Designers » F-H » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver Givenchy for women

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver Givenchy for women
dislike

The house of Givenchy found a new inspiration in winter season, its magic and the atmosphere that begins with the first snowflake, thus launching new limited editions of fragrances under the common name Poésie d’un Parfum d’Hiver or “Poetry of a winter perfume”. The Poésie d’un Parfum d’Hiver collection reflects the magic of snowy landscapes: light blue sky, trees sprinkled with white captivating glitters, the magic of hot burning fireplaces... This fabulous new limited editions take us on an imaginary journey into the heart of winter.

Very Irresistible Cedre d’Hiver or “winter cedar” includes aromas of snowy woods, vibrant and sensual, with notes of rose, magnolia, cassis, star anise, Atlas cedar, Virginia cedar, amber and incense.

The bottle retains their original basic form, designed like soft pink iceberg with sparkles that shimmer like snow flakes do. Very Irresistible Cedre d’Hiver is available as 50 ml EDP. Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver was launched in 2010.

Rose Magnolia Cassis Star Anise Virginia Cedar Incense Amber Musk

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver Fragrance Reviews

passionata20
passionata20

09. november 2013

THis is a lovely fragrance but it is almost undetectable for my nose!!! How strange is that??!! I have generously sprayed it (5-7times) all over myself and the only time i was able to smell it, when i went indoors after being outside and even then for a short while. Such a shame, because it is a beautiful composition of rose and cedar, moderatly sweet and fresh, thanks to anise. I smell a prominent magnolia note as well.
I guess this is indeed a wintertime fragrance, i mean the cold wintertime fragrance, that´s when it would be most detectable. I know that snow and freezing temperature makes wonders to some fragranes. This might be the case.

P.S. It is a short lived one as well, lasts for couple of hours only, such a pity. :(

loco4moloko
loco4moloko

This perfume is truly a work of art! It has strong woody opening with drydown similar to Very Irresistible Sensual, but longer lasting :). If anyone is searching for this perfume, you can buy it in almost every perfume shop in Lisbon in Portugal :).

Nynke
Nynke

I just bought it, and I think it smells so warm and lovely. It's almost a shame it's summer, because I do think it should be worn in the fall or winter.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

oh wow really it is a lovely scent , elegant , unique , floral ,nice, soft femininity,when i tested it i feel like i am wearing a roses in spring day, or when you smell roses in garden, anyway it nice and amazing scent i Love it .

benizi
benizi

I loved this perfum and I run out of it and I would love to know where can I get it. Thank you

Aroussa
Aroussa

Tested it on my skin yesterday and my impression was, 'Hmmm, smells like the original Irrestistible, and something else... air-freshner for the bathroom!' Must have been the cedar, insense and star anise together that produced this unfortunate olfactory result. Be careful, test it on your skin before buying!

rainydays
rainydays

This would be a lovely addition to any perfume wardrobe for the cooler months of the year! The saleslady asked me what I like, and just for kicks, I threw "spicy gourmand" at her. While this didn't exactly hit the nail on the head, I was pleasantly surprised. It starts out with strong cedar (which I love, but if you don't, than I definitely wouldn't recommend this one). Very woody and dry, but somehow soft and not too masculine. As it dries down, warm, sweet vanilla emerges and takes center stage, but is still tempered with the cedar. This is a comfort scent, to me, as its best.

i like this but its very strong in the beginig

vertigo
vertigo

Magnolia + incense?
I counted for this combination...

But I'm afraid this is going to be a negative review.
Because for the first time in my life I thought I was smelling .vomit. when I met Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver!
I don't like the original, but this flanker is just dismal.
The only note I can separate is the faint artificial rose, the rest is a sour, metallic, piercing accord. Blah.
Fortunately, the scent has poor lasting power and sillage.

Please test Ange ou Demon Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Santal d’Hiver instead!

guest_Catherine
guest_Catherine

My husband never comments on my scents, but I tried this on at Dillards and when I met up with him, the first thing he said was "you smell good". So I bought it! I have the spray card in my purse and everytime I open it, it would catch me with how wonderful it smelled.

danimcneil
danimcneil

Hmmm really really woody! This smells a light like bbw twilight woods to me, but with a triple dose of very dry woods. I don't see any in the notes, but I could swear is is a berry note in the top. A very beautiful scent in my opinion. Im not sure the masses will like it because it is a lot different. This could most definitely be be unisex. There is depth and mystery to this one. I think givenchy did a great job...holiday fragrance indeed!

secretcrush
secretcrush

I smelled this at Macy's yesterday and I have 2 say it honestly is kind of a nice fall/winter fragrance...Reminds me of Organza a lil bit w/ its spicy woody content, just much much softer and alot easier to wear... I sprayed it on my hand and it lasted all day, even after several washings I could still faintly smell it...

Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver by Givenchy 4.04 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.