Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

ozonic
cinnamon
tobacco
Gucci Pour Homme II Gucci for men Videos

The fragrance has kept the same gorgeous elegant and masculine features of its predecessor, but has become brighter and lighter. The composition opens with fresh notes of violet leaf and bergamot. Very soon the green-fruity opening leaves the space to the spicy notes of the heart: red hot chili pepper Pimento, cinnamon and black tea. The woodsy and elegant violet links it to the base composed of olive tree wood, tobacco leaves, musk and myrtle.
The fragrance was created in 2007.

Violet Leaf Bergamot

Cinnamon Pimento Black Tea

Olive Tree Musk Tobacco Leaf Myrrh

HiM
Fresh Uomo

Gucci Pour Homme II Fragrance Reviews

seachase
seachase

Just like many before me have stated, if it wasn't for the very poor sillage and longevity, this would be a modern and timeless masterpiece.
Even when sprayed on your clothes and hair it has a very short life....and this usually works wonders for other weak colognes.
It's not too often when a new mens fragrance comes along that is truly distinct, unique and beautiful beyond words, but Gucci Pour Homme II is all three.
Perhaps one of the team from the Gucci House will read these reviews and convince them to brew up a stronger batch, or at least release an Intense version of this spectacular juice.
We can only hope.

Scent - a perfect 10
Projection - 2
Longevity - 2

silentman26
silentman26

Classy and elegant. Spicy and woody. Starts fresh and then transforms to a warm scent with cinammon, spices and musk at the end. The black tea/musk dry down is one of a kind. The overall smell is perfect. An all-season masterpiece.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

I'm a big fan of fragrances that perform well - solid staying-power and decent projection are a must for me. Gucci Pour Homme II is one of the few fragrances I've encountered that smells so good I just have to have it, despite its modest longevity and subtle projection. It's certainly not a performance superstar, but it's definitely a shining star in my collection.

Gucci Pour Homme II is simply sublime - it's drop-dead gorgeous stuff. This is the most comforting and relaxing scent on my shelf. It's one of those fragrances designed almost exclusively for the wearer's own personal enjoyment. Being so gentle and soothing makes it particularly wonderful to wear to bed.

Originally, I bought a 50ml tester with about 20 ml's left in it along with a 50ml tester of Gucci Pour Homme I with less than 10 ml's left in the bottle. After some haggling, I managed to negotiate a low price for them both. They look excellent together in their matching heavy-duty flacons. Their bottles make them look like the Gucci twins. But these two scents are like night and day. One is deep, rich and redolent - perfect for the cooler months. The other is light, bright and uplifting - brilliant in the warmer weather.

And just like Gucci Pour Homme I, I knew I had to invest in a full bottle of Gucci Pour Homme II to ensure I'd have an adequate supply of this beautiful blue juice.

Marciu

@Suvi23 and others who say Gucci PH II will be discontinued soon - I don't know why you're spreading such rumours all over... When I really got into fragrances - it was around 2012 - I heard it already is discontinued. Same thing happened in 2013, now he have 2014 and it's still in production, eventhough it's P&G etc etc...

The only possible thing that might have occured in that time is that Gucci possibly phased out the 1,7 fl oz (50 ml) bottles. But 100 ml are still in production. I guess it's selling good so they don't have the reason to discontinue it (I hope so).

Suvi23
Suvi23

Gucci Pour Homme II is a very affordable fragrance, but I agree with other people, who say that it seems like it will be discontinued soon. Grab a bottle before it is too late.

This fragrance is heaven. After I spray it, the black tea and violet leaf are magical together. In later stages, the tobacco with pimento and musk is just phenomenal. This perfume is smooth, classy, sophisticated, elegant, charming, perfect. One of my favourites of all time. Everytime I apply it I am just speechless.

Well, the bad part is here. I tried it in a warmer environment and it lasted 3 hours and its projection was very weak. I decided to try it on a bit cooler day and I also sprayed it on my clothes as well. In that situation it lasted 6 hours and the projection was a little bit better. It projected for 30 minutes softly and then it became a skin scent.

It always hurts me, when a magnificent scent cannot get my masterpiece badge. GPH II is not an exception. When a scent does not perform, I usually leave them alone. This will be the first time in my life, when I love the scent itself that much, that I will not care and buy a full bottle.

Projection: 5/10
-------------------------
Overall: 20/30

camposg
camposg

this is a great smelling fragrance there is no doubt about that, but! its performance stinks. This stuff immediately lays close to the skin and does not last long at all. This is a pass for me due to performance issues

ET76
ET76

I find this parfume very intersting. This juice I want to drink. It's Unisex as I see it, not what I would call musculine. Still, it's very tasty. Unfortunately, can hardly detect it on my skin after 3 hours. The bottle is nice and heavy.

trmjkd989
trmjkd989

Smooth, sweet, & spicy says it all for this fragrance. This fragrance is surprisingly versatile as it also works in the summer as well if you spray lightly. The longevity and projection are both moderate. I get a pretty decent amount of compliments with it, so if you're looking for a compliment-getter this one is safe.

This fragrance is a masterfully realized piece of work. I instantly remembered trying it a few years ago when I (semi) blind bought it recently.
A thoroughly rewarding choice it was too, There's no doubt it's vastly better than anything Gucci have on the shelves currently.
Pour Homme II has character, depth, and a charming class about it.
Opens freshly, a brisk bergamot and tea and slight hint of violets which makes you think it's some fairly average fodder. However has it dries down the tea gets stronger, a bit drier and musk chimes in to offset any sweet or powdery notes with some bitterness.
It's so interesting that the spicy element of cinnamon/hint of tobacco and pimento conjures up a subtle V&R spicebomb type aroma at the heart of this fragrance.
PHII predates it obviously but maybe it could be great for those who like the concept of Spicebomb but not the sledgehammer execution.
It also reminds me of Penhaligon's Opus 1870 which is a very beautiful scent, a peppery, rose, cedar affair that has a similar feel to this also.
But then this has the violet, tea and woody notes that I enjoy too, it's masterpiece of a fragrance and more enjoyable the more you wear it. It's not obtrusive and lasts longer than I'd anticipated on my skin, with mild projection...I'd say average in both departments.
The trick here is that PHII is so subdued it could never be annoying or cloying due to a great balance of spicy/sweet/fresh/dry/warm...everything really.
My girlfriend instantly loved it too in fact she wore it the minute it arrived (and tried to convince me to give it to her) and it smelled great on her.
Love this...can't recommend it highly enough.

lynwood234
lynwood234

I hated my bottle of Gucci Homme II until today. I tried it today and wow it is awesome in the hot summer months. it is like wearing fresh crisp green and red grapes.

Marciu

@aqua_de_la_vita - since when perfume from tester lasts longer than this one from "ordinary" bottle? :|

daynierds
daynierds

After so much hype and months trying to get my hands on this...I must say I am not that impressed with this one. You can certainly smell a quality fragrance...but nothing ground breaking in my opinion...the best part is the drydown..for the first 30 minutes it seemed weird and in a way similar to carolina herrera chic or cartier declaration d' un soir...this last one being the worst...all of these have definitely sth in common...after all...it a quite pleasant smell worth of a buy if you have enough money to let it go based on the hype....other than that..there are many other options to try out first

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Now my review on this juice, from the entry below.

This isn't your run of mill type fragrance. It definitely has depth in the first 3-5hrs. I really enjoy the black tea leaf mixed with voliet leaf giving it a deep kinda bittersweet herbal aroma. The added notes of musk with myrrh gives it a real attractive warm/sweet aroma with a just a hint of smokey incense aroma which balancing the overall ATTRACTIVE GREEN quality of this fragrance.
Longevity and Silage are both very good, I find that the frag lasts 2-4 longer than expected.
Overall thoughts,
This fragrance demonstrates the quality that Gucci put in to make this fragrance. It's been over 6hrs from when I first sprayed it on my wrist, as I move my wrist I'm able to smell the sweet notes. Definitely more of spring/summer/fall frag but I see no reason why you couldn't use it during the winter months. I would recommend to anyone who wants a really well balanced fragrance. Keep in mind that everyone body chemistry reacts different to the different notes. Final comment...it certainly has the high quality notes which makes it APPEALING!!

kllex7
kllex7

The only Gucci fragrance that i find it really unique and nice. I cant stop sniffin my wrist after spraying for a few times. It come off as a fresh, sweet black tea scent. Felt masculine, classy and confident when you wear it. Currently this is my signature scent. Just love it so much. The only downside, is the bad projection..maybe it is meant for a cuddling scent. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is new to fragrance or those who wants to smell different and uniquely classy. It is a very versatile scent for all year round!

Sillage: B- Doesnt project that well. If close enough the attract factor will multiply and keeps people wondering what is the unique scent.
Longevity: B Mediocore. I do get around 3~5 hours on hot day.
Compliment: A Gets compliment, if noticed. Girl love this! My girl will sniff around my neck and hold me real tight. No joke!
Value: A- I think is an okay price for such quality fragrance from Gucci. And the bottle looks classy & elegant too.

Marciu

@ Arabian Knight - Gucci Pour Homme II is not discontinued!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I spotted a bottle of this discontinued fragrance in the duty free shop in Dublin airport recently.

All the Fragrantica reviews I've read seem to have placed it within a group of mens scents that incorporate cinnamon and pepper as their main heart notes, such as "HiM" by Hanae Mori, Viktor & Rolf "Spice Bomb"and "1899" by Histoires des Parfums.

Having tried the latter two, I can say that "Gucci Pour Homme II" is probably my least favourite option.

The sweetness is familar at first, but then a rather sharp, rubbery tea note rudely interrupts things and it all becomes rather dry and dull. The projection and longevity were also poor.

wrbenjam
wrbenjam

I love this cologne. It is very soft, relaxing, and comforting. It is close to the skin but has great longevity. Buuuuuut a month ago while I was at work and a woman smelled me . She told me I smelled like a women. I laughed and I said that I could see that for it did seem like a unisex scent. I brushed it off and continued on my way. Today she brought in a bottle of burberry women. I laughed and was like gucci does not smell like burbbery at all, for I have a bottle of burberry men. I decided to spray it to tell her how the notes were different .....to my disbelief ...they smell Identical. I still love this scent.

crestfallen
crestfallen

Gucci Pour Homme 2 is one of the best smelling colognes I have tried. I love the smell because it's such a unique, yet extremely comforting mix of violet leaves, black tea, and cinnamon. The only thing stopping GP2 from true greatness is it's longevity; it doesn't last more than 2 hours (and that's in the summertime).

Madholm
Madholm

Smells like olives and tea to me which makes it come off as a dill like aroma on the whole. Oddly, I love dill but it wasn't something I'd like to wear. Perhaps it would mix better on my actual skin, but I couldn't get past the spray tester. Hard pass for me, but it certainly had a unique vibe going on.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This was first Gucci perfume I've ever had, it smells good with tea note quite dominant but layered with hint of tobacco and cinnamon. But somehow there's problem with longevity, I wish it could stay longer on me.

GaryG
GaryG

This one is complex but I am loving it. It took me a few tries to warm up to it, but now I am hooked. I find this one pretty versatile. It responds well on my skin in most weather conditions, but I find myself going for a few other fragrances on really hot days. Very good longevity on my skin and does not change during the day on me. I took a 20 minute swim today and could still detect a bit on my skin afterwards. This one is on my fav list.

landon1
landon1

Black tea, clove, and cinnamon. Wore it on valentines and the longevity and projection were awesome. Might just be my skin but lasted a good 8 hours. Love to gucci

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

Here Here @JoeOM.
It seems all "Elite Gentleman" talks about is getting layed!
Like we're supposed to be impressed. Well guess what...we're NOT!

JoeOM

@Elite Gentleman, why do you have such an awful attitude and stinking opinion? All of your reviews are obnoxious and conceited. I wore this to work whilst wearing joggers and a t-shirt. I got compliments and surprisingly the world didn't end. Get over yourself.

JoeOM

WOW! This is such a well put together, classy fragrance.

I purchased a sample of this to try before I bought it but it will definitely be one of my next purchases.

Upon spraying I got a generous amount of bergamot but a HUGE blast of violet leaf, which remains at the forefront, which took my breathe away.

Then comes that gorgeous black tea. Many have said that it isn't a sweet smelling tea but that is what I get on myself. The smokey pimento and cinnamon is what adds the spicy edge to the tea for me.
Finishes off with a stunning myrrh and tobacco combo.

Strangely though I can't see myself wearing this on the off chance. It will have to be a day when I wake up and know this is what I want to wear.

Longevity is great on myself and projection is good for a while, better than what some make it out to be, but it does settle down to being a skin scent very quickly.
But who cares when it smells this good?

Berner
Berner

It is a very elegant scent. The only problem is that is has no silage and sits very close to the skin.

njones0100
njones0100

This is an absolute must have. Everyone who has ever smelled this on me has complimented me on it. There is someone I work with who attests that she hates any sort of fragrance, and even she has commented on how nice this cologne smells. Comments usually fall in the range of "Oh my God!" to "You smell amazing."

The only, the one and only, complaint I have with this fragrance is its longevity. If you bathe yourself in this first thing in the morning there will be no trace of it by lunch. Longevity on my skin is 4 hours tops and then it has completely vanished. Such a shame.

Still, worth it.

slapdash
slapdash

The first time I clapped eyes on GPH II, upon its initial release 7 years ago, I knew I had to have it.

Now, I didn't know what the notes were let alone be able to form an idea of what it smelled like, but damn, that bottle...with its reassuring heft, thick cut glass and bevelled base, housing a shimmering opal liquid beautfiully offset by an antique gold cap. How could it be anything but stellar?

And it was.

A connoisseur's blend of black tea flecked with toasted sweet spice and infused with the delicate smoke of leafy aromats.

The sort of fragrance you imagine wearing if granted an audience with royalty, hobnobbing with the bourgeoisie or shooting the breeze with the great and good of society. It's dutifully restrained, reassuring, graceful.

Gucci Pour Homme II: Affordable sophisitcation in a bottle and an instant upgrade to a humdrum day.

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

I have a sample of this fragrance. It is really amazing. It performs well and has great Sillage. Not to many people know this fragrance. which is really cool. Its definitely a Spring and Summer cologne. looking forward to getting my first bottle of it.

toto453
toto453

Can give me headache due to its quite strong peppery notes at the start.
Nice frag but a bit too feminine for me. I prefer sharper scent.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

My favorite designer fragrance! This cologne is so elegant. It drips class and calmly makes a case for itself. I many times wish that it was a bit more bold or offered a bit more projection. In those instances I have a Gucci 2 scented fragrance oil that I apply underneath the actual fragrance to prop it up. Without it, I get moderate performance. My biggest complaint about this masterpiece is that it doesn't generate huge compliments on my skin. In close combat, though, I have never had it fail on me. A great scent to be sure a classic that I would cry if Gucci ever vaulted it. They owe us to keep making this scent as the new stuff they have brought to market has been for the most part people pleasers with no soul.

My Score: 9

kizz_man
kizz_man

Nice and warm .
unfortunately , his life is too short

StardustHK
StardustHK

To my nose this is a very smooth, warm, comforting scent. Good in winter, perfect for sping and autumn, definitely not for hot summer days or tropical climate. The dry-down almost got something tea-cinnamon-cocoa-like to me, extremely well blended and classy.
Longevity is better than expected, 6+ hours, no problem.
Why would anyone discontinue such a gem? If the profit margin isn't there anymore, sell it in a cheaper, standardized bottle as a classic scent. YSL demonstrates how it's done.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

This fragrance is a tough one to rate...adore this scent and my wife enjoys it too, but I dislike its performance. I've had this juice for the past few weeks and I really love this scent. Unfortunately, it sits extremely close to my skin and pretty much disappears after 3-hours...which is very surprising since most fragrances last and project extremely well on my skin.

I wore this frag into work on two occasions and not one compliment. Of course, I have an hour commute into work (cologne is applied at 5:00 AM) and I'm usually at the office 1-2 hours before most folks begin their day - by 9:00 AM Pour Homme II was undetectable on my skin. Anyway, I brought along an atomizer the third and fourth times I wore this fragrance and received crazy compliments at the 9:00 AM meeting...but nothing after noon whereas I'm still receiving compliments with GIT, Aventus, L'Homme, etc., that were applied hours earlier (5:00 AM). Most people love it...but they can't smell it.

Fortunately, my wife loves this fragrance (its one of her favorites) so it's something I'll spray on when we're at home relaxing for the evening...so the purchase is definitely not wasted (high snuggle factor). However, I am disappointed that it's not something I can wear out of the house without having to take along an atomizer to refresh every 2-3 hours.

Gucci: if you're listening...reformulate this fragrance (keep the scent intact while increasing the longevity and projection,please) and it will be a top-shelf fragrance. Okay, I'm still going to rate this as "Love" because I feel this is still an incredible scent. Also, props on the bottle...rock-solid and perfect for self-defense.

Goktug
Goktug

one of the best from Gucci

robbledino
robbledino

smells like the drydown of V&R Spicebomb
..wish it lasted longer

Belvedere
Belvedere

Gorgeous spring fragrance but also versatile enough for rest of the year. A good spicy tea based scent, quite gentle but interesting enough to make you feel good on any occasion. Not huge projection but I like for that very reason. In a word classy,

crypticat

Everyone says cinnamon. I say clove. Love the scent. It just doesn't last worth a damn.

sammy_k
sammy_k

This fragrance has a lot going on, but still remains kind of mellow (in a good way). It is fresh, spicy, woodsy, sweet... I think It's one that *could* hold its own throughout the year, though I've read a lot of reviews that say people tend to think of it more as a Spring/Summer fragrance. A lot of men's fragrances tend to be bold and overpowering and some people's body chemistry can pull that off, but I need something more subtle.

