Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

dislike

cherry
honey
nutty

Oblique Rewind by Givenchy is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Oblique Rewind was launched in 2000. Top notes are pistachio, cherry and bergamot; middle notes are honey, jasmine and cashmere wood; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli and cedar.

Pistachio Cherry Bergamot

Honey Jasmine Cashmere Wood

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Cedar

Luctor Et Emergo

Oblique Rewind Fragrance Reviews

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

So unique and lovely!!

It is sweet and cherry from the get-go...I do get a bit of cherry cough drop on first spritz, but not really in a bad way...plus, it fades fast into just a rich warm cherry. Just a faint hint of nutty pistachio warming it up and making it more interesting.

The middle notes quickly make this a cherry pipe tobacco and honey-scented fragrance on me, with this being one of the best honey notes I've found in a long time. Rich, warm, resinous, sweet honey. Jasmine sweetens up the middle notes just a bit, but the star of this middle ground is clearly the rich honey and the cashmere wood.

The complete drydown on me contains very little patchouli and is all amber and the carryover of the rich cherry/honey mix. It is a warm, gorgeous, comforting, sexy scent. This is not a skin scent--sillage is decent but not overpowering, and longevity is about 5-6 hours with one spray. This is definitely a unisex scent, but it is rich and sweet and sexy on me and I am hoarding every drop of this one.

Sadly, this gorgeous, rich, complex gem is discontinued, but I would snap up a backup in an instant if I located it at a great price.

EDIT: For Whaea: Compared to Cherry in the Air, this one is rich and sweet, deep and a bit smoky. Cherry in the Air is also very gorgeous, but tart and fruitier with a much softer dry down, in my opinion. :D

whaea
whaea

I adored this. Just another fragrance I loved that has been discontinued. Cherries and pistachio, warm and sweet rather than sour, light, feminine, delicious without being sickly.
Im wondering how this stacks up against Escada's new release "Cherry In the Air"?
Anyone smelt both of these and can compare.
So sad this is no longer available.
This has turned into an obituary rather than a review! *sigh*

Groza
Groza

It smells like Dolcelisir with a pleasant hint of tuberose.

Soie
Soie

Really loved this perfume; it smelled like a pistachio ice cream sundae with a cherry on top.

guillermostf
guillermostf

it's something great.

bunny deluxe
bunny deluxe

Oh my adorable perfume! I love it so much, notedly I loved it... I was really sad because of not manufactured:(
I think Rewind was the finest of the Oblique series, I used to have two bottles, and I miss it much!
It's a sassy spicy-fruity scent, I got mostly the cherry and honey. Very sweet, but so pleasant scent, Givenchy knew the secret of sensual seduction:)
If anyone knows similar fragrance, please write it, thanks!

passionata20
passionata20

I used to have it along with "Oblique play". All i can say that it was ok, the packaging was strange and it smelled a lot like chrries to me. It didn´t last for long also. I have used it in a colder time of year, early spring and ran quickly out of it.

vertigo
vertigo

I got the sample from anne (thanks again!) - I was looking for a perfume with distinct pistachio note.

I don't get much pisatchio from Oblique Rewind, but ...
it's interesting, I hate cherry & I really like this fragrance :) !

At first sniff I thought it was similar to TAIF by Ormonde Jayne, just softer and not that spicy / dusty. The only common notes are jasmine and ambergris.

Because I get something like rose from Oblique Rewind!
I can smell red currant, gooseberry and cherry in the beginning, then the fragrance becomes so velvety ...
Honey & amber do the trick for me! I feel cuddled up in this warm scarf, but not overwhelmed by it. I smell also some dry shiny woods.

On my skin lasts about 5-6 hours.

