Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women

Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women
dislike

cacao
Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Gucci for women Pictures

The prestigious Italian fashion house of Gucci launches a new collection of fragrances under the creative director of Frida Giannini. It comes out in May 2012 named Flora by Gucci Garden Collection. The collection includes five most important blossoms outlined on the legendary Gucci scarf designed by Vittorio Accornero for Princess Grace of Monaco. These five new editions are: Glorious Mandarin, Gracious Tuberose, Gorgeous Gardenia, Glamorous Magnolia and Generous Violet.

“It’s a sort of bouquet of scents,” said Giannini for wwd, “So Gorgeous Gardenia because I wanted to underline the gorgeously feminine side of this fragrance. Glorious Mandarin because there’s a sort of euphoria in mandarin, since it’s such a sparkly fruit.”

In the process of making these fragrances, it was very important to distinguish them from one another. The idea is that each fragrance should reflect a facet of the same woman. The fragrances come in elongated hexagonal shaped bottles with transparent rather than gold stoppers.

The face of the advertising campaign is Abbey Lee Kershaw, shot by Solve Sundsbø. The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette, except mandarin and violet one that will be available exclusively at Gucci flag stores as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Freesia Green Notes Citruses

Evergreen

Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia Fragrance Reviews

jessora
jessora

Just tried this on after finding a Tester bottle at my Ulta! I was very excited as I know there are just 3 floras that are available and 2 that are exclusive to Macy's and a few higher end stores. Upon first spray, I actually was disappointed. I felt it was similar to any floral popular "celeb" scent (aka a very heady, floral spice aka sugar and spice). I was thinking something maybe like Oscar De La Renta Volupte as well, just very heady and 100% floral and really not subtle at all the way magnolia is on the tree and you go and sniff it and you don't want to leave, just smell its dry, milky floral all day long.

So after the dry down, I didn't get the cocoa, but instead maybe a crisp butter wafer cookie, slightly burned sugar scent with the magnolia or white floral or whatever it is wafting over it. So basically, cookies and floral is what I got (and I'm not talking about a butter cookie but a European burnt-caramel wafer like cookie NOT a ginger snap molasses but just plain ole white sugar with heat under it).

I will definitely try it again but I feel for this, I'd have to be in the mood. I also feel this is one of those fragrances that shouts "Ta-da!" without saying anything. If you just want to look at people and listen to them talk but still be noticed, wear this. You might wear this to an event like a wedding or funeral and the entire time the event is going on people are going to be asking, "Who's got that floral scent on, do I like it or not?" Kind of a "ladies'" perfume, if you see what I did there. Like a teased hair, rose or copper lipstick lady wearing some kind of floral dress, nylon stockings and maybe some little Ferragamo heels.

I really do want to try the other scents (Violet, Tuberose, Gardenia and Mandarin) and maybe there is some meaning behind them being a collection somehow, that as a group they actually stand up to each other and have strengths and weaknesses.

AuraeliaBee
AuraeliaBee

The first few times I put this on I didn't like it. It was sharp and heady. But the dry down piqued my interest, so I kept trying it on.

One day I was in a rush and just grabbed the closest perfume, which was this one, and sprayed it on randomly and rather further away than I usually do and then magic happened. There was no more sharp and heady scent. Just this soft, interesting, unique smell that I usually get after hours into the dry down.

It's floral but not heady, musky and sweet but still airy, and it's cocoa without being sugary. I LOVE it. It's a nice break from all those typical floral-fruity and sweet gourmand scents going around.

It's staying power on my skin is moderate, maybe 3-4 hours. But on my clothes it lasts all day.

I read one of the reviews here saying that it's similar to acqua di gioia, I couldn't disagree more. Acqua di Gioia is absolutely sharp and rancid on me.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Straight up, overpriced, candied citrus.

I'm a huge magnolia fan, so I'm always on the hunt for the best magnolia-centric fragrances.. but this one is not that at all.

It has that same candy smell as stuff like Coach Poppy, smelling sort of like sweet tarts. That tangy, sweet nondescript kinda of powdery smell.

There's no way I would pay the asking price for this, especially since it has magnolia in the name yet no magnolia in the performance. It's a big pet peeve of mine when a fragrance is named after one of its poorly executed notes.

