Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Gucci Eau de Parfum Gucci for women
dislike

I have it: 716 I had it: 367 I want it: 285 My signature: 19

smoky
Gucci Eau de Parfum Gucci for women Pictures Gucci Eau de Parfum Gucci for women Pictures Gucci Eau de Parfum Gucci for women Pictures

Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Gucci Eau de Parfum was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier. Top notes are orange blossom and heliotrope; middle notes are caraway, iris and thyme; base notes are incense, leather, sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar essence.

Orange Blossom Heliotrope

Caraway iris Thyme

Incense Leather Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Cedar Essence

Enigma
Bal a Versailles

Gucci Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I think it's time that I accept the fact that I simply don't like perfumes that are made to smell like perfumes. Not without damn good reason, anyway. And if you're still with me after that sentance, I salute you.

Luca Turin once wrote, or said, and Chandler Burr recorded, and I'm paraphrasing here, that he hated Angel at first because at that point of his life he still thought that women should smell like flowers or fruit (or maybe it was candy-who remembers?). I know very well what flower and fruit perfumes smell like-and so, I'll wager, do you-and I also think there's a class of perfumerie that aims simply to smell like perfume. Just as classic colognes have in common citrus and lavendar, and fougeres lavendar, coumarin, and oakmoss, perfume-perfumes all have something in common, something that, sadly, I cannot name. Something chemical, cloying, sweet but without an identifiable character. Like an air freshener for people.

Gucci EDP in a nutshell. There were about ten good minutes of toasty cumin and fine leather, but then it all went to hell.

Yohji
Yohji

Hot dry womans skin. To me - perfect gymn to sensuality. But its sort of forbidden in dark world, it hides itself. Exquisitely made, as nor leather neither even cumin are not screaming here, they all are in soft wrappings of neroli - you just drifting away, into the world of fantasies.
To me - Gucci Eau de Parfum associated with movie Equilibrium (maybe coz of those minimalistic leather costumes and dramatic decorations) as something sad and tragic in its tonality (incense with heliotrope) like when Sean Bean is reading Yeats:

I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread upon my dreams

Bang! - and Christian Bale shoots him down.

Overall - love it, noticeable, long -lasting and futuristic

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

I gave this to a very dear friend several years ago. It was our favourite. Cant find it anymore, and presumably gone forever. If anyone can suggest another that has a close resemblance for us to consider, please message me. Thanks if you think you can help.

pravda48
pravda48

opens with a lot of sweet vanilla and caraway's unique spice profile. Very yummy and exotic and warm. It has a creamy spiced feel from a very smooth sandalwood (& only the creamy aspect of orange blossom vs the actual scent of it.) A softened leather/heliotrope comes through with only the slightest hint of a powdered edge, like the soft fuzzy lining of a leather glove, once the initial vanilla spice mellows. It's so very different; something about sniffing it out of the bottle reminds me of Dr. Pepper (soda) w/ that fizzy spice quality. Something about the drydown (45 min+) has a barely animalic tinge that I find incredibly alluring, but just a pinch and just detectable up close. From this point I also get the tiniest hint of sweet incense smoke, but I almost confused it for heliotrope's haziness it's so slight.

All these nuances and its uniqueness make it an easy 'love' for me. Happy to own a FB and one of my best blind buys ever. Good sillage at med/soft and great longevity @ around 8hrs last time I wore it.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Yes, it had something of a bitter medicine and this particular note lasted on me forever, while others evaporated immediately. I tried and tried, but no matter what time and season it was - there was no difference. Despite the adorable bottle and my desire to use somethig non-floral and more sophisticated, I never decided to get this. Now over 10 years have passed and I don't regret not buying this perfume, even though it's probably no longer available.

jtd
jtd

I don't think this perfume is made any longer, but I have a pile of carded samples that I bought years ago for $.25 apiece at some old perfume shop. I always liked it in that dirty pleasure sort of way, relishing that cheap thrill of mild sleaziness of enjoying a cheap perfume.

Trying this perfume again after a few years I realize my mistake. I found these samples at some mistakenly low-price and the made amateurish mistakes of equating cheap with Cheap.   This is a beautiful, simple floriental, one that eschews the genre’s typical diva-ish complexity in favor of simple, well-chosen broad strokes. I smell it as if it is under an olfactory magnifying glass. It's laid out like paint-by-numbers canvas that only has the colors orange flower, cumin and amber filled in. The artist stepped back, realized less might be more and left if in its simple state of beauty.  Perhaps more mainstream perfumers should try this pre-editing, because Gucci EDP smell a little rough at the edges and just right.

This simple structure makes a tightly knit perfume that remains coherent through drydown.  Smelling it years later, it seems like a fragrance that could be released today as a masculine woody floral.

beatrix75

it has nothing to do with masculin feeling ,its 100/ feminine soft uniqe expensive smell !!!!Lux in a botle my always favo ever

polly golightly
polly golightly

fiori d'arancio perfetti perchè misti a spezie

Tine1world
Tine1world

How can I possibly add to the reviews here. Needless to say so many positive and apt descriptions.

I am still yet to learn the instinct behind note determination. I do smell the blood orange and more over the raspberry notes floating in between the leather, with an over all long lived creaminess. a TAD medicinal and tad flat cola orish. Just like the rest of you. This screams sophistication.

I should have purchased the lot, as the universe teases me consistently with bargains, and my 50 mill EDP was 17 aussie dollars last year in spring.

Realising at the time that this may be discontinued, not knowing if I'd appreciate this fragrance.

Pity. Oh and yes what a heavy paper weight of a bottle. Yes the type that enjoys this is rare indeed.

Cheers T.

deda147
deda147

This might be the best blind buy I have ever done. I was contemplating whether I should buy it, since it was quite expensive. I'm very happy I did though!
The opening is heavenly: I can clearly distinguish the orange blossom and heliotrope, which give a sultry yet fresh opening. It quickly dries down to some sort light spicy (I guess that's the caraway), sweet and light powdery scent. The opening notes are still noticeable, and they perfectly complement the middle notes. The middle notes last around and hour on me, and after that the base notes come into play. It's like the middle and opening notes are enveloped into a cream of sandalwood, leather and incense, in other words, fantastic!
The sillage is quite strong the first 2 hours, but when the base notes appear it quickly turns into a skin scent. The first few times I thought it only lasted about 6 hours, but as others have mentioned, it really becomes a second layer of your skin, which you can still smell after 10-12 hours. Not particularily feminine, but also not quite masculine. It's just a magical potion meant to be shared by both the sexes.

CeciliaKu
CeciliaKu

The opening is spicy yet smooth. The base is very vanilla with a musky and nutty feel to it. The incense and leather notes are only very faint.

tanzp

i bought this today a gift set 50 mill body lotion 100 mill and body wash 100 mill a bargain price at 30$ ! , this so reminds me of tom ford black orchid same sort of scent , its so lovely and warm and spicy a nice winter perfume a new fave ;]

smellME
smellME

Mmmmm - lovely scent !
Been hunting down this, for a while and have now got it.
A fine blend of the spices, heliotrope, leather ,iris, light wood and musk.
This is mixed to a soft powdery, lovely and a bit daring scent.
It has something of a unisex skinscent aura around it,
one that I always tend to like and get back to.
It has the cosy soft blanket feeling, if you know what I mean ..
And I like the fact that it lacks the patcholie, for once...
The coca cola note is obvious in the beginning but easily forgotten.
I loved this from first wear and am happy trusting in that faint memory I had , of wearing it once if only for a test.
Thanks norgirl for another swap , with happy ending of ours !

nyalta77
nyalta77

Gucci EDP is one of my all time favorites!! For the price, this perfume makes me feel as if I am living a life of pure Italian luxury!! :)
The warmth and spiciness of the fragrance is enveloping like a fine leather coat...hood and cuffs lined with "real fur"... and radiates
like the Mare Internum coast on a balmy October day... :)
Intimidating sillage and longevity, on my skin, in cooler weather.
Gucci EDP is one of my "confidence boosting" scents... gives me a sense that I am bold, daring and unashamedly classy :)

