Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Organza Indecence Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 748 I had it: 357 I want it: 554 My signature: 38

cinnamon
Organza Indecence Givenchy for women Pictures Organza Indecence Givenchy for women Pictures

The 'indecence' in the name of this Organza exactly describes the character of the 'black' Organza. The bouquet is composed of woodsy and spicy notes – cinnamon, patchouli, musk and amber. The fragrance is intensive, sharp even in the beginning, and yet softly sensual and erotic. It was created in 1999.

Organza Indecence was created by Norbert Bijaoui and Jean-Claude Delville.

Patchouli Brazilian Rosewood

eo01

Organza Indecence Fragrance Reviews

luz
luz

Just received the original today. Got it from ebay and it was a blind buy. I knew what to expected and I was not surprised. It is indeed a master piece. I have not much more to add to the previous reviews. I also knew the re formulated version, which is indeed less interesting, although it does resemble the original in a kind of a cheaper, less intriguing and plain way, but I still can recognize the DNA. However, to my nose, there is a fragrance that is really similar to the original. It is Mehares, from L'erbolario, which is also amazing. I hope this information will be helpful.

Lilah
Lilah

So much has been said before that Indecence really does not need a review from me, especially as it just doesn't suit me and feel that I would not do it any justice at all. Although I will say that I love the original Organza and therefore had such high hopes for this gem. I am devastated that this blind buy went wrong.

If you love it and it loves you back, then I'm happy for you and a tiny bit jealous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The day after it arrived, just after arranging a swap with an other on here, I literally could not stop thinking about this perfume. I mean could not stop, driving me crazy, wanted to smell it again.

I certainly did not want to wear it again as it wasn't right for my skin type but that did not stop me from being drawn to it. I literally could not stop thinking about it. It certainly does pull you in big time, more than most fragrances do, so I can easily see the attraction that it holds for many on here.

As for the perfume itself, it may well smell of cinnamon rolls but these delicious little morsels have been dipped in creme anglaise first. It's almost edible and absolutely unforgettable and I'm not sure whether or not I should be relieved or devastated that it's gone.

Rielle
Rielle

Heavenly, creamy cinnamon -vanilla. Smells a lot like the older formulation of L de Lolita Lempicka.

antihero
antihero

I adored the original formulation of Organza Indecence.
Since the reformulation, out of desperation, I went ahead bought the "new" one; it is named Organza Indecence, nothing else.
This is more vanilla and less of the cinnamon-spiciness that I loved. I feel as if it needs some BANG to it.
Sorry to be so gloomy but this once amazing scent seems to have been stripped of its essence.
_____________

Update

What I have is the reissue. This version has some cinnamon, but it is not as savory and intense as the original, also the woodiness is weaker, yet there is still some of the lasting beauty. The longevity of the vanilla is still amazing. I am glad I did buy the reissue just to have a little piece of this heaven.

Forgive me for my redundancy.

Edited

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I acquired an original bottle recently and I am now adding Givenchy Organza Indecence to my top 5 favorite perfumes. It’s that good. It’s that memorable. It’s absolutely delicious.

The odor of burnt marshmallows, the scent of match tip’s sulphur when you blow it out, the remnants of moonlit campfires smoking embers. Cinnamon and vanilla in a perfect creamy blend, amber tempered, layered with a mildly fruity plum, Indecence envelopes you with an earthy presence immediately that stays throughout the duration of the perfume. A sense of warm patchouli surrounds the notes to complete this very spicy fragrance.

Organza is a season-less scent, full of smoky images. It’s thick and only gets thicker as the hours go by. Dab in your application or you will be overwhelmed. It’s an intense perfume.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

This used to be one of my favorites. It smells like the perfect blend of vanilla and cinnamon, with a little bit of musk thrown in. The lasting power is good and the sillage is perfect, less than arm's length but it still projects. The bottle is gorgeous, although it falls over very easily. My fiance at the time told me that it smelled like me; it was all set to be my signature frag.

Then there was a comment made about how this perfume smells like 'dirty panties'. It was said in a way that was supposed to make it sound good and sexy, but it absolutely ruined this perfume for me. I sold my bottle and thought I would never wear it again. Months later, I bought a small amount and have tried to wear it again, but whenever I try, I can completely understand where this comment comes from. I am embarassed to wear this perfume because it smells... exactly... like dirty panties, mixed with sweet perfume. Like someone didn't have time to wash their underwear, so they sprayed it with vanilla spray and wore them again. So, my beloved frag has been ruined for me. Thanks for the visual, lady.

pattyk

You have all heard of the "perfect storm", well this is the "perfect perfume" for me. It was my signature perfume and it went awesome with my chemistry. The scent stayed with me all day and maybe all night. I left traces of the smell behind and every day received so many compliments on this scent. Then.....it went away. The prices on EBAY went up into the hundreds. I searched and searched for a new signature perfume but as yet, all these years later, cannot duplicate that scent on me. The new version is dull and doesn't stay on more than a couple of hours. It has not personality and is missing all the important parts of the original perfume. Why do these perfume designers/owners do this. In the end they lose out because people see their product on EBAY and elsewhere and make tons of money off of their sales. I wrote to the company and their response was they changed the recipe for the environment.....really????? What a crock. I have literally spent thousands of dollars trying to find a scent that could take the place of Givenchy Organza Indecence but it looks like that's not gonna happen. Meanwhile I have hundreds of bottles of nice smelling perfumes but no signature perfume yet.....

BillyJean
BillyJean

When Organza Indecence was first released it was not as loved as it is today. Many said it smelled like cardboard. Now that it has disappeared from the shelves only the ones that search it out seem to write reviews so its ratings are high.
I love the opening of it but not so much the dry down. And now I think I know why. Patchouli. I don't think I actually like patchouli. I wish the top notes remained with me forever.
The bottle is pretty but hard to keep it from falling over.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Whoa, is this ever a dynamite smell! Received a decant of the original formula in a swap. This baby just glows on my skin! I can't wear a lot of vanillas, they just turn too sweet on me. Not so with this. Maybe it is the super-smooth patchouli that helps. Gorgeous and sultry. I want to lick my arms! Yum.

Chava
Chava

I love the older version (much heavier on the amber and patchouli notes - quite warm and sensual), but unfortunately the reformulated Organza Indecence is all vanilla and much too sweet for me. It's a shame, as it was a lovely scent. If you're a vanilla/gourmand fan, give it a try, but if you're expecting a woody, spicy scent, you'll be disappointed.

sdavis33584
sdavis33584

Definitely vanilla on me but the dry rosewood keeps it from turning too sweet and the patchouli keeps makes it Sexy and HOT without being like incense. Just a GREAT recipe. I never fail to get compliments from the men folk when I wear this one out. It is one of those fragrances that strangers will stop you to ask what you are wearing. It is on my top 3 list. I have not tried the new formula... Prefer to buy old school on Ebay. Heard the new formula has too much vanilla and doesn't last like the vintage version. Guess I'll eventually find out once the ebay supply is gone. This one makes a great gift for a girlfriend or wife for that special night out and then getting lucky! LOL

HATORI
HATORI

warm cinnamon plus patchouli, feels a little like cocoa

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I don't know how I had missed trying this beauty before. I have been wearing the original juice for 48 hours now and it is lovely, but not at all what I expected of a perfume called Organza. I thought it would be something light and fluffy- this is the opposite-- sharp patch, woody, very spicy and rather 90's in your face the first couple of hours. I love the drydown that lasts for hours on skin and still keeps some sillage. The vanilla is gorgeous and blends so nicely with the cinnamon. But what I smell most strongly until the complete drydown hours later is the sharp patch and the rawness of the woods. I like it, but it's not the cozy warmth I was expecting.

However, when that cozy warm sweater scent does finally emerge, it's lovely. Organza reminds me a bit in the final development, where the plum comes out, of Le Baiser du Dragon, but not so sweet. This perfume is amazing in that it keeps developing after hours on the skin- how great is that! The cinnamon and vanilla dominate after hours on the skin and it is so warm and comforting. This is a great holiday perfume choice.

lollsazz

Mmmm :) I couldn't wait for the colder months before testing this out! This is nothing special to me when it's warm outside, but when it's cold, I love it! I have the original version and I agree with the previous reviewer: I can't smell any flowers in this one, just a bunch of delicious Christmas spices and woods. My boyfriend said it smelt like Christmas in a sauna (in a good way) X) To me this is a little like Dior's Addict... the original one. Addict is a little more milky thougha nd I use it when I want to smell of something equally warm, but a little more green. I think Organa Indecence smells such a way that both women and men could pull it off (the original version, that is):)

truffles
truffles

A simple wood/cinnamon affair. 'Christmassy', perhaps. I don't get it, it's not for me. I don't want to smell like a cinnamon bun.

LittleRed
LittleRed

This is definitely a perfume that triggers a distinct memory for me of when I first encountered it.

