Designers » F-H » Chypre Fruity « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1224 I had it: 1312 I want it: 547 My signature: 57

Gucci Rush Gucci for women Videos
Gucci Rush Gucci for women Pictures

This is Gucci's second fragrance for women. Gucci Rush is a very attractive and recognizable fragrance, impulsive and irresistible, just like love at first sight. The name of the fragrance "Rush" reminds of stimulative drug, very widespread in America during 1980s. The intensive red bottle has the shape of a video cassette tape, a very unusual and modern design. The fragrance is composed like a luscious exotic floral cocktail: Californian gardenia, South African freesia, jasmine and Turkish rose. Corriander, vanilla and patchouli emphasize the oriental character and uniqueness of this fragrance.

The top notes are gardenia and freesia; the heart is created of jasmine, Turkish rose and coriander, the drydown unites vanilla, patchouli and vetiver. The fragrance has a lingering trace that follows the woman and surrounds her from all sides. The perfume was created by Michel Almairac in 1999.

African Freesia Petals Peach Californian Gardenia

Narciso

Gucci Rush Fragrance Reviews

Alley - D
Alley - D

A tiny amount goes a very long way! I do love this fragrance, but I have to be in the mood to wear it as it can make my nose a bit stuffy.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

My number one, my signature scent. I remember the moment I first experienced it. I was at my darling brother's house, circa 1999. My niece had a wee sample of this, and she sprayed a tiny bit onto my sleeve. I then took the train back from Glasgow to northern England, and for the entire journey, my nose was glued to my sleeve. Gucci Rush isn't for everyone, I admit. It's incredibly bold. I love its boozy rum and bourbon whiskey notes, the subtle burst of patchouli, mild florals, and the combination makes for a very sexy potion indeed. So many people compliment me on my perfume when I wear Rush. I wore it on my wedding day. It's "me". Even the in your face double decker red plastic casing says, "I'm me, I'm different, love me or hate me, but I'm here to stay!" Very different from anything else on the market. Nothing is quite like Rush, even now. It's vanilla rum yum!

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

My fragrance favorite; sexy and sweet! sensualy in time!!

jessora
jessora

I agree about a lot of the reviews here. I find this to have a milk/cream sort of peachy oatmeal or granola flavor if I have to put my finger on it. But it's much, much more to me.

I have a vague recollection of going to a department store in the mall circa 1975. I probably had on plaid kulottes and Keds sneakers. My mom probably held my hand walking with me to the stained glass awning over the department store's doors.

Inside, the smells of upholstery from the furniture department, the smells of the salon next to that, and the candy counter, plus the Miss Breck hairspray for all the lacquered do's (and the perfumed sales ladies) all mixed together. The scents of being inside an air-conditioned store full of classy things and people wanting to renew themselves by shopping were comforting, just like the Musak playing on the speaker.

I find this fragrance very pleasantly evocative of the summer mornings from days gone by, and maybe an indoor ficus plant or two. I'm not getting a earthy vibe here but a sunny, airy vibe of sunbeams and stained glass and maybe Swedish Fish and roasted nuts at the candy counter from summer days.

AbbyAtt
AbbyAtt

love love love this perfume!!! one of my all time favorites!!

maremaree
maremaree

This scent is for me too depressing,not fresh,it's just not shaped and unique,i have it for a 4 years and don't use it.Good things is that its long lasting.

makeupguru
makeupguru

I like this fragrance. It's a bit cheeky and the bottle is unique. I spray the scent on my clothes and it lasts much longer than on my skin. I like it, not sure I would purchase it again but I'm enjoying it for now. I agree with others who feel it's a club type scent.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Milky peach mixed with hairspray. That's the best way I can describe Gucci Rush.

This was the first perfume given to me by a boyfriend. I was 17 or 18 and I remember thinking that Rush was far too strong and mature for me at the time. I was given the perfume and lotion in a gift set, and both came in peculiar little red lego-like boxes. The packaging alone sets Rush apart from any other fragrance on the market, from its inception to today. I eventually gave my original bottle to a friend. However, I ordered a new bottle from Sephora last week to retest Rush.

This is a unique fragrance. Nothing smells quite like it but I would say if you like scents such as Black XS and Lady Million then you should probably like Gucci Rush. It's definitely made more for nights out. It's vampy.

I've read some don't like the fragrance box because they can't tell how much juice is left. Just put the box up to light and it becomes less opaque, letting you see the amount of fragrance remaining.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll all bottled up in a legal, sleek, sexy red box. Hello sex pheromone.

Picture this:

It's 1975. You're a super hot chick with Farrah Fawcett hair, wearing bell bottom jeans, a tummy bearing tank and six-inch wedges with wooden heels. The outfit topped off with five sprays of Gucci Rush.

The top is down on your 1967 Red Chevy Camaro SS, Foghat's Slow Ride is blaring from the speakers when you pull up to a hotel - a hotel that happens to be occupied by The Rolling Stones while on their North American tour.

You hang at the bar and eventually catch the attention of Mick Jagger himself. The closer he gets, the more enthralled he becomes by you (or is it the Rush?). You earn an invite to party with the band at 3 a.m., and you have your night rolling around in the sheets with Mick. Or was it with Keith? Or was it with Ronnie? Bill or Charlie?...heck, the night was so crazy you can't even remember after you leave the hotel, hair a mess, clothes disheveled, grin on your face - not a care in the world.

BUT Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Bill, Charlie, or whomever it was you played hanky-panky with, will NEVER forget YOU. Or more precisely, they will never forget Gucci Rush.

FYI, totally not a true story and no band members were hurt in the making of this review.
Lasts 12+ hours. Projection is a beast.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this and also have gucci rush 2.. love this..brings me bk to 1999

antihero
antihero

Rush

Hands down this is (don't cringe) the sexiest fragrance I have come across so far.
Upon first spray there is a note, coriander I think, that is a bit bitter and pungent, not to worry because this blooms into white flowers with the now toned down spiciness of the coriander. The patchouli is not the cleaned up version, which adds to the sensuality of Rush. The drydown is has a real vanilla of the essential oil variety, slightly smoky and boozy. Gorgeous. The peach is so well blended it is hard to islolate. Oh, this is not to be overlooked. Hot. Hot. Hot.

I have heard the phrase, "sex in a bottle" this is... in a plastic, red rectangle.

Andi Rrr
Andi Rrr

This fragrance changes my personality. I tend to be more conservative, shy, and reserved-- but wearing this turns me into some kind of wild, animalistic, confident, and almost aggressive man eater. I picture that cliche of the stuffy, buttoned up librarian untying her hair and whipping it around haha! It is spicy, bold, energetic, unique, and I would say even a bit androgynous...perfect for a night out especially in the cold winter months...hot hot hot.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Tacky and gorgeous at the same time!
This is a perfect scent to go out clubbing.
It's thick with peach patchouly and vanilla,it's rather heavy even though it's an EDT and it leaves a lovely trail at one's passage.
It's not something I'd wear everyday but I really enjoy when it's cold outside,I find it quite comforting.

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

So this is from a hubby's point of view and may offend some?

This fragarance is edible, intoxicating, lovely and one of the most sensual I have ever had the pleasure to smell. Most fragarances quickly depart from my wife, NOT this one, it stays and evolves into a complete lust cloud. For me it is a little red bottle of erection.

It opens with what I will describe as very fresh peaches, not cut but with the skin still on misted with a milky cream that has just passed over freshly washed lady parts! It is unusual and almost surreal. It evolves into the faint smell of citrusy fresh corriander landing on a cloud of marshmallowed patchouli. It stays there and gets softer and softer as 8 or 9 hours pass by, always present and always noticeable.

This fragarance is an exquisite masterpiece, a four season wonder. It is erotic thrashing nudity, a late summers gushing orgasm in a peach orchard.

Simply FANTASTIC! From a hubby's point of view.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I'm going to review this because I can't begin to tell you what it smells like. Would you understand me if I said that it smells the way the bottle looks?

Run your fingers over the smooth plains that constitute the long sides of the bottle. There you have the opening notes. Now touch the short sides, and know that not everything is going to be immediately obvious; there are things half-hidden here. Catch your fingertip on the pointy top corner of the bottle and you might understand the underlying strangeness. Contemplate that shade of red and know that Rush's message is urgent...if you can only figure out what it means.

A2saB
A2saB

when this perfume came out i coudnt afford buying a bottle so i asked my grandma to buy it for my birthday and she did and from then I don't know how many bottles of this perfume ive used up!! it is a georgeous creamy scent that its sophistication makes it loud enough that suits a person who is confident and mysterious...at least this is how i feel like when im wearing it:-) a little goes a long way and you dont need to reapply during the day. there are scents out there trying to be its dupe but trust me non of them even get close to this perfume. i wear this all around the year but for a type of person who wears perfumes seasonally i would say this perfume could be an excelent choice for spring and fall. I wish Gucci never stop making this beauty!!!

Di_berry
Di_berry

Flashy, synthetic, with tons of patchouli, extremely powerful, ultra longlasting, and still a beautiful composition! By the way I also like the "retro" and plastic packaging, so practical to have in your handbag! I blind bought it and NO regrets!
---
Edit: I'm changing my mind with this one, now I'm loving it! Every time I wear it, it gets better... This peachy-patchouli is great!!

Elenose
Elenose

I can't stand it! There is something rotten on the smell i take. Like 80's hairspray to my nose. Stay away can create an ozone hole!

vanillary29
vanillary29

Gucci Rush is all about loud, loud patchouli, creamy white flowers and milky coriander. It is bold and bright just like the packaging. It is MADE for fun nights with friends when you are ready to take all the attention!

sandraperdigao89
sandraperdigao89

Although it was not love at first sniff because of the proeminent Patchouli, this is now my favourite perfume for Fall/Winter season. The projection is heavy and it's long lasting, so great value for money. Also, I always have a lot of compliments whenever I wear this one. A stranger the other day asked me what I was wearing, and I was very surprised that she could scent it, because I am used to scents that sit close to skin. This is a compliments getter.

quency1
quency1

Actually it was a nice, sexy warm and full of rose and patchouli scents.ordinary men do like it for their girls but ufortunately whereever you were going you could smell this scent so it was not a exclusive fragrance att all...

boutonstendres

The first spritz is sex and the olfactory equivalent of skydiving. The peach and patchouli form a luscious, succulent seduction in which you don't really have much autonomy. I imagine this being worn by the folks that rocked my world and broke my heart. Enjoy the ride.

The drydown is something uglier, nearer Tattoo Loverdose, dirty patchouli or even buttered popcorn.

Unforgettable, in any case.

kwietok25
kwietok25

This is my new love...It's sweet but not cloying. And there is enough freshness so it's great for spring/summer.
I think you can never go wrong with this one.
One of the sexiest frags I've ever come across.
Longevity is quite impressive (9hrs+ on me)

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I love this too. I missed the promotion unfortunately. I think this is one of the most charismatic, sexiest and elegant fragrances!

beautydiva
beautydiva

One of my favourite fragrances! Especially for spring.
The fresh and seductive notes of patchouli together with florals, fruits and the soft intoxicating oriental base are irresistable for me :)
I saw it today at Daily's on Strawberrynet and...of course I ordered it.
One of those fragrances that most of women all around the world are in love.
Constantly in my Top 10, highly recommend it to all these women that are not afraid to be themselves, to attract and play:)

janelle70
janelle70

Oh my, am so tempted to buy this on strawberrynet's daily specials now and I've got 23 hours to decide! :D It is too strong for our tropical climate but the patchouli in this is strangely alluring!

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

This is alright. I think it's a safe, casual scent for any time, any weather, every day use at work. But it reminds me strongly of a shampoo or hairspray....which would make it a good scent for every day use when you don't want to knock everyone out with your fragrance. It's kinda peachy/fruity, kinda floral, but I can only think of shampoo. This is a light, casual weekend scent to me. It does stand out a bit among all the other fruity floral shampoo fragrances because of the unique bottle. The bottle is cool, it is indeed reminiscent of a cassette tape or VHS tape, although I'd find it irritating that you can't see how much perfume is left due to the opaque plastic.

tanya.tang.397
tanya.tang.397

I shouldn't like this one (I prefer green note) somehow its smell seduce me

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

this is a weird one...it reminds me of bubblegum breath..like a peach and mint aroma....first time smelling it on test strip i recognized smelling it in the air on people before..

daraki
daraki

This is a chewy, floral oriental fragrance that has an effervescent slap and then a seductively floral after linger... Purely feminine in every way. If it's too strong than you've abused it. I would call it "The match-maker" or the "heart breaker" one of the two.

Cochlea
Cochlea

I am obsessed with this fragrance, I cannot find it anywhere! A lovely fragrantican sent me a sample of this and it reactivated my obsession for this! It is an unusual warm sexy animalic scent- rich peach, heavy dirty patchouli, and coriander. I agree with many of the reviewers, this is a controversial scent. It needs to be tested before purchasing.

Melyche
Melyche

I used to dislike this perfume. Such a shame. Mom used to wear Gucci Rush and I remember saying " Mom! That red bottle again? Please stop spraying. It's heavy." I recently smelled in Sephora and Kind of like it. Two, three weeks later, one of my swap buds sent me a sample of it-Thanks so much Jill, and I finally got a chance to try it on me. Wow! Beautiful. Smells fruity but at the same time manages to stay sexy and feminine. Most of the fruity fragrances are usually girly and approximately 80% sweet, even though anyone can wear them. I personally enjoy them too.

However, the fruitiness of Gucci is precious. Creamy peach with a little patchouli touch. Can't get enough smelling of it. Makes me feel like I'm having some nice, tropical cocktail feeling the summer breeze on my face while watching the sunset.

I'd wear this both day or night. I've recently realized that I really enjoy the scents that fall into the chypre fruity group. I'm so glad that I gave it another chance. :)

OMG! Big headache it was! It smelled like hairspray or nailpolish with fruit flavour.
I found it interesting and daring at beginning, but after a few times I could not wear it anymore without feeling sick. An ex co-worker loved it and she used to wear quite a lot and it smelled much better on her (but she was not sitting close to me all the time). I think she fit the personality with her strong passionate style and manners, a lively and friendly lady.
Anyway for me it's a no-no together with Gucci Rush 2 and many other Gucci. They both trigger a strange reaction, they mad me feel sad and nervous and I could not breathe anymore. I had to go out for fresh air. I guess it was some used chemicals. Who knows.

goldiloks
goldiloks

I have a friend who wears this as her signature. Warm, weird, vanilla, rubbery fruity and animalistic. It is quite lovely, and melds with her skin beautifully. She is a dark haired, confident Italian woman, who oozes fun and sexuality. It's IS her perfume!

when I tried this one one, I was expecting to be transformed into a wild, confident, prowling lioness..... It didn't happen. I didn't experience the deep warm dry down at all, which is the best part of Rush. On my skin it stayed floral and fruity, like grapefruit. What a shame :(

To you gals who can pull this one off, I applaud you. Wear it with pride, because not everyone can.

arrokaj
arrokaj

i got it as a gift...good one but not really my favorite scent

craftyminx
craftyminx

People are talking about stocking up since it's been discontinued, but Sephora near me just *started* getting it again. It's available and in stock on their website, too.

sacha-grey
sacha-grey

This frag gives me an instant headache everyone I sniff it. Sweetness from the peach and vanilla, cool spiciness from the Corriander and vetiver, then white florals. That's what it smells like to me

Lovely summer scent, I like gardenia and freesia in it. Sweet and simple perfume.
There's something synthetic about it, but it doesn't bother me very much.
I find it nice and light, very good for a every day scent. Delicate, but not boring. Well composed, so many good notes together.

GMK
GMK

I love almost all what Michel Almairac created , he is a genius no doubt about that , Gucci Rush is very complex and pleasant fragrance created by him, apart from note description here, I get a lovely spicy sweet trail from it which makes GR almost a classic in womens perfumery.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

Rasha by Al Rehab smells exactly and I mean EXACTLY like Gucci Rush, pre-reformulation...now that Rush has been discxontinued save your money and by the Rasha...this is a dead ringer.

sempervirens
sempervirens

The notes I feel the most are coriander and peach - but the effect is not pleasant. It smells of plastic and artificial sweetness - like of chemically synthesised food flavour. It is very strong and gives me headache. Luckily I only had a sample.

jenscot
jenscot

Love it on others, wearing it gives me a headache. I had a friend buy it for his wife based on how it smelled on someone in the store. It smelled more orchid his wife.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Love, love , love #2

Lillitth
Lillitth

I used to wear this perfume on a regular basis. It always made me feel like a party girl during the daytime. It's a happy, flirtatious scent which made it great for dates and parties. I wore it when I wasn't feeling serious. I might revisit it at some point. I usually really cannot stand Patchouli on me but somehow it works in Rush.

I did forget to mention that I absolutely hated the ugly red square plastic container. Besides being ugly, it was hard to spray.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

This is a beautiful scent, vibrant, cheerful yet sophisticated, sexy and urban, versatile enough to be both a day and night fragrance.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

Luca Turin was so right when he said that spraying this fragrance feels "cataclysmic." It really is. The name is so appropriate, it's unbelievable. To me, if this fragrance were alive (which it practically is), it would be a blond starlet driving through the desert in a red convertible with the radio blaring and a long white silk scarf trailing behind her. It smells like strawberries, vanilla, and electricity. Adding to my collection as soon as I can.

Sherihan
Sherihan

Why it's written as the "Gucci's second fragrance for women" ? This is not true !!

sky hype
sky hype

The smell of MIGHTY NINETIES!

boutonstendres

Smells like sex, drugs, dopamine. The name is perfect. There's nothing safe or formalized here.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what this smells *like* as smelling it is more of a full-body experience. I feel it with my body, my emotions--not my mind. Still a mystery. Amazing.

By far one of the most incredible experiences I've had with fragrance.

happyscent
happyscent

Gucci Rush - it was a nauseating experience

it smells like plastic strawberry, your envelope in strawberry chemicals and industrial paint haha; If you like the smell of a freshly paint room, with a bit rotten fruit smell you will like this; this is for the brave and adventurous

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

How is it possible not to like this fragrance? It is the happiest, most cheerful smell on earth. You've heard about girls who have "peaches and cream complexions"? Well this is what they smell like, peaches, milk and fresh, young skin. It is honestly so good, I'm wondering why I don't wear it more often. It makes the world a better place.
Love, love, love!

deda147
deda147

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Apparently they reformulated it. I smelled it in the shop and it had this beautiful vanilla drydown. The one I ordered had this rather harsh, plastic, fresh drydown. Nothing like the one in the shop! I ordered it from a reliabe online shop. A real shame. My product was from a 4-2013 batch, so it was produced quite recently.

belleve
belleve

Super for winter.

nezi
nezi

My first love! I discovered this unique scent when I was about 12/13 years old, and instantly fell in love! I tossed out all the fresh fruity scents people would suggest for my mother to buy for me at that age, and I indulged in Rush ever since! At the age of 25, it is still my signature scent.

