Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Cabotine Gold Gres for women

Cabotine Gold Gres for women
dislike

Cabotine Gold Gres for women Pictures Cabotine Gold Gres for women Pictures Cabotine Gold Gres for women Pictures

Cabotine Gold is a limited edition perfume, elegant, exclusive and attractive, dedicated to luxury and beauty of the most precious of all metals. The fragrance is developed with the intent to contribute to sophistication, charm and beauty of women, just as classic golden jewelry do.

The composition is hot and sunny, exploding with fresh citruses and fruits at the top. Mandarin, melon and pink pepper make the invigorating interlude. The heart is characterized by sensuality of white flowers, soothing and magical. Fresh and pure tiare flower is blended with peony and jasmine. Dry base notes include soft Bourbon vetiver and amber, enhanced by exotic patchouli note.

The nose of the perfume is Vincent Schaller from Firmenich, who tends to present music and melodies with his simple, short and clean fragrance formulas.

Cabotine Gold comes in a bottle and a box of warm golden colors decorated in red letters for a more intense effect of luxury. It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT. There is also the Cabotine Gold set that includes 100 ml EDT and 200 ml Body Lotion.

It is launched as a limited edition of the 2010.

Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Melon

Jasmine Tiare Flower Peony

Vetiver Patchouli Amber

Modern Quartz

Cabotine Gold Fragrance Reviews

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Does it smell similar to Coco Mademoiselle? No. At least not to me. Actually, it reminds me of another (old) perfume which I can't pinpoint right now. I can smell alcohol in the top notes, but only for a few seconds, just until the scent settles down on my skin. To me it smells kinda festive, like New Year's Eve (of course, it might be the memories this perfume evokes, as it reminds me of another perfume). I like this cold sparkling scent! Yet another successful blind buy.

reborn
reborn

I like it a lot.It really does smells like Coco Madmmselle,but too bad that the lasting poewr and sillage are zero.Especially in cold weather.I bought it today and it is very cold outside and i barely smell it.But anyway...i have 100 ml botlle ,so i will spray it in every 30 min ,because i am in love with the smell.

Revontuli
Revontuli

My second blindbuy from Grés and thank God, not another confusing experience like Cabotine Gres! I agree with previous comments that it's very much like Coco Mademoiselle. But I definitely wouldn't call it a copycat/ cheap version of CM. It's very lovely and unique on its own and honestly I prefer this much more than CM. I get peppery hints at first, which I really like and then it turns into a softer floral scent with hints of melon. But it doesn't turn overwhelmingly fruity, very well-balanced. This would be a perfect fragrance for spring/summer but I don't mind using it at winter at all.

mandiemag
mandiemag

My Christmas present from my husband! I love it. Yes, very much like Coco Mademoiselle, and it's my new signature scent. Nice big bottle for not a lot of money. I highly recommend!

Juliana6
Juliana6

This was a blind buy for me because I red it was like Chanel CM, and I 'm happy with my purchase! Absolutely underrated, quite cheap but of an excellent quality!
The opening is similar to Chanel CM, but then Cabotine Gold shows it's real character - it's more than CM, more feminine (CM is stronger and harsher), well rounded and softer! Generous, rich, sparkling, light chypre with a tiny hint of honey added, just a bit of that golden sweetness (I guess, it's the melon playing with the floral notes). A golden lights from the Christmas tree reflected in her eyes. An everyday magic!

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Nice, bright, lightweight and modern chypre. Airy, bubbly, lightly sweet from fruits toned down by earthy tones of patchouli and dry vetiver. Well blended and balanced, versatile scent for work and play.
In the same line with Chance, Coco Mlle, Verino Gold but with a less sweet, androgynous touch.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

To my nose, Cabotine Gold is a nice, dry, vetiver-rich white floral. I can see (smell) very well why comparisons to Coco Mademoiselle and So Elixir would arise, but this is drier than both and I smell more gardenia. Vetiver is really the foundation of this frag, however, and is the strongest note by far. It isn't so overpowering that it drowns out everything else, though, and while Cabotine Gold is drier and colder than many other florals, it is well blended and pleasant to wear. I also detect a resemblance to Bath & Body Works's Black Amethyst (another vetiver-rich scent), but again Gold is the drier and cooler of the two.

Silage is decent here, it projects moderately but is not a room-killer. As for longevity, I'll need to come back and write a more detailed review when I've had a chance to wear this a few times.

The bottle is worth mention here as well; for collectors, the addition of a Cabotine scent may be worth the price for the bottle alone. At $15 for 3.4 oz, Cabotine Gold was very much a worthwhile (blind, based on reviews seen here) buy! I would purchase again!