Marciu

@frog23 - to me Gucci PH II is more fall/winter than spring/summer scent, definitely. It's very spicy and smoky on me - myrrhe and cinnamon really pop out and play with each other. Plus the tea note - it's not light, straight opposite, I'd say - it's a strong, aromatic, black tea. Sometimes it gets so cloying during late spring/summer days, that I can use it in the evening only.
There is a solution though - one (max 2) spray only during warm days does it for me. Nevertheless I prefer much lighter scents for warm/hot days.

frog23
frog23

Only one word comes to mind with this scent, SAFE.

I like this scent, but i'm not thrilled by it. This is the type of cologne I would wear if I had too many to pick from and just wanted something.

I saw some reviews saying this is a winter scent. Not for me, this is all Spring to me. Wear this in the office with no issues. It's not overpowering and it does last long.

My knock on it is that its just......there. That's it. It's not amazing, won't turn heads. It's....there. gives you a nice fresh smell but that's it. I've never owned it but it feels like i've smelled this scent many times. Kind of generic to me.

Everything i wear i let my wife smell on me. her thoughts "It's nice, but kind of boring. Doesn't make me want to jump you."

I've had much better and much worse. So for me, it's a safe middle of the road cologne.

po0ria
po0ria

اولین باری که بوش کردم ناخوداگاه لبخند زدم.. فوقالعاده خوش بو
تنها ایرادش ماندگاری و پخش ضعیفش که تقریبا جز شما کسی اونو نمیشنوه مگه اینکه در فاصله 10 سانتیه شما باشه !!!

steven.boe.1
steven.boe.1

My first Review on FN
--------------------------------------------------------
Ow yeah GPH2, I just find this frag earlier this year.
Tried the decant and I was amazed with its freshness,masculinity and calming vibe that come from this frag. And I`m decided to buy the full bottle just from my first sniff.

The tea and cinnamon note pops out right off the bat in a great way. The pimento notes adds spicyness into this stuff.

Scent wise this was Amazing
Performance, this was more than decent. I have great longevity with this one, although the sillage could increased a little bit.

Overall this is a must try frag
Try sniff this stuff and you`ll love it !

Scent:10/10
Sillage: 6/10

And oh, look at that amazing damn fine bottle !

Rossyh
Rossyh

Absolutely incredible smell, forgot just how good it is since starting my fragrance collection. Was perhaps my 5th bottle I purchased and like DHI, was one that I loved instantly. I have many, many gourmands and so to find something so unique and so nice is a massive bonus. Tea is such a rare note to come across and to smell it done so masterfully is a welcome surprise.

If not for Dior this would be my sig scent, suits any occasion I can think of (though may struggle in the winter seasons). I find the sillage OK as when I cease to smell it anymore others tell me how nice it smells. Longevity wise is standard, around 6 hours.

My one regret is I didn't buy at least one more back up so that's my next goal when the discounts come back around!

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I bought this for my husband. It smells amazing! When we smelled it from the bottle it smelled a lot like Dior Fahrenheit, but I think it didn't when my husband wore it.

sameh
sameh

Well , Gucci Pour Homme II is one of the grates fregrances that Gucci ever released , it smells simply grate !
Longevity : 5 to 6 hours.
Projection / Silage : 4 hours.
Smell : 9/10
Bottle Design : 8/10.
So my advice is if u like the smell of fresh black tea farm in early morning , this is your freg .
P.S. i have Gucci Pour Homme I.

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Heard great things, so I tried it. Smelled nice but not sure if it was very manly...then my wife said that I smelled "pretty"...that was the end of that.

Frusciante
Frusciante

The only pleasent part of this fragrance is the oppening, after that it tries to be fresh, tries to be spicym tries to be musky but struggles in between not in a rich and interesting way but in a boring no identity way

Sadly, the logevity on me is excellent but thanks god the projection isnt so

Worst blind buy

Jay T
Jay T

c'est un parfum merveilleusement mélangé. Après avoir porté des parfums très lourds pour les quelques dernières semaines ce fut une très frais plaisir. Je me demandais si quelqu'un d'autre a reçu une bonne longévité de ce parce que je veux acheter cette belle bouteille pour ma collection, mais avoir quelques réserves, car elle n'a pas duré longtemps sur moi.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

It opens up with almost aquatic refreshing tea note then quickly warms up by cinnamon and chili pepper. It stays pretty much the same until dry down. Performance isn't as bad as others say. I get moderate projection and longevity (6 hrs) on my skin. All in all, it's a nice fresh spicy tea scent, which has calming effect.

waelh
waelh

It is not discontinued..it s still on Gucci's website.
And everytime I go to the perfume shop I see at least 6 or 7 of it..

Marciu

@ Juiceman0331 - I too hope Gucci won't ever discontinue nor tweak (or - what would be even worse - reformulate) this masterpiece....

By the way, I don't know how, but those crappy Guilty "fragrances" for men are selling very well in my country...

Notanexpert
Notanexpert

This one is gorgeous....!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

This is not my official review on Gucci Pour Homme II but I felt the need to say something in it's behalf.. I have a tiny sample which I got from Sephora.. It is a very soft and calming scent.. This is the first Tea fragrance I have smelled and I love it! It is a fresh fragrance but not a aquatic.. It is sweet and smells very classy and luxurious.. It is very subtle and smells gorgeous! The last great fragrance from Gucci that is still in production.. Only if Envy, Rush, & Pour Homme were still available!

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I think of it as original, classy and fresh-calming. I loved it!!!

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

I think the simplest way to describe this fragrance is with one word: calming. If not calming, classy would be a close second. This is one of those colognes I wear for my enjoyment, not necessarily the enjoyment of those around me. That's not to say that Gucci Pour Homme II doesn't garner compliments, it does; just not for any length of time. 2-3 hours into the life of the scent and you're putting your nose into your skin to smell it. If this puts you off buying it, stop and reconsider. You're going to want to bury your face into your skin because the smell is so smooth, so calming and just screams class. It's one of those smells that makes me smile just wearing it.
Longevity? Weaker side of average. 4-6 hours at best
Sillage? 1-2 hours in and you're dragging your nose down your arm or under your collar to smell it.
Occasion? Two. Either for myself around the house (just today I spent the day finishing some University work while wearing this) or special occasions where I will be up close and personal to someone.

Rating? 7/10. Held back only by somewhat poor performance. Otherwise, this would be a masterpiece within the tea based colognes

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

If Gucci or Procter & Gamble ever decides to discontinue Gucci PH II.
They might as well stop making/selling perfumes, because this is the last "great" and "worth buying" cologne they have.

The "New Pour Homme's" and "Guilty" flankers are not as good as the classics they have discontinued, they're just not worth buying.
This is a great example of the manufacturers not listening to the consumers.
I am not a genius in a corporate world, but I am pretty sure Gucci and Procter and Gamble are hurting from their perfume lines and suffering the consequences of their failure in following the first and basic rule of economics of "supply and demand".
They don't want to listen to our demands, so I am pretty sure they're not shipping out a lot of supplies.
You don't have to be Einstein to figure this out.
Why don't they just go to Fragrantica spend a couple of hours sitting in front of their computer and look at what "WE" want and stop coming out with products that "THEY" want.
It's time that they start listening to us...the consumers.

Anyways, this is a "great" cologne for summer, I find this one very refreshing and it's worth buying it, before those geniuses decides to shoot their foot again by discontinuing GPH II.

I am done venting off.

My overall rating 8/10

dubairob
dubairob

Gucci Pour Homme II is probably the last great fragrance from what was undoubtedly a great house. From Nobile, Envy, Rush, PH I, Gucci clearly made a break with the incense and/or woody notes that marked these classics and instead adopted with PH II a spicy-tea sort of approach - clearly opening into entirely new territory for the brand.

This fragrance took me some time to get my head around. Initially, my first sampling struck enough of a chord with me to go full bottle, but eventually I felt disappointed as the scent seemed to not last long and project little. (I even felt some associations with nothing much more than a spicy tea-bag and PH II fell from favour for a while.) However, I have come to realize that this fragrance more than any other in my collection needs relatively warm weather to work its magic. What is otherwise a muggy cup of tea with a dash of spices, becomes an immensely attractive and enticing fragrance with the gathering warmth of late spring and early summer. Then it really comes alive. In fact, I use the colour of the juice as an indicator of when to wear it: if the skies are the blue of Gucci Pour Homme II and there is warmth in the air, the time is right.

I have concluded essentially that this really is a lovely fragrance - one which could do with greater longevity and projection - yet one which takes bold steps with its ingredients. For example, the tea in this fragrance is the best I have ever experienced. Tea is not an easy note to work with - even in fragrance houses like Bvlgari which use tea as a signature note, it can sometimes be swamped by the other ingredients. Yet here it persists wonderfully through the life of the fragrance.

As I write, the availability of this seems to be on the wane. Let us hope for the sake of the longer-term recognition of artistry in perfumery that it does not go the way of its only slightly older predecessor....

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

This one by far my favorite fragrance on Gucci line. Its has a sweetness to it with a bit of spice. Black tea and the cinnamon is perfect combination. Its very calm feeling type of fragrance yet its safe. You can spray this more than 3 times. I spray about 6 sprays and im good to go. Great for spring and summer and night out.Very casual and classy. Good date scent. Its good for beginner scent. But I wish it last longer on my skin about 1 hour 30 mins or so it becomes close to the skin. And fades away after that. Its not a bad scent. Though pricey because its made from Gucci. I would suggest get a travel size on to go if you want to smell good all day and get noticed. Longevity is not so good and silage is ok. But a nice fun fragrance that everyone will love.

josevancouver
josevancouver

Gucci Pour Homme 2 is a beautiful fragrance and in my top 5 Spring/Summer fragrances. I believe you can wear this fragrance all-year if you want to, but I find (like Dolce and Gabbana the One for Men) you get better longevity in warmer temperatures. That's not to suggest that longevity and projection is bad on this fragrance - I find that I get a good 6 hours of longevity and a decent scent trail. For those who say longevity/projection is bad, remember that the sprayer lets out a small amount of juice - probably 1/4-1/2 of what a Creed sprayer would let out, and less than than what a Dior or Chanel sprayer would as well. Double up the sprays if you want more out of this fragrance.

It's a very calming fragrance, and the beautiful black tea/cinnamon heart of this fragrance makes it quite unique and distinctive. I have gotten some very nice compliments on this fragrance. I bought a backup bottle of this fragrance off of Fragrancenet as I know it's either discontinued or will be very soon. In my opinion, much nicer than Gucci Pour Homme 1 and different than anything else I have in my collection.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Şişesi ve kutusu gayet şık. Diğer Gucci ürünlerinde gördüğümüz matara benzeri garip şişeden farklı olması hoşuma gitti. Daha ağır bir şişe küçük ellerde kavraması zor olsa da şahsen hoşuma gitti. Kokusu ise baymayan hafif şekerli buzlu çay ve rahatsız etmeyen tarçın ağırlıklı baharatlar var. Baharat sevmiyorsanız bile rahatsız etmez. Bence yaz sıcaklarında bile boğucu olmayacakmış gibi hoş bir koku. Öyle diğer yazlık kokular gibi limon kolonyasının güzel asanslısı gibi değil. Beni asıl şaşırtan yönü ise ilk elime ulaştığımda ofis ortamındayımdım ve üzerime sıktığımda hafif ve etkisi çabuk kaybeden, hatta farkedilirliği düşük olacak bir koku izlenimi vermişti. Yani hayran olmasam da gerçekten beğenmiştim. Ancak o sırada yan masada olan bayan arkadaşım denemek için bileğine sıktığında kokuya hayran kalıp akşama kadar koklamaya doyamadı. O kadar saat içinde ben kokuyu çoktan algılamaz olmuştum ama kız halen koklayıp duruyordu. Yani kız hayran kaldı ve onun bileğinde çok kalıcı olurken bende pek kalıcı olmadığı gibi güzel, ferah ama başyapıt diyemediğim hoş bir koku olarak aklımda kaldı. Özetle sevmeyenin olmayacağı ama kalıcılık ve fark edilirlik konusunda sanırım ten seçen bir koku. Yaş aralığı ise bence gayet geniş. en genç arkadaşlardan 45-50 yaşına kadar uygun olabilir.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

chweintr
chweintr

Might sound nuts but I get sort of a dill pickle thing here. and a little Balsamic or like cured meat and cold cuts --seasoned pastrami?
maybe I'm just hungry every time I test this...

For me, fragrances like this are great but not terribly wearable... like haute couture for the nose...Love to smell it but don't particularly want to smell like it. More art than accessory.

Oh well, no matter... I think it's intoxicating. If heaven has a delicatessen, it smells like this.
A keeper for sniffing.

wintermute
wintermute

For those who want to attract the type that takes a great deal of comfort in a cup of tea. 10/10.

Roman86
Roman86

This is simply a beauty that I am still haunted by from the past of once owning a bottle and letting it go. I remember it being lightly sweet and spicy and it still remains stuck in my mind. It remains one of the most unique fragrances I have ever smelled. Gucci Pour Homme II is a lovely, seductive gem of a fragrance that I will forever love. I think I may just have to buy a 100ml of this for old time's sake and this time I won't let it go.

bluedad
bluedad

I didn't like this perfume. It is a little bit feminine. And sweety for men. I think women can use this perfume.

cytherian
cytherian

A fresh and clean essence of a woody and peppery musk and myrtle. Very pleasant and endearing. But if only... IT WOULD LAST. I got a sample and liberally sprayed it around my neck and on my wrists. I went about my day and after a couple of hours, I was hard pressed to smell anything. It evaporated. I'm pretty sure my sample is fine, as it was in a sealed mini retail pouch.

Gucci Pour Homme, first edition, has quite the following after it was discontinued. I really wonder if some people warm up to GPH-II just because of their love for the previous one. A kind of carry-over. Because this fragrance doesn't stand unique. It is lost in the sea of "fresh and clean" aqua/marine/peppery scents that dominate the designer market.

I so wanted to like this one, but for the price it's just not worth it IMHO.

Gault
Gault

This is so relaxing it should be used by the police as a tranquilizer.

Ayl
Ayl

نه . اما اول بگم که من فقط تستش کردم . بوی عجیب و غریب . از نظر من بوی بسیار خاصی داره . تندوتیزی ادکلن های ایتالیایی رو داره ولی این تو ایتالیایی ها تنها عطریه که تا حالا دیدم خوب نیست . نمی دونم چرا تشخیص دادن رایحه ی چای در این عطر زیاده ! من عاشق چایم ولی این . . . بسیار تند و تلخ و ترش و ترش و ترش و ترش . فقط همین . خشک و یخه . بوی سوزوندن گیاهان جنگلی و ترش رو هم میده . خنک ولی تلخ و ترش اما تلخی کم و ترشی زیاد . اولش که بو کردم دماغم سوخت . آخه عطر خنک انقد سنگین ؟! به راحتی میشه در فصل سرد ازش استفاده کرد . با سلیقه ی من که جور نیست . ا

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

I love this perfume, pretty much like Spicebomb (which I also have and love) without the sweetness. Unfortunately at least on my skin it lasts only a few minutes, and after the first delicious burst of spicy notes I can hardly perceive it. Sadly I won´t buy it again.

prodigy
prodigy

First sniff today. Do not get the hype. Doesnt come off fresh or amazing in anyway, All i smell is tea with some cinnamon. Rather buy something better.

matty64
matty64

Best cinnamon, tobacco frag around.

horus11c
horus11c

AMAZING!!! Very refreshing and feel good fragrance, it quickly made its way to one of my top fragrances. Perfect for office environment with modest projection. Longevity is good (4 to 6 hours). I see Gucci II as a good signature scent that could be used year round. The smell of Tea leaves in the morning on the way to work is a great reason on its own to buy Gucci II. Oh and the bottle is a home defense tool considering how heavy and well built it is.

Critic
Critic

I have a full bottle of this and I honestly don't get the hype. It's nice but what the obsession.. really?

burgundyaltima

revisted this one..projection is weak but longevity is excellent..I sprayed on wrist at 4pm..and its now 10:30am the next day and i still smell it faintly!

WolverineWarrior
WolverineWarrior

I might get this cologne again for special occasions. It smells fancy.

Marciu

After I was introduced into Armani Prive's Myrrhe Imperiale, I'm impressed about the huge load of myrrhe that is here. Wow! It blends perfectly with tea and cinnamon, makes the composition smoky. I love it

trapjaw
trapjaw

Has been the favorite of my small collection. Initially a spicy blast of pepper, pimento, pistachios and band-aid bandages or something.. Then dries down to a nice calming, woody, musky tobacco scent. Pretty much what the notes say. I probably won't buy another bottle unless I can find it cheap. I guess I'm burnt out on it and its not an every day scent to me. The bottle would make a nice paper weight or meat tenderizer once its empty too. :)

Marcos Oliveira

Chá confortavel com tabaco agradavel...maravilhoso esse Gucci,mesmo sendo próximo da pele ele agrada demais .

Layzie
Layzie

Gucci Pour Homme II initiates with a tea and incense medley. Gradually, the pimento emerges but remains well-behaved in the background with the musk. There is a minuscule sweetness that might be coming from the cinnamon, but the overall composition is spicy and smooth. I can see why some are comforted by the scent, as there is a soothing warmth about it.

