Designers » F-H » Chypre « Groups

My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women

My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women

My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Gres for women Pictures

My Life, My Dream, My Passion are three perfumes from a very interesting collection by the house of Gres, and they were launched in honour of Marlene Dietrich. The collection Hommage a Marlene Dietrich was presented in 2007, as a game on components, colours, art, history... Her eccentricity and elegance inspired creators to offer chic perfumes with a breath of past Parisian times, but interpreted in modern way.

Advertising poster that represents this interesting collection puts Marlene’s spiritual posture from the movie The Shanghai Express in the first plan, in a game of different colours. The colours stand for various moods and roles. They are created in the same form with a discrete game on colours on details of the bottle. The wish for metamorphosis of feelings and change of female character is perfectly painted with change of nuances of colours.

Hommage a Marlene Dietrich My Life was presented in 2007. It stands for the self-confident side of the actress with a motto: " The Desire To be a Soldier". This chypre fragrance is a work of perfumer Maria Salamagna, and it is decorated with orange blossom, wisteria and pink grapefruit in the top notes. The heart blooms with jasmine, heliotrope and cedar, while the base notes include patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, labdanum and benzoin. It is available in an elegant bottle as 60 ml EDP.

It is worth mentioning that design of the prestigious collection was done by artistic studio Aesthete. The collection has been on the market since spring 2008 and the price is 59 euro for a 60 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne.

Orange Blossom Wisteria Pink Grapefruit Rum

Jasmine Heliotrope Cedar

Labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli Benzoin Vetiver

Aimez - Moi
So Elixir Eau de Parfum
Autograph Inspire

My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich Fragrance Reviews

My Life is a warm fuzzy concoction that gives an impression of honey and booze without containing either. This evocation of mead blends seamlessly with wisteria flowers but does not cloy because it is pierced by shards of a something refreshingly sherbet (citrus? herbs?) and it all rests on a resinous base of amber and wood which deepens the contrasts and keeps things interesting. It reminds me of some Middle Eastern perfumes, has a Turkish Delight vibe, and runs the risk of being too jammy but mainly stays this side of overdone. Sweet but not sickening. Personally, I prefer to wear it layered with a citric, metallic, or smokey fragrance in order to shift the balance away from sweetness because of all sensations sweetness is my least favourite. I think this layers well with Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte (which is available very, very cheap at present).

Where is the connection to Dietrich and her desire to be a soldier??? If this sweet frag were my life then my life would be a 'bed of roses' and I would be Barbara Cartland and writing romantic fiction for a living. Worn by a woman, I don't think it expresses daring or adventure or being a soldier because 'flowery romantic' is such a stereotype for conventional femininity. On the contrary, I think it suggests escapism, day-dreaming, romantic fantasy, 1001 Nights - either conventional romance or something a bit Gothic or camp. I could imagine a Goth, dressed head to foot in black, wearing this to a date ;-) Oh, maybe that's the connection to Dietrich - she could wear this while doing a campy rendition of 'Falling in love again...' The cigarette smoke from the audience fills the cellar-bar and balances her sweet perfume.

I dont think this is a woman-only frag. I think it could be worn by a soldier or an adventurer i.e. someone comfortable in his masculinity and an unembarassed romantic - maybe Bear Grylls when taking his wife on a special dinner for two could wear this.

The sweetness could be over-powering if this were overdone so I would apply lightly and keep the romance intimate.

This is a wonderful, classic and in the same time modern scent. Starts like "So elixir" by Yves Rocher (which is quite close to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Shiseido Zen) - a sparkling chypre with a delicious and warming honey note added.
After some time it becomes more flowery and fresh. A clean, elegant, transparent veil. The base is made from really excellent woody notes. Perfect for day and evening, especially in the winter when the woody base dominates so beautifully. My favorite from all this collection. Really- my life! Bravo!

I like this scent.
So cleaN...

After buying some awful perfumes blind in my quest to find a new scent wardrobe, I have finally and joyfully stumbled across one I love! I only have a 5ml bottle but I think I am in love.

it is a delightful light floral with a hint of pink grapefruit and flower petals. it smells fresh and clean and light and is exactly what I have been looking for.

My only problem now is tracking down a bottle that's bigger than 5ml! I have already started searching and it's not easy...

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Hmm.. I don't get how it can be classified as a chypre? As it's not at all! This is a Floral Woody Musk. And on me it's 60% Liquorice (can't understand how, as Liquorice isn't listed as a note, but it is). "My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich" is veeery very similar to "Eau d`Ete" Lolita Lempicka. So very Liquorice (among with the patchouli, sandalwood-base - takes over.) If one loves the Lolita Lempicka-variations´s, the purple "apples" (like MANY do) this is a total must try!! But for me, I will stick to the one & only wearable Liquorice-scent on me = "Eau de Reglisse Liquorice" by Caron (LOVE!).

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gres My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gres My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich by Gres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of My Life Hommage a Marlene Dietrich by Gres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.