This line-up of fragrances could have been MUCH better had they made them a little bit more distinct. When I smell them all next to each other, they run together so much since each one is fruity candy sweetness.

piluna
piluna

This is too sharp. Green notes mixed with some flowers. I got a little headache when I spray it on. It smells so good from the bottle. But this is strong stuff apparently.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

I think this is an unusual floral fruity mix that's yummy.

I've worn this all year round never got sick of it, it starts with a fresh citrus burst, quickly followed by creamy magnolia which is a lovely powdery floral that remains fresh airy and aquatic some how!
With the dry down comes smoky dark chocolate brought to you on a sandalwood tray!

Reading this back it shouldn't work but believe me it really does, super for all ages and is just different enough to make you feel special.

I thinks this is an original floral and I haven't smelt anything like this before it's fresh, sweet and lasts really well, I think it's the best flora out of the collection.

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

I tried it thanks to a sample... sorry, it's awful! It smells like a cough syrup :|

ergarrett
ergarrett

I wanted to like this scent, especially since I usually like magnolia and Gucci perfumes in general, but I have to agree with other reviewers here: watermelon bubblegum is all I get. I gave my mini bottle away about a week after I got it.

From the Gucci flora garden collection, I recommend: Gorgeous Gardenia (reminds me of a refined Viva la Juicy), Gracious Tuberose (elegant springtime fragrance, great non-offensive for the office), and Glorious Mandarin (absolutely perfect for summer, and my personal favorite of the five).

Unfortunately none of these from the garden collection are very long lasting, but since they are EDTs, I'll give them a pass.

Vampiraag
Vampiraag

At fist I noticed magnolia but just for a few minutes, the dry down on my skin is a mix of heavy dark chocolate, peony, sandalwood and some powdery notes.
Not my cup of tea, I'm huge magnolia fan and was expecting so much more,so disappointed.

Amanaiara
Amanaiara

Glamorous Magnolia on my skin is sweet and fruity, but not as sweet as Gorgeous Gardenia.
It's funny how I can get the cocoa just in some days, but the most of times it's just fruity.

dkny27
dkny27

Beautiful flirty spring/summer scent. I've had this for a while and revisited based on some recent reviews.
This scent opens with some sweetness but almost immediately gives way to an aquatic lemon and magnolia, with a continuous splash of sweet.
It's fresh, green and pink between the dash of citrus and the kiss of fruity flowers.
It does reveal layers of variety upon the dry down, so skin chemistry may play a part in the appeal. Nonetheless, a nicely done fresh approach in a gorgeous bottle!

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Watermelon bubble gum. Don't blind buy it like I did. The original Flora and Gracious Tuberose are so much classier.

Cielo163
Cielo163

I cant detect any magnolia here, instead I got a bomb of fruit, Is it watermelon?
I cant smell any floral notes at all, just plainly tropical fruity with sugar, there is not even citrus or musk here. And it's just so sweet and cloying that it caused me headache. Luckily I decided to test before buying,since I love Gucci garden collection so much, Gardenia and Tuberose work so well on me.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

For some crazy reason this smells like...watermelon? Not at all like magnolia. Not even a hint of it. This doesn't work for me but try it yourself. Perhaps you will get a better result with this. Not a safe blind buy.

shanabanana
shanabanana

This is my favourite of the Gucci Garden Collection. Not really a fan of fruity fragrances but this is something I quite like. I finally bought this at Johannesburg airport as it was much cheaper than in my country. It's a fresh and fruity floral, perfect for spring/summer days and flowy dresses

I like the bottle and the blue juice, very pretty. Very agreeable, not offensive at all and therefore wearable for most occasions. While this is nice and I do wear it, I tend to prefer scents that are not so well behaved.

Miriana93
Miriana93

This is very sophisticated, sexy day time scent. It is a citrus floral which I can't get enough of. When I wear it, it makes me feel all grown up and glamorous. It is still very youthful and cheerful and I can't wait to buy a bottle of it so that I'll feel all fresh and smell so good. It is also very potent - I have the EDT tester and it lasts for more than half a day.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

This perfume really surprised me! I was expecting a flowery floral with big notes of magnolia. I smelled NO citrus. I smelled a light magnolia right off the back and smelled a soft sweet note which I pinned down as the cocoa. It took me awhile to determine it, but I also smell the sandalwood. It's really soft but it ties it all together. Very pretty and I like it. My hubby doesn't like sandalwood, so he doesn't like it.

