Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Pi Givenchy for men
dislike

I have it: 1536 I had it: 886 I want it: 885 My signature: 32

almond
Pi Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Givenchy for men Pictures

Oriental woody perfume Pi by the house of Givenchy is excellent for eternal explorers and fans of sensual experiments. Its geometric bottle with perfectly clear lines contains a woody, sensual scent. Basil, rosemary, tarragon and neroli introduce freshness into this generally warm, oriental composition with an accentuated strong note of Guaiac wood standing in union with balmy notes of vanilla, tonka and benzoin resin. The perfume was created by Alberto Morillas in1998.

There are several successors of this edition. Their bottles were designed similarly, with an exception of modern and futuristic Pi Neo perfume from 2008. The bottle for Pi was created by Serge Mansau.

The successors of perfume Pi from 1998 are the following: Pi Fraiche 2001, Pi Metallic Collector 2004, Pi Original Code 2006, Pi Leather Jacket 2006 and Pi Neo from 2008.

Their composition opens with aromas of basil, rosemary, tarragon and mandarin. A heart encompasses neroli, geranium, lily of the valley and anise, while base notes include: vanilla, tonka, cedar, benzoin, almond and yellow sugar.

Rosemary Mandarin Orange Tarragon Basil

Neroli Geranium Lily-of-the-Valley Anise

Tonka Bean Almond Benzoin Vanilla Brown Sugar Cedar

Pi Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

When first sprayed intense benzoin and citrus, woodsy aroma. It then settles into a sweet, heady yet comforting vanilla liqueur. Yummy. Warm and sweet. It is like a slap and a feather pillow all at once, or one followed by the other. Unusual but an all round great fragrance. It will last a while too and is fairly strong so a sparingly do kinda scent.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Pi is one of my first fragrances and I cannot believe that I haven't reviewed this one long-ago. In a nutshell, Pi is a sweet, warm, vanilla scent with a touch of almonds and tonka bean; it's extremely gourmand and very nice. Pi (not the latest reformulation) lasts a good 8-hours on my skin and the projection is about average. It makes a perfect night-in/cuddle scent.

I used to love this one--a lot--but I must confess that it has fallen-out of favor in recent times. I still like it, but I just don't love it. There's nothing wrong wit this fragrance, it's just that my tastes have changed and I am now into much deeper, darker, spicier, woodier and oudier type fragrances. Although Pi has been moved to my shelf of unloved/unused fragrances, my daughters love it and use it often. Pi is down-the-line unisex and the ladies can wear this one with absolutely no trouble. Still a solid like.

11/20/2014

Smelly old man
Smelly old man

Short and sharp here, a blind buy after reading reviews about silage and longevity as I look for those qualities ,well as much as I have tried to get the above it ain't happening splash on many times yet I get maybe 10 minutes then 'poof ' it's gone , should I persevere ?

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

A sugary, lolly water concoction that I would suspect a five-year-old girl to like more than a grown man. Vanilla, sugar, a touch of almond. That is all. My experience was with the reformulated version so maybe the original was better, but there should be a warning on this bottle that says, "Using this may give you diabetes." Ambivalent about the bottle design.

SeanSavage
SeanSavage

Givenchy Pi is a soft, warm, and simple fragrance.

In my opinion, this could be considered a unisex scent.

This fragrance would be perfect for sitting by the fireplace with your lover during a cold, winter night.

The vanilla dry down is amazing.

Also, I get very good longevity. 8-9 hours.

3.5/5.

ellina1984
ellina1984

This has an aromatic quality that, for me, makes it masculine. Other than that, I smell a very synthetic, screechy bitter almond. Not to my liking, unfortunately.

Telfo05
Telfo05

nice smell. not sure about how long it lasts though, but strong at first. very sweet but this is good

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

My girlfriend purchased me this on my birthday the first year we began dating, when I began getting into fragrances. I debated between this and Pi Neo, I chose this because it smelled richer, more refined, Pi Neo smelled like everything else on the market to me at the time.

I love the gourmand fragrance that Pi is, I definitely get a feel of the aura of when this fragrance was made and dated back. A classic scent from the Givenchy House. I waited all year for the cold to creep in so that I could wear this scent, but alas my taste for fragrances has shifted. The vanilla in this fragrance is of a smokey one, not mixed with tobacco but instead tonka. I feel a sugar rush when I wear this scent, projection and longevity for this guy is a beast, no doubt. I get a good 8-10 hours, and with my 50 ml bottle sprays, I get huge projection.

To conclude, I've given this scent back to the very person who gifted me it; my girlfriend. I find that this would be completely breathtaking and delicious on her. Let's see how it is when she wears it, every scent leaves a memory and leads to a new adventure.

Sam58
Sam58

بوي بسيار شيريني داره،مقدار زيادي وانيل بهمراه عسل..كلا بوي خيلي شيكي و گرمي داره ولي شباهت زيادي به بوي عطرهاي زنونه داره،اما اينطور نيست كه كسي فكر كنه عطر زنونه زديد.ماندگاريش هم بالاست،در كل اكثر افرار ميپسندن.

seachase
seachase

I realize this cologne didn't arrive until 1998, but, if I had to choose ONE scent that reminds me of the 80's, this would be it.
It seems my parents used to drag me to every Mall across America when I was a kid, and this is the distinct smell I remember from every one of them.
It's not an offensive smell, but I feel it's just way too vanilla-sweet for men, especially if you prefer spicy/woodsy scents.
I can definitely accept females wearing this, specifically females that like a retro vibe.

Scent - 5
Longevity - 9
Sillage - 8

madmax

Smells EROTIC. Smells different. Love it. Longevity 9/10.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Warm, sweet, and still masculine. A nice, cozy scent, though I can't say it rocked my world. It's missing a little "oomph!" Maybe a little more of a woody edge would be nice.

It's much softer and more airy than I imagined, almost watery. But soft is better than cloying any day.

This is a good choice, guys.

archivist
archivist

This may be the only vanilla I've ever smelled that feels like it would be worn by a woman who has an edge. It's sweet and feminine, but has a really masculine cologne start right out of the gate (give it time). After that, this becomes a fantastic vanilla without any booze, bourbon, heaviness, dolly baby candy girlishness, or tryhard so-sexy-yum-yum. This. This is the vanilla that says "I had to get extra pages for my passport, know krav maga, own five hand-tailored white button-down shirts, and sleep on thick silk sheets that you will probably never, ever have the joy of knowing. My last lover was a horse trainer in Turkmenistan with whom no verbal communication was possible, and that was pretty great." In other words, it's kind of an intimidating, icy vanilla. Valkyrie perfume. Just. Fantastic.

Catty
Catty

I really don´t care if it´s a male scent!!!

I love vanilla, and this scent together with Allure femme are the best vanilla scents ever.

In fact, I think it´s too sweet for a man. This has definetly a female vibe.

Very sensual and classy...pure old School!

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

Givenchy PI = JPG Gaultier2 + CK Obsession

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

Pi is the fragrance I turn to when i need a pick me up. It is probably one of the best vanilla fragrances on the market that has been marketed towards men (but then again- you should always wear what you like- fuck marketing!) and It's simply addictive. The composition is very sweet, powdery, a bit woody and slightly musky on my skin but overall it is a very nice and sophisticated take on vanilla.

On my skin this is straight up vanilla, with a hint of booze and an almost aromatic opening Pi definitely provides something interesting whenever I wear it. The Vanilla, Sugar, Almond, Tonka are incredibly intense on my skin- it's sweet! sweet! sweet! but this is a sweet fragrance that is wearable and incredibly sophisticated. On my skin there is a hint of cedar and all those beautiful aromatic notes but they soon disappear and surrender to the vanilla type notes which take control and run the show.

The lasting power on my skin is fantastic, I've worn this both during warm and cold weather and the fragrance performed really well but did a lot better in winter than it did in summer. Overall this is just a fantastic fragrance and i'm so happy to own a bottle of this.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Let's go back to 1998, when Alberto Morillas (creator of award-winning fragrances to countless brands) conceived this scent. The first thing that comes to my mind is: "this man was definitely ahead of his time".

I can remember the first time I tried this fragrance, when it arrived in the main stores in the country (Brazil), with the certainty that was very sweet and almost feminine. And because of that, I met just a few men who have worn Pi over the years. The fragrance was reformulated (I think between 2001/2002), but remains strong and sweet. However, users of the original versions (there are reports of EDP bottles sold in Europe, apart from EDT, sold in the rest of the world) claim that the current does not hold a candle to the original, which combined notes of orange blossom, vanilla, sugar, almonds, etc.
According to the manufacturer (and with my tester bottle), the current EDT version brings, on the output, notes of Mandarin, galbanum, a touch of Basil and pine needles oil (fresh-woody aroma); infinium oil (a catalyzing agent, based on the barley), in the heart; Ironwood (from the tree of the Sonoran Desert) and benzoin crystals, in the base.

When touches the skin, the fragrance is cloying and medicinal. Also, tends more towards the feminine side and, therefore, is easily sharable. During the initial hour, exudes a lot. Then, becomes calmer and creamy, with gourmand aspect and vanilly aroma, resulting from the benzoin. It’s a fragrance called by many as mutant, what attracts me as a user and, above all, as reviewer.

Worth explaining that Pi is a constant, an irrational number that cannot be written as a finite number or repeating decimals. Its bottle was inspired by the pyramid of knowledge and, currently, is more translucent.
To sum up, it is no longer the same sweet and rich in vanilla fragrance, also became more synthetic, but is still powerful and, dare I say, more masculine than before.

Mike Peters
Mike Peters

I read a lot of people writing that this is a so so fragrance. Upon applying, yes, it's an unusual scent that will lead to such opinions (Musky). However, after the dry down, (about and hour) it's absolutely amazing. It's a very smooth and intoxicating scent. It lasts on me all day and into the next.

Great fragrance!

antihero
antihero

I am a woman and thoroughly enjoy Pi. "Sweet Nothing", said Mr. Turin. Well, there is more going on with this. Basil (great), also the almond, benzoin, vanilla and the immensely pleasant drydown of cedar. The note that threw me was rosemary; unexpected. Final verdict: I really like this. Lasts forever. A lot more depth than I expected. Well done.

Note: I initialy misquoted Mr. Turin and have corrected it. My apologies.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

The male equivalent of Organza - sweet vanilla powdery, spicy but with masculine herbal overtures.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

I smelled this at the mall and honestly I was worried about smelling it. Because each time I hear "old man scent" I know I'm not going to like it. Especially when I think of Aramis for men. But honestly I'm 18 and when I smelled it, for some odd reason I was reminded of D&G The One for men. Which was somewhat shocking to me now since I compared the notes. Then again I had smelled like 10 different fragrances before I smelled this one.
So before I put this on my "to get" list I'll try it again.

CUMTHRU$T0MPN!
CUMTHRU$T0MPN!

when I first smelled pi, I wasn't big on it. not sure why. I think biggest reason was it didn't smell right on my skin. Today, still doesn't smell right on me but I like the scent much more than I originally thought. like previous poster said, don't wear in summer time

Edit: This is too feminine for me to wear, i think it would be best on a dyke.

camposg
camposg

Very rich fragrance, liniar, sweet, and sensual. This is really good stuff I would put up there with the main players. Yes it's pure vanilla but very manly and done right. I believe this if for a mature man over 40

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Sweet vanilla goodness- Rich, yet linear
______________________________________

Purchased Givenchy Pi after roughly two smells of it from different testers.

Here is my take on this fragrance:

Pleasant. Sweet. Vanilla goodness...somewhat linear.
Although I greatly enjoy the scent that is put off from Pi, I must give attention to its quite linear nature of spouting an intense smell from the gate of an aromatic vanilla, to the dwindled scent it later produces of much the same. It starts off strong, and keeps giving this same scent, just in a diminished form.
The scent is not bad at all. I find it quite enjoyable and alluring. It just lacks...variation. And complexity.
Buy, try or pass? Definitely TRY, but I'm sure most will BUY after they smell the aromatic sweet vanilla produced by one or two sprays from this creatively made bottle.
Spray recommendations: one to the chest, two to the neck, and done. This thing projects well, and lasts for a long while, so don't overdo it on the trigger.
Best wear times: Spring, fall, winter. Summer it might grow a little cloying, so be wary. It is a fairly safe scent, and can be worn just about any time- informal or formal.

Longevity: 8/10 (8+ hrs of wear)
Projection: 8/10 (Hold a good cloud for 2-3 hours)
Versatility: 7/10 (Most seasons, but summer)
Smell: 6/10 (Sweet, yet linear and lacking of any different notes throughout)

P.S. A little shoutout for another cologne- this smells reminiscently alike to 24 Gold, by Scent Story, but quite dumbed down in comparison. If you have had the pleasure of wearing 24 Gold, this smells similar in the top notes, but is much less intricate. While 24 Gold comes across as Vanilla, Amber and smoky, this retains much of the vanilla scent throughout, without the added goodness.

meroo
meroo

I remember more than 10 years ago I was amazed by this perfume. It smells very nice but now for me it's a bit old and unoriginal. Many perfumes smell almost the same and some of them are cheap low quality perfumes. Zegna forte also smells similar.

I wouldn't buy it now and I don't recommend it unless you are into "old" mature perfumes.

JoeOM
JoeOM

A really nice fragrance. Not much to it but that's the beauty.

Lovely and sweet, slightly bitter and balsamic and lots of powdery vanilla.

Could be worn any time without causing offence. I have had a few compliments with this.

This fragrance is long-lasting but far too sweet for my taste.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

It would have been nice to have a pre-reformulation version of this based on how highly everybody praises it but since that is not possible I can only relate to the current formulation which is the one I own and the only one I have smelled. I find it quite nice and if the original formulation was much better than this the, WOW, it must have been a real gem.

At any rate the current formulation is a very sweet mix of sugar notes, vanilla, and almond. I don't get much if any floral at all. It's a confectiony sweet gourmand that reminds me of the marshmallow filling in a Rocky Road candy bar.

Thus far I have not met an Alberto Morillas creation that I did not love. He seems to have a knack for putting together some really pleasing scents.

Longevity and projection are both respectable. I get a good solid 2 hours of projection before it subsides into a skin scent and it stays close to the skin for another 2 to 3 hours after that.

I give it a solid recommendation and especially since you can find the 50 ml bottles quite easily for around $30 USD.

ALSO, if anyone feels so generous to dispense a small sample decant of the original formula Pi and send it to me, feel free to send me a PM. HAHA! ;-)

Thomaso7
Thomaso7

I got it a while back, probably like 10 years ago now, so sometime around 2004. and to me it used to smell like an image of going into a sweet cookie smelling coffee shop filled with roasted almonds and hazelnuts and a fireplace going. It still does - it is very rich smelling. When I got it I was not so into it, because it did not feel like there were many occasions or times to wear it, but now it seems better, and I know how and when to use it. My major gripe with it though, is that it doesn;t go through any evolutions. It remains the same exact scent from beginning to end.
I think it is a wintertime scent for sure, and it does work even in the cold. I wore it some days last winter and it worked nice, it stuck around and I could smell it. Works nice in the fall too, especially in the evening or at night.
It's not really a casual perfume, you at least need a dark button shirt and pants, or a dark coat.

Marco Cappelli
Marco Cappelli

Pure sweetness, I love it!!! It's like the perfection to me, I've heard talking about reformulations, I don't know which one I got but it simply smells great. I really suggest that everyone should give it a sniff. It's like the thing I'd like everything to smell of!!!

Johnsoa1
Johnsoa1

I just got a sample for my husband and can't stop thinking that it reminds
me of Samsara? Am I crazy?..

SMELLY1992
SMELLY1992

Received a sample of it I'm trying right now... omgggg soooo yummy! So delicious! So sweet! So french! will purchase it real soon!

toto453
toto453

Too caramel/vanilla for me. This is not a female scent but not male scent enough too...there are better male perfumes in this category.

martindhunt
martindhunt

This juice is a little bit of heaven!

Sharkington
Sharkington

I originally tried this on myself one night out of curiosity since I had a small sample of it and fell in love. I could not get over how great this smelled - and even though this is a men's cologne, I could even see how some women might enjoy this when wanting a more masculine scent. As for me, I will be getting this one for my boyfriend in hopes he likes it enough to wear it often. By far the best cologne I have smelled to date.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

got this for the man in my life, he's already halfway through the bottle! #win

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

When has a reformulation ever worked? And why do they do it? Is it to save money? I discovered a sample from about 2003 and compared it to the partially used bottle I recently bought, what a vast difference. The original is bursting with sweet power. The new stuff isn't bad but a bit chemical, but still very sugary sweet, still like it.

MyNoseKnowsThose
MyNoseKnowsThose

Great frag! A definite MUST in any collection.

paulhunter
paulhunter

Sexy and sweet. The vanilla and sugar mix very naturally yet benzoin keeps this balanced. I must have an old formulation because mine is quite strong. Safe, enjoyable, and compliment-getting but lacks savory notes. If this had a woodier base it would be on my love list.

