Designers » F-H » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Gucci No.1 Gucci for women

Gucci No.1 Gucci for women
dislike

Gucci No.1 Gucci for women Pictures Gucci No.1 Gucci for women Pictures Gucci No.1 Gucci for women Pictures

No.1 Gucci perfume, a classic, was launched in 1974. It was developed by the perfumer Guy Robert, who infused it with flowers, greens and aldehydes. The composition opens with aldehydes, bergamot, lemon, geranium, hyacinth, green notes and rose wood. The heart features notes of carnation, heliotrope, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose, neroli, ylang-ylang, lilac, orchid and iris. The base is made of patchouli, amber, oakmoss, benzoin, cedar, musk, sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla and tonka bean.

It is available as EDP.

Geranium Hyacinth Palisander Rosewood Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Aldehydes Green Notes

Carnation iris Jasmine Neroli Ylang-Ylang Heliotrope Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Lilac Orchid

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Benzoin Tonka Bean Vanille

Gucci No.1 Fragrance Reviews

muskymoi
muskymoi

Delicate but strong; feminine but balllsy; 1980s shoulder pads but classic; discontinued but found in an antique shop.

Migalex
Migalex

Maybe I am too subjective in here, because I have worn this svent for almost three decades and at that time I did not know nearly as many fragrances as I do today. Whatever the reason, I love this fragrance. I do not usually like carnation that much, which is to me the most preeminent note in this fragrance, but here, although very obvious and as noticeable as in other famous carnation fragrances or even more, it is used in a very good balance from my viewpoint with the other notes. Its scent goes and comes, and, at the breaks, lets you smell fully the round full sweet side of this fragrance, to me achieved mostly from jasmine and amber. It also smells a lot of cedarwood, whose scent mixes up very tightly with carnation. Also, this fragrance is really strong and powerful, everyone in a room wil notice it, and has excellent silage and staying power. Well, it was created at a time when eau de parfum really meant what it is supposed to mean. Guy Robert really created masterpieces. I have owned for decades all his three to me main fragrances, Madame Rochas, Caleche and Gucci nº 1. It is a pity it has been discontinued, although some five years ago I still found a bottle in a London Chemist.

Avoria
Avoria

This is a truly wonderful, classis scent. It is almost heartbreaking to know that Gucci has decided to stop make this one - when it's such a pearl.

My boyfriend always refers to soap when I wear it, classic, old French soap. I didn't like that at first but now I've come to understand that it's more a compliment then a degradation as I first took it. Now I come to think of the classic parfumeries in Paris, late 1700 and the French court every time that I smell it.

If you have a bottle, cherish it because this will be a curiosity to have in your collection in near future.

nero77
nero77

They don't make them like this ANY more! This is what Gucci really is for people who remember the name and the brand. Very woody and slightly (sickly) floral. But at the same time warm and gives off a floral, almost herbal type vibe. This stuff is brilliant. Truly... They do NOT make them like this any more! (Which is a shame... A real shame). If you find this or have a bottle. Please, SAVOUR it. Make it last while you can. This is how real ladies used to smell like. Not like today's designer fragrance disasters.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This is perfume artistry, so elevated compared to Gucci by Gucci or Gucci Rush. It is easy to just think "oh that's pretty" but then the complexity of the ingredients keeps bringing more. I'll have to wear it more to have a review that does this justice.

Addendum:

I have a LOT of scents, so it has been a while since I wrote this. I wore it again today, and the first application as I said before was "pretty". It seemed very floral and kind of Joy/Fidji/Anais Anais-ish. The scent would be kind of on my periphery and then dissipate when I tried to get a good sniff. Then, after lunch I reapplied my vintage edp, spraying a bit more, not a lot. Same bottle, mind you. It was like putting on a different scent! All of a sudden the herbal/green/woodiness flowed forth and enveloped me in majesty! Now a few hours later, I have some of each the floral and the woody quality. Oh yeah, this is a real masterpiece, alright.

ericrico
ericrico

I don't typically review women's scents, but this is an epic masterpiece. With the passing of Guy Robert just two days ago on May 28th, I wanted to say that this is a bottle of amazing quality - a masterpiece and timeless beauty. While classified as a "Floral Aldehyde" - it is stunningly deep, rich and full of earthy and wood notes. Oakmoss, patchouli, amber, cedar, musk and a benzoin/vanilla base further enhanced by tonka bean. So deep and warm. The color of the Eau de Parfum in a 60ml spray I bought for my wife is bronze and all the notes are true to form. It is closer in color to Guy Robert's 1970 masterpiece he created for Hermes in Equipage (4 years earlier) than his bottling of Gucci Pour Homme Original just two years later...a chypre.

Now, while I am adventurous in scent and adore his 1976 creation - a masterpiece for men! - there is a part of me that believes this scent with it gorgeous base notes and integrated oriental tones and depth could possibly be worn by a confident, classic man! I have floral scents for men that are far less rich as this and could easily be worn by my wife. While I believe this is perfection in scent made for a confident and elegant woman of taste - understand that this plays off Carl Jung's archetypes of both Dynamic Feminine and a strong presence of Static Masculine in the base notes that could easily rise to the forefront. It smells as good today as it did nearly 40 years ago - and, perhaps in comparison to so many scents that are not nearly as well-composed...even better. Timeless. Just like a piece by Bach, or Chopin - does it ever sound "dated"? No, it is classic...as is this fragrance.

I see this as a centerpiece for a woman's collection - it is chic, amazingly elegant and gorgeously rich. Not for the faint of heart. Age appropriate is 30's to 60's, but it is how a woman carries herself and her aire of sophistication that will allow her to adorn this fragrance. This is a confident Woman's scent that is never going to be out of style - like Monsieur Robert's Pour Homme bottling...you must wear this proper or it will wear you.

10/10. Masterpiece.

Exleftcoastgirl

Miss Guerlain: Oh, you lucky girl! I have some Calandre hard-milled soap, shower gel, body lotion, and eau de parfum. Part of me wants to treasure it forever, and part of me says, "why not enjoy it now?"

Hellokt
Hellokt

I'm not sure about this one yet. I just got a vintage bottle of it--never before opened--and I was VERY eager to try it out on me. Gucci 1 is definitely designed for a woman. That said, I'm still trying to decide if it's for me. It has a very strong, decisive signature & I'm not sure which notes are the ones that define it. For me, it really is the aldehydes, cedar, geranium and carnations.

Gucci 1 has a way of making an imprint on that part of your mind where memories are stored. I can still smell it precisely even though it's a recent discovery for me; isn't that what is so amazing about classic vintage perfumes!! This is a main reason why we love fragrance isn't it?

This would go well with a mediterranean style palacial estate.

Lilyofthevalley5
Lilyofthevalley5

I used to wear only this and when it could not be found anywhere in retail, low and behold - I found it @ Epcot Center Italy!!!

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Exleftcoastgirl: yes this is correct!! You own this perfume. So do i, in a set of edp, a soap and EXTRAIT. :)

Exleftcoastgirl

Let me start out by stating, "I think I have this perfume." My bottle, which I bought in 1980 or 1981, is rectangular, has the green and red "webbing" near the bottom of the bottle, and calls itself GUCCI eau de parfum. There is no horse bit or double-G insignia. Instead, there is an escutcheon or coat of arms. The color of the perfume is dark yellow. I have had it for 30 years, and it still smells fantastic.

Gucci No.1 by Gucci 4.39 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci No.1 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci No.1, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci No.1 by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci No.1 by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.