Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Ysatis Iris Givenchy for women

Ysatis Iris Givenchy for women
dislike

Ysatis Iris by Givenchy is a Floral fragrance for women. Ysatis Iris was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion. Top notes are black currant, mandarin orange and violet; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine and rose; base notes are iris, patchouli and vanilla.

Black Currant Mandarin Orange Violet

Tuberose Jasmine Rose

iris Patchouli Vanilla

Ysatis Iris Fragrance Reviews

joliecat
joliecat

What a unique beauty ! Ysatis Iris is smooth, rich, and lasting, with moderate silage. Non offensive, it becomes a close-to-skin scent. This perfume is extremely classy, with an unexpected modern vibe. Perfect for a weatlthy young socialite to wear to a very dressy dinner party.
The black current and mandarin add a deep natural sweetness, swirling around the gorgeous floral mix. A touch of patchouli is just enough to keep everything from becoming overly sweet. Vanilla smooths and anchors the blend, and sweet violets with dry iris offer a powdery hint.

As I wear this, the dark black currant and ripe syrupy mandarin waft in and out, blending well with the dry patchouli and iris. Ever present sweet violets dance happily in the air.

This is an exceedingly elegant perfume, enduring, and a very small amount goes a long long way. Ysatis Iris is most certainly a beautiful, modern classic.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Such a beautiful well kept secret and an amazing frag in Mr. Ropion's portfolio. At first blast the black currant and mandarin are thick and juicy and smell so delicious then the iris and violet make their beautiful dry, powdery and violet candy sweet appearance. So so lovely!!! I am NOT a patch fan and I am in love with this fragrance. I really can not stop smelling my wrist. Iris, violet and rose are my favorite notes and usually the perfumes I am drawn to are green, clean and fruity. This one is a bit darker and a little more mysterious. I love it. The other floral notes blend beautifully and although I am unable to dissect them I like that they flow together seamlessly. I will keep my other iris beauties for the day and wear this seductively at night.

For non patchouli lovers such as myself...The patch is definitely there in the dry down along with vanilla but in this case the patch is not screaming and stomping all over the other precious notes. This is a well behaved patchouli. I like it.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I feel lucky to have got my hot little hands on another one of Dominic Ropion's (lesser known) now discontinued masterpieces in the form of this little limited edition version of the original Ysatis. It's refreshing take on the original. A complex floral which is vibrant, zesty and comforting all at the same time. I smell blackcurrant,fruits and flowers in the opening, then gradually it dries down to a delectable iris which is powdery, gentle and what I would otherwise describe as "nutty", full of sensual, comforting vanilla. There is an old-fashioned feel about it, like it belongs in another era - probably the 1950's. Can be worn both day and evening. Lovely :)

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Opens strong, with a honeyed, juicy mandarin orange, sweet, paired with an over the top black currant. At this point, you are in, or you are out. If black currant smells like cat piss to you, you are out.

The remaining are fortunate indeed: this is a hypnotic floral, floating on a juicy fruity cloud. The florals are heady, the fruits are wet and juicy sweet, overall, the effect is intoxicating.

This is a great example of a complex floral that evolves over time, has discrete, discernible notes of specific flowers, yet achieves a floral accord. i often make analogies between perfume and music (and wine, go figure). For me it is about combiining two or more floral notes to create a chord, in this case, rose, jasmine, tuberose.

It is not all about iris, but it is about iris. Does iris have a smell? What do I mean by iris? I mean a sweet, powdery floral that combines a white floral note with a green note. Yet, smells kind of purple and earthy and musky. That is iris to me. And this does have a powerful iris, not as powdery as Yves Rocher Iris Noir, but similarly a purple green iris, earthy but sweet.

The patchouli finish is no surprise, but is paired with a sexy, boozy vanilla. Here, the patchouli drydown is exactly right.

kvety
kvety

managed to get hold of a little sample, and i would probably get another bottle just to get a bit more acquanted with this fragrance as the sample did not seem to last that long...

i did find it Clean and fresh, so probably suitable for the office, if you can get hold of it that is...

ginawadsworth

I was having a strong coffee for breakfast this morning and wondered where this lovely powdery smell was coming from. I thought it was from a bottle of face cream on the table, but no it was the dry down of this dear perfume applied over 12 hours ago. Impressive and delightful. This one's a keeper!

ginawadsworth

well, I know I would love the original, but with the banning of oakmoss I was not going to even try any reformulation if there is one. However, this was a serious delight. Just the right amount of flower and woodiness to it to satisfy the sense of the old and new trends of perfume. Really pleased I made the instant decision to buy it.

edit: I mentioned woodiness in my first opinion. I would like add that this is likely to be the combination of vanilla and pautcholi - not exactly woody as in wood, but more earthy as being in the woods. imagine sunlit glade filled with wild fruit, trees, wild flowers and and vanilla. such a thing only exists in the imagination or when you arrive from sea to a pacific island

treenhe
treenhe

i am so disappointed. i have wanted this for so long and when i finally get my grubby mits on a bottle, all it presents to me is my 2 least favourite notes; patchouli and jasmine. i love iris and was hoping, after reading the reviews that this would be the dominant note. i didn't get any, AT ALL :( no violet, no iris, no berries and no mandarin. heavy, sludgy and tenacious, it's everything i dislike in a perfume.

mymlan
mymlan

Ysatis Iris strong, round and even if it starts as a happy floral it deepens and matures in the most pleasant way after a while on skin. Main notes are Tuberose, iris, violet and blackcurrant and just a mote of patchouli to add some depht. The fruits are so well blended in to the fragrance that they just add some freshness to the composition. well, the blackcurrant is detectable though. I think it will work very well as both a day and night scent. Well done Givenchy.

e9rul7
e9rul7

so luxurious!!! it smells expensive and is a lovely iris scent! not harsh nor oppulent! i wish the tuberose was a bit lighter in the first 10min.
love it!!!!i use it only on special occasions

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

This smells soo good! i love it!!!

glitteralex
glitteralex

A real success. Based on the purple packaging, I thought this would either contain a fruity mess, or it would be true to the nature of real orris and simply be a richer, rounder Ysatis. This perfume actually manages to be both, in just the right ratios. more later....

Auguszta
Auguszta

This is such a lovely and underrated scent! Iris, tuberose, and violet stand out in particular, and there's something to my nose un-ID-able in there that makes this slightly powdery mix somewhat juicy and very jolly - must be the black currant. I always get in a good mood smelling or wearing it.
Based solely on the scent itself, I would never have guessed this was a flanker to the original Ysatis, which is a soapy, some may say 'dated' powerhouse of a scent. There's nothing dated about Ysatis Iris. It's fresh, lovely and feminine, a scent that will make you smile. Sillage is just fine (noticeable but won't kill anybody), the lasting power is excellent.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Well, Ysatis Iris maybe isn't original Ysatis little sister, but it's child. Where the original is so spicy and animalistic, this is very flowery. Strong and flowery, no perfume with name Ysatis on it coudn't be light. There's not much common with the original, only in basenotes you can get some similarities.This is headspinning powdery iris with tuberose, opulent and rich. And sure better for evening than everyday. I like it.

jeca
jeca

It is very beautiful and luxurious floral classic ;o) For evening and special occasions

2007

Ysatis Iris by Givenchy 3.82 out of 5 based on 60 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Givenchy Ysatis Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Givenchy Ysatis Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ysatis Iris by Givenchy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ysatis Iris by Givenchy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.