HausFrau
HausFrau

This is bar none my favorite fragrance on a man- and I can't get enough of it myself either. It's so sweet and deep, and mixed with my husband's chemistry makes me go WILD. I can't keep my face out of his neck when he wears this, or my own nose off of my wrist when I wear it. Truly delicious. I have an old bottle and a new one, and don't detect a difference really? Good thing too, I would be sad if it lost potency.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I have the vintage which of course is a vanilla/benzoin/Tonka bomb. Extremely gourmand and unisex. Best for cooler weather as it is very cloying in the heat.

400blows
400blows

Was absolutely captivated by this when it first came into existence. I meant to acquire it, but other priorities overarched. It's been years since I got a whiff, and I hope it's as beautiful as it was. Talk of reformulations worries me. Equally, positive reviews here are really gratifying to read, to feel there are like-minded people out there. Nothing useful really to add except that Pi was like a giant among pygmies when it first arrived, with all that delicious power. Looking forward to trying it again sometime and seeing whether there are intriguing surprises in store.

enocg21
enocg21

Agree with the last couple of guys. The new formulation is not good at all. If You had the original one you'll see the difference right from the opening. Really disappointed with this reformulation. At one point used to be my #1 go to fragrance.

arzacu
arzacu

I have the od formulation bottle and still have a little amount on it. I've had it for... maybe 5 or 6 years and still smell incredible sweet and warm, and lasts forever... This has nothing to do with the new reformulated version, has lost the power and good sillage it used to have...

Armadilo
Armadilo

I have to agree with dan_d. I got this perfume for my birthday and i am dissapointed.. It has the best smell of all perfumes but longevity and sillage is really bad.. I use 5-6 sprays on my skin and clothes and no one can feel it.. I expexted more from Givenchy house and from 80€ perfume. Package is from 2013...

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Givenchy Pi is the fragrance equivalent of comfort food for me. And as far as comfort food goes, it's like a warm, sweet dessert covered with a delicious sticky, syrupy topping.

In this fragrant treat the key scent ingredients are the aromas of molten caramelised sugar, nutty toasted almonds and authentic vanilla - like fresh, moist beans that have just been scooped out of the vanilla pod.

Needless to say, Pi is certainly a sweet dish (and probably high in calories). It's about as sweet as I can go with a fragrance. But the presence of the other spices, the cedar and the citrus ensure it doesn't become cloying and give it an almost boozy quality.

It's also right on the feminine edge of the spectrum for me. In fact, my partner loves to anoint herself with Pi as much as I do. Possibly the most masculine thing about it is the astronaut dude in the ads.

But that doesn't change in the slightest how much I love this awesome fragrance. Givenchy Pi is a comforting antidote that brings some wonderful warmth to a cool autumn or winter's day.

dan_d
dan_d

I bought the recent formulation (production: may 2013). Love the almond & vanilla! So unique!

BUT sillage is really bad. I used 5 sprays (1x hair, 2x shirt, 2x neck). No one can smell it (i asked people). The reformulation is extremely soft. There's no projection!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Fascinating.......

I agree with the first reviewer who stated Pi is almost feminine! Very appealing - and also not too sweet. I don't typically enjoy perfume containing sugar as a note, but this is a happy exception.

The drydown contains a smoky quality that's highly addictive. Excellent longevity.

Recommended!

Update - The extended drydown becomes sweeter by the hour.... so perhaps Pi is too cloying on me after all. But a gorgeous and memorable perfume all the same.

Still highly recommended!

aleksandar.dragas6

Nice, warm, vanilla-sugar scent.. I like it a lot but would like to find pre-reformulated one!

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

@fighter ... Another note of sugar can be found in CH MEN, which is like soft chamois leather, lightly dusted with icing sugar and a whisper of nutmeg. Mmmmm...

Riobard
Riobard

When i first smelled this i was kinda upset but my nosewas not mature at the time,this now is one of my top 5 best designers.

masak389
thank you! I was afraid of that. I had this experience with a*men, I can't believe what are they doing with these fantastic fragrances!

@alexandar.drag

Dear blogger, Sadly I must say you that this precious composition as well as many others has been highly reformulated and this is why nowadays proyection and longevity had nothing to compare with what it was.
Tonca Beans (coumarin) has been highly restricted (this explains the continuos version releases of Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male), and also benzoin concentration has been decreased in order to maintain the economic profit.

If you are looking for the original good product, you should look for the box with highlighted in the drawings as shown in the small photo at the top.

aleksandar.dragas6

Does anyone knows if this was reformulated? mine is form january 2013. I sprayed it on my hand and it is not strong at all, I expected something like a*men or DHI, but I can barely smell it :( anyone same problem?

fighter
fighter

I am surprised to see sugar listed in a male fragrance. If you are a man and you love gourmand female perfumes this can be a nice compromise if you like sweets notes but still searching for a more masculine vibe. It's great and despite being a cologne it stands long and well projected.

The only thing that I don't like is the bottle...

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

I love it, its my signature in winter, warm and sweet, good projection but not overpowering.
Its just one of my favourite scents.

papito28
papito28

I'm so happy to have this bottle in my collection. Is sweetness girls love this stuff.

I get so many compliments when i put this on.

Scent 10/10
Projection 8/10
Longevity 10/10

I love this juice and its always in my rotation.

JustSmellGood
JustSmellGood

A very sweet gourmand with a thick and heavy sugary vanilla aroma. Could possibly pass as a uni-sex fragrance. I much prefer these types of gourmand fragrances over the thicker and heavier Thierry Mugler ones. Projection and longevity are both above-average.

GRADE = C

Niven
Niven

Watch out - you might get diabetes if you smell Pi too long. Way too sweet.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

On me this doesn't smell like Body Kouros at all (That's the interesting thing about fragrances, they smell different on everyone)

On my skin all I get from this is ultra sweet and powdery vanilla, almonds and sugar. Reminds me a bit of Le Male minus the mint and lavender... not necessarily a bad thing.

To be honest though, I think this is a bit too feminine and so I usually won't wear this out in public. Definitely unisex, I would certainly find this attractive on a girl.

kamie
kamie

it's a VERY sensual fragrance without a doubt, but it's reminding me of another fragrance...hmmm, what was it?...ha!! Body Kouros by YSL!! ...yes, after spraying Pi on my left hand and Body kouros On the right hand, now I can confidently say they are almost identical...trust me! I'm so surprised no body has pointed it out here before!!
now i have 2 very very very similar fragrances only made by different companies in different bottles:(

=================
بسیار بسیار شبیه بادی کوروس از ایو سن لورن هست، بوش عالیه، ولی اگه اینو زودتر میدونستم نمیخریدمش، چون بادی کوروس رو داشتم

Christina0065
Christina0065

This is soooooooo sexy!!!!! :) <3

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This cologne has been around a while but is still a good cologne. Sweet notes with a good base and many women adore this one as well. Nice addition to the collection. The comment section speaks for itself!!

Jay T
Jay T

J'ai aimé Givenchy Pi depuis le premier moment j'ai senti qu'il. Il fait une telle impression sur moi que je me souviens de chaque détail de quand j'ai rencontré il en 1999. J'étais à un barbecue, je parlais avec mon ami appelé Coco, je faisais face au nord, le soleil était chaud sur le dos de mon cou, je mangeais une côtelette de porc. Et puis je sentais il ! Je n'ai pas perdu mon enthousiasme pour elle depuis. Je pense qu'il est si délicieux, la fève de Tonka, le sucre brun et d'amande est tellement belle combinaison.

J'étais dans un magasin récemment et je regardais un groupe d'adolescents essayer de Cologne. Ils se comportaient machiste mais quand j'ai suggéré ce qu'ils n'ont pas hésité à le fait qu'il est un peu femine. J'adore, j'adore, j'adore cette odeur.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Smells a lot (it has good projection) but at the same time it's not annoying, it's a soft smell, very sublime. Actually I didn't like it before, but today I wore it and find it heavenly. Maybe it's not the type of fragrance that will project power or coolness or something like that, but definitely smells beautiful. Good if you want to project, as a man, sensibility, an aesthetic side, in other words, if you want to show your feminine side and are not afraid of doing so.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Comforting Vanilla-Tonka-Benzoin Trio...

I'm slowly ditching all my designer fragrances and replacing them with niche ones. I have developed this intolerance for the more generic, for-the-masses, designer fragrances due to their common department store DNA.

However, Givenchy Pi is one of the few exceptions. I don't find it generic at all. Pi gives you this comforting, warm and pleasant combination of vanilla, Tonka bean, bezoin, brown sugar and almond that is perfect for this time of the year (late autumn and winter). These ingredients are not unique but they are mixed in the right proportion and combination. PI is very well made. When I wear it, I get complements. I have never received a single negative reaction from anybody, but the contrary. It is very easy going, semi-gourmand (never cloying), and just elegant.

I get above average silage and duration.

I highly recommend it.

gabriel.acosta

I had this perfume and I went to the store to buy a new one today, I tried various perfumes among them was: Salvatore Ferragamo F Black, Azzaro Chrome, Carolina Herrera Chic, Hugo Boss Boss in Motion, Thierry Mugler A*Men, Ck Free, Perry Ellis 360 red, Hugo Boss XY, Paco Rabanne XS, L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense, Etc. I wanted to try something new, but I did not like any of those fragrances and I had to buy again Givenchy Pi, Pi is a delicious fragrance and sexier than all fragrances mentioned.

warlockss
warlockss

just got this in .smells good , smells really light , powdery . Vanilla and almond is the centre of attention here .SO what does it smell like ? To me it just smells like Rochas Man a stronger version of rochas man . i also smell a little cuppucino coffee in there , its a pretty good safe blind buy scent . smells really good i keep smelling my arm . you would need a few good sprays to project on this one . 4.5 out of 5

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

This is somewhat a stronger more gourmand men's version or Sensi.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Disappointed with this one. Such rave reviews of golden, orangey, amaretto deliciousness....

I just smelled pine needles and cheap bakewell tarts, the kind you buy in a box of six at the supermarket, with really thick chewy icing and little maraschino cherries on top....
I didn't feel any freshness from the mandarin, or from the top note herbs. It was mostly just flat, doughy sweetness with a hint of pine.

Granted the bottle I was testing with was almost empty and possibly a bit stale, but I was far from impressed, especially since, before testing this, I had sprayed Kilian's "Back to Black" on my other hand. The quality and depth of the almond note far surpassed that of Pi, to the point where I thought if I couldn't afford to do this right, I wouldn't do it at all.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

You are finally in my hands!

First of all, let me tackle the presentation. The box is alright in terms of aesthetics, although it does have a nice feel to it. As for the bottle, it is a piece of art. The back of the bottle has a texture that represents the scent in every aspect, which I will touch on. It even has this unique stopper which makes it look absolutely phenomenal. In short, the bottle is one of the best in the business.

Givenchy Pi is a revolutionary fragrance in the men's section, as it was one of the earlier gourmands out there. The opening gives me a sweet vanilla aura with some light herbacious scents from the tarragon and anise. When it dries down, things start to get a little more interesting, and that's where the bottle design comes into play. The texture on the back of the bottle represents the scent of caramelized and almost burnt sugar, and the fragrance definitely gives off that kind of vibe along with the vanilla. In the base, an almond note joins the concoction and gives the fragrance a milky/nutty vibe. It's quite beautiful actually.

Rarely do fragrances do well on my skin, but this one lasts and lasts. It also projects extremely well but in a light manner, if that makes sense. It leaves this very inviting scent trail which definitely turns heads. I walked by a couple of girls the day I bought it and I heard them saying that I smelled amazing. That was probably my first indirect compliment from strangers. I can see this being a woman magnet.

This can also be a unisex fragrance, as many other people have also said. In fact, it would be nice if a woman always smelled of Givenchy Pi.

Buy/Try/Pass: I would say try it out because it is not for everybody. If you love sweet fragrances, buy it.

In my opinion, this is truly a masterpiece.

Yohji
Yohji

Just arrived to me today, I thought will give it away for husband from Santa, but...sadly - NO WAY!!
I want to own it by my own...

Its so soft sparkly with my favourite basil, mandarin and rosemary-neroli!!!
Aftertaste - almond, bensoin, cedar, brown sugar and vanilla!!!
Maybe if husband will behave I will let him to use it once. Or twice..
Heaven bottle, sensual, magnetic smell.
Alberto Morillas, bravo!

altair
altair

The BEST perfume ever created (forgive me Aqua di Parma - Mandorlo di Sicilia! but, you are too expensive!). I am a woman and in my 30s and this is MY perfume!

yousseforion
yousseforion

great one

palebunny
palebunny

I first discovered and fell in love with this fragrance when I was a preteen. Givenchy Pi is an absolutely droolworthy, sexy, rich, swoon-inducing fragrance I would dream about wafting from the boys and men of my past. Delicious, I could just gobble anyone up who wears this. Would be lovely on women, also.

Krupp
Krupp

Pi Givenchy is just wonderful and I get a strange happy feeling wearing it! It smells soft, creamy, delicate and fresh at the same time. The duration is pretty good. The spread is not large, thus Pi is a kind of a sweet secret, a warm breath close to your skin.

RozzerX
RozzerX

Nice fragrance but way too strong for me, reminds me a bit of habit rouge.

Lali_7
Lali_7

I remember I got a sample of this perfume along with other ones for women. As it didn't state anywhere 'pour homme' I assumed it must be for women as well. I loved it! I thought 'wow they finally made such scent for women'. And then when I looked it up and realized it's actually for men I was a little shocked. It's really sweet but not in a typical women's version of sweet; no flowers or berries. It has a rich smell. When I actually met a guy who owned a bottle of this fragrance, I'd spritz myself whenever I had the occasion to do so.

Ayola83
Ayola83

This would be the only scent my boyfriend and I would fight over, so I have to buy this one for myself! Smelled this once every so often over a number of years and it's getting hard to find now in a store. I love the vanilla and brown sugar note in this...it lasts and lasts, and it definitely has a warm, creamy drydown that makes this cologne so...sweet, like creme brulee.

jivanshi
jivanshi

Ice cream! If this is not gourmand, I don't know what is. Pi smells exactly like delicious vanilla nutty ice cream, especially in the drydown, with real sugar, a bit caramelized. Makes me want to lick my arm. Good projection and decent sillage, even though it's not very strong, it projects for at least 4 hours, 16 hours later it still makes my mouth water sniffing half an inch from the skin. But this photorealistic ice cream smell is its own demise - I can't bring myself to give it a full wear, the whiffs would kill me in ice cream craving agony. Still, this smells so good, I would eventually toughen up and buy a full bottle. Definitely unisex, I would love this on a girl.
PS: Just for the record: sample purchased last week, the current formula.

Idlehands

just bought my second bottle of this. I feel like I'm ready for it this time around. I don't know why in didn't instantly find the beauty in this the first time around. maybe it was the wrong season. but now I tell you, I LOVE it. it smells classy and romantic. it is sorta unisex in its sweetness. vanilla but not sickening. it's such a well rounded scent. if you are on the fence just pull the trigger. if at first you don't like it, try a bunch of other frags that all smell the same and you will be crawling back to PI. it really is a special scent. fall/winter for sure though. am truly in love with it.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I am a woman and I absolutely love this fragrance. It's absolutely intoxicating. Warm spicy ... love love love ... definately unisex, in my opinion. <3

freddinos
freddinos

Now this is a true unisex scent (do you hear me Mr Ford?) Its herbal opening shouldn't scare you ladies off, after 10 minutes you will be in amaretto-almond sweet heaven! Got for my husband, keeping for myself:)

thegreekone
thegreekone

Spicy and delicious Scent with great lasting power.Elegant and classy.

mxp231
mxp231

I tried this yesterday and it smelled overwhelmingly like baby diapers. I guess I am guilty of judging a book by its cover, so I will head back to Macy's and give it another try:)

roll4fun
roll4fun

Test spritz at the mall got off to a good start as I caught a pleasant whiff of initial aroma of basil and the right ammount of counteracting notes.

However, after walking out of store for a break, arm sniff smelled too much like a womans perfume for my preference. As to exactly what did it, maybe the strong brown sugar, and benzoin notes pushed this frag into "skip buying" territory. Overall odor had a certain anteseptic stiffness to it.

