Designers » F-H » Woody « Groups

Pi Neo Givenchy for men

Pi Neo Givenchy for men
dislike

Pi Neo Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Neo Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Neo Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Neo Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Neo Givenchy for men Pictures Pi Neo Givenchy for men Pictures

Matrix has you. Inspired by The Martix movie, and by the virtual world of the future (or already present) times, Givenchy introduced their perfume Pi Neo in September 2008. It was designed by perfumers of the house of Givaudan. According to the designer, the new perfume is not a variation of the Pi theme, but an absolutely independent fragrance carrying an idea of reality revision.

The known fragrancy notes are: mandarin, bergamot, myrrh, cedar and patchouli.

Pi is a mathematic constant often used in mathematics and physics. An irrational number. π can be defined in Euclid's pyramid as a relation between volume and diameter of a circle. π is also known as Archimedes' constant and Ludolf's number. The name Pi denotes perimetros, which means 'to measure around' when translated from Greek.

Givenchy combined Pi with futuristic Neo from Matrix and reached Givenchy's constant: 'to smell well everywhere'!

Pi Neo arrives in a glass bottle and by its design it reminds of the original Pi, with a difference that it is not shaped like a pyramid, but like a square, with sharp cut sides and the same top as its predecessor, but this time made of metal and coloured in silver.

As for the composition, the olfactive director Francoise Dounche was in charge of this new futuristic composition. He designed this neo-explosive fragrance and combined natural ingredients for the first time: bergamot, mandarin, cedar, patchouli and vanilla with synthesis of three molecules (Toscanol, Safraleine and Cosmone), which makes a completely different base of the fragrance and contributes to a sensational composition. The result is quite special and can be compared with a new dimension created between time and space.

Toscanol was created by the house of Givaudan and invented to replace chavicol, and its intention is to contribute to intensity and longevity of the composition. It is stable in aromatic compositions where it prolongs strength and durability of aromas. It is very durable, stays as many as two days on the blotter, when you try the fragrance, and it s very useful for modification of lavender aromas and refreshing spicy aromas.

Safraleine is a product by the house of Givaudan, which contributes to unique, hot and twinkling effect and offers a new alternative for spicy combinations.

Safraleine offers hot, powerful, tobacco and leather faces, but its complexity reveals spicy characteristics of natural saffron, enriched with floral rose aspects.

Cosmone introduces rich and intensive musk accords, which decorate the whole composition with elegant aromas. This biologically decomposive molecule increases volume of environment-friendly chemical components, and it was invented in the house of Givaudan.

The perfume Pi Neo will be available from September 2008, with an accompanying line of body care products. The perfume is advertised by Kelly Rippy, and the photographer is Solve Sundsbo.

The perfumer is Francoise Donche

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Cedar Myrtle

Patchouli

Pi Neo Fragrance Reviews

HarvestAngel
HarvestAngel

My wife bought pi neo for me valentines day before last. I had never smelled it and honestly had never heard of it. As far as Givenchy scents go I would say it falls short on a few things. It is not unpleasant very fresh, crisp, and I want to say metallic? It's not anything special however and it does not last long imho. I am used to higher end fragrance that gives me at least hours of potency. I find that this loses it's scent very quickly with that said it's not bad for putting on after a shower to go to bed or wearing to work but I definitely wouldn't buy this one. A rare miss for Givenchy

Bottom line - mediocre

Jassar
Jassar

Smells like liquid metal. I know they were going for "the Matrix" smell but it is a fail.

Scrubability = high

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

Very pleased with this frag. Initially I get a bit Givenchy Pi vibe and can see the connection to the original but this one is much brighter with the citrus notes initially. The citris does fade down after a little bit but is still detecable for a few hours. I applied three shots at 6am and had a pretty good balance of notes until the afternoon (about 4pm). After that the cedar was really shining through without any detecable citrus. I tend to enjoy frags that change over time and don't stay linear with the same strong note the entire time. This offering from Givenchy is a great product in the Pi line. It is more subtle than the original and doesn't have the projection but will be great for spring and summer though I could see it being used year round in the office without any trouble.

