Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense Givenchy for women

Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense Givenchy for women
dislike

I have it: 469 I had it: 134 I want it: 482 My signature: 19

Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense Givenchy for women Pictures Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense Givenchy for women Pictures Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense Givenchy for women Pictures

Very Irresistible Givenchy L'Intense is more intensive, more dangerous, edgier and more narcotic than the original - absolutely screaming rock and roll! The whole idea fits the new winter 2010/11 Givenchy collection by Ricardo Tisci as well as the general tendencies of the house towards the rock chic fashion elements.

Very Irresistible Givenchy L'Intense is for sexy, charismatic, edgy and full of confidence modern women. The composition developed by IFF perfumers combines the tenderness and strength of musky - floral – chypre character with notes of purple plum, Turkish rose, patchouli and white musk. The fragrant flower bouquet is bestowed with bitterness and strength.

Lovely actress Liv Tyler is once again chosen to be the face of the campaign in order to illustrate the growth and maturation of a girl into a woman. The previous Very Irresistible campaigns, where Liv is also shown, are youthful, fun and full of energy, while the two new black and white posters illustrate a darker and more serious side of women. Liv is dressed in Givenchy ready-to-wear autumn 2010 collection, which includes leather pants and studded bracelets. The campaign was shot by the photographer Jean-Baptiste Mondino.

Very Irresistible Givenchy L'Intense comes in the signature twisted Irresistible line bottle. The bottle is painted in muted shades ranging from black to purple, decorated with silver abstract rose motif that resembles a tattoo. The perfume liquid is pink, radiating enigmatic and inaccessible female aura.

The perfume will be available from March 2011 as 30, 50 and 75 ml EDP. Givenchy also launches a necklace with a pendant where you can put a small bottle of the perfume.

Plum

Rose

Musk Patchouli

Very Irresistible Sensual

Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense Fragrance Reviews

wayway2hotinaz
wayway2hotinaz

This perfume has lasted many days on the sleeve of my sweatshirt, and even lasted through the washer and dryer! I don't hate it, actually like it in moderation as long as it is lightly sprayed (it is all about plums on my skin - and my clothes). Plum-rose right away, sweet roses is what I get. After about 15 minutes it gets powdery on me. Slight powdery and strong plum. Like I said I don't hate it, but I am getting sick of smelling it every time I put my sweatshirt on!

marwa11
marwa11

i am looking forward buying this magnificent master piece perfume , lam totally obsessed about it, specially winter coming it winner perfume in cold weather, describe it in few words magnificent, rich ,sexy, seductive, unique, personality, fit mature and very special woman,
wait for my review ASAP .

Dara813
Dara813

My husband bought this for me by accident. I usually wear the Sensual version but being that the bottles look so similar, he picked this one up by accident...but what a wonderful accident! I actually like this better. It is definitely richer, rounder, and sweeter. It is less damp than Sensual and not as sharp as Sensual or the original. It's really well-blended to the point that I don't feel as though there is a dominant note. The plum, rose, patchouli, and musk all compliment each other nicely. If you enjoy the other versions, but are looking for something a little sweeter and richer, I think you will enjoy this as well.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

This perfume totally drives men crazy, it is as it is called: VERY IRRESISTIBLE.
my husband goes crazy about it, even though it's not my favorite perfume to wear,it's majorely sweet and it's a little overwhelming so be careful with spraying and DO NOT SPRAY BEFORE BED coz it's really that strong.
It's is a unique perfume by its own.

This is nice seductive plum scent. Sexy, dark and mysterious. I like how the notes are all very recognizable.
I find it very enjoyable, great for a date night and also suitable for myself.
My favorite Very Irrestistible so far! This one is really irresistible.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Nice oriental with rose-patchouli-musk combination, sweetness appears later. Very longlasting 8+ hours, a winter perfume which can be used also during spring. Lovely bottle with silver tribal tattoo design. Reminds alot of Euphoria and Play Intense, a quality perfume indeed. Definitely a winner!

willfulmissconduct

How soon did they change the packaging? I just bought 4 new bottles and they were listed as "new packaging." But the batch codes on the box and bottles date back to December 2012. So they changed the box in a year???? Why? They basically sold me a perfume that has been sitting on the shelf for almost two years. I really don't care though, I've never had a fume turn on me and think a lot of those "expiration dates" are bogus. Nothing smells off one bit.

willfulmissconduct

I really like this scent. On my skin, the rose does appear, but it is more of a grapey plum jammy thing going on. I get a slight sweetness with musk undertones. The whole fume gives me the feeling of a very toned down Christian Dior Poison.

I tried this one with big expectations and I was disappointed.
I expected an absolute rose version, more or less like Stella McCartney and its Absolute, but this is not the case.
For the hard times of perfumery we're living on I think this is a very nice intense perfume with an oriental and sultry nature, but not my kind.
While the rest of the Very Irresistible line is very rose-centered, here the attention gets focused on the plum-patchouli combo. Interesting and probably well done, but plum becomes a little musty and less luscious/velvety in all these new scents featuring "plum". I guess this is what they call a "modern chypre". I miss the old one.
Anyway L'Intense is worthy a purchase if your into the type of modern chypre, it's longlasting, "dark" and quite sultry (a clean sultry?)
I tested it in summer and it can be a little cloying, probably better as winter scent.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

Now that what I call a punch ! In a good way, I like it, Smells exactly as the notes above, I will definitely be aware the where and when I'll wear it. Gorgeous fragrance, my skin loves those notes, does not turn too "dirty" on me, it keeps that fresh spice of patchouli, Wearing it, I am in the orients !