MP19
MP19

although it smells good, the fragrance isn't strong enough... I made the mistake of buying the 100 ml one, and that was upsetting. Luckily, i found a few tricks to make it last long. Put a little Vaseline or lotion where you normally put on your perfume.
Trust me, this adds it at least 2h. Still,the smell lasts up to 5h, but it fades

Yeah, I have just confirmed that I don't like strong magnolia smell. On my skin it is such an enormously sour scent like pure lemon juice.
(And I don't want to smell like a lemon juice)
First notes weren't that bad, so I guess my skin does not like some notes and nothing can be done about that.

At first I smelt green freshness in it. Later the peony and magnolia came along. Unfortunately I can't smell dark chocolate at all. I am not a big fan of it, there is something overwhelming about the combination of all those flowers. It smells too slushy.

Lindaves
Lindaves

My new favourite scent for summer. It opens up fresh, green, citrusy & in a word - summery. Then the florals kick in, but not a sweet or sickly floral, just one that suits my body chemistry & smells really pretty.

It doesn't last more than about 4 hours, but that's what I want in a scent I wear in summer. Very feminine, pretty, & I adore the bottle. Looking forward to wearing it right through the upcoming Oz summer

ivyheel
ivyheel

I was so confused after spraying this at the department store... Expecting magnolia, I got sweet candy. Not unpleasant, but it's like someone took the champagne bottle and filled it with (quality) beer.

cori.x
cori.x

i read that people saying this smells like watermelon... now when i smell it again, i guess you could say it smells like watermelon, cuz it kinda does

westernlady
westernlady

Glamorous Magnolia is a very light, slightly green floral with a powdery undertone. It's a great perfume for daytime wear, but I found that the lasting power was minimal on me. It's one of those perfumes that is pretty and inoffensive.

My only issue with it is that it doesn't have anything that makes it stand out as special to me.

christikf
christikf

Glamorous Magnolia could be J'Adore's cute, bratty little sister. It opens up very sharp, with lots of citrus and sparkly notes up front. After about 20 minutes, it settles into a creamy melon-y cocktail garnished with a big old honking flower. I haven't yet noticed the Mexican chocolate notes, but the sandalwood is starting to peek through a little. I like it a lot, but it feels a little more appropriate for the 18-25 set.

Aeris
Aeris

Truly dissapointing. As a Southern Belle who has lived around Magnolias her whole life, this perfume smelled NOTHING like them. It was barely detectable and smelled off. This is a prime example of what happens when companies chose marketing and packaging over quality.
Update: End of the day report. I now smell like stale bubble gum and rotton oranges. Nice dry down Gucci.

After all of the hype, I confess to being disappointed by Gucci GLAMOROUS MAGNOLIA, which strikes me as interchangeable with hundreds of other vat-sourced, "no plant life was sacrificed in the production of this perfume" abstract pink fruity-floral frags. I was even considering acquiring a bottle of this online scent unsniffed. Fortunately, reason prevailed, and I first procured a sample at Sephora, through which I was able to determine that I would never wear this "perfume", even if someone gave me a bottle.

I realize that the liquid itself is not pink, but the spirit is definitely pink, and does it really matter which food coloring was thrown into the mix? GLAMOROUS MAGNOLIA will surely work for someone looking for an abstract pink fruity-floral frag, but this is sweet and synthetic and smells nothing like magnolia to me.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I spent 3 weeks searching for a perfume I can wear during the hot AZ summer. This was about the 66th one I smelled and I wasn't expecting much. Now I've read reviews where people have said a scent was so perfect that they nearly cried and I've scoffed at those reviews. But no joke, when the lady at the counter sprayed this, it was so perfect I nearly cried. The citrus notes burst off the paper and made me so happy. I could almost hear the "ZING" in my head when I smelled it. That's my best description. ZING. It was exactly what I've been looking for, what I had given up on finding.
I'm not usually a fan of cool fragrances. I like warm ones like Lolita Lempicka, D&G The One, and Kenzo Amour Indian Holi. So it's perfect for me that this initial cool burst of citrus warms up into the Chocolate and Sandalwood notes. For me, it's the best of both worlds in one fragrance.
The scent certainly doesn't last that long (maybe 4 hours) but I like to see that as an opportunity to smell that ZING again. Like having my mid-day espresso. On top of that, my boyfriend likes it and believe me, it's a miracle that we can both agree on one.
The feeling I get from this perfume is: I'm in Arizona weather (100+ degrees F) and I'm boiling. I dive into a cold pool with my friends and someone from the patio hands me a big watermelon slice to bite into. Once I've cooled down, I climb out and let the sun warm me back up. What more could I want?

