Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Gucci Oud Gucci for women and men

Gucci Oud Gucci for women and men
dislike

oud
Gucci Oud Gucci for women and men Pictures Gucci Oud Gucci for women and men Pictures

The new version of the Gucci by Gucci fragrance from 2007, also known as Gucci Ambre, is following the trend of the oud-orientals and is named Gucci Oud. The perfume comes out in July of 2014 and it is announced as a unisex fragrance that is glamorous, opulent and mysterious. Rich and intense, the composition contains essence of oud from Laos, which is 100% natural.

The opening accords include pear, raspberry and saffron. The heart captures essences of Bulgarian rose and orange blossom, followed by the oriental base of oud, patchouli, amber and musk.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum at the price of 102 and 137 Euros.

Pear Saffron Raspberry

Bulgarian Rose Orange Blossom

Agarwood (Oud) Patchouli Amber Musk

Gucci by Gucci Eau de Parfum

Gucci Oud Fragrance Reviews

victoriasviews
victoriasviews

I finally found my new signature scent in this perfume. I used to wear the Gucci EDP (the brown one in the clear glass bottle), but it was discontinued and it's very hard to find now.

After a 2 year hunt, I happened upon what I had been missing - a strong, oriental female fragrance.

It is marketed as unisex, but I'd find it difficult to imagine a man wearing it. It's a bit on the heavy side, but definitely still within the female range.

The fragrance makes me feel sexy and confidence, and the Oud smell is so unique that to most people it's quite intoxicating. I've used two bottles of it now, and find it suits me as a strong signature scent and you can smell it for days afterwards..maybe even weeks. It definitely lingers - my now-ex-boyfriend used to say he could smell me for days afterwards in his car.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

This perfume reminds me of a man, a man who lives by double standards and is both the most attentive and the most insufferably arrogant person on earth. He never listens to the others' opinions and never says sorry even when he is. The life of this man is pervaded by mistrust and he is unable to realize that people do grow fond of other people - that's inevitable. It happens, not because people wanna take advantage of him, but just because there is a real human connection. And Love. I love Gucci Oud.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

To be frank, I expected more from this one. It's okay, but not lovable.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This was enjoyably surprising. When I first smelled it, I instantly thought of the original Gucci by Gucci for women because of its similar fruity notes. On first spray, you immediately get the oud note with pear and raspberry notes. It subsides in a few minutes to reveal a woody rose in perfect pitch with the oud. At this point it reminds me of Arabic oud mixtures, less geranium which can make it very high pitched and overly stringent. No problem here however. I'm a fan of rose notes which puts me in the minority of contemporary perfume lovers who seem to equate rose scents to dear old grandma.

With a lot of oud scents, Arabic and Western versions, the oud tends to overpower and take over everything. It becomes insistent and to me, rather irritating. I start to feel worn out by the oud. Gucci's oud stays around, but doesn't start to smell sharp or too dry. It keeps its gentle pace and lingers subtly.

Overall though, I still think it smells like GbG, though lifted because of the oud's woody and resinous nature, where GbG becomes a sweet juicy ambery "new chypre" concoction.

Marketed as unisex, it teeters towards feminine IMO, so men might step back a little in wearing this because of its floralcy and sweetness. The scent doesn't seem to go big and permeate a room, but stays close. A great go to when I care for something floral.

erkek
erkek

Victorious oud. I don't like oud usually but exception this.

For winter autmn;

Long: 8,5/10
Sillage: 9,5/10

ticalica
ticalica

The first 30 minutes to one hour are a beautiful sweaty rose trapped in a moist plastic container with the dew drops slightly turning sour in a pretty manner. However after this passing phase, it is as if you have just sprayed the original Gucci by Gucci (brown bottle with the same shape)
I did not enjoy the original because it had a sharp quality that would cause mild headaches but is bearable and interesting on others.

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

An interesting long lasting scent with a lot of depth.
However, this should not be marketed as unisex in my opinion, it's just too feminine, I can't ever picture me wearing it again.
On women I would find very attractive as there is a certain classiness to it.

speqx
speqx

I love it, I'm enticed by these oudy, oriental fragrance. When I smell this I smell opulence & ceremony although I do feel it's more of a women's fragrance & Gucci Intense Oud is more of a man's fragrance

ellina1984
ellina1984

Oud at the top, heady, spicy, woody, slightly sour. The heart is where the rose comes in, but it is like rose petals, innocent and pretty, floating in a sea of wood and spice. I think this belongs in the same category as my beloved Prada l' eau ambree and Sensuous noir.

