Designers » F-H » Woody Chypre « Groups

dislike

I have it: 880 I had it: 386 I want it: 322 My signature: 26

tobacco
Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Videos
Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Gucci for men Pictures

The fragrance for men by the house of Gucci is expected to appear on the market in September. It stands for a masculine and modern companion of the last year's edition Gucci by Gucci.

The edition for men, Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme was created by Frida Giannini, creative director of the house of Gucci, in cooperation with Givaudan and P & G. The perfume is characterized as a modern chypre woody and includes notes of bergamot, cypress and violet in the top, the heart containing tobacco leaves and jasmine and the base notes consisting of patchouli, amber and Elemi – incense which is not derived from wood. When combined with tobacco leaves, Elemi contributes to intensity and longevity of a fragrance.

The bottle is made of transparent, steamy glass and is crowned with a silver top with a well-known symbol of horse-bit. Frida Giannini personally was in charge of design of this companion of the edition for women.

The face for the Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme commercial will be James Franco, and it will be directed by Jan Wentz. TV commercial was taped in black and white. The actor James Franco, in James Dean style passes through an apartment saying lyrics of the famous song by Bryan Ferry-a "Slave to Love" to his girlfriend. The recording session of this commercial was accompanied by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, who made photographs for the new perfume.

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme includes bottles of 50 and 90ml EDT, 90 ml aftershave 90ml, 75 ml aftershave balsam, 200ml shampoo and 75ml deo stick.

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme was launched in 2008.

Bergamot Cypress Violet

Tobacco Jasmine

Patchouli Olibanum Amber Elemi resin Leather

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Rsbb
Rsbb

Not bad smelling, but very boring.

Update:
"Boring" is a cheap expression. I meant that this Edt dosent appeal to my taste.

landon1

And I don't find this generic. Judge me, but It just doesn't catch me as generic.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Refined, clean and woodsy. I was very happy to have owned it. Its a lightly sweet smell with a crisp essence of green cypress wood and earthy tobacco leaf. Exudes maturity, but sadly lacks projection and longevity. Could have been better in those aspects, but I really enjoyed the creation!

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

Poor longevity. If you're not rich then please don't waste your money on this. And if you are rich then waste your money on some nice niche fragrances instead.

lgbailey86

Really nice bottle . Nice feel, nice and heavy... like the cap very much. Much nicer bottle than the juice. Which smells good if you're willing to re apply it regularly... Gave the second half of my bottle to my boss when he liked it because I never wore it. Don't miss wearing it. A tiny bit miss having that bottle though. Like the perfect heavy tumbler
Completely different scent but always reminded me of the approach by Dolce & Gabanna's the One.. a scent with typical wintery notes but designed to perform in warmer weather . I honestly always liked this best in summer.

landon1

Apparently every fragrance that comes out has to be a complete classic and change the game. This is good stuff, disregard the snobs.

VJG
VJG

Gucci by Gucci- Warm ,Smokey and Woody!!!
The Opening and also the dry down are excellent.Love it
The Tobacco and leather blast is the most attractive part of this fragrance as it draws attention.. Has a very decent lasting power.

Micho0
Micho0

Smells really good , its refreshing but very elegant in the same time.

Not really something special about it but doesnt have too,it does it good anyway

harini_20
harini_20

Gifted this frag to my boyfriend after joining him after a year!!!! He jus poured me smooches!!!!! Love love love!!!!!!

Finisterle
Finisterle

If generic fragrances have kings and queens this is one of them.

Is Gucci a brand that makes acessories in an expensive Italian rennaissance style ? If so this is a success for them.

Subtle but far from invisible, there is some opulent mature evening light to sink your nose into.

Decorative and delightfully well balanced. Always pleasant, never out of place. Superb lasting power.

Davnros
Davnros

Some of these reviews make me laugh. Just goes to show how clueless some people really are when it comes to body chemistry and scent. :)

Gucci by Gucci is safe but sexy. Perfect for the office or a night out on the town.

Without knowing your body chemistry, I can't recommend this or any other scent, but it's worth testing out at the very least.

Ignore the pompous reviews by faux scent enthusiasts who believe that scent is only good when it costs $100/ounce. They have no idea about scent or how to wear it.

kenney77
kenney77

Very sexy

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I like this one; it has a pleasant light-tobacco vibe that's sticks pretty close to the skin and, surprisingly, gets compliments from the ladies in the morning. I will occasionally wear this fragrance into the office when I'm tired of wearing the freshies and don't have any reason to break-out the really good stuff (e.g., boring desk work).

To be honest, I would probably love this stuff if it projected a little better...then again, that pleasant light-tobacco vibe may very well turn into a cheap tobacco stench since it's average quality juice. I don't regret my purchase ($29 for 1.7oz size) but will I buy again? Maybe - it's just okay.

Jassar
Jassar

Nothing but ultra highly synthetic pure chemical trash. Still not as bad as Hugo Boss Energise though.

Scrubability = high

jyan727
jyan727

Yes people, the fabled days of Gucci are gone, and never will they return. The Legendary greats of Envy, Rush and PH I represent the pinnacle of what Gucci was in the fragrance game.

When you keep in mind that those days are gone you can really begin to see this fragrance for what it is. Not a legend and not a jaw dropper, but a simple and elegant fragrance.

The smell of the fragrance is pretty modern, young, and brisk. It isn't a game changer, and sometimes it can seem a bit generic but I think the tobacco and the cypress really help to keep it a little more interesting.

Gucci by Gucci is very subtle. The projection and sillage are so minimal its almost laughable. A person would have to get very close to you in order to smell this. That is the reason why I recommend this for a date night or other intimate occasions, just some type of situation where a person is almost required to get close to your skin. It is in this way I think this fragrance is more attractive.

The longevity for me is anywhere between 2 and 4 hours. Which is on the lower end of the scale when compared to my other fragrances.

As a plus, this bottle is simply amazing. I don't know why I like it so much. Maybe it is the simplicity and subtle elegance, which seems to compliment the scent so well.

In the end this a fragrance that I find hard to dislike, even with all of the faults considered. I recommend this fragrance to those that can look past the ugly and see the beauty inside.

mrmyers22
mrmyers22

Doesn't stink. I just wish I never bought it.
Got bored of it VERY quickly.

Molko
Molko

I feel like synthetic pear or pineapple smell with tobac like Black XS l'excés but little bit smoother, very pleasant and soft

burgundyaltima

revisited this one for a second time.. smells like mentholated coughdrops

2AngelsDaddy
2AngelsDaddy

Not for me. This has no positives at all for me. Didn't like the opening that reminded me of stale, wet firewood or the middle which was also the end that was pure smoked beef. Still have it, don't/won't wear it.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I was looking for something elegant with my first salary. I went to a shop and started smelling around. I fell in love with it's floral and fresh but dominant note... I instantly bought it. For 3 years now it's been one of my all time favourites and I can only recommend it.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

The first couple of times that I sprayed this on paper I immediately threw the paper away, it smelled like a really bad generic cologne that I did not like.. However Gucci's original Tom Ford era fragrances happen to be some of my favorite fragrances of all time.. So I decided to sniff this one out a little bit more being that it is still Gucci.. When I tried it on my skin it was completely different from what I remembered smelling on paper.. Something hooked me in when I sprayed it this time and I really started to like it.. I fell in love with cypress because of my beloved Gucci Rush that no other can come close to.. So I guess that is what got me with this one.. It has a lot of fresh green coniferous Cypress in it and I like that.. I can pretty much detect all of the notes in Gucci by Gucci.. It is fresh, floral, coniferous and it has a resinous vibe from the elemi.. It still does smell a little generic but it still is way more unique than the other new Gucci fragrances.. There is some type of a strange synthetic vibe that I do get from this that is a little "off" but I still like the fragrance.. Gucci by Gucci opens up with a big blast of cypress, a hint of violet while the bergamot brightens it up.. The opening has a bit of a menthol type of smell to it.. Than a bit of tobacco merges in with the cypress and some jasmine comes into play which gives Gucci by Gucci a floral edge.. There is patchouli, olibanum, amber, elemi, and leather in the base.. I detect a bit of each of these notes but the drydown is not very strong.. The olibanum and the elemi do however lend a slight resinous vibe to the scent which is very nice.. I see that this is pretty much classified as a fall/winter fragrance but it does not work well for me in the cold.. I like to wear this fragrance in the spring or on summer night.. Gucci by Gucci is a fresh fragrance and not heavy enough for the cold.. It does however have enough depth to keep my interest.. The bottle is very nice, I love the design and the smoky glass.. I like Gucci by Gucci much more than the other new releases but compared to Rush, Envy, and Pour Homme this is trash.. But overall it is a nice modern fragrance but I do believe that if they took their time with this one they could have done a much better job.. It is not up to par with Gucci's past quality, but I do still like it..