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

I bought this today. This is lovely lovely warm, seductive and comforting scent. My newest LOVE!

vivik
vivik

Alexander McQueen My Queen + Cinema YSL, I smell heliotrope, leather, amber - not listed, smoke... really nice

dolcethadon

Gucci Eau De Parfum has this unique scent that makes me feel like I took a step back into the past but I cant differentiate if it is the 50's 60's 70's 80's or 90's.. It is mysterious and I guess that's why! The bottle is a work of art and truly shows how Gucci use to be a brand that made quality stuff.. The top is made up of orange blossom and a beautiful heliotrope.. The heliotrope blends with middle notes of caraway, powdery iris, thyme and with a base of leather, incense ,musk, vanilla and woods.. There definitely is a little cumin in there but on my skin it is very laid back.. I can detect all of the notes and they blend together very well, this is a high quality scent.. It is somewhat mature but it is classy, mysterious, sexy and somewhat cozy.. It has a beautiful incense and leather note that blend with the spicy caraway and heliotrope to create a gorgeous warm spicy powdery cloud of beauty! It is definitely on the feminine side of things but I enjoy it and will continue to wear it.. I love it!

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

I can clearly sense that there are some similarities with Tresor; the Sweetness and the Cleanliness after a deep spicy flower explosion. For me the formula is;

"Aromatic Spices + Tresor " = Gucci

AdrianB
AdrianB

How I wish this wasn't so hard to find!!! I got a mini of it & I absolutely love it.

It's a very warm, comforting smell that on me, yes it does resemble Coca Cola a bit. But not a sticky sweet cola, rather the scent of a just opened ice cold Coke where the bubbles just tickle your nose a little.

Somehow it remains classy, elegant & gorgeous. I am not very good at picking out notes yet, unless they're obvious. With Gucci EDP I get a hint of vanilla here, a touch of leather there. I think it's beautifully blended, with good longevity & sillage that remains close to you, but you get whiffs of it all day. For me, it's a perfect work scent & it makes me feel sophisticated, elegant & feminine.

Yudum
Yudum

I got this today and ıt smells lovely. Its very spicy and theres a lot of iris in it however the iris fades away and leaves a spicy warm flavour. I didnt smell any vanilla though but overall its a unique scent for a winters day.

SS79

I was so happy when the colder weather came so I can wear this beautiful fragrance again! Its so warm and comforting! I almost get a coca-cola kinda dry down with the woods and spices. Love love love!!!

@briones: Still available from fragranceX.com

briones
briones

we want it back

pinkonyx
pinkonyx

I choose this perfume without knowing how what it would smell like, but I thought "hey it GUCCI you cant go wrong", and well I was right. It smells expensive and unique. When you first spray it on its very woody and spicy almost masculine, but after 30 minutes it really warms into the skin and smells so soft and feminine. The powder and vanilla begin to shine threw. This also has great lasting power.

dolcethadon

Well I just got my hands on a big bottle of this Gucci eau de parfum for a very cheap price , and wow the gorgeous expensive bottle amazes me just like the male counterpart! LOVE IT! Will update for the scent later..

RkrChk
RkrChk

When I spray this on, my nose is glued to my wrist! On my skin, the note that stands out the most is the incense...The orange blossom note actually translates like a sliver of orange peel, and at first, it's a little sweet, but as it wears, it becomes a full, dense cloud of sumptuous incense...My guess is that the caraway seed is what emits that harmless, medicinal vibe...I don't get any leather, thyme or cedar; the incense gently hovers over the heliotrope and vanilla, and the iris and sandalwood add a wee touch of powderiness that is not dry, but warm and creamy, much like the scent of a thick, perfumed creme...

The drydown is simply gorgeous -- it evokes a ceremonial scene which would include the anointing of a subject with plumes and thick ribbons of a smoldering sacred scent...

kris919
kris919

the orange blossom and the heliotrope makes the opening smell kinda like a warm powdery sweet plum..at times though it seems to be almost too powdery. . It's spicy, leathery, a tad medicinal, very warm, and creamy. I like this scent, I may consider a full bottle or a decant at some point. this would be great for fall and winter. unisex, but more on the feminine side of the spectrum.

nero77
nero77

Very dark, warm, and plush...

Like leather seats in a room full of spices and incense. This is a very dry fragrance, but quite mysterious as well. Has an almost resinous like quality to it. Spicy caraway with deep vanilla. Dry orange blossom in the opening. The "cherry" aspect of the heliotrope with the dry leather and incense make it very unique. Can be a little dry, and almost tangy with the spicy-sweet dry-down, but I like it. This is amazing for a female EDP from Gucci. There is nothing quite like this out there these days, and it also develops into an incredibly sexy dark, spicy leather scent on a man. Brilliant!

Marquise
Marquise

why discontinued? Amazing perfume...

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I completely agree with Sandra2. This is a beautiful fragrance with amazing quality and lasting power. I would have never expected a perfume like this from Gucci. By far the very best from this brand. It could even be in contention with other high quality niche brands for best incense/spicy orientals.

Sandra2
Sandra2

This is a beautiful oriental perfume that, with its quality, longevity and silage, can stand side by side with many niche top fragrances.

projectalice345
projectalice345

At first it smells like nail polish remover its not a great opening. its like opening up a mans well made, black leather jacket and inhaling something dark and strange. I am reading some people are smelling the Vanilla and Orange blossom, lets hope those notes emerge on me eventually they have run for cover at the moment. I need a little more time to decide if I like it or not. I will update as it changes on me. I respect it in either case, . Whether its wearable remains to be seen. Still smells like someone spilled Cognac all over me. It was expensive Cognac.....but was it what I wanted to smell like?On me there is only incense, with the incense announcing itself really really loudly. Its like medicinal smell. Better let her mellow and report back.

After letting it sit It never calms down on me. Its so harsh on my skin, the leather notes are wonderful but all i can smell is the incense and its too sharp and one note. There is never a nice dry down, stays kind of angry on my skin. The vanilla is non existent, pretty much all the notes but angry incense disappear. Maybe if I layer it with another Vanilla smell, it has a really nice potential, but some smells just get so harsh on me. Everyone's chemistry is so different I guess. Recommend sampling it just because its so unique anyway and it never got very sweet.Anyways people are crying from happyness about it apparently which is rad! so worth a try in that case.

Kysyona
Kysyona

This came to me as a hand-me-down from a co-worker who was quite well-off and on top of all things modern and trendy. I got a smaller 30 ml bottle with somewhat half of the original contents. Although I am a die-hard orientals fan, I must say this was not too convincing. First of all - on my oily perfume-eating skin it sounded pretty masculine (not something I would want to use for evening wear targeted at flirting and seduction! ) Secondly, it did not have the staying power to justify the price. For me it had 2-3 hours in it, and that's after a very generous application. Now, what this perfume seems to be perfect for: a late-in-the-day business dinner in an upscale setting with black cringe-free suit/smoking. It is definitely for 6 pm and after and it screams "corporate" to me. I would also use it for a long drink on a weekday with a male friend/ex/boss in a secluded corner of a bar/coffee shop. For a girlie hangout it doesn't have for me enough of "cosy" in it. I will rebuy - 1 bottle (that will last me a lifetime ) and will use it for important business dining-outs after the "close-of-business" hour. The perfume was discontinued a while ago, I believe because it is rather in between work and play and not versatile enough, but I would still recommend to give it a try: it is classy and demure and can easily turn out to be somebody's HG of a scent. The staying power is sadly a spoon of tar in this honeypot: it has 50% of importance for me in every perfume, and here it sucks, quite frankly.
Associated city: Dublin
Associated persona: Al Pacino ( he's my equivalent to a vintage crystal glass of whisky poured at the end of the day after returning home from office on a chilly winter day )

wilbs
wilbs

The attention-seeking Gucci is sweet, floral, gourmand, woodsy and animalistic all at once.

