Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1072 I had it: 466 I want it: 625 My signature: 31

Flora by Gucci Gucci for women Videos
Flora by Gucci Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gucci for women Pictures

New fragrance by the house of Gucci, named Flora by Gucci, aims at young customers and it was inspired by a floral motive. Flora is, after Gucci by Gucci, the second fragrance under creative leadership of the house of Giannini from Florence. The first one, Gucci by Gucci, is perfect for a powerful Gucci woman, while Flora is addressed at a sensual, young girl.

Perfume Flora by Gucci opens the door to new creations by the house of Gucci, which are being planned for younger audience. Top notes introduce citruses and peony, a heart is enriched with rose and osmanthus (Chinese flower which enchants with fruity-floral aromas with leather notes), while base notes encompass patchouli and sandalwood. Perfumers behind this edition are from the house of Firmenich.

In order to create a bottle for Flora, designers of the house of Giannini built on architectural structure of Gucci by Gucci bottle by giving geometric shape of hexagon to the new edition, while champagne nuance was chosen as colour of fluid.

Advertising face is Abbey Lee, Australian model, who is wearing a silk dress with floral print. In a shot by Chris Cunningham in a cornfield in Latvia, Lee is captured as standing in the middle of more than 40000 silky flowers dancing in rhythm of wind with musical background of original remix - “I Feel Love” by Donna Summer. Inez & Vinoodh photographed advertising materials with a floral pattern.

Perfume Flora by Gucci has arrived on the market in April 2009 and is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml EDT, as well as 100 ml deodorant, 200 ml perfumed body lotion and 200 ml perfumed body bath.

Citruses Peony Mandarin Orange

Osmanthus Rose

Sandalwood Patchouli Pink Pepper

Flora by Gucci Eau de Parfum

Flora by Gucci Fragrance Reviews

mrskk
mrskk

Pretty, clean, fresh floral scent, this perfume reminds me of Emotion Rasasi for women but softer version

jackiec87
jackiec87

This perfume is really gorgeous. I bought it recently and I literally own over 70 bottles of perfume but this is quickly climbing to the top of my list. The problem with most rose fragrances is they end up smelling very old lady-ish when I wear them but that's not the case with this perfume. It is just the right amount of floral and sweet so that it doesn't become to sweet or to mature it's the perfect balance. They say that this is aimed at the younger market but I think anyone in there 20s or older can wear this perfume and it's so lovely that I think it could be worn as a day or evening scent. All in all if you are looking for a floral with just the right amount without smelling like a bouquet this ones for you.

Aeris
Aeris

I finally found a floral based Gucci fragrance that I like. I'm sorry, but the Garden Collection was horrible...especially the Magnolia and Tuberose ones which were very chemical-like and smelled nothing like the flowers they claimed to emulate (I would know, I grew up with said flowers in my garden). Well, now that I've lost any potential for gaining upvote balloons....on with the Flora review.
I should've purchased this one first. Flora is a beauty. It's a soft, sweet citrus floral. It's beautiful in all its simplistic, innocent beauty. I picture myself walking in a Victorian or Chinese garden while wearing a long, flowy dress when I wear Flora. I was also pleasantly surprised to see osmanthus make an appearance. It's a lovely, unique exotic flower that I haven't smelled in many perfumes. I also find Flora to be very sweet, which I personally like. It smells like sugared exotic flowers and mandarin. This is a happy fragrance that temporarily makes me feel like all is ok with the world.

shasta
shasta

So glad I bought this, cause I thought I wouldn't like it. Smells so pretty and elegant. The patchouli: non-existent. The citrus: barely detectable. I wish the florals were a bit more lush but understandably, this is an innocent perfume. Hmmm... Gonna take a shower and drown myself in this. I wonder how that'll turn out.

raunchy
raunchy

Not my kind of taste, but i love it!!

paulie86
paulie86

I love Gucci Flora it's my favorite summer time scent. It's what I wore all last summer and i'm happy it's time to pull it out again. When you first spray Flora it smells like sweet juicy citrus with apricot from the osmanthus, and then dries down to a mixture of peony sandalwood and musk.It always reminds me of orange flavored starbursts for some reason lol but that's the best way I can describe it. It's light and refreshing perfect for breezy spring days or to spray on to feel fresh on scorching hot ones. Flora is a simple scent but very beautiful soft and feminine. I always get asked what i'm wearing whenever I have Flora on and i'm perfectly happy to reveal what it is so they can go buy it lol. Gucci Flora is one of my all time favorite scents and one of my most complimented in my collection. People might find it boring but I think it's a modern classic I think everyone should try it.

DanitKhay
DanitKhay

My boyfriend gifted me this when we first dated. I swear I like it a lot. I started using it since then. He always goes back home with that smell after we hang out or make love.
It is so sweet and classy!

I love it!

Juliana6
Juliana6

Pure, a classic feminine fragrance. Yes, it's simple, but that's where its strength, the key to its popularity is. Sometimes you just don't want anything complex, unique, over the top, so this could be it. But I don't think it's boring!
I think it's a safe, versatile and just beautiful perfume. It has no limits -no age limits, no wearing time limits, no season limits.
Just like a warm breeze coming over the fields of gold in the evening when the sun is about to set, when everything stays still to celebrate the arrival of a quiet, warm summer night.

sempervirens
sempervirens

Fresh floral scent, almost a soliflore to me. I guess it's the osmanthus note I smell- I don't know how it smells in real life - with some addition of citrus and maybe peony. I don't really get rose in this. Oh, and there's definitely pink pepper in the base.
Of the three Flora fragrances (EDP, EDT, eau fraiche) I like this one the least. That's not to say it's a bad fragrance, it is elegant, well blended, I just like the other ones more. And from floral family I have other favourites.
Longevity and silage are very good.

I like it very much! It is delightful floral scent, like a strong blooming bouquet. Not too strong, but it definitely makes a statement.
For a bold floral scents' lover, I would say.

KaleyQ
KaleyQ

Smells very feminine, but doesn't last long. I wish it lasted longer. I love the way the citrus and floral scents compliment each other. They blend perfectly in this fragrance.

musi1701
musi1701

Und wieder mal die Körperchemie,wo nicht mitmacht! Kann leider nicht tragen.

MsDana
MsDana

A lovely fresh floral scent, with citrus sweetness. A very pretty fragrance. Who cares if it is not "unique" enough, why can't a perfume simply be beautiful? This is a beautiful feminine fragrance, and I am enjoying it because of it's simplicity.

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

I just got this yesterday and I love it. Is it possible for floral to be yummy? I dont know but Gucci have managed it in this perfume. I almost feel like it has some vanilla mixed into the flowers. Just beautiful not a boring scent at all

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

The bottle of this perfume is gorgeous i think that i find my favorite perfume..this!!!
When i wear it,i feel the smell of autumn...great!!!

napiergirl
napiergirl

Tried today ,the dry down is nice , but the first hour all I got was the smell of hairspray , be it lovely hairspray but wouldnt buy ...anyone else get that fresh out of a salon vibe with this?

sureyya
sureyya

Oh, this is the gem I wore on my wedding day.. I truly love it...

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

un classico accordo agrumato che sposa un accordo legnoso, è particolarizzato dall' osmanto. sicuramente perfetto per una personalità apparentemente fragile e distante, un lungo abito di organza e via...

bojana23
bojana23

i never tried it on myself but it smells SO GOOD om my male gay co-worker!

Flora, to my nose, is almost an osmanthus soliflore. Save a bit of peony and pink pepper.
It's soft and feminine. The apricot tones of osmanthus give it a lush, fruity quality. Flora is slightly fleshy, but very fresh.
I can't say it's particularly special, but it is very wearable and easy to like.

sjd610
sjd610

I received a tester vial of this and it smells like a cheap Avon perfume, no offence to Avon perfume fans.

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

I've always love this perfume. It literally smells like clean skin...

dcookoo
dcookoo

I had preconceived ideas of Flora being an over the top sickening floral scent. However, when I was given a bottle as a gift I was quite pleasently suprized, I get more of a citrus-floral vibe from this. Initally, I get a burst of mandarin orange with the peony, with a small amount of the citrus aswell. The other floral notes in this perfume do not come into play until at least 30 minutes on the skin. Then, after that, I can smell rose and a slight hint of patchouli. The mandarin orange does a good job at balancing the floral notes, and stopping Flora from becoming an over the top floral scent. I applied this about 9 hours ago and can still smell it on my wrist, so no problems with the longevity.

Overall, I like it. Will I re-purchase? Probably not, but I'll enjoy using this bottle up nevertheless. A worthy buy if you're looking for a well balanced floral scent with good longevity.

7/10.

deetopia
deetopia

Nice flowery perfume, but unfortunately do not last long. :(

aym
aym

On me this is a wonderful soft floral and I really like the scent. The only thing is that for me it seems like a spring/summer scent. I bought a small bottle and wear it twice a week but I am still looking for a fall/winter scent. Any suggestions? I don't think it last very long compared to my other perfumes but I still love it.

katushka37
katushka37

Flora is one of those EDT that didn't agree with me. It smells very strong on my skin with huge and suffocating hit of sweet florals. It actually made me move away from rloral scents all together for a while. I am slowly re-introducing myself to florals, wearing predominantly white and mild rose.

Mercedesxoxo
Mercedesxoxo

Flora is about the ONLY strong floral that I can enjoy. It's just sweet enough to tone down the often-harsh white florals whilst drying down to a creamy sandalwood base. It's fresh and beautiful and sophisticated while still being youthful. A much better scent than any recent Gucci creation, in my opinion.

It is one of the few perfumes (Angel, Black Orchid, Le Male) that lasts all day on my dry skin. Sillage is amazing so it can be quite strong for those around you. When wearing Flora during the day I like to walk through the spritz or spray it on my skin before dressing. I have made myself sneeze with a couple of early liberal applications!

I have yet to smell Flora on anyone but myself so it could be a unique signature for a lucky woman. And the glass bottle is not bad to look at on your vanity either.

tanzp
tanzp

i have a 50 mill bottle edt 90% full to swap i live in newzealand ;]

Scout
Scout

This is light and pleasant and good for work. I like the streak of rose that emerges. And the faint (ever so faint) fruit keeps it bright and energetic. It does have what I call a "thin veil" aura about it, the same one that appears in Bvulgari, D&G, and Guerlain florals. It's not quite the same smothering a veil as in some of those lines, which is why I can wear this. I think No. 5 Premiere is more classy, and if I had to choose, would go with Premiere. But this is certainly a winner and manages to be both modern and old fashioned at the same time. I will like to find this lingering on my blouses.