Lala2013
Lala2013

I am a fan of the Cabotine range and this one for me is more than similar to Coco Mademoiselle.When I put both on different wrists, overall , there isn't too much difference. In fact I prefer Gold as it lasted longer.And not so mainstream.And a sixth of the price !! Crisp yet slightly spicy,I love the Vetiver note as it gives me the wonderful cologne-like crispness yet stays feminine and warm,the Veviter has not made it cold in my opinion.
Although I wouldn't consider it an evening perfume, you could use it that way, and is out of the whole Gres Cabotine range the heavier scent.Verging on being sensual. I wish they would do some evening wear fragrances as I love what they do with these!I love it, will buy the largest bottle when this one diminishes and bathe myself in it :)

kigyo
kigyo

I used to buy all kinds of perfumes for my wife, but she just loves this one. She recently traveled to her country and took all the other stuff back to her relatives and told me that don't buy her anything else anymore but this one. Okay...

You can find those at a cheap price, probably because they aren't really exciting, almost skin scents, dry, clean and clear, I have had a few of the Caline flankers, and only one in my opinion was above average, Moon Flower, Cabotine Gold is real boring, the name implies a rich golden scent, it is rather a cold, distant scent. Not impressed.

rosembloom
rosembloom

White Gold... crisp , clean, very much like Coco Mademoiselle, which I simply love. It is a fresh and lighter take on the original though all they have in common is the greeness of the fume. It does start off citrusy like Quartz, the fruit giving off a spring vibe. The peppery note is lovely and gives this light floriental a twist. I detect very little amber and even less patchouli on me yet, can smell it from the nozzle. It is a light but persistent frag that would be perfect for warm days , school or office. Great longevity on me but little projection. It is a soother of sorts, perfect for when I am stressed out. Someone mentionned So Elexir from Yves Rocher and indeed, it does resemble it! Another great fragrance from Gres... this one resembles Cabochard the most, in my humble opinion. Yes, some may find it masculine since it is vetevier laden. Yet, to me it is all woman: yin yang as someone said. A very zesty-light floriental yin! I strongly suggest if you like O de Lancome!

Migalex
Migalex

Silage is very good at the beginning and I do not think staying power is worse than most fragrances out there. The name seems to be very well thought, because I can easily associate this scent to gold, I do not know why. It is quite spicy, but in the right measure, not too muich to kill the scent, although I do not identify the semi-floral scent of pink pepper as such. It does also have a dual feel, because contrasting to the spiciness, there is the juicy bright sweetness of the fruits, mostly melon, and the round fullness of the white flowers. I find the scent quite pleasant and somehow a bit addictive, it has got something, although not a strong character, I mean, it is nothing remarkable or unique. But I do like it. It is not very feminine, but I would not say it smells masculine, beacuase of the sweet round juicy side. The only thing, and although I do not find it weaker than average, I wish it were stronger, much stronger, actually.

paleface
paleface

The smell of Cabotine Gold has puzzled me - what is that cold (gold? ;-) aroma I get from it? And hurrah, today I finally discovered: it is VETIVER! So now I see, why the scent felt a bit masculine and pointed!

Vetiver plus pink pepper in the midst of orange and melon - I can smell vetiver right from the start - make a strange combination of "manly" spices and sweet fruits. One could even say that Gold has a certain yin and yang -effect. At the same time it is warm and cold, soft and metallic, sweet and herbal. I think the recipe is successful.

Soon beautiful white flowers (especially jasmine) reveal themselves. They have enough power to make another good combination with vetiver. There is also some different kind of sweetness involved - just a hint - I think it might be patchouli. Now Gold mellows but nothing can block that fresh, aromatic edge in it.

With those provisions in the picnic-basket you don't need to feel hungry for a long time. At least on me this perfume stays... and stays... but no shouting there, neither whispering. Sillage is medium.

No doubt I understand people complaining its "oddness". I am one of those who don't love vetiver too much. But lo and behold! One can learn to like things. I remember how I hated onion as a child. Now I put it everywhere (well, at least when cooking :-) Smelling and tasting are related... one really can broaden his/hers liking.

The most alluring thing in Gold is its ability to connect very different ingredients to a reasonably demure concoction. A unisex vibe is a fact, but still I find Gold a lady-like scent: sensual and silently mysterious, even distant but indisputably elegant.

A keeper.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The only nice thing I can say about Cabotine Gold is that its mandarin opening is very juicy and naturalistic. After ten seconds on skin it morphs into a strange chemical hairspray effect that lingers and offends for much longer than anyone deserves. Eventually jasmine and patchouli make an appearance through the haze, smelling very clipped and clean (no indoles or earthiness). There's a laundry musk drydown that intensifies until I'm convinced I've spritzed myself with Febreze - and I hate Febreze. This is quite the scent blob, far closer to "Nasty Floral" than its predecessor. More mold than gold. Avoid.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

I just love this! Smells complex yet fresh- the citrus and metallic edge added to the florals make it a unisex scent. Reminds me very much of Quartz.

