Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Vanderbilt Gloria Vanderbilt for women

Vanderbilt Gloria Vanderbilt for women
dislike

Vanderbilt Gloria Vanderbilt for women Videos Vanderbilt Gloria Vanderbilt for women Videos
Vanderbilt Gloria Vanderbilt for women Pictures

This perfume is named after the famous American painter, Gloria Laura Vanderbilt. It can be described as a feminine and classical fragrance. The composition starts of casually, light and fresh, including aldehydes, bergamot, green notes, neroli and pineapple. The classical floral heart is composed of jasmine, orange blossom, rose, tuberose and ylang-ylang. Oriental base includes cinnamon notes, civet, musk, opoponax, vetiver, sandalwood and vanilla. Sophia Grojsman created the perfume in 1982.

Aldehydes Pineapple Orange Blossom Lavender Green Notes Bergamot

Vanderbilt Fragrance Reviews

Fonna2
Fonna2

Mmmmm, just delicious.
A mature sweetness. A floral complexity. It is almost edible, but not in a gourmand way. It smells like the drink of the goddesses.
I've always loved this fragrance since it first came out.

It says, "this is a lady"
Compliments? Yes, but you must use a light hand with it, or you will surely overpower the entire room.

It's all floral to me. No fruit, no vanilla. It's a real perfume.

tia t
tia t

im 31 and i wore this when i was 12. i would work for $5 an hour on the weekends from that age and would always get this frag. it reminds me of my youth and in particular- winter nights in my youth. i will never grow tired of this scent and i believe it has always been such a staple in my perfume wardrobe which is great as it is always such value now. when i was younger it was far more expensive

Wistfulmaiden

Madam above felt the need to send me a private message which once again proves she must have the last say:) No darling I will not "Bite You" I am used to cutting down much bigger fish than you now shut up and leave us all in peace.

Over and Out!

Wistfulmaiden,

Clearly you insist on having the last say :) There is a difference between voicing your opinion which everyone should have the right to do and voicing comments which are rude and frankly uneducated and then when you are called out for such comments you continue to needle at people.

Some of us have been enjoying fragrantica for a very long time and with respect to you, we don't need a lecture from you on how to have a better sense of humour or to just lighten up. That is the sort of thing someone says to basically have the last say. You don't like the fact that people have had a gut full of the rude comments and many of us can express ourselves assertively without your approval or permission you feel you have got to have something to say no matter what!

Can I suggest that it is you who needs to learn when to call it quits:)

Sorry people I know this is not a review but I cannot stand when people come out with all guns blazing and then try to make out they were "Just saying" at least if you are going to be rude to people admit you have done so.

Buriramtourakom
Buriramtourakom

When other reviewers refer to this as an 'old lady scent', I wonder whether that is down to a combination of the strong, instinctive connection between scent and memory, and the powderiness of this scent. I have a bottle, and have tried to wear it once or twice, but just can't persist. Both of my grandmothers wore Vanderbilt, and when I smell it, I think of my grandmothers' hugs, my grandmothers dressing up for special occasions, my grandmothers' dressing tables with brush and mirror sets. It is also so powdery, I think of my grandmothers' bathroom cabinets, filled with talc and hairspray.

For those who don't have a similar association, this may well be a beautiful scent, but I just cannot get past the place Vanderbilt has in my memories of my wonderful grandmothers.

jb
jb

So, many reviews here refer to what is commonly called "an old lady smell". I would like to add my 2 cents to this dicussion. Is it possible that these older women are wearing a beloved fragrance that has slowly turned over the years, and they haven't noticed due to familiarity or decline in their sense of smell? I have 2 bottles of Vanderbilt. One has turned and has that "old lady smell". The second is still fresh and flowery. Alternatively, traditional French perfumes tend to have a headiness to them that could be misinterpreted as dated or "old ladyish" by someone not well versed in perfumery. It took time for me to understand the beauty of Mitsouko and Chamade. So, my perfume loving friends, let us share our love and knowledge with those who are beginning their voyage into the world of scent and beauty!

miahreis

First off, I'm in agreement with the people that are offended by calling a fragrance "Old Lady." If you think about it how does an old lady smell? If you say like a nursing home, no a nursing home smells like a nursing home, etc. I feel elderly ladies who wear perfumes have been wearing a fragrance for many years, why? Because they love it, and it's a beautiful, quality perfume. Some have been wearing it since they were YOUNG. yes, it's true! There was a time where a 20 something would wear Youth Dew, Chanel No 5, White Diamonds and Emeraud. I myself will be 26 tomorrow (happy birthday to me lol) and I love wearing classic fragrances that girls my age wouldn't dare touch. And guess what? My boyfriend loves them on me, even Youth Dew, and most girls my age make a face every time they smell it lol All I'm saying is that a fragrance on an elderly person has mixed with her chemistry for a unique smell; just give it a change and you'll be amazed as to how different it smells on you, and how lovely! :)

Elenose
Elenose

To all the teen girl that think that justin bieber is also a maître parfumer better than guerlain, and think that gloria vanderbilt is worn over the 70... No its better shut up, cause i'm an old lady, i'm 35 years old and I KNOW when it's better shut my mouth..

twolmichelle

To WISTFULMAIDEN: You don't get it. If someone said a frag reminded them of "older women" in the manner you are saying it, there would be little to take offense at. They would not be labeling you in the same way. But when the comment are "old lady" (in today's vernacular THIS IS A VERY NEGATIVE TERM), and the associated wording with old lady is "yech, gross, dirty, nursing home smell, OBVIOUSLY THIS IS A NEGATIVE ASSOCIATION!!! Please don't defend these commentors because you are young yourself. When people mature and have lived a bit they have a wider view of the world and have less of a tendancy to be childish, make blanket statements and jump to conclusions. If a person can't refrain from insults, then you are indeed TOO IMMATURE to participate on this site. I stick to my original statement! Lumping everyone into a category because of their tastes is not only derogatory, IT IS DISCRIMINATION. It's no different than if I said, "oh that smells like a black person, gross, I don't like it!" Do you comprehend what I am saying? Your attempt to defend such behavior disturbs me. And it certainly has nothing at all to do with benign perfume reviews because it just doesn't pertain to the subject matter. It's a blatant attack on women "of a certain age", and it need to stop! One thing us "old ladies" of the 1960's know is to take a stand against injustice no matter where it occurs!!!

twolmichelle

Hats off to "takeasniff"! What an intelligent, insiteful woman you are! You perfectly described the "old lady" situation that exists here. I am so insulted by these ignorant young women..incredibly rude and narrow-minded. Anyone who is over 50 is a victim of their cruel intollerance for A NATURAL PROCESS THAT EVERY HUMAN BEING GOES THROUGH, and as you say, THEY WILL HAVE THEIR TURN TOO! This means you, KAELANLOVESPERFUME, you are too young (18) and inexperienced to leave comments on this blog. You aren't well versed in the science of scent and how it differs from person to person; you just make assumptions and declarations as if they were true for everyone. If enough of us insist on good manners, maybe we can change things on Fragrantica. Can't these people behave themselves and control their obnoxious comments? Anyway, Gloria Vanderbilt is an early version of the floral/fruit fragrances that prevail in today's market. It's sweet white flowers, pineapple and fresh powder (by the way, what the hell is so bad about powder and soap? From the comments on this website you'd think they were pee and gasoline! Constantly hearing comments that refer to these benign scents as if they were poison. How ridiculous!) Gloria can be worn day or evening, has great staying power and sillage, so adjust accordingly. It is womanly, gracious and soothing. I find no "cheapness" in this frag whatsoever. WEAR IT IF YOU LIKE IT AND NEVER LET ANYONE MAKE THE NASTY COMMENT THAT IT SMELLS LIKE AN OLD LADY, AS IF THAT IS SOMETHING DESPICABLE. If anyone said that to me, they would certainly get an earful! I'd rather be an old lady than a young obnoxious fool!!!

mymlan
mymlan

I bought Vanderbilt because of the tuberose, but what I smell is vanilla, powdery iris and carnations under a small cloud of polite aldehydes. There is a subtle warmth too from the cinnamon. Actually I find it to be a more restrained Dolce Gabbana Pour Femme (the old red cap one) like it's Gabbana's older, more responsible and chaste sister. I'm not sure if I will be able to finish this huge bottle but so far I have a spritz every day and I like it a lot. It's very comforting somehow. A classy and wonderful fragrance.

krmarich
krmarich

I discovered a box distributed by Cosmair, INC. in the original lavender box with the white lines around it. L'Oreal has done a disservice to this once revered creation.

Looking back to 1982, when it was released, GV was already established in retail circles with those classic designer jeans. The perfume defined how a delicate, graceful and feminine woman would smell. I remember coworkers, classmates and my sister wearing this. Unlike the powerhouse offerings that were evolving, Vanderbilt was polite, yet opulent. This was the time of the American designer. Celebrity talent was about the artist's signature and not how many bad pop song you sell...

This is a classic white floriental that reminds me of Oscar. Tuberose is done well here and merges with the jasmine and neroli. Eventually you arrive at the soft white rose and iris that gives its powdery elegance. Its warm, deep foundation of civet, musk, sandalwood and resins lend a sensual/tactile warmth.

Sophia Grosjman created her best work IMO. Paris, Tresor and White Diamond may have sold more bottles, yet perfume isn't a marketing completion. That attitude has brought us where we are today.

Vanderbilt felt more 1970s era yet was popularized and marketed in the BIG 80s. The were plenty of ugly ducklings being hatched around her,(I wont drop names), yet Vanderbilt was the only swan on the lake. If you can, rediscover an original bottle to understand this review.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

Im 21 and i love this perfume! I checked it out at my local rite-aid and found a 15ml bottle for $15. Ive never smelled it before that, but i sprayed it on my shirt and left. After a while it turned into something beautiful that i couldnt believe, it is sweet like others are saying. Its sweet, floral (im getting the ylang-ylang and other florals) and i get the vanilla & musk at the same time. The combination is brillant, i love it. Im not the best at describing perfumes, but thats how it smells to my nose. Its not too strong, although its very possible to over apply. It seemed to last through the day for me as well. I hate when perfumes disappear! Its great and i love it. Needless to say, i went back and bought it :)

reborn
reborn

If you want cheaper version of Royal Pavillion by Etro-here it is.I like so much RP but i dont have the money so i will satisfy my hungеr for white ,heavy ,musty white flowers with this one.I like it a lот.By the way in the middle and base fase i smell sweet lavender also.Such a beauty for such funny price!

sunseed
sunseed

"It's overly cheaply done" But are you serious??? Who can judge so about the very RETRO perfum that is STILL being sold successfully all over the world??? It is, finally, silly a bit. You may say you personally hate it, but for the God's love, Vanderbilt is absolute CLASSIC for more than 30 years. And after that, iIf one doesn't like "cheap" scents WHY to go and buy them? Vanderbilt doesn't really cost too much... Which is great for us, its lovers.

Jellybean
Jellybean

I purchased this as a blind buy, after reading notes from frangrantica first offcourse. The fact that it's named after a famous painter, vintage florals,...didn't really do it for me. It's too strong, aldelhydic vintage floral. It's overly cheaply done. Tuberose is overpowering and add carnation, it's whole lot I cannot bear. This is a mature old fashioned scent, floral, aldehydes, soapy and strrrrooooong. Good price thou if you want to check it out.

incrediblemelk

Just wanted to add that the more I wear this perfume the more I enjoy it. Last night I sprayed some on before I went to bed, which I never normally do. Maybe it's because I have the EDT, but I'm not finding it as strong as people have warned, so I'm applying more liberally. It's so warm and comforting.

For me it's not a glamour perfume that you put on when you want to feel sophisticated; it's a comfort perfume for when you want to feel secure. I have to admit that I do find it kind of daggy – neither 'classic' nor 'contemporary' – but I just like it, and feel good when I'm wearing it, and surely that's why we all wear perfume.

incrediblemelk

I always enjoy the week after Mother's Day because you often find perfume on sale! I bought 15ml of this from my local supermarket for $7.50 because I wanted to try something I wouldn't normally choose.

At the beginning I get a tiny fizz of aldehydes (as much fizziness as you'd get from an open then resealed bottle of soft drink). Nowhere near as aggressively fizzy as Sophia Grojsman's other creation, White Linen by Estée Lauder. On me it disappeared quite early and I get a sweet and powdery scent like carnations and jasmine, with a warm undertone. I can smell the pineapple in the bottle but it doesn't seem to make it onto my skin.

