Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Organza Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 1551 I had it: 1447 I want it: 714 My signature: 24

Organza Givenchy for women Videos
Organza Givenchy for women Pictures Organza Givenchy for women Pictures Organza Givenchy for women Pictures Organza Givenchy for women Pictures Organza Givenchy for women Pictures

Organza is a magical mix of classical sensuality, delicacy and warmth, a hymn to eternal beauty possessed by every woman. An attractive bottle designed by Serge Manseau is the embodiment of virtues of this fragrance, which is oriental-floral, warm and sweet. It is composed of intoxicating notes of opulent white flowers: gardenia, tuberose and jasmine. The combination is incredibly exciting; soft vanilla in the base tames the voluptuous luxuriance of the floral heart.

Organza was launched in 1996. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophie Labbe.

Bergamot African Orange flower Gardenia Nutmeg Green Notes

Nebras

Organza Fragrance Reviews

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

( To be read to the sound of a dirge. )

The beauty once known as "Organza" is dead. Yet another casualty of IFRA restrictions.... I wish I could find something cheerful to balance out this dismal news, but nothing springs to mind!

The tester I tried was so watered down that I almost didn't recognize the scent. All the lovely layers are gone, replaced by a drab and soulless floral of generic provenance, with exceptionally poor longevity.

If this review sounds depressing, I do apologize. One of these days I hope to see the IFRA hanging at their own private hemp party!

missafrica
missafrica

Wore this years ago and at the time I loved it... but I'm a bit older now and have moved on. I now feel it could be a bit 'cloying' but having said that I am a big fan of Givenchy fragrance!

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Alchemia72, your review of this perfume is so beautiful. You are absolutely right: scents are the most evocative of our senses, and your description of how Organza reminds you of your lovely mum makes complete sense. I experience the same thing, remembering my darling mum in the scent of Samsara, Chanel No 5, Coty L'Aimant, or even the powdery smell of a Max Factor make up compact. My niece used to wear Organza about fifteen years ago, but I can't actually remember exactly what it was like. I'm going through a real warm, spicey fragrance mood at the moment, so I'm thinking of trying it. Maybe I'll be really daring and just order it without amelling ... Should I? Ha ha ha!

alchimia72
alchimia72

Organza by Givenchy is absolutely my favorite one: vanilla, african orange flower, nutmeg, walnut, gardenia, jasmine, tuberose, guaiac wood and amber. This fragrance will have a special place in my heart forever, it's the last fragrance I gave to my mother as a Christmas gift, and I smelled it during all the last year of her life. It's the representation of the woman in all her various faces: elegance, sensuality, womanliness, in a word MUM. I loved this fragrance. It's the first object I searched in my mother's wardrobe when she died, it's her last scent, her trace in my olfactive memory. Anytime I miss her, and it happens often in the last days, I can't restrain myself from sniffing it from the bottle that I will treasure forever. This the magic of perfumes. A fragrance can transfer you and your mind to the past. Love forever. Only two drops and it will last for all day long with an exceptional sillage and projection.

shivabglr
shivabglr

If I ever get asked what perfume smells like fire, Organza would be my answer,

it's one of the best and most unique perfumes I ever had, I really miss having it and I'm thinking about getting some decant again,

it's sooo classy and elegant, but really strong and not to be messed with!

I remember why I stopped wearing it, because it was lacking sweetness for me, and because I wasn't able to fully appreciate that sharp animalic part of it,

the scent is sooo relaxing for me, definitely a great companion for cold nights, it instantly makes me feel like I'm sitting in front of a fire, feeling warm, with a soft blanket over my shoulders and great smell of spices and woods,

somehow I think this perfume must have been one of the inspirations for Bvlgari to create Jasmin Noir,

I believe it's one of the best of Givenchy,
it belongs to an era when perfumes were all unique and each had its own character,

Organza I sure miss you badly!

ellina1984
ellina1984

At first, I get the nutmeg together with florals. Then the gardenia comes through. I usually cannot go near anything with gardenia, but this is OK, discreetly sweet and elegant. There's also a faint nuttiness, which doesn't linger for long. At this point, Organza smells like expensive face cream, luxurious and with an aura of cleanliness. I get vanilla and a faint spiciness surrounding the gardenia. It is very creamy and mildly sweet.
Overall, although I wouldn't wear this (gardenia is still a major off-putting factor)this smells elegant and feminine. The spice is beautiful and definitely not loud. Very wearable.

charmedbella
charmedbella

One of my mother's signature scents (she's nearly 60). She loves big orientals -- which is where I adopted my love for orientals (and perfume in general) as well, but more modern ones. Tresor is another one of her favorites.

I can see why Organza would be off-putting to some. It's big, voluptous, sweet, and mature. Yes, the sillage and longevity are some of the best in the business (up there with Chanel Coco and TM's Alien). A little goes a long way.

On me, Organza isn't very spicy. Woody, yes, but not particuarly spicy. Chanel Coco is much more spicy on my skin. The iris in Organza really comes through on me, mixed with generous vanilla and white floral.

I would associate Organza with older women, but that is not a bad thing at all (perhaps because my mother has always worn it?).

Organza is wordly, romantic; she speaks a little too loud, her lipstick is a little smudged, and she always runs a few minutes late. She isn't as controlled and sophisticated as Coco, but not as loose and wild as Hypnotic Poison. Organza is definitely her own woman.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

I am seriously upset over my olfactory rejection of tuberose. I do not think it is my skin, as I can pull almost any fragrance well without souring or going rancid except tuberose and Organza is no exception.

Organza smells civet-ish to me, like raunchy body odor... and the tuberose is causing it. Without it, I believe I would ADORE this creamy, dreamy soft-spoken oriental as all the notes I adore are here. Even a drop of tuberose and I smell (or think I smell) like a cat has marked me or I've been weeks without a shower. As an oriental frag lover, I find that extremely distressing and depressing. Oh well, there's many more to love... but I wanted to love Organza. :( On a positive note, I am so happy for all you women who can wear tuberose. Lucky ladies!

I decided to try it because it's one of the classics in my opinion.
And I didn't expect it to be one of my favorites, but this is just awful. I can't even but the paper strip near to my face.
It's very strong, white floral and full of amber. And in this scent the amber makes it old-fashioned.
I would even say that this the "old lady scent" as many of the perfume reviewers say about some perfumes.
I'd say this is one of my least favorites of all perfumes I have tried.

Afina
Afina

There is black pepper note in the fragrance this summer. Ha-ha) It`s exactly. Nutmeg, black pepper and white flowers. I like it.

nadicamihajlovic
nadicamihajlovic

This one is real arabian princess scent, antique charm, beauty from the desert... Spicy and sweet, young and attractive...still elegant. Adds a little mystery in one's appearance... and it makes you feel thirsty :) Nutmeg and woodsy notes are the most prominent to me. Flowers are calming and pleasant.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

This perfume is creamy gardenia ! I can easilly smell very warm vanilla, ellegant honeysuckle and pure gardenia... In the first spray sharp jasmin appears but iris make it sweet in a second... Ellegant classy lady scent ! Extravaganza !

PLUMPIE

Have recently acquired a newer and genuine bottle and this is definitely still a wonderful scent, but I definitely prefer it when it has aged a bit (my other bottles have all been 5+ years old and turned ambery in colour) this fresh bottle is definitely a relief after my last purchase turned out to be a fake, so the scent is definitely still gorgeous people - it just takes a bit longer than the original formulation to warm up and release the beautiful nutmeg-tuberose goodness when applied at first I get quite an astringent gardenia note but rest assured that it all settles down and mellows into the scent I remember so fondly and love.

Kayse
Kayse

I planted gardenia bushes and jasmine this summer. What a delight it is to gather a hand full of the blossoms and inhale! Organza recreates this experience almost exactly.
Wow! What a sensual stunner. I love it at night in the summertime.
The bottle feels great in the hand, with a smooth back and textured front.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

yes, it is a very feminine fragrance..but on me, it smell like a very nice soap layered with warm floral notes. It is very suitable for cool weather, and just spray it lightly because it is quite loud perfume. Like it!

sophie.elizabeth12
sophie.elizabeth12

Bear with me as this is my first review on this website...

As a teenager I always took my cues on perfume from my mother. My first perfume was an unwanted bottle of Burberry Touch, my second was Givinchy Organza, which I wilfully took.

I absolutely LOVED it. At 14, 15, 16 I got a major kick out of the incongruity of wearing an 'old lady' perfume - it was floral and sweet, yes but a bit woody, too and indefineably spicy. The flowers were the 'delicate' portion of it and and the time I was very very aware of a 'sexy' smell that I now know to be tuberose, which is a beloved note by me to this day. I also seem to have retained a love for amber bases.

I used up nearly a whole 100ml bottle bought on a trip to Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands(where these things can be bought in fabulous discount perfume shops) and basically never wore any other perfume until I turned about 18, got distracted by other scents and subsequently and got a new, 30ml bottle a couple of months later(just over two and a half ago).

It's ALL different on me now. It's a blast of headache-inducing jasmine floweriness and vanilla and it's a crying shame. I actually get a headache from what used to be something I wore every single day and I've lost my only ever signature because of it. So much of a signature was it that I was given another brand new 30 ml bottle as a gift. I simply don't know what to do with it, I have a lot of it that I cannot wear. I don't particularly want to sell it. I want my favourite perfume back and I'm terrified that it has been irrevocably changed.

I am assuming that this is because of one of three things-

1. My old big bottle contained a bright stain-your-clothes orange juice and was probably a good deal older when purchased (as it was discounted) than the 30ml version bought as a Christmas gift. The age (and possibly sun exposure) caused it to lose its top notes and go sultry and mellow.

2. It had been reformulated between the time that the big bottle was made and the small bottle was bought. This would be sad, sad news.

3. My skin chemistry has changed, perhaps along with my teenaged hormones evening out. However, I doubt that this is the case as I just sprayed part of the dregs of the big bottle on one wrist and a bit from the small bottle on the other and while they are clearly the same perfume, the darker juice is like a chill, sexy older sister compared to the lighter juice which is like getting hit in the face with a bouquet until a migraine ensues.

Is there any sense in leaving my small bottles out in the sun until they go bright orange? Has anyone any clue?

All in all, though, it's a fantastic perfume and I'd reccomend it to anyone, despite its 'old lady' connotations. It's sophisticated without screaming EXPENSIVE LUXURY (even though it's by no means cheap) and is a really nice introduction to Orientals. At least it was for me.

Fatima Fabiola
Fatima Fabiola

I am 35, I love perfumes- have almost 40- and use every kind of perfume. I've just bought a little 30 ml bottle. It 's amazing. I 've never thought I could wear an "antique" perfume. I went to a department store and I saw it and thought "no, it is for a mature women", but I tried it and after a few minutes... magic! At first it is strong;but after a few minutes it smells like bubble gum , at least on my skin. Nobody could think that the thing that smells so delicious on me is Organza. It is womanly, elegant, edible, for a confident person... in one word: power. I smell the flowers and vanille. My new signature. That 's all.

Belzey
Belzey

This was my wedding day fragrance I got married in Bali so now every time I smell this beautiful oriental scent it reminds me of that beautiful day :) might have to buy a new bottle!

EliaTatuirovka
EliaTatuirovka

I have a love-hate 'relationship' with this perfume..
I bought it few years ago. I liked the sweet scent of it. It's kind of a Sexy heavy scent. Unfortunately that bottle I bought was broken 1 day after I bought it. (it fell on the floor and broke!) it was the 100 ml Bottle.

Few months ago I decided to buy it again. I bought the 100 ml bottle and when I put it on for a Date with my Boyfriend he told me his Mom using the same perfume X( !!! I didn't believe him so he described me exactly how the bottle looks and everything. -Jeeeez, His mom is Olddddd! Ugggggh! I wanted to feel Sexy. It made me feel like his Mom! I really started to hate this perfume so I gave it to MY mom and she's very happy. -Problem solved.

Anyway, This perfume is Sexy. sweet and not for very young women. I'd say for 25+ yrs at least.
I wish I could use it but I guess I have no luck with this perfume. :(

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

I am a tuberose fan and, although there's more gardenia in Organza, this is my favourite tuberose fragrance yet. This is not a fleshy, nude, in-your-face tuberose like Michael Kors Michael. The tuberose and gardenia don't bury your nose in a garden, either--the way the team does in Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia. This is a gentle and refined treatment of tuberose and gardenia.

An elegant balance. Other reviewers say they're getting a spicy accord. Not sure that I'd say it's very spicy at all but there is woodiness. That's where the elegance comes from--the florals are balanced by the nutmeg, walnut and wood.

I was wondering why this timeless classic isn't touted as much as some others and then I noticed how much of a skin scent it struck me as. To my surprise, most of the reviewers on Fragrantica seem to think the sillage is heavy. Confused by that.

lirael00
lirael00

I'm planning to buy this one next as I'm really impressed by it. I like spicy orientals, and Organza meets all needs here. Spicy nuts in the openning and more of a warm and sweet drydown after few hours. Classy, elegant, worth buying it. Lasts long and it smells amazing. Definitely fit for a lady.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Apparently, Organza has been reformulated. To me, it smells almost like a different perfume, very tuberosey, with less vanilla and nutmeg, and sadly, no gardenia. Why, oh why?

Top notes are very, very spicy, a bit too spicy for me, but bearable. Deep orient! Arabian princess could wear it...
Middle notes are more moderate and quite pleasant, even if strong white flowers are blended together. Ladylike scent with a lot of power, I would say.
And woody base notes are... lovely!
For sure it is not a scent for everyone, but it is surely worth trying it.

giorgio 223
giorgio 223

once you try organza, you will never forget it....soft, lovely, wonderful,very feminine, rich, and unforgettable!!!! i think more of most good perfumes was created in 90ies!!! bravo givenchy!!!!

Organza is one of the most beautiful orientals around. I smell mostly spices at the beginning and throughout wear, then the gardenia slowly makes its way to the front during the middle phase but never takes over the scent. The florals in this are noticeable but subtle. To me, this scent is mostly about the warmth of the spices. Smells luxurious, elegant, and timeless, a perfect example of what an oriental floral should be. This one has a permanent spot on my love shelf.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

This perfume is delicious. I love it. It smells womanly and classy. Very sophisticated but appropiate for a woman of any age.

Cece.A
Cece.A

A classic, mature romantic scent best suited to cool weather (I don't experience winter). And the packaging is awesome.

400blows
400blows

I loved this at first, and wore it all summer, and was complimented. But that was a summer from hell, and now, the scent of this is actually a tiny bit nauseating, evoking the pain of the time as only scents can do. I know I don't ever wish to wear it again. That's not Organza's fault; just one of those things. What i probably should do is wear it intensively again and reprogramme myself.

tanzp
tanzp

as comment below i tested it yesterday and i really liked it but its the honey suckle to much makes it a bit to sickly sweet for me , other than that a nice perfume just not on me

YogaRose
YogaRose

I agree exactly with HALEY-SUE down below...love the exact notes she does, but still too much of "something"

HALEY-SUE
HALEY-SUE

I love the smell, but can't wear it. I love vanilla, nutmeg, jasmine, gardenia, & amber. But this has too much of something... The smell is great but gives me a headache (as many orientals do) It is true that you need only a drop of two. It is very concentrated. It has a sexy, heady fragrance that makes me think of loose women smoking cigarettes in a French Café wearing a long dress with a split up to the thigh. But Lovely women. Attractive women that could bring a man to his knees. Worldly women
Just know that if orientals make your head hurt, you may want to buy a tester vial first.

crescentsho
crescentsho

very nice, one of my fav oriental floral fragrance. sweet and strong. beautiful bottle too

avalon9am
avalon9am

I've never thought of Organza as a mature scent. On the contrary, I've seen it worn a lot by young ladies because its round edges make it very cosy and versatile. Not to mention that it is highly appreciated by men ;). I see it as a refined Oriental Floral with a non-foody gourmand twist, very feminine and quite addictive.

