Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Play For Her Givenchy for women

Play For Her Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 505 I had it: 246 I want it: 400 My signature: 14

Play For Her Givenchy for women Pictures Play For Her Givenchy for women Pictures Play For Her Givenchy for women Pictures Play For Her Givenchy for women Pictures

In 2010 Givenchy launches Play For Her, a female version of the famous and seductive Play for Him fragrance from 2008. Two noses worked to create this composition; these perfumers are Emilie Coppermann and Lucas Sieuzac. The face of the campaign, together with Justin Timberlake, is the Canadian model and actress Noot Sear.

Top notes include pink peppercorn and orange blossom, followed by the heart of amyris wood, Tiare flower and orchid, wrapped with the base of sandalwood, patchouli, Tonka bean and benzoin.

The female Play will be available in two editions: Play For Her, the lighter version, and the stronger, more aggressive Play Intense For Her version, as 30, 50 and 75 ml EDP. Play For Her was created by Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann and Lucas Sieuzac.

Orange Blossom Bergamot Pink Pepper Sweet Pea Peach

Tiare Flower Orchid Amyris Magnolia

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Benzoin Tonka Bean

Play For Her Fragrance Reviews

Emz.NZ
Emz.NZ

I really like this scent. Fresh and a little on the sweet side it comes across as a care free and light hearted perfume. Longevity is moderate (re applied after seven hours) and stays quite close to the body. Reasonably priced PLAY for her is a perfect casual summer scent to add to your perfume wardrobe.

nicoletta1995
nicoletta1995

I loved this when I first bought it, but now I find it sort of boring. It smells nice- sweet and a little peppery/spicy, and contrary to others opinions, I like the bottle because it's practical. It's easy to throw into your purse in a hurry and you don't have to worry about it breaking or leaking. But the longevity is also very poor-barely lasts an hour on me, and I mean BARELY. It's literally hitting it's bottom notes within like 45 minutes, which is unacceptable for an eau de parfum. I can't even believe this is an EDP-feels more like an eau de toilette/cologne, which I wouldn't waste €76 on ever again. I do however love Givenchy's Play For Her Intense- it has better staying power and smells way better.

princetongirl
princetongirl

very nice scent ,but am notgonna buy it again bcz in my opinion , it lacks personality ,originality and uniqueness

the_new_esta

Another offloaded onto mummy. It does smell nicer than other sweet berry scents to me initially, but when I wore it I was getting a whiff of it on me and thinking 'who smells like a teenager?' 'oh it's me!' PASS

Niya
Niya

This just moved to the top of my list. Layer it with Britney Spears Fantasy body soufflé and try not to get multiple orgasms.

georgequeue
georgequeue

As a man, I own a bottle of Givenchy Play Intense for men, whose appearance I don't mind at all, but, judging by the Play For Her bottle, it looks to me like this is the perfume the Gipsy Sisters, or Kim Kardashian and her sisters, wear.

fiouu
fiouu

I remember When i received the sample of this frag I overlooked it and tried to make no use of it, as I received other samples that were more appealing to my tastes. This seemed too pink and bland, you know the bottle is the ephytome of tasteless - plastic faced - juicy couture wearing - mid life crysis - Louis vuitton and bedazzled iphone carrying woman. I live and work around that kind of wimmins and they not only do look cheap they douse themselves in marc Jacobs fragrances (my country does not carry juicy couture fragrances) mainly Daisy, sport tresor in love and midnight rose, favor flowerbomb, paco rabanne Black XS and lady million, any dkny, and reek of nina by nina Ricci. Although I admit my sin and have worn some of those fragrances I try to steer clear of them since they no longer smell like "me". Fast forward to being uncomfortable around my "regulars" I tried out the sample, of which I wasn't expecting much. Met my mom, said I smelled amazing. Met my boyfriend, he was all over it, my brother says this perfume reminds him of me. Opens up fresh creamy, lots of peach, Pink pepper and White flowers. Benzoin gives an almost medicinal but sweet scent, has an almost paper - like undertone (amyris and tonka - my guess). I find it rich but subtle. Refined somehow. I see this May be a very safe pick but trust your chemistry. I've smelled Girls on whom this totally stinked (literally), as it can turn cloying, more If oversprayed. This is how heaven must smell like... If you get to be Lucky and experience it. I think that what made my experience with play better is that I was expecting blandness and it gave me unique creamy and rich

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I love this mixture of flowers and fruits! It's a very feminine scent that's nice to wear when you feel extra girly!

shivabglr
shivabglr

this is a gorgeous sweet powdery smell,
long lasting and good projection,

I just love it! I haven't smelled anything like it

I had it a long while ago, but I remember EXACTLY how it smelled, which doesn't happen to me with many perfumes,

I think I need it again!

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

Would define it as a feminine, fresh, sweet-bergamot scent with spicy undertones! I think it's a good one for summer nights! The first Givenchy that took my attention

arenee92
arenee92

I sprayed this on a card at sephora and fell in love! It was bright, sweet, fun, floral. So I purchased the rollerball..got it home and onto my skin....it smelled horrible! It smelled of stale caramel. I don't know what happened, my skin and my nose just didnt agree :(

Absolutely lovely fragrance, truly. Test it on your skin before you purchase.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

Reminds me of the younger days and the first love.
I think it is a cheerful fragrance and also sweet enough.

nebbe
nebbe

I am sensitive to sugary/sweet perfumes, and this one triggered a pressure headache almost immediately.

It smelled great on the test strip, not overwhelmingly sweet, but on my skin it went rock candy sugar fast.

Oh well - that just leaves more for those who love it ;)

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

My brother gifted me this amazing feminine perfume when it was launched in 2010 and i can remember its smell just by closing my eyes, it was amazing back then and still is. it gave me a lot of compliments and made me feel beautiful. One of the greatest perfumes by Givenchy, it is just WOW.

sugahuni
sugahuni

A gorgeous fragrance,a delight to wear :-)..Adore it!

Leiparis
Leiparis

Loved this & wanted it for ages.. but then once i got it i found it gives me such a headache while leaving me nauseous so it just sits there now & i don't use it anymore

Di_berry
Di_berry

Mostly fragrances conquer me by its top notes ... not with this one, its output is fruity with a bit of peach and berries, and promptly disappears ... And after a long time "reborns" but with sweet woods and a creamy floral. That's the time where I really like Play! And after a few hours almost disappears, leaving a very softly trail. Too light to be an Eau d´Parfum, however the aroma is really nice! About de package, I don´t like it all, but it´s very comfortable to spray. Worth it!

bren400
bren400

I like the bottle, it is different. My daughter said that it looked like a phone and I thought...a tv remote control??? I tried this on my forearm yesterday and kept thinking about it on my way back home:-( This smells of lemons, sugar and powder. Not sure I wanna smell like a meringue pie. I absolutely DETEST powder in fragrances but something about this little number is on the money! I will give it a few more chances while I'm at home. Would like to try the white and clear bottle next.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I really like this scent, it's woodsy and fresh. But it's also musky. It has a hint of sweetness as well, it smells like it's namesake, playful. Definitely made the want list.