It's not sweet in the gourmand, fruity way that many contemporary perfumes are sweet, but it's still one of the sweetest perfumes I own (maybe April Violets by Yardley is sweeter). It smells old-fashioned but not in the complex, 'expensive-smelling' way that 20th-century classics do, and not in a way that immediately dates it to a decade, though if I smelled it without knowing what it was I might say it was a '70s perfume. It's not as aggressively floriental as many '80s and '90s perfumes.

It also doesn't seem as loud and overwhelming, sillage-wise, as people often report. I can't smell it on myself, really, without sniffing my wrist. But that could be because I considered myself warned and used it quite sparingly. I only just put it on about half an hour ago so we'll see how long it wears.

I think I'll wear this in autumn and winter when I want a 'warm', comforting feeling.

raluca_am
raluca_am

I always get "smells like candy" reactions when I'm wearing it. :) I wear it when I don't feel like wearing any fragrance. It turns into a cozy veil, very comforting. Don't let the small price trick you, give it a chance! Sophia Grojsman also created Bvlgari, Tresor, CK Eternity, and many fragrances for Lalique and YSL, over the years.

Soie
Soie

Firstly I want to say that I don't let the "Old Lady" and "Grandma" remarks regarding certain types of fragrances bother me all that much. Sometimes these descriptors might actually pique my interest in trying a particular fragrance, as it hints at the possibility that the fragrance might offer character as well as sillage & longevity.

This said, Gloria Vanderbilt is a wonderful fragrance: smoothly vanillic; mildly aldehydic, powdery & animalic; with hints of spice from notes of carnation and cinnamon; has rich but not overblown floralcy from tuberose, ylang ylang, jasmine & orris; and ends ith basenotes of warm sandalwood, opponax and a hint of vetiver.

It is mild, comforting and feminine, and though it does not deserve to be so cheaply priced, I most definitely am glad that it is, and that it also is still easily found where I am.

L'Homme Vert
L'Homme Vert

This enduring white floral by Gloria Vanderbilt never ceases to amaze with it's slightly fruity opening of pineapple and orange flower followed by a drydown of the cleanest of white florals jasmine, rose, tuberose & neroli bolstered constantly throughout with a hefty dollop of civet & vanilla, the balance of these elements being in perfect harmony at all times finishing with a warm base of sandal, musk & opoponax. Eau de parfum strength was my fave for 'Vanderbilt' sadly this too is almost impossible to find now, I recently had the good fortune to pick up a few flacon's of the extremely rare vintage parfum online, just as I remembered although the civet very much packs a punch in this stronger concentration (quite animalic), if you have the chance do grab a bottle or two as it will never pass this way again, the latest formulation of the eau de toilette is passable, as they say "better than nothing at all" Other fragrances similar to Vanderbilt IMO are 'IO' by La Perla, Madame Rochas & Liz Taylor's 'White Diamonds', also a great and affordable option to Van Cleef's 'First' & 'Oscar' de Oscar de la Renta. The pure parfum is Made in France, lovers of vintage white floral's should search for this beauty while it's still available, exceptional quality indeed for this 1980's shoulder-padded classic !
Bon Chance. . .

takeasniff

Well I have something to get off my chest here as per usual:) Sorry but I can't help it. Firstly, when has being a mature women become "Granny", "Old Lady"? Would you not look at these women and think I wish I was sophisticated like that or, I wish I was as confident as that. Women like Sophia Lauren, Elizabeth Taylor, Madonna no they are considered "Old Lady" and to wear their perfumes is something to be embarrassed of in case you come across as "Old Lady";( This is sad because it is women who usually are guilty of throwing this label around unfortunately for them one thing is certain they will be that age one day and I wonder what they will think then? Some of you who make that comment are considered old lady by women younger than you so around it goes. I know this perfume is not an Elizabeth Taylor perfume but a lot of the perfumes from this era are discussed in this manner and it is disappointing to say the least.

Todays perfumes seem to be designed to sit on the skin and smell vaguely of flowers, water or fruit salad or cupcakes. Women have become too afraid to wear something with any personality to it and all this not wanting to offend anyone. The amount of times I have got a whiff of B.O on people these days I am not sure what is worse! We have become too impatient with perfume we don't want to have to wait for the dry down or have the skin chemistry to match we just want to buy it, have everyone love the smell on us and our boyfriends or husbands fall weak at the knees the minute they smell us. It doesn't work like that. Perfume is individual and needs to suit your skin chemistry and takes time to develop.

If you have just sprayed it and your husband or boyfriend or friend doesn't like it maybe it was just that stage of the perfume, give it a chance before you say it is no good. Unfortunately for people my age 36, we can seldom wear these perfumes from this era successfully because our grandparent's and parent's wore it so when our boyfriends or husbands smell it, it reminds them too much of their Grandma or Mother not really the effect you want ;) I must admit it is difficult you love the smell but it causes too many different reactions. I think we are too used to todays perfumes we have lost the ability to appreciate a strong perfume and how to wear it best. I don't mind that people feel uncomfortable in these perfumes but the constant "Old Lady" attitude is not only rude but such shame that women today view a certain age as being unable to be considered sexy or appealing. How many times does it have to be said? It is not about how old you are, it's your overall behaviour that people notice. I feel a little awkward with this perfume but I like the way it smells, I am happy with how I look and try to behave well toward others and just enjoy wearing it. I can definitely see the difference in quality of this perfume compared to todays perfumes I would wear if for that reason alone! At the end of the day if you are making the most of your appearance and have a good attitude and you have not drowned yourself in the perfume most times, people will think you smell nice it is you who worries too much, if you like it wear it just don't over apply I think that is what happens because once again we are used to todays perfumes which need to be sprayed so hard to notice them we don't realise when spraying these older ones that really 1 or 2 sprays is all you need :)

These perfumes from this era are not one hit wonders, flash in the pan flanker upon flanker or some celebrity trying to grab your cash they are designed for women to wear as a compliment to their personality and overall attitude. They can take several tries in several different situations before you can work out if they are for you. They have nothing to do with "Old" just a different style and different ingredients they don't suit everyone due to the ingredients so don't blame the perfume it may not suit your skin chemistry, it was never designed to be a crowd pleaser one size fits all celebrity perfume.

doormouse1
doormouse1

I wore this again today after a break of a few years. My, it is lovely.

It is sad that so many of the younger fragranticans take one sniff then shriek 'Old Lady Smell' and presumably give or throw it away.

Take a little advice from someone much, much older and hopefully wiser than you. Store this little beauty away somewhere cool and dark, and make her acquaintance again in five or ten years time.

Eventually you won't want to smell like a bag of sweets or dessert any more, and the pop stars so many of these fruity-sherbert juices are named after will be forgotten.

Tastes change with age. When you are ready for something a little more grown-up, try again.

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

One of my favorite perfumes. It's powdery, sweet and has tinges of wood. The sweetness stems from a wonderful combination of flowers and fruits. I also smell a hint of vanilla.

It makes me kind of sad to see that this is considered an old lady scent. I'm 23 and it smells surprisingly sweet on me. I have some other powdery perfumes as well, but Vanderbilt is the least powdery of them all. I think that's because of the fruit and floral combination that works sweetening and uplifting. I love it, it's classy, feminine, elegant and reminds me of vintage black and white Hollywood. At the same time this is a cozy comfort perfume for me.

This scent is really diverse too. It works as a both a daytime and night time scent. I personally prefer to wear it on cooler, sometimes windy days. I don't think it works very well for hot summer days, but then again I don't really like any powdery perfume for a hot day.

zzMaja
zzMaja

I used to love this and wore it quite often. Have not tried it in many years. If it is still around, I would definitely try it again. It is reasonably priced and you get a lot of character along with the softness of the musk and oris root.

piahellgren

I swear to god, had this been a new perfume now by Dsquared2 or Creed or Thierry Mugler and introduced with some clever marketing talk it would have all "in-the-know" running to the stores! It´s strong white floral and wood, powdery and with a good quality vanilla. It´s different than today´s standards, but since we´re at the moment are moving away from overly sweet fruity-florals and sweet patchoulis I think this smell could definitely pass as something NEW in 2014! The sweetness of the pineapple is here greatly balanced with the green notes, the rose is standing back for the tuberose and the dry-down is delicious cinnamon, vanilla, musk and warm sandalwood. My man, who is normally a fan of fruities and gourmands (nope, he could NOT buy me La Vie Est Belle!), really likes it on me.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

This is not my favourite, though its initial smell is good, very glamorous and powerful. It dries down to a rather sickly and strong spicy tone which I'm not crazy about. I've found this dry down base in other perfumes like Hugo Boss and DKNY and it does not over please me. I am using it as an everyday perfume for which it does quite nicely but I do not think would buy again. Acceptable but not really for me

beatrix75
beatrix75

stil i like!!!!Feminine strong excelent longevity

Pooja37
Pooja37

I'm delighted with Vanderbilt and surprised that the openning is so similar to Amarige - another floral masterpiece that I love.

Both are an acquired taste and need a light hand while spraying... end result - a delightful aura of precious tuberose with a powdery drydown, which I love.

Funny it's been described as old ladyish. I'm 41 and I wouldn't consider myself an old lady even if I were 81... or if I'm lucky 101!! To my mind age is a number and a state of mind.

The nose, on the other hand needs a certain level of maturity to enjoy the confidence that Vanderbilt projects and proclaims to the world.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

So cheap now, but not the worst one out there! It's warm and creamy - so if you're on a budget and want a big bottle; definitely get this over an impulse.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

This is how you´d expect Gloria herself to smell.
It´s one of the most exiting,rich,deep and embracing perfume in this price-range that I´ve met.

Just on the edge of being to loud and strong for people around you to handle (that we could thank the sandalwood & jasmine for, they made this to a pleaser!)
Lasts forever.

mhubbard
mhubbard

This is the powdery, sweet (but not gourmand) scent every woman my age(52) wore back in the day. How to describe? before I had any money, or knew anything at all about perfume, it smelled nice, and it was affordable. It was ladylike, practically Victorian,certainly not brash or sensual. I even had a boyfriend give me a bottle saying "this is you".

Things have evolved since then and this is probably too cloying for most daytime/work settings. Nor does it seems appropriate for evening or romantic wear.Not sophisticated enough. Do you work with pre-schoolers? Perhaps this is for you. Not to be snide. I don't hate this perfume, it just seems very dated.

PurpleMyst
PurpleMyst

I'm a little insulted that this is called an "old lady" smell. I'm in my twenties and I LOVE Vanderbilt. I always get compliments from both men and women when I where it and I can even still smell it on my coats and sweaters days later!

odie
odie

This is just so heavily powdery/floral that I think its from another era, possibly the eighties? The bottle lacks originality when compared with other perfumes and there are too many options in my view to stick with this one as a signature. To me its in the same category as "Lace." Ok but not fantastic. A safe and clean scent

SpringRain
SpringRain

I love the scent of this perfume. Not on me, but on my Mother. This is her all time favourite scent, her signature. A beautiful powdery floral. Whenever I smell it, I think of her.

kristine.maslova
kristine.maslova

It is the smell of my childhood, because it's my mother's favorite scent of all times.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

I think that every person interested in perfumes goes through different phases. First, it's "I like it/ I don't like it" then you start learning about notes, start recognising them, one by one, then you enter the phase when you appreciate novelties, something unique. I am in the phase where I am totally amazed by the mastery. And Grojsman is definitely a master of perfume's world.

Vanderbilt is dated, does not meet almost any modern criteria (incense, pepper, rose, oud trend) and is a heavy floral for some. To me, although I wouldn't wear it every day nor every week, this is what perfume is all about. It is feminine, powdery, motherly and embracing but, above all, so well made, well blended and smooth. My vintage mignon is in perfect shape and I will definitely dab some of it to my wrists in the future and enjoy this little piece of powdery heaven. I am not sure if newer versions are worthy but the original one is truly precious.

Ciocoladi
Ciocoladi

This my grandmother's signature.

Renata tang
Renata tang

So classic,and amazing for the low price. Good perfume mostly come from france

aryo
aryo

My mother really love this fragrance..
I like her smell when use this..

For mature 40s

Projection is good.. 4-5 h then 10h close to skin.. but some time i still smell more..

Good present for ur mom..