I enjoy the strange synthetic smell that cuts through the centre of this scent. Difficult to describe, but if pushed I'd say it's most like freshly peeled contact, or even sellotape.

The animalistic leather is true leather; the musky urine of a tannery is retained, and somehow appealing. Some may not enjoy this aspect.

pingui
pingui

Leave it to a traditional fashion leather house to design a unisex "leather" scent that positively oozes sexuality. This scent has an androgynous feel that I imagine strong women like Katharine Hepburn or Marlene Dietrich wearing if this had been created in their heyday. This fragrances reveals the femininity by contasts of more masculine elements like leather, spice, wood, and cedar.

As you may know, perfume was developed in the leather industry to hide the caustic and stinky smells of the chemicals and urine which is used in the tanning process. So, when I describe a leather scent, it is something that each leather purveyor has consciously decided what "leather" should smell like. In my mind, this is the leather of a magical backroom of Gucci that holds archives of some of their best handbag and shoe designs. It has mellowed, the leather becoming a little dry, and blended with the years of all those leather scent ideas.

This fragrance starts strong, but then holds close to the body like a well tailored suit. Classic, strong well cut lines, while at once enhancing one's allure through a subtle play of contrasts.

piapedersen
piapedersen

I bought this while on vacation. I had already fallen in love with other Gucci scents, since they are all extraordinary in their own ways. But this is a wonderful scent with lots of sweetness and spices. I have grown into the perfume over the years and I wear it on special occassions. This is a great scent

ageless
ageless

It was a blind buy for me as I ordered this perfum online after reading positive reviews on several sites. I recieved my bottle yesterday, and I could almost cry from happiness when I tried it on! For me it's an incredibly warm, sensual, pleasant even titillating scent with a complex panoply of notes! It is exactly what I was searching for, It's soft and strong at the same time, suitable for day and night, complements my character well, surrounds me with an aura of sophistication and elegance.

No perfume is suitable for everyone, so I understand if someone dislikes this perfume. I was lucky to love it without trying it first. Good luck in finding your best perfume!

Galya
Galya

For me it's a really strange and so synthetic perfume,I feel only odour of some bad and cheap laundry clean dust :(

opa
opa

It had been very promising at the beginning but fell down quicker than its own development had begin. Too short living...or too watery.. It could be really good if would be perfumery enough..

guillermostf
guillermostf

nice scent deffinitely. i bought four bottles 1fl.oz for about (USD 18) in an argentinian store asking for discount price because they're old and discountinued, so i did get the discount, i gave 2 as gift and sold out the others 2. nice!

st@rz
st@rz

This is just so beautiful. I could almost cry for the happiness of having found it - a scent that I truly can adore and commit to! It is so sexy, powdery and leathery, very unisex and delicious. This isn't coy or innocent, it's beautiful, strong and voluptuous and yet at the same time rather subtle.

I just put the last bottle in Priceline on hold as I heard this has been discontinued... I have to stock up :(

derkargy
derkargy

So heavy,so dark,so deep...

s_athena

I had to add a second review to tell an awesome story. I was lucky enough to find a drugstore in my city that has an amazing perfume section. They have discontinued products just languishing on the shelves, and few people know it's there. The staff doesn't even know how rare these perfumes are now! Sadly they aren't on sale, but discontinued perfumes for regular retail instead of the eBay bidding wars? I'll take it! I'll share the store's name with my fellow DC perfumistas... eventually ;-)

But anyway, I was paying homage to the glass cabinet, considering buying a backup bottle of Gucci EDP, their last bottle left (!), and the store assistant who had opened the cabinet for me was trying to sell me D&G The One or Light Blue, and was trying fragrances alongside me. I told her they were okay, but everyone has them and I could get those anywhere. I was pointing out to her all of the discontinued and rare stuff that was just sitting there (YSL Elle, Van Cleef and Arpels First, Ysatis...). Then I gave her the almost-empty tester of Gucci EDP to try, telling her this was discontinued too. She couldn't stop sniffing the bottle, and then went into perfume-induced ecstasy when she sprayed it on her wrist.

"I know, it's amazing, right?"

"Wow. I love this, it's sweet but so so good. Oh... *inhale* *sigh*
This is the best one I think. Definitely. Wow."

She kept inhaling her wrist and sighing as she opened the register for me to pay at the counter, and I was laughing and nodding telling her "I know the feeling". I started feeling bad for buying the last bottle, so I wrote down the name for her so she could search on eBay and Amazon for it.

And so *poof*, a new perfumista was born, thanks to me and Gucci Eau de Parfum.

s_athena

I do understand where people are getting the cough syrup vibe from this, but oh man, if only Robitussin tasted half as good as this smells!

On my skin it reminds me a bit of a cross between CK Euphoria (drugstore fruity body spray + wood) and Bottega Veneta (plum, jasmine and leather accords), maybe with a hint of old-formula Dior Addict thrown in to give it a darker cast. I don't get any bitterness or much of a spicy bite from the caraway, but it does give this a nutty unctuous quality that ties together the wood notes and cherry-pie fruitiness of the heliotrope really well. This is how I like my sweet perfumes - not literal sugar or baked goods, but oblique hints at something deep, syrupy and delectable cooking in a slow-burning oven. (I don't want my perfumes to remind someone of something delicious - *I* want to be the something delicious!)

To me this has depth, mystery and a hint of cerebral distance with the wood notes that make me think this could work at the office on a cold day (one or two sprays max though, it's pretty damn strong!). This is definitely a cooler-weather date night perfume primarily though - dead-sexy in a very intimate, "brain is the biggest sex organ" kind of way, whether it's a one-on-one dinner in a nice restaurant or sharing body heat and a bottle of wine by a roaring fire. This is the facet of sexuality that matches my personality the best. This is me at this stage of my life. And if this hadn't been discontinued, :-( I could see this challenging my girlier Chanel Chance for my new signature scent. Definitely a new favorite.

But I do think the bottle is a bit much - the cap is solid glass and weighs more than the bottle itself! I suppose it's good to keep the bottle and cap by the bed to ward off (and possibly kill) intruders.

chri5tin3

gender-bending sex in a bottle... stunning liquid from Gucci, if only they bothered with their other perfumes as much as this, they'd be up there with the best, no doubt.

pisces3774
pisces3774

This is gorgeous! I remember smelling it when it first came out, recently got another sample. At the start, it seems like it will be a woody/spicy/vanillic bludger, but fades a bit to become a little softer and more floral. Has some similarities to Dior's Addict (original), some sweet note in the dry down. But I like it much more than Addict, which gives me a headache. Very pretty, hopefully it hasn't been discontinued. Love the sort of old-fashioned bottle.

yume9
yume9

Irreplaceable gem. I wear it from 2005 and still can not write a proper review. All this time I just constantly search for some perfume to capture the same spirit and mood, but not the magic (it's impossible).

P.S. I assume that S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Femme can not substitute this scent. It's nowhere near it. I'm very glad that I had a chance to test it and have not blind bought it.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

I wore it in Winter time many years ago. I liked it a lot, to me it smells like brandy and reminds me on this drink by the color and the bottle too.

beatrix75

still the best gucci of my life,this fragrance its for a selfconfident charming sexy women with some erotisk feeling still a biiig OMG what a frag"!!!!!

perfumebox
perfumebox

Sexy woody-oriental liquor; and YES it would smell divine on a man OR a woman!

When I first smelt this years ago, I totally recoiled from the syrupy bitter-sweet opening because the caraway and incense accords smelt medicinal to me. But apparently something must have clicked because for the next couple of months, I couldn't help gravitating towards those heavyweight tester bottles of rich brown nectar every time I passed a Gucci counter. Now I own it and love it, though I don't wear it nearly enough.

