Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Play For Her Intense Givenchy for women

Play For Her Intense Givenchy for women
dislike

Play For Her Intense Givenchy for women Videos
Play For Her Intense Givenchy for women Pictures Play For Her Intense Givenchy for women Pictures Play For Her Intense Givenchy for women Pictures

In 2010 Givenchy launches Play For Her, a female version of the famous and seductive Play for Him fragrance from 2008. Two noses worked to create this composition; these perfumers are Emilie Coppermann and Lucas Sieuzac. The face of the campaign, together with Justin Timberlake, is the Canadian model and actress Noot Sear. The female Play is available in two editions: Play For Her, the lighter version, and the stronger, more aggressive Play For Her Intense version.

Top notes include pink peppercorn, white peach and orange blossom, followed by the heart of magnolia, Tiare flower and orchid, wrapped with the base of sandalwood, patchouli, tonka bean and benzoin.

It is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml EDP. Play For Her Intense was created by Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann and Lucas Sieuzac.

Orange Blossom Pink Pepper Peach

Magnolia Tiare Flower Orchid Amyris

Sandalwood Patchouli Benzoin Tonka Bean

Play For Her Intense Fragrance Reviews

auroramaria
auroramaria

I enjoy this scent very much, it's sweet and creamy and lasts a good 6 hours on me, it's not a groundbreaking fragrance but it's very pleasant.
The EDP in the pink bottle is actually nicer than Intense but doesn't last at all so what I do is spray Intense and then spray the EDP over it, in this way I get the best out of the scents and longevity is great

fiouu
fiouu

I'm baffled at the reviews. To be honest I've never smelled anything like this before. People likening this to flowerbomb /amour (the HELL?) /addict. Are you for rillz? I'll guess they were Just joking. This is heavy balsamic and creamy. More dry and flowery than the play edp. When I spray both of them on each wrist this comes off as a more heavy and cloying scent. I've found my rather old bottle of this gives a weird lactonic smell that quickly goes away. I've had both of the play versions and I love them. They're unique.

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

I tried, but I could not get on board with this fragrance. The notes sounded so intriguing, but all I got on my skin was a very strange mix of patchouli and benzoin.

I tried this on along with another perfume, and my mom said "something smells good." I agreed and sniffed my wrists and when I smelled this one I said "Ugh, it's not that one!"

Longevity is okay. It is now the morning after I sprayed it, and I can still smell the base notes.

I am going to try the original version, just in case that one works better on my skin.

Dioguh
Dioguh

How is this fragrance does not last? I can smell it on my girlfriend after 16 hours!

Antares811
Antares811

Sweet and balsamic, a lovely perfume but unfortunately it does not last long on my skin.

Scrilla
Scrilla

My first thought before the notes by votes loaded was "I cannot believe there is no vanilla in here." then it loaded and I saw Benzoin as the main scent by vote which makes sense. I'm thinking of the benzoin when I smell this vanilla-y scent.
Play for her Intense is not very intense. Nor is it very original, but it is very nice. An oriental floral that is very feminine. I get a lot of benzoin, a sandalwood floating in and out in the background and a non-descript floral bouquet.
It's very pretty and romantic. I don't understand the "Play" name nor the silly bottle. If you like Kenzo Amour EDP or YSL Cinema this one is for you. I would take Cinema over both of those, however.

zzMaja
zzMaja

This one confuses me. I don't dislike it, but I also don't find anything exciting about it. It is soft and powdery, but a bit too sweet for me. It is so subtle that it could be worn day or night, any season or any occasion. It is versatile and lasts a long time. It reminds me of CK Euphoria EDP.

So I had to try it because I liked the scent of Play for her very much but it had no sillage or longevity.
I must say, this one has quite good sillage and longevity but it's not as good as Play for her.
It's not bad either - it's deliciously sweet and pleasant. Only a little too strong at first.
So nothing is perfect - one is lovely but too weak and the other is strong but not as good.
Still, both are decent and wearable.

tenten
tenten

This perfume smells like wealth. I have no better adjective. It is warm and fancy and heavy, but in the most perfect way. This fragrance must be worn with dark clothing at night. If you're looking for a perfume to receive tons of compliments on...this is the one. It never fails in that department.

darksome
darksome

This is a whole different scent when it's applied on paper and when on skin. On my skin it's way less floral and more foody/fruity, than on paper.

First I smell mostly a very creamy balsamic and sweet background with a nice floral note.

But then... is this BLUEBERRY PIE?
The more to the drydown, the more I smell this blueberry note mixed with sensous heavy benzoin/vanilla (still can notice the floral note but just in small amounts). Very pleasant, but a little less unique. Still.. I added it on my wishlist, because it's one of the best gourmands for my liking.

Kristina25
Kristina25

Oh wow! This is some gorgeous stuff! Sensual but soothing, sultry yet comfortable, all round great Autumn/winter fragrance with two of my favourite notes, tiare flower and sandalwood. It's not sexy in a "night on the tiles" kind of way, more of a "waking up smelling slightly of your lover's aftershave" affair...