This is a LOVE it or HATE it smell. I have one cousin who won't even come near me when I'm wearing it. She is the only one who absolutely hates this smell. But then I have others stop and ask me what I'm wearing. I must admit it smells different on everyone because I have friends who buy it after they smell it on me, and it just doesn't smell the same on them. My boyfriend (and other past boyfriends) says this is extremely unique, exotic, sex bomb, and I can tell his mood changes from his usual shy self to much more flirty when I wear this scent.

I sneeze after every spray, but then you and everyone around you gets sucked into this spicy, sweet (not candy sweet!), floral, orange, clean, dirty sex bomb!

FALL/WINTER scent for sure. Great for a fun night out. Young, sophisticated, daring, sexyyyy bondage, and earthy. The woman who wears this isn't soft pretty in pink girly girl. She is more of the type that knows how to get what she wants, is mysteriously sexy, has smooth charisma, confident, bold, lady in the street, freak in the sheets. Nothing else like it. All i can say is ahhhhhhh RUSH!!!!!

bettyblue15
bettyblue15

I was so excited about trying this perfume after reading the reviews but unfortunately I couldn't stand the smell. I guess Im intolerant to the coriander. I got a headache after sniffing this but I can assure you all that it's a very long lasting fragrance. Its the perfect special occasion perfume for people who can stand the strong mix of plastic flowers, vanilla and bath cleaners. Other than that you'll get a migraine as long lasting as the fragrance itself :@

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I've had this for years. Why oh why have I not worn it more?
This is super oriental spicey warm seduction with vanilla sweetnes on top.
It's such a unique fragrance and something about it is just so hypnotizing. I sprayed a couple sprays on this morning and five hours later it hasn't budged.
It's major long lasting on me right now and I'm entranced every time I breathe in a get a whiff. This is a beauty. Proud to own. Sorry I've neglected you....I won't forget about you anymore after today. You've made your impression on me once and for all.

LisaMari
LisaMari

fresh, diffusive and sweet. It smells like sugarcane to me.

jaa456

Why in the world did I stop wearing this gem? It's fresh, sexy and unique. Here I am killing myself searching for a signature scent and all I had to do was re-visit an old one. I wore this endlessly in the 2000s and grew tired of it but it's what's I've been looking for along! The patchouli says I'm a hippie, the plastic says I'm slightly high maintenance and the white flowers say I'm a woman and the slight fruit reminds you that I still like to have fun ! Gucci Rush I'm sorry I left you, I stocked up on two bottles of this classic so it doesn't happen again.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

Patchouli makes me feel sick. I hate it. I like the GUCCI RUSH-2 waaaayyy betterrrrr! :)

mymlan
mymlan

I really really like this fragrance. It's sweet without beeing sugary, rather pleasantly cloying. The peach is delicious without beeing edible and the coriander perfectly balanced. Both notes softens the white florals and the patchouli adds depht. I wonder if it's been reformulated? My sample smells a little different (better) than the tester at the perfume counter? Nevertheless, if I had fewer fragrances I would buy a full bottle at once eventhough the bottle is a bit dated. Since the Video Casette Tape is almost extincted by now, I think it would sell a lot better in a good looking glass bottle.

marush25
marush25

Very strong sillage. Sophisticated, elegant and can be good for young and old women. It is a nice scent for evenings and winters. Not everyone would like it. It is very unique. Love it!

Shivana
Shivana

Creamy Cinnamon, Powdery Peach, Mandarin and Vanilla. The strongest notes are the vanilla for me. I wore it contantly through-out the 2001 - 2004. I loved this perfume when it first came out and instantly recognise it when it is worn on anyone else.

It is a distinct signature fragrance that is always recognisable, and it lasts.

Cons: stupid container. Both 30ml that I have bought have leaked from the bottom (which has left one of my drawers and a handbag I own permanently perfumed) A testement however to it's lasting strength. The plastic looks cheap and you can't tell how much is left.

I would of bought it more often had it been put in glass.

CherryKissesxxx
CherryKissesxxx

I bought this today, because I was led to believe it smells just like Katy Perry's Killer Queen, but lasted longer and had better sillage.

The box (because it's really not a bottle) is the perfect shape for slipping in your handbag and taking up practically zero room and I love that it's so different.

I only sprayed it on an hour ago, and already can't smell it, no matter how hard I press my nose to my wrists!

I'm hoping I've lost my ability to smell tonight, because I so desperatly want to love a perfume that isn't as sweet as the rest that are in my perfume cupboard!

It went on with a lovely, deep amber presence. The scent was like no other scent I've come across. Deep, sexy, mysterious.

I will try it again (and again, until I've used my 30ml bottle/box up), and hope like crazy that today's just not my day for testing new perfumes!

comperbee
comperbee

A few years ago this was my signature scent. I mostly wore it on evenings out and it had good longevity and sillage. I sometimes wear patchouli oil, so I can safely say this has a strong note of patchouli. However for some reason I started to notice that I kept thinking I could smell body odour, and realised it only seemed to be when I had been wearing
Rush! At the same time a friend whom I only saw occasionally and who used to wear Rush as her signature scent, I noticed once that her Rush had a staleness at the end of the day. (I never mentioned it and she doesn't wear it now!) I have no idea why that happened but I doubt whether I wear it again. I also tried Rush 2 but didn't like it, it had no longevity on me.

evgenia80

Rush is my perfume soulmate! It was made to become my second skin. It is there when I need sth to lift me up or when I just want to go out and feel glamorous . Rush can cheer me up, make me feel adorable, sexy , energetic, beautiful ,sofisticated and elegant! It depends on my mood . Rush is always there . It is the only perfume that I can feel on me all day but without being loud or cloying to others. I get Warm vanilla and some spicy notes . There is nothing chemical ,loud or plastic . I wish I got bored of it because then I wouldn't mind of the discontinuation .Unfortunately , my love is getting bigger. I will have a problem when Rush won't be on the shelves anymore.

Aeternitas

I reviewed Rush below in 2008 and expressed my dislike of Rush. I've tried a few times in between my absence from Fragrantica, and still never liked it. But today, I revisited Rush and tried it on my arm. I think I like it...

I have never experienced such a level of confusion from any perfume. For heaven's sake it's a perfume, not a complicated relationship... But I'll be damned if it doesn't feel like one! And why does it come off so erotically deviant and seductive? I think Rush is a shameless bi-sexual. She's luring me in. I don't roll that way, but I like the attention. I think I'm afraid to admit to myself that I like Rush, because I just don't GET it. Perhaps if I do allow myself to like it, I'll end up loving it. This just might end up being my guilty pleasure. Still, something about it is so incredibly strange.

As a previous reviewer mentioned, it does have this initially off-putting syrupy smell along with a plastic-y peach note. I can distinctly smell the white florals, and although lovely, they are wrapped in that wicked plastic note. Furthermore, Rush is a challenging fragrance, but she is risqué, sexy, and a little peculiar; all the while, she will envelope you in a warm shroud of impeccable sillage. Gucci Rush is just the perfume to keep you on your toes.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I wore this today. This is beautifully addictive. I couldn't stop sniffing myself! The creamy white flowers, the patchouli and the vanilla are seeeexy!

daredevil
daredevil

Extra seductive, exotic, outrageous for sexy outgoing girls. Its fruity and juicy for spring! The girl that will wear that perfume will be really playful and outspoken and definetely not serious and philosofical!

zucchera
zucchera

For many years this was my favorite perfume, my numer 1, my signature scent. People said to me that Rush is me and I am Rush. Then a few years ago i got tired of it, I couldent stand it, tought it was boring and to strong (strange couse strong perfumes are my signature). But lately I have been coming back to Rush, not in that same way as earlier and not as often as earlier. Today Rush feels like an old friend to me, if I don´t have the inspiration to choose what perfume to wear I can always wear Rush.

The absolute best thing about Rush is that I don´t get any flower notes at all, on me it just smells Patchuli and aromatic, it´s really spicy and woody on me and I love that. The longevity is phenomenal and the sillage is very good.

Imo Rush is sexy and seductive in an elegant way.

SusyQ
SusyQ

So rough opening you could polish a wood sculpture with it. Dries down to a smooth (but not quiet!) and very characteristic flowery piece. The flowers though are not by any means realistic - this is a psychedelic bouquet tossed in the air of a filled club by someone in a very good mood and with a very red lipstick. This is a girl we've all met - vivid, a little weird, lovely and so crazy happy you just have to like her. You won't have deep conversations about life with this lady, but you sure as hell will have an amazing night out with her.

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Love Love Love ,, just can't describe this unique scent. it's deceiving sweet, creamy & SHARP. All around can feel it.

elm0505
elm0505

Wow...this is sex in a bottle. It's plastic, it's agressive, earthy, ozonic, sweet...it's over the top. It's like a poison that you know will kill you, yet you can't help feeling attracted to it. The smell totally reminds me of the hairspray my older sister used in the eighties; I can't clearly detect any fruity of flowery note, the only thing I know is that it smells heavenly, although it is a screamer of a perfume, the kind that yells "Look at meeee!!! I'm here!!!"
I normally only use this scent when I go out at night, as I find it a little too much for daytime. But I've noticed that I specially like to use this scent at daytime when (warning: TMI ahead) I'm ovulating. It's like my subconsciou is begging for attention from the opposite sex. Weird, but true...

Overall, this fragrance is not for the shy. I really like it and I'm sad it's been discontinued, but I can also understand why some people hate it. It's a love or hate scent.

omneya.iskander

Ohh, it's my favorit was, and will be I guess for a very long time.
it's a genius compination of love, passion, and many dreams.

in my book, fragrance is always connects you to your memories. openions varies upon how you felt first time you wear the perfume.
I like gucci rush, the original one. warm, spicy, and feels sweety meanwhile i could waer at work it"s proffissional.

I love it, nothing competes with one but addecit by dior.

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

I remember when I first smelled this fragrance at Macy's some years ago and I found it to be terribly sweet! It was saccharinely sweet! I cannot quite remember much of anything else about it but that it left a sickeningly sweet taste in the back of my throat the couple of times I took a whiff of it from my wrist. Whenever I'd see this fragrance I'd steer clear of it.

pinkonyx
pinkonyx

I have been in love with this fragrance since 2004, when it was accidently given to me as a present (I had asked for another fragrance and received this). I just think it is so unique and sensual and addictive.
Its warm and spicy and feminine. I know it says its a white floral but it is not a "floral fragrance" it is far more earthy/rich than a typical floral. If you like warm spicy patchouli smells with a hint of sweet, you will definitely like this.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

I admit that I didn't fully understand the beauty of this perfume at first. I just thought it's a little bit heavy for my taste. But the more I smelled my wrist, the more I fell in love with this beautiful, creamy perfume. I was actually surprised to see here that main notes include patchouli, because I don't really feel anything beside wonderful sweetness of gardenia, and maybe a little bit of jasmine and juicy peach.
However, this stuff is just gorgeous! So feminine, so warm, so classy. Beautiful.

Aiant
Aiant

A wonderfull fragrance, full of life and desire, sweet, deep, diferent, almost divine, and magical...
If some time, you felt like a brilliant girl, but nothing special for guys, if you think that the glamorous and sexy lady is only a beauty face and perfect body, you are in mistake. The woman that can make turn the boys, is only the most intelligent girl, but disguised of hot and bad girl... this perfume is all you needs.

duy.nguyễn
duy.nguyễn

i'm a man and i love it on my wife so much !

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I smelt this on a lovely, extroverted young blonde Italian lady at a party. I was immediately asking her what it was. It really seemed to suit her being the bubbly and extroverted young thing she was. I remember thinking it was quite a sexy, stand out scent. Sadly on me it was all fruity sickly and made me feel nauseous. Weeks later at another party, the same Italian girl got into a fiesty fight in which she threw and smashed a glass at a fellow patron. Needless to say, that killed it for me! Let's put it this way, I don't associate it with class lol

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

Could a perfume scare you ? yes, this one did .
This is a scary perfume in a fascinating way ...Just like a classic horror movie that you just keep watching...This is the Halloween of perfumes ! The combination of peach & patchouli is like going into a kinky acts room while knowing it is ! .... Not safe , so strong , so unusual , so appealing and so scary ..I tried a sample yesterday when I was going to bed (Don't do that because it can easily generate nightmares !)..How wrong of me to do so , I just tried a tiny drop on my wrist and it transfered me immediately to a rented VHS video cassette , from the local club ; plasticy , grainy not very mainstream or famous but absloutely good & watchable ..It 's really the disturbed , hot mess , young girl with blond dyed hair & dated blue eyeshadow ...I couldn't "Love" , "Like" or "Dislike " this perfume above ...I will just try to forget it ...

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

To me Gucci Rush is the epitome of sexiness! I used to wear it for a long time and it's one of the few fragrances that I have bought more than once. It's very intense and long-lasting, which is something that automatically turns it into a Winter smell for me and more suitable for the night. It has a signature scent that will become your second skin and everybody will recognise you when you walk into the room. At least this happened to me. Men also love it! However, after I have weared it so much now I am kind of sick of it.

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

I only like this smell associated with tobacco! After the smoke settles into the clothes this Gucci babe turns into a diva!

fragrant_ica
fragrant_ica

This perfume is not for everybody.
Your chemestry and pheromones are the complement to every perfume, which is what it does on my body, this fragrance changes with my body temp and combined with my chemestry and pheromenes, it is DIVINE on me, makes me feel sexy and seductive.

I've smelled this fragrance on a other girl and it smells on her like plastic, so for those who hate this perfume, i think you know the reason now

marily
marily

So sexy and seductive scent.....It's a scent that is noticable and draws a lot of compliments.....sweet and spicy too!!! So unique scent,wearing it feel sexy,attractive,seductive woman.....unique,sexy,long lasting,great sillage,must buying!!!!!

christianne1
christianne1

Okay, I will be honest, I haven't smelled this in at least 10 years. I am no longer a popular, mainstream, name brand designer fragrance wearer and haven't been for quite some time. But I certainly remember wearing this. I wore the hell out of it. I thought it was possibly the best potion I had ever smelled in my life back when it came out in 1999. It was curse worthy. People would all but knock me down to find out what I was wearing. Men would nearly dry hump my leg like an un-neutered shelter dog surrounded by bitches in heat.

That was nearly 15 years ago I guess. I don't know if it still smells the same as it did originally or if they have changed it over the last decade or what but once upon a time this semi-dinosaur was nothing short of heavenly. If it still smells the same I think most people would be a liar if they said it didn't smell good. It may not be your thing, you may not like department store designer fragrances - and I understand that as I suffer from that as well - but ridiculous bottle or not, this stuff smells friggin' awesome. Will I ever wear it again? Absolutely not. I am just weird about things like that. It would be like suddenly wearing my off the shoulder Flashdance sweatshirt and leg warmers or something. It would just feel too retro and not in a good way.

Is it synthetic? Absolutely. Is the bottle/box/contraption hideous? Absolutely. Is it pretty much everything I hate about a perfume these days? Why, yes, it pretty much is.

But does it smell like magic in bottle? Why, yes, it absolutely does.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Love or hate-I love it, I love it. Some kind of crazy, wild, sexy, spicy indescribable thing, oh my!!! I am sorry I waited so long to try. Pay no attention to the white flowers thing, if this is white flowers then I am a Munchkin. Very distinct and modern. Words are failing me here. Sweet but not a generic sweet fragrance like every other...just unique unto itself. To me, most suitable to the cooler months and evening/weekend or romantic wear. I find it just a little like Cacharel Eden but much better! This may make my top 10 along with Angel, time will tell. A must try.

Strange, odd, unique. That’s the impression I get from Gucci Rush. This is a scent that smells like nothing else I’ve smelled. This is peach, patchouli, heavy, creamy, powdery, dense, complex, very unique. This is not a safe fragrance. The notes are blended very well so it’s hard to pick out what I’m smelling from beginning to end. This scent is not really appealing to me however. I find Gucci Rush very compelling because of its uniqueness so I simply cannot forget about it. But at the same time, it is too heavy and verging on cloying for me to enjoy. I admire anyone that can pull this off. By looking at the notes, I imagined it would smell completely different. If this is truly discontinued, I can see why lovers of this scent would be disappointed – this would be hard to replace.

basicallystacey
basicallystacey

The secret to appreciating Gucci Rush is for you to wait for the dry-down. Back when Gucci Rush was still available, I don't recommend showing up near people right after spraying Gucci Rush. I would wait 'til it has dried down a bit and figure out why this scent made it big in the market. A lot of people reacted positively on this - especially guys. Too bad it's already discontinued. But it's okay anyway because I kind of prefer lighter, cleaner scents nowadays.

kris919
kris919

It took me a little while to really appreciate and love this perfume. A friend of mine sent me the little bit that was left in her bottle (box) so I could try it. The first time I wore it, I got a bad headache. The 2nd time I wore it I really liked the dry down, but the beginning was still like a brain bomb...so strong. The 3rd time I wore it, I liked it from beginning to end. The 4th time I wore it, I loved it and the sample was all finished. The weeks afterwards, I started to really miss it and I kept going back to the empty box and sniffing it. So I bought my own finally and I've been wearing it nonstop. My favorite notes are the milky peach and the dirty patchouli, and along with all the other notes it just combines in such a perfect massive way to form this extremely long lasting, ginormous projecting synthetic yet awesome monster chypre.
I love Rush, and I really wish I tried it way back when it first came out.

krlamev
krlamev

One word for this perfume...: HEADACHE
Of course Patchouli is one of the notes that is not one of my fave ones and this fragrance is so "patchoulicious" (Patchouli for me is good in controlled dosage like in Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari). On my skin it is just like some kind of biohazzard thing that sucks up all my brain by the nose...

Kim1980
Kim1980

This perfume realy gives me a headache. As if there's nothing natural in it....just a bomb of plastic, leather, powder and some strange sweetness. Not elegant at all. Eventhough I love strong perfumes, this one is way to overwhelming for me.

