Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

dislike

cinnamon
honey
Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Givenchy for women Pictures

After the 2010 winter editions of fragrances dedicated to snow-covered trees, Givenchy presents two new limited edition fragrances of winter idyll called Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver ("Poetry of a winter perfume") for season 2011. Fragrances Very Irresistible and Ange ou Demon Le Secret are enriched with gourmand notes of the holiday season such as candid orange, cinnamon and gingerbread.

Very Irresistible Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver is a flowery - gourmand scent of a rose dipped in spices and honey.

Top notes: gingerbread, honey and candied orange. Heart: star anise, cinnamon and rose. Base: vanilla.

The bottle sparkles like a new years eve dress in shades of gold and copper. The fragrance is available as 50 ml EDP.

Ginger Orange white honey

Cinnamon Star Anise Rose

Vanille

XS Extreme Girl

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Fragrance Reviews

ecerusen
ecerusen

orange, vanille, and little bit rose
with a small hint of star anise.

as commented below, ange ou demon's winter version fits more at winter collection.

nice smell, fits for everyday usage, but dont expect for more.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I don't mind spicy scents but this is over the top spiced. It's like ginger cookies without sugar. Luckily it's not synthetic and lasts pretty long with medium sillage. I don't get anything sweet here. I was really hoping for honey but it doesn't show. I like it from time to time, absolutely would not use it as everyday winter scent. It's way too complex but still very nice and unique.

Alluring oriental fragrance!

Most of all I feel the orange, ginger, cinnamon, honey and vanilla notes in it.

It smells really warm.

This fragrance is very interesting. But why is it a limited edition?! I agree that it will suit more as a winter fragrance(besides, it could be awesome as a New Year holiday scent, for example), but it smells MUCH MORE BETTER than all chemical smelling basic Very Irresistible editions.

I like this fragrance a lot. It doesn't deserve to be just a limited edition( One of the best by Givenchy.

Aysu
Aysu

"Ange Ou Demon Le Secret Poesie d'un Parfum d'Hiver" perfectly fits the bill and serves the idea of spicy-gourmand winter perfume, warm and sweet, a nice depart from Ange Ou Demon Le Secret.
But, this one is very "Very Irresistible Sensual" as one of the reviewers stated below.
I cannot get spices or candied orange from it, it is still a rose dominant scent with soft vanilla base, and for me it has no similarity to Organza Indecence - or they forgot to add cinnamon to my bottle :-))

Cams
Cams

This is beautiful. There have been so many Very Irresistible flankers that I lost track, but I stumbled into this one over the holidays and fell in love. Feminine, intriguing and deliciously gourmand - the gingerbread comes through for me and I love this kind of creative choice. Definately worth trying and it lasts forever!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I get Very Irresistible Sensual coming through strongly in this one. Spiced rose is the strongest note for me. There is also a cozy, warm gingerbread scent with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla. I don’t find a strong correlation with Organza Indecence because I find this fragrance is still primarily a rose scent (whereas OI is not).

For me, it feels similar enough to my bottle of Very Irresistible Sensual that I won’t be buying it. If I didn't already have VI Sensual, I would probably consider purchasing a bottle. I do think it is a lovely limited edition worth checking out, especially if you like spiced-rose scents or gourmand scents.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Ok , one more Very Irresistible flanker ... Is it just me or am i spending my life saying that ? O_o
Oh no , wait , there is nearly 10 flankers for Very Irresistible ><
Funnily enough , it is very nice , but I don't see the connection with the very (nice) first Very Irresistible btw .
This one is spicy , without beeing agressive (which is often a problem with the spicy notes), it is sweet without beeing disgusting or foody . Very nice, but i'm not dying to get it !

suile
suile

Tried very hard to find this one today in London and its companion, but failed, may have to brave Harrods.

Givenchy are making my head spin nowadays with their naming - eight different flankers with slightly different names for every fragrance - duty free only items, Europe only items, some stores only items. Do they want to sell fragrances or not ?

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

Do I smell a whiff of the good old Organza Indécence in this one? It points into the same direction. Warm, spicy and very well-blended. Opulent, a mixture of sparkle and warmth, rather "sexy", I'd say! For those who love to entice and fascinate - one of the best offerings by Givenchy for a long time.

vertigo
vertigo

Aww, this is GORGEOUS.
Pure heaven for oriental lovers ...
Just look at it! The bottle, the colour of its juice, the ad campaign ... And the smell!

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver is an oriental spicy, I mean it, a real one.

It's sweet from vanilla and honey, hot from cinnamon and ginger, mouthwatering from juicy orange.

Fantastic composition that makes you glow like pure gold, feel warm like in a cashmere scarf, and it lasts and lasts ... Great sillage, radiating around you with your every move ...

I haven't been so impressed with a mainstream fragrance for women for a really long time.

This perfume is magnificent!

Such a pity it's launched as a limited edition - it's nothing like Very Irresistible, and could make a great success on its very own.
Goes to my wishlist, I doubt I'll buy it though ...

~~~~
I must add something: I was a bit unsure about writing that this perfume is for those who miss Organza Indecence ...
But once JHAG pointed this, I have to confirm it!

It DOES bring Orgnaza Indecence to mind.

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver by Givenchy 4.17 out of 5 based on 105 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.