Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin Gucci for women

Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin Gucci for women
dislike

coconut
Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin Gucci for women Pictures

The prestigious Italian fashion house of Gucci launches a new collection of fragrances under the creative director of Frida Giannini. It comes out in May 2012 named Flora by Gucci Garden Collection. The collection includes five most important blossoms outlined on the legendary Gucci scarf designed by Vittorio Accornero for Princess Grace of Monaco. These five new editions are: Glorious Mandarin, Gracious Tuberose, Gorgeous Gardenia, Glamorous Magnolia and Generous Violet.

“It’s a sort of bouquet of scents,” said Giannini for wwd, “So Gorgeous Gardenia because I wanted to underline the gorgeously feminine side of this fragrance. Glorious Mandarin because there’s a sort of euphoria in mandarin, since it’s such a sparkly fruit.”

In the process of making these fragrances, it was very important to distinguish them from one another. The idea is that each fragrance should reflect a facet of the same woman. The fragrances come in elongated hexagonal shaped bottles with transparent rather than gold stoppers.

The face of the advertising campaign is Abbey Lee Kershaw, shot by Solve Sundsbø. The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette, except mandarin and violet one that will be available exclusively at Gucci flag stores as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Mandarin Orange Peony

Piña Colada Jasmine

Musk Amber Woodsy Notes

Orange Blossom

Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin Fragrance Reviews

esteban747
esteban747

Opening with mandarin and jasmine in the background. At first it feels as if the notes are moving around trying to find their respective places.
Then it becomes an harmonious, spring-like scent. slightly sweet from the jasmine still retaining the juicy freshness of the mandarin. The pina colada adds a fun side to this composition, thankfully it's not overly sweet nor too synthetic(smelling)which may have derailed this fragrance into absolute forgettable tragedy.
The drydown is nice, not original, floral with musk and amber.
There's truly nothing distinctive about this fragrance. You may like it and that's alright, in the end that's one of the reason we all buy perfumes. But based on originality, Glorious Mandarin leaves much to be desired.
I see this perfume more like a celebrity scent than a major design house.

ladenu
ladenu

I have a tester of this. It smells nice from far but when i put it on; it makes me cough badly and gives me headaches. The lasting power is good though.

piluna
piluna

A pleasant fresh white floral with a tint of citrus on the top. This is great for summer and doesn’t turn sour. I think it is very people pleasing and great for everyday when you want to stay fresh :)

Lana148
Lana148

The name on this one is definitely deceiving. There is no fruit mandarin smell here. Maybe they were going for the mandarin flower smell? Anyway, this one is watered-down white floral with a tiny hint of citrus. Very blah...

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Its funny because at first, I just wasn`t sure...I`m not a huge fan of coconut anyway and there is something in the original Flora that makes me a little queasy. I thought it was Cassis - it doesnt agree with me, but there isnt any in it! I`m also not particularly fond of Pina Coladas either! maybe this thought process along with the coconut swayed my decision...

However, I decided to buy it because I love jasmin, musk, mandarin (or anything orangey)and peony AND there was a FAB deal online and it would have been silly not to get it at such a low price for my collection!

So...I get it and spray some on..just a teeny little bit on my wrist.

I quite like the fresh opening and there something sweet and powdery lingering in my nose that I really like but I cant bring myself to make the desicion to wear it all over for a whole day!

That takes pure dedication and a commitment to the perfume to actually CHOOSE it for a days wear!!

The weeks go by and I keep looking at the lovely bottle of fresh sweet looking juice tantalizing me.. but I still cant bring myself to do it..

Its taken some time for sure..but today, well this afternoon! I actually did it! I sprayed it on both arms and a little on the neck..I committed to the fragrance for a whole AFTERNOON! and do you know what..TOMORROW I`m going to jump straight in and go for it with Glorious Mandarin for an entire day!!

Its time..to let it take me over and give it a proper chance.

I will update this time tommorow! :D

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

A sweet light jasmine centered floral imbued with orange blossom. It's a beautifully constructed blend. Something in it reminds me of little girl products from the early 80's. In the dry down it becomes a bit shampoo like, sadly for me.

