Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

V Gloria Vanderbilt for women

V Gloria Vanderbilt for women
dislike

honey

V by Gloria Vanderbilt is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. V was launched in 1994. Top notes are fruits, floral notes and citruses; middle notes are water lily and honey; base note is woody notes.

Fruits Floral Notes Citruses

Water Lily Honey

Woody Notes

V Fragrance Reviews

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

I gave this a few tries when it came out (90's), but it was too discordant and odd to befriend.

The sensation (not the actual smell) of wearing this reminds me of a very old afghan my grandmother made-- thick yarn but so loopy (literally) you would get hot and cold at the same time.

Now, looking at the notes of V, it makes sense. That odd pairing of honey (warm) with the airy coolness of the water lily with very little to link them--Holy Afghan, Batman!

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

I do have a vague memory from the 90's it reminded me of cooked red cherries. A smell I always liked... I understand the reference of beer... I found some on eBay for cheap along with some other 90's nose memories... I'll give it a try. I have no idea if its a smell I'd like to wear now... But just for the flashback I'm going for it!
---------

Update! I finally got a bunch of "retro" 1990's pop pharmacy perfumes that I remember from my teenage years. ( I wish I could find Tribe by Coty again! )
V was among them. I did recognized it as soon as I sniffed it : Cooked red cherries! I made my husband sniff too and he agreed (he is not a perfume guy). It's also a bit sweet for my taste, but I really love the cooked red cherries smell, so, I might feel like it someday! I used to dislike popular perfumes in the 90's, but I guess now that I dislike even more the current popular ones, I love them again for the nostalgia....

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is a very weird floral fragrance. I agree with the beer thing. However, give it a few minutes or so and it becomes this gorgeous champagne-y floral that is so fresh and uplifting.

I will wear it. I just can't shrug the feeling that it kinda reminds me of being at the dentist's clinic. It is really weird but not bad at all.

lickthetins
lickthetins

a cheerful citrus. loud and obnoxious, absolutely nothing softens the explosion of top notes. I haven't smelled this in 20 years, but I can still remember its desperation.

chix
chix

I found the notes listed on another site:
essences of freesia, mandarin and jasmine. Blended with notes of ylang-ylang,amber and sandalwood. The sillage & longevity are moderate.
I agree it does smell a bit like beer. = (

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

To me it is a bit mossy, honey in the middle and some light flower on top. Not so bad.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

It's a strange scent...bitter, flowery, citrusy at the same time. I agree with falovalo, it does smell a little like beer. I guess it does not agree with my chemistry.

secretcrush
secretcrush

this was my 1st perume ever!!! I remember it being in love w/ it around 10 years ago... Its fruity(citrus) and floral w/ some sort of depth in there... Wish the notes were listed here =(

falovalo
falovalo

I had this in middle school, and I thought it smelled a bit like beer... not good!

V by Gloria Vanderbilt 3.45 out of 5 based on 34 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gloria Vanderbilt V fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gloria Vanderbilt V, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify V by Gloria Vanderbilt. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of V by Gloria Vanderbilt represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.