Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Grain de Folie Gres for women

Grain de Folie Gres for women
dislike

Grain de Folie Gres for women Pictures

Grain de Folie by Gres is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Grain de Folie was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson. Top notes are lime, clementine, green accord, kumquat and rhubarb; middle notes are jasmine, peony, tuberose, basil and gentiana; base notes are amber, tonka bean, moss, musk, vanilla and mimosa.

Lime Clementine Green Accord Kumquat Rhubarb

Jasmine Peony Tuberose Basil Gentiana

Amber Tonka Bean Moss Musk Vanilla Mimosa

Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz
Les Belles de Ricci Liberte Acidulee

Grain de Folie Fragrance Reviews

cassiemand
cassiemand

I tried this perfume in my search for something similar to Les Belles De Ricci Liberty Fizz. It certainly is similar at first - the top notes are very reminiscent and has for the acidic citrus fizz at first. When the perfume settles down though it becomes more floral and the vanilla starts to shine through, so it is no way a sister of Liberty Fizz, more like a 2nd cousin!

rockgirl
rockgirl

I found my green fragrance! Reminds me of Paco Rabanne "Calendre".

crazyface

PS. And the absolutely lovely bottle..........Yummy!

crazyface

This goooorgeous perfume smells NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING like any perfume I have ever smelled!
It is so uplifting, playful and joyous that there are no words in the languages I know!
It is so wet and juicy, so sweet and so sour at the same time.Like all the fruits in the world, plus the newly sprung green leaves of the forest in the background. The green colour is so fluid I'd feel like drinking it.
An other great thing about this.....the volume % if 70 (yes, SEVENTY!) which is very rare in a spray scent!
I have 2 bottles, each 100 ml. of this stuff, and I would not give away as much as a decant of them!
The dry Down is not all that different from the opening and heart, so the happy moods stays for a long, long time.
Thank you, Gres and Nathalie Lorson!!!

lindafoley58
lindafoley58

I bought this hoping that it would be as nice as its siblings, but "not so much". From the first spritz all I smelled is overwhelming smell of alcohol & a powdery smell. Only afterwards did I faintly smell the muted ingredients. There is nothing that just stand out in this fragrance. I have three levels of perfume:top, middle & bottom shelf and this one is on the bottom shelf. I might change my mind, but we'll see. This would do best in the fall or winter.

This will not be a repeat purchase & I won't be sad (many many years) when it runs out. The only thing I do like is the bottles design.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Go-Green! - basil-citrusy beauty from Parfums Gres.

Style –La Paysanne - you love your gardening and all about nature. Its smell of green house actually, but its a green house with an air-conditioner, somewhat vegetable happy cocktail, healthy smoothie, which reminds me a lot my beloved Les Belles de Ricci that has exactly smell of ripped vine tomato leaves in your palms or - another hint - What About Adam Joop!
Stunning bottle, much better in real life than on the picture and yes, totally and absolutely UNIQUE fragrance from 1999 by Nathalie Lorson
4.8 out of 5

solocha

Definitely an underestimated beauty - very well made and high quality. It smells fresh of citruses, especially refreshing grapefruit mojito at the start, then blends into rhubarb/ flowery notes and lasts long, on my clothes lasts days after wear. Uncomplicted but unique, as I wrote earlier, it fits hot summery days mostly, when you need something to wake your senses up, cool you down and make you smell attractive.

shushkin
shushkin

I discovered this scent in the airport duty frees some years ago now. I just love the scent. It is floral and citrusy. The dry down is lovely too (that doesn't happen very often for me). I like the arty and unforgettable bottle as well. Its perfect to wear during the warm months. It is naturally an uplifting and joyous scent.
I'm 50 now and I still love this perfume even though I have about 70 perfumes now. What a shame it has been discontinued. Its a good thing I stockpiled it a while back.

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

It's one of the best fragrances out there. Too Too Pretty by Betsy Johnson is the "modern" take on it, but a tad more busy. Kinda on the "wine" side if that makes sense. My best friend's fav.

paleface
paleface

This is a real mood lifter! Who dares to be gloomy when smelling wonderful fruity notes with somewhat pure and innocent flowers?

Grain de Folie opens with a burst of fruits. I know from the notes (thank you, Auguszta and azuriiita!) that there are no exotic fruits, but I can't help it: I identify mango or a sort of sweet and tart mouthwatering portion of ...something. Perhaps it is rhubarb with an ingredient not mentioned. Anyway, the opening is DELICIOUS! I almost want to use the word hilarious, because your heart takes an extra, happy leap while the corners of your mouth turn up (want it or not) and you find yourself humming some ridiculous, primitive but gay daa-di-daas when inhaling this perfume.

But that is not the whole story. Good French perfumes are rarely that simple, and now we are talking about a scent of Gres. So, after a while those fruity notes get company.

I don't know if it's gentian, but the emphasis moves to the "cleaner" direction; that is, the flowery and slightly soapy aspects can be detected. Grain de Folie lightens in a way.