My only problem is *drum roll please"...the God awful bottle! Come on, Givenchy, you gave us the elegance of Organza and the classic simplicity of Very Irresistible and now you give us this tatty lump of plastic? You're GIVENCHY not Claire's!

I can't be too harsh though, you do smell delish!

sandyfeet123
sandyfeet123

This is pure sensuality to my senses! perfect blend between masculinity and femininity. It's been a while since a scent has caught me, now this is it.
Gotta have it! Ladies don't be scared when I say there is a soft touch of masculinity to it because that's what makes it what it is. Sure it CAN be unisex but I find it to be more lady like side.
Alluring and sexy, its quite a contradiction because its deep and dark yet soft and smooth all at once. Not for everyone's taste but if your looking for a knockout evening or special event scent do give it a try. Projection and lasting power does not disappoint either so this one is a WINNER <3!!

flalala
flalala

It doesn't get any better than this. Seriously.

I was enchanted by Play for Her, so I hoped that Intense version would be the same, but stronger, better for winter. Unfortunately, it is too powerful to me, very balsamic, and not similar to sweet & charming Play for Her - the one in pale pink bottle. Honestly, I can't find any similarity, and I don't understand why these scents share the name.

lusilva
lusilva

To my nose smell very similar to Tocade by Rochas. Anyone feel the same?

dollycalifornia
dollycalifornia

I love it ! Oriental perfume, we can actually smell a lot of benzoin and orchid which I really like. It's warm but can be worn most season except maybe summer. Very wearable to me, I don't know why people say it is too strong because when I sprayed it the first time on my wrist, I tried to smell it again when comparing with another perfume and couldn't find it ! So I sprayed it again but again it was not strong.. I could barely smell it after a couple of minutes ! I didn't buy because of this, too bad because I love the smell ! I will give it an other try in an other season because other people say it is strong

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Amazing Oriental perfume, very long lasting and yet sweet and mysterious. I loved from the first moment, not too heavy and I believe suitable all seasons if you like orientals. The bottle is very unusual and modern mostly like a gadget. I love it.

KIARA85
KIARA85

nooo too strong!! but a lot of people like it from the bottle on this skin it is just too oriental and strong

anapardo81
anapardo81

I absolutely love it & everyone around me too. It's a bit spicy & yet soft. I've come about other perfumes that smell similar but this one really balanced the notes perfectly.

scratchnsniff29
scratchnsniff29

This smells exactly like Bath and Body Works discontinued limited edition fragrance Paris Nights. I was only lucky to get the lotion and shower gel but thanks to givenchy now I have the spray to go with it :).

madgefan
madgefan

Very unisex and smells just like Estée Lauder's Sensuous Noir, which I own and love. This is going on my wish list.

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

Bought it 3 years ago & I just discovered recently how comforting & calming it is. Sweet but not sickeningly, warm & alluring.. Feminine with masculine edges.. Gotta love it!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this could be a mens or unisex perfume. i bought one for myself & i love it!

Thomasania
Thomasania

I picked this up off the clearance table not really knowing what to expect. But it is light fragrance and very comforting. There isn't anything remarkable about it, but it settles in close to the skin nicely.

chinna
chinna

must have a good personality to wear this perfume...a bit masculine, strong and sweet... a hint smoky patchouli, some romantic

Guise
Guise

from hate to love there is only one step! haha .. now its one of my favorites <3

selinu

I loveee this perfume. You can see that as the last 3 reviews are mine. But it is really perfect I mean I would drink it if I could. It doesn't smell anything drinkable tho... Nothing fruity or something with chocolate or caramel.. Fortunately... People shouldn't smell like snacks. Anyway, seriously this is the love of my life. She is dark and has a lot of secrets, she is young and really beautiful, she is SO sexy and LOVES SEX, she knows how to have fun, enjoys the moment loves her life, she is pretty and sweet but doesn't fall in love, just plays with boys, she is cruel, still she looks really innocent. It's like a sexy sexy sexy, beautiful, pretty, funny but deep inside very cruel young vampire.This perfume definitely is not mature... Aaaahhhh this is so lovely...
The orchid, benzoin and tonka bean gives this a really mysterious, smokey, a bit woody, powdery and sweat scent. It also smells like a bit lipstick. Yummy for mens taste ;) I think it is not suitable for a woman who is over her thirty.

Plus my bf LOVES this!!!!

selinu

I smell burts bees original lipstic note in this. Funny! Beatiful scent indeed and really unique

tokyomadii
tokyomadii

I got this for free, so it was a blind "buy". And I have to say I really like it. To my nose it comes off fruity. I really thought the concord grape was a note, and was surprised that it wasn't listed. I really love that phantom grape. And it's not a generic grape. Also I hate the bottle, the look, but its really convineient and fits perfectly in the cellphone holder in my purse.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

This is a blind buy which I had been looking for an orchid scent but didn't want Euphoria as it is so common. So based on you guys recommendation, Play for her Intense won. This scent starts extremely heavy on the patchouli but it dies down after 1/2 hour, and the pepper yum. I do not smell any peach at all. The orchid starts to show itself. The other hints of floral are here but they are so soft you can barely smell them. Orchid really is the floral note here, then evenutally the Benzoin and Tonka bean base show with a little wood. This does smell very nice and once it softens it's really beautiful.
Sillage is good
Longevity = 10 hrs.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I feel exactly the same way as the review below by MintyBobbins. Way strong, suffocatingly strong. The orchid, vanilla, and patchouli jumps out at you and slaps you in the face. Not recommended for day time or office wear.

