Designers » F-H » Chypre « Groups

Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men

Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men
dislike

Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures

Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci is a Chypre fragrance for men. Gucci Pour Homme was launched in 1976. The nose behind this fragrance is Guy Robert. Top notes are lavender, bergamot, amalfi lemon and basil; middle notes are carnation, iris, jasmine, geranium, sandalwood, patchouli, virginia cedar, spices and pepper; base notes are musk, french labdanum, oakmoss, amber, tonka bean, vanilla and leather.

Lavender Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Basil

Carnation iris Jasmine Geranium Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar Spices Pepper

Musk French labdanum Oakmoss Amber Tonka Bean Vanilla Leather

Derby

Gucci Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

Possibly the greatest chypre for men ever created. Guy Robert has created a fragrance that represents sophistication and gracefulness while still maintaining a sense of hubris. The ingredients are numerous and complex, yet the result is a smooth and astounding blending of notes rarely seen in the world of fragrances. A special treasure in my collection that will be forever cherished.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A nice, fresh, classic masculine scent from the '70s, with citrus notes, aldehydes, a mossy side of oak moss, herbs (basil), a central note of carnation, spices (quite prominent at the beginning), a light balsamic breeze all over, with an initially discreet base of vanilla, leather, tobacco. The leather accord emerges better after a while, and it's a "good old" leather one – dry, refined, spicy. To be honest I was sure I would have gone mad for this one, while instead in my opinion it's just... good. Partially because I smell honestly quite a heavy dose of pungent and almost harsh spices (they'll tone down eventually), partially because there is something that just does not work that good between leather, a sweeter base accord (vanillin and perhaps sandalwood?) and the spices, but most of all, simply because it is not that fascinating to me. It's clean, understated, pleasantly conventional, but I am afraid has nothing which can "save" it from being "just another classic masculine scent". Surely pleasant, but nothing more for me.

6,5/10

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

This vintage is classic elegance! Like very few fragrances of the citrus-patchouli direction, it also works great in winter, maybe thanks to its leather oakmoss base. Pity that the later Gucci fragrances do not reach its class. I discovered it first in 1985 in Rome, Italy, and immediately was excited from its fresh patchouli note. - 3.5 from 5 - 91P from 100 - reference patchouli.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Oh I had been so curious about this original Gucci fragrance for men.. I had been wanting to smell it for so long.. I am not sure about this but I believe that I sniffed a mini bottle of this Gucci Pour Homme in my stepdad's drawer when I was a child but the memory is to vague.. Anyways I finally got my hands on some of this, and the first impression from sniffing the cap was not so good.. It smelled to sharp and sour at first sniff, but I gave it a chance and wore it.. Oh how gorgeous it smells to me now! It was a little shocking at first because I am not use to these type of vintage scents but it just keeps getting better and better.. I will update my review of this masterpiece with a full review after I wear it again and understand it more..

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

OMG......this fragrance is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!
I agree that there's never too much elegance which is an excellent way to describe this frag. Gucci pour homme and Noble are the pillars of Gucci's early success creating two amazing men's fragrance's.
The open notes of this luxurious frag is a hint of bergamot, lavender, sandalwood and a refined mixture of spices.
The heart of this frag is the aromatic and masculine scent coming from leather, cedar wood as well a warm/sweet scent of amber and musk.
After this frag settles you can pickup all the subtle floral notes of jasmine, iris and french labdanum making this juice very desirable hands down.
Having worn this frag both during the day and evening I'm always have someone come up and say that you smell sooooooo good.
Both longevity and Silage are EXTREMELY high-quality. On my skin this fragrance lasts beyond 10hrs.
Finally thoughts,
How can anyone not find this fragrance amazing? Regardless of your skin type or your body chemistry, this fragrance is priceless. Rating this frag less then perfection is an insult on those who worked behind-the-scenes in the birth of this fragrance. Kudos to Gucci...10/10 love this frag ♥♥♥♥♥ :)))

murysusanto
murysusanto

This is the first perfume I wore, given by my father. He was presented as a gift but never wear so it was passed on to me in the beginning of 80's.
It is a classic class, it is simple fragrance perhaps at that time guys would buy too. Probably one of the flagship perfume before many more were released years after. I love it and I can still imagine the scent in my mind.

missan

What does one do when the bottle of this is running empty. You have tried to find a new one but no luck.