I found my bottle at TJMaxx on clearance for only $10. Like all Gres perfumes, this is potent. Use sparingly and one bottle is a lifetime supply.

Marianna8
Marianna8

I still think the Gold is pretty interesting perfume, but not for me I guess. Did not last very long, on me it was mostly peppery. It did remind coco Mademoiselle at the dry down a bit, but not that much.. I gave it away. Hopefully smb will enjoy it more.

blueberry
blueberry

Gres Gold is all about strong pink pepper with citrusy accord accompanied with a hint of melon and followed by a jasmine procession. There might be some trace of the patchouli but its existence is very faint unfortunately for me. All in all, more a floral fruity than oriental floral, but still a decent one - feminine and modern yet elegant in some way. I would appreciate it more if not for the pink pepper that usually annoys me in most perfumes.

I was surprised at its projection which is outstanding for such a budget product, but not overwhelming as it might be with the original Cabotine which I like a lot. It starts fresh and zesty peppery but becomes softer and quieter in the dry down. Too bad its longevity is far from that of the original Cabotine.
Spring time would be best to use it, I guess.

Abyss1001
Abyss1001

LOVE the pink pepper. It was a blind buy for me but the 1.7 oz was only $12.99 so it was a great deal at Marshalls. It is very warm and "gold"...I do wish it were a little stronger but nevertheless, I love it!

fihe
fihe

I would indeed describe this as a "gold" fragrance. upon first spray, it has a "warm" aroma, from the mandarin orange and pink pepper, I'd suppose. it dries down in the same way on me. sadly, it is way too light for my liking! I prefer something with greater sillage. I'm selling a like-new bottle of this, by the way.

I never would have thought of Coco Mlle if I hadn't read this, but now that I smell it again, it does bear an uncanny resemblance. Gold has distinct layers, which can be good and bad. It's good because it's fun to observe the scent change over time. It's bad because I like the opening much more than the drydown!

The fragrance bursts with a clean, sweet citrus opening. I suspect it's the melon combining with the orange that keeps this perfume from becoming zesty or sour, which I would greatly dislike. Gold does seem to fit the oriental category because there is a certain spiciness in it--I don't exactly smell pepper on it's own, but I'm sure it provides the "spiciness" I'm talking about.

The drydown is more masculine than I would like because the vetiver and spice become stronger. Still, I like this fragrance for the price I paid. I think I might even like it more than the original Cabotine.

artsymom
artsymom

I keep trying to wear floral perfumes and my body keeps telling me "no!" I find it difficult to find floral perfumes that don't turn sour on my skin for some reason. This one followed suit.
In any case, Cabotine Gold smells very pretty and distinguished and whoah! it actually lasts and projects! That's a change from the watered down scents I've tried lately. It doesn't smell masculine to me. If I had to compare, I'd say it smells similar to Yves Rocher So Elixir. Pretty bottle to boot! If you'd like to swap, PM me!

Aubynik
Aubynik

This smells so good. I agree that it has the same feeling as Coco Mademoiselle, but this is softer.

The patchouli and orange open up, but then it quickly blends into a ripe, sweet, melon tinted with a bit of jasmine that subdues the semi-masculine opening.

The dry down is lovely and smooth; the amber and patchouli linger.

I really enjoy this one.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

When it's first applied it does have a citrus smell that might be associated with mens fragrance. But then it dries down and I can smell , of all things,
honey . I know it does not have honey as a note but
I can smell it along with jasmine. Maybe my nose is playing a trick on me . It's different but I like this.

olga1780
olga1780

I had to delete my previous review because believe it or not, this perfume really grew on me. I guess spraying it on my hand didn't reveal any of its personality and somewhat distorted it. The price was great, the bottle looked beautiful, so I grabbed a large bottle for further experimentation at home.
And to my surprise and amazement, when I sprayed it on my neck and wrists, I really liked this warm and transparent oriental. I think what i love the most about it is the melon note. It is light enough to wear during warm weather while most of the orientals in my collection are predominantly for colder days.
A nice casual fragrance to spice up your wardrobe.
The projection is outrageous which is my cup of tea when it comes to perfumes.