The floor manager at the local Ulta store has smelled a multitude of perfumes on me, and this one was easily her favourite. "Ooh! What is that?!" was her immediate reaction. She told me it was the best thing I've tested in her store. I had never seen her eyes so wide. :D

As projection is fairly limited on my skin, this seems well-suited for a nice, cool evening in close quarters. It has slowly moved into my favourites, as the soothing scent of Gucci Pour Homme II lasts all day on me. I might even buy a second bottle. Delicious.

fresh_scents

GPHII is the ONLY bottle of fragrance in my wardrobe that Is so special that I am hesitant to wear it. It is just that special to my nose and body chemistry. I do hope that the ongoing rumors of GPHII being discontinued or on a limited release run are not true.

Marciu

Those of you who say it has bad longevity, listen to this:

I used it yesterday at 6 PM for a meeting, earlier that day i haven't worn anything. I used 5 sprays, as usually (two on each side of the neck, one on the front of the neck, one on each wrist). I went for a meeting, I was complimented by the people sourrounding me how beautiful I smell. Then I went straight to bed, 'cause I was very tired (~1 AM) - Gucci was still projecting. Today I woke up at 9 AM and I could still smell it CLEARLY! It gives me 15 hours longevity with this beautiful juice.

I hope it will be available but not in a broad distribution as I read somewhere - that they are going to limit the distribution instead of discontinuing it. This would be super cool thing...

ed
ed

VERY imposing bottle. All my other bottles look rather unimpressive in comparison.

The tea note is very prominent to my nose. Good job I like tea. We English do like our tea ;)

Hassanirq
Hassanirq

Magnificent fragrance very soothing...And very nice projectivity and longevity on my skin 8 plus hours...I like to use it in winter because the base notes are a bit heavy in the nice way...

Marciu

Actually I detect a tea note quite clearly on my skin. It reminds me of soaked tea bag in a tea cup. But the truth is that it appears at the drydown, the opening and beggining of this fragrance are dominated by violet leaves and bergamot.

crypticat

Quite a few people mention the tea note, but rather than black tea, I'm reminded of vanilla Rooibos tea with milk and a little sugar. There is also a cool note to offset the warm tea. Pleasant, but minimal projection for me.
I enjoy the smell immensely, but have to bury my nose in my skin to get it.

fayez188
fayez188

لن تحبه كثيرا

لكن ليس سيئا جدا

القديم الذ واحلى خصوصا بالشتاء
gucci pour homme

whizza
whizza

First of all, this is a magnificent fragrance. I am by no means a tea lover, but this scent just puts me at ease. The opening is fresh and sparkling, but only just for a few seconds. Almost immediately the black tea and pimento make their way to the forefront, and you're hit with an incredibly soothing, warm smell. Right after, the cinnamon pops up, and all of a sudden, all is well in the world.

Now, all the stuff I just mention is purely subjective, of course. But believe you me when I tell you that this is quality juice, for sure.

As far as performance goes, I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least. As I'm writing this I've had four sprays rocking on my skin for about four hours, and it's GOING! For some reason, this stuff is stronger now, at four hours, than during hour one. It just keeps on growing. Projection is pretty good too. Three sprays deep and my wife had no problem smelling me from across the livingroom.

So all in all I'm supremely impressed. Sure, this stuff isn't a total screamer. Yet, while this stuff is quite gentle and unoffensive, it still performs like a champ. Don't mistake its initial gentle touch for a lack of quality. Nothing could be further from the truth.

9/10 - A fantastic spicy tea based scent that performs surprisingly well, considering its reputation.

Marciu

I'm starting to believe less is more with this Gucci. Today at morning (at 10 AM) I sprayed 5 sprays, as usual(two on the pulse points on the neck, one on the front of the neck and one on each wrist). Then I went to visit my grandma, she said I smell beautiful, but she already knows I'm into fragrances... When I came back home, my mom asked me why I re-applied the perfume. I asked her to precise what she wanted to say and I heard, that I smell very nice, but the amount of fragrance that I have on me makes it cloying to her taste. I said that I didn't re-applied it! Now it's 11 PM and I still project quite strong...

So, you might not detect GPH II on yourself anymore, but people around you can smell your perfume easily!

And I love this Gucci for that also.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

This is a great cup of tea, dash of spice scent. Opens with a burst of tea leaves and what I call 'cologne note', quickly the tobacco appears with cinnamon and a sneaky little pimento! This became a skin scent pretty quick, and sometimes I noticed the violet leaves, which I'm not too found of, but they don't ruin the scent. The pimento is really unique, I kept catching wafts of it, nice! I think this could be unisex, but definitely try ladies before you buy, because that 'cologne note' that initially appears might ruin for you.

Marcos Oliveira

Gucci II está descontinuado,mas é um belo perfume,discreto com notas equilibradas envolto de chá com canela exalando em volta se misturando um acorde floral das folhas de violeta com base de tabaco e couro , sedutora a fragancia,porém versatil...exala sofisticação e mesmo sendo sútil se faz presente a quem se aproxima de voce em torno de um ante-braço. pena que está cada vez mais dificil encontrar Gucci II ,vale a pena investir.

amir68
amir68

I like GPH||. Great scent and great quality by Gucci. I've heard lots of good stuff about Tea for 2 by L'Artisan Parfumeur. I know Tea for 2 is very hard to find. They say there is a similarity between them! Has anybody ever tried to layer these two frags together?? Just curious.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

At first I thought this was mainly a tobacco scent, but, yes, I can detect the black tea in it now. A nice mix of both. The best Gucci fragrance for me - I like this stuff.

Also, in addition to Outremer Oceane, one of my favorite blue-colored fragrances. (Those tend to be clean/fresh/sporty/acquatic, which I don't care for.)

Sits close to the skin on me, like 95% of the stuff I try.

The bottle has a very nice heft - feels solid. Good work, there!

My wife did a prolonged Mmmmmmm when she smelled it on me. She doesn't do that very often. Maybe I should get a bottle of this, huh?

---------

Second wearing: I like this stuff even more. For a recent scent, it's unusual. Not the same old thing at all. Lasts on my skin, too - a notable feat for a newer fragrance.

ianannable
ianannable

Great fragrance. Top quality stuff. Extremely comfortable to wear in all seasons. A lovely tea and spicy composition, that is very relaxing. Strongly recommended.

Marciu

@jacobbonilla - could you tell us why you think it's not discontinued? I'm very curious about it :D

kaysee

Why has it been discontinued? Is Gucci out of their minds? And what's with the 'guilty' and 'made to measure' generic shit?
They have to bring back Gucci II. for Christ's sake.

mikkov26
mikkov26

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. Gucci Pour Homme II has gained very good reviews but for me it's just a little above average.

It's a nice everyday -scent because it's not irritating. It is gentle and sweet but for me there's nothing special in it. Nice office scent imo.

Gucci Pour Homme II gets 7 out of 10 from me.

edit: This has grown on me and I think it's very nice actually and it deserves 8.5 out of 10.

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Wow. This stuff smells incredible. It opens with the bergamot and violet leaf but very soon you get a bit of cinnamon and this gorgeous black tea note. It's refreshing yet warm at the same time! And it just stays awesome throughout the entire dry down

Longevity is pretty decent, around 4-6 hours on me. And it is very close to the skin but I actually like that about it. Suitable for any age, occasion and season! Plus I love the bottle. MUST TRY/BUY!

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

A day on the beach and a night on the town. This is the scent. Very easy to wear, fun, relaxing to myself, and pleasing to others. Good times.

When it first came out I didn't like it because 1) I was a snob and 2) because my expectations were very different due to the previous offering from Gucci. However, over the years it has grown on me into one of my favorites which I reach for again and again, especially on fun occasions.

Scentica2009
Scentica2009

This is one of the weirdest fragrances I ever bought, its definitely a love or hate scent....its just weird but I like it, did get lots of compliments of women too.

stemziez
stemziez

I love this fragrance.
I'm waiting to buy it for someone special. I wish I could wear it, I like it that much.
Guys, if you're looking for something that ladies will find irresistible, I suggest this one. Really.

braindead83

The more i wear this the more I fall in love with it. Every time I discover new parts to this beautifully layered fragrance that I hadn't noticed before.

It blows me away.

Smyle12

Tell it, Stacks! Amen, amen, brotha'! Of the nearly 50 fragrances I own, this is my girlfriend's hands-down favourite without question! It drives her wild!!! :D One of the last truly great designers. Admittedly, she hasn't smelled LIDGE yet, but I'm saving that one for a "very special day"! :D

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

What a comfortable fragrance. I was a bit afraid the tea note would remind me of a Bulgary scent, I have two of them and I like them, but it doesn't it seems to just add a little warmth without being hot. I can smell violet leaves, cinnamom, tea and mihrr. The clean feeling must be the musk. No pepper or pimento. No citrus at all. Is it the tabaco that give its sweetness? GPH II is a bit smokey but just a bit enough to add masculinity because for a moment it smelt a little feminine. So, it is also a bit sweet.I get little of a barbershop/soap feeling, not that I mind it at all.I sprayed it on my arm and the stain shone for quite a while, that I suppose means that there are essencial oils in it? But as it is very different from my other scents I couldn't be happier with this yet another blind buy. I appreciate and thank all the reviewers who happen to be right. You know who you are, thanks. On the other hand, there is a lot of misleading information going on here. Sorry to say.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I am very happy to have found this fragrance for a decent price of $55 CAD. From what I've read over here, people complain about the longevity and projection, but I don't seem to have trouble with the longevity. It lasts for 10 hours on my dry skin, just like Dolce & Gabbana The One and Burberry London. It doesn't project very well on me either but I guess its a fragrance for personal enjoyment. This is one of the most heavenly fragrances I have ever smelled.
If you see it in a shop, don't think, just buy it.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Really interesting...one of the best examples of a scent that is cool and warm at the same time. Smells gray and purple, or gray and steel blue (i.e. the color of the juice is very appropriate). It starts with a sharp, clean, direct sweetness which by all accounts should be too much, but isn't because of the spices and herbs. It lies somewhere between pepsin bubble gum and rootbeer, both of which should instantly turn me off, but it draws me in because it ambiguously stops short of mimicking either one. I don't like pepper in scents, but the tiny bit here plus the added pimento gives a similar little tang without actually irritating my nose. It doesn't evolve much but I don't find that to be a problem. It's never quite what I expect it to be, and it never quite strays into any of the different types of "too sweet" that I'm so used to encountering.

Marciu

OMG... I read all those bashing reviews. What can I say... I thought I won't like GPH II when I tried it for the very first time. It was winter I guess. The opening was sour and potent and then it dried down to a heavenly smell of warm cinnamon tea with a hint of spice. I knew I have to buy it. And guess what - now I love the opening also! I just know it's the mix of violet and bergamot. And it projects on me quite well. Longevity? Always 8+ hrs. No joke guys!

I love it.

taskalizer
taskalizer

Warning: this stuff has almost no projection and no longevity at all. It just projects for half an hour and then sticks to the skin for almost an hour or an hour and a half. But the question is: do you really wanna spend your money for ineffectiveness? Even if it is the smell of paradise itself, what's the use of it if it doesn't even work? The only possible way to do with it is to carry the heaviest bottle known in designer perfume industry wherever you go and keep spraying every half an hour or so. I don't even get how many people have this as their signature scent. Having this as your signature scent is like having NOTHING as your signature scent. I've warned you and I'll not be responsible for the consequences if you do at the end get yourself this!

Evilpimp
Evilpimp

Does anyone else think it kind of smells like Dior Fahrenheit in the opening

CRIALESV
CRIALESV

I like it. GPH2 has been on me half of the day and what I get is tea and tobacco leaf with a dash of cinnamon I think the tobacco leaf gives it its sex appeal. Not a loud fragrance but one that someone could appreciate from up close. It doesn't project much but I'm okay with that. Def worth a sniff. If anyone wants to sell me a cap to a 100ml bottle of this fragrance, I would greatly appreciate it.

leathermountain
leathermountain

This is a sweet and light leathered iris. Lovely.

BeautifulDecay
BeautifulDecay

I really love this cologne. It's not loud yet it's not quiet either. You can very distinctly smell the violet, tobacco and especially the cinnamon. It's very classy yet casual. I like this cologne more so during the winter rather then the summer mainly because the cinnamon and tobacco reminds me of cold winter days especially Christmas but it works just as good in the summer. I'm sure it's not every ones type of cologne so I wouldn't suggest buying blind but it's really worth the try.

snakeface
snakeface

When I wear this I want to eat myself, so good, the last one from Gucci that I can call masterpiece, not trash like the new ones.
I wear it mostly in summer and on my skin lasts very long time.
Extraordinary and exceptional fragrance.

areyouin729
areyouin729

this is so much different than what I normally like but I LOVE this one and so do the ladies; it's very relaxed and calming.

kambelz
kambelz

Probably the only cologne in my wardrobe that truly makes me feel at ease. Calming black tea and cinnamon sticks with a little sweetness and some tobacco leaf. Very light. You could shower with it and still not offend people. Also my favorite bottle I have. The bottle looks beautiful. It's a masterpiece and I hands down like it better than any other Gucci fragrance.

Marciu

@ Alyluz222 - IMO this is a perfect UNISEX scent, wearable both for women and men. This one is warm and spicy, its top notes are fresh. Try it. I'd say you'll love it :D

Alyluz222
Alyluz222

The notes sound like they would produce a fresh yet warm spicy scent. I feel like there aren't enough scents like these for women. Usually the spicy fragrances marketed towards women are meant for dressy, nocturnal occasions. I want a warm, fresh and spicy everyday scent. Could this work on a lady? What do you guys think?

Mirza
Mirza

the drydown of this fragrance is really like azzaro chrome ,by the way the sillage of this perfume is awful but i love the smell from this gucci :p

Marciu

@pjd1234 I pray you were right that Gucci haven't discontinued this masterpiece YET. I could buy some backup bottles :D

In my country it's still available, but quite expensive. Luckilly from time to time it's retailed.

luckykingPT
luckykingPT

This fragrance smell SOOOO goodddd...when I first tried it out at sephora I was planning on buying dior dior homme but when I saw this I just had to try it because of so many positive comments on here. OMG it smells nice...it exudes sexy masculinity, casual yet alluring. of course it doesn't last as long as dior dior homme which my sister loves and think is divine on a man so now i still haven't decided which one I'm going to buy :(. one thing is for certain, for as long as this fragrance last you WILL smell sexy like 'why yes I dress to impress but I didn't mean to & I don't give a f*k if you don't like it! :)
...alright its getting late and Im tired but i just had to write this review before bed because this fragrance really impressed me today :D...

PS. I lOVE hearing women's opinion on men's fragrance just as am sure women love hearing men's opinion on theirs. I don't care how many guys out there like a particular fragrance all that matters is what the ladies think of it, you know what I mean? ;) that being said LADIES keep up the good work and thanks for the honest reviews! :)

pjd1234
pjd1234

GUCCI POUR HOMME 2 this is by far my favorite gucci scent next to gucci pour homme 1. The black tea is very proninant throughout the scent which is very very nice i dont really feel the bergamot in the opening a very slight tinge of violet leaf then the scent goes immidiately in the heart notes. In the heart notes the cinnamon,pimento,black tea are present its just that the black tea is more noticable.
At the base the black tea is still there i do get a hint of tobacco i dont know about the olive tree or myrrh as i dont know whats the smell of myrrh the musk barely noticable. My experience on the overall scent is black tea. This is a tea based fragrance and its good very comforting smell i think its a pretty linear scent and it does not evolve that much which i dont mind. When i spray it i imagine myself in a cold weather in a high rise building in a patio chillin and relaxing cold breeze in the air sipping on a hot expensive black tea leaf (those you buy in china town or expensive tea shop not the cheap grocery tea ones) and warming me up comfortably. The projection is poor to moderate but this one stays longer on the skin 6-8 hours on average thats very good and also FYI this is the only old gucci scent that is still in production its a good thing this is still available everywhere and as far as i know they have not discontinued this one YET so grab it while you can i did not hesitate to buy 2 bottles of GP2 all in all GREAT AND A CLASSIC IN MY BOOK.
longevity 8/10 6-8 hours on my skin
projection poor to moderate 6/10
overall smell 9/10 ill give high remarks on this one as i enjoy the overall smell
uniqueness 9/10 very unique i have not smell any similar scent in my collection or any fragrance in my experience.
price vs quality 9/10 you can basically get it at 74 usd which i think is very much reasonable
versatility cold weather scent day or night, works good on summer nights.

havardize
havardize

Perfume bem legal, Um mix de chá preto bem perceptível, parecendo aqueles chás gelados que vendem por ai, com folha de violeta e uma canela bem refinada, parecida um pouco com a do Spicebomb, só que bem suave.
O que lasca é a fixação huehue, muito pouca, é do tipo borrifa, passou 40 minutos e desaparece.

Marciu

For those who say it has bad longevity - either it mixes not so well with your skin, your perfume is old, or the juice is spoiled or bad(e.g. sun shone on it for too long time).

Each time I wear Gucci PH II I get AT LEAST 8 hours with 5-sprays from the bottle(not decant), but usually I get easily 10 hours with it. Sillage depends on the season IMO - I detect it easier on me when it's cold, it leaves a trail then for the first 4 hours, later on it sticks to the skin. But each time I wear it, I get really A LOT of compliments.

jht4060
jht4060

Gucci Pour Homme II is an excellent fresh spicy cologne with a bizarre choice of name. For those of you who never got to smell it, Gucci Pour Homme was dark, sharp, peppery, woody, musky, and very strong. Gucci Pour Homme II comes in the same bottle with a different colored cap (and dyed blue, ugh) but it is otherwise utterly different, so much so that it has taken me awhile to appreciate it. I loved the discontinued Pour Homme and I was hoping for something like a flanker with Pour Homme II, and the Gucci notes seem to encourage that. To my nose they are close to polar opposites. Once I got over the misleading marketing, I have come to like PHII.