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

This is nice 80's strong fragrance very floral but a bit too strong & powdery for my olive complexion perhaps. I really don't enjoy powdery scents at all. But some ppl do. Swapped this out w a fellow Frangrantian! Hope she likes it!

Smaragdas
Smaragdas

It's an interesting fragrance, has a kind of dry smell, a very gentle woody note, I even smell powdery note better than white floral. Worth having

EvieEvie
EvieEvie

Quite heavy, better for evening. I wear it on day when I have some important meeting and I want to feel self-confident. I have it since I was a pre-teen, and buy it again and again.
Definitelly not for everybody, try on skin before buying - it changes quite a lot.

JaxTheMinx
JaxTheMinx

Blind bought a 100ml bottle a few weeks ago in to relive my childhood and in the hope that I could wear it. Sadly it smells like marshmallows on me for the first hour. Spritzed it twice. Happy to trade for a small bottle of something yummy. I am in South Africa but happy to use surface mail.
EDIT: I wish I could find a fragrance which is similar in the heavy powdery waft minus the marshmallow. I am not keen on fragrances that smell of toffee/caramel/marshallows/candy. I want the POWDER BOMB on this one minus the sweeties. Any suggestions?

rottannie
rottannie

Powdery carnation with very serious longevity and projection. It reminds me of the girl I work with. She always smells powdery, and looks like she straight time traveled from the 80's. Haha a little dated, but pretty enough nonetheless.

I remember this from a distant era. Many moms and school teachers used to wear it and they were not old at all.
It was a feminine, confort scent that wanted to scream "Lady here, serious yet sweet".
And that was indeed, in spite of the fact that many wearers were innerly witches and not so sweet.
It's basically a powdery floral where lavender gives a very light edge of cleanliness, carnation is present and says "lady", the base generic mix of all musk-vanilla-vetyver-what's-so-over gives the powdered effect.
It smells like a mom in Japanese cartoons where they can go from lovely cake cooking with an apron decorated with apples to screaming with big ragy eyes and a spoon held like a weapon.
Sailor Moon's mom, LOL!
Sophia Grosjman was a genius of that time, because she created so many perfumes especially florals thatcould be worn with ease and so conjured up a typical imagery, like Lancome Tresor, not so distant from Gloria Vanderbilt.
Still quite low-budget, affordable, vaguely frilly, vaguely rich, but unfortunately the EdT is watered down and so it's less rich and longlasting with a less distinct smell of carnation.
It doesn't smell old in the silly "old lady stuff" way rather old school times.
It's clean, safe, a little bit in the line of Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (which smells better IMO) and can be worn at any age, if we want to think that perfume has an age.
The only problem is that you can remind their moms, aunties and teachers to people around 30-40.
Well, it could be a strategy.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

I thought I didn t know how this one smelt like. It was, as far as I knew, "the" scent of a relatively distant era, yet my mother clearly didn't wear it (I would have remembered the bottle).
But after blindly purchasing it, I remembered: random elegant strangers in the street, beige trenches, the scary authority of kindergarden teachers and nurses :). It's OK-ish, pleasant, I get cinnamon and honey and it reminds me of another vintage I accidentaly stumbled upon last winter, Priscilla Presley's Moments (those Aldehydes, I reckon). Cheap, safe, definitely "classic on a budget". I don't expect men my age (mid 20s) to be swept off their feet though.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

ive bought a 100 ml bottle..............uum.yes
ok WOW. what a perfume. i like the way its strong and long lasting, but it really smells like an old lady,BUT i think you can wear it if your young aswell if you only spray one spray, usually i spray like six times with my regular perfumes, but that is impossible with this perfume! its SOOOO HEAVY!

mereltje
mereltje

I always reminded me GV as an old, sweet, heavy grandmothers perfume and I hated it. I thought it was nothing for me and when someone passed me who was wearing this perfume I thought ...YUCK!
I am honest, and I hope you won't Judge me for that. Now I am older (MUCH older!) and today I was at the store the Action, an I thought : why don't I give it a try? I sprayed it on, only one spray. Mmmmm, that's not that bad...Not bad at all...It does smell sweet, I can smell the tuberose, vanilla, aldehydes. Lovely!
And Yeah! I bought a 100 ml bottle for a very small price. That makes it also nice: the price. Worth to give it a try. And it strong; it has a great
stayingpower! Maby I am grown up now (at least!) for this perfume, it's a classical lady scent.

Elisa S
Elisa S

My mother used to wear this when I was a child, which of course influences my impression of the scent now. But I still think it smells like a warm and comfortable hug. Feminine, caring, gentle, but strong. It is a sweet, powdery and slightly spicy and balmy white floral bouquet.

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

One of my favourites, absolutely beautiful. Sophisticated and feminine and soft yet rich with substance. An absolute bargain for a perfume of this quality.

sandra9
sandra9

I just love it. It's great for a busy day,it's long-lasting and I don't know what it is but it makes me feel so elegant although I can be in my sweatpants.It's a classic!

Pasaka
Pasaka

The smell is ok. At first i liked it maybe because i was mainly smelling pineapples and something sweet. Yesterday sprayed it in the room and my bf was disgusted by this frag. I was embarrassed to admit that it was 'this beautiful creation' which i sprayed all over the place. So girls, if you want to buy IT for yourselves please try smth else cause guys hate it!!!

nchalabi
nchalabi

Amazing Fragrance!!! At first, I was hesitant to try this one. I have a huge collection of scents, which consists mostly of high end fragrances and really wanted to add to it something new. When I saw it in the store, I thought that the bottle was way too tacky. I was buying a completely different perfume and I saw that this one was really cheap. I thought I could give it a try and if all goes wrong, I can still use it as an air refreshener. Guess what?! I fell in love with it. The lasting power is amazing and it is much better than most of the high-end perfumes produced today. I loved it so much that as soon as I came home, I ordered a second bottle, in case if they decide to discontinue it.

biki

P.S. Longevity is amaaazing on me.

biki

Had been in ma wish list until yesterday. Got it from ma mother's colleague who travelled somewhere. Floral for sure but too strong for me. It is not repulsive but not attractive either in my books. I guess i need something smoother and more feminin. However, i am sure many would like it, there are many aspects that wil be loveable for the people with whose personality and preferences it matches. This is not a random mixture, this perfume knows what it wants to say and how it wants to express it,it is just that we do not speak the same language. travelled

piahellgren

The green notes and the sparkling aldehydes in the opening can seem a bit blunt, too direct, but they quickly start dancing together with the awesome jasmin and the very pretty orange blossom. Orange blossom sometimes is to much for me, it gets cloying, almost putrid, but here it just softens the intense and a LITTLE bit screechy start. The full scent has developed into a stunning vanilla (and this is rare!), vetiver and musk smell that is very warm, comforting, but still has kept the sassiness from the opening. I am not trained to detect cinnamon (or rather not used to it in fragrances), but I am sure it adds to this scent´s lovelieness. I so like the fact that it is lovely and yet interesting! And sharp AND soft. This, I find to be a combination in all the scents that I love rather than just like. And to me that is usually a chypre quality. Couldn´t this be a chypre oriental? Or is that just an impossibility in the world of scents?

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I was not sure what to expect of this fragrance. A fragrance with so many floral notes, born in the 80's--I expected to have my socks knocked off by tuberose.

Instead, I got a dainty floral opening followed by a long, drawn out vanilla kiss. It was very pleasant. The vanilla is sweet, but not the caramel-vanilla-dessert fragrance that a modern vanilla often is; it was a floral-vanilla, very pretty.

I didnt differentiate any specific floral notes (probably my ignorant nose), but enjoyed this sample decant more than I expected, which is always a pleasant surprise. Sillage is modest, longevity about 4 hours before it's just the barest hint left.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Oh my Oh my Oh my! This doesn't smell the way it used to, but oh how I love it! I dont like the opening, a blast of indolic synthetic tubrose, or the middle, but the drydown, oh my! The drydown is a lovely vintage glamorous face powder, old hollywood makeup style. I really don't remember the drydown being this good. It is such a lovely delicate face powder. Exquisite. It makes me think of Katherine Hepburn's sweet innocent character Alice Adams in the movie with the same name, where she is anticipating her date with the dashing, handsome, sophisticated Arthur Russell, played by Fred McMurray,and she is powdering her nose with a tiny delicate swansdown puff...this is what it smells like to me.

I am so glad I gave this one a better chance today at the perfume counter, I am so loving this right now...another glamorous sexy old style bedroom scent my hubby loves!
Iv'e always loved this Sophia Grosjman creation...even more now

anthonyrj
anthonyrj

I've not smelled the recent formula, but my mother wore this back in the 80's and I love that fragrance. I recently smelled a full vintage bottle that she had in a drawer and never opened(in the original box) and it is just as lovely as I remember. I don't know what the new stuff smells like, but the juice from the early/mid 80's is heaven to my nose.

I've only tried the vintage version. The tuberose and "dirty" jasmine are obvious, and it's got a dry, wood-like quality that is presumably mostly due to sandalwood. It's rather blended otherwise, coming across as creamy, and actually has a turnip kind of odor if you smell it up close on the skin! I don't find it especially pleasant but it is at least somewhat distinctive. Worth sampling if you are seeking a "retro" vibe.

darksome
darksome

I think I tried the reformulated version, that my mother recieved as a gift a few years ago.

It indeed has a powdery majestic character, but for me it's just too strong, too balmy, too loud. It makes me feel like I'm licking a soap bar.

Nat205
Nat205

Received this as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law. Wasn't too sure about it, but willing to try. I haven't worn it out in public yet, but I find I like wearing it to bed. Find it very comforting, especially the powdery dry down.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I took this eau from my godmother's wardrobe when she past away. I can't really wear it unless I layer it with something else as I find the overdose of vanilla in the dry down too much and too sweet for me. I guess I miss some woods or some incense or myrrh to pull down such a powdery perfume. Having said that I must acknowledge the combo of tuberose and carnation wins my attention. As it can be found for almost nothing nowadays, 8e for a 100ml bottle, its is good for experimentations. I enjoy it when layered with korres fig or jasmine body butters, or yves rocher so elixir purple. To be used in small amounts and to be avoided in warm months.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Woo hoo! They don't make 'em like this any more. Full-on 80s power blast. I agree that most of the notes are more or less undistinguishable (well they are to me anyway). I do get the carnation, though.

I also agree that it's not top-notch, but it is decent quality and excellent value for the very low price.

Where I don't agree is that it smells old-fashioned. It seems to me that those big 80s powerhouses are coming right back into vogue and I don't see why Vanderbilt shouldn't tag right along with them.

By the way, if you like this then do try Honeymoon, also by GV. That one's a little unknown gem imo.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

I bought it as university student. It wasn't too expensive, it was not cheap. I liked its "classic" quality. Soon enough, everybody (and their cousin) wore it in the street car I was taking daily to get to school. Soon enough I stopped wearing it because my only association was sweaty, greasy handles of the old street car. Now I am looking forward to revisit the fragrance, without the burden of stuffy public transportation... :D :)

KJS88
KJS88

Maybe it is because I didn't live in that era, but I have no problems or bad associations with Vanderbilt, in fact, I think its pretty terrific. It doesn't smell cheap to me, in the slightest, it just smells good.

When I say good, I mean 'good' in the same way Cool Water for men smells 'good'. Not top-notch and certainly not haute-parfumerie or niche, but good.

Being a man who believes women's fragrances are designed to smell feminine (I don't play in to this new culture of abandoning gender distinctions--don't get me wrong, I don't disrespect those who do, but I do not believe that 'what is feminine' and 'what is masculine' are artificial constructions--those things that make men and women different are as old as recorded history itself, natural, and in my own view, necessary), I was shocked to think to myself 'hey, I could wear this!'

There is a certain familiarity to it. Not because my long-passed Oma wore it... And the lotion, and the deo, and the soap... But in terms of the underlying soft, powdery, balmy, rich floralcy. I see it (smell it, feel it) in the aftershaves and colognes of yesteryear: the rich sweet fougeres that Canoe and Brut USED to be; be powdery floral that Pinaud Lilac Vegetale is after the pungent and controversial opening it is often defined by.

I am familiar with the current more "watered-down"/reformulated version. I am also familiar with the older version. I don't think either are as heavy-hitting or sillage-y as some people hype Vanderbilt up to be.