Babyface_94
Babyface_94

My mum has this and she loves it but I just think its waaaaaaaaaaaaay too spicy. All I smell is corriander and cracked black pepper.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

So a notable book and some online reviewers described this as a 'lactonic peach' fragrance. Milky peaches, like peaches and cream? Sign me up! So I blind bought this and it's a win. I don't find it to be very strong on me as other reviewers have encountered. It comes across very smooth, reminding me of creamy rice pudding and peaches. A shame to hear it's been discontinued, I had brushed it off because of the tacky container, it always seemed to be pushed to the side or behind other Gucci fragrances (put the ugly half sister off to the side of the family photo). A great peach fragrance that doesn't smell like an umbrella drink.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Rush is an absolute joy. Here are some words that this scent brings to mind: sexy, playful, bold, unabashed, quirky. You get the sense that it's trying to be more mature than it actually is. I can imagine Madonna wearing Rush during her “Lucky Star” days.

The composition is basically candy and peaches over flirty musk and patchouli with some florals to round it out. The bottle is very striking and interesting, although the plastic feels cheap. It would be stunning in metal or glass. Rush boasts heavy sillage and marvelous staying power.

Rush is the kind of perfume that reminds me why I love fragrance. It's exceptional in every area: composition, performance, design, and concept. Go out and buy this terrific fragrance before it disappears due to discontinuation.

mihaela01
mihaela01

It was love from the very begining...such a unique perfume,long lasting,strong and sexy.Love it...

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm astonished by this fragrance, which I encountered today for the very first time. This is jaw-dropping. It's disturbing. It's dysfunctional. I was curious about this perfume because I had heard it was a "sad" scent. A previous reviewer mentioned porn stars smelling like this, I get that also. Vanilla? Peach? Gardenia? Those notes are here, but they are dark, tumultuous. This is an unstable young woman who doesn't always take her medication. This is an abandoned mental institution with secrets in the walls. I don't think I could wear this, but kudos to Gucci for creating this outrageously different fragrance!

IoIogizmo5 So sad news .It is irreplaceable

lolagizmo5
lolagizmo5

This is a sad, sad day for me. Just received an email reply from gucci confirming gucci rush joins the amazing gucci envy in being discontinued. This is in the uk but gucci have confirmed worldwide they will focus on guilty/gucci by gucci(including premiere) and finally flora. Maybe they just want to get rid of tom ford's memory, on a plus note if you love gucci rush like me boots in the uk have 50ml bottles selling with a 3rd off ... Get stocked up now.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

This smells like Red Bull on first spray, which I kind of like. It dries down to a nice sweet and light version of that. My first though on this was, "meh, I can take it or leave it."

So I tried on some Serge Lutens, had my fill, and went home. Now, I've gone through and smelled the dry-downs. I came across the back of my left hand and thought "Oh, that's lovely, what did I spray there?" Gucci Rush

So I think I'd happily receive it as a present and maybe one day, if I have an abundance of money and don't know where to spend it, I'll buy a bottle. But for now, when I'm strapped for cash, there are better perfumes I'll invest in.

shishi
shishi

A yummy, sweet, guilty pleasure. It makes me hungry for the scent even while i wear it. Strictly fun. Lasts the full day or night for me.

Gets compliments from men.

stacia79
stacia79

When I first whiffed this stuff I hated it. But then.. I kept coming back. There was something so in your face about it that turned me off initially. Then I realized where Gucci Rush fits in to the scheme of the world and its beauty became shiningly apparent. Can we talk about the bottle design for a minute? It looks like a VHS tape. That's perfect because this smells like the late 80s. It's hairspray and shoulder pads, acrylic hot pink nails and blue eyeshadow. This is how porn stars smell when they get all glammed up for a big shoot. Notes wise, it has all kinds of things going on at once. High volume florals, sweet vanilla, earthy patchouli, fruity peach. It's a hot mess but it somehow works! It is certainly meant only for wear at night, in a busy club or smoky bar. The synthetic smell is unnoticeable in these environments. I might sound like I dislike it, but it's quite the opposite. I LOVE THIS. It's a stand up and take notice smell. Big and loud with huge hoop earrings this scent is. She is a fashionista and her friends copy her style. Everything about this says big hair and gooey lipstick. But the world needs that! How can we appreciate that which is simple and refined if we do not occasionally experience a crude excess? Gucci Rush is the olfactory illustration of this concept.

raquelmoya
raquelmoya

I Love it, from now will be i thing my favorite and more, i have a sense of noughty, fresh and funny, when i used from first time i dint put it on me i just touch with my fingers, the smell follow me all the way i was going driving for 3 hours, i confirm that i liked , for me is the best ever really.

RedLady
RedLady

Brash, brazen and unashamedly tarty, this reminds me of the Ibiza party girl in her sky-scraping heels and mini dress that leaves very little to the imagination.
The packaging totally suits it – a bright red box for a very modern, attention-loving sexual young woman.
On my skin, its fruity, loud and in your face. It doesn’t particularly soften. I love strong fragrances that grab attention, but I think Rush would probably get me the ‘wrong’ kind of attention if you know what I mean. Its synthetic, chemical makeup suggests a lack of depth or substance - this girl has no intention of settling down soon :p

TexasGoose
TexasGoose

I love, love, love how Gucci Rush makes me feel when I wear it. I have relly enjoyed reading all the reviews. I fully agree its a sexy scent that truely lasts and is noticed in the right way. Lots of compliments when I wear it.
For those who hate it, well it just isn't for you and leaves more for me.

Kalinna9
Kalinna9

I love Gucci Rush...It's very unique,not for everyone.A very speacial,one of a kind fragrance.You either love it or hate it,there's no middle point here.Very bold,sexy,agressive...I should repurchase!

evgenia80

Second review here but it deserves it. I was at sephora today and I was trying to find something similar to this or something better.Guess what? There is nothing similar and the shop assistant had to agree with me about that.Nothing compares to this attractive scent...

maeculpa
maeculpa

This is what prostitutes smell like? Aren't they lucky.

Thie woman in Rush is not strolling along a beach at sunset in Greece, she is not effortlessly elegant in pearls and a twinset, she is not frolicking winsomely in a meadow full of flowers, or sipping champagne and discussing post modernist art with a bevy of chic parisiennes. She is not any of these things. She is just having a great time.

Love it or hate it, it is a victim of it's own tacky packaging and the word tacky is overused around it. It isn't tacky. It is a great pub scent. Opens with a blast of candy flowers a bit like those candy necklaces little girls wear, but quickly settles into a light pleasant happy scent with a touch of artificiality which I would take any day over heavy floral scents. Nice projection, you know you are wearing it but I don't think it is offensive. It is happy and full of laughter, and fairly modern.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

exquisite!!!!

Vanie2784
Vanie2784

I love most Gucci perfumes, but this one is my favorite! It's so sexy, and lasts forever.

parisalondres
parisalondres

This is a complex fragrance which I received as a gift set from a good friend. I loved the bottle design, I prefer the body lotion, smells better.

CBT
CBT

I don't usually like fruity or floral scents, but Gucci Rush has a certain heaviness and depth that makes the peach/gardenia smell raw, intoxicating and sexy as fuck. It's much fresher than the super musky, incense-y perfumes I usually wear, but it still has an intense and overwhelming quality that makes my manfriend call it a 'boudoir scent'. Rush is brash, trashy and outrageously flirtatious without being cheap, something about it feels very womanly and sophisticated yet futuristic at the same time. The only downsides are that it doesn't last as long as some of my more musk-heavy scents and the bottle is a pretty mundane looking red plastic square - the colour is perfect but its definitely not the prettiest bottle I've seen.

I wear Rush as my summer scent and it makes me feel like a trophy wife or a kept woman - it goes well with gold jewelry.

I definitely get patchouli, but this is not a patchouli bomb like Angel. It more so adds an edge.
On my skin it's mostly peach and gardenia. It's quite sexy, but not too heavy to be worn during the day.
I hate the bottle though, it's unwieldy and cheap looking.

i'm not a patchouli lover and a few days ago when i tried this it smelled like pungent patchouli. fast forward to yesterday and today and now i love it. it's sweet, but with a hard edge from the patchouli that i'm loving. i've been wearing it for the last 2 days and can't seem to get enough of it. oh, and it lasts and lasts.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

I remember when this perfume first came out, I was working at a department store and it blew my mind! I love to smell it as for amusement but I couldn't handle having it on me anymore these days. It's super recognizable and enormous and warm like angel, but completely different. It your a Thierry mugler fan you might be able to handle this one. I think everyone should smell this at least once

fatimatou
fatimatou

That's too much strong. God dont give headache to the people around you. I spray it on my wrist today and im having headache right now. But its a nice smell I you can handle it

It realy is strong and loud in the first couple of hours, but then in mellows down so beautifuly.
I dont get the patchouli at all (not that I would mind if i did) and I can not detect any plastic that so many rewiers mention. The drydown is sweet and warm, milky, but in a nice way, not cloying at all (similar to how it's done in Anais Anais by Cacharel).
The fruityness is indirect, like if you would eat fruit candy ( bon-bon), not the fruit itself ( kind of like in Deci-dela by Nina Ricci).
The sexyness is subtle too, I don't smell bad girl here, just the kind of feeling you get when you nuzzle your loved one around the neck, and the begining of slight tingling you get in your loins.
Red container is suitable too, it is bright, but light colour.

poojakale21
poojakale21

One word- OVERPOWERING. After a point it becomes unbearable, literally! I don't like this one but since its packed so well, it's ideal for long distance traveling. I'd still suggest a good deodorant over this any day.

Lazereyes
Lazereyes

Love this one! I got it as a gift several years ago. I usually wear it when I go out or I need a pick me up before I go to work. Spicy, alluring, but I personally don't think it's very over powering at all.

overall a lovely scent.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

I loved it! And many others followed me - after asking which fragance I am wearing ;) But one bottle was enough...it is not my signature.

VampLady
VampLady

Spectacular!

One of the best mainstream perfumes ever made.

Unique, but very close to Eden, Cacharel.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

It's trashy, vulgar, and indecent, and even the devil himself might be scared of it. But when the day is trashy anyway and nothing feels right, this is the one to wear.

It's like an exotic costume not to be worn everyday ---but something you need every once in a while when you're tired of being cool, calm, collected, and responsible.

Syrupy, peppery gardenia goodness with milky undertones. Weird but very hard to ignore.

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

Haha, this used to be my "bad ass" scent! It was my signature scent a couple years ago. I always wore it when I secretly go out, so I associate it with long nights in the club. It smells a bit dirty, maybe that's the patchouli in combination with the peaches. I also always seems to smell cigarette-smoke in it, but that didn't bothered me at all. It had amazing lasting power, I put on two drops behind my ears and other ones were still able to smell it after hours. This is definitely not for wall flowers or for people who are not into strong scents, cause Rush is a real head turner.

If Gucci Rush was a girl, she was definitely a dirty dancing-stripper, she loves attention, she knows what she wants and she's a real maneater!

Mons
Mons

In a world where nothing lasts, Gucci RUSH will stay by your side! This is probably the longest lasting fragrance I have ever tried, it will remain on your coat or scarf for days!
This is a lovely fragrance and a little more than one good spray and the headache will come on strong - even so, I'm on my second bottle.......errr I mean box. (Strange plastic box for a bottle).

This fragrance is for a strong person - one that is not afraid to say look at me.
This will impart itself in people's memory because it doesn't smell like anything else, I can detect this in a room full of fragrances. And other perfumistas have called it out on me more than once..

Not for meek wallflowers - this is for the girl with the leather pants and whip!

guest_Vie Cafe

Lots of love and hate on this perfume. But I am one of the lucky ones whose skin pulls a lot of creamy gardenia and jasmine from the mix. Of course I am getting a lot of the flashy neon synthetic kind of patchouli as well, and also a sweet juicy, watery peach note as well... (watery because of the freesia I believe, it gives it some "greenness")

This is like opening a big bag of hot jelly beans that were left in the sun on a hot outdoor festival day where people are wearing patchouli perfume.

this is my second review of this, but I still like it. Oh, and hello projection! 90s nostalgia!!

annettepe
annettepe

in my opinion this is a very spicy fragrance. its a bit too strong for me on the pepper and the patchouli. i wouldnt say its my taste but i can understand why many people think this is a deep and sexy scent...

ritacatita
ritacatita

Not a proper review, more a quick comment ahead ;)
I adore this kind of “plastic” peachy-patchouli combo.
In fact, a little bit more, every day that I wear it.
I think this feeling will go from this intensity stage to profoundness!
A serious candidate to another love of mine.
Ps – I had to find the right number of sprits to enjoy it on my skin. One sprit more is deadly and takes away its beauty. Projection and Longevity: huge!

evgenia80

I love this perfume!You cannot forget this scent even if you dont like it. Sexy ,spicy ,daring what else can you get?..

iam2sexy4uris

Unique and very Original!!!

L'Arlesienne
L'Arlesienne

To my nose this smells like a heavier, more complex Flora. I get nothing sultry, complicated or seductive, just a diffuse and potent shampoo smell. Nothing special about it!

kpn
kpn

it is definitely a statement fragrance. my sister used to wear it so it's a no-no for me, but it is one of those more unique scents...

suesue
suesue

Someone said, this smells like a dirty prostitute. That's so right!! But - in a good way ;)) but i can only stand this stuff when its really cold outside.

I bought the smallest bottle (omg, tacky thing) and it will last forever, because i can only spray 1, maybe 2 times. This stuff is sooo strong! But pleasant, if you use the right amount!

And, men love it too.

audreymahler
audreymahler

At first I loved it but then ...when I bought it, I got a big headache from it.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

This stuff is great!
It's fresh and invigorating. I don't know why that nobody else is mentioning a Pineapple note. Really, I was like "What IS that?" when I tested it at Sephora and gasped. Pineapple.
It seems that everyone has a different view on RUSH but I like it a lot.
One of the best reviews, so far is by WristSniffer.
IT DOES NOT SMELL LIKE SCOTCH TAPE! What is up with that? Maybe it's different to certain people. I guess it depends on your sense of smell.

jilligan
jilligan

I wore this quite a bit in the early 2000s. Lovely sweet woodsy scent. Lingers for a bit, so use caution while applying. Think warm blanket right out of the cedar chest with a little spice.

Kysyona
Kysyona

All or nothing scent. So loud, pushy and resolute - it's just what you need when you want the "bad girl" in you to take the stage! Due to a very sharp chemical note that brings out the modern cosmopolitan aspect of it ( together with the packaging which could not be more precise about what this perfume is like!) it can never entirely blend with one's skin scent and become "you" - it is rather an armour shell that you put on and go into the world to conquer it! This scent gave me the guts to put on that miniskirt that bordered on looking rather like a belt lenth-wise, and pushed me into the arms of bad boys more than once, with the obligatory cigarette shared in bed in the early hours..This perfume is definitely like your bold alter ego giving you a slight push to take one step closer to all things wild and forbidden. Extremely hot, a white and red pepper cocktail forced onto you and poured in one go down the throat, so dense on the drydown that you gasp for air and still want it to stay, very full-bodied, electric - the essence of the late 90s when the tech.progress was lightspeeding. I don't think I can ever wear this again because I hope I will be able to find that confidence finally in myself rather than in a bottle. Anyone who wants to take a walk on the wildside - this is the one.

blacktulipgirl
blacktulipgirl

Literally causes me to have a migraine, and the only perfume that has ever done so!!!

incandescent
incandescent

Yummy fun!! Juicy cuts of peaches swimming in honey, bunches of gardenia and candied rose petals strewn all over the floor, patchouli, melting vanilla ice cream, plastic hats, bobbing hair-sprayed heads, sweat pouring off hard bodies, music blaring and smeared lips after marathon kisses. Whoopee...It smells like a celebration! Perhaps a New Year's party at some rich socialite's abode? Or a Latin dance party where women in revealing colorful dresses stomp their stiletto-ed feet, swivel about and salsa the night away? A magnetic scent, statement-making, vivacious and sweet. Sexy and audacious, and will get you noticed immediately. Not for haters of strong fragrances, and definitely one to spray with caution, as it can get cloying, obnoxious and vulgar! But no, it's not just for parties, it makes for a warming and vibrant scent in the cold seasons too, something to keep you smiling and beat the blues away!

JUST FOR FUN: This scent has SAGITTARIUS written all over it, after all, they are the party-animals of the zodiac! If you are a Sag by sun sign or ascendant, this is probably what you are looking for :D It will also make a hot, commanding party scent for the other two fire signs, popular Leo and bold Aries ;)

nellyrlight
nellyrlight

it is original, sexy, very long-lasting and not in a bad way..love it..used several bottles of it..i keep one in my cabinet all the time..absolutely try it if you are a perfume lover.

gawerika
gawerika

I'm still new at describing the perfumes but I'll say this is one of the fragrances that require the wearer to have a particular presence to pull it off...extrovert comes to mind as it is in your face but smells mysterous, sultry and alluring when worn in smaller doses, impossible to ignore...as this scent command the air around it wearer to be noted thus you will either love it or hate it and this is a similar reaction most will have with TM Angel & Givenchy Amirage. It's a fragrance that will suit a hostess, a pop-star,etc. of a I adore it if I get whiffs of it but is not that brave to wear it yet.

lat
lat

This is a complete mystery to me. I should be hating it with a passion. Patchouli (ugh!!) all the way, gardenia, tons of vanilla, peach that turns sickly on my skin and vetiver that becomes too masculine on me.
How on Earth this bizarre composition somehow works is beyond me, but it does. And I like it.

I only have a small vial of this, ordered it online to come back to the scent that one of my best friends used throughout high school. I open the vial with caution as every single drop of this stuff is saturated with juicy, melted, thick and rich concoction of kink impersonated. That's right - KINK!

This is honey, peaches, cream but also sweaty saltiness + heavy aroma of iron in your blood.

As every kink it borders on trashy/cheap/over the top, but it stops just right at the edge. Daring and dangerous, this is NOT for young girls. Don't be fooled, guys, the woman who wears this scent has some stories to tell...!

kristine oh
kristine oh

Sexy, sultry and sophisticated scent! I love this though I only used it sparingly on special occasions only.. not really for everyday scent. This perfume lasts almost more than 10 hours on me! ;)

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

I honestly tried to make friends with this tenacious lady after reading all these bizarre, love-hate stories about Gucci Rush. I went to Sephora and put some on my wrist and memories of me working at the duty-free perfume store came back, of me hardly touching the stuff, even with the bottle wrapped in cellophane. It is loud and chemical, which could be a cool thing but it's unpleasant. I get right away the really loud, long, artificial peach note and I don't know, it's not something I want that close to my body for so long.

Nothing can remove the smell of Gucci Rush. Not hand sanitizer, not soap nor dish liquid. Don't know how Luca Turin could have liked it. The idea of it is much better than the actual scent. However, it does have more personality than fragrances released nowadays, purposely created to shock and make a statement. If you like it, you are a maverick and ambassador for boldness and that is what probably seduces people about you more than your actual scent.

