Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Gucci Nobile Gucci for men

Gucci Nobile Gucci for men
dislike

Gucci Nobile by Gucci is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Gucci Nobile was launched in 1988. Top notes are rosemary, lavender, tarragon, nutmeg flower, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, carnation, green notes, balsam fir, jasmine, rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Rosemary Lavender Tarragon Nutmeg Flower Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Carnation Green Notes Balsam Fir Jasmine Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Gucci 3

Gucci Nobile Fragrance Reviews

The_MiBo
The_MiBo

Ah, my brother bought me this for Christmas when I was around 17. I didn't know anything about perfume in those days apart from whether I liked it or not. And I loved it, even though it is a more mature mans scent. And no doubt I oversprayed!

Wish they would bring it back.

HomerID
HomerID

I just joined this site for the sole purpose to add this review about Gucci Nobile. I wear nothing else. I have been wearing it since its introduction in '88 and the comments I get are inspiring. I truly never believed in a fragrance increasing your chances in luck with the ladies...until this little gem! I believe it contains pheromones which spark a woman's interest and I can attest to its success rate. Every lover I've been with since using it has commented how they can still smell me on them after they've gone home and how much they wanted me all over again. I'm not making this up! It has been discontinued and has entered vintage status which means you'll pay a premium, even for a 1/4 of an oz. I'm bidding all over the place to keep this fragrance in my possession. I'd recommend any single male giving it a try and doing the same! Nuff said.

Descartes
Descartes

Bring it back!It's a shame this is discontinued. The best Gucci and the best fougere ever made. I regret I did not buy a few back up bottles but I could not figure out in a million years it was going to vanish forever and ever...so painful....

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Gucci Nobile is a, well, noble scent in fact, classic and refined, a herbal-mossy fougère with a dense and dark oak moss and tobacco base, smoky and classy, fairly spicy and completed by a classic masculine chypre accord (lavender, carnation, aldehydes...). Beautiful, understated, everlasting smoky-woody-spicy drydown. So classic it's almost ordinary: the quality and the elegance are out of question, but frankly it does not smell particularly different from several other equally good ones masculine scents of the '70s/'80s. Anyway, comparisons aside, surely a quality and elegant fragrance, still perfectly wearable and modern.

dannygirlworld
dannygirlworld

This was the most incredible man's perfume ever! I can't believe is discontinued, just like the best fragrances... Please, please, please: Bring it back!
I gave this to my brother many years back and he will use it, then return it. Then ask for it back (back and forth!)... Was undecided until he totally fell in love with it! Now he is sorry that we can't find it!

dolcethadon

Oh by the way if anybody happens to have an empty one ounce bottle with a cap or just the cap let me know.. I have a one ounce bottle with a tiny bit left but no cap and I have OCD about those things..

dolcethadon

I was able to finish my quest of hunting down the original Gucci Pour Homme (1976) and Gucci Nobile.. I finally got my hands on a tiny tiny bit of Gucci Nobile.. Here is my first impression of Nobile : Woah! Strong blast of citrus, lavender, and tons of rosemary and tarragon! It smells fresh, clean, and green but it does warm up and it does have a bit of a dirty side to it to.. There is a herbal aspect of Nobile that is a bit shocking to my senses, it may take time for me to get use to this.. This is great quality but very old school masculine and very mature! I may be able to get use to this but I doubt those around me will..

danshobiz
danshobiz

Was there ever a better-named fragrance?

