Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Gucci Rush for Men Gucci for men

Gucci Rush for Men Gucci for men
dislike

According to the designer’s idea, Gucci Rush is “free, direct, instinctive, penetrative and certainly modern, simple, precize and spontaneous.” Gucci Rush is a modern, oriental fragrance with the accords of exotic trees. The sweet lavender freshness quickly transforms into the spicy-woody heart of the composition with sandalwood, cedar, incense, Okouma tree. The long trail is composed of patchouli, sandalwood, white musk. The perfume was created in 2000 by Daniela Roche-Andrier and Antoine Mainsondieu. Gucci Rush for Men was created by Daniela (Roche) Andrier and Antoine Maisondieu.

Lavender Cypress

Blue Santal

Gucci Rush for Men Fragrance Reviews

psychocandy
psychocandy

I just scored a 50ml bottle. This may sound crazy...but I smell the DNA of Tom Fords Tuscan Leather in it, its the smoky musk part.....i have had this experience with TF fragrances a few times....Anyway, I have Sartoriale, and Trend Lui by Les Copains. Let me tell you, TREND is by FAR closer than Sartoriale..so close I almost got bummed out I bought Rush, but this last only for the first 15 seconds. Trend and Rush go on like a mesquite repellent - very sharp - then dry to a smoky woody scent. However, Trend is quite weak and a bit 'thinner'. Im actually getting decent performance from Rush, similar to other Gucci frags from TF era. This one seems to benefit from body heat. I finally understand the hype...If this were in a black and gold TF bottle and called Bois de Santal, it would cost $250. Its as good as any of his private blends. Im going to go out on a limb here to say if you want something that does what Rush does in terms of a 'vibe', get Tuscan Leather and skip all the knock-offs, Trend is good as a body spray, Sartoriale is too creamy and has floral notes that miss the mark Rush hits in the smoky incense and manly category. If you had a vile of Tuscan Leather and Rush and a/b them, you would see what Im talking about. TL is way stronger (and different) but I can't shake the way they have this similar vibe. Ok now one more for the crazy department...you know what else gives me this vibe(Rush, Tuscan Leather)?.....China White by Nasomatto.

Obanonatto
Obanonatto

It's a beautiful sandalwood, with the effect of oxygen as in high mountains, pure and energizing. One and only.
10/10, It's perfect.

AHumbleApprentice
AHumbleApprentice

This used to be my signature fragrance, and my favorite still .

Confident, Refined, Original, Bright, Fresh, Lively, Clear, Warm, Smooth, Smoky, Woody, Masculine.

I fell in love the moment I smelled Gucci Rush Men. As I first sprayed Gucci Rush on my skin two thing’s came to mind, the smell of woody aromatic cypress with fresh juniper berries. About an hour later I get hints of fresh and sweet sandalwood, slowly overpowered by a smoky, strong, smooth and “pleasant” church like incense (frankincense) with rich and warm cedar wood, It’s unlike anything I've ever smelled before or since.

Had I known it was no longer going to be made :C

al.to
al.to

the best among its copies.
the bottle is a piece of history of design.
The parfum is a harmonious contemporary and unsex melody

check my profile if someone needs to have this amazing!

Danziger

Santal Blush - Tom Ford?? No way... Even at 50% does not smell like Gucci Rush.

GianGG
GianGG

I smelt this one last week for the first time. I laugh when I spray it on my wrist because it's so good. The sandal wood smells realy authentic. I didn't like tam dao and I was not impressed by santal blush but I really love this one. Rush for men makes a nice and strange effect with its musk and its incense.
The new yorker said:
"Talk story about Gucci’s designer Tom Ford and the debut of Gucci Rush for Men fragrance in Milan... In Milan, the arrival of Rush for Men was regarded with the same excitement as the completion of the Human Genome Project in Washington. Gucci estimates that it will sell twenty-five million dollars’ worth of the stuff in the first year. "

Tom Ford knows what real luxury is and he really cared about the luxury image of Gucci.

