Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Hasu-no-Hana Grossmith for women

Hasu-no-Hana Grossmith for women
dislike

Hasu-no-Hana Grossmith for women Pictures Hasu-no-Hana Grossmith for women Pictures

Hasu-no-Hana, the scent of the Japanese Lotus Lily, was first produced in 1888, so it captures the timeless beauty.

Floral composition contains chypre and oriental notes, settled on a dry woody base. Notes: bergamot, bitter orange, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, cedarwood, sandalwood, and tonka bean.

It is available in exclusive glass bottles as 10 and 100 ml perfume, as well as 50 and 100 ml EDP. You can also order the fragrance in the original shaped bottle from 1919, embellished with gold. The nose behind this fragrance is Richard Melchio.

Bergamot Bitter Orange

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang oak moss tincture of rose Lotus

vetyver Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar Tonka Bean

Vol de Nuit

Hasu-no-Hana Fragrance Reviews

Madrona
Madrona

First produced in 1888? I'm surprised. Certainly timeless.

This is a fragrance that smells exactly like the sum of its parts. It smells like oakmoss, iris, tonka bean, vetiver, bergamot, ylang-ylang, bitter orange, sandalwood, rose, lotus, patchouli, cedar and jasmine. I can detect every single note, and that is what is so wonderful about it. It sweeps me off my feet. Fantastic.

ularewolf
ularewolf

This is becoming one of the most amazing fragrances I have experienced. It's hard for me to pick out the notes since it's well-blended, but I do want to mention there seems to be a vanillic note at the base.

It smells like the soap that's in the most luxurious and expensive hotels in the world. Although not even that gives it justice. I must have this.

Edit: I have owned this now for a few months and it is currently one of my top favorite fragrances. Absolutely wonderful.

There's something of the iris-bergamot-woody-amber base of Shalimar here but it's paired to a chyprey structure which is very traditionally executed. The fragrance feels incredibly luxurious and opulent but has an overall "artisanal" vibe to it that makes me think about certain "all-natural" brands. Smells great if one's into powdery oriental fragrances but it lacks a tad of animalics that usually make these kind of fragrances grand. I like it but. In the end, considering the price, I'll stick to vintage Shalimar Parfum.

add59
add59

hi, i have just been offered £150.00 for my old unopened bottle of hasu-no-hana perfume, it is complete with box and leaflets advertising all their pruducts..is this a fair price....all comments welcome...thank you..

fenlady
fenlady

A beautiful chypre, with strong notes of musk, woods and incense. Although I don't see incense actually listed, it must surely be here somewhere, giving that dry, exotic resonance which is so unusual today. This perfume is dark and deep and very definitely "Oriental", not simply an English version of Oriental. I picture the beautiful Lady Murasaki composing her secret incense recipes in the dimly illuminated chambers of the Emperor's Court. Heian princesses with ankle-length raven hair, arrayed in layer on layer of gorgeously coloured kimonos and undergarments, flit through the rooms on their way to assignations. Under the silver moon, a pale lover is writing a poem to the lady of his desire. She dabs on a little Hasu-no-Hana and hurries out to meet him, away from the prying eyes of the court. What a picture, and what a perfume!

nargis
nargis

I agree with VintageLady and gabyvinki. This lovely chypre not only transports me to another time but actually relaxes me to the point of lethargy. I especially like the woody drydown, the cedar in particular. I am so happy that Grossmith has brought back these old fragrances for new generations to enjoy.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Really this takes you to another place and time...such a gorgeous chypre,I did not know such perfumes still exist (and they don't..this is a re-creation of the old version from years ago)What impresses me most is the dark dusty dry powdery note of Hasu. The magical ylang-tonka-bean-iris-oakmoss combination is just stunning. This is what I thought a chypre of..never found it before in a perfume so called. There are also some flowery mouthwatering notes of jasmine and rose, but the iris is the most detectable and lasting one of the flowers in here. The bittr notes are not as extreme as in other classic chypres like Mitsouko , Hasu carries a sweet-bitter tone that is irresistable to my nose. A really haunting fragrance which whispers from another time, we can still dream of.

VintageLady
VintageLady

"A perfect floral-chypre"
Hasu-no-Hana evokes a world of splendor in the world of hurry that we live nowadays. We are seeking the time that never ends. We want peace and now .... Peace is what I feel.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Grossmith Hasu-no-Hana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Grossmith Hasu-no-Hana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hasu-no-Hana by Grossmith. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hasu-no-Hana by Grossmith represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.