Teezam
Teezam

Its a beautiful perfume and resonnates to the " L-o-V-E is in the air"... its fresh... kinky... girly girly (in a nice sweet way), loud, joyful, young, sweet flowery and unique..

I understand this fragrance is a love or hate deal to many women that because it caters to s specific age lot of ppl or for a distinctive mood setting.

It goes well with a personality type / mood setting to more reflect- kinkiness along with joy, freshness & an young spirit forward...

Most likely would be denounced by women in more mature lifestyle..

Its one of the few perfumes i have come to love through the years. Bought this for someone truely special about 6 years back.

This fragrance is guarenteed to come with lots of -XOXO-

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

I first wore this around 2003, mostly while at work.. I got lots of enquiries as to the name, yeah it's trashy, red and plastic, but it's also down to earth popular and fun, and I can relate to that ; )

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Smells sooo damn sexy, hot and draws tons of compliments I promise! EVERYONE around me sniffs and says 'mmm what's that lovely smell?' I never tell them however cause it's my dirty little secret, I just reply 'I dunno, it's my mums!' This is also my old drama teacher's signature perfume and everytime I walked past her this scent would fill my nostrils. It's indeed very heavy and guaranteed to get you noticed. I never thought patchouli could be smell so yummy. One of my favourite patchouli scents after V&R Flowerbomb

Gekka-Bijin
Gekka-Bijin

I love what canadianpetite said "patchouli sweetened with lots of peaches in milk".

And second Persephone's "she's sexy but she knows that "sexy" without brains in not enough"

You kind of want to make out with it and kind of want to eat it! But RUSH is definitely up for some intellectual conversation before or after;)

This is definitely an either loooove. Or Loathe. Moves comfortably into skin, leather or a wool coat. I've heard some people describe it as a dirty prostitute. Haha. It is pretty hot and sexy. But I don't feel it's in an objectifying way.

I bought the holiday lotion/EDT set after smelling the mag sample, I was 18. I bought my boyf Gucci Rush for men the sandalwood in it really holds hands well with this.

I think I'm gonna go come up with a recipe for vanilla peach and coriander shortbread. Which I will serve with rose tea while wearing patchouli oil.

dasparfum
dasparfum

bugün sephorada dayanamadım yıllar sonra bileğime sıktım.. yine elimi yıkamak istemiyorum. yüzyılın parfum de ki buluşuydu.. bu bir gerçek.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Patchouli sweetened with lots of peaches in milk. There is a subtle peak of gardenia and roses to further soften the whole composition. The vetiver keeps it fresh rather than smoky. To me, it smells warm, soft and sweet. It is not as sensuous as it sounds. It is floral sweet with a playful side. It is flirty fun but not mysterious sexy. That said, this is a rather loud perfume best reserved for the evenings or special occasions rather than the office unless, like me, you like to spray on covered parts of the chest to mute the sillage (only I can enjoy the full scent when I discreetly flap my clothes).
Wish the designers had created a much better container. Plastic, loud red -- can't see how much juice is left and the container leaks. Among all the bottles at perfume counters, this looks so cheap that I continue to pass by it. If not for fume blogs, I would not have wanted to try it.

On me,
Sillage: a foot or more
Longevity: about 5 hours

Update 03/30/2013: Finally have a bottle. Scored a bottle at Vancouver Flea Mkt for $10!

Barbarasvc
Barbarasvc

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! THE BEST!!!

cpgy2k1
cpgy2k1

I would also loveask anyone who doesn't want their bottle to please send to me!! Reminiscent (sp?) of my FAVORITE: CLIVE CHRISTIAN "X"--that's how seductive the jasmine is. Doesn't last on me as long as Clive Christian X (which is pure and stays on for at least 24 hours), but when I wear Gucci (when I'm out of X), I get huge compliments. And when I'm wearing X, people think it's Gucci!

LongIslandLPN
LongIslandLPN

I havent smelled this perfume in years!! Until recently! This was a huge staple of all the girls when I was in highschool around 10th grade 2003 to 2004. When I smelled it it instantly brought back so many memories. I LOVE this smell now as i did back then. I even bought Gucci Rush for men (now discontinued). However I remeber Gucci rush for men being very strong/musky and too manly back then, I didnt like it at all. I think Gucci rush for her is sexy, sultry, and powerful. I think I may get a sample and try it on my skin to see if I can pull it off. I think it can go UNisex it is not overtly girly. I will let you know!!

P.S. Just because I am a guy doesnt mean I am not intouch with my feminine side and on occasion would not mind smelling like a futurisic club-kid robot hooker of the future :-)

guest_Vie Cafe

I absolutely love this. I had forgotten about this brash-dissonant-in your face beauty of the late 90s until today when I sprayed it on my arm while shopping. It's messy, it's plasticky, it's sweet, it's patchouli, it comes in an ugly bottle and I love it! The opening is a big rush indeed and I didn't quite know how to handle it. This perfume radiates sweet-patchouli goodness and lasts on my skin for HOURS and hours, remaining quite linear and heavy, like a big hug.

I want it!

Thanks Michele for gifting this to me!! I cannot wait for Xmas!!

Mamabear88
Mamabear88

I absolutely hate this fragrance.I find it reminiscent of tobacco,overspray from pesticide and grandma.I was actually gifted this and ended up giving to a work colleague.I really wanted to like this and strangely enough my husband did,but over time I started to think "Kerry ,stop trying to make rush work for you,it's not going to work"

kit1982
kit1982

This is not only for girls, boys can wear this too. I recieve a lot of compliments when I wear this. The scent is still very modern.

This lasts for more than 6 hours on me, and best after a long walk... it starts to exude. Very nice.

Hard to find, because department stores are only selling rush2.

The only thing that I don't like about this perfume is the bottle.. or "box"

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

One word : LEGENDARY !

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I thought I would like this from the notes (patchouli, woody, earthy) but either my nose is all wrong or the notes are! To me it was completely watery, aquatic, and "blue"; I was quite disappointed, and would never wear it. Thank you Hilaire for your generous swap! Also, the bottle is tacky, tacky, tacky.

I do have to say that I think the problem here is purely my nose - so many positive reviews and five stars from Luca Turin make me think maybe the perfume was "off". Anyone considering trying this should not be influenced at all by my review.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I doubt I can add anything after reading blondeambitions review. It was with her review in mind that I tested this.
It is a very very sweet blend, sad and almost sickening, but strangely beautiful. If I ever want to buy a perfume to just enjoy, to be touched by it, not to wear it, this will be an option.
The peach here is so overly sweet, that I can actually stomach it (as opposed to the watered peach that is used in many perfumes, which is why I try to avoid peach like hell). It is strange, synthetic, beautiful in the most weird way. Like a painting that fascinates you and makes shivers run down your spine at the same time. Beautiful and almost innocent, yet extremely disturbing.

babyrose
babyrose

i just love this fragrance its absolutely beautiful not strong not sweet but it is making an impression . fresh and glamourous is what i think of smelling it

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

It's a fun, warm ... chypre? Who knew!

Go eassssssy on the trigger, tigress, or you'll smell easier still. It's a hard one to pull off, but I L-O-V-E!

There's some talk about how much Rush resembles an update of Diorella. The main attraction here is a giant peach that would give James a size queen complex. It's known as a party girl perfume and very late-90s indeterminate-confused aesthetic with the Rothko-wannabe VHS cleaner container. Rush can smell a little like chewed up bubblegum and cigarettes (in a good way, hi there ELdO), and I have more than once felt the urge to scrub when applied while in the wrong mood. But there's nothing like Rush for amour fou.

An oldschool virago in a fur coat complete with red spray paint attack. This scent smells like Italo Disco sounds: trashy, copying something so wrongly it turns brilliant, transcendent, spacey, artificial and synthetic, yet classic! "I'm a spacer woman. Don't you worry 'bout me. I don't want to hurt you. I just want to love you. We can start it over. Come on be my lover. You will be my mentor. Let me be your stranger."

Freesia, coriander, vetiver, and patchouli all in sheer but harsh red-flashing sequences hypnotize and harken to the spirit of all kinds of disco.

"I come from Space/I want to know/If I can do/My love is true... " Rush comes in peace. She's a raver and a lover; not a fighter!

Overall rating: 9/10 (if you're afraid of the description above, then make that a zero and move on).
Longevity: "EUROPA. ENDLOS."
Sillage: prepare for the stares and the glares (unless you dab, which I recommend. This one's gorgeous at low volume!).
Gender: more like: sex? yes please.
Occasion: painting the town if color-me-bold.

shayeri
shayeri

i just love it one of my favorite and lasting power also very good on me it last so long m agree with @elgab89 You will get noticed if you wear it..... :)

yay4mimi
yay4mimi

So many lovers and haters for a fragrance. I'm a bit confused :/

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

This perfume is dark and twisted, a shock to the senses, up in your face like a pit bull on a short leash. It's an ode to the drug days of the 80's. Images conjure up to mind: red neon lights reflecting off the sad, tired faces in a dark strip bar, a boy lighting the hair of his sister's Barbie dolls on fire, the dark rush of methamphetamine. Think of every noxious fume you've ever smelled and this perfume is it. Burning plastic, Aqua Net, gasoline. The plastic 80's kitch bottle is fitting - bold, outrageous, and unabashedly cheap and tacky. I think of Madonna dripping in cheap costume jewelry. If nothing else, you can appreciate this perfume for its uniqueness. I don't know if I got my hands on a bad tester or not but this perfume is the only one I've tried that makes me violently ill.

Marie76
Marie76

I think I reviewed this elsewhere already saying the same thing I'm going to say: I should hate this perfume. It's all I hate in perfumes. It's artificial. It's plastic. It's heady.
Yet I love it, and can't get enough of it. It opens up with something bitter and rubbery, then it develops into a round, very warm smell, I can't distinguish any particular fruit, but it's something fruity, so fruity it's almost like a rotten fruit smell...Yes, a bit like rotten peaches. Should be disgusting, isn't it? It's not, then it becomes this husky-in the throat warmth depth and it stays with you all day...I can't live without it. I always wear it to the cinema. I think it's a red velvet sort of smell.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This frag is nice but I don't love it. Everyone was recommending it to me since I love sweet, gourmand or fruity patchouli scents. I don't think this really does it for me though. Not only is the bottle ugly, but the scent is kinda boring and all I can really smell is coriander. I'm not a huge fan of coriander, but I think it is lovely in Moschino Chic and Cheap. However here I don't find it that exciting. I do like the patchouli but I don't think it's sweet enough for me in this frag. I'm really glad I didn't blind buy it, as several people were getting me so excited about this frag that I had considered it! I do like when the vanilla peaks out a little during the drydown, but it just isn't prominent enough for me. Plus, I find this frag to be really weak. I was expecting something much stronger.
Edit: The drydown does get better as time goes by, I have to say. I am liking it more and more, but I still am far from loving it.

one of my all time favs.i always have one bottle in my collection.it makes me feel so sexy
it could be my signature!!!

lalot
lalot

Gucci Rush is like a naughty little pleasure on a hot summer night. Strictly light and sunny, with a little hook that has people turn and stare. It is no classy perfume, but it is an alluring and attractive scent. Have fun with it!

mariaandreou
mariaandreou

it' one of the best! I used to wear it near 20 for years and I was always getting compliments about it!!! So Sweet!

Hairytrees1
Hairytrees1

This fragrance is so weird, it makes me nauseous. It smells of the inside of cars, mixed with a strange plasticky milk and peaches note. I imagine it would smell quite nice on a man though, something about it smells quite masculine and sexy.

Rice-Kitten
Rice-Kitten

For anyone that lives in the UK, River Island's perfume smells like a complete dupe of this!

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Ummmm....am I the only one in the world who would describe this fragrance as light? Patchouli and rose?Really? Where? Gardenia, jasmine, freesia - you betcha. Vanilla, maybe. Peach, uhh, possibly. To me this is crystal clear floral and yes, I get the plastic sense if not the smell. I sprayed lightly (for me) today, usually I reapply and I didn't. I could smell it very lightly and I can still get a whiff at the end of the day if I sniff close. But honestly, I don't get much of what you are saying. I can't smell Gucci by Gucci on me at all, so maybe I am asnomic to what they use, at least partly. I love the bottle, that is what drew me to the scent. Gardenia blooms can be horribly overbearing and I can definitely see this as a possible headache inducer.

Normally sweet and intensive sexy fragrance!

For me this fragrance first of all is a bouquet of the light pink peonies scent, mixed with the vanilla, which makes this floral bouquet sweeter, and patchouli, which unfortunately makes it a little bit plastic. The gardenia note is also noticeable, but not too overpowering.

I like this fragrance. It's charming. Only sometimes the patchouli note seems too plastic.

darkangel666
darkangel666

love this, smell lasts and lasts, the only let down when i was brought this by my husband was the bottle itself, being plastic u cannot see very well when the juice is nearly gone, feel very sexy while wearing this very grown up scent

mahadewi
mahadewi

In my early 20s I searched for ages to find a perfume that I could tolerate or even like, all of the others I tried did not appeal at all. Then one day I tested Gucci Rush, and that was it for me, I had found my perfume!!! So for my early-mid twenties this was my signature perfume, I wore it everyday! I loved the strong patchouli and that it was so unique and bold compared to all those other boring wishy washy perfumes in my local department store. Gucci Rush is something that I will always associate with clubbing and just enjoying life. Even though I am now married with children I still wear it every now and love it, it makes me feel confident and sexy! :)

missmonday
missmonday

If Lindsay (from Arrested Development) would be a perfume she could be Gucci Rush. Both are so obnoxious, loud and ridiculous but you can't help yourself and will end up going back to her because she's outrageous and wonderful.

noninoni
noninoni

I smelled this on a drag queen. I thought it suited him perfectly

mendosita
mendosita

Very noisy, trashy, sweet, overwhelming fragrance. The bottle is awful. Rush is loud, sexy and plastic, it has no class at all. But I like it anyway :) It's very recognizable, and I think it's been a insiration for a lot of middle-shelf perfume (Cat Deluxe N. Campbell, Bruno Banani). It is a statement fragrance, two spritz are enough for all day, it lasts and lasts without changing. Stays the same from the bigging to the end.

Uca
Uca

This has been one of my favorite perfumes for many, many years. While I have outgrown many fragrances over the years, this one has stayed with me. It is a classic, very recognizable fragrance with a strong sillage. I feel very sexy when I wear it! Love, love, love it!

imihelsone
imihelsone

The strongest fragnance I own. Very spicy compared to the rest of my collection. Not fresh at all so the only times I find myself wearing is straight after a shower for a night out. A perfect musky/sexy perfume, can smell the freesia in it with a woodsy touch to it. Lasts a long time, quite of an unusal pefume, nothing smells similar to it in my opinion. Definitely not an everyday, day scent. More an evening, candle-lit dinner type of scent.

Cams
Cams

One of my 2 repeat buys!I stopped wearing this fabulous fragrance 10 years ago because a lady I worked with asked me what I was wearing, I told her and she bought it and started dousing herself with it daily!I had to abandon my darling Gucci Rush!I have now repurchased and I love it more now as I feel I appreciate it better. Wonderful fragrance, monster sillage - what more can you ask for?

lisa o
lisa o

rush is like a good pop-song: rather obvious but cleverly composed. sing along and blush if someone goodlooking asks for a lighter:)

I must admit: didn't dare to wear it when it came out. but, that I'm older and bad taste is whether duty nor crime I sometimes really like a perfume yelling HEELLLOOO!!
it's fun...

pepe7111
pepe7111

i own this due its bottle design...architectural object a piece of art.

great color ,plastic material ,handy .

bravo Gucci team !!

prefer to male version though....

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This is a scent I've always been attracted to. It's very unusual and I honestly think it's a unique smell. This is for a vivacious , fierce woman who commands attention when she walks in a room. I don't see anyone timid wearing this. I see a woman wearing this as the same type of woman that can pull off the deepest red lipstick with stilettos trying to hail a cab in NYC while smoking a cigarette. That's just what i get. LOL I do love this!

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

I just got it smells kinda strange(in a good way ) but really outstanding indeed I will give it a chance

Denica
Denica

I had it when it comes out on the markets, and i was addicted! So interesting, chic, recognisable, with so much character! Very strong, very long lasting! Both loved and hated, like most perfumes that deserve attention and remain in perfume history.

Rush is ok. It's surprising that it's made by Gucci because it seems like it's not classy or mature enough to be a Gucci product. The predominant note on me is patchouli. I don't care for patchouli. There's also a ripe, juicy peach note, which is nice, as well as a sweet vanilla drydown. So while the perfume isn't all that bad, it's also not anything to write home about. I wouldn't go so far as to call it some of the things other reviewers have called it, like a synthetic, plastic, disgusting scent. That seems way too harsh for a perfectly pleasant fragrance.

Jellybean
Jellybean

powerful pathcouli-musky-creamy stuff. and it smells very familiar, it's been worn by many i'm sure. smells like obnoxious women at shopping centers.
plasticky drydown; not for my liking:(

starlight47
starlight47

One of my favorite fragrances,it will last all day on me! I am going through my second bottle. I love it!!

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I'm a huge fan of Gucci fragrances - flora by gucci, gucci by gucci, gucci parfum II and gucci guilty being among by favourite perfumes. However, I can't seem to even like this one, let alone wear it. I find it rather overpowering and plastic-y. It's quite strong and if you're not a fan of the smell then it can be very sickly to be around. A friend of mine wore this throughout high school and everytime we hung out I ended up with a headache. I guess to each their own, needless to say this one is definitely not for me.

mcphi
mcphi

i absolute love this.. My favs are this one and vip 212.. both of em hav gardenia n are musk scents? anysuggestions on others that may be similar?

Reverie78
Reverie78

This is the perfume that absolutely reflects my personality! Charming and distinct and the same time discreet and smooth. A scent that you can never forget. My favourite one!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

A Sexy Lurker

Well, if Gucci Rush is like "Grace Jones in a bottle" (awesome reference btw, @cherrycola), then she obviously slept over last night. It's the morning after, and I still smell Gucci Rush lurking around. I've owned this fragrance since the early 2000s, but it has been a long time since I've worn it.

I used the word lurk, and I think it's very appropriate for this scent. In this case, lurking is not a bad thing. Katie Puckrik, in her review, described Rush as a fragrance that hovers or that kind of sneaks up on you. It's totally true. I liken Rush's behavior to how you can see the heat rising from the road on a hot summer day.