ChantelleH
ChantelleH

I got this a gift and while I do like it, it wears off quite quickly and for the prices I've seen it advertised for I would expect it to hang around a bit longer.

the_new_esta

Definitely short lasting for a parfum. I love this fragrance. To me it smells like lightly spiced blueberry pie.
The good thing about the packaging is that it's easy enough to carry in your bag (because you'll need to if you want to smell like it :p).

I think this would be perfect as a first perfume for a girl/teenage girl who wants to smell classy but not too grown up.

My first thought - balsamic. Even like hair conditioner a little bit.
This perfume is very smooth, creamy, sweet and light. Definitely nice one. It doesn't have much sillage because of it's softness, so I wouldn't want to buy it for myself.
I still like how delicate and enjoyable it is. Cute sweet pea and pink pepper scent.
A very innocent game to play.

MattAndreiQuelsey
MattAndreiQuelsey

Is there anyone here wanted to have a swap for Givenchy play for her 2.5 fl. Oz,it only sits in my drawer, it's a birthday present. I only had a couple a of sprays but I can't seem to like it..I know someone in here loves this perfume. Please email me at aimee06282005@yahoo.com thanks...

almondcookie
almondcookie

I really like this perfume. Unfortunately you do not have to go far to get a scent that's similar. Almost smells and is packaged like a celebrity perfume. So what is wrong with that?

Well, considering this is by Givenchy, I will be very critical. The reason being that Givenchy along with Chanel, Rochas, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein, Giorgio Armani, D&G, Donna Karan are top power houses, not just for perfumes but for fashion in general. They should be reviewed with a much higher threshold. After all they set the standards.

I do not think the bottle or the name reflects the nature of the fragrance. In fact I do not like the bottle, it's not an ideal representation of Givenchy. Being one of the top couture houses in the world, I can't believe this is the same Givenchy that produced/produces timeless and classy master pieces such as Organza Indecence, Hot Couture and so on.

If this perfume was by Britney Spears or Paris Hilton I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 . As it isn't, It's a 4.2 out of 10.

em.caroline.9
em.caroline.9

not sure how people read this as unoriginal. ive found nothing like it! its subtly sexy and the pink pepper and tonka bean wear amazingly on my skin.

its rich, interesting and young. my new signature.

regnflickan
regnflickan

I am disapointed in this parfume. It sounded delicious and creamy with orchid and woody notes but on me hours after I aplied it I could feel a sour note on my arm and realized that it was the parfume. Maybe just body chemistry that didn´t work but I recomend that you try this on before buying. In the begining it was good but really qiuckly turned kind of boring. I wish it had some of the creamy feeling I get from gucci guilty.

lollykins
lollykins

Love the smell but does not last beyond an hour, disappointing as I always get eau de parfum for long lasting sillage, it reminds me of soap and glorys body spray,which lasts much longer!! I use Play as a body spray- an expensive one at £44 otherwise love the initial smell

tvdvampire
tvdvampire

Really soft and clean,i think it's a mature scent very light and pleasant :)

mery09
mery09

Sweeet but pleasant,flowery and fruity but nothing special.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Sample review:
Not much to say about this one except that I think it is a really pleasant, sweet & creamy floral composition which is unfortunately very short lived on my skin, it was basically "dead" as soon as it dried.
Too bad, I would have expected a lot more from Givenchy...
Perhaps the "Intense" version brings these quality aspects up front...

Peppery florals. The pink pepper is quite sharp and refreshing in this. It's nice because I find the florals (sweet pea, magnolia) a bit musky. I also get a healthy dose of ameryis and benzoin giving a slightly vanillic, balmy quality that works well with the peach.

milkyway
milkyway

I don't know how or why, usually not being a fan of scents like this AT ALL, but I really like it! I'm convinced it's got something to do with body chemistry, because on paper it smells dull. If it weren't for a colleague at the office selling it cheaply I'd never even try it at the store!

DEFINITELY nothing special or attention grabbing, just a simple pleasant scent for every day..Sometimes a girl needs a scent with no frills..It's powdery floral smell on me with hints of dry wood(for some reason), a lovely 'paper' smell I really like in perfumes..Silage and longevity aren't amazing but it's still highly wearable.
Amen to body chemistry...

irrrin
irrrin

This fragrance follows me around all day and earns me many compliments. It is not synthetic at all and I love it. My mother tried it one day, it was awful on her! So, it depends on the skin.

beccamm
beccamm

I get really frustrated with this one! The opening is nothing special at all and it remains that way for an hour or so, then it has the most gorgeous dry down which I wish was there from the very beginning. It would be a done deal and perhaps even my new signature. As it is I keep changing my mind as to whether I like it or not and if I should buy it -still undecided but am loving this dry down!

Soutty123

This perfume has really grown on me actually. I had written it off as a light pleasant shampoo type perfume with poor sillage and longevit. However, I wore it to work recently and I could smell it all day. It was lovely and fresh and sweet.

It took a few good years before I finally got around to testing Givenchy's Play for Her. I was consistently put-off by the MP3 Player inspired packaging, however since noting that this fragrance has many fans, I sought it out in my local department store and took a sniff.

Play for Her smelt the way I expected it to smell; sweet, airy and predictable. It's pleasant but ordinary to my nose. A basic blend of sugary orchid, fuzzy peach, creamy orange blossom, zingy pink pepper and slightly foody tonka bean.

It's kind of like a toned-down, more peppery version of Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb. They are not exactly the same, but there are some similarities. Thankfully, Play for Her is not sickeningly sweet.

I'm assuming that this fragrance sells reasonably well, however I'm sure that Very Irresistible and Amarige are still Givenchy's top female fragrances. Play for Her cannot top the Givenchy classics.

If you are searching for a 'girly' and light scent, then Play for Her would be the perfect choice. I find it to be quite inoffensive and suitable for all seasons. The lasting power is also not half bad. It's just a pity that Play for Her is so unoriginal and linear on the skin. It's not a particularly compelling fragrance, so I doubt that I could muster up the desire to wear it, even if I happened to own a bottle.

CarolJackson
CarolJackson

Love the fragrance but it disappears after an hour!

Ttdice
Ttdice

I was looking for a new fragranc for me and another for my mom. I bought this one for my mom, but when i gave it to her, i was like "damn, i should have take this for me :). It smelled very feminine and sexy. Floral, soft, sweet (not too sweet, just the right balance) and the base notes are sexy and very captivating. I LOVE IT

kristalbee
kristalbee

I've been desperately looking for a daytime 'sporty' fragrance to wear at the horse barn and for horse-riding and have been disappointed up until now with 'manly'scents a lot of these type of fragrances have - Now I've found my 'Barn' scent!! That sounds awful but this perfume is just what I've been looking for - fresh, woody floral with an after whiff of musk -smells expensive but not over the top for what I'm using it for -I have it on my wrist now and keep smelling it and its just getting better - yummy!

