Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women

Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women
dislike

Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Gucci for women Pictures

The prestigious Italian fashion house of Gucci launches a new collection of fragrances under the creative director of Frida Giannini. It comes out in May 2012 named Flora by Gucci Garden Collection. The collection includes five most important blossoms outlined on the legendary Gucci scarf designed by Vittorio Accornero for Princess Grace of Monaco. These five new editions are: Glorious Mandarin, Gracious Tuberose, Gorgeous Gardenia, Glamorous Magnolia and Generous Violet.

“It’s a sort of bouquet of scents,” said Giannini for wwd, “So Gorgeous Gardenia because I wanted to underline the gorgeously feminine side of this fragrance. Glorious Mandarin because there’s a sort of euphoria in mandarin, since it’s such a sparkly fruit.”

In the process of making these fragrances, it was very important to distinguish them from one another. The idea is that each fragrance should reflect a facet of the same woman. The fragrances come in elongated hexagonal shaped bottles with transparent rather than gold stoppers.

The face of the advertising campaign is Abbey Lee Kershaw, shot by Solve Sundsbø. The fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette, except mandarin and violet one that will be available exclusively at Gucci flag stores as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Pear Red Berries

Love Diane

Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

princetongirl
princetongirl

I tried it today an' I fell in love !sooooo yummy ..delicious !it's my new signature for summer

auroramaria
auroramaria

Out of all the Floras this is my favourite,it's a lovely and sweet floral fruity,very easy to wear.
I like the gardenia and frangipani which add richness to the composition on a nice base of patchouly and sugar.
It does get rather sweet which I love but it's not a groundbreaking scent in any way, just very pleasant.
Longevity is pretty good sillage is moderate.

Sannee77
Sannee77

This is a feminine and pretty scent, sheer and delicate. Fresh and floral notes, prominent gardenia and red berries, and also a whiff of frangipani once it's settled on the skin. Some aquatic notes as well I think. If you like Chanel Chance Eau Tendre or DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom, give this a try.

But for me, unfortunately I don't get any patchouli, which would have added a needed depth, and I feel it has a chemical plasticky undertone. I have a miniature, will give it away.

ladenu
ladenu

Though it smells fresh and floral, i find the price tag way too much for its longevity.

jessica.rios
jessica.rios

If femenine have a name this will perfect to describe it, it sweet, clean , classy, sexy, is powerfull , but no loud!! Is perfect for day or night, I dont like gardenia, and dosent smells like, is a perfect ladish in a bottle, just love it ,,, rOmantic , elegant, femenine,sexy, master piece!! goshhh too much!!

emtopaz
emtopaz

This is my first love in a perfume, can't remember ever loving a perfume before this (like your first boyfriend), and it has to be the first proper, grown up perfume I owned as well. I convinced myself I needed it as the number of times I would regularly go into Boots to spray it on myself before owning was actually rediculous haha.

In terms of the smell, it's fruity and contains another scent I cannot detect apart from the pear/apple (guessing it's the gardenia or patchouli as I have no idea what they smell like?). For an EDT, the lasting power is amazing. This lasts pretty much all day for me.

I'm still in love after having this for 1/2 years with the classy, clear hexagonal bottle and the feminime pink perfume liquid. The bow under the spray is cute too, but gets annoying as when you pull the lid off, it can take the bow off as well.

raunchy
raunchy

i had it once, was nice , but didnt last long on me

arenee92
arenee92

I could not believe how much I loved this when my sales associate had me smell it. I had the original Flora years ago, and gardenia in the name made me think that this would be very overpowering. I was delightfully surprised! A beautiful fruity floral, I don't smell any gardenia in this. It's smooth and sweet, feminine. I does remind me of VLJ, and Noir Tease, both of which I've had, but I feel that it's different enough to warrant having both, or all three. Gorgeous Gardenia is much more grown up and sophisticated.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

I like it but fades in 1 hour. So disappointed in quality. It actually reminds me a lot of Sugar Lychee for some reason. I did not put them side by side just yet but I will. Other than that the smell is beautiful.

FeFe2009
FeFe2009

This is a wonderful fragrance, but fades quickly. Does not smell anything like Viva La Juicy.

julieekerr
julieekerr

This is such a pretty light scent. Perfect for summer. In the past perfumes have turn on me, smelling peppery or soapy but tested this one and is just lovely. Husband loves it. now both my 29 and 16 year old daughters wear it too. It is a delight.

Cielo163
Cielo163

Not a gardenia fragrance, but still a good one. GG is the first perfume I loved and purchased, and to put it frankly, I got bored after a few times wearing this, so fruity, so sweet and girly, like flowers soaked in sugar, still like it but not me at all; so I just put it in the corner and forget about it.
When I came home one day, bringing a few paper tester for my mum and asked if she liked those. To my surprise, she asked me why I didn't wear GG anymore? It smells so good on me and it's the scent that she loved most.
So that's why I come back to gorgeous gardenia. And fell in love with it again. So subtle, so fresh and lovely. Gorgeous Gardenia is a young quiet pretty girl, not loud or stand out from the rest, but still a lovely friend that you can count on.
This is the one that I will always reach out when I don't know what to wear. GG would never be my signature scent, but always be a must-have in my perfume collection.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

all i get is sweet cherry pear. no floral. i think this is definitely an under 25 yr old fragrance. i imagine a young girl 18 wearing this with jeans. casual. i honestly think its a little trashy. i think its all the cherry on me. maybe if the cherry showed up less on me it wouldnt remind me so much of young girl trying to get laid. i bet my husband would like this fragrance. i think more business casual. or if you are in sales or an account manager. i think on the right girl it could be pleasant its just a little too young and cherry on me.

novembertea
novembertea

After a few minutes it smells like the more sophisticated older sister of Viva la Juicy. The scents are very similar. Long lasting.