Okay call me crazy but does Pi Neo have the almond/vanilla thing of the original?
Are these additional notes listed here? Because I'm feeling some of them but with the definite accord of the original which is primarily a very sickly, supercharged amaretto/marzipan vibe.
It's more than that though the original is so complex and tips the balance between supreme and awful on my skin. Something about Pi puts me in mind of a poisonous noxious gas that smells super sweet just before you succumb to the fumes.
Well Neo has a complete different opening and indeed smells like a different fragrance entirely...namely a really nicely done mardarin and cedar fresh accord. However as it dries down the signiture sweet vanilla and almond of the original come through. Strange transition but it works and the cedar remains too making it slightly different to Pi in that it doesn't really have that off putting nature and Neo actually works on my skin.
Not bad all in all but Longevity is not great like the original.

demar4244
demar4244

I absolutely love this on my husband. It's fresh but also sexy. The scent is subtle, creamy, and alluring. He always gets a big hug and kiss from me when he wears this.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Clean and fresh, also quite long lasting.
I like it

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

Just ok!
I expected more from a Givenchy fragrance!
Intense, but a bit too sweet!
You can easily get sick of it during the day.
Not the best!

darksome
darksome

I really like this fragrance, but I'm not sure if it's enough interesting for a purchase. It's just nice and very comfortable.

What I like about Neo? The strong pleasant cedar note, which still isn't too fresh because of the support of patchouli in a very creamy way.

I do get some similarities with the original Pi, but in a very small amount. Curious if this gets even a little sweeter in the warm months or not (well I just love sweet cozy scents on men).

I'm still not sure...

robg303
robg303

Have you ever been to a car show, like a "Tuner" or "Hot Rodding" gathering?
With all those gleaming, waxed metal body panels and polished rims, along with well oiled tires and car fragrance, there is a very distinctive and unique scent in the air...... NEO reminds me of that!

It opens with a glint of freshness, covered by a warm and lightly spiced blanket that was placed onto a silver tray. While I usually love most patchouli fragrances, I have a hard time picking it out in this.

NEO has a warm-woodsy character that you associate with oriental type fragrances, but theres a synthetic-ness that holds it all back, making it rather linear and reminding me of industrial office cleansers also.

I assume that was the goal...a fresh, spicy, slightly metallic scent?

The idea behind it was cool and the bottle itself is really neat, but it just doesn't seem like NEO from the Matrix would actually wear this.

Probably best suited for one of Mr. Smith's Agents.

Nick M
Nick M

Quality scent, loved it on the sample card, but turned out way too powdery/linen on my skin. I just can't seem to find the citrus notes in it. It's confusing to me why they named it or made it to look the way it is.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

When I first got a whiff of Pi Neo on a card at Macy's I had to know what it was.. I had the sales lady show me which fragrance she had sprayed.. I was shocked to see what it was, but nevertheless I went back a couple days later and bought it.. There was something about the way it smelled on that card that day.. I smelled a lot myrrh, like the myrrh oil that I burn on my oil burner, except it smelled very fresh and cool.. Neo opens up really fresh, sparkly, and I smell alot of bergamot.. The bergamot in Neo smells alot like earl grey tea, which smells really nice.. On my skin the fragrance started to smell a lot different than how I remembered it on the card.. I still smell a little bit of the myrrh but not as much as I smelled on the paper which was the reason I bought it.. Neo has cedar which gives it a woody touch, myrtle, and a nice clean patchouli.. Neo also uses some synthetics which gives it a futuristic vibe which is what they were trying to do with this fragrance, hence the name "Neo".. Overall the fragrance is fresh, sweet a little powdery, but still is has warmth to it.. That is why it is very versatile and I can see it being used all year round, hot or cold.. It is a very nice fragrance, I used it as a casual type of fragrance when I wanted to smell good but did not want to wear anything special.. The scent is really pleasant but longevity and projection were not very good, but overall thumbs up!

taimoorirfan
taimoorirfan

Quite nice perfume, fresh scent, lasts 5-6 hours on my skin, like the scent its quite good

erkanarda
erkanarda

maybe sillage and longetivity is not excellent but the scent gives me confidence,it is relaxing.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Givenchy Pi Neo is a very underrated fragrance for some reason. I think it is a great flanker to the original Pi, with a heavier take on woods. It still reminds me of the original because it has sweetness from the vanilla, but lacks that burnt sugar feeling that Pi has. It is well blended and very masculine, in my opinion. I think Pi Neo can be worn during all seasons, making it a great signature scent. To me, Givenchy fragrances never fail to impress and I believe that the house is on par with Dior and Chanel in terms of quality.

sergio3388
sergio3388

Don't like at all. Far for being a great creation of Givenchy.

Adrien02
Adrien02

Givenchy has done it again! From the bottle design to the juice inside, this is an eloquent fragrance for anyone aspiring to the coolness of the Matrixs' Neo (Frankly I personally believe the newest Bond gentleman, Daniel Craig, would be the poster guy for this frag. While I do not aspire to be as coool as Neo or Daniel Craig, I do find myself reaching for this more often lately. There's something soothing and ethereal while being silmutaneously grounded while wearing this. Self assurance, that's what I was thinking about. A self assuring fragrance. For someone who knows what they're about and needs no confirmation or affirmation as to onesself. Class in a bottle.
Works equally well from desk to dusk.
The newest "Endless Elegance."