This is tuberose in a way I can both handle and enjoy it. Soapy in a soft, warm way, powdery in an loveable, non-choking way, and floral, balmy, sweet, and warm in the most endearing of ways.

I use to very lightly mist my sheets, pillows, matress, and bedroom carpet, as I just cannot feel comfortable wearing it.

Slain
Slain

I'll always be lured to women that wear such a distinctive scent.

Why? I'm not sure to be honest, but very Freudian to say the least! Nothing reminds me more of big warm hugs from mum, than this!

Classic, bold, distinctive. Strong women seem to wear such scents.

Ladies - buy it. Nothing says sophisticated cougar like this does.
...that's a good thing ;)

Bandit
Bandit

Sometimes I sample a fume only to learn, that I already know the smell by heart. Vanderbilt is such a perfume. In Germany you get it cheap in every drugstore and that does two things: 1. You smell it often, 2. because it's cheap it gets overapplied.

It's not a horrible perfume, but it's mainly tuberose and for my liking tuberose needs to be dosed very lightly - at best the perfume itself serves a light tuberose (which V clearly does not). Than it can be nice.

Heavy tuberose on the other hand smells to my brain of middleaged ladies after their menopause. This is what Vanderbilt smells like imo.

Frankly, I would not give the advice to buy it. Some perfumes are really to mainstream to be wearable.

laurakaye
laurakaye

Oh Gloria Vanderbilt, with this very scent, I was armed and ready for the confusing and exciting days of high school. I'm sure I probably OD'd on you many times, but no one complained because we were all walking around under our own personal clouds of scent, like armor to face the day.

When I think of you, I remember best friends, school dances, who we liked, who we'd broken up with...all the really important stuff. I also remember a boy who was not a boyfriend - not really - who I'd write notes to, delivered per his request with a spritz of Gloria Vanderbilt (he, in turn, gave his return notes a spray of Polo). I was fiercely loyal to you until I discovered Lauren when I was a senior and decided I had no choice but to leave you behind. It was time to attempt small steps towards growing up...but you will always and forever have a place in my heart. I can close my eyes and smell you perfectly.

If I saw you on a shelf now that I am many years past high school, I'm not sure if I would pick you up and bring you home. Please don't be offended...you are just so firmly associated in my mind with a long-ago time. But I thank you so very, very much.

princesszaida
princesszaida

It smells "old-fashioned" in 2013. You have to have the right attitude to carry this one off. I've been wearing it for the past week or so, and I've only gotten 1 negative reaction. I mean, it's 1 more that I usually get, but ... whatever. I think it's lovely though. A very womanly, classic scent; as most of the reviews have said before me. Motherly and comforting. Extremely floral, it's not oriental on me. It also doesn't have good projection for me! But my skin is made of stainless steel or something, because it takes a REALLY strong perfume to have that wafting effect on me. Stayed for maybe 3-6 hours. Even though it stays close to my skin, I can't shake the "heaviness" of it.

I probably won't re-purchase it, but I like it and will use it up.

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

This amazing gem, smells nothing like the described notes! This perfume is complete love, compassion and comfort, all in one timeless looking bottle! This perfume is something your mother would wear when going out with your father, to the theatre. And when she came home to check on you while you were pretending to be asleep, and kiss you on the forehead before whispering “Goodnight”...would then glide out of the room leaving you feeling like you were floating in a cloud of warm marshmallows and lavender silk! This is the smell of waking up on a Sunday morning to your grandmother making pancakes covered in maple syrup and sprinkled in warm cinnamon that floats around the kitchen room...and as you open the door, hugs you softly before you take your seat! Laying in a tenderly, warm bed, on a cold winters morning, wearing your favourite pair of flannel pyjamas, wrapped up in your favourite bed covers, watching it rain outside and listening to the drops of pure, heavenly water making music as it dances over your bedroom window while a cup of hot cocoa sits on your bedside table, sprinkling it’s sweet smell of chocolate and winter snow over your face, as your eyes become sleepy!
Marshmallow, cinnamon, chocolate and honey is what this beautiful creation smells like and that’s also what it feels like when you wear it!
This is a mothers love to a child, a friendship for life between new found childhood friends and that special bond between a kid and their beloved pet!
Not a strong/big perfume at all. Very soft and musky but strong enough to fill the room you’re in, that more than one person will comment as you sit down on that beautiful scent they can smell!
Dry skin types can wear this for 3 to 5 hours.
While moist skin types can wear this for 2 to 3.
If you sweat (Say, from the gym) then you will need to reapply as it will be gone from your skin completely.
Not one of those perfumes that needs time for it to shine...it shines as soon as you spray it and before it’s even touched your skin! Stunning, from the first spray, to the last whisper on the skin! This will be a life long love, for anyone who tries it!

Clyn11
Clyn11

I bought this for $15 in Priceline here in Australia and I think it's great value for its quality. Lovers of JPG Classique, Chloe Love Intense, Escada Margaretha Ley, Estee Lauder Amber Ylang Ylang should look into this while waiting to afford your more expensive loves :) Sillage is very good and longevity is decent (4 hrs on me) but I don't mind reapplying often as it's affordable and the bottle is light enough to carry in my bag.

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

Vanderbilt was released while I was in junior high and immediately became *the* coveted fragrance for girls at my school. As a result, the scent literally wafted through the halls and will forever be linked in my memory to that stage in my life. Which is why I have a hard time thinking of it as a "mature" fragrance.

On me, the fragrance starts out with a burst of sweet flowers, along with something fresh and almost tangy. Which I assume are the bergamot, pineapple, and green notes. After it settles onto my skin, the carnation note brings something slightly spicy to the mix, and the eventual dry-down leaves me with something sweet, soft, powdery, and floral. The aldehydes are there from start to finish, but not in an overpowering way, in a down in the background kind of way. All in all I find it to be very feminine, but not cloying. It's one of the few very floral fragrances I can wear instead of having it wear me.

The bottle I currently own is an EDP from sometime in the 1990's, when it was a Christmas gift from my mother who remembered me loving the fragrance when I was younger. I kept it mostly for nostalgia, but am finding myself wearing it now and then these days when I want something different than my usual choices.

I have been meaning to pick up a small bottle of the EDT spray, since it's so inexpensive, to see how it compares to what I have now. Obviously it won't be the same, but who knows? I just might like it too.

truffles
truffles

Am newly in possession of a 100ml bottle of the EDT.
I remember sniffing this in the 80s and thinking it was quite nice but never madly wanting to acquire it.
Tried some on my wrist yesterday and was confused.
Grannypowder mixed with ..... Kouros aftershave (bleurch).
Was it just my 1980s nose/experience thinking this was 'nice' or has there been some drastic and horrid reformulation???

icingsugar
icingsugar

This is my aunties fragrance, she hasn't worn anything else since it came out, so she's been wearing it all my life and this just smells like her! Classy but playful, a little sweet and glamorous.

adair58
adair58

Very pretty, very feminine. A soft, spicy floral back in the day, the ones I have tested recently are not as smooth. Pretty bottle, though!

pickledtink
pickledtink

I've been wanting to add this to my collection for some time. Love the Bottle, the Swan, the fact that this is a well tested old school fragrance.

I think it's just that it simply does not work with my chemistry but it started loud and overwhelming. No pineapple, certainly not a snifter of sharp head clearing lavender. Nothing really but Aldehydes and a nose battering, eye watering floral belt which could have been anything but brought on streaming nose and eyes. Certainly not a reticent fragrance.

I wanted to love this, really. I don't care if a fragrance is simple, linear or clumsy in transition just smell nice please.
So I persevered:
By the time we were several hours in it got worse. Carnation - yes but rough rough rough. Likewise the other florals here. I was recoiling from my wrist like it had a hissing venomous serpent attached.

I stayed the course. I even went out. Maybe by this time I was paranoid but I got a wide eyed strange look from the checkout girl. Strangely the people before and after me at the till seemed to be very giving in the space department which is highly unusual in SE UK.
Now at the end I am left with a sore nose, the pong of cheap value brand Vanilla ice cream and if I wish upon a star etc and kid myself with all my might maybe just maybe a hint of cinnamon.
I couldn't be sorrier. Like a long anticipated blind date with a known rough diamond I didn't expect much but I was ready to be charmed.
In fact I feel like I've emerged from a war against my senses.
I'm looking forward to scrubbing it off and rewarding myself with a dab of one of my rare hoarded wonders.
I might even get the 1928 Soir de Paris out of it's cushioned cooler luxury apartment. Anybody who knows me would gasp. Sometimes I let people 'look' at the box and I have a dab on my birthday. Not that I'm obsessed ;-) but this is very serious.
Yes. It really was that bad.

Sadly GV et moi: we simply did not suit.

tourmali45
tourmali45

I love the carnation in the drydown here - so delicate and sofisticated. All the notes sing in this perfume, nothing is too much. Very classy staff, and I don't much care that it's labelled "old ladies joy" as I heard more than once. It's classy and has Quality stamped all over it.

Anywho
Anywho

Vanderbilt is just Vanderbilt and will always be in its unique way, unless they tinker with the formulation, of course, but so far they have not and I am extremely happy about it. It is a cleaned up, americanised sweet floral/oriental from another time that can still hold its head up high because it is heaps better than a lot of the scents that appear on the shelves these days and cost you an arm and a leg. Vanderbilt has medium sillage and decent longevity, and is absolutely user-friendly for all occasions when you are 25 and over.

DeborahLeigh
DeborahLeigh

Love it. My mother-in-law gave it to me for Christmas yesterday. (2012) This is only the second time she has given me perfume. A bottle of Tweed when I was 32 years old which I hated and never wore. Now I'm 51 years old and there's nothing to hate about this perfume if you like strong light very sweet fragrances, which I do. It's very feminine and soft. I suggest standing well back when giving the bottle a squirt, so you are only hit with a fine mist spraying, as it is very strong and overpowering if you use too much. Very long lasting, no need to reapply at all.

ION
ION

Reading the ingredients will only make you expect something more complex than what you actually get. "Gloria Vanderbilt" is a romantic, sweet and very feminine perfume with a retro quality. I don't find it quite as refined as other creations of the same perfumer but I like it enough. It has similarities to other fragrances of the time (red door is one of them) but I don't know which one came out first so it could be the other way round-not that it matters.
I'd be interested to see how Ms Grojsman would alter the composition today with the extra experience she has, the opening and the closing need some minor work in my opinion.
This is a perfume that women will buy for themselves, not for the others. The low price shouldn't hold you back.
Sillage and longevity are quite good, especially if you spray it on your clothes!

A note: a modern creation that somehow resembles it as a feeling and attitude is Gaultier's "Classique", I think.

caiomags
caiomags

This perfume is the most delicious thing in the world!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I always considered this as an 'old ladies smell'. But yesterday I gave it a try and I really like it now that I'm a bit more mature. It smells expensive and sexy. I smell a distinct flower, but I don't know what it is and I especially love the drydown: vanilla and woodsy. A great perfume and very cheap 7€ for 100ml. I love it.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

To me it smells like expensive lipstick , powder and something from 80th. I didn't have it back then, and more...my taste evoled since then anyway. The verdict is : to wear it once in a blue moon. Only because my memories wasn't tied to this smell back then, may be this statement is correct for this time...

julieanneh
julieanneh

Was looking for a perfume to gift to my mother and I tried this and really don't like it. Sorry don't like the rosy powder smell. It reminds me of grandmas and those drawliners that smell or potpourri.

Duffy

I am going to buy this.. i cant wait!!

Duffy

I smell alot of rose in this, it is a nice scent.. but when it dries its interesting it smells like baby powder with rose. 2 sprays is enough.. because its a verry strong perfume.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This has been around for years and years and shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Surely that's testament to its unwavering popularity. Can we call this a classic yet?

I think it's popularity lies mainly in the fact that it is a bit of affordable luxury and yet it doesn't smell cheap.

What I get from this is powdery floral, with a hint of subtle musk. I don't get any fruity notes as listed above, just white flowers, powder and a clean hint of musk.

