Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Very Irresistible Givenchy for women

Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Videos Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Videos Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Videos Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Videos
Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures Very Irresistible Givenchy for women Pictures

Irresistible, modern, floral fragrance. This incredibly feminine fragrance was created of five variances of roses. The opening note of anise, delicately-fresh, brings in an original modern nuance in the classical floral harmony. The sharp and piercing beauty of rose has become milder, even warm and comfortable. The face of the fragrance is charming Liv Tyler. The fragrance was created by Dominique Ropion, Sophie Labbe and Carlos Benaim in 2003.

Cassia Lemon Verbena Anise

Harvest 2009 Very Irresistible Rose Centifolia

Very Irresistible Fragrance Reviews

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

Ok, I think I have the right one, off the very irresistible collection. I am not a rose fragrance lover, well I should say my skin is not a rose compatible, but what a plaisant surprise , I love that one ! I don't get the usual and unfortunate rose scent, on me it is a fresh floral even fruity, how lovely ! Not powdery nor stuffy, which is what normally happens when I associate roses scents and my skin. Nice sillage and longevity,

llleticia
llleticia

What is the difference between the boxes of old and new versions?
It's just because i' don't know how to distinguish these two versions on the store... thanks

pollita
pollita

wonderful and exquisite. this one is the perfume you could wear in bed, on a trip to Sahara, Thailand or New York. timeless and proper for any moment. I am in love with this perfume. It is a soft and creamy, but also very very chic scent. French and sophisticated. It's not the femme fatale perfume. It is beyond the commune sexiness. This is absolutely unique and irresistible. A true feminine value.

wvdisnut
wvdisnut

Initially, this perfume is extremely intoxicating and beautiful. The delicious floral fragrance lasts for about a half hour. In the next hour it still remains fairly strong but begins to change with the dry down. What is left is an irritating spicy carnation type smell that must be the anise in it. It lasted for hours until I couldn't stand it anymore and tried to wash it off. It is so strong that it would not wash off with the first wash, nor the second, even after scrubbing the area with strong soap. Why are only the irritating perfumes ones that stick like glue??

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

There are a lot of rose perfumes that have a bit of a rancid underpinning. You could argue that that's just the smell of rose and you'd be 3/4ths right. Regardless, this is one of those perfumes.

I'm not smelling the full development of the rose here. The strong character of the lemon, anise, magnolia and peony strangle the purity of the rose and it comes off as a complicated, chemically sweet fragrance. I could see this smelling quite chic and classic on someone with the right body chemistry, however. (Haven't tried it on myself.)

The dry-down is actually pretty, however, unlike a lot of rose-dominant scents.

Fizzy
Fizzy

First 5 minutes you smell a delicious sweet sour cocktail with fruits and woods. After this beautiful 5 minutes comes the creamy dry down and stays about 3 hours. It just smell like a bit rancid cream.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

My sister's scent, smells beautiful on her. If i see it going cheap, it's a done deal.

Romantic, super feminine, powdery and perfect!

Evanilla
Evanilla

I like this, but it sometimes seems to strong or heavy.

It's a fresh rose scent in a cute pink bottle. I think a little too basic for me. I like more powdery and sweet rose scents.
I think it's feminine, light and moderate.
It's amazing how many different rose scents there are.

carolinaesp
carolinaesp

I have an interesting experience with this perfume.

10 years ago I smelled it on a friend and immediately loved it, but as I was only 14, I felt I wasn't "ready" to pull it off. Last year I got the chance to test it on my skin, before going on a night out. It was fine until 20 minutes later, when the scent started to be so overpowering that I was on the subway and had to scrub it off, I almost choked with the smell!

But I wasn't put off by this though. I purchased the roll-on version, which is almost a sample as it's so small and as soon I put it on, it was SO different from the full bottle version... the roll-on smells just like the scent I fell in love with years ago.

It's softer, but still the lasting power is great. I live in a tropical country and my skin is mostly oily. Many perfumes tend to get a strong unpleasant/chemical scent on me through the day (either that or I sweat it all off), but this one remained intact even after 5 hours, smelling just like when I put it on. I'm still trying to find a signature scent and I probably won't wear this for forever, but I know for sure that Very Irresistible makes me feel like my age (I'm in my early 20s) and womanly.

Usually I hate sweet scents, but Very Irresistible has a subtle sweetness that agrees with my nose. It's creamy, warm, floral. I wonder if the bigger bottle has something stronger in its composition... if that's the case, then I'll only buy the roll-on version from now on.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

This is the creamiest rose I know of, and I've tried tons of roses. It has had a place in my heart since the early 2000s. A classic and can't get over all the flankers listed here! Check them out.

galaxy86
galaxy86

If I had to choose what I would want to wear for my wedding, I would choose this. It is a beautiful delicate linear fragrance. Nothing too complicated about it. Just plain delicate, fragile and elegant beauty.
I love this perfume.

pikachunicorn
pikachunicorn

So springy and feminine. It's innocent yet mature.

I still love this perfume and its ed p version after many years.
It's romantic and optimistic, easy to wear and versatile it smells so rosey and feminine with a gentle spicy edge. This is not too compicated nor niche but it goes with everything and smells classy enough. A winner.

caros76
caros76

Loved this in my 20s, but think I outgrew it. Very sweet and floral. It is lovely, but I've moved on.

Dee5
Dee5

This is an elegant fragrance. Another OMG one. It doesn't last all day - gives me a good 5 hours. I currently have a sample for testing but this is definitely going on my 'must buy' list.

michellexoxo
michellexoxo

I absolutely love this fragrance! I've been wearing it for almost 4 years now. It has a strong sweet floral smell, so I could see how many people would dislike it. But I don't think its overpowering or overly sweet. It's fresh and feminine and I wear it during any time of day. When you first spritz it, you get a strong sweet smell, which can seem a bit overpowering. But it eventually fades and within an hour, settles to a beautiful rose scent. The dry down consists of a musky-leafy residue still mixed in with the middle rose note. It is a beautiful and unique scent, but won't be everyone's cup of tea. It really depends on how it mixes with your skin.
Also, I find that when spraying a perfume directly on the skin, a fragrance can smell really strong. So I prefer spraying the fragrance in the air and then waltzing into it.

Marie76
Marie76

I can't understand this is so popular. I got this as a gift and gave it away. It was heady, way too spicy, with a frank ugliness to it. It smelled musky in a bad, bad way. With no nice floral or creamy note to elevate or sedate it. I also happen to think the bottle design is desperate. Really not for me at all.

Cece.A
Cece.A

I tested this sometime back and really liked it. I would so want to have it.

Nottinghillbelle
Nottinghillbelle

This gives me a headache. Not ok

Kayse
Kayse

Wonderful things are sometimes not appreciated the first few times you try them...and then they become addictive, that's my experience with Very Irresistible! It's a FRESH and vibrant rose, the perfect summertime rose garden captured in a bottle that garners many compliments. This one is worth a few tries, and is stunning in warm weather.

VERYlibby
VERYlibby

I bought this perfume probably about 6 years ago mainly because Liv Tyler was the face forit and I adore her. Luckily this scent is SEXY! I've come to realize that a scent might smell great in the bottle, on paper, ect but once its on the skin..it can sort of change. This scent, beautiful, smells EVEN BETTER once I put it on. I have found my the perfect scent for my bodies chemistry! A+++!
Are there any cigarette smokers out there who are users of Very Irresistible that noticed (this is weird i know) that the tobacco and smoke smell great with this!!
I keep a roller ball in my car and I have pulled it out a few time to let different male friends of mine give it a smell and tell me what they thought of it..all had the SAME response...Thats really Sexy, what is it?
They could not have given the scent a better name or a better model/actress for the face of it. This is defenitly the most grown up, sexy, alluring, black and pink lace decorated bourdoir, wanna get lucky, feminine (not girlie) -scent I own!

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

I just got this perfume today, I sprayed one on my wrist and laid down for a power nap. So funny, I woke up with my 4yr old daughter sniffing on my wrist hahaha! And she kept on sniffing on it and said... " Wow, mommy your perfume smells very goood! I love it." :D
And now I can't wait for my husband's reaction later when he gets home :)

matereac9
matereac9

i have had to mark as "had" because i had to give this away. i had a mini of it a while back and liked it (the kind of mini bottle you get in gift sets). but when i bought the full size, i don't know if they changed it, or if i got an odd batch that happened to smell nicer than the intended scent, but it wasn't nice. overpowering and flowery for me. i know it's notes are mainly floral, but it was the kind of flowery you'd expect from a 50's powder room. takes your breath away, in the sense that it chokes you.
really not one i would go near again.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

I use to have this and consider this one of my favourites, it is a rose scent but not that old fashion powdery rose that you may find in other fragrances like the old yardley one,it has a sweetness and modern smell to it that makes it stand out from the other rose based fragrances also it lasts a long time on your skin,the only downside is that the design of the bottle however lovely makes you spray a lot so you run out of this quicker if you use it a lot but overall a wonderful perfume and would still like to repurchase.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Disappointing, I had high hopes for this perfume but it just smells like cheap hair dye - I detect a warm ammonia type fragrance and some cheap dark fruits, like glace blackcurrant - boring.

mp2491
mp2491

In the bottle, this smells like soap. And on me, it still smells of soap. I still like it though. It's weird. I can't really make up my mind about this one. I have the body wash of this fragrance and I love it more than the perfume.

sophiatwli
sophiatwli

Somehow this perfume reminds me a lot of Dior's J'adore, even though they don't share the same notes. It's a very clean, powdery, sweet perfume. It is, without a doubt, a very classy perfume. It reminds me of my grandma, but in a good way (whose signature perfume is J'adore). This perfume is for the nice, good girls who like pale pink dresses and pearls.

rula ajjan
rula ajjan

Well... its name says it all its very irresistible. All men love it and you will always get compliments when you wear it. Girls this perfume could change your life it could be your enchanted spell... very sexy very angelic very you very irresistible ;)

Liebetx
Liebetx

Tested this today with high hopes of it being another rose scent I could fall in love with. And fall in love, I certainly did. For about 10 minutes.

The opening is everything I hoped for with Very Irresistible. Big, lush rose flavor rounded out with a warm spicy woodiness that somehow remained fresh. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. Sadly, that lovely rose scent faded quickly into a woody powdery Blah note that reminded me of scents from the late 80s, early 90s. 2 hours later: Powdery Woody Blah + Magnolia = Southern Grandma or Aunt. Actually, it reminds me exactly of something my Aunt wears.

To sum up;: fantastic opening, "meh" dry down. Totally forgettable and so glad I didn't buy a bottle immediately.