EDIT: I've noticed when I dab it on, the dry down is quick but lovely. Today when I sprayed it, the dry down was slow but got kinda soapy. Still love this scent though!

Plumiegirl
Plumiegirl

i first tried this and it was a little strong but nice on the first spray but it drys down in 30 minutes into a powery, floral sweet musk that is irresistible. I came back to the store the next day to pick this one up. This floral dry down stayes close and I could smell it all day, just a light whiff of sweet floral. Love it.

Linzyb
Linzyb

I had such high hopes for this! It opens with a beautiful citrus clean blast, clean and fresh. Then I thought it would follow with some beautiful soft, clean magnolia, not BUBBLEGUM! I left the house for a party thinking I would smell amazing and get compliments. No compliments and I found out why on the car ride home, I smelled literally like sweet bubblegum! Crazy! I do like this, I think it's sweet and cute, but I would never buy it. Oh well, the search continues. If you want to smell like sweet bubblegum (it's not offensive at all) then this is your scent! If you want to smell florals then this is the wrong one!

Debshee
Debshee

Someone mentioned "bitter baking chocolate" in an earlier review. Maybe that's the sour note I'm getting. I like this on paper but the bitter note is enormous on my skin. Sadly, I haven't found any gucci flora that is just right for me.

slobberchops
slobberchops

this is my first perfume from a swap,oh my goodness I adore this sent,i would happily give away every single I perfume I own,on my its sweet without being cloying,overpowering,its light,it wafts around me in the breeze,its like a sunny day walk with my girls near the sea with flowers bobbing their heads on the sea air,the birds singing and just a happy to be here day,my kids loved it,mummy you smell scrumptious,i put a little on a hanky so they could smell it in their bedroom,its green and light and clean,it suits all ages,even my mother in law is on the look out for a bottle after having a spritz of mine,over the moon

valerie.aardahl
valerie.aardahl

True spring scent! Light and elegant, not too sweet and not too bitter. A modern classic in my eyes. Beautiful bottle design. The only drawback - disappears quickly on my skin

prettyswag
prettyswag

I mix this with the gucci flora mandarin...great combo..they up lift each other nice!

parisalondres
parisalondres

i had a spritz on my wrist in parfum shop couple weeks ago, i'm can't literally describe it, all i can say is it smelled very very feminine in a good way, quite like it. i'm still thinking whether to buy this version or buy classic flora edp.

I can't find the magnolia note in this fragrance at all.
Disappointment!(

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This is a complete morpher from the mouillette to the skin!!.... I think it's the first time i tested a perfume who morphed so drastically from tester strip to skin.

On paper, its smelled flowery, fresh and sort of one dimensional scent. So I decided to spray some on my skin, thinking that this would be another flat, gentle flowery scent a la Versace Crystal Bright....wrong! The first 30 minutes, I was drenched in alcohol vaps with here and there something green and citrucy trying to make its way. After this stage, I got hit with a strong, opulent flower nectar scent ( but nothing to do with the smell of magnolia as I remember it). This is heavy, sickly sweet and cheap nectar and sugar scent. I couldn't wait to scrubb it fast enough...
Strangely enough, this Gucci reminds so much of another perfume that I used to smell a lot on one of my relatives years ago, but I cant remember the name. It was a very popular fragrance at the time, heavy and with a knock off sillage, everybody would smell her perfume even after she has long left the room. To some, this was truly likeable scent, so I can imagine that Gucci Flora Magnolia can be very well loved by others.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Glamorous Magnolia is one of my favourite fragrances. Of course you would be disappointed if you expected a magnolia soliflore. It is a fruity scent with a lemony greenish opening. Which I don't mind since I am a citrus lover. Then the main note seem to be melon though it is not listed as a note. As for the chocolate note I don't find i too sweet. It prevents the whole composition from being too sour. A well-balanced scent. Charming, refreshing, summery.
It is also good office-friendly fragrance. I wore it several times at work and was complimented each time. I was actually told it smelled fresh and yummy... At least the fragrance does not bother anyone!