Catch22
Catch22

Somewhat similar to Burberry London. Gucci is sweeter, more green and easier to detect the various notes.

If you like this, but would prefer something with better sillage and lasting strength, you might like London. I prefer the Gucci for its fresh and clean drydown as opposed to having the leather and tobacco notes dominating at the expense of the violet and jasmine. This one is much easier to wear and doesn't project an older gentleman's vibe like I found London to do.

Mostly a winter fragrance and beautiful to wear outdoors for me.

Marciu

Actually, it's not bad. Since I've tried it for the first time, now I like it more.

The point is that Gucci should have worked more on it instead of releasing it one year after great Gucci Pour Homme II. That's one thing. It doesn't have such quality that PH I, II, Envy and Rush had.

On the other hand the composition is not bland. violet mixes with cypress, leather, olibanum and tobacco in an interesting way.

If only it had bigger sillage and longevity, it'd be a stable in my wardrobe. For now - I don't know. Maybe I'll buy it one day.

vicente.zacatenco
vicente.zacatenco

El aroma de este perfume es muy agradable, realmente llama mucho la atención el aroma verde, fresco pero a la vez amaderado. Desafortunadamente la proyección es mala, aunque me gusta mucho el aroma puedo decir que no dura mucho al momento de aplicarse y después de un par de horas hay que oler de cerca la ropa para captar el olor amaderado. Aún así estoy a gusto con él.

cytherian
cytherian

Unfortunately, I have to agree with a good many people here that while Gucci By Gucci PH smells great, it has a synthetic quality about it that just doesn't feel right. If only it was briefly present in the initial spray, but for me it lingers on well into the dry down. It is not strongly perceived at a distance, but get close and the synthetic air is there. But worse still, the fragrance begins to turn into a whisper before too long. Did I actually spray myself with it this morning, he asks in the mid afternoon? :-/

A nice try by Gucci but it falls quite short in comparison to the very popular Gucci Pour Homme II (I know GPH-II is twice the price, but why waste your money on lesser juice?). If they did a GBGPH-II and eliminated the synthetic quality while also providing greater longevity, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

vicvlz
vicvlz

This is a great frag. My sister told me I smelled good, and that was at least 6 hours after I put it on.

A Scent of Wonderful
A Scent of Wonderful

This scent is wonderful. It catches the attention of females almost 99.9% of the time; it's a great winter scent. This is my third bottle and I'm always pleased with it. And It last all day.

From Dallas, TX

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

Great smelling fragrance, however a huge downside is the fact that the longevity (at least on my skin) is probably one of the worst out of fragrances i have previously owned / tried in the past. After an hour there really isn't much left, which is a shame because i love the smell of it.

Edit: just used this again for the first time in a while, and after trying a bunch of new fragrances i seemed to pick up on the synthetic / powdery side of it a lot more. hmm..

bazil14
bazil14

nice frag but is very formal save this for days that require a suit and tie

CDGfan
CDGfan

This is a nice fragrance. I remember it when it came out in 2008, it was more strong and camphorous. The current formulation is decent but the longevity and sillage on this is weak. It evaporates after 2-3 hours. The scent itself is nice but its poor sillage and longevity destroy this fragrance.

Oposai
Oposai

This is a very complex scent. Dark, musky, mature. I would consider this a scent for people older than 26. It is easy to hate this when you are not used to strong, complicated cologne. I definetly lean towards the fresh and sweet fragrances, and that is why i do not like this piece. Also, i was expecting Gucci to surprise me, yet it dissapointed me because this cologne smells synthetic right at the opening,and it stays constant all the way to the base. 5/10, i simply would not wear this, there are many other options for a lower price.

Gazo30
Gazo30

Tried this today again, its a really nice fragrance but unfortunately it just doesn't last, i got maybe 4hrs out of it from 3 full sprays on my hand now its just about gone :( its a shame because its such a great scent, just wish it lasted longer

lgbailey86

Juicy wet cypress and tobacco... fresh green . Does well for me in warmer weather

All of the up sides of warm tobacco, resiny scents with the freshness of bergamot and the clean cypress. It's a lot of wintery notes presented lightly and subtly.

This is my go to when I don't want to stand out too much, like during dinner when smelling strongly takes away from the experience of eating. I'd wear this to a job interview etc.

Right after a warm spring rain is Perfect time for this. A little patchouli essential oil on the body really helps it along

Marciu

OK, I gave it another try. It has that something that I'm looking for in perfumes(I feel a hint of smokiness, probably from frankincense(olibanum) and some leather too), but on the other hand it's rather bland and unoriginal, because bergamot is the most prominent note here. I detected some violet, which reminded me of opening of Gucci PH2 a bit.

Its longevity is about 6-8 hours, which is a quite good result, but it doesn't project and sticks to skin.

I'd classify it as a scent that is perfect for office wear. Unoffensive and detectable when you're talking close with someone.

It's surely overpriced though. I don't care that it's Gucci, I HATE paying for the name only.

Marciu

As I am a big fan of Gucci previous men fragrances, mainly Gucci PH II, I'm trying to give this one fair mark...

For sure, it's unique, complex and well made comparing it to Gucci Guilty line, also better than its Sport "brother". But on the other hand - bland, unoriginal and boring comparing it to PH I, II, Envy Men and Rush for men...

I detect mainly fresh citrus and violet with a hint of tobacco and leather plus a bit of cypress wood. Unfortunately I can't smell not even a little hint of incense...

The cypress in it is quite well done.

Well, I surely will test it more because I still hope that it surprises me one day. For now I'd give it approx. 3/5

bluektq
bluektq

This is definitely a compliment getter, but because of its poor silage only those who stand really close to me can sniff this, and I need to re-apply after 2 hours because of its poor longevity.
I like to layer this with Demeter "Russian Leather" to enhance its leather note and to give it more edge.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

This is primarily florals, with a synthetic and feeble tobacco, and some nondescript woods & leather fairly far in the backdrop (presumably so they could justify calling this a men's scent). Smells zippy and metallic; overall an uninspiring statement.

How about bringing back the 2003 Pour Homme, Gucci...?

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A timid tobacco note. It's boring.

It doesn't last long and it doesn't project.

Opium80
Opium80

When I first bought this my initial good thoughts turned to those of this is a bit boring, longevity's quite poor and put it to the back of my cupboard. Last night i put it on for the first time in years, WOW! it's nothing like I remember. The cypress is very fresh, reminds me of a forest after rain and droplets are still on the branches and the tobacco lends it some warmth, it's very autumn (Fall). As i'm writing I can still smell the dry down from last night, a fresh pachouli, leather, so what ever happened to it's poor longevity....

It's a smart casual to a dressed up scent, 20ish to mid 30's age bracket. Will I get bored of this again...? I don't think so, it's certainly impressed me after all these years and I'm looking forward to wearing it tonight and that's what it's all about.

8.5/10 May go higher or lower... we shall see:)

A number of weeks later, I'll give it 8.5/10.
I like it a lot, longevity isn't an issue (8+ hours) and i rush around at work, it's a super safe scent and biggest compliment getter I've had in a long time, a bit ridiculous actually.

This scent is perfect for a reserved man, confident but quiet. It would be nice if the cypress stayed for a bit longer but the tobacco that comes to the full when it leaves is really nice.

Really enjoying this, can't believe i had it for years and ignored it cause I thought it was boring:)

vitilsky
vitilsky

It smells quite good but longevity on this is really crap, even on paper. 2 hours max. Not worth the price.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Simplicity can be such a good thing... and so it is with this fragrance! I received a sample of this and despite being a young lady, I had to try it on :)
This opens up lovely fresh & fruity with a sweet touch and as it dries down it becomes slightly powdery and a bit woodsy...
I could definitely wear this one myself as well!
Nice & easy to wear!

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

No, no me gusto. Creí que seria mejor. No es elegante, es mas para un tipo nocturno en busca de sexo.

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Gucci by Gucci is a completely different scent than I usually wear, but I'm hooked on it, particularly for that reason. For me, the opening notes were sparkling, fresh and green, with some sweetness thrown in. The dry down is quite different and more like the style I usually wear, woody/powdery. I really love the scent and find it fresh and masculine, and unique. That's why I like it and wear it...it's the standout bottle amongst all my other scents. I find it light and airy. Maybe that's why some people complain about the silage or longevity. It ain't heavy, but it's a brother!

stromboli77
stromboli77

I absolutely loved this the first time I smelled it. But after sometime I have found it to be a bit generic and slightly unoriginal. I am kind of torn with this one. It starts out very fresh and invigorating, eventually drying its way down to a smokey woody floral base. Very masculine, spicey and warm and a bit green. Not a bad clubbing scent and I would say its pretty versatile. Would prefer to wait until the summer months to see how this works out. I have a feeling I will enjoy it more when the weather gets warmer. It has a fresh green feel mixed in with the smokiness which I find enjoyable but more so in the proper environment. Gonna need more time with this one. It is a solid scent. Just not what I would call timeless. But I do like it and would recommend people to try it.

jonnyboy81

Great stuff. I love the menthol like tobacco feel I get from this one. It's class in a bottle. Also, beautiful bottle by the way.