If anything I believe that marketing has to do with its decreasing popularity, as Givenchy has had numerous other releases since 1996 and they had to put those in spotlight in order to sell.

Besides, its projection and longevity are difficult to match nowadays which is obviously a big plus for Organza!

ecerusen
ecerusen

mature winter smell. classy, elegant lady perfume for sure. i've never been a lady and i'll never be. but the scent is delicious.
on me, flowers dont show themselves so much but they add powdery perfectness on it.
it is strangely peaceful scent on me, i think the reason is that my grandma use exactly similar parfume with this.

all in all, not for my kind yet but i'm sure i'll use this later

ladygya86
ladygya86

Smells classy and expensive.Lasts forever and it's perfect for winter.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I bought this when it first came out. In spite of the tight budget at the time, I fell madly in love this with a single sniff and purchased. I thought I had found my new signature. I am not sure what happened. The intoxication of that magical first date was tempered by the discovery of warts on the second date. It was quite sweet, and strong, which I usually love, but there was something there that was just too much. It was not suitable for work and somehow wrong for the evening. It didn't seem to suit any occasion. Is the bottle still around here somewhere or did I give it away? It's been many years since, and my tastes have changed. This is one I will definitely need to revisit.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I think that this perfume has to be one of the most beautiful in my (quite large) collection. It is a beautiful spicy smell and although it does not have carnation, it is IMHO a carnation/spicy smell and I love it. Longevity and silage are very good and I never want to be without a bottle of this wonderful perfume. The bottle is a wonderful creation as well, so elegant and sophisticated.

brt
brt

Sensual, floral, spiced cookies baking. Perfect for this time of year. The EDP is one of my current favorites. I sprayed some on the other morning and thought, "This smells like Christmas." That's what Helena Rubenstein's Heaven Scent used to make me think many years ago. Organza envelopes me in a beautiful, comforting embrace that makes me feel both earth mother and glamorous at the same time. Not many that can do that.

milenamp
milenamp

For me it is musk, a bit sweet and pepper, thats all, and there is no these notes listed . But its nice.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

one of my TOP 10 of all times!!!great great great

Very strong, vibrant scent, pleasantly warm, but far too heavy to be my scent. Anyway, try it yourself, as every scent develops differently on the specific skin type.

Dawndelights

The times I have seen this perfume on offer in boots but never tried it as the perfume bottle is nice and elegant but the box looks a little dated, but I decide to try it when its not on offer and realise I like it and want to buy it so I am now waiting for it to be on offer again, feels like a long wait! I try to always buy my perfume when there is a offer on if I can. Oh why did I not try this perfume before!

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I wish I could wear it because I really love the way the spicy elements and peony and tuberose come together, but it causes me to sneeze. A lot. Sadly, I had to give my bottle up.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

For the first half hour I thought I smelled of fennel pout-pourri and it also struck me as being very mature. But it dried down to a delicate powdery floral with a just a subtle hint of spice.

Daivuce
Daivuce

It's such a strange fragrance. The opening is all beautiful flowers with a hint of vanilla, I think - oh I love this, 15 min in and it turns into heavy, nearly nauseating, cloying scent.. by this point I'm ready to wash it of thinking it's too old fashioned. But wait.. suddenly it changes again to this wonderful, fresh, slightly sweet and nutty scent that makes me think of the sunset on the beach. And I'm in love again. Intoxicating, elegant, even sexy. Something to look forward to.
It's a keeper, but only for those special occasions.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Someone bought me this before I was 20, probably was too young to appreciate it the. I don't remember how it smelled, but I don't generally like tuberose or gardenia so maybe that's why I didn't keep it. Nice bottle though.

suzana-suzana
suzana-suzana

This one is BIG white flowers. It is heavy and spicy but also rich and deep with silage and long lasting power. I wear it in snowy winter, spray a little on cloth and it is gorgeous.

lily13ana

As it happened to me with all the perfumes i have, this has grown on me. After i used 1/3 of the juice, it became stronger and with more lasting power. I can easily fell it after 12 hours.

Yohji
Yohji

One of my favourites for last 10 years, after Yohji.
I find it very "difficult" in a way of skin reaction - one day it might feel warm and sensual, another over-powering and dangerous/like it catches up your menthal fluids) So be good and loving - and it will work out at it best. I love to wear it on snowy evenings, but not on rainy days)It likes dry but warm skin so it mixes well with body heat.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Rien n'y fait ! J'ai beau l'essayer l'hiver, l'été, le printemps, l'automne, en vacances, au travail.... Ma peau fait virer ce délicieux parfum !!!
Le parfum a ceci de secret : l'alchimie qu'il recèle dans son flacon se révèle ou se dérobe sur une peau... Soit il fait de vous une femme au sillage délicieux soit il fait de vous une femme à l'odeur qui vous donne la nausée. Pour moi et Organza c'est la deuxième option !
Tant pis !!! On se quitte non fâchée.... Sans rancune... ;O)

Dawndelights

I tested this in a shop today, and I was wondering what the nuts would smell like, well I can smell them and it gives a bit of a dirty smell and then its soft flowery creamy vanilla. I will have to give this one another test, so wish you could get little samples of perfumes to take home

pipergirl
pipergirl

Mmmm this is good stuff. Gorgeous and creamy vanilla infused flowers sprinkled with nutmeg and topped with crushed walnuts. All warmed by a rich amber base. This is no sugary sweet dessert, this is a decadent, sexy, grown up lady. Perfect for cool romantic evenings, special occasions, holidays. Love this!

Betweenshades

This continues to grow on me; I've since promoted this scent to my signature frag! I've never gotten more compliments than when wearing this, seconded only by Smell Bent's Disco Nap. I guess the warm, sexy vanillas work for me. :)

I love how it tells a story every time you put it on. From "nice girl" upon first spray with the orange flower and burgamot, but very quickly morphing into a silky seductress with the woods, nuts and richer white florals. The white flowers, walnut, nutmeg and vanilla compliment each other and keep it interesting! This isn't a cheap body spray; this is a complex lady with heft.

rottannie

I can't say. If you bought it from a reputable place, you're probably safe. I dont get any rootbeer though. Im a disaster at the picking apart notes, but ill do my best to try and describe what i smell. The beginning never starts harsh like some that need time to become pleasant. Sweet, creamy, floral, maybe a light touch of cinnamon and vanilla. I dont know if those notes are even listed, but that's what i smell. Its loud no doubt, but so beautiful.

michelle.p.stpierre

Thanks Rottannie! I agree there are a lot of counterfeits out there. I bought mine at a local store. I had a mini years back, but I don't quite remember it smelling like root beer. I suppose it is possible the store unknowing bought counterfeits from a wholesaler. Can I take it that there hasn't been any reformulation? Unless, my skin chemistry is doing weird things, and it is not counterfeit, this doesn't smell the same. No issue with longevity. It lasts a long while.

rottannie

Many, many, MANY fakes being sold on eBay! If your bottle is weak with no longevity, its probably counterfeit. My first bottle purchased seemed ok, but didn't live up to the hype. And then the spraying mechanism stopped working. I contacted the seller, and they shipped a new one right out....without any question and no requirement that I return the faulty one. REALLY red flag.From that point fwd, I learned if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I am very selective when I use eBay and generally only buy testers from sellers with very high feedback ratings(percentage and quantity)

Organza is heavenly. Its the only one I own that I've got backup bottles :)

michelle.p.stpierre

I don't see it listed in the notes here or anywhere else, but I swear there is a high amount of benzoin in this. I smell root beer and that's all I smell in this. Anyone else getting this effect to from this perfume?

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I haven't bought that scent but used it many times with my sister-in-law (we are very close almost like sisters , even in looks :)..Though this has been years ago but I still really like it and remember it as a reviewer on another site described it to a T .."It's the Feminine Fragrance that would evoke a man but it wouldn't turn him into a savage".. Really "Soft Power " like a perfectly manicured hand with classic red nail varnish..It is not an old lady smell , NO WAY ..I used this with my SIL when we were at the beginning of our 20's and never felt or thought it was older for us , this is a heavy floral , fruity scent that is worn by a female , not those sweet , candy , girly , yuckies attacking us everywhere now ..This is for a female of any age , no tomboy who smells like lollipop or candies when she puts on perfume ...
but I think this has been re-formulated , I used the older version only ...My SIL just told me she had stopped using it about 3 years ago, it has been re-formulated & she didn't like the newer version at all ...So sad ....

Giv1952
Giv1952

it's all about tubrose and vanilla

PLUMPIE

I have worn this for years (see my previous reviews and adore this scent) still have a mini of the original formulation which starts out deep golden and goes a rust red over time but the scent remains the same. Recently bought a brand new 100ml and its in the newer non frosted bottle (the front of the older bottle used to be frosted) and the juice is an orangey gold shade. It smells so weak and missing all of it's character. Looks like another classic has been destroyed by reformulation. Hoping with age it might develop it's creamy nutmeg sandalwoodness which it is lacking in the current formulation. EDIT 15/8/13 I have just found out the last bottle I purchased is a fake which explains the weaker scent - it turns out these are being mass produced and sold on ebay and via Amazon which is quite concerning many people may be being ripped off on this scent - I would suggest buying from an official store buyer beware!!!

mary.dinoface
mary.dinoface

I just bought this perfume yesterday. I found it for an amazing price! I was looking for something else, but for the price I coulnt pass it up. To me, this smells like flowers but with pepper on them lol. I dont normaly go for something with a lot of florals, but this is ok. I dont know if I love it, but I dont hate it. Im going to weat it today and see what I think. I dont smell vanilla but I do smell something spicy in there.

lily13ana

I received my bottle few days ago and I am very disapointed because the smell is weak compared to the tester from the shop and is also slightly diferent. It seems to be original, I verified the batch code and it's been produced in july 2012. The projection is not as good as I expected to be, but it still smells good. I am disapointed because I have to put my nose close to the hand to feel something. Maybe it will grow with time.

projectalice345
projectalice345

I just got my tiny bottle in the mail, its so small you have to dab it on, I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to spray it.I must upgrade to a bigger dose soon! Its all I remembered, delicious. I want to dive into a pool of the stuff, I imagine it would be soft like a silken pool of cashmere, splash around in the almost gourmand bubbly texture.Maybe it would be like liquid gold.

Lovely rich waves of musky white flowers tumble across my skin followed by a very distinct warm rich aroma of what I can only describe as a Root Beer Float with tons of Creamy Vanilla Ice cream. Who ever on here described it as a Root Beer float is genius, that is exactly what smells like. It wafts gently, comforting as a silk sheet over you. I read that Organza is a type of silk and the original formula had some sort of silk connection, what an amazing idea. Wish I could have smelled that version.

Its the smell of relaxing feminine charms. If I could describe the smell in a color I would say it was a light gold, allot like the bottle implies, a kind of light amber hue.

Update: Booh. too bad. Now it just gives me a head ache. Oh well. Strange how some smells do that.

scentsforme
scentsforme

10/10 It's great!!!!! A WOW FRAGRANT!!!

Kysyona
Kysyona

Sampled it today at my local drugstore and have decided - one cannot go through life without a small bottle of Organza. I cannot say I could wear it daily, I cannot say, that it is a versatile scent, I wouldn't place it as an evening or a daytime scent - it seems to be a bit of everything, really... It seems to fall into a gourmand group for me, rather that heavy floral. Its neighbours in that happy-comfy olfactory family would be Ange ou Demon, Burberry Brit , Chloe Love and Alien. In fact, this is just what Burberry Brit is, just swap green for honeysuckle and multiply by 2. For some reason 50s-60s come to mind, peppy skirts and dresses, cardigans always perfectly buttoned up, rockabilly chairs, the ode-worthy wallpaper patterns... I have instantly imagined preparing for sitting down on Sunday to eat a Sunday roast with a family mid-November, choosing a comfy wool dress and not forgetting the stockings! The closet is full of clothes and on the dressing table - beads, pearls, crystal glass containers for hairpins... there's a feeling of "cluttered" that comes with this scent, but in a good way - the way a wardrobe full of clothes that have absorbed perfume smells, when you just open it. Thanks to honeysuckle Organza is irrevocably cheerful: no one can possibly wear it with a sad face! Cosy, nuzzling, uplifting, unpretentious and reliable for duration of the "pick-me-up" effect. If you are in your 30s and further into your timelessness :) - it can be worn daily in cold months. If you are entering your 20s - you can make it rock if you take on a hippie look ( hardcore: knitted multicoloured hoodies, long skirts, huge platform boots and so on ) - in my opinion, this could work brilliantly together. What does amaze me is that it is only 16-17 years old! - this is so not the 90s!!! I always thought it comes to us from some post-WW2 times or at least from the early 80s! The bottle is the only thing I am not a huge fan of: it is exactly what held me back from trying this perfume for years: it looks incredibly tacky and cheap-looking, especially the cap. I am also not a huge fan of flacons that are tall and unstable. Thumbs down for such an unworthy kitschy dress this fabulous scent is confined into though.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Lately I've been trying some classics that for one or other reason had been escaping away from me. That was the case of Organza probably because I couldn't expect a wonder to come in such a terrible bottle design.

I am delighted by the combination of strong white flowers with nuts and though I'm not a vanilla fan I love the vanilla amber twist in this blend with the woods.

Organza is a sparkling sweet nutty creamy flower bouquet with a nice wood opulent dry down.

Long lasting, to be used with caution as its sillage can be extreme if you overdo.

It is going to make room for itself in my collection.
I can't wait.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Received a sample vial of this, as I've been curious about the floral-spice-nut combination. It smells delightful from the nozzle, but the first 5 minutes were a bit dank and musty. Then it opened up and became a sweet floral with a nutty, woody vibe. It's not a bright, sparkly, floral; the gardenia, honeysuckle and orange flowers smell gentle and almost subdued to me, like a breeze. There is certainly a smell of nuts, and I also get the vanilla and nutmeg....

I want to describe it like white-praline fudge...but then that will give the impression this is a gourmand, and it is NOT. When I breathe on my arm, the nutmeg rises up, smelling a bit like eggnog....yet, this is not a winter/holiday smell...

I think it is season-less, timeless, ageless. Like something the Greek goddess Hestia, goddess of hearth and home who is both eldest and youngest, would wear.

Sillage about armslength for 2 hours, overall longevity about 5 hours then it fades to barely there.