I'll stick with Stella.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I gave this away. First it opens with something beautiful, sexy, yummy, so I begin smelling the air around me to inhale all of these pleasant notes... but suddenly something appears that smells sickening to me. I have tried this perfume several times, and always gotten the same result. I absolutely hate this fragrances... I have no idea what the ingredient I hate so much is, but I would would be happy to know to forever avoid it in the future... and yes, there is only one ingredient in this that totally ruins it for me. I don't like this neither on myself nor others. The smell of this is very easily recognizable and I want to cover my nose every time I smell this on someone, which, luckily, happens rare.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

The anise note comes off strong in the opening, it settles after some minutes after which the rose shines through.
Soft, subtle spiced rose fragrance with good sillage & longevity.
Not a favorite of mine, because I am not really a fan of anise in perfumes. However, in this one it's subtle, warm and rather alluring in the dry-down.
♥♥♥

Meadowberg
Meadowberg

The anise is the dominant note for me in this fragrance. It adds an interesting spicy twist to what could otherwise have been just another rosy floral. Instead it is far from bland - it's strong yet soft, warm and elegant.
The longevity is impressive - one spray has lasted me 7 hours +.
One of those where you can't stop smelling your wrist so, yes, it lives up to its name!

Jenge
Jenge

I wore this exclusively in the early 2000`s until I used up my whole bottle. I thought it very warm, inviting and feminine then. Sampled it today and it brought a smile to my face.

Now, I think it opens as a warm floral with a light rose note, but well blended with the other notes, and not an obvious heavy rose bomb. As it dries it becomes a little more cool, powdery, and even a little green. It smells clean and soapy, too. It starts to warm up a little again and lose some of the "greenness", but stays decidedly floral throughout.

A pretty, daytime stroll through the park. Sweet and fresh, but it could become cloying if applied too heavily.

temo
temo

Something about this fragrance just says to me "all is well with the world". It's not "knock your socks off fabulous", but to my nose it's appropriate anywhere, anytime, and it's soothing. I always get complimented on it when wearing it. I seem to detect a fresh mint smell right off the top for just a few minutes, before the rose kicks in. This is like aromatherapy for me.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Very surprised by this. On the tester strip it smelled heavenly. On me I smell beautiful, sweet roses, and the anise gives it a nice edge. Strange thing is...I pick up a very sweet note...almost candy like. Strange, because I don't see any candy or sugar notes in the composition. I think that's what makes it a very young smell. I'm 23, but I prefer scents with a little more...."oomph". Don't get me wrong, I love gourmand scents, but with character.

Lovely scent, just not for me. :)

soosoo68
soosoo68

For me, this was a bit heavy and strong. I may be in the mature category age wise, but this seemed more mature than I care for. It also gave me a headache. I do prefer cleaner, lighter, sometimes sweeter scents though. Sadly, this did not work for me. It does last a REALLY long time though. Quite impressive for an EDT.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Had a small sample vial.. A very nice floral, not too light or too heavy, unfortunately a tad too much rose for my taste to buy, but would wear occasionly if I did have it because it is very good.

bambinoo
bambinoo

I was doing my job while I smelled this. I thought omg what smells here so raunchy like chilli peppers, haha sorry for my bad nose but really I do smell chilli peppers here, probably the anis-rose combo, very spicy. I needed immediately to know what it is. Than I saw this bottle and since that I want it, I need to smell it sooo bad. Givenchy is my favourite house because it doesn;t produce any rubbish, it always smells so inviting, unique, memorable and I dare to say that it smells sexy. I don;t use this word, but here I must. Givenchy captures the energy and the playful side, it has always some "sex-appeal", something what forces you to remember it. I already have Hot Couture, which is just so luscious. But back to this master piece. The start smells little fruity and soft but quickly turns to this spicy, heady anis-rose combo. It smells wonderful and lasts a long time, there;s some magnolia which smells silky and wrapps the rose with its calming aroma, I can smell something little green, it could be the verbena which reminds me of lime peel here.. (You know maybe my weird nose again.. :D) And hints of cassia perhaps. The name was aptly chosen, if you ask me. It;s very, absolutely, genuine irresistible. If you look for a heavy rose with a spice, for what else you;re waiting for. This is masterpiece. Great sillage, exactly for fun night out, for some provocative and seductive moments, nothing shy, incredibly hot and exactly for seductress. :-) I would use it in colder temps, since it;s very heavy and better to use with a light hand.
For me this scent is a female agent provocateur.

AnnaBarbz
AnnaBarbz

I wore this perfume in my late teens and truly believed luck came my way every time I wore it! Seriously any date I'd go on I'd get guys kissing my feet complimenting me all over. It was a love spell in a bottle. I feel it's a seductive smell and not for a little girl the rose really stands out and makes it uber feminine. I'd buy it again to test my luck theory.

juanamartula
juanamartula

i never wear it. but when someone is wearing it i think is the yummiest scent ever! wanna buy it!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

Elegant when sprayed lightly on a summer night. To me, this is a romantic woman's day to night perfume. I do think the notes bloom more in summer. Sweet roses, fresh garden like with a kick of spice that will light up the summer night air. Very classy. Just don't overspray or you will ruin this. I don't wear this all the times and sometimes I don't like it but when it works it really works. Quite classy.

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

I've had this one for about two years now, I don't use it all that often but I very much enjoy it on the days I do feel like it. I like to wear it when the weather is warm but not super hot, and for some reason I love the smell when I'm wearing pink - so I match the bottle, perhaps? (which by the way I don't think is particularly pretty but I don't really care about bottles)
The smell is very flowery, very rosy on me. I don't get a lot of powder or soap. Just a lovely smooth, sweet, prettily soft blend of a fragrance. It's no masterpiece in my opinion, it doesn't blow me away like for example Shalimar or the sadly-discontinued Gucci Homme do, but then I don't always *want* to be blown away. This is a very nice, comfortable scent for nice, comfortable (pink-jumpered) days and I enjoy it very much.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N from the Master house of class and creativity Givenchy ..I noticed something very rare & unique about Givenchy perfumes , they are true to their names ..! ..Organza is like a silky , expensive ,chic dress , Amarige is "Happily ever After .." and Very Irresisitable is really IS very Irresistable ..Unlike most perfumes the floral is the base notes while green /earthy ones are the top .. The base notes are strong sensual Taif rose (which I love & know by heart from my childhood , my uncle used to grow them in his Villa's garden :) middle notes are the romantic- but not so innocent magnolia & rose while the perfume opens up with the green fresh notes , this is an "upside down" pyramid of notes to give you that special irresisitable woman vibes ..As a reviewer here noted this screams WOMAN but not in a cheap sexy hooker like way , this is a smoking hot sexy but still a classy woman , you may think of it like :" Fire under Ice" ..Trust me this is the ideal date perfume which will make a guy fall for you immediately but he would NEVER think of you as being "cheap" ;)

Save M
Save M

it's modern, uncommon and playful. A marvellous Givenchy's fragrance. Very Irresistible is perfect in summertime, with its exotic coconut aroma ( I agree with some others below ) which embraces its heart of roses. Definitely a different conception of roses.
Perfect during hot evenings.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

It's a nice fragrance but it's very strong to me; a little goes a long way. Very good lasting power as well. I do not get any rose from this though. Great perfume for a romantic evening. Easy on the spraying though.

SophieJ
SophieJ

Tried a sample this morning...Rose and powder.. maybe a bit too much powder. The topnotes are pure baby powder. After an hour or so it tames down into a decent rose scent. Not really a fresh rose or a mature rose, just a fake, plasticky powdery rose. Definitely not my favorite scent, won't be buying a bottle.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Straight from the sample vial it smells beautiful, elegant, fresh and just stunning. But as soon as applied on my skin it becomes green and rose turns soapy.
In the dry down there is nothing left but anise just like candies for sore throat. Not really in love with that one.

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

I smelled a lot of coconut and roses, so beautiful

millie1980
millie1980

If you want to smell girly yet modern, this is how to do it. It's not complex or sophisticated, but I think a cut above many floral-fruity/gourmand frags aimed at younger women :-)

I think this would work well on cold, cloudy days and in the winter, when you need a pick-me-up in the morning. Or a girly shopping trip. But you could wear anytime really.

Ok...actually, the dry down is lovely on my skin, still faintly sweet, but also surprisingly elegant. Wonderful :-)

Beepert
Beepert

Smells absolutely delicious in the air, but becomes overwhelming and sour on my skin. I sprayed some on my pillow before I went to sleep last night, and the warm, dusky scent was incredibly soothing. For some reason I smell plum in this?

Update: sprayed on my clothes, it retains its deliciousness. Dusky, soft, calming. A lovely fragrance, easy to wear.

gangel04
gangel04

This perfume screams woman to me. I love it. It's my go to for special occassions. On first spray it's rosey and then later in the day you smell more of the anise/lemon seeping through. It lasts a long while and isn't particularly overpowering (on my skin anyway). This isn't my goto day perfume because i prefer a softer sillage. This is definitely at least a medium sillage if not heavy.
I've made a habit of brning at least one of my sisters into my reviews for an all around "how does it work on different skin types," so why stop now? This is one of those perfumes that smells pretty good on all of us, though their impressions are that the sillage is heavy and the scent is more for an evening out than a daytime celebration. On their skin the scent comes off a little more floral while on mine it's slightly spicier.
Bottom line: this is a perfume that Maybe someday will make it on my daily list, but for now takes the no. 1 spot as a special occassion perfume. This is something that, unless my skin chemistry changes drastically in the future, i will be buing indefinitely.

ver jaina
ver jaina

rose, spice/anise combination. it smells flowery warm. smells quite nice in the air & becomes weird & horrid on my skin, hence i only spray on clothes. best to use during the cooler morning at work. i dont think it's elegant, or smells professional for the matter...but it's not too 'ordinary'. it;'s one of the 'wear for yourself' type of fragrance.
i had a mini of this & wont be interested to buy a larger bottle.

2nd review - i actually a bit trigger happy with my decant spray so it lasts long on my shirt. i wear it when i was working night shift, & this is not too bad! i kinda liked it :D it gives me a modern vibe...so to be really sure i bought again another mini, before i invest in a proper huge bottle :p

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

This is just one of those scents that I feel indifferent to. I don't dislike it but I don't really like it that much either. Very Irresistible is pleasant, slightly sweet and very floral. I smell the rose most dominantly on my skin and the dry down is clean and a bit soapy. Very Irresistible doesn't really have a 'wow' factor and it smells a bit ordinary to me. It's a light scent and longevity is minimal (3-4 hours). I think if I liked rose notes more I might be more excited about this but I'll skip buying a full-bottle.

magickmaven
magickmaven

I was pretty surprised to see the rose notes in this one since my experience with it was that it had a very sweet plummy scent to it. Berries, plums.... That was my experience with this fragrance.

So. It didn't work for me so much and I ended up giving it to what is now my ex mother in law. She loves it.

carolien1978
carolien1978

My favorite for some time now. I smell rose and anise, it's warm and romantic I think. Ik wear this at nighttime in winter/ fall and spring.

ailishlu
ailishlu

The opening of this perfume is very green and I get a distinct tea note. It's very pleasant indeed. I've had it on for about one hour and now I get a kind of powdery rose. This is a very pretty scent, but it's not terribly strong. In actual fact it is very light at least on me. I so glad to have had the opportunity to try this.

lodise
lodise

does it really reformulated?

cdanio
cdanio

I wore this scent today for a morning out with my husbandand children. I quite like it. it smelled quite crisp on me and remimded me of a cool icy morning. I liked it a lot for a nice time out with family, it didnt have much sillage but I don't really like a lot unless I'm our for a party or sexy night. I will definitely be buying more of this fragrance!

