Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

I have it: 460 I had it: 285 I want it: 291 My signature: 11

nutty
coffee
Very Irresistible for men Givenchy for men Pictures Very Irresistible for men Givenchy for men Pictures

This woody, sensual fragrance for men is full of energy and vitality. This charming fragrance doesn’t go unnoticed, it attract with its originality and with a successful alliance of freshness and classic appeal. A fragrance for a man that gives off his magical aura, becoming totally and completely…irresistible. The main notes are: mint, cedar, grapefruit and egzotic wood. The nose behind its creation is Pierre Wargnye, 2005.

Grapefruit Mint

Sesame Coffee

Virginia Cedar Hazelnut

Rival

Very Irresistible for men Fragrance Reviews

darksome
darksome

Loved the overall impression of this scent. It's comforting, cozy, very creamy and just enough sweet.
The coffee is similar presented like in Play Intense. Unfortunately the mint note ruined the composition for me.

po0ria
po0ria

بوی عالی و خاصی داره... این عطر فوق العاده ست از ترکیباتشم مشخصه: قهوه فندقذ لیمو نعناع.. عالیهههههه

headofstate
headofstate

A classy, well blended, organic and subtle gourmand that offers the wearer a very enjoyable three phase evolution. Very Irresistible starts with a very fresh and cooling, uplifting citrus and minty top that after 10-15 minutes fades into a soft coffee and grapefruit citrus that reminds one of a more sour and subtle Armani Attitude, unfortunately without the gorgeous amalfi lemon but still nice and relaxing. After about an hour the rather soft and extremely well balanced almond accord warms the skin and emits a gourmandish bliss that in combination with the cedar and coffee finds one of those very rare natural organic balances in fragrance that requires no chemical embellishments. A true gem for noses that lean more towards the organic and truly appreciate the skill involved in crafting such a professional and balanced composition. The main complaint here is projection and longevity, but in my many tests I found this rather consistent at 6-10 hours, with better longevity in cooler air. Projection is moderate to soft, but that is generally rather standard in a composition so organic and one should not forget that subtlety is often a weapon in itself that can emit an aura of sophistication. The softer projection is a small price to pay for the better ingredients, craftsmanship and blending. Easy to wear, very hard not to like unless you don't like almonds. Versatile and soft, great for work or evening wear. If you are turned off by more aggressive or sweet gourmands like Rochas Man, Angel Men or Diesel Fuel for Life and require something with a bit less bite but with the same commitment to gourmand etiquette, take a serious look at this one. A well respected modern gentlemen, very nice and pleasant addition to any wardrobe.

Marciu
Marciu

IMO Very Irresistible for men by Givenchy is a very unique fragrance.

The combination of coffe, hazelnuts, mint and citruses is very unusual. It opens up with citrus-mint burst and you might think it's another citrus fresh fragrance good for summer. But after about an hour the drydown comes. And here's where it morphs into a semi-gourmand fragrance. I can feel a lot of coffe with a hint of hazelnuts, but I can swear I feel dark chocolate here too. Reminds me of... Actually it's so original that it reminds me only of itself :D

Longevity is solid - I get good 8 hours. Sillage is moderate.

I've just bought a 50 ml bottle after some time and I see it's harder and harder to find. It means it's discontinued. But I totally don't understand the reason why it is discontinued :(

UPDATE. Longevity is excellent. It easily sits on me 12 hours but rather stays close to skin and is detectable in closer touch (perfect for intimate occasions!).

dda
dda

Beautiful scent when sniffing the bottle or spaying on paper, but i get this awful nutty nutella mix when applying onto my skin. I will advise to apply it onto clothing instead unless wearing it in cool, winter-like environments

markkkkkkkk4444
markkkkkkkk4444

liked it at first, bought it
then regret it :/

Lazaro
Lazaro

One of the most alien-delicious fragrances ever....fantastic mind-bloowing essence so special that you cant stop sniffing everywear....the pyramid ingredients become this perfume one of the best of the a givenchy line....
I been wearing him since i was a kid (13 years) and even traying beauty spike Narciso Rodríguez, Chanel o Prada i always want to have this special friend close to me...
In my close,neck and heart!....

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Sticky grapefruit, fresh mint, spicy woods and sweet hazelnut and coffee tones mix into one rather dark and delectable offering, for true gourmand lovers.

SPRAY DISCREETLY, to avoid it becoming cloying. One spray on the inside of the forearm and one on the chest is enough for the night.

This is a young fragrance, probably best suited to guys under 35 dancing in a club, largely for its pulling power. Yes, girls usually quite like this one. If she's an After Eight fan, she'll eat you up :P

If you're looking for a sweet scent, this is definitely more interesting and sophisticated than Thierry Mugler's "A*Men".

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

in Oriental Woody Group,This is my all time favourite fragrance for men in 2005 ,amazing scent.

laylabedford
laylabedford

this aftershave smells like nannys! it's horrid! hate my bf in it! bblluurreegghh!

brendancollins1238
brendancollins1238

Just bought a 3.3 oz at jewel osco for 40 bucks!!!!

juanma

This fragrance is hard to find in the shops now. Anyone know if it's discontinued?

ses101
ses101

To me, this smells like what you would expect a pleasant shower wash to smell like. And, like most shower washes, the smell becomes less pleasant the more you smell it. Nice, but I'm sure there must be other EDTs that smell similar for a smaller outlay.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Picked this up today. Wow this is a beauty.Yes it smells like chocolate mint when it goes on, but the payday is in the woody nutty dry down. Very nice. i just wish it lasted more than 5 hrs on me.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

perfume de chocolate...a mocha é a nota principal, o interessante é que a hortelã refresca a fragancia ,facilitando o uso e deixando-a agradavel e aconchegante...as mulheres curtem e eu adoro que elas curtam.

vonzigdarke
vonzigdarke

A towering cannon of Happy in the Panties!