If you like the sound of that then you've found a bargain for life. It's great for every day and office wear too.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I have a 30ml bottle of this up for swap. It has never been used. PM me if you want this!!!!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is a beautiful, feminine musky floral in the old world style slightly spicy, aldehydic in an Elnette hairspray way - actually reminds me a tad of an 80's gel spray very fresh topnote mixed with powdery and a tad musty (but in a good way) notes of vanilla and tuberose. To compare to other scents I would say this smells slightly like Margaretha Ley Escada (the pineapple and green notes) and a bit like the original chloe (beautifully musty powder and tube-rose) I also get a mix of Guy Laroche Fidji and L'air Du Temps (a slight tropically wet carnation note which is common of perfumes from this era). Note I have a vintage splash bottle so mine may smell a bit different to the current formulation. I would say if you are sitting on the fence about this one give it a go, it's pretty cheap and widely available. I have been wearing it a bit lately but have decided it's just not for me though as the hairspray note really heats up on me during the day - the same effect I get with Estee lovely but just not for me. At least it is long lasting!

rosembloom
rosembloom

Oh the lovely memories tied to this fume. I had this when I was 20 and loved it. I got so many compliments on it and would answer: oh, it's only Vanderbilt. But I love it more now than ever. It has this fresh note that reminds me of Clean scents, yet is distinctively warm and musky. I happen to notice that I love practically all of Sophia G.' s creations. Reading the reviews makes me want to purchase a bottle once more xxx

Kitty48
Kitty48

I thought I would try this one again after many years. I vaguely remember having it way back when it was first launched, but it wasn't anything like it is now!
Unlike some reviewers I didn't get any pineapple or vanilla, I did get a powderiness, musk and white flowers. OK, so it wasn't so bad at this stage, but as it dried down all that I had left was heavy joss sticks like an Eastern souk - and not in a good way.
All in all this is a very retro scent, old ladyish? possibly - but more hippyish that that.
I won't be keeping this one after all....

alchimia72

I don't agree with you kaelan Loves ecc. because my nose can distinctively detect pineapple, vanilla and tuberose. And as all old and strong fragrances, people must have enough personality to wear it. I use it, I am 40 years old and I don't feel like an old lady but I feel like a modern lady who wears old fragrance in a brilliant way!!!

derijcklee
derijcklee

oh ! lovely my cinnamon bar ! this scent is like that

Alexandre
Alexandre

It is simply beautiful. Many aldehydes with a vanilla aged. For those who appreciate classic perfume, is very vintage. I love the swan ...

Mariamaija Amélie
Mariamaija Amélie

This scent smells absolutely wonderful on my mother. It smells romantic and "clean" on her. I however cannot use it; it simply doesn't agree with my chemistry. Yet I do still really appreciate Vanderbilt's qualities on people who CAN wear it.

suhaesa
suhaesa

lots of jasmine..old school reminds me of dna..its not my favourite sort of perfume it gives me an anoying headache..but its not a bad perfume for those who love such intise floral scents its also similar to amirage from givonchy..

KateAnette
KateAnette

I found a 100ml bottle of Eau de Vanderbilt for 4,90e. Can't find the Eau on here, so i'll assume it's the EdT version of this perfume, with the same notes.

Wow, what a flashback! This is exactly like Escada Margaretha Ley on my skin! Escada was a long lost fave of mine, from a lifetime ago. I've been holding on to the last drops of my 20 year old Escada bottle, and this has been around all the time?? Duh :D.
As the bottle i have is EdT, i don't find it too strong, nor too 80's. It does have a retro vibe, the tuberose and ylang ylang standing out the most.
I find this one charming and old school, in a very good way.

chanchita
chanchita

A random discovery and very pleasant surprise!

Intially quite sharp and strong (many of my favourite perfumes have this rather unpleasant beginning, it's perhaps part of them being strong, complex and long lasting?). Soon it is tamed by my skin and turned into a sweet-ish, fresh, creamy concoction. Smelling my wrist half an hour in, it's floral (Tuberouse!) with yummy notes of Ylang Ylang and Vanilla, tempered by something animalistic and musky, which stops it becoming too sweet/old lady like. It's an enveloping, happy and sexy smell without screaming 'seductress of the night'! Fresh and warm at the same time.

I really love this frag. I do wish it came in a nicer bottle but quality at this low cost is rare and I'm happy to compromise on the bottle in this case!

joliecat
joliecat

The original formula of Vanderbilt is powdery, sweet floral, very nice. However, the current reformulated version has a nasty, bitter, burnt rubber smell that doesn't quite go away. If you try Vanderbilt, search for the original vintage version. Unfortunately, the reformulated version is awful....yet another example of synthetic ingredients that ruin the original beauty of a classic fragrance.

UPDATE: Thanks to a swap, I now have the current reformulation of Vanderbilt, in 100ml size. . Maybe the reformulation I had before was bad ? I don't know, but I'm happy that THIS one is so close to the original. It's still very strong silage, and has super lasting power. Just like the original, a little spray goes a long way !

Ladyofthe80s
Ladyofthe80s

Vanderbilt Extra Moisturizing Body Lotion is a really nice way to wear this fragrance. It is a lovely; mild perfume-based cream that you can lightly rub on your wrists as well as your neck and it is not overpowering at all. Its perfect. I found it at a local drug store and it comes in a purple colored perfume-shaped bottle. I used to wear the spray perfume back when it first came out. I also had the silky perfumed dusting powder that really did have a wonderfully silky texture, and it came with a puff in a beautiful purple container with a swan on it. (If you would purchase this powder on ebay you're looking to spend at least $69 or more.) I find the perfumed cream lotion to be a perfect balance of this fragrance, and I've received a lot of compliments when wearing it.

Musselille
Musselille

This reminds me of old times, childhood. Young, free and without any worries (my mom used to wear it, and does still wear it sometimes).

I'm sure I will start using this fragrance later in life when I am around 40-50 years, but until then I'm probably still too young. A wonderful scent that is very difficult to describe.

judyk
judyk

Not a review as such but...
I won a bottle of Vanderbilt in a Christmas raffle in the early 80's, and it's been my Christmas scent ever since!

akia vida
akia vida

wow... this one brings me back a long time ago.When they just invented the wheel and started to use fire :-).I was about 18 and used to have a set of this scent. The edt and bodylotion. I lused to layer it and all I remember is that it smelled powdery on me; sweet floral powder. I also remember the boyfriend I had back then loooved the scent on me.
I think I might try it once again just for a trip down memory lane.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I have a soft spot for old school drug store scents and I REALLY wanted to like this, but I don`t. I think it smells well done and more expensive than what it is, but it doesn`t make me like the scent.
It`s pure play doh on me , the whole thing from start to finish and it makes me a tad sick. That being said I would still recommend people give it a sniff to see for themselves, I can imagine this would smell great on some people (and would smell of spice and flowers and NOT pure play doh) and the price is excellent.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I think I used to have this long ago. I certainly remember what it smelled like. It is super sweet. Was never a favorite but I like sweet smells better now than I used to. May have to find this again.

fishmerised
fishmerised

When I was in my 20's I had a gift set and used to wear Vanderbilt layed with the lotion, powder and perfume. It smells a lot creamier that way and I received so many compliments and enquiries.

I have a bottle in my wardrobe but I use it rarely, it's still nice but I no longer find it "enchanting".

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

I have to say this smells high class! it is a little dated but the trick is to only use a tiny bit. Thats the trick with the heavier rich smelling more luxurious perfumes. They only smell bad if you wear too much or they dont mix with your body chemistry. Another trick is to take a little dab some onto a piece of cotton ball and wear it in a locket around your neck or as a bracelet charm! I guarentee you will smell amazing without smelling like a old woman. For me this fragrance is 25+ and is more suited for going out at night or to something fancy. it smells very Vintage chic! I like it! But if you wear too much people will want to punch you lol

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

Maybe it just doesn't agree with my chemistry. My mom used to wear it in the 90s, so I wanted to try it. I couldn't remember what it smelled like then. On me? It honestly smells like bergamot then root beer with no sweetness--for hours. I've tried it two days, and no dice. I don't like it at all. Gave this one to my daughter.

Lumiere

A man commented that it smells as cherry tobacco pipe.:) He was listening to this scent while I was sitting next to him on a coolish Saturday morning, and thinking about something...

It's on special again $9.00 for 100 ml! So I could not help to take it home, and before that, opened and sprayed on myself. It is 2 weeks since, but the jacket i wore than still smells of luxury. All my other perfumes have long faded, even though i applied and reapplied...For some reason, it is so comfortable and addictive, in this dull, full of flu and viruses snowless australian winter. Just thinking to go take a shower and spray some again, to give me mood lift. Unbeleivable i used to pay over $100 for other perfumes, which are but a shadow of Vanderbilt.

kiskionok
kiskionok

You may like it or not, but there's one thing you surely have to admit-this is a real perfume!
When freshly sprayed, it has a little bit of tobacco smell but after a short while it turns great. Maybe old-fashioned, but... great.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

When I wore Vanderbilt (to steal a line from West Side Story) I feel pretty- oh, so pretty! Vanderbilt is uber-feminine!

I've had Vanderbilt in my wardrobe since I was 11 years old. A classic!

This fragrance can be wore by a young girl just starting to experiment with perfumes to an older woman and any where in between.

Malibu
Malibu

UKers; Asda has this on clearance for £2.50 for 30ml...

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

It was born in the 80s but was an icon in the 90s too ... one of the best from those years ...

For Winter and together with Armani, Fendi, Coco, Eau d Sisley, Quartz,First

sharyssa
sharyssa

I seen the 1.7 oz bottles on clearance at walmart for $7.00 I rememeber the smell because this was popular back when exclamation and electric youth were popular. I am thinking of grabbing up a bottle for old times sake :)

livingdedgrl
livingdedgrl

My dad would take my sister and I to the mall every year before Christmas and let us pick out any perfume we wanted. I remember I was only about 12 yrs old and of course I had Gloria Vaderbilt jeans as did every other teenage girl at the time (this was around 1983)so of course this is the perfume I picked out. I guess this is where my love of perfume started. Wish I still had some just to take a whif to take me back in time for a few minutes.

SandraV

After seeing this reviewed I just had to go spray some on as I haven't worn it in a few months.I've already done a long review way down below but had to say I still love this:it makes me feel like I am wearing a fuzzy pink sweater when I have it on:)

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I used to love Vanderbilt. Its been years since I have smelled it. Maybe I will have to take a walk down memory lane and get a bottle . I remember it being a pretty fragrance though not a knock your socks off scent .

Midnight50
Midnight50

THIS PERFUME WAS ALWAYS VERY CHEAP EVEN IN ITALY WHERE I LIVE AND TAX ON FRAGRANCE ARE HIGHER COMPARED TO U.S. FOR EXAMPLE. I THINK THAT IT WAS DONE WITH NOT VERY GOOD INGREDIENTS, IT SEEMED A GOOD FRAGRANCE BUT CONOISSEURS WOULD FIND IT A BIT VOULGAR, NOT A LADY LIKE FRAGRANCE. PERSONALLY I THINK THAT ALL THE BEST PERFUMES MUST BE A LITTLE BIT VOULGAR BUT NOT TOO MUCH . WHO SAID IT WAS DONE CHEAPLY IS RIGHT. SOMETIMES ALSO A NOT EXPENSIVE PERFUME CAN BE GREAT IF IT MEETS THE RIGHT SKIN. I LIKE THE OLD VERSION ALL THE SAME, ON MY SKIN IS VERY NICE OTHER FRAGRANCES "CLASSY" AND EXPENSIVE SOMETIMES ARE HORRIBLE ON ME! FUNNY MISTERY....

panda0410
panda0410

Extremely outdated perfume that should be shelved permanently. I know back in the early 90s this was still a massive hit, almost 10 years after it was developed every woman worth their salt had a bottle of this then quite pricey little frag. And I suppose for the era it fitted well, loud and somewhat obnoxious, like most perfumes of the 80s and early 90s I remember inhaling the scent as my stepmother would walk by - I thought it was sublime! Of course I was in my mid teens then, now in my mid 30s I can appreciate retrospectively what it was once - but definitely isnt now. Loud spicy carnation creation, with opoponax that makes it quite powdery, something that endures through the entire duration of wear time. Aldehydes are sharp in the top, but they settle to a deeply floral fragrance thats very sweet and extremely feminine. Its has a very slightly reminiscent feel of Chanel Coco - and I feel its because of that spicy carnation and the slightest hint of civet (which I love in frags incidentally). The rose, ylang ylang, tuberose and orris heart makes it heavy in the middle, with a comparatively light base, the woods are hard to detect and vetiver which I also love is disappointingly non existent in this.

