Designers » F-H » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Xeryus Rouge Givenchy for men

Xeryus Rouge Givenchy for men
dislike

I have it: 671 I had it: 324 I want it: 453 My signature: 27

Xeryus Rouge Givenchy for men Pictures Xeryus Rouge Givenchy for men Pictures Xeryus Rouge Givenchy for men Pictures

Xeryus ( named after Greek god) in red version became deeper and more sensual. This is the first oriental perfume for men by Givenchy. Top notes are fresh and green thanks to kumquat, cactus and tarragon. The warm perfumed heart is made of cedar needles, red pimento and African pelargonium, which adds a spicy or even hot nuance to the composition. The base is precious and austere: cedar, sandalwood, white musk, grey amber. The perfume was created by Annick Menardo in 1995.

Chinese Orange Tarragon Cactus

Kokorico by Night

Xeryus Rouge Fragrance Reviews

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

A spicy, warm, red berry scent that is very pleasant to my novice nose, and a little more unique and different than a lot of the other scents I was trying out in the department stores. It's not flowery, not girly and it has a spicy edge to it that makes it a very masculine scent. I invested in a 100ml bottle, and am very happy that I did so.

I have an original bottle dated from 1999 as well as a
2011 bottle. There is a huge difference in the drydown of the two.

The original formulation is just GORGEOUS! A musky fruity masculine floral, which lasts forever and this is because of the rich musky tonka bean and sandalwood in the basenotes. The first 1-2 hours its mainly Pimento and cactus with bits of tonka bean peaking here and there. After 1-2 hours, the fragrance's true beauty comes out as the tonka and sandalwood become much more prominent but with the fruity smell of the cactus and pimento still there. Its a very sexy fragrance in its 90s formulation.

The current formulation has no sandalwood and tonka base notes and smells like rotting fruit. Its horrible!! Also the current formulation is very synthetic smelling as oppose to the original formulation which is very natural. I suspect the IFRA regulations adversely affected the formulation of this fragrance.

9/10 for the original

2/10 for the current formulation

brucifer
brucifer

I sampled this today not bad has a particular note that stands out quite a bit to me in the beginning that smelled like cherry to me. Upon inspection here I see there is Pimento in here AKA cherry pepper. In the written description they say there is amber in the base and I do get that in the dry down yet its not listed as a note in the pyramid. This has also lasted a long time on my skin. I will sample this one again.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

اگر دنبال عطر عامه پسندی میگردید که خودتون هم از رایحه اش لذت ببرید این میتونه نیاز شما رو برطرف کنه

عطرای خوشبو و پر انرژی که با قدرت رایحه کاکتوس و فلفل اغاز میشه.بوی کاکتوس یاداور برخی تنقلات کاکتوسی مثل ادامس های کاکتوس هست ولی بسیار خوب نقشش رو بازی کرده در این عطر و طراوت زیادی بهش بخشیده
عطر در ادامه از قدرت روایح اغازین کاسته و و شیرینتر و
میشه که حاصل مشک هست و میشه بوی پرتقال هم توش احساس کرد و همچنین اندکی روایح چوب
در کل عطر خوب و خوشبویی هست
اگر بعضی روزهای گرم تابستون رو در نظر نگیریم میشه گفت چهار فصل هست
شیک با پخش و ماندگاری خوب

پخش بو : 3.5/5
ماندگاری : خوب
ارزش خرید : 7/10

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

I have half a bottle of Givenchy Xeryus Rouge which I bought 3 years ago, based on very positive reviews written here.

I like the fragrance, but I can't say I love it. I expected much more sillage and projection. Probably it doesn't work on my skin. For me, this juice isn't properly a compliments getter. I have received much more compliments even using my $7.00 Cuba Royal.

I'm very curious to know the vintage version of Xeryus Rouge; most people say it's a gorgeous and powerful fragrance.

dindolin
dindolin

very synthetic! batch 2014

@Bigsly

It's a newer one. Was it reformulated? It's been several hours since my first spray and it smells decent now... I just don't know if this is quite my taste. I tend to like "dirty" scents.

@Bunino:

Do you have the original style bottle or one of the newer ones? From my experience, I'd guess it wasn't reformulated very well, if it was. Also, I have found that I can only apply a small amount and that smelling it up close to the skin is a recipe for nausea. However, I have come to really enjoy my vintage bottle!

UPDATE: I've only tried the original style bottle but some seem to think it was reformulated badly. In my experience, I would say that this is exactly the kind of scent one should expect to be reformulated significantly, considering how strong it is (or was). It is borderline "synthetic" too, so a reformulation could push it over the edge, so to speak.

Bunino

I'm honestly shocked with how common this smells. I'm quite upset, really. I expected more. Perhaps just as with Chanel's Egoiste, this particular formula has been ripped off so much that it has itself become another generic scent among many. There's only one distinct note in this somewhat synthetic drydown... I can't tell if it's the pepper or what, but it's slightly unisex (just as all fragrances were originally intended) but this one pushes the feminine bar a little bit more than I wanted as well.

I really had no business sampling this. My favorites are quite different:

1. Nicolai's New York
2. Chanel Antaeus
3. Baldessarini Baldessarini (Hugo)
4. Versace Dreamer
5. Hermes Bel Ami
6. Azzaro Pour Homme
Somewhere in the 10's to 20's... Xeryus Rouge

Felipe Ramone
Felipe Ramone

Excelent cologne. Used only once, at night, and liked it a lot! The pepper in it makes you feel classy, seductive. Projection is nice and longevity is average.

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

I used one bottle of Xeryus Rouge. It was really a powerhouse, sillage and projection monster and compliment getter. No one falsifies you while they are saying that XR is unique. It really is. Between hundred of scents you can pick the smell of Xeryus Rouge. Very charming, inviting and sexy. I used too many scents that is not listed in my list and missed only few of them. Xeryus Rouge is one of them. I'm going to buy it again for winter but there are rumors about the reformulation of the juice. I tried it once again and it was so weak to me. I dont know ,f it was a false perception or rumors are true :(

Bogarde
Bogarde

Xeryus Rouge, the mighty one...
Everyone agrees: XR smells different. Unique smell well blended, amazing combo of geranium, pimento and cactus. One of the best winter scents out there. Another masterpiece made by Annick Menardo(love Body Kouros, Hypnotic Poison and Jaipur).

Feb.2011 batch:

Sillage: heavy
Longevity: about 10 hours

Overall:10/10

badkarma
badkarma

Beautiful... it really does "smell red" if that makes any sense.. beautiful

vserdar
vserdar

Very unique and amazing perfume.But can it be reformulated?

rafaelollero
rafaelollero

Fun, Sexy..with a different Touch.
I really like it.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Wonderfully unique opening. Very enjoyable indeed. Makes you feel both light on your feet and mysteriously intriguing. This is an Oriental, yes - but unlike many, it is also incredibly fresh.

I understand that fragrances (both cheaper and more expensive ones) are composed of both natural and synthetic ingredients to a lesser or greater degree. Though this is a great scent, some might pick up its synthetics more than others and be put off a little, which is a bit of a shame.

The best thing is not to go looking for it by sniffing your wrist up close every minute, but just get on with your day or evening and enjoy the fragrance as a whole. Much more satisfying that way. A very good and unique fragrance that puts so many to shame.

Phényl
Phényl

Everything has already been written regarding this fragrance. It is still distinctive, surprising, a high quality blending, a nice amazement for me. You have to try it on your skin before buying because it may not match with all personalities. Anyway, you must sniff it at least once.

