Designers » F-H » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Play Summer Vibrations Givenchy for men

Play Summer Vibrations Givenchy for men
dislike

marine
Play Summer Vibrations Givenchy for men Pictures Play Summer Vibrations Givenchy for men Pictures

Play Summer Vibrations is a fragrant sea wave which cools down with an elegant and sunny composition – announced as summer anthem of freshness. Top notes of this masculine edition encompass coriander leaf combined with citrus zest. A heart adds bitter black pepper and foamy sea wave full of surprises, while a base is composed of woody notes of amyris. The fragrance is available as 100 ml EDT in a milky white flacon decorated with modern, colorful circles. Play Summer Vibrations was launched in 2010.

Citruses Coriander

Sea water Pepper

Amyris

Play Summer Vibrations Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

a decent been there done that citrus opening mixed with light spices and light woods. Sillage is terrible and it does not project. Longevity is at about 3 hours but very subtle.

Just happened to have this, and I am okay with it. The opening is a little sharp and a little dry but it changes to a sweet woody aromatic, much like the original Play. It lasts fairly well on me but without much of silage or projection. Nevertheless, it's pleasing and works fine for all year round.

jcastano
jcastano

Why am I such a sucker for summer flankers?!?! Here's another fragrance that I purchased because of the neat presentation and the belief that I was going to get something worth the $60 I invested. Unfortunately, the scent itself does not coincide with the supposed "new" note breakdown. There's cilantro in here as well as a few other interesting notes but you know what this smells like? A watered down version of the original Play! Ain't that about a *****!!!! A less woody and fresher version of Play. That's it. Very slight projection and no longevity. It's literally gone within 2 hours. I consider Play a great scent and fairly complex but Play Summer Vibrations is a dumbed down rendition of that. There's no character and nothing special about it. It's still nice I suppose but please save your money on this, especially if you own the original.

Play by Givenchy was citrusy and sharp, perfect for Spring and Summer. Play Intense on the otherhand was dark and woodsy, preferable for Winter and Fall. This fragrance, Play Summer Vibrations while refreshing, does tend to dry down to something quite woodsy and aromatic, so I'm tempted to say that this new flanker is a combination of the two previously mentioned fragrances.

Play Summer Vibrations is all about the watery citrus and pepper at first. It was energetic, lively and sporty to boot. There was a hint of it becoming quite aquatic towards the heart, however the coriander and pepper notes prevented it from doing so.

The drydown was the most interesting aspect, with a delicate woodsiness, a touch of creamy sweetness and a dash of herbs. It took on an almost clean approach, less zesty and fruity than the opening.

The clean, soapy and soft drydown is what brings me to suggest this fragrance for the colder seasons and not just Summer. Another thing, Play Summer Vibrations is versatile enough to be worn by women too. I certainly believe I could get away with wearing it, and I'm very feminine in how I dress and act.

Play Summer Vibrations is certainly not linear, but I can understand those who find it a little boring and mediocre. Personally I quite like it, but like Vertigo, I think it's a little overpriced for what you get. The lasting power is average.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Oh, what a letdown! It starts off with a beautiful grapefruit note, only to evaporate in 2 minutes into a generic, warm, cedar-y, spicy, musky scent that so emulate many men's designer scents of the moment. Back to the classics for me again!

guest_louishool
guest_louishool

Great! i like it

markus25
markus25

I love this scent!
other scents i have are hollister jake, and happy for men.
I just sort of got into the world of fragrances as i am fourteen. I think this is just simple a simple fragrance that is perfect for the summer.this one is great because you can still breathe in the surrounding area on which the scent has entered, unlike very deep scents like drakkar noir that are very over powering and offensive.

the coriander and lemon come off as a cool day over time it molds into a very modern casual scent when the bass notes and even the heart notes kick in.

instantly freshens and cools the room that you are in, all that I have been getting from this scent are compliments.

***** stars :)

guest_ben
guest_ben

i hate its such a waste spoiling d name of givenchy let talk abt summer am in a dry hot (47 degrees ) i cant even smell it even in a cool ac room !!!!!!

kalilax
kalilax

Well, Vertigo, I have to disagree, I quite loved this fragrance, it's light and smells so delicious I never seem to get enough of it during the day. It's the right choice for summer, as it smells totally differently from any other summer fragrance out there. It's a bit expensive, I admit, but it's totally worth the money you pay for it. And mind you, I receive lots of compliments on this one, nothing like a cheap deodorant, at least not to my nose.

vertigo
vertigo

Notes look nice, but this is so generic.
No originality.
Smells like a cheap deodorant.
Citruses & coriander are clear.
You have smelled it many times!
For this price, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone ...
The only good thing is the bottle. Modern, fun and summery.

parfumaddicted
parfumaddicted

Why wont they launch a summer version of Very Irresistible for men this year? - Or does someone know, whether they will ? Thanks

Play Summer Vibrations by Givenchy 3.73 out of 5 based on 34 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Play Summer Vibrations fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Play Summer Vibrations, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Play Summer Vibrations by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Play Summer Vibrations by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.