These are sad times indeed.

braindead83
braindead83

I have not had the opportunity to sample a large amount of Gucci fragrances in my lifetime and experience with scents.

I do have Gucci Pour Homme II, and recently purcahsed this vintage version of Gucci Pour Homme.

This is a very sneaky scent to me. I sprayed some on a card, and the beauty of it eluded me at first. Then i sprayed some on my wrist, and I have fallen in love with it. This is a dynamite fragrance.

I do not so much get the woody notes, as some spiciness with citrus and a hint of what appears to me as vetiver,and definitely musk.

In conclusion, i love this shit! I adore the sheer masculinity and power of this fragrance. It is the scent for an ideally strong and driven man.

Take the time to sample this on your skin a couple times, as you will not be disappointed.

Some time soon I will be sampling the newer version of Gucci Pour Homme from the Tom Ford era.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Being honest, I have never been a Gucci admirer or 'fan' and probably never will be, but one has to appreciate 70's luxury in a bottle.

It's a 'reserved powerhouse', lemons, masculine yet high-quality woods and leather then appear over a background of oakmoss. The mid also feature the famous florals (geranium, carnation) and herbal-lavender of course! See- Gucci Pour Home 1.

Old-skool for sure, but with a touch of assured quality and luxury the brand simply could not translate properly into the 21st century. Gucci Pour Homme 2 remains their best for me, a 3/5 for the surprisingly elegant herbal tea-fume.

High 2/5 for this one. Knock off a point (or 2) if you're an 'old-skool' hater.

First impression after spraying it on cloth: a perfect blend, with clear lemon, vanilla/amber, leather, patchouli, and a floral accord. I don't really get the wood but there's a hint of geranium and some spice element that helps to create a somewhat creamy quality overall. In some ways, it strikes me as Pub Cologne made elegant, though the notes aren't exactly the same (PC has clear anise whereas here there is a suggestion of anise). Though there's a touch of the crude here, the overall suggestion is that of a man with power who uses it judiciously, cognizant of what the masses desire. There is considerable richness and weight here, but it doesn't have the dryness required to produce great depth, not that it's necessary (Joint for Men is the deepest fragrance I've experienced). This is an excellent example of a high quality, blended designer fragrance, and to be honest, I prefer it to Patou Pour Homme. To me it is what I'd call a citric oriental, though with a chypre accord that becomes clear eventually (but it's never very strong). It's sort of like the citric oriental is covering up the chypre, and as it weakens you get a sense that a chypre is present. I get no fougere accord, however.

UPDATE: I wore it normally today and my assessment is roughly the same, though I find it a bit more refined than on cloth. Clearly, it's not for the young, fresh, sport, aquatic or party crowd.

UPDATE: Wore it today and got more lavender this time around, in a fougere accord, but it's light and nicely blended into the whole. The wood notes are no more than a bare background hum. It's a slightly powdery fougere/chypre/oriental hybrid with quite a bit of complexity, but it's subtle complexity. If you felt that Z-14 was way too crude this would be one to try, for example. Fortunately, I have two bottles and can swap one off if the right offer came along (one scent I'm seeking more of right now is Rose d'Homme, for example).

endre.pernup
endre.pernup

I only have the After Shave version, and it is really masculine.

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

I received this as a gift in a small 25ml size many years ago. It was OK..nothing to write home about. A very forgetful unmemorable fragrence. Bottle was nice though!

missan

Finally I have it again, lovely stuff. Is this a masterpiece or is it a masterpiece.

Edit: Found another 60ml bottle, it´s a treasure.

ericrico
ericrico

Perfection.

This is a true masterpiece created by Guy Robert and one the most iconic masculine chypres ever created. Gypsy Parfumista's articulate (and wonderfully enthusiastic) review captures what this scent is...for those of us lucky enough to have it, or to have even ever smelled this divine juice. One of my favorite classic male scents of all time. It is simply stunning & timeless.

I am left, almost speechless...Wow!!! Desmondorama, I second your wish that this iconic and sensual fragrance somehow be reissued. However, I have to say, that this is an absolute classic - truly iconic. Sometimes it is better to let the days of yesteryear be forgotten by the new generation and only sought out by those really want to relive them or experience what existed in a bygone era.