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

A terrible lack of originality. Nothing new on this perfume. Good, of course. But without personality, fire, character, vibrations I ask to my pefumes.

aoviatt
aoviatt

I was so disappointed to see such a tacky, gauranteed to be outdated, bottle from Givenchy. Avon, yes, Givenchy, really? The scent itself is nice, fruity and cheerful. The name "Play" would actually be a great choice if they chose to evoke the idea of being playful, rather than pushing play on a knockoff iPod, but alas, it's the latter. Too bad because the scent is classy, youthful and fun. Would be great for daytime any season, and nice for a warm summer night, although is maybe a bit to citrusy/fruity for a fall or winter evening. Would be a good every day signature kind of scent.

rohmhild
rohmhild

IMHO It's disgusting. It's all about terrible 100% sintetic fruit in the beginning (Avon-Escada-like, but more terrible and sour), a little rotten flowers (were not even needed, in fact, and pass in 1 second) and great deal of sweet constricting ambery orchid in the end, nauseing and dustily annoying at the same time. Well, I have more than 1000 perfumes - but this I really don't know how to stand. It's sooo unpleasantly made, I can't believe it's Givenchy! The base and the beginning are awfully different, like taken from two perfumes from two absolutely different perfume houses, one of them badly cheap.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I ALWAYS passed this one by because of the 13 year olds bottle :( but i stopped into an Ulta last night for moisturizer & turned down the perfume isle as im already familiar with ''most'' scent's i smelled afew new one's etc . . & picked this one up & sprayed it on my scarf! . . . because you should ---NEVER judge a book by it's cover-----& this was made & put out by givenchy & they are NOT brittany spear'sor justin bieber etc . . .they have been doing perfume & doing it well for longer than I have been alive ANYWAY this is a nice perfume yes there are many similar to it out there but this IS DEFF one of the ''better'' of the bunch & it still is on my scarf today I keep smelling it . . its an interesting smell I think thats the orchid & if a person only smelled this once they would dismiss it by putting in a category in there mind of young pink sweet perfume's BUT you really gotta where it for a day & THAT is a mistake i think alot of us are guilty of . . . if it doesnt WOW us at first whiff then . . .. OF WITH ITS HEAD! like the red queen <3 where it THEN decide its nice & there's something alittle unusual in there almost mysterious Im going 2 keep smelling my scarf & THEN update this :)

nananessa
nananessa

Tested a sample & this is a wonderful fragrance for me that takes on a modern chypre feel. Love it! I adore the drydown the most---the sexiest part of the phases. It smoulders like lovers left breathless!

annettepe
annettepe

i received a small tester of this and do not care for this scent at all. it is feminine and soft but for my taste its boring since its just another floral fragrance.

isabel.b.muradas
isabel.b.muradas

This was my first perfume and I picked it because I wanted to play safe.
Its soft and elegant, the color couldn't suit it better, it is what it is, a very subtle pink fragrance.
However I find it too masculine for me.
Mature and young at the same time. Confusing... is not unique and memorable, but smells expensive thats for sure.
Good longevity and close/soft sillage.
I would not purchase again but its nice. I think its a perfect fragrance for work.

Soutty123

This smells like really nice shampoo. I like it a lot. Shame it doesn't have more sillage.

mimikins24
mimikins24

I received this as part of a sampling gift set.

First impression is that this bottle is going to be dated!! Justin Beiber designs a bottle that looks like an Ipod for a fragrance called play --- a bit obvious. I am also not a huge fan of the ads with Justin Timberlake. The whole things a bit contrived/trying too hard.

On initial spray I get fresh peach and orange blossom, which I like but doesn't last long. Quickly turns into a generic and forgettable white floral. The only base note I get is musk --- my least favourite of the listed base notes. I would have preferred more of the tonka and benzoine.

Overall disappointing, not interesting or originial. A safe choice for the office perhaps, but nothing more.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

At first I didn't like this, I found the pink pepper to be far to strong. So I put it away since last winter.

I pulled it out recently and I am really enjoying it.

There is a great balance between the pepper and sweet peach.
Sandal wood tonka bean and light florals round out the fragrance.

P.S. The bottle is supper tacky IMO.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

I live in a hot climate so perfume can be overpowering at times....this is perfect. Makes me feel powder fresh and pretty. Received this as a gift and will certainly buy again! The fragrance will linger on your scarves and clothing and anyone who smells them can not help but deeply in hail.

*TIP* Hate it that it is hard to tell how much is left in the bottle...so if you need to know hold it up to a bright light bulb and you can see the amount inside.

smellME
smellME

Wanted this due to loving the Intense version ...
This is similar to Intense, but doesnt get me the way Intense does. They accually would blend very well so I will probably use this for the day and add Intense for evening, to make them both help each other lasting longer. / months not hours...
I still like the Intense version the best .
Play for her has a thick, deep sweetness like the flowerbomb ones, but the play ones are better.. Very sweet - so if you like fresher perfumes this is not a blindbuy case for you....
If you like Gucci II, Royal Desire or Tresor midnight rose ,
you might wanna have a go with this....
Thanks to Shauna for a lovely swap !

DaiaGomes
DaiaGomes

Play for Her... This is one of the best fragance I've ever had! Long long lasting! I do recomend it to anyone who like fragances with strong personality. Unique!
JUST L-O-V-E IT!!!!

syarashin
syarashin

Play for Her opens with a crisp floral (which I don't know what it is) but reading all of the reviews here, I assume this is an orchid smell. I don't think my nose sense any fragrance when I sniff an orchid. So, yeah, I don't know how it smells like.

Play for Her is beautiful but I don't think it is unique. I'm sure I have smelled it before. I can't detect any bubblegum in it though.

On my skin, it is a fresh floral that doesn't change phase until it fade away. So, yeah, linear. But I can detect musk after accidentally wash it. Anyhow, the plus point is that Play for Her suits any age and occasion. And it's not offensive for everyday wear. But truth be told, it is somewhat an in-your-face fragrance.