Tout a déjà été écrit sur ce parfum. Il est toujours aussi unique, surprenant, un mélange de grande qualité, une belle découverte pour moi. Il faut le tester sur sa peau avant de l'acheter car il ne convient pas à toutes les personnalités. Quoi qu'il en soit, il faut le sentir au moins une fois.

headofstate
headofstate

Annick Menardo has always been ahead of the curve in regards to creating iconic scents that are both Incredibly unique and at the same time manage to sell and reach the audience with commercial success that expands the palette of perfumery as the masses follow in her footsteps. A major reason for her success and uniqueness is that Menardo comes from a scientific academic background, not a fashion one, and dares to experiment with odd combinations based on chemical composition rather than assumed aesthetics. Meaning convention in the pejorative sense, is thrown out the window for something altogether more fundamental; the manufacture of chemicals from their atomically most basic core ingredients, ground-up.
Xeryus Rouge was one of her first highly lauded successes. It's extremely synthetic, so be warned if you have a sensitive sinus cavity. The cactus, geranium and tarragon can sometimes be harsh in tandem with some wearers and require some gritty survival instincts in the heart stage of its evolution to survive.
The top smells like a Mexico City pulqueria (A type of bar in Mexico that serves the standard Aztec alcoholic drink, based fundamentally on cactus juice), with a fermented cactus juice smell that is fruity, slightly creamy and very green herbal all at once. The citrus is there, creating a refreshing and sourness that balances the harsher elements of the cactus. The geranium and tarragon quickly join in and create a higher-pitched lightness that cools down the warming cactus and creates a little bit of a cooling sensation on the skin.
The heart welcomes the spicy and warm pimiento into the mix, pressing against the high-pitched geranium and rootsy cactus and citrus and settles into a rather attractive dry-down that is mostly the heart notes combined with soft woods and a bit of musk to lower the initial intensity of the scent.
Be patient with this one. The first few wears are a bit awkward because of its very mature and highly concentrated complexity. There's a lot here to explore and every wear reveals a bit more of Xeryus Rouge's subtle yet sophisticated nature. This one is a real landmark original that changed the game completely for modern orientals through its chemical approach, leaving the packaging simple and letting the juice do the talking. The other was Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, but more for its loud packaging and flashy boldness of scent.
If you are younger you may not like this at first and you shouldn't buy this blind, give it a sample first and see how it performs on your skin. This one is more a gift from Menardo to the mature and sophisticated man who appreciates the blending o f modern and classical pretensions under which Xeryus Rouge was crafted. Projection is very good and strong, 2 sprays are the most you want to go if you plan to wear this at work our out on a date. Longevity is outstanding at 9-12 hours. One of the few fragrances that keeps getting better as you age. A mature modern classic. Formal yet casual at the same time.

orestes

Ok! Αν μενεις Αθηνα,βρηκα και αγορασα στο HONDO στο Παγκρατι,εκει μπορεις να δειγματιστεις & αν σου αρεσει να το χτυπησεις,το αρωμα που αγορασα παρηχθη τον σεπτεμβρη του 2012,και μυριζει μια χαρα,εις το επανιδειν

petranfx

Και εγώ χάρηκα που βρήκα ένα συμπατρι΄ωτη fun στον κόσμο των αρωμάτωνΠιστεύω ότι να ασχολήσε με τα αρώματα είναι ένα ωραίο χόμπυ θα λεγα με υποβαθρο.Ελπιζω να με βοηθησει οποτε εγώ το χρειαστω αλλά και εγώ θα σε βοηθησω αν το ζητησεις

orestes

Petranfx το συγκεκριμενο αρωμα δεν ειναι το καλυτερο που εχω στη συλλογη μου,απλα' για συναισθηματικους λογους το αγοραζω οποτε τελειωσει,η προηγουμενη εκδοση με το παλιο μπουκαλι ηταν πολυ καλυτερη! οχι πως αυτη ειναι μαπα,ειναι ενα ζεστο γλυκο αρωμα με μεγαλη διαρκεια αλλα δεν ειμαι σιγουρος αν θα ξετρελαθεις... γνωμη μου να πας σ'ενα HONDOS CENTER & να δοκιμασεις το αρωμα,οσο για site εχω βρει,στο STRAWBERRYNET εχουν μεγαλες ποσοτητες τα 50 ml γυρω στα 36 ευρω,απλα σε λιγο καιρο το αρωμα θα αρχισει να αλλοιωνεται,αν μπεις στο CHECKFRESH.COM και εισαγεις τον κωδικο παραγωγης θα σου βγαλει μηνα και ετος παραγωγης(δοκιμασε το,ειναι φοβερο site,δεν φανταζεσαι ποσων ετων αρωματα πουλανε καποια καταστηματα....)οποτε' οσα εχω βρει εχουν παραχθει το 2010 και 2011.... οσα και να αγορασω,θα ξεθυμανουν μετα απο καιρο... την εχω πατησει μια φορα.... υπ'οψιν οτι στο site της Givenchy το εχουν ηδη αποσυρει,μαλλον το κατηργησαν... χαρηκα που συνομιλησα με εναν αναγνωστη απο την πατριδα!

petranfx

στο bestprice.gr μπες και το έχει σε τεσσερα καταστηματα.Κάποτε ήθελα να το πάρω και εγώ αλλά λόγο της τιμης και ειπηδη δν το έχω μυρισει δίστασα.Αν ήσουν κάτοχος θα ήλα να ακούσω τις ενυπώσεις σου

orestes

Στα περισσοτερα Hondos εχει τελειωσει το stock,φοβαμαι οτι καταργηθηκε σαν το fleur du male του jpg

petranfx

ρε φιλε νμζω ότι ακόμα πρέπει να πουλιέται

orestes

Is anybody knows if this fragrance discontinued?

hell cold
hell cold

با سلام من بازخورد این کارو از دید خودم واطرافیان میگم.جذاب وگیرا برای جنس مخالف با یه حس نوستالوژیک.گرم .مخلوطی از مرکبات.حس عروسی به ادم دست میده!

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

If you don't like the geranium in this, which unfortunately gave me brutal allergies and a harsh reaction the several times I tried wearing it.. Seek out Davidoff's Hot Water, it's a great alternative that may not be as sophisticated or well-blended as Xeryus Rouge, but has the same overall concept going for it of pepper, herbs and woods but with more garden variety spice to it and far less intrusiveness on the sinuses.

id
id

It is heavy and long lasting fragrance for late autumn and winter, but alas, the combination of pepper and geranium doesn't work on my skin.

vitilsky
vitilsky

synthetic cloyingly sweet dated fragrance. wouldn't buy it for a pound.

rayees
rayees

Great one. Came to know very late.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

I am sniffing this one now on my wrist and i can't stop.
The dry down is awesome!! I imagine if this one that i quess is the reformulated version and it is so wonderfull then the vintage one (that i have never smelled it)would be something out of imagination.
If i hadn't got in my wardrobe some of the same kind fragrances such as very valentino, hot water,alfred dunhill then it would take a great place in it.
Projects like a monster and is sooo long lasting.
Thumbs up Givenchy i am always admirer about the great quality that you offer through your fragrances and your products in general.

orestes

one of the best winter fragrances that I have worn, perhaps the best!

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Xeryus Rouge is quite unique and very sensual. The opening and drydown are entirely different. It opens fruity and peppery but drys down to nice soft woods, but unfortunately a fragrance this beautiful is too good to be true. On a volume level of 1-10, it's only playing easy listening on about a 3 in the final drydown. It is probably one of the most sensual orientals that I've ever smelled, but you really need to lay into the trigger if you wanna get some oomph, but then you don't wanna lean into the area of `that guy`. The juice doesn't match the bottle at all. If anything the bottle should be clear. I'm in a gray area with this. I really like it, but the power just isn't there. As for uniqueness? It is unique, but nothing to write home about. I believe that a lot of the reviews here are from people that haven't `experienced ` many truly unique fragrances, but then again, it could be that I'm a jaded fragrance snob. If XR gets you going, then shoot for Dunhill Desire Red... It's way louder, sharp, and pretty much mimics XR but amped out on crack cocaine.

orchid thief
orchid thief

you won't get to knowing this juice unless you work out half a bottle of it. unlike anything else. good. very good. balanced. comforting.