PHII opens with lots of violet leaf and a bit of bergamot, with some cinnamon starting to show up early as well. I also imagine a red apple note not listed. The middle is mostly a spicy black tea with the continuing violet note and a touch of marine freshness (but only a touch, I wouldn't call this aquatic despite the color). Some tobacco and wood come into a pleasant but uninspired base. Overall, well blended though perhaps a bit heavy on the cinnamon.

PHII is weak so be ready to spray a lot and its longevity is moderate. It is more an everyday, movie date scent, not so much an elegant dinner and symphony scent.

ilsagold
ilsagold

Beautiful smell of tea and some cinnamon (I can't get much tobacco). Longevity up to 2-3 hours at max. Skin scent. I decided to wear this on windy days, only that way I can get whiffs of it. And trust me that whiffs are good.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Fairly linear on the tea note, but what a great ride! Just a hint of cinimmon and tobacco thrown in to balance the sweetness. I get 6+ hours longevity and enough sillage to be noticed but not overwhelm.

I also have worn and enjoyed L'Aritisan Tea for Two. While similar, GPH II has better longevity, espeically with the tea note. Tea for Two has an added spicy, almost incense note which makes for a great opening, but sadly it fades too quickly.

DaddysLittleHelper
DaddysLittleHelper

I have to echo Laughingbird, which is so unfortuante for me, I should LOVE This, it should be my signature, but on me, I smell the Pimento and Olive, something ozonic and almost like a dirty water smell to it.

So I went to try it out based on reviews/notes and on paper it was pretty subtle so I passed, coming back and reading the notes, I said well I HAVE to try it on my skin.

And it was terrible on me :( I almost thought I must have a bad tester, I have been scouring Fragrantica for a negative review to see if it was just me, too terrified to try it again, or buy it "blind" to see if the fresh bottle was different. And then Laughingbird confirmed what I experienced.

I am sure this is a great masterpiece on most peoples skin, and it is still readily available at Ulta, there are 2 Ultas around where I live and they both have multiple bottles on the shelves, I would buy them up if it worked on me, sadly it doesnt and Myrrh is my favorite note, such a disappointment

longlost00
longlost00

Beautiful black tea and cinnamon, but sticks like glue to my skin and is gone in 30 minutes. I'd have to reapply every 90 minutes just to keep it noticeable at all.
Unfortunately, there's others I'd rather have to round out the wardrobe. Smells great, just not for long.

eric.cius
eric.cius

Scent wise this has to be there in among the greatest scents you'll ever smell, anywhere. It lasts a very long time, it may not blast in your face but it's there for well over 8hrs. It's probably a good thing it's not a projection monster because you'd be sexually assualted by women, men and probably even animals.

This is a materpiece. If you see it, buy it.

MarFreire
MarFreire

wow.it´s the best. warm, subtle, excellent tea, with a gentle cinnamon and tobacco .. I Found a competitor for my Dior fahrenheit.

titanium84
titanium84

this is my seccond favorite scent after the A&F fierce

very long lasting, great endurance and smell

Billdabong
Billdabong

Smells like a new car, as the woman at the store said, "It smells like a new Cadillac which I used to sell," and I don't take that positively.

laughingbird
laughingbird

Bummer, on me, this smells like rubber, cowhide, something a little sour and a little bitter and grassy - maybe like wheat grass in lime juice. Got no sweetness or spice on my skin. Did get a headache, and this definitely lingers - couldn't scrub it off in fact.

PaulyFe12
PaulyFe12

My date night fragrance. I am very selfish and hordish with this juice because of how much I like it. I use as little of it as possible. Smells like a cup of sweet tea, with cinnamin and a hint of tabacco spinkled around the cup. A sweet but not too sweet fragrance that honestly makes u wanna cuddle. Use in the fall, spring and date nights and your will be golden. Wouldnt recommend it for clubbing due to its subtle nature, it would be drowned out by other powerfull frags worn to the clubbs and bars.

Scent: 10/10 Perfect on my skin

Silliage: 7/10 Projects good for the first hour or two, then sticks close to the skin

Longevity: 7/10 5-8 decent wish it lasted longer though

Marciu

BTW, this quotation intrigues me...

"Four years after Gucci Pour Homme, Gucci launched Gucci Pour Homme II, created by Karine Dubreuil just like the first one."

What does it mean? Gucci Pour Homme I was created by Michel Almairac, not by Karen Dubreuil, as far as I know...

danthestudent
danthestudent

This is definitely a great smelling fragrance. Sweet, unique scent thats versatile as it would suit daytime wear and evening wear. Wouldnt reccomend as a clubbing fragrance as siliage is poor aswell as longgevity, on my skin it lasts about half an hour before drying down to a skin scent. Perfect for date night/close quarter situations, a must have in any collection

paez
paez

everything about this great fragrance is wonderful except longevity and sillage, all we need is "gucci pour homme ii extreme" (:

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is a beautiful scent. After Gucci Envy, this has got to be their best. If there were an intense version of this in Perfume form, it would be ridiculous. It's sweet, floral, musky, and I get a hint of woods in there. It's not loud at all as it stays close to the skin. Gucci should reformulate this and make it stronger. Try it.

Thorlund
Thorlund

Truly divine. The black tea note blends beautifully with the cinnamon note, and neither becomes overwhelming in any way. Very elegant and masculine; a true masterpiece!

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Oh man, I absolutely Love this fragrance! BUT, I only get 3-4 hrs tops on my skin which really sucks. Other wise this would be my signature scent for sure!!

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Yes, one of my top 5. Classy and sophiscated.Will always have this on my shelf.

iko4177
iko4177

To my nose....it's a kinda eau des baux..in a weaker version...

malik2011

It reminds me of a serene night in the lap of small full of flowers garden, gallantries whispered..... etc

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

a very classy & gentle perfume..elegant...calming therapy..
last few years' best from Gucci.
the black tea note is just great with cinnamon...
low projection quiet stays close-almost within the skin actually...
good longevity..
excellent smooth notes extremely well blended..

I believe this perfume must be worn by people who will treat it as a first class scent because it does deserve respect...
real A+

Winter Breeze
Winter Breeze

Absolutely gorgeous scent, Nice warm black tea with a hint of spice. It's so versatile it would make a great signature scent for anyone looking for a sophisticated all year round any occasion scent.

9.5/10

Plucus21
Plucus21

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE! Cinnamon, Tea, and Violet Leaf comes across extremely smooth and comforting. This is the only scent that I own 4 bottles of. Top 5 men's scents of all time IMO.

Now, for some this may no last long but on my skin this lasts for about 6-8 hours. Thank God for that because this is in my top two favorite scents of all time. I have worn this many times and have received compliments for younger and older women. While the projection and silage are not crazy I get a good 1 foot scent bubble on my skin. Be forewarned though that this does not lasts long on many people due to their skin chemistry. If this lasts on your skin you need to get this scent!

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I personally can pull this off in a white tee and dickies also in a super wool suit..I enjoy the unique tea scent with the myrrh and violet..and I did two sprays to the chest and I'm good for 4 hours..wish it only took one spray to project the way I desire..but ehh they can't please everyone..some folks may only want a light scent..this scent does kind of turn me off slightly in that it reminds me of a doctor's office smell from when I was a git..but the violet and tea are relaxing and smooth..relaxing on the beach or in a lounge waiting for the right lady to enter while enjoying your drink..and women like tea scents..the violet, tea, and myrrh will even get the ladies to relax with you--BELIEVE ME

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Go get this, u won't regret it.

I feel so highclass when i use it. Projection is not an issue, just double spray and spray a tad more thaN usual, it's ok coz this is such a beautiful gorgeous aromatic scent. The black tea note stands out nicely. What else can i say, the bottle alone screams Rich and Luxurious,

NIKOS_D_CH
NIKOS_D_CH

I WENT TO A STORE IN ORDER TO TEST IT, I PUT IT ON MY WRIST AND COULD NOT SMELL ANYTHING, MAYBE THE TESTER WERE QUITE OLD, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

fraggy25
fraggy25

wonderful perfume... definitely a try, buy it for your hubby! :)

Nickel
Nickel

I got a compliment recently that I kinda smelled like Banana and Tea..Of course the tea and spicy notes are dominant. But I can kinda see where the Banana compliment came from..

Marciu

By the way, I've forgotten to mention, than longevity is superb. I easily get 10 hours with Gucci PH II, it stays rather close to skin though. Well, not exactly. Its sillage during first 3 hours is quite impressive on me, it projects so well, that people notice me and my Gucci II. Then it's getting rather a close to skin scent, but noticeable, when people sorround me.

And, hell yes, it's a compliment getter! I get compliments each time I wear it.

I think it fits both to casual and formal style of dressing. Because it's versatile and I feel very good wearing it.

silentrich

Beautiful fragrance. Black tea with some violet leaf and a touch of tobacco. GPH II is all about the spiceness of the black tea which is very well done. One of the best men's fragrances on the market. 9 out 10.

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

I love the bottle design. Gucci in general is always just one of those classics! You can rarely go wrong with Gucci!

selinu
selinu

I absolutely love this on my boyfriend. It smells like my fav tea earl grey. With a tiny bit sugar and cinnamon. Simple, unique and pure. Silage looks problem for you guys but when I enter somewhere that my boyfriend is already in, I smell this beauty immediately. Haha I start sniffing the air right away :D It should be funny watching me for a random person :D still, sometimes its hard to smell it on him even if we are close to each other. It must be weather or difference of the amount he applied. LOVELY SCENT...
And the bottle is really cute for a mens frag. It looks really pure

nadiraydin
nadiraydin

Smooth, relaxing and elegant.

I get intensive violet and some bergamot at the opening. I think the violet stays till the end and it makes the scent a bit feminen but not much, in a good balance. Then the show starts at middle notes: An aromatic tea with cinnamon, soft pepper and sweet spices combined perfectly. They move together in harmony and make you feel each of them. Warm and nice blend. Then the scent fades out with a soft sweetness, probably the musk and fresh tobacco leafs.

I have to say; lasting power is not super and it stays really close to skin eventhough I spray it 6-8 times at least. I got better results on clothes. I think it goes better with classy look, doesn't match with sportwear. And to me it's exactly for autumn, especially perfect for windy days! However I can't stop using it in spring and summer :)

If it had a better projection it would be a masterpiece. In my top 10 with no doubt!

fahadharoon
fahadharoon

Absolute gem. So relaxing. Its a pity though that silage is so confined. The tea note is so smooth that it makes you feel at ease, and mix that with the tobacco, you get this wonderful manly smell. I cant find a discount on this one anywhere, probably because it sells itself. Definitely worth another buy.

update: i am so glad that unlike others, i do get a decent longevity. I would like to withdraw my comments about the silage as well. Its not a monster but does project fairly. A good office fragrance overall.

just bought another bottle.

psychomotif
psychomotif

Smells very similar to Viktor and Rolf spicebomb .Its little milder than spicebomb.

Longitivity and projection on skin I would say below average,but sticks to clothes for about 7 to 8 hrs.

I would rather buy Spicebomb for more longitivity, projection,almost same price and smells stronger.

sham.rhanie
sham.rhanie

just loved it...

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

One of my all-time favorites! This scent is amazing! It stays close to the skin, however this is the intimacy that is not for everyone, rather for that special One :)
Whoever said that is discontinued, is WRONG! It's still on Gucci' s website at classics section and you can purchase it at every airport's duty free too!

Marciu

This fragrance is pure magic on my skin! When I tested it at very beggining few months ago, I didn't like it because of the mix of violet and bergamot which actually smells like sour cucumbers on my skin... But then the scent evolves, a lot! It's changing into strong, black tea with myrrhe and cinnamon, and a hint of pimento. The base of fragrance is also interesting, I've noticed a hint of tobacco and olive tree also :D

I fell in love in it and I hardly imagine living without it :( Unfortunately, it's discontinued...

silentrich

Violet leaf, black cinnamon spiced tea, with a touch of tobacco. Also, this does project and people can smell it. It's not going to overwhelm which makes it perfect for work or an environment where you'll be close to people.

persefoni
persefoni

Lovely oriental scent (in my opinion), it lingers for hours and is wearable by all! Deep, soft, warm and yet invigorating and evolving.

The cinnamon, tobacco and myrrh lie beautifully on the tea base - the result differs on people, i've been told. I love it on me, and i'm a girl!

And why on earth has this been discontinued..????

RickS1169
RickS1169

this is such a soothing fragrance! the prominent notes i get from this are the black tea, cinnamon, violet, and a slight tobacco base. I spray this on when i want to relax or read a book. some users complain of low projection/longevity but i get about 5-7 hour longevity and average projection. another must try scent.

kamikaze702k
kamikaze702k

alot of reviews mention tea!! but i dont get no tea at all!! maybe im not drinking the same tea you all do?! and this opening is certainly not near Fahrenheit! nor 212! i guess we are all different, and smell differently?! to me this fragrance is light smooth fresh refreshing calming elegant gentleness of a giant! probably the last of the best gucci fragrances, this is my second fav from gucci, my first will always be gucci pour homme! but it has been discontinued, which is a big big shame!! anyhow, back to this fragrance, my rating out of 10 would be an overall 6, its nothing special, the original is king!!

kaysee

I get tobacco and myrrh throughout the whole time.
I really love it, very sexy and fresh.
I get lots of compliments from girls and guys.
I think it's a bit of a more 'serious' fragrance, like business like or for a nice night out. But I don't restrict my fragrances according to that.
I wear it all the time, no matter the temperature, season or time.
One of my faves!

LandHo
LandHo

Brand new to fragrance "addiction" and am still determining what I like and don't. First review of any scent and glad that it's GPH2. While I love the tea note and agree that it doesn't last or project near long enough I am amazed at the early and brief violet note. Never thought I would be searching other fragrances for what, in my ignorance, I would have considered a feminine note. If anyone can recommend another fragrance that has that same violet I would appreciate it. Narciso Rodriquez is too "wet" of a violet and something like Grey Flannel is to "sharp" - GPH2 is what I would call bright and airy (again, I have an "un-trained" nose). BTW, thanks to all those who provide in-depth reviews that give those of us who are new to the game something to consider. Still can't get over how some things can smell soo good to some and soo bad to others.

Deefit

I like how this smells, too bad it's so close to the skin.

danielresendem
danielresendem

Not bad, but it's boring.. haven't nothing of special.
Smell like a baby lotion !

beautifulstranger
beautifulstranger

Has to be my absolute all-time fragrance. Fresh, crisp, clean, breezy. When read that it's being discontinued, I bought 22 bottles in order to enjoy it for as long as possible. Truly worth splashing out on it, so I can keep on splashing it on me!

Foxtrot
Foxtrot

This was a blind buy basesd on reviews. This doesnt smell bad nor spectacular but not worth the money by my nose. I get tea and nothing but tea, very light and close to the skin. Great for the office but I have other fragarances that do the same thing for half the price.

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

This one makes me happy every time I smell it. Hard to imagine something so soft can come out of a bottle with with such sharp corners.

aceinyerface
aceinyerface

Smells like my mother's Revlon Charlie from the 70's.

benpitt
benpitt

Take out the pepper notes in Carbone de Balmain, and you have the wonderful Gucci II.

Radiation
Radiation

What can I say about this one that hasn't already been said? First the negative, very close to the skin, poor longevity about 3-5 hours depending on what I'm wearing and time of year.

That said this one blew my mind the first time I smelled it. To say this is anything other than tea would be a silly. No pepper, no violet leaves, tobacco, myrrh... Sorry none of those are there. A little bit of spice, but mostly just tea. This is just the most amazing tea scent that I absolutely love. I had to buy it when I smelled it.

beaconaust
beaconaust

Gucci Pour Homme 1 was just too out there! Way too intense and attention grabbing. Pour Homme 11 seems to have gone a little far the other way. I really like the violet leaves in th top note, but it seems to fade before it gets to the finish line. Is this a case of overcompensation by Gucci. Perhaps if hey dialed back on 1and diled up on 11, he might have achieved two winners. At he moment, neither scent gets my bet.

dshiler
dshiler

This frag is sprayed on my wrist as I type..and honestly I dont just get it. I was seriously lookin 4ward to gettin this order after d positive review here. But sad to say it let me down. By far this is d worst frag in my lil collection (over 40 frags n countin).
Mayb gucci2 was just unlucky she got delivered with 8 other potent nosegasm givin frags I ordered.. (guarlain heritage, lalique homage, TM pure havane, aramis classic, kenzo pour homme, ysl opium, yslM7 oud and cartier declaration) so no..I dont like gucci2, smells like a weak shampoo. .I"ll prolly gift this out..

itachi
itachi

i give it a 9+, if it had longevety and projection i would give it a 10, i really love this fragrance but it fades away after minutes. a damn shame

samirbaruah
samirbaruah

This is just amazing!...This is the most ballanced perfume I have ever used. Definitely perfect ten from my side :)

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

With YSL - L'Homme this is one of the best all around signature scents that can be worn anytime and anyday. Great.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

Is it discontinued??!!.....i can't find it anymore. I love love this perfume and have been buying it for my husband almost since it first came out.....the smell of tobacco in this is very well done and soooooo sexy..... would be a shame if they no longer make it.

ryanmorgan

My last comment wasn't a review, more of a rant, sorry about that. If I were to say anything about this fragrance it would be I'm sexy and I know it, I'm a man that isn't trying to prove anything. I love it !!!