Katiepop
Katiepop

this smells so bad. it's too peppery and when it dries down all you smell is this powdery gross licorice thats toooo sweet! and oh so strong. it's so bad. headache and nausea alert. worst of all, it laaaasts for 2 days!

charmedbella
charmedbella

This has been one of my favorite perfumes. I don't get the strong rose notes. To me it's very warm, spicy, and slightly sweet. An elegant fragrance that could work day or night, summer or winter. It's effortless and extremely underrated. It doesn't try too hard.

evesoho
evesoho

This rose is not heavy. Neither is it strong in this fragrance compared to Stella by Stella McCartney or even Moroccan Rose by The Body Shop. Although I can smell the rose, honestly, I get Magnolia more! The anise gives the "warm" element that the company describes in their marketing. . . but again I'm at odds - the scent is overall a little on the cool side *for a rose scent*. If this is warm, then Stella is too hot to wear!

Update: 30 minutes in... it really warms up. The lemon verbena still adds a little ice cream to the pie. . . or rather a little cool morning dew on the petals.

There is a prettiness to it, and a distinct elegance customary for the great house of Givenchy. It can be worn any time of year, at night for any mood and occasion.

filmoyster
filmoyster

Very Irresistible is a light, clean, fresh floral. After wearing it for a day, I don't think it is the one for me due to the lack of rose and my desire for other notes. I found:

Within the first five minutes:
- No rose scent.
- General floral smell
- Licorice (anise)
- The anise is very interesting, it balances the floral

An hour later:
- Rose emerges slowly to me
- Not what I define as rose scent

6/10 rating
*5/10 headache factor - gave me a headache.

filmoyster.wordpress.com

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

One of my close friends has this. Ah, bless, I don't have the heart to tell her it disappears after 15 minutes and she may as well have not bothered to spray anything at all. It is a light scent designed to smell feminine and couture, soft, spicy, pink roses. Suits Liv Tyler's porcelain skin and sensitive, elegant features.

ninius
ninius

My skin picks up the anise too much. I hate it. I'm glad I blind bought just a miniature.

gabygol
gabygol

It was a gift from my latest boyfriend, and honestly, he gained points by choosing the right one for me. It is sexy, elegant, long lasting and charming. Love the peony and the rose. It is lovely!!!

Athanasia2702
Athanasia2702

Perfect. Free from sexual allusions, gives you a feel of freedom and openness.

Wearing this for myself, makes me feel happy, comfortable, sympathetic and clear!

minty
minty

Something in this perfume makes me irresist to wash it off. Not my cup of tea.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

With all the different rose scents in this fragrance, I knew this was going to be floral and sweet. I tested the eau de toilette, and it comes out strong, but eventually settles down after the first 30 minutes, so I don’t consider it overwhelming or overbearing. I love the smell of roses in fragrances, so I was looking forward to smelling it.

I can smell the peony mixed with the other floral notes. My nose doesn’t actually pick out the particular scent of roses, but I do smell a bouquet of white flowers with the star anise giving it a bit of depth. With the exception of the last 1-2 hours, this EDT experiences very subtle transformations on my skin—I smell the same bouquet of flowers all the way through. There’s not much complexity or uniqueness. I don’t mind that it’s not complex because many of my favorite perfumes are simple, but this smells pretty generic.

Towards the end, there is something warmer that emerges. I’m unsure what it is, but it smells a lot like amber. Whatever it is, it adds a tad bit of complexity to what I consider a practical fragrance. By “practical” I mean the scent is safe and pleasant and can be worn daily when there aren’t any special plans. It actually smells a lot like hand soap to me. Expensive hand soap, but hand soap nonetheless.

I think it would be nice to wear in the spring/summer. It lasted many hours on my skin. I find it a little boring, but it’s feminine, youthful, and can be worn daily. I don’t consider this sophisticated or sexy. The way I think of this fragrance is similar to what I think of its bottle--it's pretty and girlish and playful, but not that interesting. Although it’s pleasant and I like smelling it, it’s not special enough for me to buy a bottle. Maybe I would have better luck with the eau de parfum or one of its flankers. 3/5

bailarina
bailarina

This is a beautiful rose perfume that other people notice. I love it. I don't even care much for rose, but in this one is good and kind of sophisticated.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I'm so on the fence whether to purchase this or not because whenever I keep testing this I seem to always get different results both at home and in the store. Perhaps there is a discrepancy between store testers that might have turned, or maybe a reformulation has been at work since this has been around for a couple of years.

I keep getting those "packaged samples" (not "spray" samples if you know what I mean) to test this, and while purchasing a couple of Givenchy's I ended up acquiring four 30 ml body lotions. Honestly, I don't use them because should I decide to finally purchase a bottle I would layer them underneath the juice.

Anyway, when I use my "home" samples sometimes I like it and then I don't, but then when I test it in different stores sometimes I like it and others times I don't. It's like I can't make up my mind at all because sometimes the rose is so heavy that I feel like suffocating, but then at other times it dries down to this classy light fruity scent where the star anise is prominent and balances the rose (then the scent is to die for), and at other times it has more of a masculine smell. This is the only perfume that I encountered that has such an effect on me. It's really weird.

Does anyone else get such inconsistent results with this perfume?

P.S. I guess instead of buying a bottle I should use up the body lotions since they are heavy and obviously smell similar to the EDT. Ugh this is frustrating XD

****UPDATE***
I can't even wear the body lotions! The rose is too much for me. This is a pass for me then.

Ninkin
Ninkin

Well, I would honestly expect more from Givenchy. The scent is just... OK. I do own it, because I do feel like wearing something simple once in a while. It's a nice, light, uncomplicated scent, not suffocating or overwhelming in any way, not very warm... I would describe it as a "cool rose" . That said, after a couple of hours it starts producing some metallic-y note... like tin or something. Weird.

poopinthepoop
poopinthepoop

This and vera wangs princess are my signatures. I love to mix it up between the two. This scent is so perfect i absolutely adore it.

i can not say that i love it enough.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

this is quite a lovely floral concoction, but alas with most givenchy frags it bothers me after a few hours. and with good longevity, this is a problem. for swap. n. america only

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I really liked it for the first 15 minutes or so. The drydown, though...it's too heavy and too strong. I need something with a little more weight for fall, but I really don't think this is going to be it. Certainly not an everyday fragrance. It surprised me, because normally I really like rose fragrances. But the drydown on this one gave me a nasty headache.

onlyonline
onlyonline

Nice smell just not for me =/
I have a 4 piece giftset that I purchased from Macys last year for $75. I am more than willing to swap or sell for $30

comes with edt spray, lotion, rollerball, and shower gel. If interested please do not hesitate to contact me.

jhadnot87@gmail.com

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

I love this perfume but it just doesn't last long on me.

twilight1234

like this, though it could be a bit less strong as sometimes it gives me a headache.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Not my type of scent at all but I don't think I would mind it if I smelled this on someone else. I think that the powdery scent in this turns me off because I hate anything powdery.
In fact, this scent kinda reminds of me of baby powder with a Rose scent.

UPDATE 12/6/2012: I'm starting to like this scent a little :) But I'm still not going to buy it because it reminds me of my friend who is a perfume snob and she only wears "expensive perfume". Whatever lol. And I don't want to smell like someone else.

lollah25

sorry in my last comment i meant not over-the-top sweet...

lollah25

one of my first perfumes.. totally loved it!!! everyone around asked what was my fragrance.. feels girly, fancy and sweet, but over-the-top sweet, a gentle feminine touch of sweetness... just saying it worked for me, plus I live in a hot weather zone, maybe that helped...

diana.barrientos
diana.barrientos

I love it, so refined and sexy !!! Great quality

cesalica
cesalica

One of the first few perfumes i bought. For someone who isnt a fan of floral, this scent actually appeals to me. Its probably coz I can smell some powdery notes with the roses. And the roses don't smell like typical rose scent, it is actually slightly sweeter. Definitely a keeper. I miss having it around. will grab a bottle soon!

lickthetins
lickthetins

to me, it's a very sophisticated & distinct scent. Ultra romantic, strong, floral - best used for special occasions, because it packs a lot. Could offend if over-used. On the rare occasions when I wear it to work, I only spritz a tiny bit and it stays for-ev-ar.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i'm sorry i have to pass on this one. i tried it a few times today being my last, but it is actually very resistible. i can only smell anise over everything else and it reminds me of cough syrup-Benadryl. i'm disappointed because the reviews were glowing for this but i can't find the rose in it.
I'm sure the other reviewers who adore this are justified in their sentiments and it makes me sad that I can't appreciate it like they do because I would love another beautiful rose scent and this bottle was so prettily promising. I have to say though it's longevity is quite good so it's a real pity I didn't take to it.

dkny27
dkny27

Ironically, I had given this away years ago.... I was "over" the louder floral fragrances, at the time. But, this is a timeless keeper. It opens with a pop of anis, which on my skin I perceive as mint and then blooms into a gorgeous floral that defines what va-va-voom translates into, IMO..... This is one of those feminine fragrances that when women who are familiar with it, smell it on another woman, they think, "damn, that lady smells good, that is a great fragrance...."

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

And I return, again, to “Very Irresistible”. I don’t know what, exactly, it is about this scent that keeps drawing me back. It’s not refined and mysterious, but it’s vivid, has a distinct character and it just feels…right. It’s like a backyard rose garden, a wet garden, with rain from a sun shower sploshing off big, juicy and creamy blooms and crunchy, dark green foliage.

It also has a hint of plastic, like those “rose-scented doll heads” from the 80’s and 90’s, many people remember, in a way that suits its slightly vulgar, iridescent packaging. It’s not an intellectual, highbrow scent or ode to ironic kitsch, but squarely somewhere in-between. It’s like roses in Technicolor; gaudy in the glossiest way, but still sleek in their sunny, sophistication.

I don’t get olfactory fatigue from applying it over a period of time; it always smells fresh and new to my nose, every application. It’s always dewy, sweetly spicy (think along the lines of clove or even cedar and cumin) and the sheer, astringent anise and citronella-like lemon verbana, brings to mind, both, bug spray and night skies. I actually love this note because it just adds to the picture of a dewy, bountiful, “Midsummer’s Night Dream”, so well.

“Very Irresistible” just makes me feel happy. It’s as simple as that. It’s a fun, chic, happy scent.

nananessa
nananessa

For me it's a very sweet rose, with only a light touch of anise & magnolia. Roses, Roses!!!

sofababe
sofababe

I have experienced all 4 versions of Very Irresistible, this, the original is my second favourite after L'Intense.
I find the 3 older versions to be very similar indeed, which is good as they are all lovely but find myself wondering if its really necessary to have all 3 on the market.
Rose, anise and cassia are dominant to my nose, very feminine and a compliment grabber, certainly. I don't find there is much change over the life of VI, the drydown is pretty much the same as first spray, but the sillage and longevity are immense.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Kind of smells like bar soap, but i wonder if thats just how it reacts with my skin ..