At first spray, I worry that I'll never escape the somewhat disjointed fruit, milk, sour combination that happens, and I won't if I spray one too many times. I like that wild mix, but I wouldn't want to marry it. Also, Rush on a sweltering, hot day is not a good idea.

Once it starts to dry down, it becomes very warm, woody, and slightly powdery. Many reviewers use the word 'plastic' when describing Rush. I don't get much of that, and I suspect that many people are spurred on by the packaging. What would we write about Rush if it were in a glass bottle? In the end, I think Rush's plasticky effect can be attributed to its synthetic components. Again, this is not a bad thing. It just furthers the experience that Rush truly means to achieve.

To me, Rush almost hums for the rest of the lengthy dry down. It's very sexy in a sort of, "Oh my! I didn't know you were behind me, staring at me!" way.

mystica
mystica

It has a milky quality to it. Too sweet and cloying for my taste.
As a perfume it smells good, but I'm not sure if it's the definition of sexy on my terms.

ADCout
ADCout

Gucci Rush...

Many persons say that the bottle is ugly. I disagree completely, because the bottle reflects the perfume better than any other:

Red: Yes
Plastic: Yes
Intriguing: Yes
Bizarre: Yes
Loud: Of course yes.

Gucci Rush is all about chemical peaches and patchouli.
It's an explosive combination of loud ingredients, for all the persons who want to stand out.

It is a "non-natural" perfume, indeed.
And it is supposed to be like that

This perfume is chemical and plastical, in a very good, genius, unique, different, innovating way.

It is super sweet, and it is the perfume that got me more compliments than any other.

People seem intrigued by its smell, and they turn their heads to see who (or what) smells like that. It is definetly a love/hate perfume.

Gucci Rush is genius, unique and super loud.
The fragrance projects like a beast and stays all day long.

It is definetely a masterpiece... Everyone should try it, for a new experience in the perfumery discovery.

One of my favorites on women
And it can also be used by social men, who want to stand out on the crowd.

cherrycola
cherrycola

Like Grace Jones in a bottle: strange, beautiful, alarming, not to be denied. I happen to be a fan of hers and I love this scent.

miracle99
miracle99

The most charming perfume I have ever smelled!! It captured me from the first smell and i will always love it. Sweet, smooth, deep and elegant..A perfume that absolutely matches with my personality. Do not forget to try it!

chrissi.ville
chrissi.ville

Very strong and sweet. I bought in several years ago when I was in London and I loved it.

But the bottle is ugly.

NABILA AZIZI
NABILA AZIZI

best one had it all notice my smell of perfume still having this stay and feels fresh
in gucci i love this one if u love to have perfume collection so add this one

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Very unique, my dad had bought it for me as a present!

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Rush is so outrageous, strange, novel, loud and sci fi...I am thinking of going to buy right now although I have no plans to wear it. It's just too much fun not to have. Fantastic. Reading reviews reminded me. It's so distinctive and startling that I think most people remember exactly when and where they first smelled it.

artsyrn
artsyrn

I get a boisterous patchouli, coriander and rose. This fragrance has real lift off! There is something herbal and almost cold in the middle. When this settles down it is powdery, with hints of vanilla and a softer patchouli remaining. This is nicest in the end notes.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A linear, lovely and warm fragrance that may appeal to the majority..

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0-1 mins - Not much

1 mins- 1.5 hours - Great projection, approx 4-8 feet. This is a mild gourmand which on the whole is young, approx ages 25-35. I was expecting something "Racy" by virtue of the name "Rush" and the colour of the bottle, instead this is comforting and warming and something to snuggle up to on the sofa in your jim jams in the winter with a warm cup of cocoa and a big bar of your favourite chocies.. How about renaming this to Gucci "Relax"? As a man this is not sexy at all but loveable and caring. It is probably for me only that this feels more like a very soft cocoa gourmand (cocoa not listed) , with a very subtle mature undertone. I was complimented on how good this smells, and how it has a warm honey pot feeling to it...

1.5 - 3 hours. Projection sucks itself back in 3 - 4 inches. The mature side kicks in - presume patchouli - and not as nice now; though I think that it is still a linear scent, ages 38 - 55

3 hours - 4 hours - 1 inch projection

4-5 hours. Close to skin, thereafter faint smell

I really enjoyed the first 1.5 hours - why not keep that going for much longer? I had to smell my skin thereafter to get a whiff of it, so on that basis it's not for me..

KEW
KEW

I tried this a few days ago as the reviews suggested it would be powdery and I lover powerdy scents. However, I found it incredibly gourmand (the one group of frangrances I definitely do not like!)- very sickly vanilla. I can still smell it on my wrist after two showers and my coat cuff will smell for ever! Definitely not one for me. Horrible bottle!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This fragrance reminds me of my past - sleepless nights and night clubs, ex's, crazy and stupid fun but nowadays it just feels all wrong. I have moved on. Fizzy almost like a carbonated alco-pop beverage with a dry yet sweet sharpness almost like fresh pomegranate with the spicy yet sharp freshness of corriander which made this really different from everything else. A truly unique and luscious fragrance which was modern for it's time but also a touch of the past - like a fragrance of the 70s with the heavy patchouli undertone - this note would always mingle in with the sweat and smoke of your surrounding environment but somehow it made it even sexier - sort of a smoky sweaty incense which impregnated your hair and clothing.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

If you do nothing else, GET NOTICED! with this! this is such a 'get noticed' fragrance it really stands out, A unique sexy blend sweet warm deliciously tempting, deff. one of those smell it with the eyes closed while you let out an ahhhhhh type scent! least to me anyways.

Like most of the reviews said its truly is a love or hate it scent though most can't tolerate it because it is quite strong, but hello smack on the head strong = long RUSH has excellent longevity && projection. The one's who can tolerate this is truly a masterpiece to them, sh*t I'm a guy && I love spraying this on me it puts me in good spirit haha

O && its red b/c its HOT HOT OUCH! ;D

p.s. I have heard mixed statements of this being discontinued???...idk if true or not but last I seen u can still get it through Seph. or their website && im sure other places/sites, But at our frag. store it's been harder to get! :/ maybe Gucci is just limiting their distribution to other vendors, but if indeed true && Gucci ever discontinues this their is deff. something wrong with their lil' heads!

&& yea that was Express's tagline I used in the opening :P

vigilante_squirrel
vigilante_squirrel

Rush is one of the happiest, sunniest, most delightful fragrances I have ever had the pleasure to own. So many of the previous reviewers have beautifully described its notes and themes ... so I'll just say that wearing it instantly makes me happy. Deleriously so! Samples are easily and cheaply available on ebay, so if you've been on the fence about whether or not you should try it, I highly recommend you get a sample and try it! Pure happiness in a bottle for me!

alyaa
alyaa

Rush is definitely a love or hate fragrance. I originally wore this in 2000 but hated the top notes so much that I gave my 75ml bottle away. For some reason, I decided to test this on my skin again, only last week. My son loved it and described it as fluorescent and loud. I loved it because those top notes are now to me interesting, unique rather than bizarre and annoying. Those top notes only last 15 minutes and the next two hours, I can smell flowers which then at some point melt into the plastic base. Love the bottle and its sleekness. Absolutely the right size and shape for a small clutch to take to a party. Saying that, I have been wearing this perfume day and night and find that it doesnt overwhelm in any way but more complements and is simply a beautiful scent on my skin.

Linofrina
Linofrina

Rush was one of my favourite some years ago, love at first smell. Now I realize that I'm tired of it and this fragrance makes me dizzy. I prefer to remain with the nice memories of it.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I have to admit Tania Sanchez's stellar review of Gucci Rush is partially what prompted me to try it (even though it's the signature fragrance of my fiancee's ex wife). The first spray comes out with boozy ferocity, them morphs into a spicy, rosy sweetness. I feel like this scent quickly goes from fiery hot to aloof and cold. Finally it softens into a powdery and gentle drydown, with a slight whisper of patchouli, which is just enough to keep it interesting. It is aptly named Rush, taking you on a roller coaster of accords and notes, and doing a personlity change halfway through the experience. This is something I can only wear on occasion, and it doesn't feel like something I will replace in my wardrobe once it's gone. The bottle, or should I say the plastic box it comes in, isn't my favorite either.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I found this in a charity shop and they were selling for £1.50! I bought it before even smelling it lol. When i got home i realised it was actually the deo spray but was pleasently surprised with the smell, quite warm and vanilla. I use it just the same as a perume and the lasting power is pretty strong, so i can imagine the Edt is even longer lasting.

Even though it's not a scent i would actually buy myself, i would be happy to get it as a gift, or if it's £1.50!

atv315
atv315

I really liked this a few years ago but it is just very artificial smelling to me now. Don't mean to offend but the smell reminds me of a girl that tries to hard, it is this "in your face" sexy fragrance but without the complexity...it makes me think of someone who fakes sexual confidence. I think this is why it is probably popular with girls in their early 20s, including me at that age. There is nothing to cut or balance out the sweetness, I think that's why this scent seems immature to me.

garamascara
garamascara

I have 74 bottles of mostly really fabulous perfume (there are a few duds) but Rush remains my favorite. I have purchased more bottles of Rush than any other. It is my true love, my longest relationship with a perfume for sure. I discovered this fragrance in 2000 and wore it exclusively for many years. I have received more compliments wearing this than any others in my collection. I think it suits my personality, my significant other says that is smells like me.

Really nothing compares to Rush, although I would say that Poison and Angel compare in originality and brashness. This is a perfume that announces when it arrives, lingers long after you have left, and clings to every surface it touches. It sometimes seems to increase in strength during the day. You never forget that you’re wearing Rush, like so many perfumes that disappear in a couple hours. It smells like overripe red fruit and flowers that have been in a vase for a week. For me it’s perfection in a plastic box.

Grehjohrt
Grehjohrt

Rush is such a weird fragrance. Once I have sprayed it, I cannot decide whether I like it or not! Sometimes, I'll get a pleasant whiff of milky peaches, but if I smell my wrist directly, all I pick up is plastic.

teena724
teena724

Husband liked it .. But thought it smelled "powdery"? Though he does not have many words to describe scents Example "perfumy" "old lady" "sweet" "Ugly face, no words" and "WOW, you smell good" LOL.

All I can smell is peppery peaches with a slight hint of vanilla. No plastic. It's going back. Too expensive to be just "powdery" - too boring I guess.

venclips
venclips

Actually, i like powdery perfume. Gucci Rush is powdery, but it's too strong that makes me headache. I don't like the smell until the dry down. It's just too loud and too much patchouli, i think. Lasting power is average, a few hours on my skin. I prefer Gucci by Gucci EDT, Guilty or Gucci EDP.

smplkndagrl23
smplkndagrl23

was looking for rare and discontinued fragrances and Gucci Rush came up...work at a hotel and someone left this in a room one day and never came back. it's still in our lost & found and when I smelled it, I almost gagged. It's cloying, sticky, and patchouli is something I think you either love or hate. Had no idea this was hard to find, and I can't imagine anyone looking for it.

DancingVeggie
DancingVeggie

I smelled it at a bar on someone and really loved it. Today I went and tried it on. Smells really cloying on me -- way too sweet and freesia. I get no warm woody smells at all.

Nernanator
Nernanator

In 1999 (at 19), I thought this was the sexiest fragrance I'd ever encountered - it was my first signature scent. I wonder if the older, wiser me would still enjoy it...

MissLola
MissLola

I had a bottle of this perfume, but i didn't like it at all, it is to strong/sweet and doesen't fade away. I only smell: Peach Peach Peach and plastic ? Kinda play-doh with peach and plastic! hahahha, it sound verry weird, but i can't make something else on it. What i also not like about Gucci Rush, is that you not can see, how much there in is, that strange plastic bottle ? uhm... wel more plastic block, is not easy to handle for to spray, i always spray wrong :D Oh... I find it almost the same as Bruno Banani Woman, I don't like that one either!

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I ordered a sample of this a few years ago and just tried it again to see if I'd like it better than I did back then. No such luck. It's just like I remember it: bubblegum, fruit, and plastic.

cowgirl64505@yahoo.com

This is currently my favorite fragrance, get compliments every time I wear it. It is very strong, but yet no one says that I overwelm them. It is becoming much harder to find, have to special order it now.

deedhara
deedhara

started off nice. musky vanilla. after an hour started giving me a headache. now it smells of burnt rubber

sundaygirl34
sundaygirl34

I absolutely love this!! and get so many compliments when i wear it. My boyfriend hates it though! lol and goes mad when i have it on! Tough!!! :)

türkân.ali
türkân.ali

intrusive disgusting ...... full chemistry

Pumpkin Pastel
Pumpkin Pastel

hate hate hate this frag....yuck! >.< it makes me nauseous...mum loves it...wayyyyy too strong...and sticks on skin like glue...:@

nannaje
nannaje

YUM!
This one is raw, sexy and in the beginning deliciously in-your-face. Lovely! Sillage and lasting power are both very good, even for people like me on whom perfume normally lasts an hour tops. If you love it, but don’t want it to be too strong (for work or family gatherings?), wait for three hours before you go out and its beautiful mellowness will surprise you in the end. Does not give me a headache, BTW. (I sampled both this one and Flowerbomb simultaneously yesterday and my head was almost exploding with pain. I blamed this one - but no, as it turned out, it was the innocent one.)
I like it!

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Neon lights, heated flesh, slick patent leather, city traffic, and 2 a.m. in the clubbing district--all in one convenient, cassette-shaped bottle. Chandler Burr and Tania Sanchez absolutely nailed this one in their respective reviews. Rush is a freak of nature, all milk and plastic peaches, shrouded in a hissy metallic vapour. To be perfectly clear, the sweetness here is thin, aspartame levels of artificial--nigh unbearable if it weren't for a masterfully balanced woody patchouli that grounds the entire scent.

Monster strength/sillage, and an entirely linear composition. Far more personality than younger try-hards like Addict or Black Orchid, and Gaga-esque in its flashiness and sexual edginess.

Highly recommended.

I didn't find it uninteresting, mainly because of the peach note. It made me think of sweet honey while it lasted. Just my friend didn't like it at all. Also the staying power on me was rather weak. It had an artificial plastic note unfortunately too in the drydown.

PS: I re-tested it on my skin again yesterday and unfortunately had a big migraine afterwards that day. So I wouldn't buy it, although I think the scent itself is not bad (but not outstanding either)

cottonpop
cottonpop

loved it, very sexy!

Raquel73
Raquel73

This gives me a horrible headache,cheap and very sweet smells as plastic.The bottle and the fragrance is ugly.I´m sorry :-((

cheeks
cheeks

Very distinct scent that I can recognize anywhere! Basically a sweet, syrupy, plasticky concoction that's predominantly peach-gardenia-patchoulli...It demands attention and is unapologetic about it. A very flirtatious fragrance, It can turn a wallflower into a sex siren with jut a squirt, and is something I imagine a stripper would wear. It's juicy-rich and delicious in very tiny amounts, but quickly gets loud, cloying and vulgar if over-sprayed even by a drop. I have an aunt who wears this, it suits her fun-loving, OTT personality, but she has a tendency to over-apply her fragrances, that's usually not a problem with me, unless ofcourse she happens to be wearing Rush...arrgghhhhhhh!!!

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I am a drag artist and this is my signature frag when in drag. I perform mostly to straight audiences ... it's a one "man" show and the guys just cannot resist me when I wear this! They know I'm a guy ... but the compliments are OUTRAGEOUS (apparently there are pheromones in it!!) Most of them want to know how I get "it" so flat ... trade secret!!! I won't stop wearing this ... the attention I get is too addictive! I spray this 'til my finger aches ... but then again I am on stage!!!!

Hellokt
Hellokt

This one literally makes me ill. Unfortunately, I can still smell it in my memory...and that was years ago. I agree with the person who said this one is EVIL. Truly, the spawn of Satan...perhaps that finally explains the lovely red bottle?

glad57
glad57

love this fragrance! uniquely different , works very well on my skin, one of my top 5, i always get a rush. always get comps, even if i didn't it wouldn't matter to me. for those that don't like it it's ok, just not your flavor, i've found one of mine with this one (smile)

nikkic78
nikkic78

I started wearing Gucci Rush when I was a freshman in college and it is very much in line with that experience. It's a first time out the house on your own...feeling free and independent and fun loving type of scent. I loved how bright and out there but on me still warm it was. I did not like how ackward the bottle was.
I did not finish the bottle I bought. I did not wear it everyday and after it sat around a few years becoming more and more neglected, I ended up giving it to my sister who loved it.
Strangely enough when I was looking for a new scent recently, I tested all the fragrances I used to wear. I sprayed it and remembered how much I really loved the fruity spiciness of it. My husband who was my boyfriend back then remembered that it was something I used to wear immediately and definitely approved. If my money was unlimited I would buy another bottle just for his reaction.
Funny my other sister in horror begged me not to and said that it smelled like pennies!!!
It's a love or hate fragrance and definitely unique.

piapedersen
piapedersen

Though a lot of the reviews show that this perfume is both vulgar, too strong and way too cheap, I must say that it doesn't go unnoticed. Whenever I wear it - and it's not very often - the men around me seem to notice the scent and compliment me on it. Unfortunately, none of my favourite perfumes have the same effect. So - it's not my favourite... but I like to put it on from time to time ;O)

akats
akats

I don't like it. Yet, I have it as it was given to me as a gift. It seems that hasn't top, heart and base notes. It remains the same and strangely it has the same intense after 2 hours. Some may love it as it has power, character, longevity. Me, not.

derkargy
derkargy

I don't like this at all.It's really agrssive and arrogant,like a slap on your face.

jtd
jtd

There’s nothing I can add to the comments I’ve read about how this smells. Hairspray, lactones, patchouli, non-existent flowers, bubblegum, poppers. All true.

It’s the feeling, though. There’s not even an attempt to tether this thing to anything actually botanical. Natural and chemical are words I tend not to use, because what do they mean? Nature, as we use it discussing the environment, has no meaning whatsoever when you look at it. And what matter isn’t chemical? That said, Rush’s value is that it is unnatural and chemical. And altogether unapologetic. And all the better for it.

If this is a signature scent, I pity the people close to the wearer. This is definitively an occasional scent. It is loud, cruisy, intolerant and laughs incessantly. This is the Dionysus of perfume. It’s also monotonous, not in the sense of humdrum, but of hitting one note, and one note only, endlessly. There is very little evolution in time with this one, but why should it be otherwise? Who wants a party to end? All credit to Tania Sanchez for describing this as both large-scale outdoor art and intended for a night out. That’s the best characterization I can imagine for this baby. Ultimately, though, the night-on–the-town analogy gives with one hand and takes with the other. Yes, Rush is the life of the party. Absolutely. We’re all drawn to her when she arrives. But she’s also the sitter. The last one at the party, dancing drink-in-hand by herself while everyone else has left.