I tried it at Sephora and had to have it, it is fresh and feminine, exhuberant and vibrant, it is a lovely scent, elegant but not serious at all, I think my favourite of the Flora collection. I personally dont find it to be a watermelon scent at all.
It is light though so longevity is ok, but I am happy to have it , the cocoa keeps the magnolia from being sharp.
A great scent.

elifcandan
elifcandan

Smells like a watermalon gum at first. An hour later, smells more floral. Liked it. Fresh but sweet.

zellpang
zellpang

The first impression, it smells like a watermelon to me. The fragrance is floral green, fresh and suitable for spring/summer season. I quite like the light watery impression I got from it.

paulanoog
paulanoog

This is a really wonderful scent. It's almost cloyingly sweet in the beginning, almost embarrassingly so. It's clean, fun, and flirty--just not very mature. It doesn't make me gag or anything. On my skin, Gorgeous Magnolia unfolds beautifully. The youthful saccharine scent melts into Freesia and cucumber, and eventually chocolate and sandalwood. There's a complexity to this fragrance, but it's not complicated. It's surprising. The whole experience of this perfume is well-rounded and balanced, even though the top notes may initially seem kind of linear.

Different parts of my body carry different notes of this fragrance. For example, my wrists often reach the base notes sooner than the insides of my elbows. So my wrists smell of chocolate and sandalwood, while the insides of my elbows carry freesia and green notes. I spray only twice--on my chest and on one wrist which I then gently dab against my other wrist and the inside of my elbows. My neck/chest retain the sweeter, candy-like, melon notes. It's a very lovely, dynamic fragrance.

cheeky_lollipop
cheeky_lollipop

smelled it a few weeks ago at the Sephora near my place and LOVE it... just the kind of fresh gentle and green scent that i love... while on my friend it dries down to a sweet sugary scent, i was glad that it did not on me, as i despise diabetic sugary fragrance, it was just a hint of citrus and loads of the green freshness... loving it...! so getting this as my every day fragrance.

angelic4296
angelic4296

I've smelled this scent a million times before in every "fruity floral" that I couldn't tell apart from eachother if my life depended on it. So typical, so boring, nothing that makes it special. I bet barely any magnolia at all - the opening is that sweety fruity top, and then it fades to...floral. But typical, forgettable floral.

The Gracious Tuberose is great - a REALLY nice job. The Gorgeous Gardenia is...eh. Soft gardenia, but fades quickly.

Jess234
Jess234

The top notes smell to me like watermelon and the base notes candy and musk.
I really love this perfume. It is really fresh and sweet smelling which is what I love.

dianasihy
dianasihy

Soapy.

Elouelou
Elouelou

I loved this! It smelt like soda... A bit fizzy. The citrus gave it a real kick. I didn't notice the florals that much at all.

joip
joip

This is not magnolia. But I really like this perfume for what it is - a light, fresh and joyful fragrance that is somewhat neutral and can easily be worn on a daily basis without disturbing anyone. It doesn't stand out and make people's heads turn, but sometimes you just want to blend in with the crowd, and smell... good. These days this perfume is my no 1 choice.

m4
m4

Beautiful scent. Light, fresh, little bit sour on me, well blended. Something is special in it in comparison with other ordinary floral scent. Good job. :-)

Arishi
Arishi

It's probably just my own body chemistry but this smelled AMAZING on my skin... for the first hour... Then it kind of turned from floral to wet dog... :(

xocoatl
xocoatl

I think I read someone mentioning bubblegum, which is spot on IMO. Like a watermelon flavoured bubblegum. It's a pleasant smell, in the same way that bubblegum smells nice. But it can also get a little boring after a while, with that kind of artifical sweetness. Smells pretty much the same from beginning to end on me. Positive is that, even though it's sweet, it's not sweet in a heavy way that would cause a headache. Negative is that I get a little bored with it. And I don't pick up any of the chocolate, musk or sandalwood (chocolate would have been interesting, and I usually enjoy sandalwood and musk).

