Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Envy Gucci for women
dislike

I have it: 667 I had it: 826 I want it: 246 My signature: 24

Envy Gucci for women Videos
Envy Gucci for women Pictures Envy Gucci for women Pictures Envy Gucci for women Pictures Envy Gucci for women Pictures

Gucci Envy appeared on the perfume- scene in 1997 and became one of the most interesting products launched by the house of Gucci. Envy could be compared to a breeze that brings spring into the city. Its architecture is modern; it denies gaudiness, accentuating minimalism. The composition starts with green notes with a cool metal note that freezes the senses. Gradually the scent warms up due to woody notes and musk. This metal accord surrounded by a floral bouquet became very popular during the 90’s. The notes are Hyacinthus, lily of the valley, rose, jasmine, green notes, magnolia, iris, woods and musk. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

Pineapple Magnolia Freesia Peach Bergamot

iris Violet Jasmine Hiacynth Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Musk Jasmine Oakmoss Cedar

Enjoué
Tasmeem Women

Envy Fragrance Reviews

beatrix75
beatrix75

oh God, this scent is so nice so elegant green crispy perfect fresh scent.I like so much and i am happy to i have in My colection usch à beauthiful frag

Yves De Sistelle's Vert Delice in the dry down is similar to Envy, minus the rich golden-yellow-green glow of Envy. I love Envy, on me it smells so different, I find it to be a radiant golden green fresh voluptuous rounded scent. It does not change much from the initial application, but after a few minutes it does mellow and ripen into a golden sunlight in a meadow like opulence. I get a similar rounded vanilla dry down in Burberry for women, but Envy is a greener, herbal and fresher take on Burberry. Truly elegant and classy for me.

nicolevilla
nicolevilla

One of the first perfumes I ever bought, my mother fell in love with it too. Though now I find it too sharp for my nose, I have a soft spot for it in my heart.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I use to wear this when I was in my early 20's. It was my go-to summer scent since it was such a fresh, green girly floral. I can still remember the smell of the lily of the valley mixed with the green and slightly citrus notes. Perfect for warm, summer days and nights.

Dino Napoleão
Dino Napoleão

A beautiful scent, at first I can feel the notes of bergamot and peach, then I detect many flowers, jasmine and violet come together with lily of the valley, with an interesting green touch. In the end I can feel sandalwood, cedar and oak moss, but all very rounded, not a single note calls out more than the others, but all goes together in no haste, an aroma that reminds me of cleanness, something fresh and new. I’d define it as a very sophisticated and chic fragrance. Its longevity is great, sillage is good, it is not invasive and goes well day or night. It’s a pity that concerning its fragrances Gucci has been decaying in both quality and originality, if only they had kept the ones from Tom Ford era they would now be classics and best sellers until today without a doubt.

dolcethadon

Gucci Envy is a true unique beauty! I already posted my full review and another post about a similar fragrance but I just had to add to add this because of a new experience I had with Envy.. Well my mother decided to try Envy and she liked it right away, mind you my mother is not big on florals.. But throughout the night I would get a hint of Envy wafting off of my mother and boy did it smell amazing! It was a bit of a different experience from smelling it on my own skin, and a great one at that.. It made me appreciate the beauty of this fragrance even more! Now my mother is an Envy lover also.. This stuff is a modern masterpiece!

Yohji
Yohji

I bought Envy during times of University graduation, a day before most important exams.
I passed exams with four excellent marks and three out of four examiners(men!) asked me which perfume I was wearing. The woman didn't ask)

What can I say, it's super-classy first of all, elegant and chic. At those days I didn't classify it as a green fragrance for example - to me it was just a mood. So the mood of Gucci Envy is I WILL DO IT. I will do it with all the confidence and intellegence as I can
I have read so many reviews about Gucci Envy but the mystery is that noone is able to describe it apart that its green-grassy-tasteful-smooth-unique...ENVY.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Ups, creo que siempre había olido algo echado a perder :(

Hoy lo encontré por casualidad y reúne muchas de las cualidades que me gustan en un perfume: con personalidad, con estela, fresco, femenino, floral, cítrico, luminoso, cremoso; lo cierto es que yo no lo conocí nunca! hasta hoy, porque? no se, pero ya lo tengo :D

Si lo ves, no dudes en probarlo.

dolcethadon

For Gucci Envy fans! There is a new natural Italian fragrance by the company "Natures", that smells very very similar to Gucci Envy.. I was so shocked when I smelled it because it smelled nearly identical.. It is cheap, affordable, and there is a whole line of cream, body wash, deodorant, and the EDT.. It goes by the name of "Gelsomino Adorabile" in english " Adorable Jasmine".. These products are great quality and natural! Some of the notes are Peach, Melon, Bergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Hyacinth, Vanilla, and White Musk! It is amazing! So close to Envy!

pt333
pt333

Wore this fragrance sometime ago and just re-visited it because I was given an unopened bottle that a friend had forgotten about......Why did I ever stop wearing this? Envy is a perfect balance of smokiness and clean....How often do you find that combination in a fragrance? Envy stays close to the skin, is strong but non-intrusive and offers great longevity.....it's a real gem.

izainbox
izainbox

I miss this perfume. I couldn't find this anymore in department stores. So sad, it has been discontinued. Actually, this was my JS prom perfume. I love this perfume so much. Gucci should bring Envy back!

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

Starts off well enough. On initial spritz, it reminds me of fresh spring flowers.Within a few minutes however, it begins to smell like flyspray. The perfume does not last long

dolcethadon

I have been so curious to try this ever since I really fell in love with Envy for men.. It seems that I love fragrances from this time period! They were so unique but modern and sexy.. Well I got myself a little 1.0 ounce bottle and I sprayed one spray on myself just to get to know this Envy.. It sure smells alot different from the men's version but that is because the composition is completely different.. The men's is a spicy oriental whereas this is a fresh green floral but I can see why they are counterparts to each other though.. Well it starts out really fresh and has a interesting synthetic like blast in the opening that I find really nice because it is suppose to be there just like the synthetic hairspray note in Rush for women.. I detect some pineapple in the opening but it starts to fade and more and more florals start to come out.. Now I do not have much experience with women's fragrances so I am not good at distinguishing floral notes but I am learning.. I think I am smelling a lot of lily of the valley, magnolia, hyacinth, and maybe some jasmine.. It is a true green floral, a huge cocktail of florals, many more than the ones I listed.. Once the top notes start to dry down and the florals really start to come out I start to detect this gorgeous metallic vibe that runs throughout Envy.. Maybe it is the lily of the valley, the hyacinth or both together, I do not know but it is so unique and beautiful! The metallic vibe reminds me of money "coins", and adds to the Envy affect.. Than as it dries down there is a hint of musk while the florals still remain prominent but very fresh and clean.. It did not smell overly feminine on me to the point of not being able to wear it..It is basically all florals but they are blended in such a way that it smells very fresh, clean, but not to over the top feminine, of course only if worn in moderation! I heard that Envy was also inspired after the scent of vines and yes it does resemble fresh cut vines and flowers.. I like it because it smells of perfume and not of fruits, candies, or deserts.. It smells like something from its era, very modern and unique but still smells like perfume and not some type of food or cheap body spray.. It is very classy, sophisticated, sexy, clean, fresh and unique.. Oh I miss the times when Gucci use to make things like this..

soonflower
soonflower

Each time I look at my bottle I want to cry.
Why such a beauty was discontinued????