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

I got this as a gift from my hubby.. at first I didn't like it very much. I have to say.. :( I felt it too sweet and sticky, VERY heavy for my taste, very intrusive, but oh well, my husband says it smells nice, so I try and decide to give it a chance... and, after the first spray, I felt it as the first time.. HEAVY, and I would say maybe a little nauseous. But then, after a few minutes, it was really nice. For being honest, I wouldn't use Play Intense very often, and never for daytime.. it is simply too strong and spicy for me, but I think is great for a date, or a club.. perfect for evening/night going out, because it is really a sexy, mysterious scent... and just one spray or two at most.. :S but after all, it's a nice and sexy perfume.. :) It's perfect for special occasions and.. romantic purposes.. ;) jaja

Margreet
Margreet

I like different scents, mostly sweet but if the there is that " something" in the flowery ones, or the green ones, I go for it. Powdery is my friend as well;) That's why I never could guess how my signature scent would smell like. I knew somewhere there was one.Play Givenchy was that kind of scent, which you smell accidentally at the store and then you got this terrible feeling that there is something very different and interesting about that one. This is what happened. I smelled it, and I thought: that's me:) I wasn't the last person who thought so. I have heard it many times and since one year, Play Givenchy Intense is my signature.
Longevity... just great
Silage: very noticable

it is sexy modern but elegant. Just perfect.

BlueJayWay
BlueJayWay

To me, smells like sweet potato jam. I love this perfum, it's delicious!!!

(Sweet potatoe jam is a typical and delicious dessert in my country :-) )

LyssaChong
LyssaChong

very sweet~~my hubby said smell good~~~he love it~~

cocodust
cocodust

I tried this in the stores because it was on special offer and wanted to know whether to get it.

I found it very nice, mainly vanillic to me. I think if I hadn't had some other vanillic scents like Cinema I might have gone for it. I guess it just wasn't original or different enough for me to justify buying it. But very nice all the same.

SarahBay
SarahBay

always hard to combine intense dark with sweet scents , but this one is a success . it's a very stylish playful perfume . loving it

Kisani
Kisani

I like it, but I got it as a present, and to be honest I'm not sure if it fits me. I don't mean it smells bad on me, I'm just thinking I could find something that goes better with my skin and personality.
From what I can say it is for outgoing, playful, flirty young women, who are not afraid to get what they want.

pantorini

Just an added note on the longevity of this perfume--

This is the longest wearing perfume I own, so the negative reviews about the lasting power are baffling to me. I use about 4-6 sprays before going out (I live in France, people use a lot of perfume here!) and it lasts me foreverrrr. I seriously have great sillage all night.

One day I woke up after a big night out and it was around 2 in the afternoon.... a few hours later I went out and got lunch. I could still smell Play Intense coming form my wrists!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

This smells almost exactly like Avon Imari Seduction. It is very balmy, woody, warm spicy, floral. I mainly smell the orchid, tonka bean & patchouli. Its strong. Not very feminine. Its nice.

ValerieChristine
ValerieChristine

This fragrance is fantastic and sexy. Musky, warm, woody. oh so good. It was a gift; originally i wanted the regular play but I decided I am very glad i got play intense instead. Makes me want to try flowerbomb intense...

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

sexyyy -yes
flirty- yes
seductive- yes

i love this. it is a somewhat simple tad bit complex fragrance that just makes me happy and makes me feel on top of the world w/ sex appeal. gotta love a perfume that boosts' your ego. can be worn all year round in my opinion. sex kitten :)))

saguna
saguna

Unfortunately, nothing interesting for me. First time when I smelled it, I thought it must be a mistake and it's masculine fragrance. It wasn't. Drydown is very woody on me, what I'm saying, I got drydown almost immediately! Let's say after 20 minutes.
So different than PLAY, and so headache-ish for me.
Sorry, Givenchy, my first dissapointment

pantorini

This smells so similar to the dry down of Black Orchid, but Play Intense has more of a vanilla scent due to the Tonka bean. This is a sensual and warm fragrance appropriate for night wear or winter days.

I have to add that after trying Jimmy Choo perfume today, I was reminded SO MUCH of Givenchy Play intense for her. They are sooo similar! If you have Jimmy Choo, you don't need this perfume. Both are delicious, however,

orchid_84
orchid_84

I tested both Play and Play Intense when they first came out, but couldn’t recall either fragrance capturing my attention at that time. I recently retested both, and do have to say I prefer Play Intense. Although the notes are similar, they are not simply the same scent at different concentrations. Intense has a resinous and slightly medicinal feel, making it a little more mysterious. It is deeper, smoother, warmer, and much woodier. Play stands in contrast as the lighter, sweeter and more floral cousin. In Play, the sweet pea I assume must add to the lighter, more playful “bubblegum” quality that others have mentioned.