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is one of the more feminine clean citrus frags I've come across. It's pretty, summery and playful yet also feels sophisticated...a grown up juicy, citrusy fruity-floral. I tried a bunch of frags yesterday (Elie Saab's L'eau Couture, Chance Fraiche, Miss Dior EDT, etc), and this one stood out over the rest for me. Actually Glorious Mandarin smells similar to the new Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, just more citrusy, sweeter and more long-lasting (I can't say which one I prefer MD BB has its own delicate charms). It starts out with a refreshing burst of juicy sweet mandarin with a crisp and dewy floral touch and an underlying hint of sweet coconut...it's not straight-up mandarin, but a sparkling blend, nothing synthetic or 'plastic-y' that I tend to get from the cheaper fruity-citrus-florals. I love that the pina-colada/coconut note doesn't overtake the scent like it tends to do in many frags, here it stays in the background to add abit of body to the scent. I absolutely love this first phase, which lasts for a surprisingly solid 3 hours! After that the scent gets less fresh and watery, less citrusy, still clean smelling, but abit sweeter, creamier and muskier, not too bad, but I do wish the dewy crispness would last all day! The 2nd phase phase lasts about 4-5 hours, overall making this scent one of the most long lasting citrus-fresh scents I know.The sillage is soft to moderate. Perfect for hot days.

kikiena01
kikiena01

It doesn't have that "WOW" factor I am looking for in a perfume. Honestly, it smells mostly of sweet citruses with a coconuty hint to it. But I would say you can't go wrong with it, because at least you can try to mix it with other perfumes, it's very versatile. But on its own, there's nothing special that would distinguish it from other spring/summer perfumes.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

Sannee77
Sannee77

This one is heavy on the citrus. I actually get more of a lemon citrus than a mandarin citrus here. There is a slight but noticeable piña colada/coconut milk note, but I would have wanted it to be more defined. Warm and somewhat drydown with amber and woods and yet more citrus.

Fun, sunny, beachy scent, ageless. I like it, perfect for warmer days.

Edit: I finally figured out what this reminds me of, Versace Yellow Diamond.

happygeisha
happygeisha

i get a visual of myself... sun-bathing, skin warmed by the heat, soaked with a coconut scented lotion whilst surrounded by tropical creamy jasmine blossoms and mandarin orange groves. very simple, very light and lovely.

dinaia
dinaia

I somehow agree with the reviewers saying this is not terribly original, it's done before and possibly cheaper. However, to me, it's floral fruity done just right, and done with taste, and I just can't help smiling when I put it on and words like dainty and lovely come to mind. It's sparkling citrus without being sour, it's sweet flowery drydown without being sickly sweet or synthetic. I don't get any pina colada at all, but I do get the fizzy tropical drink idea and it's toned down so it doesn't feel too childish.
Most importantly I find it to be one of those mood lifter fragrances, that changes one's disposition for the better and transports to a warmer and nicer environment, which is so welcome during winter.

This is nice, but overall overrated, it is quite floral, where is the mandarin? so not so fruity in a way, I think it is a fresh floral, nice for spring, but definitely not the best of the Flora perfumes!?
So quite nice, but not better than most fruity florals out there. not distinctive, not out of the ordinary, for the price you pay, I expected better..I would wear it if I were given a bottle, but unless I found it real cheap. I wouldn't t buy it..
Furthermore it doesn't develop at all.
I would prefer buying Escada , much cheaper..

lat
lat

This is not Flora Mandarin, this is Flora Peony. No pinacolada, not much citrus either, just peony sitting on a very sour and very powdery mess. I'm giving my sample away, maybe it's just not working with my chemistry.
Shame as I had high hopes judging by the notes.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I got a tester of this with a Sephora order. I love all of the notes in this, so I was very surprised that I hate the smell! Well, maybe not peony, that is the only note I am not really familiar with, and I think that I am getting 100% peony! On me it is very sharp, sour, and gives me a headache! I'm really shocked that I don't like this at all. For the first 30 minutes all I got was that acrid peony, and after that I started to pick up the other notes but only a small whisper compared to the peony. I can smell the mandarin hiding under the peony. All of my favorite fragrances feature mandarin, jasmine, and woods, and most also have amber, musk, or coconut. I'm guessing that peony and I just don't get along.

I am not impressed by this perfume. I like fresh citruses in it but I don't like how they mix with peony and jasmine. I think peony makes this one slushy. It is still much much better than Glamorous Magnolia or Gorgeous Gardenia. But it can't be compared to the elegance of Gracious Tuberose.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I really enjoy this fragrance. It is so fresh and crisp! I'm not particularly fond of floral scents at all, but find this one extremely refreshing!