It's fresh, green, little spicy and sophisticated and ohhh so special to me.
I have so many beautiful memories with Envy.
Envy is not loud, it's stays close to skin but is extremely longlasting.

Love and I'm finding a good replacement for it but still nothing can compare to my lovely Envy.

kathy_g
kathy_g

One of my "Lucky 4" faves back to the 1995-1999 (Other babies were Eau d'Eden, Salvatore Ferragamo and Ultraviolet). Clean green, light and comfortable fragrance, gave great vibes.

CycoEva
CycoEva

One of my all time favorites, I wore it everyday in the late 90's for several years. The scent is of clean exotic fresh cut vines. I am so upset that its been discontinued and the prices are skyrocketing for it on ebay. Also be careful of fake Gucci perfumes on Ebay.

Pari88
Pari88

It's so green, smoky, fresh and beautiful. A real sparkly floral with stems included in a smoky hot lake bath. It dries down to a nice floral musk with a little spice and cream. I imagine a misty garden on a spring or summer dusk, the day after it has rained, relaxing in a hot lake with steam emitting from the water. Two sprays will do, nothing more. for days and casual nights out, preferably at the time of dusk, in the Spring, and Early Fall; crowds are welcome.GREEN the color of envy.

hontapocasgreen
hontapocasgreen

One of my regrettable blind buys from TJMaxx in the late 90's. Let's say the perfume memory is strong. Very green floral and sharp. One day I will learn my lesson with cedar and what it works well for me with what notes. Cedar + Lilly of the Valley = headache for me. I see now that bergamot and pineapple are notes. That may have contributed to it's tartness I also perceived. Overall, it was a no for me. It didn't mesh well with my body chemistry. I gave it away to one of my friends and it worked okay on her.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Finally, I found a perfume kiosk that had a tester bottle. Big floral scent but not nauseating. Fresh and soft green but still staying floral. To me this is an attention getter. Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise is floral but cloying and piercing. Bois de Jasmin loves this and Rush. The latter is thick and milky, orange-citrus. Envy feels like fresh scented breeze. Like but wouldn't pursue a bottle. Am afraid to fall too much in love with a discontinued fume.

One spray on me,
Sillage: two feet
Longevity: four hours then fades to skin scent for next three

Update Sep28/2013: Found a bottle in a consignment store tucked on the bottom shelf. I don't think the previous owner sprayed more than once or twice as it is like new and still in the plastic box casing with fliptop opening - score!

summerwong13
summerwong13

So sad it's discontinued. Just like the time knowing Michael Jackson is passed away. That u know ur memory is still there but u can never go back to the time. It's my 1st perfume that I used to wear on the summer afternoon,walking in the quiet suburb streets looking at the trees and flowers. I still have one bottle of it sitting on my table that sometimes bring me bk to these afternoons but its sad to know u can't find it anymore one day when U finish this last bottle.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I had this in the early 2000's and its a nice flowery scent with lots of staying power. Its one of the nicest fragrances I had owned that time. Scent is fresh & I really liked it. Didn't know it was discontinued though.. :(

a 4.5 of 5 for me. Nice daytime scent!

jibsoz
jibsoz

I am so sad that this beautiful fragrance is no longer in production. I wore it daily and everyone I met commented on the fragrance from friends to stangers. I never have had such a perfume that I felt was a part of me.
I start my long search now for something that will come close to what I have lost.

pyx2000
pyx2000

I bought a bottle of this 10 years ago and never appreciated it until I just found it in a box that I didn't unpack after moving! It's an amazing scent and I am sad to see it discontinued. I'm happy that my bottle is almost full though! To me, this fragrance is a bold, bossy, spicy floral that is perfect for a warm summer day. The name absolutely describes it perfectly as it makes you feel like you stand out in that it has a unique quality in it's balance.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

I used it several years ago with love...beautiful, green, fresh and very unique scent..stayed on my skin a long time.

miss mills
miss mills

Funny, I tried this on around ten years ago and it didn't suit me at all, maybe it was the EDP. I recently bought a half full EDT and it is lovely! Lilies and magnolia, two of my favourite flowers and now I have found a perfume with them in which I like to wear, I'm very happy! This is more of a daytime scent for me - work or when I feel I need something green and floraly fresh. I have in the past associated this with more sporty, urban (slightly ritzy!) women than myself but it sits very nicely so I'm giving it another go!

Does anyone know what the green notes are, please? Or does that refer to a particular flower note? I am warming to greens more again but there is a note here that I suspect is in one of my all time favourites, Y by YSL (listed as a chypre fruity though I can't smell fruit in it, it's far more floral chypre to me!) and I can't place it...hm, a mystery...

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

I've just got myself a bottle from one vintage perfume store. I hoped for translucent urban lily of the valley and I got. It is also accompanied by watery-green feeling which I like. can not say anything regarding staying power and projection so far. I hope for a nice aura around me with this perfume as I guess it can project well.

dieplai
dieplai

i love this fragrance so much.1 of my signature scent.i can ware it all year round in any seasons.oh and you have to buy the perfume one not Eau de Toilette so it't last very long.(at least on me.).

turquoiseblue
turquoiseblue

The black bottled eau de parfum was better than the eau de toilette. My favourite fragrance which could be worn day or night. Just wish they'd bring it back!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is ok, but nothing special. I can see why so many people like it but on me it just smells perfumy, powdery and headachy.