Kimmer112065
Kimmer112065

Bought a tester off Ebay. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! The orchid in it dazzles me and I am simply in love with this fragrance!! It is the definition of elegance and sophistication. Sweet but not overly so.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This is my newest aquisition in my wardrobe.. I love it :)This smells exacly like orchids,orange blossom,wich makes it sweet,and the pepper makes it much more interesting,otherwhise it would be just another sweet frag out there in the market.. The longevity it´s long lasting,and the sillage it´s moderate.. I really enjoy wearing this,it does make me happy indeed :)

Migalex
Migalex

This one does smell good, but it is far too weak, with very poor sillage and staying power. What I detect most is orange blossom,pink pepper, which I like a lot, and tonka bean. It is not that much different from Dahlia Noir, mostly because of the pink pepper, here also very noticeable, although not as much as in Dahlia Noir. This one is softer. But I find Dahlia Noire more plesant, more complex, better balanced, with very nice contrats and overall better achieved.

karenrobert
karenrobert

This fragrant opens very nicely and I had to do a double take to see what it was that I just sampled. It is definitely more memorable than most of the perfumes on the market today. Unfortunately it wasn't very compatible with my skin so I didn't purchase it. I got to agree with the previous reviewer that mentioned that it doesn't smell like the usual givenchy perfumes. I was expecting something horrid and chemical like the older perfumes made decades ago, but this wasn't the case at all. it opens rather pleasant and SEXY worth looking back to search for that catching scent. It smells nice on it's own. Unfortunately the balmy ingredients tend to never agree with my own skin so I had to pass this one. 3 hours pass, it smells like men's cologne chemical on my skin. People that like strong smell may appreciate this masculine scent more than I do.
UPDATE: over 12 hours have gone by and the perfume is still there through hand washing, dish washing, cooking, etc. I am starting to wonder if it ever going to come off. The only other perfume I know of that lasts as long as this perfume is Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret.

jusifragrance
jusifragrance

Well have not smelled this but it would look cute next to my Play Intense bottle. Anyone? heh

The reason im writing this "review" is, it would be a great wedding day present to buy a black male version and the pink women version. How cute is that ;)

Mermalaidd
Mermalaidd

This perfume is fantastic! it has a very soft smell so its not to harsh smelling, has a lovely girly bottle and a sweet floral smell to it, would defiantly recommend this perfume

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

Perfect day time perfume. I spray more than usual though with this one, 3 spritz a day, and maybe 2 more in the late afternoon.Lasting power is average, but I don't mind, it's a comfortable smell. On busy days I prefer comfort over overpowering.

Sillage isn't that superb, but hey, this is definately a day time perfume and lot of people don't like to smell and sniff theirselves all the time, or are very sensitive for big sillages, so I consider this a good buy when you have a sensitive nose and sensitive nervous system (considering head aches etc).

The scent itselves opens lovely and fresh. After half an hour my bath room still smells of it. Than I smell berries and orchid. It's sweet, but not gourmand at all, which I totally appreciate. Later it tends to get woodier on my, but I'm perfectly fine with that, cause it still has that spicy/sweet smell.

The perfumes lasts for 8 hours on my skin and blends just great. I like it a lot. The first perfume I've been wearing for 4 days in a row and still not bored of it.

EDIT: I don't get why it's said to be floral/white floral! If I didn't got it at a perfume store where the shop manager made me smell this one and Dolce & Gabana The One, I would never have wanted to smell it just by reading this reviews. It's sweet, fruity, spicy, but not floral at all on my skin. I chose this one over Dolce & Gabana the One.

And so what if this fragrance smells young, I'm 24, now is THE time to smell young, sweet and flirty :).

marysiac
marysiac

I love love looooovvvveee the sophistication of this fragrance!!! I want more of it!

chrysa.tsirigoti
chrysa.tsirigoti

I have bought it from debenhams,uk and I like very much the smell but after 20 minutes max (I am not joking!) I could not even smell the scent in my wrist!I cry now for the money I spent...

saguna
saguna

I like it but I don't love it. Very powdery on me and after 2 hours completelly sharp, masculine note.
I love the bottle and I thought it will be next pink fragrance, but it's not.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

i like this! i got this a few weeks back and just decided to wear it quite musky but sweet the dry down smell is lovely.

kittensalsa
kittensalsa

I am surprised by the 'average' and negative comments about this fragrance. On me, this smells, sweet, powdery, floral and musky, and I love it. My husband loves it just as much....he chose my first bottle of this for me at Heathrow airport! I have sniffed the Intense version, and it is way too strong. For me Play smells edible, sensual and creamy. It is a 'pink' fragrance, if you know what I mean....sweet and pink and comforting. It could last a bit longer on the skin, but its lightness makes it appealing. It is not suffocating, but light and rich at the same time. It does smell unusual and for me, not like many of the fragrances on the market.

I think it is the Tiare flower that makes this smell so unusual. There is a woody note.....I'm not usually so keen on woody notes, but this fragrance is different!

The bottle, made to look like an iPhone (in my opinion) is unusual and eye-catching, but not luxurious looking. To see how much I have left in the opaque glass bottle, I shine a torch through the bottle!

I think the fragrance and bottle is aimed more at the younger market, though I;m on the wrong side of 40, and I love it!! This won't be my last bottle!

Olefact
Olefact

Has more personality than the male version, it's easily recognizable, but I would have to be feeling a lot not like myself to be wearing it (just too multifaceted for me). It's the 1970s reincarnated with a post 2010 twist. It's powdery, woody, resinous, and nectar-like all at once. It's a miracle it works at all. The powder note broadens the market for this perfume: not just for hippies and naturists.

nowheregal
nowheregal

this smells tea. i don't get it :S

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Attractive and beautiful but not strong enough for my taste.
Like a young and shy teenager!
I can't wait to try the intense version.

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

Four words: I. Will. Be. Buying. Light, playful, flowery...yet has some depth. Flirty. Reminds me of a more approachable FlowerBomb.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

A very enthusiastic sales lady pushed this one and the Intense version on me when I was strolling thru the perfume aisle of a department store. She was just gushing about it...informed me that Justin Bieber had a hand in designing the bottle! WOW! If there ever was a reason NOT to buy a perfume, this has to be it!! haha.....
So I went home with two testers, one for play and one for the intense. On paper these perfumes should smell great as I like many of the component parts (tiare, patchouli, sandalwood) but put 'em all together in this mish-mash and whoa it comes out as a powdery, woody mess. Not a fan at all...yuck. And while the bottle IS cute...that isn't enough for me to pay for this.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Play for her isn't my kind of scent. It's spicy and musky at the same time. I do not detect fruity or floral notes in this. This scent is for those who enjoy deep, heavy scents.

jelliebean
jelliebean

This made me so ill I literally had to take a shower 5 mins after wearing it the scent is so heavy I gave it to friend. I got it as a birthday present but I will not be buying it anytime soon

leahmarie12
leahmarie12

I first tested the Play intense and thought that it was a bit too strong so a couple of weeks later tested this out and thought it was a bit lighter and more applealing to my taste. I plan on using this as my spring/summer fragrance. I like that it has a slight incense note on my skin. Also with the fruit and floral and wood notes it blends well on me. I prefer this as opposed to an all out fruity/floral. The woods and musk give it more of an adult feel.