This is what I wanted out of Burberry London when I bought it last year. Turn down the woody notes of Chanel Allure and YSL La Nuit and throw in Andes Mint garnished with hazelnut. That being said, I cannot mark the icons to say they remind me of either-very vague.
(Note: I had slathered myself in moisturizer before applying.)
Everything I thought a gourmand should be from descriptions. I sprayed this in Sephora and got-count 'em-3 compliments from ladies walking around within 15 minutes. That is a first.
This would be a refined gentleman's mix top shelf Candyopolis if such a thing existed. A suave daddy that gets led behind the counter to an exclusive closet for exotic confections not for the general public. Do I sound conceited? Yes! This monster isn't bakery and tobacco shop style gourmand, nor is it a youngster's Willy Wonka.
Never waved a Givenchy flag after blind buying IMO the horribly synthetic couldn't pass for a Glade room freshener Pi.
Nothing like this one.
I would say any age on this one.
Haven't tried it in winter, but it's working fine here in 120 degree Oklahoma dessert.
Surely cougar bait sprayed by an edible lion.

jessbug
jessbug

I found a small tester spray of this in a box full of my old stuff. I love when that happens! When old me was like 'meh!' when new me is totally intrigued.

I LOVE the opening spray of this scent. It smells like roasted nuts and a few coffee beans, and it's a fresh kind of sweet, with just a hint of dark musk. If it stayed like that for even 30 minutes I very well may have scoured the internet for a bottle.

Unfortunately, this turns overly masculine on my skin within two minutes, with that harsh aftershave note that dominates so many 'for men' perfumes. The mint note to me is more of a feeling than a recognizable scent; it's not like smelling chewing gum, it's more like that feeling when I breathe in when it's cold outside.

Half an hour later it develops further into not-wearable-for-me territory with this spicy burning note that reminds me of the 'fire herbs' my dad always throws on the barbeque to make it smell awesome. I love that scent like I love the scent of peanuts: really nice to smell, not so much to smell of. I guess it's my skin chemistry that doesn't work that well with this perfume.

If I find this in store I think I'll get it for my dad, I think it would smell good on him.

Ups925
Ups925

A friend of mine wore this and it always smelled great. I got a bottle of this but it didnt jive well with my skin chemistry. Came off as very potent and overly masculine. Reminds me of both an unshaven guy out in the sun, or something to wear on a formal night out. This fragrance isnt my cup of tea, but its nice nonetheless.

Smyle12
Smyle12

This scent is deep and dark. It smells like a York Peppermint Patty, a Junior Mint, an After Eight Mint, or whichever chocolate-mint candy you are most familiar with. It is deep, dark, and rich with just the slightest hint of hazelnut and some light woods to balance everything out and add intrigue. It is however VERY synthetic and there is something about it that just doesn't sit right with me. This fragrance has so much potential, but there is something harsh, and off-putting about it. It really starts to bother me after a few moments and I've never received a compliment from it. I don't really get any "coffee" accord from this, although I never do in fragrances because I drink so much of it every day! To me, VI also has this strange "green apple" accord as well, but it's may just be the colour of the juice and my nose playing tricks on me. Conversely, I almost never eat green apples, however. Regardless, this is such a dark scent that I would only want to don on the very coldest of winter days (or nights). This fragrance is the yang to the yin of a "Sport" fragrance, if you know what I mean. If you live in a colder climate, enjoy gourmands, or are simply on the prowl for a winter fragrance, you might consider this chocolate-mint confection, however, the harsh bitterness that comes with it may completely turn you off as it does me. Discontinued for a reason.

Overall 6/10

gd15329
gd15329

This one is very good, not something I'm gonna buy probably though - I think it's not my style. But it's very fresh and pleasant Hazelnut in this one is very well blended while in Guerlain Habit Rouge L`Eau I didn't like it.

I have to admit I only took a "glance" smell on this one, so for a better review on this one check out Kostas_Minimal

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

leecher88
leecher88

Pure Havane is similar to Givenchy Very Irresistible for men. Because GVI has from the start to the end a srong cherryvibe like PH.
But i do prefer Pure Havane

If you can not afford PH try/buy Givenchy Very Irresistible

patxaran
patxaran

How I was looking forward to test this.... The notes seemed perfect, a first dab on a piece of paper, the whiff from the tester, all good. Then I dabbed it on my skin and the desaster started. Having said that, the first minute or so was still great, I had the same feeling like when testing L'Instant pour Homme Extreme - citrus fresh sharpnes with a gourmand background that avoids sweetness just like a 99% percent cocoa chocolate. When sniffing really closely I can detect the hazelnut. Oh well, I so wish this didn't happen but after just a few minutes the mint and citrus seem to form a nasty bond with the sesame which to my nose translates into a stale greasy skin odour, with a little big of wet dog thrown in for good measure. I am sure this won't happen to everyone, but please do test on your skin before deciding to get a bottle of this interesting fragrance.

LJUBsify
LJUBsify

The cologne person in the bathroom at the bar sprayed a cologne on me last night, and so I left the bathroom. So I walked around for about 30 seconds and suddenly realized that I smelled frikkin awesome. So I ran back to the bathroom and asked what it was and sure enough...this was it. Its got that "can't get enough of this smell" ability and smelled incredible on me. I was about 12 drinks deep so I don't remember how long this lasted or anything, but either way, I'll probably buy this to add to my collection.

Endymion
Endymion

Has anyone noticed that this is getting out of production slowly?
You can hardly find it on the shelves of perfume stores and is getting rare even at online retail stores.
Is it possible the Very Irresistible for men is discontinued?

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Very Irresistible, a true gentleman gourmand.
Elegant and understated, but very well designed, light touch opens with intense notes of grapefruit and mint, that the tone of green and fresh fragrance. This phase lasts seconds and already enters the intense touch of coffee, which brings us back to cocoa, chocolate mixed with notable touches of sesame.
The base comes with hazelnuts which enhanced the tone more gourmand touch woody by cedar, the fragrance dries, making a woody gourmand green, unique and beautiful!