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I know what a Magnolia smells like...and this ain't it! All I smell is sugar and bubblegum. NOT for me!

irin_ka
irin_ka

If you've ever been arround magnolia tree, then you know this perfume has little to do with it.
Cheap sugary bubblegum. Long time ago I had Impulse body spray that predicted this one.

maiju
maiju

You can pretty much tell by Gucci's advertisement campaign that this perfume, along with its sisters, is directed at young women (or rather, girls under the age of 20).

I saw this in a perfume store today and seeing this was a magnolia scent, I wanted to give it a try even though it was obvious from the ad poster next to the bottle that this perfume isn't directed at my age group. When I sprayed this on a mouillette, I knew it smelled familiar. After a few whiffs, I got it: watermelon bubblegum. The watermelon bubblegum that was sold in supermarkets back when I was a kid. Sweet, sugary bubblegum - not so much of fresh, wonderful magnolia. I usually love watermelon notes, but the bubblegum part of it isn't something I would want on my skin.

I didn't try Glamourous Magnolia on my skin and dropped the mouillette pretty fast, so this isn't a very profound review of it. Regardless of the overpowering bubblegum-like note, I can see young girls (maybe ages 10-15) liking this one a lot. As a woman well into her twenties, I'm leaving this one in the stores.

lara0905
lara0905

This was very promising from the bottle...then I put it on and it was...disappointment.

Please, don't judge me for what I will say, but I feel now is the time to tell You, what I'm think.

Every time, when I decide to go to exploring something new, I always do it with high hopes-might I will find some new and interesting fragrance in the local perfumery. But my illusions are always smashes by the recognition:both the fashion houses and the perfumeurs in the past few years, why do they afford the same circles from time to time? Why we need thousands of Prada Candy and Jimmy Choo and I might go on...All about sugar, candy, sweet popcorn, chocolate, caramel..So sad is the classics are disappearing from the shelves and the unimaginative confectionery-type perfumes replaces them slowly...and doesn't matter whether we call them-Gucci or anything else.:(

Don't get me wrong: I understand, this type of fragrances targeted not my kind of people.But I still don't understand: why do they need to force this cute-girlish-lollipop thing all the time..?:(

Glamourous Magnolia is a lost battle of the anemic magnolia against the cruel bubble-gum and sugar cloud.

...I apologize for everybody who loves this fragrance, but for this money can be find more individual fragrances on the market.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I love magnolia because I grew up surrounded by the trees and still have one in my backyard. It's blooming right now. Huge fragrant flowers. I don't think Gucci has captured the essence of a magnolia, but it's a decent perfume. It didn't blend with my chemistry and seemed flat or synthetic. None of these seem to last long enough. They're a phantom skin scent after an hour or two.

desertrat
desertrat

I agree with LadiesRed... I smell melon! It starts melon... then changes to a little greener and sharper... then changes again to melon on my skin... I'm wondering if this is going to end up being another Chance eau Tendre/Daisy eau so Fresh incarnation? As it develops I'll update this post...

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A rich tropical perfume? I could smell melon some how,

and yet it is unlisted.

I do like.

Very green and fruity-floral

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Quite liked it on paper, but didn't work out as well on my skin. Didnt last long either.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Disappointing - rather weak and wan. The magnolias are wet and sad. Banal scent with of course no staying power. What a waste of a rather nice bottle. This whole series is a tired exercise in marketing and presentation over substance. Perfume for people who don't actually like perfume but like to put a pretty bottle on the dresser.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Ok, at first I loved this... now... I don't know. It does smell pretty generic. It's fruity/floral, but something about it makes me think it would be better for "mature" women. It's not really a youthful fruity/floral... it's more clean and soft and unobtrusive. I don't know... I like it, but I don't think it's worth the exorbitant price. Gucci II is better.

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Awful. Generic fruity floral, no true Magnolia to speak of. Smelled like a diluted, watery, powdered drink.

kylexora
kylexora

I give it a try today and,it quite impressing.floral and fresh,airy and greeny.you can still smell original Floral in this bottle...magnolia is obvious,but the whole blend is nice to be wear on hot summer day...
Sillage is good,longevity is acceptable. But i don't own a bottle because it dont have what i'm looking for...

