Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Flora by Gucci Generous Violet Gucci for women

Flora by Gucci Generous Violet Gucci for women
dislike

ozonic
Flora by Gucci Generous Violet Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Generous Violet Gucci for women Pictures

The prestigious Italian fashion house of Gucci launches a new collection of fragrances under the creative director of Frida Giannini. It comes out in May 2012 named Flora by Gucci Garden Collection. The collection includes five most important blossoms outlined on the legendary Gucci scarf designed by Vittorio Accornero for Princess Grace of Monaco. These five new editions are: Glorious Mandarin, Gracious Tuberose, Gorgeous Gardenia, Glamorous Magnolia and Generous Violet.

“It’s a sort of bouquet of scents,” said Giannini for wwd, “So Gorgeous Gardenia because I wanted to underline the gorgeously feminine side of this fragrance. Glorious Mandarin because there’s a sort of euphoria in mandarin, since it’s such a sparkly fruit.”

In the process of making these fragrances, it was very important to distinguish them from one another. The idea is that each fragrance should reflect a facet of the same woman. The fragrances come in elongated hexagonal shaped bottles with transparent rather than gold stoppers.

The face of the advertising campaign is Abbey Lee Kershaw, shot by Solve Sundsbø. The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette, except mandarin and violet one that will be available exclusively at Gucci flag stores as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Violet Leaf

iris Violet Orris

Suede

April Violets
Marc Jacobs Autumn Splash Violet
Violettes de Toulouse Eau de Toilette

Flora by Gucci Generous Violet Fragrance Reviews

Nicely sweet and somewhat juicy fruity at first; almost like blackcurrent, but it quickly becomes "very" powdery. It's so clean, soft but strong at the same time for being so powdery. The suede gives a very subtle masculine touch and I like that. One spritz on my neck and it lasts about 8-9 hours on me and it rarely happens that a scent lasts this long. All Floras by Gucci are pretty awesome. I may attempt to acquire them all.

Beautiful, fresh violet & iris scent, mysterious, ladylike and quite gentle. I like it very much! It is ozonic and aquatic, perfect for warm season.
Usually violet scents are too powdery to my nose, so I am so happy that it wasn't this time!

Update: I've tested it again and yes, it is very nice, but I think that there is too much iris in this scent.

It has indeed a watery vibe, it is a nice violet scent, not the best, at least a fresh floral, feminine, nothing extraordinary ,but light and definitely airy!!
It isn't my favorite in the Flora scents, it is mild, and a bit ordinary..

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This is available right now (29.04.14) at allbeauty.com for £53.95 for 100ml.

Ozonic and floral are good words to describe it. I can't smell anything woody though.
At first when I sprayed it I felt a very strong alcohol scent. After some minutes it started to get soapy.
The more time passed the soapier it got. Smells like soap water or some cleaning product, not an expensive perfume.
Not good in my opinion but not the worst in this collection either.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is an ozonic scent that my nose will only accept to wear in one season...Summer. I tried to wear it one day in the Spring, it was very wet, snowy, I didn't really like it at all. But now in the heat, I find it much more tolerable. In any other season, the cooler air it is just a sharp ozonic slightly aquatic mess. In much warmer temps the violet isn't overpowered by this,it is very lovely and vibrant, and I am able to catch the iris and orris, giving it a nice powdery touch. It is a very refreshing violet.

I would have liked to have more suede with this, but overall, this will be a nice non offensive summer scent. This one would be nice to wear to a bridal shower or wedding. Very understated and refined.

Blossomes
Blossomes

This perfume is true to it's name, it's a whole lot of violets :)!

The start is full of strong violets, which can be a bit too much for some. Then it gradually fades into a softer, gentle and lovely violet. There is also a hint of iris, giving its a slightly powdery feel.

I find it really comforting, gentle and stunning. I also feel like it's quite dreamy, and love wearing it before I sleep. I absolutely love this perfume. It lasts quite a long time on my skin - around 8 hours, I can often smell the lingering violet when I wake up.

la mariposa
la mariposa

I just got it as a gift 100 ml,it s good,but i like better georgeus gardenia :)

juno.mackerris
juno.mackerris

I found while wearing this perfume it starts out on me as a heavy violet with a powdery note, after a few hours it dissipates to a a sweet mild violet with a hint of a powdery note. I find it a bit strong to start with but it dries down to something milder and lovely.

maiju
maiju

@Perfumedsecrets "The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette, except mandarin and violet one that will be available exclusively at Gucci flag stores as 100 ml Eau de Toilette."

I'm sorry but you'll have to visit a flag store to be able to sample it - that is unless you can find samples online or get them from a friend. :(

By the way, to add to the description that states that the most Flora by Gucci scents are available in 50ml and 100ml, I've also seen 30ml EDT bottles.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Where can I find this perfume? None of the counters seem to carry it. It's missing...haha. All I wanted was a sample.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

بسیار لذت بخش برای شنونده های که برای استشمام روان پی سرچشمه میگردنند

Momo Tse
Momo Tse

not so powdery, a little rose, no character, disappointing

Flora by Gucci Generous Violet by Gucci 3.51 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Flora by Gucci Generous Violet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Flora by Gucci Generous Violet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flora by Gucci Generous Violet by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flora by Gucci Generous Violet by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.