The composition is very special. Modern and unique. I got some nice comments from people today ... I'm still thinking about getting a whole bottle.
I really adore it, but is it 'the one'?

leopoldolsn
leopoldolsn

Maybe I'm an exception here, since I'm a man. I really like all 3 Oblique fragrances, even I feel they are more feminine. I always get compliments with RWD. It's strong and powerful and a bit sweet. Perfect fot cold nights! (I'm in Brazil, no chance of wearing it at day)

allexa27
allexa27

the package is ugly but the smell is really very good.It reminds me lil bit of Organza Indecence(at least on my skin)

lady*V
lady*V

This is my first review, and as such, I wanted it to be a review of the perfume I used to love so much! (I have also posted as a guest a few posts down :-)

When I first bought it I didn't know much about perfumes - and to be honest, I still don't! It's only through this great site I stumbled upon a few months ago, that I have started to try and identify the various notes I smell in a perfume.

Unfortunately I don't have a bottle that smells as good as the original did, mainly the top notes and the colour of the perfume have been affected by time. The freshness of the fruity top notes has turned into something too sharp, stingy and oily, that reminds me more of a heavy oriental/aromatic note, which of course isn’t the intention.
The middle notes still smell divine! I think it is the sweetness of the honey and the aroma of the cashmir wood that have such an intoxicating effect on me. I always thought I got some kind of almond note in there; almonds, or almond tree blossom, or maybe even cherry blossom? I remember smelling a tester (the one that lead me to try the perfume on skin- and buy it eventually) and it had a picture of blossom on it, even though the description here doesn’t mention any cherry or almond blossom.

The lasting power was great on me; when I was in high school I used to spray twice a day: before going to school, and before going out in the afternoon/evening. This was enough for my signature perfume to last all day long. Even after a few hours had passed, I remember getting unexpected waves of the middle and base notes – this was always such a pleasant surprise!
I also used to get compliments on it, and I remember feeling ‘feminine’ and sexy, but in a fresh and youthful way, that suited my age at that time. I loved the fact that this perfume stood out from the rest, the unique oriental and slightly gourmand character of it – sweet and mysterious notes, all in one.

Sadly, this perfume was discontinued -too soon in my opinion- and I haven’t been able to find another one that could give me the same thrill. Maybe I’m biased, after all this perfume is emotionally charged with memories of a youthful and romantic time in my life. But I really do long for a new signature perfume, a scent that won’t be too popular and over-worn, yet something original, playful and feminine at the same time.
Not necessarily a perfume that smells similar to Oblique RWD, more importantly a perfume that will inspire me enough and create the lust to smell it daily, a scent that will make me feel special while wearing it, and fill me with optimism, passion and confidence.

guest_Kimberly

It does not smell like cherry, but I will say this, I get a lot of compliments wearing it. Guys love it. Too bad they don't sell it anymore.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

beautiful.........it's a little sweet and very long lasting -very special ...i love it

guest_love_this!
guest_love_this!

I absolutely love this perfume! Or should I say loved.. It was introduced in 2000, when I was in high-school and I immediately became addicted. I was so disappointed to find out back in 2003 that they didn't sell it anymore! I couldn't find it anywhere, until I found it while on vacation abroad, a couple of years ago. Unfortunately the perfume was old and the smell was altered.
Seeing these comments I'm wondering, where did you guys buy it? Through internet? Did you have the feeling it was "fresh" or did it have that stale smell &colour a perfume gets when it's old? And if I may ask, are you from Europe,U.K or the U.S.? (I was thinking maybe they don't sell it in Europe anymore..)

guest_Kimberly

I do not agree that it smells like cherry pipe tobacco. It is a complicated scent...You catch a lot of wiffs of the notes when you spray, intermingled. My husband really loves it and It has good staying power. I like it...Seems to be a hit on Ebay, last time I checked. This type of perfume will be different on everyone, as the notes dry down differently on individuals...I had my sisters try it...It is different on all three of us. I suggest trying it.

Oblique Rewind by Givenchy 3.99 out of 5 based on 82 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Oblique Rewind fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Oblique Rewind, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oblique Rewind by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oblique Rewind by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.