Gault
Gault

Yes, the notes, especially the violet note could be familiar from other fragrances.
I think a lot of people just dont get the purpose of this one. You dont wear this fragrance to please the crowd or a particular person. You wear this to your own entertainment, to relax and enjoy the sweet dark tobacco notes. The best word to describe it is egocentric. Its not a loud scent that would allure anybody but the ones who appreciate a mature and spirited personality.
Nothing groundbreaking but a solid 8/10.

alarios
alarios

In my opinion this smells EXACTLY like Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera. I honestly don't know if I could tell the difference between the two. I used to use Herrera about 16 years ago while in college. Smelling Gucci brings back memories. It's an OK cologne, not fantasic.

aromaphile
aromaphile

Many were disappointed with this one. Fortunately for me, my body chemistry and expectations (or lack thereof), I am not among them. Though generally imparting a synthetic vibe, the initial citric violet/cypress works well on my skin. The rest is all (very) subtle 'tobacco' and 'wood'. Tends to encourage copmliments...but then again, I'm incredibly handsome.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

A very elegant, sexy, masculine and dark fragrance. It opens up sweet and fresh then dries down to this tobacco, leathery mature scent. It's very great for nights events. I think this is a 25 years old and up fragrance. In terms of longevity, I expected to be very disappointing but this lasted more than 5 hrs on me and the sillage is moderate. I really really love the dry down of this fragrance and if you like sexy, dark scent, this is a must try. Its a very safe one.
3.5 out of 5

hadrian
hadrian

Sorry to say it: this is one of the most... let's say... modest frag in my collection. Must I add that it is there because I received it as gift, from a friend who don't excell in knowing me?
Quite unimpressive. A more-than-ordinary male-perfume lover will be disappointed. As I was.
Overall, a 5,5/10

stayclose
stayclose

Out of about five frags that I smelled this had the most unique smell. To me it smelled like olibaum and elemi dominate and give a almost vapor effect. Pepper and woods plus jasmine. Al Capone could have worn this if he was still alive. J/k but that what I picture when I smell this. But I think the mgik is below average. Maybe two hours then it turn bland but man does it start of with zest. O and yeah the black and white picture thiing with the bottle is cool.

drummerdude7318
drummerdude7318

The character of this fragrance is dark and masculine, yet mysteriously melancholic and sincere. When I smell this, I picture a man walking in the quiet city at night, wearing a black overcoat, and the only true colors in the scene are his piercing blue eyes that radiate with an understated, shy kindness.

For a description of the scent itself, I want you to keep an open mind as I (an untrained nose) attempt to describe it in my terms. Imagine those "black forest" - scented car air fresheners. Now I know that doesn't sound particularly appealing, but take that smell and make it much more refined, somehow take away any synthetic and soapy qualities, and you will get something close to Gucci by Gucci. I'm saying this as a good thing.
I would make the same type of comparison for Angel men to, say, the Axe chocolate - scented body sprays, so you can see what I'm getting at, since Angel is in no way poor quality or generic. It's merely a simple comparison.

Gucci by Gucci has the perfect amount of uniqueness. It's just enough that it is very pleasing to anyone who smells it, yet it is still distinctive enough to leave a unique impression you are remembered by.

On another note, whenever a woman smells this, it would exude a sense of quiet confidence. Its not overbearing and loud to where it screams for attention, but for the women that are looking for a man they have their eyes set on you. The projection is just to where it would lure them in but not so obnoxious that it seems like you're trying too hard (like so many fragrances do). This is not a fragrance to seduce random chicks with; it is a fragrance to lure in the respectable, relationship-worthy women with its expression of effortless confidence and gentleness.

As you can tell by now, I love this fragrance and the character it exudes. It suits me perfectly and garners many compliments as well. It is definitely one worth looking at

hugosb
hugosb

it's a little different that what i was expecting, kind of formal and also a little mature smell, that it fits well in a suit or special occasions, it smells nice actually, but it's not my favorite taste, longevity is very good, but close to skin though, i wouldn't buy it for myself, because i like sweeter fragances, but this is definitely a nice fragance.

Glam Sham
Glam Sham

Some may consider it ordinary, but it has a smell that speaks for sensible masculinity; it's classily sexy. Love it on my man! It draws me towards him, and I don't want to be away from him for even a moment! When a guy wears it, it's like he's saying 'stay with me' without really saying it aloud. Love it!

blauriche
blauriche

It's hardly revolutionary, but it's well done. It's great for work because it has decent sillage, projection, and longevity, and all the ladies in the office will say, "Mmmm... what are you wearing?" At my office anyway. I don't find it particularly inspiring and it's a little bit dated, but it gets the job done.

hollyms
hollyms

A guy can't really go wrong with this one... an easy, everyday cologne that's super sexy and nice. I bought on for my bf ;)

AlaskaJack21
AlaskaJack21

One of my all-time favorites. The opening notes are dark, warm, and fruity, with tobacco, jasmine and leather layered underneath. The combination of tobacco, jasmine and leather remains with the cologne, which also yields floral and amber scents, which smell like dark colored flowers to me.

This is the "sexy time" cologne--definitely best put to use at night time and on dates. I scent with a quality you'd expect from a house like Gucci. It is a dark, sensual, masculine smell and it seems to last for quite a while. The sillage is moderate-to-heavy, so don't overdo it with this one.

jaml
jaml

Wonderful fragrance. close to skin but with 8 hours of longevity. Good for all year round.

Lgascco
Lgascco

I am a woman that loves wearing men's colognes...female fragrances give me headaches and Are often waaay too floral or sharp for me. Gucci by Gucci is fantastic and classic. I also love Givenchy Pi, John Varvatos. Deep, subtle, smokey, woodsy, classic, soft, benzoin, ...people who say that it is not original are contradicting themselves....it IS original, widely imitated, never duplicated...if you want something "crazy" ....this is not the fragrance for you.

Bcshak
Bcshak

This is my signature spring/summer cologne during the day. The reviews say that it lacks longevity and projection, but it works well on my skin, and especially with lotion and in the summer. It's masculine and noticeable but not overly cloying. I can understand how it would be weaker in the winter, and but it's for the reasons above that I chose to use it in the warmer seasons.

UPDATE:
As much as I LOVE this fragrance, the Longevity, Projection, and Sillage just don't do it for me. It's not strong enough even with the extra steps. This came to my attention after trying several other powerhouse frags and realized what I was missing. It's like that Gorgeous Woman that's just lacking.

CoolHandLuke87

This will be my second review of this...
Im not a huge collector, but i have more then enough fragrances to keep people wondering "what is he gonna smell like today." Ive gotten more compliments with this (both male and female) then any of my other colognes.
The community is not gonna give this the time of day and mark it off as "simple" or "not original," hell i even did that in my last review (even tho i love it..)
But mark my words, when this is no longer made they will try to find it and over pay on ebay..
Much like the scent of my teenage years, gucci envy and ysl M7... Watch

90hou
90hou

Love it.No more words.

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

All I can say about this fragrance is that it is amazingly fresh and clean. That is the reason why I requested it as a Christmas present. I have a few drips left and I am savouring them for special occasions. I love the bottle and the scent is just great. Every time I smell it, I think 'Spice. Spice. Spice.' It just gives off that strong, powerful, fresh, spicy smell that I just adore. Worth looking at!

aucffan1
aucffan1

Its like wearing an expensive suit..

Very nicely done.

limited Edition
limited Edition

I found this particular cologne boring..It starts well and then fades too quick..when a label can make such an amazing fragrance like Envy , i believe they are capable of so much better than the last few produced

Grottola
Grottola

Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci by Gucci (ok I'll stop) Pour Homme!

While it's technically not a chypre (bergamot-labdanum-oakmoss), Gucci by Gucci is still a well-made modern masculine in a sea of boring aquatics and woody-amber disasters. It's basically an herbal, tobacco and pepper fragrance with a bit of smokiness. There's just a hint of sweetness, but otherwise this stuff is quite debonaire. The closest comparison to this one, I would say, is the original Tommy Bahama for men in the brown bottle. I do smell some resin in the drydown, but otherwise this is just a very stark, albeit warm and alluring tobacco/patchouli/pepper/smoke fragrance. You just gotta try it to really get the full experience. In a world where the men's designer fragrance market is going further and further down the toilet everyday, Gucci by Gucci is a glimmer of hope. It's well-made, long-lasting, attractive, and it doesn't hold back - a testament to the vintage powerhouses of yesteryear. And, wouldn't you know, it's produced by Procter & Gamble!

christa.self.5
christa.self.5

Going to be a Christmas gift to my 25-going-on-12 year old boyfriend, now an office professional working 9 to 5. I think it's definitely appropriate for that age set.