It would have been right around the time this was released that I smelt this on my manager at work at the time. She wore it very well, it was amazing on her, and I asked what it was. With a somewhat superior air, she told me it was Givenchy Organza Indecence, and turned to speak to someone else, probably thinking that me, in my early twenties and in my lowly position likely wouldn't recognize the name or seek it out due to price. Little did she know that I was indeed spending outside my meagre budget by a mile on perfumes and was likely searching ebay for it that night and adding it to my master list at the time.

Well, I never did purchase it then, probably distracted by another fragrance at the time, or I think most likely, I didn't feel I could fill those boots quite yet, but I can still remember the intoxicating aura of Indecence. Grownup and sexy, warm and spicy, golden and glowing. It has a warm, dry woodiness that really gives it a solid structure and maturity.

I think Indecence could really suit me now but I'll have to wait until the right opportunity strikes in terms of prices these days for it. It's a long-term goal, but one day it will be me emanating that gorgeous Indecence glow! It will be a long time coming but well worth it.

Organza Indecence still make people comment on itself!
Not a new fragrance, it was badly re-formulated, but the original was a bomb!
Very heavy and heady but absolutely well done and meaningful, very nuanced, spicy yet mellow, the cinnamon peak out and is mood exalting.
A statement for sure and in spite of a hint of vulgarity (common in Givenchy originals) that never turns into real vulgarity but rather a daring woman effect, just on the border, which is mastery from Givenchy: daring elegance. It lasted forever on my skin but was not really me back then, so I prefered plain Organza.

taninha07
taninha07

it was my signature scent for a long while , for over 6 yrs ( when it first came out ) . although , today a rare find , i still have it and wear it ( not as often for i´ve got half a bottle left and dislike the reformulated version of it ) , but when i do , yes , it is my `´all woman `´ type scent . sometimes i get a zilion compliments on it , someimes , none , but bottom line is , whenever i wear it , i compliment myself and feel like a million bucks ! these days all i need is to please myself !
true story !

antfarm
antfarm

If Organza Indecence was a recipe, I'd describe it as gorgeous, creamy, thick vanilla custard stirred with a cinnamon stick. It's heavy, milky and only slightly spicy on my skin. The note I smell most is vanilla, although it is very well-blended.

This is a fabulous perfume that borders between being a gourmand and "the scent of woman", but for me, something in it triggers a headache (which is somewhat of a relief because it is so rare & expensive now).

lollsazz

I got this in a Givenchy gift box from 2001. Phew... it's really... powerful. It's pleasant, but rather heady. I only put a few drops on and now know that the small bottle I have is going to last me a long time. This one is actually somehow similar to Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier - it has the same amount of sweetness and is also a winter fragrance. I think the same about the original Organza - a girl I know wears Organza in the most perfect way, but even she can't pull it off it the summer. Even though this doesn't have any smoky ingredients listed, it does smell to me like it has some smoke to it. Also, this has some kind of a liqueur smell at first, which I find a bit manly/unisex. At the drydown this is a little smoky, spicy bubble gum-scented a.k.a. has cinnamon. It's not my favourite, but I like it. I can't wait till the winter to test it out though - I'm sure it will smell better then. I think I might like the newer version better though, as it doesn't have musk, which is an ingredient I've found to be better off without.

Liebetx
Liebetx

Smells like a Christmas bouquet. I really don't feel right wearing it any other months of the year except Nov- Dec. It's nice, just feels like a holiday scent, to me. The cinnamon is definitely the note that sings with my body chemistry on this one but it's soft and not overly gourmand with the florals.

I'm just so-so on this scent, in general. DH is a huge fan of cinnamon and he loves it. His favorite besides the other sugary-sweet gourmand perfumes in my reportoie that I wear specifically for him.

healthyvegan
healthyvegan

I absolutely had to make this my first review. This is the most incredibly sensual, beautiful, luxurious, magical perfume I may ever smell. So glad I have a full bottle left. They took this perfume off the market, then, due to the loud outcry, they brought it back...kind of. I hear it smells different. I have walked by it in stores, but not tested the new version yet. I will, but I don't want my heart to be broken about this for a little while longer. The prices on Ebay are starting to get pretty steep so I will be wearing this one for special occasions only going forward. This is my cold-weather "holy grail".

valbona.bergman

Warm and strong but soft at the same time. Cinnamon and sweet cream together. Like a warm summer night out or winter day that is so sunny and warm on the hands but fresh on the face. AAH no words for this perfume, it bring to mind holidays, like christmas where the family gathers, the atmosphere is warm and red velvet really binds with it so well...
Still have half bottle and trying to keep it for as long as possible

kayley123
kayley123

The “woodiest” also the smokiest, out of the "family".
L de Lolita is sweeter, same smoky wood note
TF TV is sweeter, less woody and musky/smoky
L'A Safran Troublant fresher/more floral but less complex spice

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
F. Malle: Musc Ravageur

ShawnStJames
ShawnStJames

Breathtaking! Reminds me of Christmas...love at first...sniff.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

I've just tried this for the first time, and I am completely taken! It's what I've been looking for in every niche perfume I try. I just didn't know it had been around for so long, and now it's discontinued. It's such a good fit that I'm going to bite the bullet and pick up a bottle on ebay. It's just that good.

The cinnamon is so smooth and creamy, and the wood and amber just wraps you up like a cozy, cozy blanket. Brilliant!

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

amazing soft cinnamon. one of those perfumes that caresses and soothes. got a vintage bottle on ebay and immediately ordered a new one on amazon at a reasonable price. hope the new is as good as the old.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is so creamy for a cinnamon scent! The spicy is gentle and warm, not overpowering. I thought it would be too strong looking at the notes but it is actually very gentle. Delicious without being overly foodie.
The creaminess lingers all the way through the dry down. (Vintage review)

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a lovely cinnamon scent that is not excessively heavy, spicy or gourmand. It is almost a cinnamon-floral….in fact, after handling my sample vial, my hands smelled like I’d been arranging flowers and then making cinnamon pastries. Very feminine, but not girly or insipid. This is the original Organza decked out for fall with spicier notes along with a light touch of vanilla.

It reminds me of several other cinnamon-centric fragrances, all of which are distinctive and yet similar, like sisters who look alike and yet have their own unique character. To my nose, Indecence is similar to Spark but without the cedar—it has patchouli which adds a dry lightly herbal note (vs getting overwhelming as patchouli can sometimes do). It’s like Cinnabar, but much lighter and smoother, not quite as harsh; it is also similar to Rare Rubies, but with a stronger cinnamon emphasis and less musk. I also find it to be quite similar to L de’ Lolita Lempicka, but without the citrus note. This is truly a perfume for cinnamon aficionados—too bad it’s become so rare and costly!

Longevity about 4 hours for me before I went to reapply; sillage was at least moderate, I felt like I left a soft trail of cinnamon glowing behind me.

stacia79
stacia79

All I have is a miniature bottle, half full, that I only use on very special occasions. Organza Indecence is the holy grail of cinnamon gourmand. It's like having French toast with the princess of France. A soft cinnamon bark pairs with a most realistic vanilla bean. There are a few slices of plum alongside, making the entire dish absolutely mouthwatering. It dries down to an expensive smelling amber and rosewood blend, like the inside of a luxurious piano. Why did Givenchy discontinue such a masterpiece?

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

When I first applied this it literally could have knocked my socks off!!! That's just how good it is. Thank-you to Conifer lover for sending me a very generous sample of this in it's original miniature spray bottle no less! Had it not been for her kindness I more than likely would never have been able to try it. I am admittedly not a fan of the original Organza but this one is beyond gorgeous. On my skin I can really smell the rosewood mixed with the vanilla and amber. It's so intoxicating that I can't stop sniffing myself! Such a crying shame that it's been discontinued. I will cherish the small amount that I have and apply it with a light hand so I can stretch it out and make it last. One of the best perfumes I've smelled, EVER! Simply heavenly.

freddinos
freddinos

I cannot believe Givenchy decided to discontinue this fragrance. It is one of the best things I have ever smelled. Cinnamon-y, sweet and woody amazing fragrance. The drydown is woody and the sweet and light top notes make a very elegant combination. Maybe we should sign a petition to have it back?

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

I would describe it like spiritual oriental perfume, full of mysterious incense, warm pleasant incense. Cinnamon, Amber, vanilla, patchouli .... mmmmm, so warm, caresses the soul and mind .... Fantastic!

annahaener
annahaener

received my 5ml today... yes, it is crazy good perfume, really really great... reminded me just tiny tiny bit of Le feu of Issey Miyake...

Berlynn
Berlynn

I first tried this fragrance in 1999 from a magazine sample and I hated it! It was strong, loud and gave me a headache. I revisited the vintage of this one today and I was surprised! First it is a flurry of warm spices and cinnamon reminiscent of seasonal baking. Then as it starts to dry down lingers the spicy root beer like scent of amber mingled with vanilla. There is a very woody undertone all the way through this fragrance that doesn't fade with wear, I guess it is the rosewood, that compliments the whole scent beautifully. I really can't believe I've turned my nose up all these years at this fragrance over my 11 year old self's opinion of a magazine tester. It goes to show you how one's tastes change over time.