8times
8times

I try not to buy fragances until I have tested them a couple of times to see how they settle on my skin. I tried this one on and left the shop not intending to buy it but after a short time walking around town I went straight back and bought it. It does last on me, but as others have said it sits close to my skin which is a pity as this smell is one of the best in my opinion.

kreshnabolo
kreshnabolo

This fragrance is the only fragrance that calms me the most.

the opening starts with the bergamot freshness that is gone after a few seconds. then the cinnamon note comes in with the tea note that somehow soothes and calms.

once it gets to the heart, the cinnamon gets more prominent and the tea note still lingers on, the pimento note emerges and adds more spiciness to the fragrance.
once it dries down, it gets to a really smooth sweet musk that smells heavenly :D

the fragrance is blended and crafted masterfully that i consider this scent is almost niche quality.

the longevity is really awesome 8-10 hours
but the downside is in the projection, it sticks close to the skin.

one of the most versatile fragrance i have smelled / owned. all season, any occasion.

people in my world almost all adore this scent due to the smoothness and the low profile sexiness that emanates from this fragrance. low projection doesnt mean a bad thing, this scent is meant to be low profile :D

i recommend this fragrance to everyone man or woman and to people that is not used to smelling fragrances, this is a good fragrance to start :D

a true masterpiece by Gucci

ryanmorgan

I'm literally devastated ! ! My signature scent, for me the ultimate smell of all time. People associate this with me and it's going ! I'm angry, upset, I feel like I've been cheated on but worse ! SO FRUSTRATED !!!!! I will never buy a Gucci fragrance again ! just for fear of liking it too much the having my heart torn out ! that's how I feel, bit dramatic ?? it's the truth !!!!

fresh_scents

For some, the calming quality of Gucci Pour Homme II is universal. GPH2 can be worn by many and in any situation. I love the scent and how I will repurpose the bottle as a desk paper weight. Two thumbs up for GPH2!

kambelzful
kambelzful

The best fragrance, in my opinion, out of the Gucci house. It's very simple, but just smells great. It is a skin scent for it's whole duration, but lasts 8+ hours on my skin, and can easily be worn all year round. And it just smells really nice and classy, and I love the smell of tea, so this fragrance is perfect for me.

It is pretty linear, and the vibe I get out of it, is Black Tea with Cinnamon sticks in it. I almost can smell the hot water wetness out of it, so it actually smells like I am smelling a cup of tea. I have no idea how Gucci did that, but it's awesome! I get little hints of things in the background. I actually smell a little cloves in the background, along with some semi-sour note that kind of smells like Kalamata Olives. I think I may get hints of tobacco as well. Overall, very pleasing scent to the nose and very calming. Great for dates or romantic occasions. Just good stuff! One of my favorite bottles as well.

3gecos
3gecos

Chill-out music,sorry,the best chill-out music!It's the only analogy that i can think of when i smell this perfume!If there is something that all the reviewers were right it's the fact that this perfume has a calming vibe.I already used 2 samples and I think I will become addicted!

rainman36
rainman36

Love this in the fall,while drinking a cup of tea,wonderful fragrance,very versatile.

guillermostf
guillermostf

the scent is full of tea and pencil woods in spite there's no wood in the composition as we can see in description above. So soft scent and long lasting. It's very gentle.

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is a nice fragrance. It smells like sweet tea, but very subtle. It's not a projection or longevity beast — that's my only gripe about it. Nevertheless, good juice.

steve0580
steve0580

Love it! A blind buy that I'm extremely happy with.

Regardless of what the ingredient list says, it smells sweet and lightly powdered. I'd lean toward this one being more unisex.

Don't expect heavy projection out of it.

rzetzm
rzetzm

A really special, clean, fresh scent, it's hints of woods and tobacco, with that amazing ozonic drift...

Good all-round scent. Very versatile, non-offensive, good for play or work, night or day, hot or cold, this seems to pick up wherever you left off...

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

The tea note in this dominates along with a "clove-like" aroma. Very masculine and striking.

burgija
burgija

I bought it years ago at the airport duty-free, I just liked the scent and it was placed among other parfumes for females... It was just super awesome, fresh and optimistic, but yet stabile and with an attitude. Reactions of my female collegues were "omg, youuuu smell sooo gooood, what is it?!", I was answering proudly - 'Gucci, the blue one'. I figured out after 6 months when I actually payed attention to the parfume's name - I was using a male parfume actually... Altough I still thing it can go as a unisex... ^_^
My boyfriend is using it now, we simply love it. For any time and any occasion. 10+ :)

Deefit

Sampled this the other day and it smelled nice. But what really got my attention was the bottle. I know this site is about fragrances, but as a designer I just had to point this out hehe.

Kain
Kain

Tea is the main drink of most people in Asia and as a guy who lives in Asia, I'm saying that this fragrance smell more like green tea. like fresh and green tea leaf's. it doesn't smell like dried, black tea that taste and smell bitter with dark aura.
Add fresh and green tea leafs in a teapot,some boiling water, some spicy cinnamon and then something sweet in it. now smell it. you have the scent of this fragrance.
The tobacco note supposed to give the scent a dark aura but it's not that strong and in my opinion this fragrance does not have a dark smell and feeling.
It's more green and natural instead of dark and exotic.
The smell is very good and pleasant but it's not a unique scent.
Average projection and longevity.
اين يه عطر بر پايه رايحه چاي هست منتها نه چاي خشك و سياه كه بوي تلخ و تاريكي داره
بوش شبيه بوي چاي سبز و برگهاي تازه چاي هست كه بريزين تو قوري و بهش كمي دارچين و كمي مواد شيرين كننده اضافه كنين و بعد بوش كنين. همچين بويي داره
بوي توتون تو اين عطر خيلي ضعيفه و نميتونه حس تاريك به اين عطر بده و در اين زمينه به نظر من زياد موفق نيست
بوي خوبي داره اما راستش به هيچ وجه بوي خاص و منحصربفردي نداره كه شما رو هيجان زده بكنه
پخش بو و ماندگاري متوسطي داره

kuba
kuba

its better you smell a ciggarette smoke than this one!!!

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Got this in the mail today!
I liked the smell but it was nothing groundbreaking for me! It's to settled for me...I couldnt even smelled it for the first spray..it was like spray water....with some tea in it....
I can really understand why people like this, perfect for work and stuffs...but for me..i like stronger fragrances..7/10

fuggerone
fuggerone

a real underrated gem, multitasking for day and night, summer or winter..stockpiled..rumors of discontinuation!

braindead83

I have owned this fragrance now for about 3 years. I made this purchase as a blind buy from the Macy's website simply based on the volume of quality reviews.

What a fragrance. I am not yet quite accustomed to defining particular notes in a scent, but i will tell you this is light, sweet, slightly woody, very fresh, and is a breathe of fresh air when you want something soft and elegantr. In it i smell cinnamon, the violet stands out, and definitely the black tea.

This is a great scent to have in your collection. When i first tried this i was a little put off at how sweet and light it was. Then as it started to go from top notes, to middle notes, to basenotes.....i fell in love.

You have to experiecne this before you can discount it. This is classy as others have stated. It truly is.

hernie
hernie

Can't wait 2 have it soon!! Sounds promising and it's hard 2 find here in Argentina

lucky-boy

I want a new bottle of this MASTERPIECE, but I can't find it anywhere! Why?

mersilover84
mersilover84

This stuff is masterpiece-ISH. It's so fresh and watery. I've never smelled such an amazing tea note in a men's fragrance.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

This is one of the only fragrances in my collection that I really do wear all year round. In the winter, it's hot tea in a mug you can wrap your hands around. In the summer, it's chai latte in a tall frosted glass.

perfumcollecta
perfumcollecta

GPH 2 is a nice subtle and soothing fragrance,there's a tea note that's very relaxing and calming.I fell in love when i first sniffed it and still do.Ingredients used are of high quality and perfectly blended.Projection and longevity is moderate about 4-5 hrs(3 spitz)on my skin,but i can bet it's a worth buy to please ladies around you and a must buy for a perfume collector,cool bottle too :-))

Potential date scent : Yes ( It's unique )
Office scent : Yes ( It's inoffensive and pleasing )

So two thumbs up for Gucci Pour Homme 2

alpa
alpa

it s need to a perfume version plz make perfum version it s owesome but realy realy it has poor logevity & sillage
thank u gucci I m wait for perfume version for this

fresh_scents

What can I say? The more I wear GPHII the more I love it. It's a pleasant sweet, spicy and tea flavored formulation that is like no other in my collection. GPHII will always be part of my future fragrance purchases.

manuel.medina
manuel.medina

This scent is my favorite for the fall and spring. I start with a blast of the bergamont and violet leaf, very sharp but very fast to fade away, followed by a warm aura of light cinnamon with the black tea which is absolutely gorgeous and balanced in my opinion. After a bit the tobacco note decides to poke through in a subtle smooth sweet style deciding to collaborate with the black tea and cinnamon very unselfishly as it is in the background.

I own quite a few bit of fragrances, and nothing get's me quite so much attention/compliments like GPHII. My ex-manager simply loved the stuff, she would always point it out to me on days i would wear it. It will make you stand out, in a very neutral kind of way, if that makes sense. This is one of the few fragrances i would recommend as a blind buy.

Jackfusion

I'm suspicious to talk about Gucci pour homme II, it is my signature. It is an elegant perfume starting with the glass bottle. Metal cover in golden color very well done, finally presenting very tasteful. The only thing is that the bottle is very heavy, not recommend taking the perfume by the cover, because it has little pressure fitting, then one runs the risk of escape bottle.

The opening notes of green it is very smooth and fresh (note of violet leaf tea) over a few minutes comes the cinnamon note with bergamot very discreet, nothing that leaves citrus fragrance. The pepper scent that is virtually nonexistent. And the drydown emerges leaf tabacco with mild nuance of musk. This fragrance is green, but very gentle, nothing that refers to freshly cut grass.

Scent: 9.5 (actually brings comfort to use it);
longevity: 7 (received accolades with 8 hours of application);
Projection: 6 (consider the weakness of it, even small projection, but for a date goes well)
Versatility: 8 (ballads are not your forte, the rest will do very well);
Age: up to 20 (fragrance very easy to please).

burgundyaltima

smells like Christmas or Thanksgiving! its faint/close to skin but its very warm and inviting..the ultimate CUDDLING cologne lol ; ) ..smells like warm spiced tea..kind of remind me of a watered down Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb or 1 million.. because of its poor longevity and how it resembles Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb (which i already own)..i will not be repurchasing

Detroitcolognereview

I think that this one might end up back into my rotation. It's definately a lunch/ business meeting fragrance. This is not an all day one for silage or projection; a sprint cologne not a distance runner. Worth it though.

Wancho
Wancho

Got the last bottle on the island i live. Thank god. The lady said she kept this bottle for someone, but he did not show up. His loss!

Its very hot and humid here so it works differently from what most people experience. Opens up with cinnamon and violet. This cinnamon reminds me a bit of Egoiste. But its totally something else. Slight tea. Then...poof, almost all the top notes gone after 10-15 minutes. Then i detect the myrrh which lingers. Myrrh with a hint of musk and a tiny bit of lingering violet. I really love myrrh.

Very nice fragrance. Sweet but also dry. Buy it if you can find it!

mn24viii
mn24viii

Oh this is nice. And what a beautiful bottle. Will probably get another one before it disappears.

Warm, sensual, Chai Tea. Spring and fall scent. But i can imagine it being perfect on a summer night or a sunny winter day.

Longevity is not weak. Put 2 Sprays on this morning for work. Now after 7 hours I can still smell it.

kevdg18

This fragrance is excellent. The only issue I had with this one was its projection strength which was poor. Is this why this fragrance has been discontinued?

Blaze00
Blaze00

Beautiful fragrance : refreshing, clean and very smooth with an elegant sweetness. It is a very all time season fragrance, a 'secret weapon' I will say. The projection is not too strong but I think it's perfect this way. It blends very well with the skin. Finally, i will say it reminds me a little of the unfortunate discontinued 'Kenzo air' with the ozonic notes. Very smooth and very elegant.

9/10 for me

qwerty82
qwerty82

Got my hands on a 100ml bottle at last. I have tested this scent several times in the past so I knew how good it smelled. Yes the strength is not brilliant but I manage to get 3-4 hours longevity with it. It's an elegant scent which is meant to be subtle and quiet, not loud and in your face like other monsters.
So classy, sexy and so different to other male scents out there. Soft, elegant and so easy to wear.

4/3/13

Still loving this scent. I wear it to the office during the hotter weather.

Smyle12

I'm sick and tired of people saying that this is a "skin-scent" and has very poor projection and longevity. The simple truth is... it DOESN'T. Please take notice that the sprayer in your beautiful flacon IS rather poorly designed and releases only about 1/3 of the amount that a typical sprayer does.. With that in mind, just two sprays WILL BE be barely detectable, have poor projection and longevity, and rapidly become a "skin scent". I use about about EIGHT SPAYS (I mean, seriously, we ARE NOT talking about vintage M7, A*Men or Le Male here!). Despite this routine use, the heavy, light-blue, cube never seems to get empty, and I have yet to have anyone complain that it's too strong. I do, however, get about 10 hours of longevity from GPH II and, typically several compliments from it as well (I work as a strictly commission salesperson!) Please "fix" your bottle's sprayer with a pin, spray it on profusely, or simply QUIT YOUR WHINING as Gucci Pour Homme II, is one of the finest, most appealing, and well constructed fragrances, designer or niche, still (barely) on the market today.

samatl74
samatl74

This is a close to the skin frag. Best for when you're slow dancing with your lady. She takes a whiff then softly lays her head on your shoulder. Nice sweet frag of tea, but I honestly do not wear this a lot because it is so subtle.

Apocalips
Apocalips

the longetivity is verry ok. I love this scent

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

When Gucci pour homme II came out I didn't care much for it. It was just too nice and sweet. Now I have learned to love it. It's my cup of tea and honey. Beautiful everyday scent.

9-/10

kevdg18

Smells great! Too bad this has been discontinued, and I see why. This fragrance has poor longetivity.

fresh_scents

Gucci Pour Homme II has just an awful lasting power, on my skin, but it still ranks very high as one of my top fragrances. You'll have to routinely refresh yourself to notice it. I purchased this fragrance to meet my sense of taste and not to fish for compliments.

I will be replenishing my fragrance arsenal with Gucci Pour Homme II, when needed, from the bargain bins. It's overpriced for what it does right now.

Petrichor

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I easily get 8 to 10 hours out of Gucci Pour Homme II. It starts out as a strong sweet tea with violet leaf, but hours later, it shifts to sweet tobacco. Why Gucci would even consider discontinuing this is beyond me. For the price, GphII is one of the very best you can get.

gregmech26
gregmech26

Gucci pour Homme II is being phased-out by Gucci in North America and pulled from all retail store shelves, just like Gucci pour Homme 1 was discontinued a few months ago.

Once all the bottles have been collected (existing stock) from Gucci's North American authorized retailers, Gucci will then sell off all their remaining bottles on their website starting in early August until the stock sells out.

At that point, Gucci pour Homme II will be permanently retired like its predecessor. Get a bottle while you still can at a reasonable price.

Petrichor

It's ridiculous that Gucci discontinued this gem. It's a shame they didn't at least keep it along with Gucci Pour Homme I available online. Both scents are phenomenal yet totally different.

Gucci Pour Homme II is what everyone here is saying it is. An amazing violet leaf opening over rich tea that eventually softens into what, for me, is an excellent date-night scent. But this one isn't all about dating. It's amazingly versatile.

If you seek it out before it's gone, you'll be glad you did. I'm so glad I did.

mse-21
mse-21

It opens with a mixture of woody fruity notes and black tea, violet leafs, and musky-woody notes are most detectable. In dry down it projects a nice sensual scent.

Tried it several times and due to personal and subjective preferences I didn't like it for myself.

It has a special scent for it's own and I admire Gucci because of not giving us another fresh generic scent here!

Has moderate longevity and projection. Overall: 4 out of 10.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Another cologne with olive tree that is absolutely lovely. I don´t know anyone who doesn't like this one. It is a masterpiece of all times!
It is soft, elegant, refined, adorable, etc.

It's important to say to the others, who might read this review, that this is completely different from Gucci Pour Homme, which is stronger, with lots of spices and aims a different approach. In GPH II, the violet leaves are present during a loooooong time, in a superb mixture with the black tea and the pepper (pimento).
The base with tobacco and myrrh are from another space!

The result: a delicious aroma that embraces you during hours, respecting the others and making you comfortable all day long. Some can say that it doesn't last long. But they don't know that the magic is still happening.

Shanester66
Shanester66

This is really fantastic juice...clean, smooth and creamy. Im getting 6-8 hours decent projection and 12+ hours as a skin scent. My wife loves waking up to me with this on my skin. I was really surprised because I didnt think it would have that kind of longevity on my skin. Good stuff

8.5/10 overall

shahab.zaidi

@Bonarelli. Its not similar to 1million. this one has got its own class. 1 million is pretty much warm and sweet. whereas this gem is clean , with less sweetness. i get so many compliments on this. give it a try.

nd575
nd575

I definitely get the chai tea latte it's being compared too. The green makes it fresh, the tea gives a calming effect, the coziness of cinnamon & slight sweetness from the musk in the background. It's a daytime in spring scent for me.