Gardenia? Not at all.

mgirl1090
mgirl1090

The moment I smelled this perfume It reminded me how much it smelled like more expensive and elegant version of Paris Hilton's Passport Paris. This perfume is delicious, both sweet, floral and fresh. It's an awesome combo and I can't wait to purchase it soon.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Smell very badly. Like sugary benzoin or something, very synthetic. Very dissapointed.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

This is my favorite of the Flora collection and like the others, this is definitely an abstract floral. I can smell the gardenia in this, but the sweetness from the sugar and the fruit turns up the sweetness of the gardenia while completely toning down the indolic, jasmine-like quality gardenias can have. The result: sweet gorgeous gardenia.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I completely agree the opening of this smells ALOT like Viva La Juicy without the caramel dry down. Viva La Juicy has a strong caramel dry down which, in my opinion, makes it perfect for year round wear... BUT this fragrance has the sweet dry down of gardenias and sugar which makes it perfect for spring and summer wear. It is definitely more "sophisticated" than Juicy... This fragrance also has the stronger floral fragrance which triggers headaches for me. For this reason I will stick with Juicy because the sweet caramels water down the florals making it more bare able for my head. However, I do love both of these! Just wish I didnt get the headaches!

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

This is a grown up version of Viva La Juicy, if you feel silly wearing that one. Bottle looks more grown up for us over fifties. But they are both lovely. Usually Patchouli turns me off, it must be very subtle here, I wouldn't have suspected it as a note. Can't go wrong with this, good and safe for the office.

taylors91

I've just noticed there's patchouli listed as a note. Surprised to say the least as I do not detect this note at all.I am not a patchouli girl...never been never will be. When I think of patchouli I think of TM's Angel, that's honestly vombomb inducing. So happy with this scent beautiful, classy and sexy xx

Lill Kaja
Lill Kaja

At first I could only smell a very sweet, almost intoxicating Gardenia on my skin. Then the red berries, pear and a more honeylike sweetness came through. Not much of a drydown on me, the sugary gardenia stays until its all gone. Can't say I can smell the aquatic note anywhere. Wich for me is a good thing;)

Longevity is poor (on my scent-eating skin) and so is the sillage. But this one gets compliments from others :)

sisanirg
sisanirg

I absolutely agree that it's very similar to Viva La Juicy. Very warm and sweet. The difference is it's more floral and lovely and it lasts longer on my skin.
I loved this the most in the Garden collection.

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

i do agree. it is a light hearted and longer lasting VLJ to me. i don't own either but have sampled both and i kinda like this better. it comes off as a fun loving and happy. i like the very crisp pear note in the beginning it eventually gave way to a sweet gardenia note.. very pleasant and reminds me of a young woman during spring who is free and happy without a care in the world.

longevity 8
projection 7
sillage 8

overall this is a pretty and vibrant perfume.

thumbs up good stuff!

Eirlys
Eirlys

On me this smells almost exactly like Viva La Juicy, but VLJ has sweeter notes (because of the caramel I think?) and this one is a bit more floral. However, the longevity of Gorgeous Gardenia is horrible. After 1 hour, I couldn't smell anything. Although this is an EDT, I don't think this is a good representative of a typical Gucci perfume. I have the Guilty EDT and it lasts a lot longer. The smell is nice and pleasant but I had to return it because of the similarity and the disappointing longevity.

anne.giraut
anne.giraut

As for Glamorous Magnolia, I'm disappointed that this perfumes ends on a heavy sugary base. And has nothing to do with its name. The base notes ruin it for me. Will have a try with Gracious Tuberose, although keep reading it has very poor lasting power :/

It starts very pleasantly, with sweet notes, suitable for a sweet girl. However, after some time, on my skin it develops into very subtle, ladylike scent, perfect for a young lady. Moreover, base note is really magic, delicate sugary patchouli. I will definitely add this fragrance into my 'want list':)

Update: I've tested it again today and I am deeply impressed. What a charming scent! I am in love with it.

Update2: I've tested it once more to check if it is not too sweet in high temperatures. Happily, it is not! However, patchouli can be really intoxicating in warm environment, so it is important not to over-spray in hot summer.

Update3: final test in mid summer: it smells like a blooming garden! Awesome.

Update4: I've bought it and I have to say that it smells good either in high or low temperature. It is suitable for all seasons. Rare feature.

Clws

Unfortunately on my skin it is very linear. All I get is extremely sweet gardenia. I was hoping in the dry down I would get some of the patchouli, but not on me. Still, you can smell the expensive, if that makes any sense.

Clws

well this folks is utterly gorgeous. i am not a big gardenia fan and the gardenia stays in the background of this lovely and long lasting fruity floral. just a beautiful and uplifting fragrance that has made it's way into my top 5. thank you L for this lovely gift.

I find it very girly. It's sweet, fruity floral and youthful. There is a similarity to Viva la Juicy but this one is much better.
The thing I don't like about this perfume is that just like Viva la Juicy it reminds me of Fa pink paradise deodorant.

taylors91

If this scent was a lady she'd be: elegant,composed, always polite never rude,stylish and sophisticated, and is the epitome of a sweetheart. The kind of lady everyone loves and wants to be, She has that classic beauty e.g Kate Middleton, Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn.