Holli
Holli

Sweater and blankies perfume for sure! It's very dense. Rarely wearable in my part of the country, and I even enjoy Fracas and Baiser du Dragon in the heat. It's almost too vanilla/sweet for my liking, but everything is very balanced.

annxyz

I own many fragrances , but so far , this tops them all ! It is totally unique , no floral notes, but very spicy , warm , and unlike any other I have smelled . There is a richness that makes it sensual and elegant !
I can not imagine this ever being discontinued . I recently purchased at Ulta and do not understand why it is not sold everywhere . It is a gourmand but not one that screams "food ," adolescent , or trendy . This is simply gorgeous , lasts forever , and garners constant compliments . I will buy a second bottle soon as a backup in case Givenchy becomes irrational and cancels it . This is head and shoulders above most perfumes sold today .

bailarina
bailarina

I love this comfort Blanket. The dry-down is the best part. I enjoy wearing this to bed during the winter. Its warm and cozy and it helps me go to sleep. I really like that brazilian rosewood. It is sophisticated, specially for more mature women though I think it would be lovely in anybody of any age. My seven year old daughter loves it. I sprayed it on her stuffed elephant, and it lasted for weeks.

NikkiSelf
NikkiSelf

Normally I steer clear of warm, spicy scents but this is one of a few that I really look forward to wearing come winter time. It's powerful yet without the initial 'slap in the face' that I find from the likes of Shalimar or Poison. It's definately one of my favourite perfumes.

annxyz

I wore this out shopping today and TWO different women approached me to ask the name of my fragrance . ( The other frag I get remarks on is Euphoria ) . I love this because : it is complex , an unusual combo of sweet and woods and spice. The other criterion it meets for me is EXCELLENT sillage and lasting power . I feel it is a true value though it is not a cheap fragrance . Like Dior Addict and Hypnotic Poison it is velvety rich and feminine.

Orchidee Nocturne
Orchidee Nocturne

This fragrance is so beautiful, feminine, elegant, sultry... Love it.

jilligan
jilligan

Bought this in 1999. Came home from the store after Christmas shopping smelling of lovely cinnamon, cloves and warm skin. My husband took a whiff and started gagging. Forbade me to come in the house - yeah, right! We were divorced a year later.

Yes, it is that good.

I made sure to wear this when I was dating to ensure the gentleman would be worthy. Now I'm remarried and able to save it for special occaisions. I'll be sad when my bottle no longer spritzs this creamy, warm, comforting fragrance.

To help conserve drops I wear Kenzo Le Elephant (also discontinued, what!?!) and Armani Code for Women. Similar, but not the same.

Janey1966
Janey1966

This is my signature scent and I was mortified to discover it was discontinued recently. All I have left is the Body Veil which is a divine, shimmery body lotion that smells EXACTLY the same as the perfume it accompanied. I have a tiny bit left in the bottom of the white plastic bottle, shaped just like the perfume! I am glad I did not buy the recent substitute as reviewers are saying it is not the same. I would not buy any 'used' originals on ebay either as they are people realising the perfume is now worth a lot of money.

Why don't Givenchy just bring the original back, it's gorgeous. I did wear Amarige Mariage on my wedding day but it was not the same as Organza Indecence, although it WAS very nice I suppose!

Today (19/11/2013) I received a 5ml PARFUM original version of this fragrance that I won on Ebay, for just over £10, including postage. Not all sellers on Ebay want the most money for perfumes, they just want to get rid of them for someone else (like me) to enjoy, and this is a prime example. To say I am 'happy' right now is an understatement. The little bottle is sooo cute! I have dabbed a tiny bit behind my ears (over an hour ago now) and the Christmassy scent of light cinnamon is wafting towards my nose, just as I remembered way back in 2003! I absolutely LOVE IT and it smells better the longer it remains on my skin. This small (but perfectly formed) bottle of the best fragrance in the world is going to last me AGES!

pattyk

Thank you for your input. I will check those perfumes out and let you know how it goes. I really appreciate it!!!!

soonflower
soonflower

I've tried Roberto Cavalli - Oro, the cinnamon note is very prominent in it.
It smells very similar to this discontinued cinnamon beauty.

Some of my friends thought that I was wearing Organza Indecence, but that was Cavalli's Oro.

I think Oro would be a good substitute for OI.

roses&violets
roses&violets

To Pattyk: I have a mini bottle of this fragrance. I bought it by mistake when I was a teenager (I wanted to have ordianry "Organza"). I didn't know this scent but I liked a beautiful shape of the bottle. I use it rarely - especially now when I discovered it's such a gem. If I could recommend you something very similar, it'd be Amarige Marriage by Givenchy. The cinnamon note is very prominent in both of them. I used my sample of Marriage a few weeks ago and it illuminated me at once that I knew this scent. As you can see other people her also think these two are similar.

pattyk

Givenchy Organza Indecence was "MY" perfume for years and then it went away. It came back but was not the same. Since then I have been searching for a perfume that smells the most like this one but have not found it. Help! I refuse to buy it on EBAY for 100 plus dollars. Bummer. I have tried all the ones on the left of the fragrance that says that people who bought this perfume also bought these. Looking for suggestions here people! Thank You!

amoregal

Organza Indecence was the love of my life. I have a very small amount of the original left that I am hoarding for a special occasion. That said, I have been looking for something somewhat close to that fabulous scent. The reformulation is similar, but just not the same. And the prices on ebay for the original are way too steep for me.

I do like and wear Dior Dolce Vita, Givenchy Amarige Mariage, Casmir by Chopard, Nicole Miller, and EL's Tuscany per Dona, which all have some of the same notes and I do get compliments when I wear them. But there was just something about the sensuous, elusive, mysterious, Organza Indecence that matched perfectly with my body chemistry. They say scents smell differently from person to person and I so agree with that. We were a match made in heaven. Not sure if I'll ever find one to live up to my all-time favorite Organza Indecence.

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

This is my all time favorite perfume. I have tried niche perfumes, vintages, new scents, low priced, high priced, and the list goes on. I lucked out and found a decent sized bottle tucked into a bath kit with some other nonconsequentials on ebay and I bid just because the bottle was in it. I have several of them and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it.

Yesterday, I felt like I was being followed... AND I WAS!!! I turned around and there were four unbelievably handsome men standing near me sniffing. One of them walks up to me and sticks his nose right to my neck and just inhales. (It was very awkward but I wasn't complaining. He was just that hot!) After a few moments he asked me what I was wearing and if I was seeing anyone. The other three walked up to me and introduced themselves. I spoke to them for a moment and he gave me his number. As I walked away I felt happy and almost suckerpunched by the realization that they no longer make this to die for scent and it's almost a death match to get another bottle. I feel heartbroken and outraged.

This scent is a sensual, deep, embracing, and memory making scent. Fragrances such as this should be available for as long as people have olfactory senses because this scent will most definitely catch the nose and linger in minds and hearts.

P.S. I will not speak of the atrocity they call a remake. %$&! them.

susyshoes
susyshoes

My favorite perfume. EVER. And it smells better on me than the rest of you. But it has been discontinued. My FIRST favorite perfume, EVER, was Givenchy L'Interdit, the original from 1957. And it smelled better on me than it did you. But it was discontinued. I was elated to discover Indecence in 1999, which replaced L'Interdit as my signature fragrance. But it was discontinued. The newer version isn't as rich, creamy, decadent, delicious, sensual, gourmand, fantastic, magnetic or beautiful as the original. I am waiting for Givenchy to gift me with another of my very own signature fragrance so they can discontinue it.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I wasn't supposed to like this. I put off buying it forever. For many reasons... mostly cuz I've been "sucked in" by reviews before, only to be disappointed. Its not the reviewer's faults... its mine for not sampling before blind buying. Another reason I put this off is obvious. It's discontinued and is fetching great prices for the sellers on eBay. Not a good position to be in for a buyer. So, my hope was that this would be a "meh, I can live without this" scent. My hopes have been dashed against the rocks of low expectations. I. love. this. stuff.

I know there are plenty of notes to croon about. But for me, it's all about that creamy resin sprinkled with the enchanting cinnamon. I am a sucker for a few things. Sweet vanilla powdery bases. Plummy opening notes. Cinnamon. And a good creamy teeth achingly sexual amber/resin. (I don't "feel the plum" in this, by the way) But boy, oh boy, am I swoooooning for that light warm cinnamon creamy resin filling. I was so lucky to have gotten a .17oz (oh so freaking tiny) bottle for $7.50. (!!! I KNOW, HUH???!!!! Yay me)... and the dabbing was great. I immediately knew my wallet was in big trouble. But today I also put 2ml in a spray atomizer and I have been luxuriating in this scent for 9 hours now. Just a few spritzes on my neck and between "the girls" and I've been falling in love with myself!

WHY WHY WHY did the perfume house discontinue this??? SERIOUSLY??? I just have not seen cinnamon done this good in a perfume. No, I have not smelled them all, but dang, I have smelled a lot. I've been on a cinnamon hunt for a long time. I favor CK Obsession for that reason (and the same creamy resinous drydown).