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Lovely composition of sweet plum and sensual rose,... it's velvety smooth, soft and creamy even... maybe due to the musk?
The patchouli in this is really nice, not dirty nor earthy, adds a little depth.
Moderate longevity, stays close to the skin but still noticeable for the one who wears it and your significant other when snuggling up together :)
♥♥♥♥

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Very Irresistable L'intense didn't scream 'Rock and Roll' to me - it's a bit too sophisticated for that - but there is a nice edginess to it that keeps it from being boring, possibly the plum.

It's a pretty straight forward dark rose and patchouli scent. That's it, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's sexy, but very versatile as well. It can easily be worn to work with a light hand (one or two sprays max).

It's very, very seductive.

I do need to comment on the bottle though. It's lovely, but I despise the cap. Takes me a full minute to figure out how to make it snap on straight every time I use it.

cristina1988
cristina1988

The most narcotic, addictive, sex in a bottle perfume! Black swan, black widow, the poisonous viper! Yet, she has the power to appear innocent while seducing and fooling any man at her wish. I adore you dangerous L’Intense as you’re only to be worn by those who can handle you!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This reminds me a lot of my Narcissco Rodriguez for Her....rose, patchouli, sexy.
Sexy. Sexy. Sexy.
It smells "hot" & "steamy" to me. Literally hot because of the spices and then the fruit and rose take it to a creamy dreamy place that lasts and lasts. I just purchased this on a trip at a duty free shop & I will be wearing and loving this for years to come. It has a timeless factor to it, & "narcotic" quality for sure.
I like the bottle but the cap it hard to situate & snap on correctly (triangular shape), so i do think someone dropped the ball on the total design of the bottle, but what's inside makes up for that for certain.
I don't get the rock and roll references that are made in the description, as this seems far to elegant, soft & classy to me to be painted in that light. A bit pricey for Givenchy's House line, but this is so well done & the intensity of the obviously high quality oils which are perfectly blended make me feel like I'm smelling a Tom Ford or Guerlain masterpiece...my nose is simply delighted beyond belief.
Besitos! xo

chillalot
chillalot

I smelled this in the store last year and added it to my wish list. I ordered it online about a month ago...It smelled medicinal or metallic even..I thought that maybe I had received an old bottle or bad batch...I've sprayed it a couple of of times and that weirdness has dissipated. I went to Sephora to smell their's and it smells the same as mine.
Maybe it'll grow on me..so sad because I really loved the memory of this scent but the reality is a very smokey hot rose...not sure about this one.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

Love This!! Similar to the original but stronger and a little sharper. I don't really get much of the patchouli. Wore this yesterday afternoon and by the time we went out to dinner, I couldn't smell it much anymore but my husband and my friend both told me I smelled nice. Very addicting!!

ivyheel
ivyheel

Wonderful scent, very rich plum with a dark rose and patchouli following. It envelops the wearer in a warm and enticing veil. The thing I found shocking about the fragrance is that it really really really really really reminded me of Dior Dune in the opening and somewhat in the drydown. That was an unexpected surprise. I suppose if Dune has a rose flanker (and thank goodnes it doesn't?!), it would be Very Irresistible L'intense.

kay0981
kay0981

L'Intense is my favourite of the Very Irresistible line! It's much darker and sexier than any of its antecedents. This chypre floral is daring and mysterious, but at the same time – it's quite warm and comforting; which makes it a perfect choice for colder days (however, it is versatile enough to be worn all year round). The composition, although quite linear, is rich and complex in its simplicity. It's a seductive blend of ripe plums and delicate rose, strengthened with earthy accords of patchouli.

The tattoo-style design and the gorgeous, dark glass bottle match the scent perfectly. Sillage and longevity is incredible, but be careful not to overspray it. Also, I agree that there are some similarities between this and Calvin Klein's Euphoria, however, I find L'Intense much lighter, fruitier, and in general, a lot more wearable. Definitely worth the price :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

If black velvet had a smell it would smell like Very Irresistible L'intense. I found it very comforting and creamy. In the drydown regular version is trying to show up but the whole scent stays somehow more fluffy and cuddly. Perfect for colder days.

Arielrose
Arielrose

This perfume is really beautiful! I love the original Very Irresistible, which I started wearing when it was released. I also love the Sensual version and have worn that a good bit. It's very true what other reviews say here - the Very Irresistible perfumes overall get me more compliments on scent than any others I own.

The Intense version is really delicious and I find it 'sweeter' than the others. The original is more vibrant and uplifting in tone. The Sensual has a creamy earthiness, but the Intense has a luscious sweetness. The first thing that hits me when I spray it, is the rose and combined with the plum, it gives the rose a fruity quality. But this isn't a tangy, candy fruit note - it's a lush, ripe one that reminds me of autumn. There is a slight scent of honey to me as well, which makes it even more alluring.

So far, I think this might be my favorite of the Irresistibles - especially for autumn and winter.
This doesn't make me think dark, rock n' roll or gothic at all - it's warm, sensual and romantic all the way :)

Jama4
Jama4

Heaven in a bottle!!

This is what I imagine Heaven smells like. I don't find it dark or gothic. The perfume so well blended that I can't identify the individual notes.

Initial Spriz: natual (musky), powdery, spicy
2 hr later: musky, floral, spicy
10 hrs later: musky, spicy
12 hrs later: still has some silage

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: no too strong
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Timing: fall & winter anytime / spring & summer evenings
Projection: 4 feet + initially
Longevity: 12hrs (no need for reapplication)
Price: about $ 49.99 at Winners for 50 ml
Packaging: 9/10 The flower on the side is unique.