Селина.Волкова
Селина.Волкова

One of my favorite perfumes its amazing and I just LOVE IT!!!

z3irr
z3irr

my top fevoret one

Beautyx
Beautyx

Fell in love when i first smelled it, so girly and sweet :)

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

Floral and citrus. i do get some pepper which adds a little kick. while sweet it isnt the marshmellow type of sweet. for a floral i kind of like this one. a day time fragrance that could be worn to work. a spring or summer fragrance. every now and then i get a vanilla quality which is really nice. it is a bit tart smelling, which i think when paired with the pepper makes it a little more sophisicated. i tend to like more unisex fragrances, but i think i could wear this in spring. it kimda makes me think of eating a pastry outside in spring with a glass of oj for breakfast.

i asked my husband and he said peppery vanilla. i really like this.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very fresh citrus in the opening, and sweet at the same time. However about an hour in when the citrus fades it turns into a rather generic floral. The opening is the most interesting part. It's inoffensive and light and good for the office. However it doesn't really stand out very well.

tophcam
tophcam

To me, this smells like sour gummy bears covered in white gold. It's light but deep and very sweet. I suppose the osmanthus is a type of floral that is naturally sweet on its own because I'm not a huge fan of florals - but yet I love this.

marily
marily

Overpowering floral scent which causes you a headache and nausea.....It's not of my favourite Gucci's perfumes....I would highly recommend to test to your skin before purchasing

fiouu
fiouu

This is litteraly pure osmanthus juice (at least on my skin). When I was young, my parents sent my brother and I to a club for a month or so in summer (we live in argentina). It was kind of like a summer camp, except we went there every year (you were admitted until.you turned 14) and we got there at 9 am and left forlunch I guess. In the club there was a huge shrub that was always surrounded by bees so we weren't allowed to go near it, it was really close to the pool area so the 'counselors/teachers' were careful with the bees. One day I took a bunch of those sticky white flowers and found out that if you took the bottom of it, pulled and removed the bulb and sucked on the 'straw' (how we used to call it) you would taste a honey-like sweet substance. The smell of the shrub itself was sweet, this translated wonderfully in Flora, it's not sweet in an overtly chemical way, it's more like herbal/natural sweetness. It's not bad if you like to smell like osmanthus, but it's aswell quiye strong and my.colleagues find it quite nauseating, it lasts forever, and if overapplied can give you the barfs/headaches. If you've bought it and feel like there's something missing (in my case I like it but the osmanthus is just so weird/off putting) I found out you can use the herbal sweetener for perfumes that are extremely dry/sour (chanel 19/ chance eau fraiche/ paco rabanne metal cabotine, etc) to add a little something, this is only my experience since Flora translated into osmanthus and pink pepper, no sandalwood, no rose, nothing

cobralily
cobralily

This one, for my preference, is far too sweet. I only get the slightest hint of floral before it is totally mitigated by sweet, sweet and more sweet. That's just my opinion, if you love sweet, this one is for you.

bloueyhunz
bloueyhunz

Somehow expecting the scent will be soft in my own perception but when i apply it, i felt headache of it's smell. Its just not for me i guess. I still have a full bottle of it.
A friend of mine said this perfume is more when we have a special occassion in the evening.

umtaleb
umtaleb

This is so over-powering when first applied. One hot mess until dry-down.

If you survive to dry-down, it develops into a well-executed floral. The mandarin orange seems to go overly sweet on my skin, almost to distraction. The base notes seem to get swallowed up as well.

Smells divine on paper and a work colleague.

Strongly recommend skin test before purchase.

nineredberries
nineredberries

I like this perfume, a great every day fragrance, for the office or on the run.
I live in a hot country and this works well it is a fresh scent, it is not overpowering and bugs aren't attracted to the sweetness.
I don't enjoy the smell of patchouli as it gives me a headache however the citrus works well with the patchouli in this case.

kmlundgren
kmlundgren

NicoleO -- LOL! I'm 55 and liking Flora -- I'm feeling a bit silly, but I'm wearing it:)

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

White florals like I haven't experienced them before. Instead of being sharp and demanding, the flowers are very soft and feminine. Just a hint of citrus to keep it from being too sweet. Touch of sweet rose, tiniest hint of pink pepper. This is blended very well. Fairly linear, a little powdery in the drydown. Flora is a gentle fragrance, perfect for spring. Pair it with a sundress! This makes me feel so pretty, even if I haven't showered or done my hair. It isn't very strong, so you may want to apply to your clothes and hair as well as your skin or invest in the EDP instead. This is office-friendly. This is an fragrance I would definitely recommend. I'll be getting a full bottle for myself as soon as possible!

Ttirem3
Ttirem3

Too strong at first, but something soft cuts the edge and sends it into being a little piece of heaven on the skin...rests like a pillow--gentle, soft and flowery!

NicoleO
NicoleO

I must start by saying I am not a fan of florals. I usually going for orientals, and only tried this at a friend's suggestion. Surprisingly, there is nothing I don't like about this fragrance, and I have not stopped sniffing at my wrist since I put it on.
At first spray, I completely discounted it, but as soon as the base notes came through it was a whole new story. It's fresh and citrusy, slightly woody, and smells like spring. Flora is going straight to my Wanted list.
Now my only concern is that as Gucci is aiming this at a younger audience, and I've just hit 40, am I too old to start wearing this? Gee, I hope not!

arwen38
arwen38

Love this scent! I get a soft floral with a slight crispy vibe. It must be the pink pepper which works great with my chemistry. On my skin I also get a soft peony note but not overpowering.

annemeimei
annemeimei

Honestly, I never thought I would love this one...but hahahahahah I really love this one!!! I've always been the sweet and fruity type of person that always just wanted to smell sweet and edible...but this one???? I smelled it on my friend and I just have to stop her and ask what was she wearing!!!! I asked her 2 times that day and complimented on how she smelled over and over again... then I knew I need to own that perfume!!!! I was pretty shocked to know that she's wearing Gucci Flora..because I never thought I was the floral kind of girl... but this is a really lovely sweet floral scent! This is a really beautiful scent. I had the longest debate with myself whether if to get the EDT or EDP because I do want a long lasting one... but then I thought if I enjoyed how my friend smelled like so much and prolly EDP will be different as some people commented that the smell is sharper..then I think I just will not go wrong with the EDT. Anyways I don't regret it a bit since I love how it smells!!!! Seriously, your nose knows better than what you think you know about yourself!!

Memi_La
Memi_La

One of my favorite floral scents. I don't get a lot of the citrus scent on my skin at all. It's mostly the peony and osmanthus I pick up on with a little bit of rose. I think the pink pepper and sandlewood in the dry down are really beautiful and set it apart from the standard fruity floral perfumes I'm used to smelling. It's a good balance of unique enough to stand out from the standard fruity florals but common enough (porbably thanks to the patchouli and rose) to not offend too many people when you're out in public.

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

This perfume is much too sweet for me -- on my skin it is sadly just a creamy scent.. no florals or fruit to be detected.

salehgof
salehgof

رائع جدا ... حتى اشعر بجمال هذه الرائحة اقوم بتقليل نسبة العطر الى الكحول
100% like

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

Gucci is my favorite brand perfumes. I love Flora because it make me happy and fresh. But it not long lasting because it EDT not EDP.

Farapwincesz
Farapwincesz

I recently got this perfume and i was sooo excited because when i smelt it in the sample it smelled amazing!
When i bought the actual perfume and sprayed it on me i was sooooo dissappointed, it didnt smell like the sample at all, i cant believe i spent so much money on this perfume.

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

I tried this perfume and fell in love with it after some minutes when the scent turned into something similar to Un Jardin Apres la Mousson by Hermès. Maybe it was the pepper in it. Definitely not a floral perfume like the others. Simply brilliant!

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

Gucci flora is a mild version of the Dolce and Gabbana the one. This perfume smells like something a sophisticated women in her mid 20's would wear. I would use this perfume once in a blue moon. Definitely not my signature scent though.

Norrizan
Norrizan

Like some other reviewers, I do feel the smell is reminiscent of other scents around but I Do like it nonetheless. I like citrus notes and the pairing with roses is quite lovely.
Towards the middle, it turns warmer and I get a whiff of vanilla? A bit sweet, nicely done. Makes you feel cosy.
This is a classy, cosy, feminine scent. It doesn't need to scream out loud to announce it's worth.
Unfortunately, it lasts only maybe an hour. Sillage is weak. I don't understand the sales asst who told me the edt is rather strong!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

I wanted to love this..but it didn't stay on my skin..and turned as a sour smell..I mean it..but the ones who love it, enjoy it!

minalistic
minalistic

I thought Flora was good when I first smelled it, and I bought it and I was wrong.
It's too strong, too citrus-y for me, it's almost too noisy ! I think i'm going to give this to someone.

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

I found Flora by an accident, as a matter a fact I didn't even know of it's existence... but a few days ago, I was on a store, and the beautiful bottle caught my eye. Well.. I have to say it was love at the first sight.. I think Flora is beautiful!! Yes, it is a very soft fragrance, very subtle indeed.. but that's why I think is great.. is tender, feminine and delicate, close to my skin.. sometimes is good to have a scent like this. I have many fragrances for almost any occasion, this one is absolutely pretty, safe and confortable.. I love Flora..

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I get a very sweet, creamy white floral. It's pretty but not anything special. It's OK when I need something that doesn't stand out, but I like something with a little more personality. It's a little bit generic on me. I don't get the rose or citrus at all, which makes me sad, since roses are my favorite.

cyncyn123
cyncyn123

My boyfriend loves this on me. Says its better then juicy c.

This starts off as a pure floral, with a bitter note that I can't recognize. That note smells like black coffee to me, but others don't smell it on me. I can't detect the individual flowers, its more of a medley of floral notes. As it dries down, this becomes sweeter and powdery. I don't like that weird note though. Otherwise I would find this very pretty.

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

I picked this one out to redeem for the voucher out of a Sephore gift sample pack, and it is a pleasant, "safe" scent, though somewhat boring. It will not be my daily go-to scent, as it does have this "plastic" predictability along the melon or cucumber lines (but clearly synthetically rendered). Makes me think of Barbie dolls for whatever reason. It lengthens the staying power of some Miller Harris natural fragrances (which I love) like Jarmin Vert, Fleurs de Sel, or Noix de Tubereuse, so can be agood layering scent.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I like this, it's a sparkling fresh floral. I bought it when it first launched and still have an almost full bottle. I just had an unhappy experience when buying it, and I have a very good memory so it's stuck with me. I went to a mall to buy this and an older woman was the sales associate. She wore a ton of makeup, dressed like she was much younger, and had a rattail. Yes, a rattail haircut on a woman over 50. I should have walked away, but I was interested in finding a new perfume. She kept saying she didn't like it because it was so musky, and it doesn't have any musk in it at all. She also didn't seem that friendly, interested, or helpful...even though she thought she was an expert. Working at a counter doesn't make you an expert (she couldn't tell me one note in it). I should have walked away, but I bought the 1.7 oz and so did another customer. Now I can't wear it without remembering this unpleasant woman (who still works there). I won't buy perfume from her again, but that's my Gucci Flora story.

Britt005
Britt005

i really liked this fragrance . unfortunately something ( and i really think it's the patchouli) gives me headaches. it's even so bad that i can't sleep if i wear it to bed.

it's a lovely classy fragrance.
it's definitely not something everyone will like , because it's not really common.
it's a quite original and it smells like luxury and freedom. the bottle design is fabulous definitely my Favorite!!
the osmanthus and sandelwood give it a mysterious and oriental smell while the peony and the citrus make it a bit lighter.
i hate it that it gives me such head aches otherwise i would wear it everyday!

amanda

I received it from my boyfriend more than a year ago and I still have the half of it. I wouldnt have bought it for myself, but he likes it a lot, and generally saying men like it a lot. They describe it as an agressive but pleasant smell, so I wear it in parties, and whe we go out together. But definitely not an everyday scent, not for me.

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

I had this perfume for 3 years straight it was defo my signature perfume, the parfum one is better but more expensive so i stuck to this one, sweet floral goodness, love it, i got slightly bored of it for wearing it qll the time but i will defo go back to it soon, i wouldn't be bored forever its too nice, perfect for a night out in the summer, its lasting power is really good aswell

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

The very nice lookalike notes of Gucci Flora may make you think that it is a very well behaved, nice, interesting floral which smells somewhat like J'adore, by Christian Dior. However, do not be fooled; the notes may look very pleasing, but the fragrance itself is what you may sigh at and say "Oh dear".