On an up note, after the initial hour or so opening and the die down of the floral heart what you are left with is a strong, sweet, feminine, beautiful vanilla accord, that really is truly lovely. This is one component of the perfume that I do admire because its one of the prettiest vanillas in a frag that I can think of and I do enjoy at least this much of it - the vanillic base is really very nice!

Its base price has come right down, unlike other classic 80s perfumes this one didnt captivate and hold its target market or its value, and it became outdated - and probably rightly so - rather quickly. Now you can find this almost anywhere for under $20 for a 100ml bottle. I dont find this very giftable, for the younger more modern woman this one wont please. I feel that even a more mature woman might well have moved on to more mature, modern fragrances and I wouldnt ever dream of giving this as a blind gift to anyone. It has some old style class, sure, but also an acquired taste geared strongly toward that era. I still vastly enjoy other timeless classics like Coco, Red Maroussia, Tresor, etc but I wont be purchasing this one ever again. I was gifted a 100ml bottle for christmas recently, and truly, it will last me a lifetime!

daniela3
daniela3

I remember very clearly when this fragrance came out as I was a girl. My only doubt and regret then was that G.V. was missing something.... Growing up and getting more involved in perfumes I've realized what was missing: the quality of the ingredients. It was and it is still clear that the low quality of the ingredients there employed made this perfume a sort of second class citizen, WHILE either the formula, or the idea and the halo around it seemed to "re-create" a genuine fragrance from the past. At that time (1982 circa) NO perfume was similar to G.V. It would have been really a great fragrance if it had been done while using better substances. Unfortunately when it appeared wether for the target, or because of marketing options or blablabla..... it was decided differently. The expert Sophia Grojsman couldn't have created anything more curious being it so "old style" and deliberately retrò. I've always thought and I'm still doing it that G.V. was just a sort of exercise: "let's pretend to create a frag composed at the beginning of the 20th century." I'm sorry to intervene not to share a good news (I do only write positive review and I do express the impressions I really feel) but I believe that this still-born-masterpiece (SO NEAR TO MY PERSONAL TASTE!) takes after the destiny - but upside down! - of many other beautiful reformulated fragrances that only preserve the name of their glorious past. Or to express it more clearly: G.V had been already modified and reformulated since it came to the light.
It would be really interesting to assist to a new birth of G.V., a perfume re-done while using better ingredients and in limited edition also......

!!

Oooh really? Do the vintage ones smell of Play Doh? I have really grown to love this scent actually, but perhaps I should be saving this for special occasions rather than wearing it every day and putting it on before bed as well!!

!!

I got some of this from a charity shop, having never heard of it before. Perhaps the bottle I have is old, and that has affected the smell, but it really reminds me of Play Doh. I like it. It lasts a long time on the skin and is very luxurious smelling. Unusual. Like cowslips or something.

veritech
veritech

I had to get some of this after many years away from it. I wore this in high school and everybody asked me what I was wearing because I smelled so good. I have not gotten compliments on many scents I have tried over the years. This is a crisp, clean non-soap smelling fragrance and I had to bring it back!

I'm jumping on the carnation appreciation band-wagon and encouragingly putting both thumbs up for this little wonder.

Vanderbilt is not what I expected, at all. I had polluted my thoughts with the idea that this fragrance would be overly strong, offensive and cheap smelling. Well thank goodness today was the day I decided to grit my teeth and force myself to bear the scent of Vanderbilt.

This fragrance is rich, incredibly feminine and smooth. The opening was a little harsh, also a tad vinegary with a hint of vanilla, so my immediate thoughts were somewhat negative. However, give Vanderbilt a chance to settle and find yourself captivated by its charm.

Carnation is the most dominant accord in Vanderbilt, showing some similarities to the beautiful Billet Doux by Fragonard. Vanilla and opoponax further compliment the carnation by adding a slightly sweet and resinous warmth.

Vanderbilt is actually quite distinctive and pleasant despite its inexpensive price tag. I also find it complex in terms of composition and development. It smells very romantic on the skin.

This may appeal to the more mature crowd but that's not to say that younger women shouldn't give it a fair chance. Any girl that loves her orientals or rich florals will surely appreciate Vanderbilt.

I was highly impressed with the longevity and sillage, which proved far better than some high-end designer fragrances. Actually Vanderbilt could pass for something expensive anyway. Perhaps they need to update the packaging in order to have it appeal to new consumers.

roseharlow
roseharlow

i tested this one today on a piece of sample paper,
i was initially put off by it, but i went back to it five minutes later and couldn't tear my nose away.
will surely invest in this one when i get the chance.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I really like this perfumer grojman....not just for hwr amazing creations like eternity, bvlgari pour femme, tresor, Paris......
So, when I saw this perfume on sale I bought it. It's opening spray is very harsh and nauseating . However 10 minutes later this scent came over me that was kind of best described as a soft pink lacy pillow surrounded by a frost of cold wind etched with white carnations.., sometimes o think I don't like it pe its somehow too strong.,but I can't stop smelling my wrist. This prfyme has carnation in it for sure. I definately adore carnation. It's permitted to be the beautiful flower frag. My nose smells sweet roses and a little heady jasmine being kept in check by the other florals. I smell something with a sweet spice in there that kinda dances on the wind of the carnation. Maybe a drop of cinnamon.I don't wear this everyday. I wear it quite often though. It's uncannily feminine. Too much would be gross. Two sprays will take you hours and hours. This smells like a lady. I wear it when I exercise sometimes too.

VioletaVioleta
VioletaVioleta

The reformulation is horrid, not even good as room spray. I'm saving my 90's vintage to wear on special occasions. If you are looking to try this perfume try to get a vintage.

alchimia72

Finally i bought it. I read all your reviews and i decided to buy it. I smell aldehydes and pinapple at the top. After ten minutes i smell carnation and tuberose but not sharp. At the end of the day i smell vanilla but i don't find it so sweet. Remember me of the 80's and i don't know why i connect it with Charlie's Angels movies!!! I like it very much. I know it's very cheap now! But i don't judge a fragrance good or elegant only if it costs a lot of money!

Lumiere

Love love love. Maybe I like it mostly not on myself but on other women (whom I know well and respect), or sprayed on things around me-this is such a lovely, elegant scent, including the bottle, swan, box colour and Made in Belgium on the box-even perfume colour is so classic-all says Perfume. I am thinking of getting it again-all my previous bargain buys ended up been gifted-and to the delight of the receivers.:)

Migalex
Migalex

Lovely fragrance. Very noticeable in the opening are the aldehyds, the pinnaple and the orange blossom. The orange blossom keeps its presence for longer, into the heart, but is gradually replaced by vanilla sweetened tuberose. And at last, the woods come forward beautifully. Amazing soft but very well defined transitions. The dominant note, overall, to me, is tuberose, which makes it bear resemblance to Oscar and Byzance. The opening is more like byzance, but when the tuberose comes out more clearly, it does resemble Oscar, if you think of it. Considering the extremely low price ( I do not know why it is sold so cheap these days, because this perfume used to be more expensive), it is a very good buy.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

This is perfect for mature women, I was given as a gift but I found it kind of "old", I gave it to my mother and she loved it, on her skin chemistry matched perfectly, it's a soft scent, I would say it would be a cheap good gift.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Yay i found a ten dollar sampler set on sale and i chose this over celine dion so i put a lot of trust in you little miss vanderbilt! Just smelling the residuals in the cap and a tester on a blanket (it was the closest thing to me aside from my arm which already had something nice on it) and i was kind of disappointed. It smelled like elizabeth arden red door, which i still hold on to hope that i will someday like. There is just something in red door that doesnt work and could give anyone a migraine. But back to the vanderbilt, i gave her a fair chance and sprayed it on my skin and i have to say im very glad. I think this is one of those oddballs that cant smell good on paper and relies on skin. Maybe the box is right, "let it release the splendor of you?" not to say it will ever be my favorite, it smells cheaper (sorry im spoiled by guerlains and chanels) like a drugstore scent, but nice anyways. I keep thinking of a 90's era dentists waiting room. It has that hygenic but possibly floral smell? That smell you cant really figure out you just know that it the dentists office smell. Its like that but sweeter! Maybe if it stands up to continual use i will get a larger bottle for the times im in the mood for such an unconventional scent. Regardless of whether i end up loving it or hating it i give it a lot of credit for stirring so much interest

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I shouldn`t like this, it`s not at all what I normally go for. AT ALL.
I mean, flowers and aldehyds?! When I`m an all vanilla girl?

But I LOVE it. Even the jasmine, which I usually hate. There ARE a bit of vanilla feel to it though, but a very dry mature vanilla/sandalwood combo. Not like vanilla cake or anything.

It`s so warm, powdery, smooth, sweet, comforting and also sexy... Not to mention how nice the price, sillage and longevity are!

Oh, and I like the bottle too, it´s cute and vintage looking, and the sprayer is really good, it sprays very "misty" and evenly. Not just in "spots" like some sprayers tend to do.

Everyone and their freaking dog seems to hate it, that`s why I haven`t tried it until now.

It would make a perfect signature scent.

Try it, it might surprise you.

Katieg
Katieg

my Uncle Bob died recently. He gave me a bottle many Christmasses ago. It always reminds me of him. It's unique. Chemical and strong. Deep, unusual and strange. I've gone back to it since and still don't understand it but bought it again and it reminds me so strongly of far off days..
I'll keep it. I need it. It's my special memory that I'll use again and keep.

Gaelle
Gaelle

It's signed Sophia Grojsman, and like (almost) all her creations, it's wonderfully constructed. I can definetely smell the middle notes: jasmine, orris, rose tuberose, ylang-ylang, carnations + the aldehydes. It has a classic, almost old-fashioned vibe. Very appropriate in a Vassarian way. I know that Vanderbilt was launched in 1982, but it makes me think of the 1950's. A delicate and very polite Vassar student from the 50's could perfectly wear this fragrance, while reading the letters from her recently Harvard graduated fiancé.
Don't be fooled by its price. Yes, it's a drugstore scent, but it doesn't smell cheap in any way.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Imagine a bunch of lilac-coloured persian kittens playing on a huge pastel pink satin bed surrounded by white roses floating on a misty cloud.

maiker
maiker

Vanderbilt have such a lovely smell. i smell so much things at the same time, so nostalgic, so rich, so eternal. it makes me remember those who i loved. i use it this morning at 11:00am now is 9:37 pm it still smell so high, i will never change you. just superb.

olga1780
olga1780

Looks like people devided into two camps with respect to Vanderbilt: those who keep coming back to it for nostalgic reasons as this scent is related to sweet memories; and those, mostly the young generation, who can't handle its potency and label it as a stinker and an old-lady perfume.
Well, I belong to neither camp.I am still on the younger side(31) but I adore old school classics. I just never got a chance to smell it(including on older women lol). I thought shame on me for not having tried it as it has been around so long for a reason. So for me it's just another discovery and experience without memories or associations attached.
I can see why this perfume is still around. This is a beautiful and very complex composition that screams quality. I do agree that it is unique and exotic, but to me it's not a very sexy scent, but more comforting and soothing. As it has outrageous sillage and longevity, it should be applied with care (maybe 2 sprays) or otherwise it becomes too cloying and hard to enjoy.Great to be worn in very cold weather.
A definite masterpiece and a must have, in my collection at least!

Finaly - I got this one again. This was my party-scent 20 years ago. Long time no see. (scroll down)
This is a loud scent - if you like Gloria, Eden, Poeme, JPG Classique - this one follows that bold, loud style. You have to be a vanilla-fan to adore this one. There is a lot of vanilla here, soft warm and sexy vanilla blended with beautiful flowers. This scent is very longlasting on my skin 8 - 10 hours. One spritz make you feel fantaboulus all day or night. If you take 2 spritz'es this one will turn heavy and sticky - use very carfully and its heaven. For a grown up woman, to heavy for a young one, I think.

Äntligen efter 20 år så äger jag denna igen. Detta var min partydoft förr. OM du gillar högljudda dofter som Gloria, Eden, Poeme, JPG Classique så spelar denna i samma division. Du måste älska vanilj för att verkligen falla för denna härliga doft. Varm, mjuk supersexig vanilj som blandas upp med härliga blomnoter - wow. 1 sprejning räcker hela dagen/natten. Sitter otroligt bra på huden, ca 8-10 timmar på mig. Används sparsamt = underbar. OM du sprejar för mycket så blir den tung och kvalmig, den förvandlas till en rumsdödare, helt enkelt. För kvinnan mitt i livet- denna är för tung för en yngre tjej, tror jag.