Gucci Eau de Parfum is quite linear; the floral, spicy, woody, and leather notes all combine into a single mellow, boozy accord that is substantial but not overly heavy. Still, this isn't a very common scent and I can't see everyone liking it right from the start; definitely give this a few tries before you dismiss it!

nikkimouse

I would say yes. This can definently be worn by a man. Actually I would say this is very unisex. ... in that I dont think it's to masqueline or too feminine.

It's kind of like Coco Chanel (minus the feminine rose), not that they smell similar, but they do share that same cool/smooth kind of quality. Which I personally find amazing on both sexes.

I do think men could wear Coco Chanel, but I'd say that Gucci is definently more unisex/male friendly than Coco, which is probably do to the lack of rose, and the addition of leather.

I just realised the bottle that I last purchased at t.j max is a tester bottle and has a little sticker with some of the notes listed. It states that all absolutes are used . ''Heliotrope with Orange Blossom, Vanilla, and Oris Absolutes'' ... of course there are other notes (as listed above), but this is probably the most prominent notes, and probably the reason for the high quality

Lastly, even though this can obviously be a winter scent it does also have that bronzey feel, I can easily pull this off in the summer, espeially summer nights, never becomes too cloying, the powderness makes this versityle

BTW, i really don't get anything ''soapy'' from this at all.

Endymion
Endymion

Does anyone thinks it can be worn by a man?
I'm just curious about the opinions.
I like this fragrance but it may be a bit too feminine, I'm not sure(?)

nikkimouse

One of my all time favorite. Possibly the best feminine leather ever.

The caraway is very noticable, leather smooth and assertive, still soft fuzzy feminity lingers thanks to the heliotrope and vanilla. The iris keeps this earthy. Super fem fetale, earth mama leather... roooow love it!

Tom Ford is the nose, and it's aparent, this is the highest quality, lasts forever, the drydown is delectable. This is a super comfy, hug stealing, get close to me ...leather scent, that takes no prisoners!

I first spied this years ago in a T.J. Max, for a rediculously low price. The allure of that very heavy very dense, dynamic bottle with the exotic dark coulored juice inside, was enough to hook me, then the scent? Creamy uber sexy, smokey smoothness, there was no doubt I was hooked, lined, and sunk

A decade later and I'm on my fourth bottle. I remember distincly after my first encouter at T.J. Max, thinking this absolutely smelled like nothing I had. And I believe that holds true to this day.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Probably one of my most favorite of Gucci frags.

It's not for teenyboppers and doesn't have those sweet sugary notes that so many new perfumes seem to go for.

I loved it..and now I don't see it anymore. So sad...

dezaval
dezaval

Spicy, smoky, woody, like a long walk in an oak forest at autumn... Very chic and mysterious. Reminds me of some 70s avand-garde films...

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

BLIND BUY .soft, delicate , classic, modern. a must. elegance..........elegance

Kamaty
Kamaty

I made a blind buy just based on reviews and i was afraid ...
But was a very good surprise .
Is not strong like i imagined, oriental yes, wood yes but is sweet and confort; have a sweet mature smell in a good way that stays around you for hours .
Is autum in my coutry right now, i guess it is more apropriated for cold days.
I'm in love...
I'll need to save because is discontinued and so hard to find...
Highly recomend !!!!

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Confident, no-nonsense oriental. It has beautifully kinky undertone of leather, just a hint, which is irresistible to me. Busy, syrupy floriental with lashings of heliotrope (which I really like). For some bizarre reason, when I smell this, I imagine a High Court Judge in all his regalia, with raunchy black ladies' underwear beneath his robes. It's powerful, yet restrained, sexy, yet cold and unfeeling, feminine, yet very masculine and straight to the point. I have it, yet when I wear it, I feel confused to the point of schitzophrenia. A bit of an odd one, which also has a tang of Benylin Cough Syrup as it leaves the bottle. One cautionary word, (and this may only be the case for me, and not for you, dear reader), after 7 hours, whilst I sat with my cross-stitch, this perfume was still clinging stubbornly to my skin, but the allure had long since left it, and the scent which was creeping up from beneath my pug onesie was definitely the less than alluring scent of shiny, unpowdered rubber gloves, or, one imagines, a discarded rubber anaeshetic mask. I'm sure there are people who would pay good money for that, but it makes me feel a bit dirty in a bad way. High Court Judges, cross stitch, cough syrup and hospital gas masks. I would love to see the advert for THAT!

Tailor-Made
Tailor-Made

I love this perfume, i've buyed it twice. It has a very unique, warm scent. It could be worn by a very dinamic woman, who knows what she wants and has a strong character.
If I could match it to a movie character, I would probably match it to Rene Rousso at the Thomas Crown Affair.
I believe it's ideal for your first date or for a business dinner.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

i really wanted to like this! it is certainly a well constructed, and very respectable perfume, in terms of both formula and quality. but, as i was afraid, the iris and heliatrope ran right out of the gate with loads of sweet incense, which on me is the instant, and terrible powder bomb! the resinous woods underneath are rich, and fine, the vanilla seductive and slightly boozy, the leather note smooth, and not overdone, and the nutty undertone gives it a buttery, almost "oily" cast. there was a light herbal note that dissapeared, and i can detect some flowers drowned in the sweet, srupy juice, but i cannot distinguish, or rescue them. sadly, i cannot get it off my hand. sungular. one drop. so, if you love it, please apply carefully (this test was an old formula) it is a powerhouse!

dbrii24
dbrii24

This fragrance is truly seductive. It's a smoldering spicy, sensual and smoky composition that exudes eroticism. It is flat out sexy. It's a sophisticated scent yet naughty at the same time. I can see how this isn't for everybody but to those of us it works for it's AMAZING! Caraway is very prominent and it mixes in with the vanilla and orange blossom in a way that shouldn't work but oddly it does. It does have a bit of a soda-syrup-peppered smell to it but it dries down to something that is just grand. It's a little difficult to fully describe the brilliant complexity of Gucci...you just have to try it.

Jayne58
Jayne58

This one is all about the basenotes - light incense with creamy vanilla, woods and leather. Warm, rich but not over-powering, this a cold-weather comfort scent. I do get some buttery iris in the middle and some orange blossom on top but cannot detect the heliotrope, which is a shame 'cos cherry pie is nice. I like that Jeca describes this as a scent that someone kind might wear. I agree, and would be gratefully inclined to lean on the caring shoulder of a person who smells this sweet.

chanchita
chanchita

It took me a while to get used to this perfume (it was a gift) but once I did I wore it to work (office) during the colder months. Worked well for casual after work occassions also. In hindsight, I think I liked it partly becuase it was Gucci, somewhat different to what most women wear in my office and a rather grown-up scent. I did not like it enough to buy again though. It did not seduce me like I wish a good perfume to do.

beatrix75

the best fragrance of my life!!!!Elegant sexy tuff everithing what i want!!!

kalios55
kalios55

Gucci Eau de Parfum ..

Bold and intense opening with dark powdery floral and sweet warm spice. Gucci Eau de Parfum is nothing but confident and intriguing.

Once settled .. it became a creamy balmy LEATHERY scent. Floral and incense stayed undertone. Leather outshone every single accord listed.

Drydown to an sexy skin scent, resembling that of Eau des Merveilles Hermes. Balmy, leathery, powdery, soapy, but subtle, giving off that old-fashioned lipstick vibe. I am not a fan of balminess, although Gucci Eau de Parfum's balm is perfectly toleratable.

If you are friendly, down-to-earth, and bubbly: this is not for you. Gucci Eau de Parfum is a smell of a snobbish rich hot mess though it's pleasant and magnetic in its own way.