This fragrance smells like a very light, soft floral. It's too soft to notice. I think the killer for this fragrance is the osmanthus. Osmanthus generally smells very nice, and it requires a very nice background of other notes to maintain that sort of a stature. Gucci Flora is completely lacking that va-va-voom temperament.

When you spray this on your skin, it smells very clean. Not sweetishly clean, but just clean. I enjoy catching small whiffs of it on others, but on my skin, it screeches like metal being rubbed on road. A very close friend of mine loves this stuff, and she thinks I'm making a niminy-piminy old fuss over something that smells very unique and complex. I'm sorry but that's the thing to which I heartily disagree.

Well, Flora really didn't do the trick for me. Try it if you may, but be careful; this squeaky clean floral is not as innocent as it seems to be.

suhaesa
suhaesa

imho i think there is a rotten note in the back ground of this perfume ,you know the smell of rotten water that has been left in a plastic bottle for a year or the smell of rotten laundry that didn't dry properly in humid weather..now that we talked about the rotten part we can move on o the better part,i think its a young perfume made for younger girls,light floral i get the notion that it has flora bacteria that lives in the guts..
it smells like cheaper perfumes from the one dollar shop or imitations made in china..and i am really serious about the after rotten smell ,as soon as you smell it everything is nice fresh and sweet and floral but nothing crisp then immediately you get that rotten note that i cant stand even when it dries down it develops in to two distinct notes a rotten one and a weird rotten floral one ..
perfume ratting 2 out of 5
bottle rating 3 out of 5

Kysyona
Kysyona

I was shaking my head in disbelief when I got a sample of this and tried it without a hope in the world to like it - I just don't go for pure florals, they don't shine on me , they are too discreet and I usually stand out of the crowd here in Germany (a tatar-mongolian blood is running deep there somewhere), plus my skin practically absorbs most floral perfumes. The sample was eau de toilette, and i sort of gave up on it before even trying. I thought - alright, i'll have my 5-minute fun smelling the wrist and then i'll say good-bye to yet another vanishing-all-to-quickly floral. Well, well.. 4 hours later I am trying to figure out where this amazing smell is coming from, then i brush my nose past my wrist accidentally, and it strikes me: FLORA! First of all, I don't believe that eau de toilette in a sample is the same as eau de toilette in regular sizes. Samples are marketing devices, so i bet my bottom dollar that the strength here is amplified. Ignoring this, I must say: this is one of the most well-blended florientals out there. It reminds me a little of ROSE ABSOLUE by Yves Rocher because it has this creamy leather base that gives the scent depth and staying power. Also, I find it quite amazing, that a scent, targeted at a spring/summer season works so well in winter! - this is so seldom found in fresh florals, if at all actually. The only thing I don't like is the name: flora hardly suggests character or gives your imagination a kick. Currently on a hunt for an eau de perfume, hoping it will also be issued in pure perfume at some point. A keeper.

icingsugar
icingsugar

Light, fresh, very citrus oriented. Perfect for spring/summer. Also the EDT lasts for so long, people have complimented me on this hours after I first sprayed. The citrus and florals have a musky sweet undertone but its by no means an overall sweet perfume. Very sophisticated and carefree.

Beagle21
Beagle21

This perfume reminded me of my childhood memories of being in a 5 star hotel. The scent is classy, prim and proper, uncomfortable yet respectable. For some, this scent may mean nothing special, but if worn by a sophisticated woman, this would surely create an impression.

If too many girls would use this perfume, sure, it will smell ordinary. Besides, most can afford to buy this perfume making it ordinary.

A neatly tied hair, casual-formal clothes and a strong personality would give justice to its scent. A laid-back personality wont do.

RoxanaM4491
RoxanaM4491

The best floral fragrance in my opinion that is not too dominated by crisp "white floral" notes like tuberose... for this it can suit younger ages and doesn't smell "mature." Not as fresh-smelling and green, however, as a scent like Beautiful by Estee Lauder.

Has a soft sweet/powdery drydown.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

The reviews have been saying this fragrance is light and crisp and floral, yet when I tried this on my skin, the specific combination of notes blended together conjured up a fluffy, airy vanilla! Nice, but I'm not in love.

dovey
dovey

smells sooooo 90's !!!! I remeber when I was a child back then all the lady perfumes smelled like that !!! that floral hard to figure out the notes kindda perfume & once u read about it u discover its got over 17 notes in it !!!
wrong perfume in the wrong era....

rafaellaR.123
rafaellaR.123

I just smelled it and I thought it smells vey rosy and peppery, with some light hints of woods and patchouli. No white florals or citrus. I actually really like it!!

xVal
xVal

This perfume is really floral and feminine.
I like it. :)

miza norizan
miza norizan

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume! It's so fresh and perfect and not overpowering. I feel beautiful wearing this.
Great sillage, i just need to spray 2~3 times and it's enough for people to notice the fragrance but not intrusively annoying. I put it in the morning, and can still smell it by the time the office hour is over. I wear a lot of perfume, but this is the only perfume that I won't mind to buy over and over again.

dulcette
dulcette

i do not dislike this, but this is another generic, safe, floral.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

I don't dislike this, but if Exclamat!on and some Double Bubble had a baby it would be Gucci Flora. It smells like cheap hair product on me, which I'll leave to my cheap hair products. This scent could correlate with someone young with an insanely bubbly personality.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

I first sprayed a bit of this on in Sephora and thought little of it while I was doing some shopping. Then I kept smelling myself and couldn't stop. This was love. I made the mistake of spraying both this and fraiche on seperate arms and couldn't remember which was which, so I had to hunt it down again, but I know I love it:)
The main reason for my obsession? No headache. That is really hard for me to find. I can smell things on others and love them, but when I carry the scent all day I nearly cry. This scent didn't do that at all. Calming, even creamy blend of uniquely unoffensive notes. Love!

jamiah
jamiah

flora by gucci gives such a sweet smell thru out my day that i kept taking deep breaths just to take in its lovely smell. it doesn't give me those nose-sting smell even at first spray. for me, it last quite a long time coz after i retire from a day's work, it still smell fresh on my skin, even if i just sprayed a little here and there on my clothes. very nice indeed!!

heyjudette
heyjudette

Very beautiful, youthful smelling floral. It's an extremely fresh scent, very spring-like.

cute.love.girl
cute.love.girl

very nice perfume

Takhaet
Takhaet

Gucci Flora is the kind of a fragrance that I call "safe" . safe because its not too much and not 'not enough". Its perfectly balanced.

It smells of lovely flowers with citruses , a bit sweet and a bit sour. Very light, perfect for work and any occasion. Maybe not very sophisticated but definately has got that something . I love wearing it during a day it makes me feel so ...ligh and fresh.

eunicek
eunicek

I've had this scent for more than two years now, and it still serves as my favourite! The parfum, eau fraiche and garden collection don't compare to this original scent. This scent is so distinct and special, I intend to keep this as my signature scent!

sandyfeet123
sandyfeet123

WOW! This turned out to be beautiful scent i shouldnt have judged it,i thought it would have been a strong,floral,mature scent and head-achy.
After testing it i realized it doesnt give me a head ache and it smells very classy and can be day or night,i imagine a woman with classic,polished style and an independent,strong yet loving and kind personality.
I couldnt stop smelling it when it was tested, i dont own it but maybe if i grow to become such a woman one day.. i definitely would :)

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

i like this perfume. it has a nice floral/vanilla/citrus scent. its defiantly something you could wear every day as its not overpowering.

lindi
lindi

The BEST Perfume for me. Love it so much much much

woiny
woiny

Very Elegant,classy. i love it so much very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I've just sprayed this perfume on my skin n I have waited for about 15-20 minutes like that..okay,now I wanna give my sincere comment on gucci flora.

the first spray of it,i smelled zesty-citrusy like scents..then it quickly turned to be floral..i mean,totally floral scent..i don't know what kind of flower that the perfumer used in this perfume.then as it dries down,it turned to be woody-spicy-gingery-balmy n a little bit oriental like scent.

frankly,gucci flora had made me happy n curious to know everything about it.why did I say so is because I am able to tell how the scents are like from the first spray of it,on my skin.so,i quickly turned on the wifi n search for fragrantica.com.the question that came across in my mind was : what kinda compositions that gucci flora has?

luckily,all my guesses are almost correct..there's citrus fruit in it,rose,osmanthus n peony flower...sandalwood,pink pepper n patchouli..the pink pepper n patchouli reminds me of my favourite perfume n that is chance by chanel.it's really a mature scent for me.

Anyway,gucci flora to me is an aristrocrat-like fragrance.it also pictures a woman with elegance n timeless beauty like the princess of monaco,grace kelly..this perfume also has an expensive-smelling kinda fragrance..initially I thought it only suitable for rich n famous people..but I was wrong..it is humbly made as a universal fragrance..which means anyone can use it regardless of who you really are...gucci flora is also classy n sophisticated fragrance..

I used to dislike this perfume last time because it has strong scents n somewhat unpleasant n made me headache..but it's been a while i didn't wear this perfume...so i finally gave myself a second chance,like what i did to chance by chanel..maybe my olfactory senses has improved...and i'm liking it now...thank God.I prefer to wear this perfume in night time..
For those who like light n airy floral scents,i recommend you guys try this one..if u prefer gucci flora to stay longer on your skin,try the edp version.this edt is a lighter ones n the lasting power isn't as good as the edp.

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

I love citrus perfumes and this is definitely not my type of scent. I got it as a gift and used it a couple of times and I must say that it's anything but fresh. It is nauseatingly floral, makes me feel old and it has a kind of a disgusting undertone. When I got it I thougt that it's a neutral scent that would not offend anyone. Having used it for a short while, I hate it. Smelling it makes me sick and I'm glad that nobody I know uses it.

vanernl03121995
vanernl03121995

This is an okay perfume. I'm not a fan of citrus perfumes, I gotta say I'm more of a sweet perfume person but I don't mind using it. I'm definitely not going for a second bottle... really nothing special.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is a very clean and light scent. It smells amazing but it is too weak for my tastes...if this had some more staying power and was a couple of notch's louder I would buy some in a heartbeat. I am actually surprised that this one is so weak being that it is Gucci...they usually have better lasting power with their fragrances. And for the money they charge for this I would have expected better. This could almost be like a body spray or splash.

sarugli
sarugli

Think this scent shouldn't offend anyone, it's pleasant, but quite plain. Expected better really, has no power, i barely smell it when wearing it. Def not worth the cost

Nikkiza

4.looks adorable
5.a little different from other gucci frags

zanny
zanny

1.nothing special. an unmemorable scent.
2.no lasting power.
a disappointment for a GUCCI perfum.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

It's interesting there is so many mixed reviews on Gucci Flora. I ran out of this one really quickly - which meant it was a favourite of mine. It was also a perfume in which people sitting next to me on a train or bus would ask me what I was wearing. I like the spice and sandalwood "zing" it emits through the floral. It reminds me of a bouquet of exotic flowers with an spicy incense burner on the side. It's very enticing and energising at the same time.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

This scent is really forgettable to me. There is really nothing horrible about it but nothing really great about it either. It's almost air-freshener like on my skin and that's probably what I'll use the rest of my sample for. My Victoria's Secret body sprays have more longevity, sillage and personality. It's a shame a better scent didn't come in that super cute bottle. I was hoping for something better from Gucci.

brettashley
brettashley

Wan citrus floral with a thin dry sandalwood anchoring this wisp of a scent. I pretty much ended up with a bottle of this by accident. First off, I was skin-testing a couple of different perfumes and mistook the gorgeous creamy floral scent I was getting from a different frag for Gucci Flora. Secondly, I tested the edp but went home with the edt - a much lighter, thinner version of Flora than I wanted to smell like.