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

As one review states, this is not ALL about the magnolia blossom, meaning, it certainly is not a soliflore.
Like most of you, I was really looking foreward to this one based on the idea that it would be magnolia blossom dominant, yet I must say, I am not disappointed.
Glamorous Magnolia is actually rather complex.(And glamorous? OH YES!)

The opening (for me anyway,) starts off with a generous burst of sparkly citrus along with heady, green, stemy magnolia blossom. As the magnolia blossom mellows, you start to get subtle whiffs of freesia and peony, with the magnolia blossom lingering somehow very illusively throughout the life of the fragrance, and the green note staying crisp, clear and ever present from start to finish.

The citrus note becomes less intense and the fragrance gradually becomes more powdery as the dry down progresses.
In the end, what you are left with, is an elegant, powdery soft, yet still very green bouquet.

No, this is not a magnolia blossom soliflore. What it is, is an elegant, intensely green and might I say, gorgeous summer floral.

missymary
missymary

Yup! not a whole lot of magnolia, but some airy fresh freesia, and what hit me was zesty juicy watermelon-and-ginger.

I could wish that Juicy Couture had gone more in this direction. For my money it's better value than JC because it lasts pretty well and it has more personality. Not attitude exactly, just an original breezy melony/musk piquancy. It's more twenties than teens, but very youthful and carefree.

I like it better than the tuberose. I like it, period.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

THIS IS THE TOP NOTES OF gucci flora fragrance...nice but didnt care for a just shampooed hair type smell. lol!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I have been looking forward to testing this and was disappointed! Where is the magnolia? It it this shy? It appears for a few minutes in the opening and then this fragrance turns into a full on citrus twist, with green notes and a slight sweetness at the base. Not bad, but for a fragrance entitled 'Glamourous Magnolia' I wanted a floral fragrance.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Spritzed this on a card and as soon as it got to my nose it hit me. BEYONCE PULSE! This smells of the cirtus gourmandish power that Beyonce Has at the top notes. It's very energetic and sweet and it gives you that energetic, electric feel that Beyonce Pulse gives you at first spray. Like this very much! I might get the body lotion since Pulse's lotion has glitter and I'll layer the two :p

jonr951
jonr951

Definitely my favorite of the 3 I smelled! SO refreshingly sweet! Delicious! I will most definitely be adding Magnolia to my fragrance collection. It smells like something but I can't put my finger on it. Oh well. I want it so that's all that matters. : )

4/8/12 Update: I got me the 3.3 oz bottle, brand new and sealed, on ebay for 36 bucks! SO AWESOME! Now I need the Gardenia. : )

vaidute
vaidute

find it yesterday .smell is amazing ,sweet,fresh mmm.need save money for it .perfect for spring

chanchita
chanchita

March 2012:
I've just picked up this perfume and absolutely adore it after wearing it for an afternoon... On me it is initially quite sweet, green and fresh. Zing my mind goes - racing after happy memories! After a while it developes to a somewhat musky rose smell. Mmmmm... a little bit naughty. All the while Magnolia ties the bouquet together. This is on my skin and how I perceive it. Lovely layers. To me this is a 'young at heart' yet grown up delicacy. A green Macaroon! Perfect for spring/summer 2012 and absolutely wearable in the office as well as on weekends. Very happy I sought it out - all thanks to some research on this website! :)

September 2012:
Update to the above after having lived with this frag for a summer. Sadly I've gone full circle and no longer like it all all. I very quickly got bored with it... On me, after wearing it for some time, it's an overpoweringly sweet, syrupy scent which felt one-dimensional, too young, too pastel, too nice! I stopped wearing it and have left this expensive melon salad to gather dust on my shelf.

antonpan
antonpan

It seems that with the Garden collection Gucci decided to make variations of the most popular womens fragrances on the market. Gorgeous Magnolia is close to Armani Acqua di Gioia, both are citrucy tropical aquatics with a sugary dry down. Of course, it is not about magnolia flower.

Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia by Gucci 3.53 out of 5 based on 441 ratings and 71 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flora by Gucci Glamorous Magnolia by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.