Will I Repurchase: yes

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

I owe the start of my obsession with fragrances to the original Very Irresistible by Givenchy and am so happy to now own the L’intense version! It definitely has a dark sexy vibe! Fresh Turkish rose, sweet plum undertones, with deep patchouli, and subtle musk. It makes me think of black leather pencil skirts, very sexy chic! Something a classy, professional, sophisticated bad girl would wear! I absolutely love L’intense!

polkadot27
polkadot27

It has the same feel as Alien maybe its the dark plum note, it is definitely an intense and broody like scent with that sense of fun and excitement mixed together. I'd say it was Balmy and gourmand with a sweetness and spiciness piercing through. It is for a confident woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it, this fragrance doesn't bother building up any charm seduction or passion, it's intense in the sense from the first spray till the last spray you get what you bargained for no subtleties. I think of a provocative woman who dresses to embrace her sexuality without caring of stereotypes, i imagine lace & leather, sweat & liquor, bars & basements.

chinna
chinna

only slightly more spicy than the first Very Irresistible

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Very nice! Like others have mentioned, this is fairly linear. I wouldn't say however that this detracts from the fragrance. L'Intense isn't a journey scent, and that's ok. It delivers what it promises, and does so quite well. The scent is dark, heady, slightly pungent even, but sweet as well. Silage and longevity are quite good. Not something to wear every day, but well done nonetheless, and definitely a keeper.

I get a whole lot of plum over a linear rose with some patchouli adding a slight "dirtiness" but not enough to balance the sweet fruity factor (for my taste). This is not a sugar plum it's a heavy plum wine.. very concentrated. If that's your sort of thing this stuff has pretty impressive sillage, on par with Mugler's fragrances.

jessbug
jessbug

I like it, but it's one of those scents I don't wear two days in a row. It's like sometimes I need a fix, but then I can go without for weeks (sometimes months!) at a time. It has a sort of sharpness that reminds me of Alien; another perfume that I like in SERIOUS moderation.

When I was a teenager, I wore Very Irresistible EDP almost non-stop for nearly a year... I can't imagine doing that with this version of VI, but I'm not sure if that's the perfume itself or if my nose just changed with age.

I love this perfume when I'm in the mood for it, so I give it a 3.8/5.

harikaevre
harikaevre

classy, sexy and feminine but somehow still remains innocent.you must try!

Too smokey /musty for me, I just didn't enjoy wearing it, although I think of all the VI flankers this is one of the most interesting. It is strongly built around rose, musky , intense dark rose. So I think for rose lovers this deserves to be tried , just didn't do it for me.
Givenchy has so many flankers, some are good, some are nothing great.

Juliana6

It's like a good wine- you can't pour it and right after drink it in no time. It must develop, it must breathe.
I discovered, I could enjoy it only after 15-20 minutes after spraying. The opening is a too strong mixture of roses and patchouli, but just wait... Be patient... Let this perfume "wake up" like a good wine. After 20 minutes it becomes an intoxicating scent of the night. I like to softly caress my wrist with the tip of my nose and inhale this scent, makes me shiver with pleasure. I would wear it for a mysterious rendez-vous with the Phantom of the Opera ( well, if it's G. Butler...)in his cave... sensual, elegant, strong but still soft...whisper... temptation...
Music of the night. Point of no return.

RoRoSe

I am surprised from people who are talking about the weak sillage & longevity !
This is a high quality scent with a great lasting power & sillage ..
simple yet complex .. when the beauty of the scent comes through its simplicity that means it will touch the heart and impress you quickly..

The idea is so simple: sugared plum & roses bouquet tied tight with the patchouli & musk ribbons :) so pleasant & CLASSY DELICIOUS

To me this smells so expensive & its the intense version of (irresistible sensual) not (very irresistible .. the original) ..

reasonable for winter/fall nights ..

cocodust
cocodust

I have reviewed this a couple of times in the stores to see if it could work for me given all the excellent reviews.

Unfortunately, I just find it okay but don't get the smoky depth others have found. There is initially quite a soapy rose which I just didn't love. Disappointing for me. :(

smellME
smellME

I usually dont like a typical chypre, but if this is Chypre ,
I love it !
Plum as a starter is very ,very sexy ! The rose is dusty and dark and the drydown with musk and patch almost creating a deep dark choclate note together is lovely to wear ! At that stage the perfume reminds me of the wonderful SJP Covet.
Its amazing of the house Givenchy to create this much ,by 4 notes...
I really do like it, thanks for my fresh decant , laetitiap !

rosecityfriend
rosecityfriend

Was given a small sample bottle of this where I could dab on a couple drops, and couldn't stop sniffing my wrist -- absolutely lovely, and truly very irresistable! Plummy, rosy, musky, and very, very sexy! It last a long time (I still have some in the sample bottle.) So I went looking for it in Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc. and couldn't find it. I finally found a tester in Ultra, but was shocked when I sprayed it on my wrist. It was unbearable. Hard to describe, but it smelled HARSH, like hairspray more than perfume. I hoped it would settle down, but I had to wash it off when I got home. Now my question is, which is the real Very Irresistable L'Intense? I'm nervous about spending big bucks to order it online to get the version that smells like hairspray!

RedLady
RedLady

Very beautiful.
Purchased this today, had this on one wrist and Versace's Crystal Noir on the other.