Cobray
Cobray

So in all honesty can MEN pull this off?? I wanna blind buy it but if it smells too much like womens perfume Im gunna be bumped

Dark-X
Dark-X

This is feminine. Very feminine.

This is more "floral oriental" or "floral spicy" than "oriental woody".

It is a nice smell but not very suitable for men.

What really makes it worse is the ridiculously expensive price.

A disappointing interpretation of oud from Gucci in the current oud frenzy.

PS: this a fantastic floral smell for women! it's a killer romantic fragrance for women

Martin__
Martin__

Not at all creative nor innovative for a perfume, but let me tell you something.

Next to Gucci PH II, it's the only Gucci that smells natural, without, more or less pronounced, synthetic accord. The rose here is really beautiful. Until I've sniffed this fragrance, I thought the best rose in the mainstream genre is Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir. But the thing with d'Un Soir is that rose presented there is kinda' to jammy for my taste. This smells like plenty, thousands, millions of rose petals cascading from the air. And I mean it. Ok, we have a jammy moment here - right after it's sprayed on the skin, you can feel the jammy raspberry. But after 15 minutes it's gone.Luckilly, it's not too oudy when it dries down, the oud here is like a woody backbone to the whole fragrance.

Longevity is solid, over 10 hours on my skin, projection is rather moderate.

It should be cheaper though, it doesn't deserve the niche pricing.

TheMan McEssien
TheMan McEssien

Here's my problem. Any Oud fragrance that is marketed as "unisex" has either rose, saffron, vanille, raspberry, and all that jazz. This is one reason I feel such Oud fragrances are synthetized and emasculated. By this, the perfumer is flirting with the idea of having both sexes have fun (original oud from the Middle East is worn by men). Being an Oud-conscious cologne collector, I won't get this (Gucci Oud). But I could get Oud Wood, Tobacco Oud (Tom Ford), Oud Oriental (S. T. Dupont), Black Aoud (Montale), Bois D'Oud (Perris Monte Carlo) and of course Interlude (Amouage)! The aforementioned colognes are remarkably masculine scents that would suit my olfactive personality! And to make matters seemingly worst, Gucci is offering me a 50-75ml flacon of amorphous synthetized oud! Well, guys mail me if there's "Gucci Guilty Black Oud Pour Homme" in at least 90ml, EDP! Ok. Nevermind. Thanks!

Mr. TomFordHermessence
Mr. TomFordHermessence

Decided to stop off at Bloomingdales to hunt down & sniff Gucci's latest creation "Gucci Oud". It's well put together with many subtle notes of raspberry, saffron, rose, orange notes, white floral lilly-like with a synthethic musk-amber-oud hiding in the background. Yep, you guessed it; synthesized artificial "oud-amber-musk". After applying a single-squeeze on my inner wrist (no rubbing it in) it last for about 5hours which isn't bad for the price. It's not a horrible fragrance, although if you're a guy with thoughts of getting Gucci Oud blindly without smelling; the notes are slightly sweet, fruity, and floral while presenting a synthethic oud/musk/Amber as mentioned. Not worth retail price which was $135 for 2.5oz/75mL EDT. However it is made in a 1.7oz/50mL EDP for $110, but I doubt the overall notes would change. It's not bad, not horrible, but in my opinion this would fit best on a lady for a movie/dinner/office/fall/spring/winter.

samira1981
samira1981

My favourite perfume is Gucci by Gucci Edp and I am surprised that some of you find Gucci Oud very similar to that. These two are VERY different to my nose. Gucci by Gucci is honey-flowery-smokey with a little bit of masculin bitterness. This one is an oud bomb with a little bit of fruity sweetness and rose.
I would not recommend it for men, I think it seems to be unisex in the first couple of minutes but grows to be very feminin in the drydown with the sweetness and the rose. It smells like a rich Arabic lady from the Gulf Bay (no offense, half of my family is from there). My husband (who is Arabic) loved it but I'm not really into oud scents so I did not really like it.

surasap1990
surasap1990

i would love to find this in winners ...