Gucci Flora isn't a bad perfume, by any means. I picked it up precisely because I wanted an inoffensive fragrance I could wear during work-related occasions. The problem is, Gucci Flora is utterly unmemorable in any way. And this has the lasting power of a body splash. I'll finish up my bottle because I'd love to display the empty on my dresser (it's so cute!) but this is a perfume I find myself forgetting about even while I have it on.

Vampiris
Vampiris

received a 50ml of EDP version of this for my last birthday..crazily in love with it..it's like a long lost friend..

a warm, rich and refined floral scent..very feminine,youthful and romantic..perfect for dating nights..elegant and girly..decent quality..

the bottle looks perfect, good quality and neat..and i always love fragrance in a glass bottle..

they smell almost identical, but EDP works better, longevity and strength wise..

personally there is a hint of orange cake icing..love it..recommend it..

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

Just...I`m in love...
Tried now(half an hour ago, actually), completly skeptical since it`s an EDT, but boy...this is good...
I`ll let you know later how it developed.

UPDATE:
The exotic flowers smell, as someone else described it, enticed me. I was a little disappointed because after 2 hours it seemed to have disappeared ( i applied a little bit of EDP over the EDT), but after 1 more hour I noticed that it was still there, only it was changing a bit...and the most surprising part was when, after 4 hours approximately,when my heartbeat accelerated and my body heated up, a delicious green/fresh note re-surged full force, emanating strongly from my body. Very very sensuous smell!!
I'll buy a full bottle when i have the chance!

Pierina
Pierina

I recieved this as part of a swap (thanks Nadia)
I was rather nonchalant on it initially.
Lastnight after a shower I felt like having a pretty floral so I had a squirt.
initially I felt this was a just pretty floral.
About half an hour into the wear I felt really transfixed by this beautiful creamy ladylike scent. I think the peony and sandalwood imparts the creaminess and the pepper causes a gentle sparkle.
I wore this to work today and I just loved it everytime I smelled myself. It also rubbed off onto some shared protective equipment and my colleague told me I made it smell nice.
I will say sillage is good as I could smell myself on reentering a small room.
Longevity 6+ hours

marielisagrant
marielisagrant

as a SA i have found that the intitial launch of gucci flora was a flop but maybe it was just aimed at the wrong market as now we as well as most other stores sell it at a regular low price it walks out the door. i guess for consumers its nice but not nice enough as they say

Miss_J
Miss_J

Bland,boring,yawn-inducing. Gucci can do better than this. All I can smell from Flora is citrus...but not the bright,juicy kind of citrus, but the boring,lack of depth one.

I tried so hard not to despise this perfume entirely because there's this one annoying coworker that I really hate, and she kept spraying this perfume over and over again everyday in the office. She's a professional backstabber and she thinks it such a sexy & classy thing to douse herself in Gucci Flora. She once made a snide comment about my signature Guerlain AA-Mandarine Basilic and said that my perfume smells too sweet and cloying, and "your fume smells like rotten peach!". I guess that Dumb B!tch was anosmic to citrus because you can see the notes here, it's clear that citrus is also a part of her beloved stinker Gucci Flora. *My Rant is over*.

It's amazing how perfumes can evoke the strongest reaction from people, negative or positive. LOL.

ivanda
ivanda

Flora is so floral perfume! Can not imagine another with so matched name of fragrance. It reminds me of nights in Italy. For the eau de toilette very good lasting power. I would recommend this fragrance for summer.

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

This was a blind buy for me. I read about it online when it was first launched and asked my dad to get it for me from the duty-free on his way back from a business trip and let's just say I did not regret asking him to get it for me! It's a slightly stronger floral than I thought it would be even though its the EDT version but still really nice. I dunno if I'd wear it on really hot summer days but definitely on a slightly cool'ish spring day. It has great lasting power and sillage as well. It's not a fragrance meant for special occasions but great for a work or a casual lunch. Glad to own it! :)

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Gucci Flora EDT..

Gucci is well-known by it's high quality & sexy type of perfumes - and it's flexibility by supplying EDT & EDP from nearly every perfume to satisfy all the needs & tastes .. Gucci Flora is completing this process effectively.

The Scent: Using (Osmanthus) is the whole story :) it's a popular shrubs you can smell it clearly through the breeze of parks & Gardens .. Osmanthus here is followed by dewy roses & fresh poeny blinded with fine (not heady) citrus with a pinch of patchouli/pink paper & sandalwood to create the Romantic & Georges smell of the warm & breezy Garden under the sunlight , I think the advertisement is telling the truth this time :)

It's my Scent right now for work & early morning outdoors ..
It makes me feel luxury in a very simple way without artificiality or mannerism ..

Lasting power & Sillage are very good .. it gives me a headache if over sprayed

Personally : I prefer the tenderness of the EDT more than the EDP ;)

katyas

This is a nice scent, floral with a hint of woods on me; mostly floral and the woods show up way at the end after a number of hours. I didn't like it much at first, but it has grown on me and I quite like it now - I would say test it and see how it turns out on your skin, but it's a nice scent and I would recommend it.

katyas

On me this scent is strongly floral, with no traces of the citrus or base. Fortunately it is not one that ends up smelling like dead flowers, but it is fairly strong, which I tend to forget, and I need to keep a light touch with it or it becomes overwhelming. But it's nice - don't like it as much as I thought I would, but I like it well enough.

marisacb
marisacb

My friend wears this and it smells amazing! I didn't think it was too floral-y. Just smelled nice and fresh in a non soapy way. Thumbs up.

oxm
oxm

Flora (female name which is above the name of the plant kingdom), is a sweet and delicate fragrance, rather like Tresor by Lancome.
Note that distinguishes it is the Osmanthus, a small white flower that blooms profusely in late summer expanding its enchanting fragrance, the fragrance is quite linear, beginning at the end of its persistence does not vary much, but maybe it is precisely this peculiarity that makes this jewel of modern perfumery as nice and appreciated, like advertising in the spell shake the flowers of a flowering meadow leading up to our senses in the aroma.
Especially suitable in spring and summer, is a youthful fragrance but also suitable for those who like to dream ...
FloraGuccifields forever

mandolinorange
mandolinorange

A lot of perfumes don't agree with my body chemistry and smell unpleasant after a while, like they have "rotted" on me. I find that light, floral and citrus perfumes don't do this. This is one that stays on fairly long and smells good from beginning to end. It is not overwhelming, but is long lasting if you use enough. (I use about 1-2 sprays)

Narmis
Narmis

This is a refreshing and clean scented perfume. However, I'll have to agree with Manevitt, Flora isn't anything special, just another floral perfume you've smelled before a million times. Really disappointed by Gucci's perfume line :(

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

This is a beautiful fragrance and stood out to me on top of all the other Gucci fragrances next to it. It made me want to keep smelling it. Very fresh and interesting.

stephanie.hotz
stephanie.hotz

I really like this perfume, it's the perfect mixture of fruity, floral and sweet. Nothing stands out too much of those 3, but in the good way. It's very unique in my opinion. And it's light enough to wear during the day and sophisticated enough for the evening.

Cassiel28
Cassiel28

This is so overrated. I've got it as a gift and I wear it with other perfume as is weak, nothing special, to me lacks personallity. If you want something close to the skin and very safe, this one is four you. But think of all the other possibillities that you can buy. Life is short to wear perfume like this.

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

دقیقا مثل این که یک بمب گل را منفجر کردی بعد از استفاده
بوی گل خالص ته مایه خنک
به نظر من مخصوص خانمهای جوان

It's like a bomb blew up after you
smell the flowers pure cool tinge
in my opinion, for young women.

I tested Gucci FLORA edp some time ago and found it not very exciting and somewhat homogenized, but I've decided to give this fragrance another sniff since I was recently sent a fresh sample of the edt.

Although it has become a common practice to change the formula of a perfume launched under the same name but in edt and edp concentrations, FLORA does not represent such a case, it seems. The notes are the same, so it should come as no surprise that the edt is simply a more dilute solution of the edp. I should say, however, that I have quite a bit more experience with osmanthus than I had the last time I tried FLORA.

Osmanthus is sort of a ready-made fruity-floral flower. It is light with a very subtle peachy quality. This is why compositions featuring osmanthus are almost by definition office-ready inoffensive fruity-floral frags (ORIFFF). If that's what you're looking for, then FLORA may work for you.

skylar
skylar

This one is elegant, lovely and probably too proper for me, there's nothing more to it, I don't find it exciting or even distinctive. It's very long lasting on my skin, I used it in the evening and after the whole night I can still smell it. Although I did find it characterless I still recommend you to try it for yourself, maybe it will be just what you're looking for.

whiten
whiten

there's something about flora, I can't put my finger on it. it just, I don't know lacks something?? I can't decide on buying it, and I think it is because of that thing that is lacking...

nooory
nooory

Too generic. Smells like every floral perfume at the drug store. I received this as a gift and thought i should use it as room spray.
I SWEAR i gagged once because of this.

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

I received several samples of this about a year ago. My ability to pick out notes has evolved a lot over the past year, so Ive gone back to several scents that I formerly chucked to the side. Mitsouko is one (I'm now in love) and Flora is another. The scent is comfortable and isn't anything too daring. The top notes smell a little intimidating, in that it could become shrill or overly synthetic. However, it dries down to a pleasant slightly flowery sandalwood.I like it but would probably never purchase a whole bottle since there are oriental fragrances that do the same thing, and cost less.

Mochahantas

I made a review for this already but since I decided to purchase it, I'll make another one. Let me say, I don't love this. If love is 100% and hate is 0%, I'm at a 55%. Why did I buy it? Bcause I got it for a steal (which is what is wrong with me now lol, but I'll digress).

It's just too much but not enough, if that makes sense. The first blast is something I can tolerate. I'm not a floral girl, but it comes off as an innocent, floral, with some citrus in it. Very wearable. Even kind if sweet.

Then, the mid-notes come in. And there's that rose that comes across as swamp water on my skin. I have to bear through this for at least an hour.

The dry down is a wet floral, that's a little vulgar and offensive IMHO. But it is once again tolerable. It's young, and modern, but I think it would be better suit during the summer while your wearing it all white dress and some espadrille wedge sandals. I don't know florals, so I'm not even going to explain which notes I sniff, just that I'm not loving this like I should.

Lasting power is awesome. You can shower and still smell this on your skin.

It hasn't proven to me to be a silage scent because I do not spray directly on my body, because it's that strong. But I'd imagine if I do, I'd get great sillage.

If you love floral, go for it. If not, skip it. It's strong, long lasting, and youthful.

Miss brokrn heart
Miss brokrn heart

FLora try in your sis but very light smell no long lasting
This bad thing
Perfume for daily use
smell good but no special scent
Smell flora remind me the one D&G
Not interset to much perfume

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I bought this one the EDT version.. and I´m also wearing it right now.. and is very lovely.. I already recieved lots of compliments with this one.. who is considering in buying this one or not.. I´ll tell you to buy.. you will not regret at all.. ;)

SheShe
SheShe

I had a sample. The scent is like a trap in a negative meaning. Like a nervous walk in a deep forest full of bushes and wild plants with flies buzzing all the time, flying around you. Incomfortable and irritating.

Raquel73
Raquel73

Bueno, yo definiria este perfume como el perfume de la alegria!!! yo soy de perfumes orientales tipo Addict de Dior o incluso Allure de Chanel, pero este perfume de Flora es muy llevadero, no es nada especial ni sorprendente pero te hace sentir bien cuando lo llevas puesto, no puedo oler el sandalo en el, pero si la mandarina y notas verdes,tampoco puedo distinguir la rosa y la peonia se distingue levemente.Para mi es un perfume fresco para el verano o para llevar durante el dia, no lo veo para la noche, ni cenas romanticas.

jazmam
jazmam

I'm torn between this one. I love it, yet the aldahydes together with the overtly sweetness is kind of overkill for me... so while I love to take a sniff of it once in a while, wearing it is quite another story, I find myself wanting to scrubb it off.