I see there is the new offering of this, but the notes are totally different, and the reviews on the new stuff are poor. At least for those who dare to compare. For those who never experienced the original, they say the new stuff is good. But I'm forever ruined now. I hope to experience the new scent soon, just out of curiosity. But I'll be trolling the eBay shelves for days to come, looking for the elusive seller who has no idea what they have in their hands so that I can SNATCH it up for a song.

Sorry, not much reviewing going on here. Mostly just cow-eyed adoration. If I was smart, I'd come on here and tell you all that this is horrid and to stay away! (so I can have what's left on this planet for my own). *sigh*

So, um... ah-em... THIS IS HORRID! STAY AWAY!

;) see ya on eBay.

EDIT: The current version of this is almost identical in every way. Don't believe those who think otherwise. I am no longer bidding on these via eBay... the new bottle is easy to find, relatively inexpensive compared to the vintage and smells heavenly divine. If anyone who doesn't think the new stuff is any good and wants to pay a fortune for the two huge full bottles of the vintage that I own, you can PM me. I'll be thrilled to strike a deal with you!!!

mimikins24
mimikins24

A retro 1990's perfume I decided to try again for kicks! I remember always loving the shape of this bottle. Made me think sexy when I was 16!

Starts with a blast of patchouli, which thankfully for me, settles down quite quickly. Unfortunately, I do not get any cinnamon on me, which would be nice.

It lasts all day on me as a creamy vanilla and honey scent, with enough amber to make it seductive. Nice sillage --- people notice it, but I am not walking on a cloud of smelly. Love it so much more than the original Organza. Wear it on a date and on the weekend.

Overall (get ready for some alliteration!), sensuous, sophistocated, still sexy, seductive, slighly spicy, sweet, Saturday and Sunday scent.

hollycat
hollycat

Organza Indecence can be summed up in one word. Decadent. Youve got every note getting an even shot at entertaining your nose. The first is the cinnamin that is nice at fist, reminds me of warm cozy nights at home making pumpkin pie. Then the vanilla pops in soon after creating a creamy yet powerful presence. I dont smell the plum but I imagine that it could be what makes this perfume way too sweet for my taste. Amber is next, and in this composition I find it animalic in almost a roadkill kind of way. Then the patchouli which comes across as a bit dirty imo. All in all when I wore this I felt like I just made the most unapolagetic artery clogging desert and pigged out on it and then ended up with a carb and sugar hangover.

Im in the minority here on this one. I cant take it. It overwelmes me and buries me in its power. I had my mom smell it and she said "please dont ever wear that around me again, Its gonna make me gag". But keep in my my mom has a sensitive nose and only wears clean white florals like Yardley's Lily of the valley.

I appreciate this perfume for its unique and powerful composition. I just cant wear it. Sweet perfumes are starting to really nauseate me. Ive just become sensitive to sweet smells. Intolerant I guess. But if I did love the gourmands, this one would be orgasmic.

rhunzeker
rhunzeker

i was really excited at the first sniff because i got cinnamon but that died down immediately. The scent that stayed with me was more of the patcholi and wood. Still alright, just not in love.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Got this online from a seller who probably had no clue what it was. A full 30 ml vintage bottle in perfect condition. For 18 euros, what a deal eh !
Blind buy based on reviews, never tried it before. Sprayed it on only about an hour ago, but i'm already in love <3.
I'm not into really spicy perfumes, and was a bit worried this would be too much. Let me tell you, this is just perfect. The cinnamon is the star, but it's not overwhelming at all. It's very well balanced. A bit sharp in the opening, but gets softer and creamier as it dries down. Very cozy and warm.
I have to keep wearing it to get to know it better, but seems like this lady is worth all the praise.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Wow! This was a total blind buy from e-Bay and I paid a LOT for it but I am SOOOOO happy! I was persuaded by all the amazing reviews and it sounded right up my alley so I just had to have it. It is the most amazing scent. Soft clouds of cinnamon and patchouli with warm, rich amber and a hint of vanilla musk. I do not get much plum but I believe it's there somewhere. I was hoping this scent wouldn't be overpowering, too spicy, too mature, or too dry, and luckily, it's not any of those things! The cinnamon is a bit dry, in a sense, but all the other notes add a softness and a slight creaminess that is just dreamy. The scent is quite strong, but not enough to be overpowering; just enough so that you feel you got your money's worth. There is a slight sweetness but not in the least bit cloying or sugary; just enough so that gourmand lovers as well as haters can appreciate it. Unless you are a cinnamon hater, I really do not see how anyone that has a sense of smell can dislike this perfume. It's literally like being wrapped in the coziest fleece blanket. Not old fleece with the pills and the roughness, but new fleece- the kind you get that is so soft you can barely feel it. This is going to be my ultimate winter fragrance. I just wish they didn't reformulate it and change the bottle. I can't afford another bottle from e-Bay!

melbritt24
melbritt24

Oh WOW! Pure cinnamon heaven! Warm, dry, bark-like cinnamon is the star here...all enveloped by subtle amber and patchouli. Vanilla in the dry down is faint but warm and I do not smell the plum. This would be amazing layered over a sweet,rich, linear vanilla fragrance.

Patricia40
Patricia40

I bought this after reading the reviews on this site and again I was not disappointed when I bought this scent. I am not a perfume expert, in my humble opinion this fragrance is unique. At first you get a burst of spices, especially cinnamon, but the spices are sweet and beckoning. the dry down is sweet, sexy, delicious and edible. I love this perfume. It is a one in a million scent, it smells like quality ingredients were used to make it.Very different from perfumes of today. Thanks Fragrantica. :)

verzosa
verzosa

Sexy. SEXY, in every way. Whether you're a girl who wears long sleeved, plaid shirts or a sophisticated lady in a fitted black dress this edition or Organza Indecence is suitable for just about anyone with the right personality. This perfume has such a woody and sultry mouth watering quality to it. I believe this is ideal for the fall or winter.

Indecence is the actual one perfume that triggered my love for perfume. I remember the day I bought a 1.7 OZ perfume box set for $30 from a lady on Craigslist, who was very desperate to get some money from this, and she seemed so sad to let it go.

From the ad itself I was a little intimidated by how maturely it is advertised, and seeing that I'm still very young I was worried this would come off as too mature for me, so I put off actually wearing it for a while. But that is not the case, I find it deep and sultry, yet unoffensive.

I imagine myself wearing this in the woods around a bonfire with a circle of friends. This scent is very cozy and brings me to a time of peace and comfort because it wraps you like a blanket then tells you "Hey, I'm here for you.".

If I had to describe Organza Indecence in a moment she would be the fireplace during a indoor date.

If you were to ask me anytime before I owned a bottle of Organza, if I would ever wear a perfume that had cinnamon as a fairly dominant note in it, I would have say "Ah, no... No thanks." Needless to say this one took me by surprise.

I still feel the same about Organza Indecence, if not, I may be more in love with it than ever. It's the first perfume I've bought out of my pocket though. Today it's a rainy Wednesday, and the sky is telling me it's gloomy. I decided to spray this beauty because I wanted to remember how it smelt like. I honestly think this is the first time I applied it rather than dab it, and dear lord did it bring me comfort. I could go as far as to say this is the best perfume I've ever smelt/owned, and it would be my signature scent if it weren't discontinued and outrageously expensive, regardless, it's a must have in my collection and alway will be.

ajenkins2008
ajenkins2008

This is my first time on here, but.....Good news! They have reintroduced this perfume. I have been hunting everywhere for this for years, as I wore this on my wedding day, so it is very important to me.

I found it in Harrods London, and a very lovely assistant sent me a sample, and I found this to be the same.

I don't know whether this is going to be limited, so would appreciate it if anyone can recommend a similar style of perfume. I am drawn to the deep chocolate, citrus elements in this.

Gogojo

This is not a review but I loved this fragrance, and still do.

It was the perfume perfect on my skin.
I need fine tuned noses to help me get a similar scent.

The amazing thing with OI is that it not only sat on my skin so perfectly, it blended with all my natural scents. I have yet to find anything near to it that is compatible.

This perfume was a breakthrough and I still don't know why it was discontinued.

I have been unsure of what to buy since it was discontinued, since it was such an amazing scent, and now I have run out.

Is it possible for fined tuned experts to help me out, with an appreciation of this delicate perfume.

I so hope that there are noses out there that can help me.

Kindest Regards
From Tropical Queensland Australia

noninoni
noninoni

I would like to thank fragrantica members for introducing me to this heavenly perfume. Seductive, dark, mysterious, and classy, I don't understand why it is being discontinued! After reading this I went to my local dept store and grabbed the last two 50ml bottles they had there. Will cherish till the last drop

scouserdog
scouserdog

Rich and delicious - definitely a quality perfume for grown ups of whatever age. Ideal for a special date - a very seductive scent with good sillage and longevity.

cleo777
cleo777

Best spicy vanilla I've ever inhaled. The clerk in the store said whenever she wore this her son said, "Mom, you don't know what that does to me". Creepy? Oedipal? Or just funny! Anyway, I love it. It's warm and sexy and perfect for winter. I don't know why they changed the bottle though, the frosted glass is just tacky and the sticker on the front even more so, and it's peeling off to boot! :/ Still it is a gorgeous scent, it seems mysterious to me without being cloying. A legend indeed!