KIARA85
KIARA85

Its ok , but oud smells bad to me, so its not for me

sionnach66
sionnach66

I will precede this review by stating that I love Gucci by Gucci EDP. I found it unique, modern in a way and very classic in another.
Since Gucci by Gucci is now harder to come by, I am nose-shopping around for other perfumes I like that fill the same spot,preparing myself for yet another of my perfumes to become elusive.
I tried Oud yesterday. I like Oud perfumes, though a lot of them tend to be too dry.
I found the oud scent to come through loud and clear as a top note, though its dryness was cut down with a sweetness that reminded me a lot of the way Gucci by Gucci cuts its very masculine flavours with honey.
As time went, it reminded me more and more of Gucci by Gucci.
When I got home, I looked it up and recognized the saffron from its description on the Gucci site.
All in all, I liked it very much, though I wouldn't own both this one AND Gucci by Gucci due to their similarity.
I think I will go back to test it with one arm wearing Gucci by Gucci so I can compare them side by side and see which one I prefer.

matty64
matty64

I got a tester @ Neiman, it's very masculine on the top notes and feminine on the dry down. Has issues in the longevity dept. but the sillage is good enough. The 100 ml bottle was $134 + tax. Um, I'll pass, I've got MFK Oud.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I specifically tried this out yesterday at the Hudson's Bay and I was disappointed that this smells just like the discontinued Gucci by Gucci. There is nothing innovative here. I mean come on it's even in the same bottle as the old one! That being said, I believe this smells stronger than the original but that could be because the SA sprayed many sprays on the card itself so I'm going to have to retest and post an update. I am smelling the drydown and I have to say that it IS slightly more masculine than the original.

Save your $$$ if you have the original or look for the original discontinued sets at Winners or TJ Maxx. It's not worth forking out the extra 70$ for this even though I have to say that I am tempted myself anyway ...

henri345que
henri345que

Focusing on the profitable trend of oriental perfumes centered on the agarwood accord, Gucci launched this year what is a flanker to its Gucci by Gucci 2007 creation. I think they chose this one maybe due the unisex aura of the 2007 one, although the result is only related to the it by the bottle and the secondary notes of musk, patchouli and pear. What is central and most noticeable is the now classic combination of saffron, rose and agarwood, which few brands have fled when they launch their ouds interpretations. Throughout the composition gucci oud seems to favor on me a little bit more the saffron and oud accord seems to go in and out of focus at times during the composition. At the opening, it has something quickly Animalic and smoky, blending with the pear and raspberry aromas. It's not as easy to recognize these fruits, it seems as if they had been dipped in a vat of rose-saffron-oud accord to give a slightly fruity and sweet tonality. After the fruity notes evolve, rose and saffron share space in the heart, with the rose being a little bit sweet and without any bitter nuances and with the saffron giving it leathery, powdery and spicy aroma. Finally, Gucci Oud ends in a more woody oud without medicinal nuances, and i also get some discreet patchouly earth at this phase. At that time, it fantly brings a Tom Ford Noir Noir resemblance in the skin, as a milder version of this. Honestly, this does not add anything new to the interpretation of this type of fragrance, but is concerned about offering something that not only stay on the oud and that seems to have plenty of development and harmony on skin.

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

Nov 7/14
Just tried Gucci Oud this evening at Hudson's Bay in Canada. Very, very beautiful and molto Gucci! Opens strong and woody and approx. 30 mins later... rose and saffron unfolds with a Smokey veiling that is Oh so alluring. The underpinning is certainly Gucci by Gucci EDP with a new twist, a hint of OUD. Has a post lingering of marsala wine (laugh) leaving a feeling of coziness and deliciousness. More of an evening perfume because of its depth, although very wearable in the daytime too. Easily a signature scent. Very long-wearing. This is Gucci alright and brings back memories of Gucci in the 80's..."the prominent female" (perhaps the days of Tom Ford with Gucci). I really like Gucci Oud and will certainly purchase it for myself. Grazie GUCCI, con amore❤ .

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

لاجديد في التوليفة كبقية عطور العود التي حوت هذه المكونات

Marciu

Loved it from the first sniff. Especially the beautiful jammy rose. Along with saffron they are the most prominent notes to me untill the drydown comes. After the drydown there are three "main players" and these are rose and saffron (as before) plus oud and amber. Oud here is interesting, it's not dark nor smoky, rather woody.

Longevity is excellent on me, 10+ hours, sillage is good within 4 hours.