rating:5/5

dolcethadon

I stumbled upon something that made my day! Here in Italy there are these cheap stores that are owned by the chinese which are basically a cross between the dollar store and a cheap clothing store .. They do sell counterfeit "fake" fragrances but I would not dare buy one of those in fear of spraying goat piss or antifreeze on my skin.. But right on the shelf below the counterfeits were the cheap legitimate imitation fragrances similar to those they sell in walgreens or the dollar general in the states.. But the brand that makes these imitations is a small unknown Italian brand.. So I was looking through these imitations, and most of them were newer fragrances like Blue De Chanel and Gucci Guilty but I mysteriously stumbled upon a old Gucci Rush for men imitation that I had no idea ever existed.. It smelled just like Rush but it was a cheap quality weak imitation but I still bought it for the scent! I found four bottles left of these Rush imitations and bought then all! What a find! A find I never would have expected.. I usually do not buy imitations but because it was Rush I just had to.. Love it!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Gucci Rush is a beautiful woody fragrance.
Intense notes of cedar combined with the dense cypress, a woody sophisticated set.
Sandalwood appears complementing one aspect of frankincense, smoky kind of what makes a work of art that unfortunately did not find more.
Want an aroma to replace it? CDG Wonderwood.

theXRC
theXRC

I have about a quarter bottle of this, found it in my basement. My wife's brother used to wear it. Cedar, cedar, cedar. Combined with what smells to me like grapefruit, must be juniper and musk. I like it. Not love.

Since it is rare and discontinued, I feel cool about stashing it and using it sparingly. It smells nice but must have been discontinued because of the clunkly box it's housed in lol! Tried to spray my chest and hit my chin instead! My wife loves it, for me, 3 out of 5 stars.

weaselize

If you,re looking for a replacement get Pal zileri sartoriale. It,s identical to rush. Even it,s performance is identical, close to skin.
And funny thing is... rush and sartoriale..they,re both Italian. Sartoriale is also discontinued but still avaiable, at least where i live.
In fact, i would,nt be surprised if rush and sartioriale are exactly the same scents. I even dare to say that sartoriale is slightly better like it,s the improved version of rush but it,s performance is identical.
Check it out

Reincarnation of Gucci Rush : Silvan - Rouge Bunny Rouge
Its almost the same stuff...!

kidkidblau
kidkidblau

Indian sandalwood fragrance, with notes divine incense. I find it similar to Santal Blush but better, more refined and durable. I think his reputation is deserved, it is an indisputable masterpiece of art of perfumery and design.
A unique scent.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I loved it, but my family despised it, they said it smelled horrible.

dolcethadon

VanMarlton .. The ratings on the longevity, sillage, and the similar fragrances are all skewed.. There is someone that had a profile by the name of isobutyl that is intentionally messing this page up.. He continuously makes multiple fake profiles on fragrantica to skew everything in his favor and bully people.. You will find some of his fake reviews here and on a few other pages.. You are definately right, there is very little projection, sillage, or longevity.. The scent is amazing and intoxicating but it doesnt last.. It still is one of my favorites though..

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

I adore the feminine version of Gucci Rush, so I was very curious to try the men's version. It is satisfying to know that these two fragrances were definitely created to complement each other. The female version has a very intentionally plasticky peach component, which is found in the male version as plasticky wood. It is a moderately musky sandalwood and cypress fragrance, very brisk, with a heavy dose of artificiality. I feel like most of the identity of Rush for Men is shown at the onset, and unfortunately its character wears off very, very quickly. It dries down to a faint woodsy musk in about 10-15 minutes.

Rush for Men was released in 2000 and although it was probably very trendy and on-point at the time, it smells very passé and dated now. As expensive as this fragrance has become due to discontinuation, it's not really worth the price you'd end up paying for it. It's definitely not bad, but I think it probably appeals more to others far more than it does to me. There are better sandalwood/cypress fragrances that are more easily attainable. Maybe Rush for Men is one that should be left in the past.

Bbjr
Bbjr

I don't get it. Rush, along with Envy, Nobile, and Pour Homme 1 were 4 of the greatest fragrances ever made for men and they all came from Gucci. Now what do they have? Eight different versions of guilty, made to measure, a sad remake of PH. All of it just synthetic inferior scents. It would be like Ferrari deciding to just stop making the best cars in the world and instead make something to compete with Chevy. Makes no sense! Shame on you Gucci for taking away all these great scents and insulting us with the current crap.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

What can i say for this precious juice?
JUST AMAZING!!I always remember the first time that i smelt my precious one and everytime that i smell it i feel exactly like the first time. Truly mood lifter.
My signature scent for years. It is very versatile and wearable during all seasons, time of the day and in any occacion.I did never understand why discontinued it especialy when most of today's perfumes of Gucci seems so predictable and ordinary.
At least i can find it online but as a precious one it is a bit expensive but this never stop me.

