Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Eau de Gucci Gucci for women

Eau de Gucci Gucci for women
dislike

Eau de Gucci by Gucci is a Floral fragrance for women. Eau de Gucci was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac. Top notes are mandarin orange, hyacinth, ylang-ylang, bergamot, lemon and galbanum; middle notes are honeysuckle, tuberose, lily, violet, lilac, iris, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are amber, musk, oakmoss, vanilla, vetiver and cedar.

Mandarin Orange Hyacinth Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Lemon Galbanum

Honeysuckle Tuberose Lily Violet Lilac iris Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Amber Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Vetiver Cedar

Anais Anais

Eau de Gucci Fragrance Reviews

Maodo
Maodo

Anyone of you ever tried Eau de Gucci concentrée or concentrated? That fragrance is GREAT. The notes included tangerine, lilac, jasmine, violet, sandalwood, vetiver, and vanilla. I used to get compliments for it in the ninties, everyday, everywhere, from everybody. Unfortunatley it's discontinued BUT still available in several vintage versions on good old eBay. I got it recently from there.

I also know how this original Eau de Gucci (not concentrated) smells. Georgious. Elegant. Uplifting. Like walking through a field full delicate flowers.

So sad it has been discontinued.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I tried the body lotion that turned me into newer version of this eau (all discontinued products). Very beautiful perfume with hyacinths dominance,lasting and classy, it is a heavy duty for a younger girls. But if you like classy sophisticated perfumes try this one. My latest find in a vintage concentre, very lasting, much heavier than newer eau, but very pretty, definitely an old style floral chypre, hyacinth is very strong that I like. No question Gucci reformulated the modern eau which is more dilute and floral notes are more spread as compared to concentre. I like both, I found a vintage, great smell that is discontinues unfortunately.

yvonne

Update: I just followed the link in the description for Michel Almairac, who also created Chloe edp and L'Eau de Chloe. Those two are lovely, and could be nice replacements (not dupes, but similar in mood). Almairac is also behind the legendary Venezia. I'd love to get a whiff of that one.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Katherinemo...You are correct. This listing must be for the reformulation of the original that several of us have or remember having. It was launced in 1982 and included note of tangerine, Lilac, Jasmine, Violet, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla.
Sounds like Gucci simply launched a new fragrance and used the older name.
This actually reminds me a bit of Vivienne Westwood Boudoir.

LittleRed
LittleRed

There are many notes in this but they are masterfully blended into a bouquet of rich, yet demure and elegant florals. I can't even really deconstruct this fragrance because I think everything in it contributes to it's outstanding quality and overall loveliness.

It is totally feminine, in the strong, elegant sense. It captures the essence of several groups into one - green, woody, floral, sweet, slight powderiness, and satisfies yearnings for all of those elements when I can't decide what to wear.

An absolute delight to wear. I'm not sure about newer version(s), but the older concentree is wonderful.

khymley
khymley

I still have this perfume and bought it in a duty free shop. Wish I bought more than 1 if I knew it will be discontinued :( now I can't find it anywhere and nowhere any of the 'new' Gucci scent really matches it..

Why discontinue when a lot of women loves it and brings more profit to the company... *sigh*

yvonne

I bought a bottle of this circa 1980. It was at discount stores, I guess department stores were making way for the 80's powerhouse fragrances, like Obsession, Opium, Paris. It is everything a perfume should be, imho -- feminine floral, intriguing, inviting, fresh, soft. I like how Pinja put it when she said "it breathes." That's exactly right. It has presence, distinctiveness, and wonderful lightness. I agree with all of you who can't understand why companies discontinue jewels like this one. However, I do get a slight trace of this in the topnote of Gucci Flora. only a trace and only for a millisecond.

Mangotea
Mangotea

This was such an elegant, femenine,, subtle perfume. i miss it. It was floral but clean in how delicate it was. It was such a lovely, intimate day scent. It wast most enjoyed in short distances, like in a kiss. To me this smelled like a beautiful woman with a gray pencil skirt and a crisp white shirt who under her office clothing wore very beautiful pinkish silk and lace matching underwear. I miss this. Hope Gucci brings this timeless fragrance back.

Pinja
Pinja

Reading the reviews I thought "Are we talking about the same fragrance here?" Old and new versions must be significantly different, not just slightly tweaked.