Tulip Time
Tulip Time

I just purchased this today. First, the bottle is so pretty. The top and lines of the bottle definitely have a Roman influence. I always appreciate the bottle to be designed for easy application. Lord knows I have a few which require some fancy maneuvering to use, but this slim design makes it a delight. The scent, on me, is quite pleasant and I like it more than I thought I would. If you like a gardenia note, you might like this. I think many do not like it because some wearers use a heavy hand. A quick mist or walk-through is all you need as mentioned by previous reviewers. I applied this earlier in the day in the bedroom and I just went through it and the air smells so heavenly. Definitely a keeper.

Délicieux
Délicieux

I recently inherited this perfume from my dear mother who passed away. This was her signature scent. It was absolutely gorgeous on her. Elegant and comforting at the same time. I do love this on me too, but it's emotionally difficult to wear it as it brings back memories of my mom. Feels too special and sacred at the moment...but perhaps one day I'll feel comfortable enough to wear it.

I do agree with other posters before me that Organza is a Givenchy masterpiece. Timeless. Perfect for an evening out or even to walk the dog. A lovely fragrance such as this should be enjoyed and worn often. So feminine and effortlessly beautiful!

idressyou
idressyou

I was surprised to read this wasn't a Sophia Grojsman creation. Heady, white, sweet, spicy floral bomb... I like!

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

I bought this in the late 1990s when I saw a raving review in a magazine describe this as smelling like what beautiful expensive antique lace would smell like if it had a smell. I loved it at the time, and it is the fragrance out of all I've ever owned for which I received the most compliments. Forward to now, I don't love it like I used to, but it's still nice. Very feminine and elegant...and oh so long lasting! Wish all my fragrances had the staying power this one had!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

people always complimented..always asked me what it was when I used it..i am out and should get one..so very beautiful..not heavy at all..clean, intense..just beautiful!

roba
roba

Organza....gorgeous bottle ......beautiful fragrance!! Love it!

4scents
4scents

Winter holidays, warm and tender wrapped up in all things vanilla. Elegant floral merges deep into the senses leaving trails of spice unfolding every layer.
This was a gift given to me and well received, used to the last drop. Champagne flowing from vintage crystal etched flutes toasting a new year and my wearing Organza becomes one in the same memory that will never be forgotten.

Paraluman
Paraluman

Three words: Root Beer Float

and I love it! :D

I remember being a kid sitting in one corner of the diner, carefully sipping the rootbeer from my mug with a straw so it wouldn't mix with the vanilla ice cream top.. saving the best for last :)

Organza makes me feel like a kid again. Patiently waiting for the drydown in anticipation of the softest spiced vanilla, so feminine and endearing :)

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Bought my Mum this, it is a wonderful fragrance. Like a Cloud of Warm Vanilla. The bottle is a work of art, never fails as a gift. Fabulous fragrance.

sally.west1
sally.west1

As a floriental lover this is one of the best - warm, womanly and long lasting with amazing depth and complexity. A classic.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

the vintage e.d.p is wonderful, deep complex and intoxicating. the current formulation is lame, flat and smells like mothballs.

bailarina
bailarina

I guess I'm not a "mature woman" but I think this perfume smells so lovely. The nutty vanilla-amber is very apealing to me. I love it, specially the dry-down. It is beautiful!

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

This review is of the vintage EDP. This elegant, sophisticated, creamy fragrance is a masterpiece of balanced composition and complexity. A grand dame of perfumes, not matronly, but womanly. A ripe, mature sexuality is evoked by this magical brew of flowers, spices, and woods, complicated by an unusual walnut note.

I love gardenia, but gardenia is a difficult flower to evoke in any perfume. For me, a good gardenia is rare. The gardenia in Organza is fabulous: appearing early and often: not an overly sweet, cloying gardenia, but a deep, rich gardenia. A gardenia beginning to turn ivory around the edges, a gardenia in a bowl of water on a table; not a gardenia by moonlight in a garden.

A subtle, somewhat tempered gardenia, frolicking with a frisky jasmine, joined by a divine tuberose, flower heaven; and then, what is that? Nutmeg? I love nutmeg in perfumes, when well done. I love the nutmeg in Coco Noir, but I do not like nutmegs that make me smell like Christmas cookies or potpourri. This is such a charming nutmeg, reminding me of old nutmeg groves in Trinadad, an earthy, woody nutmeg with no sweetness of its own, merging with the honeysuckle and tuberose in particular, to create a rich, warm, deeply spicy floral chord.

The dry down is glorious: cedar, vanilla and amber are very well balanced, combined with a smoky woodiness that beats slow and steady like the Ō-daiko, the biggest of the Taiko drums. It is a deep, insistent bass note that never lets up an hour or two after application. This must be the Guaiac wood. Longevity on me is not great, even with EDP, on me about 4 or 5 hours max. Not the sillage monster on me that it apparently is on others, and I must say, that is my only regret.

Lucialuz

Take a lot of care! It STAINS clothes forever. Only sanitary water can solve the problem (So, if the clothe is coloured, there is no solution).

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

the best parfum for a woman in her 50s with urban style and class

Wonderfugl
Wonderfugl

Very alluring and complex smell, spicy and warm. Seductive. For mature women with exclusive tastes.

dinh.ng.quynh
dinh.ng.quynh

This was the first perfume I ever bought, mostly due to its alluring bottle, but over time, I must say that I LOVE this scent! It's one of my favorite fragrances in addition to Dior's Poison...so empowering and seductive. If you're looking for something a little retro and different, Organza is the scent for you.

stacey.donovan
stacey.donovan

This is a sweet, creamy, super-feminine vanilla floral. It puts me in a warm and affectionate mood.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

Ever since I've discovered Fragrantica about a year ago, I've been on a perfume shopping binge ... :-)
Funny thing is, I keep being attracted to the older scents because somehow I find the new ones on the market so alike, nothing really stands out or has enough character to "grip" me. Because most of the "established" scents have been reformulated, and a lot of them I haven't tried in the past, I have no idea what the originals smelled like. Organza EDP, my latest "find" may not be what it was, according to some of the reviews here but to me it's a very precious find. It's (jasmin and) gardenia galore for starters (which I happen to love) and the drydown on me is soft sweet powdery vanilla which lasts all day. On clothes even for several days. Delicious, feminine, classy and very much a good-feel scent.

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Too floral for me, i dont know why did i get 1oz bottle, i dont want it

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

An unsuccessfully reformulated fragrance...

Aysu
Aysu

This is not the same Organza that I smelled 15 years ago. This is not a magic enveloping you with feminine mysterious clouds, as it used to be. I am not surprised with reformulations anymore but surprised with how bad they can do it!!
Creamy vanilla base is so faint now, and it is too heavy on the flowers in a cheap way.

sumrdream
sumrdream

Very floral fragrance. I wore this in the 80's and thought I was so sophisiticated! It is a very feminine fragrance and fairly strong. It is a lovely floral with a vanilla undertone.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

In a perfect world, where confluence of the favorite perfume ingridients would amount to a favorite fragrance, Organza would be my absolute favorite.
In reality, no matter how much I want to love Organza, especially because of it's woods and tuberose and unique guaiac wood and walnut, it's not an easy fragrance for my nose. It least the modern (reformulated?) version of it.
Smelling the test card with EDP, I experience an olfactory wide oily woodsy hole,
olfactory dive into unknown and since I am somewhat a control freak, diving into unknown makes me dizzy, almost nauseated, anxious.
When you smell Kalimantan, another wood fragrance, that olfactory hole assumes familiar shape and texture, precisely the shape of the rose hip. That olfactory space is meaningfully filled for me.
With Organza that space is dizzy and empty. The bottle is so covetable and unique. If only my brain would be able to adjust to that dive.
Update:
I have just red the club topic on what "smells expensive"really means. An apparently experienced fragrantican mentioned that "cheap" fragrance usually feels hollow. "Expensive" one would never smell hollow. I think I would take Dior Addict or Tom Ford Violet Blonde anytime over this one.
Also,Givenchy Organza smells disturbingly close to Guerlain Samsara.

CHIMAMANDA
CHIMAMANDA

I 2nd Susanna75; definitely for cofident and mature woman indeed.

Tovah
Tovah

This is one of my mother's favorite "everyday" fragrances, along with 5th Avenue; (Chanel No. 22 and Shalimar are for "dress up"). For a great deal of my life, I lived thousands of miles away from my mother, but as of a couple of months ago, I live only around 30 miles away from her. Organza is a scent of celebration for me, because its bright, golden joy reminds me of how thankful I am that I can see my mother any time I want! And she almost always smells of Organza. Organza is a sharp, tuberose floral to my nose. It's very bright and sparkling, but it always feels elegant. It can easily be over-sprayed, but, if worn delicately, it's beautiful. My skin works well with Organza Indecence, and it turns Organza into an Almost Giorgio Headache...however, this is absolutely lovely on the right person.

pushya
pushya

When I was very young it was perfect for my body chemistry. But now it gives me a headache and it's too much for me. I love it so much but I can't wear it.

PLUMPIE

Sex in a bottle but slightly less so than the amazing Organza Indecence - indecence has more honey and beeswax notes, Organza is more of a warm syrupy amber fragrance with heaps of nutmeg. It is a golden warm fragrance but it is also quite dark at the same time hard to explain - but either way which suits me well.

smellhunt
smellhunt

I wear Organza since the first year it was launched in '96, the perfume in all the versions, body lotions, body cream, shower gel, deodorant... you name it.
Whatever product has a connection with my beloved perfume I should have it.
Even when I take a break from her, there is always one big bottle in my boudoir and a small for my purse, simply because Organza is a part of me, my scent ID.
I'm not going to say much more(read nopasho's review, gives a perfect description): this amazing floral-woody-spicy perfume, is as complicated as a woman is.

I have to add, that the composition of the fragrance, has been changed.
It still smells the same, but has lost some of the lasting power, some of the silage and color: it is a lighter shade of gold instead of amber,it used to look more like the "Organza Indian Jasmin"

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

This is just the most Gorgeous fragrance; I'm in Love with this perfume & (drumroll please) SO IS MY HUBBY!!
For soo long I have been searching for a signature that ignites both of our passions. Mine for a taste of big, white florals-richly scented gardenia that lingers & lucious tuberose; His for a passion of vanilla and spice. For many years I suffered wearing fluffy, cupcakey perfumes to please him but would be unhappy myself. Now I have taken my power back, oh what uber-feminine dynamite this is..Givenchy Organza is just what the Dr. ordered. I have been fortunate to acquire three versions of this perfume, one vintage EDP, one vintage pure parfum and a current pure parfum. Both the vintages ooze honeysuckle on the opening, whereas the current one I smell cedar much more strongly in the opening. Almost to the point of smelling a little bit like bug spray... a musky, white floral bug spray. I have tucked that bottle way in the back of my lingeries drawer to age and choose to use the vintage versions because they are so lyrical, so poetic..a symphony of notes that harmonize beautifully. The drydown is delicious. I smell a VERY high quality vanilla, mixed with some amber and woods. It is sweet but not sickly or cloying, it's just a perfect vanila cream that has been tempered by the cedar,amber and woods.My youngest daughter said I smelled "yummy".That I believe, is the greatest compliment of all.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I read somewhere that this was an oriental fragrance. So I thought it would be spicy and smoky, but as I see the notes here, there's nothing oriental about it. Flowers all over the place. On my skin, I can smell a very fresh gardenia, with some tiny vanilla to it. I have the EDP and from reading here, I thought it would be much stronger. I did not spray on my chest today, but on my arms and my back, just so that my nose wouldn't get knocked out, in case it was strong, as my impression from reading here, was. On me it's mild and surprisingly fresh. I don't know what note it is that makes it fresh on me. Maybe the orange flower. I sprayed carefully, but could have sprayed alot more. On my skin it turned out to be an office scent. No sex for me. I can easy have it daily without offending anyone. I don't think I'll buy it again, as I was hoping for some spicy, deep and strong monster. Oh, how reputation can work out sometimes! Is the formulation watered down nowadays? It must have been stronger before, I guess. I have dry skin now and my skin seems to eat some perfumes that are strong on others. Organza could have been stronger, in my opinion. Beautiful scent really, but too mild and fresh on my skin. Maybe gardenia isn't the flower for me. I wanted so much to like this or even love it, since it's a classic and so many people loves it. I blind bought it 'cause I felt I had to try Organza at least once in my lifetime. I only wish it was stronger. I like the scent, but that's all. No more, no less.

susana75
susana75

Oh!!! Organza what can I say ...This scent is for confidant mature woman..... lets also say rich ,who wears golden jewelry . it's a masterpiece perfume .

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

This is the wittiest sex bomb oriental I've experienced. Indole, a riot of amber and a giant dose of old-school vanilla. The refreshing departures from this genre are the very prominent walnut and nutmeg notes.

In love with the conceptual breadth of the perfumer. To make something this bold and sexy so quirky was a stroke of genius, to be sure.

natural
natural

i love organza sooooooo much!! sweet and flowery! classic and feminine! definitely one of my favourites!

CozyCat
CozyCat

I disliked it the first time I tried it, but now I can appreciate how full-bodied and womanly Organza is. A heady, gardenia-dominant, white-floral with creamy vanillic and nutty tones overlaying smoked woods and golden amber. Let me first say that I ABHOR Amarige, and Organza is so much smoother and refined in comparison and more creamy and sweet. It is sensual, provocative, voluptuous, decadent and elegant.

Organza is THE perfume to wear with 'THAT DRESS', and every woman should atleast own one, that magical dress that has the power to channel a woman's inner goddess, multiply her feminine super-powers and seductive prowess 10 fold. It could be a long, white, flowing dress, or a short, black, lacy one, but it has to be THAT dress, your 'freakum' dress, as Beyonce would put it, with a classier spin on it. And naturally, underneath that dress, she will have lace garters and fine lingerie on.

Wear it right, and you will be turning heads in the best way possible, take it for granted by wearing often, and it will lose its magic, and even turn on you. For the younger ladies, it is definitely a perfume for evening time, it is too refined to wear on any other occasion. The more mature ladies with classical tastes will be able to wear this as a daily scent quite effortlessly. And trust me on this, it smells EXQUISITE when smelled from a slight distance, but you will not be able to appreciate it merely by smelling it nose-to-wrist , it also smells quite rotten on a paper strip, like wilted jasmine petals mixed with a muggy vanilla (why I had disliked it at first)...it needs to be experienced as an aura that gently folds around your presence.

I have fallen in love with Organza, but I won't be needing more than a 1oz bottle, it is truly one of those scents meant to be savored on special occasions only (for me atleast).

Migalex
Migalex

I find this perfume very synthetical in a way I cannot really relate it straightforwardly to the natural scents listed above or any other ones I am familiar with. It does smell of sweet spices, and it do detect something to me reminiscent of nutmeg, but not much of flowers, apart from the iris powderyness. Its sweetness I associate more with a cinnamon like scent than with vanilla. I do not like the opening that much but the drydown I find more pleasant. Overall, I am not very fond of thiis scent.

Joanna2533
Joanna2533

Organza, just like her name provoques, induces ambiguous feelings of forbidden desires. I really feel her influence on me; it is like I am drawn in sweet memories of a warm atmosphere with an oriental decor.