So the hunt began. In Debenhams I find this little beauty, 10-15% off its original price of approx £75,(approx $120-$125) paid like £65 (approx $106) for a 100ml bottle, (3.4 ounce); I was sold could not resist. It has a subtle sweetness I've never come across like it before, maybe because I'm used to a sweetness of Britney Spears Fantasy range. Subtle sexy classy, feminine, just what I wanted and needed for stage I'm at in my life. I've never gotten so many compliments wearing a perfume as I have with GGG. It is sweet, but it is a grown up subtle sexy sweetness, not cloying at all. Very versatile scent, easily could be worn: to work, to class, cosy night in, on a night out or on a romantic date. It is a 'close to skin scent', but that is what makes it sexy, because it isn't so evident and out there like a lot of scents out on market.

out of 10, (for favourites): easily a 15-20, I love it , it's my new signature scent.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

I hate this perfume - it's very sweet(almost syrupy), synthetic and patchouli-ed!

I want to get rid of it - I have a 100 ml bottle (95 ml full) - sprayed twice - anyone keen, please msg - I'd be happy to sell it for really cheap =)

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

This perfume will always be special to me because it's what I wore on my wedding day. I had the hardest time finding for a decent price. I ended up buying off ebay, and I'm so glad I did!

If you love Gardenia as much as I do, you'll LOVE this perfume. I actually did a comparison at Macy's yesterday...I smelled this perfume (I keep a sample vial in my purse) and then smelled Ralph Lauren Blue. You can smell the fruit in the Gucci perfume. It's a good gardenia scent that's not too old lady-ish and over powering.

Very classy. This lasted all day, but was never overpowering. And I still get lots of compliments when I wear it. My hubby LOVES this one.

fiouu
fiouu

If Juicy Couture made this, I would get it...
But this is Gucci we're talking about, and it has WORSE quality than VLJ.
Check this out, I used to have this, then I got VLJ, I got so freaking angry for having paid a buttload of money for this mediocre perfume that I gave it to one of my friends that also liked VLJ (we live in Argentina, that means: no Juicy Couture and really high prices for every luxury good).
again, this is Gucci, at least longevity should be better! You did well with Flora! Come on Gucci, stop making this overpriced crap and go back to the basics.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

Everyone compares this to Viva La Juicy, but as I was putting it on today I actually found it to be reminiscent of Angel! Now that I see patchouli is a note, I figure that must be what it is. Funny I didn't notice it as much the first time I wore it, but I feel like this is the love child of Angel and Viva La Juicy :)

dolceinspirazione
dolceinspirazione

I like it. It's a little too generic. You can buy a VS or Avon scent that's cheap and smells the same.

jachang
jachang

I have never found a Gucci fragrance that I like, but I had to give this one a sniff in the store because I love gardenia. The tester was missing, but the sales clerk said she would get it. She ran over to another counter and sprayed some on a card and handed it to me. I sniffed and said, "I think you picked up the wrong bottle. This isn't gardenia. It smells like cotton candy." Well, I looked at the bottle, and yep, it was the Gucci Gardenia, all right, but where is the gardenia? I sprayed it on my wrists and back of my hands, thinking that by the time I got home maybe the scent of gardenia would "develop." Somewhere, wa-a-a-ay in the background I can smell a tiny hint of gardenia, but that's it. Sorry, Gucci. Not for me.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Gorgeous Gardenia? I don't get it. On my skin this was predominantly brown sugar to begin with, similar to Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe. Pear really comes through after about 15 mins and the longevity is good. This turns out to be quite a creamy fragrance. I can't say I don't like it but it's not the wow-factor gardenia rush I was expecting.

lali29bee
lali29bee

I was at Sephora with JC Couture LaLa in my hand ready to buy, but something told me not to. I confessed to the SA that I didn't love it, and she said "don't buy it". She brought me over to this fragrance because it's along the same lines as VLJ which is one of my all time favorites. I liked it right away and bought it on the spot (something I NEVER do). And then I returned it a few days later in exchange for a makeup product I hardly use. I'm kicking myself at this very moment.

Since *gardenia* is in the title you'd think this would smell almost entirely of gardenia. I was pretty shocked when I smelled so much fruit. There is a subtle sweetness to it, not sickly in any manner. I'm also shocked that most people think this is more of a daytime scent. I don't know what it is but I feel as though people think perfumes have to be strong/heavy/spicy/sexified to be considered a nighttime scent. For me this is a fruity/floral smell that could totally work at night. In fact, I would prefer to wear it at night versus the day. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree. It's just my opinion. Very nice scent regardless.

Also I hate patchouli but don't smell it AT ALL. Well played, Gucci.

Debshee
Debshee

Doesn't last that long on my skin but lasts all day on clothes. It's strong enough that I catch whiffs of it through out the day, but no one hacks or seems annoyed like they do with some fragrances (e.g., Omnia crystalline). I didn't really like it at first but it has grown on me. Certainly something I'll wear when I want to switch from my signature Omnia Coral.

cobralily
cobralily

This one lives up to the "gorgeous" portion of it's nomenclature. The floral and the sweetness are exquisitely and seamlessly balanced, while maintaining an uplifting freshness. The patchouli grounds it just enough. For me the scent is harmonious and gorgeous- feminine, soft and lovely. I wish it lasted longer.

