Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Caline Gres for women

Caline Gres for women
dislike

Caline Gres for women Pictures Caline Gres for women Pictures Caline Gres for women Pictures Caline Gres for women Pictures Caline Gres for women Pictures Caline Gres for women Pictures

Feminine, delicate Caline combines translucent floral, fresh fruity and sweet gourmet notes of chocolate truffles (Praline).

The fresh top notes are composed of grapefruit, mandarin, apple and ivy. The middle notes contain translucent lotus, jasmine, pear and mulberry. The base notes include tonka bean, musk, praline and vanilla. The perfume was created in 2005 by Thierry Wasser.

Mandarin Orange Ivy Grapefruit Apple

Zaleska

Awful! Too sour!

SuzanneRonelle
SuzanneRonelle

Bought this for my vanilla/gourmand scents loving sister for Christmas since she has moved to a dessert climate and I thought that her typical perfume choices would be too cloying in the heat. Since the base was vanilla and Tonka bean I thought it would be like a watered down version of the type of scents that she likes. What a surprise... It is very sweet but very fresh - a huge hit of watermelon from the get-go. I thought she would hate it because we couldn't smell any warm vanilla-ish notes but she loves it. It really is a unique and complex scent that flies in the face of normal fruity scents. She tells me that she gets a lot of compliments from her patients too (she's a doctor)and that it works perfectly in the plus 40'C heat. Winner - even for those who prefer more "grown-up scents!

pattyk
pattyk

This is a great smelling perfume but not really for me. It has all of the best smelling ingredients in it but after I purchased this perfume I realized it had Jasmin in it and I cannot handle that smell. It grows near my home and it makes me sick. Too strong for me. Aside from that I love the perfume. It's saweeeet!

Dollycat
Dollycat

Caline is a sweet but very classic and soft scent. I find it sexy and very feminine although it´s only for the sweet lovers under us. A very good perfume which comes very cheap priced and stays at the skin all day. So definitely a to have in your collection i will buy me a second bottle for sure after finishing my current.

ellebelle84

Update: The fragrance was incorrectly delivered to me and I opened it up to smell it. I can't place my finger on it, but it reminds me of something I've smelled before. It's nice and it surprisingly more complex than I expected it to be. Got it for a great deal on ebay, brand new. At first sniff I'm getting a combination of grapefruit with apple and as it melts down I'm getting caramel/praline, at base note I'm smelling a soft white floral and a musk. It's a nice perfume. Not exquisite, but really nice.

nicki317
nicki317

I thought I would like this based on the notes, but I'm not too crazy about it. It is a light, green, inoffensive slightly fruity floral. But I think the ivy note is too green and sharp for my liking. I have been favoring sweeter scents lately, so I am not a fan of this one.

ellebelle84

I bought this unsmelled for my mother for Christmas. I'm scared and concerned that she won't like it. But I saw from above, it maybe is comparable to Amor Amor, which she really likes. I would like to consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to fragrances and etc, so uncertain blind buy worries me. Crossing fingers my mom loves it lol.

gracious
gracious

I like it very much
It is fo sweet, so fresh, so beatiful

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

slowly but surely i have come to the realization that pear is a gorgeous perfume note that works well with my skin.
genius perfume theirry wasser had the foresight to add chocolate to this fume with a light floral background. a sweet confection of caramelized pear and chocolate.
delicious. i don't know how it gets better than pears, caramel, and chocolate.
i delectable, long lasting aroma that can be found for an absurdly low price.
longevity on me: lasted four hours, somewhat of a miracle for me.

nyoka
nyoka

THIS is a delicious fume!When all the notes mingle its like smelling a big juicy,caramel apple with the warm brown sugar dripping down ur chin.Its fresh,Not a HOT perfume,cooling and its very uplifting to the spirit!

it's very odd.the first time I smelt it I tought I liked it very much,but today after retrying it,I said to myself that it hasn't anything special.
praline is obviously over there and it's the good point about it.I can't say what's wrong with this perfume,but there something a bit annoying for my nose.maybe mixing green apple,grapefruit and ivy is too much!I mean it makes it sour and sharp.
after 30 minutes it becomes nicer as the praline and other sweet notes appear.
totally it's not a bad perfume,but if I were the designer I wouldn't mix apple,ivy,grapefruit and lotus!!!as they all are sour and sharp.

sky76sky
sky76sky

It is hard to pigeon-hole Caline because she flits around the olfactory groups.....to me she is a suprisingly cute, yet mature, delicate, warm & watery gourmand, fruity floral.