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It's blue but it doesn't smell blue, that is, aquatic/fresh. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but on me it's cloying and kind of sour.

Not quite a scrubber, but almost.

"The result is quite special and can be compared with a new dimension created between time and space." Uh, no, it can't.

--------

Second wearing: I forget that I tried this stuff before! Anyway, now it reminds me of a Versace (Pour Homme, Eau Fraiche or Eros). Sme general vibe. I like it better than I did on the first wearing, but, nio, not enough to ever buy it or wear it again. Unless I forgot I did again.

I get no metallic notes from this at all.

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Dry down of this one is so identical to the Heart or middle phase of Midnight in Paris. In the very beginning stages, on my arm when i sprayed this, it was really sweet, quite yummy actually. Then it settled down into something like Midnight in Paris. I love the complexity of this Fragrance. Not boring at all

Prominent cedar that isn't overbearing. Beyond that Pi Neo is sweet, juicy mandarin and a relatively clean patchouli. It's not terribly exciting, but it's pleasant enough.

alexriv0
alexriv0

all my life i use only one perfume and that was ultraviolet, i got a problem to find something that i love but after i use that pi neo on me i love it
(sorry for bad english)

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Givenchy has introduced many excellent men's cologne over the last two decades. PI NEO is one of many where the scent stands out as a FABULOUS cologne for men. Givenchy has combined Bergamot with a woodsy scent which has a very calming effect. It could be used as a fall/winter men's cologne. It dries back very well and it keeps it's allure of a classy fragrance. I have used it both during the day and in the evening's and I have received many complements from both my co-worker's and friends wanting to know which cologne I was wearing. After a while it takes a nice Amber/Myrrh scent which comes off as a rich men's cologne not being very strong.
I would rate this as a 9/10 both in longevity and sillage which makes this men's fragrances AWESOME. I give it two thumbs up....

bcire3k
bcire3k

This one is definitely confusing me. It smells good no doubt, but I cannot distinguish its ideal season. It smells like a winter scent during winter and fall, but then during hot sunny days, it starts to seem like a fitting cologne for summer...maybe it's just a very versatile fragrance...

It smells more powdery on cold days while on hot days it smells more...citrusy...weird. Very glad I bought it considering it seems to adapt to the climate.

Lasts very long on me and projects pretty well too, well enough to garner compliments anyway.

7/10 for me. Good scent.

weijia.li.33
weijia.li.33

I don't like it at the first spray. But after a few seconds the scent begins to be pleasant. It's joyful and very relaxing. Almost like the cool air thorugh the bathroom where someone just finishes shower. Honestly I would like to use it at spring time.

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

it's very weak and soft perfume. i don't like it because it fade away very soon. scent is good but no stuff.damn it.it's waste your money
این عطر بسیار ضعیف است و اصلا ارزش خریدن ندارد. به نظر من پولتان را دور می ریزید

Limelight

After experiencing this fragrance on many different occasions, its my opinion that NEO should be worn on cool or colder nights. It has a warming affect that does not go well with warmer temps. It becomes almost sickly and annoying when matched with warmer weather, but soft, masculine, and pleasant with lower temps. Colder the better.

royal112
royal112

To me its a very typical summer scent and I find it a very safe fragrance.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Pi Neo is an innovative scent, in which natural ingredients like bergamot, Mandarin orange, cedar, vanilla and patchouli were mixed, for the first time, with 3 molecules: Toscanol, Safraleine and Cosmone, all created by Givaudan. The 1st one is used to give emphasis to the durability of the perfume, the 2nd to enrich the aroma of spices and the last one to praise musky accords and give elegance to the cologne.

On my skin, it became a very linear scent, from the beginning to the end.
It has an aroma that I would call "creamy-refreshing" that permeates for hours on the skin, however, with low projection (as I remember, this is the first time that I complain about the projection of a Givenchy cologne). But the lasting is great, and it gets into the skin in a discreet and elegant way (must be the Cosmone!).

It is a comfortable scent and, in my opinion, it is ideal for daytime and for closed environments such as offices, medical offices, etc.

Norman24
Norman24

I've received alot of compliments on this fragrance... Funny thing is, after a few hours on I cannot smell it but others can...

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

I like Givaudan fragrances..
They usually come up with good inventions..in terms of uniqueness.

As for Givenchy..they do very well in most of their lines..and if you notice, a main ingredient in Givenchy fragrances is "cedar"!