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

For me, one of the most beautiful sweet perfume, I purposefully said sweet, because generally it is said, means the sweet perfume (not always), and the gourmet, which is not the case here.Fragrance opens with an explicit and 'wonderfully warm and ultra strong and very linear, and so is more or less, all of these time.Frankly notes, almost do not feel anything, except cedar, which does not come into play from the styrax, which is the course taken slightly with the addition of brown, I would ambergris that gives it, as I have said wonderful warmth slight premium quality incense and the fragrance gives a great touch of elegance that you simply enticed to put cologne over and over again, is there for over and over again, the story of this fragrance cease to be great, but shows, so I'm free to say defect, and it only. For me, the fragrance feels about an hour and a half, now whether it's me or the perfume, I do not know, I would say that prior to the perfume, shame, shame, unfortunately! So if there is a flaw in this fragrance, it is a projection-longevity I can not figure out this masterpiece, there is no longer life but what to do, this is really a classic perfume, that is no can fully be a classic because of the relatively short persistence, just that it was done and it would was that he would become a must-read, us perfume lovers sweet perfumes, this one is very good perfume, but who knows, given that numerous reincarnations of old fashion perfume block buster's, who knows, maybe a remake of Givenchy perfume becomes and iconic fragrance, we'll see, anything is possible!

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

I gave this to my husband Christmas of 2012.
I have to ask ... does anyone else get a hint of clorine bleach with this ? It seems to make an appearance every now and then when he wears it.
It`s not just on him, it also smells like this with a male co-woker ,I can smell it when he is wearing it and he is near me.
It reminds me of the smell after one cleans with Ajax, or similar abrasive cleanser with bleach.
Am I crazy? :P
Otherwise for the most part ( when the bleach doesn`t peek, or peak for that matter ) it a deep woodsy sexy fresh.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Blind bought it after some opinions here in fragrantica and had this delivered today.
Well this perfume on uniqueness and packaging takes a 10.Bottle is the best ive seen and the scent is totally different and unique from other frags ive tried...
The opening reminds me of a glass of chamomille drink with fresh grass inside.Then the drydown is more woody and sweet but the freshness remains...
I bought this frag cause i thought it was a gourmand...Well it isnt.Its more freshy and green and like 5% is gourmand...I wont say i was dissapointed cause it smells kinda dark and semi sweet.i like the fact that this frag made me love the "fresh green" genre which i hate...Sometimes though it reminds me of air fresheners...
The title here is totally misleading cause i cant imagine a green fresh frag being "Very Iressistible".And also i see a similarity with xeryus rouge at the drydown.
Projection here is great for the first hour and then calms and stays deep under skin.
Longetivity is great for now.Its been 8 hours and still smelling it...
Overall im happy with my buy cause it got me to like a very hated genre.
The only bad is that i cant really smell cofee and hazelnuts.They are there but the freshness outpowers those notes...
Overall score 7/10

jtappenden
jtappenden

Another fine men's fragrance from Givenchy.Very relaxing.Ideal for leisure wear.Top quality & unique.

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

it's a high end long lasting scent with a great smell

vergil_s
vergil_s

این جز اولین عطر های درست حسابی منه!
عاشق بوشم!
من رو یاد خاطراتم میندازه.
یه عطر گرم و خوش بو که خوش بختانه سر درد نگرفتم باهاش.
اولش با یه بوی تند نعنا و یکم شاداب باز میشه بدشم بوی قهوه و فندق میان جلو با یه بوی چوبی مانند.
خیلی باحاله این بو.
موندگاریه عطر خیلی زیاد نیست اما من عاشق این عطرم.

Kain
Kain

This is semi fresh and really pleasant fragrance, good choice for spring and fall. specially spring! works like a magic.
It does have a really nice fresh scent by citrus notes and some sweet coffee scent as a back bone of the fragrance.
The opening is fresh and a little sweet citrus and mint combo scent mixed with light but beautiful hazelnut aroma. the woodsy notes are exist but they are in the background.
I don't know about you guys, but the opening smell almost like hair shampoo to my nose!!! but a very good smell and quality shampoo!
As time goes by, the fresh notes settled down and you have a sweet (not too sweet) coffee scent with very light and transparent woodsy and fresh notes in the background.
Really nice and pleasant smell.
Both projection and longevity is average on my skin.
يه عطر خيلي خوشبو با بوي نسبتا شاداب كه گزينه خوبيه براي بهار و پاييز. خصوصا تو بهار عاليه
بوي اوليه اين عطر تركيب شاداب مركبات هست به همراه مقداري نعناء كه بوي خيلي ملايمي از فندق به همراه كمي رايحه هاي شيرين اونو همراهي ميكنن
مقدار كمي هم رايحه چوب ميشه حس كرد اما خيلي ضعيف
رايتش نميدونم چرا اما بوي اوليه اين عطر منو ياد بوي شامپو ميندازه!! منتها يه شامپوي خيلي خوشبو با حس انرژي بخش
به مرور رايحه هاي شاداب و مركباتي شروع به محو شدن ميكنن و بوي عطر شيرين تر ميشه و شما ميتونين بوي قهوه رو حس كنين با مقدار كمي رايحه چوب
بوي قهوه كاملا مشخصه اما خيلي قوي و شيرين نيست. به خاطر همينه كه ميگم براي بهار و پاييز مناسبه چون براي سرماي زمستون زيادي ضعيفه و براي گرماي تابستون قويه و ممكنه اذيتتون كنه
پخش بو و ماندگاري متوسطي داره اما بوي خيلي خوب و لذت بخشي داره

jonnyboy81
jonnyboy81

Simply love this stuff. One of my favorite colognes. I love the blast of grapefruit and mocha in the beginning. Then it becomes a sweet, nutty like smell. Perfect for cold weather days. This stuff will warm you up. Scent kinda reminds me of a cafe shop that sells freshly baked pastries.