EDIT: Wore this to work today and I'm liking it a little better. It dries down into a nice mellow floral, even though the powdery element is still a little old-ladyish (although anything powdery smells like old lady to me, so that could just be a personal association).

zabete
zabete

this is the only scent I can't stand. In the bottle it's not very bad, but once applied on the skin, it smells terrible. not kidding. I had a small bottle but gave it away.
After that I started believing that each scent combines differently on each one's skin. that's why I don't think it's very big deal when someone I know has the same perfume I do....

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

It's really rare when I can't stand ones perfume, and this is the one which can be used to torture my nose. Hyacinthus is the guilty bastard!!. My aunt had small bottle of it...I endured. Than my grandma used middle bottle...I endured again. Now my mama asked me to get her the big bottle for Christmas. Now I'm sure that she wants to get me the Hell out of our house :)

noxii
noxii

you can smell the gucci rush 2 in it

natural
natural

a light, fresh and chic perfume! I had it before but I didn't appreciate it! luckily I still have the bottle I bought 10 years ago and I 'm starting to fall in love with it! Soooo sad it's discontinued... I 'm gonna miss it!

nabegum
nabegum

One of my favourite perfume! I've had this for so long and the smell is musky and sexy. To die for :)

Ginngenie
Ginngenie

This is my most favourite perfume. It is elegant and classy, light and uplifting to the senses. Definitely a day into night perfume. I was so upset that it is now discontinued.

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

I like hyacinth in perfumes and Envy was one of my favourites. It contains modern elegance. Why Gucci discontinued such a masterpiece but makes now average new perfumes every year? Hope to find a bottle somewhere...

Annaengel
Annaengel

This was one of two perfumes I owned that went completely 'bad' on me. I really tried to wear it but couldn't get it right although I loved all the seperate notes.

scentchik34
scentchik34

I just bought this edt online and i was very happy and a little surprised by what i got. On me this is a gentle flowery fragrance, different from everything else in my collection. Its not too strong but it is noticeable in a good way. Smells a bit expensive....but what i like most is that thetes absolutely no "old lady" scent here at all..it smells modern
.kinda. i have to suggest smelling it for yourself as it seems to react different with each persons chemistry.

dasparfum
dasparfum

çok modern, aynı andan hafif ve kalıcı olmasına rağmen bir Gucci değil.

kvety

i had it, i used it all, and i did like it..
whether i would get it again i am not so sure... there is sooooo many other fragrances to try yet, so i probably would not...

for me a little too dry and maybe a little boring...

Clean, yes, interesting, not so much... Sorry Envy...

Vastalux
Vastalux

This was my first perfume i had during my early school day after received as a birthday gift. During that time i even did not know this perfume is for women. But i did really enjoy wearing it and got many compliment from my friends especially boys. End up many of my friends also borrow my perfume.

It smells really green, fresh and sophisticated. I think it can be unisex too. I really adore it. Since it has been discontinued it quite difficult to get in my country.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I love this so much, why have they discontinued? There is nothing else quite like it.

I first smelt it on a colleague and had to ask what it was. I went out and bought some the next day and have loved it ever since.

It is fresh and clean smelling with a note that kind of clashes somehow, like a note gone wrong, but this is what makes it special and sets it apart from your run of the mill florals.

If you like a light, non heavy floral with a depth and a great high, green note, this is for you.

Think freesias and Lily of the Valley with something daring and sexy thrown in to just to be different. Fabulous.

Ouch!
Ouch!

It's strange because I like this but I also find it to be slightly astringent. Maybe it's because I'm just not used to some of the notes contained.
I say astringent because it smells exactly like an aftersun gel I used on holiday once.

Refreshing, green...flowery and somewhat aquatic. I haven't smelled a "perfume" like this before for sure. It's something I would love to have as a face mist straight out of the fridge on a really hot day.

A certain perfumey element that's within the mixture of flowers helps it smell that bit more refined rather than smelling like a hair or skin product (to my nose anyway). I can imagine this would get alot of compliments.

I don't think I could think of a better perfume for sticky hot days when you want to feel clean and refreshed.

Grottola
Grottola

Probably the greatest green floral ever made, except for maybe Chamade by Guerlain. This one isn't harsh at all, and it's not too powdery or heavy on galbanum like many of its ilk. It's simply a smooth, grassy-green lily fragrance that pumps out decent enough longevity and still smells pretty natural. While Envy is a pretty "safe" fragrance, it doesn't really need to be obtrusive or make a huge statement. It takes some talent to be able to create a green floral so pleasant yet natural and soft-spoken. If you can find it, then get it, at least for reference. Even if you're a dude.

elizabethari
elizabethari

Fascinating fragrance! It smelled amazing on my Mom, but went sour and offensive on me. Green and I do not get along so well, which is why I stick to deeper Orientals! For the people who can wear greener florals, I would definitely give this a shot!

may_perfumeaddicted
may_perfumeaddicted

Oh Envy! How I miss you!! I "envy" the ones that can still wear you! :D I have to buy myself another one as fast as possible! It's very light, but doesn't pass unnoticed. One of the few fragrances I've used till the very last drop.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I adore this fragrance, though it goes all weird on my skin.

Opens with sweet, mildly heady lily-of-the-valley and hyacinth synthetic bouquet. Mildly reminiscent of Metal by Paco Rabanne without the intense treemoss(though it's still there). It cools down into a crisp green floral with the odd metallic "violet leaf" note so popular with men's fragrances in the 90s. I can't say this is my favorite part of this fragrance(and I'm a man), but the effect is diminished on fabric. It develops further with a green feel similar to Futur.

The big surprise is the drydown, which is an homage to the legendary Grey Flannel. I actually love this about the fragrance, because there's something in Grey Flannel that makes my sinuses start to seize and swell - not so with Envy.

Projection is metallic and 90s robotic masculine, but up close it stays a tender muguet fragrance. Fresh and romantic, this fragrance is still modern and relevant.

Jan246
Jan246

Is this fragrance still in production? Can't find it anywhere.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I VERY RARELY get headaches from fragrance, but this one does it to me. It's sad, too, 'cause I like it.

nananessa
nananessa

I had a large bottle of this on my dresser along with my other fragrances when my son & his fiance came to visit. His fiance & I like to sample eachother's fragrances when possible & when she saw my bottle of Envy, she admired the bottle, "Oooooo, what is this?" I began to describe the dazzling green, the blend of the florals, how it made me feel like I was surrounded in a beautiful sunny, breezy meadow full of flowers. And I knew she'd love it as much as I did. I was right! She just HAD to have some, so I gave her mine.

