Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Forever Now Gucci for women and men

Forever Now Gucci for women and men
dislike

leather
Forever Now Gucci for women and men Pictures Forever Now Gucci for women and men Pictures

Forever Now, an exclusive fragrance for men and women from the house of Gucci, is launched in January 2013 as a tribute to the museum Gucci Museo in Florence and as a reminder of the Florentine roots of this luxury brand. The scent, rich, intense and sophisticated, evokes the brand's history and its modernity. Guccio Gucci opened his first shop in Florence in 1921, and in 2011 the Gucci Museo was opened at Piazza della Signoria.

The brand’s creative director Frida Giannini and perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi worked together on the fragrance. Giannini said: „Just as the Gucci Museo represents the remarkable narrative behind our iconic products and motifs, so this new fragrance subtly conveys the elegance and sophistication of our roots."

The opening of the composition is inspired by green gardens of Tuscany and is made of bergamot, mandarin, lavender and black pepper notes. Gucci heritage is captured by smooth leather and floral heart, where the rare Florentine iris finds its place. There are also Moroccan and Bulgarian rose, jasmine from Grasse and exotic ylang-ylang. The base accords are vetiver, patchouli, precious woods, amber and musk.

Gucci Museo Forever Now is available as 100 ml Eau de Parfum at the price of 170 Euros.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Lavender Black Pepper Orange Blossom

Tuscan Iris Moroccan Rose Bulgarian Rose Jasmine Nutmeg Leather Suede Ylang-Ylang

Patchouli Vetiver Woody Notes Amber Musk

Theseus

Forever Now Fragrance Reviews

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

mmm poor long lasting
poor sillage
...
dont waste your money with this one; if you want a good Gucci buy envy.

halalula1234
halalula1234

Smells just like a generic perfume,
for it's price and exclusivity I was expecting something breathtaking!

but this was just "MEH MEH MEH!"

perfume243
perfume243

Esto juele como cuando tu entra a una bodega de un árabe

SneezeFreeze
SneezeFreeze

I thought Gucci Made to measure was the worst release of 2013 until i smelled this one. Only Gucci can beat itself.
Smells just like a bug spray. Save your money and spray baygon bug spray if you want to smell like this !!

Only the bottle and presentation are nice, along with the brand name - $200 for this is a RIP OFF !!

iMaverick
iMaverick

I can't believe my luck when I chanced finding a bottle of this and was able to bid and win the bottle for $71 plus shipping. JOY!

The opening is fresh, very woodsy, and aromatic. I barely can pick up the lavender. Powdery tones from the iris emerge, but since this is a Villoresi creation, the development is very calculated and restrained, but stays throughout. So goes for most of the scent--somber, subdued, and a bit dark.

Sweeter, warmer notes emerge with leathery vetiver-patchouli tones, but the sweeter notes barely registers as floral, more like a sweet amber. The drydown is a warm, musky leather with ever so slight resinous touches.

If this is a true Villoresi, the whole composition is probably without synthetics. Smells like it too. And sadly, the scent is diaphanous and fleeting. It wears very close to the skin throughout, and only lasted about 3 hours on me and had to build up several sprays to get decent sillage.

I don't know how this can hold up in cooler weather because here in this late August heat and humidity, I still have to put my nose to my wrist to know that it's there. Because it doesn't project much, it is definitely a personal scent, great for office cubicle wear.

To sum it up, I think it definitely symbolizes its roots, but not really the NOW of Gucci. Forever Now tips way more on the masculine side of the perfume composition. It also smells very familiar. I don't know whether to think it's because it smells like a Villoresi, or because the accord combinations are pretty standard for a leather scent. You be the judge.

And for those who say this smells like YSL Nu, or Infusion d'Iris, it is way off the mark. Forever Now is too dark, too dry to compare to those.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Opens very dark and almost somber in tone. I could have sworn I initially noted oud in the opening, but perhaps this is a blending of woods, black pepper and nutmeg. Fortunately things switch gears rather quickly, and progress to a more vivacious rendering. The Florentine iris is the star of this eau de parfum, and rightly so as Forever Now by Villoresi was commissioned to commemorate the opening of the first Gucci boutique in Florence in 1921. It's powdery presence is noted throughout the dry down. Rose of Bulgaria and Morocco along with ylang-ylang and jasmine create a floral heart, but again are a supporting cast to the iris. Suede, leather and amber give a smoothness and warmth. Complex, opulent and sensual are words I would associate with this modern chypre. (47)

talnyc
talnyc

I went into Gucci on 5th Ave. today, not for their fragrances, but for a bag. I saw the Flora by Gucci 1966 and I was drawn to that one...see my review on the EDP.