Claudia Marin
Claudia Marin

Flora Gardenia is a very delicate fragrance but extremely feminine. The fruity notes, the berries more than pear, are present in the beginning but then the flowers are revealed, Frangipani is the one I detect in the creamy smell of the mid and base notes. It's a perfume suitable for spring/autumn, for a young woman who doesn't want to draw attention with her perfume when she enters a room. The notes are perceptive when someone gets closer to you as the beautiful flowery-creamy notes are close to the skin. The longevity is rather good for a delicate fragrance like this, 4-5 hours depending on the skin. I highly recommend this to someone who prefers discreet fragrances!

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

Beautiful and lovely but not special.

rhtnrthnyut
rhtnrthnyut

This smells terribly one dimensional when it comes to the synthetic floral notes. Something really sharp and plastic that cuts at the back of your throat. However it dries down to more lovely sweet, powdery scent.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

One of my coworkers wears this every day, and I've noticed that its sillage is quite powerful. We work in a restaurant with a lot of competing smells, so that is no small feat. However, that's the only thing that's impressed me about this fragrance. It's very sweet and smells nothing like gardenia.

Boudoir
Boudoir

Smells just like Nicki Minaj's fragrance. Nothing special.

Ascarlett
Ascarlett

Doesn't smell bad... It is a very smooth, sweet smell. Mostly floral vanilla. Not a bouquet of flowers, maybe one flower, Gardenia and Vanilla, and that is about it. I am not sure exactly if it is Gardenia I am smelling, it is a sweet linear floral smell, nothing exotic or interesting. It is a smooth, sweet boring scent. I like a little something more in my perfume. It smells similar to some of the bath and body work body sprays my 13 year old daughter has. I will probably give this to my daughter. She will really like it.

Having tried to no avail to scrub "Glamorous Magnolia" from my skin, I appear to be trapped in this sticky P&G base until my bath this evening, so I may as well avail myself of the "propitious" opportunity to review the other two samples of Gucci FLORA flankers in my possession. Next up: GORGEOUS GARDENIA.

I suppose that it was predictable that this flanker, like GLAMOROUS MAGNOLIA would smell nothing like the named flower, in this case gardenia, and it does not. To my nose, GORGEOUS GARDENIA smells like a fairly common yellowish abstract floriental with a slightly creamy texture and no discernible flowers but a vague "florality". This one strikes me as marginally better than the "magnolia" entry (faint praise...), but no one who is looking for gardenia will find it here.

GORGEOUS GARDENIA is sweet, sticky, abstract, and more advertising and packaging hype than anything else. Reading some of the glowing reviews of this launch, it appears that we have reached a true Tower of Babel period in the history of perfumery. I have no idea how anyone could gush over this juice.

fizzer
fizzer

Smells identical to viva la juicy la fleur except maybe one ingredient. Definitely a tad more mature than viva but still very sweet. Longevity is great for a edt also but something about it doesn't sit well with me, perhaps that it is so unoriginal? Or that i smell like juicy couture? Or that its just sweet smelling and uninteresting otherwise? Debating between this and marc jacobs daisy eau so fresh sunshine for this spring/summer. This one has much better lasting power...dilemma :/

papergurl
papergurl

This is not gardenia by any shape, scent or petal. It is a sugar cube with frangipani and wrapped in powder. Very feminine, comforting and way sweet. I love pear notes and I don't smell them here. This is like Paris Hilton's Passport Paris, or Loverdose or B & B's Secret Wonderland, or even a little of Jill Sander's pastel yellow (thought that is nicer, I think). I did spray Viva La Juicy on one wrist and this on the other. I don't get the comparison and even though Viva La Juicy is nice, it isn't my thing. This gardenia is just too sweet, almost made my jaw ache when I first sniffed. I like the tuberose and magnolia ones for Spring. I have the mandarin and reviewed that. None of them are as their notes suggest, they are like "Gucci light", a flower impression or projection. They are pretty and expensive and kind of remind me of the D & G Tarot collection (I waited until they came down in price)...lots of options, not much substance, kind of pretty, not much sillage or longevity (2 hours max) and overpriced. I really was excited about these, oh well...onward!

liiva
liiva

Sweet, so good sweet and soft! Very feminine and perfect, beautiful scent for summer.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

I have a sample that I got from a Macys' online order. Flora was one of the vial samples they sent me. I think it's beautiful and sexy but gardenia?? Don't smell it.

prettyswag

I'm loving this scent even more on my skin....had to let it set in... Very lovely!

Chryseis
Chryseis

My mother gave me this perfume when she was back from a trip abroad. She said that she wasn't pleased with the scent, so she gave it to me for a test, thinking that it may suits me more. In fact, I think this perfume is sweet and lovely. I could smell the gardenia, though it's only very strong at the first, before it blends with berries and other sweet scents (which overpowered the gardenia a bit, but still, I love it). It became one of my favorite perfume in no time!

Orshi
Orshi

I must be smelling a different perfume than the rest of the people here. This smells like heaven to me! :) Kind of a sugary vanilla berry that's good in any season, day or night. I love it!

chirobi
chirobi

A crowd pleasing, fruity, sweet, slightly floral concoction. Like others before have mentioned, the name is misleading because there is no gardenia that I can detect, not even a hint. I don't dislike it, but I would never invest in a bottle. To me it's smells so generic; I think I would get tired of it after a few uses.

prettyswag

This smells like chanel coco madem. But just a touch sweeter....not too much i like,on my skin....its,ok....im not agreeing too much.wit the viva la juicy to compare...total diffrent scent....this does not have carmel.

bfrosty
bfrosty

As many others have said this smells nearly identical to Viva La Juicy, just a bit more airy, perhaps because it lacks the caramel note. It's really lovely for a gourmand and tempted me but gracious tuberose is still my pick of the bunch!