Alfarom, who I admire greatly on this forum, has it fully correct. You cannot compare this to anything created under Tom Ford. This is truly a 70's chypre with an awesome warm leather, musk, woody, amber and oakmoss base covered in lavender, sparkling citrus, and beautiful florals - carnation, geranium, jasmine and powdery iris in the heart. It can be worn year-round although Spring, Fall and Summer evenings offer more strength and richness due to the warmth, I find it creates it own sunshine on cool, cloudy winter day. A scent that commands respect and will always be one I reach for on the day of a special occasion.

Gucci Pour Homme Original holds a very dear place in my collection! If "liquid heaven" has a price tag - then it is on a bottle of Original Vintage Gucci Pour Homme. "There can never be too much elegance in your life"...what a marketing tagline and this came out when I was a very young child. I have finally discovered what the beauty and hype is all about - it only took me three plus decades to do so in my existence. 5/5 stars!! 10/10 and, anyone who does not know what an incredible chypre is, should try it and understand the art of perfumery that is captured in this glorious composition. One cannot 'quantify' beauty like this...it is olfactory bliss!

Update: I put a couple of dabs from a 4oz/120ml bottle (like the one above with the green and red stripe on the cap & a classic squared flacon - identical to the bottle shown here on Fragrantica) on the back of my hand just 5 minutes ago. I will put this poetically to evoke my sentiment: "To me, this is like coming home to my beautiful wife...and she kisses me the way she did like the first time we kissed, years ago." It is simply...stunning! For me, Gucci Pour Homme Original (1976) is a timeless, masterpiece of scent that will forever be relevant and captivating...

williamvargas
williamvargas

still have some of this fragrance, was able to find a small amount of splash on ebay, smells fantastic still.put into a spray atomizer..i save it , if just to spray it once in awhile to smell this masculine masterpiece...this fragrance says simply..." yep, i got a set." i wish they would produce this again..cannot think of anything new that kicks it's ass..unless you want to smell like a cinnamon bun, still one of my all time favorite colognes,crisp snappy and all man..no confusion on who just walked into the room.
sort of reminds me of armani pour home, this is from the same person who created hermes equipage.. no wonder I enjoy that one as well..

mrfive
mrfive

Yep this is rarer than hair on a balding man. I have 15ml left. I'll admit I came by it completely by accident thinking I was buying the modern version.
Want to know what this was like?
Get in touch: now. Before every last drop of Gucci Pour Homme in the world is gone.

Like the ad says: "There can NEVER be too much elegance in your life". THIS is just what the name implies GUCCI ("old school" Gucci, at that) FOR MAN! This smells like a man, and captures, so well, that European sense of quality and luxury that the brand has always signified. This scent, also, is the perfect example (at least for me) of a stunning male chypre.

*Many thanks and reverent bows to Action for the gift of a full sample vial of this wonderful manscent!* You are still the High Priestess of Perfumes...and always will be!

This opens beautifully with clean citruses combined artfully into warm greens and clean floral aromas, manly from whoa to go!! First it is clean and manly then, as it develops, it becomes wonderous with dry flowers like carnation and geranium and irises with the warmth of pepper and earthy woody notes...HEAVEN! Like most TRUE chypres, this takes a while to unfold all of its beauty. And, as it does, I am amazed that Gucci even thought they needed another fragrance besides this one. If this is "dated", you may call me an 'old fogey'! GPH is another disastrous loss at the hands of either the IFRA or those who sought to dilute everything within an inch of its life, while supposedly making things "more modern" and I simply cannot imagine why!?! God, words cannot do this justice, it just HAS to be smelled. There is nothing even remotely feminine (even the jasmine is "butch") or "unisex" about this scent. It is all man, all the time! Strong, but not brutal, and amazingly luxurious without smelling too "rich". The eventual drydown is perfumed paradise for this guy! Warm, like a favorite wool fisherman's sweater, it eventually gets covered with a beautiful soft leather note and sweet tonka, resins and musk. Oh, and the oakmoss here really shines! OAK moss, now, not tree moss or black moss or whatever else they are using these days...REAL honest to goodness Evernia prunastri, that grows on oaks and other deciduous and coniferous trees and has a woody and sharp slightly sweet smell you cannot mistake. Gucci Pour Homme makes me feel like I am dressed in a vintage Italian leather coat and loafers, hand woven sweater and bespoke twill pants; even when I am wearing bleached out ripped jeans and a tee shirt (like today). What I wouldn't give to own an original vintage bottle of this golden elixir...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: amazing
Overall: 5/5 Chyprefect!