In Play Intense, I don’t smell the peach…I get no fruits at all, and no candy-like qualities in general. The individual notes are not clearly distinguishable. On the one hand, this quality does seem to add to the cozy warmth of the fragrance. On the other hand, the way that the notes blend together leaves me feeling that Play Intense is lacking something - some focal point or slight edge. While I imagine Intense would make a comfortable, warm fragrance for cool fall and winter days, I don't feel compelled to add a bottle to my wardrobe.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

For me, this dries down quickly, and what you are left with for hours is a spicey, slightly candied peach that is wraped in a smokey vanilla benzoin resin.

What I love, is how it smells when first sprayed, the drydown is disapointing, i mostly smell a vanilla'd peach that is assisted by the organge flower. The orchid is only used for vanilla, there is no ''orchid'' floral scent, not used in perfume. And the magnolia doesn't really have much of a scent, it's used to keep scents light and adds an overall feel to a perfume. So really the only floral note here is the orange flower which smells very orange/fruity. and the tiare.. of which I really cant decifer out of the other notes.

The base almost smells like cedar because there is a balsamic taste to it, but what I believe this is is the peach/orange flower addig that touch of acidity. I believe the base is a synthetic creamy sandlewood with smokey resins

Not at all what grabbed me while I test sprayed in the mall.

This is a kiddy/ teenage / party girl perfume. I'll pass

BUT for what it is, I will say it's good for that and lasts long with very decent sillage.

yup so, basically, a spicey (somewhat smokey) creamy candy peach

Dont get me wrong, I do like candy notes, and I also like peach in a perfume. When it's done correctly and not so sweet/synthetic and not when peach is taking the lead role

The bottle is terribly, in the shape of a remote control, with ''bling' around it.

So great, we have candy peach and a remote, now all we need is the soda and pizza, maybe some beer and oh yeah, a t.v.! lol

7hours later and I'm still getting strong peach candy note, and now with the addition of what smells like a very musky men's cologne. yuck, this stuff is horrible.

Intense is definitely a lot richer and stronger than the original Play in the pink bottle. The #1 thing that stands out to me is resins, followed by pink pepper. Play Intense reminds me of Sensuous Noir, but I like Intense better because it's got that touch of peach that makes it a bit sweeter and more feminine. This is a very sexy, sultry fragrance.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Givenchy play intense ..

The bottle is modern & stylish with the purple color & silver edges, I like those bottles which are without a stopper, easy to use & to carry in your smallest bag, or even purse.

The notes (Generally): strong Patchouli, young Orchid, sugared peaches mixed with the stunning breeze of orange blossoms & floral notes, melted into the sweetness of the benzion, the warmth of Tonka bean and the royality of sandalwood) then spiced with the naughty pink paper..

_____________________________________________________

delicious sweet, spicy, intense, dark and attractive..
In my opinion not for any woman..

Lasting power & sillage are good but I expected more from an intense version ..

To be used at night, hanging out or clubbing..

I am in love with you Play intense !

Martyna
Martyna

On my skin the sweet orchid and other floral notes mix nicely with the equally sweet pear and sandalwood, creating a pleasant, grown-up floral-fruity fragrance. Not your typical FF for teenagers, if you know what I mean. However, this would've been a bit too bland to release under the name 'intense' so the creators added quite a lot of patchouli and even more balmy notes, hoping it would add some depth, mystery and darkness to the fragrance. Well, at least that's what I get on my skin obviously.

I find this one very pleasant, but it is not for me because being around strongly balmy scents for too long gives me massive headaches and nausea. They just suffocate me ;-) It also isn't very original, but it's definitely modern just as the original Play. I definitely see why it appeals to so many ladies, especially the younger ones, who look for something a bit more grown up and dense, without getting into the ever-popular vanillas or risking the old-school perfumes which may be a bit too heavy or even smell 'dated' to them.

Overall it's a nice oriental floral, certainly suitable for the evenig, but I guess that on some people it could turn into a nice day scent too. Sillage and longevity were very good on my skin. It lasted all day and I could still smell it in my hair the next day.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

An overly zealous sales lady was pushing the tester on me so I took it home and tried it. Once again I am reminded to always TRY, TRY, TRY a perfume before buying! Give it time to develop and see how you feel about it 1/2 hour after spraying, an hour after, and at the end of the day. On me the first hit was very fruity, I could swear I smelled blackcurrant! Then it just developed into a sweeter version of Play...which I find too woody and powdery for my tastes. This concotion reminds me of many other perfumes, Alien, Black XS, some of the Guess'es...pretty mainstream and nothing exceptional.
It's a pass for me........

fefi
fefi

sexy and delicious!!!!

rivet6
rivet6

smells very woody and sweet on me.can smell vanilla,and tonka bean in the dry down of 8 hours.ONE OF MY CO-WORKERS LOVES IT ON ME AND SAYS,I AM GOING TO BUY THIS ONE.

stellalove
stellalove

Great scent in every way both this and the pink play dry down the same but this is so sexy to start!

lettyb76
lettyb76

To me, it smells like Fruit Stripe Gum with a very slight hint of vodka. I really like the smell, but it's too young for me. It would be great on a 21 year-old girl.

oofragileoo
oofragileoo

all i can smell is strong patchouli/sandalwood incense, none of the lighter fresher spicy notes came out on my skin.
i definitely don't smell expensive or sexy, i smell like a hippy :( i couldn't even stand to wait it out to see if it got better, i had to wash it off
black xs is one of my favorites and i don't smell a similarity between the two, but that might just be on me.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Love Givenchy intense! does resemble flowerbomb (but not too much), though flowerbomb is not as spicey or as smokey, it is more of a signature scent where intense is something i'd prefer to wear more on occasion.