Which makes you to think..how could the designers rely on the same main ingredient yet everytime produce a unique fragrance.

Maybe that's why I like Givenchy generally.

I am sorry,but I do not agree with those claiming Pi Neo is not unique.

Pi Neo is neat..clean..sharp & comfortably wearable day in day out.
Cedar + patchouli is really a great combination. Brilliant!

miss mills
miss mills

A colleague wears this and it's nice - citrus notes with a woodsy drydown. Nice for work - the citrus gives it just enough difference so that it isn't too generic male frag (to me, anyway) - inoffensive but not particularly special - good for work, esp in winter.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I like it! i can drown myself in this scent ..

...strangely i reminds me of some happy times i cannot remember...it evokes happy feelings on me... does anybody else smell Roma from Laura Biagiotti in it???
Only thing is WHY they called this one PI?? Why didnt they just called it Neo ?? The original is completely diffrent..
Its a summer scent but i gues in winter it can make more of a statement.
I read somewhere it is based on toscanol where it prolongs strength and durability of aromas so it smells longer, i only have a test bag with a few drops, i need to try it good someday.
A winner for me, i like it.

andronicos
andronicos

It smells like Burberry Brit at the drydown.

sumpunk85
sumpunk85

I tried a sample of Pi Neo that I received from a retail store. The opening is very strong bergamot almost headache inducing. Ten minutes later your are getting whiff's of woody cedar as you walk with a background of vanilla powder. You can tell it is from the Givenchy house.

It is definitely a masculine scent. I find it to be more of a "grown up" dressy scent. If I was going for dressy scent, I would choose Dior Homme.

It doesn't have a lot of play to it like…well (no pun intended)..Play & Play Intense. The tonka bean in the Play line makes it have a slight edge over Pi Neo. I can't speak for the projection, but the longevity is on par with other Givenchy fragrances. It stands out and projects on clothing longer, but becomes close on the skin quickly.

It does have reminisce of Nautica Voyage, which I think is a better fragrance than Pi Neo. If you want more cedar and vanilla, this is your scent. I think there are far better fragrances out there than this.

OZ
OZ

It took me awhile to appreciate this fragrance. All I get at first sniff was this strange artificial sweetness. After a few times going back and forth: Pi Neo starts out very sweet, then the fruits kick in. I get a lot of citrus underneath all sweetness, and strangely a very light hint of coconut as well. Is very pretty compares to it's original brother.

Chimp
Chimp

Pi Neo is decent cologne but for me it seems like it's a worsened version of Nautica Voyage, which is the best aquatic fragrance i have ever smelled. If you like Pi Neo i'd recommend you to check out Nautica Voyage.

andy

its a well done fragrance from a great perfume house and I would recommend this better than pi since pi is very sweet and heavy, i think this and givenchy play are their best frags

honestly i love patchouli and rich woods in fragrances and in this one it really gives it that extra punch without the cloying amber, musk, powedery tonka bean which is often ubiquitous in many frags

sodamnhyphy
sodamnhyphy

so...don't call me weird but one of my goals in life was to smell like a baby. a new born baby. you guys know that smell lol so sexy right?

basically, on my skin (and to my nostrils) pi neo by givenchy makes me smell like a baby!

very powdery in my opinion. nothing that stands out but to me it smells DIVINE.

i might have just found what ive been looking for in a fragrance. yay!

Limelight

I was in the process of selecting which cologne i would buy for the new year. I sampled dozens both new and old. One day i sprayed a sample of Neo on myself at the local mall and at first thought this was really good. I usually give myself time with a new cologne, i have been burned by love at first smell too many times.
That night i casually threw my shirt on a chair in my bedroom and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and awakened to the smell of Neo. It took a minute or two while i was trying to place where such a wonderful smell was coming from. I remembered the shirt! I went over and grabbed it and said "thats it" I purchased a bottle a few days later, and happily added it to my collection. I thought it would be great for winter or spring.

lizzie81
lizzie81

To me this smells like the original Pi but a bit fresher and less feminine. I am also getting Benzion although it isn't listed in the description, there's a sweetness to it and a slight woody note although this isn't dominant. Love this I think it's a fantastic fragrance for men and women also ;)

canuck21
canuck21

A really good fragrance. I dislike the original pi as its way to feminine for my liking, this is very modern and is perfect for one of those cool winter days with just a bit of snow falling, it can also be used in the spring and fall and occasionally in the summer so its very versatile. The vanilla dosage is just right and the patchouli and myrtle in there it makes this fragrance feel fresh but in a different sense. I get great longevity between 6-8 hours and projection is not bad either. Not my most favourite cologne but a solid one that i really enjoy.

natefifield
natefifield

Masculine, but with a modern edginess. It feels thick, leathery. It vibrates with dark intensity. It's heavy and strong, but not sexy, not human. Sturdy, dependable, like a contemporary, modernist leather sofa in a darkly lit, austere loft.