It is one of my absolute favorite green fragrances! Several occasions of being asked for the name of what I was wearing because it smelled clean & not too sweet or head-y. Absolutely fabulous!!!

missymary
missymary

From the first moment I was bowled over by Springlike sweet blue hyacinth over crisp cool tart grassy notes. The sweet/sour blend just gels perfectly. There's nothing sharp at all, it smoothly rounded, and it's upbeat. It's sort of a sweeter kinder and happier version of Mitsouko. I admire but I don't like sad/sour green Mitsouko; I love Envy. It's a quite amazingly wearable and comforting green April garden scent

It lasts quite well for several hours of delicious vernal freshness and then fades suddenly. All in all it's a lovely perfume that makes anyone feel young.

Where has this beauty been hiding all my life and why oh why now just as I've found it do I also find that it's being discontinued???? I'm all mixed up by the joy and woe of it. Guess I can stock up and use it sparingly. Don't like that situation, but it's way better than never having found Envy at all.

Santalrosa
Santalrosa

Green fragrances are on the whole difficult for me to wear but Spring is here so thought it would be nice to revisit an old favourite. For the first couple of hours Envy is pretty loud,fresh and very green, but this bold beginning paves the way for a beautiful floral/cut grass heart. Eight hours in and the cedar and oakmoss make their presence known, supported by the feint sweetness of the Jasmine. Now there is a subtle peppery quality which sits so close to the skin, only those you want close to you will notice how special it is.

This review is for the Parfum.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Usually Lily of the valley and my chemistry work wonderfully, however all I get from this is strong celery. This is just my chemistry though, green fragrances and I just don't get along - they will always turn to celery on my skin.

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

2/14/2012- Gucci Envy is said to have been SJP's signature fragrance, worn regularly on set during Sex & the City filming. Now, sadly d/c'd, but still available via various etailers. Stunning! Sparkling, bright, green, gorgeous, fresh floral. Just beautiful- An absolute treasure to own & wear. This is the frag. I'm most often complimented on :) The bottle itself is an architectural piece on my vanity tray! (I know, I know- I keep it covered, yet close-at-hand, because I wear it so frequently). With the long-lived free-advertising buzz created by SJP (who is rumoured to be a very serious fragranista herself, & created her own frag's- purportedly inspired by Gucci Envy), indeed it seems odd that this stunning beauty was d/c'd... Maybe yet another LVMH casualty? I 1st discovered this stunning beauty @ TJMaxx, was hooked immediately, tried to buy more (etail)- learned it had been d/c'd, so I went a little crazy, purchasing a large supply from Perfumania.com. Stored in basement since purchase (dark- in the cardboard case box)- Now, I have too much to wear in a lifetime! I'd love to swap some excess bottles for various frag's (I don't reside near a large city, and have access only to what's carried by non-flagship dept. stores). What I have are the large 1oo ml./3.4 oz., EdT bottles as pictured (my cost was ~ $75). I'm interested in scents like Miss Dior, Dioressence, Aromatics Elixer, and/or similar strong, woodsy/earthy/spicy scents- Those w/ great longevity & projection/sillage. Open to suggestions, (easygoing & flexible re: roughly fair trade), not limited to my "have" or "want" lists. If any member may be potentially interested in a trade, kindly pm me?

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

A really good classy, sexy smell. When I wore this, people always were like mmmm, what do you have on??? For me it doesn't smell like other perfumes. When you have it on...it's definitely Envy from Gucci and no other! Fresh and spicy!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I bought Envy sometime in 2000, and I've kept a small bottle because it's a fresh lily of the valley scent. If you spray too much then it's a headache, and for some people it's too green. It's the sharp green that initially turned me off from it because it was almost medicinal and overwhelming. Those notes quickly pass on my skin and move into the floral part. I would wear this in the spring, but never in warmer weather.

vicka16
vicka16

Gucci Envy is one of my favorites. It is very fresh and crisp, a real delight! About 7 years ago I got EDP in a black bottle. Since then I was trying to find it stores and on line but nobody seemed to know what I'm talking about. Finaly I realised that I should try this version of EDT in a clear bottle with a silver cap. I bought it having no idea what it will smell like... And I love it! It is a bit different from EDP, more crisp and strong (weard, eh?) but the smells gorgeous!

kris919
kris919

I think I only still have this perfume for the compliments. At first, I sorta liked it, but it was very very strong. Then everywhere I went someone would mention it and said I smelled nice. I've kept it I think, to feed my ego on days when I feel crappy lol. strong headachey green, floral, and powdery on me.

nostalgia
nostalgia

This perfume is pure delight to the senses. I wear perfume, not only for how it smells but for how it makes me feel. For me, this perfume provokes the feelings of poignancy, sophistication, nostalgia and happiness. As a gardener, I love to grow flowers and this has many of my favourite scents in it, particularly, hyacinth, lily of the valley and iris - Spring flowers! Absolutely beautiful.
My only negative comment - the packaging does not do justice to this perfume. I particularly do not like the clear platic container which encloses the long skinny bottle. Perfume should not be exposed to the light. This degrades the scent. Apart from that - I am so glad I came across this perfume!

fihe
fihe

this was my first real perfume! I bought it for my senior prom. I would say it smells fresh and "sparkling". I'm awful at pinpointing the notes in fragrances, but after a few hours, it smells warmer, though not too much so. I'd recommend it for everyday use, and for a young woman.

Henry Matisse used to say: "Don't try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out".

Envy is a simple masterpiece. It opens with a sour, sort of unripe, pear/apple accord that is quickly joined by bitter green notes, jasmine and other florals. For a few moments it immediately reminded me of Chanel No.19 but where the Chanel strikes as incredibly serious, the Gucci introduces a light-hearted vibe that gives this composition more versatility. At the same time Roucel is is able to avoid the youthful allure of many compositions of the same genre by balancing the overall freshness with an indolic element that adds a solid consitency to the whole composition.

Overall Envy is potent, long lasting and distinctive...Just perfect. Does great also on a man.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Sweet, sour, and a bit metallic. The fruits and flowers really seemed to stand out for me in the beginning, tinged with an unfortunately sour bergamot note. In the base, it became a drier, slightly green, slightly smokey sort of scent, which I enjoyed a little more. It felt very retro on my skin, although overall it wasn't a winner for me.