Thandar
Thandar

The exact copy of Viva la Juicy!

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Absolutely awful. Starts promising, fresh, floral and fruity, but it dries to a super stinky, manly BO scent. It's also strong and nearly impossible to wash off. I'm just grateful no one at my job wears this.

ElleLovelace
ElleLovelace

I really liked this scent at first glance. I thought it smelled very tropical, pineapple, kind of like a piña-colada more than a gardenia. It's a very sweet fragrance, it works well for mornings and afternoons, but the sillage on me is practically invisible, after less than an hour it's all but gone. The bottom notes tend to fade quite quickly as well, so in the end I don't smell like anything after 2 hours. I'm thinking of trading it.

Monikakaka

Delicious, fruity pear & sweet floral "gorgeous Gardenia" scented Gucci fragrance with base note of patchouli (cocoa facet) but not too over-powering. Wonderful option for younger women in spring/ summer. Silage & longevity is moderate, what you'd expect in fresh sweeter spring fragrances releases. Absolutely yes for me!

jdolani
jdolani

This perfume is amazing on me.The gardenia is not the typical that I have smelled in many which is a syrupy plastic gardenia scent.The fruit accord accompanies the floral notes in a perfect balance.It is as named, gorgeous.

beccamm
beccamm

I really don't like the initial spray - to me it smells of pineapple which is very odd as this isn't in the notes but I hate pineapple!!

It was not what I was expecting from the name of the perfume and I don't smell any of the Gardenia in this at all.

To me the dry down smells very similar to D&G The One. Its very long lasting.

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I'm in love with this scent.. To be honest, I don't smell gardenia at all.. :p ..However it's so amazing.. It's very feminine to me, a soft spring floral scent.. Fruits notes are predominant, but I can smell frangipani flowers too.. It's sweet but not too much, very feminine.. Sillage and longevity are really good on me.. :)

magda14012
magda14012

This is a really lovely scent. Not so much of a gardenia though as the fruity notes dominate. It is juicy, refreshing, enjoyable with a good staying power. However if you are a gardenia lover I highly recommend try Marc Jacobs instead.

guillermostf
guillermostf

thanks for your review, i was close to buy one 4 a gift without sniffing. Now, i'll think about it. the bottle and liquid looks so nice instead.

mariasara
mariasara

fruity fruity...
the fruity notes completely overpower the gardenia. It´s quite diferent from what I expected...I don´t think it should be called Gardenia

There might not be lots of gardenia in it, but it still is a very pretty floral scent, on a sweet base. I think this is better than Viva la Juicy which gets sickly sweet in a synthetic way.Georgeous Gardenia is adorable, sweet with a hint of florals, it smells simply wonderful. Nothing wrong with it at all, it is a bit like Hanae Mori no 1 and 4, although those are more berry sweet.
I like it. Longevity is ok. I agree the Flora line is overrated in a way, but i found one at a good price and I am pleased.

zellpang
zellpang

Neighther like or dislike. The pear note smells quite sweet/sugary for me. The profile is quite linear and the floral accord reminds me of the original flora by Gucci. Overall, it is a nice fragrance but I don't find it particularly intriging.

Shoshi
Shoshi

Too heavy on the patchouli for me. Thumbs down.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Smells very inexpensive, soulless, nauseating.

Now I know that mixing pear note with gardenia note results in the blandest nauseating magnolia-like shampooi puddle.
Sorry, gardenia, this perfume was a real abuse.

angelic4296
angelic4296

A bit disappointed by this one (the Glamorous Magnolia I'm actually disgusted by, such a generic smelling floral). Anywho, I do get a SOFT gardenia in this one, but darn it, it still retains that same "typical floral" quality for me, especially in the opening. I like it more as it settles down. I was SO excited for this line, and I do adore the Tuberose version, but this and the Magnolia...eh. This is NOT the perfume for serious gardenia lovers (like me)...that's why I was so disappointed - because Gucci almost always gets it right, and the one floral I NEEDED them to really do correctly...they didn't.

My advice? Try the Gracious Tuberose if you're a white floral girl...that one is true to it's name.

Monikakaka

A very subtle fruity smell (not too sweet or strong) which is very suited for spring or summer time. Doesn't last long. I like it the most from all other Flora by Gucci perfumes.

Top notes: red berries, pear
Heart notes: white gardenia, frangipani flower
Base notes: patchouli, brown sugar accord

dianasihy
dianasihy

My fav after Tuberose & Magnolia.