I found Gucci Eau de Parfum to be a masculine "female" scent. I could imagine many males getting away wearing this perfume. Minimum sillage, excellent longivity. It survived a shower .. so 24 hours on the back of my hand. Unbelievable staying power.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Had it, found it quite plain, and sold it.
Very watery, yet quite odd, on my skin.
Not my style.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I, too, get the medicinal note in this. I like the noticeable caraway and I think this and the thyme are the culprits for the "medicine". They do recede in the drydown. I prefer my perfumes a bit sweeter. The best of the Guccis IMO is Gucci pour Homme II, which my late husband had, and which I enjoy wearing from time to time. Funny, GPH II smells more feminine to me than this one!

Thanks to my dear friend Yamba1 for the chance to try this.

cleo777
cleo777

Oh, I love this one!!! It has a yummy, vanilla rootbeer spicy smell that is wonderfully sexy for evening. Sometimes I'll even spritz some on in the daytime because I miss it! My sweetie even likes it, and he sneezes at everything. So classy, feminine and expensive smelling. Exactly what I look for in a fragrance!

pstarck
pstarck

my favorite ever.... making a collection here now that is discontinued...oh Gucci, don't do that with me, please....=(

vicka16
vicka16

Very distinctive incense and caraway seeds notes. Defenitely not my tipe of fragrance. Used it once, and had to give it away.

chri5tin3

in cooler weather this was very woody and spicy but still very nice on the skin.

recently tried it on a hot summers day and WOW... it smelt amazing! it suddenly became sweet, almost herbal, yet still had the woody, spicy undertone.

yummy fragrance, very sexy.

SS79

Absolutly love this fragrance! It'swarm spicyness wraps me up in warmth..like others have said.. perfect for cold weather! Im in canada and its starting to finallly snow!! Guess what i am wearing today! lol

Cams
Cams

This is outstanding! Warm, sensual and sexy -it makes you feel confident and feminine. A beautiful waft of a luxurious scent will follow you. Perfect for winter.

Hellokt
Hellokt

I really wanted to like this one, however it is too intense and dark for me. Too coca cola on me as well. This is a beautiful fragrance, and very unique; but it's just not right for me. I've found that Gucci fragrances are either of this genre: deep, dark, intense, mysterious, night time or on the opposite spectrum of very light, fresh, fruity, day time. There is no middle of the road for Gucci that I have found thus far!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This is a lovely, complex, sexy, sophisticated scent that is better suited for autumn and winter. This is a dense scent, however this is not very sweet. The comparison to coca cola are spot on, but only in the beginning then it dissipates. This does posses a medicinal quality to it that makes it unique and interesting. Although is not listed in the notes I can smell a note that I believed was rose. This last and last all day on my skin, very good quality of ingredients!
Edit: I have not worn this scent very much. I wore it two times this year and my husband asked both times if I had been drinking LOL. I guess is not a good idea to be stopped by a cop while you are wearing this scent, he might think you are drunk.

jazmam
jazmam

LOVE THIS!! I'm on my 4th bottle since it was introduced. What can I say, it's magnificent! Sexy, Alluring, Spicey, Individual greatness :D

My only single compaint...while I love the bottle, I am accideent prone, and tend to drop things .... this bottle is so heavy.. Ive chipped every one of the four bottles that I've had! lol

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

Absolutely fabulous, darlings! Warm, spicy, mellow, incense, leather, vanilla - completely delicious. I think I'd better run out & buy another bottle before it disappears completely...

emi_artist
emi_artist

The amber colour of the juice, the tactile, heavy bottle reminiscent of a 1940s paperweight, and its spicy, dark content all contribute to the sense that Gucci Eau de Parfum is the smell of a warm, almost sternly sexual, pencil-skirt and white shirt wearing woman, who has just got dressed when dawn comes after a whole night of sex. The smells of her lover still on her skin, she doesn't want to wash it off so it melds with her own skin.

The Turin-Sanchez Perfume Guide was spot-on when it described this perfume as the familiar smell of your lover's morning breath - slightly acrid, warm, still reminiscent of the intimacy between two people who have spent a long time together and love each other so much that every part of their body is dear to one another.

Yet the Art-Deco style bottle tells a more complete story of the woman in the couple, an independent woman who makes no apology for her sensuality as she exudes confidence at work as well as home, a woman who reflects the chocolate brown, gold and white colourways of the classic Gucci suit of the 1970s, who walks in the streets of Florence from her husband's house to a boardroom and clinches a 10 million deal.

The typically Italian orange blossom start is the only concession to flowery notes, which then makes inexorable way to the leathery, musky skin scent via a distinctive spicy heart, which fuses seamlessly with the base, almost creating a flowing piano passage, or the trail of a long scented silk scarf. Brilliant.

jasmasid
jasmasid

This reminds me of how sophisticated young women used to smell when I was a little girl. An extremely refined and mysterious smell, very "perfumy" and expensive-smelling. The good news is that it is not as expensive as some others that smell like cold water and nothing else. I seldom go for spicy scents but I finished an entire bottle of this one last year and can't wait to get my next one.

oh my Gosh!I never thought I would fall for an oriental spicy perfume,but this one really rocks!(thanks to tigerlillian to give me the chance to smell it)
According to the notes it's not my type at all,but since I like Gucci very much,I thought it desreves trying and I wasn't wrong.
it opens up with sour,deep and sensual woody notes which smells somehow masuline,but very confident and shameless at the same time.
it doesn't change through the time much.I hardly smell any fruity or floral note,but just woods.it smells a bit like DOLCE VITA or it's younger sister,SENUOUS.but sensuous is much more sweet,while this one is more spicy.
my favorite GUCCI is GUCCI BY GUGGI EDP,but this one's my second choice.nowdays it's hard to find such a unique perfume that suits strong unique women well.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

Love love love it.. This is just so classy and refined. So Tom Ford.. Not another teenage, tasteless, sugarbomb, commercial mainstream scent. Thank god for that!

sria
sria

cold in a standoff way lyk it warns you tht its in ur best interest to keep a safe distance...but at the same time a contradictory facade lures you to explore deeper and deeper in an dark inviting mysterious aura..it rides the fine line of extremely dangerous and irresistibly enticing...u donno how but it tantalizes your senses in the wildest way imaginable.. before you know it you are a captive in her charms... a true femme fatale

very fleshy with hardcore sexual connotation but only when you seek beneath the surface...shez all sex appeal with brains..she confuses you with a sly smile every time you think you have her figured ..she is naturally attractive, mindbogglingly intelligent, and comfortable in her own skin exuding confidence elegance n smoldering heat without even a bat of her lashes...her mere presence weakens men at their knees..shez mercilessly aware of tht effect

smooth complex spicy and herbaceous with slight sweetness in composition- a skin scent which i reserve for the only guy who i let come close enough to smell this beauty emanating from my skin..

**deadliest weapon for your unsuspecting prey...**

picasso_x
picasso_x

I buy this perfume for my mum but she don't like it and my daughter too. So I has two way to choose,sale it or use it. And I choose to use it. This perfume is dark incense mystery more spicy little sweet. Quite elegance good longevity more than 6 hrs on me in cool weather. Some time I mix it with the other men perfume. (It's ok for me) Gucci EDP is best one woman perfume.

obsessed
obsessed

I always have unexpected surprises and funny stories when it comes to buying perfumes, but the story with this one was pretty unique. I basically saw the “Gucci eau de parfum” packaging sitting all alone on a shelf in a local store and I looked at the price: it was 20 euros (it’s probably going out of production). But I couldn’t open it cause it was wrapped up and there wasn’t even a tester.
So I said to myself: who cares, I’m gonna buy it, it’s so cheap and it’s Gucci, even if it doesn’t smell that good I won’t regret it: sometimes you gotta take a little risk right…
So I bought it. I was all excited and a little scared, but I was happy that I had bought an expensive perfume for that cheap, and after all a Gucci couldn’t have been that bad.
I sprayed a little on my wrist and at first it smelled kinda weird and old-lady like. After a while I started to really get all of the beautiful oriental notes (I’m a sucker for orientals) and holy jesus it was like heaven…
Definitely not marketed torwards youger girls, but still an amazing oriental for a confident, ultra-sexy, raspy voiced, androgyny, chic, show-stopper woman. It’s exactly what I needed.
I would describe this as a “bitchy” perfume, not in your face but rather tough-smelling, for a woman that likes to speak her mind and who is sometimes aggressive, istictive and who likes to wear androgynously, but still maintaining her womanhood and her extreme sexyness.
Whooo!! how many feelings involved in the smelling of this fume!!
Definitely buy this if you’re looking for a night time aggressive oriental, sexy, passionate fragrance.(NOT FOR INNOCENT SWEET GIRLS..)
Oh, and the whole concept was thought by Sir Tom Ford. That already says it all…
So ladies, if you wanna smell sexy, buy whatever Tom Ford fragrance happens to be handy.
Trust me…..that man is a fucking genius, no lie.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Nhee I was expencting better from this. It transmitts the idea of a strong, succefull woman yes but still its quite soapy and dull in a way. Perfect for office and a suit because its not loud. Its mildly spicey what is annoying to me because its like a strong fragrance playing shy, it has its charm though.