Went for L'Intense, due to its lovely dark yet fruity sharpness. You get a bit of a shock when you first smell it, it almost takes your head off but it settles down quickly and then when you can really notice the rose.
Very feminine, but edgy and sultry. Perfect for a dark, smoky rock club ; )

dina
dina

Almost identical to "Very Irresistible Sensual" with additional strong plum note that makes it less agreeable than Sensual. My least favorite from the line.
Update:
While drying down it smells strikingly similar to CD Dune.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Rose and patchouli; basically, a very strong floral chypre.
Normally, I enjoy patchouli and don't mind floral scents, especially rose. But unfortunately, I dislike this one, because it is too strong. almost harsh and almost headache inducing. It also seems like a very heavy, "grown-up" scent to me. I prefer the original version.

Update: the dry-down is much nicer actually, almost like it: fresh patchouli, sweet almost fruity rose. But the first couple hours of this scent were not very pleasant.

dkny27
dkny27

This is a scent with depth, not necessarily time released layers, just deep in the scent from the first whiff. I want to say musky without conjuring up the image of musk cologe, perhaps its the light crispy patchouli... a rosy sweet musk that is very distinct to the Very Irresistible collection.
I prefer this in fall or even winter since it is heavy in scent. Sillage is great, longevity is fabulous, feminine and flirty. It is a wonderful brisk afternoon fragrance that adds some spicy sweetness to you day or night!

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

Dark, sensual, gothic. I am very surprised that there are only four notes listed? I am convinced I can get leather and incense. This is just the best goth sweet incense that I have ever smelt! Near perfection!

There are other dark incense perfumes that I love, but they have less fruity sweetness than this. Normally I don't go a bundle for fruit unless it is fresh, but the plum in this perfume isn't in the slightest candy-like or sickly. It is a ripe, juicy plum surrounded by velvet rose petals and infused with incense, patchouli and leather. OMG I am so in LOVE!

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

This.....is......SEXY! I recently discovered my inner rose-fanatic, and this has quite a hit of rose. The plum is also very apparent and delivers an almost wine-like, juicy hint. And, happily, I DO get a noticeable touch of patchouli in this (my inner rose-fanatic and my inner patchouli-fanatic are close friends). Goes on pretty strong but, at least for me, fades to a shadow of its initial opening quite fast. A full-bodied and enjoyable shadow, yes, but not as strong as I would like it to stay. Everyone around me will just have to forgive me for the near continuous spraying so that I can inhale its lusciousness over and over. It makes me feel like a midnight hippie, haha. Love it!!!

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

I’m not a fan of floral scents and I found this one not very memorable. its nice but nothing special o well On to the next perfume.

angelic4296
angelic4296

So, I've been wearing this perfume for about a year now, and this and Narciso Rodriguez EDT are my two signatures. I keep coming back to this one over and over, and usually I'm a loosey goosey with perfumes ;)...I don't tend to stick to one for long.

Review: Sexy as hell. The plum hits you within the top notes, and once it settles the rose comes out, but NOT in that more common and innocent "I smell like an English garden" way. No, no, this rose SCREAMS sex appeal and rock and roll...very hot. I agree with what someone else said below, the patchouli isn't a standout note, so for those of you non-fans of patchouli (you really either love it or you hate it), this fragrance won't knock you over with that note as it's not super detectable; I also think, as was said, that it was mainly put in to give the fragrance some staying power and sillage, and IT WORKED. This perfume EASILY lasts 7+ hours on my skin; it really goes the distance.

This is the fragrance to knock a man off his feet (and to also really enjoy the smell of YOURSELF). A great perfume for date night or, for that matter, girls night out, as you'll leave any guy you walk by drooling. I've received more compliments from men on THIS perfume than I have on all my other fragrances COMBINED. No joke.

WORTH THE MONEY!!!!

While the first testing I couldn't stop sniffing this fragrance. The plum note smelled not too natural, but very charming. Unfortunately while the all latest testings it started to smell nearly like the chemical anised rose in Very Irresistible Sensual.

Unfortunately, not my cup of tea.

Juliana6

Thank you, fragrantica members, for recommending this fragrance! I wouldn't have found it myself.
I agree, she is a beautiful scent (I use "she" because I really imagine this fragrance as a woman).
At first I smelled all the notes in a big bunch, so I didn't like it. After 20 minutes it became wonderful. Like in the fairy-tale where a frog becomes a beautiful princess (in this case I keep the feminine line). Staying power is great.
Sometimes this perfume reminds me my beloved "Alien" in some way... Like you recognize some notes from one song into another.
Don't judge the scent by the first sniff. Please, give it some time to open her beautiful eyes and smile to you.

Loabud
Loabud

I just tried a sample and the only thing I remember is euphoria CK, is like the euphoria, but less sweet, more powdery, less sexy.
I thought it was an innovation, something amazing, but no. I wouldn't buy.

kristina_kostovska
kristina_kostovska

I am a really woddy oriential type of girl and I must say I bought this perfume last year and I cannot get over how amazing it is! It is so precious to me I only wear it every now and then (if I had a bottomless bottle I would use it daily). Very sexy and very irresitable :)

violetteviridian
violetteviridian

Just tried this one out as a sample. It's lovely. Not sure if I would buy it myself- but I wouldn't turn it down as a gift! The top note of plum is very evident at the beginning but quickly loses potency and gives way to a very strong and fresh watery rose. The patchouli... I can barely detect the slightest whiff of it's usually very powerful and sometimes overwhelming scent. It's pleasant and not at all like a "smokers perfume". I believe it was used more as a very MINOR note to give L'Intense it's staying power and smokey edge. A resurgence of the fruity plum note seems to come at the tale end... it lingers and lasts throughout it's wear. Ultimately L'Intense's dry down is youthful and light. A sweetly smokey fresh rose scent. Spring/Summery and highly wearable. I would imagine that L'Intense works well with most chemistry's as it does not contain any heavily acidic or potent musk notes. Suitable for day wear and early evening. I don't find it sexy enough to rate date or late night wear myself- But then I prefer a more unique scent to merely pretty for more eventful outings or evenings spent indoors (*-^). If you enjoy rose scented perfumes then you can't go wrong with this one.(^-^)

Shwets
Shwets

Tested this today and a very exotic fragrance which i see now how it does well in the heat.