On Auguszta the scent becomes all too sweet when the base is showing. But not on me. There are enough woody elements to keep the stickiness definitely at bay.

This is one of the best floral fruity (I would say fruity floral) perfumes I have stumbled upon. Long lasting, playful and skillfully blended - young at heart but not too girly.

PivoineRouge
PivoineRouge

The black bottle that lies down is not this fragrance. It's by Nickie Verfaillie. Same name, different maison, different fragrance.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I always thought this bottle was whimsical and fun. The fragrance is sweet and fruity. It reminds me of Babydoll by YSL, but I like this one a lot better. It has less grapefruit and is a tad bitter at first spritz. It's a great daytime summer scent. Sorta makes me think of raspberry sorbet, orange sherbert, and passion fruit sorbet melting together on a hot summer day. As it dries down, I smell a distinct & herbacious minty scent, which I've figured out from some internet research is basil flower. Strange, unique, refreshing, fruity fragrance.

guest_kit
guest_kit

my summer perfume! i don't like the bottle, it's sort of tacky imo. this isn't too sweet on dry cold me either (i can wear angel ok too.) not a perfume person, this always reminded me of guava during my summers in the tropics...

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

It used to be my lovely fruity fragrance that had decent lasting power and sillage. The bottle is really cute and I am sure i will come back to it someday!
One of the best Gres creations with moderate sweetness and tartness. (felt like a rhubarb note)
All in all, great summer fragrance for any occassion!

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

My first "perfume". I must have been about 11 when I got it. I'll only say that it's not what I'd like to smell like. It's green, but a strange kind. Even back then, I didn't like it. I still have a whole bottle of it. I sometimes use it as an air freshener.

glitteralex
glitteralex

The "alien" shaped flacon was a purse parfum spray, strangely different in design from the original. Have never smelled it to tell the difference between parfum and EdT.

guest_hagabelle
guest_hagabelle

i have a black alien shaped bottle that reads grain de folie. have had it for years and loved the scent, but I can't find it here in Canada. Did this scent come in this alien shaped bottle many years ago? And where can I get it now?

CaraMia
CaraMia

I love the citrus opening and fortunately, to me, the rhubarb is mild as it is a note I can live without (as in Un jour se leve)The peonies in the heart are nice and aren't squished by the jasmine. Whether white peonies smell differently from red or pink ones I cannot say but I do like this floral heart. After the citrussy top fades down the scent stayed rather linear on me and I did not find it too musky at all.

It lasted about six hours and had mild sillage. As for a season, I'd say summer and I don't believe I would reach for this at all in the cooler months.

Over all pretty citrus floral and very nice. It is not a stand out scent or one that will get you a lot of attention, but it is bright, comfortable and casual.

azuriiita
azuriiita

Living Indian Lime, Clementine, Kumquat, Rhubarb.

Stephanotis Jasmine, White Peony, Basil Flower, Gentian.

Tree Moss, Milky Musk, Tonka Bean, Acacia.

This one have one of the most nice bottles i've ever seen

Auguszta
Auguszta

According to the wrap of the sample the notes are kumquat, rhubarb stem, crushed mint leaves - jasmine, white peony, gentian flower - cedarwood, tonka beans.
I had never heard of this so I had no idea what to expect. I read the notes and gave it a try. Good decision! It's an interesting scent, but it has a split personality.
The headnotes are pretty unusual. The scent starts very green, very fresh and very summery. Like some sugar-free refreshment served in a chilled glass with plenty of ice cubes on a hot summer's day. There's no mistaking the rhubarb and the mint leaves. It's tart and wonderful. On my skin, this phase lasts for about half an hour.
Then it suddenly changes its colours. Forget tart and green and summery! It gets much sweeter as the peony and the jasmine join in and unfortunately gets almost unbearably sweet as the musk takes over. All the sudden it's a winter scent. A heavy blanket, a warm jumper, a scarf you got for Christmas. Very weird. I have never experienced a metamorphosis like this regarding a scent.

solocha

I bought a bottle of this because I loved its design and outer packaging.The same for its sister - Folie Douce. The fragrance's main impression are I would say white flowers, but other coloured flowers could be mixed, I didn't smell any note I could guess in particular. It is a soft scent, the beginning is citrus, the middle notes are the mentioned flowers with powdery accords and some fruit, which could be raspberry or strawberry. The drydown is not very powerful and different from the middle, it could be soft cedar wood with a bit of musk perhaps and a tiny speck of vanilla. The fragrance is to be worn mostly in warmer months of the year, and if in the cold, the moist autumn cold is more likely to bring out the intensity. I cannot say this is a typical fresh, girly, conteporary type of floral and definitely not floral-fruity scent. That powder has nostalgic value of not very distant, but still past decades. Needless to say, it has been discontinued for quite some time.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gres Grain de Folie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gres Grain de Folie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Grain de Folie by Gres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Grain de Folie by Gres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.