oh, and I do like the bottle. I think it's unique and the spray is fantastic! lol! sprays out nice and even not like some that squirt/spit out pittifully. it's easy to hold and slim enough if you wanted to toss in your bag.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

I noticed that the notes are the same here as in intense. Both frags are very different. The intense is not simply a stronger version of this, its' dark and resinous peppery sweet but in a grown up creamy way. Where the pink bottle the original.. its notes definently include 'sweet pea' as a major note.. it said so on the back of the tester bottle at Macy's... so the pink is really more of a younger version.. very sweet too sweet too my nose. Id pass on the pink, but stock up on the intense :)

weird though, while I dont find the pink bottle to be original or interesting at all.. I cant seem to recall something like it, probably though because I dont like sweet pea, and really that's all I smell.. I'm sure there has to be tons of other perfumes with a prominent note of sweet pea :/ smh

To the comment below - ''yeah I chewed and spit'' LOL ;)

To play Intense, I swam in your waters then drown in your seas....happily! ;)

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Strong opening of African Orange Blossom very attractive opening , then after some time you get the spiced amyris with Patchouli, benzoin & sandalwood heart..

This is (A M A Z I N G) ,, The right amount of everything the right place of note ..

In 3 words: Young,sweet & Totally Flirty staff ..
But :The only week point here that it doesn't lasts..

Shemakk
Shemakk

I got a sample some weeks ago....wasn't sure if I will buy it , thus went again got another sample and now I have started liking it. It gives you a clean, sleek yet edgy feel. I wouldn't say it is a very girly perfume, but rather it can be worn by all age groups.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Starts of with a blast of flowers. Quite generic, quite "I've smelled this before".
When this dries down it gets very very sweet. I get the orchid mainly, the orangeblossom and a little bit of pepper. But everything else is just sticky candy sweet.
It's not an unpleasant smell and I can definetly imagine a girl age 15 wear this.
It doesn't have that much projection, but that's okay. The sweetness combined with big projection would kill anyone getting close to the person wearing PLAY.
I like sweet fragrances, but this one just lacks depth and complexity.
And then there's the price. For this fragrance it's just ridiculous.

peppermint136
peppermint136

Meh. It's OK, but for the price, uh, NO. lol. I received the sample, and I'll use it but won't be buying a bigger bottle anytime soon.

Smell: 6.5/10 (average)
Bottle: 7/10 Kind of weird having perfume shaped like an MP3 player....
Staying power: 6/10

rosembloom
rosembloom

Helsinki: lol: good one: spit! Just got a tester, shall review xxx

Helsinki
Helsinki

Bubblegum has been mentioned a few times.
Bubblegum indeed! Chew, spit, forget.

It's not that I am hostile against the daylight version of PLAY - it's just completely unmemorable and does not stand out in any way. Justin Timberlake in the ad campaign nails the mainstreamness of this fragrance. PLAYs it safe. Turn to PLAY INTENSE if you want anything more!

No replay.

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

great! as the name says, playful, young, joyful, pretty. not classy, but happy.
just finished a bottle and planning to buy another.

mini87
mini87

I am using it at the moment and absolutely love it!!

mandashell
mandashell

Givenchy Play, is for me the perfume equivalent of pink bubblegum, lol. Not that it necessarily smells cheap, but with all the notes combined that is really what it's reminiscent of. Overall I get a smoothly sweet,woody, floral and spicy combination that blends well. It's not a very complex scent but it's nice and would be good as an everyday perfume. :)

It is also one of the few perfumes I've encountered that seems like it has vanilla in but doesn't. o.O I liked it but it wasn't a love so I swapped it away. Lasting power was rather limited for an Edp with 4 to 5hrs on my skin but the sillage was respectable. The biggest issue I had with Givenchy Play was the Amyris Wood. Oh boy can I not stand that note and it was my first time experiencing it. Something about the Amryis Wood in combination with the florals gave me a headache and eventually made me sick to my stomach. :(

Despite my adverse reaction to the inclusion of that note I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It is nice but for the Givenchy price, you could find something longer lasting, more affordable and more interesting. And, you probably wouldn't have to look that far. :)

naht
naht

Pra mim ele é IDÊNTICO ao Very Irresistible. Não gostei, totalmente dispensável...

Archie_06
Archie_06

I really like Play. The scent is comforting, and not nauseating. Also, the base note of sandalwood comes out pretty srong on me,which smells damn good!
So, thumbs up from me! :)

cerebellum
cerebellum

I liked this perfume at first, but on me I swear it smells like Froot Loops

I like Play and I put it in the "like" category but I'm tempted to remove it.
I'm a long time admirer of Givenchy, but as it happens for many other glorious designer houses I find their new serial production very bland and non-descriptive. Play is just like that: nice smelling for 1 hour, then the usual base of patchouli and fake sandalwood mixed for an "oriental" edge, the same for all scents and that's all.
I've worn litres of Amarige (I suspect before a re-formulation, it doesn't smell like before), at least 2 bottles of Organza, a decant of Very Irresistible EdP, a few samples of Absolutely Irresistible (the one I was complimented more). Now I stopped with Givenchy. There was an aura of feminity almost on a verge with vulgarity, like elagant vulgarity if it makes sense. It's not worthy anymore because Givenchy doesn't smell enticing to my nose anymore.

I've had this for a while but been neglecting it. Today I am wearing it and falling in love with it all over again. It's a fantastic oriental floral with enough fruitiness to keep it fun. It makes me feel happy to wear this.

SheShe

I had the bottle, left myself a sample because I like it but actually I don't feel the need to use it. I got bored by it quickly. It's pleasant but really nothing special, it's classy but compared to Amarige as an example... it loses much.

The scent is light pink indeed, wood, pepper and tiare flower are what I detect the most. Subtle, feminine and disappears quickly. The bottle looks better in photos than in reality - it's Givenchy, but pink lacquer scratches easily...

Fragrance: 3,9/5
Lasting power: 3,5/5

Inspire0111

I am very surprised to see that some people find this perfume similar to Fire and Ice (Revlon). Fire and Ice is a true oriental vanilla on me - thick, sweet, heavy and oily with incense being rather intense in the beginning. This one is almost the opposite (on me at least) - it is light, powdery, sweet and a bit musky. If have to compare Play, I'd say it comes pretty close to Rose The One (D&G) (the latter is much prettier IMO though). Amazing how different body chemistries can transform a perfume in so many different ways!!!

maryar7
maryar7

I looove Givenchy perfumes and i think this one is also great,long lasting what is very important because you dont have to put it every minute :D It's great !<3

superant
superant

Play for her. EDP
In my opinion the fragrance is sweet and soft. At first when I smelled it, didn't think it was anything special, a good girly scent. But after having it on for a while the warm base note kicked in and I started to like the feminine but young scent.
Don't really understand the bottle though. It's cheap looking, unconvinient and annoying... and well just plain ugly to me. But with that said, I find that the plastic bottle is easy to carry arounfd in your purse, because there's no fuss about it breaking...that could happen to a glass bottle.