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I have a tiny sample vial of this. I wish Givenchy would re-issue this at an AFFORDABLE price. When I put this on, my first thought was just "yum." I wish all vanilla scents were this good.

anna.023
anna.023

Im sorry ladies, I know you all do love this perfume, but I must say, I dont. I was full of hope when I blind bought a miniature bottle. I couldnt wait to open the cellophane, I almost destroyed the box in my hurry. I applied the scent and the first that struck me was, ooh so sharp, strong and spicy! I must say that im not a huge fan of the strong spice stuff, I prefer soft spicy with a tender sweetness. This was not that at all. A very strong and almost slightney sour smell was risning from my wrist. Its defintley in the same category as Givenchy Amarige Mariage, YSL NU and perhaps Diors Dolcevita (but this one I do like, since its not that strong and has a freshness in it.)The reason that I first bought Indecene was that I am absolutley crazy about cinnamon, and its told that this perfume is the best cinnamon ever made. Sadley I disagree. It is a good cinnamon, if you like a harsh, deep, in your face RAW cinnamon. I however is still looking for the modern, sweet, milky, tender cinnamon. A creamy gourmand is on my wishlist, not this oldfashioned raw juice. You should think twice before buying this, the price is very high and there are better and more updatetd stuff on the market, according to me:)

dness92
dness92

Sweet but in a sexy, sophisticated, classy way. Cinnamon at the beginning adds an amazing depth to this perfume, makes it more inviting, intruiging... Creates that image of a mysterious sexy woman disappearing somewhere in a dark alley. After a while it starts transforming into something so deeply comforting, warm, embracing, warm breath on a cold window...Smelling it gives you a feeling of ecstacy. Awakens you in the most peculiar way. Makes your mind race while you're in a state of sweetly embarcing hypnosis. It is a truly sensual perfume. I wish it was still in production.

I wouldn't compare it to a christmas cake, I do understand the link there but it has certainly more to it. There's so much more to discover. Truly feminine.

Opalescent
Opalescent

Very simply, the best perfume ever made. Sexy, elegant, classy, wearable- foodie, yet not syrupy sweet- more in a warm cinnamon and rich spices sort of way, but with vanilla.
I was devastated when they discontinued it. I purchased the parfum mythique collection version, and while it is different, and the bottle not as 'couture', the liquid inside is passable as the original. A bit more cinnamon-y.

I can't wear this perfume without everyone remarking how I smell good.. and men, if you are close to them, inevitably mention how "Good" you smell ( in a primal I want you sort of way.)
Cinnamon is known to be an aphrodesiac and this is no different.
I wear multiple fragrances, I love experimenting- but this elixer will always be in my roster as 'my' fragrance.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

After reading all of the eulogies here, I was determined to resurrect a sample of Indecence. I could not find a flacon of the original but did manage to find it in the mythique line, which I believe has also now been discontinued. I visited a number of perfume stores, department stores and kiosks before I found it where I should have looked first - Macy's! One bottle left, the tester. Of course.

Well, I sprayed it generously onto my neck and wrists. And to be perfectly honest, the only reason I felt like I needed to make her sell me the tester was because I knew it was a coveted item. But did I really love it? No. To my nose, it Smelled very similar to Addict but drier, like Addict with bourbon.

So it was time to play Let's Make A Deal. The saleswoman said she had to look it up to see if it was available in other branches and if it was, no tester sale. Lo and behold, there are still some bottles scattered across the nation. But $95? I already have Addict and I can buy a terrific bourbon for less. It would be wrong, especially when there are so many aficionados out there who truly love it. So here is my gift to you- go to your local Macy's and tell the sales associate to place an order through the FULLFILLMENT CENTER. ( Just do yourself a favor and writethe name on a slip of paper. If I had to spell out Organza Indecence one more time I would have hopped over the counter and typed it into the terminal myself.) They will ship it to you from another store that has it for free. as of today April 16 2012 they are in stock in several stores. You're welcome!

If you get there and it,s all gone, get some Addict and get some bourbon. MIx the two on your wrist. Inhale. Still unhappy? Drink the bourbon. Drown your sorrows and for pity's sake, move on! There are plenty of other fragrances to love.

Mihail
Mihail

Unique frag. With a beautiful note of milk chocolate and gentle quiet cinnamon. Between passion and calmness. I think OI - best creation by Givenchy house. Magnificently!

Winter
Winter

I'm sad about not being able to smell or look this perfume. Too bad the have been discontinued, because I love the smell of cinnamon!
Most people who have smelled Organza Indecence, tell me he´s so sexy...
Any alternative?

valbona.bergman

wow i did no know they discontinued it! now i have a half full 50ml bottle parfume that is worth a lot more! that is nice to know...and yes it is unique!

ReinaT
ReinaT

It is hard to believe this fragrance only has 5 notes. I love this perfume, very warm and inviting. Dry down is pretty much the same as the initial squirt. Warm, warm, and super yummy, the perfume is almost like an Opium but not. Could be worn by men, if they so desired, but certainly it is not masculine. Very magical. My kid says it smells like honey whenever I wear it. Since they don't make it anymore I have found the best place to buy it is ebay. It's expensive, about $200 or thereabouts for a big bottle, or I've found 1/2 oz for $35.00. Love the bottle, love Givenchy, like I say pretty much can not go wrong with any perfume they make.

evieb
evieb

This "was" my signature scent and since it's discontinuation, I have be searching for something like it...This perfume was like a warm, sensual embrace. Soft, warm...I was very surprised by the different scents, but what a perfect perfect mix..very long lasting. It's sweet but not childish sweet..more of sexy soft sweet. I need to find something like it..

reborn
reborn

This fragrance is my signature and it will be whole my life for sure.I cried when it dissapiered.i have little left and smell it only from the bottle .i am so angry that is so hard to find and sooo expensive.unique bottle,unique juice.The lasting power and sillage are unbelievable on me,i guess on you too.Soooo feminine,mistique,sexy,cozy.Just perfect!I love you Organza Indecence :-**********

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Indecence is a sexy goddess wearing nothing but an apron cooking spicy brioche drinking mulled plum wine who accidentally spills organic madagascar vanilla extract all over herself. It smells sweet yet spicy, dry dark and oriental at the same time. An oriental gourmand - not particulary fond of foodie scents but this one is a winner. One of my all time faves. Men will turn heads.

kassinator
kassinator

This is all about the sandalwood and cinnamon with a soft vanilla musk base. The musk is very tame. Nothing animalistic about this juice. I like this stuff. It was gifted to me by a friend. It's more snickerdoodle cookie than an everyday wear kind of thing, but it does smell nice. If the amber note was actually more present instead of a ghost of a whisper this would be pretty amazing. Instead it's just nice.

aschiffm
aschiffm

very very WOODY, makes me think of clean white wood doused in vanilla. this was my signature scent for a while that i wore day and night any season, always got compliments, but it is a bit too sweet for my tastes now.

garamascara
garamascara

This one is special to me. This was my first real perfume purchase. I bought it for my Mima because she liked fancy bottles and I thought it smelled good, much better than her signature perfume Charlie. It must have been about 1995, I bought it at JC Penney’s and it was really a lot of money for me to spend back then. My Mima must have liked it because she used it all up and saved the bottle, it was still on her dresser when she passed away in 2010. After she died I bought used bottle on Ebay so that I could smell it again. Wow! It was even better than I remembered. I get a lot of compliments whenever I wear this one. It is a very comforting scent. To me it smells like custard with cinnamon but there is something boozy about it too.

My best friend just got a collection of perfume bottles tattooed on her back and this one is the centerpiece. The old bottle was so beautiful, a perfect match for such a beautiful scent. I think the new boring bottle was a very dumb decision on the part of the marketers at Givenchy.

vicka16
vicka16

Nice, but really strong. You don't have to use a lot of it, and still it will last all day. Great fragrance for a mature woman.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

Jacara wood is missing from this note pyramid.

On my skin, the scent is more woody than spicy. Beautiful scent- it simply shines in winter air. Great work when released in 1999. Too bad the re-leased version was reformulated slighty and has less punch / is more vanilla based IMO.

If you like the plummy aspect of this scent, give Jacomo's Silence Purple a sniff.

Tulip211
Tulip211

Oh how beautiful! I think what kept me away from this initially was how spicy and cinnamon infused people said it was. I was thinking I would walk around smelling like a spice rack, but that however, is not the case. While there are loads of edible spices in Indecence, there is a ripe, juicy plum note just smoothing everything out, and preventing it from being too dark. This perfume is truly delicious, it makes my mouth water!