Organza is a distinguished scent that cannot be confused and that cannot stay unnoticed for anybody. Her class in smell and elegance in bottle, her great sillage and staying power are what you mostly expect in a perfume and could joyfully find in Organza!

onesexygrammy
onesexygrammy

Love the first whiff, florals galore. Unfortunately,any trace of honeysuckle or animalic note, and that is all my skin will express. Turns to a very cheap mediocre disaster within 10 minutes. Oh well, at least the bottle is lovely.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Marvelous perfume, with feminine soul and masculine strength. So classical, chic, comfortable. An afternoon sun into our living room could be invited through Organza. Peace, glow and whispers, perfect invitation of irresistible, passionate evening.
It's said that home is where your heart is. It feels like home to me. Good memories.

Lucialuz

perfect mix of gardenias, nutmegs, vanilla, honey and a lot of amber. Classic, heavy, beautiful!

Pari88
Pari88

Every woman has to try this once in their lives to know what a REAL perfume smells like lol.
Yes, it is exactly how I remember it. Very woody/nutty. Lots of raw gardenia and jasmine, with something reminiscent of marhmallow fluff (probably the walnut/vanilla effect). To the point, EDP, sprayed on Skin, not clothes:

First spray: White flowers every where! Bitter, dirty, raw!

Immediatley after: That "perfumey" smell that I, personally, am not fond of. As soon as you smell it YOU WILL remember this fume from somewhere in your past(typical 80's perfume smell, strong, in your face, Ja Ja Gaboor, bombastic!)

Middle phase: The above, but now throw in lots of nuts! Yes, nuts and nutmeg. It gets very nutty here. Still going strong..very strong, still perfumey

Dry down: It takes a veryyyy long time ( 30+ minutes! seriously)to get to this point, must have patience. All the above, now throw in some vanilla. hence, the "fluff" and white flowers, still nutty but not as much. Much more smooth, slightly bitter still.

This is the kind of frag that you smell and you immediatley recognize. I can not tell you how many times I have smelled this...in the past. Yes, the past. It automatically brought back the memories of me sneaking to my mother's dresser and smelling all her perfumes. It also brought up memories of older aunties that would drown themselves in this stuff.

Bottom line...Organza needs air to breathe, and warm hot air to shine. It is strictly an Occasion fume only. I could definetely wear this to a wedding in Pakistan. Or maybe if I was travelling to Morocco, or a more desert, hot climate, this would work. Try before you buy, but definetely TRY.

This is for the woman who already has kids, a husband, the house, the car, dresses to the nines on a daily basis, and is probably wayyy older then I am; the glamourous housewives of the world. But it could work given the right sort of character (not chemistry, this seems to work pretty similiar on everyones).
For the vivaceous curvy mature women, this would make them even more curvier and voluptuous. And for the graceful thin framed women, get this stuff! You will instantly have a Kim K. body, and become unforgettable. :-) enjoy!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I'm not sure whether it was due to my skin composition or not, but the almond/peachy dry down goes sour on me. It ends up smelling a bit like rotting peaches or arsonic (not that I particularly know what that smells like ;-)). So sadly, I cannot give it the same rave reviews of the majority of posters here.

sjam3295
sjam3295

Mmm, fresh, creamy white and spicy on a green woodsy bed - I love this perfume!

Betweenshades

This is the woman in a crisp suit, perfect hair and sunglasses that's wearing the sexy black lace underneath it all. She's a lady with a bite. She's not what you expect, but everything you want. She's the whip and the blindfold in the hotel room and the whiskey in your cup.

This is a GREAT frag. It feels both young and old, sexy yet prim. Very emotionally packed.

Those white flowers with the vanilla and nutmeg and walnut just give this otherworldly feel. It's like nothing else. You can keep your cheap, fruity frags. I'll be snuggling with the lady in the amazing hat.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

Oh, I love this! I tried a tester...just a dab on my wrist. It started out a bit stronger, but now it's sweet spices, honey, vanilla. Just lovely--sweet and ladylike, sexy and not cloying. I want my own bottle.

ailishlu
ailishlu

I first bought Organza more than 10 years ago, probably when it first came out, and I remember I wore it every day. It was the middle of summer and really hot and you could smell this really sexy smell. I don´t know what it is but this is perhaps my fragrance. I feel so confident when I´m wearing it and I have the impression that it´s a really feminine smell. I reckon summer months do it justice! I`ve owned this perfume 3 times and will always love it. Looking at the notes - and don´t ask me - I notice Gardenia again. Every fragrance I love has got that in it. However, there is definitely something animalistic in it too. I shall always keep buying this and will soon add it to my all time favourites.

vmzaneti

It just comes down to a single fact: although I keep searching for newer fragrances for women I just can't find anything better than Organza. This is plain simple the best feminine scent of all time, and even if I'm wrong, I'm quite sure I'll have the hardest time ever in finding where is it then. Enough said.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

This is a very nice fragrance, warm and sensual,sweet in a good way. Smells classy, expensive, attractive and sexy. I got a mini splash bottle on Ebay just to test it, and fell in love with it immediately. My husband loves it too, so I am getting a big bottle. Yay!! And staying power is great, too!

saguna
saguna

My story with Organza is very funny. I bought it with a mistake, that I'm buying Tresor Lancome for my mum. I bought small bottle. I believe EDP I bought it's from the previous production, because the liquid inside is very dark and thick.
I was a bit dissapointed that I made a mistake. And when I sprayed it on my wrist, I thought : pheeew, it's like an old perfume, spoiled, or something. Completely overwhelming, awful.
I kept the bottle in my bathroom. Today I decided to give it another chance. I sprayed it on my wrist and? warm, feminine, flowery, sexy fragrance has attacked me! How could I think it's old fashioned or for old women?
It's beautiful.

Alyluz222
Alyluz222

I think I was about 13 when this came out. I remember flipping through my mother's magazine and cathching a whiff of something amazing. I thumbed back to the Organza ad with the scented strip and I inhaled and was just so taken by how beautiful this scent was. At that age I knew I was not worthy of wearing Organza just yet. All I had to do was compare my gap t-shirt and jeans to the tall dark model in that ivory dress from the ad, I'd have to wait a while before being able to pull this off. Years and years later I found Organza in my boyfriend's mother's bathroom. Of course I stole a squirt and as soon as I joined my boyfriend and his mom in the living room I confessed ; because what would be the point of trying to hide it? Organza is not a subtle skin scent that might be mistaken for just good hygiene or a recent shower. No, this is for women who enjoy the fuss that can go into playing up their femininity. If I had to compare this fragrance to a female icon, I would say Organza is classy but not delicate or subtle, so Audrey Hepburn she's not. Organza is seductive but not overtly sexual, so no, this is not Marilyn. Organza is undoubtedly feminine, warm, it has a creamy, powdery aroma that leaves a trail, it smells expensive to me, it is pure and timeless and you feel that the occassion and your attire must be special to wear it correctly. Grace Kelly, I'd say. =)

bubblem3
bubblem3

Iuuuuuugh! pense que este perfume seria bueno por las reseñas pero oh sorpresa! el perfume es fuerte y no es nada fresco y mucho menos es para una joven menor de 30 años.. Fue un golpe de suerte que lo haya encontrado en Cotsco antes de comprar a ciegas una botella por internet

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

I tested this beauty for the first time in the`90s when I was a teen and I was completly mesmerized by this pure feminine scent. This kind of perfume will never be outdated, it`s like Grace Kelly`s gorgeous features, they remain in history and we refer to her as a symbol for beauty.
It is a warm and sensual mixture of spices, gardenia ( all fans of big gardenia, here you have the most creamy interpretation) and a generous amount of vanilla. Organza is thick as liquid gold and has a flawless sillage. Keep this perfume as your beauty secret!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Gardenia, tuberose and amber. This is a divinely womanly and elegant scent.
I don't normally even like gardenia, but this is just such a wonderful blend. I do catch the hint of fresh bergamot in the opening, but then the white flowers bloom beautifully, with a hint of spice, grounded in a very lovely amber that softens it and keeps the white flowers from becoming screechy as they can do if done wrong and keeps it warm on the skin.
Glad I finally tried this. This would be lovely for a late summer wedding.

Marianna8
Marianna8

I got a small bottle. I believed it would be a wonderful unique perfume based on the reviews. it doesn't work for me though - I'm afraid even to spray it on my skin because I almost feel I'm getting a headache..
I tested it on myself once, felt like wearing something sticky and wanted to wash it of.. I can't tell what note is so bad for my nose.. I hope I may start liking the perfume some time later cause it's a nice fragrance, just not my scent right now..:(

Kiku
Kiku

What a perfume! Opulent, voluptous, luxurious. This is the one that should be called "Womanity" because it is the essence of woman to the nth power. "Organza" contains some of the headiest notes in one perfume(gardenia, jasmine, tuberose, peony) yet it does not overpower with it's strength, it overwhelms with it's sensuality. Feminity bottled. Not for girls. It is for the full blown woman who strides through life, supremely confident, with a "take no prisoners" attitude.

daniela3
daniela3

To Beatrixel:

Interesting point of view, the reality is that Organza has been modified: once it used to be (the E.d.P. specially) different even the colour: pink-brownish and so dangerously staining!, it was quite 'different' and all the structure was much better. The previous O. was an interesting frag not so much the one which is now available! The same sad destiny which becomes really amplified while talking of old perfumes!

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

I had organza. I almost made it into my signature but it was a bit tricky. this white flowers scent isn`t as easy and accomodating as it may seem. if many find it good for the everyday woman. well, after all, anyone can wear perume. but sometimes it`s not like that. between the wearer and the perfume there needs to exist a certain chemistry. a symbiosys, if you like.
gardenia, jasmine, white peony, orange flower- what do they have in common besides the fact that they`re all white? I tell you, they`re pretty heavy. they are intensely aromatised even though on a small scale- take for example the orange blossoms.
one flower alone can give an unaccustomed person headaches.
organza as a perfume defies the material whose name it evokes. the organza is a fabric that borders on the ethereal and the refined. originally silk based, organza was quite rare and expensive.
on the other hand, organza nowadays is pretty much synthetic based. it`s itchy and not very comfortable.
I shouldn`t know how the real silk organza feels, because, believe me, i don`t own anything made out of organza except for a purple, pearl beaded brooch which I rarely wear.
just like the above mentioned analogy I suspect there can be two types of smells that can be associated with this perfume.
one is refined, mature, lady-like and rich, hypnotic.
the other is synthetic, itchy, difficult, overbearing.
it all depends on the wearer. it`s up to you how you balance the strong white flowers, the nutmeg and the wood notes.good luck, because I can only wear it when sophistication is required. you can`t wear it and not be on high heels, refined and expensive fabrics and perfect skin and hair. otherwise, it`s a sham!

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

I am sure that my fabulously feral aunt wore this in the ninties. It smells terrific, I would definitely invest in some, more than the sample I have, for the nostalgia kick and the fact that men can't seem to keep their eyes off me when I wear this. Yes, MEN. If you want to attract BOYS, try something more common. This is almost a work of art in a scent.

missymary
missymary

Organza isn't at all as the lovely Greek-pillar bottle led me to think. I expected a Mediterranean sun-lotion perfume. Instead I got voluptuous sweet jasmine in honeyed cake spice.

It's not exactly a jasmine bomb but it's good for any white flower junkie like myself. I think that gourmand fans would like it too.

The only drawback (for some) is that it's a bitty rich, Chantilly-creamy and heavy. But that's precisely what I lap up! I am not on a scent diet when I indulge in perfume. Organza is yum yum.

seashellbikini
seashellbikini

When I first tried Organza I thought "This is what Lancome was shooting for with Tresor. And missed." Organza is voluptuous, extremely feminine. The green notes and the walnut keep it from being cloying and the cedar adds a nice dryness to the base that grounds the vanilla and the amber--two notes that I sometimes find overwhelming on their own.

I don't wear this every day. For me it's a fragrance for those special days and evenings when I'm in "girly-girl" mode. It is lush and seductive and enveloping. Not something I would wear to the office.

Nikkiza
Nikkiza

this is a memory of love for me which was the first gift from my husband 10 years ago (we got married two years later).allthough this elegant masterpiece got discontinued but my love is still there.

PLUMPIE

Gorgeous syrupy yet rich and somewhat cloying but in a good way. Spicy nutmeg and floral jasmine which stops it becoming christmas cake like. The older yet somewhat more demure sister of Organza Indecence. Given the choice I would take indence any day but still love this.

Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lin

This is the smell of the building hall where my granpa lives when i visit my him.(it was back in hong kong,and its a expensive place).I like the smell on paper,cuz i love flower.but yea,it would be TOO much if put on my skin.and hubbay hates it when i ask his opinion..
and he also agrees with me it reminds him of air refresher in some private building