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

Hmm...If I'd tested the vintage edition then maybe I'd be blown away.

The orange and herb opening is what I get most, not an outright citrus vibe but more like a general sweetness. Pepper and cedar then sit close to my skin (and not for very long). Total running time for me was almost 3 hours.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

The pimento/cactus/germanium opening of this fragrance is what hits you first. So fresh and different from most other fresh scents out there. XERYS ROUGE smells more 'spicey' than HOT WATER to me, and seems to last longer.

"Woah!" seems to be a common reaction to this scent. Strong, yet cool. Worth all the hype, if nothing else, for it's originality.

XERYS ROUGE envelopes the room (especially in the first 15mins of spraying), and feels refined and classy. I've not met a person who dislikes this scent. A real compliment-getter.

It's spicey, fresh and cool... It lasts, and the projection is amazing.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: excellent
LONGEVITY: very good
SCENT: beautiful
BOTTLE: Simple elegance
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 8/10
---------------------------------------------

exalted
exalted

i am not quite sure whether it is my nose or the particular bottle of Xeryus Rouge that i possess, yet a light and a brief sniff of the cap (not to mention the application) submerges me into the state of an olfactory discomfort for the least of several hours.
the fact that i unfortunately regret. i tend to reason this with an overwhelmingness of the pimento note.

despite my unpleasant experience, if i am to imagine this scent without the pimento note - it is as truly mesmerizing as any other masterpiece brought to life by Annick Menardo.

Yudum
Yudum

My bf has this and I LOVE it i think its one of the best male perfumes

ed
ed

Well, I eventually decided to sell my (fairly new) bottle of XR. Certainly unique and masculine - it's just a bit of an odd fragrance. Somehow, it's not very appealing to me. Would like to smell the original formulation though.

bkid142
bkid142

feel powerful wearing this, its very similar to alfred dunhill's Desire but the dry out with xeryus is much more mature were as desire smooths to a warm vanilla.

jht4060
jht4060

Givenchy Xeryus Rouge has a unique scent that I am still trying to figure out. I like it a lot, but mostly I am writing this to puzzle through the top/middle notes. I definitely get tarragon (tarragon oil smells like a light sweet herbal star anise, even though it doesn't get a lot of votes above, there is a hefty dose in the top note) and I think I know what geranium (pelargonium) smells like and there is a bit of that and kumquaty citrus in XR. But I add these up and they don't smell that much like Xeryus Rouge. Maybe it is the pimento, but what the heck is cactus? Is this "cactus oil", the hair product? Is it cactus flower? This reminds me a bit of saying "orchid", when there are an estimated to be 25,000 different species of orchid. I am sure XR is all synthetic, but are they giving us real hints as to what it smells like or are "cactus" and "pimento" trying to say "this smells really different, give it a try"?

As many reviewers comment, this is indeed a unique scent. Lots of perfumes are subtly unique, but to paraphrase George Orwell, some perfumes are more unique than others. Xeryus Rouge is one of those. Here are some others if you are a collector of diversity: Thierry Mugler Womanity, Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan, Aramis Havana, Caron Yatagan, Dior Fahrenheit, Kinski Kinski, Knize Ten, Narciso Rodriquez for Him, Tauer Lonestar Memories, YSL Kouros, Comme des Garcon Guerilla 1. None of those smell much like anything else I have smelled - I don't say you'll like them, but they will expand your olfactory horizon.

hgonzalez
hgonzalez

Very unusual scent (very unique). Smells different, in a good way. I find it suitable for a party cause i think that projects well and have a very good lasting power.

PROS:
- Good projection and lasting power.
- Unusual spicy smell

CONS:
- Underrated
- Not very "romantic"

I want this in my collection cause i think if one of the best of Givenchy and unlike anything else. If you are a fragrance collector or looking for some different scent, try this, can be a nice surprise.

Regards.

petrus
petrus

Piment divin.

Senteur 10/10 Un chaleur enveloppante et diffusante, une composition immédiatement reconnaissable. Une merveille absolue parfaitement équilibrée. A porter en toute saison de nuit (et par journée d'hiver froide et sèche de jour pour réchauffer l'atmosphère).

Sillage 2/2. Enorme. Attention avec le vapo...

Longévité 2/2. Extrêment tenace.

Masculinité 2/2. Sexe en bouteille.

Evolution 4/4. Evolution relativement linéaire, mais qui s'en plaindra face à une telle perfection ?

Total 20/20 Chef d'oeuvre.

fooluae

note: if you one of who like to charm wind evry where u go these not for u

i gvie it 90% close to skin type

fooluae

am not that expert to to say but am deep in perfumes and discover

its my blind buy the smell take me somthing different(unique)
however its on vry vry weak on longlasting almost in my house 2 hour and stay close to skin almost 8 or 9 depend

at end smell like red rose and grass on rain day
like ir

but i hate they smell gone vry fast

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

enjoativo...não compraria de jeito nenhum.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I put this on over 12 hours ago, and I can still smell it close to the skin. A unique long lasting scent. Another winner from this house.

I have to say...I love this.

Remember it from the 90's and it's a true classic now. Very warm, spice and wood but with a unique edge, can't quite put my finger on what it is? This stuff is very masculine, not over powering and above all sexy!

I'd get myself a bottle but I can only find it in Debenhams and it's a rip off...I'll order a bottle off the net soon enough though.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Un rico perfume, durable, con un aroma fuerte, algo amaderado pero con esa nota de pimiento rojo que le da un toque exclusivo. Un perfume recomendable, un aroma que con el tiempo puede llegar a cansar si no le gusta este tipo de perfumes. Dura entre 6 y 8 hs. Calificacion general 7.5/10

eliweisz
eliweisz

Not exactly my kind of frag but definitely outstanding. Great opening, boozy and spicy, very sexy. Complex development, layers of woody, green and fruity scents, well spiced :-) Cozy drydown - hours and hours of warmth and sweetness. Not a single moment of boredom! It sits good on my skin. It's unlike any other cologne. Not my flask of juice, you know - but a small bottle of Rouge won't do me any harm. Quite the opposite, it can be very useful when I am in the mood for a change.
Bottom line: try it! Even if you think it's not your genre.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Only one word can describe this fragrance... Unique! Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy is something that you don't smell very often, and you most likely haven't smelled it before. This way you stand out in a crowd wearing Le Male or 1 Million. This fragrance will keep your nose entertained because it is so hard to describe what you're smelling. So it definitely gets points for being unique. I think this is an underrated fragrance and is worth checking out.

amer1212
amer1212

Its a masculine power hot sexy magnet sensitive oriental scent its start balmy green with little orange freshly then get more heavy & in middle woody spicy warm sexy hot way with chilly paprika & cedar then in the base amber & musk & Little cedar & Sandal.. Its sweet oriental woody scent... for sexy & attracting guy who knows magical make the women Located in his Love net ! .

thanks˝ Annick menardo˝ for this high quality stuff from Givenchy my rank is for this sex in the Bottle

8/10 .

hansito
hansito

The first time I got this one was back in 1998 and I am still wearing this AMAZING masterpiece. Exotic, elegant, spicy, impressive, somehow fresh and sweet, no words can describe this fragrance. Annick Menardo has created many of my favorites fragrances, I LOVE HER!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I have several frag from Givenchy and enjoy them. When I first tried Xeryus Rouge, without checking what the notes were, I could pick up a warm/spicy/woodsy aroma.
The two notes of tarragon and pimento gives this frag a very unique ambiance to the overall aroma.
The main base notes of cedar, sandalwood and musk gives it that warmth with a real woodsy (manly) aroma. After several hours you can still smell the pimento giving it that spicy aroma combined with cedar which really helps making it a solid frag.
Longevity is well past 8hrs
Sillage is more then moderate which makes it more noticeable but not over powering.
Overall opinion, you have to let this frag do its thing as some notes slightly fade and as others increase the potency.
Again a real woodsy and warm spicy frag with the pimento and tarragon being more noticeable throughout.
One thing is for certain whether you like or not...you have to admit this frag is NOT generic at all. 8/10

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

instantly reminded me of the original xeryus and i get a kouros vibe too. I reaaly don't understand all the hate, i love this one!