It starts off with a wonderful citrus peony that reminds me of spring flowers blooming, and then settles into a bouquet of oranges in a flower garden while sipping on a pina coloda! PERFECT for the Spring and summer!!! I cannot wait for the weather to warm up so I can wear this!

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Absolutely lovely. Fresh and delicious, I love how mandarin is softer and sweeter than other citric notes. This lasts longer on me than regular Flora, but that isn't saying much. I wish that top note stuck around longer. Ideally, I would get this in portable spray bottles so I could reapply it.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

This is the longest-lasting "fresh" type scent I have ever tried. I do enjoy the fresh florals, but my complaint usually is that they are absolutely gone after an hour or two. Not so with Glorious Mandarin! The scent stays many hours on skin and days on clothing. The opening mandarin orange and orange blossom (which must be a trick of the jasmine + peony?) calls to mind, just slightly, Gaultier Classique EDT. It smells as that one would if you just isolated the citrus and orange blossom from the rest of the notes.

Glorious Mandarin does have a little bit of a soapy edge in the top notes, which intensifies as it dries down. It stays resolutely fresh and clean the whole way to the dry-down...it never becomes a warm and cuddly orange blossom. The musk base is a nice fresh laundry musk. All in all, a good choice for a light orange blossom scent. It's not going to be a heady floral experience, but instead will lightly give the impression of orange blossoms. It reminds me a bit of the orange blossom scent that they pump into the "Soarin' Over California" ride at Disney California Adventure--which is actually pretty realistic!

Notes I do NOT smell in this perfume: pina colada and amber. This doesn't feel tropical at all to me.

At the beginning this fragrance is lovely. Delicate, fresh, charming, truly mandarin. Fragrance heart is also very nice, perfect for the sunny weather. Only base notes seem to be too dry, but maybe it is only on my skin. Try yourself.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

I use to approach citrusy fragrances without too much enthusiasm, exception made for those containing mandarin that’s probably the only citrus note I can appreciate thanks to its feminine, lively and quite smooth features (as in Miss Dior Cherie EDP, 2005 version, a favorite of mine).
So before trying Glorious Mandarin from a sample kindly sent me by a loveliest member (thank you!) I was somehow prepared to a more sparkling variation on the original Flora’s theme, perhaps something in the lines of the Eau Fraiche but more rounded and girlish: that’s exactly what I found indeed.

Here's a spontaneous, dainty and extremely polite fragrance where the cleanest aspects of white floral notes combine with the bright mood of mandarin and the juiciness of an exotic drink, resulting in a soapy and sweet freshness that would be totally appropriate for sunny days spent in some holiday place.

What I noticed is that, differently from the other cute flankers I’ve tried from the Garden Collection where the supposed “main” notes are hardly detectable (tuberose and gardenia), Glorious Mandarin actually reveals mandarin in every stage of its structure: crispy and juicy in the opening where it's made gentler and more sophisticated by a hint of peony... delicious and elegant thanks to a subtle coconut and jasmine accord in the heart... soft but still present in the drydown where a faint trace of amber enhances its roundness. Longevity is average (4 hours at least on me), sillage is very discrete... I'd say this is more of a close to the skin scent.

All in all, Glorious Mandarin has a place among the most pleasant citrusy fragrances I’ve tried so far, totally devoid of sharpness and with a positive, clean, mood-enhancing vibe to it (it’s perhaps not a coincidence I decided to review it today, one of the crappiest days of this year weather-wise). Also, out of the Garden Collection fragrances, this is perhaps the closest to the original Flora (the EDT).
I kind of like it, although "Polite Mandarin" would have been a more appropriate name in my opinion :)

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

It's elegant, refreshing, sweet, delicious. ♥

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

It's nice but the fragrance itself smells like something that can be found for less. For Avon cheap. Overpriced. Not sophisticated enough. IMO.

eunicek
eunicek

Just go this today!

It's a lot more floral than I thought it would be (I thought this would be mostly mandarin as this is the only scent in the Garden collection not based on a flower). The smell is sweet but not overpowering like the Gorgeous Gardenia. It's very elegant and light, and causes enough attraction to make you want to smell it again and again.

Overall, I think this is probably the best scent out of the Flora Garden collection, but I find the original Flora more memorable and the Flora 1966 much more intricate in layers.