Mushana
Mushana

ccj36 hit the nail on the head for me....very similar to Oscar by Oscra de la Renta. I find the fragrance very elegant and comforting a fragrance my Mom would wear were she not into Chanel Chance(etc)....lovely for the office!

Wega
Wega

This was my mother's scent when I was very young. Before all the teenage angst hit, before our relationship crashed on the rocks. For me, very nostalgic, painful, sweet, warm, beautiful maternal love.
I bought a vintage bottle on eBay. Sprayed and was enveloped in memory. Mom's soft beige cotton sweater as she held me close. Why is this memory tinted with bright and diffuse, golden afternoon sun? I had myself a good cry, then stashed the bottle at the back of my wardrobe.
Since then, I've actually worn it a couple of times, then felt like I needed some therapy!
The scent itself is sweet and near-syrupy but not edible; warm, bright, a bit spicy, and animalic in the drydown. My boyfriend LOVES it (which is a little weird, given my mom-association).
I write in impressions rather than notes, because my nose is still inexperienced.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I'd like to try this one, but...I remember that one of the Vanderbilt fragrances gave me a rash. Not sure if it was this one or Glorious, and afraid to test.

I hope everybody else enjoys it though.

Life is short - wear perfume.

LenaBrasil
LenaBrasil

You are probably not gonna like it if you smell it right away. I find it too strong and overpowering. There's an exotic (maybe oriental) strong smell in it I can't identify. But as it fades away, it gets wonderful. I just can't stop sniffing where I sprayed it on.

Donut
Donut

Bought this scent after reading the reviews, and also because Oriental Floral works well with my skin. I've had it on for about half an hour now. It's very warm and rich, the floral notes are faint compared to the powdery aspect of the fragrance, and the citrus notes. The pronounced citrus makes me wonder if it smells a little like insect repellent. It does remind me of the smell of a fragranced doll from my childhood, and so I would agree with the other reviewers that is is a comforting, feminine scent. I have the EDT, not sure if it comes in EDP but one small spray is enough (and I like my perfume strong). It is strong and I have a feeling that it will be lasting as well. It's wouldn't be a favourite smell for me, but I do like it and it's definitely worth trying.

Angel10
Angel10

An inexpensive fragrance that smells rich yet delicate, soft yet strong, plush & powdery, and I love it for sleepy time! Great for when I need to feel safe and secure and warm.

Amazing review Sandra!! Agree totally!!

SandraV

Believe it or not I had never smelled this until about a month ago.Back when it debuted I was too young to wear it then forgot about it over the years.After reading the scent notes on here I was intrigued and when I saw a tester at the drugstore I sprayed a tiny bit on my hand.I was really surprised at how sweet it was-I expected more of a typical,loud 80s Oriental.I didn't buy it right away as I didn't have the cash on me but I just couldn't stop smelling my hand and went back to buy it a few days later.
This makes me feel so girly when I wear it-it's sweet but not in a gourmand way and the notes just seem to blend together seamlessly.I agree with a previous reviewer who stated that the bottle and even the color of the box fit it perfectly.It's just a warm,cuddly,fluffy and 'purple' kind of scent.It also lasts forever even with just a tiny spritz-I love to spray it on before bed.Hands down one of my absolute favorites and I can't believe I'm just now discovering this gem.

marymargret
marymargret

I had never thought much about its composition. To me, this fragrance is working like the colour blocking trend: unique, strong, indivisible. All notes are perfectly blended. Wrongly underestimated because of the price.

mystica
mystica

Smells very much of mimosa. I don't know if you have ever seen a mimosa tree and smelled the flowers. They were used to found a lot where I lived, and they would fill the atmosphere with their heady smells (the yellow pompon flowers) leaving me always undecided whether this smell is nice or bad. Well it's not so nice (like a rose, camellia, or gardenia) but not bad either. Just very unique, and strangely comfortable and warm...
The same goes for the perfume.

TankGirl
TankGirl

A classy fragrance, quite good for a drugstore perfume. Its smells expensive at the heart notes and base notes; very soapy but in a nice way, the carnation is pretty obvious to me and in second place comes the tuberose and jasmin.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Femminile, romantico,dal fascino un po' rétro e...abbordabile come fascia di prezzo: l'ho portato varie volte e ne ho ancora due flaconi da 30ml nuovi, ancora confezionati e mai aperti...motivo?questa fragranza mi ha un po'stancato.Se ci fosse qualcuna interessata ad uno scambio con qualche altro profumo che mi piace,mi contatti pure :-)

ccj36
ccj36

Vanderbilt is a very pretty, floral fragrance. It is oriental in a non-spicy way. The light purple shade of the box matches the scent perfectly. The strongest notes to me are the rose, the vanilla/sandalwood combo, and the green notes; drydown is powdery-floral. It is a very elegant fragrance, very feminine, very romantic. The bottle is very pretty, as well; the swan fits the aura of Vanderbilt perfectly.
Similar to Oscar de la Renta, but not nearly as strong.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I remember this scent very well. I don't think I've actually ever owned any, as I was too young at the time it came out. I remember that EVERY mom at the time wore this; this stuff was everywhere! It is a very easy to recognize scent; I know it instantly. I always thought it was pretty, quite pretty actually. My mother never wore it either, as she loved Oscar, and I remember this being kind of the cheaper version of Oscar. (Not that she had anything at all against cheap scents; she wore Emeraude for years as a substitute for Shalimar; it's just that with Oscar already in her wardrobe, I don't think she felt the need for this as well.) I will probably buy this now, as now I am that everywhere mom, and it would be fun for nostalgia's sake!

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I always see this hanging about in middle class department stores, and it has got to be one of the scariest smelling fragrances Ive ever experienced.

This fragrance is supposedly a classic, and I don't know if this has been reformulated or not.
But I keep seeing positive reviews for this but all I can smell is sharp, pungent florals doused in heavy alcohol.

miahreis

After reading several positive reviews on fragrantica.com, and after hearing that my mom used to wear this, I thought I'd give it a spray when I was in K-Mart today. Total mistake! OMG, this is Robitussin in a spray bottle! It brings back horrible childhood memories of begging my mother not to give it to me because it tasted so awful, and then having to down Pepsi afterwards to get the taste out of my mouth! I'll be keeping away from this one...oh, well, can't say I didn't try it!

LIN
LIN

I smelled it for the first time a few days ago, and the first impression i had was " not bad, nice jasmine!" but after a couple of hours it started to make me sick and bug me! Yes, it is an old scent and as one it smells "heavy".. The positive thing about this perfume is the dry down, wich turns out to be warn and full of jasmine.. but still, couldn't smell it no more because it gave me a headache and gave it away. not for me..

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

Sorprendente como un perfume tan barato puede oler tan elegante. Me gusta!, huele a mediados de los 70's-80's, totalmente retro.
En la acidez de mi piel huele como a cedro con anis, dulce como confites perfumados de los 80's esos que tenian colores pasteles y figuras de corazon, circulos, y que mas? :)...inocente y sensual a la vez, buena combinacion, dura tan solo 3 horas en mi piel.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

This is one of my beloved confort fragrances...mostly in spring! I've got a limited edition of this, the "Eau de vanderbilt", but the smell is the same, maybe a little less powerful. Well...How I like it! It's a soft, floral and powdery smell, romantic and nostalgic. It makes me feel sweet and cute :)

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

Too powdery for me but my mom mixes it with other perfumes and smells really good. I guess I don't have patience to try matches. Anyway I said I like cause it has possibilities. Maybe it's more for mature women.

Ms. Holmar
Ms. Holmar

I like nearly every perfume out there with the exception of this and P.S. I love you from bath & bodyworks. I think it stinks. My brother and father always gravitate to it and tell me I should buy it but I really dislike the smell. It does seem to be something men like a lot however...but I don't think I want to be attracting my dad or brother!

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I wore this perfume when I was a teenager and now I am in my mid 40's and I decided to buy a bottle for my teenage daughter. Well bad news...she doesn't like it! So for now I am stuck with a 3.4oz bottle. ha ha
I think I am too old for Ms. Vanderbilt or maybe its the perfume. Who knows... I may decide to spritz myself during a moment of insanity. LOL

Fonna
Fonna

It's a wonder this perfume is not more expensive.
It is a wonderful scent. Very lasting.
I personally like the lotion.

Very heady, but not intoxicating. Very floral.
~~a hint of violet.
It's a wonderful fragrance for the summertime/ springtime.
In fact, I must get some in a few weeks.

arimegahot

me gusta tanto que a pesar de que han pasado años de que no la tenia, la tuve que comprar por que la extrañaba mucho. sorprendentemente, ayer que la compre, compre tambien midnight poison que es mas fuerte, y se me hace que puedo usar gloria de dia y poison de noche, se me hacen parecidas, no se por que, solo puedo defender este perfume y decir que es una adiccion desde que lo olí en mi mamá cuando tenia 3 años, hace casi 20!!

imoore
imoore

tooooo much Vanilla, highly disappointed, better luck next time with the civeet opoponax perfect combo hunting

millan

I bought my bottle like yrs ago But as I said before the initial spray was very strong but the dry-down was magical!!!

Manya3
Manya3

Halfway through the bottle, I stand by my previous review : to me, it's the ultimate comfort scent!

I'm not familiar with the original perfume, and it must smell different by now, but I love love love what I smell. It's soft, powdery, warm but not cloying nor heavy. It's spicy but fluffy :) Like your favourite woolen scarf.

I'm gonna get me a 100ml of this beauty, just because I can, since besides the fact that it's beautiful, it's also incredibly cheap! Thank gods! :D

PerfumeKeeper
PerfumeKeeper

Millan: did you start wearing your old bottle or did you buy a new one? I bought one about a month ago and all I could smell was Johnson's baby shampoo, really. A bit disapointed.
Edit-
It would be unfair to comment only on the sniff so I decided to actually wear it to work. You know what? I love it! On the bottle it keeps smelling like shampoo but on the skin it becomes a velvety carnation. I don't believe it can be a signature fragrance for someone but you can grab it when you feel like you don´t want anything specific, instead just a "stable" fragrance.

millan

What beautiful memories I have with this perfume. I met my boyfriend with it, got engage married with it wore it on our honeymoon . Then i had to stop using it because my allery & sinus . 21 Yrs has pass since I last use it. A year ago I did a test to see if I could tolerate it. and I did . The first spray was so strong it did not smell the same but the drydown was like meeting with a friend whom you have not seen a long time . it was there And I fell in love all over againg. Last night I took a bath & sparyed some on. My 14 yr daughter ask me what I was wearing she said she like it alot. This morning she was going to school and ask me if she can use the perfume I wore last night. she is in school smelling wonderful with a perfume that many say smell cheap. No way!! It smell's classy femenine & inocent. And that makes me very happy

EN ESPAÑOL!
LA VERDAD UNO DE LOS MEJORES PERFUMES QUE UNA MUJER CON GUSTOS FEMENINOS PUEDE TENER. REFLEJA INOCENCIA PERO A LA VEZ MUCHA SENSUALIDAD, ES BELLISIMO!!

LaPetite
LaPetite

one of the first perfume i had on my own , my beloved parents gifted it to me , when i was maybe 8 . I would treasure this perfume with its " gilted and crystal bottle " and the swan carved on it ! I would even underusing it , and someday , the smell started to change , i asked my mother why . She explained to me that just like food , perfume can get "spoiled" . I was devastated ><
so , this scent is very special to me , and i'm not the only one here .
I'm surprised it' listed as an oriental O_o . More a powdery-floral to me .
Can seem a bit cheap , but still very nice.

a too sweet cloying scent that turns very vanilla on me, and ends smelling kind of cheap. this does not work with my chemistry at all. it actually would turn my stomach a little.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

The only aldehyde I could not so much, bear, but in fact, I have always loved this one :-)
Aldehyde notes usually repulse me so much that they actually make me physically ill.
All apart from this very fragrance of Gloria Vanderbilt :-)
Ir brings lovely memories, it was one of the first adult fragrances I was given from my mum. My olfactory experiences were, at the time, were limited but I sprayed it and thought that this was the smell of a wealthy, elegant woman. I am not sure where does this association came from, but this was my initial thought.
I still have a tiny bottle, must be 20 years old, a bottle with broken atomiser but I would never get myself to bin it until I squeeze the last drops from it.
Vanderbilt is a nice floral powdery fragrance. To me it is reserved for winter only - I think it would be a bit suffocating during hot summer months unless appplied very sparringly.
It is a very mature fragrance, for a serious woman wearing pearls and gold, and a long cahsmere coat, wrapped with a posh big stole.
Vanderbilt is the only fragrance with an aldehyde note that has ever appealed to me...
I like it a lot....