Sleuthcity
Sleuthcity

Agree that the start of the fragrance is sharp but soon settles to classic elegance. Loved it for years and will for a long time to come.

jtd
jtd

Why is this called Envy? Should it inspire envy? Symbolize envy? Should I value envy? Sounds much more like a Calvin Klein fragrance wanna-be name, but I bought it, so who’s to say the marketing didn’t work? No. 19 is a sharp green floral, PR Metal is a flinty green floral, Alliage is a cool green floral. Envy is a sour green floral. Bitter works wonderfully in perfume, hence all the great leathers and chypres. Sour is another story entirely. Sour, as in acidic, can add balance to food, but doesn’t really have a comparable place in fragrance. It’s sort of like coffee in that respect. Bitter coffee is an ideal, sour coffee is a shame.

But the sourness here adds a bit of fruit that ties together the green and white florals and makes the whole thing soapy, if a bit cold. I wear it occasionally, and, interestingly, this is one of the few fragrances that people smell on me (a man) and comment positively on. I think sour reads to some people as a sibling tone to the popular “fresh” and “sport.”

I come back to this one occasionally, but I’ve never really grown fond of it. It is an insecticide-like floral, with references to floral notes but not the feel of bloom to it. I think it is the soapiness that makes me not write it off, but I can’t say it is an enjoyable fragrance.

amberino
amberino

I loveeeee love love love loveee this perfume! Definitely my signature scent. It makes me feel clean, fresh and sexy! I can hardly describe how much I love it. I just wish it would stay on a bit longer because I believe it's discontinued now and having to reapply sucks! :(

ducktuck
ducktuck

Crisp, soft, and sweet. Every time I wear this I think "CELERY LOVE", The initial green blast softens within the first half hour, and then this dies down to a very soft; slightly powdered, clean scent. I'm left with the sandalwood and iris which pleases me. This last all day long on me, with medium silage.
I'm very familiar with 5th avenue but I just don't smell the similarity as others have mentioned.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Envy is a smell of almost desinfected cleanness, fresh purity, softly sweetened.

meret
meret

It used to be the signature scent of my wonderful big sis. And I'd describe it through her - it's positive, clean, (not to say pure), sophisticated and beautiful in a smart and intelligent way. I always look up to her, and to the perfume. :)

greydove
greydove

Simultaneously creamy and bitter. There is nothing sweet about this fragrance. Like Envy Me 2, it has a "misty" quality. It reminds me of white, exotic flowers covered in raindrops. I love these two because they smell so different to the sweet or foodie perfumes one expects on a woman, and yet they're undeniably feminine. Mysterious, and regal with a hint of sensuality.

melsid
melsid

As anaaranha told, "I found a new love"! Amazing!

Andrea allão
Andrea allão

Amoooo! Delicioso. Fresco e jovial, porém, marcante!

anaaranha
anaaranha

OMG! I found a new love! This perfume is perfect, what more can I say? It suits me perfectly and I love all the notes, specially the fruit ones, from the beggining until the end, the cedar, musk. This is a very complex perfume IMO, because it has the simplicity of the green fragrances and the sexy/sensous distinction of the florals and woods in the dry down. Splendid job by Maurice Roucel.

Blada
Blada

this is the best fragrance for a day I ever had. it's fresh and green, the lily of the valley - one of my favourite notes is very recognizable, but in general these perfumes are perfect for a day - not too strong, but really clear.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

With the first application, it instantly reminds me of 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden, because I smelt a lot of purple lilacs at once though it's not on the list. But apparently Envy is much less sheer, all the flowers and fruits are well-balanced and neither too sweet nor too sour. A very beautiful and totally inoffensive floral scent.

It's defined as "Floral Green" I noticed, and many reviewers have the experience that it will turn into very green at certain phase. But maybe I've observed the "green" in a slightly different way: I'd like to refer to some of Annick Goutal's recent releases as floral green scents (like Ninfeo Mio or Un Matin d`Orage), which smells exactly like the lush grassy gardens. For Envy, instead, I will give it a label of pure "Floral", though the category is not always so important if you like it.

At last it's the name, Envy, I think everyone will like you if you wear this perfume, rather than envy. Just my personal perspective, still respect its naming though. Anyway, a gorgeous meanwhile versatile fragrance, suitable for every woman who appreciates herself and enjoys life.

scentorita
scentorita

This was really nice although it did give me headache. But I'm willing to try it again in case it was just a fluke on my part because this frag definatley deserves a second chance!
It started off very fresh and crisp. I live in the country and it smelled like I just stepped outside after a rainstorm. Refreshing and cool. Then the florals started to become noticable and I could detect the hyacinth and jasmine easily.
Longevity was good for me 6 hours.

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

I used to love this one, and I was addicted to it... After a year I got tired of it and now I can´t stand it on me.
However, it´s spectacular before u get tired of it...!
To me it´s a very special fragrance. Creamy, sensual, sexy.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Oh my, I loved this back in the day! Need some more too in my collection! Green fresh cool and sexy! I would recommend it, good to wear anytime!

ozbekzafer
ozbekzafer

Nice but very nice. I give it 7 on 10. It smells better after 1-2 hours.

aniston
aniston

I'm on my 2nd bottle now of Gucci Envy. For me, it smells better and last longer when sprayed on my clothes. On skin, it becomes quite bitter and annoying at the dry down.

Trinity
Trinity

To "SedNonSatiata"...what a beautiful review!!!

olga1780
olga1780

Very green, moderately sweet and floral.... very pretty. I am amazed by the lasting power. On me it lasts at least 7 hours!

Lovable Amy
Lovable Amy

Its a simple, clean, and greeny powdery scent. Very nice i think.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I have had Envy for years and it is a fantastic clean scent. I really enjoy it. It reminds me of Spring/Summer when there is a gentle breeze blowing through the trees and you have your windows open and get a whiff of flowers, fresh cut grass, tree leaves and sunshine all rolled into one. Love love love it!

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

top notes: citrus and freesia give the freshness and slight sweetness(the floral sweetness of freesia), magnolia smooths things out, lifting the scent up a little

then after a few minutes, you smell violet, continuing the silkiness from the magnolia. AND THEN, here come the key notes: jasmine and LILY-of-the-VALLEY!, which make the fragrance sexy and classy and confident.

and the funny thing and probably the BEST thing about this fragrance is that it DOES have the metallic money vibe, not strange or weird at all. the cash vibe makes it VERY unique

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I have never seen such a marked contrast between the top notes and the rest in a perfume! This one starts out fresh and citrusy and then unexpectedly transforms into a creamy, soft, mellow and delicate bouquet of flowers. I don't care much for the opening as I don't like citrus, but the rest smells beautiful to my nose.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I'm completely crazy with this one, my absolute favortie at the moment .
It's incredibly sexy , it gives me more confidence and makes me feel more feminine immediately.
I'm very surprised by the many bad reviews, to me it's just perfect , orginal and stunning. Not just the basical green one, it has a little magical touch that makes he different.
It becomes impossible to find in shops in my country, thank God i can order it online.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Envy EdT starts out, appropriately enough, green. It is also slightly bitter and fresh, with lots and lots of jasmine. All too quickly the lovely sharp-edged beginning fades away, leaving a generic floral scent reminiscent of vinyl doll skin anointed with a questionable mixture of extremely synthetic jasmine, hyacinth, and lily-of-the valley.