Thandar
Thandar

Too strong,sweet and heavy floral scent.I got headache whenever i wear it.But 'Ange Ou Demon Le Secret' is the one i really like among Givenchy perfumes.

Cmanier
Cmanier

Toooo strong! Smels masculine, bitter with a very subtle sweet hint. does not smell feminine or pleasant on ME! may work for some but not me. my 17 year old daughter loves it!

Kumiko1709
Kumiko1709

I thought it was sweet in a bad way. It was really masculine to me. At the top note, it smelled okay. I wore it for school and felt very uncomfortable with this scent. It made me very nauseous.

nntbobo
nntbobo

Its not very unique or outstanding butI fell in love with the bottle that is why I bought it...

farai
farai

Bought it over the weekend. And i love it. Its perfect for me.

Paula80
Paula80

I have it and I love it! It reminds me of Carolina Herrera CH.

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

I have it (it was a gift) and although I like it I dont reach for it much. Its not very unique or particularly impressive.

Its a soft, sweet perfume that is along the same lines of Chopard Wish and Muglers Angel.. but less powerful.

It lacks maturity so I would say its a great gift for a young girl in her teens. But if buying for a woman... NO!

juanma
juanma

Interesante fragancia de Givenchy, muy femenina aunque la botella no me convence del todo. Me recuerda algo al Organza pasadas varias horas incluso dias. Las partes de fruta(bergamota), las flores y la madera estan bien ensambladas. Se la puede llevar facilmente de dia como de noche. Comparada con la version masculina, esto es mucho mas formal aunque comparten las notas de Amyris. Es una fragancia de facil uso y memorizacion. Huele muy Givenchy. Recomendable.

Exiihra
Exiihra

I bought this one just because of the bottle. I guess it's an okay scent; it's not something I like to wear but it isn't awful either.

servana
servana

I like it I guess, but it's almost.. too floral. It irritates me. It smells like flowers blossoming in spring - which I hate! It's just that really irritating floral smell that would be terrible for people with allergies (I don't have allergies, so if you do, beware of the sneeze factor).

Martyna
Martyna

I think that this fragrance is very nice. Pleasant, soft, slighlty sweet, there is nothing harsh about it. But I also find it very ordinary. Just one of many for me.

I pretty much agree that this is an oriental floral, although a very subtle and modern one. I probably would find it more interesting if I could smell some pepper to spice it up and break the softness. Since I don't, it's a loss for me, but a gain for those who like their perfume soft and feminine.

i like this sweet floral. a little bit classier for day scent. not heavy or cloying, but light and pleasant. lasts about 2 hrs. on me and then i can only smell it faintly.

8 out of 10 for me.

Inspire0111

I like the idea of this one - it is softer and more suitable for daytime wear than the intense version. Smells really nice in the beginning but after an hour it is barely there. I have Play Intense (one of my all time favourite perfumes) which lasts forever, hence I like it better.

SheShe

I bought a bottle after I'd used a sample and... the fragrance is nice, the colour of the bottle really fits, Play is delicate, soft, feminine, with a woody note I like. Maybe too soft for me and it disappears too fast but all in all a positive feeling (at first I didn't like the fragrance, it seemed too expensive for me maybe because the bottle looks like a gadget and the fragrance doesn't last as long as it should, but I got to like it after some time).

9154mf
9154mf

I really like this. It's not amazing and it does give you a sense of reminding you of something else but to me it doesn't smell like fire and ice or any of the others mentioned. It is more of a mixture of several well knowns,however I feel it's good enough to warrant having a bottle. It's floral woody oriental and sweet, just a lovely mix of all families and to me it really works. It's fresh too, so suitable for daytime but the oriental/woody notes mean it can translate into night also.

hedonna27
hedonna27

I am totally in love with this one....I adore it...to me it's perfect.The only bad thing is that after a little while it dissapears and I really really don't know what I can do for it to last longer

maja314
maja314

I've tested this perfume this week and it reminded me of my sister when she was wearing Vivienne Westwood Boudoir years ago. It is a sort of copy of that smell but this one is less in your face like Boudoir - which is a very heavy, powdery perfume and therefore one that cannot be worn by everybody - whereas this one could, easily. It has poor silage, the smell was gone very soon. And I am not a big fan of vanilla scents, so will not buy this one, ever.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Yum yum and more yum! Smells warm, floral, sweet and woody all wrapped up in one. Right up my alley! Love it!

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

LOVE THE BOTTLE

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is really nice, I am a sucker for floral woody musk fragrances! I want this one next! I kind of overlooked it at first and then I retried it on my skin and it is bottle worthy! The only downside is it's expensive like all the new frags on the market.
Again a perfume with negative feedback that I like a lot! a matter of taste I guess!

Speaking of gimmicks, Givenchy PLAY FOR HER comes housed in what appears to be an ipod. Cute, I guess. The liquid, predictably, is adolescent as well. PLAY FOR HER smells remarkably similar to about twelve red jammy fruity florals that I've sniffed to date. In fact, this may smell like one of Givenchy's other recent launches. Perhaps they're pulling the Bvlgari trick of selling previously launched perfumes in new bottles.

Anyway, PLAY FOR HER lacks any perfumic interest to this nose. It's almost too sweet and the overall effect is that of a jar of red jam. I don't know why there are no fruits listed among the notes, but this level of sweetness could not be accounted for without something more sugary than tonka, it seems to me. I am confident that this fragrance will work for those to whom it is being marketed. I obviously do not fall into that niche.

soulflwr
soulflwr

I have a feeling this perfume is marketed toward teenagers who want to grow up too fast, The Gossip girl crowd. I haven't smelled it, but the bottle is so tacky. Not interested.

alilGreen
alilGreen

I was curious to know how this would go when I saw the ad on a magazine. The bottle is interesting, and the fragrance is sophisticated though it smells quite or maybe too sweet. 'Play for Her' smells like vanilla on me. The huge downside is that it wears off really quickly. Overall a great and unique fragrance from Givenchy.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I don't like it, I feel something disturbing in it. I feel that 'Hubba Bubba' scent, too, with some interesting flowery note, I didn't know before. It stays close to skin and is not so long-lasting, for me it's a good news.
UPDATE: some months later I tried CSP's Aloha Tiare and identified that flower: tiare. There're some similarity between these scents, but Aloha Tiare is much better IMO.

Clara13
Clara13

I agree with LuluCoconut's review. Play is ok but nothing special. Opens with a typical citrus then dries sweet and marketably average.

