Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Gucci pour Homme Gucci for men
dislike

I have it: 1317 I had it: 500 I want it: 764 My signature: 47

smoky

Gucci pour Homme follows in the footsteps of Gucci eau de parfum for women.It’s the essence of Gucci man, ment for a gentleman that’s mature and self-confident, well-dressed in refined, expensive tailored suit (a tie is a must, of course). The composition relies on the warm notes of spices, woods and amber. Top notes are Artemisia, basil, bergamot, lavender, lemon, petitgrain, ginger and papyrus wood. Its heart is composed of the notes of geranium, cedar, jasmine, patchouli, pink pepper, pimento and sandalwood. The base is warm thanks to amber, incense, musk, Tonka bean, vanilla, vetiver and sage.

Its square bottle is heavy with an elegant square cap. The color of the juice promises a warm and spicy experience. It was created by Michel Almairac in 2003.

Artemisia Ginger Papyrus Lavender Basil Petitgrain Bergamot Lemon

Carnation Patchouli Pink Pepper Sandalwood Orris Root Jasmine Cedar Geranium

Labdanum Leather Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Incense Sage Vetiver

Comme des Garcons 2 Man
Carbone de Balmain

Gucci pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

I was amazed to find a 50ml tester of Gucci Pour Homme at a fragrance outlet shop a few months ago. It had less than 10ml's of juice left in it. With one spray I instantly understood why this scent has so many devoted fans and why there's such an outcry about this masterpiece being discontinued. I paid $25 for the almost empty bottle.

Gucci Pour Homme is incredible! Without a doubt, this is one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled. It's my number one fragrance for winter. This stunning creation has been my gateway drug to the realm of deep, woody, smoky scents.

All the associations with ancient churches, cathedrals and monasteries are perfectly fitting. It's so evocative of centuries-old mahogany pews and sacred rites involving chanting and the burning of incense. I feel like I'm being anointed when I apply this heavenly scent.

With my limited supply, I knew I had to either find an excellent substitute, or track down a full bottle and pay the high asking price this precious stuff goes for these days.

This predicament led me to two wonderful fragrances that are somewhat similar - Comme des Garcons 2 Man and Amouage's Memoir Man. The Comme des Garcons scent is not as rich and warm as the Gucci and it has a dryer, sharper edge due to a pine-type note. Memoir Man is different as well - it's much darker and smokier. If it wasn't for Gucci Pour Homme, I may not have discovered my love for these other woodsy, incense-based fragrances.

But there's only one Gucci Pour Homme. And like they say, accept no substitutes. So when a full, new-in-box 50ml bottle became available via a local auction site, my prayers were answered and I snapped it up.

Hallelujah, praise be to Gucci.

silentman26
silentman26

Intense, woody, spicy. A beautiful blend of Incense and Leather. A spicy opening of Ginger and Pink Pepper that intensifies every note. Lasts long, projects well, spray only twice. The perfect winter perfume. A true masterpiece.

pomusthafa
pomusthafa

What a smell,no comparison any other frag.first one I purchased from dubai duty free &the second one from calicut india.best dry down I had ever.please help me to get one.

Senzadite

I would like to trade a full new wraped bottle of this for one of the following (full new bottle also)

Robert Piguet Oud

Montale Aoud Musk

Montale Black Aoud

Thank you!

elprinc
elprinc

remind me with first lady i date ever ,she bought me this perfume twice as a gift ,

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Gucci Pour Homme I opens with a really delicate, subtle, sheer, yet captivating and interesting appearance which definitely whispers "2000s" to me – the era of creative, elegant synthetics like Cuiron and Yohji Homme, with which in fact Gucci Pour Homme shares some slight and general affinity, although tending more towards a trendy elegance, less experimental and less avantgarde. I must start by saying also that I've never been a fan of Gucci (considering the other two "holy grails", Envy for Men and Rush Men, I find them barely decent/nice), so what follows is not really ruled by "hype" enthusiasm. Anyway: Gucci Pour Homme I is basically a sophisticated, spicy woody-incense scent, quite linear and simple, with ginger, cinnamon, a little tonka rounding the base notes, slight floral powdery notes, and obviously the two main characters – woods (cedar) and incense, that is to say a "pencil sharpener" effect achieved with a remarkable dose of Iso E Super. Clean, sharp, "brown" as its colour. Other notes I smell and I see in the composition are patchouli and a more-than-subtle leather note, after a while also a (synthetic) vetiver note, and a darker woody note which comprises a nice coffee nuance. I don't get the rest of the notes listed, but Gucci Pour Homme I is actually a really tight and dense scent, and it's quite hard to dissect it into notes and accords – so in other words I guess all the rest is there, somewhere, blended and conceived so well I can't even notice it. It must be the fact this scent was one of the first to have this approach to masculine scents, this postmodern clean, sharp, sophisticated elegance, understated yet totally unique, but it's undoubtedly, terribly good, with just... something more than dozens of others which subsequently imitated it. I can't explain why, but despite showing some rather common notes, you just feel terribly good and elegant wearing it, and you keep coming back to smell it. It may smell "generic" at first, but instead this modest, clean discretion hides a beautiful, perfectly executed blend of nuances and notes. I love this ability to "hide" the complexity behind discretion and whiteness. Nonetheless, I would not consider this the masterpiece it appears to be, and I personally find the prices quite insane. Just a good, almost great scent to grab in case of good deals.