Christmas in a bottle indeed! "While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads." This fragrance invokes The nutcracker song "Dance of the sugar plum fairy".

asmus32
asmus32

Mysterious, sophisticated, luxurious and warm. A masterpiece.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Organza Indecency surprised me! It´s a scent of style that I like very much and reminds me the lovely "Bois de Paradis." I can also feel like the Opium and then I can say that it is a strong scent and dated, has a burnt aroma, sweet, spicy, really charming. It belongs to the category of my favorite scents. No, this is not a current vanilla but a candy that brings me back for 80 years and has a hint of Mystere (Rochas). Beautiful!

PS: amber, amber, amber and more amber!

LaGari
LaGari

Yumm...Cinnabon! It is sexy-licious but reminds me of other cinnamon-y fragrances out there; it's actually not unique at all (for me anyway).

It lasted forever, super strong projection, ghostly sillage and stained my shirt too. But again, not unique to me and definitely not worth the crazy e-bay prices unless it really is that special to you for some reason.

almondcookie

candymarie I was only stating my opinion.Frankly I am surprised that you even feel this way. Clearly you have spent time creating an issue where there isn't any. Had you read my review properly you will see that i was not passing judgment on the buyer for buying rare perfumes at an undeserved price tag.

This is fragrantica.I am here to review the perfumes as well as inform buyers out there of the dangers purchasing rare perfumes from sellers out there that try and sometimes suceed in taking advantage of them. I can not count the number of times I have read some reviews on fragrantica, some reviewers are spot on will others share a different point of view. Yet I haven't attack them on this. People are ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINIONS.

almondcookie

Wow all these comments. I do not find eilismaireg comment offensive in anyway. She simply stated her opinion. She does have a point, when perfumes become rare people (especially those selling FAKE on ebay) attach exorbitant or unreasonable price tags on them. At the same time people attach UNDESERVED value when perfumes are discontinued despite the fact that there are exceptional fragrances out there. In other words even though Organza Indecence is an exceptional fragrance do not let the fact that it is rare or hard to find affect your judgment when reviewing the actual fragrance itself.

I had the same problem with that rare perfume called HELMUT LANG which i purchased on ebay. I spent so much money because of its sentimental value. Although its a very good scent I have come across better.

One more thing Organza Indecence is one of my Favorite fragrances and I truly treasure the 25ml left in my 30 ml bottle.

eilismaireg

Oh gosh!! I'm sorry that my review caused upset to my fellow sniffers!
I think that if O.I. is your 'special' fragrance, then it will be worth the money that people are charging on e bay. The point I'm making is that when things become hard to find, the meanies who sell them whack on huge price tags that really outweigh the quality of the scent (if you haven't smelled it before or it has no personal meaning for you). I think it's a nice scent but I just expected a little more va va voom. I think Jayne Mansfield and Marilyn are both lovely, but I actually prefer Josephine Baker or Bette Davis as icons, maybe my point got muddled in my bad metaphor!!

Bandit
Bandit

EDIT:
As eilismaireg now explained herself it doesn't need my comments/defending her concerning her review any longer. But I really wished for an all in all more liberal, open-minded and polite attitude toward different opinions here on the board.

eilismaireg

sometimes I feel that when certain fragrances become discontinued, they also gain a status which is slightly undeserved, like dead pop or movie stars. Organza Indecence has to be the Jayne Mansfield of perfumes. To me, it's incense and cinnamon heavy with a vanilla-amber drydown. It really is very pleasant, and I purchased it unsniffed without a thought (after reading all the reviews) for a modest amount in a little pharmacy (god bless 'em!), but I have to say that I own and have smelled other perfumes which are very similar, even my husbands Gucci pour Homme (another soon to be discontinued incense) smells like it, or Matthew Williamsons incense, though this has more warmth and depth. Sillage and longevity are mannerly and all in all, it's a little more Jayne and a little less Marilyn than I wished for....

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

avverto troppo patchouli e troppa cannella sulla mia pelle....l'effetto è troppo pesante-speziato,
non mi piace .

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

I agree it does smell like a cinnamon Bun. It's amazing on how they did this. Cinnamon is the main ingredient I smell. Still not sure if I like it.

Pari88
Pari88

THIS is an oriental gourmand in every way! I LOVE Indecence. Sweet and Spicy. There is a kick of cinnamon spice, it comes and goes and sort of surprises you. It is very warm. It is not cloying unless you spray 5 big sprays full, everything is bad for you in big quantities! Even food & water! Two sprays will last you days if you decide not to shower ;-) There is no perfume like it honestly. Highly sexual, seductive. strong, confident, without being obtrusive. To me it smells nothing like the original Organza, there are slight hints of its woodsy notes but this one is just perfectly spicy, woody and sweet! Will always be my favorite and covet its use for those special nights, as it is now extremely rare.
Oriental Woody
10/10!

amoregal

My all-time favorite perfume. Agree with most of the previous posters in their descriptions of this glorious fragrance. This is the only one I could wear that people always asked what I was wearing. I would literally get stopped in the street by strangers (men and women) who would tell me I smelled sooooo good. Everywhere I went (office, bank, grocery store, parties, etc.) it was the compliment. Even my friends' husbands would say I smelled delicious and what was that perfume so they could get some for their wives. So, this perfume obviously reacted well with my particular body chemistry. It's interesting that some of the posters mentioned "edible" in their reviews because I would often get told "you smell good enough to eat." LOL

Problem is: hard to find. I am heart-broken. Found the reformulation at Macy's online and gave it a try. Definitely NOT the same! If you can find the original (probably on ebay) in that exquisite bottle, please don't hesitate.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

To me this fragrance has changed over the years. It seems to me to be a bit lighter and fresher. I have an older bottle, which has more depth. I liked it better before they changed the bottle, and made the new version. It is not as rich, deep and vibrant as it was before.

emi
emi

Very, very sweet, cloying fragrance. I don't understand how come there is no vanilla on the note list? Because I get a lot lot lot of vanilla in the first place. For me OI is the scent of vanilla pudding with great amount of rum with cola. Nice one, ressembles Kenzo Jungle Elephant(the same vanilla pudding impression), but way too sweet for ma taste and I couldn't take it. To be sincere I was hoping to get much more cinnamon, well it didn't work out again. I keep searching.

Blada
Blada

it is hard not to fall in love with this smell. even I, the green-fresh-smells lover fell for Organza Indecence and I think it is very sad, they are not continued anymore.

thankfully, although the prices go up every month, you can still find them in Internet and I myself won't stop buying them until they'll remain only as a sophisticated, oriental and very sensual memory...

lucianasalem
lucianasalem

Does anyone know what perfume (which is usually for sale) that looks a lot and "arrives at his feet" (Brazilian slang)?! ;D Please!

unique seductive

unique seductive

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Very, very sweet smelling. Almost too sweet. Nice warm scent, not for hot summer days...too heavy. I personally think Hanae Mori pure parfum is a lighter, very similar scent. Both are very vanilla-ey, and better for cold days and nights. This review is for the original, discontinued version which you can still find on E-Bay for lots of $$!

Idaspe
Idaspe

it smells like something baked with cinnamon,and some sugar syrup on top... like some cinnamon rolls. Why is this considered a femme fatale perfume... I will never know. It's just a very foody/gourmand perfume with loads of cinnamon and that's all.

Lady-Robbins, if you can find a vintage 8e jour by Yves Rocher, that has a lot in common with Indecence!

Lady-Robins
Lady-Robins

I loved this parfum! Was very upset to find it discontinued. It was all I wore for years. Anyway, when I found out it was re-released I got very excited, but am worried it will not be the same. No one carries it where I live so I will have to order it. I know some of you say it is not the same and this is SO sad to me. I have been searching high and low for something I will love as much and I cannot find anything as wonderful as the original Organza Indecence. Should I order it with out smelling it? Any one out there that owned the original and loves the re-release.

~Lady

Organza Indecence didn't deserve to be discontinued, and it is often fragrances like these, that appeal to me due to their uniqueness, that get axed and torn away from our loving hands.

In some ways, Organza Indecence can be slightly masculine, particularly in the opening, which is a rather dark blend of cedar, patchouli and syrupy, spicy vanilla. Woodsy is what this fragrance is, yet I find its richness very appealing.

Vanilla is present, however I can't say that this is a particularly vanillary scent. It's not sweet nor too girly. It's very oriental, smokey almost, with mysterious and sensual undertones.

I can certainly see why many women, and men for that matter, are mourning the loss of Organza Indecence. A bottle of this divine juice is becoming increasingly difficult to find. I'm glad to even have had the opportunity to smell this before it has to vanish forever.

The longevity is wonderful. I wore it all day on a road trip around some beautiful, luscious and green forests, and I must say it suited the atmosphere perfectly. It's like my wild, uninhibited escape scent.

Organza Indecence is a wonderfully delectable fragrance, hailed as a classic yet also surprisingly modern and elegant. I'm a huge fan.

cloyd42
cloyd42

This was a bit of a shock. I sprayed this on expecting a sensual experience redolent with spices and exotic flowers and was greeted with root beer! The shock wore off as the scent warmed up and I realized the pathchouli-cinnamon-plum combination smelled like root beer because the plum is extremely ripe (almost pruny) and, although it isn't listed as a note, there must be some vanilla in here. After about 2 minutes root beer went away to be replaced by a lovely spiced abstract floral. Softer than I expected but as delicious as promised.