Aspendina
Aspendina

i can't stand when a perfume house names many different perfumes the same scent, get some creativity; so I do not know if I smelt the right Very Irresistible or not, but what I got was a baby powder scent, like someone dumped johnson and johnson baby powder all over me. That is however one of my favorite scents but not what I was going for when looking for a perfume so this is a BIG NO.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

Well, to tell you the truth, Givenchy Very Irresistible is one perfume that I was VERY disappointed in I find the Perfume to have an overpowering floral powdery 'old lady' kind of smell. not for someone under 30 overall, I feel it is overpowering and suffocating - actually made me feel a bit queasy.

I love this one!
I gave it as a Christmas gift for mom several yeas ago..along with other Givenchy shower stuff in the same gift box.

She truly loved it..but uses it less than her other perfumes..

So..I had the job done myself!
:D (not so often!)

Then I brought it to a dear friend of mine..she really loves it..that it became her signature scent..(or maybe it's just me who link her with "very irresistible"!!!)
:D

I probably could be the first man to declare his love to this perfume!

It's elegant & very irresistible indeed!

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

AAAAAHHHH! My first true love! The drydown smells like...heaven to me!!!

twilight1234

I quite like this one. It smells of really floral flowers, especially rose! I like rosey perfume, especially this stuff!!

connie.o'strand
connie.o'strand

Just bought this the other day after smelling the tester in my Glaomour magazine. Initially I didn't smell any roses! Ha! When I bought it and then looked it up online, I read that it is mostly made of rose scents! I have only wore it for two days and cannot say if I really like it or not. I think I will keep it though... I do have D&B Rose The One and THAT is for sure a rose scent. A soft pretty one. Very Irresistible is a way different scent. But not in a bad way? I need to wear it more to decide.

Okay, I returned it. But only b/c the staying power was not good. Like it otherwise.

I think I want it back lol Either that or I wanna try VI sensual

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

One of my favourite perfumes ever...wore it at my engagement party and would've possibly worn it again at my wedding if the bottle hadn't run out. Just smelling the cap while passing by my dressing table would put me in a good mood that's how uplifting and calming I find this perfume. Will definitely re-purchase it :)

Ditto25
Ditto25

This is not my favorite rose fragrance but it is certainly floral and pretty. At first it does have a smell that is too powdery, but after awhile the rose comes through. On tester paper it just smelled like a box of scented tampons, on skin/clothes it is beautiful! It isn't a strong rose scent at all. I do not get any spicy notes. This just smells the way I would imagine Marie Antoinette smelling. All feminine, pretty and girly. It lasts a good amount of time and the bottle is nice. I only wish that the powdery notes were not strong or there at all. It does wear off a bit but it can be a bit much.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I loved it at first, because it's floral and feminine and sensuous... however, it's kinda like eating cupcakes: lovely at first, but may be TOO sweet after several minutes. I don't know... still love it, but slightly torn when it comes to this scent.

I suppose the "sweet" note I'm getting is from the anise... but it's strange, I don't really detect the notes listed above! It has a faint greenness to is.
Anyway, it's clearly not just floral... it has a very strong sweetness and green quality as well.

misteriouswind
misteriouswind

It,s a rose scent. Rose,rose,rose. First it seemed to me that is smelled like toothpaste. Wrong. It,s a fresh rose , a little sharp, but it still remains a good choice for a date or if u wanna feel pretty,romantic,innocent.It,s sweet.

tandi
tandi

I have used it before but I found it too sharp and intense.nausea inducing after a while. I hated it

Kaala687
Kaala687

I tested this one and the perfume version today. It smells pretty with light florals. I smelled powder in this though, which I don't care for. It smells nice and light, without being too light, but not enough to compell me to get a bottle. My friend smelled it on me and she really liked it.

Prudence Kambe
Prudence Kambe

Great perfume...I love it

vicka16
vicka16

It smell nice, but a bit to sharp to my taste. I would prefer the anise notes to be less intense. Good to wear once in a while.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I like this fragrance. It's quite sweet, but also very sharp at the same time. Probably because of the anise. I absolutely love that note. Its gives depth and warmth to this fragrance, despite the sharpness.
I can smell loads of roses. Fresh, light roses, not heavy and overpowering. More something like a rosegarden, where you can also smell the earth and the green leaves of the roses. That would be the peony, freshening up stuff.
I don't smell any sugary or synthetic sweetness at all, it's more of a heavy, yet fresh floral sweetness.
I think this fragrance is really well made and I really don't understand the very negative reviews. Then again, I am a fan of slightly spicy floral, so it's probably just my taste.
I like this fragrance, but I'm not moved by it. I would wear it, but I'm not sure wether I would ever buy it. Perhaps to wear on warm summer evenings.

Bethesda
Bethesda

This is a beautiful floral fragrance. Very feminine and I would say slightly old-fashioned but in a nice nostalgic way like Charlie Red meets Crabtree and Evelyn. I don't get any of the fruit, as someone has also mentioned, apart from some herby lemon in the opening. What I get is:

Top notes:

magnolia

Base notes:
magnolia
woods

I'm surprised amber isn't mentioned as I find it quite noticeable in the dry down. It's definitely a strong perfume and packs more of a punch than you'd expect from an eau de toilette, and it lasts a good few hours. I can see why people might find it overpowering and I think this is the heady magnolia which dominates somewhat. If you love intense florals like J'adore you will probably love this.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Very Irrésistible by Givenchy was the very first designer fragrance I ever owned. It’s a vibrant soft fragrance with deep rose notes. The captivating smell of the centifolia rose with the soft spiciness of the crisp verbena leaf create a unique scent. It’s sophisticated, classy, and absolutely irresistible!

Majesty
Majesty

Very Irresistible has been reformulated to death!! I had tried it 2 years ago and it was such a beautiful rose scent and now it is a plain watery,alcohol based rose ''scent''. Totally unnatural rose. I wonder why it belongs to the fuity floral category since there is no fruit :/ Overall disappointed..Lasting power is so bad and it used to last for hours..It's just a shame..

rosembloom
rosembloom

On me it is very light , ultra floral, slightly aquatic but it seems something was left unfinished about the fragrance. Will review later but I can say it is enjoyable, fresh and clean but unfortunately does not stay on me. Good day meluvs!

just_sara
just_sara

I wasnt in love with this parfume when I first got it (gift). But after I while I start using it a bit more, and came to like it. Very very rosy parfume, in a good and sophisticated way. Men seem to love it. My brother always loved this one. It is a very feminine parfume , and by far one on the best rosy scents out there. So if you like rose and want a very feminine parfume. This is for you!
Dont know if I will ever repurchase. Have so many memories to it. Maybe just to have it somewhere.. <3

update: ah,, left the tester open in my room. When I came back, I was like what is that delicious scent! Now I understand why men love it. It so seductive and feminine yet soft. Im totally getting it again, for a night out. It smells sooo good from a distance! But from upclose it is a bit synthethic/cloying ;) Hope this helps anyone. Do test it out! This one is a bit of headachy causing scent if overdone. And very out there. Some have mentioned that it is very common. NO. There is nothing like it. But it is very very recognizable. And one final word. If you like warm fragrances, this isnt for you.

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Me encanta ;)

goldpoint
goldpoint

I received this as a present and I can say it's OK .It starts with sharp scent of peony and roses and I can deffinetely smell magnolia in the dry down.Although I like floral scents,somehow this one does not impress me too much.I will use my bottle ,but if it's up to me,I would never buy it.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I realy hate to say this but, I do not like this scent at all. It's borring to me and common.

lapurrla
lapurrla

I ticked like because I neither love nor hate it. VI is a huge success financially. Not necessarily creatively though. I counted 18 flankers! The Givenchy marketing machine is in over-drive and accelerating.
P.S. Just no desire to ever smell it again.
P.P.S. Where are the base notes?

Contessa01
Contessa01

I had been wanting this perfume forever and finally caved a few days ago and bought it. The first burst of fragrance is so beautiful - fresh fruity and floral. But the fun ends there. After 15 minutes I smell a very weak floral fragrance. And thats it. The beautiful scent than smelt like a bunch of fruit and flowers is gone. I am so disappointed!! I have to say it has probably the worst staying power of any fragrance I own. I just love that initial blast so much that I wish it would last more than 15 minutes at least in even a softer form. There is next to no dry down you really almost smell nothing. I have no idea why its like this. I got so sick of respraying I sprayed some D&G red cap which lasted all day so I would actually smell of fragrance. So yes I do love it but only for the brief time I smell it. I am not sure if its worth the money unfortunately.

Bandit
Bandit

This reminds me of a different fume, but I have no idea, which one. That might be due to the fact, that I loathe the smell of Very Irresistible and I probably loathe the fume, that I can't remember (could it be J'adore?). This kind of fruity perfume is simply not made for me, it instantly induce an unpleasent feeling in my head and stomach.

I am jailous of the fellow perfumistas, who are able to like all perfumes at least a bit and are objective to all. That's an ability I lack. Unfortunately.

Another fail for me on Givenchy.

monilek
monilek

If you like to be recognized for the scent u wear, this baby is for u! Overpowering, floral and sweet.
Hated it.

Jellybean
Jellybean

crisp fresh floral. reminds me of cool crisp morning:) light scent with a clean smelling drydown.
great for daytime. about 5 hours longevity

cerebellum
cerebellum

I like this perfume on other people, on me it just doesn't smell right....it goes sort of flat and plasticy...it smells sort of how I would expect expired/rancid baby powder to smell, if such a thing existed. I inherited a tiny bottle from my mom, and ended up re-gifting it to someone else because it just stunk me up. Must be my chemistry.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Girly, sweet rosy floral, no great shakes, pleasant enough, quite surprised at the big negatives. I expected it from LT/TS as it is a run of the mill, mass market commercial success, but it is just a sweet end of the scale rose scent. I don't get all the weird stuff like fly spray, plastic and other not so pleasant smells people seem to have found in there!

Kione
Kione

"Mature ladies in their 30's" my godness!!! that used to be in the middle ages right? I am in my 30's and feel very young :)

About the perfume, just testing it, first notes very soapy, like having a shower with a very fragrant shower gel. Then it becomes heavier and more flowery, it doesen't go much further than that, BUT it is a very original floral, different from other I have tried.

I like it but it doesen't blow me away.

alassouli
alassouli

Nothing special. This perfume is for mature ladies. May be in their 30s or 40s. I got a sample and I didn't like it. You can smell anise over powering.

happyheizel
happyheizel

This is pure heaven. Yummy and warm and all the great things. Has one of the best sillage. :D I love this perfume so much! PS. The drydown smells exactly like DKNY delicious NIGHT.

SheShe
SheShe

I like it. I had a bottle of the fragrance. I usually don't like roses in perfumes but Very Irresistible roses are different - kind of plastic and really fantastic :D that's why they are bearable - "real" roses make me feel older than I really am. Roses with anise do the trick and are a great combination.