It also resembles mariah;s m in the purple bottle, only alot spicier

It also vaguely reminds me of alien .as well as estee's sensuous noir - minus the pine note and a bit sweeter not as elegant, still very nice,love it

natalia.arcan
natalia.arcan

I like soo much this fragrance! And it lasts for a so long time! I'm really inlove with it.

crazedbrit
crazedbrit

I'm sorry, I just don't get this fragrance at all.

My mother gave this to me recently, and as soon as I sprayed it on me I gagged. It was such an overpowering peppery, chemical smell. My husband said it smelled like formaldehyde. Found out my mother received it as a Christmas gift, tried to wear it twice and disliked it intensely, so she gave it to me. I just sold it on ebay.

I own and adore Flowerbomb, and this smells nothing like it...on me anyway. Play must not mesh well with my family's chemistry composition.

Jellybean
Jellybean

definitely justifies the name - intense. This is strong stuff! musky, creamy and floral. At first benzoin, then patchouli and spice powerfully combined with hints of floral notes and peach. Cream, musk and spice to sum it up. This is a grown up scent, not my type of fume, but I could tolerate it. For nights out, going shopping, just don't walk into the restaurant wearing this, or stomachs will churn. The heaviness lifts after an hour and floral undertones emerge. Superb lastage.

LEZ 7
LEZ 7

Very nice perfume,very simular to jimmy choo.but more powdery and less sharp.Intense,certainly not.A little dissapointing considering its price.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I'm sorry, I have to say it, but Flowerbomb couldn't hold a candle to this! I'm so so glad I've tried this on my skin. It rocks! It has an awesome smoldering thick sweetness. Deep and sensual. Not synthetic and candylike at all. It's warm and it makes me want to close my eyes and breathe deeper. It is quite delicious - not edible - but nonetheless. Great combination of notes. Tonka, benzoin, pink pepper, patchouli. That's what I smell. A smooth rich vanilla bean sweetness, spicy, a little smoky, a touch of earthiness. Goodness. It doesn't smell anything like Hot Couture No. 1, but something about the way it wears and makes me feel, reminds me of it. This is going straight to the want list. The sillage is good, but it seems to fade a bit quicker than most other Givenchy scents. Beautiful dimensional vanilla.

littlemiss.xx
littlemiss.xx

This smells mostly of tonka bean; I'm not getting a lot of peach or anything else at all. It's a very velvety sensual scent. To be honest though, I really don't like this perfume. It is much too strong (hence Play For Her INTENSE) and makes me gag.

One good thing I can say about this fragrance is that it has good sillage and lasts for a long time on your skin--- even after some intense scrubbing and washing I can't get it off of me!

wildorchid13
wildorchid13

Strong, sweet & spicy. This is a perfume that lasts all day, without being too heavy or overpowering. Love this scent and the bottle design is sleek & unique which makes it great for travel.

mrsmcfall
mrsmcfall

I love this. I tend to love the sweet & spicy sh**. I also don't like the bottle at all, but the scent inside reveals sophistication, warmth, sweetness, sensuality.

Eilonwy74
Eilonwy74

A former roommate of mine had a candle (or perfume, or detergent, or SOMETHING) that smelled exactly like this. When I smelled it for the first time today I cried out that it smelled like her! It brought back some happy memories of living in Florida and it will be the next "have to have." I mostly didn't buy it today because it didn't smell right until I'd walked away from the perfume counter with Thierry Mugler's Angel instead (not unhappy.)

I always thought this scent (or what I remembered being just like this scent) was violets, but I might be picking up on the strong orchid scent. I also read musk and a powdered, soft patchouli. It's strong, and stayed on my skin for hours. I think I know what I'm getting for Valentine's Day this year!

decent_sniffer
decent_sniffer

sweet and warm. last long too. recommend it for winter.

just_sara
just_sara

This reminds me of casmir by chopard. The opening/beginning.
Givenchy is more sophisticated, but it is still a strong parfume (intense for a reason). Luckly it turns into a warm rich and sweet scent. I like it. Nice parfume. But just a little bit too sweet for me. Gives me bit of headache. I think if someone else would wear it, it would be enjoyable for me. But not on me. I cant take this parfume all the time. (btw at the end, it also reminds me kind of mauboussin, mauboussin parfum, but softer)

I dont understand the bottle..? Totally doesn't suit this chique scent.