Wilka
Wilka

I agree with 1 blondeangel. I remember when Tom Ford created this fragrance for Gucci: he wanted to express that a woman must be strong and bold nowadays, but she's still a woman in her inside. I think that I'm paraphrasing 1blondeangel's idea.

naominose
naominose

The main attraction, for me, is it's dusty pavement before the rain aura. It's neither too dry nor cloyingly humid-heavy. It's superiorly sexy, like a low raspy voice, like fall and winter in the woods, like kissing by a fireplace.

It would be easy for a scent like this to tip into either powder or musk territory, but miraculously, it doesn't... like balancing a pin on it's head! I don't even get the too heavy spice or medicine that some are experiencing... just a little musty leather, cedar, dead leaves and that long-lingering ozone (ex)static perfection.

You really do have to wait for the dry-down to fall in love. I need more soon, because rubbing a balloon over my hair is just not cutting it for my fix.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Mysterious, Dangerous, Sexy as Hell are a few descriptive words that come to mind! It's spicey in the most scandalous and dark way. The Orange Blossom and Heliotrope send an alluring trail. The leather, thyme and caraway give it a hint of don't mess with me-Very Femme Fatale. The musk and vanilla make it velvety and soft enticing fingers to run down the arm. This is a fragrance for a self confident woman. It is very intriguing and inviting. I picture a bad ass, super heroine wearing this in her tight, glued on leather cat suit while saving the world and then returning to her business meeting all suave & sure of herself controlling the meeting entirely while tossing her hair back and making all the men in the meeting drool over her. I dare any woman to try this & become that sultry, sexy, Femme Fatale. I'm in love!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

wasn't into this one. I've tried it twice in my lifetime. Each time I got the smell of coca-cola syrup on my skin. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it never moved from that, even after the dry down.

I gave it to my sister who loves it but then again it smells so much different on her..

Angel10
Angel10

Smells fine, but is no show stopper. a little watery, and not my style...not perfumey enough for me.

Siv55
Siv55

Overpowering leather, like the scent equivalent of a gimp suit. Fine if that's your thing.

allexa_ro
allexa_ro

to me this one is fascinating..... sexy, alluring; despite the incense note it feels like a perfume a business modern woman would wear; sexy , smart, modern, warm, expensive are the words that come to mind

mehrdad
mehrdad

جزو کارهای عالیه زنانه
کلاسیک
با دوام
پخش بوی خوب
شیرین و گرم
همیشه استفاده نشود بهتر است برای بعضی مواقع مناسب است

'eau de parfum' oriental floral fragrance. Description eau de parfum spray
50 ml
top note of iris
heart note of cumin
base note of musk

به نقل از سایت گوچی

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Although there are no fruits in this composition, the opening sensation is velvety with a rich, soft plummy accord that hovers--an artful selection of flowers.

Spices infuse and give the liquor a warm, almost sweet dark peppery complexity. Thyme is overt, yet exquisitely balanced, complementing the blossoms and hints of caraway with an unusual perfection. Orris gives a marvellous, cool, chalky feel that doesn't billow away in powdery plumes.

The drydown is mostly vanilla, incense and musk. In truth, I don't like musk to be too obvious in a perfume, but this skillfully composed concoction creates a paradigm shift for me. The subtley dry cedar and a just a swatch of oppulent leather add to the aloofness and gentle tenacity of this seductive fragrance. This deeply resonates like a truly fine wood-aged tawny port wine, all the while being uber feminine.

Gucci eau de Parfum works its way into your psyche and ensnares your spirit before you even have time to exhale.

dragonesque
dragonesque

A modest sister of Jungle L’Elephant by Kenzo - oriental spicy with a distinct nutty note of caraway seeds, but not at all loud, and sitting close to the skin. Beautiful in winter, but not impossible all year round. Not being a masterpiece, it somehow managed to walk its way into my heart. Warm, moderately sweet and comforting, it’s a fragrance you can rely upon. Having applied it in the morning, you feel its presence all day long. Its warm sweet earthiness is something that adds you gravity and helps you to stand steady on your own two feet.

A fitting consort for Gucci Pour Homme (the newer one, NOT the original).

I was amazed when I sniffed this! Currently reviewing chypre florals, I mistakenly pulled this from Mom's collection of samples and after one sniff, I knew it was no chypre, Gucci by Gucci is...but not this.

This begins with a dry orange blossom and a heavenly heliotrope combo-smooth and powdery. The heart is warm with caraway and the heady herbal scent of thyme, with cool steely iris keeping it from being too sharp. The drydown is so sexy: leather, incense, woods and heavy musk. Vanilla adds some oriental feel to it but predominately I get the musk and incense. This is very warm and almost "fuzzy" comfy; perfect for winter nights, and the evening Christmas party. It has femininity but overall, I find it to be more unisex than any of Gucci's other perfumes. I may have to find some of this for myself! Daniela Roche-Andrier (PRADA Amber and Iris scents) has truly outdone herself IMO! This is so very oriental woody and mysterious with just enough flowers to add a soft sweetness but not be "girly". What a scent...

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4/5

This bears a similarity (to me) of a cross between Fleur de Male and Gaultier2...with the volume turned down and some spice sprinkled over it, add a fur collared leather jacket and you're off to the ball! Smellin sweet and sexy!

alexanna7
alexanna7

this is a verry nice oriental spicy! On me,i get the caraway and oris...almost like a rose scent! I get the soft leather,vanilla,and cedar wood,but soft,like a breeze...nothing strong,well balanced.!no.notes higher than the others! If you like: fendi,bijan,coco chanel,teatro alla scala;you will love this spicy oriental! Viva la gucci! Love it!

Sissi
Sissi

Gucci eau de Parfume is like a elegant Tweed jacket dry and musty it brings
an Androgynous chicness in modern perfumery The opening of Heliotrope with
it's vanilla with almond nuance opens the
top note, in a few minutes dry Caraway
makes it's presence known Iris adds to the
powdery feel it has an strawberry middle drydown Leather is subtle and it's not
overwhelming Incense adds to the dark mystery of the scent with an reserved
reputare aloof and not showing her true
nature i love the dark musky drydown
and vanilla sweetens the base.

Gucci eau de Parfume has no categorized
identity genderless it's neither Male
nor Female it brings androgamy to the
wearer it's unisex to me, these are one
of the scents that thinks outside the box like CK One that does not follow
conventional rules on female perfumery
it avoids trendy girlish watery floral
fruity scents that is all the rage and
beats to it's own drum, this scent is for a woman who wants to break convention.