Elouelou
Elouelou

I brought this for a friend as a gift. It is such a lovely fragrance for the summer. The first time I smelt it I could smell mainly the gardenias but now I can smell the pears and frangipanis quite strongly. I think the white floral notes came across stronger than the fruitier notes which was a positive.

aud88
aud88

I just tried the Flora Gardenia scent from a sample that I got at Sephora. I had to add my review because it differs from the majority here. I find the scent to be sweet, but not too sweet, it has the pear note, but pear is a cool fruit in the way that it isn't citrusy or sugary smelling. I found it too have a lovely waft that stayed close to me and did not seem to wander all over the room. The sweetness has a light powdery veil that keeps it from oozing, but the sweetness keeps the powder from smelling old. It smells young, but not too young. Anyone could wear this lovely fragrance. It never got cloying at all.
Now to the comparison, I certainly liked this right away the way I liked Viva La Juicy, but they are totally different on my skin. Viva was very cloying on me and got sicky sweet and overly aromatic. I wanted to wash it off after 15 minutes. Flora Gardenia stays soft and pretty all the way through. It is slightly stronger at first spray, but tones down within minutes and remains very soft and feminine.
I also disagree with the many comments about not smelling Gardenia. About 2 hours into the fragrance, I begain to pick up a noticeable Gardenia smell. I compared to the Kai sample that I have which is strictly Gardenia and it is definitely what I am picking up here. The difference, is that it is well blended with Fragapani and Patchouli and it is an element without being overly so. I prefer it this way, very lovely. The Kai is much to sharp on me with overpowering Gardenia on me. I noticed the Gardenia in the air, not as I smelled my skin, so it was really beautiful mixed this way.
My only gripe is that after about 4 hours the smell left as sweetly as it came and I wish for the $70 price tag that you got the big bottle and not the small one. Still loving it though!

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

This is so intoxicating and luxurious I only wish I had the budget to get this and I have so many perfume as well hence why I'm here.
Its not a too strong potent Gardenia it beautiful soft elegent gardenia with pear that makes it not too sweet and sugary. It absolutly gorgours soft floral with added fresh fruitness.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Really? Is this how gardenia smells?

All I could smell was rancid butter - or as my husband said - oil.

eunicek
eunicek

I bought this fragrance when I first walked into a store and they had them new on shelf for one day. They didn't even have the tester for it yet! But I bought it anyways because I had faith in Gucci after the original flora. Turns out it was really sweet and girly, but not as distinct and special as I hoped it would be.

bum_deng
bum_deng

smell like Escada-moon and Juicy

Denoula
Denoula

I might have liked this more if it went by a different name. Gardenias are powerfully fragrant and quite characteristic, so I expected this perfume to be like that. I was disappointed. It is pleasant enough but does not have the drama of gardenias and is thin and pale in comparison.

cathxinjin
cathxinjin

I brought the 50ml Flora Tuberose and they gave me 2 Gardenian 5ml sample size 50ml lotion as gifts from David John. I didn't like it at first and found it too sweet. But after my mum accidentally spilled half of the 5ml ( T.T) on my bed, i learned to appreciate this delicate,subtle scent. It is not just sweet,it has more to it.I applied the body lotion last nigh.After good 10 hours, i can still smell the brown sugar scent in the gorgeous way. I can stop sniffing myself.

This scent is not for someone who is strong and bold and want to make a statement. It is for young princesses & sweethearts who want to be spoiled by their men. (Who don't want to spoil them if they smell like that?) Ideal for sweeties from 18-30.

Gardenian is definitely more girly than Tuberose. I start to like it more than the Tuberose.

Hey Letitias,

they are both so yummy! I have been tempted to buy this as well so many times - but I'm sticking with Tuberose. Either way you'll smell delicious!

Letitias
Letitias

Dear Cams, I have the same dillemma and I don't know which one to pick !

My favorite!

Saster01

My new favorite fragrance. There is nothing out there that is so perfect. The soft sweet spring floral, is not only beautiful but perfect for a hot summer day. It is the one fragrance I can't stop spraying.

m4
m4

I love it. Simply gorgeous. Warm, sweet, sexy long lasting. What else do we need? I smell something velvety in it, so beautiful. Great for spring/fall.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

How not love this frag from the very beggining, when testing it.
Yes it is really similar to Viva la Juicy (wich I love) , but I find Gucci a little fresher somehow.

Love them both GG for the day, JC for the evening.
Layering between these two is even grater, Try it.

The only con is that it has a soft patchouli base, given the fact that this note develops dusty on me.

Eventhough patchouli is so well-balanced in this frag,that I barely notice it.

Very Lovely,feminine an certainly sexy scent.

Athens
Athens

I loved this perfume from the first time I sprayed it on my wrist! It's soo sweet but in a soft way, not too 'heavy', that makes it one of my favorites this season. The bottle is also adorable, so elegant and chic. On my skin I mostly detect the red berries and a rather strong sense of vanilla, although I can't see it in the ingredients above. Also,I can't detect any pear notes but who cares, it's anyway a lovely perfume and I feel so special when I wear it!

onlineallday
onlineallday

Sweet like a hard candy surrounded by strong but elegant fragrant flowers. Gorgeous Gardenia is really gorgeous. Strong but yet soft. Easily to fall in love at first sniff. My favorite from this collection.

deliten
deliten

Truly wonderful scent! so fresh and sweet yet elegant

irin_ka
irin_ka

Seriously? Gardenia?
Should have called it "Pineapple lolly"

andreeva
andreeva

I love it. Just can't get enough of it. It makes me feel happy, sexy and unforgettable. Good job, Gucci!

Pouline
Pouline

fave!

dkny27
dkny27

Gorgeous, sweet but in a provocative, alluring way. The way a grown independent woman wearing a sweet floral should smell. I imagine a man be so enamoured with this, that he he would follow the lady only to identify what she is wearing.... Florally sweet with the tiniest hint of spice, very tiny, which separates this fragrance from all other sweet florals I have sampled lately..... Spot on Gucci!!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Beautiful, fresh and sweet. Like apple pie and rose tea!