The sample states Floral Woody Amber: Orange Blossom, Amyris Wood, Tiare Flower, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Benzoin

UPDATE: Do know what to say. Im deeply in love. But it is a love that doesnt work! Stunning fragrance, just stunning. Everytime I try it, it amazes me even more. What a depth. I love the pepper, but it fades. Just love everything. But yeah... too strong. Going to try the original play for her.

sintjafreya
sintjafreya

I really like this Givenchy´s perfume. It became my sigature. It lasts all day on my skin. I get draw compliments when I´m wearing it.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I only get tonka bean...seems to be most dominant here. I believe this smells like a lighter version of Yves Rocher So Elixir.

catou
catou

I put this fragrance on this morning from a sample that I got when buying Agne ou Demon. The smell of pink pepper is extremely strong and just too much for me. That's all I can smell and I don't enjoy iy at all.

jodee
jodee

Something in this causes a bad headache for me. Liked it when first applied, then needed to wash off due to the headache. Sharp, sweet and a bit of sourness to this one to me. Gets a bit powdery on the dry down on me. Wouldn't buy it due to that sour, whatever it is in this that bugs me badly!

Aredore
Aredore

I've kept samples of "Play for Her" and "Play Intense for Her" in my jewelry box for months. They were freebees when I bought moisturizer. "This one" said the SA, dangling the plastic packet of Intense over the bag, "is my favorite. It smells soooo goooooood!" I try not to grimace as I smile and nod.

It's funny how the designers will list all of these exotic sounding florals and woods in their new releases, when in reality they are hawking liquid penny candy. Intense smells for a brilliant split second of blueberry and then devolves into a cloying sweet amber possessing the disturbingly addictive and slightly wrong dichotomy of powdery and chewy sweetness found questionable culinary anomalies like circus peanuts. It smells like the caramelized bottom of a macaroon, like reams of button candies and is purple like the non-latex medical gloves used in dental offices.

Most specifically, this smells of a kind of chalky, candy cigarette I consumed as a child. I used to hold one between my index and middle fingers like a real cigarette, wear an inappropriately haughty expression for an eight year old and slowly gnaw on the end of it, pretending to smoke and imagining myself as a very rich and classy older lady.

A perfect metaphor.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Wonderful perfume.Sweet,fruitty,and a little bit peppery.Just perfect.Lov'it:)

Whit
Whit

Love this much better than the original Play. The original Play could be likened to the quiet girl at school, who spends most of her time in the library studying. Play Intense is the loud-mouthed cheerleader who has a ton of boyfriends and is out partying all night. Lol (No, I'm not knocking cheerleaders.) If you found the first one too light, try this one. :D

sizz
sizz

I smelled this at at a store and absolutely loved how it smelt our of the bottle. HOWEVER, after I had tried it on, I found that the fragrance was weak, and dried down to a pure chemical smell. Unfortunately this did not work with my body chemistry. The fragrance is beautiful, however like any other perfume, try it on first to make sure it works with your body chemistry!

eva.90
eva.90

I like it better than the original Play, it's nice, perfect for the evening, not too sweet but very feminine. The only thing I can give thumbs down for this one is that it doesn't last very long, which was surprising for me because the name says INTENSE... I didn't get anything intense from it.

rhynel
rhynel

Much deeper than the original play. Perfect for autumn. Sexy without being too forward, although it is not entirely original. Can't say it smells like Thierry Mugler, but others have created a similar feeling before Givenchy's attempt.

It's a skin perfume, and I find that the sillage is about 8 hours for me.

servana
servana

I like this one a lot better than the pink version. Very floral, very sweet. Too much so.

I find both "Play" scents pretty bad. I would have expected that in a drugstore but not from Givenchy. Cheapishly Sweet.

dina
dina

Tested it twice; I guess it didn't quite agree with my chemistry: I get a constant note of Vicks vapo-rub all the way from the 1st spray till it dries down.
The same happened to me with Midnight Poison...
The 2nd along with Mademoiselle that I don't like from the Givenchy recent releases..

kailea
kailea

I have been conquested. i remember when this one came out, in my country it was cold winter. I have always love parfumes made by Givenchy so I told myself why not to give it a try..smell of his was very tempting but longevity poor - just two hours. So I let it go. in late spring I got it as a gift, so I had to try make friends whit it xD yesterday I put it on and it stood by me 5-6 hours.regards it is oriental floral I recomend to wear it on semi-warm night. late spring, early and late summer. it is powerfull scent, intense one. and the bottle is real candy. . all in all my grade for this one is 9/10 :D

Air of Mystery
Air of Mystery

I was enthralled to see the advert in Venezuela with Justin Timberlake. I bought this on the strength of also JT's recommendation, as it appears to be profoundly sentimental to me. It is a salicylising fragrance, opening mellow, deep and heavy sambuca, subliming upwards to give a note of lemon, and dispersing downwards to emit the scent of a good summer wine. Very interesting, different and unusual. Reminds me of a good and precious time in my life, Trinity College Dublin hotel stay last Autumn. Bravo!

Vamy69
Vamy69

Smells great however it is an almost dead on duplicate of Hilary Duff With Love. Both of them last forever....

Helsinki
Helsinki

As the name suggests, this fragrance is all Play and no Work.