The sweet, bright opener is a pure fruity burst of granny smiths & pink grapefruit but it is quickly underwritten by a more mature green characteristic. The floral stage is light (no heady jasmine) & leans towards the natural-aquatic with the thin watery veil of the lotus.

The nicest part is mid-way through Caline's life: the warm, tart fruits (plums, berries, pear) mingle with vanilla-praline & create a delicious, depthy desert.

Caline ends disappointingly & abruptly as a soft musk scent & she will never be a classic. However, she stands out as a grown-up, girly scent that even non fruity-floral lovers will enjoy.

Sunny enough for picnics & days out or to brighten up dull days at the office.

Gosha
Gosha

There is something very attractive (as in - I am strongly attracted to it :-D)and very addictive in this for me!
I first looked into this fragrance, as I liked the look of the bottle pictured here as well as the name and when I found out it has grapefruit and musk, I thought it must be lovely! I first bought a shower gel and got completely obssessed with sniffing it :-D. Now I got the EDT and lovely it is! Pure pleasure for me the sourness of the grapefruit combined with musk and the sweet praline. Lovely indeed.
update: unfortunatelly the staying power is quite poor. :-(

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Caline is a pleasant, light & fresh perfume. It starts out quite tart smelling, which I think must be the grapefruit, and I was expecting it to smell slightly sweeter so I was surprised by that.

After awhile it begins to smell warmer and more inviting on me. One reviewer here has compared it to Chanel Chance but I'd have to disagree. I really like Chance and know the smell very well (even though I have yet to actually acquire a bottle of it myself!) and I don't think there's any similarity at all between Caline and Chance!! Both are nice perfumes but, in my opinion, entirely different from one another.

Caline is a pleasant, nice perfume - light and fresh so it's suitable for everyday wear and I doubt it would offend anybody!

LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Floral, intensive but still fresh and the bonus - it is long lasting!

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

I bought it by cheapsmells on internet, very cheap( 25 eur. 100 ml.) and delicious.
I love the Beat. This scent is very, very similar to it. The begin notes of the Beat, that is Gres Caline.
My bottle the Beat was nearly empty, so now i have two in one. This parfume stayes fresh and sweet , with praline notes. Very good i.m.o.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

As you can expect from the pink bottle, this is a pleasant floral-fruity fragrance with a clearly detectable sweet apple note (just like baked apples with sugar) after the fresh opening, but nothing to rave about. I'd wear it if I got it as a gift.
Btw, nice name.

kiselina
kiselina

Nice. The top notes are similar with J'adore edp, but more tart, and the dry-down is delicious-vanilla and milky chocolate.

guest_Lívia Lima
guest_Lívia Lima

My boyfriend give me Caline and 1 love it! its a little fruity, but is too fresh! i will use in special times! kisses.

nadzieja
nadzieja

As all modern Gres fragrances this one is as well pleasant, vigorous and unpretentious. For my nose Caline is a bit similar to Chance Chanel, but with a soft, sweet (praline) note somewhere deep. The fragrance starts with some fruits and white flowers, base is soft and tasty but very subtle indeed. I'm considering buying this one, but first I have to test it well. For this moment I say "yes".

sharyssa
sharyssa

Bought it and I like it.It is a light feminine scent slightly sweet and floral.I think the bottle is weird though it has to stay in the box (I bought a gift set) because it is a wide shape and cannot fit on my mirrored tray.But all in all the packaging and everything is very feminine and it is a nice gift set.

guiwings
guiwings

My mom used to use Caline, but it's a litle... artificial. Like Soap artificial or body lotion artificial.
Maybe I just don't like it because is too fruity?

CaraMia
CaraMia

I've been looking for a lotus based scent that was airy and calming and I think this is it for me. I don't find it similar to Angel at all and I am enjoying the grapefuit topnote quite a bit more than I expected.

I was hoping it would not settle into a jasmine monster and it has not, so it is a success on that score too. If I wanted to compare it to another Gres it would be Grain de Folie substituting the grapefruit for the lime and with a warmer less green base.

Caline is a casual sporty fragrance that I will probably wear on shopping trips of after a swim.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

I find it very fresh and feminine.. Perfect for hot days & it's long lasting too :)

Caline by Gres 3.70 out of 5 based on 95 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gres Caline fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gres Caline, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Caline by Gres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Caline by Gres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.