Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Honeymoon Gloria Vanderbilt for women

Honeymoon Gloria Vanderbilt for women
dislike

Honeymoon Gloria Vanderbilt for women Pictures Honeymoon Gloria Vanderbilt for women Pictures

Honeymoon by Gloria Vanderbilt is launched in 1996 as a romantic, attractive and flowery fragrance that contains notes of lavender, jasmine, rose, carnation, lily of the valley, cedar, tonka bean, musk and sandalwood.

Lavender Musk Carnation Jasmine Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Tonka Bean Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Twilight Woods

Sandalwood

Virginia Cedar Wood

Tonka Bean

Musk

I thought with a name like Honeymoon it would smell of a romantic floral bouquet for women, specifically newly married ladies!

If this is a fragrance to wear to your honeymoon, please save your husband a headache and apply lightly, sparingly. This is an exquisite aroma with a decidedly unisex body. So if you're a male who likes to gender bend or is smart enough to identify either women's fragrances or men's frags as unisex, this is for you. It's got something for everyone.

Honeymoon is soft, subtle, musky, floral and woodsy. A well composed, if linear, scent. I wasn't thrilled or blown away by it but it's pleasant and warm.

The lavender & musk is a combination that always works. I love how spicy and warm, and comfy it can get. You know what it smells like? Picture a honeymoon suite in a posh New York City boutique hotel the 1970's: leather sofas, waterbed, wooden furniture, simple, carnations on a bowl, and the room & bedsheets smells of lavender. This throws out an aromatic chemical "room spray" vibe. Not bad though.

Throw in some spiced up leafy carnations, jasmines and lily of the valley and you get enough green floral and aromatic herbal scents to satisfy your floral itch.

There is a light vanilla scent but it's bigger on cedar wood at the dry down. I would say that the lavender and carnation are the stars, and this is mainly a floral musk. The musk in the very last part of the fragrance's performance is to really nice.

Cheap? No.

This is quite lovely and though the price itself is cheap the fragrance is not.

I still wear and enjoy Vanderbilt the original which is a drugstore classic but it smells so pretty! Honeymoon is an alternative to VANDERBILT the original debut fragrance which is heightened and conscious femininity, powdery and floral, whereas this scent is spicier, more glamorous, darker, unisex on account of the musk & woodsy tones. I can't believe this fragrance was one I'd missed out on for a number of years.

I found Honeymoon on ebay which has become the place for you to find the rarest of long forgotten discontinued treasures of perfumery. I definitely recommend it but don't purchase it blindly. After years of wearing and buying countless fragrance and becoming so familiar with the dance of scents in a fragrance, I can safely buy fragrances blindly without having tested them or smelled them. But if you are not used to wearing perfume, particularly floral musks, check it out first somehow by ordering a sample or asking if someone has this in their wardrobe and borrow it.

My mother loves this fragrance more than Vanderbilt and it smells great on her. I wear this as an evening cologne and Vanderbilt as a day time perfume.

Beautiful, elegant, a lavender and musk to die for.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Lush! Although there are no fruit notes listed I get a delicious creamy apricot/peach note at the start. I have to say I generally dislike fruity florals so I was surprised to detect this note and even more surprised that I love it!

This quickly gives way to a rich, very well blended and rather sweet white floral. Quite charming.

The sandalwood shows itself towards the end and it's nice quality stuff. The peach seems to make a reappearance too. Maybe it's some combination of the tonka and one of the flowers?

This is a warm, inviting and feminine fragrance. I tend to be all about the chypre, so loving this is quite a departure for me. Delightful!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Honeymoon feels creamy, soft and it possesses the most natural carnation note. I personally cannot find anything in my perfume wardrobe even remotely similar to Honeymoon.
Honeymoon is a lovely combination of an earlier mentioned carnation note, tonka, jasmine and sandalwood making it a perfect juice within its own olfactory group.
Lasting power and silage are decent, even though it only comes as an Eau De Toilette concentration.
Perfect spring/summer fragrance; in my opinion, it will appeal to L'Instant De Guerlain and Kenzo Flower lovers. For some reason it feels like a quality mixture of the two :-)
The name of the fragrance matches the fragrance itself perfectly; Honeymoon is a cuddly, romantic juice, perfect for an evening for two, a dinner with candles and Nat King Cole ballads in the background.
I hope it will never get discontinued and it is a shame that it's been already quite difficult to find :-(

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

Oh my, Nostalgia,
I remember this perfume from when I was 15.
One of the first real perfumes I ever had. I remember my best friend bought it for me for christmas. A lot of sweet memories. I used to love the scent back then, so sweet and flower like. I wonder if I would still like it, I haven't smelled this since 1999 or so.

lucifera
lucifera

i tried it quite a few times in a drugstore and it's quite different from her first (imo old lady) perfume! more aimed to younger public, shame i didn't bought it! smells quite unique too, i haven't smelled any other perfume that reminded me of honeymoon :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gloria Vanderbilt Honeymoon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gloria Vanderbilt Honeymoon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Honeymoon by Gloria Vanderbilt. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Honeymoon by Gloria Vanderbilt represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.