The EDT worked well with his body chemistry and smelled more fresh than anything else on him. Very nice.

burgundyaltima

Underrated! excellent for work!

haronushka
haronushka

classy 5/5

nszlufik
nszlufik

An awesome masculine, dark, crisp scent makes you want to take a deep whif. Has a very subdued sweetness to it. Dark in nature with the smoky tobacco in there. For girls who like their man to smell fresh in a citrusy or aquatic way would have to adapt.
CoolHandLuke had a good evaluation of this fragrance.
Longevity is questionable from person to person. It doesnt scream off your body - it does stay close to your skin. Spraying this on paper and on your wrist yields two different results so apply generous AS Necesary.
Unlike some of whats been said, I have not smelled anything like this. I guess that kindof makes this a bit of an exotic

ruslan.pal
ruslan.pal

good cologne, when it dries out, it reminds me of mont blanc legend. I like this perfume, it is ok, my next perfume will be Versace, it is more fresh

CoolHandLuke87

a very clean/close to the skin woody (cypress and other wood accents)/smokey (a nice tobacco touch)/with a tad of spice and leather undertone. i really like the smell even though it’s no original or unique cologne. it dosnt scream that you’re here when you walk into a room, but give a gal a hug or get in close enough and she will get a good impression. I can see why longevity can be a problem, but for me its about 6-10 hours depended on how dry my skin is. I love this scent and gave it sometime before i bought it. it is a frag that stays pretty close to the skin but i like that for me… makes it more versatile. In a world today where men want to smell like coffee, caramel and vanilla; I feel that manly scents are passing, but this is now a go to masculine scent for me. good for fall/winter=day/night, but i feel you can get use from it year round. Also I would say that you have to be 20 and up to ride this one… I would also like to say that I didn’t buy the hype with James Franco, Maybe if it was Steve McQueen it would be a instant classic for me :)
over all I would give this a high 8 to a high 9 out of 10… dosnt have to much going on, but what it does have it does it right…
just my two cents, take it and do what you will with it!

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

it's nice scent. not great though but very poor longevity and projection. 7/10 i liked gucci pour homme1 and 2. this is a pass

enzyme1
enzyme1

This is a beautiful perfume, The aroma profile really excites me. When first sprayed It seems to have an effervescent quality that I like in a fragrance. It also has a masculine quality that is just right for my tastes, and is unique enough to make a good impression on the people around you without upsetting them. On my skin the longevity is and silage is good and well appreciated. I would have thought this would appeal to a lot more people, but for the people who do like it gucci is a great gem that sits nicely on the skin creating a nice aura around you creating a subtle feel of sophistication. I like it.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER

I just want to clear a point or two here...

Some reviewers declared that Gucci by Gucci is "heavy" while others describe it as "very weak"..

In fact, when it comes to "sillage"..it really varies from one person to another..even from a time to another for the same person!

Why?
First, cause it depends on the interaction of the perfume with your body. As it's called..body chemistry.
So, a certain fragrance may react very well with my body chemistry..and produces a great sillage..a magnificient aura..an unbelieveable aroma around me, while not the same for someone else.

Another reason is the nature of your body and skin..in which the pores differ from one to another as well.
Plus, how intense does a certain body emit heat. (Yes, our bodies emit heat even in low temperatures..and this as well varies from one to another)

Can sillage varies for the same person from time to another?
Definitely yes!
Cause as a fragrance interacts with your body chemistry..and the amount of heat our bodies emit and sweat from our pores..other factors can affect this..like day's temperature..exposed to sun or not..humidity..the underlying soap/water we've used!

Does longetivity varies in the same ways?!
Yes it varies, but not in the same ways..mainly cause it essentially depends on the quality of the ingredients of the fragrance more than our bodies' chemistry and external factors (I said.."more than"..they may still affect it).

So, the bottom line is..do not judge a fragrance until you try it yourself.
Assuming we agree on the scent itself, the perfect sillage/longetivity for me may not be the same for you..and vice versa!

As for this specific fragrance..Gucci by Gucci...it's just a great scent with very good sillage & longetivity (on me).

SO, GO GET IT!

:P

(Just kidding! I mean..go try it yourself)

DC-8
DC-8

As a big fan of tobaco and leather notes, I just purchased a pocket version of this frag.

Top notes start a bit too sweet, but not offensive or synthetic. Feels sensual and a bit warm.

After a while, the tobacco notes launch in a nice lovely way that makes you smell over and over. The jasmine part is just a head and soulder overdone, but doesn't ruin anything, at all.

Base notes appear a bit bitter bitter/sweet in a very lovely way, cooperated by patchouli/amber, while the leather is presnt all the way.

If interested in Burberry London, this too would satisfy your nose as well. Just a bit sweeter and warmer than London.

Longevity appears quite weak and just too close to the skin.

All in all, the smell is a nice classy thing, just a bit too sweet. Make sure to test prior to buying. I would give it 6 of 10.

sameh
sameh

Nice Scent , Chic Bottle , but as always POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR longevity , shame & too bad
p.s. EDP edition 4 improvement & empowerment must consider !

mademoisellejuliette.czix
mademoisellejuliette.czix

girl review :

smell great ; the scents i got is woody scent :) perfect use with men that look

classy or looke like business man

PS > stay for short time , only 3-4 hours.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER

Aaaah..my day in the mall today..at my store "Le Palais des Parfums" reminded me of that clean & neat Gucci Gucci!

I used to have it..but I still like it.

Raxiz
Raxiz

A real fragrance for the gentleman, the classy one... Not recommended for guys below 35 years.

Longetivity is poor, for me it only lasts around 3 hours.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

It's very promising, and in the end an unobtrusive, nice woodsy fragrance. I got one as a gift. Two huge problems, though: longevity is non-existant, and it stays so close to the skin nobody will ever smell it (unless they get that close to you). Then again, that can be a good thing.

The "handle jar" bottle is beautiful, it's however slightly annoying in daily, practical use.

vxgas
vxgas

An unforgettable well-balanced sweet tobacco smell. Smoky and classy. Projection is very weak. Great for a 35+ gentleman who wants to keep low profile. Ladies also love it on a man. It's on the top of my buying list.

raminshah
raminshah

This cologne smells really good. It makes you smell like a gentleman. The longevity is not that good but the smell makes up for it. I would say it's a winter and fall fragrance. And it's not overpowering. I even get compliments from my guy friends.

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

I have used this once, when I was round my mate's house. It is a very middle of the road, woody scent, I don't think it's new in anyway.

Reminds me a tad of D&G The One, but I prefer that scent to Gucci.

In defence of this scent it does stay on the skin for a while, I had about 7-8 hours out of it and didn't go mad when spraying it.

Results:

Sillage: 6/10

brs
brs

very nice scent for fall / winter

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme captures romance and masculinity beautifully. A man's scent for sure.

funnyboy
funnyboy

A complete waste of time.fragrance fairly natural and woody .I have cheap bodysprays that last longer.
The only nice thing is the bottle.
So pleased that I acquired this as a gift and did not have to pay full price.
In my opinion the worst of all the Gucci male fragrances which have been created in the last decade.
Have a bottle of sport by Gucci which is far superior

kweemeng
kweemeng

Like a lighter version of A* Men by Thierry except less sweet. I always tot it smells a hint of sweet cocoa although there is no note of cocoa or food.

not long lasting.

koko989
koko989

This is one of the best Masculine Fragrances of the recent fragrances released.

In the spirit of wood and tobacco. The smell beckons to sitting in Church at Sunday Mass and smelling the old-aged wood of the pews. That old smell of wood, combined with the smell of tobacco. Wearing this cologne makes one feel as though they are a child sitting with their grandfather as he smokes his tobacco in his pipe in the study.

Think Masculine, Wood and Tobacco. From a bygone age. Think Humphrey Bogart maybe? Maybe going too far with Gucci, but it comes the closest to a macho, masculine scent in this age of pathetic sweet smells, fruity fragrances, and caramel, chocolate, and vanilla Mens Colognes. This should not be allowed. Mens Colognes have started to smell the same as Woman's Perfumes. There should be a distinction between Yang (male) and Yin (Female). Yang is active, warm, dynamic. This is male. Yin is fixed, cooler, nurturing. They are polar opposites. And should be represented in the scents for the two genders.

I compared this head to head with:

Polo Black: This is so Feminine & sweet. Way too sweet. Not masculine at all. Going to return this. May as well wear Honey on my neck.

Polo Double Black: This starts off Masculine a wee bit, and then mellows out. Doesn't compare to Gucci in this group, but maybe one I would keep.

Kenneth Cole: Sweet. Same feeling as Polo Black & Armani Code. In the generation of the mambo mamby "sweet" colognes. Useless.