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

Monsieur Hubert de Givenchy R.I.P . Comme je t'aime ...
Every single perfume I have smelled from this "Haute " house NEVER failed to impress me ...Always unique , classy , different , captivating , turns heads ...etc...and it (Does the Job ) as some say .When it calls a perfume "Organza " I feel like going to the Opera when I wear it, "Very Irresistible " really IS ! ..and when it calls a perfume after the name of a Greek god then adds this sensual colour red to it ; it stands to what you expect :)
For some reason in 1995 when this perfume was first launched , my dearest cousin gave me a sample ..and I swear I could not stop smelling it, feeling so sad I couldn't wear (yes, I am a girl) ..It has the captivating power of a mythological tale , if you wanna know what Herecules would have smelled like , this must have been his scent ...One of the very few fragrances that cannot be "shared " or Unisex at all ....

im teen can i wear this

juan carlos.henriquez

Una de las mejores, realmente nose como peden comparar esta joya con elixir de azzaro ?????? xr es muchisimo mejor, se trata de un aroma picante medio fresco embriagador, dura para siempre proyecta espectacular y ocaciona miles de cumplidos, intentalo y la noche te tomara la mano para siempre.

Smyle12

Who want's my 95% full bottle of the original??? Please live in the US and PM me. Thank you.

renzo77

for me this is the best over silliness like joop lacoste armani hugo boss and I do not care what some people opine thanks givenchy maximum and this is what I'll use the one thing forever.

CDGfan

Renzo, the only fool is you, I own both the vintage and the current bottle, there is a vast difference between the two, in the mid and basenotes. The vintage formulation was 20000 leagues better than the current bottle. Before making judgements on other members on Fragrantica, it would not hurt to use your brain and some discretion.

renzo77

all these fools who write here that smells horrible synthetic little remains is false compared to other crap ordinary like joop homme want to make a bad name xergus when this is the best and only great powerful smells classy and lasts several hours better than dior even this is the best of givenchy

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Intersting in the best sort of way. I remember wearing this years ago, but can't say I remember it that well, but well enough to try it again.

I understand why so many people have trouble describing this scent. That's because it's SO DIFFERENT, UNIQUE.

I think the sweetness (which is by no means sweet in a vanilla way, this is a sharp sweet) come from the sandlewood and the chinese orange (you won't smell orange in the orignal sense either, but it's a very unque lovely orange), the geranium which is very there and the white musk.

This is warm and very sensual. It is distinctly peppery on me, which at first blast almost made me sneeze. But because the scent was so unique I said, ok, pepper it is as long as the other scents are in there. Here, up front is also the taragon.

Dry down is a bit greener and much less peppery, but still sandlewood and geranium and I think the cedar comes here as well. I get the cactus here at drydown because there is a piquant green scent as well, not uninviting, just joining as a guest.

Basically, I think the heart of this beautiful, mysterious unique scent is sandlewood and geranium (and perhaps the musk). I smell those three all the way through. Peppery up top, and greener at the bottom.

If you want something very different in your collection, men (not for women, sorry) try this just because it is so unlike your other fragrances. Great in a once-in-a while rotation.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

The initial blast is nasty, but, I have to admit, interesting: what IS that I'm smelling? A huge pepper or spice? It then dries down to something very unpleasant.

Somebody wrote that this is a love it or hate it scent. Well, I hate it. It's too weird for me. I couldn't bear smelling this on myself all day.

AyameSapphire
AyameSapphire

One of my favourite perfumes ever! It's quite spicy, but it's sandalwood and geranium, in my opinion, the mixture that makes people keep asking me for the name of the sexy fragance that I'm wearing!

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I purchased the current formulation directly from GIVENCHY.

JUNK. Poor performance. Lasts 1 hr on clothes or skin. The scent is very faint.

This is a non fragrance that shouldn't be on the market anymore. The fact that Givenchy is putting a price tag on this thing is pathetic.

The vintage must have been great. Very similar to Dior Farenheit Aqua IMO.

A red fruity aquatic'ish fragrance with a *classic feel to it. Unique

It could be amazing (for me) if it was made better !

Pissed Off

Smyle12

I have an 90% full full bottle of the original, vintage, formulation. PM me if you want it. I sure don't.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I liked this, when I was younger. A pitty I never bought it (just because I had no money for bying every fragrance I liked).
Years later, while thinking 'I need something new to wear' I remembered there was a red bottled perfume and this might perfectly fit to what I was looking for. I even rememberd the name and found the tester.
And thought I picked the wrong one, because I did not like it.
So I sniffed on every nearly red bottled man´s perfume just to find it. With no success.
Every now and then I tried it again with Xeryus Rouge tester. Everytime the same effect.
I really was sure I picked the right perfume in this time, but I thought my taste might have changed over the years.
Reading here that the formula was changed and it´s NOT my nose becomming old will be the answer I was looking for quite a while and this enlightenment will guide me to a good sleep this night.
Thanks ^^

petranfx

i am teen and i want something unique with personality.can i wear this fragrance?

vonMises
vonMises

A really top-quality scent. I don't get the detractors' claims this is synthetic. Maybe out of the bottle, but on skin it becomes smooth and warm. Quite superb.

Kdu
Kdu

Woody fragrance with sweet, very different ... very hard on the skin, certainly the best Givenchy

CDGfan

The original formulation was just GORGEOUS! A musky fruity masculine floral, which lasted forever.

The current formulation lacks the sandalwood and musk base notes and smells like rotting fruit. Its horrible!!

9/10 for the original

4/10 for the current formulation

juancar_66
juancar_66

It is Very Good Parfum really.
But more strong and nocturne it is Pí (from Givenchy too) or Jopp! homme for example.

debashishmitra
debashishmitra

I blind bought this from the universally rave reviews. I was thoroughly disappointed - very synthetic, gives me a headache. Smells like cough syrup. Not for me at all. For an idea of my taste I like cypher, musk based colognes like Armani Mania (my favorite), Emporio Armani He, Dunhill Man, Fahrenheit, Burberry Touch, Gucci by Gucci pour homme. In general, Armani makes the highest quality and best fragrances by far leaving aside super expensive colognes like the Creed range. I like fragrances made from natural high quality ingredients and oils. I cannot stand the ubiquitous sweet synthetic smelling cheap trash from Hugo Boss, Mont Blanc, Davidoff, Nautica etc. Apart from Armani I like Gucci, Burberry. YSL makes high quality stuff but too synthetic for me. I own over 50 colognes from Armani (most of them), Burberry, Dunhill, Gucci, Christian Dior, Versace, Hugo Boss (worst buys) and many more.

bitruci
bitruci

strong woody fragrance.ı tested it from perfumery and really like it.if you want to smell different ı suggest you this perfume.

essa asere
essa asere

من اروع ماقتنيت من عطور راااائع بمعنى الكلمة ...