So wonderful! So fresh

Kdc31210
Kdc31210

I just bought this at Nordstom and I LOVE it-I am very partial to white florals, but not fruity scents. However, I'm pleasantly surprised that the main notes are fruity. To me this is a very fun yet sophisticated fragrance and I plan on wearing this everyday.

nattychins
nattychins

This one is juicy and sweet more than Viva la juicy

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Except for this opening, it smells exactly like Viva La Jiucy to my nose. Quite sweet, not very "green" as you would excepct a gardenia smeel to be.

chudodejkin
chudodejkin

I feel a wonderful fragrance of juicy and rape mango! Don't know why but I really do! And I like it so much. So.... Got it today. ;))) 'cause it makes me feel like beeing in vacation in Dominican Republic,it fells like having summer all the year! =)That's what I need! ))

FairyDaisy120
FairyDaisy120

My husband brought the free sample of this fragrance for me. Omg smells so lovely, it fits perfect for me smells young, mature, classy, and very femineme. I can't stop smelling it. This perfume is VERY EXPENSIVE, but it will be worth it someday :) I don't see the resemblence of Viva La Juicy to me :/ Viva La Juicy smells soo sweet and High School-Ish >.< I perfer this fragrance.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

I smell lots of candylike pear and a hint of white flowers. I fell for this one right away - it's by far my favourite perfume at the moment.

Sweet, light, pink and uplifting, Gorgeous Gardenia falls into the same cathegory as Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, but it lacks the slightly cold sourness that I smell in Eau Tendre.

Gorgeous Gardenia also has no hints whatsoever of laundry detergent, which I feel like every other summer perfume has right now. The scent might be a bit one-dimensional - a sweet, floral pear, that's it - but I absolutely love it.

(And yes, it is a bit similar to Viva la Juicy, but it doesn't have those unpleasant tomato leaf tones in the drydown.)

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

The shampoo EDT are all in this summer. This one makes no exception. The actual residual smell of shampoo or other washing products in your hair or on your skin might be the thing that makes others identify a certain scent as "you", so smelling like shampoo is not a bad thing at all. But when it comes to paying a lot for a new perfume and get the shampoo result, I'd think twice before spending on a new flanker.
Gorgeous Gardenia is sweet sugary and fruity and I had a hard time sensing any floral notes. It is indeed a pleasant EDT but quite expensive for what it is. As much as I find tuberose hard to stand, I find exactly the Tuberose from this series the most defined, pleasant and long lasting.
The pckaging is really gorgeous, so any of these new Flora's would make a great present.

riri92000
riri92000

I am completely and madly head over heels with this fragrance! I haven't bought this yet so maybe I should refrain from writing a review but I have sprayed it on in quite generous amounts on several occasions and the result after each time is me sniffing my wrists like a madwoman until it fades.

I'm really bad at describing scents and to be honest I don't even know what most of the notes are supposed to smell like. But I can tell you the scents I can't smell. First of all the pear is really non-existant to my nose, and luckily so since I deteste everything pear especially the synthetic kind you find in fragrances. I also wouldn't describe this scent as sugary, sweet yes but my mind doesn't go to sugar, more like fruit.

The floral part is beautifully done and very light. It brings my mind to white flowers maybe light pinkish ones which I adore because it gives the scent a very feminine touch without becoming old and headache inducing which most florals do.

The overall impression is quite sweet, fruity and summery yet not overly so like say the Escada summer perfumes. It's sweet and succulent and also refreshing more like a summer garden full of ripe fruits and flowers during nightfall when the air begins to cool then a tropical beach under a soaring sun. It's just the perfect fragrance and even some of my male friends that hate almost all perfumes really like this!

This review actually prompted me to order it even with the steep price and I can't wait for my new Holy Grail perfume to arrive!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I pick up on the pear and brown sugar way more than the gardenia. This is definitely a fruity/sweet scent more than a floral. It reminds me a LITTLE of those body splash things you can buy at Walgreens, so I'm not sure I'll shell out the big bucks for this one, although the scent is nice.

Finally, on dry down, there is more of a gardenia scent, and just the SLIGHTEST hint of patchouli. Still smells pretty sweet, though.

PS-I just realized this smells a LOT like Apparition Pink by Ungaro! So, if you wanna save like $80, just buy that one at Ross or TJ Maxx!

dame piglet
dame piglet

WOW! Don't let the word "gardenia" make you think "white floral" because this is as tame as full-fledged gardenia fragrances are bright.
This is a softly sweet, well-blended, floral mix that starts with a pop of fruit. This is a "maybe" on my wedding perfume list.
Very nice, pretty and inoffensive. At $100/bottle, it's a bit over-priced though.

hannahighheels
hannahighheels

Gorgeous Gardenia makes me feel very gorgeous with its flowery sweety smeel..i do love the scents so much !

smellME
smellME

I tried this from the new trio this afternoon. It was funny to see that more noses than mine picked up on viva la juicy, cause I was surprised to get that smell from , what I thought would be a gardenia fragrance, with vibrant flowers dominating. Here its the sugar making it end like a caramel and syrupy kind of smell, like it but why dont grab juicy Couture...?
I liked the magnolia one best

cottoncandice
cottoncandice

This one is very Gucci, bold, spicy and probably not for the faint of heart.

I could detect neither gardenia nor frangipani but loads of mixed pink flowers such as roses or maybe some sweet berries. It gets stronger and stronger on my skin as the temporature soars, after a while all I could get is patchouli...after patchouli...and even more patchouli, alright maybe a pintch of melted sugar is there quietly swirling underneath.