Pi does have good projection and longevity- still going strong after 5 hours, though drydown settled more firmly into almost a vanilla only scent. By then it was scrub down shower time for me.

lemonzest
lemonzest

Pi creates an instant pounding headache. Being around it is like being trapped in a hot car in which someone spilled a pourable bottle of Liquid Gold furniture polish and a vial of vanilla extract and some cheap cologne. Guys wear it at the gym and I have to change treadmills to keep from puking. I really hate Pi, yet adore most Givenchy scents, especially L'Interdit for me.
The best men's scent is L'Occitane Lemon Verbena. If you are a guy looking for a scent women will love, try it. But watch out because that one is so good your girlfriend may try to steal it from your bathroom. L'Occitane Baux is good when it's very cold outside, but Lemon Verbena is always excellent. My public service announcement.

tuky
tuky

No wonder it names PI.
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288… I have lost in numbers...
The parfume is masculine but ambiguous feminine, it is kinda unique but so familiar and so personal, it's like I know this parfume before PI was discovered and Pi before Pi.
It is a fragrance to wear when the last decimal will be discovered.
Don't get lost in your mind maze!
ooh...don't make a bad idea if you smell this because it is not a parfume, it is a memory.

fooluae
fooluae

hello
first i must say its uniq smell of vanila even its not vanila but smell like arts vanila

i have A*man some other sweet flowery woody

but must say these uniq smell not too heavy sweet not light somehow it give u uniq smell of vanila rosy

they only problem that make me rely sad T-T

its so weaak on longlast and sail

its like its only for master nose to smell
and it fade on hour stay too close to skin'

i rely with these to become one of longlast and sail

it will be come on my list of legends along with amouge , dior home intnse etc

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

On my skin there's only 2 notes: almonds & vanilla, from top till base. Perfectly suitable for women. Sweet, warm & alluring...
It also reminds me of marzipan somehow...
Sillage seems to be very nice, I only sprayed my arm and it I keep getting whiffs of this, longevity fine as well!

carolleelou
carolleelou

This is the most beautiful fragrance. I feel it is definitely more feminine that masculine in my view although I wouldn’t consider a man wearing this as feminine. On my skin this starts off very soft then immediately I get about a 10-minute funk with the geranium and Anise, a little pungent to my nose, but that quickly passes and then Pi dries down to the most beautiful powdery sweet smell that on my skin smells almost identical to Johnson’s Baby Oil. I just love it; it smells absolutely delicious. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite perfumes.

bkjess-shopping@yahoo.com
bkjess-shopping@yahoo.com

Went to a Sephora store & got sample vials of PI, Play Intense, & 1 Million filled from the large tester bottles. PI was extremely faint & had practically no smell to it on me. A few minutes after 5 shots to the wrist was only as strong as the trace of 5 shots of 1 million after 16-18 hours. All I could smell was a very faint aroma of baby powder.

GMK
GMK

Its probably one of the few scents which i started getting into perfumery from. It carries memories for me , the delicious almond vanilla effect which i never forgot espacially in cold nights of december it used to prevail every where , very romantic and arrousing i would say, if applied moderately.

it is a man's fragrances but i love it more on a woman , becomes more versatyle.

to me "it was past and it has passed". sweet memories of very lovely days.

kenney77
kenney77

By far one of the best colognes I've ever smelled love the vanilla notes the bottle is also awesome

Love this!
You get all the notes mentioned here
Sugary, almonds, vanilla....like marzipan really.
So obviously not for everyone.
The bottle is cool!!! Looks Egyptian or like a monolith or something?
I only had a little sample so can't give a proper appraisal but the projection is pretty poor... If you care about that sort of thing ...which I don't.
It is weak and not good for longevity despite this...it has a time and a place.
I'm looking to add it to my collection in the future if the price is right.

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

Too sweet for a man's frag.

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

Another vintage 3.3 oz bottle just arrived...got myself a lifetime supply of one of the best sweet fragrances that was around.

Neyzen
Neyzen

I have the reformulation.. Longevity is good but it is barely noticable when compared to Dior Homme Intense or Spicebomb. Is the reformulation really weak or my case is just olfactory fatigue?

By the way this is hands down the best sweet scent in the market.. Only if it was more powerful.

Smyle12

Mmmmmmm... Toasted marshmallows. So yummy! :)

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

don't know if i got a bad one or what but i get no vanilla or sugar...all i get is a very sour pungent smell in the background

ryan.oconnor.7161
ryan.oconnor.7161

This has some interesting floral stuff going on initially but after about 30 mins goes to pure tonka bean + a little caramel and maybe a little benzoin. Yum!

JemCalico
JemCalico

This was the first fragrance I ever bought. My first whiff of the sample we had laying around the house I had instantly fallen in love with. It was sensual yet innocent. Exciting yet soothing. Creamy yet sharp. Enticing yet intimidating. Masculine yet feminine. Needless to say I bought myself a mini bottle for way too much at a Sears almost immediately and I sucked that little thing absolutely dry in no time. Two years later I just knew I needed some more, but the in store prices were horrendous. Ninety dollars? I just don't feel comfortable spending that kind of money. Luckily, I found a pre-reformulation bottle of it on Amazon for about half the price.
I have my baby back and must say he's even more beautiful than before. The initial blast is a warm spicy citrus smell that is quite a bit more masculine than the heart and dry down, but that is what makes it all the more seductive and complex. I always get tons of compliments from both men and women on this fragrance. Even my own mother told me I smell "sexy," which is creepy when you think about it. But the base is the ultimate oriental woody gourmand lover's dream. Perfect for cold weather, but it is so complex and beautiful it could be worn year round by anyone confident enough in it. An absolute work of art. I recommend this beauty to all of my friends, both male and female.

Lozzle
Lozzle

Absolute favourite, love the warmth and kind of sensual depth of aromas. Mmmmmm

EnPassant
EnPassant

Pi = Calvin Harris + Florence Welch = Sweet Nothing

Smyle12

Anyone who wishes this scent was stronger and/or lasted longer has been duped, didn't do their research furst, and purchased the reformulation of this fragrance from someplace like Macy's. The box you want to own has a brown "Greek-style Givenchy logo" on it and the Pi on the bottle is large and in the center of it, not tiny and on the bottom. Also, the fragrance itself will be amber in colour and not bright yellow like piss. If you can't tell the difference just by colour alone, you may be blind. Always do your research, never buy a fragrance in its 2013, full-price, watered down department store version, purchase only from reputable online sellers, and ask about the product you will be receiving. If you enjoy having the proverbial wool pulled over your eyes, and paying extra for it too, then don't. My bottle of Pi says "2002" right on its bottom, smells incredible, lasts forever, and projects like a monster if I spray it more than twice. Three sprays and I'm self-conscious for hours. A little on-line research goes a long way, peeps!

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

Almost too sweet on me, but I still like it very much.

Starts with a nice, fizzy, woodsy-sweet citrus. There's plenty of tonka bean in there to compliment the vanilla and almond-brightened woods. The herbs and the geranium's own cool, herbal note combine well with the tonka to keep things from getting overheated.

As the fragrance fades, it reminds me of the flavor of old postage stamps, the kind you had to lick to stick.

Applied sparingly, I think this is a good inconspicuous scent for daily use. Though it's marketed for men, I'm a woman and it smells quite feminine on me -- just not so girly that I want to strangle myself. It's very sweet, but still somewhat reserved. It's cozy, but not stifling, like a light cashmere sweater.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

Well, I've come full circle with Givenchy Pi. I've been testing different frags at a local dept. store and I kept coming back around to this one. I really liked the opening of Givenchy Play Intense, but I lost the thick Tonka scent very quickly and couldn't stand the dry down for long periods of time. Pi keeps that nice thick rich Tonka scent for a very long time. This batch I have now seems to have more spice and a little less sweetness than the last bottle I got. I'm not sure if the various batches change that much or if my nose is picking it up differently. Anyway I do enjoy this from time to time. It seems to go very well with a dull and dreary summer day when it is raining all day.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I just want to say that i am not a sweet perfume kind of guy but, this perfume is just wonderful.

I'm not the guy that likes feminine fragrances on a man, but, this perfume is delightful.

I am not a huge fan of vanilla/almond, the duo that is present everywhere in gourmet scents, but, this perfume is differently exquisite.

This perfume is everything I don't like, yet, I love it... I really can't explain why... But I guess, every rule is meant to be broken in some way.

Givenchy Pi is defenitely unisex... But, everyone who wears it feels comfortable and radiates self confidence and bliss...

AlboSwag
AlboSwag

I get a strong Play-Doh scent at first but it dies down after a while.

Idlehands

Bought it. Didnt love it. Gave it to a co worker. Now I smell it daily and wish it was still in my collection. I know I have said that Rochas Man is a more interesting vanilla than Pi, but this really is a good scent. It is memorable and could def. be someones signature scent. Its a soft, sweet smell that is actually very inviting. My initial response to this one was way off. There is a reason the testers on these are always almost empty at the department stores.

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

The first thing that came to my mind upon smelling the sprayer was, 'caramel', and since I'm not too fond for sweet scents, I almost instantly turn down the offer of this one, but my friend said that I better give it a shot first - nothing can go wrong by testing it first anyway; so he brought me a bottle of his Pi - handsome bottle, could be a nice addition in anyone's wardrobe.
My first impression is - this fragrance have great projection and staying power, please note... the opening doesn't excite me at all - it's just a blast of rosemary and sweet citrus with hint of almond and vanilla in the background - only for a few minutes. Soon enough the vanilla, almond, benzoin, bit of woods and caramel (all sweets in this world, in short) start to take over the lead and makes this fragrance into one sweet fragrance that we possibly never smell it before - or after; simply a masterpiece. Super sexy and draws a lot of compliments, especially from women (does that tickle you, boy?) but I found that most people found this, 'old fashioned' and refused to wear this; simply because a men need something smoky, leathery, rubbery to be called a man, refusing to acknowledge that there's another world out there that do radiate sexiness - world of Pi

score : a solid ★★★★★

lalelu

but its a really good scent, smells like amaretto ..

lalelu

same here :( lasts max 2 hours after that nobody besides you will be aible to smell it

aucffan1
aucffan1

I wish it were stronger and lasted longer... Good scent but seems to go away within an hour or two...

murillocezar
murillocezar

it serves for parties? This scent has a fragrance modern or old school? this scent is better than the Play Intense (givenchy)?

Cire
Cire

This is good stuff! It keeps on changing and sometimes catching me by surprise for I think someone/a few people are following me. Can't believe why it has been so long to get my willing hands on this must have.

The vanilla stands out from the opening till end but it's what happens during the journey that makes me want to carry on and on. Vanilla, Almonds, Tonka Bean, Coconut oh!, this is doing me goood!!

The vanilla stands out from the opening till end but it's what happens during the journey that makes me wanto carry on and on. Vanilla, Almonds, Tonka Bean, Coconut oh!, this is doing me goood!!

Very nice, yet very sweet, a bit too sweet... if you use much, you will contract a good headache. I like it, but I don t use it. A woman can easily wear it IMO.

Jenge
Jenge

I adore this fragrance on my husband. It's warm, sweet, inviting, smoky sexiness! To smell this on his neck and chest is divine. I will keep this in his wardrobe for as long as I can. It works year round on him.

It has become a classic, and unfortunately, that means the price has remained pretty high.

I tried to wear Pi as I read reviews here that claimed it to be a unisex scent. It was too strong on me and made me feel ill. I think it is decidedly masculine. Yes, there is the vanilla, but the other notes keep it more earthy and rugged (maybe the cedar, tarragon, & benzoin).

I agree it's a more mature scent. It's for a confident, but not arrogant, man who has gained some wisdom and knows how to be a gentleman. :)

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

A very strong fragrance with longevity and projection.
Two smalls spritz are more than enough.
If you're going to use it on your neck, I highly recommend that you don't spray it around or close to your Adam's Apple area.
I, normally, do one spritz of my colognes there but this one gave me a headache.
Ever since that experience, whenever should I wear this, I would only do one on my right wrist and one on the back of my neck.

Even though it is a great and long lasting fragrance, I'm not too fond of it. It reminds me of fresh and new baby daipers, when I apply it to my skin..

Rad Inana
Rad Inana

I'm a woman, and I wear this quite often. On me it is warm, mildly sweet, cozy scent. It seems all about the base notes: vanilla, benzoin, and tonka primarily. Mmm. If it were a voice, it would be one with a low pitch, speaking softly of fond memories and its warm regard for you. It doesn't have a huge projection (it is not invasive), but it projects well enough that I have received compliments (from men and women) about how good I smell. Always pleasing when that happens. It lasts all day too.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It's vanilla. It's nice.

I'm sorry, but I find the bottle more interesting than the scent.

UPDATE: I've sprayed this on myself a few more times... the all-too-brief top notes are very nice.

courant
courant

Bois de Jasmin plugs this in her blog for its wonderful vanilla treatment. Who am I to argue with Victoria Frolova?
I am going to try layering this with Bvlgari Black.

Molko
Molko

Romantic vibe from Pi that I describe woody/sweet scent, but not too sweet, good mixture of sweet and herbal notes, pleasant, warm and soft, perfect for both gender. Similar to L'Occitane Eau des Baux, but Baux is more tobacco smell. I feel also I know this scent for a long time, but I didn't know that calls PI:) Similar also to YSL Body Kouros

kingdanny4754
kingdanny4754

This fragrance is wonderful! The vanilla,almond,and sugar blends so well.The almond is a little sharp but tones down after 30 minutes. The sweetness is just right , with a nice soft touch of vanilla. This is a perfect scent in the winter while being near burning wood while cuddling with your girlfriend.

smellerik

It's like a scent of a romance with first you discovering this yummy not really mundane scent, But soon I found another boy who was inchanted by the pie that even thou it scents the entire romance it's a huge bottle, ( now scents should be personal ) Pie will the scent in the car, the sheets, and if you can end on the one bottle can be a Best Scented Romance....
But let it fade and it will always be one of my favs, but carefull the Even bigger box set dosn't enter by some miss placed gift or tolken of effection, Cause too much pie can make you Sick Sick Sick

kvext
kvext

At first you can tell this is a masculine scent. After a little while it becomes so warm and delicious. This is a great vanilla scent without being too sweet.

Idlehands

After testing this one I really couldnt tell if I actually like it or if I was just confused. I kept coming back to it so eventually bought it. I would say its a very sweet but warm scent. I can see why people would love/hate it. Its not going to become my signature scent but it will def. get worn.

asheble93
asheble93

Pi by Givenchy:

Scent:
Pi is a luxuriant wave of subdued elegance. It's opening is very herbal and clean because of the rosemary/citrus combo. Of course the defining note(s) of this fragrance are the vanilla, tonka, and overall sweet accord.
6.0/10

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

Just clearly over paid for a small bottle of this just to try it because I love the way it looks but like I expected it to smell like something theres not many colognes I dislike but jeez this is one if uncertainty had a smell this would be it lol don't know if that makes sense but it does.... don't like it could just be me but yea with all the other colognes I have this doesn't compare imo

mimi_luvz
mimi_luvz

* just a tip if you consider buying it: it does make yellowish stains, be careful with light coloured clothes

ryanmorgan
ryanmorgan

anyone who likes this, it is really cheap in Boots at the moment in the UK obviously :-) you're welcome :-)

thepro25
thepro25

Not the best and to be honest the most bizarre cologne i think i ever smelt.

beesha
beesha

i tested it thinking it is female fragrance (bottle was very inviting with ambery liquid) and i was pretty impressed, but now finding out it is male's !!!! it is pretty Unisex then!! and strongly reminds me discontinued BY by dolce and gabbana which i had and loved. Nice comforting smell!!

EnchantedForestLover
EnchantedForestLover

the original vanilla powerhouse. i will always love this frag it is amazing. the longevity is amazing and the projection is a treat for everyone around.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

When I first encountered this fragrance, my exact words were "this smells so heavenly, this is what I want on me at my funeral." Weird and crazy - I know. But, the smell was just so luxurious and rich I knew I had to have it. I will say this, smelling it on paper, I was unable to smell the opening. Now that I own the fragrance (big Pi symbol bottle), the terragon, basil, and rosemary opening smells so similar to a pine cone. Within minutes, the wearer and those within a 5 ft. radius will be enveloped in the rich, creamy sugary vanilla smell (reminiscent of a sugar cookie). After an hour or two, the spices fade into the background and an almond smell becomes present. At this time, the vanilla intensifies, so much you may think that a cherry note was thrown in the mix. I love this fragrance for its versatility, just be mindful of quantity when spraying this in warmer climates. I get 6-8 hours of this "vanilla butter pecan ice cream" and will recommend this inoffensive scent to any gender or age.

voodoodanny
voodoodanny

Soft, warm vanilla and almond. Very sweet, rich and eminently gourmand. I like this stuff a little more each time I smell it. It's my go to comfort scent for the cold weather.

Lots of almond and vanilla tempered with herbs. Very sweet for a male fragrance and sort of evokes the idea of a male Hypnotic Poison. It could very easily be worn by a woman who wants an earthier vanilla fragrance.

Marciu
Marciu

An absolutely masterpiece!

This is one of the best gourmand fragrances ever! A must have in winter time for me, it was, is and always will be in my wardrobe.