Is this the "missing link" scent? What I mean is that the great age of complex, natural smelling, "masculine" designer scents ended around the time this one was released, and this one sort of straddles both worlds. It certainly smells sharper, simpler, and more "synthetic" than many that were released within the period of say 1989 to 1993, but it's still much better than most of those released in the late 90s, and its uniqueness is undeniable (unlike, say, the many that smelled similar to Cool Water). In order to deal with its sharp/synthetic qualities, I use one half spritz to the lower chest and never waft it around with my hand, as is also the case for scents with strong castoreum notes.

While I tend to prefer those from the late 80s to early 90s (such as Zino, Red for Men, Joint for Men, and the original Xeryus), this one certainly has something to offer, and for me it's a great "change of pace." However, I've only tried vintage. This definitely has "headache in a bottle" potential so don't blame me if you spray too much and become nauseous. For a more natural smelling and subtle fragrance that is at least somewhat like this one, I suggest Cactus Shot by Everlast. Another idea, especially if you like soft anisic notes, is Opium Pour Homme.

Kain
Kain

A warm and sweet fruity fragrance with strong spice and some herbal notes.
The opening is fresh and citrusy but sweet scent with lots of spice and noticeable tarragon note mixing with them.
It's strong and you can call it synthetic, but very pleasant, attractive and sensual.
In the base and when this fragrance settles down, some geranium and sandalwood joining in, but they are in the background.
You can call it a linear fragrance because you will have this smell till the and but it's very pleasant and compliment getter for sure!
Very good projection and longevity.
یه عطر گرم، شیرین با بوی بسیار دلپذیر
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی مرکباتی، ولی بسیار گرم و شیرین و تند و فلفلی داره که مقداری هم رایحه گیاهی ترخون اونو همراهی میکنه
در ادامه بوش تغییر کمی میکنه و مقداری رایحه گل و کمی هم رایحه چوب سندل بهش اضافه میشن اما خیلی قوی نیستن
در کل بوی بسیار عامه پسند و خوشبویی داره که به همراه پخش بو و ماندگاری زیادی که داره میتونه یه گزینه خوب برای پاییز و زمستون باشه
اگه از عطرهای قوی خوشتون میاد و باعث سردردتون نمیشه از خریدش پشیمون نمیشین

Smyle12

I have the original, vintage, Xeryus Rouge and I've long been trying to nail down exactly what this smells like, aside from dated. I think I've figured it out, however. Wait for it... A freshly sliced piece of grapefruit coated in dried paprika. *Aha!!!* I've cracked the code... :)

tomerits
tomerits

i think its much better then original "xeryus"(although they are different) .one of my fall/winter favorites and signature scent.love it in cold weather.
my rank 5/5.

Bierko
Bierko

this perfume is amazing, wonderful setting, is my top!

estrellita
estrellita

Fruity, spicy and a bit sweet fragrance with a great sillage! Especially for an evening use. OMG, I like this one on guys!!! I suspect there must be some pheromones in it :-) Masculine and veeery sexy ;-)

juancar778
juancar778

To me it´s strong but a lot armonic too and it´s the reason because i prefer to use in spring-summer, the spyce notes are in the first place every time but the other notes are armonics really. Good Parfum.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Just wore it one day so my review is brief but will be expanded later.
Mesmerizes your nose in a few seconds! there are not many scents like this and thats quality!
Almost medicinal what i got there as it reminded me off cough syrop we got back in the days its that strange sweetly syrup feeling i got.
Cannot define it but its a great lingering scent and keeps a good projection and longevity throughout the day
more later but a great scent!

olfactophile9
olfactophile9

This scent is an olfactory work of erotic art! Seriously sophisticated and oh-so sensual. Rich & confident. To call it captivating would be an understatement...

It's true nature isn't revealed for at least 20 minutes but it lasts a very long time. And a little goes a long way, which is a good thing considering its price. (Thank the gods for internet shopping!)

Xeryus Rouge is a potent aphrodisiac. Should you chose to wear it, just be sure you have the equipment to back it up! Unfortunately, that leaves me out as I'm just a woman who loves a man who wears it! <3

dromidreza
dromidreza

شاید اولش جالب باشه ولی بعدش معمولی میشه.ماندگاریش رو پوستم خوب نیست وبخدا دخترکش هم نیست !!

nonsisa
nonsisa

This scent screams:

I F***ing HATE YOU and I'M GONNA RIP YOUR BALLS off and EAT THEM!! Haha

Nontheless it is definately a keeper and precious to spice up your collection.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A nice fruity spicy long lasting scent, has a warm comforting drydown that makes you wanna put more on next day - great fragrance and unique too!

This is not one to smell up close on the skin, because it can come across as really "synthetic." I also advise one spray to perhaps a couple inches above the navel. Let it come through clothing. I've only tried the vintage version in the Art Deco style bottle, and don't think it is related in any significant way to Xeryus, in the same bottle but of a darker color. It begins with an odd fruity quality backed up by something "hard," most likely some sort of synthetic wood molecules. Over time, however, just enough amber emerges to soften it up a tiny amount, which adds dynamism and keeps it from becoming cloying. If you find it too cloying even with very careful application, I suggest trying Cactus Shot by Everlast if you can find it.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

My first impression:

Arrived here a Xeryus Rouge in an exchange. From the first time I felt like this perfume too, entered the top 5 easy here.
A cloudy morning these days, I thought: "Today I have a crazy." 5 sprays of Xeryus Rouge and went to work (indoors with air conditioning). was an early intern talk to me when asked what was the perfume, highly praised. Most afternoons were more female and 2 compliments emphatic. Only after the 22h he began to disappear from the skin. Projection and animal longevity very good too. It's a different fragrance notes and little known here. Strong, slightly sweet and floral and spicy at the same time.

vans1998
vans1998

Soft/Warm spicy lovers,try it out!

Projection:4/10
Longevity:5-6 hrs
Smell:8/10

Age group:23+
For:Fall/Night
Versatility:2/10

yella_light
yella_light

This is a love or hate fragrance. My cousin loved it so much, I ended up giving it to her. Not for everyone, but it's a unique scent that lasts all day long.
Because it projects well, I wouldn't overspray this (2 sprays max: one on the chest, and one on the wrist/forearm, and then dab it on the other wrist)
It might be offensive for some, especially for the younger crowd. However, it is elegant and somewhat sensual, and should be worn occasionally if a person wants to stand out in the crowd and be truly unique or noticed.
Recommended for Fall/Winter nights, but can be worn during those Fall/Winter days.
(2-3 sprays max)

Age group: 21+
Projection: 5 stars
Longevity: 5 stars
Versatility: 2 stars
Smell: 3.5 stars
Overall: 3.5 stars (this scent can be too much for some)

maddy.farmer
maddy.farmer

simply Sexy.. gives u a 'i wanna flat on u' vibes from the sniffers around.. projects well.. very long lasting, stays on my skin for over 10hrs and over 12 hrs on the clothes.. Its more of a night wear, parties, dinners, sleepovas;)

its a must have in my collection.. way to go givenchy

rienzope
rienzope

This reminds me of celestial seasonings red zinger tea at the beginning and lipton red tea in the middle. Really nice and lasts forever - early morning till bed time

Carlos Kilesse Jr
Carlos Kilesse Jr

Muito bom perfume; picante, frutado e fundo amadeirado! As mulheres amam seu cheiro, porém não é expansivo!
Boa longevidade, diferente!

sparkyman
sparkyman

A Blind buy of the Vintage, initiated (yet again) by some superbly brilliant, clear & expressive reviews here and.....

OMG....This scent is nothing short of Stella. It arrived this morning and I had a quick squirt before I popped into town to the PO. Standing in line, I quickly noticed an aura of pure fragrant Oriental bliss surrounding me.