nopasho
nopasho

It was in the early days of my blossoming perfume interest. I didn’t know much about perfume. I had smelled ‘L’Eau d’Issey’ and found that a sad affair. ‘Egoiste’ by Chanel was better. My mum wore ‘Chanel 5’ and ‘Dune’, but as a 16 year old you are not interested in your mum’s frags. The girls my age reeked of lily-of-the-valley and cheap artificial vanilla and equally artificial and sweet fruits. Meh! Then an older female friend let me smell a tester vial of 'Organza'. It was a classical BAM! moment. I was stunned. By this breathtaking beauty. I didn't know such un-worldly gorgeous fragrances existed! Later I discovered 'Coco' and 'Le Baiser du Dragon'... I had discovered Comme des Garçons as a very ‘interesting’ and ‘intriguing’ fragrance. But ‘Organza’ was on the other side of the perfume spectrum. This was another world. Not of girls, but of Women. This was opulent, rich, intoxicating, truly amazing. I remembered thinking: 'If all women would smell like this, then I would be in heaven' and cruising the streets day and night like a blind Al Pacino in 'Scent of a Woman' for whiffs of 'Organza'. I also wondered why girls of my age insisted of smelled like sugar, milkshakes and flower gardens to seduce boys.
'Organza' stirred something in my soul and body and in my world of yet not developped desires and longings. This kind of perfume is part of the 'feminine mystique', I realized. In the future girls would have to smell something like that, to be interesting to me. No more sugar overload. You have the virgin-girls frags and the women-frags. Since smelling 'Organza' no more 'Fantasies' ‘Lily-of-the-Valley’… for me, but full bodied 'Real Women' fragrances. Maybe I was precocious, but I'm telling you: smelling 'Organza' on a woman, was definitely more intriguing than smelling an aquatic sporty fragrance or freesia-style florals. And so a lifelong love affair with the likes of 'Organza' began. It is one of those rare frags that has the power to unearth and unleash long hidden emotions. That is the sign of e true great frag. I don't think that by smelling Mariah Carey’s 'Lollipop Bling Bling', you'll remember some details and sayings and hugs of your deceased mother or something a long lost lover once sighted to you. 'Organza' has that power. It is awesome. A fragrance and emotions-triggering powerhouse. One of the greats. When I smell it I think of heaven, although I'm not religious, I think of the first days of spring when it is 'skirt day', when the women first drop their winter clothes and get their skirts out of the closet and let the sun kiss their legs. I can feel the 'frissons' and magic of the first stolen French kiss shortly after discovering ‘Organza’, the first sight of a women's bewitching curves, the first ‘effleurage’ of a woman’s bosom, the first whispered sweet nothings by a girl in your ear, the first dreams of trying to penetrate that secret world of feminine mystique... 'Organza' is the feeling of 'Happy Days' and emotional bliss and knowing that some sweet dreams will come true, one day... 'Organza' breathes beauty, elegance, sophistication, emotional intelligence, empathy, grace, sensuality, voluptuousness, excitement, longing, joy, intoxication, desire, lust for life... All that in a perfume bottle. ‘Organza’ is a shameless ode to the sensual power, mystique and delights of women. Hating or loving 'Organza' separates the girls from the women for me. Smelling it, gives you hope for human kind, makes you dream about eternal love. Even if that doesn't exist. It is balsam for the soul, ointment for a broken heart, a delicate female hand applying cooling and healing lotion on an open or healing wound or scar.
Enough with the philosophy. Some facts. 'Organza' was made in 1996 by nose Sophie Labbe, a not so well know 'nose' who made an ‘Escada’ but was still under the radar. Till she created this masterpiece. She went on to become one of the great noses and created a lot of Bvlgaris ('Jasmin Noir'..), Joop!’s, a Guerlain (Eau de Cologne 68), a Kenzo ('10:10 in Sicily', a Calvin Klein ('Beauty'), a Biagiotti ('Emotion')... but she's no arrogant snob-nose. She also made Kylie Minogues 'Sexy Darling'. Still the best and most original of all those Minogue fragrances and way above run of the mill, generic floral fruit vanilla caramel sugary concoctions of other celebs. 'Organza' was Labbe’s calling card and she was launched. 'Organza' was a bona fide hit and is still in production, as far as I know. There is one flanker 'Organza Indecence' who is also great, but totally different from the more floral, opulent , rich, creamy 'Organza'. 'Indecence' is more incense-y, woody, dry, austere. But also high quality.
What does that original magical 'Organza' smells like? Let's look at the pyramid.
Top: Bergamot, African orange flower, gardenia, nutmeg, green notes
Middle: Honeysuckle, tuberose, jasmine, iris, walnut, peony
Base: Vanilla, amber, cedar, guaiac wood, woody notes.
Three immediate aspects emerge. First the base is very strong, classy and a powerhouse. The foundations of a great fragrance. Amber to keep the middle and top on the skin and give a rounded feeling, vanilla to complement the flowers more higher up. And then three woods -cedar, guaiac and woody notes- which makes a formidable woody combo to make love with the vanilla in the base and the equally formidable juicy flower combo in middle and top. ‘Organza’ is about love, desire and the fulfillment of those. And it shows in the pyramid and notes. Secondly the majestic and power of the flowers. In the top: the effervescent slightly exotic African orange flower, great gardenia and in the middle sweet honeysuckle, strong tuberose, peppery jasmine, lovely and delicate iris , aromatic peony. These are some of the most powerful and characteristic flowers. Mostly one or two of them are used in one fragrance. Here all of them are present. And peaceful together in harmony. No infighting amongst the power flowers here. Exceptional craftsmanship by Labbe! And some powerful flowers are even shamelessly in the top like gardenia. Brazenly but the sign of a great nose and the proof a Personality Fragrance, a Frag with a Face. Thirdly: this über flowery combo alone would be too heavy and blow everything other -even the combined forces of the three woods in base- effortlessly away. So Labbe diminishes that awesome flower power with some much needed sparkling freshness: bergamot and green notes in the top. And she builds in contrasts with some spices that also make the flowers less powerful, more refined, deeper and more faceted with nutmeg in the top. And as a secret weapon that works magic at and at the same time lessens the sweetness of the gardenia-tuberose-peony-honeysuckle power-quartet and gives another facet on that flower power, less sweet but a slightly bitterly woody note: walnut! That elevates 'Organza' from great floral to exceptional masterpiece. The walnut with is woody slightly bitter aroma 'unsweetens' the flowers just enough and at the same time creates very interesting inner contrasts in the middle itself, and with the top and base. The walnut for instance works very well with the nutmeg in the top and the woods in the base. The right amount of combined woodiness and combined flower power creates a delicate but great balance. So that the vanilla gets a chance to add a sophisticated presence and add yet another facet that makes 'Organza' gorgeous. But the vanilla is IMHO not as porminent as some say. It's there, but this is no 'vanilla' fragrance. And the smooth amber ties everything up in a seamless perfume-masterpiece. Great job, Sophie Labbe!
That's the difference between a perfume ‘classic’ and a lot for contemporary vanilla fruity florals. A lot of contemporary VFF's (Vanilla Fruity Florals) don't smell bad, but there is no counterpoint to the sweetness to balance things out. So those VFF's stay linear and on the surface. So you get tired of them easily because there is not 'tension' between the different notes and leevels. Because there are no built in contrasts, hooks and little olfactory surprises. They are a ‘one dominant or two dominant trick’ ponies. In 'Organza' for instancce the sweet flower force is kept in check by the nutmeg in the top and the freshness of the bergamot and the green notes and the cedar and the walnut and the guaiac wood And... And... And... 'Organza' is a piece de résistance in balancing out the floral force and the woody force with spices, fresh notes and the secret weapon of the walnut. Of course it is a Givenchy, so technically this fragrance is top class. Great sillage, excellent longvity, perfectly mixed, balanced out masterfully 'to a T'.
The result is intense, feminine, creamy, rounded, the warm gut feeling of L-O-V-E but at the same time seductively sensual and sheer beautiful. 'Organza' is no shy wallflower but a 'feminine femme'. Organza is not sex in a bottle -that is ‘Boudoir’ or ‘Bal à Versailles’- but it is seduction power in a bottle. When ‘Organza’ bewitches you with her upfront sensual and woody flower power, you WILL succumb. And the 'victim' who succumbed to a woman who wore 'Organza', will no doubt experience the full power of female seduction and sensuality. And come back for more... 'Organza'.
You know, if heaven would have a smell, it would be 'Organza'!

Andorra
Andorra

This perfume is absolutely stunning! Fit for a goddess. Reminds me of my aunt, a truly powerful and seductive woman that helped me become who I am today. I love the way the vanilla can be felt here without it being an edible perfume. I think it captures the seductiveness and creaminess of vanilla without it being the key scent. The jasmine really makes it sexy and feminine while adding a hint of exoticism to it and the walnut turn it into a completely different and ground-breaking scent. Gorgeous! I would say this is for a sophisticated woman who knows her own power and is not afraid of her sexuality. A true classic and one I would be very proud to wear regardless of my age.

LOL! I'ma amazed at some passionate reviews! That's just the power of perfume! Even more, the power of the right perfume for you.
I agree that newer version is even better and more wearable than original. A rare case. Amarige was poorly re-formulated to a more rancid mix.
I just noticed one more thing about Organza: taking a look at listed notes, they make sense with the smell itself. You really can smell almost all of them in it.
I have only a little left in my bottle. My bf doesn't like it, but I will re-purchase for my own sake!

passionata20

i simply looove the review by user Vmzaneti!
You know i have written already twice about "organza" but i want to write again if you excuse me... The reasns is that i just madly adore this fragrance. Every winter when the snow comes down i use it a lot and now has been using it for almost the whole week in a row. While wearing this fragrance i imagine myself as a queen surrounded by luxury, even though i am not. I like to dive my face into fur that has been sprayed with "Organza", it instantly lifts my mood. No wonder that i call it "Orgazma", almost the same reaction to me...
I have never experienced something similar with any other fragrance neither have i found anything that smells similar. I see some suggestions here but i even don´t bother to try them, since i bet nothing will beat this amazing mix of spices, strong sharp white flowers and woody notes all blended together and poured into one of the most beautiful bottles of all time. I have been using this for over 10 years now and i can´t agree that this is a mature fragrance. It is just strong one, a statement, a luxury. I am blond, have pale skin and not like a amazingly beautiful Yasmeen Ghauri on the advertising, who i think matches perfectly this fragrance, but still it suits me really well and i am loving it and other love it on me.
I am really sorry but words fail me when i think about this one and i don´t even want to analize the scent, i just want to enjoy it forever. By the way deodorant is lighter, so can be also used during warmer period of the year (i mean not the aerosole, but the one in glass bottle from vintage range). AND the reformulation hasn´t ruined this juice at all. It has become even much better. I own both versions and to be honest i orefer the recent one. I DO hope it won´t be discontinued like the "Hot couture" in favor of newest unremarkable releases from Givenchy, otherwise it would be a real tragedy for me and many others.
IF GOLD WOULD HAVE A SMELL THEN IT WOULD BE "ORGANZA"

vmzaneti

Smelling this one puts me on fire. Turns me on in a way that I just can't explain. I won't even technically analize the scent itself because I don't want to take the risk of not finding words that do justice to describe this marvel. I'll just be emotional.
This can make an unattractive woman look attractive, and an attractive look like a goddess. Such an olfactory magic it is!
This fragrance is a translation of every single good adjective that comprise femininity: delicate, graceful, classy, happy, elegant, sexy, seductive, romantic, and grown up in a good way. And I certainly forgot to mention them all.

I picture it as being the scent of a perfect woman, in both looks and personality.

Oh, dear ladies, don't wear this one near me... I may seriously lose control of myself! Hum, well, thinking about it... do wear!

Organza is sex in a bottle.

Narmis
Narmis

Hmm what can i say about this perfume?! Well, the first couple of words that come to mind are pungent, musty, and overwhelming. I definitely have a love/hate relationship with this one! I received this perfume as a present and don't plan on repurchasing it. Definitely not a scent for younger women.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Very "perfume-y", flowery and sharp.

I don`t get any soft notes like vanilla at all.

This is not a "round" velvety scent, it`s more of a business-woman harsh power scent.

Not my cup of tea.

Raina
Raina

This is the first time I've fallen in love with a scent I cannot wear. This is a vintage Hollywood, elegant, classy, bombshell in a bottle. Just stunning. I didn't think so at first because all I could really make of it on a quick sniff was something very... "perfumy" for lack of a better word. Excuse the expression but it seemed to me this was another "old lady" perfume at the time. Now that I have a bottle I can really appreciate this a lot more.

All the notes here are blended fantastically well, so that essentially what you get at first spray is generally what you'll have throughout the many stages of application, with the dry down being just a bit smoother and softer, the spices calming down and the florals and vanilla really blooming through. Its an equal parts blend of spices, big white florals, and a sweet vanilla deepened by amber.

It's almost too much at first, like staring into the sun. There's just too much, and I think a part of that is applicatiion. This is one of those scents that is meant to be dabbed on, not sprayed. I really don't like the lack of control I have over how much is applied with the automizer.

It's big and bold and very classical, but so very distinctly feminine. She's a very classy lady indeed, but she'd only wear this for very special events with an elegant gown, or when she wants to feel special. Unfortunately, this is not an everyday type of scent and so I cannot ever see myself wearing it. At twentyone years old I still feel she's so much more refined and mature then I am right now, so I'll have to visit her in a few years and see how we fit.

crikat
crikat

I was first introduced to Organza at its launch by the wife of a friend who worked for Givenchy. I didn't like it at the time but I was also pregnant, so my senses were altered by my hormonal state. Fifteen years later, I try again, truly wanting to like it. Orientals work for me, and I like vanilla, so I expected Organza to be a winner, but after the first five minutes of spicy confusion it dries down to straight vanilla on my skin and stays there. Must be my chemistry. Sigh.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

Hace mucho que quería probarmelo, me gusta, lo siento como un mix de jazmines, cigarrillos y algo de whisky. Clásico, femenino, interesante.
I wanted to try this one for so long. Did it today, like it! A mix of jasmins, cigarettes& whisky. Classy, lady like, interesting!

fregrancenerd
fregrancenerd

This is my ideal fregrance. It smells so sexy and naughty yet appropriate for any occasion. It blends into my skin and the drydown is incredibly slow and enjoyable.It starts out as this bold intense mix of floral notes and amber and at the end of the day it flattens to a straight forward vanilla-nutmeg scent.I especially adore the lasting power and the bottle is stunning! I am so addicted to it :P

dinossaurojr
dinossaurojr

organza is pure rotten beer and later walnut comes with vanilla.the second part is nicer but i can not stand with the beer smell and it is similar to amarige but better

adriana.rizzati
adriana.rizzati

I bought it in 2003, because I was looking for a fragrance with very intensive vanilla notes.
The shop assistant recommended Organza, and at the first sniff I liked it, but in the following days I became to dislike it, because I found it too sweet, strong and suitable to a sophisticated, mature vamp... the opposite as I felt.

Now, after 9 years, I've just found it in my cabinet: I spritz it on my wrist and I found that the fragrance has kept all its good scent and its properties... I feel like I fit Organza better than some years ago. It is not so sweetish like I felt some years ago, and it seems to me more intriguing.
It's deep and sensual, sinuous and round, velvety and assertive at the same time. Very womanly, very luxurious, very voluptuous. In a calmly way, however. It invites you to taking your time, to enjoy your life in all its plenty, as Juno would do.
No, I've not became a sophisticated panther lady, but even if it isn't my favorite fragrance, I like Organza after all...

Jellybean
Jellybean

very strong overpowering synthetic and cloying floral. too much of everything. by looking at the notes, i thought i'd definitely like it, good thing I've tried it on before buying. not for me:(

karaaslang
karaaslang

strong and powerfull very very assertive fragrance. it will be too much for summer though, better to use it winter time for the occasions. I like soapy soft romantic balmy fragrances but this one is in a different league, still nice smell but strong, animalistic, sexy and energetic. not suitable for daily wear, mostly suitable for special occasions. 8/10.

krmarich
krmarich

In 1997 the GODDESS returned thanks to Givenchy. This time she visits the earth as an exotic oriental, with some nutty spice accenting her luscious, divine flowers. She was more demure than Amarige and just as elegant as Ysatis. She was lauched 40 years after L'Interdit as a tribute. She carried the torch reverently through the new decade. There was magic within this house.

Then like her brothers and sisters, she suffered changes that are unforgiveable and not worth repurchasing. Alas, Givenchy would falter after this...Indeed, the industry universally began to become estranged.

Now this is weird. I own an almost finished bottle of "new" Organza with plain smooth gold box and I like it quite a lot.
I found a sample of the old formula with the raw gold effect on the box, well kept, in a little spray (so it's not absolutely sealed) and I didn't like it more than the newer one, quite the opposite!
A rare case when re-formulation is not a total disaster!

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

I love this fragrance. Warm and chic at the time.
Projection : 8 / 10.
Originality : 9 / 10.

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

It's my mom's signature scent.

One day I bought a women's magazine that had a sachet sample of this perfume. I opened it carefully, and being the curious nose that I am, I tried to dab some on. It was just before heading home from school, one day when I was just shy of 16 (1997).
It spilled all over my shirt. I came home thinking I totally reeked of perfume.
The minute I came home my mom said: "Wow, what are you wearing? it's really good!"
I told her, and as her birthday soon followed, we bought her a bottle of this perfume. Sweet but not too much, softly floral and softly spicy yet still vibrant somehow. Now, just to clarify, until then her signature scent was Clinique's "Aromatics Elixir" which I despise to this day, for its overwhelming bitterness. Imagine the relief! Hugging mom was much easier from the moment she started wearing "Organza".
She's still using the bottles we got for her from 1999.