Armani Code: Blends into the crowd of sweet fragrances.

Drakkar Noir: In high school I wore this daily. What happened was every male jumped on the band-wagon. The high-school locker rooms, hallways all smelled like a mixture of sweat, Body Odor (B.O.), and DRAKKAR! The Middle-Eastern kids especially generously bathed and showered in gallons and vats of Drakkar. This made this fragrance unappealing after a while. And I stopped wearing it, as the bledn of B.O. and Drakkar became a gross-out.

This is the only one in this group from 30++ years ago. And it's among the best. It smokes Polo Black, Armani and Kenneth Cole. Double Polo Black is water compared to this. Gucci is even weaker compared to this. But Gucci shares the Masculine vibe, and intensity. On intensity levels, Drakkar would be a 10, and Gucci would be a 5.

THE WINNER: DRAKKAR NOIR

2ND PLACE: GUCCI POUR HOMME (Love it, and will wear it everyday). One of the few newer scents that is not taste like fruit, flowers, or honeydew.

3RD PLACE: POLO DOUBLE BLACK (Only because it has a hint of masculine fragrance, and not as sweet as the orig Polo Black. )

LAST PLACE (TIE): Armani Code, Polo Black, Kenneth Cole

Drakkar is still great. It just carries lots of high school memories from adolescents, making unsophisticated.

Gucci Pour Homme nails it. It's not really daring. It's just classic. Everybody overuses the word classic. But Gucci actually is. In every way.

It comes in 2nd to Drakkar Noir, because who can touch Drakkar. It just is so familiar, especially if you went to High School in the 1980's.

Gucci is not as familiar to High school, but more to the smell of wood & tobacco, which brings back memories of the older generations. This makes it reach further back, and feel mature and nostalgic.

Gucci is one of the best out there for a man that wants to smell sexy and manly. And very few men these days will wear this type of Cologne, as it's not "in" because it dares to be strong, and not hide it's masculinity in sweet notes of vanilla, mango, caramel, and cotton candy.

Every male cologne smells like Angel basically. If you want sweet just wear Angel.

Otherwise man up and get some Drakkar or Gucci.

evilspin
evilspin

I have 50 fragrances on my dresser tray and this is one of my least "go to" fragrances when choosing what to wear as I go out. I don't know why. Its not bad. Maybe its because every time I go out I imagine what people are thinking once they smell what i have on or that I want to smell different and captivating so to me this fragrance does not have that "compliment me" smell. I don't really get the tobacco smell in this but in any case, this is a modern fresh clean guy smell rather then manly or older classic smell. Not bad but not my fav. I see people keep saying there is no longevity or projection and they can no longer smell it on them. Let me remind that people smell fragrances on you MORE than you will smell it on yourself.

HOW TO WEAR FRAGRANCES: As people say there is no longevity or projection in this, this is how you wear fragrances. First off u shouldn't bathe in fragrance as I see many people even shower their clothes. What a waste of juice! Clothes dont project! Only if you have someone resting their head on your shirt. Just a spray in/around ear area and a spray under jawline in pulse area (heat area). And a spray on upper chest or on pulse area of inner arm from elbow, that's it. These are the areas that are constantly warm and project the fragrance into air and people can smell you as you walk by. (sometimes i spray back of neck even though its not a warm area, people when walking in back of you can smell you. Wrists do nothing even though its a pulse area, it does NOT project from there. The scent disappears quickly the most from wrists due to constant moving of arms and touching things and resting wrists on surfaces etc. Its only good to test fragrances there. But your pretty much wasting fragrance/spray if your spraying your wrist in hopes to smell good and project to others. Hope this helps as I hate seeing people grab a fragrance and spray 30 sprays all over arm, neck and clothes. Its embarrassing to watch. I feel bad for their ignorance. Fragrances are more pleasant when it was sprayed subtle on and people catch the heart of the scent this way as opposed to bathe in it and choke and overwhelm peoples noses.

gert1980
gert1980

smell 8/10
longtivity 6/10

this is the best of gucci perfumes

dad hash
dad hash

I bought this one 2 years back 3.4oz and gave the 99% of it to my nephew cus he liked it some how but for me it was more then pathetic...smell like a cheap perfume GAMBIT with almost no longevity...the whole story runs an hour or so with a weird dry down which is like cheap tobacco mixed with sweat or dirty under arm smell
...akkkkkhhh......

--5/10

scenturian

As I read the reviews I noticed most of the people complained about the sillage and longevity, but I will not agree.
This has monster sillage and at least 8 hours stable longevity.
Probably nose fatigue.

AntonisZ
AntonisZ

When I tested and bought this Gucci, it was midsummer in Greece and the tobacco dry down indicated that I should better waited until autumn or winter.

Well it's just a few days before Christmas and it's about 8C and I gave it a full day wear first at work, then at home and afterwards at the gym... Unfortunately, this Gucci stopped projecting after 30 minutes from every application. A great disappointment as I really like the blend of tobacco leaves and herbs. I would like to point out that to me it smells more like a green tobacco scent, not the heavy tobacco that we usually find in overpowering male fragrances.

Judging from its minimal longevity and projection during these cold days I believe that this scent suits better the hotter days of spring and summer.

A charming scent with very fragile projection and limited longevity especially during colder days.

Overall rating: 7/10

cyber861
cyber861

کاری بسیار شیک و خوشبو.برازنده آقایان شیک پوش.از لحاظ موندگاری یکم ضعیفه ولی بوش معرکست..واقعا دوست داشتنی برایه همه سنین

AndreAABK
AndreAABK

Its a good perfume, but last is a little poor.

I could say that gucci is cypress + violet passing by the bergamot on the entrance and an excellent elemi on drydown. I dont know why, but reminds me an elegant smell what some people could say "rich smell". Ideal for fall afternoons.

jayscotch34
jayscotch34

Not impressed.

bebozizo83
bebozizo83

special and perfect

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

A lot of marketing, advertising and a lot of little scent !!!!!

tutu1234
tutu1234

This is a good fragrance lasts like hell on you and I would say it's apt for night for those who do not like overpowering sweet fragrances. It will definitely give you Leather, Violet,Cypress, Amber and Jasmine.

*IMP: 'scattolini' and other friends are talking about/confusing this fragrance with 'GUCCI Sport' or GUCCI Pour Homme (This is GUCCI by GUCCI Pour Homme). The Sport version does not last long (this EDT lasts way too long, it does not matter you like it or not, no one can challenge that).....This frag is not citrusy as described by you guys. I think you should delete the review here and take it to GUCCI Sport or the Generic Pour Homme (1). :)

kuba
kuba

i wonder why all these peaple in here got a proptz mad over it!!!!!my be because its Gucci!!!!!.nothing so exception and i would wish to prefer a D&G pour homme to this air freshener

tuscany
tuscany

Smells reall amazing but honestly,I'm totally of Gucci for the time being..Gucci Guilty really killed it for me..stinks so badly..

Gucci Pour Homme is really manly..long lasting and just the scent that wafs around is complimentary...from all the ladies...sexy and manly.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Everyone else here got tobacco leaves, I feel like the dissenting vote on that count. The intensity of that amidst the other elements didn't do it for me.

I gave this a full day's wearing when a Lord & Taylor SA was really pushing this (bad sign, they don't tend to push the products that are already selling well), and it smelled synthetic with an almost after-shave kind of feel. Unfortunately, after-shave usually has some type of sharper character, good or bad. This? For all its elements, the tobacco never seems to bleed through the other components, and only the bergamot jasmine and musk made any lasting impression.

Tobacco? What tobacco? My only positive is that longevity is good...if you end up liking this. If you dislike? Good luck getting this off without a long shower. Huge build up to a big let down.

shortie_91
shortie_91

I got a sample of this, sprayed it on myself and all I smelled was tobacco leaves. I couldn't detect any other note and it pretty much stayed the same for a whole 5 hours until it faded away.
So for those of you who are non-smokers and don't like the smell of cigarettes, be careful since it might not work with your body chemistry. Always spray it on yourself to see if u like it or not.

scattolini
scattolini

Well well well well well.....ithas being a while since my last review...I was soooo tired of sniffing perfumes around until I unfortunately met a smelly / stinky man at metro station..... now even the worst perfumes on Earth could make me intesively happy.
Lets go....I got in touch with this fragrance once in Argentina....a pretty girl who offered me the paper containing the perfume made me soar inside the mall (just to be clear, was indeed the perfume and not the girl)........wonderfull scent, young yet powerful, manly, fresh (but not as the others sport fragrances), citric and colorfull.....at that time I though this could be the one....the perfect perfume!!!
Hence, I decided to buy it.....
intended for 20 or 30 something year-old men, this scent can combine the power of flowers and citrics without becoming ordinary....unique, light, sexy, not woody, not sweet, strong only in the first 30 minutes (at best), great smell despite of poor longevity and projection.....almost every single woman where I work has already complemented me about this frag......
The bottle is beautifully designed, and man, it is really heavy...
Impression: when I wear it, I feel like a clean and modern man, nothing special. Eventhough, sometimes it gets boring and monotone (as mentioned earlier by some other reviewers)

Scent:8/10
Longevity:4/10
Projection 3/10
Scattolinis X-factor: 8/10
Overall: 6/10

Thanks!

jcastano
jcastano

SWAGGER in a bottle! An absolute favorite of mine. Smells somewhat similar to Gucci Pour Homme II but is more youthful, modern, softer, and darker. It's not as sharp and dry as Gucci Pour Homme II nor is it as spicy but instead, more woodsy and floral. The tobacco, leather, and incense blended with the violet make for a very masculine, unique, and sexy scent! It's light, yet deep and mysterious. Good for a night in the club or a special occassion. On my skin, it projects fairly well and longevity is great too. I get 6-10 hours everytime!