But there is something definently very original and so yummy to this.

I believe it was originally created for the princess of monico, in the 50s and I thik it's fitting it's very much a princess scent, just something doesn't agreee with me.

But if it works for you you'll love it, after all who doesn't want to feel like a princess? :P

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

I don't usually like florals but this one is very warm and soft and doesn't make my eyes water or create a lump in the back of my throat like most florals do. There's something comforting about this fragrance and it's very pretty. There's a hint of baby powder but it's not chalky. I think this is very wearable and alluring without being too sexy for the office and I would wear this day or night.

takeasniff
takeasniff

JR:

I am not sure what add you are watching but I didn't think there was anything freaky or distasteful about it or any different from most perfume commercials. There have been worse. It is a little dramatic to take your bottle back to the store? What in the add needs an exorcism? and what does the economy have to do with the girl in a field of flowers? I think you have taken offence to something that just isn't there. Strange review. I love the perfume and I don't think there is anything wrong with it for younger girls it is a little more mature than the Ed Hardy junk and as for Marc Jacobs and the new Lola add need we say anymore!

amanita68
amanita68

Whilst this fragrance is marketed as a young woman's, it is definitely not typical of this category:
Most of these are fresh, fruity, clean, or sweet and candy-girl; they portray innocence and are not really sexy.

Flora is far more sophisticated: It is rich, deep and warm, giving it a mature, but subtle sensuality provided by the lovely rose, patchouli, osmanthus and sandalwood that I find are predominant.

It is very long lasting on my skin, changing very little for 8 hours or more, and has a subtle sweetness and rich depth that last from opening to drydown.

This fragrance portrays quality, richness, depth, sophistication, a woman with an air of already having what she wants, so is more desirable. Contentment and confidence along with warmth of personality and a calm, loving nature.

A fragrance that stands alone in its category for quality, it sings 'expensive', in a beautiful symphony, whilst many of those classed as young women's fragrances do not.

Longevity: 10/10 - it is still there the morning after!
Sillage: Perfect, does not dominate but sends its tantalising tentacles out into the room to tempt the unsuspecting :)

jr
jr

Balzac, What with the U.S. and Global Economy in crisis, who needs to spend their hard earned dollars on more problems? I realize this is a fragrance review board but along with the fragrance IS the ad campaign behind it all......I actually love Gucci "Flora" but don't know what to do with the situation I find myself in today and am frankly a little upset......I guess I will first try to return it and go from there......:(

P.S. Quick history study today led directly to Lake Como, the "Padre" and Fragrance.......very interesting........

jrova
jrova

I LOVE it!! I used to wear it all the time maybe that's why I got so annoyed of it. For some reason I was gravitated always to wear it in the colder season. It has a delicate floral aura yet its very strong...dont know how to describe it. Smells delicious.

skki
skki

Lovely !!! The name is perfectly suitable for the fragrance, that is floral for sure, but it has a natural sweetness I don't know what it is , it's not listed on the perfume notes . I like de eau de toilette better just because it think this is such a delicate scent just as walking in to a flower field (the ad gives me this sensation).

Thandar
Thandar

I was dying to own this perfume because of the advertisement and the attractive packaging and the name 'Flora'.I am a big fan of floral scent and so I bought it without testing the scent.Later,I realized that I made a big mistake of buying this perfume cause it is not my type:strong floral musky scent that I can't stand.Even my friends told me that this perfume smells so strong and only one spritz is enough to use.Moreover,the scent is boring and nothing special for me.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Love the video spot. A kind of weird but very captivating. The fragrance isn´t that sexy. An ordinary flowery smell to me, nothing special. I have a small bottle but I´ll give it away very soon. Not my cup of tea.

nina13
nina13

Love at the first smell! I love the light scent it gave me! It makes me smell very beautiful! And the staying power is awesome! Though I only tried the tester a the store. It's too expensive for school girl like me T_T

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Flora by Gucci?
To me it is a wonderful and most wearable fragrance, a joyful hymn to a modern and solar feminity with a hint of malice and sexiness...

After a deliciously refreshing opening, led by the brightness of warm citruses kissed by sunbeams, the osmanthus comes out and plays the main role through the whole development of the middle notes.
I must confess I just love the way the - almost sultry and intoxicating - sweetness of this floral note gets smoothed by a gentler rose nuance: I've noticed Gucci scents often feature some strong notes beside softer ones, creating a really intriguing combination.
Drydown is a pampering accord of sandalwood and pepper, with a light shade of lemon sweeties (though not listed).

On my skin Flora by Gucci is definitely one of the most pleasant scented experiences I've had, expecially in cold weather when it just seems to warm me up a bit.. it doesn't aim to be extravagant, maybe neither "unique", but I think it's a comforting yet very noticeable fragrance with a nice sillage and a good lasting power for being an EDT.
I guess I should start to keep some money and get that (cutest) bottle :)

Perfumalover
Perfumalover

I absolutely love this scent. I wear this multiple times a week to work and even out on the town! I am very picky when it comes to perfume and often get sick of fragrances quickly. This one I always go back to. LOVE IT!!

shiraeliz
shiraeliz

Smelled great on paper, even the first time I tried it on my skin- but the dry down increasingly made me want to be sick. May work for some, but the chemistry was way off on my skin. I recommend trying at least a few times before buying.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

it's very floral with a hint of sweetness. it's very light and inoffensive. fresh and clean like you just got out from the shower.

I don't know if you will agree with me but I think it smells a bit like Sunflowers by E.Arden

servana
servana

In the bottle this smells so refreshing - floral, fruity & even a little aquatic. However on me it just smells really floral. Too floral.. I like it SO much in the bottle but those fruity notes are not coming out when I spray it on me!!! Grr...
Upon the dry-down it smells like rubber. Floral rubber. With a hint of mold. Yes, I said it. 0_0"
I liked it SO much in the bottle! Remember to test everything on your skin guys - this went from being amazing to.. bleh!

Louw
Louw

A bit disappointing. It's pleasant enough but I don't find anything extraordinary or particularly lovely about it. It's a straightforward floral with a woody base. Boring and safe. I'd wear it if someone bought it for me as a present but I wouldn't buy it myself.

Bewara
Bewara

I had the oddest experience when I tried out a EDP tester of this yesterday morning. I put it on, it smelled very floral and sweet then started to smell like butter. It was the strangest thing, I could have sworn I smelled buttered popcorn. I thought I was just imagining it but when I got to work someone asked me if I had made popcorn that morning.

Weird. Buttered Popcorn.. really? Passing this one on to my Mom. I'm curious to see what she has to say about it.

NatWeb
NatWeb

The Gucci scent for those who like sweet floral fragrances such Marc Jacobs Daisy, Dolce and Gabbana The One and Miss Dior Cherie. Wholly inoffensive, just sweet and girly and very definitely for day time.

Pinni
Pinni

I like the Eau Fraiche version of this and went to ask for a mini sample yesterday. They gave me this instead as they didn't have the one I wanted.
I decided to try this one on today but it didn't take that long for me to decide that I don't want to wear it. I just washed it off my wrists as much as I could.

It's really not an unpleasant scent in any way but I don't like it enough to wear it. I hope it suits someone else better.

There's a hint of something that reminds me of Laura Biagiotti Laura.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Nothing to scream about , but it's a very nice floral scent .
I'm surprised not to see more fruit in the notes displayed here because i really though there was much more .
Not so distinctive , very nice though .

melody85
melody85

I bought this yesterday as a gift for my mum however I really did not smell it properly before buying it. The tester was empty so I kinda smelled the top of the bottle and thought it smelt quite nice. On getting it home i did spray a little on my wrist and must say I really can't stand it. It smells like a cheap floral room spray, I had to wash it off my wrist. i'm going to have to go back to the store and buy something nicer! Dissapointing.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Like others have said, this is a pretty forgettable and generic floral scent.

I really wish the Gucci bunch would take some chances with their female fragrances. Everything seems to have been market tested to death in order to have the broadest appeal. And while that probably makes good business sense, it also makes for some pretty ho-hum fragrances.

C'mon guys, do something crazy and see if you can create a classic!

jaa456
jaa456

I have the EDT which is a very light, nice girl floral. It's shy, a little spicy and very pleasant. Though, after a few hours I could barely smell it. I choose to wear this when I want to project innocence.

HOPE007
HOPE007

It's nice, inoffensive, nothing terribly different, and I can't really see anyone "hating" it. It is not exactly exciting, just nice.. & it smells like something either I already have or have had in the past, I can't figure it out yet..

aquairis
aquairis

i like it, no matter what other peope say, i like this perfume very very much. smells warm and that's the type i like.

very floral smell, got lots of compliment wearing it.

i like the penny particularly, it is sweet but not too much.

the base note also very gentle, i like it!!!!

anyway, i love this perfume!!

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

Horrible big mistake for buying a big bottle of this well when i smelt on paper it smelt good but when i sprayed it on my hand oh it was horrible cant wait to finish my bottle never again will buy it again i do love Gucci by Gucci way better than flora but i choose to buy flora instead what a mistake i recommend if you are plaining to buy this perfume try it on your skin first.

Luluesq1
Luluesq1

I really like this one.It's soft yet strong at the same time.Floral yet with a pinch of spice(I assume that thats the pepper).They say smell is the number one memory recaller-and with this scent my memory sensor is in a tizy trying to recall "where have I smelled this before?" "why does it make me want to recall happy moments?" Lol.

tsofa
tsofa

As a Christmas present, my sister-in-law offered me this wonderful but headachy perfume. Honestly, I do like “Flora by Gucci”, but, girl, that sandalwood note is so overpowering.

At first, I was too afraid to try it, as per the sandalwood, but I wanted to honor the person who offered it to me. So I gave it a try…

With fear, I did just two small spritzes. At the beginning, I scented rose and citruses notes, which I found lovely. But when getting to its base notes, I had a headache and started feeling a little bit nauseous. All I wanted to do was to take a bath & get rid of it. But, further, when “Flora” finally started to slightly fade away and I managed to overcome my headache and smelled it again, I enjoyed it. Its lasting power is extremely good, and even my fiancé appreciates it on me!

I will keep trying “Flora by Gucci”, hoping that I am going to get more used to it, but this will be kind of difficult to over pass the sandalwood, as this is one of the notes that my body chemistry can’t stand. Hope dies last!

perfume11
perfume11

I like this perfume in its own way. It is soft and cozy. I got it in the summertime..but waited until colder weather to wear it. Personally, I don't feel anything summerish about this perfume. It has a professional smell to it, very tiny bit sweet, and more of an evening feel to it. Very elegant,..too elegant for me in fact, and probably not for my age (I'm younger than 25). But I use when I go to church or go to formal events/meetings. I got it when it just came out, and I was very excited about it when I smelled in off the counter, but now I'm so used to it..I don't notice the uniqueness of the smell like I did when just I got it. Whenever I put it on, it stays on almost through the day. I get used to it to the point I can't smell it anymore, while others can. It's not very strong, it's gentle, but stays on through the day. It worked well with my body chemistry..what you smell in the bottle is what you get on your skin.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

In love with the nice, sturdy, cool bottle and how it feels in my hand. The shape, the color of the juice, the label...All sweet. However, this is not a scent I would reach for. I do find myself picking up the bottle to fondle it and taking a whiff. Only to find Flora is just a typical musky-floral scent with a hint of candy. Nothing that special.

magpiemagpie
magpiemagpie

I go back and forth on this perfume. Deep down inside, I know the only reason I keep considering this fragrance is because I really like the bottle, lol.