It might do well in colder weather, not really that great for the warmer days, it's just kind of turning into a spicy mess on me... Sorry Gucci, I realy did want to like it for the lovely bottle and concept.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I also smell something like Viva La Juicy. I sprayed this on one arm and the magnolia on the other. These are very light in strength, and I assume they all are. The gardenia smelled the best with my chemistry, and the magnolia just sat on my skin sort of dull. They would be nice during the summer when you still want a nice fresh floral that won't overwhelm in the heat. The only thing is, the violet is almost impossible to find! It's the only one I have not tested.

Annica
Annica

At first it is similar to Viva la Juicy. The latter is too sweet on my skin but this one is much much more wearable for me thanks to the patchouli I guess. Less sweet, less gourmandy. When it has settled down on the skin there is something that reminds me of Intense. Very beautiful and classy. On my wantlist for sure.

fzzubair
fzzubair

DELICIOUS! a perfect summer fragrance.

Devrinna
Devrinna

Creamy, soft and calm. On my skin it is similar to Cacharel's Noa. It doesn't have to much personality, but it is a nice and clean scent, inoffensive and very wearable.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I smelled this 2nite @ Macys n wondered WHERE THE HELL IS THE GARDENIA??? Now I love a white floral and this is very easily wearable but it just didnt strike me the way I hoped :( The gardenia is very very faint in this one... I prefer Elizabeth Taylors Gardenia to this...

kylexora
kylexora

I got chance to try it today.i was excited before i try it...on the first smell,i smell lush white floral.not sweet,but lovely and feminine.it might remind you of few other gardenia,yes.drydown is lovely,but quite girly. The bottle will look nice on your table,definitely.but not for me,i'm not gardenia lover...worth try.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

this is not gardenia...blowing out at all...its a spicy floral...that was a bit boring...the name doesnt match the scent or the bottle color! lol

Out of the new Gucci Flora series, which all smell pretty, this was the most disappointing one. I don't detect any gardenia on my skin at all! I was really hoping for Gorgeous Gardenia to be the best one. It's nice, but it smells like a fruity gourmand with lots of berries and vanilla, the kind of thing that's been done too many times before. Nothing stands out as unique. It's fairly light, so a person like me would need to spray quite a bit on to feel satisfied. Definitely test before you buy because you might not get any gardenia either!

Update: Just read all the comparisons to Viva La Juicy, and I'd have to agree. Gorgeous Gardenia is a bit lighter though, better for Spring.

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

Viva La Juicy anyone?...just a more expensive version
The sweetest of the group, nice but not original.
I do prefer this bottle design over the juicy though, much more classic.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I love gardenia and I actually like Flora and its flankers, they were enjoyable. That was why I was excited to try this out.

First. Fruity juicy floral. Berries, sweetness... 1 in 1 with Escada limited edition summer fragrances.
Second. Generic fruity floral. A hint of Flora and musk there present, but still, I haven't seen gardenia there... where are you?

Overall. It is very pleasant fruity floral, but nothing beyond. It's very generic and not creative at all. Though, I'm pretty sure this is nice and very girly crowd pleaser and perfect office scent, it doesn't smell too cheap too..

I still prefer Flora edp as it is more cheerful spring scent, but I would actually wear this if I had, but I wouldn't buy it, you can find something very identical much cheaper and its quality would be same.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smelled this today at Macy's and this is a stronger Viva La Juicy. Juicy berries and some candy minus the caramelish smell that Viva has. I did enjoy it but I like Viva's bottle better : )

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Yes, absolutely true- this perfume is Viva La Juicy all over! The differences in my opinion lie with the caramel notes that viva has, GG has replaced with subtle sweet and flowery notes instead. Although a lovely, girly scent, I'm pretty sure I prefer viva, and a little upset I spent the money on this instead.

jonr951
jonr951

Why hello my old friend Viva La Juicy. Haha. It's very nice but it's Viva La Juicy. : )

Amarie121
Amarie121

This is a lovely Flora flanker. It is long-lasting with a great sillage. I wouldn't say that gardenia is prominent, though. It is a sugary-fruity confection but has a hint of floral notes which make it rise above the typical sugar scent. I like that it is a linear scent: what you smell is what you get. No woody or vanilla notes show up later, unannounced. I think this one will have people saying "you smell so good, what is that?". I know that when my teen smelled it she came in for another hug! A keeper.

melia
melia

Haven't got really into it, but yes, I will confirm another time that this one is very similar to Viva la Juicy. I think it will be very much loved by the young market (with quite a few penny's in their pockets). From what I smelled, it also lacks the synthetic-ness Viva la Juicy sometimes tends to have, which is a very good thing! Silage is better too.

Cams

I had to think long and hard when choosing between this and Gracious Tuberose. They were my final 2 and one was on one hand and one on the other - it was difficult but I eventually went with Tuberose. This one is pretty great too!

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

I feel this smells so similar to Viva la Juicy. I even got the Juicy Couture perfume girl to smell my hand to confirm and she agreed with me. It's a lighter, smoother smell to the juicy though.

antonpan
antonpan

It seems that with the Garden collection Gucci decided to make variations of the most popular womens fragrances on the market. Gorgeous Gardenia is a delicious and tasty fruity scent that is close to Amor Amor (a bit lighter thought) and to Calvin Klein Forbidden Euphoria. Of course, it is not about gardenia flower.

LuiLui
LuiLui

So exciting!

Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia by Gucci 3.88 out of 5 based on 638 ratings and 129 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.