Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Amelia Grossmith for women

Amelia Grossmith for women
dislike

Amelia Grossmith for women Pictures

Grossmith's héritage underpins all its creations - this soft, feminine fragrance is named in honor of Amelia Brooke (nee Grossmith), daughter of the founder of the house.

Amelia is a soft and elegant Chypre composition that opens with enticing notes of Neroli and Osmanthus which develop into a smooth Floral heart of Rose, Peony and Jasmine, supported by warm Amber. Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Cashmere Musks from the long-lasting and rounded base. Amelia was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Trevor Nicholl.

Neroli Osmanthus

Rose Jasmine Peony Amber

Patchouli Sandalwood Vetiver Cashmere Musk

Amelia Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

i don't want to disgust you but here what has happened to me

i went to that niche brands shop, and Amelia was there, so i have asked the guy to have it on a plotter, so he did. well.. this guy hasn't been eating for several hours as i presume so i can smell his empty stomach quite clear. so he sprayed the fragrance on the plotter but he was talking allot about not everyone accepts it cause it has few notes that ladies rarely likes it, and that talking was ON the plotter. so i took the plotter, left the shop and held in my hand. when i was sniffing it again i smelled the same essence of his empty stomach and i guess it was his saliva all over the plotter, so i didn't like it at all. and that was yesterday.

today i just went back, and i got the plotter and sprayed Amelia again on a brand new plotter myself, and the result was.... the same thing!! Amelia has the slightly smell of saliva! to be honest it reminds me allot of Arctic Jade by agonist. the notes that creates this disturbing saliva note are the Ylang Ylang with citrus AND Vanilla. the tuberose, amber, and musk mix is presented quite good but that Ylang Ylang crashes it and makes it slightly disturbing. don't get me wrong about the saliva as it's not like the one in secretion magenifique or the one in Sulphure by Nu_be, no. this saliva is slightly but i barely can accept it. no carnation, no black current, and no woods. and if those notes are there then ylang ylang must have destroyed them all. was into liking it but no, it didn't like me.

you have to know that the worse and the most difficult note is the ylang ylang note, cause if it is mixed up with anything it'll smack it to death unless the one who handles it is an extreme expert and uses the least they can from this note, but im really wondering how could Santantoni fell in it!

note: the main drawback of all Grossmith's fragrances is the spray, the top piece that sprays the fragrance. however, after few sprays that piece on top kind of wears down or melts, in another way the smell of it turns very metallic. this could be because of the quality of the spray itself, or maybe the fragrance itself is quite strong in away that the spray material can't handle it's strength or density. so i wish they take this into consideration cause this might ruin the essence as it has direct connection with the fragrance.

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

Amelia is now at home with me. Just had to leave the shop with it as it is smooth, softly comforting when I need a big hug to get me through the tough times in life.

Stunning.

Elviel
Elviel

It took several attempts with the application amount (from a decant) to get this one to work.

Too little and it was straight up 'lilly of the valley' or 'peony' soap (by comparing with some admitedly very nice Italian soap).

Significantly more and the patchouli/vetiver came forward. This was rather nice and it had a slight peppery feel to it.

It is quite a cool scent that makes me think of spring florals. It is dry, a little woody, a little herbal, and very laid back.

Pretty and refind, it is probably the most gentle perfume I have ever tried and one that makes some of those that I own seem quite brassy and brash.

At around £3 per 1 ml it is quite costly and perhaps a little too refind for my taste. Certainly when looking to replace my Nuit de Noel this would not hit the mark and I think my Italian Peony soap has a little more oomph.

Bottom line for me is would it knock any of my favourites from my top shelf? No, but I would swap out Arpege, Narcisse Noir, Demi Jour, as examples from the perfumes I own.

12th March, 2014 - now that Spring is upon us here in the UK I find I am drawn to Amelia. I find it very Spring floral so it is now on my want list (when my boat comes in).

Eau de Parfum decant from December 2013

Kterhark
Kterhark

Midwesterners are hard to please, as we are slightly sarcastic. Take for example Illinois' tourist slogan: "You put me in a happy state," versus neighboring Missouri's motto, "Show me."

Amelia promises to be a "very feminine, soft and elegant modern chypre." It's an ode to the founder's great grandmother, so right away I"m thinking, "modern chypre as ode to great grandmother. That doesn't sound like a happy idea..."

But Amelia shows you! It kind of falls out of the bottle, and I was so underwhelmed that I forgot about it. Oh but then... it amplifies with time, growing stronger and stronger until the whole room is full of fragrance. I absolutely LOVE that vetiver is the note to take off. Despite the creator's best intentions, this is as old school as it gets. I know there are some white floral doozies listed, but this fragrance is all about base notes, with some soft petals thrown in.

Really, really classy. The type of scent that would make you ask someone, 'what are you wearing'. I don't even detect the sandalwood/rose/amber combo, which I usually hone in on because this is my fave. No, Amelia is a true chypre. Stunning in every way. It puts me in a happy state indeed :-)

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I tried this today and it immediately reminded me of something - and it was driving me crazy - til I realised it smells almost exactly like SJP Lovely!

Amelia by Grossmith 4.14 out of 5 based on 18 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Grossmith Amelia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Grossmith Amelia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amelia by Grossmith. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amelia by Grossmith represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.