Reminds me of another fragrance....if you like Delicious Night and Midnight Poison then this is worth trying. In fact it reminds me of Midnight Poison with some tuberose thrown in.

Not my type of scent but very pleasant to smell on somebody else.

smellsogood
smellsogood

Plum, rose and patchouli, and very nice too. I would probably have bought a bottle, but I have Natori and this does it so much better than the Givenchy. Natori is the diamond standard and this is a little bit rhinestone in comparison. Still it is a very good fragrance and worth seeking out.........but it's not Natori!

RoRoSe

The sexiest one over The irresistible Givenchy family ..

This is 100% a spicy rose scent plus it's palmy in a delicious way .. So stunning chypre floral ,, concentrated and smells so original as it supposed to be the 1st release instead of being a flanker..

very romantic & naughty at the same time .. I love itttt a lot <3

Excellent sillage & It lasts on the clothes for days ..

Since this is a young & sexy sillage bomb so directly it's on my favorites list ..

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This perfume is my new love....I'm trying it out for the second time and I'm totally sold on this. It's a grown up sexy rose event that is STrong.wow. one squirt and its Herr to stay! Wow. This is givenchys best perfume. It deserves its label. Love. Love. Love. I think the original very irresustable is great for anyone. Just a simple pretty perfume-can see that on any age. This one is mire mature to my nose. I think it is for 35 years old plus...its just strong and the rose is very clear on my skin. It has a serious mature vibe but its still sexy. I think this is truly beautiful. I was going to buy the small bottle but this is worth the big bottle. I can see this on a serious sexy professional woman who either knows what she wants or has what she wants. It's kinda like the lace Camil under a business suit. This is deginately for me since I adore roses. This is gothic. A dark rose that's powerful. When I smell this I see a medieval castle, a dark night with a bright white moon and a fog hitting a drawbridge and red beautiful roses that fill the night air....it smells so dramatic, dark, romantic and far away to me. I love this sooooooo much. Try it out it might be for you. I think it hits those women who are still dreamers...I love this because its year round and its something I can wear to work...and after work that's not boring. You can tell this is expensive. Love it

monica0106
monica0106

really IRRESISTIBLE ^^ sweet in an elegant and adult way.
super long lasting!!
blend in harmony, the scent is translucent,yet intense compare to other "night version" "sexy" titled perfume, this one is marvelous:) not too sweet like girly cheap perfume but it really brings happy mood to me, recognizable, I'm so surprised such simple note constructions bring such complex, balanced scent!
I will give it 12 out of 10
(+2 bonus for super long lasting power and "best exhibition for plum-I'm plum lover, but most of plum note in other fragrance doesn't stand out in such good way;)

MarwaNagaty

so very seductive,very very feminine and so sensual and warm..longlasting...i have it on my skin for 10 hours if wasnt showered. And lasts for 10 days on clothes!!!!! thats a real lond period of time for a perfume to stay on your clothes.
I am delighted to have it. I previously had the VERY IRRESISTIBLLE (original) and have always thought it was too good to be true...and now I have the same feeling...L'Intense is too good to be true ...I'm in love with it

MarwaNagaty

It is so sexy, for women seeking perfection..for sexy, charismatic and strong women..you'll love its smell.. like you cannot stop breathing! you won't wish the breath-in to end in fact!! I love it, I love my mood when I wear it.. I love ME in it

lilka

Today I wore it and went to an office, and everyone there were curious what perfume I was wearing, they said that it was so rich, so impressive, I felt good hearing so many compliments

MEMA82
MEMA82

so soft so fiminine will always be in my waredrop

Very Irresistible L'Intense is a flanker that deserves to be on the shelves. I am rather impressed by Givenchy's flankers actually, I find there's a reason for each and every one of them. The thought of yet another Very Irresistible release rarely makes me cringe, because I trust that I'll enjoy them.

This fragrance is on the darker side of the spectrum. It has rich and musky nuances of rose, plum and patchouli. Quite a sensual blend in fact. There aren't many similarities between this fragrance and the original, apart from the dominant rose note. The rose in Very Irresistible L'Intense is much stronger and in some ways, comes bearing more attitude. Think Midnight Poison by Dior, just less masculine.

I'm a huge fan of patchouli and red roses, so naturally this is a fragrance that appeals to me. However some may find this scent rather off-putting and perhaps even a little too bold. I personally think Very Irresistible L'Intense is quite a stunning and edgy little fragrance, rough on the outside but warm and fuzzy in the middle.

The sillage is quite strong, so a light application is advised, however the longevity was a little disappointing with the scent lasting no longer than five hours on my skin. I fancied this fragrance as a night-clubbing scent initially, yet I don't know whether it could manage to withstand a night of dancing and cheeky shots.

Nevertheless, Very Irresistible L'Intense is a pleasant fragrance, perfect for a woman that is searching for a mysterious and daring scent to add to her wardrobe. I must add that I like the tattoo style bottle also.

nancinha
nancinha

I wanted to buy myself a new perfume before Christmas to wear around the holidays, so I opted for this one. It mixes perfectly with my skin, warm and alluring... the drydown is the best part! After a few hours is when I really relish in all its glory and finally see its full potential. The sillage is amazing and I was able to prove this the other day when I went to the bank and as soon I walked up to the teller the first thing she said to me was that she loved my perfume... it made my day.