Tip:Keep always in mind that fregrances work different on different types of skin,seasons and climate of the country.

dolcethadon

I am at a loss as to why the votes above are still being messed with .. They are far from accurate! I am also at a loss as to why my comments are still being deleted when all I am trying to do is help? I will keep on commenting until this page gets put back to normal..

weaselize

ok, so i deleted al my former posts to clean up this page a bit and in order not to confuse people coming here and read them since they were all pointed to a person or persons who was or were manipulating this page in a bad way and is or are now deleted by fragrantica.
Thank you fragrantica for restoring the atmosphere around here!
Many profiles have been deleted for this frauduleus manipulation.

Now, my very short review about rush.
I like this scent alot. I think it,s an attractive scent but not for everyone. I think people who prefer more fresher scents will not like this.
Woody it is. Spicy? personally i don,t find it spicy.
It,s very soft and close to the skin. That, for me is the only downside of it. The very moderate sillage and longevity. For the rest, great and a unique scent

dolcethadon

First step getting Isobutyl Wandaw and his other fake profiles deleted - Accomplished - .. Next step is to get these false similar fragrances above .. Sandalo , Marriage Equality, deleted..

Potion Musk
Potion Musk

today I tried Santal Blush by tom ford and I found that are similar but unfortunately Santal Blush is very expensive and Gucci rush is hard to find, I think Gucci rush for man has more persistent on my skin and honestly i prefer it, in my opinion it's a masterpiece

weaselize

I would like to give an honest review about this fragrance for the people who don,t have it and would like to have it.
Don,t let yourselves get crazy like your missing wonderjuice.
This fragrance is extremely hyped.
Most fragrances that get discontinued suddenly get so much attention while before they weren,t that popular as they,re now. There,s a reason why they got discontinued.
It,s fun to have fragrance in your collection you know for that they aren,t available anymore.
This fragrance, i like it much, the smell is good but it is soooo damn weak. After few hours it,s gone, i mean totally gone.
The projection is superweak! The longevity is superweak also! It,s just an extremely weak fragrance.
Even the dolce gabanna the one for men is stronger than this one.
You can take a bath in it and it will still be weak.
For people who prefer fresh fragrances this is not the one to have. I,ve let a co worker test this out and his first reaction was. "what the hell, this smells like cat piss". Don,t get me wrong, because i like it alot but it,s supersuperweak. There,s better out there! Don,t get mindbombed about this one.

dolcethadon

My mother use to wear Gucci Rush for women a long time ago but I remember the smell of it quite clearly, and I loved it! When I had heard that Gucci Rush for men existed I decided that I had to get my hands on a bottle.. It had took me a long time hunting some down but finally I had accomplished my goal! After reading reviews and looking at the notes it smells a lot like how I imagined it.. It is a beautiful woody scent! It definitely has similarities to its female counterpart, for example they both have this strange synthetic vibe to them while still maintaining a natural high quality scent.. I believe they both contain lac-tones that give them somewhat of a milky vibe.. Rush for men is a very woody fragrance and it smells absolutely amazing! I absolutely love the way the scent opens up with a beautiful combination of lavender, a gorgeous cypress note, and the milkiness from the lac-tones.. The opening is one of the sexiest openings I have ever come across and is by far my favorite of all of my fragrances! That initial blast of lavender, cypress, and exotic woods is just so stunning! After the opening Rush starts to change into a very woody incense fragrance.. The sandalwood and cedar combination is great and smells very mysterious and sexy.. The incense is there but low key.. Rush has a synthetic vibe to it but to me it still smells very natural.. I happen to love that "plastic" synthetic note that you find in Rush, it is unique.. This synthetic note was made to resemble the scent of "poppers" and the lovely white video cassette shaped bottle was meant to go along with that theme.. When I wear Rush it tends to change and smell differently each time I wear it.. It opens somewhat fresh with the cypress and than turns into a warmer, darker, and more sensual scent.. It is great for casual wear and it is sexy enough for dates and close encounters.. Rush does smell like something that was released in the year "2000" but It was very modern for it's time.. The only problem I have encountered with Rush for men is that the longevity is lacking and the projection is nearly non existent.. I can only smell it on my skin for up to 4 hours max, and after the first ten minutes it becomes a skin scent.. Even though the projection and longevity are far from what I would like it to be the scent itself is still out of this world! I can only imagine how amazing Rush would have been if it were more potent.. I do believe that the performance issues were Rush's downfall hence its discontinuation.. If Rush was more potent not only would it have done better but it would most likely have been my favorite fragrance.. I wear Rush when I am going out and want to enjoy myself rather than impress others, or I wear it around the house and keep the comforting orgasmic scent all to myself! If Rush was still around and still being made than It would most definitely be my signature scent! It is a travesty that Rush was discontinued to produce inferior fragrances.. Gucci Rush is one of my all time favorite fragrances!