The scent of Gucci Flora is supremely inoffensive. A delicate little puff of not too sour, not too sweet citrus and watery peony opens things up on a quiet but pleasant note. There is a tiny nibble of apricot-like fruitiness that infuses the abstract, sheer, gauzy floral heart. I sure can't pick out the rose, that's for sure. It's just a jumble of vague, out of focus floralcy. Despite how "sheer" the fragrance is, this EDT hangs around forever and ever. The base is this kind of creamy soft sort of sandalwood. On my skin it starts to smell like there's a bit of vanilla further sweetening it up. Although the base notes mesh with the skin a bit warmly, the impression I get overall from this fragrance is still very light and breezy.

It smells perfectly pleasant. But at the same time, it's so... polite. It's just the most demure and well mannered smell, with neither exuberance, nor substance, nor intrigue. It's super feminine yet asexual. I like Gucci Flora, but I think she might be too naively innocent and bland for me to love her.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Lovely.

Flora's notes are very distinct. It stars with a sweet citrusy smell and peony never completely gets lost all the way through. Then the rose and osmanthus come up and the rose-peony mix here is almost like Very Irresistible by Givenchy; though Flora is more on the fresher side while Very Irresistible is quite heady. The drydown is nothing special, it reminded me of Eclat d'Arpége - Flora has sandalwood but somehow I get a cedary smell. I don't know.. And, for a light-weak scent like itself, Flora is surprisingly lasting - 6 hours on my skin (Then, lost altogether).

Flora is simple but it is enchanting. It's kind and nice. Inoffensive. Sheer. Lovable.

misskris816
misskris816

My mom bought this and I immediately fell in love. It smells amazing and luckily, it stays on almost all day. I would recommend this to anyone!

adrienn99
adrienn99

well, i am not sure. Honestly, not a big fan of florals or Gucci.

Though I like subtle, hugging florals like magnolia and freesia.

This frag is like a Venus' fly trap (not because i know what that plant smells like), it is a killer, agressive floral. It is meant to lure and then to kill.

like a syren or something

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

When I first put it on, this is sweet and effervescent! Mmmmm. Like a flower flavored soda pop. My brother gave this to my mom as a birthday gift, and she wears it exactly twice a month. (She isn't into perfumes and fragrances, in general, and she finds this one sort of young, to boot...) Such a waste, it smells so beautiful on her. On me, it takes a while to calm down after the initial fizzy burst, and actually gives me a *slight* headache...until, it magically turns into a bowl of little pink marshmallows. It's a very young fragrance, when you get right to the point, but it's also so soft and unobtrusive that anybody with a sweet heart can carry it off.

zumrut
zumrut

Pure plastic!...
I'm really wondering where my mind was, when i bought it.I can't stand on smelling it even for once.For god's sake,who wants to smell like a new plastic bucket? I'm very regretful to spend money for it.

deannab10
deannab10

I don't understand the notion that Flora by Gucci is a "young" fragrance. It is a soft floral...and actually seems pretty mature to me. It does not have the kind of strong sillage that I like, but it is definitely a nice fragrance. I have received compliments when wearing it...

Passionflower
Passionflower

I'm sorry to have to say this, but even though I love its name, Flora is too sweet, it fades way too quickly into something unnoticeable and to me the floral composition is not interesting enough. Shame.

nyoka

I know this is suppose to b for the younger generation but I love it and would wear it proudly!Its a lovely creamy floral were all flowers r in unison.it smells very elegant and dreamy.Its not light to me at all as the scent last and last.It would b great to cuddle up with ur lover by the fire and talk or just enjoy being together.It could b someones signature scent.

Rouu
Rouu

Flora by Gucci is a zesty fresh floral scent , i was waiting for a quiet shy floral rosy fume, and i got a hint of that luxury shower gel ,citrus fresh ,versatile , shiny and soapy .. its a fragrance for a young energetic woman , the advertisement is really boobed with that romantic depth , for me Flora EDP is a modern casual fragrance for young lady day use ,collage, school, its ready to go simple jeans or girly simple dress

nice fragrance with a staying power and good silage ,reminds me somehow with RL Ralph ! may be um just imagining

Sissi
Sissi

Flora opens up to me with orange green yellow citruses then dries to an airy and sweet note of peonies i do detect a bit of peach that is soft and not evasive the middle dries to an delicate and Intoxicating note of Osmanthus that spreads it's gentile aroma over the summer sky and very faint and diluted
note of sandalwood rose and patchouli
are the shy evasive notes that hides
behind dark crevasses in rocks or behind
leafy roofs of foliage. Flora has a girlish innocence inside a chic high end
veneer, the scent brings what it delivers airy and not overly sweet that shows modernity in a bottle.

HardCandy
HardCandy

I had become obsessed with the advert when it first appeared on Youtube - replaying it every now and then. Beautiful, enchanting and artistic.

I wish I could say the same about the perfume.

I was very shocked when I first sprayed this on my wrists.. how generic and cloying it was. I kept going back and forth to the department store hoping that one day I might actually like it - maybe I needed to spritz Flora heavier - on my skin - on clothes only. MY HAIR?! Nothing. The fantasy was not there.

It was very generic, safe and boring with a heavy dose of citrus. It failed to transport me to that beautiful flower field in the advert.

To me, it smelled like many other "floral" perfumes on the market without anything but the advert to help it stand out. Definitely a try before you purchase scent.

fallingin28
fallingin28

At first it's a fresh scent to me, with a slight fizziness from the citrus. Then I get smacked with rose, only to return to sharp citrus, before a slight hint of sandalwood. It's giving me a headache, kinda bland and boring.

9154mf
9154mf

There is something not quite right about this scent, it's nothing special and it kind of made my stomach feel queasy. It has a slightly cloying feel to it. No sale.

Lottis
Lottis

The Citrus would not calm down for qiute a while... The waiting takes too long but it mature in to a creamy, lack of flower, citrus sent... where are the flowers? Sorry...I was expecting more than this.
Flora is a little disappointment to me.

andrew85
andrew85

i expected much more than this common floral fragrance, smells like a 1000 florals perfumes out there, likle a mix of them.. awful, cheap smell and nothing original at all... very disappointing about this... the only good thing is the bottle...

CHIMAMANDA
CHIMAMANDA

guess i should try the EDP bc i logged in to complain about the EDT which is very strong for ( though i like the fragrance). i always makes me sneeze each time i use it. plz any person willing to sell her own version, the edp i mean?

Mochahantas

Against my disdain for anything too floral, I let a SA in a department store talk me into trying this. My initial thoughts were really schizophrenic. There was something about it that I really enjoyed, but then there was that one note that I hated.

Flora reminds of a more mature woman. The opening of this on my skin was a really soft, yet musky floral. However, that note that I dislike (that I mentioned above) reminds me of swap air. It's like it hovered literally on top of the fragrance which made it horrible. That, on top of the fact that I am not a floral person just makes me pass on this all together. One thing that's good, is that the lasting power on this baby is amazing. After scrubbing and working out, I could still smell the scent. EDP that is.

Maki
Maki

Testing a few samples I sampled lately, I also tested this one.

Shame on Gucci! This fragrance smells like the cheap average teenage scents that are sold in drugstores.

It even doesn't deserve to get a comment actually...Very dull, very common, very boring.

No fantasy at all! I don't get any Gucci in this Gucci...

narcotic
narcotic

I can definitely see this as an everyday scent, and not just for air-conditioned summer office workers at that!

Flora starts off with a burst of roses and light fruit that never devolves into stickiness (which is a major concern for fruity florals of the '00s that this thankfully sidesteps), and then develops and settles into a peony patchouli thing that's quite warmer than what you start off with. The drydown is reminiscent of Kate Moss' signature perfume, but without the air of wet dog that the latter has. yay!

I rather like it. Agreeably coy.

Addendum: I ended up getting its attendant body wash instead of the EDT, which is actually more awesome than the juice itself. Strange, non?

jellybeantree

I love gucci flora, actually gucci flora loves me! I feel uplifted and feminine when I wear this ! It changes my mood to sunshine and I embrace the colors of the world. It fits perfectly on my journey and life shines a little brighter.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Optimistic and youthful as a long summer's afternoon, Flora by Gucci EDP is a wonderful vision that almost manages to become a reality. Almost...

The first waves are surprisingly fresh: light citrus and rosy florals. Later, these develop into a slightly deeper peony (I adore peony, so would loved this to have been stronger by far) infused with that sparkling, almost freshly squeezed St Clements (oranges AND lemons for my nose) top note, still, but a distinct smell of freshly cut grass.

If you like perfumes that stay true to their top notes, with no surprises lurking, then I would highly recommend this to you. For people like me who prefer more complex fragrances, or at least a perfume with a story to tell, then you may find this a little...dull.

Flora is what's known as one-trick pony. The trick it has is very good, however, so I cannot dismiss it!

For a hot day when you want something more than a citrus freshness, something with a simple floral note and an entirely pleasant dry down that still remains fresh and stays true - Flora always (freshly) delivers.

Overall, this perfume is a lazy hot afternoon in the sun, drinking fruit juice whilst someone mows their lawn further down the street. Hardly exciting, but very pleasant to experience all the same - and both tend to induce yawns!

nyoka

this opens with 2 of my fav scents,peony and oranges,which i love.but up from the rear slips in the patchouli and sadlewood.just doesnt do anything with my chemistry.i imagine it would b glorious on some.thank goodness there r a few i dont like.lol

bamboowu
bamboowu

Flora by Gucci is a fresh and lovely floral. I find it is quite similar in scent to Clinique's Happy, which I also enjoy.

A blending of fresh flowers is what I detect the most, quite strong florals of peony, rose, and osmanthus flower. There is also a sweet citrusy aroma and a dry feel with the sandlewood. In the dry down, it pretty much stayed the same, only became softer and less intense. I did not detect patchouli in this one at all.

To me it is a easy going, bright, fun and cheerful fragrance and quite pretty.

This is something I find perfect for spring and for everyday wear. Office or casual. Very crisp and clean smelling. If you enjoy floral fragrances that are fresh, (like Clinique's Happy and even 4711 Original Eau de Cologne), I think you would enjoy this one as well.

The bottle is great!

I LOVE it!

Enchantia
Enchantia

A nice and sweet floral scent with good staying power. But smells like many other contemporary floral perfumes - nothing outstanding. Dry down reminds me a little of Georgio Armani Diamonds.

Ziana
Ziana

I like the first spray on this one. Smell so nice and I can say lovely, soft..Want to buy its EDP version next time...love the bottle too!

geegee
geegee

I tried this at a fragrance counter this morning, its still smells exactly as it did 3 hours ago but a little weaker. It made me sneeze a fair bit when i first sprayed it but soon settled.

It reminds me of a more rosy lulu guiness & is quite pretty. Very suitable for summer but not one id wear for anything but a regular day time fragrance.

Its very very girly, i would aim it at a teenage market rather than a grown up womens market as its rather 'twee' & cute. I had expected a little more from Gucci but hey ho they gotta make money havnt they.