I then noticed this black bottle..again, I thought of Tom Ford..Why is Gucci trying to "copy" Tom Ford...Well, as they say imitation is the best for of flattery...

Well, as I was waiting for my bag to be wrapped, I tried on the Forever Now scent and WOW....It is so spicy and woodsy. I immediately thought of Tom Ford, but I could not match it to one of his fragrances exactly.

As it dried down, the orange citrus note came forward and made it so nice. It reminds me of Orange tea. Really warm, citrusy and woodsy.

Very nice. I bought the Flora by Gucci 1966 for $200.00 and a bag, so that was all I was going to spend for today. I will consider buying this scent in September.

I can see how this scent can lead more to a masculine scent, but it is unisex. If you are not into unisex woodsy fragrances, this will not be one for you.

I do love the orange that pops out at the end. What a nice treat.

Enjoy it.

Amal Tayssir
Amal Tayssir

This can only be found in Museo Gucci in Piazza della Signoria and their Flagship store (first Gucci store ever to open) and they are both in Firenze, about 5 minutes walk from each other.
I am a fragrance fanatic, especially niche fragrances. However, with all honesty I'm not as "mature" in distinguishing all notes as most people here, but this fragrance is definitely one of the most unique I have ever owned.

PS. I'm an Arab, we tend to love musk/wood/patchouli based fragrances.

Roge'
Roge'

At a quick glance, this looks like a Penhaligon bottle. As for the smell, this is very similar to Tom Ford's Ombre de Hyacinth except this has woods in the base and the floral notes aren't as strong. Not a lot of people know about this fragrance and for that reason, i wanted it for my collection. Forever failed to give me a reason to spend $200 dollars. I was hoping this would smell peerless and it failed. Im sure people will buy this because it's a Gucci niche offering and the bottle design is nice.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Gucci Forever Now is an elegant, sophisticated and mature scent for people who are charmed by the beauty of seduction. Fresh for a moment than a touch of spice leading to a wet wood sincere vetiver. A word to describe this 'alluring' with depth and memories of passion.

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

How can anyone dislike this? So much better than anything else released in the past few years...

Rebelyell
Rebelyell

I haven't bought a new Gucci fragrance for 'forever', so how apt one came along. I'm not even going to talk about the awfulness of celeb endorsed recent efforts, even the sales staff never liked them.

A great fragrance for warmth and savoury sexiness.

A lot of patchouli on impact, black pepper defiantly in the dry down, but in all, clean, (dark)green, non-animistic way. I still have an original Gucci Pour Homme and this has a similar enveloping earthiness (although no so intense/incense)

Gucci's original formula 1966 Flora fragrance is coming back soon, so I'm looking forward to that too.

DemonHead
DemonHead

This is a winner. I found the opening citrus/black pepper prominent, followed by hushed florals and nutmeg-sweet spices. A napped suede/leather note emerges and mingles with a dry iris accord... the somewhat diaphanous opening suddenly becomes thicker and more opaque. In warm weather, it turns *densely* powdery / soapy on skin - but in the most magnificent way. The spicy accords recede, leaving me with a crisp, mildly floral, slightly woody lather. Arguably the best Gucci offering since Tom Ford was at the helm.

onebadbaby

This is just an update. I love the sound of this, so in failing to find anyone who has smelled it, I contacted Gucci for information. They were unable to send me a sample, they couldn't tell me anywhere I could get a sample, and they couldn't tell me which UK stores stock it! Their only advice was to go on their website to find all the store telephone number and ring each store directly. They are the most unhelpful company I have had the pleasure of dealing with, so I just don't think I will bother with it.

onebadbaby

I am hoping this is similar to the original Gucci eau d'parfum which is dis-continued. The notes seem similar. Somebody must have tried by now!

sameh
sameh

The bottle looks elegant as well as the notes , defiantly wanna try it out !

Sultan
Sultan

I hope this one will not smell like a Lenor fabric conditioner. Sounds very promising.

bammo_kun
bammo_kun

The bottle looks classy and interesting notes too...

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

Lorenzo Villoresi? This sounds sooo promising. I doubt it will have broad distribution though

Forever Now by Gucci 3.30 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Forever Now fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Forever Now, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Forever Now by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Forever Now by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.