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

This smells wild, i mean, capital W.I.L.D...

Although I am a big sucker for flacons and the plastic bottle doesn't really appeal to me at the first sight; but the aura of the juice itself is beyond my control.

If you've ever used Rush Poppers, this is the perfume minus that 'high' sensation. Young, wild, intoxicating, seductive, and FREE.

It's a "Teenage Dream" spirit by Katy Perry, to "It's my Life" by Bon Jovi. Think about cK One ads in 1990s, take a shot of vodka or something, smile and lose yourself in any imaginable euphoria.

Longevity, perfect, from 6 hours to 12 hours. Silage, contagious enough to make the people around you feel wild and look at you. It's a jungle in a city, a dance floor in a prison, heaven in a place far far away,... if you want to touch yourself, go ahead, hahaaaa.... Afterall, not many fragrances can do that.

Wait, is today Friday? Look no further if you have this in your closet, wear it today and get lucky!

AlmondBreakfast

Redbeard
Redbeard

A fitting bottle for a slightly plastic wood scent. I might more specifically call it a wood-shop or lumberyard aura. This is one of the weakest I've ever owned, a lot like Azzaro Visit toned down by at least half, and without the more unpleasant chemical aspects. By that comparison, it's both an improvement in composition and a major downgrade in strength and longevity. I'll also grant that it has a more accurate "outdoorsiness" than other wood scents I've tried, if that's what you're after. Looking out my window at snow-covered pinon and juniper, I can't help but feel its connection to this scene. Rush doesn't change much on me, but just keeps getting weaker until it quickly fades into oblivion, even on clothing...unless the bottle I got was just too old, but then I would have expected a lack of topnotes rather than a quiet disappearance. And even forgetting about strength and longevity, it feels a bit like an unfinished composition, an incomplete portion of a mixture that doesn't know what else to do because it hasn't been given enough ingredients by the perfumer. I can't give it anything but thumbs down because it's already gone.

cottonpop
cottonpop

Got a sample, but I like to wear it, haha, even though it's for men.

shalamanoff
shalamanoff

Simpy The Best!

raffy1925

i miss this perfume, this is my favorite...hey guys? any frag similar for this?

raffy1925

this is my fragrance when i was in almaty kazakhstan. all i can say is this is seductive fragrance if you want to impress a woman, i received a lot of compliments for this and some strangers often asked me what is my perfume. this is good in winter..i wish Gucci will re-born this again...spashhebah!!!....

gray09
gray09

AHHH Gucci Rush! What a chic woody modern cedar/sandalwood cologne. Every time I wear it get tons of compliments. It embodies confidence and absolute class. Unfortunately it is long gone. I do have a bottle and have been trying to find a comparable replacement since the few remaining bottles on ebay are way over priced.

I have all of the five similar fragrances listed above. Each one is a lot like Gucci Rush when first applied but the dry downs are quite different.

For Ex. Ferrari Silver Essence has a rubber smell that is prominent in all the latest Ferrari scents. Comme des garçon Wonderland has an Oud note that becomes prominent in the dry down. Visit is close but smells like a synthetic Gucci Rush. Satoriale is way too sweet the wood disappears and sweet powder takes over.

There is one that is very similar that is not listed. It is the closest I have found in my research. Trend lui by Les Copains. The listed ingredients are quite different but to my nose it smells exactly like Gucci Rush especially in the dry down. It has sadly been discontinued as well, but it can still be found really cheap on beautyencounter.com, under $35.00 for 3.3 oz.