It came to my attention when using the search feature on here to bring this page up that the 2005 version is "pour Homme" and this magnificent melange is "Pour Homme"...that P should be capitalised! Everything about this scent is upper case, upper echelon and upper crust! I bow humbly in the face of Greatness...

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

One spritz on my chest and....what's this?! Chest hair? I don't remember being this hairy, and where did this gold chain come from?! Why won't the top 3 buttons of my shirt button?! Is that Stayin Alive from the BeeGees I'm hearing?! OMG, this is the seventies in a bottle!! This is a remarkable chypre with its lemony lavender opening that hangs around for quite some time...not like today's citrus that burns off in a minute or two, these notes stay around for a Drambuie and a Winston. Then the wonderful creamy leather notes come hustling in with an ever so slight woody beat, and an entourage of oakmoss. Very muted florals dance in and out, as well as some kinky spice. In the end, we are left lying on a leathery mossy bed of vintage goodness. This is an old school chypre and is not afraid to smell like one. There really is nothing modern about this, so if modern citrus and chypre is what you are expecting, you will find yourself a stranger in a strange land. You will hear many singing praises for this throwback fragrance, but know that it is just that. Many will find this inaccessible and ugly to their nose. This is not one of those universal beauties that can transcend time. This is clearly stuck in the past, and that is its charm. Buyer beware. Wow, I had forgotten how comfortable platform shoes are.

The original Gucci Pour Homme and the later Tom Ford's version perfectly represents the two peaks of Gucci's success. The first one back in the 70's when the Gucci family was at the top of their popularity and always protagonist in the main fashion magazines. A family surrounded by mistery, intrigues and extreme luxury and elegance. In this context Gucci Pour Homme (original) was perfectly fitting the bill with a superbe combination of woods (mainly cedar), deep leather, pipe tobacco and some floral notes (lavander and bergamot). A complex composition, that's rich and elegant but not too mannered and one of those perfumes that we can't forget. Great!

In the late 80's the big success of the house started to decline due to several conflicts and scandals in the Gucci's family, but fortunately Tom Ford came in and saved the brand from oblivion. 1999-2003 (perhaps 2004) was the best period for Gucci and the new Gucci Pour Homme, was the expression of those creative years and one of the last good releases form this (once) gorgeous maison.

Mokokos
Mokokos

I agree this was a great fragrance. I used to always be complimented on this fragrance. Masculine, woodsy, a hint of cinnamon note, soft musk and an air of elegance. Genuine wrist sniffer in the office. Come on Gucci, please re-issue.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I had this years ago and I really loved it! It was quite lasting, sexy, warm and quite masculine. I wish Gucci would reissue this iconic and sensual fragrance again!

Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci 4.43 out of 5 based on 92 ratings and 21 user reviews

Sample
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Sample by Gucci, .06 oz Vial sample for Men
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Sample by Gucci, .06 oz Vial sample for Men
Sample
Gucci Pour Homme Sample by Gucci, .07 oz Vial sample for Men
Gucci Pour Homme Sample by Gucci, .07 oz Vial sample for Men
Aftershave 1.6oz
Gucci Pour Homme Sport After Shave Balm by Gucci, 1.6 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Aftershave 2.5oz
Gucci Pour Homme Sport After Shave Balm by Gucci, 2.5 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Aftershave 2.5oz
Gucci Pour Homme After Shave Balm by Gucci, 2.5 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Gucci Pour Homme After Shave Balm by Gucci, 2.5 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Cologne by Gucci, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Men
Eau De Toilette 3oz
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Cologne by Gucci, 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Men
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Cologne by Gucci, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Cologne by Gucci, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gift Set 3oz
Gucci Pour Homme Sport Gift Set by Gucci Gift Set for Men Includes 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.