The scent is happy and crazy. I think Liv Tyler is well chosen to advertise Very Irresistible - if you remember Aerosmith's "Crazy", that's the scent.

The lasting power is excellent and the fragrance is strong - not too strong. The bottle is elegant and looks great in reality.

cdegli
cdegli

I honestly think this perfume is awful. I did a huge mistake in buying it. it smells cosmetic; as if you were wearing a rosed candy plus toothpaste and some sweet sugary stuff. When I tried it on paper it smelled fresh and classy and wearable but it totally fooled me. it gave me a stomach ache; smelled like cough syrup (the one you drink when you are 5 years old). It is literally a mint with sugar and plastic and a cosmetic rose with other berry stuff but all very confusing to the nose. can't explain it. obviously this is MO, other people might find it great and I respect that but IMO it turns out very different from what you smell at first, so I would suggest giving it a second thought before purchasing. not for everyone.

I made a huge mistake..

I brought this to marvelous perfume to my girl..& my mother!!!

See?
Isn't it huge?!

katrin1128
katrin1128

I thought this was a good perfume for me, but there were a few times when I wore it that people mentioned that they smelled bug spray. After that I gave it away!

joyceisblasian
joyceisblasian

I used to wear this scent in high school when I was 15. I never realized how much older it made me smell. Although its a great, timeless scent I think it might fit me more now I'm older (23).

constantinova
constantinova

unlike other floral fragrences this has an ageless smell. I m twenty and when I wear this peaople think this smells joyful and happy but when my 45 years old proffesour wears this they think this is classy and elegant. this is like a bouquet of pink and white flowers. perfect for spring and summer.

bra_chorni

i was not a fan first,i bought it in summer.then da chilly weather started,i reached for it more,right now i really like it.i find it a rather sexy romantic date night scent,i dress according to it,cant be casual with it,treat it with respect,men surely love it.

hamze
hamze

perfect

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

More powerful than viagra ! =)
This is my signature perfume. I love it ! Just like its name: irresistible !
it's elegant, femenine, sweet, cheerful, long-lasting and makes me feel pretty sensual. My friends (specially men) always notice me because of this perfume.
And what can I say about my boyfriend... he just loves it !

janhvi.fairy
janhvi.fairy

i had sample sachets of this and absolutely loved it..received many compliments too...don't remember much but it was floral and very pleasing..love the bottle and shimmering pink!

PerfumeFanatic2874
PerfumeFanatic2874

Right now, i have two bottles of this perfume. I don't understand why the 1oz smells stronger then 1.7oz i did recieve many compliments. im very thankful. it just smells too nice.

sofiii
sofiii

Very Irresistible is like sweet rose with a bit berry-ish nuance. Juice, pink in a sweet and darker tone, optimistic and slightly more forceful than your average pink sugary perfume (which is a good thing to me).

There is something fresh and slightly sharper than the rest of the notes somehow goes throught the perfume and act like a kind of backbone here. I guess it’s the combination of star anise and cassia.

Later on, Irresistible gets a bit floral gourmand, sweet tart, less demanding and also less interesting to me. From here it just goes downhill, it gets more warmed up, kinda fussy and makes me feel it has start to losing its personality to become more alike to some sweet celebrity perfumes, just with a tab less sugar.

Pretty perfume to try on from time to time, but somewhat I find Very Irresistible is so resistible, as easy as resisting a well-groomed but quite boring guy at a bar.

Denizesoares
Denizesoares

Great perfume, for years it's one of my favorites.

summerinthecity
summerinthecity

I have ambivalent impresson about it.
First I became acquainted with this scent, because my relative used to wear it. The scent, that left after she sprayed it, seemed aggressive, too bright floral and made me nervous.
When I received several 2 ml samples and tried to wear that perfume to work, I was surprized - in small amount the scent turned out to be very joyful, optimistic, energizing. Composition is well-balanced and staying power is great - all day it remained exactly the same as it was in the morning.
But after several hours of wearing the scent it began annoying me, like someone standing behind by back and watching what I'm doing. So I'd rather keep my samples for some festive parties, celebrations etc, preferably in open air.

Necabel
Necabel

Compré la versión limitada de invierno y me encanta. Ahora he probado una muestra de este perfume y lo encuentro muy parecido, aunque sin el punto de incienso y con un toque de anís.

Me parece un perfume sexy y original, que hay que aplicar con cuidado, ya que es muy intenso y no hay que ponerse mucho. La durabilidad es muy alta, una gota en una camiseta permanece durante días. El olor no cambia con el tiempo pero se puede apreciar distintos matices.

Lo veo ideal para utilizar por la noche, y no lo usaría en verano durante el día, ya que es bastante fuerte para usarlo si hace calor.

***

I bought the limited edition and I love winter. Now I tested a sample of this perfume and I find it very similar, but not the point of incense and a touch of anise.

I think a sexy and original perfume, to be applied with care, since it is very intense and should not be much. The durability is very high, a drop in a T-shirt smells for days. The smell does not change with time, but you can see different shades.

I see it ideal for use at night, and not use it in summer during the day, as it is strong enough to use it if it's hot.

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

My mom passed off to me a large sample of this but I also found it headache inducing so I gave it to a friend. I knew it was a floral but now looking at the notes the reason why it turned me off is I don't like anise as a note at all! For me anise is too harsh.... gives scents a bite when I prefer them to me more soft and subtle. Recommend to those who love a strong licorice/floral scent. The woman I picture is Liv Tyler as Jewel Valentine in "One Night at McCool's... especially the her S&M scene with Paul Reiser!

Cherry_158
Cherry_158

i've tried it today....seemed too smothering,too intense for me! it's not for a young woman, i'm disappointed with it....it's not mine))

bra_chorni

i aint a big fan of rose scents,this has no highs no lows,good for a romantic nightout,not for da indian summers,its too rosey for me ,lasts a long time,it does not have a punch i want in scents,too flowery,wont buy it again.

ariana22
ariana22

great staying power & strongest rose scent i ever came across! its very captivating in the first couple of notes & the dry-down does have some powderiness. but the rose definitely comes through.
highly recommend for cool-cold weather!

Jannochka
Jannochka

I have tried it today and I seem to like it. I still smell it on me when I stick my nose to my wrist, it's very elegant and sensual but I dont think it has a great staying power, at least on my skin. I am thinking of getting this fragrance.

Updated : I got it today and I Love it.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

For me? General floral fruity fragrance. It's good but nothing more. More than good, maybe, but stills common. Good sillage/longevity (like all givenchy fragrances)

Siv55
Siv55

Very silly name. Why not simply Irresistible? "Very" is protesting too much. Probably because it knows deep down that you can take it or leave it, and that makes it sad, but it blows its nose and soldiers on. My mum wanted this because she said she can smell roses in it. To me it's sort of peppery rose. You can do better than this but you can certainly buy worse in the bargain bin. Bit like Miracle by Lancome.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I was given a sample of this by a Macys SA last week... I had cast it aside until today unsniffed... I find it floral and feminine but average at best and not very long-lasting or interesting... Im holding out 4 the Le Intense version...

GabyE
GabyE

My mother´d got it. I don´t find it irresistible at all. It´s a nice scent but to me, it has some notes that take too long to gather and make the perfume well-balanced...for this reason it´s better to smell it on others than on myself. Besides,it is extremely strong...wear just a little, please!

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

I LOVE Givenchy....they never disappoint.
Very Irresistible is a sweet and rosy scent, but not too airy or light, which I absolutely adore.

It is deeply sensual with a wonderful balance of spice.
Warm and luxurious, but not one which reeks of a headache.

I think it will definitely appeal to the rose lovers as well as strike an olfactory chord with those aren't.
I cannot exactly pinpoint the five different roses...but all I can say is they come together delightfully.
Very Irresistible combines freshness with warmth.

If you're looking for a much fresher version of this lovely scent, I suggest the summer edition. I prefer to wear that one in the heat.

But again, I am besotted with both! That this perfume is long lasting goes without saying!

I would rate this a 5/5

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

It is a wonderful aromat,fresh,energetical...

teddybear
teddybear

Is quite interesting how people run away from rose scents....hmmmm...Givenchy had created this scent with 5 type of roses...and the most important thing I think is the fact that this perfume is one the first aromatic perfumes...contains anise water...most unusual for the perfumes on the market...very bold and complex.I know!!I know!!!Some people hate licorice!!Let's say that the aromatic anise elixir is hiding in the roses bouquet...and this perfume is like a fairy garden at midnight after rain,a kinda breathing scent...It takes time to evaporate because aromatic waters are quite strong and the result is wonderful.A mix of flowers petals , watery drops and heavy black spicy...traces.I am in love with this scent!!

DONA DINA
DONA DINA

I simply fell in love with this irresistible, charming and chic perfume!!!
i bought this romantic perfume 3 times!!!
it's easy-to-wear anytime and anywhere...

melimelo87
melimelo87

I just found out about this perfume a few months ago and I've been in love with this fragrance ever since.
I was never a fan of Givenchy fragrance becuase they are quite strong. I tried a few and I didn't liked them but with this one it was LOVE AT FIRST SNIFF ALL THE WAY!!
Its a rosy scent but so sexy and sharp at the same time. Whenever I wear this I truly feel Irresistible.I can't explain it but its something just magical about this scent whenever I wear it.
TRY IT!:)

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

I think it shouldn't be categorised as floral fruity. Very irresistible is lovely,fresh,and sparkling flowers. I agree that peony is more dominant than rose. At first it's a bit strong but then became softer to powdery flowers. So feminine!

Lilyth
Lilyth

More sparkling than Very Irresistible, but very pleasant indeed. Feminine and romantic, classic women scent.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very very irresistible fragrance! It's a bit strong but it's a good scent with great lasting power. Very feminine and good for nights out or any other occasion when you want to attract attention. I'm not sure if it's me, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

rosabell
rosabell

How much I love this ! Since it came out I have never given it up , it is my favorite. I like the acidulate anise,the wonderful roses and the candy-sweet note it floats around.It is perfect for any season,it's elegant,timeless and I have no doubt it will sell not only today but in 20 or 30 yaers also.

This is a scent for floral girls. Also, you have to bear in mind that some of us do not like soft,skin scents.I would never purchase a perfume that people around me cannot smell because this is why I wear perfume in the first place- I DO want the people around me to smell it and to associate it with my person. Modern and new releases are that faint that ,no matter how nice and creative,noone can smell them . So,this one,although EDT,is still strong enough to be noticed and still,it is not heavy,it is airy and transparent and youthful.

To me, VI is a champagne made of roses,anise and dew.