I can't wear it myself because it feels like identity theft! :)

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I am a drag artist ( note: not a drag queen ... there is a difference!!!) and this was my signature while living in Los Angeles and employed by a famous drag restaurant. I'm a Jasmine and Tuberose slut ... and while this brings back so many memories ... I sampled it recently and it just doesn't work for me now. It was so fitting back then, but these days I get my tuberose kicks from Carnal Flower and Tubereuse Criminelle ... fragrance has developed!!! Dominique Ropion is a Tuberose magician ;o)

Galya

I had miniature of 2000 and it was real bomb ,and now new formula is a very big delusion ,I spray few times and I can't smell almost nothing :(((( .....

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

Sorry, not for me. A friend of mine liked this perfume when we were adolescents and when I closed my eyes I had the feeling that I had grown old; I mean, it reminded me of old ladies, and for a strange reason i hated her when she wore it. In one word SUFFOCATING!

SheShe
SheShe

No, thank you. I'm sorry but it's so old-fashioned, I felt as if I was 60-year-old woman when I was wearing Organza...

I do believe it's a well-done smell and it can be loved by women. Maybe it's my body chemistry, maybe my personality, but wearing Organza is like being a 50/60-year-old woman in elegant clothes taken from era of her youth, trying to look pretty with make up and so on... I don't intend to offend Organza lovers, I do believe it's a unique fragrance somehow and a classic.

Lasting power is very good and a bottle resembles fragrance a lot.

gazelle
gazelle

I've waited long to purchase Organza and I was not disappointed. The opening was a burst of flowers. About the vanilla base note, I've never tasted/smelled vanilla with such zing. Now to find an occasion for making my entrance wearing my very feminine crochet sweater and silk skirt, and ORGANZA. The bottle is beautiful-poetic tribute to a woman. Thank you Fragrantica members for introducing me to it.

jazmam

I agree with previous poster, while there vanilla is a note it's not prominant in this parfu, for me it really only has enough vanilla to allow for creaminess and balance. Not overtly vanilla at all

jazmam

Irresistably secuctive, spicey, interesting... a grand novel of a perfume! Lasts forever, I have no cocmplainest here at all! kudos

magie
magie

I have been reluctant to give a review of Organza because it is one of my oldest and dearest fragrances. I am also aware that most of the reviews are either love or hate, no in between, but now I am giving a review because so many feel that it is a strong vanilla. I have worn the fragrance on and off since it came out and I must admit I adore it. On my skin it is a rich floral oriental with prominent white flower notes of tuberose and jasmine with a touch of gardenia(not too much), made distinct and elegant with honeysuckle and woodsy notes. I think the nutmeg is a great spice(not too much). What I don't really smell is vanilla. I do agree the dry down is somewhat creamy, probably because of vanilla, but on me it smells more floral woody. Since I live in a very humid climate, I do save it for fall/winter because it can be a bit heavy it the summer. It also lasts a good six hours when worn with lotion. So if someone is looking for a strong oriental vanilla like Hypnotic Poison or Dior Addict you might want to test this one first. Your skin may not pick up the vanilla and the white flowers maybe more refreshing and feminine than you thought. I love it and have for years, but I love strong and unique fragrances.

sistertricked
sistertricked

The small decant I left in the cupboard kept luring me every time I took or put something inside. A certain bitter feeling hovering all over telling me about its presence. "No, I said, it's summer, I can't!" This morning I gave in, put one drop on my wrists and thought that I was right not to try it all this time. For the first half hour I had to accept the heavy flowery blast which is pleasant in cooler weather but which refrained me from sniffing. When it settled I remembered why I love it: I love the smell of vanilla and of roasted peanuts (therefore the bitterness?), amped up by jasmine and gardenia which keep it from getting too woody. I am looking forward to the cooler months to have this on and dare enjoy this comfortable oriental lungs-full.

judeaqua
judeaqua

Smells like amber and only amber to my nose... animalic kinda amber... its a warm and cosy scent... but too serious and mature... i strongly feel this is not for those with a young bubbly personality...

jodee
jodee

I can't wear this. This is so very strong and mature smelling. I don't like gardenia, so that could be a reason why this just didn't do it for me. I don't know. It smelled floral and anise-like to me. Like a mature floral/anise smell. Too powerful for me, it caused a headache.

It was a dark orange color as well that stained the paper I sprayed it on, so this may have to be applied with a little more care.

Definitely a warm oriental that would be best worn in cooler months.

meret
meret

To me it smells like a bouqet of daffodiles - nice from afar away, but come closer and there it is - a weird combination of flowery sweetness and some strong bitterness. Thus annoying. It's absolutely not for me although I used to obsess about this frag when I was in my early twenties, or even earlier. Funny how tastes change. :)

Rachelle Nuku
Rachelle Nuku

My partner brought me this one many moons ago back in our courtship days shower gel body lotion and parfumerie and gave me the most sensual sexy moment a women could feel with this perfume and to have a great man spoil you with candle bath and rose petals a glass of merlot Barry white playing and organza body lotion message and sprayed gentle by the hands of your man this beauty brought back memories of seduction and playfulness attraction and most of all being you.

Elise1214
Elise1214

Organza is another fragrance that one must wait a few minutes to really enjoy what it has to offer. This fragrance is warm, sexy, sophisticated, sultry, and classy.

I have never owned it, but working in the cosmetic and fragrance industry, I have smelled it plenty of times.

alicerombi
alicerombi

Well I have to say I'm officially in love with Organza!I had an almost empty bottle from my aunt, so I tested It just for curiosity and I had a fantastic surprise! It's a very stong and complex perfume, for a woman who has a real personality!To me the most intensive smell It's the vanilla, and the sillage is very very longlasting...I sprayed It yesterday morning and could still smell It in my bed this morning when I woke up!I have a lot of perfumes but Organza has the bes sillage!

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

This year must be a great year for the raw materials used in Organza. I bought a small bottle recently and it was better than ever. This is a warm scent. My husband loves it. I know that many scent companies are secretly reformulating their scents. This years seems slightly gourmand to me, with a richer vanilla.

kcii
kcii

The initial smell from the spray is quite harsh & right away I didn't think this was for me.
Although give it ten minutes and it kind of softens out. Its a very interesting smell. It smells very classic & elegant. Its like floral with a hint of vanilla.. I'm not sure I could pull this one off, but its very nice. I think it would be aimed for a more mature woman.

pippab
pippab

I was given a bottle of this by my sister-in-law who worked in a perfumery. Quite a nice fragrance, but not one I'd go nuts for. Fairly sweet, almost like honey. I didn't find that it had great lasting power, and the scent itself was nothing unusual. The bottle is interesting and stylish though.

Galya

Really well balanced and femminine perfume that I adore.Absollutly nice gardenia and honeysucle,nice wood, a lot of other white flowers. I have a mini but I'm ghinking to by a huge bottle cos I heared that is discontinued or will be very soon:(

orchid_84
orchid_84

This one smells interesting upon first spray, but it dries down to a stale scent somewhat like mothballs. Unfortunately this bitter, stale scent takes away from the pleasant notes. On my skin this also has a cheesy-type scent that I really don't enjoy (specifically, those processed-cheese slices). Very strange on my skin. I much prefer Organza Indecence.

aelias
aelias

Not for everyone, but it is timeless. It's almost the perfect powdery floral. I think if there were slightly more woodsy notes in Organza, it would be among my favorites.

biancaloren
biancaloren

too much vanilla, its a no for me. cant smell anything but vanilla, I dont like it on me or anyone else for that matter I can smell it a mile away. stomach flips over. SO SICK of vanilla already!

mystica
mystica

Organza reflects perfectly the spirit of 90s. I wouldn't call it outdated but it's not a timeless classic to me either.
I tried it many times, and tried to like it... But alas, it's just not for me.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

When I first tried this I thought it was extremely sweet. Several months later I tried it again and it was way better than I had remembered it. I like the gardenia in the top notes. The vanilla in the base it very nice too. The scent is very long lasting. There is something about it though that I don't like. I am not sure what it is, could be the nutmeg as I only get it for the first couple of hours and it dissapears in the dry down. Although this is a nice, solid perfume, somehow it has an old-fashioned feel to it. It lack modern elegance for me.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Organza smells really sophisticated and complex. It´s a strong one, lasts all day long and has a powerful sillage. Don´t wear it if you don´t want to be noticed.
The driedown is creamy, floral and truly feminine, with a hint of nuts which makes it very special. It is sweet, but not in a gourmand way, although vanilla is easily detectable.
No doubt this is a very high quality perfume which evokes the idea of beautiful long dresses and ellegant parties. It´s beautiful in that way. Very classy.

I had it and used to like it very much. I even finished the bottle :) It's a real classic - flowery , elegant, sophisticated. I know quite some people who are really fond of this. Strangely when I recently thought about buying it after years again and re-testet it, I thought it's more for "older women". So obviously my taste has changed. I used to be very flowery at some time. This seems to have gone for now.

Louw
Louw

I love to smell this on other people - it's warm and floral and a little bit spicy - but on me it just turns sweet and powdery.

KhandyS
KhandyS

This fragrance smells beautiful. It only takes a drop a little goes a long way and you will turn heads even women come up to me and ask me what am I wearing. Love it ,,

xanman
xanman

Sultry, a walk in a hot summer garden at dusk, is what I get from this perfume. I don't see this as a just a fall/wintertime fragrance, would wear this any season. But can't wait to try it on a humid summer's night for some reason.

candymarie
candymarie

Echoing what others have said, this is a deliciously complex and elegant masterpiece. I must respectfully disagree with sisternancy and others using the "old"-whatever terms (perfume is so subjective, isn't it?) and by way of contrast I'll focus on just the tuberose for a moment and say that for anyone who has sniffed Juicy Couture and thought "there is something here I *would* like if not for the loud, fruity, bubblegum aspects of it," and appreciates tuberose-elegant rather than tuberose-loud and fruity, then Organza is worth a try.

And of course it's so much more than tuberose. So complex and satisfying.

Someone in a post or review once said that it morphs into different things on the skin, and I couldn't agree more. I recently fell asleep wearing it and waking from my nap, I thought, "Mmmmmm . . . where is that incredible, expensive-smelling fragrance coming from? Oh! It's me!"

But do sample before buying a big bottle, or just buy a little bottle. It might be too mature for teens and young women, unless you already lean toward the elegant and refined and wouldn't wear Juicy Couture for anything in the world.

empressevie
empressevie

I am sooo glad I found this site. Testament to this is the ever mounting pile of perfumes I am acquiring!! Maybe my long suffering husband isn't so keen!!!
I tried and bought Organza because of the quality of all your wonderful reviews and clever noses.
And...this perfume is definitely 'D'. 'D' for delicious, 'D' for divine and it makes me feel 'D'. for delectable.
An absolutely warm, rich, enveloping cloud of classy, but seductive honey is what I get when I wear this. Opening, a slightly citrusy sweetness, which I love. I'm amazed at the range of white floral notes here, because they too often turn out sickly sweet on me, but presumably by virtue of balance and combinations, they just present as warm, and body sweet, not like a fake florist's shop.
The drydown cloud lasts and lasts, and I just keep smelling soft, ambery sweet, refined, inviting. Classy, so classy.
Wonderful!

diana_d
diana_d

Well, my mother got this as a gift, she didn't like it(she likes most Tresor,Lancome and Shalimar,Guerlain) and gave it to me. I was surprised, because I have never tried it before while searching for a perfume, for some reason I have always associated it with Amarige(most of my mother's friends were wearing it a few years back, some still do) so I didn't think it would be for me(I am 26 now). Needles to say it was a huge mistake, because it's exquisite! Feminine and romantic while still intense, seductive and glamorous,I have this image of Ava Gardner in my head while wearing it. Love everything about this perfume, it last like forever on my skin, and I always get compliments

Miss_J
Miss_J

This is one of my favourite fragrance from Givenchy, the other one would be Amarige. I don't think this smells like an old lady perfume! This is a grown woman scent. Very sensual and sophisticated. I feel like a woman when I'm wearing this perfume. Pair it with little black dress and you're good to go. The sillage is also good and the longevity is marvelous.

passionata20

This is my second review for one of my all time favorites, my ultimate lovestory with the fragrance: Organza/Orgazma!
I just wanted to write here that this is not in ANY WAY an old ladies fragrance, this is unique fragrance to be worn by anyone who likes it. I started to wear it when i was 22 i think and now 10 years later i still can´t get enough of it, but first when it did came out i couldn´t fully appreciate it as i was more for scents like "Chloe Innocence" and "Aqua do Gio". I am enourmously glad i do now!
It is an ultimate fragrance experience and very unique scent that cannot be misteken for any other. I am blond and pale and young and it is perfect fragrance for me that i hope will never be discontinued. It is not an old lady scent, but very oriental and over the top fragrance and i am soooo surprised it was released in 90´s because it is more like a 80´s scent. I do find a resemblance to Ysatis in drydown but with much more florals and spices. And i repeat that this one works the best on frosty winter days with furs especially!!!

And ladies, i have now both the original formula in 100ml bottle of Organza in a stamped box and of course the today´s versions in an even box (those who know will understand what i am talking about). To me they smell completly the same at the beginning but then after 10 minutes the original one is becoming so soft and faded while the new version is still strong and powerful! To me the new version is even better!!!! You won´t need to reapply it, but only spray once. But the scent itself is completly the same for me. So if the new version is too strong for you, then you might try the older version since it is softer indeed and still available on ebay, but i don´t need to spend time and extra money for old stuff now and buy it in tax free shops as usual instead.
Hope this information was useful for all you ladies!!!
If i am mistaken then please reply back.

tenderhearted

La Louve,you are so sweet and kind of heart. I feel the same way as you. I don't think the mean words should be used to describe perfumes. Everyone is beautiful and special,and has something to offer this world,no matter what age they are.

Peace,and Love,and Hugs to you La Louve.

Oh and Organza is Gorgeous!

la louve
la louve

Why are there always some "girls" who have to write these nasty words: "grandma-ish" , "old-lady-like" ... and so on? How "young" are they? And what means "old"? I think this is a no-go in such a "forum of the nice senses".
I smelled this eau de parfum today the first time, I wanted to try it because there is walnut in, that´s very interesting for me. I like heavy and light smells.. there should not be such a "Youth mania arrogance", if you understand, what I mean. LOVE from LOUVE :-)

putri
putri

as much as i like oriental, i just don't like this perfume. too harsh, grandma-ish smell. oh well.. another journey to get my hands on oriental i like.

tenderhearted

Oh my, what a lovely beauty this is!

This is the smell of smokey wood,and creamy vanilla,heady flowers,the tuberose haunting sweet,the honeysuckle thick growing, and swaying,swirling around my happy nose! The powder of amber,oh that sweet spice powdery amber I love so much!

I am so lucky this scent has come into my life! I feel like I have a taste of Heaven!

This is a scent replica which I own, by the way. A most lovely perfume oil.

sisternancy
sisternancy

In spite of the lovely art nouveau bottle this perfume is NOT modern as others have said. In fact it is slam dunk in old-fashioned lady. It reminds me more of L'Aimant than anything modern. And maybe Ysatis.