Wonderful.

Jasminehead

I think 'missmar' may have picked up on something. Possibly this 'plastic note' is coming from the container itself.... I dont believe that plastic is a suitible container for keeping perfume fresh... and possibly over the years.... it becomes even more groteskly sour !!

Good Call

Jasminehead

I want to love this, and for a spicey sweet candy it has so much potential. And I really never say that a perfume ''makes me sick'', however.... this perfume contains some note (not sure what it is) that absolutely reeks of sharp sour plasticky chemicals.. that litterally does make me sick! So sad, and I think the plastic bottle is very fitting for this very plastic scent -two thumbs down- and a ''YUCK''

elfremar
elfremar

I really dislike this fragrance a lot,and unfortunately my best friend uses it all the time.I have heard Gucci are stopping making it,and I certainly hope that is true.It reminds me of a cheap body spray or deodorant.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Gucci Rush...the hideous plastic container is perfect for it. One of those perfumes that makes me question the sanity of Luca Turin, whom I otherwise respect tremendously. If I ever OD on something, just spray this stuff & all will be purged...

cookieal
cookieal

this came as a birthday present, many years ago...
i was never able to put it on, since it smells SOOOOO bad to me!!!!
surpisingly bad!
reading all the enthousiastic reviews here, i m seriously thinking if mine turned..
smells to me like turned perfume from day one!
and maybe it really is!

if this is the actual smell of it, i just cant stand it..

EDIT:
i just gave it one more try, just to be fair..
NO WAY!
it hasnt turn. i m sure of it now.
it s the perfume
a slutty smell (in a bad way)

THAT PEACH IS SO CHEAP!!!!!!!

cheap and hideous, i just cant live with it.
i tried to wash it off with soap and water and it s still there!!! its EVIL!!!
(reminds me of elizabeth arden's red door)

OMG i m going to die in my sleep smelling this dreadfull smell!!!!!

KasiaS
KasiaS

missymary, I think it has a glass recipient inside, so the perfume is not stored in plastic.
I don't love the packaging either (neither hate it) and I agree this frag is really loud and synthetic in a way... But you know what? I actually like it a lot! It is unique. Remember Nanny Fran or Dolly Parton in 'From 9 to 17'? A missy, tacky person that is just great if you think about it. Or think Thelma from Thelma and Louise (I mean Geena Davis, right?). Or Pretty Woman before the metamorphose - maybe this is the best match. A lot in this perfume makes me like it intensely! My humble collection would be delighted to welcome it!
'Personality' is the word I was lacking, I guess :) Not so much of it nowadays, so it's really worth it to get acquainted with ones who manage to be more than just inoffensive crowd pleasers!

missymary
missymary

YIKES the dull red plastic "bottle" is horrible like something out of Woolworths when they sold Hong Kong trash toys. (BTW is plastic any good for storing perfume???) The perfume is a wierd. The nearest thing to a category is gourmand. There's a strong sweet marzipan syrupy scent. It's nothing remotely to do with chypre in any shape or form. If you are waiting for it to dry down nicely you will be disappointed, all you get is death by oily marzipan. Maybe a Christmas scent?

Lena S
Lena S

NOTE: MUST TRY!!! whether you like it or not, the experience will be unforgettable!

I have a funny story with Rush.
Once my dad bought it for my mom for birthday, and it became her favourite (very favourite!) perfume. She has always had good taste for perfumes, and her previous ones always made me admire. But this one was a real nightmare for me, I try to recede to another part of the house when my mom sprays Rush (and she likes to put on much, 4-5 sprays, you know! :)
But! As it is her favourite I never wanted to disappoint her by discovering my true attitude to Rush and just had to pretend that I like it.
It looks like I was convincing in my small comedy as finally I received Gucci Rush body lotion for my name day, lol... No comment.

P.S. If seriously, I spent years trying to understand the attraction of this perfume but no - I personally can't find anything beautiful or at least nice in Rush.
Guess it depends on your individual perception very much. Love or hate, as the phrase goes.
And it's obvious that Rush is extremely brave and outstanding so go ahead if you're interested in this.

Annelien1987

I hope they never discontinue this one, I'm madly in love.

Such an amazing perfume I just can't get the negative reviews. This is a nr 1 compliment getter. If you want to feel special and hot, wear this. I always feel special. The packaging is to die for, it's so original. I have the bodylotion too, but that's not as good as the perfume. In Belgium this isn't discontinued (yet), I will stock a huge bottle of this for later. Love this to pieces.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I am on the fence with this one. I dont hate it but I am not sure how I feel about it. I get a ton of peach on my skin with vanilla. It is not too sweet for me but I think the peach overload is almost too much for me. I have had it on for two + hours now and I still cant make up my mind. I will come back in an hour and see what happens.

Okay it has been a few more hours and the peach overload did disappear and I am left with a candy coated vanilla smell. It reminds me of those candies I ate during my childhood called "Smarties." I like this perfume after it has been on my skin for several hours but not in the beginning peach overload stage.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

This is the first fragrance I fell in love with and also my first "big" purchase. I remember loving the sweet scent behind this powerful fragrance. It's also a fragrance that you can recognize from a mile away and the women behind this one always seems to be the confident and sweet type. I recommend this one if your looking for something sweet but completely different!

jenka135
jenka135

I received many compliments when I wore this, but for me it was too overpowering a scent. For those who enjoy it, know that it has super-strong staying power--one spray goes a long, long way.

Very sweet, slightly synthetic. I can see where people think it's a sexy scent, but not my style. Has some notes in common with Jimmy Choo's new fragrance.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I think this is the expensive version of Oilily, only Oilily is sweeter and more delicate.

The Fragrant Zebra
The Fragrant Zebra

I've tried hard to find the sexy vibe in this fragrance, but all I get is a mass of synthetic notes that don't smell sexy at all. I guess it doesn't go with my chemistry, so I would recommend to smell it for yourself...obviously with so many positive reviews, it is worth a try. I wouldn't recommend a blind purchase, though !

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

My first serious boyfriend bought me this as a birthday gift back in 1999 when it was first released.
Try as I could, just couldn't warm to it. Way too overpowering for me and smelt synthetic. Prefer the Gucci Rush 2 in the pink container.. we'd broken up by then though!

Annelien1987

Where have I been????? Why haven't I noticed this perfume before?? Wonderful smell, heavenly sexy. My god this is a gorgeous perfume. Very special, very warm but not vanilla - warm. I'm tired of all the pure vanilla scents. This one is so unique. Got to love this.

ecerusen
ecerusen

only one word can explain this perfume : SEXY!

but unfortunately most of the woman think the same and this perfume is EVERYWHERE!

rose444
rose444

This is the most sexiest woman's fragrance in the world!!. It's unusual, sensual, edgy, dangerous and sexy all at the same time. I am addicted to it. Can anyone advise me on another scent which is like Gucci Rush?.

Alalu
Alalu

This ist one fragrances with winter mixture.similarly like winter candy.Nice for me:)

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

If you like the base notes of Miss Dior Cherie but hate wading through all the bright notes at the beginning, this might solve your problem.
I think it's the rose/patchouli/jasmine combo. To me it's a slightly waxier/darker/better Miss Dior Cherie dry-down. It has a similar synthetic quality to it. Far projection, good longevity.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is such a great fragrance, in terms of its scent, longevity, sillage and value.

I love the subtle mix of peaches with the sweetness of vanilla that comes through in the drydown, and the blend of floral notes is also beautiful.

Rush is truly a one of a kind fragrance and it up there with my all time favorites. I like to wear it on cold winter nights, as it's very comforting...the perfume equivalent of a cup of cocoa in front of a log fire.

On me Rush lasts for several hours without having to respray.

This fragrance is not for everyone though. It's a very sweet perfume so people who prefer their scents a little less sweet might not like this one.

I much prefer Rush to Rush 2 (which I don't like all that much.)

jaimex1979
jaimex1979

I love this one... As a man who feels 'women's perfumes' as way edgier and more creative, I find this one a masterpiece. If plastic flowers and plastic fruit had a smell (other than that of plastic), this would be it...

LouFrangrance
LouFrangrance

Lovee it its so great andd sexy, bue honestly i dont use it a lot

Anechka
Anechka

i find it warm and unique. love it!

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Today I received this fragrance as a birthday gift from my boyfriend, and I'm totally enthusiastic about it :)
Gucci Rush goes straight to your sense of smell with its feverish, weird, intimidating and sexy juice which is really hard to forget and not to notice: it never fails at leaving a trail of the woman who is wearing it because of its unique blend of sultry flowers and dry spices over a powdery vanilla and patchouli base.

A very detectable and synthetic peach note grabs my attention at the beginning, reminding me of the smell of plastic toys left on a sunny garden through the fresh cut grass: after a couple of minutes this plastic-herbal vibe leaves place to a softer and powdery vanilla layered with a warm mélange of gardenia and jasmine, providing the scent with a more adult and sensual feeling.
For sure this fragrance could be loud, powerful and kind of intoxicating when oversprayed (which is not necessarily bad!), but if applied with a light hand it is smoother than one could imagine by reading the description and the notes, almost milky-gourmand on my skin..
Rush has an exceptional sillage and a very good longevity for being an EDT: drydown is so innocent and warm one could hardly believe it comes from the same scent.

Without any doubts Gucci Rush, launched at the end of 90's, still represents the quintessence of modern perfumery: it aims to capture a metropolitan femininity with its synthetic (but really fitting) combination of intense white flowers constantly surrounded by a dusty peach-and-vanilla sweetness and a hint of herbal sourness.
I'm sure this fragrance is much more that I could describe here: I just love the way it melts with my skin and I also find the red squared bottle really, really cute.
Gucci Rush is definitely what I call "unique".

brusweet
brusweet

This fragrance scares me! I don't know how it`s possible for someone to wear it with the intetion of smelling good, it`s just horrible!

naominose
naominose

It's like eating a strawberry with black pepper sprinkled on it, with a touch of plastic baby-doll head.

I swore that the release date was a typo because it seems like I had this perfume way earlier than '99. Maybe I'm just associating it with those fast and furious art school alterna-girl days of yore.

orchid_84
orchid_84

People are calling this a love it or hate it fragrance, but I am right in the middle. I like it, but it doesn't really wow me. It is, however, an odd fragrance. What stands out to me most is the peach. It's definitely not a natural-smelling peach. It's kind of like plastic-peach and florals. I don't think that's a bad thing in this perfume though - it seems intentional (rather than a cheap-synthetic scent). It has an odd sort of "stale" note in the top and mid notes.

On me I would say it's a bit punchy and fruity in the beginning, but it dries down to a really mild, soft peach scent. It smells a bit like clothes that have just come out of the drier. Not offensive or loud in any way. It's sort of interesting, I like it...but I don't feel any great need to add this to my collection.

I hate to say it, but I absolutely despise the bottle. Apparently it is supposed to look like a video tape...but it doesn't hold any visual appeal for me.

mishykissy
mishykissy

Yum yum yum. Want to smell good enough to eat? It smells good from the get go. A good balance of fruity and floral. Too strong for you? Use rush 2. I use original in colder months and 2 in warmer weather. Boys find it intoxicating.
Update, omg I went to a work event and I swear every second girl I came across was wearing it! I'm sorry to say I'm sadly abandoning it....

LittleRed
LittleRed

I am hopelessly in lust with Gucci Rush. It really stands apart from other fragrances. It is not trying to be something else.

The candy powder and flowers melt together and pack the first punch. They then give way to the hazy patchouli to create a sugary, spicy drydown.

It is totally carnal and provocative - no soft innocence here. Spicy, sensual, hot and ready, daring, unique, in-your-face, unapologetic.
You will either be completely, utterly taken...or not, and it is worth finding out!

ujhb
ujhb

I loved this perfume when I had it...Somewhat in the same scent field as Chance by Chanel in that it's not sweet but there's a powdery, musky, woodsy scent. It is heavily saturated with it's ingredients, so one spritz on a "hot spot" (back of neck) is enough to carry it all day long.

omneya.iskander

with this perfume you will find yourself either love it too much or dislike too much. nothing in between.

I love it , it's more than great, I kept buying one after one till I decided to try Addict.

but I still fell in love with this perfume every time I wear it.

larisa18
larisa18

great perfume! i love it

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

Nice but has a too heavy base make it a little bet classic and woody but i like it

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Gucci Rush is a brilliant addition to an elegant suit or a fancy cocktail dress.
It is very feminine but to me, it smells identical to my other favourite - Badgley & Mischka, the only difference is that B&M has better silage and longetivity.
Very much sophisticated Chypre fruity for a special occasion or formal meeting.
I cannot detect notes on their own. The fragrance will, no doubt, be a head turner if you wear it on a winter day.

Antigone
Antigone

It is "depends on mood" scent, one day you admire it the other - it causes you headache. Futuristic, unique, long lasting, for the occasions you want to be noticed.

b_camelia
b_camelia

This is a love-hate scent. I happened to be in the hate team. :) Just too much for me. Too artificial smelling, plasticky and kitsch. The peach note was so much over the top that it pretty much drowned everything else. This is not a subtle perfume. This is a perfume for a night in the club, made to overwhelm any other smells at least 50 feet around :)

Had to give it away to a girl who was head over heels in love with it. As I said, love or hate :)

alexanna7
alexanna7

remember when you were little and it was xmas and every body had their fur coat , they were all on the bed...and you went on it to smell and feel the fur? The fur coat were smelling chic and marvellous! Gucci rush made me think of that! Chic,fur,cosy,comforting perfume.peach,jasmine,vanilla.the patchouli is important in this fragrance but mixed with that jasmine,peach,vanilla,it completes all of those notes! it's so chic and class! Only a chic woman can wear this one! It's a master piece of chicness! Now, we wear fake fur but still can wear gucci with our fake fur! Love it!

FunnyValentine
FunnyValentine

it smells so cheap that i couldn't stand it. i had to wash it off.

Gigifst
Gigifst

This is unique...love it.

Very very long lasting.

Rush is good, if you like plastic peaches, shrinkwrapped jasmine and hairspray. A very loud pop scent for silly robot-girls on extasy. You spray it in Rome they smell it in New York. Amazing, but not my type.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this might soon replace one of my top five....this is a masterpiece
unusual, avant garde, stunning
green peach, coriander, steamed rice and a milk note...
this reminds me of le feu d'issey light,
which, to be honest, is another masterpiece

mediterranean
mediterranean

The first time I smelt this one I thought it was like being in a petrol station filling the tank for too long. BUT, something there kept me revisiting it. One day I put a piece of paper generously sprayed in my bag and for days I enjoyed the wonderful smell coming out every time I opened the bag. It is not something I would wear regurlarly but certainly it attracts attention. I have been reading the reviews here and people seem to love or hate it nothing in between.Well finally I bought a 30ml. bottle, and guess what? I just love it. Well I am a late bloomer after all!

jaa456

Hello old friend. I can't begin to tell you how many bottles of this I went through while painting Manhattan red! This was my signature fragrance and it still reminds me of all the fun I had and all the trouble I got into wearing it.

There is a plastic note to it, but I always enjoyed that. Made be feel like a barbie doll.

cowgirl64505@yahoo.com

This is my favorite perfume, and i always get lots of compliments, especially from my lovers! It is very intense, while being sweet and spicy. This is definitely an evening fragrance.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Very sweet and powedery. Not for me. The dry down is similar to Gucci Flora.

elixir
elixir

Plain and simply put, this reminded me of those marble sized bath oil beads circa 1968. The only thing i can appreciate, maybe, is the packaging.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Aaahh.. I guess, Rush is that fragrance responsible for the mass market break of deadly sweet perfumes. Icky. Plastic. So so so fake. I like sweet, but this is so... How to put it... Imagine a girl who is trying too much to be sexy but look innocent at the same time, with fake blonde hair, fake tan, wearing too tight clothes -usually pink and leopard print, platform heels, speaking like a child in an overly sweet voice... You got the idea. If you smell Rush in someone's wind, just a little, then it's nice. But a little closer... Yuck. I can't imagine how people can stand to wear it, must be hurtful for their olfactory nerves.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

This is so unapologetic about being synthetic. It really helps me to appreciate the new art style of bottle. this little red bricks contents surely do change when it comes to individual chemistry.
With me the spicy, creamy.. or any notes with warmth are lost. I get a completely cool toned unnatural variance of notes from Rush.
Something happens on me when the patchouli, jasmine, and sweet, sweet rose/peach comes together. The effect somehow turns cold and plastic. Like these notes are wrapped in saran wrap and placed atop a stainless steel table. The effect does not put me off, it is the most interesting take on such a sweet perfume I have smelled. The top does emphasize a little more notes like the freesia, It has a very long phase that remains unchanging on me and brings a edgy scent trail where ever I go. Not sure that Rush suits me, but I do like the idea of it.

arianperfume
arianperfume

I love this one. It is a bittery combination of flowers(gardenia, jasmine predominant to my nose), wood, and peach. Lactonic and drop dead sexy. I would never call this sweet:) Perfect for a chilly winter and without the excessive vanilla that seems to predominate in all specific winter perfumes(allthough it has, but just the right amount). Try it, I mean really try it not just smell a strip after you've smelled tons of fumes before. Wear it for a couple of days, one spritz is enough.
I am beginning to get tired of all these offensive reviews by people who never ever wore the perfume on THEMSELVES or don't test it properly. The difference between a piece of paper and human skin is enormous. And of course if you over spray smells annoying, this is potent stuff, this is no ''eau de fleurs something...''
And the bottle suites the fragrance perfectly, ugly??? No way,..., if it doesn't have flowers and other girlie stuff does not mean it is not beautiful, it is INTERESTING!!
The sillage and lasting power are awesome, more than 12 hours...., I love how this is evolving all the time.
MASTERPIECE

marcela86
marcela86

After you spray this on skin it's really annoying, strange, pungent,intoxicating just like a poison. After few minutes become almost nice thanks too african freesia, but the spices are still there, very strong and overwelming. It's a really woody plastic smell, like someone says! It reminds me of Lancome Magnifique, but Magnifique it's better!

Lilski
Lilski

Ah, this scent reminds me of being a student, my fiend brought me some back from holiday, it's citrusy, yet powdery, I'd probably never buy it now, but it reminds me of happy times.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This fragrance starts off with a minty type of scent and later turns into fruit punch overly sweetness. I normally like sweet scents but this one just turned me off.