The projection and the sillage are great and far superior to many other EDPs.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I don't know why, but it reminds me of new Play fragrances or whatever. xD
As with Sensual version, this is very pleasant and universal. Especially I like the opening phase :o I kept catching it from my wrist while I was wandering around the town and thought it was so awesome and expensive smelling. It is rich and pretty strong fragrance with lasting power. It isn't too sweet or candied, it has few green notes, like leaves and petals to it.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

When I first got this, I was very put off by the anise. It was an acquired taste for me. Now, I think it complements the powder sugared peony well. I find myself reaching for this often, especially when I need a comfort scent. For me, this is warm and uplifting.

merlin
merlin

For me It is very resistible... I bought It last summer, with high expectations...but I was a bit dissapointed... Dont get me wrong,,,Its not a horrible perfume...but to me It seems plastic...and synthetic...with too much alchool...
Or maybe It doesnt match with my chemistry ...

jasmine51
jasmine51

This smells really good on first spray. It's a nice floral, but powdery. I can detect citris, and after a few minutes there is a slight sour note that I am not terribly fond of.I like it, especially when first sprayed. When it starts to dry down I get that sour note, combined with the powderyness, and I find it a bit cheap smelling.

UPDATE
2 1/2 hours later...This smells horrid. Sour and stale powderyness. Yeck

Rouu

starting for the bottle with that slight twist to its edges gives it an attractive sexy sleek look was made of clear transparent glass, with some reddish/pink color fading towards the bottom that really screams FEMININE

This perfume smells casually glamorous and puts me in mind of an art gallery opening. It's a "perfect" scent you'd imagine an elegant woman who 'has it all together' smells of constantly -- as though she just wakes up smelling that way. It's floral, powdery, and a little mysterious.
Very Irresistible actually smelled really freaking good.it reminded me of fresh cut roses with a sprig of mint. the scent was very awakening to my senses,regardless 1st time i sniffed it from the bottle it was fade and nothing special but on the skin its yelling roses as it should be !! luve it

cloyd42
cloyd42

I find this perfume extremely resistible. Nothing's wrong with it but it's so generic and doesn't seem particularly well thought out Unfortunately it's one of those juices where more effort has been spent on the marketing concept than the scent itself. If someone gives you a bottle you'll wear it and probably enjoy it in an absent-minded way. If you want a great rose try something like Bvlgari Rose Essentielle. If you want a great floral with rose notes try YSL Paris or Guerlain Champs Elysees. Life's too short to wear non-memorable perfume.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

A very nice floral, nice and soft and not overpowering. My husband and 16 year old son both liked this on me but unfortunatly it was just too flowery for me, I'm not big on florals.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is so lovely and the cassia is beautiful. All I smell is the cassia, peony and magnolia and something somewhat warm and woody, which could be the rose.
A gorgeous classy fragrance.

e_negrau
e_negrau

A very good anise and verbena-based fragrance, which give roses and peony a sharp, spicy note. The minty scent of anise is very persistent in the dry-down. The perfume smells well, not cheap, not boring at all.

jedikitty
jedikitty

Another Givenchy I am falling in love with. All these roses and I still detect more peony than roses but I love peonies so it's all good. Good sillage, good lasting power, and it seems to stay "true" - it does not change much, if at all, on drydown. I find it very irresistible indeed, and so are many people (especially men!) who keep asking me what lovely scent it is. Maybe because I do feel so good while wearing this fragrance, my bod makes extra pheromones... And, hey, if at my age I can still get this much attention, I'll keep working it, LOL.

katyas
katyas

I've been interested in trying/getting Very Irresistible for awhile, so getting a mini was a great thing for me. After trying it, I've decided that there is no rush. The rose is very nice, don't get me wrong! It's a lovely rose scent without being too sweet or too powdery, and the other scent notes play court to rather than overwhelm the rose notes. However, it simply isn't different enough from any of the several rose scents I already have for me to justify spending the money on right now - obviously if someone were to buy it for me, for whatever reason, or decide that I must simply have a bottle and to Hades with waiting, I won't turn it down ... :-)

adele l
adele l

Like many givenchies VI is very strong with sillage to spare- it's almost a given! The anise is incredibly faint and the rose and peony stay in the forefront. This is actually very lovely and i get compliments on it but i don't wear it often.

elusivek
elusivek

I'm in the minority, I don't find this irresistible. That could be largely due to the fact that florals are not my preference. It has to be pretty amazing to impact me, which this one does not.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice, just not me. It actually starts out soapy on me before going into the slightly sweet floral. I get more than just rose, it's definitely a deeper floral, not light or bright. You don't need much with this one, it's very strong.

If you like floral, I think you'll enjoy this. If you only like a hint of floral, this is too much imo.

deeannek
deeannek

First I am a huge Givenchy fan and I hope to one day have a complete Givenchy collection.
This perfume is so strange on me. Immediately after the intial spray, I swear I smell OFF mosquito spray. It is a very chemical smell sharp and almost stings my nose. Thjen I wait a few minutes andit is just beautiful, like a warm day in a spring garden. It's funny I mentioned to my DH that Very Irresistable reminded me of OFF at first and he said No Way it smelled like ON to him. lol Funny how men process scent so differently than women-In other words he loves the scent from its begininng to end.
I also have Very Irresistable sensual and Absolutely Irresistable and I get that same initial blast of bug spray from Sensual but not from Absolutely it smells amazing from start to finish.
Once you are past the opening it is an amazing perfume.
I guess the nose for this perfume has a strange sense of humor but I do like it.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have been trying this on everytime I go out perfume testing. It is not just VI's charms which keep luring me back but my seeming inability to remember exactly which version I tried on. Today I took pen and paper!

I am not sure what Givenchy were thinking when they made an EDP. This house is not known for being stingy with its perfume/eau ratio and the EDT has more than enough strength to be an EDP in itself. The actual EDP is like a pefume hiroshima!

EDP opens with a very sticky, viscous berry syrup. You could stand a spoon up in it. It develops into an almost cherry medicinal flavour that is far too clouded with opaque syrup to allow the beauty of the florals unfold. It is simply too much of a good thing.

The EDT on the other hand has a fresh, almost cool green edge to the rose/berry combo. It still has incredible projection & sillage (I could taste roses in my mouth when I was eating Indian curry for lunch!) but it is clear enough to allow the stunning magnolias to release thier etheral beauty and move this fruity floral from passe to truly remarkable.

Givenchy VERY IRRESISTIBLE is a rather fruity floral with a strong cassis note that dominates the florals, including rose and peony. I do not find the anise note to be distinguishable as such, but perhaps anise flowers smell different than anise the spice?

Unlike some reviewers, I do not find this to be primarily a rose fragrance. Instead, VERY IRRESISTIBLE reminds me of something along the lines of TBS CASSIS ROSE: a likeable fruity floral with good staying power. The opening of this edt packs a punch, so restraint in application is called for, else you may alienate a bus driver--or so it seems!!!

All in all, while certainly wearable, VERY IRRESISTIBLE is entirely resistible.

RkrChk
RkrChk

This fragrance has 5 types of roses...However, it doesn't bite your nose like some rose-oriented fragrances can...It doesn't smell old-fashioned or 'old lady' ish....It's soft, floral, and beautiful...

sabaedra
sabaedra

I got a bottle of this as a present. I sprayed on my wrist and it started ok, but didn't impress me. After a couple of minutes i was in the bathroom throwing out my stomach (literally). It was so heavy and obtrusive and sickening. I don't know for sure what in this frag got me that way, but surely i won't test it again :) I gave it to my mom and she finished it in 2 years (wasn't one of her favourites either, i guess)
strangely my mother in law had the Soleil d'Etè flanker and it didn't bother me on her (i didn't try it on me)

Malibu

VERY IRRESISTIBLE is one of those perfumes that I keep testing in the hope that I'll suddenly love it. That has yet to happen however.

VERY IRRIESISTIBLE is best described as 'pleasant'. It can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out. It’s non-offensive to other people, didn’t give me any headaches and I don't hate it.

But I can’t separate any of the listed individual notes, so the top, heart and base just blends into one big jumble of artifical rose.

The staying power is very good and the bottle is lovely.

guest_Lovey

I'm currently testing this scent and I have mixed feelings, and that just won't do, as I'm looking to find an everyday scent. It smells of a lovely, sweet rose in the second hour of wear but with that being said I must also say that it brings to mind my great aunt wearing her avon powder perfume. I remember her fondly but I'm not sure that I want to smell like her. Also, as much as I like the smell of it after the first hour I can't say that I cared for it before that. Initially it smelled of(avon again) bug spray. I was brought back to when my grand mother would douse me in it to keep the mosquitos away. So while I find it to be pretty after a while I can't see myself tolerating it long enough on a daily basis to get to that point.

guest_Lovey

I'm currently testing this scent and I have mixed feelings, and that just won't do when as I'm looking to find an everyday scent. It smells of a lovely, sweet rose in the second hour of wear but with that being said I must also say that it brings to mind my great aunt wearing her avon powder perfume. I remember her fondly but I'm not sure that I want to smell like her. Also, as much as I like the smell of it after the first hour I can't say that I cared for it before that. Initially it smelled of(avon again) bug spray. I was brought back to when my grand mother would douse me in it to keep the mosquitos away. So while I find it to be pretty after a while I can't see myself tolerating it long enough on a daily basis to get to that point.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

I really like this fragrance. The sharp opening notes are Very Irresistable! I keep wanting to sniff my arm! Then once it dries down, it's a warm, not too sweet floral, very feminine and sexy. I get the peony but not the rose like a lot of others here. This is long lasting on me (about 4 hours), and had good sillage, not overpowering by any means. But seeing as how some have gotten bad headaches from it, I'll be sure to take it easy at the office.

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

A very pleasant,primarily 'floral' fragrance, like other reviewers have said, i also do not detect any fruity notes,on the contrary i almost consider this a rose 'soliflore' with hints of cassia and peony peeking through every now and again through the dry down.

This scent is suitable for any occasion,perfect for a summers day relaxing and enjoying the weather, or as a fragrant companion for cold wintery nights out, as there is a little something in this scent thats abit 'cheeky and sexy' (wink wink) ;)
I believe many a man would find this an attractive fragrance as it is 100% feminine.

Overall, a fab little floral number with average sillage and longevity. x

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

I LOVE this, especially the dry down--the sent lingers in my clothes, very soft and fresh floral--I do not get any fruit here, just flowers. Gentle, like a garden after rain. I will wear this all summer.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

I love this fragrance, though don't wear it as often as my Chanel. I loved it the moment I picked it up and sniffed it, and always keep a bottle on my dresser.

It's so fresh, sparkling, overwhelmingly feminine, not really fruity to me, with a crisp/green herbal note that perhaps the star anise adds to it to keep it from being overly sweet. And the rose notes are clean and modern, not at all old-fashioned. Not a warm, cozy fragrance, but very lovely. Also very strong and long-lasting on my skin, which I like.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Very Irresistible is one of the greatest parfumes of Gyvenchy along with Ysatis, Organza and Amarige.

These four beauties share in common a strong, seductive and feminine scent.
Ladies who wear these fragrances never and never won't go unnoticed!