It is not inviting. As warm as it is, it feels a bit suffocating, a bit arrogant. As dark as it is, it is not dirty enough. A little bit of sweetness would help, a dash of fruitiness or citrus to lighten it, and give it a bit of bounce. It's too monolithic, strained.

jayscotch34
jayscotch34

I prefer this to the original pi, and this one always pulls compliments for me. I rarely buy the same frag twice, but this will be in my collection till the day I die, which will probably be the day I kill myself if this is ever discontinued, lol.

jcastano
jcastano

I owned this for a hot minute. I ended up swapping it away because of how similar it was to Armani Code. Think of something along the lines of Armani Code "White". Where Armani Code is dark, syrupy, and a bit dense, Pi Neo is cool, fresh, and clean. It's baby powder clean with some woods and citrus accords and their (Pi Neo & Armani Code) openings are quite similar. Although not listed in the notes, I get benzoin (which always reminds me of lighter version of vanilla) because of how lightly sweetened it is. It also has nothing to do with its older brother Pi neither. They aren't even in the same vein in my opinion. Pi Neo is generic but different in it's own right.

Pi Neo maintains all these different elements and make it work somehow. A powdered-sweet tangerine? Clean, vanillic cedar? Of course it's synthetic but man is it ever odd, but not in a bad way. Futuristic? Not so much although it is somewhat of a paradox. Ironically, this stuff has great projection and longevity (all the ones that don't suit my preference always do) and I'd say it's great for both formal and casual wear in all seasons.

brigade
brigade

Givenchy Pi Neo is very nice. For me, it's best in the Winter. This would make a nice gift for someone with not much experience in fragrances. This cool scent for young peoples.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A significant improvement over the original PI, which leads me to suspect lessons have been learnt.

The original PI overdoses on caramel and nougat, this PI Neo has a balanced mix of caramel with modern generic scent which works well and together form a medium-complex scent.

Neo's nitial projection was very good HOWEVER it very quickly died and longevity is not good...Pity as the longevity of the original PI was excellent.

Maybe there will be a trilogy with the projection and longevity of the orginal PI and the scent of NEO - This would then be an excellent EDT

Anup
Anup

A legitimate son to his best selling father Pi, Pi Neo is very refined, casual and genuinely impressive. I come into my review of this partially jaded, for i already owned a bottle of Pi neo Tropical Paradise before i got to this one.
I feel that the summer version isn't too far from the original path of it's predecessor. This, in composition, is very, very, very smooth, even smoother than it's father.

Whereas Pi is more concentrated in past odor ideas (in my opinion), this fragrance is forward thinking and i believe that it is THIS creation that's keeping every male scent nowadays from smelling like dessert.
There is a vanilla idea throughout the fragrance, almost a faded reflection to it's sophisticated father.
Lemon is apparent as is bergamot, giving freshness and disassociating from the "gourmandy" sweet fragrances. A foggy out of focus green accord is present only when you look for it. I can't place what it is, but if i would have to guess i would say... Citronellal with a hint of Galbex 183??
Accords of cumin and leather make bold appearances upon the arrival of total dry-down, completing the entire idea of the fragrance, these accords balance perfectly with the sweet vanilla found throughout.

I approve

Smell: 10
Longevity: 10+
Sillage: 9

andy

definately a more sporty version of the original pi with different notes!

this one is a masterpiece and its really top of the line when it comes to colognes, highly reccomended

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Smells like a male version to Angé ou Démon Tendre.
Creamy, watery, soapy... nham!

Pi Neo is nice flanker but less distinctive than the original Pi. It's fresher with bergamot, so that it is more appealing to a broader market. It's not as sweet and amaretto vanilla like the original either so it's more wearable for me. The staying power is good too, and the bottle is eye catching. If I had to choose one tho, I think I'd go with The Pi Paradise.

KS84
KS84

Pi Neo inherits part of Givenchy's original Pi accord, plus modern synthetic notes that ultimately make an ideal soothingly sweet and fresh fragrance for hot weather.

They bear the same mandarin top note and the detectable sweet vanilla base, but Pi Neo brightened up with what came off as a mild mint note and a mild cooling menthol sensation, that is actually toscanol. A sharp, cool, metallic, synthetic substitute of the organic anise; note found in Pi.

Quiets down close to skin, relatively poor longevity.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Refreshing take on original.
Cooling,relaxing,powdery smell and still sweet but not as the original.
Common but appealing.
Longevity about 4 hours.