I almost turned the other cheek on this one because of the fact that a celebrity was the poster child, but I smelled a strip in a magazine and I was instantly hooked! If you're looking for a something new that's sexy, masculine, modern, yet refined, look no further than this! Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme is a perfect addition to any collection! Get it!

lulabros
lulabros

This is one of the very few fragrances in the world, that i immediately fell in love with, by the time i put it on my skin! . .

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

Gucci by Gucci is a nice EDT. It opens with cypress and violet. After a while, a strong tobacco note appears, giving sophistication and a elegant feeling to this perfume.
It is modern, young, but I can feel something oldschool on the top notes, maybe because Gucci by Gucci is a chypre.
Unfortunatelly Gucci by Gucci didn't last as long as I wish on my skin. I smelled it on my skin for about 5 hours and then it had disappeared.
The bottle is amazing. It's heavy, dark and the cap is beautiful.
I suggest Gucci by Gucci for business man or other man who works with formal clothes.

My final rating: 9.0/10 because don't last much longer.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Just tested this today and loved it! Not sure about projection and longevity though...a bit weak I think. To my nose this smelt like a cross between Chanel's Platinum Egoiste and Puig's Quorum. I think its quite safe but sexy nevertheless. Goes onto my "to buy" list....when I figure out a good excuse for the missus!!

binoybcompany
binoybcompany

Had this one tested almost 6hrs before well its a great scent. IMO a must have, Well planing to get this one but the price is steep here in India 125$ for the 3.4

WH
WH

Initially when this gem was release, I was dissapointed by how bad it smells on the tester paper. It smells awfully sweet and floral on paper for some reasons . Therefore, I highly recommends spraying it on the skin as something magically happens when it mixed with my skin's chemistry. The tobacco is pretty strong in this one, not the smokiness of a cheap bar but a sophisticated gentleman club where everyone puffing a cigar. As it develops the floral notes especially the violet come out and the patchouli plays nicely against the smokiness of the tobacco. If you like Tommy Hilfiger's Loud for Men, you will love this one. While Loud lasted an hour on my skin, Gucci lasted me on average 4-5 hours, so huge thumbs up for that. One of my favourite patchouli scents.
On the side note, I love the bottle design, but anyone else find it hard to yank the cap off?

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Am I the only one who smells cypress on top of leather?! No one else gets leather from this? The leather in this is about the same kind of leather from Aber&Fitch Ezra Fitch...synthetic and masculine. The patchouli is readily apparent, but I really don't get much tobacco with this, and I love tobacco. This scent is nice, safe, and a little on the boring side in my opinion. I'm still stunned that no one else mentioned smelling leather in this frag. A very nice "gateway" fragrance. This is the kind of scent that will excite people who are just starting to explore fragrances, and will surely get them interested in sniffing more. Welcome to the obsession.
The unfortunate side to this fragrance is that it has horrible longevity on my skin. Noticeable for maybe 1-2 hours and gone after 3-4 hours. Its great if I'm trying to stay anonymous and subtle, but I really would have liked this to last a little longer. Love the cypress!
EDIT: The first bottle I bought of this was either a fake (an unbelievably good one, perfect bottle and matching numbers) or the juice was just old. But after getting a new bottle, the longevity has increased markedly. I gave this to my father, as he is not into fragrances at all, and he actually likes this and wears this. That in itself is quite a feat.

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

I know there are mixed opinions, but I love this stuff. I think it is more versatile than the original Gucci Pour Homme. Cypress and tobacco! (plus the other bits; my wife likes the bergamot note.) I love it and am looking forward to wearing it this autumn.

Ash4245
Ash4245

IT's REALLY good stuff too!

oxm
oxm

This perfume is very far from its predecessors in my opinion, because almost everything is played on tobacco and enriched by patchouli and incense, but the predominant note is the tobacco and the result is a fragrance acrid slightly dry and even the cypress opening contributes to this dryness.Not is certainly suited to hot weather, but in winter and autumn the fragrance explodes the great, essential if you are trying to quit smoking, maybe you will make more of a candy company or a chewing gum ,In a few words a great alternative.
perfume +7.5
+10 Package
longevity +9

junglefun
junglefun

A decent cologne by Gucci, I really like the bottle. The juice is 7/10 to me, and doesn't last that long on me.
Also, I would like to add that I definately get the cypress which is nice, but I get a fruitiness with it as well.

patelio
patelio

i kind of liked this one and am looking to buy it, it costs around $ 50 in India, but tell me, do you guys find it too sweet type of a fragrance.

Jordan20
Jordan20

I thought i would like it..maybe i only bought it because of James Franco? lol. But i was prepared to like this one but i was disappointed. Theres a note in this fragrance that just doesn't fit right with me.
All i smell is spice and a light citrus scent which kinda irritated me. I wore this fragrance to a friends birthday dinner and it works okay in the evening but if its a warm day then avoid wearing this fragrance- period. I smelt like crap. I know some people like the mix of spice and citrus but its a combo im not rooting for.

ManicPsych290
ManicPsych290

One of the best. Too strong in very high temperatures. You'll smell like a crisp one-hundred dollar bill fresh out of the Federal Reserve wearing this.

Lasts 8-11 hours.

For winter/spring/fall.

Day or night.

K1
K1

I strongly recommend every man to try it. This is not a normal fresh boring fragrance. Gucci done it nice and simply charming.
GbG is an inoffensive safe and polite fragrance highly proper for when you're host. It literally invites and repulses all negative and confusing energies. It may never bring you compliment but be sure no one would pin it down if you ask.
The scent starts dusty but neat and vivid and fresh with bergamot and violet . The type of tobacco and violet in the middle is hilarious. With a hint of classic 90's barbershop fragrances, it presents faint olibanum sharp smell in a pleasant way at back. Not so describable, must try.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

Good but not as good. Spoiled by Gucci Pour Homme perhaps.

It is smoky, but in a rough sort of aristocratic sense. It is a scent that is not ready to compromise, yet itself is not perfect just yet. It has an unmovable determination, yet not the best one can anticipate out of a cologne of such price.

Try before buying it. Buy it if you are only after the bottle.

I love this one. It's smokey but not very strong. It has its bergamot freshness and clean & clear woodsy feel. The slightly powdery violet is very nice also. It reminds me a little bit of Yves Rocher Comme Une Edivence Homme and a little bit of YSL La Nuit d L'Homme (maybe DSQUARED2 Rocky Mountain too?!), but Gucci is better with a very subtle jasmine! First jasmine that smells masculine!

Overall, it's pretty light for Woody Chypre, so it's easy for anyone to wear and for those who'd like to get into a more sophisticated or grown-up scent. In addition, I just adore the bottle. It's nice and heavy and the cap is solid piece of work. It looks great together with the Sport version.

Papi
Papi

Very interesting smell, yet after a while it gets boring (no offence). Strong and masculine.

6.50/10

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

This is awesome, undescribeable, very complicated and high class. This is for formal occasions; for exaple:office use. The scent and its color match perfectly.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A heavy but pleasant scent. Patchouli and tobacco perfectly blended. No problem with longevity and sillage. A lovely man's scent.

deannab10
deannab10

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme...now this is what a man is supposed to smell like! I find that most of the men's scents that I love have a tobacco note. Gucci has the perfect blending of it in this sensual concoction. My husband wears this fragrance and I absolutely adore it...mmm!

jonnyboy81

Love this stuff. Trying to decide if I am going to get this one or Gucci Pour Homme II. Gucci by Gucci smells to me like a cypressy - black licorice and I love black licorice. It smell expensive. Great job Gucci.

naizzzak
naizzzak

waaaaaaao

i really bought this bottle but it turned out to be veryy weak in projection + sillage > according to the smell waooo really unique and it gets really great mixture to delight any body , i smell the sweetest ever tobbaco and such high candy sweet also s really great but GUCCI pls for the GOD sake make another intense version of this magic just to make the fans of this relax_indusive bottle be more happy with stronger longevity ,sillage and projection.

jakobi3000
jakobi3000

what a classy and sophisticated fragrance...at first i found the top notes to be sharp but they turn into an invorgiating fresh, citrusy scent and then when it dries down its warm and woodsy and smells of incense and tobacco...very masculine and perfect for the winter! Oh and the bottle absolutely gorgeous and sturdy! looks very luxe! Doesn't last quite as long as I want on my skin but lasts a few days on my clothing and scarf! :)

hbstudio14
hbstudio14

Initially I wasn't too sure about Gucci by Gucci but the sales lady insisted this was her favorite. (sales people right?) I took a chance even though I wasn't convinced about how it smelled(on paper). After wearing it, I have to say this is one of my favorites of all time. It smells pleasantly different when applied so don't be so quick to judge based on your initial opinion.