A sort of sticky cedar sweetness infused with a Chilli spicyness, touch of orange at the top and a musky undercurrent - just awesome, pure unadulterated Quality & breeding, absolutely immense in every way. Without doubt, King of my collection.

I have a great deal of respect for the membership here at Fragrantica - I have discovered people I have never met, but trust implicitly - strange but true....

D A V A R I

جالب توجه برای اکثر خانومها
شاید بوی کمی تند ان برای بعضی ها ازار دهنده باشد

Very dignified classic
suit us for
the best in the cold season
for the most interesting Khanvmha
might smell a little steep for some, it is irritating

VanAllan
VanAllan

Tested it before Christmas when I was shopping around for some gifts and this fragrance left me a nice impression: opens with qumquat (cactus fruit) combined with tarragon & mandarine giving a sweet-fruity-moist feel, followed in half an hour by a bitter-spicy heart full of red pimento & herbal geranium.
The drydown is sweet-musky-woody (cedar, santal & musk), something that worths waiting for.
As other reviewers, I appreciated the lack of cloying sweetness (vanilla, benzoin, amber) that characterizes most of modern offerings. A pretty long lasting smell and a future buying for me. My initial rank 7.5/10. ☣☣☣

juan carlos.henriquez

fuerte y adictivo, insisto q huele rojo y algo plastico, fuerte pero fresco, usar con moderación y veran q no tiene rival, viva xeryus rouge, viva la noche.

mef
mef

رایحه ای کاملا مردانه و متشخص مخصوص شبهای سرد زمستان. این عطر میتواند بیانگر وقار و شخصیت کسی باشد که آنرا بکار برده است.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Xeryus Rouge is one sweet/oriental fragrance which i like the most. Unlike other male sweet fragrance which are more prone to having gourmand notes, this one has got sweet woods in it. It is warm spicy romantic and dark fragrance perfect for evening wear, cooler weather and intimate moments. It is not strictly masculine, rather first time i smelled it i got confused for which gender it is. So it means it can be wearable for women also. But on men it charms the best.
Silage, longevity and projection is good enough.

I give it 8.5 out of 10.

juan carlos.henriquez

si quieres sobresalir, usalo y veras.

juan carlos.henriquez

este perfume sobresale practicamente con todos los demas perfumes, nocturnos o diarios, son muy pocos los perfumes q pueden competir con este peso pesado, quisa fahrenheit y kouros talves. estos tres son bestias, este olor es todo rojo, rojo intenso huele a frutos rojos con algun toque alcoholico, en una sola palabra, embriagador.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This is a unique blend of exotic and unusual notes that morph into a sophisticated and evocative fragrance. Its bouquet is not what you would expect from such a mishmash of ingredients such as cactus, pimento, tarragon and geranium. But it works in a splendidly appealing manner. I am so glad I purchased this after ignoring it for years. Kudos to Givenchy for daring to be outré and getting away with it.

cyber861
cyber861

بویی مردونه و تند و گرم داره.اصلا شبیه فارنهایت ابسولوت نیست.نمیدونم کی گفته شبیهه اونه.
شبیهه هات هم نیست.فقط میشه گفت که همشون کارهایه سنگینی هستن و هر کسی دوستشون نداره.حتما حتما قبله خرید تست بفرمایید.

krmarich
krmarich

After the BRILLIANT Insense, Givenchy offers this as an encore. It was worthy of its own name. I love Xeryus in its original powerhouse presentation. This should have been called Montezuma. Its unusual exotic composition seemed rather "PreColumbian".

Xeryus Rouge opens with qumquat-a strange cactus fruit that I want to last a bit more. The tarragon/mandarine notes take us to the genius heart of a red hot chili! Its big, spicy and if you are, not careful, may make you sneeze. The sensation on my skin is warming. It is offered much more intense than Opium PH and is probably the reason for reformulation. I find the original highly clever and daring. Its anything but a flanker...

The syrupy sweet vanilla/cedar closing is as gourmand as it gets. Adding chocolate would have been the ingredient to define it as Aztek. Indeed, it works well in the heat. It projects far and was quite seductive.

Then Givenchy decided to sell out and after 2000, discontinued the classics. What a shame it was deformulated and relaunched later as a zombie flop. I have a large bottle that should last forever.

Moonshield
Moonshield

One of the most ambitious scents...

Opening is smells, slightly moist cactus, kumquat (somewhat reminiscent of bergamot) and this orientalism completed from tarragon...

Heart notes are under the rule of african geranium (my mom grows it in the terrace) and pimento (reminds me olives stuffed with pimento visible). Cedar also feels deforestation.

Closing with sandalwood and musk. Such as sticky and oily but increased longevity.

When I sniff this, I'm detected different notes. It is exotic and dark. Only bad side is sometimes felt little bit synthetic.

Scent:8
Longevity:8

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I was on a cruise in the Caribbean and the ship docked at Martinique. There is a fabulous fragrance warehouse there and this is one of the fragrances I bought. It was somewhere in 95, so this must just have been launched ... I remember it being sultry and sensual ... so much so that it got me laid by a Kentucky racehorse breeder on a few occasions while on the cruise! Who-ever said that fragrance is just in the nose? I'm sure if his wife found out there would've been trouble ... being that I am male ;o). Perhaps it's time to find another bottle of this!!!!

Overly sweet cedarwood. Terragon and geranium are not enough to balance the general synthetic fruity sweetness while the pimento results sort of off-putting. Cheap. Meh.

One of the very few creations by Annick Menardo that I strongly dislike.

DaZeD
DaZeD

I love this one!

My range of vocabulary is simply not wide enough to describe this scent, it's a very unique and distinctive smell, a little bit eccentric if i may say, totally ineffable, you just have to experience the scent, and then you need time to process it if you wanna try to explain how it smells.

I'm pretty sure this is one you either love or hate, there's no way in between.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Love it. Warm, sensual and lasts ages... One of my best blind buys...

lococo
lococo

This perfume is a true masterpiece, is a very masculine oriental fragrance is the first perfume that I bought brand, and the truth is great, usually as aa sublime aroma, I could not clearly identify the fragancia.Si have the opportunity to try it try it, will be fascinated as I left, as they all yodiria exudes this attraction, sensuality and sweat in ecstasy gets drunk, that's Xeryus rouge, very few reach a level fragrance as sensual as this. Annick Menard genius

ravneetarora
ravneetarora

I got a bottle few days ago fro the reviews here, Love the look of it, clean and simple bottle and sniffed the perfume again and again and couldn't resist to put it on me. Now that I applied it, I could surely say it exudes sexiness.
Totally second with User Missk here.

The longevity is amazing as I could smell it even after 8-9 hours close on my skin and I had applied only 2 sprays. Sillage is good and scent is quite unique and spicy.
I must note here that its monsoon here so humid weather but it lasts superbly long.
It stays very close to the skin and the whole time scent changes very less but is all the way intriguing. It can be overbearing for a moment for some people when it opens. I love the warmth of it and pimento and sandalwood are enjoyed beautifully during its dry down.
Sillage: 4/5
Longevity:5/5
The only con is : It can be overbearing for some. For me and my friend it was when he put 3-4 sprays and it was rushing through our nose and brains for half an hour. Extreme.

And yet I loved it.

nem11
nem11

I've got the following image in my brain after smelling this fragrance:
-The bite and hotness of pimento + the sticking of cactus mixed in a very sensually refined way.
This imho is a very unique composition, a work of art and I love it! Not to mention, that it is very hot on the right man.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

If you dont like your fragrances strong then this isnt for you.will make this short.the top notes are strong and to my nose off-putting enough to want to wash it off to make you smell normal again.the drydown is a lot wearable as the sharp spices tone down to an inviting sweetness.
Just try this before you commit to it and dont be swayed by all the positive reviews here as I see this as not one of the safe orientals around.It just gave me a headache so testing was enough for me.Commit to buy?no thanks:the top notes just put me off even if it lasted for 30mins!!!

shamus1
shamus1

It's a good thing people don't enjoy fragrances by jamming their noses right into your skin, because my bottle of Xeryus Rouge would have ended up in the trash. This smells totally different up close than it does when it projects.