The green beginning persists slightly longer on my clothing than on my skin, and is still fairly pleasant after the stuff on my wrists has gone off into its dance of the plastic flowers, but the clothing scent, too, eventually descends into the pit of ultra-loud, gratuitous floral.

After an hour or two the floral scent was so overpowering that I had to scrub. I washed with soap and water, scrubbed with alcohol, then with acetone, and all this succeeded in doing was knocking down the intensity to something approaching tolerable. I’m now left with drugstore jasmine and LOTV clinging to my skin for the rest of the day, so I can’t even test anything else. Eight hours later the stuff is there.

Given the intensity of the floral notes after just dabbing a little, I shudder to think of the olfactory disaster that could be caused by spraying. Not for me.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

minimalist? you can say that again. bitter green apple, dewy leaves, magnolia and musk are what i get the most. very green scent. somedays you dont want to smell like candy or soap. i reach for this one when i want to feel beautiful but left alone.
doesnt happen tho, b/c this perfume does receive lots of attention.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

Am-m-mazing scent! It was my early-spring perfume back in 1999, brings a lot of romantic memories, I would gladly wear it again! Envy is a whiff of joy and excitement, it's bright, soft, fresh, uplifting, classy and elegant, something you really can't get enough of, it says 'rise and shine, go out, enjoy your life, ride a fast car, fly with a wind, love and be happy, move on and on and on... spring is never-ending, life is never-ending...' Oh, I better get myself a new bottle, spring is coming soon ;-)

Sassy1
Sassy1

Another one with lots of reviews so not much more I can add.
My impression is a bright leafy fougere bullet straight to the brain and powdery pinapple.
It doesn't evolve at all for me (EDT) and disappers after about an hour or so.
I don't have much luck with green scents and this one's no different.
Might be ok for summer but I'd have to get the EDP or re-apply 10 times a day.
Phew! I'm worn out already!

I love Envy. Envy makes me envision golden sunlight shining down on a green meadow, dotted with granny-smith apple trees and a thin carpet of lily-of-the-valley.

In the workplace, sweet scents can make a woman seem too soft. You want to be the boss of all the men, not the woman who bakes their cookies when they get home from work. In a corporate environment, this fragrance can convey confidence, boldness, and ingenuity. It is fresh, crisp, modern, and completely cosmopolitan. Think Manhattan.

romrom
romrom

stunning fragrance, makes me think of the 10th grade and old love :-)
very sexy and clean, it's nice for everyday use

yudisuseno
yudisuseno

the top notes are wonderful, so pineapple and fresh but not too fruity, i say it is quite daring for a lady's scent.
the heart notes are quite intense
but when it reaches the base notes, omygod. it smells beautiful
the longevity is very nice too

meisha
meisha

I used to like it back when I was in my teens. I had the edp and the edt. Recently I saw it in the department store and thought I would get a new 1 and try it again but almost puked when I smelled it.

pia6
pia6

This perfume to me just smells soapy and warm. I bought it because believe it or not I wanted a very plain in offensive perfume just because I have so many and they are all quite strong. It cost me a fortune but I love it. I can see how people could feel a little nauseated or think of celery or zuccini. On me I just smell soap! If you want something very plain but not unisex this is it but definitely test it in case you are one of those people who either feel sick or can smell cellery!! I can't so I am lucky.

camillia
camillia

It's a creamy green floral to me. I would describe this as a linear, slender, fluid, cleverly balanced construction.
What characterizes the scent is the accord of dewy, trembling lily of the valley where in some moments the flowers come to the foreground, and in other moments the stalks. This is tempered by a creaminess/butteriness that I think comes from pineapple.
The scent has a self-contained yet strong presence.
I love the suggestive potential of ENVY, it just makes me dream. Right now, E is humming the ballade of a woman who, with unease at heart, steps out of nubile daintiness into the unknown things-to- come.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I liked Envy when it was first sprayed on me. Then I had a similar experience as Sherapop , it changed into something not so good during the day. I washed it off after a few hours. Given the fact that it does smell good when applied , I would have to assume that it's personal chemistry at work again.
It's components react over time with your skin and may not dry down to something that you like. On some it just fades out I see from the reviews. On myself it started smelling really weird about lunchtime and I wanted it off me. I gave it away , not for me.

Gucci ENVY edt opens propitiously with patches of lily of the valley peppering pastures of springtime grass gently swaying in the breeze. Fresh and clean, green without the mean. If I could call a halt to the trajectory of this fragrance at about the thirty-minute mark, we would be best friends.

Unfortunately, what ensues is a metamorphosis into a synthetic-smelling drydown, as though the flowers became frozen in motion through a process of plastification, and the grass suddenly hardened to artificial turf. These disturbingly sturdy components may well last for eternity--or until the wearer decides to take a vigorous bath, whichever comes first!

With such a splendid array of notes, I had high hopes for ENVY, especially when I found out that it was a floral green that I had somehow neglected for so many years. Now it becomes clear, however, that it wasn't meant to be. The reason is as plain as can be: it just doesn't like my skin!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

FINALLY, a green perfume which doesn't translate directly into screechy & headache-inducing to my brain. Yay!!!!

To my nose, this is a soft green mist of incredible beauty. It is full, deep, wet & comforting all at the same time. It even brought a prick of tears into my eyes. I felt so emotionally vulnerable wearing it. Cathartic even.

It reminds me of a fierce and unquenchable human spirit. Frail & fallible but strong at the same time.

Maurice Rocuel is a genius!

stibby101
stibby101

Gucci Envy is definitely an interesting scent with it's sharp green notes it directs attention. Although I am not a fan I can appreciate it and this fragrance speaks for itself and states, Power Play.