This is upward mobility in a bottle. Citrus and lavender, backed by a garden full of spices and flowers, and an aromatic drydown of vetiver and genuine, pre-regulation oakmoss that engulf the fortunate user. This was the prototype, the classic template for fougere colognes, but none have outdone the original. So green. So classy. So damn Italian.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Why does everyone call stuff that goes back several decades ago...a classic?
Gucci Noble isn't just a classic...this juice is UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING which was given to us by the fragrance Gods!
I owned a 75ml bottle when it first came out, after many year's later, I still find this fragrance a really desirable fragrance.
The top notes of bergamot/tarragon with a floral note of cyclamen and rose make it an aromatic scent which curls my partner's toes....:)))
The mid and base notes of Amber, musk, sandalwood, oakmass, cedar, patchouli and finally tonka bean come together beautifully elevating this fragrance with a warm/sweet and woodsy aroma which makes this fragrance a really MASTERPIECE!!!
Longevity and Silage are both very high quality lasting well past 10hrs on my skin.
Overall opinion,
The house of Gucci stands for quality which explains why so many desire Gucci products and not just the name. Noble is a very dark SOPHISTICATED fragrance which craves attention when your wearing it. There isn't a day that goes by without any giving me complements on how sexy this frag smells on me.
Rating this frag is hands down nothing short of PERFECTION...10/10...★★★★★. I absolutely ♥♥♥♥♥ this fragrance. Bravo Gucci...too bad it's not available anymore.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Simply amazing. Probably the best all round fougere ever. Impressive quality and performance. Just grab it if you are enough lucky to get it.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Add me to the list of those who mourn the loss of this gorgeous male scent. It is difficult for me to describe this fragrance without sounding somewhat cheesy, but I will risk it because at the time I first knew of this fragrance, I was still a young belle of 22, so it is forgivable.

This fragrance gave to mind of belonging to a determined man who had class, assertiveness, yet underneath his cool exterior, there was an ongoing pulse of raw sexual energy. I dated such a man who was older than me but had the characteristics that matched the fragrance itself. I realized even more that fragrances do have a way of becoming "signature" and when on the right person, it is like adding that missing piece of a puzzle which brings together ALL the elements that make an already memorable person even more so.

I do wish that Gucci would relaunch this and keep it on the shelves. It is one of their masterpieces that deserves recognition and shouldn't have been allowed to fade in the first place. Perfect fougere with perfect sillage and generous longevity. I'm glad enough that I got to experience it. It was sexy and classy.

This is very nicely done and if you like fougere accords this could be your "Holy Grail" scent. And while it is a bit "soapy," it's also light, relative to similar ones. I just can't seem to enjoy fougere accords unless they are very weak, and that's not the case here. I prefer scents where there is another element to play off the fougere accord, but here the other notes seem to support it, though in a light, aromatic/green kind of way. This is also a little musky, but there's no animalic quality.

kidkidblau
kidkidblau

Nobile, one of the most beautiful scents that never have been created, I think this is the most beautiful natural perfume in the world, there is nothing so beautiful among the niche fragrances, I love it, it's a unique scent.
10, cause it's..... Perfect!

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
گوچی نوبل در زمان خودش عطر خیلی خوشبویی محسوب می شد اما انگار زمانه همه چیزش دگرگون شده است زیرا که خیلی از کارهای خوشبوی قدیمی را بسیاری به صرف اینکه زمانش گذشته است مصرف نمی کنند؟! در حالی که بوی خوش یکی از آن چیزهایی است که زمان آنرا کهنه نمی سازد و قدیمی نمی شود مگر بوی مشک و عنبر و گلاب و گلهای بهاری و یاس در طول سالیان کهنه می شود ؟ تمامی عطرهای دنیا از همان چند نت اصلی همانند مشک و عنبر و سدر و غیره تا گیاهان دارویی و ادویه جات ساخته می شوند
پس یادمان باشد که اگر از عطر پورانوم یا جاز و یا لاگرل فیلد کلاسیک خوشمان می آمده است و آنها را دوست داریم بازهم از آنها استفاده نماییم
خاطره است و دنیایی از نوستالوژیک
با احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

pronose

why gucci stopped the production of this great scent???? sometimes i ask of myself if they are not morons whom run the house of gucci!

Bbjr
Bbjr

I just received my first bottle of Nobile in 20 years. What can I say that hasn't been said. This is, hands down, one of the greatest men's fragrances ever created. I wish I could explain the notes I'm smelling but I guess that's not my strength. All I know is my nose tells me this is a pure masterpiece. This one sits atop Rush and Envy.