I can't smell any similarities with Coco Madmoiselle though. Rather something like Cerutti 1881 if you take away the fizzy and spicy notes.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

To me it does not smell like men's cologne or cheap perfume whatsoever, it smells very much like Coco Mademoiselle, maybe a little lighter, very nice fragrance and I received it as a gift today and I was very excited when it was given to me. I like the bottle and packaging also, very feminine fragrance.

magie
magie

I really do like Gres perfumes and this one is no exception. The opening is fresh and citrus and then smells like hyacinth to me, fresh and pretty. After a few minutes I smell jasmine and tiare flower. The dry down is soft and creamy woods and I do not smell any amber or patchouli. This is an elegant fragrance for summer, fresh and softly floral. I think it would make a great office scent for it is not too strong. I do wish it lasted longer though as most of my Gres scents do last a long time, but this one doesn't, at least not on me. I found it on sale at TJ Max for not much money and decided to buy it. It is a lovely fragrance for hot weather and I will enjoy it this summer. The bottle(I also collect perfume bottles)is beautiful and elegant as well and will look amazing in my bath room. I am so glad I lucked up on this elegant french scent.I do wish it had more staying power though.

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

First of all, I am a HUGE fan of Gres perfumes. Somehow they have completely pegged my particular tastes in all their perfumes that I've tried so far, capturing it in all different facets. Cabotine Gold is one of the latest additions to my perfume collection from Gres, and I am not at all disappointed.
Cabotine Gold is absolutely lovely. It simply makes me happy -- an olfactory burst of joy with every spray. It has a slighty hint of citrus at first, but settles down to a harmonious blend of gold notes and light florals.
This is a fragrance I would wear anytime, anywhere, with any outfit, even if I'm just wearing my pj's around the house. If you are a fan of Gres, I would give this one a try -- it is less heavy than some of their others, which for many is a good thing.

cloyd42
cloyd42

A true oddity for Gres--like them or love them, Gres perfumes are usually distinctive and identifiable. This one fails those tests. It opens with citrus as advertised but almost immediately moves into a very cold almost-single note heavy jasmine perfume. The pepper sharpens the white florals making the scent almost metallic--a perfume for robots perhaps. No amber that I can find, no melon to soften the cold. Perhaps the "gold" in the name refers to the coldness of the metal rather than the richness. I'll tuck this aside until the weather gets warmer but I have my doubts. No spring-in-winter in this bottle.
Sillage: judo flip across the room
Durability: lots
Fabulosity: none at all
Price to value: cheap isn't value if it smells bad

kimberly
kimberly

I bought this after reading all of the notes. I eargerly blasted myself with a spray on my neck, great projection...But bamm! I smelled like a man! I gave it to my husband...Don't hate it...But I want to smell feminine.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Cabotine Gold is definitely unisex, all the way. On first sniff I didn't like it because I thought it was too masculine, but tried it again and found it to be so soothing that I sprayed it on myself and the pillowcase before bed. I find it interesting that some reviewers here think it's feminine....huh? Not on me! Fascinating how diverse our olfactory senses are! If it were a wine, it would be a dry white chablis. The vetiver is the most prominent note to me, along with the pink pepper. I get lavender too, though it's not listed as a note.

Though some reviewers here might consider it to smell like an aftershave, I still find it appealing. It reminds me a little of the Calvin Klein fragrance CK One, but with less citrus. If a man chooses to wear it, it would be a sparkling, clean masculine scent. Maybe I'll spray some on my husband and see if he likes it. I'll wear it myself too, when I'm a unisex mood - it makes me feel like an elegant Frenchwoman (or Frenchman)!

One last comment I have is that Gres should rename it "Cabotine Silver" instead of "Cabotine Gold", because it feels more cool than warm to my nose. Pretty bottle!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I broke one of my own rules and bought Cabotine Gold unsniffed, due to my general affection for Parfums Gres, and the scarcity of their limited edition perfumes in the U.S. Thank goodness it's a nice scent.

Beautiful box and bottle! I have and love the original Cabotine and I've always found its bottle to be unique, colorful and beautiful. Cabotine Gold puts a sparkly champagne-colored spin on that same packaging. Very elegant.

I had no idea what to expect of this scent just by looking at the notes. I've sprayed it on twice today and I'm pleased to report that it's a soft oriental floral along the lines of Coco Mademoiselle, Flowerbomb or Black Amethyst. (Not a smell-alike by any means, but fans of any of those scents will likely enjoy Cabotine Gold.)

Gres seems to be following the general perfume industry trend toward softer, quieter scents. I recently tested their Cabotine Moon Flower and found it a gentle, close-to-the-skin cozy scent. Same thing with Cabotine Gold. It lasts about 5 hours, close to the skin, and needed a re-touch this afternoon to get through the workday.

Very pretty overall. Might be better-served by warmer weather, as it's not quite strong enough for a chilly December night in Nebraska.

Cabotine Gold by Gres 3.45 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 31 user reviews

Gres Cabotine Gold Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Gres Cabotine Gold Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.69oz
Gres Cabotine Gold Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.69oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Gres Cabotine Gold Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Lotion 200ml 6.76oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gres Cabotine Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gres Cabotine Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cabotine Gold by Gres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cabotine Gold by Gres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.