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

This perfume is extremely modern, green, fresh, and sophisticated. It's nothing like my other perfumes as I tend to go towards vanilla..vetiver...rose etc. I used to only wear this perfume to work. I wanted to look sharp and smell totally different from everyone else. It's definitely NOT grandma's perfume.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Deliciously green-but not a fresh or alluring fragrance... There is just way too much of a metallic taste for me-and I agree with Malegria about the stale base. I wish I could find this fragrance the same way Adiro finds it-maybe the lot of people who would believe warmer (and more "Oriental") fragrances will always work better for me are right-to some extent! If I want to smell light green, or like cold crisp flowers, I would choose Metal by Paco Rabanne or maybe Cristalle EDT.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Envy is a bold green perfume, who stands on the thin line towards arrogance and plastic appearance. Has probably the most acrid notes I have ever experienced in a scent, and this gives him sharp attitude. Apart from that, while wearing it, Envy acquires metallic notes from time to time, then losses them in lemonade crisp yellow peel. And so it evolves in its grass-gold, freezing pot. For at least 12 hours.

It is a battlefield. The skin under Envy’s occupation. Peach submarines, lemon grenades, pineapple swords, flower torpedo’s, oakmoss aviation. I would love to smell Envy on a women or a men. The edgy smell on the verge of cynicism.

Andorsia
Andorsia

I bought this perfume because I liked the scent, sophistication and crispiness, but never finished the bottle. There was something that did not work on me. Although I wanted to like it, it is a fresh crisp scent.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Well to slightly buck the trend, I'm going to say I didn't like this very much. Was given it as a gift and I'm afraid I found it really rather dull. I mean, it was alright, but only alright. Also, part of the reason I never wore it was because I always felt like I smelled a little like a gin & tonic! I think the crisp sharpness and slight zest must've been why, but it made me paranoid people might think I was a secret drinker, ha ha! That's probably just me though :S

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

I am going to try to describe this without using the words 'Fresh' or 'Green'. But I can't. It is those two qualities, plus a big splash of uniqueness!

Sorry, not very good as describing the individual notes, but it's a beautiful smell.

Only thing is, it's quite strong and makes me sneeze. But lasts ages. Perfect for day and night!

The reason I love it is because it reminds me so much of a weekend a couple of years back where there was a really posh spa + pool, which smelt exactly like this. Relaxing!

guest_bushido
guest_bushido

my eyes would have to possess 360 degrees mobility to roll in order to express how annoyed i feel everytime someone calls envy just green fresh or hm..nice.(awfully popular qualities) wide people masses step away!maurice has actually succeeded into coaxing dominat notes like lotv or hiacynth to give up on their individual standing so they can together create fantastic sentiment which parfumer indentified with envy.firmly handled and conjured so everylady within envy's reign can summon any feeling desired:sexappeal,confidence,elegance... one of the best relations between top & heart notes,with good longevity(edp). its not for everyone,not because of the skin's reaction to it,but because of personality needed.but the most interesting thing is the ever altering moods of this parfume,the ability to reinvent itself and offer something new.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I really feel that the name of this perfume totally fits the scent which feels mean, green and synthetic to me. It's not unpleasant but wearing it felt like having an angry green goblin sitting on my arm! I'll stick to No 19 for my green kick.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

This perfume smells green and fresh. I do like green-floral perfumes and it's just like that.Neither green notes nor floral notes are more dominant.This perfume has a good balance and it will not bother you.

kvety

This one has everything i need for a fresh and lasting smell, sophisticated and feminine...

One of my top favourites. very fresh and interesting, opens nicely and settles even better.

It lasts quite well on my skin as well...

I don't usually like fresh, green scents, however in this situation I really enjoyed wearing Envy.

Upon first application, Envy is very green and quite refreshing. The fruits balance themselves out nicely along with the magnolia and freesia. Thankfully pineapple is a subtle note here, because with most perfumes pineapple likes to rear its ugly head and cause me to dislike a scent.

As the fragrance settles on the skin it becomes increasingly grassy, but not sharp like Chanel No.19. Envy is tame and polite, it doesn't like to make a loud, obtrusive statement.

Envy feels very modern for its time. Its slight metallic-like quality captivates me. Although Envy is something that I probably wouldn't wear, I am very intrigued by it. Envy fascinated me from the very beginning to the very end.

The lasting strength is average, if not a little better than average. Like I mentioned before this isn't a particularly strong scent, so I'd say it is fairly intimate. A green floral that I do surprisingly recommend.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Simply amazing and tremendously long-lasting as all Gucci fragrances are. Suited for everyday use and is sure to garner comments.

LoveLy
LoveLy

this is a timeless scent, very happy i had it...definitelyneed to go pick some up very soon.. i usually dont like floral green scents but this one was a pleasant change
:-)

Aphrobaby
Aphrobaby

Fresh. Crisp. Sexy. Spicy. Delicious.
Reminds me of Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. They're both equally Refreshing and also Invigorating at the same time.

I finally decided to buy this for my mom as a Christmas gift. I wanted a nice fresh and green perfume, but without being too green (she is not the kinf O de Lancome, for instance). After a dilligent casting i chose Envy and Cool Water and i sprayed on my both back hands a bit, to make the difference on the skin (we have the same chemistry) and outside the shop. And i need to say that Cool Water seemed all of a sudden too floral and too chemical, while Envy developed a very nice, subtle and delicate aroma of citrus+ muguet. After a few minutes i really found that Cool Water gives me headache (only by comparison, i still consider that it's a nice flowery perfume). So I chose Envy, which is exactly what I was looking for: fresh, a bit airy, discreet, citrusy, but with a nice floral body and a very delicate drydown. Note that i chose this perfume knowing that my mother has a quite serious allergy and she can't stand the perfumes that are overpowering. She is not supposed to use perfume, but like every woman sometimes she needs to put some, for her well being. I will let you know if envy was a good choice for her or not. Anyway, to say it so, it's the kind of perfume that doesn't offend anybody, the kind of scent that you can risk to buy as a present.

mochashel96@gmail
mochashel96@gmail

have just got the scent the other day,i like it so far,but don't put too much on its overpowering and it gave me a headache the first time i tried it

Adiro
Adiro

Gucci Envy! Where do I start?
It's beautiful like platinum blond bimbo from Hollywood: it's loud, sofisticated, very processed, somehow artificial, yet if we are to be fair, it's so eye-catching beautiful!

It's actually a rare perfume, I have never smelled anything like it before. Very green, very floral very loud. Men find it extremely sexy, and it is easily noticeable.