Lou E Lov
Lou E Lov

The BEST, plain and simple!!!!!

pavillionofroses
pavillionofroses

I live in Uruguay, there is a hotel El Mirador in Colonia del Sacramento, next to the reception they sells parfums discontinued there are more than one, two I remember. if one of you gentelmens has a friend to travels here, remember it.

zkryat
zkryat

This is the best fragrance in history

pronose

Why do they discontinue the greats? never been paired since! Gucci must re launch this timeless classic once again! miss nobile so much! shame on gucci!

mynameischarlie

One of my favorite spring Gucci scents--I still have some in the small 2 oz bottle my aunt gave me when I was a little boy. If you ever want something that smells very close to this but don't want to pay $400 on Ebay, but a $12 bottle of Caeser's World or an even closer but more expensive alternative is Cartier Pasha.

Adamantw
Adamantw

This is a Masterpiece, Best Gucci of History, 10/10

dzxmjf
dzxmjf

This is still my all time favorite scent. Drakkar Noir 2nd. I still have a few 2 & 4 oz bottles left and use it for special occasions. Gucci needs to bring this back 4 sure. Always get lots of compliments when I wear it. Must go well with my chemestry ? Never have found a replacement for this one.....everytime I do shop for a scent ...this is the Standard I judge all scents by. It's crazy. However... Ambercrombie sells one for men called Fierce...that i wear as well. It has a similar wear quality but a diferent pleasing scent. I also get compliments on.

nemesis76
nemesis76

I still have this rare cologne after it was discontinued many years ago. How was I able to obtain it for free? Well my dad is not a big fan of any cologne but yet he received Nobile as a gift from a relative! He rarely wore it so as a kid I would sneak into my parents room and spray a few dashes on me and I would be off to middle school smelling like an old school pimp! Later my mom would whip my ass for wearing my dads cologne saying I was to young to wear that stuff...and she was right haha! I finally took the bottle with me when I started college.

My impression as I am typing up this review and sniffing Gucci Nobile at the same time...I smell a citrus blend with a touch of herbs laid out on a wooden plate. Its nice its not offensive and yet it stands out quite strong inside a room. Compliments are a welcome addition as you make your way from one lady to another! Oh yea this reeks old school pimp haha! Its elegant and if it was still available today at a department store it would still hold its ground against other popular fragrances.

I rarely wear it because I like to brag that I own half a bottle and even though its not the best... it still brings back memories of a time when it meant the world to me. If you happen to come across Gucci Nobile buy it and go make yourself some new memories with it.

8 out of 10

s3lo

عطري المميز من بدايات انتاجه ولا زلت احتفظ بعلبة 5 مللي جديدة الرائحة فواحة جدا ومنعشة وتثبت في المكان الذي تمر منه رائحة البرغموت مع اكليل اكليل الجبل و الفتيقر واضحة جداتكلمت عن هذا العطر وانه عطري المفضل في احد المنتديات وهو موجود الى الان عام 2001 ت

mynameischarlie

I once had a bottle of this. It smelled pretty good (7/10 for scent), it lasted very well and had great projection (for some reason the ones that smell decent or less often do). The main problem I had with the scent is it had so many other fragrances that it smelled very similar to--Caesars Man is almost an exact copy minus a lime note and Cartier Pasha for men isn't far behind and Drakkar reminds me of it.

Cheadle
Cheadle

At first sight.. Green Juice in the bottle..... Maculinity plus authority in a bottle...my territory. I was lucky to grab the last 125ml bottle in a corner shop, I did'nt realise it at the time so I greedily "wolfed" it down thinking I could easily go back for another. That was nine years ago. Even on my travels I have yet to come across another bottle. Lucky me...at least I still got the memories.

jayscotch34
jayscotch34

If i could pick any scent to take to my grave, you're looking at it. Why do they discontinue the greats? (sad face)

MrMookie
MrMookie

Too funny i had this scent back in the early nineties and i bought i cheap (100 ml for a very low price)if i hsee the prices n ow asked for it (300 $)
I liked it but i cannot remember the whole pallete of ingredients i did liked it but it was a very mature cologne. a sophisticated upperclas scent, i need to resmell it someday in a way...

bp
bp

Highly recommended.
Hard to find.
Based best in men over 40 years of age.
But it also has plenty of style for a young man who has a strong presence and impressive.
I'll never forget the smell of perfume.
Family keepsakes.