Warm, inviting and very adult. Very likable and sexier than its bolder big sister (original Organza). As always I've come to this game too late so will take Adriana_87's advice and try Kenzo Amour.
Sillage: 2-3 feet: cozy
Durability: 3 hours and counting
Fabulosity: red velvet
Price to value ratio: good

Adriana_87

i have to add,to all of you that wants something similair,try out kenzo amour le parfum(gold botttle)When i wore it was like i wore this one.I think it is the closest match

MDWake8
MDWake8

One of the most memorable bottles to date. It wasn't weighted correctly and had a tendency fall over but what the fragrance lacked in engineering it made up for in scent. Spicy, warm and earthy. Seductive on every sensory level.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I love the use of cinnamon in perfumes. I creates an edge right on opening that helps to elevate any top note quickly. In this case, it accompanied the patchouli with a perfect introduction.

Plum itself is one of those fruits that crosses a few realms: woody, fruity, almost rosey even. For me, this created a sweet fleshy, spiced merlot with a stunningly smooth finish.

The imagery in the bottle and advertising is so relevant to this scent too--the fragrance has a lot of texture like a cascading organza veil and the sillage does become ever so elegantly indecent, revealing itself with quietly seductive determination.

Thank you Calyx for such a beautiful sample.

panterachik
panterachik

Spicy cinnamon and vanilla perfection in a lovely bottle that easily tips over. OI is still my favorite fume and the one that bothers me least (kind of) to spend the big bucks on. I still cant believe this beauty only has five notes! I guess it goes to show that a simple formula done right can produce beautiful results. The kitchen sink need not always apply...

Lady Love
Lady Love

Organza Indecence is one of the most beautiful vanilla fragrance I've ever tried. I know there isn't any vanila or honey note in it, but i feel them. The first other notes out of the bottle are definitely smoky cinnamon, and sweet patchouli accompanied by spices.

Vanila Lovers will die for this fragrance! If you like, Obsession by Calvin Klein, or 'L' by Lolita Lempicka, you must Try Organza Idencence.

¡Gorgeous LastingPower!

mariana
mariana

This one always get me speechless!

One of my absolute favorite scents, and certainly one of best frags ever made. I'm so glad to have it on my collection! ;-) Sweet, warm, potent and has a perfect sillage. I freakin' love the sweet cinnamon on this. UNIQUEEE!!!

frankie22
frankie22

My Christmas present to me!I love this so much more than the Organza.It does open a little like Anne Pliska in the cinnamon/orange department.What I really love is the softer Feminite Du Bois cedar note in the heart.Very wearable.Very nice for this time of year.

This perfume comes most close to 8e Jour from Yves Rocher from all the perfumes that I have. Both are so oriental spicy sweet that they almost can be typed as a gourmand. LOVELY sweet cinnamon. LOVE IT!

Audryna
Audryna

I like this scent very much. It's very incense-y to me, but not the churchy kind - The "I'm gonna seduce you" kind that you light before your date shows up and you're opening the wine so it can breathe. It definitely speaks of a sensual night, a sexy - yet mysterious - black dress and exotic fantasies.
The spicey sweetness of cinnamon, and the fresh earth of patchouli mingle beautifully with a wood note that comes to me as warm and moist, rounding out with a musky - vanilla- amber.

narcotic
narcotic

I'm not entirely sure which vintage of OI i have (it's at least as old as the mid 90s), but I feel extremely grateful to have this thing in a mini-bottle.

With its measured lashings of pepper and cinnamon, Organza Indecence is about as gourmand as an oriental can get without smelling edible. I am no fan of amber but it's done really well here, lifting what's left of the top notes and carrying their vanillic ghosts through to the end. And you won't want it to end, either.

I used to hate these properties as a teen, labelling this perfume as suffocatingly dull and clearly inferior to whatever fruity/floral/aquatic confection du jour I happened to latch onto (I'm looking at you, Gap Dream), but I've come around to it rather than it coming around to me.

Like the original Organza, there's nothing prim or virginal about it (as the fantastically tacky bottle can attest), but there is a definite restraint and structure that suggests its rhythm is more tango than samba. It's a scent for the magic hour, and kind of expectant in its own way. Unconfident wearers need not apply!

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

If you miss INDECENCE so very much, try to get BURBERRY BRIT *GOLD*. I can smell a similarity, but Brit Gold is a hard to find fragrance, because it's discontinued too.

Smooth cinnamon woods with the gloss of vanilla to soften it fading into an ambery musk with a definite but pleasant body note. Sexy and at the same time gourmand without being foody. Not too much cinnamon, for those of us (me, me, me) who really don't like that note in perfume. It is so well blended it works without being a real 'cinnamon' scent. Nice.

guest_Kimberly
guest_Kimberly

You can buy Organza Indecence at Ulta. Just letting you know, because it is hard to find. And on Ebay, they double the price on this one because it is so hard to find.

LadyDi
LadyDi

One of my personal favorites. Rich, winter scent. One of the few that has staying power with my body chemestry. People always ask what I am wearing when using this one. I love the sandalwood and vanilla.

Dark Curls

All i can say is that i absolutely love smelling like this. It smells soo warm, spicy, exotic, and sensual! Love Indecence; so glad i have a bottle of the original juice!!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Heaven in a bottle!

I love deep, rich, caramel scents heavy on the woods & spices. When the air is crisp & the ground is frosty I often yearn for the perfect resinous vanilla-amber ... sometimes Casmir becomes a little too sweet, 114 a little too herbal & fluffy, Ambre Precieux too stuffy, Voile too "perfumey".

When you want your winter amber fix, Indecence is pretty near perfect. It combines depth & sweetness with a heady cinnamon warmth drenched in an almost boozy soaked plum & grounded with an earthy patchouli note. It has good projection and excellent lasting power.

GI is dark, voluptous, rich & sophisticated. A mysterious seductress, dressed to kill, bathing in the winter moonlight.

Thanks to Aysu I got to sample this delight, but now I long to own a bottle....dream on!

Adriana_87

I love this scent too,all lovers of this scent must try out Kenzo Amour Le parfum(gold bottle),it reminds somehow of Organza Indecence..:)

Dark Curls

Mmmmm this smells so spicy and exotic. This is my kind of scent! I am happy I have a bottle of the original juice now. :-)

Dark Curls

i just bought a 15ml bottle on ebay, and it looks to be the original. YAY! Can't wait to get it. Is it only good for cold weather??

ORGANZA INDECENCE really cranks up the spices, so much so that patchouli is overtaken by...cinnamon! Now, whether this spice cake of a perfume is indecent is open to interpretive dispute, but the ORGANZA bottle has become indecent by opening up the woman's long flowing white robe to reveal the naked flesh beneath! (This is so kitsch as to be almost endearing--the only way to improve on it would be to cast it in plastic rather than glass...)

I definitely prefer the more floral ORGANZA opening to the spice festival that is INDECENCE, which seems best suited for the winter holidays--until the soft, woody drydown (which I do like a lot). Again, certainly wearable, but not the first oriental woody that I'd reach for. And entirely decent, IMNSHO!

marielon
marielon

This perfume is the entire disco era in a bottle-- sexy, happy, shiny, slick and beautiful. I saw on one perfume website that Organza is recommended for "romantic" wear-- ummm yeah!! So sad it has been dicontinued-- like the Donna Summer song-- "last chance--for romance!"

guest_original user
guest_original user

don't mind paying 75 bucks for this, but i'll tell you, this marketing ploy is crazy. but, it is working. just go on ebay. where are these people getting their hands on this stuff to sell????? anybody know.????

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Whoa, sugar meltdown! This fragrance is like a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of cinnamon toast that's been drenched in amaretto liquer. Not for the faint of heart! In my opinion, this scent has very good sillage, but it is only tolerable in small doses. Go easy! Only need a few drops.

t for two
t for two

WOW!What a beauty it is this fragrance! Love it! Warm and enveloping fragrance.Cozy like a fireplace ,but SEXY in the same time.Very good siliage, 8 hours and counting..... Now that the weather is cold ,it is perfect to enjoy it !

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Dark and sexy cinnamon plus lots of warm and sensual vanilla! I love the original Organza and I adore Indecence, too. This is the perfect fragrance for colder days - it evokes pictures of a huge fireplace, hot cocoa and Christmas cookies but at the same time it is not an innocent smell at all. It is sexy and cuddly and it has an amazing sillage, too.

lillybee
lillybee

I use Organza Indecence occasionally when I want something similar to Opium but without its complexity. OI has the same main notes but it is so much simpler. Initially, I get a burst of candied vanilla then it almost immediately morphs into a less sweet but more gourmand plum and cinnamon cake with some slightly smokey woods which give it a baked feel.

About half an hour later and hours onwards I oddly get and almondy flavour, which must be the mixture of spices + woods + amber + vanilla combo. It gears towards yummy and vanillic but of course still has its spicy and perfumey edge. Definitely a nights out fragrance but rather for the big, romantic and ceremonial occasions.