Endymion

Today's story: I'm wearing Pi Neo again (yet, I don't like it so I used it only 2-3 times a year). A friend of mine ask me when he smelled me:
"So is this to be considered a good fragrance?"
:)))
I'm a bit easy now that I'm not the only one who finds Pi Neo "not good".

Rockdj
Rockdj

great cologne like many others from GIVENCHY. longevity 10/10 is a great option for those people who doesnt care about the original pi fragrance, more wearable, a gentleman cologne!

costaleo
costaleo

smells beautifully, but offers very little uniqueness, since it reminds me of a lot of other fragrances in the market. But it's a Givenchy and the quality is still there. Great to wear. I feel cozy and comfortable.

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

Tested this today and was not impressed, just sweet and nothing more.
projection and longevity is below average. i prefer Calvin Man,its far better.

Legionaire
Legionaire

This one has good longevity (on my skin at least), I mean I can still feel it after 10 hours at the office and traffic, but the projection becomes pretty close to the skin after about 7 hours. What else can I say, you'll feel nice wearing this one, not manly, not metrosexual and definitely not like a "sex bomb"...now if you ask me, this one will do great at work (unless you want to scare the s... out of you're coworkers and wear a tone of kouros:D (which I like but that's a different story)).

Pi Neo is like a fresher, more woodsy and less syrupy version of the original Pi.

I find this fragrance much more wearable, and dare I say, much more unisex. Keeping with the futuristic idea, Pi Neo has sparkling citric notes and balanced, fresh woodsiness.

I am particularly intrigued by this fragrance, even though it isn't what I'd call unique. This isn't really sexy, in my opinion it's a nice, cuddly and casual fragrance.

It also has a rather clean feel to it, but not in a soapy or powdery sense of the word. I find the overall composition very refreshing, and certainly lovely on the right skin type.

The ice-blue colour of the bottle actually represents the scent well. I find the scent rather chilling and icy. There is definitely less vanilla is this fragrance when compared to its predecessor.

The lasting strength of Pi Neo is pretty good, however the sillage is quite intimate, meaning that it doesn't project strongly.

Despite my obvious preference for Pi Neo over the original Pi, I do believe that those that love the original will most likely like this, even use it as a Summer version.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

This is not one of my favorite of PI line.Original version is much better for me because i find it Romantic, Seductive and Lovely but this one is so far from it.Common,Average and Simplistic.

Yes in my opinion it is not Original and i can not say something particular about it minus The bottle!Definitely one of those The bottle is Gorgeous and Charming but The scent is another narrative!

At the begining is Fresh when first sprayed The Bergamot and Mandarin orange are apparent but not too strong.In fact is a combination of Citrusy,Clean and Youth.The base is like plastic on my skin!

Anyway PI NEO is more a DAYTIME scent than a Nighttime.It is suitable for the office because it is inoffensive and it should be worn in the SPRING/AUTUMN weather However you can not have expect a Amazing or Unique fragrance.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?Above average on my skin.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

i bought this one to my boyfriend.. love the smell :D very masculine and updated...

it suits him very well, it lasts about 7/8hours. and i know he only plumps it twice, never more (;

blackpig
blackpig

i own one and thers an old sayin that u cannot smell yoself coz when i wear it it feels way 2 light... im confused doest it last long, i need help.im thinkin of buyin d&g the one. i receiced a Givenchy essential sample i gues its goin 2 rock.....

Jave26
Jave26

WOW What a wonderful fragrance its a winner for me smells great from beginning to end longevity is good a thumbs up.

ahmed ehab

very well done from the house of givenchy ! i think this is a wonderful electronic smell that makes u stand out like crazy !!

its out of the box , light yet strong , sensual yet energetic , deep yet smooth , this is incredible.

its for someone with character .

wear this and prepare to send vibes all over the place !!

dubeau206
dubeau206

I got some little sample packs of this with my other purchase at Macy's and I love it. I didn't realize until reading these reviews that it was actually connected with the character Neo from the Matrix movies, a little late now isn't it??? Definitely a good winter or spring scent. Not so sure about the hot days.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Compare to the original Pi, it’s less sweet and more cool.
Like the original Pi it has mellow scent whit average projection and below average sillage. But longevity is good.

Modern and wearable in all seasons. You may feel it a little feminine.

Smells clean and nice but I don’t think, you will get many complements by wearing it.

It’s just a lovely scent for you and the girl between your arms!