Pros-
Great looking bottle
Elegant and classy smell
Very manly

Cons-
Little bit expensive (but its Gucci)
Smell doesn't last very long, est. 5 hours

Overall, I am very happy I purchased it.

JustinV
JustinV

Top: OMG, it smells a little like Burberry London! That cinnamon, cypress, nutmeg and something creamy-like scent. 1-2 hours mark.

Middle: Synthetic-like leather, the cinnamon, nut meg, dries down and that harsh leather pops in 1 hour mark.

Base: Dry wood, with some tobacco like scent, something synthetic-like scent (was it amber? I don't know) pops out. 1 hour mark.

Good top notes. But bad middle and end notes. I wish the top notes and middle lasted longer.

Quite disappointing on my skin.

Work scent for sure. It is not offending, but there is something from this scent that is edible to me, haha!

You can also use this in college. But not in the clubs for sure, this is super...duper...quiet scent and it cannot draw attention.

TRY scent. Try it on your skin. I got a poor one on this, I don't know about you guys, but if you are looking for a flanker like Burberry London, try this.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works pretty well on both.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 3 (unique, but I have scent this kind before).

Sillage: 3(whiffs, quite close to the skin).

Time length: 1 (hmm....3-4 hours on me, bad....).

Occasion: 4 (almost any occasion).

Overall base on mathematics: 2.75/5

Quite disappointing from the gucci's house. But anyways when it comes to fragrance, I am not a fan of Gucci =p

guest_vasu
guest_vasu

not worth those dollars..

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Instantly reminds me of Davidoff Adventure, one of my favorites. But that's actually a bad thing, because Adventure kicked its arse! The dry down doesn't actually smell like adventure, but another fragrance I can't put my finger on. Also has some CK Free in there.
Overall, it surprised me me by NOT surprising me (yes that makes sense) as I expected Gucci to be a lil more unique. It reminds me of the 3 fragrances in a way that it failed.
Sorry Gucci, it's nice but I prefer the other 2 for that price.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

You know how people pass judgement on others they don't know, but when they've gotten to know that person... they really enjoy their company? That's sort of the case here with Gucci by Gucci. I used to down play this scent. I would say, "its just another spicy fragrance," until it grew on me. Yes it is spicy, but not conquered by herbs. Its so clean and reserved. This is my comfort zone. Glad we got to know each other.

Sigh... an hour later, it's gone generic.

guest_Dimon
guest_Dimon

Yeah, it's a nice fragrance! À premier vue, it feels not really that deep, I mean not like shit. I'd say on heart notes you start distinguishing some bizarre i'd say horse shit scent. And finally it all ends with some spicy notes of a dead cat. Delicious, Gucci, congrats, you've surprised us all!

boring, predictable, common, short life = bad

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

unfortunately, has in Brazil a similar cologne called Styletto Silver, by O Boticário brand. Sillage and longevity between both are the same. Booooring for this

andy

i would strongly reccomend this stuff i accidentally bought the aftershave and it still lasted hours and i got lots of compliments from it

highly reccomended

Valentino
Valentino

I remember actually being annoyed in the department store when I tried this on. It's not that it's a bad fragrance, it's just so middle of the road! I guess I wanted it to be something special because it's the flagship men's Gucci and in terms of desirability alone that makes it a blind purchase for some.

Well, that's a shame, because it is overpriced dross. The top notes could easily have come from any men's fragrance of the last ten years.(I was particularly reminded of Dunhill's X-Centric which I like). This is the violet, bergamot and tobacco mix which is masculine in a very obvious way and offers no surprise or delight whatsoever.

The drydown (if you can stay awake that long) is a predictable patchouli/amber affair. I had the same drydown from my Tuscany Uomo by Aramis over twenty years ago.

What Gucci really needs to do here is go 'Nuit de' on GpH's ass! Give me some romance, some mystery. I really want to wear a Gucci frag, but this ain't it!

mbg3664
mbg3664

This is above average fresh scent for hot weather (I live in Southeast Asia). The longevity is WOW. It still could smell the trail after 24-hour (incl 2x shower). It could be my second layer of fav perfumes

guest_Dior Addict
guest_Dior Addict

Right on, this is my first and last blind buy of my life, only good luck i bought the 50ml and not the 100, because i normally buy the 100ml, it begins very nicely but in no times fades in to pure caffine type wet tobacco,now it is not a perfume any body feels but wet ciggi ash on cloths. But another good thing it vanishes in 2 hours max, Yes LONGEVITY is Extra shit .
So must try before buying.

jazzgirl

I was reading some of the other comments, and it is true that this one doesn't seem to last a long time. That was my fiance's only complaint.

jazzgirl

This smells amazing on my fiance. I highly recommend it. It's a very nice masculine scent with a crisp citrusy opening that evolves into a warmer woody scent thanks to the tobacco, patchouli and amber notes.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Me and couple of my friends bought this one few months ago....and i must say that it's just waste of money ! it never lasts more then an hour or so! Comes up very clean and fresh in starting but with in mins it starts getting rusted then when it vanishes no one knows but thanks god it vanishes or you will smell like a wet ash tray with rotten ciggerate buds ! SO FAILED

definitely,this is a fragrance for a strong man.it's not classic,but it's official and I second it has a very strong tobacco note which makes it good for smokers.but surprisingly I don't like it very much.I get something aggressive and dominant in it,which makes me uncomfortable,maybe it's because of chypre smelling.
by the way it doesn't smell the way it's female version(which I adore)smells like.but the long lasting power is too good,almost makes me nervous.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I like this fragrance - I would say it smells qite sweet initially and I wouldnt class it as a woody chypre at all , Very expensive though but its nothing unique either

its a pretty nice scent its not to overpowering but it still is noticable, cant say that is lasts long maybe 3 hrs if your lucky. I can really smell tobaco in it, its just a nice clean smell with hints of wood, the saleslady at saks said it was a soapy scent i agree and disagree with that, i think the woody smell is the potent part at first as it wears it becomes more of the soapy smell. in my opinion it can be worn in any month of the year but colder crisp months are the best.

bwcw81

The sales person told me if you are a smoker, this is a very good fragrance for you! As it's blend that tobacco scent with other scent that make it special. I was in doubt and ask her:" What if I am not a smoker?" She keep quite and don't know how to answer me.

I tested it and it is very heavy in tobacco scent, luckily it can't last more than 3 hours on me, else I will end up smelling like an ash-tray .....

ohhhdude
ohhhdude

i love this fragrance. all the notes in Gucci by Gucci is wonderful. it has that tobacco scent without giving you cancer. lol i think this fragrance is all year around one and any occasion type.

ausamamira
ausamamira

The smell is very ordinary soft and nice but very subtle that you may not even smell yourself, save your money for something more useful.....

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme is certainly nice, but a little too safe in my opinion.

A sales assistant described this fragrance as being sweet, however I do not agree. I'm also not very convinced that this is a woody chypre.

I'd say that this fragrance is more of a woody aromatic. The scent is refreshing, masculine, yet bland. A little like Only The Brave by Diesel.

The cypress and bergamot opening, while somewhat unique, needs more strength. I appreciate that Gucci wanted to produce something modern and stylish, however they failed, creating something rather generic.

I agree with the reviewer Acc, that Gucci by Gucci pour Homme "is not meant to be vibrant, virile, sexy, attractive to women, refreshing or fancy." I do understand that. However from a female's perspective, women like their men to wear a fragrance that is memorable, something that they may smell elsewhere yet connect to you with fondness. This fragrance just doesn't seem to have that ability.

The scent dries down to something rather musky and subtle. Unfortunately the unique notes like elemi resin and olibanum aren't standouts here.

The lasting strength is very poor, terrible in fact, which is very disappointing. I do still recommend this fragrance, however not with upmost enthusiasm.

guest_HighLander72
guest_HighLander72

My wife bought me this.. and lets face it, all that really matters is whether your special lady likes it! It has a confident,refined and (I'm told) sexy soft scent that is perfect to wear to the office. It probably doesn't suit 30 something boys who haven't grown up yet looking for something to wear to clubs in order to "pull" chicks. They can stick with the chav over fruity "pay me attention" scents.