Natalia78

What have they done to my favourite perfume!?:< Have you smelled the new version yet? It has hardly anything to do with the first original. Such a shame.
It's been reissued in the same flacon that Givenchy is using for the reissues of Le De and Givenchy III. So, gone is the beautiful flowing evening gown bottle.

9154mf
9154mf

Wow, finally got my hands on a bottle of this original, and I must say I am not disappointed and it is worth most of the hype it's given. It is described as a woody-spicy fragrance; the notes include jacaranda wood (aka palisander or Brazilian rosewood), cinnamon, amber, vanilla and patchouli. The opening is a creamy-rich cinnamon pudding underscored by deep woods; as it dries down, the creaminess fades into dry woodsmoke and ambery vanilla with the lightest little dusting of powder. I kind of got the impression that it was sweet gourmand because of the vanilla, but it is a spicy oriental first and foremost, and actually cinammon is alot more prominent than vanilla in here, its more of a vanilla-feel, due to the gourmand association of cinammon, but if you're looking for a dominant vanilla I wouldn't suggest you buy this. Divine!. It also reminds me for some reason of SL Chergui.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Organza Indecence is definitive a oriental fragrance,it is sweet very warm and creamy.
The beginning reminds me at some serge lutens fragrances,it is very thick and sweet.I smell the cinnamon and the plum, both are very strong notes,after some minutes it becomes a bit lighter and it smells very sensual,a very cozy scent, very good for the wintertime,and it last also very good,few drops are enough!
The Bottle is a dream so wonderful and feminine how the scent, but i thought the scent would be a bit better,it is special but not "so special".
Organza Indecence is great for the evening or special occasions,a very romantic and comfortable fragrance.

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

It's back :) ...
But, it's reformulated :(

The reformulation is a disappointment. It's all plastic, burnt vanilla. Take a cheap vanilla perfume, scorch it, and add rubbing alcohol. It's bad.

Now, the original is great. Cinnamon, vanilla, smokey woods and spice. Very warm, sexy. But. The cost of buying the original is astronomical, over $100 for a 50ml bottle online. The only way I could justify buying this (the original) is if I saw it at someone's garage sale, selling it for cheap, not knowing what it is. This one is great, but finding it is a lost cause.

guest_colleen
guest_colleen

Organza indecence is being sold in Canada at the Bay department store.. Its not the original as I've been told.. Its missing an ingredient..its still made by givinchy, however not the exact recipe.. still smells amazing, but as a long time organza indecence user, I'm alittle disapointed.. Its not long lasting.. But its better than no organza!!!

Adriana_87

This is vanilla at its best!!You can really smell the woods and vanilla mixed together!I just dont understand why they dont make it anymore..They keep on making other terrible smells but stops this wonder..

finally I got the chance to smell this legendary perfume that everybody here seems to be crazy about!
this is really something.just look at the dark mysterious box,then pay attention to the beautiful bottle.I think it's one of top 5 nice bottles of the world that pictures the shape of a female's body with a nice long dress.
going to the notes,at the first sniff,it's very similar to stella in two and eau de star(thierry Mugler),but it's better than both of them.I agree that it's really sophisticated.if you're tired of trying those repetitive floral perfumes,just give a try to this one.it's unique!the later perfumes which are similar,are just inexpert imitations.
I get the warm and provocative scent of cinnamon mixed with patchouli and though I don't like patchouli,this note is great in this fragrance.
if I can describe it in one word I would say:"mysterious"
discontinued?!I don't understand these business affairs.maybe they wanted people to remind it as a legend.

rosaria
rosaria

Organza Indecence is very intense and sensual.Spices,musk,cinnamon and amber notes give it an aura of mystery.I can think of Indian temples and incense in the air.

After being discontinued it is in production again. The new Organza Indecense doesn't come in that beautifull bottle anymore. I don't know if the fragance has been reformulated...I hope not.

I'm glad I still have the old original one which is one of my favorite fragances.

Scent lover
Scent lover

It so much reminds me of Nicolai de Parfums. Plenty of insence & cinnamon. Excellent and I do feel so much pity that it has been discontinued. Its like insence patchouli with cinnamon. Love it.

guest_Lexy
guest_Lexy

Givenchy brought back Organza Indecence!!!! I am so happy. I bought two bottles at Dillard's (online). They changed the bottle but it's still the same incredible frangrance.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I love it. I miss this one..Very warm, like a vanilla cinnamon scent on my skin. I have heard the new version is nothing like the original... Update: I finally found the updated version and have to agree, it's not the same. It tip toes around the original, but doesn't quite have that same charisma. I still love the combination of notes, so I might buy it anyway.

Mals86
Mals86

The first fragrance I ever owned which does not contain any florals. And I usually HATE (Hate! Abhor! Despise!) patchouli... but not here. Here it's the one note that keeps this cinnamon-amber-vanilla-fest from heading off the deep end straight into rice pudding. This scent is warm, with just the right amount of sillage, and it is both long-lasting and surprisingly sexy. I believe it has been reissued in the "Les Parfums Mythiques" collection.

gossamer
gossamer

My #1 fragrance.

I bought this when it first came out and will always love its dark, cinnonmon scent. Sweet and sexy.

I'm so lucky to have bought a couple bottles of it before it went away.

A treasure!

VioletLily
VioletLily

This is my favourite cinnamony scent. An intense fresh cinnamon stick. Then soft woods, patchouli and cinnamon. Slightly powdery with the amber I think, and then the sweet vanilla swirling in. Actually, it’s a bit too sweet for a while and almost cloying, which puts me off slightly, but suddenly it goes all soft and warm and a smidgen like vanilla cinnamon ice cream. Mmmm, so golden and sexy. I love it. And what glorious sillage!!! A spicy cinnamon vanilla haze.

andreacrm
andreacrm

I just Love it! Unfortunately I didn´t know before it was discontinued that it would happen or I would have bought tons of it. =) I´m still looking for some perfume like it.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

scandalous,erotic,sexy,warm,enticing.
there are no words to describe this perfume,it's like a poem!

katyas
katyas

This is one of my early favorites - I saw a magazine ad way back when it was first introduced and fell in love with the scent. However, I didn't manage to actually get any until 2002 - I would say the wait was worth it, except that by the time I started looking for more, it had been discontinued! :-( I see that there is a Givenchy Mythiques line Indecence that was supposedly released in the last year - is that a remake? Is it available in the states? If so, where? I haven't seen it anywhere but here.

Anyway, I love the woody, spicy mix of this perfume, and I also love the way a relatively small spritz will last all day long. I have managed to procure a bottle of "body veil" glittering lotion, too, although I found when I layered them that the scent became a bit much. I plan to do future experimentation along those lines. This is definitely my favorite in the Givenchy line and I do hope they have reissued it!

canela69
canela69

I like this perfume, it's so sexy!!!

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

This is a beautiful perfume. If you love vanilla and amber, this is one you absolutely have to try. It is a warm, comforting scent that somehow still manages to be sexy (guess that's the musk in the drydown). A staple in my perfume wardrobe and one that begs to be worn in cold weather.

queenkey
queenkey

This fragrance has been one constant in its form as a body cream that has stayed true to its sillage. I love this as a "fall" or "winter" scent. It's wonderful. I still seem to smell some type of fruit in it! Is it me or is there a hidden note? A very lonely evening addition.

SandraS
SandraS

I love this fragrance. To me it feels like a warm blanket wraping me. Wears very well so you don't get tired of it half way throught the day. Is was a gift and I wear it only on special occasions.

On my skin is mostly the base notes along with the cinammon that stands out, which is great since i love the semll. The staying power is great and the sillage is just perfect... not too strong and not too faint.
A classique for me.

natissimo
natissimo

can anyone advise me any perfume, smelling like this one? Unfortunately, Organza is unavailable in my country :( and i love it sooo much...

ladysuean
ladysuean

This perfume is so sexy!!

girlsrideharleys2
girlsrideharleys2

I have searched high and low for this fragrance and finally found this at Ulta. The price is a little steep but I had to have this in my collection. Perfect cozy scent for cooler weather. Almost gourmand-like scent. Love it ;)

Natalia78

Her majesty vanilla in disguise.I love that fragrance.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I think this has taken its place in my top 5 favorite perfumes. It's incredible, sexy, sensual, sophisticated, and for me, it's perfect. It has a lot of warm vanilla, and a good amount of spices. Mostly vanilla with an undertone of cinnamon. It's romantic. Very strong and long lasting, too! Unfortunately, I think this is discontinued? Not sure, but it's expensive. It's a must have for me...

Naamah66
Naamah66

It's my favourite fragrance! I love OI, and I think that she is the most beautiful parfum :-)

2007
caribou55313
caribou55313

scandalously spicy, nearly edible!

2007

Organza Indecence by Givenchy 4.34 out of 5 based on 880 ratings and 160 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Organza Indecence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Organza Indecence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Organza Indecence by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Organza Indecence by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.