If that's your thing, you will love it. It opens with great big white flowers and it settles into sweet talcum powder that lasts all day. It's SO ladylike. Perfect for after-bath, or for sipping Darjeeling in a little cake shop.

But for modern woman, look elsewhere.

What a decidedly nutty fragrance -- it's superb! Who would ever think that nutmeg, walnuts, and gardenia could make such beautiful, passionate music together? "Christmas perfume" is right. Talk about getting toasty and roasting chestnuts on an open fire.

I love fresh white flowers, but I don't like them on my skin and generally stick with orientals. Organza's nuttiness is JUST the twist I need to make white florals wearable for me. Organza is simply breathtaking. PHENOMENAL!

I can't believe it's taken me this long to try another Givenchy fragrance after buying and falling madly in love with Fleur D'Interdit 15 years ago. This was a blind buy, and it's another HIT for Givenchy.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

LOVE. Very concentrated, just a tiny dab on my wrist is plenty. Any more than that & I'm drowning in scent. With this less is more & it certainly smells creamy, heady, rich, warm, enveloping. A favorite for winter days & summer nights.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Wear Organza and you won’t go unnoticed..
I get so many compliments on it from both men and women.

When I smell this I imagine: Vanilla dessert, Delicious heavy floral, Ambery, Spicy, Woody, Soft powdery-ness.

This is a very strong scent, with great staying power. It requires to go very light and on clean skin only. Don't overapply for any reason!

I prefere stronger, warm, wooddy-oriental, musky fragrances, which I can feel all day long and in which others can enjoy. Organza provides me all that. Very sexy and elegant.

Helsinki
Helsinki

WOW. Organza is intoxicating.
It has a special effect: after experiencing it, young women like me are not taking things too seriously. I usually put effort on writing proper reviews but after experiencing The Organza Ecstacy, I executed a BALLOON SPREE and made 22 three-balloons reviews into five-star ratings (you can see a LOT of balloon bunches on this page!).

The conclusion: Organza is a dangerously stunning perfume.
B e w a r e.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I love Organza, very floral and pretty. Not too soft, I think it is delicious! I have three or more bottles of it. It is gorgeous! I love Organza Indecense too, but this one is nothing like Indecense, which is spicy. Organza was designed to compliment Givenchy's signature white organza dresses, flowing, pure, white, etheral. I think the fragrance captures that. It is a classic. Can be worn for day or evening, but mostly for day. Can be worn in the winter, but it more of a summer or spring scent. It is beautiful, soft but has enough warmth in it, probably the vanilla. For some reason, it doesnt register to me as a oriental, but I know it is, same with Amirage. And like I say, pretty much can not go wrong with any fragrance created by the house of Givenchy.

LaPetite
LaPetite

An oriental can get cliché so easily . This is not the case with Organza ! Very feminine , warm , generous and mysterious at the same time , a single spraying makes you into a Godess , makes you feel confident and womanly.
Preferably wear it on special occasions , not to go to supermarket or to pick up the kids at school ...

passionata20

I call it "ORGASMA" not "Organza". :)
For me it is true, this scent can make me happy when i smell it. I use it only during autumn-winter time and really like to spray it on my furs, especially onto the collars. Then i like to put up the collar time after time and smell this gorgeous fragrance! And i am instantly happy!
When it was introduced i was 15 and really liked the bottle, but didn´t like the scent. Then 5-6 yeras later my aunt had a deodorant natural spray (not aerosole) of "organza" and it was too heavy for her so she deciced to sell it and agve it to me so i could show it to my girlfriends. Of course i sprayed it onto myself and remeber that first impression stiil wasn´t good, but then, after some hours i couldn´t stop enjoying the scent. I fell in love and since then always have a bottle of Organza/Orgasma in my perfume collection. My grandma is also a huge fan of this fragrance and it really suits older women also very well. But i totally agree with some of user KASTEHELMI who wrote: "I feel proud smelling this sexy.If I seem like I am 10-20 years older wearing it, go ahead and call me Madame." This is a true aristocratic scent that will make a statement and will make you feel sexy!
This fragrance will also last for very long, but be careful stocking it up, it might change colour and smell different if it was opened for a long time and was affected by light. Maybe you have noticed that some testers of Organza in the shops are darker than it has to be and smell different? i think it beacuse of the light and heat of halogen lamps that they stand under on the shelves.
My most favorite fragrance by Givenchy by far! I really hope it won´t be discontinued soon.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Smiling, I was at my 20s when i first felt in love with organza. Now found it again and all that feel was still there. Organza is still as good as it was back then. Smooth , soft, alluring, very feminine and makes people to ask "what are you wearing Dear"

Sissi
Sissi

Organza is a Multi-faceted Hodge podge of a scent
it changes like a Chameleon like when you first spray
it on your skin it's zesty opening of Bergamot Orange flower and green notes starts off freshly then in a few
seconds turns cloying with Gardenia with Nutmeg which
makes me a bit Nauseous Middle note is Uber sweet with
Honeysuckle which is my least favorite flower dries buttery with Tuberose There's a lot 0f Nutty nuances
in this scent like dry Walnut Jasmine blends nicely
in a not so nicely scent and peony with sweet and tangy
smell. the drydown is of course with amber but it's a bit diluted due to the Gardenia and Tuberose Effect
i don't detect any woods and it dries with a powdery
Vanilla Finish,

Organza is a woman who changes in a different costume
for scene in a movie or in a Carnival that goes with a different theme but why i keep from loving this because of the excessive amounts of white florals
and nuts like Nutmeg and Walnut which i'm not a Fan

srimati
srimati

I was pleasantly surprised testing this one and ended up buying it. It is soft, floral with a vanilla-honey-spice base but it's even more complicated than that. And I'm a sucker for a lovely bottle! This fragance lasts as well. A keeper for sure.

xdaria
xdaria

Did anyone notice that the bottle of organza has changed? I find the bottles in the stores with the front glass more clear and I find this in all stores. The one I have has an opaque glass in the font.
Does anyone know why this difference?

alexanna7
alexanna7

organza is one of my favorite oriental floral! At the begining i've got a gardenia,nutmeg smell; then, in the middle, i've got a tuberose,nut,vanilla,cedar wood smell! So sultry,so sexy,so marvellous! Perfect for winter! Perfect for x mas! For winter,for spécial occasion! For a woman who wants to feel feminine! Love it!

geur
geur

Definitely one of my all-time favourites. So luxuriously sexy and feminine. Givenchy has many I love. Organza is one the first

adele l
adele l

Luxurious, rich and womanly and very strong (don't use too much!)- I smell a similarity with Amarige though Organza is less loud. Very nicely composed, the tuberose and jasmine don't override the base which is a warm vanillaamber. The orange is present, but it's subdued and not screechy. It is a classic and a well-deserving one.

Elfies
Elfies

Funny enough I dont pick up any jasmine notes with this perfume. This is definately warm, creamy very luxury scent. Classical masterpiece which is not being overwhelming. As a person who owns atelier - yes, :) it is truly an ORGANZA...

miriel
miriel

I'm not sure about this fragrance..I mean some days I just love it but some days I find the jasmine overwhelming. It's definately a winter fragrance and you have to LOVE jasmine!

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Organza wears really well on me. It's a warm inviting Oriental floral. It's has strength and power as you would expect with Givenchy. I enjoy the smell of it on special occasions and in moderation. A little spray is enough with Organza. It lasts all night through a romantic encounter. I don't think it's for daytime or wearing to work. If this doesn't smell good on you then I feel sorry for you, cause it's great on me.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

If not for the dry down there would be no hope for this perfume! Initial spray is suffocating with jasmine, thank god that all goes away! The dry down gets boozy and liquor smelling. Something has to save this awful stuff from killing you at first spray.

nyoka
nyoka

I dont smell any green notes.All i get is A sweet,warm creamy masterpiece.THere r just enough white flowers to make it opulant with the gardenia outstanding in the brew.THe jasmine is like the pewrfect seasoning on a great cut of meat.It magnifies all the glorious flowers and the vanilla is the creme' de la cr'eme throughout.THe whole fume swrils and dances like moonlight reflected off a beautiful lake with nightbirds chirping in the distance.iTs sexy for sure but in a subdued com hither scent.Great sillage and only takes a dab. Its truly an experience!

nefema
nefema

I really tried to like organza ...but it is too heavy for me ! the fragrance is special but something shouts on my skin that I really dont like , maybe the green notes , I dont know , it is not for me ..
:s72

Passionflower
Passionflower

I really like Organza! I was going to buy another big bottle of Escape by CK, but I'm starting to want a big bottle of Organza! It's very feminine and sexy, happily floral but quite noticeable because of the oriental side to it.And not too overwhelming. I'll sample it some more and see how it behaves on my skin. But so far, I'm pleasantly surprised.

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

I would describe this scent with many adjectives: feminine,sweet,strong,vanilla,amber,floral,sophisticated,powerful,and mature.I would not wear this on a hot day--it is too strong and it would knock you over with it's power.It lingers without any effort.This is not one of my favorite scents,but I am happy to have it in my collection...I still like it very much.This is perfect for an event such as church or a wedding.

theoneilove
theoneilove

Organza was my first expensive perfume and I think it was a good start for me. It is elegant, feminine and very long lasting fragrance. The magical bottle symbolizes the eternal feminine beauty.
I don't have it now, but still remain in my soul.

I first cams across this perfume when i was 19, now am 27 and still love it as much as i did when i first smelled it. It's beautifully scented and your sure to get a compliment where ever you go wearing it.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

such a beautiful, warm and inviting fragrance, I think it sums up what's best about us girls. I want it!!
Tried this beauty on again the other day and the scent of Tunisian jasmine followed me all through town! Luca Turin classifies this as an orange vanilla but it's all about Jasmine for me. Fantastic.

narcotic
narcotic

Isn't it amazing how your perception of a certain smell can change drastically over time, or as your taste in scent develops?

I first received Organza as a mini-edp in a "traveller's pack" with four other Givenchy scents that my oma purchased for me in holland. My seventeen-year-old self immediately gravitated to the sweetness of Amarige and dismissed Organza as an old-lady oriental, insufferably spicy and cloyingly warm. I would actually start to sweat when I'd put this on...

Six years later, however, I dusted the tiny bottle off, rediscovered this beautiful scent and realized that I simply misunderstood its effervesence. Organza's notes come in thick waves, alternatively in amber and vanilla, making no apologies for how sexual it can get (especially with the sneaky tuberose!)

Givenchy's mini-bottles, by the way, are really neat; they're exquisite versions of the real bottles, barely 10 centimetres tall, and are perfect for grabbing along for a trip... very highly recommended.

selinum28

Now, more than 24 hours after its appliance, Organza has changed a lot; this morning I got up with a smell that is not clearly or only sweet. It is the smell of nuts and, more precisely, the smell of horchata, a drink very popular in Valencia, done with nuts, water and sugar... I post this update because this smell, in fact, is noticeable from the beginning, but yesterday I was too excited with the spicy notes to pay atention.

selinum28

If I wanted to smell honeysuckle, I would by something by l'Erbolario; but wanting to smell the honeysuckle of my early childhood, the one growing in fences and gardens, Organza is the best. Well, it is a great perfume by itself. White tropical flowers, softer and northern ones and walnut, all of them modified, detailed and brought to perfection by spicy and heavy notes of a diferent nature. I don't notice any sweetness. It makes me think of a dark green garden at dusk.

kraxa
kraxa

My mum used to have a friend who would give her a bottle of perfume each year for birthday. Being at the uni, and on budget, I would always squeak to have them if I liked something. And I did like Organza a lot. Back then, in my early twenties I didn't mind being ostentatious at all, and wore it boldly, but today I see it as a bit on the heavy side if overdosed. Still, it was a very nice enveloping scent, and my sister became an addict to it.

hollycat
hollycat

a slightly spicy and sweet vanilla warmed by amber and woodsy notes. A beauty. I think this would be wonderful for the cold months. It is so warm and cozy.

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

Oh, how I love this perfume. It is so rich, deep, and elegant. The florals in this perfume are done excellently. No single scent overpowers the others. They blend seemlessly through the top, middle, and basenotes. There is enough vanilla, amber and other woodsy notes to make this edge ever so slightly into the oriental realm of things.

I have been using a mini sample size and cannot wait to get the big bottle.

This is the perfume perfume to make you feel feminine, womanly, and sophisticated.

ananda
ananda

Organza's top notes smell a lot like some perfume my grandmother used to wear. Maybe Organza itself(?).

It has a beautiful floral opening that settles into a warm oriental base. Very pleasant and very sophisticated. It's not the type of perfume I usually go for, but I'd like to have a bottle of this someday... To wear with a beautiful white dress and feel elegant in a very natural way.

Nal
Nal

Powerful, long lasting, feminine, warm oriental floral perfume...This one took my breath away.. ;)

Riddhi Shah
Riddhi Shah

Must have.. it lasts like 22 hours.. Amazing bottle, quite powerful, lovely fragrance!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Organza is Maharaja`s oldest daughter laying in hot steam jacuzzi. The bathroom is huge, with glass wall turned to south and floor covered with cedar tree. In front of her is mirror framed in golden-red bronze. Steam covered mirror surface, so she can`t see herself. The room is oval shaped with massive stone vases leaned beside the wall. Filled with irises. Purple, fresh, large irises.

There are steps moving over floor. Many. Black haired and black eyed girls covered in thin, plain wave fabric are walking towards her. They are Organza`s younger sisters. Spicy smell stirs thick floral air. Girls rub her skin with seeds of cardamom, caraway and walnut dissolved in oil. There is also strong woodsy note which I don`t recognize. As she lies there with her eyes closed she hears wedding ceremony approaching the house.

Organza is best Givency perfume.

dollladie
dollladie

Although this gorgeous fragrance has been around for several years, I only first experienced it two months ago when I received it for Christmas. I thought it was lovely, deep and caressing.
I casually sprayed some on for a first date last month, and he hasn't stopped talking about it yet -- he hasn't stopped calling either ...

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

I agree with the reviewers that say this is an elegant perfume. Perfect for making you feel warm on a cold day. Lasts for ages on me (EDP). I have had a bottle of this in my collection for a few years but I think I will try some others for now. I'm sure I'll come back to it at some point as it's suitable for all ages I think(I'm mid 30s).

Toffee
Toffee

This is a very elegant,classy,rich and feminine perfume,made for special occasions.
Organza is a little bit old fashioned, but in a good sexy way(Dita von Tesse style).
In the beginning is strong and heavy(tuberose and gardenia)but after 10 min it becomes a lovely scent. I love the woody vanilla dry down and the gorgeous bottle, shape like a greek-ionic column.
On me it has a very good lasting power

Givenchy's ORGANZA is a gentle, pretty oriental floral with not-so-good staying power in the edp. This seems to be a part of a grand campaign/conspiracy in the mass industry: do not make strong perfumes, else you won't sell many bottles!

Well, that was a bit cynical, but there is a huge difference between the staying power of a bona fide edp in the classical sense and edps ostensibly made for the so-called modern woman.