BReview
BReview

Only the bottle is nice.For the rest poor longevity,poor projection and smells like after smoking a sigaret or two

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

A nice woody/spicy fragrance. Nothing unigue nothing particular. Avearge projection with poor longevity.
I give it 5.5 out of 10.

bwcw81

This scent is classic and appears very "formal", suitable for office daily wear! The first note remind me DKNY Men 2009 - very fresh scent! But I like the dry down as it remind me Bvlgari Aqva pour Homme - dry mild tea + amber scent! Macho and classic! Nice fragrance for macho men!

behzad1280
behzad1280

Nice, safe and clean scent but not unique at all.
Suitable for wearing at office.

یک ادکلن مردونه با بوی بسیار شیک و مدرن
اما حس میکنم زیاد بی مانند نیست
جون میده برای محل کار و دفتر
دوام و پخش بوی مناسبی داره

gianmarco
gianmarco

Mont Blanc Homme Exceptionel and this cologne have the same dry down scent, pretty wierd how they almost smell identical!!! still both excellent

bronstein
bronstein

The bottle itself is a statement: Those guys from Gucci tried to create something that lasts. Let's wait and see if it becomes a classic, but already now one may state that this one will never be completely out of style.

guest_Issey Mee
guest_Issey Mee

I just got a bottle for my self . and this is a wonderful frangrance
imo this is great to wear to office.
Classy smell :)

guest_Vanessaahhh
guest_Vanessaahhh

OMG so I was looking for a cologne for my boyfriend for Xmas, smelling all the scents in macy's but none of them had me sold. Then I smelled this, and I was sold "I HAVE to get this for him" I told my friend :] i cant wait for Christmas so I can smell it on him. Its soooo hot. yum P:

A Favorite of mine. Its not a fresh & fruity type cologne - so not something youd wear to the gym, out with the guys or just for the heck of it. This is for being casual or professional....or sensual. It is subtle yet distinctive. colognes can be overpowering or have too soft an edge for you to feel like it was made for men - it isnt a problem here.
whereas other colognes say 'im sexy, cant you smell me?' this one says 'you dont have to say it - we already know Im sexy'
lol

andy

just got it yesterday and someone in a scent shop told me this is smellin SO good so its a hot buy and that was just the aftershave

as for the scent this explores new areas ive heard terms like "generic" this is a modern scent made into a chypre... VERY FEW scents have this quality and in this case it works like a miracle and has a very nice masculine edge that is hard to find in many scents

ive gotto say this is the way to go if u wanna smell good

vdxl
vdxl

The bottle is nice but the juice, is very generic, like the fragrance you would put in a laundry cleaner. Salty, just a hint of spice, calone, a souless leather note that would evoke a chypre scent bottle from the 80s diluted with a lot of water. It is sad to know that Gucci Rush for Men is discontinued and this crap is alive.

audacks
audacks

This is a great cologne. I have been using gucci by gucci for a month now and I am still uncovering different notes of it still.
I work for a long time, and need a scent that will last through the day. This fragrance performs well in that it does last me throughout the day.
I have a friends (particularly girls/women) found my cologne quite appealing.
it does quite enhance your professional and yet your sexual traits in the user.
So dudes get this its worth it!!!

guest_jessie
guest_jessie

I dated a guy that wore this cologne this past summer.
O.M.G..
It didn't work out btwn me and the guy but I loved this scent so much I have twice gone to dept stores to spritz the little paper sticks with this stuff.
I don't miss him but i do miss smelling this cologne! LOL

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

i LOVE this one.4real!all i can say is EXCELLENT!

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I want to buy this but i just can't! I found it on sale but i can't get over the tobacco in it. I'm on the prowl for a woody/spicy cologne but everytime i wear one i just get a headache.

I really do like the citrusy opening and spicy undertone, but like i said, eventually my head will start to throb.

I also cant get over the fact it smells like "Dad". Or a man in a suit and tie. An older, sophisticated man. I dont even own a suit or tie. Its almost as if im forcing myself to like it since i found it on sale. Don't get me wrong though, its a great scent but it's just not my style, sadly. I dont smoke either so i guess i really can't appreciate this fragrance. Blah.

By the way, if your dad wears this, +2 kudos to him!

scenturian

I immediately bought it just after 2 sampling when it was launched since i liked the previous gucci line very much.
Smokey, minty, violety, sweety notes captured me which were fantastic.
But after some usage it started to cloy me, as one of the reviewers mentioned below some days it is great some days boring. The days when it bores i smell much leathery drydown which reminds me something medical.
Well i dont know what to say if i like it or not. Confused really.
Btw it is safe and clean scent, and longevity is minimum 10+ hours on me, sillage is excellent.
Can be worn to office easily.

Mpirev
Mpirev

At first sight i love it, then i read very negative reviews about it, but for me this is a very classy, great fragrance!There`s style in this scent!I thing that connoisseurs and a part of consumers will appreciate this one, and this will be the right!

snobuni77
snobuni77

I have to say My man got a sample of this & I really liked it....Shall I say ..It was a pleasant surprise. I was honestly a little worried because the reviews it has here are awful.
I have to admit I haven't smelled that many Mens scents lately so I may not be one to judge but this was a nice Change from the CK Escape he usually wears.
It isn't to overpowering or to Fru Fru & I think it is great for the upcoming crisp spring weather.
It was a very refreshing scent without being citrus"y" & yet remaining to be very masculine.I have always been a sucker for calm woodsy scents & this one definitely one me over

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Not very original at all. At least the bottle is nice.

I tested it yesterday and I liked its citrus start, but then its drydown reminded several other fragrances. Everything seemed very pale and boring.

Well, I guess that if you're starting your perfume collection, this may be a great choice, but if you already have several perfumes, save your pennies and invest in something else different.

crfan
crfan

Top quality fragrance that makes you stand out anywhere you go. Has a classical edge which is utterly charismatic.

Raab
Raab

I like this one, not too sweet and the tobacco is niiice. My favorite of the other mens gucci's

nikornplay
nikornplay

this scent make me feel like I am a sexy wearing suit guy but not too elegant ,women fall for me . incense amber and tobacco is best matching. And It stay for long time.really love wearing this Gucci for romance mood.

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

this is for mature men, or businessmen. elegant and opulent, remembers me antaeus, yes... it's like a light modern version of antaeus.

asfa

my dear frend wwwusa all ppl in the start , if the buy 1 perfume the dont have clear opinion, but after 1 month or 1 year some times (like perfume dreamer by versace so deferent in the first month)the change an tell good things about this perfume like me

asfa

in my last rewiews i dont speak good for this 1,but i change and i thing every day its more sexy ans strong,all gerls in my city ask my about this perfume,sexyyyyyyyyy spicyyyyyyyy and unigeeeeeeeeeeee go for it

jareco.07
jareco.07

Like everyone else has said in this review, ths fragrance does not stand out, its nothing special, but it does go well with a suit and tie. its a very formal fragrance, with a touch of spicy wood

acc
acc

Classic yet modern, easy to wear and unique. This is not for bar/club, sport, casualwear/dailywear. Meant to be used with suit and tie.
Most reviews on the web claim that this is a disappointment from Gucci but i guess they could not figure out the right way to use this fragrance.
The colorless ad should give you a nice opinion about the fragrance. This is not vibrant, virile, sexy and was not meant to attract women or refresh you or be fancy.
This is just the signature of a prestigious, modern, serious and accomplished man.

asfa

i take it yestardy its nice very spicy ant smels very strange.gerls tell me nice permume its for nicht

alabangcute
alabangcute

Nothing fancy. Smells like those generic colognes you see at Marks & Spencer. Common and forgettable. Pour Homme 2 is better.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

James Franco and this scent is really the same. Both aren't attractive enough. The outside is ok. It's even very sparkling. But the inside is very...nothing to talk about. It's fresh. It's soft. The opening is very...headache because of all the nothing new ingredients combining with eachother. Modern, young, fresh. Just so. The base notes are not something new or special.
This scent is good for young people. It's easy to sniff, easy to use. But it's lack of its own character. You use it, people around you smell it, then give you so many diffirent scent names.

it's guite simmilar to hermes scent - in my opinion gucci is better. it's really nice

dgoosenberg
dgoosenberg

I was just given a sample of this at the mall and it smells great! Light and citrusy top notes and then it goes into a really nice woody scent. Definitely one of the top colognes I've smelled recently, I'm going to have to pick one up.

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci 3.87 out of 5 based on 1037 ratings and 184 user reviews

Aftershave 1.7oz
Gucci Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme 3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gucci Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme Sport 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gucci Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme Sport 2.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 1.6oz
Gucci Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme Coffret Edt Spray 50ml 1.6oz After Shave Balm 50ml 1.6oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.6oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.