A strong, deep, sexy and feminine scent. This was my partyperfume in the -90. Good memories comes back when I look at this one. Longlasting scent, its there for at least 7-8 hours sometimes longer. If you spray it on clothes its there for several days.If you like scents like JPG Classique, YSL Paris, EL Knowing etc - These are in the same club - strong, longlasting, sexy and the person who wears them likes to be noticed.

betty15november71
betty15november71

Mmm, I can't believe how good this smells on me-I went to a cut-price drugstore earlier on today and saw this on the shelves-it looked very enticing in its pretty pink and gold packaging and as it was very reasonable price wise, I put it into my shopping basket-the warm cinnamony smell that I get from the dry down makes me feel very sophisticated-I used to go for heavy oriental scents when I was younger but now I seem to go for the lighter floral perfumes as my skin chemistry seems to have changed over the years.

this was my favourite for many many years. The best party-scent ever, I think. Longlasting, deep, sexy and very feminine. Strong scent - another strong scents is for exeample YSL Paris and JPG Classique. small cost - but a great scent!

geegee
geegee

This is a soft floral & powdery fragrance with great lasting power. Upon drydown is when the oriental comes through on my skin & gives a warm envelope of cashmere.

Anything that contains civet is always a winner with my skin & gives me the feeling of the juice having been designed just for me. This is no exception.

A wonderful fragrance with a feminie grandeur which transports one back into the era of a post war 40s when women wanted to feel like women once again.

samsara1977
samsara1977

Lovely smell, as I remember it. Apparantly they've changed the formula as I read here. To me this is similar to L'heure bleue, I don't know why but wearing it reminds me of Vanderbilt.

Sophia Grosjman did it again with this perfume. So well done, so thick, so powerful, and although it is cheap to buy, it is not cheap to smell!! It is very popular though, so a lot of people have this perfume! I wear it to please myself, when I am at home with my family. I ADORE the true personality this perfume has!!
GREAT choice!

ineverwas
ineverwas

I used to love this perfume and wear it when I was 18. Although it was a bit too mature for me at that time, I adored the air of mystery and sensuality that it gave me. Back then I was in love with someone 15 years older than me and I was trying to seduce him with a more 'womanly' image.

Every time I smell this scent, it reminds me of a romantic winter's day. I'm definitely buying this again this autumn!

EDIT (after buying it): It's not exactly as I remember it. I cannot say I regret that I bought it, mainly because it was so cheap, but I have a feeling I won't be using this one much, if at all.

Vanderbilt smells very perfumy, sweet and somewhat intoxicating. I'm pretty sure they reformulated it although my vague memory doesn't help with pinpointing the exact differences. However, this fragrance now smells cheap and the drydown feels old and stale. It used to be much better.

judeaqua
judeaqua

love the intriguing marraige of strong heady tuberose and powdery Orris... at the first spritz its seems strong... but after a few minutes, the words that come to my mind are :

mystery & secrecy
comfort & nurturing
powdery & bittersweet
calm & caution

don't be afraid... aldehyde, lavender & green notes render that tranquility, (still enveloped in powder) imo.

aromaminx
aromaminx

i usually enjoy fragrances containing vetiver ,civet ,opponox and cinnimon used as bases.
however,on me it just is awful,yet i cannot really decide why or which of the ingridients is turning me off

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I think when this came out that it smelled better or maybe I just OD'd on it. It seemed like it became less floral and more of a wierd musky odor dominating the floral. It might depend on who is wearing it also. A lady I worked with came in wafting Vanderbilt through the office every morning. It smelled a little off on her and when she finally used up the bottle I was glad. She also treated the office to the scent of her White Shoulders hand lotion in great gobs every afternoon. I liked the White Shoulders okay, just a vintage scent that mothers used to wear.
The strong Vanderbilt every morning with your coffee just got to be too much. I have to say I just don't care for this anymore. Please use it lightly if you do still have it around.

Manya
Manya

I had never really tested this one, because I'm no big fan of aldehydes. Civet is another note I tend to run away from.
I just got a bottle as a present, and -oh wow, what a surprise!

The aldehyde note is not sharp and bitter as I expected it to be, but very airy and powdery.
The civet in the drydown is quite light, faint enough for me to even like it.
Everything inbetween the two is floral perfection!

I smell fresh laundry, or a white shirt, or a cotton dress. Something familiar, soft, soapy, tender. The colour of the box and the white swan represent this scent really well!
To me it is a calming, comforting fragrance. Can easily be an everyday scent.

I can see how people would see similarities with Chanel N5 or Red Moscow, but to me this is quite close to Guerlain's Mitsouko, because of the powdery orris root and cinnamon.

It's good to know that some things in this world are not only valued by their cost :p It's premium quality for a mini price...

soniamcalear

This brings me back to the eighties in a flash! I used this way back in the day. Dont think I can anymore though. When I walk away from a perfume, I usually divorce it forever

I now finally have a large bottle of this perfume and I knew it was a great perfume, but never understood HOW great! It is FANTASTIC!!! Gorgeous, fantastic sillage and staying power. No wonder it has been around for soo long!!!
GREAT price too!!

Grazia
Grazia

A very beautiful scent of lavanda, orange and jasmin. It reminds me my early youth. I love and still have a "white swan".

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

I swear they changed the formulation!

I miss many warm and sexy oriental notes in the drydown. Now it smells weak and not unique. The "vintage"-Vanderbilt Eau de Toilette was soooo ultra strong with an unbelievable staying power. Fantastic.
Now they sell a 100 ml EDT bottle for such a cheap price. Now I know why.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

what a hoot to see this! a real sign of the times was available at every drug store. Very chic when I was a teenager

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

It's classic and oldfashioned perfume, both in smell & the bottle too. The shape of the bottle and the swan carving on it is really old fashioned, but in a way that I like, I feel like it related to sometime older than the time it was produced (1980's)
Anyways, I just got a 30ml bottle of it, because I won't wear it much...
It's strong at first, but becomes really beautiful on my skin after an hour or so & it has a MONSTER sillage !! One spritz of it can be smelled by others meters away ! and, it lasts for a veryyyy long time.
I love cinnamon and this one is not bad at all :)

Flora55
Flora55

I used to wear this back in the day and I loved it, but something tells me it's been reformulated and cheapened a LOT since then. The last time I smelled it was not a god experience. It was one of the few truly powdery florals that I liked, as it was not overwhelmingly so, just soft and feminine. It was really nice for a mass market scent.

njawalt
njawalt

This scent reminds me of my mom, it is a scent that has always been comforting to me. I have always liked it but it doesn't smell as good on me as it does on my mom.

www.brittxxx.nl
www.brittxxx.nl

Sutch a wonderful smell,showergel,than the deodorant,powder dust and the parfume...mmmmmmmmm

guest_chan gu
guest_chan gu

this is best my classic scent soso nostalgic sniffand and Brings back great memories .When I wear Vanderbilt be going to princess forever aaa

soniamcalear

This is a beautiful scent but I wore it for a couple of years in the late 80's and moved on to something else like 20 million different scents since then! Its nice to know im not the only "Scent Insane" person on the planet-there are a whole gaggle of us right here! This is a sweet floral and plenty strong too!

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

Vanderbilt can be described as a smooth, powdery fragrance. It's so light and cologne like in the beginning but after a while, it turns into a soft-sweet-floral powdery smell. It's really lovely.It worths more than it actually costs.

milena
milena

Another perfume, that I had about fifteen years ago. It was a lovely scent and at that time a lot of women wore this.Maybe I'll go back to it. The price is so affordable.

Malegria

I got me a little EDP bottle.
What went on here? was it reformulated? though I can smell the old Vanderbilt, the unmistakable note of cough syrup is hard to swallow!
I will have to get EDT now, may be it`s just the concentration that makes it different.
Also found similarity with Red Moscow, and with The One by DG.But V is sharper..and the syrup, the syrup!!!!!

Sassy1
Sassy1

Smells fresh clean and nurturing to me. A friendly competent scent to put others at ease. More office than bedroom. Used with a light hand, can be very nice.

falovalo
falovalo

A very classic smelling, feminine perfume. Smells very similar to Oscar. I can't pick out any of the flowers distinctly (not good at that), but it's an unmistakably floral perfume. Used in small doses, it's not nearly as bad as some people here say it is. It's true it's not modern or innovative, but it's still nice and lady like.

Aristo
Aristo

this aroma is alike Red Moscow
but in the last, carnation more soft on a smell, and aroma more proof

Vanderbilt is memory scent for me and like many other scents from my past I can't wear it now. Actually I'm not crazy about it. I wish I would be crazy about it, because I can still find it for little price. It's a feminine, very powdery scent, quite original for that time. It was average scent for average ladies, something good and clean that smells somehow refined. Not sexual, maybe a little sensual. EdP was different and much more intense than EdT, while EdT was easy to wear.

Malegria

There was a time when everyone was wearing it i my school and it was the only reason I didn`t buy a bottle. Now I am ready because I feel nostalgic and I also feel that I entered a perfect age for it. Yes, it`s heady,it is super-floral, it`s pure eighties and all that...but it is, indeed, unique. I knew people who over-used it and killed it`s feminine charms in the root - but I also knew girls who wore it as a rose in their hair, and let it make them beautiful.It creates an aura of vibrant, glorious sensuality.The drydown is like a bath of milk among blooming flowers and incense burners...

The price is way too good, too!

nitamania
nitamania

My sister love it so much. Hallo mbak Dina di Semarang-Indonesia, udah liat review parfum kesayanganmu ini?

elm0505
elm0505

This perfume brings me memories of my childhood,as my sister used to wear it in the eighties.

For me, Vanderbilt smelt so womanly, so sensually that nowadays still represents for me the quintessence of femininity. When I was old enough I started using it and I'd always get compliments from people. It's a timeless scent that will never go out of fashion. It's sweet but not in a gourmand way, I'd rather say it's musky or ambery. It's all about universal womanliness, regardless of age. A must-have classic, too bad it gives me terrible headaches, so I don't wear it anymore -but I love keeping a bottle on my shelf to have an occasional and nostalgic sniff.

SandraS
SandraS

A true knock out scent. Overpowering and overly sweet, it gives me an headache even when I smell it on other person.

I don't get any of the top notes, just the base ones, which are lovely but this particular misture is a killer.

Great if you want to leave a trail or get noticed, but this can be negative as well.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

This is probably one of the first perfumes I ever owned and I think it is still a beautiful perfume. It really is feminine. I sometimes still smell this on other women here and there and I think it really has stood up to the test of time. I know it gets a bad rap because it is older and inexpensive, but it doesn't mean that it isn't a lovely fragrance. It's really a complex perfume in some ways and it is one that I can always recognize when someone wears it-it is distinctive and pleasant. Brings back great memories and is still just so pretty. I agree-this one is a classic.

golden
golden

I wore this many years ago. It was average then and average now. Nothing special.Cheap!

fluturashroz
fluturashroz

The funny thing with this perfume was that everybody complemented me for it, but I hate Orientl perfumes so I didn't care much for it.

benzippo
benzippo

Hi guys. I am not sure whether it is my nose or the fragrance has been re-orchestrated?

I was pleasantly suprised to find it in the department store recently but somehow it smells different from what I remembered!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I'd rate this 3.5 stars out of 5. On my skin Vanderbilt is pure carnation, mimosa, rose, and other spicy floral notes. When I wear Vanderbilt (to steal a line from West Side Story) I feel pretty- oh, so pretty! Vanderbilt is uber-feminine! I've had Vanderbilt in my wardrobe since I was 11 years old. A classic!I plan to buy another bottle soon.

Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt 3.39 out of 5 based on 862 ratings and 212 user reviews

V BY VANDERBILT for WOMEN by Gloria Vanderbilt EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .8 OZ TESTER
Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gloria Vanderbilt V By Vanderbilt Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gloria Vanderbilt V By Vanderbilt Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gloria Vanderbilt Vanderbilt, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.