When Very irresistible was released caused a great impact, everyone seemed to love this fragrance, i think liv tyler was one of the causes, but the scent is amazing so /Good marketing + Good scent: One of the Greatest Fragrance.

guest_shikin
guest_shikin

just bought it and try it.. price 103 usd.. is it too expensive? because my friends say i can get it cheaper at other store? can anybody comment? i want to buy somewhere else for the next bottle

njdeb
njdeb

Strong lovely floral. Really attracted to this scent right away. The deep pink color of the perfume is perfect. It does smell like a beautiful, radiant, fresh pink flower. I pick up on the peony slightly than more than rose, which I really like. I also detect something raspberry-like which adds a pleasant sharpness in the beginning (sort of like tart raspberry sorbet) . This perfume would brighten my mood any day.

poly1979
poly1979

este perfume es muy femenino dulce con flores y frutas, una mezcla de rosas y frutos rojos, al principio me choca un poco el aroma, pero luego se vuelve hermoso, lo encuentro mas de uso diario que para una ocasion especial.

Sissi
Sissi

A blast of roses caresses your senses
next a scent of delectable purple grapes and peonies dancing though the wind.

the cassia is a unique note contributes
to this fragrances the cassia makes
a powdery feel. a beautiful light ultraviolet bottle makes this a winning
scent.

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

This is a very wearable rose in my opinion. I get what others mean about it being a "synthetic" rose but it doesn't bother me too much. I have the EDT and sillage is pretty good but it doesn't last all day. I suspect the EDP would. I only have a mini bottle and think I would like to try the sensual version if I got a larger bottle.

ElenaLondon
ElenaLondon

I have been ignoring this wonderful fragrance because of its catchy loud name(in my opinion).
My friend kindly introduced me to it. And ....Silly me all these years!!!!
Today is the second day I am wearing "Very Irresistible" and loving it.
At the first spray this perfume comes across as very lush, heavenly sweet, and I would even say opulent . Still there is a presence of citrus notes on top and they promise a twist .

Flowery notes are dominating in general here but anise (I DO feel it) and lemon verbena are turning this fragrance into an amazingly fresh but warm and sensual masterpiece.
I can detect musk and amber (though not listed) in "Very Irresistible".
Lasting power is ENORMOUS on me.

Nal
Nal

It has a refreshing warm floral scent...it is sweet and long lasting..definitely for the young women..

Puma
Puma

It's very fresh, fruity and cheerful. It is created for young girls who enjoy themselves

Malibu

VERY IRRIESISTIBLE is best described as 'pleasant'.

The staying power is very good and the bottle is lovely.

Scent notes: Star anise, peony, cassia, centifolia rose, peony rose, fantasia rose, passion rose, emotion rose, magnolia and verbena leaf.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I've tested a sample of it. It's fresh sour grassy with light peony notes on the background. Not bad, but not for me.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I fell for this fragrance when I smelled this on a trans-sexual individual I see a lot in the goth club scene. I had to know what she was wearing that smelled soo good! She told me it was Very Irresistible and I could not resist buying it asap! Luckily it works on me; I just adore it! It only takes a few sprays: potent stuff but fabulous. I have been very curious as to what this fragrances notes are. ;)

Sugar419
Sugar419

I love this perfume, it has a personality of it's own. Nice sillage, fresh and sparkling fragrance......and men love it. :)

mmizy
mmizy

This is a pretty fragrance. The notes blend well together and I do agree that it smells expensive. Its smells like a warm rose with sweetness in the background. The anise makes it interesting and different from the everyday florals that bombard the shelves in the department stores. A good idea for a gift also. I like it alot.

Nicole79
Nicole79

My sister had this few years ago and she used to wear it every day, even when she went to the fitness and she always recived compliments about how good she smelled fom the guys ....lol...they were always around her.......

This wasn't one of her favorite fragrances, but seems that the the men love this perfume a lot;)
My mother had it too ( a gift from my father) and she used to recive compliments also....IMO, yes it's a good fragrance, nice, suites a lot of woman:young or less,it is not pretentious, works every day ! A must try ! Perfect as a gift also !

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is quite unusual for one reason, and that reason is...ANISE! It's very apparent in this perfume and not many perfumes have it as a strong element. It's got a bit o spice from the cassia which overall makes it a spicy floral that's drenched in Anise. It's kinda...how can I put it..."Red" smelling. Yes...it's a floral but that Anise is just kind of stomping on everything else. This is with my chemistry anyway, it may be different for you. :) I think that "Absolutely Irresistible is a far superior scent, gorgeous!!

miszliz
miszliz

you can only wear this if you are a woman with confidence, with character.
wearing it makes you unique and strong, its such an elegant fragrance.
doesnt fit on teens in my opinion

c3c
c3c

This is a nice fragrance though not my style. Very floral and pleasant with a rose overtone.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Actually this one i had twice!Its not often i make a re-buy of a scent because i get easy tired of them.I had it first when it arrived and got it again in 07,i bought it again after smelling it on a woman on the street.It reminded me of that gourgeous sweet rose scent i once had.It is a creamy floral with very good staying power.I must say the name suits the scent very good.There is something clean smelling to it also.No i am planing to try out the sensual irresistible version who many clamis to be even better!Think how good that one must be then!

RouenFr
RouenFr

I love this and wish I had more than just a sample. I could pick up on the peony right away but it was light and fresh. This scent reminds me of the last time I was in France.

Rouu

I highly recommend this fragrance... i've just got it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.. PERFECT day or night.. sweet clean fresh and u feel like atrobical frute :) wearing it makes me .. UNIQUE ;)

Alara
Alara

How peculiar. I've been taking turns testing Very Irresistible, Very Irresistible Sensual and Very Irresistible Bulgarian Rose in the last few days.
Bulgarian Rose is magical, long lasting and I believe it was based on this version but much deeper, far more intoxicating, long lasting and spicier.
The Sensual version is softer, more seductive, truly more sensual but the classic... Very Irresistible smells just like plain generic perfume on me. Not a sign of the loveliness described by others. It doesn't transform into anything memorable.
I apologize to all the admirers, the fragrance is long lasting, but on my skin it's average, somewhat boring and doesn't take my senses to far away magical places as her sister fragrances do.

mandi
mandi

i find that the staying power of this scent is good, it's a lovely inviting perfume. i felt very confident whenever i wore this perfume.

jimenaargentina
jimenaargentina

I just love this perfume!!

guest_Ro
guest_Ro

I absolutely adore this perfume. I tried to on a few years ago and never thought about it. Then, I tried it on again a few days back and some of it got on my hairtie (it was around my wrist). The scent obviously wore off on me, but it remained on my hairtie. Now, I can't stop smelling it. It reminded me of baby powder at first, but I don't mind that, because it ends up smelling VERY IRRESISTIBLE.

I'm surprised by how many people dislike this scent. In my opinion, it's lovely.

It's rosy without being strong, too mature or predictable. The roses in Very Irresistible are soft, pretty and feminine.

The scent actually opens with the roses and powdery softness of the other florals. Strange, because with most fruity florals, the citrus and fruits are most dominant in the top notes.

This fragrance eventually softens and transcends into the heart of this scent where some fruits, possibly orange, are present.

I like the sublteness of the overall scent. It's comforting and pretty, making it wonderful for wear in Spring and Summer when you don't want anything too strong or too overpowering.

I actually applaud Givenchy for taking a risk with this scent and producing something that appeals to a different age group. Previously Givenchy had created Amarige and Organza, (just to name a few), which are lovely but just not suitable for the younger consumers. Very Irresistible, on the other hand, is perfect for them, and has now since spawned many different versions, including Absolutely Irresistible.

I highly recommend this fragrance as a scent which will appeal to floral lovers as this perfume is more flowery than fruity. It's lasting power is good and it's guaranteed never to offend.

xlola101
xlola101

I was given this as a Christmas present and it didn't really hit off with me.I found it overpowering and far too musky for me-I thought it would be better off on someone older so I gave it to my mum:P

TashaRose
TashaRose

I received a small tester of this EDP from a local department store for testing recently. After wearing it for four consecutive days, this is what I've found:

The rose in this is very strong. It starts off potent (in my boyfriend's words: "That smell is assaulting me") but in dries into something lovely.

Even after it dries though, there's a hint of a weird powdery smell that is too artificial to me. My sister also mentioned that she noticed that same strange smell, unprompted.

The strange thing is, even with these complaints about the perfume, I like it. It's lasting scent is rather pretty and is slowly growing on me. I wouldn't pay for it, but would wear it occasionally if I received it as a gift.

I've been put back from this for a while on the basis taht I don't like VIP as testimonials. Then I happened to try Very Irresistible Sensual EdP and fell in love! I like that one so much but it's LE. The regular one is just very beautiful but it lacks that creamy depth of the Sensual. It's a very fresh fragrance, yet quite elgant and it smells like dozen of fresh cut roses with a good amount of star anise. Maybe too much of it. Like in the special harvest star anise kills somehow the whole composition. Else the rose in V.I. is very fresh but doesn't have that oily edge that you find in real EO.
I don't think that Very Irresistible is cloying at all. Actually it's fresh and bearable even in hot weather. Well, there the star anise helps. I'm currently wearing it in this hot season at the office (air conditioning ON!) and find it very adequate, feminine and not overpowering. Other Givenchy's scents are real bombs! I wouldn't wear Organza or Amarige out of events and/or cold weather! I need to say that also those scents give their best on warm weather, especially spring, as they bloom in all their facets, still they are heavy, intoxicating and distracting. Very Irresitible is a much easier take on ultra-feminine scents I like to wear. Still the Sensual EdP version is better.

Casi
Casi

Although there are other notes listed for this fragrance, I smell ROSES. Clean, fresh, beautifully-bloomed roses! That is NOT an easy feat to achieve. I have always wished to discover a scent that could capture the TRUE essence of roses. Nine times out of ten, (Givenchy Very Irresistible being the delightful exception), I find that any rose-scented fragrance smells so overbearingly synthetic, "old" and just plain wretched. Oh, but not with this beautiful juice! Very Irresistible is a fresh, uplifting floral. The only sweetness found is in the roses, just as it should be. I appreciate this fragrance and although it isn't quite unique enough to become a signature scent for me, it's simplicity makes Very Irresistible fantastic as an every day scent. It is perfect as a go-to perfume, simple yet never boring. For those that find this EDT as nice as I, I implore you to test Very Irresistible Sensual Eau de Parfum. The EDP has the same beauty, but with that added "kick," (patchouli)--absolutely DIVINE.

veg.princess
veg.princess

one of my all time favorites! my boyfriend always comments on how great i smell when i wear it. i feel sexy wearing it

guest_Liv
guest_Liv

i think this is a classy one, my favourite!
the only perfume i think is better is "Very Irresistible Sensual" so...:P

micutzadezy
micutzadezy

i didn't resist it's temptation when i first smell it in a shop.i'm not very much into pink perfumes but this it's perfect for a romantic date or just when you wanna feel more feminine

sweet_escape
sweet_escape

i recieved a sample of this, and i don't think i will finish it. My first impression of this was WOW (not in a good way). I was not prepared for the sharpness of the rose. The anise, however, does mellow it out a bit upon drydown, and spice it up some. It just wasn't for me...on the other hand i would definitely buy it for my step-mom, this is more her kinda scent.