It seems to be boring and generic vanilla fragrance. But it's not! I really feel the mandarin in the opening and then comes something icredible... I have a feeling that I have a fresh juice from pine needles on my skin. Pine needles mixed with vanilla - gorgeus, absolutely gorgeus! Later on comes the base - the scent gets closer to skin and is still beautiful warm - it's a kind of "woody" feeling - I always thought it's guaiac wood mixed with cedar wood, but the first one is not listed here... And of course all those "sweet" ingredients - sugar, vanilla, tonka bean, almonds and benzoin. I love it, it's so rich!

Pi is my constant winter fragrance. Longevity is huge - I get 10 to 12 hours with max. 4 sprays... Sillage and longevity are also huge, people notice me every time I wear Pi.

I love it. Mr Morillas - you're a genious!

kafleenthedonkey
kafleenthedonkey

Baby soft and heavenly. It doesn't have that typical "macho" smell in so many mens' fragrances.

RobbieX

Pi is a lovely sweet almond and vanilla oriental. It's almost the perfect oriental for me. Great projection and longevity with a gorgeous dry-down. Smooth, mellow, beautiful and a special fragrance from Alberto.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I sprayed this on paper, and it smells like vanilla. Not the sticky-sweet kind of vanilla: this one's a bit of a darker scent. The drydown smells like caramel to me. I'm not into gourmand fragrances very much, so I wouldn't buy it. I do see why many would purchase it, though.

darksome
darksome

Extravagant, sexy, rich and alluring.

I think this perfume is designed just for a minority of men (and women). And even then it's a very strong perfume that I recommend to wear it exclusively in the winter months.

The base is a warm, gourmand vanilla. The cedar and the refreshing top and middle notes give a very special, unique scent that tames the plain foody base. Because of that Pi is edgy and vell rounded.

The first spray reviels rosemary, basil, tangerine and some cedar. In the background are hiding the sweet vanilla and almond, waiting to reveal. It's almost like you sniff a fresh, aquatic scent with some tangerine and mint/lemon balm notes. But, don't be fooled. In the drydown Pi reveals it's true amazing herbal-vanilla heart, that explodes with thousands of notes to the surface.

Pi is sexy, extravagant, masculine, confident and sturdy, but loyal and soft at heart, like the person that wears it. It's for a person that knows what it wants, a person that not give a f*ck for stereotypes.

It's just perfect.

UPDATE:
My boyfriend loooves this and wears it almost everyday to work. I'm so glad I bougt him this for birthday <3
Here and there I use it by myself, but I almost have a phobia to wear it too often. I'm worrying that it will loose the magical effect, that I become when my boyfriend use it. Haha.

UPDATE 2, November 2013
Well this juice really is magical! It's not even a year ago when I purchased this for my boyfriend and the bottle is more than a half empty.

I still looove the vanilla sweet base that gives you some sort of warm, safe feeling, but there's this fantastic herbal/balsamic composition, that's just enough prominent you can smell it, but it not overbears the superb warm base. What a masterpiece!

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

Sprayed it on the paper and got orange, vanilla and serious sweetness. I didn't know what to make of it, sales assistant gave her thought and called it ''old fashiony''. I thought lets see how it sits on my skin so had a spray. It was Vanilla sweetness. That is really just about it nothing more, no kick. Just seemed unbalanced and far too much on the feminine sweet side. My girlfriend thought it was amazing and it 'sits really well on my skin' I personally thought it would be more suitable for her than me as I prefer that have a good balance. On her skin it went quite masculine so it really does depend on various skins. All in all..try before you buy

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very distinct almond amber. Not for every man. I would think most young guys would shy away from this.

taboo2287
taboo2287

I can't resist a Man who wears PI, i don't care how old is he or where he comes from! this is dangerous...

keyvan2013
keyvan2013

برعکس نظر تعدادی از هموطنانم عاشق بوی این عطر هستم. منو به رویا میبره. شیشه خالیشو حداقل روزی یه بار بو میکنم
خوشبویی8/10
پخش9/10
ماندگاری 8/10

p...
p...

I find this fragrance very underated. Its a great mans scent

Kdu
Kdu

I do not like neither a masculine scent that women use, this is one of them!

Asylumin
Asylumin

Nice frag. One of the best i've ever smelled.
Longevity is good enough, but projection should be better.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

I was given 2 bottles of high quality perfume dupes from Saudi Arabia with no names on the bottles, just a slip of paper saying Givenchy. My daughter and I lavishly used the first bottle in record time. I then began to search for what this scent we adored was. LOL...Imagine my surprise when I found out it was Pi for men!!!
This is a very unisex perfume, sweet but with depth and not cloying. This perfume just makes you feel relaxed, calm and comfortable. The almond mixed with vanilla makes for a yummy combination that will attract people to you...wear with caution!!! Enjoy!!!

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

Pi starts off with a sweet, sugary blast of Citrus (Tangerine?), riding a powerful wave of Vanilla, enriched and warmed by Benzoin and Tonka Bean, with hints of Almond and Cedar. However it quickly loses that orangey/tangerine bite and the vanilla, benzoin, tonka, and wood take prominence, with a creamy, warm, comfortable richness that is both pleasantly enticing and deeply comforting.

The fuzzy warmth of the scent lasts for hours, 8+ on my skin, slowly fading down to a core of vanilla, with just a hint of the wood and almond still remaining. Excellent projection really, and the silage is quite good too. I can keep detecting subtle hints of it 12 hours after the first spray. I love vanilla, so I adore this fragrance. The bottle's very nice too.

Also, while the compliments I have received from the opposite sex, while wearing Pi, leave me no doubt that it works quite well as a masculine fragrance, I believe that the sweetness and strong vanilla note would make this fragrance smell quite good on a woman's skin too. It's funny how, with so many fragrances, the masculine/feminine/unisex is more just a marketing label than an actual reality for the nature of the fragrance itself.

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

Soap Vanilla Sugar. It's a explosion of sweetness, be carefull in the hot weather. Heavy projection and longevity. Heavy sugar, no light, no diet.

trickykid300
trickykid300

Smells like, the finest Cream Soda with an extra hit of that lovely cherry like almond aroma. It is a delicious scent and always reminds me of that Seinfeld episode of George getting hungry from teh vanilla insense. It is versatile and definitely could be considered someones signature scent. Soft enough for the summer but heavy enough for the winter.

leaveit2larry
leaveit2larry

let me start by saying that because of this fragrance I get nose-raped every day at work. My female coworkers come up to me and hug me just so they can smell me. I know its weird but its flattering at the same time =P I had been searching for a "signature scent" for a while and finally found this one. It's masculine and strong but still gentle, warm and calming at the same time.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Something special, something different, something sweet but still sexy, somthing not for everyone.

Pi is a masterpeice, not for the guy who likes to smell like smoke and leather. This is a massive vanilla bomb of epic sexiness with a gorgeous statuesque bottle to boot!

If overused it could become so cloying and suffocating so only a couple of sprays are needed to experience it's beauty.

It's a massive sweet swirl of almond, vanilla, benzoin, tonka and sugaryness with just a touch of herbs and florals, yes...not masculine in the traditional sense but...metrosexual? It's right up my alley because I like things not of the norm. The power is incredible..check!
It draws compliments...check!

Just...gorgeous!

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Just got half of a 1.7 oz of Pi from my brother-in-law (because he doesn't use it anymore)...the first time I tried it, about a month back, I didn't like it because I felt it had too strong of an opening........but just gave it another shot and I LOVE IT!...It is pretty loud at first IMO, but then the dry down is MAGICAL! I LOVE vanilla notes and this one does it masterfully! Once I kill this one, I will definitley be purchasing a bigger falcon!

vincentk18
vincentk18

This is my favorite fragrance on the entire planet.

I've smelled all the popular colognes.

Allure homme sport is great.
Dior homme intense is really nice.
Green Irish Tweed is amazing
Pure Havane is stellar.

But oh lord. Givenchy's Pi is divine. Freaking divine.

This is a late-night fragrance for cold weather. It projects like a monster, leaves crazy sillage (scent trail) and last for 24 hours on my skin.

24 HOURS!

Fireworks explode in my head when I smell this perfect vanilla concoction, and that's all I need to say.

Lydia C.
Lydia C.

This is my absolute favorite men's cologne, hands down. It has very strong emotional ties for me, so whenever I smell it, I am instantly transported to a place of warm hugs, romance, and passion. *swoon* I love the intense vanilla & cedar notes. My boyfriend enjoys wearing this on our date nights, because when he does, he knows I am going to be glued to his side the whole night, inhaling deeply!

8brd
8brd

I tried this after consulting a friend who works in the industry; I know which fragrance notes work for me and which ones to avoid. Very, very happy indeed!!
I am almost out of it - I had bought it and Play Intense and prefer Pi. I am on the fence about Pi Neo so far.
Why? When I wear Pi, the Guaiac wood and Vanilla notes, tempered with the green, herbal notes of Basil and Rosemary and the Neroli make a nice combination.

I work in an office, with one of my bosses who suffers from allergies and reacts quite badly to many strong and or cloying scents.
No issues with my Pi; on the contrary, it combines pleasantly with my body chemistry; even in a heat wave the Wood and Vanilla do intensify, but in a natural way, not in a way that smells either synthetic or of chemicals.

This will remain one of my top 5 favourite fragrances because I can wear it anywhere and get compliments. The scent has a good presence without being overpowering. It is very versatile on me, which I realize is not the case for everyone.

It is a great scent for those who wear the Chypres, Oriental and Woody scents well.

kevocon
kevocon

what a fantastic perfume which lasts ages and many people notice too

durbha75
durbha75

Firstly, I must acknowledge that this forum has been a fantastic find for me. I owe what little knowledge I have on perfumes, to this site. Almost 80% of the perfumes I have worn have been bought based on reviews read here, and they have been spot on!

Now about Givenchy Pi...... It is undoubtedly one of the sweetest perfumes around. The notes I identify throughout are vanilla, almonds(??) and benzoin (a throw back to the chemical lab experiments of my childhood). It is so sweet throughout, especially in it's dry down phase, that I keep looking around to see if there is actually a cake baking somewhere nearby. But there is an underlying woody/ spicy note throughout, which makes the whole package quite mysterious and alluring. The longevity and projection of Pi are excellent.

There is a certain similarity to Joop Homme, One Million et al. So if you are looking for a sweetish fragrance with good SLP, this makes for a great buy, although I think it is not available in the Market any longer (other than the Net).

RGR
RGR

This is delicious!

Everytime I smell this I get reminded of all the strong male members of my family. My grandfather has worn this for more than 3 years, my father, my uncle and even some of my cousins. This is a classy, sweet and aromatic cologne for gentlemen.
I would gladly give this as a gift to a loved one and I am sure the men in my family will continue to wear this forever.

Ragzin
Ragzin

this one was very intriguing for me, i don't like the top and middle notes (and luckly they didn't last long) but the base notes are just so good and sweet *__*. It's classy and it gets sweeter as time goes by, not too much though, i can really smell the almonds, brown sugar and some liquor too

ma_ma
ma_ma

Got my 1st bottle of this on 1998. I dunno why I kept ignoring it, but after years of trying fragrances, I smelled it yesterday in a store, and said to my self.. I've been such a fool ignoring this for all these years and instantly bought it and made it my favorite fragrance. Such a wonderful and unique sweet and masculine smell!

WayneDN

This is a long lasting evening cologne. I get tons of people loving the scent This is my weekend pick.

cmoca
cmoca

I was out in the shopping mall with my brother one day (he likes to take me shopping for some reason) and we went to The Bay to look for some colognes for him.

The lady suggested this as a popular one (with the ladies) and he liked it, but to me it was too much and too sweet at the counter.

After a while however, I found myself bathing in sweet vanilla balm as if enveloped by a cloud of desire.

Great job with the juice, really. Very well blended.

braen80
braen80

használok 70 fajta parfümöt,de a givenchy pi a kedvencem , imádom fenséges vanilia szeretem :)

magnusmagnus
magnusmagnus

I know I won't get any balloons for this because it's a negative review, but I find this horrible. Two words: urinal cake. It smells like I've just walked into a dirty old toilet, I know that eau de toilette mean toilet water, but this just takes the piss!! I can smell marzipan in it as well, and I really don't like marzipan. With that in mind I'm struggling to understand how so many people enjoy this. I would love to swop this with someone for a different fragrance!

Sighclone
Sighclone

The herbal opening of basil, rosemary & tarragon is as subtle as can be. I say this because my nose fails to discern their presence at all. The mandarin I do get, but just a whisper. Do I feel cheated? Not at all. I take it on faith that they're there as off-stage supporting players.

Which brings me to the good news: The base notes of vanilla, tonka, cedar, benzoin and almond play off each other like an olfactory pinball machine on steroids. Yeah it's sweet, but so are dozens of frags that I own and adore. Three which come to mind are Tobacco Vanille, Pure Havane, and Chergui. Not just that these three are similarly sweet - these three actually remind me of Pi. In fact so much so that I'd swear there was a tobacco note in Pi, though the ingredients list tell me otherwise. Pi has better sillage, longevity and projection than Tobacco Vanille on my skin, and nearly equal SLP to Pure Havane. Chergui trumps Pi on all three counts.

Though Givenchy introduced Pi before the three others mentioned debuted, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the other three are Pi copies. They are all their own unique fragrances, perhaps inspired by Pi and perhaps not. I thought all four different enough to warrant their individual purchase.

I'd say wear Pi only in Fall & Winter, and only at night. If you'd like to wear it on a date, make sure your date appreciates fine wine and/or high art. These are not guarantees that your choice of Pi will be successful, but I would think they'd help.

dromidreza

شیشه اش که کاملا زنونه س.بوی بسیار بسیار شیرینی هم داره که فکر کنم برای یک مرد تهوع آوره.مانند جوپ قرمز که اونم به نظرم کاملا زنونه س.خانم ها خوششون نمیاد یه مرد اونو بزنه!!!ژیوو خراب کردی برادر.

kamikaze702k
kamikaze702k

i just LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE SOOO MUCH!!!

very unique, different, sweet, long lasting scent, one of my very favorites ever!!

storm61
storm61

A fragrance that everybody goes on about and a fragrance which is pure hype. Not masculine at all, very sweet, actually too sweet. I would never wear this fragrance and i do not recommend it to anybody.

steve0580
steve0580

Absolutely wonderful! Definitely dominated by vanilla but a tempered vanilla. It's sweet smelling, although not so light as to be considered a woman's fragrance. In truth, it's probably more suitable as a unisex scent.

fresh_scents

This is my third review of GP, and I must say that this particular fragrance ranks number one on my pyramid shelf of fragrances. I don't wear scents to please others or fish for responses. My relationship to fragrances is a personal joy that encourages a pleasant mood whenever I need it. If you have not sampled GP on your skin please do so immediately. I find the formulation to be the perfect combination of masculine sweetness and spices. Now I realize that the appreciation and interaction of any fragrance to our bodies is relative to culture, individual diet, skin type (oily, normal or dry) and the flavor of soap one may use. All of these things will affect how a fragrance projects on the consumer and whether they like it. From what I'm smelling, I have or have laid the right foundation for me to enjoy GP as much as I do. Do yourself a favor and secure some free samples of GP and begin to experience the same sensation that I feel each wearing.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

you want a female version of Givenchy pi? ..try Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison... they smell very similar in dry down.. (smooth vanilla almond/ cream soda) yummmm!

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

I bought this at Burlington years ago for 20 bucks for an old friend. I have loved it eversince! Cant w8 to buy it again!

This one is all about the "vanilla, tonka and benzoin resin" for a while but then a nice cedar note begins to come through, providing just enough dynamism to make it work. It's not outrageously sweet and it doesn't smell synthetic or "cheap" (and there's no animalic quality). Unlike the Rocabar type scents, there is no attempt to "freshen" this up with dihydromyrcenol, or anything like that, thankfully. Others claim that this was diluted by reformulation, which wouldn't surprise me, but I think I have enough at this point. Clearly, this is better for cooler weather. If you are not a fan of sweet resins, this is probably not for you, though.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Well tihs frag isnt as sweet as people say ive smelled a lot sweeter frags than that but it has a classy sweetness that i love.It isnt that cheapy 1 millions sweetness its classy and its sexy.It isnt i think for too young ages just 25+
Longetivity isnt good nor bad.It projects for 1 hour on my skin an then stays light for 3 to 4 hours.
I totally looove that almond kinda amaretto note.
Overall score 9/10

WayneDN

This is by far my favorite cologne, My wife just loves the scent. Received many inquiries with this scent. A must to have in your weekend collection!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

What a warm , smooth, devine vanilla/almond combo for the A/W season!! Unisex and blows most "female" gourmands out of the water.

People love Hypnotic Poison , Cinema ect should like this one :)

Tested this today in boots and i am now confident i have FINALLY found a HP alternative worth buying.
I must buy a bottle ASAP and this will be my HP replacement. HP is now reformulated into weak blandness. Next i tried "tessor de orient" which is similar to HP but i needed a stronger almond/ameretto note. Next up was Christia Augulirias "By night" , nice but no lasting power.