Lailica
Lailica

Here in Brasil it has been sold cheapilly. I didn't like it. It smells like medicine. Also the lid is INCREADIBLY (and unnecessarilly) heavy.
If this fragrance had the "smokiness" of the male version(=Gucci pour Homme)- which I loved - I would have liked it better, but I cannot smell anything other than medicine/syrup aroma.

mars_tee
mars_tee

You absolutely have to wait for the drydown in order to really appreciate it. It starts out slightly strong and difficult to place, but ends up sultry, warm and natural and bonds with [my] skin really well.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I get spicy, soapy incense for the top notes, but the scent becomes less soapy as it dries down. The base is deep, powdery incense with a bit of leather. It's a mature fragrance. I like it very much!

scent_lover
scent_lover

i had it but honestly i don't recommend it for young women. very heavy, very oriental for my taste.definitely a winter scent. i gave my bottle to my grandma. at least she liked it!

icekat
icekat

I adore this perfume. It is earthy, beautiful and very well-balanced. It feels ancient and mysterious to me - like walking through the ruins of the ancient temple and feel the connection to the ancient times.

The opening is a bit sharp with orange blossom and heliotrope but it goes into middle notes pretty quick and they are so divine. I normally do not like caraway seeds and incense in perfumes. But this one proved me wrong. The combination is so harmonious and beautiful. It wraps around me like a second skin and makes me feel so divine.

The scent stays close to the skin and works miracles with my body chemistry. I love how it smells on my hair. I can wear it in the evening and daytime. I love it on a warm summer evening, as well as on a crisp fall day. I could wear it to a party or to a business meeting. It always makes me sophisticated and strong.

Stela
Stela

This is wonderful! It's very spicy and it has a good lasting power on me. I tried it yesterday and I think I'm going to buy it with my next paycheck. :)

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Oh, I am loving this one so much! The opening is smooth and spicy. I think the caraway adds an intense richness to the middle of this and keeps the sweetness under control. It stays warm and dark, a really comforting scent. While it does get close to the skin fairly quickly, it stays with you for a long time, 10+ hours on me. If you're looking for a fragrance that'll make someone take a second whiff of you, this is it. You'll just have to make sure they hug you first.

9-10-10: Just received this and had to add that the bottle is sooo cool. That cap is pure glass. When I felt the heaviness of the box, my heart leapt because I thought, "Oh, they sent me the 3.4 oz size", but no, it was the 1.7 oz, encased in thick clear glass. So classy! And this juice is going to be my fall and winter signature, it is really the perfect oriental spicy for me!

autumn89
autumn89

Personally, i cant see any similarity between this and Gaultier 2. I love one and hate the other. Gaultier 2 to me smells like burned synthetic vanilla. Again, shows how subjective fragrance is!

This opens icredibly spicy and remains incredibly spicy until the drydown when it calms a bit. Orange blossom manages to smooth out the heart slightly, but the iris adds a slightly powdery quality. The drydown is incredible. Musky incense and leather softened by vanilla and sandalwood.

Lasting power is very good, but it doesnt project very far. Definately a winter fragrance. The Incense, spices and cedar make this quite masculine, so i'd say easily worn by guys. I wear it a lot in the winter and always get complimented, no one ever says it smells too feminine.

Definately give it a try. Im a bit worried this may get discontinued...

Id say Tom Fords Japon Noir shares similarities. They are both very spicy.

BIG
BIG

a man could totally pull off this frag! It's more suitable for late fall/winter nights!

guest_dathen
guest_dathen

I love all kinds of fragrances, and I also wear all kinds of fragrances. I am a guy, and I have this in my collection and wear it often. I was able to find it in a discount fragrance store as the large department stores do not carry it anymore. I picked up the largest size I could find. Let me just say that I love everything about the fragrance. The way the dark brownish-purple box opens up to reveal a heavy glass bottle with a sultry brown liquid inside. The way the name of the perfume is printed on the side. The way the bottle feels in the hand and especially how the juice sprays out of the bottle. As a man, I have a very special skin chemistry, learning about this through much trial and error. Typical mens fragrances do not work on my skin. They are either too sweet, too musky, too spicy, or if they are citrus types of fragrances, turn sour. This on my skin is a soft skin scent, it is masculine and warm. Spicy, herbal, musk. I will always have this fragrance in my collection!

milena

ahh Gucci eau de perfume so so irresistible, it is evening and I had this on since this morning.It smells so alluring spicy sexy and mysterious,The warmth of this cent is so close to the skin, to be honest I've never expected this to smell so nice on me,'one on one ' with Madame Rochas.Im intoxicated with this scent,wow, the chemistry is great.This perfume grew on me.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

The serious-looking bottle and the dark colour of the juice inside suggest a thick, heavy oriental but this is far from the truth, IMO. I bought Gucci after testing it on a paper slip only - then it smelled absolutely divine but when I tried it on my skin it was a different story. The scent is very good, soft and creamy, but my skin seems to absorb it very easily and it has no trail at all! The lasting power is also limited. To sum up, it's a very soft and pleasant oriental but it is not intriguing or seductive in any way.

To NatWeb: I have this perfume in my collection, because it is exactly what you say. However, let me have my glass of champagne, will you. Especially good vintage Blanc de blancs would be a perfect match to this perfume. Thanks.

Rouu
Rouu

how i can say that, i have it 4 years ago , 1st of all um not a big fan of spicy perfumes, or lest say um not a fan.. i had it as a gift .. at 1st sniff i knew it wont be my cup of tea, but its Gucci any way so u can feel the rich ingredients at once, spicy ,moooore spicy ,like a paper note , i cant get the flowery note there its somewhere between the mid note and the end..!! is long lasting perfume for sure, if u like to be like mysterious dark lady with spicy touch, u can wear it with a dark coat and big black sunglasses through rainy days !!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Gucci Edp is the very first perfume where I could recognize incense. That is the reason why it is so mighty, black and to some, almost medicinal. The strength of Gucci Edp is soft as puma skin, melting as chocolate vanilla pudding, and soothing. Because of the incense, I presume.

I couldn’t get rid of the picture in my head: showering under hot water with black leather glow. In polished high heels with red lipstick. Smeared and glued to the hair.

If you remember the Thorn Bird story of father Ralph and Maggie’s love. I always secretly hoped for a happy ending. Now I know that love of theirs smelled like Gucci Edp.

This is high quality, lonlasting and beautiful product. If you’re searching for perfume to seduce. Reach for this.

guest_gucci123
guest_gucci123

When you first apply this fragerance it smells just like alchohol(not nice)!But after a while the vannila kicks in and its not to bad. 6/10

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

I'm sad to say that I didn't like this one as much as I thought I would! I've worn spicy scents a lot in the past, but somehow this one reacts a little differently with my chemistry. I get little to no spice at all; instead it opens as a thick, dark floral and ...pretty much stays that way. The only notes that really come through on me are heliotrope, iris and maybe a tiny hint of leather towards the end. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it seems to behave quite a bit differently on me than intended.

The bottle itself and the darkness of the liquid inside, was certainly intriguing to say the least. Gucci eau de Parfum was one spicy fragrance that I was dying to try.

The opening was good, spicy yet smooth and I saw that this fragrance had potential, however what followed was rather strange. The scent just vanished, it was barely detectable, a wimpering hint of spice the only thing left on my skin.

Where were those enticing flowers, the double dose of caraway seed and herbaceous thyme? I began frantically sniffing coffee beans, almost shoving them up my nose in order to smell a faint hint of something, but to no avail.

It was only about 5 hours later when the drydown began to immerge that Gucci eau de Parfum reminded me of its existance. I can see where the comparison to Dior's Hypnotic Poison comes in. The base is very vanilla with a musky and nutty feel to it. The incense and leather notes are only very faint.

Overall, from what I can gather, Gucci eau de Parfum is intentionally a soft and intimate fragrance, not so heavy with the spices as some may think and quite feminine rather than being unisex or masculine.

What I expected and what I experienced were two different things entirely.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I liked this and wore it for a while but got bored with it. It's a straightforward spicy oriental with no real lushness in it. It's really pleasant but I carried on wearing the more extraordinary Rush.