amine
amine

It's a nice scent which is loved by girls. It reminds me the scent of a minty nutty chocolate with a hint of grapefruit.
Longevity : 6/10
Projection : 2/10
Scent : 7/10

alessio l
alessio l

Perfect fragrance hot and fresh at the same time.
Really classy and younique.
(i hope that Givenchy will not discontinue this )

This is too sweet.

neo009

This scent is a natural aromatic ( minty grabefruity , little gourmand in the background , but when first applied it makes u think as it is too gourmand , but after 5-10 min. u get wat i describe).
A little bit sweet , sillage and longetivity
is moderate.
The colour of the juice reflects its scent perfectly.
I think that it is soft cologne and unique.

nerner
nerner

i love this :D

magno
magno

I feel the strong smell of hazelnut in the beginning, then it gets softer and mixes with the Mint. weak projection. I like it anyway

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

Chocolate Mint Bomb! I love this frag, the notes are synthetc but have a great result. First mint notes and sweet chocolate... in the drydown chocolate, coffe and hazelnut in the skin. Avarage projection and longevity, but more sprays for a workout it's great. Locked places, be carefull!

Jordanose
Jordanose

Some citrus.

Then the impact of a chocolate scented marker. A little mint. 'hazelnuts'.

The balance is good. especially with the mint dosage. Definately not toothpaste.

The overall effect of this is that it comes off as cheap. You've all smelled this cheap chocolate thing somewhere else (chocolate lotion, candles etc.)

It would make a better flavor for some sort of sugar free, fat free hard candy.

Most of the budget went into the bottle.

dromidreza
dromidreza

من بوی این عطر رو خیلی دوست دارم.ماندگاری خوبی نداره

benjiboy360
benjiboy360

When I first applied this cologne I got an immediate wave of grapefruit! Too me it smelled like sweet gummie worms. After about five minutes, the grapefruit became very subtle and then out came the mint, moss and coffee. Though I smelt the mint most when i pulled my nose away from my skin. It was more of an after smell. After about ten to twenty minutes out comes the HAZELNUT! This part of the cologne is spectacular I smell a lot of hazel nut with a hint of coffee in the back and an after smell of mint! Later on in the scent though, the grapefruit comes back and blends this scent perfectly. Its as if eating hazelnuts while drinking coffee in a mint garden on top of the roof of a paris apartment building during night time as it rains drops of grapefruit. Very sweet silky and romantic, but also flourishes with sex apeal. This scent is by far one of my favorites.

Scent- 9/10

Projection- 7/10

Sillage- 5/10

Longevity- 6/10

Muzoona
Muzoona

i feel there is smell of chocolate in it.. but i surprised that its not included in the notes.

micrtin
micrtin

Amazing fragrance, one of my new favorites. well balanced to me and I don`t find it too sweet. This is actually the second Givenchy I own, the other being Play Intense and they are both kind of similar but this on I consider a more everyday use.
Am I the only one who finds it somewhat similar to CK Euphoria Intense?

Perfumemall
Perfumemall

Its really attractive,sensual and playful fragrance.It has very clear and strong notes of hazelnut that make it my choice and unique among so many other perfumes.

luckylilac6
luckylilac6

This is my all time favourite fragrance for men.
Aromatic (green) notes, and chocolate. Shouldnt really work, but it does!

Linden
Linden

Very unusual yes, very irresistible, debatable... Interesting scent, definitely caught my attention, but the notes seem to blend poorly and contradict each other. The sharp minty citrus opening doesn't transition well into the coffee producing a not so pleasant heavy/dense acrid accord midway. Tried it several times just to convince myself, each time received bad feedback.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Very sensual and playful at the same time. Drydown smells like hazelnut chocolate. I do not get the mint note. This is woody gourmand. The hazelnut note dominates this cologne and it is a very natural smelling hazelnut. Very masculine and quite unique. Givenchy stopped producing this I have heard which is a shame really.

Although if applied too much it can get cloying, the sillage is not great. I would say average. Longevity is around 6-7 hours. Gourmand lovers will like this. Highly recommended.

Castor
Castor

Sometimes I have the feeling perfumists are composing scents the same way children play with Lego blocks: GA opens with cocoa but in the mid notes it morphs into Ricci's Memoire D´Homme top notes, a very curious smell that is quite difficult to disect, however described as licorice thanks to the manufacturer, due to the fact it is listed in Ricci's pyramid.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like to sound like an old fogey, but this smells awfully unnatural. If you are into contempory perfumery (synthetic, a by-product of the industry's efforts to replicate the smell of everything, from burgers to candy, shrieking loud or sillage-wise scents), this will hit the spot.

If you are repelled by this approach, don't even waste your time, look somewhere else.

Redpula
Redpula

i simply love it! initial spray on me is bitter cacao and if cacao is not present in this perfume, i would say it smell like michael by michael kors.
this is an afternoon to night fragrance with a mysterious masculine scent in the heart. the dry down is kinda dirty but sensual. i think women would love smelling this in a romantic, passionate, cuddling night. i love its color and bottle, just like a green minty dark chocolate toblerone.
men who are refined, quiet but sensual, kinda snob and mysterious should wear this.
projection is strong during initial spray, an exquisite pleasure in dark chocolate. average projection during heart and dry down. longevity is nice. 5 hours on my skin. still i never try it in clothes yet.
Blind buy worth? If you are a man who is snob but sensual, observant yet exuding with mysterious charm then this is for you.