Also, it's a little headachy for me.

nagia
nagia

This fragrance simply confuses me!
The bottle has nothing to do with the smell and either has the discription of the "Givenchy Play girl". The add confuses me even more.
It's definitely a chic enough fragrance, although it's not playful at all.
The Play girl is can be chic enough, feminine, but she has no playfull sight in her personality.
The fragrance itself smells really good, specially on its top notes, wich is gorgeously sparkly, then it starts to get sweeter and sweeter and you start to have the feeling that you are note wearing the same perfume anymore. It can feel a bit headachy.
Anyway, I can describe this fragrace as an "enough fragrance": its sofisticated enough, good enough and generic enough.

lu_pomponet
lu_pomponet

I've tried it on a store and simply falled in love with! On my skin it smelled like chocolate, what I really liked, but for my surprise it has no chocolate notes! For sure, it will be my next buy.

I waited to try this one because I was not so interested. Yet another Givenchy. It seems that these houses don't make much if not throwing new scents on market lately. The bottle didn't appeal me.
I've been and still am a fan of Givenchy's fragrances, so I had to test this.
I like it, but I had no doubt. I don't love it for sure. It's a nice scent with a generic modern vibe, great longevity and good sillage. Floral and musky with a good woody undertone. Nice to wear, nothing like Amarige or Organza (old formulation). I could easily wear it everyday if I had a bottle around. It's feminine, not cheap and enough refined.
The strange thing about Play is that it smells like a mix of many Givenchy's fragrances! I smell an aspect of many of them, something from Amarige Mariage, something from Organza Indencence, something from Hot Couture. So bizarre to smell!
I like it all in all, but nothing spectacular. A scent for the modern 20some woman following fashion trends. At least it is a Givenchy.

smellynich
smellynich

armani code copycat

franck
franck

found it bit oily on head notes, i prefer the intense version much more floral and fruity one...maybe the peach make it different...

Anahi
Anahi

Of course i would love this, it's sweet - has a warm base, a floral heart and a sparkly opening! It is one of those perfumes though that you smell ad think, hang on this smells just like so and so..but yeah still love this!

krishka
krishka

tried it once, wasn't impressed, tried it twice fell in love with it...can't even say why just love the scent, i agree it is fresh and oriental at the same time...tried the Intense version but it was too heavy and sweet and didn't develop as beautifully as the original...oh on me the lasting power of the pink bottle is longer...

justachoirgirl
justachoirgirl

I really like this sweet atypical floriental. I usually don't like orientals, because they seem too old fashioned and mature. This sweet and sexy scent has a warm wanilla scent and warm woodsy base notes. I Really am impressed- it blends the best of old world orientals with the sophistication of modern perfumes.

holly13
holly13

Sweet and pepper like candy smell. I don't like it.

FireFaerie
FireFaerie

Anyone else think the opening smells like Willy Wonka's "Bottlecaps" candy?? Makes me smile. Well, until it wears off, anyway.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I'm one of those here who detect the definite bubblegum or candy something in this perfume.

It opens up with a rather generic citrusy floral scent which gets sweeter and sweeter. So far I wasn't impressed, nor was I deterred by it. So, I decided to play the composition further. Unfortunately in the middle notes there was this big stinky patchouli (my excuses to all you patchouli-loving visitors. Or is it torchwood?! - a new note to me), slightly rounded by the exotic flowers. Lately I'm trying to break the circle of convenience and test more stuff with patchouli and I liked a lot bodler and spicier fragrances with patchouli, compared to this sweettoth here. Play is neither intriguing, nor extremely pleasant to me. After the sugar patchouli overdrive in the middle, the fragrance took a turn to the bubblegum reprise, now with a vanillic powdery undertone, and stayed that way for a couple of hours before it dissapeared. Overall a juvenile, tolerable creation with mediocre depth and lasting power that fits well the 'pink' genre.

I tried not to get discouraged by the tacky tasteless bottle in advance and I won't dismiss it after only one test, but I still can't find the 'right' time to use my sample because I felt too conscious about this intrusive Play. To me it seems that Play is the spawn of this urge to push sweet undefined fragrances marketed by some of the pop stars of the day (although I've no idea who's the chick on the poster). And let me point out that I do like fruity-florals and frags labeled as inoffensive.

Marketing aside - the fragrance is wearable, likeable, but unintriguing.

EDIT: After using up at one time my sample I stand firmly behind every word I wrote. Play is a candy oriental vanilla and might be the pink younger sister of Hypnotic Poison but has nothing to do with its remarcable lasting power. A little bit of spicyness wouldn't hurt the sugary composition,alas Play has nothing to offer in that direction.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I like most Givenchy scents that I've tried. At best, they're amazing. At worst, they're rather generic but pleasant-smelling.

Play for Her falls in that latter category, but it's still a very nice fragrance with amazing longevity. I've been wearing it for almost 12 hours now and it is still going strong.

The floral woody musk category is a pretty crowded field nowadays. Play smells like several other scents I've tried in the last year or so. The opening blast is sweet for about five minutes, then it becomes a soft, powdery floral with a touch of dried wood. Twelve hours in, it's very dry, musky and woody, with just a tiny bit of those flowers remaining.

I probably wouldn't buy it but would happily wear it if I received it as a gift. It seems suitable for just about any occasion and any age.

yes i like it to much today ihave ben try this and its amazing lovely good

Poca
Poca

Finally, the great scent I love from Givency!! ^_^ I had the sample and already fell in love after the first sniff! I absolutely buy this!

- Such a "strange" scent, in a great way.. hhmmm.. makes you wonder what it is. Just hard to describe.
- Delicate, gorgeous, and so intense.
- Musky, woody, vanilla, so flavorish!
- Can't call this sweet like sugar. But sexy and classy!
- Average staying power
- Lastly, can't agree it should be named "PLAY". Givenchy should name this perfume something else.. it's not playful.

adele l
adele l

This is rather sweet and soft, the sweet pea being prominent on my skin. Would probably be a good day wear scent as it stays close to the skin and doesn't project much. It's clean and pretty but I prefer Givenchy's louder offerings ( and there are so many! ).

kikinha
kikinha

Just tried it today... it smells really good at first, then reminds me something sweet mixed with ashtray smell. I have to try it again to be sure, then I will be back :-)

guest_Clau
guest_Clau

I had a very very alike perfum from Guess 10 years ago - am I right? The intense version is a HIT - guys love it. Trust me!

i think this is ok but not the best i have smell.

guest_Emilia
guest_Emilia

Oh, God! I completely fell in love with Play for Her, Eau de Parfum! I rarely like perfumes, one of my very few favorites being "L'Air du Temps," by Nina Ricci. But, sorry, Nina, for I found another love... Play is so delicious, so feminine, sophisticated, you just feel like breathing it the whole day. Just the right, delicately amount of sweetness to it--and I don't like sweet perfumes.