There's a whiff of orange blossom at the opening. Strangely, it balances the scent very well. You can sense the presence of myrrh, too. Like its other Givenchy siblings, Play Intense is a rich and well-rounded fragrance which stays close to the skin. I'm happy to categorise it in "nightwear". It is blended with a pinch of mystery and luxury. The thing I love about this scent is that it's not oversweet. Although vanilla isn't listed, it's most certainly there, entwined with patch. Those two notes form a triumphant alliance whispering "come hither" into your ear.

Oh, I'm tempted.

gigiletta
gigiletta

just reminiscent oblique rewind,a bit sticky,warmand sharp,perfect for summer,very very longlasting.
p.s. oh sorry,for winter:)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Love this perfume, have tried in on my skin several times now and will definitely purchase a bottle very soon. The smell to me is like Kenzo Amour intensified and upgraded (this is what I expected Kenzo Amour Le Perfum to be, but it wasn't). There doesn't seem to be vanilla amongst the notes in Play Intense, yet I swear I can smell vanilla.

The sillage and the staying power are amazing. I had a spray on my wrist, took a shower and the scent was as strong as ever hours later. Amazing!

The original Play is not at all to my liking (even though I usually like light floral musky scents). Play Intense smells much much better to me, it has in fact a place in my Top10 list of perfumes. Can't wait to buy it.

Update: Bought this one yesterday. Absolutely love it! Sweet, powedery, woody, with a touch of peach at the top... Yum!!! Very long staying and the base is very strong, so the perfume smells fresh even after hours of dancing and sweating (tried this yesterday, he-he). Definitely prefer this one to the original Play version (light pink bottle).

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

got this today as a swap and i'm really happy to have this now in my collection!
it smells similar like chanel allure sensuelle to me but way softer, smoother, without that heady patchouli note. play Intense is very well blendet and sooo mysterious... wow! the patchouli is detectable here as well but not way too strong fortunately.
tiare and orchid are prominent in this and the benzoin-tonka drydown is very balmy, the sandalwood very earthy. kinda intriguing... can't stop sniffing my wrist... def. a winner !

staying power average (close to the skin) sillage great.

that bottle is stunning :D

ps. wish it would last longer as strong as the top and heart which are fading away quickly to a faint scent, quite weak for being a intense scent :(

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This smells really good on my skin. Softly floral, spicy, woodsy, and delicious. Flowerbomb is a very mild version of it, but Jimmy Choo is similar to my nose. This came out before J.C. I think the white florals with sandalwood and tonka bean are so sexy, but they are not overwhelming or cloying.
A plus is that Givenchy lasts forever on my skin. If you have dry skin and perfumes fade in no time, try Givenchy. It's well balanced, you don't pick up on any one note that crowds the others as they transition on skin. I had three choices. This, Flowerbomb, or the new Opium.. Belle d'Opium? I chose Givenchy because I love the notes, the lasting power, and I don't have anything like it. I did not care for the original Play fragrance.
The tonka bean in Dior Addict makes it raw sex, and I used to find it quite dirty. I still wore it. :) The tonka bean in this is more subtle, but it roars just below the surface. Sort of like hidden lingerie.

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

Completely different than the original Play for Her, wow. Although they both have notes in common, they are night and day. (Play intense being night.) I love this smooth, dark, dusty take. The patchouli and benzoin really seal the deal here. The dry down is marvelous and brings to mind old books, plus some sweetness.

Ninulia
Ninulia

I sprayed it on just right now, and reminds me of Dior Addict, perfect for winter!!

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I agree with 'junebiswas', that Play Intense is quite close to Black XS... I don't find it close to Flowerbomb, Angel, or Addict at all. The only thing is, this one is also sweet, just like the others. I'm not sure how the lasting power of Play Intense is because I only sprayed it on a spray card not so long ago, but so far, it's been pretty good. Good for those who like sweeter, musky, & slightly darker scents. I rate it 2.5/5

krishka
krishka

i tried both but like the original more, PLAY INTENSE is heavier, and sticky sweet and doesn't develop as well as the pink one...i find also the staying power of the original better...

junebiswas
junebiswas

Just smelled this today and the first note that hit me was BlackXS. Now i am sure this is going to be a very long lasting perfume but i already have a bottle of xs and dont want more of that smell!!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Hmmm. Having tried Play yesterday, and Play Intense today, I don't find a lot of difference between the two, but the original Play smells slightly better on me.

Play Intense is a little sweeter and ... oilier? The heavy, sweet phase in the middle lingers longer. Seems a bit more evening/winter than its sister scent.

As with Play, it's nothing we haven't seen before, but it's pleasant. It has excellent longevity and lasts 12+ hours. Overall, I think I prefer the powdery dry woods of original Play to this sweet treat.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The pink pepper and peach top notes make it fruity at first. I also enjoy the orchid in the heart, but there is too much dry sandalwood in the base for my chemistry to be able to carry the scent, despite the patchouli. For those who like rich, somewhat dry scents.

when i smelt it ,, i felt that it's so close to (flower bomb perfum) ..
It's so chic & young ,, I liked it ,, and i'll add it to my collection =)

adele l
adele l

Ok, this immediately reminded me of hanae mori butterfly. Not a bad thing in that it is a very warm and comforting, almost foody, oriental. Also maybe a slightly less sweet flowerbomb...it certainly could have had more originality and more of the legendary givenchy strength. Very nice scent though, I actually really enjoy it.

mmizy
mmizy

As soon as I sprayed this the words "flowerbomb copy" came to mind. but it is a little deeper and darker.