Cant say id buy this but it was nice to smell it & if i was given it i wouldnt be displeased.

secretcrush
secretcrush

WHEN I BOUGHT THIS ONE I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED... ITS A LIGHT,AIRY FLORAL W/ VANILLA FOR DEPTH AND CITRUSES FOR A BRIGHTENING BALANCE... VERY WELL DONE!!! SILLAGE AND LASTING POWER R PRETTY OK TOO!!! THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE PRICE AND I HAVENT SEEN IT @ MARSHALLS OR TJ MAXX YET AND MY 1.7 BOTTLE IS ALMOST FINISHED LOL...

asmahtp
asmahtp

I wore it twice last week. It's a nice, soft and sweet ( not too sweet) fragrance. I like it but to be my signature, never. I prefer something more sensual. Last about 5-6 hours on my skin. Perfect as gift to friends, sister. I give 3.5/5

jellybeantree

Well I just purchased this today, and I love the bottle! Its heavy but so cute! Anyways the citrus blast is very refreshing at first and it instantly lifted my negative mood, its gloomy here and has been freezing for weeks so I felt like spraying this was like spraying spring on myself! It is quite sweet but never gets sickly and when it starts to die down it smells flowery, fresh and chic! I am positively surprised! So many negative reviews, well thats fine , I will wear it and enjoy it all the same!

magda14012
magda14012

LOVE IT! It is so powdery floral and very long lasting, which is unusual especially bearing in mind it is EDT. It reminds me of spring sunlight and a boquet of white flowers that is no overbearing but ever present in a subtle way.

Fragaria
Fragaria

It think I understand all the negative comments. I had to laugh at yvashche! I know she just forgot to mention the model in the commercial is terribly homely! For a Gucci perfume, you expect so much more. For a drugstore scent that is pleasant on most, you expect a much lower price. In a drugstore for 20 bucks this is great, but for a Gucci scent, sad....so sad.

jellybeantree

I tried this at the perfume counter and it was repulsive. So I stayed away. Now I tried it at my girlfriends house and it was beautiful and light and airy! I think the perfume at the store had gone bad. This is a pleasant uplifting clean smelling floral! It is very light on me, so happy they brought out the edp,might be stronger! This one is very pleasant!

guest_Dew
guest_Dew

I'm shocked about the negatives reviews,,,,this perfume issssssss awsome, I used to have a lot of perfumes from diffrent brands but when I used this perfume I loved it and actually it surprises everyone that I went to the mall and bought another 2.5oz of it, I;ve to admmit that this perfect perfume is the best guccies fragranceeee at allllllllllllll! realllyyy,Try to worth and u'll see you're going to buy another bottle of it,THANK U GUCCIIII

elizabethjaneforrest
elizabethjaneforrest

I'm surprised to read all the negative reviews! I love this fragrance! Light and effortlessly chic. Young, but not too young. Perfect for a spring day and a light, airy dress.

Malegria
Malegria

Definitely too pricey for what it is - a concentrated body spray, without a single part of it that would dare to be outstanding.Even if it does not smell cheap, still it reminded me of plastic artificial flowers.
The imitation of life (c).

sashenka
sashenka

It's very tender and gentle...maybe this is a weird analogy but it makes me remember the smell of being held by my mother. After all we girls get our first archetypal ideas of what "beauty" and "femininity" is by observing our mothers, so I think this involuntary association reflects very well on this scent. It's not something I would wear but I keep coming back to smell it for the feeling of security, nostalgia, and femininity it gives me. If I were a man this is definitely what I would want to smell on a woman...it seems to have a human quality almost built in, so it feels like you're smelling it from someone's skin or clothes even if you are just smelling it from a paper. This is a scent that would drive me absolutely crazy (in a good way) when worn by other people, but leaves me indifferent on myself. I don't know why.

Chipa
Chipa

It's simple, sweet and youtful girly perfume.

Many have said it lacks depth and personality, and this might be true. It's not loud and it doesn't try to make any kind of statement by it's excistence or demand attention.

Those excact reasons that make it disliked by some make it actually very appealing to me. I like the pleasant presence of the soft creamy flowers which don't scream out sex appeal. Sometimes it's very cosy to wear a perfume like this and be surrounded by just plain dreamy joyful approach for life.

The bottle it really cute aswell.

neve
neve

The greatest disappointment. Gucci by Gucci was so unique and daring... this one is just... boring. Boring boring boring. What a shame, the ad is one of the most poetic I ever saw!

Russian
Russian

This is a perfect fragrance for a "normal" taste.Nothing specific,nothing extraordinary,pleasant,but plain.The top notes are really nice.I would buy this in 1oz,because the probability of this fragrance becoming boring for collectioners is very big.
It is a nice decent smell that would suit a young and romantic lady.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

I was charmed by the television advertisement for this one but the fragrance lacked originality and character. Just because this is aimed at younger consumers, doesnt mean Gucci has to lower its standards.

juliamarchwicka
juliamarchwicka

The bottom notes remind me of Chopard Wish. Obviosly the ingredients are partially the same, but this perfume pulls them off better than Wish.

Iulia
Iulia

I can see that many consider this fragrance boring and not inovating. In some way I agree with that, this was also my first impression. But actually I don't really need an inovating perfume right now, I just want one that is pleasant, not offending and long lasting. And I think this is the one.

I don't love it, but i like it and somehow i've become addicted to it. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I can acctually identify all the notes, plus one that is not listed:)). Besides peony and roses I can also smell apricots, at least on my skin.So I think this one is more a floral fruity one.It is very creamy and romantic, best suited for sunny day of spring.

The lasting power it's very good, it's been almost 24 hours since i've applied it, and I can still smell some sandallwood on my wrist (of course, I have to smell it very close). It is best suited to young women .I also think the botle is very nice and it's a perfect match for this romantic perfume.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I was very impressed by the commercials, tested it. It is sweet and floral. I wasn't expecting that sweetness disappointed by that. And after a short time only an ordinary boring sweet smell was left on my skin. Boring plus not unique.

guest_pansylady
guest_pansylady

I get a totally different vibe from this scent-it almost seems to work in reverse on me- the spicy basenotes emerge first, and the drydown on my skin is soft and floral- (the heart notes, I'm guessing, are doing most of the work) i sense the basenotes are creating a bit of sillage throughout- I don't smell the citrus top notes at all. I don't think I would like this fragrance in the spring or summer- it seems great for the dark rainy days we're having in sweden right now, and i think it would be good for winter, too- it's more warm than cool. it reminds me of Demi Jour by Houbigant

alianeblue
alianeblue

Flora is romantic and sweet. However I do believe that it is kind of boring, since it reminds me to a sweet innocence shy blonde girl, but peony is my favorite floral note and just for that I find this one charming. Upon spray, I can smell peonies and oranges, and after some time it turns silky. The peony note was the main reason I purchased Flora, it represents my peony garden in my backyard. Last summer when my peony plants were bloomed, I would wear Flora and sat next to them, and would get so relaxed with such a beautiful and intoxicating scent, that I didn’t know who smelt more beautifully, my peonies or myself.

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I love this perfume. It's soft and floral and very feminine. You can wear it during the day, but it's also suitable for the evening. The bottle is pretty.
I thought it smells a bit candylike, too.

Sugarcoats
Sugarcoats

Flora is very light and very feminine and obviously floral. It is a very subtle fragrance that I don't mind wearing all day. Gucci's first 'chill' fragrance ;)

wallflower
wallflower

this is a fresh, feminine smell, very good for spring/summer. good for daytime, especially to the office or school coz it is elegant and sophisticated, theres nothing provocative or extravagant about it.
the headnotes are very sharp, citrusy and sparkling. what is interesting about this perfume is how its changing between the topnotes and the drydown. after about 2 hours it settles and becomes much more subtle and mellow and the vanilla comes out. i love it but i think that its a bit too weak. it would be perfect if it had more staying power.
the bottle is absolutely gorgeous and suits the perfume, though not overly practical coz its kida heavy..not good for travelling or putting into a handbag.
i find the advertisements stunningly beautiful, emphasizing the femininity and romantic spirit of the perfume.
i recently realized that is reminds me very much of YSL Baby Doll which i also had and its true that they share some notes, but i like this one better.

swedeangel
swedeangel

My first impression was dissapointment. Lovely bouquet ,oh yes, but so weak and not saying me anythimg.
Then i took another sniff ,and there it came.. ! The true soul of Flora! In the deepest darkest forrest,under the biggest oldest oaks ,lives a little flower,so small you can hardly see her,so shy you can hardly detect the equisite aroma.. But bow down to the ground ,look at the little one ,smell her -shes perfect!
Shes like a little shy John Bauer-princess.
And its probarbly one of the most delicate scents i have ever smelled...

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Very vintage smelling. It reminds me of many classic floral scents my mother and grandmother wore. Musky roses, peony and the slightest touch of mandarin that provides somewhat of a modern feel. I prefer the Gucci Flora Eau de Parfum. It is a more full bodied interpretation.

glitteralex
glitteralex

This scent is strangely weak. Gucci used to make such high quality scents, with fabulous ingredients-what happened? The citrus top notes with peony are very present and fresh, almost enjoyable. They manage to last a full 20 minutes; however, this is the end of anything bright about this perfume. The heart and base are very weak-the sign of a perfume made on a budget. I adore osmanthus, and find it nice enough here, but I had to reapply 3 times to get enough of a feel for this perfume to actually speak intelligently about it. The base has no patchouli of note, instead I get light sandal in vanilla. Not unpleasant, but, again, weak. Drydown bears semblance to l'eau The One by D & G, but is far less impressive. The bottle is very attractive and feels good in the hand.

I would suggest this perfume to someone who wants a discreet floral that makes no waves, but smells nice close up. Certainly not a "statement" scent.

Taliera
Taliera

This fragrance is a joke - it smells like bubblegum! And I'm not saying that to mean it's sugery and fruity - it actually smells like "original" flavoured bubblegum. Or am I just losing my nose? Anyway, I'm not buying a fragrance that smells like that.

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

ok i tested it a while ago. It smells sophisticated and edgy? But its smells ordinary for me. Maybe because im not fond of floral perfumes. Minutes later I sniffed it on my wrist and it gives me headache, the headache you get when smelling a car freshener. It doesnt match with my body chemistry.

Kankuro
Kankuro

Flora by Gucci is more than unnecessary. There is nothing unique or special about this. The whole composition is average. Flora is for young girls who dont care for their perfume.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

After reading reviews I wasn't overly excited to sample Flora. Indeed, I'm a little surprised that I like it as well as I do. I especially enjoy the opening because of the sweet, creamy citrus notes. The peony & rose also create a creamy harmony, and in the dry-down I enjoy the spiciness that the patchouli brings. Although I must "go lightly here" in application of Flora, as I see it can be headache-inducing for me. Generally, a nice surprise.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I was able to test this at a department store this past weekend. I was actually impressed. This is probably one of the few (VERY FEW) floral fragrances that I can wear. It's actually very pretty--from the citrus floral top notes, right down to the soft-earthy end notes. Right off the bat, I could smell the "citrus" notes and the peony--what I thought was a beautiful combination. Soft, simple, and fresh (but not soapy). I'm not sure what osmanthus smells like, but it, along with the rose note, blended into the top notes quite nicely. There was always a soft citrus aroma wafting through for at least an hour on me. The floral arrangement was hormonious and tidy. Nothing too crazy. Once I got to the dry down, I couldn't help but smile. It was perfect. The woodsy notes at the end did not interfere with, overwhelm, or even change the "pretty" floral-citrus vibe. In fact, I think it kept it from being too light...and even helped to maintain that feeling of comfort & cheer--the kind you get when you receive a bouquet of flowers from important people in your life. I'm not sure how long it lasts since I only spritz a tiny amount...but I could smell a hint of it 4 hours later. It might have lasted longer had I sprayed more. I would definitely wear this at the office or on the weekend while shopping. Pretty & enjoyable.

elaida_00

ok now..i had to return with the feed back..i was told is ADDICTIVE, smells so sexy and feminine, sweet and gentle so i recommend it with open hart

elaida_00

just received this new beauty...the top notes might make u think of Envy me..but when it dries down is so sweet and nice and sensual..not too sweet but fruity sweet..

guest_apple
guest_apple

i bought one and i sooo love it..
the scent lasts so long..
the longer it lingers on the skin, the more you would be able to realize that this perfume really smells great..
even my mother and sister, who's 60 and 23 y/o respectively, appreciates the smell..
very classy indeed..

babybomb
babybomb

I really liked Flora on paper to the point i actually considered buying it. but thankgoodness i took a sample home first to try it on my skin... It smelt so different!.. there's this really nice and soft scent at the surface, but the strong smell of patchouli and osmanthus is such a killer... i think i will give up on this one.. don't want to end up walking around smelling like a leather bag =[

rockcity
rockcity

it's boring and common scent, even though the seller told me that this was the perfume of the year and nearly sold out I didn't like it at all. More over, it became much more sugary smeel i/o floral. I won't by it. I also recommend you not to buy it before test it on your skin.

sofiii
sofiii

I loved and HATE this!
This is a beautiful perfume at first, gorgeous and classy bottle, somehow it's quite irresistable.
however, I waited less than 20 minutes in the mall and started to get a headach--it smells like a heavy powder made of not-that-fresh and yeah, leather-feeling-flowers. gosh...what is that Chinese osmanthus?? Sorry,I've never been a big fan of lether.