Subtle, not offensive or cloying at all. Too subtle unfortunately, it stays very close and doesn't last that long on my skin.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Intense notes with moderate strength. As dominating as myrrh and tobacco can be, they don't announce themselves here. In fact, they're quite mellow. I'd say the green notes, tea and musk tone down the spices because after a short period of time Gucci Pour Homme II comes off clean, semi-warm and somewhat balmy. With that said, this is a scent for a gentleman. One who is distinguished with class and sophistication.

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

I want to love this fragrance and do very much at first application, however, may not mesh well with my skin and seems to fade. This is my 2nd bottle and it seems less concentrated. I have never recieved one compliment while wearing this.

drakelorenzen
drakelorenzen

I really really want to order this fragrance but im curious where to order this from, I don't want to order from a website that's going to send me fake cologne or not send me it at all, if anybody knows somewhere to order this from, please let me know.

Dougczar
Dougczar

I think this is the best tea-based fragrance I have tried. I think this beats L'Artisan's Tea for Two, and at a much lower price. It is a little softer than T42, and has a more refined, cleaner scent.

Sadly, I only seem to get about 4 hours out of it. After that, all I get is a very faint hint of tea-soaked cardboard. But while it lasts, this is very nice and deserves a spot in my collection, as it is unlike anything else I own.

I have recently added this to my collection, and wear it quite often.

My first impression:

It opens with green notes and soft soothing (note tea and violet), does not have that typical smell of freshly cut grass, adds to this cinnamon. Over a few minutes appears bergamot, but she gets softened. It is typical that bergamot monstrous the top note some perfumes. Tobacco also appears at this stage. Since pepper is just to say "hi" and then says goodbye (at least here in my nose). Result is a mild tobacco with a slightly sweet background of musk.

It is a sophisticated scent, comforting and harmless. In the sample projection was little and longevity seems to be only average. I blind buy easy, precisely because it is very smooth and unobtrusive. Its use it for day and for night. I really enjoyed.

stayclose
stayclose

At first I got a hot spicy green tea (I guess you can call it). On the dry down the woods come in which smell very much like part 1 but smoother. The tea note gives it a calming effect but there is also a medicinal energizing smell to it (like vapor rub} may be the myrrh? A nice twist to the first. There is a olive/ tabaco note on the base of the pyramid which if there is any in this is what is give the dry down a sweet rounded smell diffusing all of the woods and hotness. Strength and silage is above average on me. I like it, its very classy, sophistited, manly smelling. I can picture a profesor wearing this type of scent. A nice alternative to vr spicebomb but I cant see myself wearing it often so I have to give it 3/5.

spanto
spanto

Very herbal and earthy smell, like some sort of tea with a bit of fruit then with a woody spice finish. I find this cologne very elegant, and very good to please ladies also. It lasts long and has a very unique and uncomparable odor, wasnt too fond of the smell at first thought it was too light or fruity but after using it for a while it has become on of my favorite fragrances. Ideal for a sunny day.

rahanhero
rahanhero

I love this fragrance from top to bottom!

conmary
conmary

I own both, Tea for two and Gucci pour homme 2. I dont know, there is something about this one that really really makes me believe that a fragrance that well balanced comes around once in every 20 years. Such a lovely, unique and sexy smell. I usually wear fragrances that i like and not caring much about others opinion, but this one.......,women ADORE it. Truly a masterpiece and maybe the sexiest scent out there!!!

siebter.himmel

@miletto: Until not too long I was quite sure that it is discontinued, but you can still find it at some shops (at least here in Germany) and the Gucci-website still features GPHII - and as of now it is still easy to find at several online stores for reasonable prices (while retail prices start getting quite crazy).

I suppose it's out of production and what is offered now are the last batch of bottles they made. Maybe someone else has some more profound info on that.

siebter.himmel

I usually do not comment, but I'd like to point out that the sprayer of GPHII releases only a small amount with each hit on the trigger (Freakmotion already hinted that). The scent itself is rather on the lighter side and not a scentbomb, but I'm sure some of you will get better results in terms of projection and especially longevity when applying a bit more liberal. I easily get six hours of longevity, which for such kind of scent is *very very* good.

Short comment on the scent itself: if you love or just even like tea, definitely test it if you can.

blackcoconut23
blackcoconut23

Well, I guess add to the list of users saying this doesn't project and last too long, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It works for this kind of more fresh scent. For my money, I'd go with L'Artisan's Tea for Two.

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

Just got this like a week ago, although here in Chile cannot be found. First impression: packaging is amazing and very appealing, impossible to ignore.

The juice: incredibly great smelling, sadly very close to skin for other people to smell. But if they approach to you, there's a 80% possibility that they will notice this Gucci. It's pure elegant black tea, not for kids; however, you can wear it with jeans still.

I hope to have it for a long time. I've sprayed this on my skin like 20 times so far and the bottle looks the same as when I opened it. I'm planning to buy another 50 ml bottle (they had like 4 in the store).

IMHO: A must buy, even blind. You won't regret it.

Greetings from Chile!

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

I think it's unfair how so many people are complaining about the 'terrible' longevity and projection of this fragrance, perhaps you aren't giving it a fair chance and you're basing your opinions on what others are saying?
I get at least 6 hours from one spray of this, not only that but it projects well too. It's not a bomb like A*Men or 1 Million, but it's not weak like so many people say, people will notice this as they walk past you.
2 Sprays of this and I was getting compliments throughout the day.
It's a unique, calming, elegant tea-based fragrance. A must have IMO. 8/10 from me, this will always be in my collection.

vaiciceku
vaiciceku

This is the best parfume, my hasbend has.....this is so sexy, so sexy.....

onixx
onixx

Perfect subtle scent. Smells like your laying in a barn on a hay stack, sipping on some hot tea and stirring it with a cinnamon stick. Wish it lasted a little longer. Nonetheless, good scent for under the sheets.

shahab.zaidi

jus bought it.Damnnnn.its really some fin out of the world. itsss sooo clean, a black tea dominating ..Its Aquatic too. I feel ma self sssoo content wearing it...tumbs up Gucci..Jz go for it and forget all...:D nd yeah. A Bottle ...its awesome. very unique heavy lika crystal rock..love it...

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Es uno de mis perfumes fetiche.
Creo recordar que fe uno de los primeros en utilizar violeta en un perfume másculino.
Elegante, muy elegante.
Mucha duración y con un toque a tabaco que no llega a cansar.
Es perfectamente " ponible " en cualquier estación, aunque su base puede estar orientada a épocas frías.
No le encuentro ninguna similitud a Gucci I, esta nueva versión es mucho más fresca y casual.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

A lighter,inoffensive version of Tea for Two by a long shot.It does last on my skin but doesnt scream for attention.perfect all year round and could be good for someone looking for what might be described as a perfect tea scent.hard to get bored with this.

The tea in this is not as strong as you might find in Tea for Two and definitely not as smoky which should appeal to non-smokers

All in all a well done fragrance.

There are rumors this is discontinued but there are scores online.did a bit of asking around in England and most of the high street shops no longer stock this.Only place this can be found in 100ml is Boots where I got conflicting confirmation it's still in production.and well,they had some on display.I only hope the aged SA knew what she was telling me.hope to stock up just in case

quikksilver8

My favorite scent by far! But... Am I the only person that this projects on and lasts all day???? So different than from what everyone else says. Only bad thing about this fragrance is that I keep hearing it is being discontinued which would be extremely sad.

dmoman

Well, I've tried dolce gabbana la fou and is somewhat like this fragrance. The heart note smells like Gucci homme II so give this a shot and it last longer but the base changes to a more powdery scent.

K LUE
K LUE

Sooo good but for oh such a short time:( I own a bottle of this stuff and I love the scent. It is without a doubt one of my favorites but it simply just does not last at all. You will get 2 hours tops with this one. Both me and my buddy own a bottle of this stuff and we have the exact opinion and the same problem with the longevity. I really wish this stuff lasted a bit longer and then it would be one of my top 5 colognes of all time.

dmoman

Doesn't project and longevity is is about 4 to 5 hours. Smell good though, but because of the projection and longevity being a dissapointment it seems suited best for things like going to church or other events. Not offensive, give it a 7 out of 10 as stated why you probably wouldn't like tis fragrance...longevity and projection is crap.

Zito87
Zito87

I really love this scent, it's something totally different of all scents I've ever smelled! Black tea with cinnamon! The easiest fragrance to wear, you can wear it in the summer (but doesn't works in a high temperature), it's perfect for spring and you can also wear it in fall and winter. It has a smooth and unissex dry down, something almost like a vanilla based fragrance, I know there is no vanilla in the notes, it's myhrr. IMO is a masterpiece, 9/10, I don't care if it doesn't projects!

evilspin
evilspin

Mmm its like a Violetas, Tobacco, Grass, Cinnamon milkshake. It becomes manly then sweet then manly then sweet and keeps things complex and interesting. All the while it doesnt want you to stop sniffing.

quikksilver8

I've been wondering the same thing. This is one of my favorite fragrances and it is no longer on the Gucci website. I hope it's not discontinued boot it sure looks like it. Hopefully someone here knows the answer.

thiagoac
thiagoac

I have a full bottle and i don't like. :(

lflat
lflat

This is simply a beautiful fragrance. I wish there was an EDP version so it would last longer. Other than that, I have no complaints. Please give this a try.

pomdgf
pomdgf

I love how tobacco and tea working on me. Lots of compliment that I got.

DominicMC
DominicMC

Here's my review.

So i got it 3 days ago, the smell is amazing!!!
to me its kind of a smooth green/milky feel kinda like a green tea milkshake LOL

I dunno that's just what i get from it hahaha

Just Like everybody says the longevity is weak i get about 3 - 4 hours on my skin, it has that WOW factory but you just need to know when to use. Defiantly not strong enough for parties/clubs

Longevity: 4
Projection: 3
Silage: 3
Smell: 8.5

Overall: 8

bobosan336
bobosan336

Beautiful tea themed scent. Mastefully blended, a feeling of bliss, comfort and elegance washes over me when I smell this. Unfortunately, this sensation is very shortlived. What a pity, if the longevity is fixed I would love to have this beautiful bottle on my shelf.

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

بوی خنک و صابونی به نظر من
با ادکلنهای با بوی خنک بخواهم مقایسه کنم گزینه های بهتری میتوان انتخاب کرد
ماندگاری و پخش بو در حد معمولی

I think the smell of soap and cool
with cool breath ask Adklnhay with better options than I would be
staying and playing in the usual smell

jessens
jessens

Like many have mentioned, it smells like a warm and somewhat spicy but earthy tea. It makes me feel good whenever i wear it and I get compliments on it too. I don't find it very strong or overwhelming which makes it a good cologne and very versatile but it wears off in a an hour or so depending on your body chemistry.

dad hash
dad hash

This was the only perfume i bought on my friends suggestion without trying, Very nice perfume but no projection and lasts may be for 2 hours max ! It is really a shame !

GMK
GMK

A deceiving fragrance, which seems a summer cologne due to its fresh notes but works in fall / winter as all prevailing ingredients are HOT like tea , cinnamon etc..

I like it in a cold night.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

at the first sniff I hated it, then the tea aspect have convinced me! very gentle and elegant: for not every man!

NYprospect
NYprospect

In my youth i could stomach the loudest ,harshest,unapologetic scents know to man and woman(Joop homme-Lagerfeld Photo).As i aged,i just could not handle those sickly sweet scents that are mass marketed in this day and age.I needed something natural,safe and comforting.Hello Gucci pour homme deux.Gorgeous tea accord,soft cinnamon..A warm familiar hug on a cold night.Turn down the lights and enjoy.

GugaGaidzak
GugaGaidzak

If you plan to stay in bed, in a warm cloudy day, with someone you love, or you intend to... this is the way to go. Close to the skin, very inviting, just like a cup of tea, much easier to wear than the older brother gucci pour homme. Both Amazing!!!

It lacks longevity, but couldnt last that long, due to the notes....its not the intention on this one.... but you wont regret it....

one word to describe this scent

hmmmmmm......

calyx93
calyx93

The original one was much better.

andy

this is one of the only tobacco scents that really smell good. It really has a drier woodsy drydown and it is a perfect date scent to wear

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I just traded my male friend for some narciso rodriguez, I love this on me, this is most definently great for men and for women, the spiciness with the fresh and minty notes smell like heaven. Just wish it lasted longer on me. But still love it and am verry happy :)

cyber861
cyber861

مفرح-بیشتر حالته اسپرت داره-یه جورایی بویه آدامس میده.به نظرم کاره قوی ای نیست.

برای کلکسیون خیلی خوبه.شاید یکیشو بگیرم.

Moonshield
Moonshield

Good harmonious mixture.

Top notes are damp, mysterious, and masculine.

Middle notes of tea and spice aromas come forward. Smells delicious but masculinity goes out.

Base notes smells soft and sweet tobacco aroma. This is mind-blowing for me =)

Results: Bvlgari killer :)

scent: 8/10
longevity: 7/10

RedFloyd
RedFloyd

I love this so much it's not even funny. The cinnamon, the tea, the violet… it's all very, very nice and relaxing. Very versatile! Too bad about the longevity.

ro-storm
ro-storm

the fragrance is gorgeous!!!! i like it very much, for me this is the parfum that i can vear everytime!!!! but sorry the lasting power and sillage is very poor!!!!!!!!

malik2011

oh oh my god this one is masterpiece >> i consider it among the most romantic frags in the world its scent is irresistable so soft so smoothe girls like it very much especially at night when cold u will be irresistable but take care the drawbacks in this one relating to its medium projection and weak sillage apart of these tow drawbacks it is rocking....

lucky-boy

I really love this blue Gucci.
Absolutely breath-taking and beautiful.
One of my favorites.
Very fresh and alluring.
The only problems is longevity. After 3 hours you can't smell this on your wrist/neck/etc.!!!
The scent is really great!
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 4/10

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Absoutely one of my favorite mens cologne of all time, that is feminine enough for me, but I also love to smell this on my man. Gorgeous, lucious, irresistable, want to enhale all day scent. Kudos Gucci... quite original too, just wish the lifespan was longer

GreenMan
GreenMan

The fragrance is very good! Projection is below average perhaps, stays close to the skin. But longevity is OK for me. After 8 hours and a very light spray of the juice I can still smell it clearly, but close to the skin. I might get a bottle, even though it is kinda weak. Would prefer a more concentrated version for sure!

erwin031689
erwin031689

Very sexy and unique scent. A MUST have for every men :)

jazzman68
jazzman68

I think that this is the best Gucci scent! This smell is intoxicating! Nice, smooth, mellow, but still makes a statement to let you know that it's there!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

While Gucci p.H. #1 is one of my favourite signature scents of all time and more of a winter scent, this one is its lighter brother.

Beautiful tender spicy, herbaceous, plummy, violet, tea scent that stays close to skin (so hardly ANY projection).

Funny how someone mentioned "L'Eau D'Hiver" by Frederic Malle as I totally agree with its same nature as a skin scent. This is one you apply when you wanna be a bit more introverted. Perhaps on a rainy day or when you just wanna keep it simple and low key.

Very classy scent though and ideal for the office or an interview as it is still interesting enough and unusual and even a bit exotic and uncommon.

Not the scent for a big night out or when you want to make a big impact on someone (but then that's very subjective).

I think "Dans Tes Bras" by Frederic Malle is the better contender for a violet scent as it is more pungent and stronger and if you like the green notes in this one you could also try "Guerlain Homme" or "Geranium Pour Monsieur" by Frederic Malle which is more herbaceous and greener and mintier.

All in all this gets a 7 out of 10 for me. A classy act though just like its precessor.

spirit966
spirit966

Its a beautiful day scent which is good for late summer/early fall.

I don't know why I don't wear this as much as I should. Perhaps it is more of a comfort scent like L'eau d'Hiver in my wardrobe and is not really masculine.

Chai Tea latte with dabs on condensed milk is what this reminds me of.

I go 4-5 sprays for this one and it does last quite a long time 8-10 hours, but yes, it does not project.

A true comfort scent.
Anyone looking to purchase this at discount can PM me.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A beautiful, cool, trendy modern scent, but does not last

0-2 hours - now this is nice! this is what it is all about! cool and trendy, not chic but instead naturally hip. Small projection

2 hours - 4 hours. Projection gone, gutted, fades quickly

Such a shame, one of the best scents I have ever smelt.

Perhaps for a brief intimate moment

naveed
naveed

Hi every one....Got it few days back. Today i applied it at 0930 Hrs in the morning and its 1730 now and its smell is sweeet smell ( may be too sweet for me)still coming in my nose. no issue with its longevity but i am feeling thats its bit too sweet for me. will give it some delay for few days and try again. but today i am fadup of its sweet smell coming to my nose for the last 8-9 hours :(:(.... Same is the experience with me when i applied at 2 days back and the next day i can still smell it on my T-shirt as it stick to my clothes .....

frogman
frogman

I agree with the last reviewer, It is the last decent release from this house. Black tea which is my favorite
note combines with other notes and make a very unique scent, I like it.

Probalby the last decent release from this house. A nice concoction of citruses, black tea and violet leaf laying on a spicy musky base. It classifies, somehow, as a spicy fougère. Quite distinctive, enjoyable, easy to wear and versatile but nowhere close to its amazing predecessors (PH1, PH Original. Envy For Men).