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

So spicy to me but I like to wear it anyway. When you wear this, wait about 20 minutes and then decide. You will see how fragile it is and the color of perfume is so assertive.

As odd as this may sound, GUCCI EAU DE PARFUM is a lovely little ode to the caraway seed. I didn't know this until I saw the notes, but I was certainly pleased by the woody nuttiness that I was unable to identify, and there it was: a double dose of caraway seed!

In its warmth and woodiness, GUCCI compares favorably with DOLCE VITA, but GUCCI has its own distinct flavor--figuratively and literally.

Let us now lament the sad plight of the forlorn caraway seed, so long relegated and promiscuously applied to rye bread, while at the same time scorned from a distance, mistaken far too often by those of feeble sight for a weevil or an insect egg.

The caraway seed, GUCCI has admirably affirmed, has an honorable, independent existence worthy enough to play a central role in a high quality perfume.

GUCCI evolves very quickly to a subtle, slightly sweet, nutty-woody scent, and its lingering caraway aura would be very difficult for the untutored (suitably apprised) nose to tease out of the other fine spice and chypre elements, in addition to a few flowers and a touch of incense. Together, they comprise a sly perfume that draws attention to itself only through its subtlety.

GUCCI keeps her clothes on, but her blouse is made of very sheer silk.

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

Mmmm,this is what a good perfume smells like !! I feel like a goddess in this perfume.Stunning and strickingly beautiful.
One of the best for those of us who love a seductive ,spicy oriental.
Gucci opens up with a powerful kick of spice then drys to reveal its tender,musky sweetness.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is a really refined frangrance - very strong and self assured. There's nothing sweet or light or frivolous about it. It raises its voice but never shouts. A really great fragrance for the office then a post office drink... this woman would be drinking a quality aged whiskey, not champage!

guest_FFataleA.
guest_FFataleA.

The best parfume. I just love it, I wear it usually when I go out, and it awakens the euphoria in me. Its sexy and powerfull!

milena

The dry down is absolutely wonderful, sensual and romantic. Pity about the top notes.

Aalia
Aalia

Whew, that was a close call! Something was ruining it for me. In the opening the caraway and thyme were sour..but that was the first day, the first hour. I tried it again, testing it the next day, and that effect diminished to only five minutes, and I could then enjoy all the gorgeous notes I was looking forward to.

I cannot detect the orange flower or heliotrope in the top notes, the perfume seems to run ahead to the middle and base notes. The thyme and caraway are potent, but thatś the excellent spicy part, wich this perfume cannot go without. The iris is barely there, it can't compete with the sharp spices here. The vanilla adds a slightly edible and softly sweet touch, wich keeps the compostion from being too masculine, too serious. The musk, insense, and sandalwood, all meld together, and itś quite sensual. I am happy to have not noticed any leather notes coming on too strong. The perfume is powerful, pungent, and -resinous- in the first two hours of wear, and then begins to fade, and measureably mellows; changing into a subtle sexy tone, wich one must lean in close to observe...

Taliera
Taliera

"How bad could it be?" I thought, spraying it on my skin. Once lovely and exotic on paper, when it hit my skin the herbs turned bitter and the spices became like Indian food. Over time, bad went to worse, and it interfered with the other perfumes I was testing. I found the same problem with Alexander McQueen "Kingdom", which was nice on paper, but really did not suit my skin. Particularly cumin - which is my favourite spice on food, but on skin it turns grotty.

MoietToi
MoietToi

This is a very grown up,sophisticated and rich scent. Very warm and inviting. It's not at all sweet or little girlish. No,no this scent is for a bold,confident and smart sharp buisness woman. I would like to be able to wear this but I can't since it is way too heavy for me. However I have decided to buy it for my Mum with her Birthday coming up. Since she suits the profile of the sharp,elegant and academic woman who could be seen wearing the perfume.

ammisa
ammisa

I had this perfume before , and now my bottle is finish, i almost forgot why i got it in the first place so i went to the department store for a "sniff" and i had to get the bottle!!!

master_Shaiki
master_Shaiki

I think it's attractive and I will buy one for my girl friend

Eros
Eros

I think that is "the scent of healthy wealthy blondie". While it has scent of "image of milk + honey", it has also an "image of something very expensive clothes or leather". You can not identify "leather" smell here, but "image of leather" exists.
Well balanced, scent is "solid". Sounds like very exclusive and yes, very, VERY expensive.
After 2-3 hours milk+honey componenta is becoming less strong, and sweety "floral" componenta dominates.
I found nothing "masculine" in it at all.
Suitable for *skilled* women. Especially I recommend it for blondies as it sounds like natural scent of blondie girl's skin.
I would prefer it over newer "GUCCI BY GUCCI" (too strong "leather" - like scent).

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very interesting incense-leathery smell combined with flowers. I think there's something common with Bvlgari Jasmin Noir. Very intensive and loud top and middle notes, but dry-down is very soft and feminine. Has good lasting power. Not for me though.
***
I find it very pleasant after a while. Leather + sweet flowery smell. Very nice.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

This is missing something for me. All I get are pencil shavings! Doesn't seem to develop on my skin at all (maybe the bottle is old?). None of the exotic incense - nothing. What a shame. It's not an offensive scent, just doesn't move me.

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

Interesting, warm, very `dense`in a sort of 1970-ish hippieway; bit inscence and spice-like.
For when you feel like being noticed for the scent you are wearing as well.

Starts as a bright fragrance with loads of fruit and thick white orange blossom, but cumin soon invades and never goes away. Cumin is sharp and sometimes 'sweaty' and it is just too much in this formulation. Try before you buy.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Rebella, it issues me, that I am usual woman, not femme fatale, but since Gucci edp so very adjust for my skin and I feel in them excellently, maybe I'm in error;)It's fine spicy - oriental, warm and simultaneously sharp smell. I like in it notes of sweet thyme, sharp caraway,bitter almonds and beautiful , warm incense. Gucci edp says: I am sound, strong, magic. In classic notion, not pretty, but very, very original. These perfume have seduced me and maybe seduced not only me.

rebella
rebella

Do you feel like a femme fatale? Or do you want to feel like a femme fatale? Then Gucci Eau de Parfum may be the answer. It is sofisticated, mysterious and somewhat cold. It got a distance in it, something in the fragrance makes you come to it, rather than the other way around. The basenotes are sexy, lingering and very comfortable. Longlasting and you will be noticed, but still this is not a loud or overwhelming perfume, just on the right side for being intriguing and charming.

Really like it and I recommend it, for certain if you like woody, sexy fragrances with incense.

amanda
amanda

i didnt like it first when i smelled it years before, but now i smelled it again and wow, maybe they changed it somehow, or the changes happened to me, but now i just like it, i dont say i like it more than edp2, but its very pleasant feminine, and elegant

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I agree with Sensous. Medicinal? You guys must be smelling a different perfume. This is sweet, spicy, beautiful. I get lots of compliments when I wear it. Har to find, nowadays ... unfortunately.

hydrangea
hydrangea

Warm & warm, like to wear in winter.

Sensuos
Sensuos

Verry interesting fragrance!
Sweet (not in the bag way), spicy, attractive, warm and sensual!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Yes, there is something a bit medicinal about this one. It's an intimate skin type scent with many sweet herbal notes. It's one I owned then got bored of quite quickly. The body lotion, was barely scented as well.

MontanaNose
MontanaNose

Smooth, creamy, unsweet but soft, not dominated by the florals. Definitely a good nuzzling scent, and one which I receive many compliments while wearing.

doroula
doroula

I could never really understand the fuss over this one. Smells like a medicine-syrup and I can't find anything inviting and attractive in this one. Sorry.

caribou55313
caribou55313

This is a surprisingly soft skin scent on me: dusky, spicy and warm, very mellow.

jeca
jeca

I love it so much! The perfume for a self-confident and clever woman, charming and kind.

2007

Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci 4.10 out of 5 based on 792 ratings and 144 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.