Superman9
Superman9

A few weeks ago, I was given a sample of FBG. I asked my hubby whether he like the smell on me and he said yes and asked what perfume that I'm wearing. A few days ago, he casually asked me the name of the perfume that I wore the other day. Guess what? Today is my birthday and he gave me FBG as a birthday present. Thanks Honey.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I am not a big floral fan, but the perfume SA was very sure that this would be THE ONE (even though I said I was hunting for oriental woody vanillas!!!). It turned out that she was due to buy this as her next fragrance.

Well, she is welcome to it! I try to be as honest as I can, so I will start with the plus points:
* It is a floral that doesn't knock you between the eyes.
* It has a creamy quality to it (go sandalwood!)
* The bottle is pleasant.
* Some may like the Gucci label.

Now onto the negatives:
* It is a bundle of florals from start to finish that do not bloom & flourish on my skin...they just seem to sicken & die :(
* It turns into a sweet, weak scent very quickly
* I find it hard to distinguish the notes, something sinister is masking them (see next point)
* What is that weird scent?! The smell you get after sterilizing dentures, similar to that gassy rotten stems smell. Very odd, very sweet-chemical.
* Gucci - I expect more. This is below average & dull :(

corinmelody
corinmelody

wow this is the first perfume i saw with more "dislike" than "like" or "love"!
i didnt believe it at first until i tried it myself!
true this perfume is just a random blend of floral notes without matching them!
the scent is not remarkable or unforgettable as well, smells like cheap perfume...
i really don't like it..

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

I tested this yesterday, and was disappointed...
It is true to the notes on each level and I must commend Gucci for the wonderful combination of ingredients. On my chemistry, upon first spray, I immediately smell the orange and peony, and I must add that it is not overbearingly citrusy, as some citrus notes can be...The peony balances the tangerine just right, but it lingers quite long to a subtle sweet orange sherbet type scent for the middle notes. Unfortunately the rose does not make an appearance at all and the osmanthus peeks in ever so slightly. In actuality, as I wore this I could not help but think that I smelled this somewhere before and it hit me! This fragrance smells exactly like the Tigi Bed Head Moisture (the orange one) conditioner and shampoo!!!
Once I made that discovery, I was immediately let down, as I knew that I did not want to walk around smelling so mediocre.
This fragrance lacks that "extra sexy" that a woman wants to feel when she sprays her signature scent on.
Also, because of the mass appeal of being a "Gucci" fragrance, I am sadly pre-disposed to think that EVERY one will purchase it therefore taking away that "unique" attribute that one likes to feel when wearing a fragrance.
Fortunately in the end as the last notes appear, there is a wonderful sophistication that emerges with the sandalwood and patchoulli, but I just wish that they appeared much earlier!
Overall, it is a nice fragrance, but in my estimation not worth the expense attached to it as it lacks that "luxury" smell that I would assume Gucci would brand for anything with their name on it.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I don't seem to have any luck with Guccis perfumes at all. Flora to me is very floral and sweet. But yet it is extremely bland and well...boring. Not exactly anything original.

krishka
krishka

interesting...at first it is floral, after the dry down there is very strong scent of antibiotic which is gone after 3 hours and after 4 hours you can't smell it anymore....my husband's comment was that " it smells like medicine"...i like the ad on Tv but won't buy the perfume...

this is my sister's new perfume which is offered to her by her husband and a chance for me to smell a new perfume.
first of all it starts with some sweet juicy smelling.it's like sweet tangerine mixed with the lily.it's a very sweet floral perfume.
after some minutes I feel something creamy added to the fragrance.it's still sweet,but now it's more intense and this is where I love it more than the other times.
the dry down is very simple.in fact this kind of sweet smelling has became overwhelming for me.
by the way totally it's similar to l'eau the one(D & G),but it's not as good as l'eau the one.

Anji78
Anji78

I expected this to be flowers and again flowers... It started nice and sweet and then it turned up somehow unpleasant for me (rotten fruits or something like that). I also think it reminds D&G The One.

WoonD
WoonD

sweet and flora, but not too heavy...
light and feel young...
the bottle look very lady,clean and look very gorgeous, very innothe cence young lady walking along with flower...

XD
somehow flora by gucci is catching my heart...

guest_Kenny-loo
guest_Kenny-loo

i thought flora smelled amazing. i saw it at the mall, took a nice smell in, and was delighted by how light and pretty it smelled. my mother loved it too although it did remind her of another perfume. I love that Flora wasn't too overbearing like others that make you want to run out of the room and that it smelled so pretty. I sprayed some on the little paper testers and the smell lasted so long! overall, i absolutely loved it and want to give it to my mom for a mother's day gift. Thumbs up Gucci!

guest_june
guest_june

An absolutely forgetable dull, sweet floral. After a couple of hrs it even turns bitter on my skin and that hardly ever happens with me.
I don't like Gucci's anyway and this is not on exception.

fingerbibs
fingerbibs

It's not a perfume you'll remember and I do understand people saying it lacks that something extra. But when I walk outside on a sunny day, it's nice to pick up this dreamy, floral, light scent and that's all I need for this summertime.

melissa
melissa

I have smelled this and also sprayed some on, and I love it. Alot of things about fragrance- is that each persons chemistry is different. To me, alot of the gucci ones are too heavy. I plan on purchasing this for summer and probably will continue to use other months too. It smells very feminine with being a floral. I own so many mixes that maybe I like it because it is just one fragrance family.

juliane
juliane

Nice design, nice pr, because of that i have been expecting something else than plain flowers and some fruits. smells a bit childish to me, too fruity. It doesn't smell bad, but it defintly lacks an edge, a character...

F_A
F_A

Flora is like an exact copy of Laura by Laura Biagiotti. I was expecting more from this fragrance. What a disappointment...

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

it's a pleasant fragrance but too common, light and boring for my tastes... i think Gucci could've done way better...

Nice, is a good word to describe Flora by Gucci. It's pleasant and clean, but rather boring and safe.

While obviously aimed at the younger market, Gucci chose to use a simplistic floral composition of citrus, peony, rose, osmanthus, patchouli and sandalwood. Not what I would call a daring combination.

At the time of this fragrance's release, most of the world was heading into the warmer months, however Australia was going into Winter. Because Flora is so light, fresh and powdery, I don't expect that this fragrance will be a best seller this month.

I would have liked to have seen some stronger floral notes such as; jasmine or orchid added to this fragrance to give more of a kick. The scent as it is now is far too common for it to be outstanding.

I'm disappointed that this fragrance turned out to be so mainstream. With a name like Gucci, they could have easily gotten away with experimenting with new and unique floral combinations. Here's hoping that their next release, which is also rumoured to be aimed at the younger crowd, is much more daring.

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

The bottle and package and the advertisement gave people an impression that this would be a high-class floral perfume. But after I try it, I think it is not. I hope I like it, but I just can say I don't hate it. I can wear it when I go to work but I won't wear it when I go to special event. It's kind of friendly perfume but not a remarkable one. I will keep one as my collection as the bottle is really beautiful and what's inside in not offensive to me. BTW, Gucci made sth not as well as before...

Trvevil
Trvevil

Released after Gucci by Gucci which is evening perfume, Flora is perfect perfume for day use. It doesn't smell cheap, It smells expensive in my opinion. When I wear it I feel like early cherry or apple tree blooming. And walking past them catching new flower smell is fantastic, a world of flowers! Flora has this young edge I'll say.
At first rose and peony are made sour by citruses (Reminds me more fruity and glowing Psychodelice by Morgan which have this precious sour pomegranate). Citruses are sour, but they ain't going make all go wrong in hot day. I personally find this perfect for hot days.
At first this one is quite intensive but after hours it becomes a bit delicate, adorned with sandalwood. Like spring and summer.
It's elegant, inoffensive, but not sexy or seductive, it's rather nice and innocent.
Still I like it, but know that it's just nothing special and in fact boring. I really love Gucci by Gucci, it's more 'me'.
This should be released by some mass market brand, not Gucci, I think. There's plenty of compotes that smells almost identical to this one- Boss Orange and cheap Latvian Kristine N2. Shame on you, Gucci.

guest_Laure

I think there's no such a perfect perfume as the one I've recently chosen for myself.
Flora by Gucci encloses the best flowers' fragrances you can expect by a flowered perfume.
Have you haver seen the movie The Perfume?
Well, this perfume encloses exaclty the essence of "beauty, youth and being pure" which a perfect perfume should suggest.
Is there anything more to say?
It's like to have an angel in front of you.

guest_Laure

Have you haver seen the movie The Perfume?
Is there anything more to say?
It's like to have an angel in front of you.

mudpach
mudpach

I love this scent!!
On my skin it's became a powder-floral fragrance.
Rajtam kifejezetten finom illat:)

vertigo
vertigo

I agree with Jalutschka.

To me this fragrance is a total mess, just a mix of floral notes that I couldn't tell one from the other.

'though this be madness, yet there's method in't' - I mean it is somehow characteristic.
Those who like florals may like it.

It's not like it reminds me of other perfumes, but I think it'll be forgotten soon.

Elumina
Elumina

Im confused to see here are not many reviews which say positiv things about this nice scent. Flora is recently arrived in our stores and i was delighted by this perfume the first time i smelled it. It has a young-touch, but its elegant though. You dont get overpowered by flowers, because these flowers harmonizes very well, the drydown is so cuddly and comfy. The bottle is made of lush heavy glass, very decorativ. 'Flora' is so nice, i always wanted to smell it, maybe its too light for some people, but for me its just perfect.

luz
luz

I love florals and Flora is a very pleasant one. Very wearable for those looking for a signature scent.
I don't pick it as a very young fragrance though. It is just not dated at all.

amanda

theres sg annoying and unpleasant in it. i didnt like it at first, maybe i have to smell it some more times

Flora by Gucci by Gucci 3.54 out of 5 based on 1682 ratings and 246 user reviews

Gucci Flora By Gucci Eau de Toilette 0.25 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gucci 'Flora by Gucci' Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.3oz
Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gift Trio
Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gift Trio

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Flora by Gucci fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Flora by Gucci, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flora by Gucci by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flora by Gucci by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.