Excellent ! Quality is way above average as you would expect from Givenchy. Pi lasted 7+ hours on my "perfume eating" skin- result.

I am suprised they didnt do a "absolu" or "extreme" version. I think this work better as a masculine frag if they added some suede notes , or tobacco to toughen it up a bit. Id like to smell that on a man....but hey im not complaining! An excellent scent that can be found for good prices

I am chuckling at the comms in other reviews -

"I LOVE this on my husband! When he wears this, he has me on him like a fly on frosting.

"WOW! The first whiff was an olfactory orgasm.

I agree !!

Smyle12

Make sure the Pi logo is large and located on top of the front of the bottle, not on the bottom and tiny. If it's there, then you actually own the watered-down, reformulation, or are smelling it. I recently received my bottle of Givenchy Pi, the logo is in the right spot, and "2002" is even etched into the glass at the bottom of the bottle. Needless to say, it smells... INCREDIBLE. :D

sapphira07
sapphira07

pi is the hottest scent I have ever smelled on a man. it induces almost an instant rape factor in me....no matter who you are this smell is bound to catch a womans attention. .....sweet, vanillic, musky and woody - it's sex appeal in a bottle. I recommend this also if you like paco rabanne one million.

Kirjk
Kirjk

I've smelled this like four times now. Everytime no matter what's the number of sprays, it's nothing more than some sort of stale musty imitation vanilla scent. And yet everytime I'm going to smell this again, I have high expectations like "maybe the tester was bad" "maybe there was something wrong with my nose" but no, I just don't get that delicious sweet almondy vanilla what I was so eagerly waitin for.

fresh_scents

Forget about the samples, my 3.3 oz bottle will be arriving in the mail next week. I can't wait! In my opinion, because of how well it mixes with my chemistry, GP is a dynamite fragrance. You really have to let it dry down and not over spray to realize how GP would be a great addition to a collection.

Update: My GP arrived today! LOL!

fresh_scents

WOW! The first whiff was an olfactory orgasm. How did I ever miss this one? Givenchy Pi has moved to the top of my Most Wanted list with those exceptional accord combinations.

Sample Testing Update: GP still remains at the top of my list of must have fragrances before the close of this year. The dry down is very linear on my skin and that is just great for me.

kavi
kavi

To get the best out of this fragrance, the number of sprays I recommend is 3.14159265......

:D ...But seriously, great fragrance if you have a sweet tooth.

jandajohn
jandajohn

unlike anything in my collection...im a huge fan of sweet creamy scents so this one immediately captured my heart when i first smelled it.

eelee
eelee

This fragrance tends to go very creamy and vanilla on my skin. It is fresh and soft also. I love it.

gregmech26
gregmech26

High-class creamy vanilla wafer with benzoin. Smells like marzipan with whip cream on a vanillin base. Very refined and elegant. The original Givenchy Pi is in my top-10 rotation! Apparently it has recently been reformulated to a cheaper scent, with less vanilla. Oh well...

Gyallar
Gyallar

Beautiful vanilla and hypnotic caramel with almonds. Before test I thought "too much sugar for sure", but for my surprise...is not cloying at all.

Mosschops
Mosschops

True - it's not particularly masculine. It's powerful and vanillery. If you prefer a toned-down version, try Pi Fraiche (better for summer) or Pi Neo. Personally, I love warm, sensual and evocative fragrances, so this one is a winner!

manofscents
manofscents

NICE!!!

gianmarco
gianmarco

i dont find this manly atall, smells very femenin in my opinion. would never wear this

AneV
AneV

Mature, elegant and comforting. My dad used to wear it and I loved it brings back happy memories :)

RobbieX

Pi is a lovely mellow sweet oriental, with a great dash of almond and vanilla. Staying power and sillage are top notch. Dare I say this is a great Christmas frag for a man!!! It's a genuine classic and one of the best orientals. Yes, it's very good indeed......Now I'll pour a glass of Amaretto mmmmmmm

Zephyrzkingdom
Zephyrzkingdom

Pi is a unique and special number. Pi is 3.14. It is March 14, 3:14 pm, the exact time that I met my sweetheart, and the man I gifted this very cologne to. Like him, this cologne is sweet and flirtatious with a bit of spice to it. Pi is a sensual lover who wears glasses, has a golden heart, and will curl up with you to whenever you need comforting. It will not assault you, but speak softly and with an elegant tongue, and say everything right. It's vanilla coffee with extra sugar and a warm blanket to curl up with your loved one in.

Pi is the fragrance I gave to my beloved, but fell in love with myself. Pi is my beloved and my beloved is embodied in Pi. Thank you Givenchy for making this scent embody everything special to me about my dear one.

shammika
shammika

not last long.almond creamy scent.maybe i`ll get original one next time

tomaspramod
tomaspramod

Smooth and rich vanilla noted fragrance. A sweeter version of Burberry for Men that belongs in the same sandalwood-esque family.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Givenchy Pi is the first men’s fragrance I have smelled that is both sweet and masculine! A perfectly blended warm fragrance that is excellent to wear in those cold winter months. Sweet sugar, tonka bean, and almonds with warm vanilla and benzoin to a dry down of cedar with fresh hints of rosemary, mandarin, and basil. As a female who loves all of the Givenchy woman’s fragrances I can happily say they have carried that same exquisite scent standard to the men’s fragrances. Givenchy is incredible, they make absolutely stunning fragrances and I absolutely adore the smell of Givenchy Pi on a man!

freezing
freezing

I really don't understand the positive reviews for this supposed "cologne," but I did hear they changed some of the ingredients so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Givenchy pi is very powdery and very vanilla, but it's not a pleasant vanilla scent. This is strange because I generally go crazy for the smell of vanilla, but there is something just "off" about this fragrance that makes it cloying. It projects very well and lasts 5-8 hours, but I hate smelling it on me so that isn't a good thing. It does not smell natural or edible at all like a lot of people have said, and I experienced no change in the dry down period besides it simply not projecting as much. This was pretty disappointing because everyone said it smells like a dessert or cake, but trust me it does not in the slightest bit remind me of something I would want to stick in my mouth. I wouldn't want to smell this on someone else either.

Pi is also very feminine. I would say that a man should not be wearing this. I tried it a few times to give it a chance, but I can't help but think that I smell like I'm wearing a cloying, old woman's perfume and I don't feel confident wearing it either because I get the feeling that girls around me are thinking the exact same thing.

Lastly, I haven't received any compliments from wearing this "cologne," which I can't say the same about others. You just know when you are wearing a good, masculine scent because the women around you will sneakily find ways to get close to you just so they can get a whiff. With this perfume you will be keeping them at bay. Enough said.

I regretfully blind-bought this based on the good reviews and I will be selling off the rest - most likely to a woman.

Endymion
Endymion

Just tell me, why the hell do they make the fragrances fit the IFRA regulations????
Does anybody cares about them at all?
We, the customers, don't.
No one ever will die of oak moss for like 0,00001% amount in EDT concentration. Some skin redness? Pfff, who cares?

masak389

Answering to bassplant, the first version of PI was more sweeter that the new one reformulated to fit the IFRA rules. It was more benzoin-tonka focused that newer version. Almods was noticeable too. Now the myth is death and blogs compile mixed reviews of older and newer versions. Therefore, you should never fall into the temptation of purchase fragrances in a blind way guided by people opinion, specialy with old releases . The new versions are mutations with less or none relation with initially was sold. So searching good old frags nowadays is such a hard work.

Bassplant
Bassplant

I am a cologne junky and buy them continuously. However, after buying Givenchy Pi without smelling it first - I won't be doing that again.

Let me explain...

After reading the reviews of Pi, I was expecting a very sweet smelling fragrance in a gourmand sense. Something smelling like actual edible sweets. I've heard people describe it as cake, cookies, pie, etc... Are these people crazy?! :)

I personally would want to eat something that smelled like Pi as much as I would want to eat a tire. It may be 'sweet', but not in a good sense to my nose. It's incredibly heavy, and all day long I would be trying to avoid smelling myself. That's not a good thing for your own cologne! I kept trying it, thinking I must be missing something. But no, I simply do not smell the sweet lucious sugary goodness of Pi. I smell sickly heavy vanilla. When I think of sugary perfumes or colognes, maybe I am expecting something lighter (not in terms of projection or longevity). Maybe I want something that will remind me of a freshly baked pie, or a cake fresh from the oven. Givenchy Pi gives me, instead, stale vanilla cooked with gasoline. Yucko.

I suppose Givenchy Pi teaches me to never completely trust colognes blindly from reviews alone. Always smell for yourself first. Always! :)

liorman
liorman

Very unique and versatile fragrance.The best from Givenchy.This one smells like no other fragrance.Though it's got many oriental notes,still stays fresh and spicy.Vanila is very dominant,feels almost like an icecream with this sexy oriental vibe that almond creates .Part of my wardrobe.

eric.del grande
eric.del grande

too sweet smells like a real pie! sugary vanilla just put a crust around your face!

Kain
Kain

A great vanilla based fragrance with so pleasant smell and god damn beautiful and unique bottle.
Start semi sweet with the main note of this fragrance, vanilla and some spice and something like burned sugar smell. maybe that's because of the almond note. really nice opening.
The sweetness isn't too much, but it's there.
In the mid the burned sugar vibe is almost gone and we have sweet vanilla surrounded with some woodsy notes but the woodsy notes are so weak in the background.
This is the place where some guys may hate it because it has almost feminine vibe which I agree, but it's not completely feminine.
There are no floral notes, but simple sweet scent may remind you of women fragrances.
In the base we have creamy vanilla with bitter almond scent which is really pleasant and sensual but it also could be linear and boring for some folks out there, but for me it's the best part of this fragrance which is so SEXY!!
Very good projection and great longevity.
یه عطر شیرین و خوشبو بر پایه رایحه وانیل که بوی خیلی خوب و تحریک کننده ای داره
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر کمی شیرین با بوی وانیل و یه بوی تسبتا تلخ و تند مثل قند یا شکر سوخته هست
بوش شیرین هست اما نه خیلی و کمی هم تلخ
در ادامه اون بوی تلخ تقریبا از بین میره و ما یه بوی شیرین و وانیلی داریم که مقدار بسیار ناچیزی رایحه های چوب و جنگلی اونو همراهی میکنن
اینجا این عطر به خاطر شیرینی زیاد و نبودن رایحه های تند و تلخ مردانه تقریبا بویی شبیه به عطرهای زنانه پیدا میکنه که ممکنه یه سری از آقایونُ نا امید کنه
البته مثل عطرهای زنانه بوی گل داخلش نیست اما شیرینی زیادش آدمو یاد عطرهای زنانه میندازه
در انتها ما یه بوی شیرین و خامه ای مانند وانیل داریم که با بوي قوي و تلخي از رايحه بادام تركيب مبشه که یه بوی بسیار دلچسب و خاصي ايجاد ميكنه
همونطور که گفتم این عطر یه عطر بر پایه رایحه وانیل هست و شما از اون اول تا آخر بوی وانیلُ حس میکنین که ممکنه برای بعضی ها خطی و خسته کننده باشه
پخش بوی خوب و ماندگاری بالایی داره

aijucitis
aijucitis

Bought this fragrance to my boyfriend.He really loved it!But he likes sweeter fragrances like one million or black xs ,joop.
Staying power very good.

Abstraction
Abstraction

Great fragrance, but it is a very sweet for me. It is not my favorite. It is a very warm, soft and clean. For winter.

bcoops
bcoops

one word to describe this "tortoni"

very nice!

fihanson
fihanson

i decided to try this this perfume when a friend suggested it. i never liked the scent right from from usage. i had to finally give it out to the the very friend who suggested it to me.
it scents too olderly and cheap. period

leecher88

if you like or love pi try the following ones :

- Tendre Madeleine Laurence Dumont (unisex) and cheap
- lanvin arpege pour homme
- etro heliotrope
- Midnight in Paris Van Cleef

greets

yella_light
yella_light

First impression: sugary powdered vanilla.
A love or hate linear fragrance
A good fragrance, but may be too much for some, especially those who don't like sweet Vanilla scents.
I wore this and offended some (younger crowd), but some women liked it.
This can be a unisex fragrance, because it's feminine.
This is for those who like vanilla.
Not a signature scent, but to be worn occasionally
(2-3 sprays max)

Smell: 3 stars
Overall: 3 stars

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

I should like this because it is by Givenchy, and that House usually creates sublime perfumes. However, I find the bouquet of Pi overly saccharine and ultimately cloying. I can understand why others would enjoy this - it does smell wonderful at first whiff. I, unfortunately, have had to wash it off the couple of times I've worn it because it gave me a headache. Its power billows and overwhelms. The bottle is very attractive.

windhill
windhill

Classy, sexy, mature and elegant. One of my all time favorite. Nothing more to say.

jreyes366
jreyes366

Ok, I have to be honest. I used to own this cologne and I wore it all the time in middle school. Even though it's supposed to be for men, I didn't care. it smelled so good and I always got compliments on it. It's nice and sweet and woodsy, it's just a lovely scent.

skye.starr
skye.starr

I was given this scent a few years ago as a gift, and I have only just found out it is for males. I love it on me, as does my husband, I don't think though that I would recommend it for men though.

crownjules
crownjules

I tried this scent a few times and didn't like it at all. A little goes a long way when applying. I felt like it was too sickly sweet with the vanilla and other sweet notes mostly overshadowing the woodsy notes. It became a bit too cloying as well in anything outside of a cool place.

leecher88

today i sprayed etro heliotrope and givenchy pi on my wrist

And i can tell everybody that

- they are exactly the same after 1 hour
- with the only exception heliotrope has more power and a bigger projection thats all

greets

brs
brs

amazing, but my wife hate it
with this fragrance moderation is your best friend, 2 sprays not more

Kamaty
Kamaty

This is absolutely amazing !! Sweet ,warm,chic and as a woman i love to wear it.
It is sweet but stay close to skin if you doesn't over spray...
I loooooove this!!
Sorry my poor english.

madmax

Wow so many comments it has to be good !!

jtappenden
jtappenden

Purchased today.An absolutely superb fragrance of the highest order.Recommended for connoisseurs & aficionados.A sensational product.

ABRAG
ABRAG

Vanilla

Fabulous luxury perfume

Strong in the beginning

Attractive to women

The light does not last but I hope to be stronger

Recommend it

gabriel.acosta

too vanilla for my taste, I think even a girl could use it.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

This is my brother's signature cologne. I really really like it a lot.
It is warm and expensive, plus it doesn't fade away through out the day , Givenchy never fails 'cause my signature perfume is by this firm too.

AmbrosiaRose
AmbrosiaRose

I call this a "cuddle cologne". It's so warm and comforting the scent just wraps you up. That vanilla sings in the notes without making it to "feminine". This is probably the best rendition I have seen of a men's fragrance that has vanilla in it but manages to actually stay masculine. My fiance wears this cologne and all I want to do is cuddle on the couch with him and lay my head on his shoulder. It's just simply gorgeous.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a vegan, cruelty free imitation oil of this perfume. I love this oil so much. It smells amazing! I have never smelled the original scent. I do not see perfume or cologne as containing a set gender. I wear perfumes advertised for men,as well as the ones advertised for women. I wish to give my review in a poem:

My right brained soul tries to measure
This gorgeous scent I do treasure
I never had a knack for mathematics,
words and feelings have a better ring
But Pi perfume shows me that math can truly sing.

Archimedes would shine his smile on this
A vanilla perfume with a green basil kiss
An almond touch to feed ones hunger
Resins deep to dream in slumber

A citrus glow,a sweet sugar rush
A scent that turns my heart to mush
As the day turns into night
This scent clings to me with might
I sense again,a glow in my eye
The vanilla comes full circle Pi.

ganabalong
ganabalong

In Math Pi=3,14...
For Givenchy Pi= "Strongest Vanilla Ever"

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

A nicely blended, classical vanilla based masculine scent that succeeds in producing a balanced accord of vanilla ice cream with nuts on top with just a hint of woods and common garden spices. May be too sweet to be a mainstream superstar with universal appeal, but this does a nice job of balancing the vanilla, almond, brown sugar, tonka bean and benzoin with just the right amount of woods to give it character.
Pi seems to vary a good deal based on the wearer, but I have gotten as much as 16 hours and as little as 6, with projection fairly light but very much present throughout. This is a nice skin scent that projects enough to be noticed but in a subtle and classy way, making it perfect for professional and intimate occasions.
Borders on feminine but manages to assert a certain element of masculinity with the cedar, tarragon and basil undertones. Not as fascinating or layered with substance as Le Male, missing the cinnamon and lavender and beautiful evolution that Le Male offers the wearer. Instead, Givenchy Pi quickly becomes extremely linear and dominated by the vanilla that interrupts the rather brief citric opening within seconds. Regardless, Givenchy Pi is a nicely executed vanilla centric fragrance that manages to tone down the loudness of its influences. Soundly made and executed by Alberto Morillas but not profoundly necessary to own unless you are a vanilla lover. Those new to the genre would be better served by Le Male, Bvlgari Black or Chanel Allure Pour Homme. Still, for the right price a solid addition to any collection, often found at discounters and drug stores, don't pay full MSRP on this.

misterjohn
misterjohn

I got a sample of this and have now tried it enough times to have a view. It's pleasant enough, very sweet right from the outset through the drydown. I'm a fan of semi-sweet fragrances like La Nuit and D&G The One, but Pi is not in the same class. Those fragrances build the sweetness around something a bit more substantial like leather (in the case of The One) or lavender (in the case of La Nuit). With Pi, there's no center to the sweetness. It doesn't really go anywhere. I expected to really love this, but I don't. I admire the smooth blending and the pleasantness of the scent, but it somehow lacks the gravitas needed to transform it from a like to a love.