Anna_C
Anna_C

Very Resistible actually. After I tried this on I experienced nasal suicide - followed shortly by the lull of a migraine. This one is not for me - way too strong and floral and definately NOT for the office, Ladies! (if u want to remain frends with the co-workers that is). Regardless, even I have admit that it is has quite nice qualities and altho strong, it is definately not cheap smelling. Very feminine and long lasting. But buy with caution, the migraine I suffered almost brought me to tears.

Eros
Eros

I agree with "Russian" here: "...It doesn't remind of passion or seduction to me,only confidence."
But it is not boring. Strong and long lasting, but not boring.

Russian
Russian

It is a very unuasual scent.It's elegant,but with a new conception of elegance.
Maybe it's strange,but only the rose reach to my nose.
It doesn't remind of passion or seduction to me,only confidence.
I wouldn't wear it,it's too strong and boring.

kayka
kayka

this perfume is for a real woman :))

very nice, elegant, unusual fragrance!!

try it! :)

guest_Amarilla
guest_Amarilla

Am a huge fan of Givenchy fragrances.
Very Irresistible is one of my favourites and all of its versions.
Not a sweet rose smelling scent, rather freshly chic and uplifting.

barbiot35
barbiot35

This is just a rose fragrance and it's very similar to Paul Smith Woman. It smells only rose and nothing else.

gozgoz
gozgoz

On my skin it smells more oriental than floral/fruity! But I like to wear it instead of my older perfume Joop!Femme. Because I think if there were a lighter version (for example: eau d'joop femme), it should be exactly a scent like Very Irresistible!

marie08
marie08

Smells a little like baby powder but in a good way. Nice rose scent and the star anise makes it spicy.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I smelled this on a customer at work & I actually liked it.I wasn't expecting it to be a fresh scent like it was.I work in a spa & for a minute I thought it might have been an essential oil from a massage they had had but it wasn't.I did smell rose but it wasn't heavy rose.
All in all it was nice & fresh & I had to walk past her more then once while sniffing the air

imey
imey

a very flowery and sharp scents, but after a while, this smell is softer and as a rose fans, i love this fragrance the rose scents is fabulous and modern, very feminine but not out of date

ruxxy
ruxxy

very resistible, i might say...

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

I LOVE love LOVE this scent!
its soo amazing i want to get the big jar of cream they have at macys. i love liv tyler too <3

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

I loved the fruity-floral opening at first but then the drydown was too rosy and too casual to impress me. Nevertheless, I find it wearable and modern.

PR
PR

I agree with 'casual'. Can't imagine how it could offend someone, but people sometimes are unpredictable with their reactions. About unpredictable: it smelled very fruity to me, the very idea of the rose even haven't crossed my mind when I tried this scent. And now reading comments and looking at the notes I think it had to scream just 'big','big rose' right into the face. Well...
For me it is nice, but not very interesting scent, slightly too common or i'm starting to suspect that I'm not a fan of floral fruity..

strange, why there's no fruits on display?

andreapaz2008
andreapaz2008

is chic, very modern and casual.
you feel pretty and beauty

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

This was in 2007 in the news:

A Calgary transit rider says she was kicked off a city bus twice because the drivers complained about her perfume.

But Natalie Kuhn says she doesn't believe her Very Irrésistible by Givenchy was the real issue, arguing she was publicly humiliated because Calgary's transit staff are in the midst of a work-to-rule campaign.

"It's just a little too coincidental that I've been riding the bus without incident for five years and the first day of work-to-rule is when all this fuss happens."

Deb Angus, who works as an assistant at the University of Calgary (a campus that has a Scent-Free Awareness Program), said she sides with the bus driver because perfume causes pain across her head and whole left side.

"It's very difficult to work once I am under the influence of perfume," she said.

"These chemicals are affecting everything from our blood pressure, our nervous system, our lungs and our eyes and our major organs."

Angus said she wouldn't be surprised if a bus driver suffered in silence for a while before approaching Kuhn about the problem.

"That's the common thing with a lot of sufferers because this is a hard subject to bring up to people."

I don't know how the perfume smells, but I guess it was just the smell of ANY perfume that caused the pain of the passenger.

vestigial
vestigial

Pretty rosy. Stays on for a good time. Quite wearable, but without the admiring screams. For me it's too sweet to have around

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This is a great rose scent. I do not yet own it, but I have tested it a number of times, and it is something I would consider buying. It's very feminine and remains fresh, rather than heavy. Sensual and long-lasting as well.

K_Virtue
K_Virtue

I Luv It! I picked this one out of 4 others I was willing to buy and I must say that I didn't leave the shop disappointed. It really heightens the sense of smell. The only thing that I wish 4 this scent is for it to last more than 3-4 hours. After a long day, the scent seems 2 fade over time.....

essija
essija

Love this stuff. Will purchase this again. It's like being in love with yourself all over again. true love is what your getting with this... Screams floral bouquet, and I love it. I'm going to buy the biggest bottle, also screams class, that bus driver must be retarded

dovey

it's sweet just wished if the anise wasn't that strong......it disturbes me alot!!!!!

Malegria
Malegria

I am still musing on Very Irresistible - to be or not to be? Somehow the one is always in search of a perfect rose, and this one just may be it.
Which one of Irresistibles has a licorice note to it?If this - I don`t feel it here at all!

dina
dina

Light floral fragrance, very suitable for morning, afternoon but not for everning or special occasions.
Beautiful and smells expensive.

aspida
aspida

Moi liubim aromat,bih si hupila i drugia na Givenchy ,ako imam vyzmojnost,obojavam aromata na rozi!!!

Lisa
Lisa

The firt time I tryied it, it like so much, I used to wear it at work and received many compliments, but out side of the office, the weather in my location y very hot and dry and the perfum start tiring me and get a different sensation. I didn´t like to wear it no more.

Luciana
Luciana

Es muy floral, es suave pero el nombre de Very Irresistible es para el nombre nada más. porque no es una fragancia que se distinga, que llame la atención. No dura por mucho tiempo, es linda y punto.

marina_lil
marina_lil

On my skin it smells like a soap foam. Nothning special at all. I also can't smell roses in this.

ct1980
ct1980

wasn't terribly fond of it at first but it's grown on me and I find myself wearing it a bit more lately

nezzabel
nezzabel

it's pretty but i don't find it irresistible at all

F_A
F_A

It's one of those perfumes that causes me a terrible migrena...i love the rose and anise scent it has, but some note in this fragrance gets really bad on my skin...

tenten
tenten

This perfume is ideal for work, not particularly one of my favourite scents but every single time i wear it ppl ask about it, all throughout the day. It's actually my mother's but since I get so many compliments i'm gonna get it.

LORENA
LORENA

I don´t know, it´s a good perfume, but on my skin it smells similar to acqua di gio.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

THE BEST !!
I already have a half-full bottle of it & I think I want to keep buying more , for fear of it might discontinue oneday or something.. I can't get enough of it !
I LOVE IT!!

dianachif
dianachif

My brother made me a surprise giving this perfume as gift for my birthday. At the beggining I didn't liked it, but now I am a little bit addicted to it. :):)

balinese_frangipani
balinese_frangipani

when I wear this,everything seems to be so lovely n nice,...It will fresh up your body, clear ur mind, relaxing ur soul..LOVE IT!

lovelylavender

@noor jehan: the rose is not heavy but not light, either. I love roses, but I love roses in Stella Sheer better.

dovey

it starts nice and sweet untill it dries down to the anise flower(reminded me of herbal tea I used to drink as a child when I'm sick) so it made me feel sick :)

lovelylavender

I bought the miniature yesterday without intention at all. I like Liv Tyler and I don't think this perfume represents her at all. It started with flowery - fruity scent. Really sweet that I almost couldn't bear it in the hot tropical climate like Jakarta.
But once it dry down, it turn out to be warm vanilla smell (which I like best). Although I have better experience with J'adore (Dior) and Dior Addict, it's still nice and wearable perfume.
PS: Somehow it remind me of Cartier Delice Fruitee. Hmm...

joylim7109
joylim7109

i have the summer sun version.. not as nice as centifolia roses, but still quite refreshing..

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It isn't very irresistible. My mother also owns this. The rose is too strong. It's more headache than anything.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

i am courious...is this rose heavy, like...let's say bulgarian rose can be, or it is light and fresh like a fresh rose?

elgab89
elgab89

For the rose fans. I looooove this scent! It starts very light, and the dry is beautiful. You can really smell the rose in this one.

2007

Very Irresistible by Givenchy 3.75 out of 5 based on 1816 ratings and 257 user reviews

Very Irresistible Sample by Givenchy, .04 oz Vial sample for Women
VERY IRRESISTIBLE FRESH ATTITUDE for MEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE FRESH ATTITUDE for MEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE ELECTRIC ROSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE ELECTRIC ROSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE FRESH ATTITUDE for MEN by Givenchy SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ SHOWER GEL 2.5 OZ
FragranceShop.com
Very Irresistible Electric Rose by Givenchy TESTER for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
Very Irresistible L'Intense by Givenchy for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Very Irresistible L'Intense by Givenchy for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
FragranceShop.com
Very Irresistible Electric Rose by Givenchy for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
Very Irresistible Electric Rose Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
VERY IRRESISTIBLE ELECTRIC ROSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ TESTER
VERY IRRESISTIBLE ELECTRIC ROSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ TESTER
Deodorant 3.4oz
Very Irresistible Deodorant by Givenchy, 3.4 oz Deodorant Spray for Women
Very Irresistible Deodorant by Givenchy, 3.4 oz Deodorant Spray for Women
Very Irresistible Electric Rose Perfume by Givenchy, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Perfume.com
Very Irresistible Electric Rose Perfume by Givenchy - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
VERY IRRESISTIBLE CROISIERE EDITION for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE CROISIERE EDITION for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Deodorant 3.4oz
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 3.4 oz Deodorant Spray
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 3.4 oz Deodorant Spray
Perfume.com
Very Irresistible Electric Rose Perfume by Givenchy - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Givenchy Very Irresistible Fresh Attitude Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Givenchy Very Irresistible Fresh Attitude Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Very Irresistible by Givenchy for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
Very Irresistible by Givenchy for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
VERY IRRESISTIBLE for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ FREE EDT SPRAY.5 OZ MINI TRAVEL OFFER
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
FragranceShop.com
Very Irresistible L'Intense by Givenchy TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ UNBOXED
Sephora.com, Inc.
Givenchy Very Irresistible Givenchy 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Very Irresistible Givenchy 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
FragranceShop.com
Very Irresistible Poetry of A Winter by Givenchy for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ TESTER
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Very Irresistible Perfume by Givenchy - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Very Irresistible L'Intense by Givenchy for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
Very Irresistible L'Intense by Givenchy for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
Very Irresistible L'intense Perfume by Givenchy, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Perfume.com
Very Irresistible L'intense Perfume by Givenchy - 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE for WOMEN by Givenchy EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Sephora.com, Inc.
Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler For Her
Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler For Her
VERY IRRESISTIBLE for WOMEN by Givenchy EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ FREE BODY LOTION 2.5 OZ POUCH TRAVEL OFFER

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Very Irresistible fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Very Irresistible, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Irresistible by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Irresistible by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.