A few weeks earlier I was out with a friend of mine and he asked if I was wearing perfume, I said yes (I was wearing this) and he said... you smell interesting. Interesting??? Hmmm, I thought to myself, is that good or bad?! I wasn't sure!!! :-) Either way, I was able to decipher that comment a few days later when we met each other again for another date and I was wearing my beloved Midnight Poison and he said that I smell good... full of enthusiasm in his voice, and then said... you always smell good. I guess he was referring to L'intense as well!

All opinions from others aside, I love it and I'm glad I purchased it. I normally like chypres in general... so if you're a fan, I suggest you try this. I doubt you will be disappointed :)

Ps. I described Absolutely Irresistible as pure seduction in my review... well, so is this one, it's just as beautiful and probably my *new* favourite!

Kaala687
Kaala687

I don't hate this scent, but I don't care for it. It smelled horrible at first - far too strong for my taste - but as the smell faded after a few hours, I'm starting to like it more. My friend smelled it on me and absolutely loved it. But it just doesn't work on me.

ana_vladu
ana_vladu

Very Irresistible doesn't do anything for me, but L'Intense is an absolutely lovely perfume. You can really smell the sweetness of the plum and I think this is what makes it stand apart. It's also a good perfume for colder weather, fall or winter, without being too overpowering.

I LOVE it!

Smells like a sweeter version of Very Irresistible. Both have a similar drydown, but the Intense version has the sweetness of plum. The patchouli is hardly noticeable. Love this one.

mynerva10
mynerva10

I love this perfume. Long lasting, at six hours, still maintained strong on my skin and I woke up the next day and still continued to feel.
I recognize the super-sweet plum, non-intrusive based on roses.
Perfume refined youth daily, and comfortable to wear. Withstands high summer temperatures!
A unique fragrance, distinctive and super-feminine!

Raisac
Raisac

This perfume is getting so "generic". It's being sold as a default perfume at Macys to any lost guy who comes looking for "some gift for his girlfriend". I guess all ladies are now going to smell like one of the versions of the Givenchy Irresistible. Glad I don't like it - it's too synthetic, annoying and headache-giving for me. Also glad that my husband doesn't go asking Macys ladies what to get for me for Christmas))

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Strong centered plum and a lighter rosy notes. Sweet, lovely, and long lasting but not a WOW for me.

lilka

very attractive, very delicious, very sexy, inoffensive, loved,long lasting, warm, all that I need from a perfume.I love Very Irresistible EDT, Very Irresistible Sensual, very Irresistible Rose Damascena 2007 (all these I had), but as I mentioned before this one is my favourite Irresistible

Kimberlynn
Kimberlynn

I love this scent. I feel sexy when I wear it and people don't mind if I stand to close.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I dont know, I love the EDT, but I dont like this one. Not sure why, too rosy sweet maybe?

Scarlett2709
Scarlett2709

I received a sample of this from a friend and just left in in my bag, not really planning to use it anytime soon. Anyway, out of curiosity this week I thought "What the hell?"

Now, I tend to favour headier perfumes even for daytime and particularly like Hypnotic Poison. I expected VI L'Intense to be light and wishy washy. How wrong I was!!! I am utterly hooked and can't stop sniffing myself. The opening fruity notes drydown to a warm, sexy, woodspice with amazing staying power.

This is definitely a scent if you are, or want to feel, sexy, sassy, confident and womanly.

I was pleasantly surprised by VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE, having been rather underwhelmed by VERY IRRESISTIBLE. It turns out that these already meaningless flanker names mean even less than nothing, since they bear no clear compositional or category relation to the original whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, they do nothing but sow confusion. Who can remember which of the flurry of VERY IRRESISTIBLE flankers they actually liked?

Did I mention that "very irresistible" is like saying "very perfect"? Look, it's either irresistible or it is not. There are no degrees of irresistibility or perfection: something either is or is not. VERY IRRESISTIBLE, a fruity-floral in the same general category as The Body Shop CASSIS ROSE, posed no resistance challenges to this nose whatsoever. But I digress...

Why do I like VI L'INTENSE so much better? The composition is simple, but it works: plum + patchouli + rose + musk. Not too sweet, and dark enough fruit to add some nighttime appeal. I wouldn't necessarily confer the honorific title of chypre upon this creation, but it's certainly not as trivial as most fruity-floral frags. Some people have made allusions to Calvin Klein EUPHORIA in connection with this perfume, but I find EUPHORIA far more woody and spicy (and, frankly, blunt) than VERY IRRESISTIBLE L'INTENSE, which really does seem to me to be a relatively well-constructed and pleasing four-note wonder: plum, patchouli, rose, and musk.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I sprayed this on my way out of Ulta because I already own and love the Sensual version. I thought it would be another copy of that one, only amped up a little. It's very close, but they added some fruit this time and a tad more musk. It smells really good, and while it is different slightly, it maintains the same personality as the Sensual Very Irresistible. I already have a practically full bottle of Sensual, so this will have to wait. I wouldn't mind it as a sample or gift.