I won't be buying a full size bottle when my sample runs out.

necromancer
necromancer

Excellent scent, classy, soft and not too feminine but quite manly. You get a lot of vanilla and sugar in this scent, but in a subtle way and lasts a lot on your skin. Try it, you're gonna love it.

benjiboy360
benjiboy360

This cologne shows the true elegance in sensuality. It reminds me of an almond coated with vanilla with a pinch of wood at the very heart of it. A very graceful yet sexy cologne.

Mnemsys
Mnemsys

Sweet, spicy, cozy and attractive. It's a sympathetic fragrance, nothing in there that's not to like. It's not masculine in the way that it's sharp and unwearable by women, but I love to smell this on a man. It gives the impression of someone who's confident yet kind.

Hoxx
Hoxx

Well, it’s been a while since I used to use this one on regular basis, but my recent wish to return to it made me write this thing.

First of all, I just love its look. The bottle is gorgeous, just like the color of juice. When it’s about the fragrance, made by a genius named Alberto Morillas, it is just another one of his artworks. A magnificent scent, warm and cuddling, a true compliment getter.

A blast of aromatics seems to open the impression of it, but soon after it starts to show its character. It becomes syrupy and sweet, vanilla-centered perfume. Its vanilla is pretty sugary and is combined with almond note in its heart. Base is still sweetish in a way, but more woody, with hints of what used to be the heart of fragrance.

Its longevity is above average, it can last literally for a day or two, not to mention how long it can be smelled on clothes. It also has more than decent projection, and considering its structure and its main notes it is clearly a night scent, great to use in cold areas, during late fall and winter.

I would lie if I said I don’t love this one. It’s one of my firsts, and the first one which actually ‘worked’ on me. It reminds me of some beautiful times in my life. So, maybe I’m being a bit more subjective than usually. Anyway, it is arguably the best vanilla perfume for men, at least the best of those more affordable, designer fragrances.

dromidreza

i think its suitable for ladies!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Amazing. This smells so good. I smell vanilla and almond. Very unisex and I bought it and will wear it. It's creamy and yummie. It reminds me a lot of Burberry Brit, also one I love! The lasting power is average but not bad. The price is very good. I have a 50ml and paid 45€, that's not bad, a female perfume is more expensive and you only get a 30ml for that price.

The women in the store gave me a weird look when she asked: is it for your husband for valentine and I said: no it's for myself. She said: 'its a male fragrance'. I didn't care.

Update: Lasting power on me: POOOOORRR. So sad! But it does NOT last.

scentofman
scentofman

A Vanilla lover's dream comes true at a reasonable price!

Herbaceous top notes evaporate within a couple of minutes to make way for the train of sensual heart warming vanilla, tonka and benzoin balmy accord. There are some woody notes in the background to give this perfume some masculine vibe.

I think it can be worn by ladies too as its not too aggressive and woody.

On my skin it seems to stick and projection is average. Making it a nice scent for intimate evenings indoor. This is somewhat compensated by excellent staying power. I can smell the base notes even after 24 hours!

Overall I rate it 7.5/10 only let down by average sillage.

Migalex
Migalex

The mixture of vanilla and almond makes it smell a bit like amber, which I love, but it is not exactly the same, and I do not care for this scent. Lots of scents, both male ad female have this scent these days, which is claimed to be a mixture of mainly vanilla an almond but I actually think it is some synthetical molecule or several molecules whose scent does not actually have anything to do with at least the natural scent of any of them - it is the scent of almond and vanilla in the delusionnary world of current perfumery according to some virtual concept of those scents. This type of scent seems to be very trendy, and has been so for quite a while. Body Kouros smells exactly like Pi, although the composition is claimed to be different. It seems that fragrances these days come at least in pairs, but ususally in much larger groups. Ths type of scent is mostly common amongst female fragrances; Hypnotic Poison, My Insolence, Ange or Demon, Juicy Couture. I do like Pi betther though. At first I did not like Pi at all, but now I might eventually sort of appreciate it if I sniff it now and again off my wrist. I do like its depth and orienal main theme. I do find it far too common and trendy, though, and really not that impressive. With so many different natural scents, I do not know why there is so little variety amonsgt male scents. I actually think I do. At first, I did not find it appealing at all, and I think it is maybe fashion and the habit what makes it more appealing. One thinks it must be a nice scent and gets used to it. But that is sniffed off my wrist now and again. If I wear it on my head or neck, Pi is one of the few scents which litteraly make me sick. I tried several times, and I heave to wash it off, or I do throw up. Exactly the same repulsion I felt the first times I sniffed it off a piece of card. Thank God Pi's Lasting power is not that good, although even when I think I do not smell it anylonger, It still makes me sick. I find it literally revolting.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Nice scent. Starts out fresh and citrus for a few minutes before it warms up slightly to a sweet smell. There is no vanilla in the notes, but it has a similar vibe in the dry down. Decent projection and I get 8 hours on my skin. I like it, but not enough to buy it. 7.75/10.

bladerunner
bladerunner

I love it. The almond note is prevalent on my skin. I think that there are only two ways: to love it or to hate it. And it's long lasting. In the evening you can smell it again. The sillage is excellent. The smell remains in the room after 1 hour you are gone out.

Love&Happiness
Love&Happiness

I received this fragrance in the mail the other day...opened it up and it smelled much differently than when I smelled it at the perfume counter. Much different, better than I originally hoped. The vanilla here is distinguishable and may seem feminine to some, but I think it works well on an elegant man. It's sweet, vanilla-esque and powdery and, while that may sound dreadfully simple for a cologne, that's all it needs. Completely warm and inviting.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Very sweet sensual fragrance. Dreamy. Oriental woody.

Winter fragrance or for evening wear. Dont go over the top with the application as this is a scent with a "strong personality". Like a Rioja wine to use the anology. Reminds me of my first love/obesession or whatever you call "that vibe".

I had the cheepies like Fire and Ice by Revlon and Gravity by Coty. They both have a oriental woody heady scent and dont forget the vanilla. Did not think I like Vanilla. Just shows you how fragrances are based on memories and feelings...and not just for smelling nice.......

KJS88
KJS88

You know I don't see this as feminine at all; nor sugary sweet as say Rochas or those of its ilk. Nor even that synthetic because it simply doesn't come across as 'trying' to replicate a smell or achieve something not yet done. Just didn't get that vibe. Powdery, vanillic. Didn't get almond from it, and certainly not brown sugar - fragrantica is the only very reliable board giving it as an ingredient. Vanilla and powder done very modern - nothing "stanky" in this. Just pleasant. Not particularly loud, gets me many compliments. Doesn't come across as gourmand or semi-gourmand. There's a vague, almost steely, almost clinical (but not medicinal) vibe underlying the vanillic powder. I also detect something like the smell of a day old gardenia flower in a vase from this when on my skin; this dies of as the fragrance dries down and softens an hour or so in. I've been asked where it can be got every time I've worn it out. Though readily available in Australia, I hesitate to tell. A gentleman never tells ;-)

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it's very appealing. But there's one note and I'm not sure what it is, but it gives it a hint of a smell of sunscreen, which I don't find appealing in a fragrance. It's just one note but it sticks out and stays there even in drydown, although more muted.

ChevChelios
ChevChelios

This is the fragrance that propagated my affinity for fragrances. I was going through my late father's cologne collection, and I found the bottle interesting. The Pi symbol caught my attention. As I sprayed on two sprays for the first time (one on the neck, one on the wrists), the hit of vanilla and almond impressed my nose. It didn't take long for me to love this fragrance, and here I am today, still loving this fragrance, and it's still one of my favorites.

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

Unfortunately this is sweet enough for a woman to wear....I usually never buy a men's fragrance to wear but I immediately fell in love with this sweet caramel, honey scented fragrance. It smells so seductively sweet and to me I don't think it is masculine enough for a men's cologne.

readymadepv
readymadepv

A love at first sight since it came...incredible perfume,fantastic design...I adore it.

junglefun
junglefun

This one just doesn't jive for me. I don't like the smell, and it is not something a man should wear in my opinion as others have mentioned. By the notes breakdown I thought I would like it, but no.

cjgoehner

Syrup-sweet and edible, you pose, proposing in languid prose feats deserving poetry.

Supple-soft and craveable, milk and honey,love, ungovernable candy-urges surfacing.

Sticky-wet and panting, slantingly romancing, horizontal dancing, a melting sugar-tangle.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Usher - yeah(music) Pi and Le Male can do in almost all girls same euphoria,so if you wear perfume not only for you but to girls too,thats the one.

allexa27
allexa27

mmmmm sexxxyyyyyyyyy.for me it is more women`s than men`s fragrance.very sweet,almondy and super sexy.perfect for winter only(very suitable for christmas time).for hot weather will be disaster

bobo1
bobo1

I don't even consider this one Unisex. To me it's a
women's perfume (just like Rochas man). Can't associate it with a man image. I like them for myself.

krmarich
krmarich

Its hard to believe that Pi has only been around since 1998. In perfume time, thats a blink of an eye. Its still on the shelves of my local Walmart. Talk about massive promotion.

It had a great promotion-the astronaut on another planet. The bottle was stunning. The logo is genius Its contents are rather down to earth. Warm toasted vanilla almonds. Thats all the further it went. I refer to it as "sugar pie".

I always felt Insense should have been pushed like this. Its was by far, more complex and wonderful. Oh well, its good to see Pi and all of its flankers in production. It influenced the market towards sweeter mens offerings.

This was where I parted with house Givenchy. The "elegance" seemed to be over.

ItsJson
ItsJson

This is a sweet fragrance. I tried liking it, but the drydown is so synthetic its just horrible personally.
If you are looking for a gourmand fragrance with a lighter natural drydown try michael jordan legend is close to this but with a smooth drydown.

MrMookie
MrMookie

A very good scent for the sugardaddy men. its sweetness n soft but sweet as candy!
In a way im not the person to wear it i guess.
I like Jaipur pour homme Boucheron(edp) more because of its more complex layers i smells this one is good from begin to end but Jaipur definatelty rocks my nose!
overall (long-sillage-scent) good :

fergali
fergali

This is one of the best date perfume ever!!!

alchimia72
alchimia72

I love this perfume and i think that a man who wear it is very sensual. I love the almond note and its longevity. I bought it for my husband for an error and now it's his favourite perfume. The only negative thing is that is's for men!!!

alassouli
alassouli

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this on my husband. Vanilla, Almond, and brown Sugar combination is just lethal ...Every time my husband wears it, I have to bite his cheek(s) LOL...This fragrance is sooo warm and soothing. The lasting power is damn good. Anyways I just love it.

[OCT/26/2011]

Roqfort
Roqfort

Great scent. Better than L'instant or A*Men. Sweet, but in elegant way. Lasts whole day. One of the best Givenchy I ever had.

RavynG
RavynG

definitely unisex, but not for everyone whether male or female. I get the vanilla and sandalwood with a musky tonka bean undertow and a bitter turpine bite--must be the cedar and benzoin resin? I do not get the sickly sweetness or caramel or almond or spiciness at all. It does have an herbal synth start but it does not last long. I use it myself, it is a little too vanilla for my husband. But I think it could be successfully layered with something maybe oriental flowers or spice or even a straight dark musk/amber. something in it burns my nose and lips, but I can ignore it on myself it might be harder to ignore if it was on my husband (wink). Sillage is very light in my opinion, but it does last all day in some incarnation dominated by vanilla.

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

Unable to give a coherent review, this stuff just wallops me. He's wearing it again this morning. Please excuse me...

leecher88

hello guys i have to add something to some comments here about how long does perfume lasts !

If you spray a lot of times for example your both hands 4 times each one and neck and hair and so on next morning you will still smell the perfume !

My suggestion: Just spray where ever you want to spray more than once and you will get your 12hours lasting !!

SCJS
SCJS

I just feel that I have to add a remark to sf2explus' recommendation of Mandorlo di Sicilia from Acqua di Parma:

Mandorlo di Sicilia is a fantastic scent, and I've been using both that one and Pi. I find Mandorlo to be a better scent, but both longevity and sillage is really poor compared to Pi, so be sure to try the scent on before you buy! (I have the Mandorlo EdT, and I don't think it comes as EdP.)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This starts off quite subtle, with soft rosemary and tarragon then suddenly almonds come out of nowhere and this turns into a fantastically warm vanilla scent, with a beautiful powdering of tonka, almonds, a lot of vanilla and a hint of woody cedar. All the while you still get a smidgen of the spices. I love this. One of the best vanillas I've come across - and hiding in the men's all this time! This just goes to show, don't limit yourself by 'male' or 'female'.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Reminds me of Coty's Raw Vanilla.

If you like vanilla then voila....here is your vanilla bomb! Sure it's sweet as can be but then again if you're into vanilla what else do you expect?

And just like Raw Vanilla it brings to mind Mexican candy-marzapan, dulce de leche and who knows what else.......oh yeah, praline pecans!

Not a macho scent but then again who wants to wear leather and tobacco colognes all the time?

Hasta Luego!

cinsot
cinsot

Oh Alberto! You never disappoint.

Thanks to Your mastery I have discovered, quite by chance, my perfect vanilla.

Ladies, if you happen to stumble across a magnificent bottle (truly remarkable bottle design) of this divine amber coloured pathway to all things sugar and spice, grab it!

Pi "for men" blows all those half-arsed (sorry I'm Aussie) "women's" oriental/vanilla/gourmand/spicy offerings out of the water with its authenticity. This stuff is the real deal.

Hail Alberto Morillas. This Nose is King.

jtis30
jtis30

I totally agree with twlahue. This has a harsh chemical ingredient like that of Joop la homme that I absolutely hate. Period. I put it on, smell....Get it off me, get it off!!! Strangely, the Pi neo and pi tropical paradise versions are actually decent.

cjgoehner

When I want my sweet vanilla fix I reach for PI. Women adore it, very sexy, Heavenly delicious and lasts 24 hours.

kaka2
kaka2

i love it!

junior halston
junior halston

What a sick twisted joke from those here who claim this fragrance Givenchy Pi does not last on their skin.

Mia_Kya
Mia_Kya

Incredibly sexy and shouting wanilia power. Not for everybody...

twlahue
twlahue

no thanks,
a very synthetic vanilla similar to Le Male'

not for me. I will stick with Play Intense...

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

All I can smell is caramel and nougat and very sickly at that...I like smells which are chocolate, but for some reason which I cannot explain, caramel smellls just doesn't appeal to me. I was wearing A*men when i tested this in the shop...so after trying Pi, I smelt like a mars bar..lol

mrraul
mrraul

Its very good fragrance!!!!!

Sly88
Sly88

I like this scent alot it reminds me of a vanilla milkshake with almonds and a touch of spice love this and the sillage and projection is above average..overall this scent is good for both male and female and will highly reccomend this to anyone!

Lgascco
Lgascco

Fabulous...i, too, am female and i love it...wearing it right now....the best mell of amber, sandalwood, guaiac, benzoin, vanilla. Not too sweet...neither masculine nor feminine...just warm, clean and comforting! One of my favorites!
Edit 8/4: been wearing this now for a week...and i have to say one of the noticable middle notes , while not strong, is green fresh cut grass. It stays close, this note, and if it were any more noticeable, it would annoy me...but the fact that it fades away after an hour leaves me OK with it.

creamsoda45
creamsoda45

i'm a girl and i wear this, i love the smell

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Its a very loud and extremely synthetic sweet fragrance.
But even then i like it very much because though synthetic and loud, it has got good amalgam of sweet and soft notes of vanilla and benzoin. Huge fan of its silage and longevity, it completely overpowers every other fragrance. Most people believe that it is more inclined towards femininity but to my way of thinking it is rather too potent and loud for a woman who is famous for its elegance and sophistication.
Bottle is extraordinary like a piece of art from old Egyptian pyramids.
Overall i give it 8.2 out of 10.