Grottola
Grottola

Such a unique, rounded scent that I can't quite describe offhand, Gucci Nobile is a hidden gem that will grow on you easily if you give it a chance.

Gucci Nobile is most definitely an aromatic fougère in the style of Drakkar Noir, but it's much more refined and enjoyable. What captivates me the most is the green, herbal lavender-rosemary-tarragon accord in the top complimented by patchouli. The lavender has a "foody", "cakey" feel to it, the same sort of smell I've detected before in lavender-dominant scents like Hypnose Homme by Lancome and Rive Gauche Pour Homme. Right out of the sprayer, I get a BEAUTIFUL sweet green accord that I've honestly never smelled before in a fragrance. There's also a brown, dry tobacco note in there that isn't smoky at all. As Gucci Nobile descends into the drydown, it gets deeper and darker, at times crossing paths with the green, spicy tobacco of Aramis Havana, or (dare I say it) the rugged, oily leather of Patou Pour Homme. However, Gucci Nobile manages to maintain this fougère character all by itself and it stays that way for a while - the stuff has amazing longevity.

I can't help but feel that all the inexpensive, wildly popular aromatic fougeres of the past were all trying to be like this. Gucci Nobile was the prime target. Brut laid the foundation, Drakkar Noir presented the idea (it got sort of close), but Gucci Nobile perfected the aromatic fougère with an intricate balance between lavender, green notes, and herbs. A perfect, comforting fougère with everything in its right place had been achieved...

...But alas, Nobile was doomed from the start. By the time Drakkar Noir was the poster boy of 80's masculines, the aromatic fougère genre said "Fuck this, I'm tired of the same ol' same ol'..." and went in the direction of Green Irish Tweed, Cool Water, Eternity, and so on. Just like Bon Scott died just as AC/DC was reaching their apex of popularity, Gucci Nobile (and Patou Pour Homme Prive, respectively) marked the absolute perfection of the aromatic fougère genre, but died too soon in a sea of trendy fragrances going in totally different directions.

Flash-forward nearly 20 years later, a little-known house by the name of Alexander da Costa creates a fragrance called "Nobile Royalty", which is extremely affordable and has people raving that it's a resurrection of Gucci Nobile.

Well, I own a bottle of Nobile Royalty, and I can say that it's VERY CLOSE, but it has a sweet, tar-like note reminiscent of a Lush store that differentiates it from Nobile. The character is there, but he's not our old friend. Nobile stuck to that aromatic fougère character through and through, representing stern, reliable masculinity.

Gucci Nobile is still out there, but it commands astronomical prices. I recommend every guy with an interest in fragrances (especially the aromatic fougère genre) should try Gucci Nobile, if only to understand what a great fragrance smells like.

As a final note, people often talk about the best fragrances in each category: e.g., Shalimar as the best oriental, or maybe Joy as the best floral. Gucci Nobile is the greatest aromatic fougère ever made, hands down.

sami1961
sami1961

verry nice parfum for love nights

I had Gucci Nobile as a gift from a good friend on Fragrantica and what a surprise! It's rapidly becoming one of my favourite non-powerhouse fragrances from the past together with Insensè, Givenchy's Vetiver and Le Troisieme Homme. AMAZING!

Gucci Nobile is a great alternative to the vulgar ostentation of opulence and to the "straight in the face" attitude of pretty popular and pretentious niche brands I won't name here. In this world dominated by "Greed" and ignorance, GN is the perfect fragrance for the laidback guy who doesn't need to shout out loud his charisma and elegance. He's self confident, cultured, mannered but not affected, generous, traditionalist but not a pharisee, aknowledged, discreet...and noble.

A CLASSIC fougère with herbaceous notes, tobacco, citruses and a slight touch of lavander that's incredibly delightful. Gucci Nobile surely deserves a place in the "classic fragrances olympus" . Sadly discontinued. I guess Frida Giannini won't hear us...