And what's up with the perfume "bottle"? It looks more like a perfume box.

princesshegab
princesshegab

My mother's fragrance when she was a young woman. I remember smelling this on her and seeing the bottle on the vantiy. I loved it. I love this smell I can't wait to purchase it for myself, it smells so gorgeous and CLASSY.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Fumey,synthetic smell of "hot" turning eventually to sexy plastic...and then finally, in its last incarnation-the softest, most creamy peach with just the slightest hint of powdery spice in the background. Oh, my gosh, I'll never stop loving Rush. Such an original. No other quite like it. A head turner. Hot sex in a bottle.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

I love it, one of the best ever and always gets a lot of approval. Always have to keep a bottle as standby.

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

i have been dying to get this to work on my skin for a while now. the reviews fascinate me, and i love coriander. and yet...

every time i've tried it, i get maybe a bit of peach in the opening, and then a hefty dose of bright, spicy coriander... and then it abruptly fades into something muddy - vetiver mixed weirdly with florals, must be the jasmine?

this muddy vetiver-coriander lingers for a bit but it never screams on me... if it says anything, it's more "what AM i?"

the more i try it, the more i can see its appeal... but the sillage and lasting power are negligible on me? is it just my nose, am i oddly blind to the scent? i swear, the very first time i tried it i couldn't detect it at all after 20 minutes. i've heard some people say that this is the mark of something blending with your chemistry, but i'm not convinced. besides, i like to be able to pick up on a fragrance after putting it on.... 80% of the reason i wear perfume is for my own entertainment, so something i can't even smell (but other people can smell on me?) isn't particularly appealing.....

i will keep trying and run the fragrance on my skin past some friends... it's too (apparently) distinctive for me to just pass up... we shall see, it may work out yet between Gucci Rush and i. i really WANT it to.

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

I think ojosverdes's review sums it up for me. its very woodsy and sensual, I love it! its the first thing I experience when I smell it :)

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

This was purchased for me by a female-friend, who really liked it herself. I gifted it back a few days later. This is one of the perfumes that causes instant retching on my part: cloying, smothering, migraine-inducing, burnt-plastic, insect-repellent, fecal/civet-heavy, with bitter notes of pinesol.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This was the first perfume I bought for myself. I really liked it, finished the first bottle and bought my self another one! It is sweet woody and sensuous. I wore it on my wedding day as well. I grew tired of it and that's where my addiction to fragrances started. It's very long lasting, its not loud but it gets noticed!

perfume_junkie
perfume_junkie

Ok, this is a good perfume! When it first came out I had a sample in Vogue I think..rubbed it on my wrist and instantly decided I had to have it, but bcs I was on my first job and did not have much money I went and bought the 30 ml bottle from the Gucci shop in Aruba..it will allways be special for me, brings back very nice memories..and one more thing, when I went back to work, my boss stopped me and told me " I don't know what you're wearing, but I will give you the money and pls go and buy me 2 bottles of this"..:))

dovey
dovey

sweet yet powdery....it makes u feel peacful & calm when u wear it
I like the video tape like bottle ...it makes it sooo unique

romrom
romrom

I don't know why, but to me this smells like something you take when you got a really bad cold.

txlavender
txlavender

I received this as a gift. On my skin, it's a sickeningly sweet trainwreck of a dozen different notes, and I'm certain I'm about to suffocate. But if I spray it in the air (no skin contact!) I enjoy the complexity and layers. In fact, I've resorted to using my bottle as a bedroom linen spritzer since I can't actiually wear it.

J'espere
J'espere

Tested this one just the other day , all I can say is that I felt as though I was sitting in some medieval stocks in a town square , and the peasants were throwing overripe fruit at me !
Very 'fizzy' too , a bit like opening a bottle of mixed berry fruit juice and adding several litres of over sweet lemonade .
It is very girly , and if the colour pink had a smell , this would be it ..definitely not one for this 'geriatric rock chick' as my OH (jokingly I hope) calls me ! :)

hiraeth
hiraeth

Smells fresh and flowery on me, not a hint of soapy, powdery or plastic smell. Love it... Makes you feel like a lady...

perfumegirl
perfumegirl

i was bought this perfume as a gift from duty free whilst a relative was abroad unfortunatley i didnt like it a very synthetic rubbery plastic scent no real pazzazz in this one not a scent that matches well with me i dint like the packaging the box was ugly looking so not one id buy for myself or anything !

poison
poison

Rush should be called the chypre rubber perfume.......Kidding! I've been smelling Rush for so many years now but I still can't decide whether I like it or I don't. One thing I’m sure about, it is a strikingly good perfume that matches so well with the name. But the bottle, oh the bottle is so stupid. Anyway, in my family there were two women who used to wear it and one of them still does.

The top notes of Rush are a bit chemical just like the rest of the notes. Even though I love chypre perfumes, this one smells so synthetic. Neither delicate nor soft, Gucci Rush can easily transpose me into a rubber world.

Do you know how a gym room smells? When I was a small brat I used to go to the gym with my dad, and there after exercises I used to lay down on the rubber carpet......Rush smells like that gym room from my childhood, like rubber and iron.

The fact is that the perfumer who created this scent really did a great job, because perfumes don't have to smell all as pleasant things, isn't it? And this smells is something very original and very striking. And many a time just creating a shocking scent, is more than enough to win the jackpot.

I just don't understand why did they pick out that ugly bottle, I just can't even call it a bottle....A huge dilemma. And maybe I'm wrong but I smell a bit of Geranium here...maybe yes maybe no...

Finally, even though the bottle is so ugly, it fits very well the liquid inside, and the name as well which is a huge compliment for Rush if it is coming from me.
Bye!

Ouch!
Ouch!

First of all....can I just say this is probably the most un-attractive flacons I've ever seen. It's intruiging but...so ugly!

As for the juice inside, I'm in two minds about it. It starts out fruity, the peach is very dominant and gives this scent such a dusky quality in the background, it's like dry peach pot pourri, and wood shavings. Which is what turns me off.

It also smells slightly plasticy and strange. Paired together with Gardenia and Coriander...this scent is fruity..but bizzare in my opinion.

It does last for a really really long time though, and..the opening notes are kinda pleasant (Apart from that weird dry woody peach).

Not something I would buy..it's only 50/50 for me.

the perfume collector
the perfume collector

the fragrance is very special, girlie and sexy, its one of the best

judeaqua
judeaqua

I had to try this one out since I believe that the ones with character are the ones that attract more criticism, as compared to the non-descript fragrances which everybody terms as 'safe' and i translate safe as boring & headache... and must admit I love Rush. its unique and not boring! fruity, floral, one of the sexiest fumes, like the colour of its container. its memorable as i remembered it well even after the 1st time i tried it. i don't get any plastic in it, the chypre element helps in making it a special scent that can be worn by someone sexy, brave, outspoken, independant, yet warm & attractive.

I must be blessed by the Perfume Gods, because I found this at TJ's marked down to $14.99 for a 50 ml EDT! Knowing the mens was discontinued, (and fetches a very high price on-line) I snapped this baby up and gave it to my Mom-she was tickled to death...we both adore it and still cannot figure out why either of these was discontinued?!

It begins with a sweet peachy punch alongside gardenia's creamy floralcy and freesia's powdery silkeness, creating something soft, succulent, and creamy-dry. Simply gorgeous...The heart pulses with rose (a nice one at that)and jasmine blend that is very sexy and very feminine, but the addition of corriander and its soft herbiness keeps it from being too intensly floral or gauche. The dark earthy finish of patchouli (rich), vetiver(dry and clean)and vanilla (sweet and sexy)gives GR a very aloof mystique and has me just about ready to start drooling! This is indeed a 'rush' as it sweeps you up and spins you around, surrounding you sensually and then before going on its way, leaves a lovely magical memory in its wake, so haunting! My only regret about RUSH is never owning the men's version...

Sillage: great
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

A simply amazing women's scent, it has flowers, and fruit but is NOT an overly fruity floral. Herbs and roots but is not too pungent or even anywhere near "dirty", and finishes with an oh so divine exotic earthiness that makes you ache for more...Wow! Scrumptuously sexy and darkly different while being utterly feminine-you go, Gucci!!

kirinazhar
kirinazhar

My signature smell actually - have been a fan for more than 7 years and have a huge collection! This is spicy, sexy and compliments I received are from women who said they smelt sexy and men who said it was a very sexual smell, like a come-hither. Love love love!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Oh Gucci Rush.... like the year 2000 in a bottle. This perfume was so popular among college age girls. It's unique and interesting. I always thought the plastic bottle looked cheap for the price you paid. I preferred Rush 2.

nova6
nova6

One of the worst smells this side of the continent...sorry but it makes me gag! my daughter talked me into purchasing it. good this it was only 20 dollars...i gave it to her and she loves it but i don't want her wearing it around me...

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I too, was not prepared for this. Not prepared for how awful this smelled on me :/

I had all intentions on buying this baby unsniffed. I mean, it's GUCCI for 1, and for 2, reading all the notes and the reviews I just new I would love it. So I trotted myself down to a beauty store in a moment of boredom and tried this out.

Upon spraying I smelled spicy peppery scent. Not my thing, but, I knew not to judge a 'fume by it's initial spray. It then dried down to a peppery bug spray scent that was laddered wit peanut butter. Yes, peanut butter.

All I can say is do not buy this baby unsniffed! Go and get a free sample!

Wombat
Wombat

The first thing I noticed was bug spray notes! Then they dissipated and Rush became one of the freshest, loveliest scents I've ever smelled! (I think maybe what I thought was bug spray might have been the peach which could have been added to the bug spray.) I sprayed it over and over throughout the day because I just love it! It smells like a great everyday scent to me and suitable for an office or a night out. Even though it smells fresh and light, it doesn't have any green notes. It's really delightful and unusual!

narcotic
narcotic

I was NOT prepared for how good this is. Wow.

I loved the bottle far before I ever smelt Gucci Rush, not realizing how appropriately it matches the scent. It's a modernist-looking bright red VCR tape, making no apologies for its inherent artificiality... You have to wear this loud to wear it right!

Rush is unapologetically synthetic; there's a strong plastic-y spicy note that's part dusty industrial floor, part new car smell. But in this case, the floor's populated with beautiful clubgoers and the car is a 1987 Buick Grand National with a black paint coat and a thin red racing stripe. Just like nature intended.

If that wasn't enough, underneath all that delightfully confusing stuff is a blood-thumping base note of chypre-wood that anchors it all together. Incidentally, it's also pure sex. A true original.

Puma
Puma

Sorry to say, but it really doesn't work with me. It's too sweet, too warm. It makes me feel headache!

blissd
blissd

I'm glad I followed my instincts to purchase this delightful fragrance! I blindly bought the 2.5 oz bottle unsniffed and was so glad that I did.

I would describe Rush as a dreamy, soft, rounded and enticing fragrance.

I'm happy to have bought this but I wouldn't buy it again.

zaramona
zaramona

What a wonderful sweet yammy scent.So fresh n young,playful and juicy.Its light yet longlasting,easy to wear at f/s/w ,not a very smart choice for summer.The only weak point imo is the plastic cheap bottle but on the other hand its easy to carry in your purse.All time modern fragrance.

julianne35
julianne35

very feminine and sexy!

Holmar
Holmar

I love this sexy scent...just not the bottle it is housed in. I prefer a bottle where you can actually see when you are almost empty...so you can Rush out and buy more.
I wear Rush mostly in the Fall/Winter months, and I like it for evening/special occasions.
I wore this on a trip to Punta Cana ...had many compliments ...the men there were telling me that my fragrance was beautiful.
This is a very long lasting EDT...my scarves,and clothing smell so good even days later.

luxusbette
luxusbette

smells like soda! :)
I wear this perfume the rest of my life!
- that's how much I love it

nyoka

Opens with a burst of fragrant real tropical flowers.Like a beautiful flower garden in Hawaii.I love the gardenia and jasmine together.The dry down of vanilla,intensifies the aroma of the flowers.it has a slight fruity scent which i love.Its not overpowering.Really sexy and made for a woman!Day or night,u will get noticed.

Richnata
Richnata

I liked it when I was smelling it from the bottle. However it opened differently on my skin than I expected it.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This is a true guilty pleasure for me - a real good time fragrance, perfect for a girls night out of cocktails, karaoke and dancing! The flowers are a fantastic uplifting opening and the drydown patchouli lasts forever on me. BUT - the cheap looking, opaque plastic packaging is downright fugly and very clumsy to use!

narcozia
narcozia

For me, this is one of the most perfect perfumes ever made! It's my signature scent! I've been able to wear this one every single day for six months without growing tired of it. Unfortunately, I ran out of it, but I'm planning to buy it again and again, probably until the end of my life :D It has all the notes I love: freesia, gardenia, peach, vanilla, rose, jasmine... and I can distinguish them all! It is simply gorgeus, all respect for Michel Almairac :) He must be my favorite nose, I simply adore all the perfumes he ever designed!

golden
golden

I have recently purchased this one after reading all the reviews. I am not disappointed at all. It has lived up to the positive feedback it received.
To me it is fresh, yet warm a young playful contemporary perfume. I will use for evening wear, as i feel this one makes a statement, in a good way.

Rouu
Rouu

one of all time best fragrances for women..!! its WOMEN not gurls i cant imagine ayoung gurl wear Gucci Rush !!

its amazing,warm,sexy,catching eyes and likable..
very great scent i adore the sharp opening note .. then um in luve with the heart and base note!1 how sweet,warm,feminine that scent!!

very great at night.. it just make me special even if um having normal dinner at home

its UNIQUE and i cant imagine other scent like Gucci Rush with that strange bottle and marvelous sillage !!

sexy scent for a sexy lady !!

i luve it

fashionistabelle09
fashionistabelle09

one of my fav perfumes! very modern and sexy... great for office and night outs!

kittymoon
kittymoon

What were they thinking? I know!

"What can we do with this biochemical waste scent we've got left over from all failed perfume-creations of the last decade?"

"Rush, rush! Let's get rid of it!"

And so they quickly filled it into this ugly neon-red plastic container that was meant to hold cheap peppermint-sweets and sold it as THE NEW perfume.

Annah7
Annah7

I feel captivated by its uniqueness. It is so amazing! Sexy, feminine and different that most of the fragrances I have. I just would love it to have a nice glass red bottle instead of this cheaply looking plastic. I could never imagine that this kind of plastic bottle might contain something so special! I love wearing it during the day too!

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

Had this one ages ago; an interesting touch of peach that is quickly swallowed in a hurricane of greens, white flowers and some rose, which has character.

This perfume was good and later I got Gucci Rush2, which was different but just as cheeky. ^_^

Scent 6/10

Staying Power 5/10

nyoka

i love gucci rush.it doesnt smell like plastic,or,melted lipstick.it opens with blooms of beautiful,snow white dew kissed gardenia.this slowly changes into a fragrant jasmine vine,curling in and arround ur senses.after a long,long while,i begin to smell the sweet vanilla.makes my mouth water.others will always b aware of it as well as you.inexpensive and long lasting.plus,,,a beautiful scent.everything rolled into one.

bloodflower
bloodflower

i must admit it is a very clever bottle,it isn't usual and it catches the eyes because of the color, that bottle hypnotized me years ago and stepped directly near it and sprayed it on my wrist, on the first sniff it was like a slap on the face, what was that? my nose almost was hurting from this sharp intense top notes i can't believe there are flowers which smell so artificial, may be plastic flowers left on the sun and melted from the heat then peach juice was spilled over them, after that first disappointment i waited a little to see the middle notes and again that annoying artificial smell was there, it is no rose and no jasmine,in the base notes all i could feel was vetiver, no patchouli no vanilla. i have tried this perfume many times because many women love it so much but for me it doesn't work, i admit that it is very different and recognizable, but not for me.

Vânia
Vânia

I hate the look of this perfume, that red plastic box is simply horrible!!!!

Gucci can do much better than that... it doesn t appeal to me at all, all i can thing is plastic plastic plastic!!!

jah
jah

seductive

celina
celina

This is a sexy scent. Floral, fruity with an earthy vanillic dry down. Very feminine, easy going with an unforgettable personality... It isn't a day perfume thou.

I can understand the bad reviews. It is not very sophisticated or intriguing but it is sexy. From my experience I didn't find a woman ...or a man that didn't notice it... and liked it.

I know the skin PH can influence the smell of this fume. I have a friend that loves it, however it smells so different on her...I can't believe it is the same fragrance. So, maybe it is not us choosing this fragrance...maybe the perfume is peculiar and doesn't like everybody.

Even if you love it, even if you hate it... this is an unforgettable fragrance. Just a question of taste.

You should give it a chance, you might love IT. Actually, IT might love you. :)

In my books is 7.9/10

LenaBel
LenaBel

Patchoulli bomb!!! It suffocates.
I remember when my brother bought his female colleague another perfume for birthday so that she could wear it instead of Gucci Rush in the office. He just couldnt stand Gucci Rush which she wore everyday to the office and her desk was close to his.
I cant understand at all how it is possible to wear it during the daytime.

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

indeed , smells like the cheap plastic it contains , with tacky super-annoying faintly rose cheese powder ,,,, super-synthetic & Never natural.

Aysu
Aysu

This is very edgy, shocking and surprising scent. In it, I found some characteristics of Moschino scents, they are also very different, far from crowd like Rush. What surprises me in this scent is, being not able to describe what I sniff, I cannot identify any of the notes listed above, but overall, I love what I smell. I remember sniffing it 10 years ago in a mall, at the first moment I spritzed on my skin, I decided to buy it, you don't have to wait for it to develop on your skin, it captures you at the first moment.

Bizarre is the first word that comes to mind when describing Gucci Rush.

I'm actually quite familiar with this fragrance, my childhood dance teacher used to wear it as her signature. To me, Rush conjures up memories from the past. It's the smell of lipstick, hairspray, various cosmetics and hair curlers.

Thank you to Coco76 for reminding me that Gucci Rush smells wonderful on smokers. The smokey tobacco tends to blend wonderfully with the plasticky, peachiness that is Gucci Rush.

However, without the tobacco, this fragrance is a nightmare. Oddly enough I find that if I continue to smell Rush I start liking it as my nose becomes accustomed to its unique smell, however if I leave it for 30 minutes and then go back to it, I'm back to disliking the scent.

It's either a love it or hate it. I personally dislike the tackyness of the packaging and the cheapness of the fragrance itself. I'm usually pretty open-minded with unique fragrances, but in this particular case I am not.