Up close, when you press your nose against your skin, it smells plasticky and purely synthetic. It smells like lipstick or makeup. It smells terrible.

Luckily, however, it smells really good when you actually wear it, and that's what counts. The scent it projects is sweet, spicy and musky, and yes, it does emit a smell that reminds me of the color red. This fragrance reminds me a lot of Basala For Men by Shiseido, only less intense. I smell more than the pyramid lists, like cinnamon, apple, musk, cedar and maybe patchouli. This is a hot, smouldering, aromatic scent.

The sweetness in Xeryus Rouge isn't overbearing, and it melds really well with the spicy sandalwood. Though I don't agree with the rave reviews of this, it's a good fragrance that does a nice job of exuding both sexiness and masculinity.

MY RATING: 7/10

lipepimpol
lipepimpol

this also left me a bit confused and perplexed ..
cactus peyote should be family!
a bit green, fresh and something sweet and soft
is the cactus? is there something I could not identify and that taking the air soft and sweet aroma.
though I found quite intriguing smooth quiet "sleeper"
it is projected well into the middle! becomes slightly spicy red, but still totally peaceful and goes through to the end!
is not hot! is warm

I think until he is no longer there, but he is! sweet, serene, limpid
and when you least expect it jumps out and says softly: I AM GREAT!
projection incredible, subtle and elegant power

is not hot! is warm and slightly spicy

regular silage
longevity perfect
incredible projection
Fragrance: the first impression was fairly regular, but the projection of this fragment is more
peyote cactus and cheers me up =]

sometimes need to prove!

4 thumbs up

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I tried this and I was totally baffled and perplexed, AGAIN... I just cant get my head around it lol. I wouldnt know where to start reviewing the various notes... its definatley good and very particular... I pick up something RED, fruity, berry - like, although I dont see much listed in the notes pyramid.. but hey, what do I know, I´m just an amateur

Grottola
Grottola

Velvety red fruits, pimento, and a warm chocolate-like accord. Very sensual and inviting, but not for everyone. Go easy on Xeryus Rouge - it's quite strong and too much of it can make it cloying.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Really spice-powdery smell. I think this is have some tobacco. Warm fragrance (like the bottle says with all this red) and at the same time, kind. The pepper sounds great in here and the cologne seems like "watery" (like a note, not a ugly holding). It's really nice.
On me:

Sillage: good/very good
Longevity: good/very good (5h+)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The best oriental fruity spice in my opinion the most sexy cologne in my colection. Melon orange spicy sandalwood and musk is what i feel in a unique combination!

Alan Felipe
Alan Felipe

i´m not a fan of sweet frags, but Xeryus Rouge is an exception...exotic, unique, the sillage and projection are perfect in me...long lasting and chic magnetic, i love it.

pittheus
pittheus

An artificial soul maybe but definitely hot, masculine and different. I really liked it and use it.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Oriental, sensuous and floral to my nose. My older brother had the original Xeryus in the blue stylized, slightly art-deco bottle. For some reason, many years later Givenchy changed the bottle design - a shame in my opinion. I vaguely recall liking the original, but thought that it was the red bottle (I can't explain why) and I bought the 'rouge' version. A lovely, sweet/spicy fragrance, but powerful in silage and projection akin to Joop Homme. Thus, my 50 ml bottle tends to last much longer than many other fragrances 100ml versions.

Mariame
Mariame

Sensual ,unusual ,hot .
I love it on a man .This is for men only.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

My experience was ruined by that dastardly Tonka note.
This scent reminds me of a picnic that was organized to be quiet and pleasurable and tonka turned up with his loud-mouth, intimidating attitude and ruined it for everyone.

jtappenden
jtappenden

An exotic & adventurous fragrance.Evokes happiness & relaxation.Suitable for spring or summer.

purpleblood
purpleblood

the scent of seduction... The best fragrance attractant i have ever had

diablochancho
diablochancho

MMMMMM....ESTO ES EL SEXO EMBOTELLADO.SENSUAL,PICANTE,CÁLIDO , CREO QUE ES UNO DE LOS TRES MEJORES QUE EXISTEN EN EL MERCADO ,MUY BIEN HECHO... A LAS MUJERES LES ENCANTA Y RECIBIRÁ MUCHOS CUMPLIDOS USANDO ESTE.

megaechofox50
megaechofox50

Definitely not my favorite from Givenchy but an alright fragrance overall. It has a very sweet top (a little sharp for my nose) but it eases up a little as it settles in. This is definitely not a unisex scent but it is not very masculine either. I could see myself and other people getting tired of the smell. Not overly impressed with this one.

6.5/10

guest_Jhon canson
guest_Jhon canson

One of the best perfume for me, the stronger it is, and never pass unnoticed, it is daring, girls flip to see you, I really love, and I finished a bottle of 100 ml, but soon I'll buy my 2nd bottle. perfume of incense is sexiest I have ever smelled, mysterious, soft, wild, simply special, ideal for any occasion, and if it is in a better Office, Very Good Sillage and durability, Givenchy truth is the best perfume ever created , I hope that never ends the Xeryus rouge, so more women can delight, congratulations givenchy

The bottle seemed to exude a lot of promise. The red could have represented something hot and sexy, or masculine and bold. In all honesty, Xeryus is a bit of everything. This is quite possibly one of the most intriguing male fragrances I've come across in the last few years.

It's crisp yet fiery and spicy. Xeryus Rouge makes me think of all those men in my life that were so bad that they were impossible to resist. Both those men and this fragrance has me drawn like a moth to a flame. This fragrance is dangerous and exciting.

If you're looking for a scent that equates to sex, look no further. This woodsy, spicy and slightly sweet scent is commanding, masculine and sensual. It gets me all hot just talking about it.

I can really sense the red hot chilli in this fragrance, which gives off a rather warm yet fresh, invigorating feel. The scent can be a little sharp and tart-like at times, but only when smelt up-close. From a distance, Xeryus Rouge has a definite, subtly sweet smoothness.

This fragrance is so unique that it almost puts what I hold as 'out-of-the-ordinary' to shame. All the complexity that is contained in this one bottle is quite breath-taking.

The lasting strength is great, and let's be honest, this fragrance has the ability to suit practically every season and every occasion. Just make sure that you wear this during a passionate night with your lover, it will drive her absolutely insane and she'll remember this fragrance for years to come.

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

Tested this today and was not really impressed, sour with little spices. longevity and projection are average.

Legionaire
Legionaire

I don't know if this is the sexyest and most hypnotizing fragrance "pour homme" but it definitely works when seducing women! It's fresh, sweet and sexy, it's also strong and potent so you'll need guts to wear this, but you wont be disappointed, trust me!;)

periquito89
periquito89

O Boticário Quasar Fire has the same style of it. Hard do say how it looks like. It is sweet but not like the common candies, flowers, fruits ... Not my personal choice, but like Quasar Fire is interesting.

guest_Fernando
guest_Fernando

Es uno de los mejores perfumes para mì, es fuerte, y nunca pasas desapercibido, es atrevido, las chicas voltean para verte, a mi me fascina, ya acabe una botella de 100 ml, pero pronto me comprare mi 2ª botella.Es un perfume misterioso, ideal para cualquier ocacion, y si es en una oficina mejor, muy buen sillage y perdurabilidad, lo recomiendo 100%.Me saco el sombrero por givenchy.

fayez188
fayez188

It's awesome that a magician sexy, attractive felt hilariously, and I wearing. Thank you members who have been nominated this fragrance..!