Oh wauw Mmizy, is that Macy's in New York City? I miss the big apple very much, and even more so Macy's! Or do you have a macy's in a local mall area nearby??

I see this perfume is made by one of my favorite noses!! Lucky for me that Gypsy perfumista send me a sample so I can look if my Emilie is in top performance here !!

mmizy
mmizy

I went to macys and have this on my wrist as we speak. The first initial spray is nothing special. It is a cookie cutter scent. Something similiar to the perfumes in bath and body works. The bottle is cute as a novelty item but it is not pretty enough to display. in my opinion the middle notes are similiar to chanel chance tendre with a touch more sweetness. And has a powdery finish. And the dry down reminds me almost exactly of Forever sunshine by BBW. I wouldn't get a bottle. A sample will be enough for me

rainydays
rainydays

I'm not a huge fan of givenchy perfumes, but thought I'd give this one a quick try in passing. Well, it's nice. Play for her is very wearable, casual, and everyday. It starts off with a hint of zesty citrus (the orange flower?) and dries down to a muddled floral, in which I can't pick out anything specific. Nice, but forgettable and boring.

I finally got to test this and though it is very nice, I believe I will pass on this one...

The opening is bergamot citrusy and sweet pea's light sweet flowery scent and orange flower with a few twists of pink peppercorns over it, more fresh floral than I had hoped. The body has amyris in it, but the flowers are the real stars in this, with tiare in the lead. Tropical, floral and fruity (only brgamot is listed, must be that and the sweet pea/orange flower combo)I can definitely see the allusion to 'bubble gum' but it is not really a tweeny bopper scent per se...It has some depth from the sandalwood (light) and musk (very feminine) but on the whole this is a mostly floral, very fresh, slightly fruity scent. Playful, it is something to be worn when one wants to feel younger, fresher or 'lighter' and is more suited to spring/summer days, and captures the essence of 'girl' very well without the usual cloying notes in most fruity florals...overall nice and very Givenchy.

Sillage: close
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3/5

I am much better at picking out the notes in mens fragrances; and, find it somewhat difficult to do the same in womens scents, as so many of them have so many similar notes...but Play is on the whole a very nice juice with just enough florals to lift the spirits without being a 'flowershop' scent, and though I have never tried Addict, if it is like either one of the Play for Hers then I'm on it...cause they are quite nice, but though I could work with the Intense, the Play is sweeter and airer than I like. But that's just me...

guest_SWEET1
guest_SWEET1

liked it at first but...very weak staying power...for the small size 73.00? ILL PASS...i would rather buy a chanel scent for that price...this is a light floral soft woody scent...worth 45.00!!

Bouquet
Bouquet

I bought a bottle of this. Very feminine,soft, decent lasting power, good for daytime and casual use in cooler weather.(I also liked the Play Intense; very sexy, but I already have similar perfumes.)

guest_Angeic
guest_Angeic

I tried this yesterday and I didn't think there was anything unique about it.

karlee79
karlee79

I agree with ineverwas!!!, this totally reminded me of bubblegum too, more like the original pink Hubba Bubba, and I love Hubba Bubba, it has a slight sour note, but barley there. I was curious to get on this site to see if anyone had the same bubblegum experience as me! I love the smell of bubblegum so much, but not the bazooka joe kind as much. I tried the demeter scent of "Bubblegum" but I was disappointed because it smelled like pink English peppermints, or bazooka joe gums. I can't wait I think I am going to have to purchase this. if you want to smell like bubblegum, then this is the perfume to buy right here! loves it. The drydown is very warm and resinous. It is a sophisticated scent in the end. I think I am in love. I don't know why but I keep smelling something reminesnt of clinique's "Simply" in the drydown, but a more smokey version.

ineverwas
ineverwas

Play for Her starts off very sweet and initially makes me think of a pink bubblegum or something tasty that a child would enjoy. I admit I was a bit disappointed by its unremarkable opening, thinking 'Oh, not ANOTHER one'.

However, the heart and drydown soon revealed a mature, complex, well-constructed scent with a marked woody, perhaps even leathery component to it. It actually makes me think of a sweeter, more feminine Bvlgari Black. It's a refined combination of resins, flowers, woods in which the sandal definitely stands out, making the scent sensual, dry and slightly ethereal.

Although I utterly dislike the tacky, tasteless bottle design, I have to say the perfume is actually rather sophisticated and intriguing.

It remains to be seen if I'll be able to ignore the horrid packaging and purchase the frag.

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

This is pretty nice... but why, oh WHY would they package it in such a messy sachet? It's so unhandy. But anyway, like the scent!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Nice frag. A little spicy, leafy oriental floral. It pretty much was very gorgeous and expensive smelling all the way home. But when I actually sat to write about it, it stopped to please me. Become somewhat chewed up. And it had such a potential in my eyes -.- And still I thik, think,think. Because it's appealing anyways. But! I'll be getting beloved Ange ou Demon first anyways [about time]

secretcrush
secretcrush

A very playful take on the usual oriental floral set... Smells well blended and expensive!!! Long-lasting as well, wouldnt mind having a bottle...

The Play for Her Intense has the following notes: Orange Blossom, Amyris wood, Tiare flower, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Benzoin

This is labelled by Givenchy on the sample pack and it is classified as a Floral Woody Amber...

Play for Her has: Bergamot, Sweet pea, Amyris wood, Tiare flower, Sandalwood and Musk

This is also labelled on the sample packet and classified as a Floral Woody Fruity...

It seems they are both built around Amyris ('torchwood'), tiare (polynesian gardenia) and sandal. Both men's are amyris-based also. Play has citrus, flowers and musk added, while Intense has citrus blossoms, patchouli and benzoin.Just because they did not mention orchids or pink pepper does not mean they're not in there.

Mother has received two samples of each and will not let me smell them (they are sinlge-use gel packs) until she wears them (GGRRR!) and the store who gave them to her has not yet received the tester bottles...upon sniffing them I will post a 'real' review...

Also the Intense Version is in a similar flacon to Play, only it is deep purple with rhinestones around the edge.
Both are Eau de Parfums.

I think that I will prefer the Intense version as it seems more oriental and woody...

delphine67
delphine67

I had a smell of this juice yesterday. It smells nice. A woodsy Tiare. warm and young scent. Ideal for clubbing.

The intense has a vanilla note and more wood. It fits a younger crowd

LIN
LIN

such a delicious sweet and interesting fragrance.. i love it! long lasting and wondwerful.I think it doesn't smell like the usual GIVENCHY perfumes..

Play For Her by Givenchy 3.71 out of 5 based on 927 ratings and 151 user reviews

Boots.com
Givenchy Play For Her Intense 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Givenchy Play For Her Intense 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Givenchy Play For Her Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Givenchy Play For Her Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Play For Her fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Play For Her, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Play For Her by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Play For Her by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.