WC2queen
WC2queen

I love it! Really beautiful scent, sexy and intense, very modernly opulent, no headache inducing heaviness, the plum lifts the patchouli and musk into a fruity realm of smooth deliciousness, the rose is subtle, good design, the perfect perfume for my rock -chic autumn X

sofababe
sofababe

Sexy, womanly and lasts forever! I applied this morning and went to work, spent all day breathing in the delicious scent of L'Intense and finally had to say goodbye to it when I showered 12 hours later.
The rose and plum combination really is a winner.
There have been a few fragrances calling themselves "..... Intense" recently and they've been a let down, but Givenchy have really come up trumps with this. Absolutely incredible stuff!!

lilka

This one is definitely my favourite Irresistible!!!!!!!

Alesangel
Alesangel

Being a huge Chypre fan and a total perfume whore, I absolutely fell *in love* with this the moment I caught a whiff of a scent card. I've had this for about a month now and every time I've worn this I've literally been stopped in my tracks by BOTH men & women an asked what "incredible" scent I have on. *BINGO* It's very elegant and very sexy but not trampy. Just really perfectly balanced in my opinion. It has a wonderful drydown and on me, one spray is enough to last hours. I'd highly recommend this for us ladies over 30 with a bit of a past. Smelling this perfume, I can't rightly envision a 19 year old pulling it off as well. For those on the fence, I say go ahead and get it. You won't be disappointed that you did. It's well worth the price and the bottle is just as gorgeous as the perfume.

madalinabonea
madalinabonea

I love it!!!

gigiletta
gigiletta

i agree vamy69 smells like euphoria on me.but this one is more classy and i think will be a classic all the time.smoky turkish style roses and musk,a bit heavy but really sexy

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I am not a lover of rose scents , actually I avoid them at all cost, but this is really beautiful, I was very surprised since I don't like any from this line. This is the best one for sure, sexy , classy, interesting , sheer, pleasant, you get the point!

Vamy69
Vamy69

Smells great....sort of reminds me of Calvin Klein "Euphoria" in a way only more subtle.

SimplyGolden
SimplyGolden

Brilliant! By far the best Givenchy.

juanma
juanma

Wow, esto es bastante poderoso y misterioso. Huele intenso, algo denso y oscuro pero no desagradable, a mi particularmente me gusta mas que el Very original. Esto se presta mas para salidas nocturnas, formales e invernales, creo que para el verano seria demnasiado pesado igualmenbte huele muy bien. Se sienten perfectas las notas de ciruela, rosa y pachouli que le dan un cierto aire inciensado. Muy buena.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

the best bottle of this line ,strong perfume and rosy type i love it very much ,intensive , feminine ,sexy , really great perfume i fall in love with this scent , i recommend this for especial dates.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I usually do not pay any attention to Givenchy scents but I received a sample of this one. It really impressed me and now I am going to get a bottle of this as soon as possible.
Very nice and dark scent, intense, yes, grown-up in a way. The rose transports a gothic romantic flair but without overdoing it (in my opinion).
Woody and musky, a modern chypre. Nicely done.

sugarbaby
sugarbaby

exellent!!!!

mulan
mulan

Intense fragnance for summer days. It's gorgeous but a little bit strong for these days. When you first spray it is very floral and i supose it is from rose. After a while its drydown is very warm and plesant like the original Irresistible, but in a different modern way. If you're younger or older woman you can smell like confidente woman.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

At first I thought it was delicious, but the scent did not last on me at all, I thought it was going to be very powerful but it is not, my harvest edition 2005 really lasts, this one doesn´t:/

seledin
seledin

Love this one! It's floral, warm and sensual... Very very feminine and sexy.

Bildiko
Bildiko

I really hated the original Very Irresistible, because on my skin the rose gave the fragrance an old-lady-like smell. I tried other versions too, but I didn't like those either, so I was very skeptical about the intense version. But I ended up loving it!!! It is amazing, feminine, intense but not overpowering, truly great! Definitely on my list.

While I thought the beginning is interesting (warm, rich , a little gourmand) the drydown was horrible and very benzoic.

Les parfumes de l'orient
Les parfumes de l'orient

Very Irresistable L'intense is absolutely a very nice perfume, with an elegant presence. I have been looking for a distinctive perfume that I will not get bored after a few days so I immediately bought a bottle. After using over the weekend, I recognized that contrary to its name its intensity and longevity do not satisfy me. After one hour, it is all gone and I have to reapply. However, it may work differently with your chemistry. Although it is more of a night perfume, during spring and fall it can be used daily to complement your pencil skirt and high heels.

Tenuba
Tenuba

This fragrance is not as strong as absolutely irresistible and is more powerful and charming than very irresistible. I really like very irresistible but this is better. The sweetness is just right and you can wear it in summer without any doubt. I just can't stop smelling my wrists. The longetivity is very good as well. I can smell it after 10 hours (!). It is modern, soft yet powerful and sexy. I just love it :D

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

don't let the name of this one fool you - "l'intense". this perfume is so and so. although it resembles to the original very irresistible, to my nose is closer to absolutely irresistible. the rose is the most present scent in this perfume and to me that is a big minus. also, the staying power is not so great. as a total, the perfume is good but not great.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

So, if original Very Irresistible is too overwhelming and specific for you - try this one. A light rosy day scent, it could be the same as many floral day scents, but it keeps the Givenchy's original style. I can hardly feel the plum there, but I feel a hint of carrots. Lasting power is good. It's not overpowering, but you notice it all the time it lasts. Will be good for different age categories.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Tried this today and I`m in love!