Burnbaby80
Burnbaby80

I love this perfume.
Can't see a lot of these similarities, personally... I am yet to find a Thierry Mugler perfume I remotely like, and it doesn't remind me of Flowerbomb or Addict, both of which I have.
I perhaps agree on longevity, and it IS expensive... But I do love it.. smells like no other in my collection.

jackgirl
jackgirl

Yes, it's in the patchouli family together with Angel and Flowerbomb and XS and Co but much lighter.
It reminds me most of Kenzo Amour le Parfum.
And yes it's much better then the original Play, however it has poor lasting power.
Not a fan.

its not like angel , its mutch better i like it .

ednafrau
ednafrau

this is "angel" lite! seriously, do the people at LVMH (owner of givenchy) think the fragrance buying public has amnesia? i do find the packaging to be stylish and i like the concept, but it seems that all the money went to that and to the massive publicity campaign with justin timberlake instead of the development of the perfume itself! brands like givenchy should release less perfumes but with better quality and ORIGINALITY!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I like it, but it's been done before..... many times over now. Sweet, slightly fruity, lots of benzoin, lots of tonka bean, I'm bored. I've already got several other bottles of perfumes that "fits this bill".

lafefe
lafefe

This is another Flowerbomb and another Black XS by Paco Rabanne. It should be the tonka bean and some spicy note that give me this clear impression. It opens very fruity and develops sexy and woodsy. Not that I don't like it, it's just nothing new...

I was right, this is much deeper than Play (I like it better) and has a very incensy, oriental feel. Givenchy calls it a woody floral amber and has torchwood (amyris)right on the tester bottle and packets, yet it is not listed here...strange!

I like the bottles for the women's PLAYs and to me they feel solid and modern and the silver bumpy border makes it easier to hold onto-it reminds me of a remote control...and the rich purple color is gorgeous!

This begins with the light sweetness of peach and softness of orange blossom spiced with pink pepper-nice but not too sweet or heavy. The heart is very floral with a lovely orchid, subtle magnolia and the tropical air of tiare; torchwood has a very unique scent and is very detectable here, keeping it a nice woody floral. In the drydown phase this truly becomes something wonderful! Sandalwood and patchouli give it an oriental air while benzoin and tonka keep it warm and smoothly sweet. This has a very sweet spicy feel and the flowers and woods and aromatics are very well blended and though it is called Intense it is not as strong as a parfum, just a different deeper version of the original...yummy!

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 3.5/5

My best girl at my fave frag counter gave me like 15 single use samples of this and I really like it! I've been trying to get away from any too overtly feminine scents, but this is going to be wonderful on a mild autumn day, as it is a lightly spiced woody that will shine in fall's cooler temperatures, but has the floral body and light fruit that will remind one of summer and has just enough warmth to work with long sleeves and sweaters...

StephD
StephD

Got a sample of this, tried it on my skin. Such a warm, well-rounded scent, with a base of vanilla. Very dark, sensual, mysterious. I'd wear it out to an evening at a chique restaurant... or a midnight ride on a motorcycle, with a beaten leather jacket and hair blowing in the cool breeze. Too heavy for everyday though, won't be buying.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

First I got this as a gift. Thank you, because I wouldn't buy this to similar to other greats.

And the award for most easiest to confuse with a tech-gadget goes to Givenchy! Now about the juice...yumm I agree with the sibbling to Addict & Flowerbomb. Basically notes from both with a cool tech purple gadget bling bling looking. Easy to forget when Addict is better in mixing the notes and Flowerbomb is better with the sillage.

Put your money to one of those two instead..unless you like the packaging of Play better.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I like it - sweet flowers with spiciness of tonka and pink pepper. It's quite intense, bold and warm. It's pretty one I could like, but ... I don't know..still I want something else. Same story was with Dior Addict. I liked it, but not enough to buy it. It's balanced, but maybe not original enough for me. I like bottle very much tho D:

vertigo
vertigo

Intense is much better than the original, pink one.
As its name says, it's an intensive modern oriental floral.
It has an orchid-y quality of Flowerbomb.
For me it's mostly velvet peach & sweet orchid on warm, woody, vanillic base.
Nice, but not enough for me.
And the price!

Bouquet
Bouquet

OK,I give a qualified thumbs up on this fragrance. It's very good,warm, woody, evening out type of scent. And I'm a sucker for a good orange blossom. It lasts about 4-5 hours.
BUT this type of fragrance has been done SO much better and cheaper by others. My advice is to try Tocca Stella, Fendi Palazzo, and Victoria's Secret Silk, before you drop the big bucks on this one.

Play For Her Intense by Givenchy 3.82 out of 5 based on 588 ratings and 110 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Play For Her Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Play For Her Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Play For Her Intense by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Play For Her Intense by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.