در مقایسه با پی اصلی این یکی کمتر شیرین و بیشتر خنکه
بوی تمیز و مدرنی داره که برای هر فصلی مناسبه
دوام متوسط و پخش بوی کمی داره

mado17
mado17

Not a hear breaker...but certainly a decent and noticable scent.

ahmed ehab

is there a different version of this , coz i smelled this one but the bottle had a silver layering on it which was nice . the smell it self was beter than this neo , i didnt like this one coz it was like cough syrup but the one in the sler outer was bad at first but became very very very nice along the road !

Chris2448

It smells good, but it is too light for acidic skin. It doesn't last on me.

ahmed ehab

ok this might only be me even though with all the good reviews about it but i think this is an expensive kind of cough syrup !!!!!! not much to like in it , test it first

Chris2448

It is a fresher version of Pi. Perfect scent for winter. Smelling it reminds you of a peaceful snowy day. Very relaxing scent.

Nice, but not that groundbreaking. It goes on as a very strident, screaming alcohol with bergamot and woody tones. Almost immediately, thankfully, it starts to dry down into an almost creamy leather-mandarin vibe, scored with spicy edges and sharp woody tones. The mandarin never goes away completely, but there's definitely a feel like vanilla under it all, possibly the tobacco-type scent from the Safraleine? Myrrh can sometimes smell like this as well. The only thing I don't care for is the strength of the woody notes that overtake the composition for me so much that it actually claws at my nose after awhile. Great after that first blast, not so great as it dries down. Maybe in tiny amounts this would work better.

polo
polo

If you look for that attractive
(sexy male fragrance) this is what you need ... modern, elegant, informal, original, the girls like the scent, even when they do not know that you use this perfume .. Givenchy it's synonymous of originality always.. and girls like that so.. if you like girls ???

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Givenchy Pi Neo is cooooool, chilling, breathtaking. I'm surprised there isn't condensation on the bottle. I really do think there is a reason why this came out in the month of september because I get a feeling of cool air when I smell this.

The aroma makes me think of winter. It also smells very powdery to me. The notes don't make sense to me because I know for a fact there is more to it than what is shown. (Maybe Fragrantica got the notes wrong? They have before... EX: Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas)

I do like how whatever the base notes are in Pi Neo, they smell similar to base notes that are in all the other Givenchy for men. I get the same feel from all the Givenchys. Such a thick, rich aroma. They are so perfect.

I still wear this in the summer time but of course with the brain works with scents, i connect Pi with winter memories.

The longevity is incredible too on this. I can smell it on me all day and it will still be rich and powerful.

I have yet to smell something from Givenchy whether it is mens or womens that I havn't liked. Givenchy truly has put out a great line of fragrances.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Cuando probé este perfume por primera vez me pareció muy extraño, no es una fragancia fácil. Probé tres o cuatro más porque quería comprar algo diferente a lo que ya tenía. Quedé con la impresión de que los otros perfumes que me ofrecía quedaban bajo los pies del Pi Neo, así que con un poco de miedo y bastante embriagado de olores decidí comprarlo. En un par de dias aprendí a comprenderlo es sumamente adictivo dan ganas de olerlo constantemente y notar como cambia con cada una de sus etapas. La duración es excelente, puede sentirse por muchas horas, y hasta lo he notado en una camisa luego del lavado. Consejo: si no les ha gustado denle unas oprtunidades más.

periquito89
periquito89

Quite enjoyable perfume. At first, after trying a lot of scents, I was not impressed. But then: looks simple but different at the same time, vanillic at the beginning but just in the right amount, may be a little sharp and disbalanced in the top notes, but this is not bad here. Perhaps modern, but not that metrosexual thing. Ends in a woody way, must be the cedar! Good longevity.

You know ... I like it!

Miguel
Miguel

Pi Neo I like it!!! i don´t know why but it makes me feel comfortable! Its a scent for people very self - confident and who like to smell different. Very long lasting. Women like it, SURE!!!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I bought this, along with Dolce&Gabbana The One, as an early Father's Day gift for my husband. They are both VERY different from each other, but my DH loves them both.

Pi Neo is a magnificent fragrance! We couldn't stop smelling it on the paper strip. It's vibrant, fresh & clean, yet it has an earthiness brought about by the cedar and patchouli, that reveals how truly ravagingly sexy it is.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

WONDERFUL scent. Smells like heaven dripping from the clouds onto my skin. Good for winter or summer. Lasts all day on me. The mandarin orange is just divine. THE PERFECT COLOGNE! MY FAVORITE!!!!

persian_girl
persian_girl

I was looking for a gift for my BF who uses the classic - Davidoff Cool Water, I tried it on my wrist and I have smelled it allll night and even after more than a week I still smell it on the sleeve of my pullover! This scent makes me really crazy, incredibly sexy.. I hope that he would like it.