Anup
Anup

Givenchy has always been my "go to" house when i don't know exactly what i want. A house, i know that i can buy blind from, and always fail to be disappointed. I read up about this on for months before i bought it, and decided that i would try to get it seeing as it sounded to be a mostly sweet fragrance.

I work at Target, and sometimes really...Strange things will go on clearance. This happened to go on clearance one day a few months ago, and i jumped on it (1.7 for 24.99). I would dare to say that this could be a VERY viable casual alternative to Tom ford's Tobacco Vanille.

A sad part to my story that i must add though, the week after i bought it the fragrance dropped down to 11.99 (needless to say i bought that one along with a 2.5 cool water for my dad for a grand total of 26.99)

Extremely vanillic and smooth, yet undeniably green and fresh. Warm and sweet, this will surely entice anyone within a 4 foot area around you. Also note the pure cane sugar accord!

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 8.5
Sillage: 9

tuscany
tuscany

I was recommended by a loyal source to try this fra...and WOW..this stuff is really amazing,never was a Givenchy guy,but hey...always a first time..

Anahi
Anahi

I think this should be a Unisex fragrance! I love it! It's a bit like the Paco Rabanne 1million! for men. A lot of women wear it suprisingly! Very crisp, sensual and warm that compliments both men and women!

ANSD
ANSD

Pi is a very nice fragrance...I have it since it was lauched in the market...Pi is very sweet and creamy, it smells like a blend of caramel with vanilla, with a special touch of woods...it's fantastic!! I don't think that it smells like a sintectic perfume!! For me it smells so natural as a caramel cake...It's Fantastic!!

My evaluation:

Scent - 10/10 (very original)
Longevity - 8/10 (not so goog on skin, but fantastic on clothes)
Sillage - 9/10 (nice)

leecher88

ok one add to my comment

a similar fragrance now i know "van cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris"

its really very similar but its not exact the same because "midnight in paris" is little bit more elegant with a oriental touch!

oxm
oxm

Marvelous scent: oriental, spicy,edonist and chemical.
Very hot,500 degrees Celsius, as mysterious Cagliostro
as Genius Leonardo....Pure flame...
Heaven on the door?

aqua76239
aqua76239

I normally wouldn't wear a men's scent but i smelled it years ago on my ex-husband and thought"wow, this is nice..i think i would like to try it on me!". This is very sweet scent so i honestly think that while some guys can get away with it, its not for the most men. I was too afraid to buy a bottle at the time thinking that people will point fingers at me and say what is this crazy girl thinking wearing men's cologne but I finally got over it and got a bottle and it exceeded my expectations. I smells sharp burst of herbs on the first spray, rather citrusy and slighly herbal. But give it a few minutes and it will turn into wondeful vanilla tonka bean warm scent that you just want to cuddle in. Now there is sharper masculine note that takes aways from all that sweetness and that's why it doesn't end up smelling like a typical vanilla female scent(i think its cedar). I was recently complimented on this scent by a guy who thought it was deep and sexy scent. This is a fairly long lasting scent so spray with a light hand.
I had my husband smell it and he didn't care for it for himself, he thought it was woman's fragrance. He thought i was joking when i told him it was for men, lol. I love it, love the name, the bottle and everything about it! HG scent, very unusual and unique and yes, feminine

leecher88

oriental/elegant and for jackets or blazers to put
it on perfect ! i really love it.
Its good for peope with dark skin like latinos or Philipines !

but it should lasts longer !!

longevity : 7/10 around 6 hours

dadulka82
dadulka82

so classy
strong woody/spicy smell
I like it, more suitable for evenings and cold season

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Its both errotic and overwhelming at the same time. Not something that I would add to the collection. For some odd reason I think of love my Carpet with this stuff. Not because it smells the same but I just don’t like it. Its too damn much! Its one of those offensive ones that if you find yourself trapped next too in a movie theatre you will just hate the person who is wearing it.
CLOYING CLOYING CLOYING!!!

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Great take on vanilla.
Romantic ,sensual and calm i cant stop sniff it.
Compliment getter that will be perfect for special occasion in fall and winter.
Longevity 8+hours with good projection.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

It is very synthetic at the beggining, but it becomes better gradually as it developes. I blind bought it, and I wouldn't have bought it if it was not blind, but now I like it. Notice that I just like it; I don't love it. It is overpowering and it is said that this cologne is for romantic situations. well, I don't believe it. And It could be easily women's fragrace too. It is the best work of Givenchy so far, and the bottle looks cool.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Sweet and woody, Pi is a distinctive fragrance. It shines most in cold weather though it can be used in spring time as well. It has that alcohol smell in the beginning but it gradully softens to one of the most sensual colognes out there. This is one of the best men's fragrances ever. A true classic.

SilverFire
SilverFire

At first, Pi smells woodsy, like amber, and has that a bit of that high-end cologne scent. After a while, it mellows into a vanilla scent, and after that, it turns into something foul -- a rank, incense odor that brings out the notes of your sweat! Ugh.

The silage is unsurpassed. You'll never smuggle this stuff anywhere. The bottle (and the flip-down sprayer lock) evokes Egyptian myth.

Pi was definitely not for me, and at the end of the day, I realized where I had smelled it before. When it was first introduced, it was very popular among hoodrats. That ghetto reek? Unfortunately, that's Pi.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Very strong notes of vanilla, yellow sugar and almond. Sticky, harsh, overpowering scent that I had instantly connected to Diesel Fuel for Life.
Pi has a chemical sting that the shampoo I used this morning made me think I was actually wearing it, this I think is brought on by the sugary note, it has to go in my opinion. I'm all for strong, edible scents, but some don't agree with me.

Go and try it, and if you're wanting Pi but can't find or afford it, go for Diesel Fuel for life.

crossbow
crossbow

I don't know why, but on my skin all those other notes that people are talking about below just never show up. It starts out with vanilla, continues to smell like vanilla and ends up with lots of vanilla.

Now, I do like the smell of vanilla, but it comes across as a little feminine and consequently this is not my favourite, it gets a 3 out of 5. I can wear it without feeling nauseated, but it's not something I'd reach for regularly.

SamarraMcQueen
SamarraMcQueen

Both my partner and my sister wear this fragrance, and it smells different on both of them. It is really unique, it smells like caramel and honey, mixed with cedar wood. It smells really sweet on me, it's really much nicer on a man. Unfortunately =[

Kharnak
Kharnak

Nice. Agreeable to many.
Vanilla Cupcake + cinnamon, distant spice. pleasanty sweet. Almost unisex.

mysummernights
mysummernights

I started wearing this after an old boyfriend of mine wore it. It reminds me of cookies and hazelnut. Sweet and nice in the winter, especially since I tend to wear musky and slightly masculine scents well.

Cylob
Cylob

One of the most addictive fragrances I know. Sweet and warm. Really love the almond / benzoin / tonka combo on my skin that makes the scents even sweeter and warmer. Funny to read the reviews on this fragrance. Seems like you either love or hate it. Well I absolutely love it! Can be worn by women as well, but I'm a gender-bender when it comes to fragrances, so please try first!

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

Wow, a lot of reviews for this one, and many from women who wear it or like it.

For me it starts out soft and sweet and then turns into the undeniable scent of sugar cookies baking in the oven. Not a bad scent, and I don't dislike it, but this is NOT what a man should smell like.

Very dissapointing from the House of Givenchy. Nice try, but no thanks.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

My second favorite male perfume. Smells like spicy sugar cookies with some kind of booze in it. Was tempted to buy it for myself, though I think it'd smell best on a musky skin - namely, not mine. Sure fire scent to turn a girl's head.

I wish all men smelled this good... Buy it guys! ;o)

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

A beautiful fragrance indeed. Unique in the sense of being sweet and aromatic without being cloying and yet still somewhat masculine.

It came out in 1998/1999 at the end of a golden era, the Roaring Golden Nineties.

Everything wonderful about the 90ies Zeitgeist is captured in this fragrance: beauty, wealth, research, intellect, wisdom, prosperity, success, contentment, delight, political and economical stability, superiority, supremacy, .....

This scent instantly makes me feel comfortable and at ease for it is a natural skin scent plus gourmandish extras.

Excellent sillage and longevity.

A winter warmer as well. Best used in winter.

8.5/10

Niunia
Niunia

Yummy frag for yummy man:)

vlappleman
vlappleman

Bought this for my husband several years ago, and though he doesn't wear it much, it's still the absolutely yummiest fragrance for a guy ever. Reminds me of a really good oatmeal cookie -- sweet, yes, but with some spice and an undertone of musk, somehow. Smells edible. Men should smell edible.

blueberry
blueberry

Perfect vanilla. So smooth and comforting, almondy/benzoine-vanillic bliss. Great unisex, even nicer on women as it really is too gourmandish for men, IMHO. Actually, Givenchy would have made a fortune if they had advertised it as a women's scent from scratch. If only the lasting power was better, as it disappears pretty quickly from my skin and needs secondary application during the day, however, it stays forever on my clothes! It gets a tad synthetic at some point, but it smells sooo divine that I really do not care - this fragrance is an absolute masterpiece!
Love it, can't resist it.

Classy, sensual, sexy... just perfect. One must be really crazy to say that this fragrance lacks of personality. I'm a big vanilla fun, so yes, this is my absolute fav. Every single time i wear it i'll get asked about it.

rezalon
rezalon

one of my favorie mens fragrances for many years. sweet, vanilla type scent great to wear at night. somehow, over the years has become "too sweet" for me. no longer wear on a daily basis but once in a while for the evenings.

Ladysong
Ladysong

LOVE this on a man. So sexy, yet somehow reassuring and relaxing as well. Wouldn't wear it myself, but I ALWAYS notice when a man wears this.

All I smell is something like herbal medicine and amaretto/vanilla syrup that isn't the ideal for my type of oriental scent. The whole combination is just a bit weird. I have a feeling this could eventually cause a headache for me if I wear it for an extended period of time.

There are many contenders in this group such as Lanvin Arpege Homme, Chopard Homme, Gaultier2, and Ambre by Baldessarini. In my opinion, they work this oriental woody vanilla better than this Pi. So please investigate all the options before going with this fragrance.

diorshowman
diorshowman

This scent is absolutely ridiculous. There is nothing sweet about this fragrance. Its one of those scents that tries to be something, but doesnt know what it wants to be. if it is trying to be a gourmand, it has failed in that respect. Its like...its trying to be sweet...and trying NOT to be sweet at exactly the same time. The result is a confused fragrance, one with no identity. Out of all the gourmands that I have in my collection, this is the most disappointing one. It stays very close to the skin and as a fall/winter scent it doesnt project very well, as the sweetness is VERY muted. To me, this is what an expired bottle of Angel Men or Rochas Men would smell like.

I'll start by saying that I'm the kind of girl that likes natural smells, particularly scents like tobacco, cedar, smoke and leather on her men. Occasionally I enjoy some sweet colognes, but it is very rare when I do.

Pi is a little too sweet in my opinion. To my nose, it smells like caramelised vanilla and musk.

I am somewhat disappointed seeming that so many women on the forum rave about this particular fragrance on their partners. I can appreciate the scent for what it is, but I can't say, from a female's perspective, that I find it very appealing.

It's almost gourmand in its approach. Perhaps it is a masculine version of Tocade by Rochas. Whatever it reminds me of, it makes a good choice for wear in the colder months due to its vanillary warmth.

I'm surprised to see its release date as being 1998, I would have thought it was a much more modern release, at least something brought about in the last few years. However I understand that the whole concept is supposed to be futuristic.

Pi is very much open to personal opinion. You'll either love it or hate it. I don't detest it, nor would I run from it, however I wouldn't run towards its wearer either.

periquito89
periquito89

Oh well, I like the smell! ":¬) I can get a rhyme of it, literally speaking. As I like this kind of sweet smell on my fiancé, how could I do not enjoy Pi? I'm not sure if I would like to look like that "yummy thing" (not that this could be an example of), so to speak ... probably not, but I can easily apreciate its sweetness and in some place, some ocasion, only for myself, just to enjoy it, why not to wear it? Still better than a lot of vanilla scents around here.

Helsinki
Helsinki

:D I'm a bit ashamed to say this aloud: I truly enjoy the attention I get after spraying some Pi. To smell this on a 21-year-old woman's skin (on me) is probably surprising to some strangers. 10 minutes ago, in the tram, I got pretty curious looks from the ladies; one even gazed at me when I got out of the tram. Mission complete. ;)

Like Gaultier2, Pi should be placed on both womens and mens section in a perfume store. :) My verdict is unisex.

And. Heavenly. It. Is.

GrannyBear
GrannyBear

This is a fantastic fragrance - I wear it myself, having fallen in love with it before realising it is supposed to be for men. Very opulent, oriental, long lasting and sexy. Reminds me of some of my favourite scents from the past. OK for daytime wear if you apply with some subtlety, brilliant for evenings. Would probably be just as good on a man ......

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

I had a sample bottle of Pi a while ago, I really loved the scent and how beautifully it got interesting every minute it was on my skin. The projection and sillage seemed very weak though, and I wish Pi came in an EDP version.... I'll definitely have it again soon.

darvish
darvish

اگر سلطان به بازدید از فرنگ تغییر مزاج نکرده باشند و طبع شیرین بر ایشان گران نیاید کاری است بس نیک.اما چه می‌توان کرد که بسیار بندگان به تلخی گراییده‌اند و تاب شیرینی سبلت‌های بناگوش‌دررفته‌ی سلطان را ندارند.. این است که قبل خرید امتحان کنید

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

i own this fragrance for 3 years now and i havent wear this for months now..and i tell you what, this is probably one of my favorites frangrance in givenchy line...its old skool and time classic..plus i love the vanilla smell all the way..for some reason it stick to my skin like my own unique smell..it last so long and projection is crazy..its very sweet for me, which is good ...i love the bottle design..its soft and romactic..i used this for dates and movies...this is a must have for collection...

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

thanks to many ladies reviews and club chatting, i found PI as a winner for them. It,s = somewhat sweet, but yet long lasting. i ll try to love it!

guest_Jerome
guest_Jerome

Yo yo yo.... when I wore dis cologne women grabbed my leg 23 different times and would not let go. I ware dis funky-fly scent 8 days a week now.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Hmmm I find this one very feminine - its practically perfume , too sweet for my tastes and its certainly not origional :(

I dont like vanilla and thats what it smells off -yuk!

adele l
adele l

My boyfriend has this and doesn't wear it nearly enough- it's just delicious on him-on me, way too masculine ( i had to try!)

bronstein
bronstein

It is a plesant smell, but what is the fuzz about? It's just sweet and friendly, something for nice guys, y'know what I mean? This one won't break any hearts.

4xxx4
4xxx4

everyone praised this to heaven, but i still don t konw why...really, why? yes it s quite nice, but nothing extraordinary, or remarkable...it s basicly build just on vanilla,, but i would be very rude, if i said, that i dont like Pi..BUT...i have a Fath Pour L homme on my shelf and i think, THAT is the one!!!fath is pi updated to highest level - sexy, sweet and vanilla like kind of scent!!that is unique one, not pi...try fath, and you ll never be spellbound by Pi..

geegee
geegee

My man has this, i bought it for him after we tested it in a store the other week.

Its divine, dries down warm & powdery. I can smell the tonka bean & vanilla from the very beginning, the dry down warmth reminds me of Diesel zero plus masculine (my favourite on him). This is a close second though & makes me want to sniff him all night.

A winner.

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

Very feminine fragrance with a vanilla overload which leaves a sweet cotton candy trail behind. When I smell this I see the colour pink.

jah
jah

till today for me the most original fragrance..nice but too strong for me..of course cus it s for men:))

secretcrush
secretcrush

Definitely one of my favorites for men, its very warn cozy and sorta gourmandish(if thats even a word lol) w/ its generous dose of vanilla however not sickly-sweet or overly-feminine... Definitely can easily identify this one when I smell it on a guy...

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I know it's a man fragrance, but i "stole" a small bottle from my fiance and wear it occasionally)) very sensual and cozy perfume!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

OMG, c3c, this smells AMAZING on a man! I picked it out for my fiance and it's one of his favorite fragrances. I never smell it on other men, and I don't know why. It's incredibly sensual and almost gourmand due to the benzoin and vanilla. Deep and sexy. More men should wear this!

karlee79
karlee79

I wore this for along time! i wore it in my 20's, its is one of the nicest vanilla smells every, super comforting, and last long time. Not sure why this is a mens fragrance???? I know lots of other women who wear this as well, actually thats how I came about this frag, I asked a lady what she was wearing and she told me Pi by Givenchy!!! love this smell

c3c
c3c

Pi makes me think of amaretto liquor. Amaretto and vanilla...wonderful. Thankfully it borders unisex enough for women to wear. I love it, and would absolutely love to smell it on a man.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Sweet, kind, warm, lovely, well balanced, equable, gentle, and graceful.

All notes have a great Harmony whit each other and there is nothing less or more than it should be.