I bought a couple of bottles to load up before it too is gone forever! If your looking for a replacement for the amazing Gucci Rush, Trend Lui is it. Better act fast!

mrbees
mrbees

One of the best colognes ever.

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

My husband bought this for himself several years ago but got tired of it fast. On a whim I sprayed some on my wrist because I adore woodsy and spicy fragrances and it turned out to be a match made in heaven with my body chemistry. On me, I get the sandalwood, but also lots of spice notes and a sweetness that makes it absolutely gender-neutral. I have been using it sparingly in fall and winter ever since, and hope that some day Gucci decides to bring this one back, exactly as it was.

Ginngenie
Ginngenie

This is my man's most sexy scent. Makes me feel like doing naughty things! Used only sparingly now but when it is ...

Why was it discontinued?????? :-(((

kida2010
kida2010

Amazing scent, cheap versions = Azzaro Visit and tumulte.
Its another gucci masterpiece but have came across quite a few that remind me of it.
Incense is definately there, with sandalwood and cedar.

LongIslandLPN
LongIslandLPN

All my girlfirend in highschool had Gucci Rush around 10th grade 2003- 2004. I love Gucci rush it is sexy, sultry and really awesome. I loved it on them and was constantly surounded by it that I decided to get Gucci rush for men. I remember it being way too musky and spicey and manly in a bad way. It was the complete manly 180 from Gucci Rush. I wanted something more in the middle. I havent smelled or seen Gucci rish in at least 5 or 6 years until I was strolling through the womens section of Sephora (usually I stay on the guys side for obvious reasons lol). I took one whif and it instantly brought back so many memories!! It smells so sexy I love it. I think I may order a sample and try it out or layer it with something more manly Lets see if i could pull it off I dont think it is overtly girly.

oxm
oxm

Gucci Rush is amazing, fresh and sweetly spicy thin, a majestic wooden stands between all its components and cascade spices in a soft gentle mist of September, has not the strength of the classics in terms of persistence and persuasive but never cloying, also gives a smoky trail of something that makes it even more chic.In this fragrance Gucci revives the splendor of its past, Rush is pure class I think it can also be worn by youngsters this fragrance reminds me of Krizia Time Rush but is much more good, and call it even savage, I love the name, by the sense of something fast and futuristic that leads me to imagine a race of galactic spacecraft around the rings of Saturn.
excellent

KeithScar
KeithScar

Gucci Rush was an awesome fragrance that was sadly discontinued. I got this as a gift from my grand dad back in high school and i fell in love with it since then. Rush is a zesty woodsy scent that can be easily worn casualy in the daytime. I rarely wear this since its discontinued but when i do wear it I get compliments and questions from plenty of women & men

bammo_kun
bammo_kun

I used this cologne late 2001 and i received great compliments all the time

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This stuff is so amazingly simple but awesome. It smells very powdery/woody. The sandalwood, lavender and patchouli are very noticable for me which I love. Very classy and sophisticated so I would say that ages 25+ should be the only costumers for this, if it were still around. Otherwise get ready to pay a hefty price for whatever is left floating around on the imternet market.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I was lucky enough to bag a bunch of samples of this at an affordable price. Amazing wood!! Gucci Pour Homme 1 was another woody offering, but does not come close to filling the fantastic woody shoes of Rush. The sillage is potent and powerful, maybe the strongest of all the Gucci for men fragrances. Cedar being the strongest with cypress and perfect aromatics behind it. Up close, this was gorgeous, but the wafting aroma was magic...never to be duplicated. Ahhhh...Rush you will always have a place on my skin and in my heart. RIP.

VanAllan
VanAllan

This is one of the few discontinued fragrances that I was looking very hard to find, reading so many reviews about how good it is (was).
So there it is....a nice tester bottle quarter full sitting below the desk in a small perfumery shop. Raving to try it, I've put a super large spritz on my wrist and wait the result:
In the first minute I was overwhelmed by the spicy-dry smell coming most probably from lavender-cypress-juniper combination, that after only a few minutes evolved in a smooth, soft & little incensy sandalwood-cedar accord.
Here it became very very similar to Azzaro Visit, one of my most preferred, only that Rush is less intense and sweet (fresher).
Until I left the shopping area 30 minutes later, the fragrance reached its drydown with more santal and some patchouli/musk traces, in a faint smell.
What can I say in conclusion: overall I liked it, being a dry spicy-woody frag, but unfortunatelly the longevity was really poor and sillage barelly detectable after 10 minutes.
In a way I'm glad I didn't pay an arm & a leg for it blindly when I had the chance. I love Visit and I'm sure it has much more longevity & sillage than Rush, which, as other reviewers said, could be an option released in a more intense version.