Update:
Last night 6pm, I sprayed this perfume along with Ultrared and Desir, I observed their longevity.
9 hours later, Rochas Desir scent is close to my skin. I can barely smell. That is fine already for me.
10 hours later Givenchy Very Irresistible and Paco Rabanne Ultrared are still there, close to my skin too but not too faint.
Now I can attest that I owned quality perfumes. That Givenchy V.I. has a great scent and longevity. The dry down scent captures a hint of Thierry Mugler's Womanity...

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

For the first minutes, I found it truly terrible: almost sickeningly sweet caramel and overbearing, almost pungent hazelnut - as if someone had shoved a cheap, artificially flavored candy bar up my nose.

After a while, it somewhat mellowed, to a degree that smelling it from great distance, I found it tolerable and could even imagine why someone who is into very sweet gourmand scents (I'm not) could find it pleasant. Smelling it up close, I still found it pretty awful.

This just isn't my kind of perfume at all.

Heverton
Heverton

Very Irresistible opens up with a dry chocolate smell (it's almost impossible that this note is note present in the pyramid) combined with a creamy hazelnut/citric combo.

After about 10 minutes, the mint kicks in leaving the fragrance with this hazelnut chocolate mixed with the characteristic herbal aroma of mint. If the drydown was all about this combination until the end this would be an ok fragrance but no...

after a couple hours the fragrance completely chances to a very strange semi-sweet aspect. It seems that they forgot a bar of chocolate opened for a long time and it just got bad. Pass this one, there are much better fragrances in this price range.

RhysP
RhysP

I really like this; this is fragrance where its not just woodsy or green notes (they are certainly there) but its mixed with chocolate/mocha. Certainly goes with any situation.

Lasts well; smells awesome. I gave a friend 2 sachets of this I got from my magazine and managed to identify the two occasions he wore it. I would like to say its a unique smell as I do like it a lot but I also happened to stumble across L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme.

This is a much weaker though similar smell to the Guerlain EDP; slight differences; swings and slides etc, personally I tend to go for the Guerlain.

Either way a lovely scent

editionblanche
editionblanche

yummy, sexy and beautiful,
As a good brazilian i'm also a cacao lover, mainly its bitter aspects, and this perfume is a bomb of bitter and sour chocolate, just like the cocoa nuts smell. So seductive.
i'm looking forward to trying l'instant de guerlain
hope longevity is better than givenchy's!
for all brazilians, cacao lovers and brazilian lovers, try this!
smellers kneels upon its deliciousness!
Women hypnotizer.....

tavinver
tavinver

The WOmen loves the chocolate, and this fragance smells like a big and delicious bar of mint chocolate, but in the notes don't mention the cocoa, fantastic aroma, very Givenchy

freedweed
freedweed

I tested this today and to me it was a conflicting clash of notes. Chocolate against Mint against Cedar battling it out. It does seem to settle down and meld together but by then I had made my mind up that I didn't care for that. Which was my first impression. It's not a bad EDT. It's just not what I'm really looking for. On a positive note I got a good deal on two cool little .13OZ. mini splash bottles on ebay for $8.77 plus free s/h from Vardisk if your interested.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Why is there no chocolate/cocoa note pictured at the top of this page?

I believe it's cocoa I smell, or could better noses be telling me it's hazlenut?

It is on the synthetic side but it is great and for choco lovers it has to be a nice aroma to take in while it's there. It projects, decent life-span and of course gourmanish-I think the ladies love it.

Givenchy tends to be above average on the whole designer/brand scent charts so you should end up happy with your purchase if it is a blind one.

I think it is an all around type of scent, not too dressy or too "dressed down" and the ladies at the office should love it.

Cheers!

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I had this one and I was really happy, if it wasnt for the weak sillage and longevity, I have to say I tend to usually ask too much from the fragrances of today concerning that area, so for some people it might be enough I dont know, but besides that its some nice sweet woody gourmand fragrance, I would also wear it in colder seasons, its more of the chillin fragrances and ladies love that minty chocolatey touch it has to it, like mentioned a hundred times, one is literally perceived to be "food" and boy do the ladies luv it lmao.. some calm, refined, nice fragrance... stays put on the skin and should any female for any reason come too close, lets say wants to wisper somethin in your ear, she might have to live with the consequences of havin nearly eaten U alive... hehe

jcastano
jcastano

This is a true gourmand! No bs about it! No unique or overly irrelevant notes, no odd opening nor disappointing drydown. It's just exactly the type of fragrance that gourmand lovers dream of. It smells so edible and delicious! Everytime I wear this, I'm told I smell "yummy"! I once had two females tell me that they wanted to eat me up so obviously the compliment factor with this one is through the roof! The sillage is moderate and I get around 5-8 hours longevity give or take. Onto the fragrance:

If I had not known the notes in this fragrance I would have guessed raspberry in the opening. I get a very sweet raspberry mint mocha in the top notes but as it settles, I get a lightly sweetened grapefruit that balances the sweetness and almost gives a light tartness to the fragrance. As it dries down, I get a hazelnut mocha latte over damp woods with citrusy undertones. For what it is, I'd say it's not too complex but it somewhat is. After a few wearings, it just seems to get better and better. I do advise to go easy on the trigger. It can get a bit overwhelming if you overapply so be careful! I'd say it's a wonderful date fragrance and better suitable for the colder months, however, the citrus gives it enough character for the spring and summer wear so I'd say it's perfect all season.

So how does this compare to A*Men? Well, it doesn't, but, if you can't stand the tar opening of A*Men, try this one instead. It's smoother, sweeter, and not as rugged. Basically, it's A*Men without the tar, pachouli, and other harsh notes. Although A*Men is in a league of it's own, this is still worth trying and almost just as good!

perfumemory
perfumemory

One of the very few fragrances I bought several times. My winter favorite. Makes me feel so much better during the depressingly long winter nights, brings warmth and cosiness when the it's freezing cold and nasty outdoors. Thank you Mr. Wargnye.

FLMonteiro
FLMonteiro

Very few frags i'll buy again, this one i'll.