I like it ☺

Update: after a year, I feel it’s more feminine! So I gave it to my sister! Now she likes it!

شیرین، گرم، ناز، دوست داشتنی، وانیلی، و خوشمزه
دوام و پخش بوی متوسطی داره
حدود دو سه ساعت

clortiz
clortiz

Cool bottle, even better scent!

BIG
BIG

this is sooo good!!! The drydown reminds a bit of Jaipur Homme, but that's a good thing since i dore that fragrance!!! A straight class act scent!!!

mado17
mado17

One of all time masterpieces...soft, romantic and generous scent. Lot of vanilla colognes exist in the market, ut this one is uniquely different. I have never received but wonderful compliments wearing it.

instantjim
instantjim

Nice and sweet with vanilla. I really wish I had bought this instead of Opium pour Homme, it would fill the same place in my fragrance wardrobe and is not cloying and overly sweet as Opium.

I would give it 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993 out of 4

...approximately.

rithacha
rithacha

Finally, a straight-up vanilla I can tolerate! I've been looking for one for a long long time, and I have a feeling this is It. Coming from someone for whom vanilla ranks just below patchouli on the "avoid" list, this means a lot. :)

Pi begins with a character similar to Tocade at the first spray. It's kind of a powdery sugarcone vanilla. But the resemblance doesn't last longer than ten minutes max. After that point, Tocade diverges into warm bubbly happy drunk vanilla, while Pi remains sober. Pi feels much cooler (in temperature) than most vanilla gourmands. There's a level of seriousness to it that I suppose comes from being a cologne, and I find that soo attractive. Make no mistake, it's still sweet, but grounded by cedar and rosemary. I also think the interaction with almond and tonka bean is very well done. The sillage is quiet on me, but the lasting power is greater than most of the perfumes I own. Finally, this might be irrelevant for some, but the bottle is gorgeous.

Nope, there's nothing feminime about Pi. But at the same time, there's lacking that unmistakably masculine note to it that would *prevent* women from wearing it. Soo I'd say either gender can go for it. I feel as though the final conclusion would depend on the attitude of the wearer.

jasonx
jasonx

Just try this one today, if you like gourmand fragrances like me then this is a vanilla dream comes true. Very one dimentional, very sweet, very comforting and very...well...vanilla

6opar
6opar

A personal favourite - i don't have anything new to add to the below reviews.
It is a glamorous fragrance holding great memories - it's like a friend i will never forget.
I agree about the guaiac wood in it - being the one ingredient that makes Pi masculine.
A true classic that is sexy nowadays too.
Even more nowadays compared to the popular current aquatic fresh and modern $$$$. *****

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

I bought Pi blind and it is different than I expected from all reviews but I like it. It's sweet but relaxing vanilla with just small hint of citrus and woods at opening. Then it evolves into vanilla with little almond. It doesn't smell like real vanilla at opening and is rather synthetic on top but become much more enjoyable over time (half hour or so). Sillage and longevity is great (1 spray on chest is enough for 12 hours) so don't overspray on this one. I like it as winter, romantic and office fragrance.

Overall 7/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

Getelle
Getelle

for me Pi is more a female than a male, cause of huge mass of confectionary, I sweet-toothly guess.
on my mind it's a(rather pale, indeed) reflection of Venezia by Laura Biagiotti. when the masculine notes gone away, my venezian nostalgy calms down :) for a short-short while, of course.

miguelbh
miguelbh

One word to define it: SPETACULAR!
IMO Givenchy Pi is Body Kouros without incense and eucalyptus.I really like Body, but i much prefer Pi (Makes me feel more elegant).
Excellent sillage and longevity too.
if you like sweet vanillic scents go ahead and enjoy it!
Please, just don´t overspray it!

andy

a timeless classic and way better than the guccis IMO its one of the flawless colognes you cannot go wrong with and has a nice masculine edge to it.

perfect for romantic/intimate occasinos and formal events this stuff has a very rich sophisticated seductive feel that everyone is tryin to copy

mmizy
mmizy

I bought a mini of this scent for my dad becuase of the good reviews. But I didn't expect it to be so sweet and vanilla-y. Wow i don't think my dad will ever trust me again to pick out a fragrance. lol just joking. But this is not a woody scent to me at all. Its just warm vanilla sugar with a touch of wood in the background. Where is the orange or basil? I am the owner of the mini now. And i think that its more suitable for me anyway. only for cold days

Chris2448
Chris2448

It is one of those few sweet scents that don't give you a headache and isn't overdone. It smells mostly like a relaxing and seductive vanilla. This one is great for a date. It is sweet yet easy on your nose.

I didn't expect to like a male scent, but I do! I'm a floral-oriental lady, I like very feminine smells or it at least what it is considered feminine.
Pi is very interesting because it's not the usual blast of "fresh" concoction that so many men fragrances are.
It's much warmer and romantic, still it's distinctively male. It's very aromatic and woody not very dry.
It has a fresh note that remind me a lot of Dior Dune for man.
A woman could easily wear this, but I'm sure it makes a great effect on a man!

sjanira
sjanira

As a female I was very intrigued by this fragrance. I saw the notes and thought to myself, 'this is a fragrance I can pull off' And I can! it's just what I like, sweet and gourmand. I thought the top notes would be too masculine but they're not. It's vanilla sugary, warm and a bit smokey. I even detect a bit of caramel, It's not too woody but there's enough in there to notice. I find this a little more feminine than masculine. I still like it when my husband wears it. I definitely use it wear it more than him.

Mentirosa
Mentirosa

Delicious! This is trully a romantic masculine fragrance.

It's lasting power and warm heart is what makes this EDT such a delight.

andy

the woods and spice really create a very bold and sensual drydown and its all well balanced to give an edge to this scent that will make it sexy and alluring.

although many of these oriental woodsy scents are night time scents this smells so good that i would wear it over a citrus scent any time.

saint2006
saint2006

The first time i purchased this. I gave it away. I didnt know what to think. That was during the winter season. I decided to give it another shot. I was more worried about it's softness and warmth, and hesitated everyday. I know that the ratings are up on PI during the cooler season, but decided to wear this during summer. I was wrong....Absolutley Beautiful! Givenchy Pi is one of kind.

rodda31
rodda31

good perfume n it last long..........

karriebean
karriebean

the sexiest scent on a man ~

i just don't think there could be one any better. soft, smooth, sexy, soothing. it is perfect for a confident man. a man who doesn't need a loud obnoxious 'fresh' scent. those ones make me gag.

Pi draws you in, not repels you.

ticalau
ticalau

I just got tested this, and i belive it's a romantic fragrance, good for evening... it's powerful and sillage ok i guess.After 6h it's still "loud" :D The base notes r just wonderful .The top notes r very soft and sweet at the same time, and i can really distinguish the brown sugar :D It's a bit classic but very modern at the same time and like i said good for evening, good for dates and romantic time :D Nice one from Givenchy ;)

guest_Love
guest_Love

My fiancee wears this in our first meet. I love his scent because it drives me wild in bed. It has a provocative smell. I want to nibble him or even eat him up. The composition of PI Givenchy was great! Long lasting fragrance... Women will definitely fall in love to a Man who wears this scent.

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is my favorite fragrance on a man! I like how it's sweet and dark, but there's enough herbs and wood to keep it from being pastry-like. I think it's very sexy and indeed one of those fragrances that makes me want to nuzzle the neck- it makes me think of warm skin.

I tried to wear it myself once because I was in love with the dry-down, but it was too strong and herbaceous on me. :( Lasting power is superb and I think it actually smells best hours after it's applied.

Brumen
Brumen

Tonka bean, vanilla, almond, benzoin....fantastic mix. I can't feel top notes 'cos the base one are overpowering to my nose, but no problems, I love these essences, so hot and powdered...mmmmmmmmmhhmmmmm

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This is my all time male fragrance favourite!A masterpiece,its so sexy and warm.I love it,all men should wear this one..

falovalo
falovalo

Sexy in a bottle! This and Magnetism for men are by far my favorite colognes. It's sweet, warm and vanilla-laden without being feminine, comforting and it draws you in. Whenever I smell this on my boyfriend, I want to cuddle up to him and breathe him in.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

A very nice vanilla-based fragrance. Would be great for autumn wear. This fragrance has gotten me more compliments than any other fragrance I own. Also, the sillage and longevity are both fantastic!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Givenchy Pi can be described as a sweet-herbal balmy, spicy oriental. Don't be intimidated by "sweet". The woods and herbs maintains it's masculinity. This is romance all the way. Far too intimate to be your everyday. With this you'll be noticed, chased and violated.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Starts off strong and almost spicy to my nose, but turns sweet rather quickly. It's definitely sweeter than Pi Neo, but after it dries down, I found that I actually like it. I say sweet...but there's something about it that makes me think "mature" and manly, and not feminine and yummy. I agree that it's a much warmer and cozier scent than Pi Neo (but I still prefer the latter because it smells very rugged, clean, and sexy to me). Overall, though, it's a very handsome fragrance.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

What a fabulous scent. Very vanilla, very delicious, very gourmand , very long lasting, its even sexy. What else can I say one of the best colognes out there.

sky76sky
sky76sky

ooooo, now this really intruigues me....I'm always poking my nose into men's fragrances, after something with a bit more depth & spice than the majority of women's fragrances. This one seems truely unisex to me.

Very warm & delicious - I'd be a little wary of any man who spritzed this on....it's totally edible! I don't think I'd follow a fella round a shop to sniff it (L'Eau d'Issey holds that power) but it is more of an intimate scent anyway.....you'd have to be in close to start with!

Great on a man I imagine, but much better on me, thanks ;p

ewan
ewan

took some finding this one to try before i bought.. but well worth tracking down.. top drawer stuff.. big thumbs up.

guest_weegal
guest_weegal

I have extremely sensitive and can't wear most perfumes or oils but this is the only spray that doesn't irritate my skin. I think it's the perfect unisex aroma. I remember sitting next to a friend and wondering what cologne he was wearing. There was something familiar, and yet odd. Turned out that we were both wearing Pi but it smelt quite different on him - even muskier. I love the design and the name. Everything about it is unique, I can't rave enough about Pi.

Frank20190
Frank20190

Used for years as aftershave. Pleasant especially in the drydown. Makes me feel precise as in 3.141592. No complaints but strangely enough no compliments.

essija
essija

This by far is my favorite mens cologne, I like it so well if I had a bottle of it I would wear it. Lovely Oriental scent, unlike anything else, light and hint of spicey powder. Cannot describe how good this smells...
Would Jump all over a man wearing this... I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off him.... (well maybe)..

guest_Master Scents
guest_Master Scents

I'm surprised nobody mentioned anything about baby powder, because that's the first thing that comes to mind, as well as the vanilla. My girlfriend LOVES this smell, and she won't let me wear anything else at night. This is definitely in my top ten. And I'd even buy it if it came in an ugly polo-explorer-like bottle! (I don't understand why people use the shape of the bottle as a factor in determining what is a good cologne)

mirror
mirror

I tried this today because I am amazed by its bottle and the creativity with the name and how every seems to fit. I bet the bottle's measurements are somehow related to pi...
I expected it to be more sporty though. its a nice smell... not all that unique though. I don't think I would recognize it again.
It's just a more or less ordinary mature mens fragrance.

Stefan
Stefan

Shut up and get it, or not, I'll still be the only one around me wearing it.

It's the king.

I've gotten more compliments on this than any cologne I've ever worn. Something about it makes girls drown in your neck. Mixes well with Lacoste Essentials.
Buy it, it will be a classic. Very sweet, and still has a sweet bite. Don't expect sporty or fresh here.

da_markos
da_markos

i bought miniature coz i love the bottle. scents is too sweet but it can be for rotation with other scents during winter time

Rockdj
Rockdj

My signature fragrance this one is a master piece, the sweet vanilla on it took my attention, sweet, masculine, wonderfull. great 4 winter and tuxedo night, long lasting around 10 hours my clothes even smell after be washed GREAT!The bottle is an sculpture.

cleopatras_boudoir
cleopatras_boudoir

I love this scent on my husband. It has a certain "it" factor, plus it smells sweet and vanillic which we both love in fragrances. On him, it smells very comforting and its a great cologne to snuggle up to in bed.

nauticaa
nauticaa

A wonderful scent. Very vanilla (that made me steal a little bit from it from my husband)but defintively, for a romatic man who is not afraid to smell sweet and not-so provocative pheromone-manly.

Rather alot like Bvlgari Black with sharp woods. Sweet, vanillic, but with a dry, sharp wood note that takes it out of the comfortable and also unfortunately makes it too bite-y for me.

azuriiita
azuriiita

Its very sweet-sugary and light... it makes me remember Lagerfeld but a bit softer and modern.
Its clean, cool, cozy... i think is suitable for warm days... However its not a "fresh" scent
Nothing special or sexy i guess... only well :)
I like the bottle :)

XSX
XSX

I taught this was a female fragrance...It smells like coconut, vanilla and almond. Not a trail of masculine note in it! Good for women though.

Suzy
Suzy

Wonderful, soft warm, vanilla scent which I'd classify as a unisex fragrance. I bought this for my husband after smelling it on a male co-worker, but I wore it, too.

phedra
phedra

For me it's all about amaretto, not overly sweet and I think it better suits women than men

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I will agree with most comments. It is a true vanilla fragrance. A little on the sweet side but well balance fragrance. Can be worn my both men and women.

Aalia
Aalia

I bought a small bottle of this for my husband. He is a Chanel die-hard. This not his favorite perfume, but, he wears it to bed as if it is a 'secondary' choice perfume. I am glad he appreciates it, he can be a perfume-snob type sometimes. I think it smells very 'gourmand'. Definetely vanilla-y and chocolate-y. Itś 'nice' . It is not provocative or overly stimulating.

slipcat
slipcat

If someone likes Vanilla, they will like this fragrance, if not, they probably won't. It starts out strong, but softens a tad as the day goes on. Long lasting, so you won't have to use much and definitely won't need to reapply later. I have received several compliments while testing it out, so I may make this my "date night" fragrance. It has a richness to it. Like promoscanner said "good for a coffee date....."

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

As a woman, I would wear this. One of the most gorgeous vanilla scents out there. Warm and cozy.

elgab89
elgab89

Beautiful fragrance. For a more mature man.

promoscanner
promoscanner

Good scent. Fairly soft, almost feminine. The vanilla and almond work well together. Good for a coffee date on a winter night.

Pi by Givenchy 3.86 out of 5 based on 2220 ratings and 386 user reviews

Givenchy Play Deodorant by Givenchy, 2.5 oz Roll-On Deodorant for Men
Givenchy Play Deodorant by Givenchy, 2.5 oz Roll-On Deodorant for Men
Givenchy Play Deodorant by Givenchy, 5 oz Deodorant Spray for Men
Givenchy Play Deodorant by Givenchy, 5 oz Deodorant Spray for Men
Very Irresistible Fresh Attitude Cologne by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gift Set 0.1oz
Givenchy Les Mini Prismes Travel Set 1x Yeux Quatuor 1x Face Powder 1x Powder Blush 2x Applicator 5pcs
Givenchy purple Box Cologne by Givenchy, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Gentleman Deodorant by Givenchy, 5 oz Deodorant Spray Can for Men
Givenchy Play Cologne by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Givenchy Play Cologne by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Aftershave
Aftershave 3.4oz
Givenchy purple Box After Shave Balm by Givenchy, 3.4 oz After Shave Balm for Men
PI for MEN by Givenchy AFTERSHAVE 3.4 OZ
Gentleman Cologne by Givenchy, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Givenchy purple Box Cologne by Givenchy, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Givenchy purple Box Cologne by Givenchy, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gift Set 3.3oz
Gentleman Gift Set by Givenchy Gift Set for Men Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5 oz All Over Shampoo in Gift Box
Pi After Shave by Givenchy, 3.4 oz After Shave for Men
Givenchy Pi Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Play 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Play 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.4oz
Givenchy Play Gift Set by Givenchy Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette spray 2.5 oz Shower gel 2.5 oz After Shave Gel
Givenchy Pi 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Pi 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Aftershave 3.3oz
Gentleman After Shave by Givenchy, 3.3 oz After Shave for Men
Gentleman After Shave by Givenchy, 3.3 oz After Shave for Men
Gift Set
Gift Set
Play Intense by Givenchy for Men
Givenchy Ange Ou Etrange Le Secret Poetry Of A Winter Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Eau De Toilette 2oz
Pi Leather Edition by Givenchy for Men
Pi Leather Edition by Givenchy for Men
Givenchy Pi Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Pi Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Pi for Him Eau de Toilette, 3.3 oz
Givenchy Pi for Him Eau de Toilette, 3.3 oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Givenchy Pi Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz All Over Shampoo 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Givenchy Pi Eau de Toilette, 5 oz
Givenchy Pi Eau de Toilette, 5 oz
Givenchy Play 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Play 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Pi 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Pi 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Pi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Pi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pi by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pi by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.