Angelinapink
Angelinapink

I like it, but it is very light. Perfect for summer. I was surprised when I wore it for the first time, and someone said, " oh you smell nice, what is that?" I didn't think it would make much of an impact.
It is a pretty feminine fragrance. Citrus and white florals. Delicate. I really don't see how anyone could dislike it. It would be a safe bet for a gift fragrance. However it is never going to have the wow factor.
Oh and the bottle is nice!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

All of these Garden Collection pastel colour liquids in transparent bottles are so cute, and this light yellow one is the cutest of them all. The fragrance itself is light and sparkling, like a little ray of sunlight. I was surprised to find Pina Colada accord listed among the notes since I smell no coconut, just fruit and some white flowers on top of wood and a hint of musk. It stays close to the skin but lasts surprisingly long for such a light scent.

P.S. It says on the Gucci webpage that there is ambergris, and not amber, among the base notes.

Fleurdel
Fleurdel

I have a tiny sample bottle. They were giving it out together with peach roses in a shopper's mall. At first spray, there is a distinct Mandarin smell, but after 10 mins it turns to a powdery smell.

It is still okay, my bottle is still usable for 30 more times. I'll see if I get compliments or I find it easy to use before I purchase a bottle.

lanchivu
lanchivu

love it at the 1st try :) Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin's my scent in this summer for sure. uhm, how to reveal my feeling exactly... something's pleasant, fresh, pure like u're standing in the grass field

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

On me this is very light. It starts with the scent of mandarins, sweet, fresh and happy all in one. After that it becomes a very light, inoffensive soft base, somewhat vanilla-like. It seems to completely skip the middle notes, I get no coconuts or jasmin in it. I like it, but have to spray a lot.

solovivian
solovivian

It smells like something to eat,also seems delicious.The odor is very fresh,natural and pleasant.This will be a great choice for spring and summer.
很赞的一款香水~~~

papergurl
papergurl

This is not mandarin as you might expect. None of the collection smell like their namesakes, they are more an "impression" if that makes sense. This was a blind buy for me, and while it is pleasant, it is not mandarin/amber, but rather citrus/peony. So I get fresh/spicy, almost unisex. It has the same type of bite to it that Forbidden Euphoria has, although they don't smell alike. Again, it is this...impression. I will wear it here and there over summers/autumns to come as the bottle is large. It just struck me, it smells a bit like a more expensively composed Forever Sunshine from Bath and Body Works. I may try the body cream with it just to see. This is not orange blossom to me, nor "beachy" like Beach, Bronze Goddess (in various incarnations), Jennifer Anniston, but it does have about 4-5 hours in it and I am going to keep an open mind and see if warmer temperatures bring out some kind of pina colada.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I had to add this sunny fresh.summer scent , i love to layer this with the magnolia , those are the best.out of the bunch...its a fresh twist together for spring summer....its nice when its warm out. !

Blossomes
Blossomes

I've actually had this quite a while, but have yet to properly wear it because I'm saving it for the summer where I feel it will be amazing to wear.

The opening is a delightful blend of citrus and peony. Later on, I can smell the fun pina colada mixed in with the citrusy notes. It's quite creamy coconut with the sweet fruity smell of the pineapple. It lasts for around 5-6 hours on my skin, with the dry-down smells woody with whats left of the sweet fruit from to me.

Overall, it's a really fun, energetic and care-free scent. It a has a bit of a tropical vibe to it and it's simply perfect for summer. I will definitely be wearing it this summer, laying in the sun, on the beach or during the late summer nights drinking cocktails with the girls.

For those in the UK it is available at Harrods and House of Fraser - (I saw it at the HoF on Oxford Street recently). Both stock 50ml and 100ml now (I think)

hmay1992
hmay1992

Macys is going to carry it beginning in April.

Red Rose
Red Rose

It's available at Harrods.com
update:
I believe it's also available at nordstrom.com

Cams
Cams

Mandarin and Violet will be sold exclusively at Gucci stores.

panthere
panthere

Would love to test this one. Unfortunatly most shops have only three on sale;TUBEROSE,GARDENIA and MAGNOLIA.

Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin by Gucci 3.98 out of 5 based on 209 ratings and 36 user reviews

Gucci 'Flora by Gucci - Glorious Mandarin' Eau de Toilette 1.6 oz
Gucci 'Flora by Gucci - Glorious Mandarin' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz
Gucci 'Flora by Gucci - Glorious Mandarin' Eau de Toilette 3.3 oz
Gucci Flora By Gucci Glorious Mandarin Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gucci Flora By Gucci Glorious Mandarin Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flora by Gucci Glorious Mandarin by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.