Denzel
Denzel

I HAD WORN A LOT OF PARFUMES OVER THE YEARS AND THEN WHEN I FINALLY FOUND MY SENT- GUCCI RUSH, SOMEONE DICIDED THAT IT WILL BE DISCONETED, BECAUSE IT SELS TOO GOOD AND OTHER UPCOMING GUCCI PARFUMES WONT SELL AS GOOD AS THEY SCHOULD IF THE RUSH WILL STILL BE ON THE MARKET. THAN I ASKED MY SELF WHY DIDNT THEY DISCONECTED WOMENS RUSH TOO THAN? i WILL TELL YOU WHY-BECAUSE WOMENS RUSH WASN SELLING AS GOOD AS RUSH FOR MEN.
EXAMPLE OF GOOD ECONOMY- DISCONECT THE PARFUME THAT SELLS GOOD EAVEN THE NEW SENTS WONT SELL AS GOOD AS RUSH.
GUCCI RUSH WAS THE BEST PARFUME EVER MADE!!!
I HAVE WORN IT FOR A YEAR AND NOT A DAY WENT BY THAT SOME ONE DIDNT COMPLIMENTED MY PARFUME OR ASKED ME WITCH PARFUME AM I WEARING...

GUCCI RUSH WAS THE BEST PARFUME EVER MADE!!!

zdeno.gafrik
zdeno.gafrik

that was one of my most favourite fragrances. I loved it and missed it so much. Never find right supplement. Gucci Rush for men was the only one and it´s so sad they stopped to produce it....

Endymion
Endymion

Is that true that Pal Zileri's Sartiorale is similar to Rush for men?
Please, confirm it if you know Sartiorale!
I couldn't find a good replacement for Rush for men :(

FrankyBerry
FrankyBerry

Gucci told me they discontinued it because of one of the wood product was getting harder and harder to get (sandal?). I miss it dearly.

prettyliscious
prettyliscious

I don't know why they have to discontinue this scent. It is my husband's signatured scent. :( I really love this scent. ;(

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I fexkin love this! I wasn't fussed on the first spray, but once it dried down pepper and musks! The pyramid doesn't have pepper, but wow! Spicy wood, I love it.

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

this one isn't for me, it has good lasting power, but the overall aroma is somehow i hate it ...

lpolinyane
lpolinyane

This was my first real introduction to fragrances. I bought it with its deodorant stick. This baby is good and its scent life is fantastic. I kept it for almost 3 years until my bro decided to take it & keep it. It was a sad loss. I wish they'd bring it back and i would buy it in a flash!!!

ryguy17
ryguy17

i just found this, on ultrafragrances.com..anyone ever used that site?

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

WTH was Gucci thinking when they created this mess??? It does not smell pleasant, it smells of an old air freshener that you have had locked away for 20 years+! I would not recommend this to anyone... Its terrible! Im glad it has been discontinued!!!

guest_joe per
guest_joe per

Whats the matter with Gucci?....we need this gorgeous scent.

Dad jax
Dad jax

I havent tried this one yet but i am damn sure like other Gucci perfumes it will for sure be cool with very poor lasting power!

kisherceg
kisherceg

The sexiest male perfume has ever made...Not only the much sandalwood but the incense,which is not listed as note..It gave a special "aura"..It's a shame that it's discontinued.

Update:
the good news: last week I bought the new Oriflame Ascendant Pure (in white bottle,new edition) and it smells almost exactly like Gucci Rush for men. Top notes seems a bit different, but 15 minutes later and especially the drydown ( cedar + sandalwood + incense + musk) is identical to Gucci Rush.

the bad news: the weak points of this new Oriflame scent are the same as the weaknesses of Rush were: sillage and longevity is below the average.
But at least Ascendant Pure is available and price is reasonable (cca 25-30 $,when it's on sale cca 15-20 $)

It's worth to try for replacement of Rush.

guest_rolf
guest_rolf

Why, why, why?
I miss my signature scent!
It should be re-launched!!!