I`m not a huge fan of the original, but like the Sensual version a bit more.
This is sensual, mysterious, dark rose with hint of sweetness and some incency creaminess. (I`m sorry if my words aren`t English!)
For the first couple of hours I can smell it lingering around me. Than it gets a bit lighter but still noticeable now, about 5h after spraying once.
I think there is some rock&roll here! Just more like glamrock!

maatgirl
maatgirl

I have been wearing this almost exclusively since I got it about a month ago, and I love it. The balance of plum and rose in the topnotes is captivating, and the heartnotes and drydown of rose, incense and patchouli keep it beautiful and interesting until the scent fades away. The bottle is really gorgeous; the smoked glass with the chrome flower-tattoo motif is really tasteful and hip without being overdone. The fragrance even reminds me a little of my longed-for Portrait of a Lady, but L'Intense is lighter and the fruit is more pronounced.

My one complaint about this fragrance is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, and there don't appear to be any more products in the line (lotion, bath gel, etc.) Overall, though, this is a very versatile fragrance...light enough for a spring day but sensual enough to spark the interest of someone special. Here's to this flanker sticking around for a long while!

mandashell
mandashell

This is so freaking GORGEOUS! Very Irresistible Givenchy L'Intense is superior to the others in the series but not nearly as heavy as the Sensual. It's smooth, creamy, perfectly sweetened, deliciously plummy and pleasantly spicy. All I know is that it's damn sexy. LOL! It's also very expensive and a LE but for the quality, lasting power and scent it is well worth it. Have a test strip that has been smelling strong for over 24hrs and I can't get enough of it. My favorite Givenchy to date. So ladies if you are looking for a "Femme Fatale" fragrance that isn't over the top then this may be EXACTLY what you are looking for. Just try it! :)

Update: Something in the drydown isn't working with my chemistry and is starting to bother me. :( Still think it's great but not working for me. Oh well, that happens sometimes.

lilka

I tested it today and must say that It was so attractive that it's gonna be my next purchase though I still have Very Irresistible Rose damacena 2007. They have much in common but they are different at the same time. It's long lasting, very feminine and it's another masterpiece if my beloved Givenchy perfume house.

Galya
Galya

I CAN DETECT IN THIS PERFUME fresh smell of white part of fennel ,so nice,perfect for summer.Very persistent,unusual,modern and sooooo desirable!

kailea
kailea

I always loved the Irrèsistible line. My first adoult scent was Absolutely Irrèsistible edp, it was my signature for two years (till now). I also had 30 ml bottle of Very Irrèsistible edp, after I spend it I got myself Very Irrèsistible Sensual Velvet edp. And now this one.

About Very Irrèsistible L'Intense edp. It is my new signature. You can smell similarity to other parfumes in line, but this is quite new and special and so strong.
At first you can smell a strong scent of plum, and after that it is beautiful rose and my favorit patchouli, I smell musk too but not so much. If you like other in Irrèsistible line you will love this one.

delphine67
delphine67

sweet prune and a note that smells a bit minty to my nose. The rose and patchouly gives the scent a dark edge to it. I like this one more then the other irresistibles

NiteAngel
NiteAngel

I'm no big fan of the Very Irresitible line but I had high hopes on this one (might be the dark bottle that did it..). I was just about as disappointed as I was eager to try it. To put it in the chypre floral category is a mistake in my opinion, it is more a floral woody musk but without the "woody" note. The plum comes out almost sickeningly at the beginning (although I do love gourmand when it is well done), to fade out almost 5 min later and then it is the rose/musk until you get the apparently desired head ache. For those who are touchy with patchouli be reassured, I couldn't get it at all. And don't go for this one instead of CK Euphoria, it is not even close to it. Beautiful bottle, incredible lasting power though... that's all it does for me.

lucifera
lucifera

Ooh yes come to mamma! i missed my very irresitible :-p smells perfect,
VI sensual was my signature last year BUT i don't care for the sensual version anymore

The intense version is just like their first version of VI edt wich i love ( if it only lasted more on me) it seems it's back with killer sillage+lastingpower and calls herself
L'intense

again i couldn't resist :-p

LaPetite
LaPetite

Very sensual and sultry , feminine ,damned sexy , intense indeed , one not to overspray or could easily become tarty , which would be such a shame because it's a very nice scent , only for evening wear imo .
Not sure i would buy it because there's already so many scents that i'd like to buy which are more "priority" , but why not?

antonpan
antonpan

It is done in the style of Very Irresistible line and to my mind very similar to VI Sensual, the difference is not evident for me. A creamy rose that becomes warm and woody in the oriental way.

misscareyann
misscareyann

I recieved a sample of this and I am very impressed. A dark fruity chypre. When it dries down, the floral immerges, and the composition brightens a bit.
It does, however, remind me of Euphoria by Calvin Klein, but slightly brighter and more floral.
Very versatile. This fragrance probably transitions from day to nights out very well.

mjb28
mjb28

This is really intense! The name do justice with its smell! Dangerous, sharper, and addictive than the original. It's really a rock chic perfume! The combination of turkish rose, plum, musk, patchouli notes are amazing. It makes the scent modern, glamourous, feminine, sexy, edgy and mysterious. One spray is long lasting. Magnificent! I love it! So worth it!

secretcrush
secretcrush

This one is very dark, smokey and sexy however light enough 2 wear during the upcoming spring...I really would love a bottle...

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

i have this and its great...worth the steep price..93.00....but..a lil bit is all u need very lasting and this is real perfume and its very sexy! beyonce needs to take notes and her scent is cheap compared to this...who is beyonce??...YOU WONT FIND THIS AT WALGREENS IN A MONTH LIKE HERS! LOL!

aelias
aelias

Really excellent. It is a smoky composite of deep rose and incense...one of the first Givenchy perfumes I think I have to have.

Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense by Givenchy 4.01 out of 5 based on 766 ratings and 108 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Irresistible Givenchy L’Intense by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.