Anyway, ORGANZA is a slightly spicy, mildly sweet bouquet with lots of woodiness in the drydown. This is a likeable fragrance--very wearable, but perhaps not terribly memorable...

I truly dislike the bottle, which is rare for me. This seems like a case of trying way too hard, and all of the ornate weirdness--the woman's hourglass figure and flowing dress, the Grecian pillar effect, the curled-up edges of the cap/head--ends by leaving me with no real impression at all except that maybe the bottle is trying to compensate for its contents. Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that package was prioritized to product...

But ORGANZA is nice, don't get me wrong!

Malegria
Malegria

A beautiful, gorgeous white floral,and I am still trying to understand where the term :oriental: can be attached to it.

I love the combination of freshness and sweetness in it, and the walnut in it`s heart is something that makes it stand out in the army of fine white florals.

I think that it would suit almost every lady (that knows how to wear heels, of course) - it is like chocolate - everyone loves it!!!! And Organza possesses an amazing lasting power, too (in EDP)

guest_angel
guest_angel

Hmm, first impressions - I'm a little surprised by how tame it is, just a pretty floral with a rather delicate sweetness. I was expecting something more charismatic, I guess.

One thing though, can anyone tell me what this strange, almost cigar-like note is that develops about 15-30 minutes after you put it on, and stays for quite a while? It really threw me. It's not unpleasant (I like cigars!), in fact I've started to look forward to it. I'd just love to know what it is - maybe the walnut or the cedarwood?

I'm going to keep wearing this and hopefully will come back with a better review once I've gotten to know it well. ;-)

I liked Organza at first. Initially it was quite sweet yet spicy at the same time. The combination was something that I really enjoyed.

The opening was a delicate mix of sugary white florals, spicy nutmeg and zesty bergamot. I loved the richness of Organza, it was elegant and sophisticated.

I enjoyed the scent even into the heart which was mostly soft, pretty florals; honeysuckle, tuberose, jasmine, peony and iris. However, the drydown became nauseating to me.

Perhaps it was the vanilla note which was too syrupy and sweet for my liking. Although Organza is sweet in the beginning, the sweetness became strong and unbearable in the base notes. The woodsy notes just weren't bold enough to balance out the sweetness, so I was left with a sticky concoction on my wrist. I was not pleased at all.

It was such a pity, seeming that I had loved Organza right up until that point. However, looking at some of the reviews here, most people enjoyed this fragrance, so I'll conclude that it is just my own personal taste which turns me against this scent.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I can't believe I've never worn this one before! It's a very pretty floriental, typical of 80's and 90's. I don't find it overly sweet (like Eternity) or strong (like Obsession) but not very unique either. Maybe a little like Mackie but without the odd wintergreen lifesaver drydown.
Overall, it's classic and ladylike, suitable for the office or a nice dinner.
Update: Sadly, it doesn't last more than a few hours on me. It's a pity as it could have been a keeper.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Love, LOVE, lOVE... Organza was my seccond expensive perfume , after Champs Elysees....;)

I used to love and wear this fragrance back in 2000...
It is sweet, creamy , feminine and sexy !!!
Strong and lonh lasting, so it should be used with a light hand !

I'll come back to it for sure !

krishka
krishka

One of the best orientals, absolute classic! Well balanced, and beautifully developing through time. For sexy, mysterious,elegant ladies!

nasus s
nasus s

This is a surprisingly beautiful scent to me. I have walked right by this perfume on counters and displays for years...what a mistake. I always assumed it was dull and suited for old bags by the packaging- I should know better. After trying it on my wrist once I had to buy a bottle. I could figuratively eat my wrist with this on it. It's sweet and dare I even say a bit sexy. The dry down is amazing, and none of my other fragrances finish like this. I'm writing this about 6 hours after one spray to the wrist. This is a very harmonious fragrance. I'm getting more of a nutty amber & vanilla vibe at the moment & it's fantastic.

ozjellybean
ozjellybean

Organza really is a party in a bottle (albeit an elegant candle lit one). It has a classy strong femininity that I associate with the women who worked in aircraft factories during WW2 then came home and changed into femme fatales for cocktail evenings after work.
Organza has grown on me, I very much liked it when I bought it, but wearing it has made me aware of its many lovely subtleties that are not at first apparent. True love has blossomed! Except that reading these reviews I am tempted to commit a small infidelity on the side with Organza Indecence...

amelie
amelie

Beautiful classic, Organza is strong and warm fragrance with the personality. Woody notes are very soft on my skin, I agree with the description - it's an excellent mix! Beautiful bottle that is a masterpiece, I wore it for years, although never alone:), somehow was always perfume for special occasions.There is something retro in it what attracts me most.
Organza is a type of perfume that you can't give to anyone, sometimes smells even strange, but if you like this fragrance then is simply irresistible. Feminine and a very strong fragrance which is felt for hours, the scent of a woman. In fact perfume, not just the fragrance.
Samsara by Guerlain alongside Organza by Givenchy, two true ladies.

*sophi*
*sophi*

I had a sample of it for almost a decade before ibought a whole bottle.Dreaming ,elegant and classical scent.A mythus.Nice gardenia,jasmine white petals on a velvet woody-vanilla base.Special occations wearable perfume that magnetizes with its style.Like the fabric:smooth, valueable and finest.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is incredible! Nutmeg-vanilla-honeysuckle and bedroom tuberose. Effortless sillage. I can't smell the jasmine distinctly, though it is richly present. This smells like what I was hoping for when I tried "Serpentine" by Cavalli. I wish I had discovered this before now....

This reminds me of Rome for some reason. Very sexy-I will use this sample for "special" occasions, if I can be that patient. I want it! For those who make the comparison to Dolce Vita, I don't see it. Dolce Vita is much more upbeat, and much less spicy. I will trade my bottle of Dolce Vita for Organza, I feel proud smelling this sexy.If I seem like I am 10-20 years older wearing it, go ahead and call me Madame.

mandi
mandi

this was once my favoutire perfume. it's such a rich and sensuos fragrance. i wore it everytime i wanted to smell special.

My former BF loved it and also told me how great it smelt. that why i can no longer wear this fragrance; it holds too many memories and i tend to associate it with our time together.

deeannek
deeannek

I remember walking through Macy's after purchasing a dress for a semi formal Christmas dance and I was intrigued by the shape of a perfume bottle. That bottle was Organza. I had to try it. I sprayed a tiny bit on and it was love at first whiff. I had to have it even though I really couldn't afford it but I could not imagine not having it for that dance-Organza was the perfect accessory for my little black dress. That was over 10 years ago and I still love it!

ktv0926
ktv0926

Gorgeous beautiful fragrance, unfortunately a little old fashioned for my taste. Even though it was introduced in 1996 (which can be considered as recently in the fragrance world), for me it is the scent from far far away, when women were ladies in gowns. Resembles Scarlett O'hara's times.

MoietToi
MoietToi

This perfume is very sweet on my skin. But still extremely decadent,elegant and sensual. I really want it but I would probabilly only wear it on special occasions. It reminds me abit of Chanel no 5. Hence why I find this scent so gorgeous and pretty. When the first spritz landed on my skin I visualized a gorgeous woman dressed in a long dark red gown with opera gloves and a diamond necklace around her neck. This scent is definatley fit for a queen.

sevanya
sevanya

I bought it without test just after reading comments. I don't regret - Organza is an awesome smell, absolutely fabulous. I can't wear it before 6 pm and I guess I will wear it only on special events.

Organza is a gorgeous feminine scent from the '90s that could have been released in the '80s! It's a big big somptuous white floral with great vanilla creamy base, not gourmand.
Quite daring like most of Givenchy's scents. I always thought that monsieur Givenchy had to be a true lover of femininity and female power of attraction put in an elegant way. It's always on a blade edge between elegance and a sense of vulgarity. Most of the time it works.

The name Organza gives me a feeling of lightness, but the scent is not light at all! It may be perceived as sunny, much in the line of 24 Faubourg, a golden smell, made of thick white flowers and a woody/creamy base.
Ok, this is a scent that is even too easy to imagine on a rich mature overdone over-jeweled lady dressed in expensive silks with no taste and no sense of her shape, who buys just any strong perfume as far as it is expensive and has a famous name that can be shown in conversations. Meh. This is the destiny of a scent until it becomes so outdated that it can be enjoyed for what it is.
Think big sunny Organza on a pale skin on a young lively extrovert classy lady with a simple modern style in her '30s or even '20s!
The luminous white creaminess of Organza is wonderful. At a point I can smell a vegetable bitterness that's not totally out of place. It keeps the scent from being too cloyingly sweet. It's like an alternate rythm.
Wear Organza and have a walk close to the sea. Smile at your love and be happy.
The bottle is half way between dreamy femininity and tackyness. It perfectly suits the juice.

What i don't like too much is that I perceive a lower level of quality in raw material. They changed something in the formulas of most Givenchys.

rosaria
rosaria

Organza and its sister Organza Indecence are to me two masterpieces created by the house of Givenchy.

The bottle is a work of art and the magic potion there is inside is a wonderful oriental-floral composed by a mixture of white flowers and vanilla.

Launched in 1996, it's not an "old lady fragance". This classic can be worn by modern and elegant woman.It has a fantastic lasting power...

KasiaS
KasiaS

The cap and the box still make me think sometimes of the type of a woman that used to wear this a couple of years ago in my country: a smaller businessman's wife, 40+, dyed hair, loooads od gold jewerly... Luckily, as we have had some new bestsellers in the meanwhile, finally I can focus on the scent itself. And I must say I really love the dry-down, it's extremely warm, I would say golden, like sunlight on a lazy late summer afternoon. The beginning susprised me: it's quite vintage-retro type, has something aldehydic, like the perfumes from the 50s, I must say a bit harsh and strong for me (but it's just me, probably, I always have to wait for at least first 15 minutes before smelling when wearing any aldehyde scent). But afterwards it's only getting better. I smell a very nice and not overwhelming tuberose, lots of flowers, the nutmeg...there is something nicely gourmand, a bit of a kitchen scent that makes you feel comfortable, maybe it's because of the sipces, which are wonderful here. I love wearing this especially on hot summer days, because it developes beautifully in the sun, despite of many people thinking it's more suited for cold weather. It lasts long and has a good deal of sillage.

I'm so sure floral lovers admire this perfume.for me,this is not my cup of tea,but I can't deny the fact that it's one of the bests in its category.
the first notes are like an exploration of flowers mixed with fresh grass,like a romantic garden after irrigating.
the middle notes are more powdery,as it becomes a bit bitter because of too floral combination,I think it's the mixture of peony and iris that makes it smell this way.but also I can smell the sweetness of honeysuckle and it's nice.
I think organza has something in common with dolce vita,because both are floral and incredibly sweet.though organza is lighter.
I don't go crazy for this scent,but I think it's a perfect gift for mothers and who can ignore the fact that it's so elegant both in bottle and the scent?!
definitely it's suitable for a +40 years woman who loves classic.

Elumina
Elumina

Organza is a classic perfume for mature women in the age of +30 who are very self-confident and feminine. First i noticed a very heavy flower smell in combination with something sweet and woody. A good perfume for special occasions or nightlife, preferably in colder time of the year, it lasts very long. The bottle of Organza is quite elegant and sophisticated, represents the femininity, like a treasure in gold. For me its just to heavy but i guess that many women adore this perfume.

Anna_C
Anna_C

Sweet and classy in a very mature way. Its ok just Not for me though, it seems more for someone more demure and ....welll...mature. It literally screams maturity! Doesn't quite make it to my top 40.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Organza.. brings back memories of a customer asking loudly where she could find the Orgasma? "Where can I find Orgasma in here??" The only time I blushed when pointing someone to the Givenchy counter :) But seriously she was pretty close! Organza is not typical of Givenchy to me. Creamy and warm base notes vanilla with nutmeg making an apperance from beginning to end. The Gardenia and Bergamot add a sparkle but are very gentle. Kinda sexy and one of the first almost gourmand scents!! Worth every penny.

gyftedgrammy
gyftedgrammy

The name describes this scent well. Like the fabric, it has body, but at the same time it's sheer. This fragrance manages to be complex, yet there is not a dramatic change from top to base. The vanilla is there, but not overpowering. Sweetness is definitely there too, but sexy, not sickening. Hands-down special occasion choice.

katyas
katyas

I had Organza Indecence first, and just loved that. Eventually I decided to try Organza and I love it! It has a sweet, spicy smell and my husband loves it, too (which is rare; generally the perfumes I like he either goes "uck" or "that smells like grandma perfume"). I can really smell the tuberose when I first put it on - I love that sweet/spicy scent.

dina
dina

Very oriental, woody fragrance. On me it smells a lot like cinnamon, though the cinnamon is stronger in Organza indecence.
And yes as Noor said, the bottle is a real piece of art.

azuriiita
azuriiita

Feminine, strong, voluptuous, distinctive... could be almost ostentatious... to persistent, and strong character women... very long lasting
One of the best of givenchy

Moszatka
Moszatka

Sweet, elegant oriental fragrance.White flowers and nutmeg gives a very special feeling, long lasting perfume.

SheVampire
SheVampire

Perfect connection between design of the bottle and the fragrance. Strong, elegant, perfume for your special evenings and nights.:)

Nuppu
Nuppu

Creamy white flowers, smooth, ultra feminine and powerfull. Almost like wearing white soft, fluffy thing on, this one have it's presence for sure.

Natalia
Natalia

This is just beautiful, and boy can it last! Waking up after a long night out you can still smell it the next morning.
Very strong and sexy

Tonya
Tonya

Organza is my very favorite. Just a spritz, and my home smells of it (sweet and wonderful), but a word of caution, a little goes a long way.

Halvah
Halvah

Little Monster, for years i haven't been able to change it to anything else, either. The first time i smelled it i fell in love with it, and i wore it whole year, even in summertime. Altough it's strong and rather warm, i never felt it to be too much - of course i wore only one drop of it.
A few years later i wanted to change, first i tried L'Interdit, and then came all the others. But i always have a bottle of Organza at home. It has an extremely beautiful bottle!

Abbas
Abbas

Girly smell that provoke sexy feeling about the person who wear it

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

The true is, that this is an elegant, sexy, strong, and long lasting perfume, I have a box (empty of course. But 5 years ago the box keep safe a sample of this perfume and guess what? THE BOX STILL SMELL LIKE ORGANZA, IT'S A FRAGANCE FOR A SEXY STRONG WOMEN. And organza indecence too.

2007
noor_jehan
noor_jehan

organza is one of my favourite fragrances. it is so distinctly feminine, but also very classical, strong and long lasting. just a few drops is enough. i put it only in special occasions. the bottle is gorgeous.

2007

ORGANZA for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ORGANZA for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Organza Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Organza Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ORGANZA for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ FREE EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .5 OZ TRAVEL OFFER
Gift Set
Organza Perfume by Givenchy, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ORGANZA for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
ORGANZA for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Organza Gift Set by Givenchy Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 2.5 oz Body Veil 2.5 oz Shower Gel
Givenchy Organza Eau de Parfum for Women, 3.3 fl oz
Givenchy Organza Eau de Parfum for Women, 3.3 fl oz
Givenchy Organza Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Organza Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Organza Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Organza Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Organza fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Organza, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Organza by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Organza by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.