The notes: a combo of usual and unusual flowers, with a little bit of unripe green fruit mixed in. The fresia, hyacint and the rose are rolled around in a beautiful mix. The jasmine is soft enough not to bother me ( I don't like jasmine). The iris is impossible to distinguish. It stays on fresh with little to no development on my skin.

Projection and lasting power are incredible, both on skin and on clothing.
It's a perfume for ladies that love to be noticed. In minute amounts it is great in the morning, a very "wake up and be alive" type of smell. It's also excelent in the evenings, especially in the warm season, because it is such a frozen cold smell. It is superb and modern, but it needs to be used in moderation to get the best out of it!

fragrance_republic
fragrance_republic

I love it...of all the perfumes i got. this one's my favorite...

azuriiita
azuriiita

Its uncomplicated and classic... nice floral...

On my skin: a delicate note of watery pineapple shell... good note of hyacinth (in my opinion, its very difficult to find in many fragrances)... right balanced woody notes mixing with jasmine(soft). Good lilly of the valley note too... I am agree with comments about 'metal nuances' inside this one.

I associate this fragrance with my silver jewellery :) and with the city dynamism... and with images of kinetic metal sculptures

In my opinion, would be very rare irritate the mood of anybody if you wearing this fragrance.

Also its elegant and shiny... suitable for afternoons.

GagaMaga
GagaMaga

beautiful parfume! it smells so elegant and feminine, it makes me feel like if I am on a coctail with a beautiful black dress, I like it very much, it is the most elegant aroma for me right after chanel 5 :)

I'd so wanted to try this, but it was so sharp and powerful it ended up smelling just like bugspray on me. Had to wash. Terrible with my chemistry.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I love lily of the valley, & was told to try this fragrance.

It is lovely & green - like eating a juicy peach, whilst sniffing a garden full of flowers, after a crushing downpour of rain that has bruised their stems..... & with a metal spoon jammed in your mouth!

Sadly, it's a little sweet for me & hits me with a perfume headache (right above the left eye, ugh...is it violets?) so it is not one for me, & something else: it starts to smell a little 'off' after a while...rotting stalks?!

It is, however, very distinctive - you could pick this one out of a line-up with ease.

om
om

I used to love so much when it appeared in the market! I could wear it all year round - green, but deep and rich at the same time. I don't know what happend - or my taste has changed or the perfume was modified, but I smell something odd and disturbing - what was not present here before.. what a pity..

Lime909
Lime909

I have just bought this, after a friend's cousin from Denmark wore it to a dinner party and I fell in love with the way it smelled on her!

Unfortunately, it does not seem to last long on my skin, but it is beautifully fresh and green. Maybe I need to be more extravagant with the amount I spray on :-)

ktv0926
ktv0926

I love it - daring, bold, self-confident, sexy. The fragrance with an attitude!
Flowers are elegant and lovely with some metal undertones, captivating!
The only thing I don't like about Envy is the bottle.

michellehii
michellehii

This is a classic. I've tried on scent paper today, smell nothing special in the beginning, but was thrilled after the scent set. Sexy, I can say. Don't know how it going to do with my body chemistry. Will definitely try out soon :D

Blue-Rose
Blue-Rose

class & good fragrance. I have tested in parfumery and i like it, great floral/moss scent ! Gucci is a super brand <3

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I tested this the other day and didn't expect to lie it at all. I've never been a huge fan of Gucci fragrances, and I've never found a floral green that I really enjoy. They always smell unpleasant to me.

That being said, I LOVE IT! The opening was as green as it could be without burning my nose hairs, and I actually liked it. I don't know what makes this one different, but it made me feel very confident...bold...in a no-nonsense kind of way. It was sharp and bitter but incredibly sexy and feminine at the same time.

The floral dry-down was very pleasant as well and it lasted all day on me. I see this as being a great summer fragrance to add to my collection!

Malegria
Malegria

A really good lily-of-the valley scent.In my opinion, the only stunner in the Envy family.The downfall here is the base - it smells stale, and since the fragrance simply lasts forEVER, reapplying may result in a nightmarish overdose.

essija
essija

Classy, elegant, cool and green, I thought I was soo cool to own a bottle of gucci at the time, so yeah maybe envy is a great name for it...

long lasting but boring.I already told that it's similar to another perfume,named cafe-cafe adventure.

golden

This is a classy, elegant fragrance.
I disagree that it is suited for old ladies! Maybe in the Usa. In europe women with class wear it.

golden

This is a classy, elegant fragrance.
I disagree that it is suited for old ladies! Maybe in the usa. In europe women with class wear it.

Jasper
Jasper

The opening was so....green I could have mistakenly thought it was a male scent. But it become more and more faminine as it dried down. I kept smelling my wrist because of its nice, fresh and green yet sweet floral base. Never own anything quite like it.

PELA
PELA

a very light perfume.i like it wearing it only in spring.i think that it suites better in young girls.

liat
liat

Very classy, very "rich" on my skin. It's much better than the onther envy's.

winx61
winx61

Molto fresco, fiorito, semplice. Ricorda le erbe fresche, i fiori carnosi... Bellissimo l'accordo violetta, giacinto e mughetto...

Passionflower
Passionflower

This was given to me as a present and luckily, I liked it! Have to agree with Gemini's comment though, it's good but nothing special.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I smelled this for the first time recently, and it smelled so much like CK One. I guess it was made around the same time as CK One. It almost has the exact same opening. However, I really don't like this one. It's flat.

ydee
ydee

Like this one, because I like lily of the valley and freesia in this much, both come up strong on my skin.
It depends on the weather if it smells intenser or not, not too long lasting in colder weather and is a lot better in warm weather, very green and fresh. Love it.

Today realized it is very much like Muguet du Bonheur Caron, have both and put both on, Muguet du Bonheur is a little sweeter.

jeca
jeca

For me this is a scent from 1990-ties, tender and strong, with metal nuances, very urban and trendy (for that time).

Moszatka
Moszatka

I like it, because of the lilly-of-the-valley and peach. It's an elegant fragrence.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

This smells like every other very light nondescript and uncomplex floral that is on the market today. This is very very light & it doesn't last long at all on my skin. Definitely not a smell I'd Envy on anyone I'd pass. Not my cup of tea.

xnyorkr
xnyorkr

I stunning green. Just green. Fresh, classy, easy to take. I thought it has vetivert in it, or at least it smells that way to me, but maybe not.

2007

Envy by Gucci 3.85 out of 5 based on 1001 ratings and 144 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Envy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Envy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Envy by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Envy by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.