Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Caline Blooming Moments Gres for women

Caline Blooming Moments Gres for women
dislike

Caline Blooming Moments Gres for women Pictures Caline Blooming Moments Gres for women Pictures

Caline Blooming Moments by Gres is a floral fruity fragrance for women introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Thomas Fontaine and Henri Bergia. Top notes are pink pepper, mandarin orange, grapefruit, apple, pear and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, water jasmine, freesia, orris root, peach and geranium; base notes are patchouli, musk, benzoin, raspberry and oakmoss. Available as 50 ml EDT limited edition.

Pink Pepper Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Apple Pear Lemon

Cyclamen Water Jasmine Freesia Orris Root Peach Geranium

Patchouli Musk Benzoin Raspberry Oakmoss

Une Touche de Naf Naf

Caline Blooming Moments Fragrance Reviews

anessa
anessa

My left and right body halves differ in skin heat and ph, so I always get 2 versions of a perfume to smell, since it develops completely differently on my left and right hands/arms. Thus, I often am able to relate to both sides of differing reviews, especially those where people say "this perfume heavily depends on your skin chemistry". Caline BM is such one. I've been trying to get used to it the last months, and while I completely agree with others saying this is a pleasant spring-summer scent (with an aquatic touch) which has just the right mix of fruity and floral without getting too 'girly', I get the pleasant fruity notes only on the colder skin where they remain. And this perfume is quite persistent, despite its appearance.
On my warmer 'half' however, a very distinctive note surfaces and dominates which reminds me of men's colognes, and this utterly disturbs the light, lovely harmony of Caline BM so much that I can't enjoy wearing it. Geranium is part of it, but I can imagine some combo of the cyclamen, benzoin, orris root and oakmoss are adding to the effect as well.
I accidentally layered a men's edc with lime, cedar and mint notes over this, and suddenly the disturbing note of Caline BM was balanced out by the edc and it just smelt great as a whole.
Since this was created by T.Fontaine and I love his Cabotine flanker, I had assumed I'd like this one too; so this is rather a disappointment. So far, I've tested Caline, this flanker and Exotic Moments, and Exotic Moments was the only one which agreed with my skin, Caline turning sour after a short bewitching introduction. I seem to agree more with the Cabotine flankers in general, and this one I'll finish up wearing on my colder body half.

missmm79
missmm79

when i first purchased this fragrance at a very cheap price, at ross or marshalls, i tested it on myself right away in my car. i thought it smelled like an ordinary, yet lovely daytime scent (probably best worn in the spring and summer. then i tried it again a week later and could just hear my father's words when i used to try on perfume as a teenager, "who smells like a french whore?!" Lol.
anyway, the reason that thought came to mind is because: 1) scents can bring about memories and that is why i have fallen so much in love with perfumes just recently. and 2) blooming moments came off smelling cheap that time. i almost washed it off, which is something i rarely do because i like to give scents a good sporting chance before i write them off.
well, tonight i decided to spray some on myself again. 3rd time IS the charm! ive purchased a dozen winter/fall scents recently because i love warm scents and ive been somewhat worried that i wont have enough scents in my collection for this spring and this coming summer, but Blooming Moments will definitely be one that i will wear! its a NICE, LOVELY, AFFORDABLE, FLORAL with just enough FRUITINESS to make it appropraite for summer/spring. I LIKE! i also want to add that the weather is warmer than the last two times i tried it and there is more moisture in the air, so maybe that helped it Bloom. No pun intended. Happy Hunting!

SCENT: 5/10
SILLAGE: 6/10
LONGEVITY: 8/10

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

First of all, Gres is one of my favorite perfume houses (I own 8 of their frags) and I have yet to come across one that I don't like. Caline Blooming Moments is a fairly sweet (not saccharine) floral yet manages to maintain a base with enough depth to avoid being hollow and too frilly. Even when Gres does "floral fruity" scents, they (so far) manage to avoid coming across as the derivative, dime-a-dozen, personality-devoid, girly fragrances that are so common these days.
Blooming Moments certainly isn't their most complex and original blend, but it is rather well composed, pleasant and easy to wear. Especially for the price, it is hard to go wrong with this one. For me, it is solidly "a like," not quite a "love". Best during the daytime as a happy, outgoing, but not brash, addition to your look.

TWB
TWB

I bought this scent for my mother for her birthday (75) and she loves it! My wife tried it as well and she liked it and she is hard to please when it comes to fragrance..... This is a very nicely blended fragrance that I think would appeal to ALOT of different age groups....It is simply a fruity/ floral but not so fruity that it is overly sweet and not so floral that is gives you a headache. A really nice balanced fragrance that I highly recommend.....Especially given the 10 spot price....It is a no-brainer blind buy....I will probably explore more of the Gres line of fragrances....as I feel they make a quality product.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

This is a clean,fruity-floral that is competently constructed. It may not be anything novel but it is certainly one of the most pleasant spring scents that I own. Sometimes when I wear this, I almost smell a spearmint note.This is a casual fragrance, and I enjoy it from the blast of top notes all the way to the 'next-day-drydown'.

cincobayou
cincobayou

Just ok...kind of sweet for me. It was only $10 so a "deal"... Nice for work since not overpowering. You could also use it to make the bathroom smell nice. It is not a fragrance to rave about.

Yanna
Yanna

Clean (not fresh or soapy) scent of an early summer day. Kind smelling fragrance for good girls. Stays close to the skin. Really reminds me of clean fabric hanging on the line...

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A light, fresh floral with a slightly juicy opening and a soft, powdery base. The cyclamen is present the whole way through, however it's well balanced by the benzoin, which made an early entrance on my skin. I also detected a bit of patchouli in the base notes, but it's a very well-blended scent.

I feel it would suit people who like very light, feminine perfumes.

Since I already own Scarlet Rain by Mandarina Duck, which is similar but fruitier, Blooming Moments is not full bottle worthy for me.

olga1780
olga1780

I am really mad at myself for buying it at Marshalls blindly, without testing. I really like quite a few fragrances from Gres, so I thought I got to the point where I could put enough trust in this house for a nother blind buy. Usually, my rule of thumb is if I like at least 3 perfumes from the same house consecutively, chances are the rest will be retty much equal quality. Anyway, I just grabbed a sealed 50 ml bottle from the shelf without a second thought. Well, when I put it on in the car it turned out to be nothing more that a slightly flavoured water....I could barely smell anything at all. It was only $ 10, but still it was a total waste of money. I will give it another chance tomorrow morning, just to make sure.

Well, it didn't get any better the next day. All i can smell is a tinny slighly floral scent, so quiet that I can't even describe it. More like a scent of some floral body wash on your skin. Nothingness in a bottle. Disappointed.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

This is a cute little casual, daytime scent that will not offend the sensative nose. This fragrance is Sparkling and youthful, alittle juicy, alittle flowery, alittle powdery, Just a soft, sweet, wisper of a scent. (Although not so soft that it will go unnoticed.)
This is a great one for those hot and carefree summer days when a heavier scent may overpower.

passionata20
passionata20

This is an unexpensive very nice scent for spring-summer time with incredible staying power on a paper but not on my skin sadly! After a while i can smell it only close to my skin.
Like a blooming garden indeed! Cheap price and great smell! Really really nice floral, worth trying. I can´t detect any outstanding notes in it they are all so well blended together that i enjoy it very much!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gres Caline Blooming Moments fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gres Caline Blooming Moments, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Caline Blooming Moments by Gres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Caline Blooming Moments by Gres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.