9/10.

inquisitor
inquisitor

I've been using this a couple of days a week for a few months.

Very sweet and unique. Too complex to break down into individual constituents. Imagine how hard green apple candy tastes like and then make it more refined, open and above all natural... then add a bit of freshness, mint, citrus and seamlessly blend in some much darker gourmand notes to this and you're probably in the ballpark. In my humble opinion this could easily pass for unisex though and I would encourage girls to try this too. It has enough complexity and depth to keep you intrigued but personally I would have liked a bit stronger wooden scents to make it unambiguously masculine. The "exotic woods" might be too exotic for me to reliably identify them as wooden scents at all.

This could work very well for some people but you have to consider how the sweetness and gourmand notes fit with your natural scent as well as your personality. It smells awesome on a strip but for the aforementioned reasons you should it on your skin and ask someone later on in the day how they feel about it.

greenhornet
greenhornet

I bought and wore this to work yesterday, and the comments and questions by women were never ending, it definitely smells great and attracts attention.

The bottle is amazing it looks great on my dresser, i can see myself wearing this at a casino and also dressing down for watching the rugby at the stadium with the boys ! what else can you ask for its a " SEXY CHOCOLATE MINTY JUICE " its modern and HOT!

9.5/10

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Start with fruits and chocolat maybe dark chocolat.
Very delicious begining ,the sweetness here not vanilla and tonka feeling it's like from chocolat origin.
Dry down to less fruity more woody feeling but chocolat still there to end.
Sometimes it was sour to me.
It kind a reminded me a little of l'instant guerlain in a younger vibe.
Longevity and projection are both average.

oxm
oxm

Very Irresistible for Men is a scent in some ways revolutionary, as happened to some of Mugler A * men: they are scents that evoke a note gourmand.Very Irresistible is much lighter than the aforementioned, can be seen clearly, among others, hazelnut, grapefruit and a particularly exotic wood scent, could be the same wood that the Indians used it to build their totems, the only way to explain the kind of charisma that seems to invest the first spray.
Seriously this is a cutting-edge products and fragrance unusual but very good I think you can either wear in all seasons.
Fragrance +10
Packing +10
Longevity +9

shannonrenee83
shannonrenee83

My fiance has this and it is a very manly cologne. I love it and find it very attractive, it makes your man smell like he had spent the day in the woods. But in a good way.lol I can smell the moss in it, and I can also catch a note of chocolate which is a great touch to it. It smells really deep and masculine, a little musky. This is a heavy scent so I don't recommend wearing it in the summer, but it is great for colder weather. I would highly recommend this to all you guys out there. It does not smell like the cheap gross scents that are floating around. This cologne is solid.

Dark-X
Dark-X

What A Fragrance!

I couldn't appreciate it from the first sniff though.

An extremely versatile fragrance. It is one of the very few that is very unique yet it suits the time & the situation you wear it in. It "integrates" itself in your personality, thus becoming part of you. Expressing its own personality through yours.

Like I said, I couldn't appreciate this from the first time, so don't expect something magical from the first sniff. Get a vial first if not a whole bottle.
------------------------------

It starts with a lot of hazelnut, for a second I thought I have some chocolate on me. Starting with the very well-known smell of hazzelnut cream, like the one in chocolates, duh! :).

But after 10-15 minutes that sweet smell started to lessen, & along the mint & the woody notes started emerge. Creating a really charming aura.

The grapefruit note is not noticeable. But I think it is there to balance the smell, preventing it from becoming one of those sharp old woody smells.

Such an elegant smell. I found it suitable for all ages. I said it, it is extremely versatile.
----------------------------

I liked this fragrance a lot. But I didn't fall for it from the first spray.

I can't think of similar smells. It was really unique.
Longevity & sillage were pretty good and balanced. You'll get worth your money & maybe more.

scribs
scribs

i absolutely adore this fragrance, it is (in my opinion) a really good DATE fragrance, something sensual and sweet to wear with ur sweetheart the reason being that the projection isn't all that amazing so it is a scent that is best admired from up close. longevity is ok on this one i get from 4-5 hours on my skiing which is a decent amount of time though nothing mind-blowing, the scent itself is unlike any other cologne in my arsenal it is a sweet and woodsy scent i almost get some notes of chocolate out of it, all and all a delicious scent

i give it a 7.5oo10

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Wow! First thought is that it's too heavy and inedible to wear.
Starts with the unmistakable hazelnut accord, but not sweet or creamy, but instead it's a hot, sticky accord reacting with the woods in a way that I wouldn't even want to eat it.
This hazelnut isn't mixing well with the grapefruit nor the cedarwood.
A fragrance that clearly aims to be dangerously unique turns is too successful in that it is dangerously unwearable, in my opinion.
Others obviously had greater encounters than I, as it would have reacted with their skin alot better than with mine.

Kudos and thumbs up for the individuality efforts, and I can really admire that in every sense. But I could not wear it.

Southish
Southish

On me it's last at least 5 hours. So it depends how your skin reacting with the oils of the fragrance. Very classy and rich perfume. I love it very mutch.

Papi
Papi

One of the best fragrances I ever had. It's for confident man. Best for evenings, dates and mainly use it in winter as it's too heavy/strong for summer.

gatsby
gatsby

had it. Good and very sensitive. Love the coffee smell...

megaechofox50
megaechofox50

A very sweet scent but somehow not sickening. It reminds me of going into a candy shop. I smelt something like cinnamon sugar in this one. Definitely some chocolaty notes in there too.

vishnu
vishnu

I like this one very much my wife bought this one for me for the second time.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

Delicious is a Good word to describe this GIVENCHY fragrance.I think this name is seemly PI than this one because i dident find a Very Irresistible scent then i would say it is a Nice scent but with a Misleading Name. Enjoyable,Woody,Sweet,Seductive, Masculine,Warm,Comfortable and Earthy.