Rating: 6.5/10

The last time I tried this, the top notes were too much and I couldn't appreciate the drydown, which came across as mild and indistinct. I wore it the other day and found that if I largely avoided the top notes, the longevity was quite good and the nice top notes persisted for a long time. I prefer this to Burberry London for Men, for example, which has a syrupy vanilla note that demands too much attention (at least for a while) and seems a bit "synthetic." I like this Gucci "masculine" more than their other ones. It's "contemporary" yet has some "macho" notes and good dynamism. No, it can't compete against the great vintage fragrances for men, but this is certainly great for a change of pace and also for when you want something lighter (without going for "fresh" or "sport" or "aquatic" fragrances," which I can't stand).

drummerdude7318
drummerdude7318

I actually get a solid 8-12 hours longevity with this scent, with women complimenting me and catching my scent trail throughout that duration. Chances are other people will be as lucky as me, so try it on your skin!
With that said, this is a very gorgeous, relaxing, spicy and UNIQUE scent. It gives me a very natural, outdoorsy vibe of black tea, spices, and a bit of wood.
The man that would fit the personality of this fragrance would be artistic, understated, intelligent, and very kind-hearted. It gives others the impression that there is something very different and intriguing about you, and subconsciously causes them to actually like you more.
This is probably my favorite fragrance of all time, so you should definitely try it out!

Oh and this gets even more compliments than La Nuit De L'homme, and THAT'S saying something

Higgibs

A quixotic scent... One moment it's there, the next "poof!" it's gone... And what a pity too b/c the scent itself is just this side of heaven... The tobacco dry down is soft and elegant and for sure all the ladies love it (when it's there lol)... 5 sprays, 10... Doesn't matter... I just cant figure out how/when to wear this to get some length out of it! Somedays it rewards you with a few solid hiurs but most others it leaves you scratching your head... I give the scent itself "10" from top to base but a shame that trip often only lasts 45 minutes or so. Sillage/Longevity gets a lowly "2"

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

A unique blend of cinnamon and black tea. Longevity sucks, about 4 hours. And projections is weak. I wouldnt purchase this.

bonovox
bonovox

All right, since this is my third day of trying out this fragrance on a whim, I guess I can say I'm qualified to provide a review. I really like the fragrance as a soft, gentle feel. I can definitely catch a whiff of the wonderful bergamot and violet leaves, however I'm not sensing after three days anything resembling a musk or tobacco to give this more of a masculine scent. Maybe the spicy dry down of cinnamon and myrrh, and the wonderful aroma of tea leaves make this a very pleasant, classy, masculine smell. It's initial presentation is nice, but not anything that projects very well. Longevity may be a crapshoot, because I would be lucky to get four hours without wondering where it went. Not even 45 minutes later did anybody really detect, which made me a little disappointed for a product by Gucci. You know that it is probably not the greatest for your skin chemistry or pH when you have to go around the office asking, "what do you think of this?" And they have to grab your arm.

I definitely enjoy a fragrance that is worth the price that has mysterious notes of myrrh, bergamot and tea leaves, but if I was going to be honest with you and looking for a fragrance with tea in the mixture I would go with "Tea for Two". But as I said, everybody has very subjective noses and it may be the perfect fragrance for your partner, but I would like to spend my money on something that lasts a little bit longer than 30 minutes without having to snuggle in order to receive a compliment. Not that that's a bad thing. :-)

So overall, here is the verdict:

Bottle 8/10 (and that's being generous)
Sillage 4/10
Longevity 5/10
Smell 8/10

Not my favorite, so try before you buy.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I tested it 3 times but the last one mayke me in really love with this fragrance.
I dont know if it's the smell of tea but this is unique ,relaxing,amazing ,masculine and calm!
It's woody spicy obviousily.
I think it's really versatile but i was shocked by the longevity because i always see complains about that factor but for me it lasted about 8 hours but i have to say that it's close to the skin.
It can be worn all year around,best for fall and spring.
Great smell!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Oooh... aaahhhh... oh my... sensual, subtle and hypnotic. JBS, thanks for this sample. You have amazing taste!

Gucci II opens with dark green violet leaf that has a fresh bergamot edge to open up the receptors.

This then makes way for smooth, soft honeyed tobacco, not smoky and dry, but moist and fresh. The cinnamon, pimento and tea add a really nice, round earthy, warm depth to the heart.

Olive tree wood--I'm not sure what that smells like, but I imagine it must have some of that rich goodness of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. In symphony with myrrh, I do get that resinous vibe. Lightly kissed with sweetness, the dry down is decidedly delicious.

Incredibly subtle, it's the type of scent that you can spray to your heart's content and not offend. A very intimate and cosy, sensual scent that I'll be adding to my collection--yes, for me. And if my hubby likes it too, he'd better watch out--I won't be able to get close enough to enjoy this on his skin!

Heverton
Heverton

Smooth, discreet, but with a pleasant aroma.
It seems the fact that it stays close to the skin, with almost no projection was made ​​just to be like a hidden treasure. It will only be revealed to those venturing to really discover it.

The fragrance brings me the memory of being taking a black tea with a touch of cinnamon. And so it remains from beginning to end, a very linear smell.

Boring for not changing? ON THE CONTRARY! I could not be happier for the way in which the fragrance has developed on my skin! (But I still think if you have the money, go for L'artisan Tea for two!)

Longevity on my skin was about 6~8 hours.

Anup
Anup

This smells like a warm sweetened cup of good ol' earl grey tea. I am in LOVE with this stuff.

It starts out with a very dry woody smooth sweetness, with a smidgen of blonde leather. As it dries down the tea pervades and, the tobacco and cinnamon are allowed to come in and add some much needed dryness to cut the raw suger sweetness.

Don't be fooled, even with the dry fruity smelling tobacco and spicy dry cinnamon coming into play, you still don't lose that delicious cup of savory sweet earl grey tea. Wonderful!

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 5

RhysP
RhysP

Seen the reviews it was getting on here so thought Id give it a go using a tester at my local Boots store. Opening smells very alcohol'esque and plain when I smelt it on a tester card though after it was sprayed on the skin its a totally different story.

To my nose the smell of tea pervades this scent from the opening and stays all the way through; as others have said here its a really comforting smell thats easy to forget your wearing but always seems to catch you unaware - twice I thought today wow that smells good what the hell is it then realized its the remnants of this catching my nose and not a workmate. Certainly not the most masculine scent Ive ever smelt and I think this could easily be a unisex perfume.

Ill address silage first as this seems to be the biggest complaint; I must either be extremely lucky (first time ever) and that this just works with my skin or the majority of you have tried counterfeit. My friend found it easily detectable for the first 3-4hours but the longer its on the closer the smell becomes. I put 2 squirts on my wrist 30 hours ago and I can still smell that comforting tea and something else thats lingering in the base notes 30hours later on my wrist having survived multiple hand washes with unscented soap.

Silage on me is awesome with projection noticeably dropping off after around 4 hours - the smells still there its just my friend had to come closer than 4ft away to be able to smell it.

Long story short Ill be buying some Wednesday :-)

Higgibs

Gorgeous scent... Smooth & Sexy... If only it lasted longer than 45m on my skin. Wonderful while it's there but staying power makes it a disappointment

Roqfort
Roqfort

Nothing special for me. Boring, with terrible longevity and sillage. Easy to forget about it. I don't get it...

MrCoolink
MrCoolink

This is Black Tea with Cinnamon in a bottle. Very calming and cozy fragrance. This is the best one from the Gucci house for me.

Projection: 8.0/10 (Stays close to the skin)
Longevity: 8.0/10 (Wish they make an EDP version of it)
Bottle Presentation: 9.5/10 (Classic, very heavy and well made bottle)
Overall: 9.0/10
This is a buy to me.

dr rajib
dr rajib

I GOT IT HEAVY,BUT THE FRAGRANCE IS LIGHT,WOW THE SPICY SMELL MAKES ME HUNGRY.A SUPERB PERFUME...

babybash44
babybash44

This is a great smelling cologne. Very safe for a blind buy. In my opinion, it is the essential fall fragrance- not warm enough for winter, but too heavy for spring/summer. Its tea notes make this milder and less sweet than it smells off the cap. Some may disagree and catagorize this as a spring fragrance, as the fluid color subconsciously shows, but I find this to be refreshing- like a cold glass of lemonade on a pleasant fall day when you're feeling a little warm.

TJKM
TJKM

This is one of the best fragrances out there! It smells fresh and spicy but also a bit woody. The opening is the best part of it.

It's a very nice one but the only problem is the longevity.. It's spotty. Sometimes it just lasts 1-2 hours, while sometimes up to 4 or 5 hours.. the longevity complaints regarding this one are not without reasons..
The projection is also a problem, because it projects very well the first 2 hours but after that it sticks to the skin.

It's a sad thing that this one dosen't last long, because it is a very nice, modern and just overall great scent.

- 7,5/10 ..due to the good smell, but not perfect because of bad longevity.

tmukome1
tmukome1

wow, just wow!!!

jimihendrix1117
jimihendrix1117

Im relatively new to colognes (bout 8 months) but I dont understand the issues everyone has with longevity...I wear it and get about 7-12 hours almost every time I wear it. One of my best friends also gets at least a whole work day. It may not project that well, but it last for a while.

*Peace and Happiness*

Antigone
Antigone

Such a heavy bottle but the smell is gorgeous!!! And yes I know it's for men but I deared to put it on myself a few times.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

It is nearly an odourless fragrance. Very very mild and light actually. i didn't like it. Very weak notes of creamy peppermint and clove. boring and ordinary. could be a better scent if had better projection and Longevity because both of the things are below average.
bottle and packaging is great
I give it 5 out of 10.

Grottola
Grottola

This used to be my favorite fragrance, however my hobby grew and I tried many new fragrances. While I still enjoy Gucci Pour Homme II, there are better things out there, and at this point I couldn't choose one favorite fragrance. This is basically a very pleasant, comforting tea-based, somewhat spicy scent with a bit of pimento not unlike Lalique Equus or Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. Also draws similarities to Chanel Égoïste (original). A major complaint is that this doesn't have very good sillage or longevity - yes, it does stay close to the skin, although it lasts a bit longer on me than others have said about it on them. Very unique compared to the lame men's fragrances of the past decade, and very pleasant - girls love this. Of course, I don't buy my fragrances to get compliments from the women, but you know what I mean.

Hey, give it a whirl. Chances are, you'll be glad you did.

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

I didn't have very high expectations after reading the other reviews for Gucci Pour Homme II, but when I tried it I knew the smell was unique. I had to buy it. It's a classic, comforting scent that reminds me of the old fashioned barber shop experience in some way. It's clean and fresh without being soapy or overly powdery yet deep and rich at the same time. It's sweet but not overly so. Spicy. I'm not good at identifying individual notes, but the ones here are working together in harmony. Nothing stands out for me. I don't get a blast of any one thing. It just smells SO good!

I was surprised so many reviewers said it is short lived on them. I guess it's working with my body chemistry because it is long lasting on me(How lucky am I?). It was still strong after my workout, and the smell was just as good. It didn't fade away with perspiration. It didn't sour either. I hadn't intended for it to be a Summer scent, but I think it will work nicely. I must admit I think it would be good for all seasons.

This is pure luxury that I expect from Gucci. A very distinctive scent. Too bad the most recent releases from the famed Italian House are so lacking in substance. Gucci Pour Homme, PH II, and Envy for Men define the sophisticated, well dressed Italian sense of style for the modern man. Que bel'la aroma!

Markx
Markx

Gucci pour Homme II with it's Gold Colored Brushed Cap and the liquid with it's Sky Blue Color housed in one of the heaviest most beautiful bottles in the perfume industry ever, After all of this you might think to yourself that you are in for a treat, Right?! Wrong!

When you lose all your worries and let yourself free from the world, when your heart is full of joy and happiness and you feel that you can hug the sky and fly above the clouds, this is exactly the moment Gucci pour Homme II tries to capture "The Moment of Peace".

Xandria
Xandria

the bottle is too heavy as the smell sooo divine :)

Detroitcolognereview

I really liked this one. The only reason why I parted with it was because my best friend wanted to for his anniversary weekend with his wife. How can you say no to that? Anyway, this stuff smells amazing.

dlaminib3
dlaminib3

fantastic, my number 1.

Juniper
Juniper

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PERFUME !!
im trying to get my partner to buy it or else imma buy it for him love the scent i could wear it myself as well eep ! really cute packaging with a very heavy lid :/

+ : really great woody/spicy/original scent, great smell/perfume for modern guys as well

- : doesnt last long enough !!

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Smells like a cozy and wet garden at spring, next to a little river.
Comfortable, fresh and sweet.

mehrdad

جذاب و کلاسیک
مناسب برای بهار و تابستان
برای کسانی که عطر بروت را میشناسند مقداری خاطره آن رایحه را برایش زنده میکند
روی هم رفته کار قابل تامل و درخور توجه ای میباشد
این دو برادر دو قلو یعنی گوچی هوم و گوچی 2 جزو بهترینهای عطر و ادکلن برای دو سلیقه خاص و نزدیک به هم میباشد
هر دوی آنها را خانمها خیلی میپسندند

'pour homme II' woody spicy fragrance. Description eau de toilette spray

top note of violet leaves
heart notes of cinnamon and pimento
base note of tobacco leaves

به نقل از سایت گوچی

MRare
MRare

After my initial smell, I thought it wasn't bold enough for me, but over time, I've become very fond of this fragrance. It's a very subtle and hypnotic scent that makes people want to move in closer and get a whiff.
The tea in this is great! It blends beautifully with the cinnamon! Great wear anytime! I would use this mostly in the spring because it's refreshing but still has a dark note (probably the myrrh???) that gives it depth.
Projectivity isn't great, but it works great for work or school. Not going to be good out or at clubs...
I get 5 to 7 hours out of this fragrance, but most people could probably pull off more.
Being a younger guy, I would say a perfect young professional scent at school or the office, but go bolder for your nights out...

Papi
Papi

Why didn't they made EDP out of it?

It's one of the best Gucci's, fresh fragrance for day, 20-30 years old males. Big thumbs down as it's evaporates after 2 hours. But like the fellow K1 said, the scent stays with you from beginning to an end.

zellpang
zellpang

Great Fragrance..
For me the fragrance overall reminds me of rum.
The top note is fresh bermaot opening but then turns sweet, smokey, ambery and earthy (coming from the myrrh)...
For me it is an innovative fragrance, could be very sexy on certain men.

emilimo701
emilimo701

This is a very LIGHT fragrance, one I would spray more times that usual. If I were forced to pick ONE season to wear this... it would be winter. Talk about an oxymoron huh, a light winter fragrance???? To me, this is the perfect winter or fall daytime fragrance.

At first two notes stand out: TEA and CINNAMON. Light and delicious. As it dries down, I smell a hint of tobacco, and something else subtle (maybe the myrrh).

Versatile? Yes. calm summer night, crisp winter day, home, school, the office, wherever.

Grade: B+
Only thing keeping from getting an A is its longevity isn't that great, and projection stayed very close to my body and others have said this as well.

feeg
feeg

Soft and fresh...I sprayed it once or twice on myself when I forgot my own perfume and found this one among many of those in my BF's bathroom :)

rosabell
rosabell

To me Gucci II smells like summer, spices, sun, dry grass and thyme, lots of origano and thyme. I see it is not in the composition but it smells just like this. I consider it a summer scent. I bought it for my husband 2 years ago and ever since , when he uses it, I enjoy it a lot.

Astektomas
Astektomas

So it is Mr.Black Tea having a tea party with the Ms. Violet Leaf, and the cute chili pepper deserts are being served on the fig leaves - a wandering echo from Alex Tachini's Stile also prepared by Karine Dubreuil. The scene takes place in a shady cool of cedar grove infused with the refreshing mist of nearby
waterfall. Or it might be this charming fountain sitting in the centre of this unbearably beautiful italian plazza...

Seinku
Seinku

Although it actually smelled decent on the paper, I tried it on my skin and for some reason it reminded me of insecticide... but well, thats just my personal opinion. I guess I have to admit it lasts a lot, because I couldn't get rid of the stench for hours. Definitely not Gucci's best

Danishkid
Danishkid

I really dont like the opening and with this one the opening is the first min. i think. The freshness I get from the opening disappears fast and it becomes more spicy and thats when I love this fragrance. It is one of my favorite every day fragrances.

martind18
martind18

This is one of my favorites! I love the combination of the spicy cinnamon hovering over the musky tobacco leather note at the bottom. A truly unique scent. I only wish it would last a little longer and project better, but the scent is absolutely amazing!

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

It's a confortable fragrance powdery and spicy, elegant and sophisticated the women's love.

Hoxx
Hoxx

i see many people complaining about its longevity and i must agree with them - it lasts 3 hours at most... but maybe mushroomfat is right, it might not be an original version

besides that, i really love this one for a cold day or night, no matter, it's suitable for both...
first i get a quick burst of violet leaf scent, but it fades away in no more than five minutes and turns into a very well blended tea note, which stands out through the entire franrance evolution of GPHII... it combines very well with the musk in the drydown... there could be another note besides musk and tea in the drydown, but it's impossible to me to recognize it... honestly, i don't get tobacco at all, but maybe that's just me...
however, if you don't like tea note, avoid this one, even though it's is NOT just another tea scent... in any other case this is a must-try...

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

I love this scent! But in my opinion, GPH II is unissex-based, like Bvlgari Black. Tea, musk and violet leaf are unissex notes to me. Perfect for all ocasions! Sweet, fresh, with a smooth powdery middle. Longevity is average on my skin. Gucci releases always amazing fragrances. 8/10.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Only had a squirt of this in a store but this seems to be a classy woody sweet scent. The musk, tobacco and the tea in the drydown works very well. I haven't smelled anything quite like this. The negative is that it's quite weak but this on my wish list - this has class!