I have been out of these for almost three years now so I can't really tell you how it smells but its impression. Gucci Rush for Men is very sexy spicy spices and yet sweet and pungent scent. It's very aromatic that leaves a wonderful scent trail for others give you some attention. It's like an aphrodisiac for mankind, and it's great for date and party/club scene. I regret that I didn't purchase a bigger bottle or any extra at time because it is now discontinued and if I find one, it's ridiculously expensive! I am hoping one day Gucci will relaunch it just like Versace did with Versus for Woman.

aFineNose
aFineNose

Though a huge fan of Envy (actually, bought this because of that), Rush lives up to it's name: they were clearly not thinking but blinded by the success of Envy. This is vile, and way to sharp with musk. I used it a few times to see if it would grow on me, but gave up on it. Cheap and nasty, just like the bottle: already in the shops the white metal parts would spontaneously come off.

4xxx4
4xxx4

yeah? the sexiest scent ever made?? but it s a discontinued, right?? so i agree with guest_Guest - try Pal Zileri sartoriale,,,it s practicly same scent, but with a even beter longevity, and even more sexy feeling in it!!! dont hesitate a try it, until it s available

andrew85
andrew85

OMG, one of the sexiest scent ever made. love this.. it's a shame that it's discontinued.

BeautifulDreamer
BeautifulDreamer

This one is on my top 5 list...it has everything, distant beauty and mystic sensuality, animal magnetism and gentle notes. It's almost perfect...9.5/10

guest_mynde
guest_mynde

best parfume I have ever had

guest_Guest
guest_Guest

Try PAL ZILERI - SARTORIALE. I think it's very close to GUCCI - RUSH FOR MEN.

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

for the lovers of woody spicy this is one of the best.it should have been made in a intense version to help the longivity

Cassiano
Cassiano

Gucci Rush is a kind of fragrance that differs from the others on the market (at least untill it was launched).
I didn't give the proper attention to it by the time I had the chance to stay with 1 bottle for me, and now I regret a lot!

It is a dry fragrance, with an aroma of successful man, which doesn't attack the other people's noses and detaches itself from the other fragrances around you.
What I'm gonna say can sound strange, but I really felt suede on it!

The bottle is simply and, at the same time, special! The white color makes the whole thing more sophisticaded. Unfortunately, they have discontinued this one!

benzippo
benzippo

Sandalwood, sandalwood and sandalwood accord to the extreme which I simply loved as it smells like when I'm in a tranquil Temple of worship but unfortunately the fragrance does not last on me despite me loving it to the core.

Omnia_Insomnia
Omnia_Insomnia

That's a spicy sexy wood, very sophisticated though. I keep buying the rests of it...

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Thank God there's Christian Lacroix's Tumulte to replace this one. Very nice woody and incense fragrance, but with a total lack of staying power.

thomkallor
thomkallor

True, this one is hard to find, but not impossible. For me, all about the sandalwood and a light elegant musk. Intimate and classy if not a tad wispy. The packaging is dynamite! A winner and a favorite.

***EDIT 6/13***

While the packaging is adorable, it is flawed - over time, it literally fell apart, leaking the juice. Not cute!! Especially now it is so hard to replace! I bought a bottle of Azzaro VISIT to soothe me - a pretty close relative with a slightly sharper bite.....

knightz
knightz

Absolutely classy, refined and elegant. Gucci scents are always rich but subtle, and this one is no exception. I primarily smell Lavender and light Incense on Sandalwood in Gucci Rush for Men. The ingredients are so well mixed that it's hard to believe that such a small number of notes could smell so much like wealth, power, and success.

Sillage is close and longevity is a little short. As good as Rush is, I still prefer Gucci Envy. Rush is discontinued and, when it can be found, is going for a premium price. I would recommend trying Envy first. Rush is a little lighter, but just as classy.

deli_s
deli_s

My favorite male scent! It makes me think of sexy things...

asfa
asfa

its so super perfume why not sell it enymore?its so spicy

Alexey
Alexey

It was withdrawn from the market....

Why, GOD, o why?

Gucci Rush for Men by Gucci 4.50 out of 5 based on 325 ratings and 72 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci Rush for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci Rush for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci Rush for Men by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci Rush for Men by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.