Absolutely recommended!

Rating: 9.5/10

jBoozy711
jBoozy711

wore it during my days at high school

smell herBal, it's strong
my mom loves it
i used to wear it just to wear a fragrance
i had a few Bottles like three or four
and used this to not waste the one that i used to like Better than this (swiss army)
never impressed me much and never got me compliments
it is very very very mature

a female friend Back in those high school days once told me that i smell like her father lol

my Bottle is getting to it's end, dayum it lasted a long long time, when i used to wear it ,it was aBout 6 or 7 years ago

right now that im smelling it, its kinda getting my attention

pcolamar
pcolamar

I know what I am going to ask is an impossible question, do not shut me but, as a desperate lover of Gucci Nobile whose last bottle is going to finish very soon, I am looking for fragrances that are as close as possible to Nobile.

I have tried some (e.g.: Gucci by Gucci), but this way it would take ages, I am not an expert in parfumes or fragances so I do not know how to do a backword search starting from the Nobile's notes I can read on top of this page and find other fragrances that contain some of them.
In essence, I am trying to circle down to maybe 10 candidate to start buying and trying them

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

افضل واروع عطر على الاطلاق

The best and most wonderful fragrance ever

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I use to own this frag, & while this is not my style, I can say that I appreciate the development of the structure of this frag. It is very much so a powerhouse 80's scent! Not for the weak of heart! Greens & lemon smell alright I suppose for that time. This is a mature mans cologne... But anyone who can pull it off would b fine. I am not 1 of those people.

cartman_
cartman_

@daniel delouv,

thanks a lot for the info about gucci 'nobile~-alexander de casta 'nobile royalty .

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

What a sin that this wonder of a fragrance was discontinued. I remember luxuriating in this lovely green elixir and receiving endless compliments. It is like losing a dear friend. Why Gucci, oh why did you do this to your fans?!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Right out of the gate it let's you know this is no wall flower. Top notes are strong and assertive. After the initial citrus blast it settles down nicely into the middle notes (love the balsam fir) and then glides into the the base notes (nice cedar). For me this is a year round wear (holds up in Winter and frefreshing in the Summer). May be from the late Eighties but certainly not dated. A pleasure to wear and always gets a nice reception from ladies.

guest_Iman
guest_Iman

its like white linnen on a woman the only
frag t be on a man.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

It's a shame this is discontinued. The only time I wore this was when I was over my friend's place - he had an almost-empty bottle of it - and I'd give it a spritz every now and again. Never regretted it, either. This is a very pleasant, deep cologne, a good dive into all kinds of greens and beautiful wood notes. Nobile is a man's cologne, without succumbing to the stereo-typical musky/leathery/spicy formula of other scents from its era. This definitely would be appealing to women who happen to be in your zone. Nice longevity, nice packaging, and just nice all around.

andy
andy

great rich aroma its a full bodied scent and i strongly reccomend it this is very elegant and refined and totally hip

guest_pepy
guest_pepy

is one of the most beautiful masculin fragrance in the world...Be sure of that.

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

go to ebayer jf1528 this guy got a lot and is a serious business mam.but be prepared for the prices this is one of the most wanted and rare frag

Castor
Castor

Overpowering top notes found in fragrances launched in the 1980s headed by bergamot notes, a common attribute among fragrances launched in the 1990s - why am I thinking of CK's Eternity?.

Excellent longevity and sillage. This makes of Nobile a very complex fragrance, something that is beyond my comprehension since I havn't got the time to study it.

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

Gucci Nobile is in the top 2 of my all-time favorite fragrances. Issey Miyake being the other. I have been buying Nobile since it was first released. Once I walked into a department store going out of business and found a 4oz bottle for $20...you know I snatched it up in a heartbeat! heheh Weird that the description mentions lemon scent, I've always noticed a top note of lime. I always get compliments when wearing Nobile. It has a nice masculine scent, not overpowering. I find it to be a very romantic fragrance.

Gucci Nobile by Gucci 4.45 out of 5 based on 204 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Nobile fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Nobile, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Nobile by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Nobile by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.