Endymion

for me pi neo is a huuuge disappointment! not that it's a bad fragrance, no. it's just mediocre. i really like pi, it has character and it's intersting even that many find it way too sweet. pi neo shares similarities with the original pi but only in the basenotes. pi neo has a fruity impression which i don't like. even there's a note in it which makes me disgusted but i don't know why? :(
the marketing is absolutely pointless for me. as someone has pointed out, what's the sense in making the campain parallel with some hype that is over? matrix belongs to the past whatever good film it is. if it was just neo which means "new" it would be ok, but it is connected to the movie character by some stupid idea.
anyhow, this fragrance won't make memorable impression to anyone around you, since it's just nice but not impressive. luckly, i got it for a real cheap price!
(nice bottle by the way, but it's pretty hard to hold in your palms and spray it because of the head appartus)

Stefan
Stefan

I think it's got class. Very different than the other Pi's. But I still prefer classic Pi. Don't You?

Come on guys? How does this "smell" futuristic?
It's a marketing ploy and you totally fell for that.

Nice bottle though. Just not in the same "alluring" as Pi.

I don't think it has the right to even be in the family as Pi.

overall, it's just um....
confusing

guest_Me
guest_Me

Hmmm...my wife just bought this for me yesterday. Not a scent that instantly strikes me as a favorite, but definitely an engaging scent. However, I am a little confused about their marketing strategy. For a scent that is brand "neo," why choose what is now considered a cult classic that was released 10 years ago to parallel this fragrance?

sham_1983
sham_1983

nearly burberry brit men,dontca guys recognize... i heard they going to make a eau de cologne or the summer range for this pi neo.. just a rumor

Miro
Miro

A lil bit sweet
but really cool,
to get more information about it
go to the nearest perfume store and buy it!!!!!!!!!!!

dancam86
dancam86

Amazing fragrance, I agree with Perceiver,, I´ve had nothing like it because there is nothing like it in the world. I just tried it yesterday for pure curiosity and I just fell in love with it. I Think I´m going to make it mine, the only thing that I´m worried about is it´s longevity, in me it only lasted for about two to three hours (the same as other givenchy men´s fragrances). I´m going to wait for a while to see if they release a stronger version.

urobian
urobian

the bottle is wonderful.. the fragance really nice, some strange woody-fruity notes there mixed with an ambar-spicy touch; intriguing, attractive and manly.

awesome longevity and sillage...

vertigo
vertigo

If I was to describe the shape of this fragrance I would say it's a sphere with a very smooth surface. Strange but very attractive!

knightz
knightz

I loved Pi Neo's scent at first sniff. It is a cologne that I can't compare to anything else, very unique. I layer with the Shower Gel (which is excellent... very woody in a steamy shower) and use the Pi Neo after-shave balm, and then spray the EDT all over. It's not very strong, I need to spray a lot on. The opening lasts about half an hour then it moves in closer, and softer. In cooler weather the opening lasts about an hour or more, then close. An EDP in this would be so much better.

Sometimes after applying a good amount of regular Pi (or Pi Fraiche) I spray on some Pi Neo. Neo takes over at first, with it's lighter, fresher opening notes, then it morphs from the futuristic fresh Neo scent right into the warm, woody, vanilla-like dry down of Pi. It keeps a little of the Neo scent up to 2 hours, then it's just the warmth of Pi after that. It works for me.

I like the Energizing Body Wash gel a lot, but it is not available anywhere, except in a gift set. No replacement products behind it. I did see an aftershave gel, by itself, on eBay once, but I think it was from a gift set and someone didn't want it.

Pi Neo is short-lived but nice. For me, it's best in Winter, or the coolest days of Spring and Autumn. This would make a nice gift for someone with not much experience in fragrances. This awesome scent could easily kick-start someone's passion for fragrances.

guest_RossMan
guest_RossMan

Fantastic afteshave, amazing smell, lasts a long while, can still smell it after about 10 hours!!! I love it. Fantastic. BUY IT. x

guest_lugo
guest_lugo

very appassionate, lovely, excentric, futurist, elegant, deep

guest_Shiaedoeu
guest_Shiaedoeu

I bought this today and nearly died. It is in the sexiest bottle ever next to the sexiest ad ever. The smell is intense at first, but that's the impression I want. It's sexy to me, and I just love it.

Pi Neo by Givenchy 3.90 out of 5 based on 400 ratings and 90 user reviews

Givenchy Pi Neo Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Pi Neo Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Pi Neo Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Givenchy Pi Neo Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Pi Neo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Pi Neo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pi Neo by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pi Neo by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.