Soapstone
Soapstone

This is fresh and classy in a modern way. After a rather sweet opening dominated by the violet leaf, the heart notes reveals the magic of this fragrance. The mix of black tea and cinnamon is, quite honest, some of the best I have ever experienced. I did not expect this when I tested it, so it took me completely by surprise. On me this is rather close to the skin, but long lasting. Modern, masculine and lovely. Really worth trying!

guest_stonearm
guest_stonearm

longevity really weak i wasted my money.......... also not special perfume for me annoying me i have bought it without trying.dont buy any perfume reading comments :D

I am really surprise to see the people admiring its longevity, which is really bad.No doubt in the original scent it was awsome but this one really sucks.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

I bought it yesterday without any hesitation because it was a love from the first sniff . This is very elegant fragrance with a dominated fabulous tea note , definetely a masterpiece by GUCCI.Longevity & projection is decent on me . One of my top favourate colognes.

Dad jax

My first experience was very bad with it(due to poor lasting issues) so i almost wasted the whole bottle by throwing on me on and off! Some how after again hearing a lot of comments i thought to do some more experiments(as my skin is dry) i used the GPH11 shower gel with BLV body lotion(which mainly is use on dry skin to make perfume last longer) i used a whole 15ml small sample bottle on me, RESULTS Not even lasted for an hour ! SO I FAIL THIS ONE AGAIN .Not cus of the smell but Very poor longevity! 2/10

P.S Guys PLS TELL ME WHERE YOU LIVE INCASE IF IT LAST LONGER THEN 30 MINS OR AN HOUR !!

I have 5 sample vials and I do consider purchase a bottle, but it is still a little bit on the expensive side. Anyhow, this is my favorite Gucci (Fellow by Gucci Rush for Men) This scent stays a bit close to skin, which makes me wonder if anyone else can smell this. It's light, fresh with woodsy tea scent with a hint of violet. It is cinnamony spicy but not hot. It's very modern and anybody can wear it. It starts weak but gets a little stronger as it sets on my skin. Still I wish there were a stronger version.

Dad jax

Nice Frag but atleast on my skin it never lasts more then an hour !

sashaindc
sashaindc

I wanted it for a long time and finally got it ! Can not say it is my favorit after I've been wearing it for 6 months. The first impression did not match the finl result. The best(bright) notes wear off too fast and you left with the "leftovers" that are not what you sprayed on your skin from the bottle.
Still like it but it is not #1 on my list.

bigfattonypwnsyou
bigfattonypwnsyou

I like it, smells nice. Last's long on my skin, it projects alright for me. Ill use it any season.

Longevity 4/5
Projection 3.5/5

Close to the skin sillage but immense longevity. Tobacco, cinnamon and myrrh stand out the most for me. There's a hint of tea and something spicy in the heart which i assume is the pimento. I can detect a little violet at the start but not much citrus. It really is beautiful, and for a mainstream perfume its quite remarkable.

I really love it, i just wish it was a bit more noticable. Still rather have something subtle than too in-your-face though. The ingredients are clearly high quality and the bottle is beautiful.

Its one of my favourites ever actually. Whenever i wear it im always surprised how wonderful it is.

darvish
darvish

عالی. بی نظیر. احسنت بر گوچی
دوست ندارم این بو را از دیگران بشنوم
ترجیح میدهم دیگران بوی لالیک سیاه بدهند

Lance
Lance

Longevity/projection is a big problems with this one.
I dont know why this stunning smell cannot last at all. Because it's spicy and strong, one of the greatest smells.

Love the smell,
But for me, longevity and projection is my no.1 criteria for choosing a fragrance. Without it, any fragrance is just like a cheap fake cologne!

I am really impressed with Gucci's male fragrance range. I have loved each and every one of them, so much so that I've even considered wearing them myself.

Gucci pour Homme II is deliciously spicy, refreshing and sexy. It would make a fantastic all-year round scent, for all seasons and all occasions.

It's masculine yet subtly sweet. It opens with a green yet floral violet leaf note followed by an interestingly citrusy bergamot and spicy cinnamon composition.

Exotic spiciness is what makes this fragrance. The black tea note, (as others have already mentioned), really brings out an exquisite uniqueness in Gucci pour Homme II.

Fresh yet warm, this fragrance tends to contradict my senses a little. One minute it's a comforting scent, the next minute it is rousingly sexual. The myrrh and the tobacco notes in the drydown really accentuate the ruggedly masculine sexiness that I find so intriguing.

The lasting power is excellent so there is no reason why I should not recommend this fragrance so highly.

Cool Breeze 31
Cool Breeze 31

I love this one, its such a great fragrance. Its elegant but masculine. The women love it, I get complements all the time when I have on. when I spray it on, it starts out citrusy, cold, and refreshing, and dries down softer and lighter, I can smell the cinnamon, and black tea, in it, as well a some peppery notes(must be the Pimento) which I love, and woodsy notes, like frozen tundra.

This is such a sexy fragrance, will make women melt. A lot of people complain this is too light and bit feminine, but I disagree, Its just a softer fragrance thats not in your face, but will still make you get noticed. I love that its so different than other woodsy fragrances out there. thats what make its so special. It shows a women you have a softer side even though, you may not have one, or are to much of a tough guy to admit it, and if you don't its not a bad thing to give a women the impression that you do. But don't take my word, buy it and see for yourself.

It has moderate longevity about 4-6 hours possibly more. To be worn mostly in fall/winter but
can be worn in spring/summer as well, for special occasions, a romantic evening, or night on the town.When you wear it you will get noticed!

M.David
M.David

Gucci PH II is very pleasant, soft but intense at the same time; It´s hard to explain when you perceive you're wearing it once in a while but people notice much more than I expected so I commented it was totally visible in the room where we were (and I only apply 3-4 sprays). The durability is about 4-6 hours and the projection is quite nice and right to my opinion (you will not irritate or annoy others but it is of note that the wear set). The evolution of the notes is almost nonexistent by that I mean it's a fairly linear perfume (that to me is neither good nor bad, it's well and ball point).
Without doubt, Gucci PH II will be one of my next purchases. 9/10 for me

BReview
BReview

i LOVE the tea note in it,it very refreshing in a soft smooth way.Good fragrance although the longevity should be better.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I am on the reverse side of Mr.ClickClick
I will probably never wear it anymore and I love it over the first maybe ten times I had it on me... I prefer this to the GPH number 1. This is well made but I don't like the pimento note, that ruins IMO the fabulous tea scent in the heart notes... Just SAD because I love tea notes.

edited oct 04 2010...
I rediscover it... with Gucci PH, both are marvelous. I like em

Damani Code
Damani Code

This is for when you obtained your Masters degree and finally got both feet in the door w/in your industry of choice. Everybody else may take the left lane and sport $150 Creed which is great but you can choose to take the express lane and surpass them all with a smooth elegant scent of black tea and cinnamon. Scent life does change each day but be liberal with the trigger.

Jave26
Jave26

A very very nice fragrance a must try for anyone who hasn't yet a thumbs up.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Like Gucci Pour Homme I, it’s unique and matchless. The original one was very hot and sharp and this one is cool and light, but I can’t say it as clean and refreshing cool scent. It’s like nothing you smelled. Absolutely new innovation!

You may like it or not without any prejudging! And even you like it, probably can’t wear it every day!

Fortunately despite most of cool scent, longevity is good.

I like it ☺

مثل گوچی پورهوم یک، این عطر هم بسیار منحصربفرد و عجیب و غریبه
گوچی پورهوم یک بسیار گرم و تند بود و این یکی خیلی سرد و سبکه. بر خلاف اکثر عطرهای خنک، این یکی بوی تازگی و تمیزی نداره و در کل میتونم بگم که نظیر این عطر رو جایی نشنیدین

ضمناً احتمالاً برای استفاده هر روز هم زیاد مناسب نیست چون ممکنه خیلی زود ازش خسته بشین
عطر جالبیه اما اونقدرها مهربان و دوست داشتنی نیست
دوام و پخش خوبی هم داره

aFineNose
aFineNose

I loved Gucci Homme so I sampled this, and I liked the smell but it left tan-coloured stains on my skin. So test this before you buy it!

guest_KikkoMan
guest_KikkoMan

Fantastic! Two most unique scents for men are Kenzo pour homme and Gucci pour homme 2.

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

When I was real beginner at fragrances (I had just 1 good scent - Bvlgari Aqva) I was testing lot of stuff in local perfumery. Everything to me smelled alike but Gucci II was different. I liked it from first sniff. It smells different than other masculine fragrances... rather feminine... Its refreshing, bit sweet with strong tea note and smells really luxurious. There is also noticable pimento and cinnamon note on drydown and I think its great for any season and any occasion. I bought it 1 year after first testing and since then many frangrances passed my nose but Gucci II is really exceptional. It absolutely suits my style, works great with my chemistry and is absolute favourite of my girlfriend on me. Longevity on me is above average and I usually get 8-12 hours of average sillage.

Overall 9,5/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

This has got to be my most favourite scent EVER.

I got a free sample vial thing a couple of years back, and had a sniff, expecting not to like it. . . but (and forgive me for saying this) I smelled this huge waft a Cherry VK which I used to love in my uni days, and that was it, I was hooked!! I went to Aberystwyth for the night, and poured the whole sample over a white top I had on, and it stained it but it was worth it ;)

Now, I don't smell the Cherry VK so much, but a very fresh, sweet, aromatic, slightly cherryish TEA smell. So gorgeous.

The sillage isn't that great, but I've got all the products (gel/ aftershave/ deo/ EDT etc) to try and make it a bit longer lasting.

Just wish men's products had body cream.

Also this has got me millions of compliments, from men and women. I think on a man it would smell pretty masculine, but it has got that slightly sweet touch to it, so could easily be unisex.

RyanJ
RyanJ

Fantastic stuff; it just exudes sophistication, but can still be worn everyday. Longevity on me is simply incredible: 30-40 hours! A very sweet smell with an awesome drydown. Only downside, is that projection is pretty poor, to an extent where its almost non-existent; only someone close to you will smell it, but when they do, they'll want to cling to you. For that reason alone, i'd say that although you can wear it everday, it's better for special occassions/evenings. Very well made in every aspect - Gucci's best offering I.M.O

andrew85
andrew85

i really love this, brilliant composition.. i loke to wear this on cold weather. Good for Gucci... Its fresh, warm, love the tea and cinanom and violet leaf smell... it smells expensive too..

Pureness
Pureness

A good perfume, and recognizable on the street too.
Plus it doesn't smell cheap, not even for those who are not really interested in perfumes.

andy

VERY VERY VERY masculine mysterious its got a lot of exotic notes in the cocktail and the myrh and olive tree make it rich with the cigar tobacco its a total man man scent and ive heard it dosent last....... it lasts for days its just pure oil that stays close to the skin making it perfect for a date night

go to a scent counter and ask and they will pull this stuff out. amazing stuff!

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Hmmm, now this is something different. Nice Gucci, very nice. Fresh meets business class. Gucci Pour Homme II is something you would have never caught me wearing like 6 months ago and now here I am loving it.

Homme II is like a professional fresh. I'm wondering if its the tobacco leaves and black tea that makes this so different. I can't really depict the notes too well all I know its beautifully blended to make a classy kind of fresh. Good quality fragrance.

I haven't had the pleasure of wearing it yet but I do know someone who does wear this. A woman who I work with wears it (I wonder if she knows it's for men! She is kind of manly though :x). Basing it on smelling it on her, the longevity is long and the sillage is good.

Update: I was just told that I smelt like clean laundry while wearing this. :(

andy

gucci is amazing stuff if not the BEST buy right now its woodsy and exotic and sexy smelling and PERFECT brew to sport right now (woodsy and fresh orientals are really in style and aquatics/citrus and fruity scents are kinda dated)

perfect for clubbing, its a total hip hop scent and this is the bathing ape of fragrance everyone wants to smell like this i strongly reccomend the scent u will want to throw everythin else away

andy

id have to say this is a total chick magnet, the guccis know about what makes a good scent and PERFECT the art and are top of the line

as for the scent i get a nice woodsy matrix with some tobacco and various exotic musks and frankinsence but the tobacco in this scent is well done and this scent smells good on smokers

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

i painfully agree....I never thought I'd be wearing anything from Gucci anymore...I love it spice, yet sweet,...Definitely good for fall/winter

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

well, this perfume is very special. There are 2 options:1) you will love it, 2) you will hate it. I love it, and I think its very classy, luxurious and sexy.

ASpears
ASpears

Gucci PH II reminds me of 212 for Men, minus the metallic / spicy aroma. I can also see bamacharm's assertion that it smells like Burberry Touch. I've always thought Touch & 212 had similar qualities. Relative to a lot of other fragrances, Gucci PH II is also a very subtle scent that I think smells too much like my natural scent. And a lot of the notes in Gucci PH II are part of my diet.
I'm not sure if there is any science to corroborate the assertion that one can smell like what they eat, but when I sampled it at the store, I couldn't smell a thing. I mean absolutely nothing. When I left the store, the scent was more apparent and reminded me of honey. It could just be an association I have with the black tea & bergamot, because I'm a fan of Earl Gray double bergamot tea with honey.
I haven't had it long enough to get any sort of reaction from anybody else about how it smells on me. When smelling it on tester paper, one woman acted as though she was having an orgasm when smelling it, and exclaimed "Yes! Yes! My God, yes!" Another woman gave an unenthusiastic "it smells good."
Personally, I'm iffy about it. We'll see how it goes.

Endymion
Endymion

Maybe it's a great scent, but somehow this is one of those scents I really hate! Somehow it makes me feel bad and wanna puke :(
Sorry, but for me it's terrible! I hate when people wear it around me (I could even sense it at a party someone wearing it making me feel irritated), and I just couldn't stand it on myself!

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Delicious and seductive. Exactly. When I met it on a very well-groomed sexy guy, I fell in a kind of stupor. Not because of his good looks he was perfectly aware of. It was just for the first time in my life I suddenly got an unpleasant feeling that a men’s perfume is seriously competing with mine or at least trying to. I even felt a desperate urge to immediately pour smth like Pure Poison Elixir over myself in opposition to this …. Just to maintain the status quo.

Actually, I enjoy smelling that frozen cherry-tobacco-woody note and love it in women's perfumes too, though it sounds really glamorous to me, that’s why, in my opinion, it makes a metrosexual man sound too metrosexual… And I believe, on the right man it could be really irresistible …

scenturian
scenturian

One of my top 5 cologne. Very delicious, hot, seductive and elegant. Very masculine, women likes so much.
It doesnt have any similarities with its predecessor which is gr8 also. This is less woody than the original.
The tea note is really fabulous.
Can be worn anywhere anytime.
Lasts long on my skin and has good sillage.

Good review, collector, though it sounds EXACTLY like ad copy from a certain black and white striped beauty store's website...

riri
riri

I had tested it a week ago and it smells so good, i love the base notes how it end up like tobacco. I'd definitely go with this one over Dune by Dior for my bf. I agree with Leo! My bf is a heavy smoker and this one will work for him a lot.

crfan
crfan

The best modern fragrance out there right now.Stunning blend of spices and woods. I like to use it for daily wear. Gets terrific compliments.

guest_lincegsxr
guest_lincegsxr

es una colonia que no me aporta nada... al principio me huele como a lilas...
pero enseguida desaparece el olor.
diria que es moderna.... que es para invierno pero no muy de invierno...para nada de verano ( no es fresca pero tampoco pesada).

Huele bien pero no es de esas que dices " me la compro "....
El frasco me gusta... jajajaja.

ozfest22
ozfest22

I like this one a lot. To me it wasn't as strong, and it didn't seem to last as long as I would have liked. However, don't let that fool you into thinking I didn't like it. In fact For a romantic occasion when you are up close with your girl this is a very nice smell for her to enjoy, and I think most ladies agree.

eduardomm
eduardomm

a fresh and light fragrance... it doesn't last too much on my skin, but it still pleasent! it's smells when you take a shower.

Leo
Leo

This cologne is so manly...
It has a dominant character. You can smell the tobacco. The smell is so strong...
Smokers..... Take this!!

acc
acc

If you want a light yet long lasting and classy fragrance, look no further. It is extremely well blended. Some notes come and go very quickly but the notes that stand out evolve extremely well.

I have all of Gucci's fragrances and they are the ones that i usually reach to in my 25+ fragrance collection.

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

I adore this on too. Works well with my chemistry, makes me feel sexy, strong and confident. I would say it's unisex perfume.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Reminds me so much of opening of Fahrenheit and also Black by Bvlagri. Really fresh with a hint of cinnamon.Black tea gives it a note that reminds me of gasoline smell and that makes this fragrance really masculine and long lasting.

guest_Ra
guest_Ra

I love this fragrance.Top fo the tops and the best fragrance ever,So masculine and seductive

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A cute bottle. Too weak to be called parfum. Smooth, gentle, light, easy to use. It's ok. I almost feel the tea note in Gucci Man2 all the times.

fqjcior
fqjcior

This one is fresh and elegant, very masculine. I love the black tea note in it. Good for any occasion. Another great by GUCCI!

gigimarketing
gigimarketing

I really like this perfume...I love how its spicy heart and the woody at the end...it is very particular and not for everyone...it makes me feel special when I wear it

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci 4.37 out of 5 based on 2001 ratings and 381 user reviews

Gucci Pour Homme Ii Cologne by Gucci, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gucci Pour Homme Ii Cologne by Gucci, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perfume.com
Gucci Pour Homme Ii Cologne by Gucci - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Gucci Pour Homme Ii Cologne by Gucci - 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Pour Homme II fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Pour Homme II, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.