The bottle of Eau de Gucci concentrée I have is a gorgeous, blooming, über feminine, heavy white flower perfume from the 80's (blue plastic cap with blue, red and gold paper ribbon around it). In addition to hyacinth it is heavy on white flowers, tuberose and indolic jasmine. It is also animalic to the point that I wonder if there is a drop of civet in it. One spriz is potent, and the lasting power is good, a whole day. There's a real sillage too. This perfume makes a statement, a very feminine one.

I find Lauder Beyond Paradise smells surprisingly similar, almost identical, yet there's a BIG difference: Eau de Gucci breathes, it is alive and natural, and therefore feels lovely. The artificial and soapy Beyond Paradise is hallow, empty, without a natural feeling to it, and feels lifeless. (Why Fragrantica would list "animalic" for Beyond Paradise is Beyond Comprehension).

I do not get anything near "light demure & pretty" or "eau de pencil shavings", but no doubt the versions those reviewers had, did have those qualities.

Lovely!

mariaallen
mariaallen

Hi, can you please tell me where I can buy this, I absolutely love it it takes me back to when I was a teenager. Anyone help please?

amariah

Just an update: This fragrance will last about 3-4 hours, then it softly lingers on clothes or wrist, put you will get up close to smell it. I would wear this it I was a little down, and needed something to pep me it. It is still very lovely.

amariah

This perfume is a real treasure, the splash of wonderful flowers, the depth of fragrance is rich. I would probably wear this on clothes. The reason being that it a fragrance which wiffs across when you are walking but not overpowering is a close fragrance to the wrist smell. The smell of rich money smell and the 70's smell is great and unique. A great purchase if you have the chance. I have bought one bottle, it was well worth the blind purchase. It has a free gyspy feel about of fresh fields of flowers.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

my review is for the concentree version---
lilac lovers, this should be on the top of your list.
sweet honey & lilac with a smooth polished sandalwood finish.
sensual. soapy.
makes me wiggle my nose like the bewitched chick.
warm skin scent, i don't think i can pull this off in summer, this would be a siillage monster. but this will be my new winter scent.

Endymion
Endymion

I will never understand why such beautiful creations are taken off the market! :(
One of my aunts used this fragrance many years ago and I fell in love with it. I always sniffed the bottle when I was visiting and asked for the bottle when finished :)
This is pure, elegant, sophisticated, delicate, feminine floral fragrance. The pale pink color of the fluid suited the scent well. It's not aggressive at all but still has a lot of character which most recent modern creations lack.
So all the women in the world, use this fragrance on you and make people around you delighted :)

katherineom
katherineom

Strange...I first bought this perfume in Paris in 1985 in a tiny perfume boutique near Notre Dame Cathedral. The paragraph above states that it came out in 1993.

perfume_junkie
perfume_junkie

Reminds me of the Caribbean, I absolutely loved this one..:)

guest_giraffe48
guest_giraffe48

This was the most wonderful perfume ever created. I wore it for 20 years and had dozens of compliments. I still have the bottle and wish it would be reissued. Discontinuing this beautiful perfume was a huge mistake. It is timeless.

idressyou
idressyou

This is for the original cologne concentree version. Initially, I get almost pure hyacinth, with a smidge of Spanish cedarwood, with the cedarwood becoming more prominent as the drydown continues. I have a jar of hyacinth tincture I made from purple hyacinths picked from my yard, and this is almost spot-on. I haven't tried the reformulation, but the original is very pretty and a must-try for hyacinth lovers.

BurningAcid
BurningAcid

Shaving cream and flowers. I like it. It is not so overwhelming, actually it is spring or summer fragrance whit a touch of the past. Elegant creamy and sweet, little bit clean feel because of the shaving cream scent in it.
Staying power is not so outstanding, pretty average for me: 5 to 6 hours.

allexa27
allexa27

very very long- lasting

dina
dina

Top and middle notes are very good, it smells like a lovely bouquet, a little bit creamy. The drydown was awful on me, I guess its because of either the vetiver or the cedar. Very long lasting.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I once heard this described as "eau de pencil shavings and bubble gum." That's a pretty accurate description, I think. And that's not an unpleasant aroma, trust me! This one smells absolutely delicious. The soap and body products in this scent are even better. Pity that all are getting so difficult to find.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

This is a light demure & pretty floral. I love the top and middle notes of this, but it does not last long at all on my skin. I really have to spray it on to get any scent to rise! You could wear this to a wedding or to a business meeting, it's very versitile.

Eau de Gucci by Gucci 4.01 out of 5 based on 90 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Eau de Gucci fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Eau de Gucci, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Gucci by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Gucci by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.