انه جميل جدا

Damani Code
Damani Code

This is uniqueness @ its best. One of the most mysterious scents I have smelt. No negatives IMO. To me it is not that sweet but a strange green spicy scent that lasts.

Solid 8/10 intimate scent.

moore_or_less
moore_or_less

LAPD just about hit the nail on the head with his review of this one. When mixed with my chemistry I get the same sweet grapefruit mixed with a bubblegum-mint (bubblemint?) sort of scent. Not necessarily a bad thing but not exactly what I am going for. Perhaps I should revisit this one during the cooler months ...

ChristianTortuForêts
ChristianTortuForêts

This is the sexyest most hypnotizing perfect hot parfum for men. The Ultimate.
I dated a guy who wore it. It was his best quality. Can't forget it. (the perfume)...!!!! Lethal.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Thanks very much to Fragrantica & its members for letting me know this fragrance . I bought it yesterday and from the first sniff i recognised how wounderful the scent.
Its SUPER , i like it so much.

Cool Breeze 31
Cool Breeze 31

I love Xeryus Rouge. Its defiantly different then other colognes I'v owned, which is not a bad thing. I mostly use it for special occasions. Its a very sensual fragrance, it makes you feel warm and cozy, great for the winter months, everyone always wants to know what I'm wearing and most people have never heard of it, which for me is a good thing. it also has great longevity, which I like, at least 10 hours or more.

liar
liar

I shall not understand it sports or solid. But it such охиренный!!!! Very much it is pleasant to Me. Stability excellent

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

This is a very strange and mysterious scent.Absolutely fabulous.Its hot and very deep

costaleo
costaleo

Unique, strange, different, intriguing... I cannot explain this fragrance and that's what makes it so impressive. it's like going to a very expensive restaurant, oredering a delicious dish whose recipe is long lost. You eat mystery and that feeds you as a whole, not in parts. That's how I feel about XR.

instantjim

I reviewed this earlier in the year after I tested it at a store and now that I own it, I thought I would review this little gem again.

Firstly, I love the understated elegance of this style of bottle (also used with Insense, Gentleman and Xeryus). Somehow its simple design and label emphasise the classiness of the contents.

The liquid inside is itself warm and rich. The fruit, cactus and pepper combine to give it an intriguing start, somewhat like melon and spices, but at the same time citrussy.

What I also like is that as this fragrance develops, the musk does not dominate, but is beautifully balanced with the spice and woody elements. It lasts a long time with only slight change.

EDIT January 9 2010:

I wore this yesterday- it was around 30 degrees C and above and it was still detectable after 8 hours of perspiring.

LaPD
LaPD

Wow this is such an odd scent. That's not a bad thing...

Smell very sour acid fruity. You know? haha. It's a good fragrance, the combination of cirtus and the cactus and probably the pimento makes it all smell like ruby red grapefruit somehow. It's interesting. I like ruby red grapefruit.

It last pretty long. The sillage is ok.

Now the question is... do I want to smell like ruby red grapefruit? hmmm...

ausamamira
ausamamira

I woke up in the morning and i was getting married that night.... i started to prepare myself, the suit, the hair cut, the shaving ..etc ... but what to wear as a fragrance!!!!! i wasn't so much into fragrances, i used to know only 4 to 5 fragrances at that time ...to make the long story short my sister suggested xeryus rouge to me and gave me her husband's bottle :) ... i applied it on my widding party ;) ...

it became my number one fragrance since then ....
great smell... you may find it strong at the begenning, but you'll get used to it... sexy, sweet, fruity , fresh, lasts long...masculine ... everything

instantjim

I like this one very much. It is a warm,bold fragrance and after 8 hours is still easily detectable. I detect fruity sweetness and rich spices with woods and musk - it is not unlike Azzaro Silver Black/Onyx.

guest_high_power
guest_high_power

lighte and sexy

scenturian
scenturian

Quite different and interesting scent. Sexy, alluring and hot.
Sweet, spicy, fruity, peppery(pimento) and very cactussy.
Good job from givenchy.
One of my fav also.
Very strong and long lasting, dont spray more than 2 :) everybody will already notice u.

ZeeK
ZeeK

A blind buy, but made me fond of it instantly after first spray. Marvel, sensual and exotic… found great for summer wear… for me it’s a romantic wear…

Stefan
Stefan

This is is actually better than I thought. I had the bottle since Winter and thought it was a winter scent.
I think it;s much better suited for a spring or summer nightime scent. That pepper really makes it all worth while. Sweet, robust, spicy, and fruity. If you can get past what people call as cactusy, i'd say it's definately one of my top 10. Spray this one over your head and let it fall. It' doesn't last as long if you rub it in, but I haven't used moistureizer with it yet. Pretty strong stuff, I'll probably wear this one when I get married.

vdxl
vdxl

This is a great classic: fougere oriental which I perceive as fruity during summer evenings. It is cosy, long lasting and a true "red" cologne which exudes passion. I find this one as a precursor to Very Irresistible. If you analyze the smell, maybe you'll get what I am trying to say.

gutobega
gutobega

I love this fragrance.
It's so exotic... cactus, geranium and pepper... perfect combination.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I was lucky enough to win a bottle of this. Thanks, Fragrantica and our contest sponsors! I had never smelled this one before, or so I thought, until it arrived and I sniffed the bottle. I realized then that I've smelled it many times before on friends and co-workers. It is a popular scent, with good reason, of course--it's so very well-done!

I love the hot, intense rush of spices when this one is first applied to my husband's skin. It dries down a little softer and greener over time. Alas, the EdT fades quickly--he gets about 4 hours maximum out of this one and usually has to freshen up again in the afternoon.

I think Xeryus Rouge is all male and won't be one that I will be borrowing. (I don't think I can quite pull that off, but ladies, go for it if it works for you!)

Must say, too, how much I love the bottle on this one. The color, the solid shape and the elegant simplicity of the design are a perfect vessel for this fragrance.

Eros
Eros

Now I know, where Davidoff "Silver shadow private" and Lauder "Beyong paradise" come from - that is GIVENCHY "Xeryus". It is near perfect, very seducive (I think so), and a bit more complex than all newer imitators.
"Rouge" version is of pepper, and this "pepper" is complex and "expensive". It is "oriental", but while all native-oriental perfumes I know are ROUNDED, this one is slightly sharp.
Sadly, but I have to add that the drydown is a bit "powdery".

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Strong, sweet, and sexy - just how I like my men! This is one of my favorite scents for guys. Definitely a nighttime/clubbing/seduction fragrance...find something else for the office!

darren
darren

it's super sexy!
I liked it from the first time I saw it in 1997 in stores.
the red color gave it enough passion and joy.it's just like the male version of hugo red!to me it's all about green plants and pepper.at the first smells somehow sweet too.excellent strength to seduce a woman.

Nuppu
Nuppu

For me this is the sexiest men fragrance ever (haven't find hotter yet). Warm, no, hot, spicy but still tender, not too strong. Definetly red is appropriate colour for this uber-hot nectar. I don't want my husband to wear this outside our home, that tells you how effective Xerus Rouge is ;)...

carmen_kvl
carmen_kvl

I know it's a men perfume, but for my taste it's kinda unisex...probably it will be the next perfume I'll buy...it's a sexy perfume

2007

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy 4.19 out of 5 based on 787 ratings and 161 user reviews

Deodorant 5oz
Givenchy Xeryus Rouge Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Givenchy Xeryus Rouge 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Givenchy Xeryus Rouge 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Xeryus Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Xeryus Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.