The Scent is kind of warm creamy Mixture of something Sweet and something Woodsy.In fact this Oriental fragrance is with a Fresh start due Grapefruit and an Woodsy finish.The dry down for me is really Pleasant in a Cosy&Comfortable way and totally reminds me a Temperate Rainforest.

Anyway This scent is not a big discovery of The GIVENCHY for me because it is not Unique Enough and I prefer Fresh Attitude Than it but This scent is tottaly Cute and Interesting. Ideal for COLD weather and Everyday/Office Use. Perfect for a Short pleasure but Unsuitable to make a Lasting Impression.

Sillage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Below Average on my skin.

6.5/10

guest_August
guest_August

It was real good when just launched. Now they've replaced most natural oils with sythetic and now I avn't just stand it.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

You ever notice your favorite songs don't seem to last long enough to jam to, and the second it ends you're immediately wanting a replay? Such an exotically constructed fragrance should last a lot longer than 3 hours. I did absorb a touch of coffee in there somewhere. With the mint and hazelnut in the mix however, they act as an ensemble and create something divine. Divine with a time limit of course. Patchouli and vanilla in the base for further longevity maybe? The only way to get over the short-life of Very Irresistible, is to fill a pocket sized vial and keep it at your beck and call.

QCYCORNELL
QCYCORNELL

sexy, sweet and clean....
doesnt last long!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

very irresistible is indeed very forgetable by givenchy. it is a nice gourmand fragrance, but nothing extraordinary, and the longevity is also weak. starts with lots of spices then evolves into sweet woody/oriental fragrance, i can definitely smell the notes of coffee and chocolate in the background. not a bad fragrance but i think there are much better fragrances in the market of this genre.
Overall i give it 7 out of 10.

guest_Billy
guest_Billy

It smells clean furniture ... Cinnamon, Lavender, Powder ... It's different.

The first thing I thought of when I tried this fragrance was that it was a masculine version of Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Chocolate is really dominant in Very Irrestible for Men. It's like a gourmand fragrance for men, which is often hard to come by. They do say that bacon is a man's favourite smell, so why don't they produce more foody-smelling scents for men?

I quite like chocolate on a man. In this fragrance it is rich and syrupy. Almost dark in a sense. The hazelnut and mint only add to its deliciousness, however the grapefruit in the opening gives this fragrance a bit of a zesty and fruity feel.

The colour of the bottle tends to confuse me into thinking that I can smell a greeness in this fragrance, however when I sniff more closely I contradict that thought.

The woodsy drydown with the now softened chocolate note is something to die for. I can safely define this fragrance as being very sexy. The lasting power is good, however it could be better. But despite all of that, I think that Very Irresistible is a very irrestible buy.

Veedabestchef

im really impressed with this cologne..one spray youll smell every single notes..exotic woods and hazelnut make a good pair..i smell coffee in it which i dont see on the notes.. and a bit of a minty chocolate on the side..
i love this fragrance

lovescully
lovescully

To me, this almost has the quality of insense before it's burned. Kind of like something you might smell in church. I can also smell the coffee/hazelnut combination. It's a most unusual scent, but I find myself always drawn back to it. Whenever I wear it, I always get asked "what is that delicious smell?" This fragrance will probably always stay on my rotation list for those special times.

juanma

ESTE PERFUME ES MUY INTERESANTE, DESDE LA PRIMERA VEZ QUE LO PROBE ME GUSTO. ES MASCULINO, ELEGANTE, PARA SALIDAS FORMALES, LO SENTI MUY FRANCES, MUY GIVENCHY. SE SIENTEN LAS NOTAS MAS MADERA, DULCES Y EL POMELO, LA NOTA DE MENTA NO SE SIENTE CASI. LO RECOMIENDO ABSOLUTAMENTE.

Veedabestchef

i heard many people say the best fragrance they ever smell..smells like coffee..which i love...and got that vanilla touch and caramel added..

behzad1280
behzad1280

Ok guys. I really impressed by three things about it: The name Very Irresistible, The whole complements in these reviews by describing it as Sexy, and also the opening scent when I tested at store. So I bought it with no doubt and here is my word!

Very Irresistible? I expected by wearing this I will earn a bunch of new girlfriends but nothing happens. Every girl could easily resist it, I swear !!!

Many guys said that they smelled chocolate. My family confirmed this too. But I don’t know why I smell fresh Coffee beans clearly and plainly! Maybe there is something wrong with me.

During first hour I was feeling that I’m having a Turkish double coffee in a fancy coffee shop with a lovely girl. After awhile it turns to mellow woodsy smell and it continued to darkness and faded away slowly.

With all these I have to mention it’s not enough strong to drag attentions (good for wearing at office), and longevity is about average.

Bottom-line it’s very nice but not such remarkable.

p.s. sex taste is so different from person to person, but generally I don’t think this smells Sexy!

وای چقدر مردم برام بادکنک چسبوندن
کلاً زیاد چیز قابل توجهی نبود
بیخودی خیلی ازش تعریف میکنن و به به چه چه میکنن
بوی قهوه و شکلات و این چیزا میده یه خورده

guest_burnt
guest_burnt

delicious scent. i find very irrésistible to have a perfect sillage - not too loud. it's sweet but not cloying. and it lasts for a decent good amount of time on my skin. excellent for romantic evenings. more appropriate for coffee or tea than a dinner, since chocolatey and vanillic scents interfere on how you (and your gal or guy) taste your meal. well, it also works like a charm for the urban sex hunter - that's why it's called very irresistible.

ily_sb
ily_sb

This cologne smells to me a lot like coffee , it's nice but I had to use a lot of it to make it noticeable. Overall nice but not irresistible, in my humble opinion. :)

LenaBel
LenaBel

smells sexy on my boyfriend. One of the best men fragrances I have ever smelled!

guest_Nikolas Zen
guest_Nikolas Zen

very very special, deep in the forest, magical.......