I'm waiting for prices to come down. Then I will be surely buying a bottle.

fmvolume
fmvolume

After having lived in the middle east and exploring many fragrances around the world in my military travels and have been exposed to Oud plenty of times. I agree with many that Gucci jumped on the bandwagon of the newest gimmick of including Oud in fragrances. I've smelled many different varieties of Oud mixed in many combinations. Westerners don't know this so of course its new and new can always be priced at a premium. I was very intrigued by this perfume and bottle and the fact that this one is labeled unisex because I really loved this bottle also so I went and got it. So far very hard to find as i'm typing this up. It was delivered to me and very excited to spray it and at first I was moved, WOW this is an amazing smell , very beautiful, but wait a minute. Why does this smell familiar? I realize looking over at the many different middle eastern oils I have of musks and oud , this perfume by Gucci isn't something new, its just repackaged. One can say all combinations of fragrances have been found and honestly todays "new" fragrances are just repackaged fragrances. The oils I bought in the middle east are cheap. They are pure perfume grade and if packaged to look expensive they would be, but they don't bullshit you. What you have here is just repackaged scent. I love it but the arabs have had these oud fragrances for the longest times and the idea of the european companies to try to get in the arab market is silly, because arabs are laughing at us for spending so much on these "oud wannabes" as I like to call them.

overall I love the smell, but I had to call it out on the bullshit.
Also I am a male, and I'll say not every guy will be able to pull this scent off.

muminek
muminek

Hi Can You recommend it for men??

Cams
Cams

This is a very pleasant surprise from Gucci(Premiere and flankers did not appeal); it's reminiscent of the original, which is a stunner, and is a wonderful combination of oud and rose. Welcome back Gucci.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I got a sample of this and I think it's more feminine than masculine.
It's quite a rich composition very warm with oud and amber.It's very well blended and yet it's nothing special.
It's very feminine with the addition of rose.
However since oud should play the main role here I can think of other much bettere scents with oud in it

O2
O2

عطر جوتشي عود أراه نسخة مقلده ومكرره من عطر ديفيد يورمان الإصدار المحدود
David Yurman Limited Edition 2011
والذي صدر عام ٢٠١١ بعبوة زجاجية لونها الداخلي بني محْمر .

جوتشي عود .. مصنف كعطر عديم الجنس لكن تغلب عليه الجينات الأنثوية !

مستوى الثبات والفوحان متوسط ..

nayesha
nayesha

Expect more from Gucci , my bf got a sample and I dislike it ... Smell lemony and it reminded me of insect killer spray .. First time I actually insult a fragrance this much ! Didn't pick up oud at all and I am a big fan of oud , This one is not for me :(

demon718
demon718

Got my hands on a sample of this and to put it simple ...Not for men at all and its not that great ...IMHO

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

Very sweet and more toward feminine side for first hour. It change to something masculine if the humidity be low or you not sweat. If humidity increase or you sweat, then the sweat scent screams again and you get stinky like a gum! Like a strawberry gum in the mouth of smoking man!

It's very pricey for its quality ..... If I was to purchase a rose oud, I prefer to spend on Dior Oud Ispanan instead. Oud Ispahan is more expensive, but the scent and quality you get from it is much more that what you get from Gucci Oud. Acqua de parma Colonia Intensa Oud is also amazing with similar price. Consider it if you want a Oud perfume ......

Longevity and sillage is better than most of the fragrances in the shop. The scent can be excellent, or it may turn to gum.

Recommend? hmmmm ...... You can smell it yourself and buy it for yourself, but do not give it to a men as a gift. For women it would be more safe .....

Marciu

And again without the info who's the nose behind this. Does P&G have something to do with it or rather they hired a perfumer (perhaps Lorenzo Villoresi) again?

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I highly doubt this is really being marketed toward men and women.. The notes look a lot more feminine than masculine and the bottle is the same as the Gucci by Gucci for women.. It does look interesting and I will try it if I ever come across it.. Gucci Oud, knew they would jump on the bandwagon, although I think they are kind of late..

acidnbase
acidnbase

nothing new here, i've smelled it and was not wowed.. another rose-oud combo that's forgettable..

April91
April91

I own this. Currently available exclusively at Dubai Duty Free. It is BEAUTIFUL!! Pricey but SO worth it!!

Marciu

Will it be an "exclusive" release available in Gucci boutiques only? Looking at the price I'm assuming it will be just like I'm saying....

Lily2911
Lily2911

Finally something more interesting after so many boring mehh scents releases !

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Oud by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Oud by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.