This is what I'd describe as being the smell of melted lipstick meets tomato sauce. Odd, loud and nauseating, it seems to last a lifetime on my skin. Even harsh scrubbing can't kill this fragrance or help regain my sense of smell.

chemicalideas
chemicalideas

My boyfriend got me this for Christmas and although it's not usually the type I wear I relished the change as this is so unique and sexy. Makes me feel pretty glamorous while I'm wearing it.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

A mad, sexy fragrance which is true to it's name. I wore this as my signature scent for a few years until my best friend started wearing it too- is there anything more annoying?

andrew85
andrew85

opulent, sexy, sexual, sofisticade, for a real confident woman who like to seduce.. for a pretty woman...

My initial impression of GUCCI RUSH was of an oriental vanilla perfume. Completely innocuous and likeable. The patchouli creeps in slowly and does not seem too loud at all to me (as some reviewers have complained...). But perhaps my patchouli receptors have been permanently paralyzed by ANGEL.

In any case, I am surprised by the polarized reviews of this frag. This is another one of those great debate scents that inspires equal parts adulation and abhorrence. Somehow I fall in between on this one. GUCCI RUSH seems pleasant and wearable, if not particularly memorable, to me.

I can see that it might overwhelm with overapplication, but the solution to that problem is to follow this simple prescription: Apply half as much as you did the first time. If it's still too overwhelming, cut it in half again... ad infinitum. I realize that at the end of the series some will find--with their true fragrance betes noires--that the amount they are able to apply is immeasurably small...

Ivy
Ivy

I had this perfume about 10 years ago. Whenever I wore it to my job (I worked retail) I would always get compliments from ladies. Even 8 hrs into my shift people could still smell it. I was always afraid it was too strong, even one spray, but everyone seemed to like it.

I now have a bottle of Miss Dior Cherie and I think it smells a lot like Rush.

NatWeb
NatWeb

The best frangrance ever created. I cannot believe there are people who dislike it and was surprised after reading some of the reviews below. Admittedly Rush is a loud party guest; it's a vibrant and exciting perfume that smells like absolutely nothing else on the market. I have worn this since it was released in 1999 but with two caveats - only in the evening and only for big nights out. Consequently it now smells like a "good time" to me whenever I catch a whiff. I have smelled this on other people in the day and it jarrs slightly, Rush is for the evening only I think. But still, 10 years on it smells just as good.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Seems like this is one of those love/ hate fragrances, and I happen to like it. I wore it when it first came out, and I always made sure to apply it with a light hand because I'd noticed a lot of reviews from people who could not tolerate it. Despite this fact, I received a lot of compliments while wearing it. I think Rush is a vibrant, sexy, unique and delicious mixture of peach, gardenia, patchouli and vanilla. Very pretty! It seems hard to find these days, but I still get occasional whiffs from strangers, mostly at bookstores (wonder why). Clive Christian has a scent called X that smells very similar to Rush, which I also enjoy.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

This is hands down my favorite fragrance but it is kind of hard to find right now. I love it so much I only use mine if im in a super good mood or if its a special occasion.

lucifera
lucifera

haha my mum wants this for christmas well she can have it, not my cup of thea though
the notes look nice and i thought this would be a nice blend but nooo when it was new i didnt like it and even now dislike rush...must be the coriander that blew it, this could be a nice frag without it

sexyblondeangel88
sexyblondeangel88

It smells sexy ! My partner loves it. I love this fragance.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Wow. On my skin, this was the olfactory equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. The notes seemed like they'd do just fine on me, but this scent was beyond-abrasive and a very negative experience for me. Rarely am I horrified by a fragrance. Offended...yes, but horrified? A few hours passed before I was able to get to a sink where I could (try) to wash it off. It stays put, that's for sure, and it's very loud. I kept wondering, what is this *supposed* to smell like?

Persephone
Persephone

This is my first perfume, which was given to me by my first man. He would always envision me as a lady in red and I guess this is why I got this red bottle. For me this perfume is the embodiment of a modern Muscovite, a controversial portrait: she's smart, but she's very well aware that brains come second for men, she's sexy but she knows that "sexy" without brains in not enough, she's fiercely independent and makes good money, but she had a rich lover to set up a business for her so she can stand on her own feet and move forward (my beloved Coco Chanel would not exist on the fashion history map if not for her rich lovers who gave her huge extensive loans for her fist atelier and paid her rent, but who knows about that now?), she lives out a glamorous and somewhat superficial lifestyle in the fast lane but she would slow down to spend a couple of hours at the bookstore, be it Radzintskyi or Camus, she can be loud and rude and the epitome of a lady at the same time. She wears Gucci Rush. I think this perfume is often misunderstood. Poor Rush, you're too rich, too bourgeoisie to have fine class. But who said aristocrats rule the world these days? Don't put on too much otherwise it will smell plastic - just like the bottle itself. It is really worth for it's warm lactonic drydown. Instantly recognizable, sometimes not in a good way, just like the red passport - when immigration officers see it, they turn their noses. An overdose of it will most likely ruin someone's day. I don't think that the bottle is ugly - it actually describes this fragrance very well - it's modern, odd, red and square! No, it's not a fine fragrance by all means, but it is still terrific.

krishka
krishka

Sexy,georgeous, powerfull and loud perfume!
For a daring woman that likes to stand out of the crowd and be different!

midhav
midhav

This is the one fragrance i hate and can not stand for even a minute. The package is also awful, does not make me feel that it´s something that i want to ad to my collection at all. it´s to strong for my nose and i can not wash it off quick enough.
Thumbs down for this one from me!
Try before you buy...

raverdudes
raverdudes

The first whiff of Rush when it comes out of the bottle is a chemical siren that has accurately been described as “hairspray,” and it manages to shock even a decade after its debut. The genius of Rush is that this hairspray note recedes but never disappears, and its presence in the background works like an electric current to animate the fruity floral accord at the scent’s heart.

Complex development is not Rush’s strong suit. It says one thing, and it says it very loudly. Granted, the utterance in question is not profound, but it is amusing. When, after a few hours, Rush finally quiets down, what remains is a soft vanilla drydown with a hint of rose and wood. I think of Rush as good, goofy fun, but it has a habit of getting into people’s faces, which means it should be worn with caution and in circumstances where its gaudy hilarity will not offend.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

The fragrance you will never mix up. I can't say that I like it too much (on me it sounds like powder plum and I don't like plum). But for mass market scents it's outstanding, I respect it. One of a scents that I can call marks and individualities. Yes, it's long lasting and it sounds not only near skin, but around you. It can be your visiting card.
I recommend it as a sign scent, and for evening wearing. You should test it before buy. I do not recommend it for young girls.

clairdelune
clairdelune

This is a big, fat Manolo Blahnik wearing, Mercedes S-series driving, "get the (you know what) outta my way cuz I'm more glamorous, more fabulous and far richer than you!" fragrance.
This was yet another of my impulsive, after-work TJMaxx buys and I had no idea what I was in for when I got my little 1 oz. plastic tape cartridge of Italian Jaegermeister perfume. I don't mean it smells like Jaeger...or does it? What I mean is, Rush lacks all attempts at subtlety, much like Jaegermeister.
One spritz of Rush and you're seriously perfumed with some potent stuff for a good 12 hours. One shot of Jaeger and you're--or I should say I, better not drive for at least 3!
Rush is a hit-you-over-the-head, look at me now--NOW(!) scent. It's so big, so powerful, that if you don't know what you're doing, this could be lethal for you and everyone around you. Use with extreme caution!

ParfumOui
ParfumOui

One of my all-time worst perfume experiences ever! This perfume made me sneeze non-stop and gave me a stuffy nose. I thought the packaging alone was some new kind of ugly but the ugly beast of a fragrance contained within was much worse.

carol.octa
carol.octa

It´s one of my favorites perfume ever!
This scent is very unique and different from everything. It was one of my first perfumes and I simply love this one! Rush makes me feel sexy, without being overpowering. A must have for all perfume lovers!!

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

When I discovered Rush I was at a stage when I couldn't stand anything else than fresh frags. I was in shock when I realised I love this sickingly sweet perfume! :) I use it as a signature fragrance but not all the time. I always come back to it!I wish they would change that hideous recipient, ugly and difficult to use! But the perfume is heavenly!!!

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

I just dun like it..understand it has a very special smell. But I need more oxygen and soemthing airy haha

enigmatict
enigmatict

Very exotic and unique, perfect for summer. One spray is enough!

xmarie
xmarie

Too plastic, too sweet!!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Hmmm.....this doesn't work well on me. A lot of sweet, plastic-wrapped peach with the volume turned way up.

I was hoping for a lovely vanilla-peach that was creamy & luxurious like the Original Burberry....but was disappointed to find a synthetic, pilled-up equivalent. Too loud, too sweet, too intense, too fake.

On the plus side - great staying power & on a tester strip I find it much more pleasant, although still a bit cold & dull.

falovalo
falovalo

Eeeeek! Plastic and patchouli. Doesn't sound very tantalizing, does it? That's because it's not. It's loud, harsh and it does smell like Scotch tape (glued tape).

guynspfld
guynspfld

I do not understand it....When you look at what is in it I would think I would like it, but when you smell it; it is so horrible. Like formaldehyde. NASTY

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

addictive,strong,elegant,feminine,sexy!a perfume with personality...You will get noticed if you wear it!definetely!(you'll get compliments even by women)ideal for a date on a winter's night!only dissapointement;the scent is ruined after a while ...i notice that in every gucci rush i have after 3-4 months or so...xo xo!

TashaRose
TashaRose

This is such a unique and vibrant perfume; I absolutely love this fragrance. It is very strong and needs to me worn in very scant amounts, but on the right person this is a sexy, warm, sweet smell with an underlying exotic, spicy appeal. I wore it for a while before bouncing onto my next scent, but reviewing it on here has made me consider purchasing another bottle. I love intense it is and don't find it to be obnoxious at all. I can see how some find it masculine, though, it can be quite strong, especially if you use too much.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I love how this smells...from a few feet away. What I don't like is how it smells on me, and close to my nose. It's intriguing and very alluring from a distance, but too sweet and minty up close and personal. I will never wear it again, but could appreciate it on a coworker or friend.

This also happens to be one of the few perfumes I've found that I cannot decipher ANY note from at all. It blends into this strange concoction that, to me, doesn't smell anything even remotely like a perfume. I can't compare it to anything I've smelled before, perfume or otherwise!

Extremely original and unique, and lasts forever. I despise the bottle.

Michii_<3
Michii_<3

My aunt wears this as her signature scent and always smells beautiful. It is quite a strong, memorable fragrance but also has a certain softness to it, the peach, corriander and jasmin definately stand out and make a big statement of soft yet spicy strong yet airy type qualities. It also has amazing lasting power. Although I would not wear this fragrance myself as it does not suit my personality, it has the potential to smell gorgeous on the right person.

Its always funny how certain people like to claim how a fragrance is "definately not for everyday use" what happens if you use it everyday? Will you be shuned by all people around you? Who are you, the perfume police? Each to their own :)

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

Oh, who can forget the magazine scent strips bearing this lovely creation in the late nineties? They were everywhere, and they assaulted the nostrils without apology, literally seducing women through the pages of a magazine. I was no exception, and to this day, whenever I get a whiff of the intoxicating aroma, I’m in love all over again. Similar to a pensieve in Harry Potter, chypres can capture and hold onto memories for an endless period of time. Want proof? Wear Rush during a vacation or at the beginning of a relationship or some other emotional or exciting period of your life, then shelve it for awhile. Pull it back out in a year or two and take a whiff, and I guarantee you’ll either have tears in your eyes or be swooning. Rush is a time machine that is capable of transporting you back, emotion-wise, to the period of your life in which you wore it.

Some perfumers can get away with copying parts of a perfume and passing it off as an original because the first version was so forgettable; Rush has, to my knowledge, never been successfully copied as it is instantly recognizable and undeniably original. If fragrances were assigned to each zodiac sign, this one screams of the nature of the Aries; fiery, dynamic, arriving without apology for its red and nonconformist bottle, full of confidence, secure in all its originality, and eager to conquer. I hate the tacky bottle so reminiscent of a VHS tape, but I can’t imagine it housed in anything else; it’s a perfume so necessary, it’s accepted in spite of its unconventional packaging and eventually adored for its enduring character. I credit Rush, or rather perfumer Michel Almairac, with having introduced me to perfume as an art and something more than just a playful accessory.

If you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t experienced Rush, you’re in for a treat, if only because you’ve never smelled anything like it before.

this is strange,first when I smelled it I realized,I like it very much.the first fruity notes are just admirable by a fruity girl by me.but as the time passed I found it boring.I don't know why,but it smells just like too many other fragrances that I've smelled and I don't remember by name.there's something artificial and repetitive that I can't take!I think it's a kind of artificial sweetness mixed with peach that annoys my nose.by the way test it more than once on your skin and make sure you really like it before buying.
though my first impression about this perfume is positive,I prefer
rush 2.at least it doesn't annoy me after 30 minutes of wearing it.

WoonD
WoonD

this is sexy unforgettable...
i spray it on paper and keep it as book mark, and it last more than 3 days ^^
more longer it is, more nice it is...

gozgoz
gozgoz

It's a fresh, cool, sweet, sexy and still modern perfume!!! One of my favorites! I like to wear it when the season changes winter/spring; and surely at parties!!!

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

I love it but I'm not "in love" with it. I found it easy to wear, a nice perfume but I didn't connect with it in a strong way. It's not an emotional perfume, it's something you'd wear for a fun day shopping. It's probably good as a gift since I can't think of anyone who'd be offended by it. I think the best word for it would be "fun".

Italo_Wolff
Italo_Wolff

it is mainly a great perfume, one of the best smells that I felt already, in evolution terms he passes from an intense coolness to an outstanding and hot aroma and it finishes in notes almiscareds in a beautiful way!

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Een geur die ik al garen heb. Er wordt gezegd; je houdt van de geur of haat deze geur.
Voor mij fantastisch. Blijft de hele dag lang te ruiken, is lekker zoet, maar niet te zoet, en ook fris( zoet).
Een jasje of een trui ruikt de volgende dag nog heerlijk naar deze geur.Een warme geur voor zomer en winter.
Bruno Banani heeft ook een geur die bijna exact hetzelfde ruikt.(Bruno Banani Woman )

kugkng
kugkng

bold...heavy...powerful...sexy-killing..these all behind this stuff!!!
but only the bottle is slightly disagree...not interesting too modern like a teen pf.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I wore this when I was 18 in 1999. Very appropriate name for that time in my life!! :) The scent is strong and heady. It reminds me of a better version of Exclamation by Coty. I remember getting tired of it quick. I can't imagine anybody still wearing this!! Its so 90's.

LunaRes
LunaRes

The bottle (if you can call it that) is rather strange. But as I liked the scent on a teststick from a fragance shop here in NL I decided to buy it while in the US for work. I tried it on a few days ago and I liked it. But after a while it started smelling kinda earthy and I didn't like that. I hope it was my nose catching a cold. I will try again when my airways are clear.

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

this perfume makes me feel excited and sexy. a unique mixture .

scentofyou
scentofyou

Could someone please tell me why I love this fragrance so much? Whenever I wear Gucci Rush(f) I feel as though I am wearing cashmere. It has both a sensuality and a lovely casual elegance about it that I just adore. Hmmm I feel good just thinking about wearing it.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i do believe that this one is a classic, sweet perfume and you feel very elegant when you wear this. but i prefer the summer version because is a little bit fruitier at the begining but has the originas Rush base

iam2sexy4uris

One of my favorites. Definitely a classic. I love this scent. Something I will never get tire of. Beautiful and mysterious!

Alexey
Alexey

One of the best, most fresh scents for women out there! It's perfect!

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

one of my top ten s too!!! and god knows i've smelled and tried perfumes-and still do!!!!!! addictive too,

Jasper
Jasper

Intoxicating! Powdery sweet scent that linger till you scrub it off. Though I like it but this is not for everyday used, no matter how little you put it on. And lemme tell you, too much of this thing can kill you.

SheVampire
SheVampire

This was one of the gifts from my boyfriend. I've never payed attention at that weird plastic box, and when I smelled it I couldn't believe I never tried it before.Lovely perfume, gives an irresistible sexy scent, my boyfriend made a great choice.

liat
liat

I could never quite understand its appeal. It's so overpowering that my nose itches. Everything about it screams sex, and not in a sophisticated way. It's not awful, but you won't find me buying it anytime soon.

hena a
hena a

very very strong. i have a friend who loves to wear it and it gives headache to most people i know. it could be a nice scent if used sparingly.

coco76

okay, so i went to shopper's today and sprayed myself on the wrist...it doesn't smell like it did years ago!! its probably a combination of things, one being that i don't smoke anymore (which makes a lot of things smell differently) and two might be that my chemistry has changed since having a baby, which believe me i think really does happen. sadly, this smells almost like oranges to me and not the musky yumminess that it used to have. ah well, c'est la vie.

coco76

i am going to get another sample of this, i used to wear this back in 99/00...but i also used to smoke back then! i hope i still love it with my sense of smell intact!

letestarr
letestarr

I really love this one!
It was my only fragrance from 2002 til 2006, when a good friend of mine decided to copy my scent! I got so angry! but it`s alright now, that I have so many others! this is my bf`s favorite on me, cause this was the one I was wearing when we started dating! I think I will always have one bottle! It was love by first smell! lol

Mareseis
Mareseis

I don't know why I bought this, didn't like it at all so I ended up using it as a room spray. Too heavy and masculine in my opinion.

Mr.angel.fetish
Mr.angel.fetish

This is one of the sexiest perfumes i have ever smelled! even the packaging is red hot sexy! I bought it for my girlfriend and she loves it, and when she wears it i go nuts!

coco76

one of my favourites as well, but use sparingly! a very strong fragrance, a little goes a long long way. warm, sexy and delicious makes you sniff your arm again and again. would not wear it in the spring or summer great winter or late fall scent.

Aeternitas

Wow. Not to offend, but I can't believe there are people that actually enjoy this scent, or dare so much as to wear it. I really prefer the Rush for men! This reminds me slightly of Gwen Stefani's perfume, L -L.A.M.B (which is my most hated fragrance). Very plastic-y, loud, and obnoxious. Nothing wrong with strong fragrance, but this is just so far from my tastes. I don't know what it is in this fragrance that makes me dislike it so much.

wildflower
wildflower

one of my all time favorites! so sexy and vibrant!

elgab89
elgab89

One of my top 10. Really sexy scent! And lasts forever! Warm and sweet in a good way. You will get noticed if you wear it.

2007
jeca
jeca

One of my favorite fragrances. Woody plastic, the most radiant ever!

2007

drugstore.com
Eau De Toilette
Gucci Rush Eau de Toilette Spray, 2.5 fl oz
Gucci Rush Eau de Toilette Spray, 2.5 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Rush fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Rush, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Rush by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Rush by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.