ahmed ehab

@ chris2448 , at first i only liked the top and middle notes of this fragrance , then over time i liked it as a whole and decided to get on for myself which im currently wearing , anyway , maybe something in the dry down just doesnt suit u even though for me the smell is almost the same till the end with minor changes in sweetness and intensity :) hope this helps :)

Sorren
Sorren

SEXY as hell!!! I thought I was the only person who could smell chocolate! Looks like im not.. what better way to get a woman's attention in a man than to add some chocolate notes :)

Talat001
Talat001

This goes down as one of the best, if not the best cologne in my collection. This one is so exotic and sexy. I noticed some people mentioned this could be unisex, but on my skin I totally disagree. This is a very manly woodsy type of scent that has every girl I know trying to guess what I am wearing. The drydown smells exactly like the opening for me, but just a tad more faint. Regardless once I run out, I will buy this again. If your skin does well with a woodsy type of scent I definitely recommend this cologne. Givenchy does a good job of setting people apart from the crowd, this one is a must for any man's collection.

vin570
vin570

Very irresistible, indeed. I don't mind what others say about its opening being a bit feminine. It begins really sweet, but soon it develops to a state with green, coffee and woody notes, besides remnant sweetness. To me it smells almost perfect. Its drydown smells like Azzaro Twin's, which is excellent too. Both are long lasting.

sham_1983
sham_1983

the scent remind when i was in starbucks or cofee shops.. really energy hot ,and green with choco smell and overpowering, last long .defenitely yup yup yup. 7/10

periquito89
periquito89

Maybe my taste is a little gourmand. I like very much coffee, chocolate, though not a big fan of vanilla, as I realize these months. So, I may say I like some kind of sweet scents. But wood and tobacco are also on the list of smells which I enjoy very much: I like the smell of woody boxes, mobile, and so on, and tobacco brings me back memories of my grandfather, in a very good way – I remember when he manually prepared his cigars, and actually I was used to have a half of a cigar next to me when I was reading or doing something to distract me when I was at home, just because the smell of it. And I don’t smoke. This is all to say that citrus and light fragrances, despite being very safe options, including with women, usually look tasteless to me.

This thing here is really very chocolate at the beginning – maybe a little gourmand as “leomat2008” said, and could be dangerous over applying it, specially on the warm days. At this point I can figure why many people think it is annoying. And I read many other bad reviews: too strong, too sweet, feminine and disturbing. Well, I just know that the chocolate smell fades quickly, and which remains is something that is not so clear to me to describe: maybe some citrus mixed with the remains of that chocolate top note, and something else. To tell the truth, I don’t think it is too strong, too sweet, and even less feminine; actually, I saw it as a man sweet scent. The reviewer “Eros” is used to the word “disbalance” in his reviews, and I think it could be well applied here. It is a bit eccentric, which in this case is a good thing. As a cold weather option, I like it all.

Love or hate type indeed.

sex in a bottle !
jus got my 100ml bottle today ! awesooooooooooooooome , the sexiest cologne out there in my opinion , i love it soo much , it gives me the masculin appeal yet with a sensual touch to it . excellent if u wanna charm but not like choke her!! like i said before, givenchy hit it well this time .

setlamai
setlamai

Smells nice . There is something sexy inside . It's a modern smell which you shouldn't bring on too much because it is very noticeble and stays very long . Don't know if i will buy it because it is maybe a littlebit on the more feminine side ( i would say unisex ) and that is not me . However well worth a more then 1 try .

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

one of my favourites, great just awesome, brings back great memories

scenturian

Chocolatey and fruity.
Dark and mysterious.

truely warm and sexy
very intimate and attractive
a guy wearing this will definetly be unique and charming
its greeny like (if u know wat i mean ) and a lil woody and chocolate like and dont let that put u off , its very attractive and sexy !

vdxl
vdxl

Well folks. This is my all time favourite and my endless love. I adore it since it came out. It is a very special green fragrance with no calone or overused ambery-musky notes. It has some notes which others consider foody, well I think maybe of some juicy fruit, but in a good way. I find in timeless and I see myself wearing this at 60 too. I hope Givenchy never discountinues it.

asfa
asfa

so diferente and special its somithing litle frech litle chocolate very nice and unigue

urobian
urobian

mm,. weird smell, something like chocolate-mint with a strange floral spicy touch, i dont undestand it..

eduardomm
eduardomm

an exotic, a mix of green woodsy notes and something sweet, like chocolate.

Every note opens clear and separate. As it dries, it moves into the scent deodorant soap and dries down to gorgeous mocha/grapefruit/mint. Shouldn’t work at all but does. Strange and wonderful, and probably hard to wear for most. I love it, however, and can see it on men or women. (I'm a woman and it works on me.)

glitteralex
glitteralex

I enjoy this as a true gourmand fragrance-not one that masquerades as a perfume, but one that really approximates a Girl Scout Thin Mint (in the top, at least). Middle and Base notes are relatively weak compared to the top, and the whole composition is fairly thin. I need to revisit the base again to really speak intelligently on it.

kurisu
kurisu

I think this one could be label as Unisex.
It's clean,green and coming with a hint of gourmand.(I can smell the chocolate!)
Anyway It doesn't last long.

leomat2008
leomat2008

I don´t know why, but, for me, it seems a little gourmand, a little sweet, maybe for the hazelnuts.
Before I read the composition I think it have may vanilla or caramel...

guest_lorena
guest_lorena

I´m Argentinian , and sometimes I don´t have enough vocabulary to describe things, I think this perfume smells green, I don´t know if you can understand me, it smells like a wet dawn in the middle of a forest. Do you agree?

Very Irresistible for men by Givenchy 3.92 out of 5 based on 573 ratings and 111 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Very Irresistible for men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Very Irresistible for men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Very Irresistible for men by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Very Irresistible for men by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.