K1
K1

Certainly Gucci Pour Homme 2003 is one of the best masculine fragrances ever made. It is of those fragrances happen to appear once in ten years that attracts the line of copier descendants. Of course, successful perfumes will be hacked and ripped off by untalented or talented but uncreative greedy perfumers and companies who just aim money and not perfume. And it seriously was not easy to attract the whole markets into your side by a perfume, cause 2003 was an astonishingly profitable year for companies that have made tremendous money worldwide only from fragrances.
Anyway, Pour Homme which is now pricy like Ali Baba’s treasure; if found somewhere; is the herald of that glittery year and still is an emblem of “perfume” in its literal meaning. Still after all these niche releases, after all these warm, sexy, blah blah releases it gives you goosebumps and feel enchanted.
Discontinuing Gucci Pour Homme was a shock, immense as that for Gucci Pour Homme 1976. This was indeed an unwise; and much worse; disloyalty Gucci now was notorious for. Tom Ford; however; is known as the number one suspect of this gloomy incident although he made name and money for himself and caught on the markets! Definitely, for his olfactory career he owes M7 and Gucci Pour Homme not even any single brilliant perfume of his own Private Collection.
Anyway, all I can do know is grab my 20ml remaining with two hands, keep it in dark cool place and wear it miserly! Or, dig every corner of every market to find a bottle and pay everything they offer hope it’s not spoiled!
This scent is described thoroughly. Even I had a review down this page three years ago which I erased cause I felt so uninformative among so many brilliant reviews here written by heart!
But let me finish it with just an add; Gucci Pour Homme is the very aromatic base of our marriage! This was the first perfume my girlfriend; then, and now my wife; complemented “this is a mesmerizing sexy lady trap!” and it indeed is!

tluciano7
tluciano7

One of the best fragrances to ever be put on the market. Sadly it is discontinued.

jovejove

I wish they would bring this back. It was probably one of the best scents out there. When Gucci rebranded themselves, I think they did a poor job in making every fragrance very generic. There's nothing unique about the fragrance division anymore.

Tiger84
Tiger84

Dry nutty wonder of cedar and incense. Dry woods, fits the colour of the bottle perfectly. A wonderful hazelnut brown scent.
After a bolder application I realise it is even more complex: the spices come out, and they are so real that it's hard to decide if I want to sneeze or not. I will cherish my sample.

Jack_Hunter

On the opening I'm getting spicy woody incense that is smoky and peppery.

The woods do become more like pencil shavings in the drydown. The scent also starts to smell like Indian food mixed with woody incense.

The projection is close to the skin and the scent can only really be smelled if smelled up close. Also the longevity was only a couple of hours.

Virkrattan
Virkrattan

I have 50ml bottle of this fragrance.4 spray used.
Let me know if anyone interested..

Australia only.

Danziger
Danziger

Return of the King? Bentley for Men Absolute. The scent was launched in 2014 and the fragrance was created by Michel Almairac (Gucci PH)
Top Notes: Ginger, Pink peppercorn, Frankincense
Middle Notes:Papyrus, Atlas cedarwood, Sandalwood
Base Notes: Oud, Ambergris, Moss
Available from June 1 at Harrods, costs £110 for 100ml...

GianGG
GianGG

As the comment below say, it smells a lot like Comme des Garçons 2 MAN. But the small difference make all difference. I find 2 Man just ok. But I love this one.
2 MAN smells more synthetic. Pour homme 1 is really intoxicating. I don't have this strange intoxicating alchemy in 2MAN.
Pour homme 1 is one of my favourites of all time. I wonder who have discontinued this exellent perfume.
Nowadays, Fragrances don't have the same quality.
I hope they will relaunch it.
4,5/5

zaetown
zaetown

Ive been reading a lot of reviews on GPH after i stumbled upon it at a small fragrance stand at the mall, and heard nothing but good things. So i decided to blind buy it today after i discovered that it was discontinued and hard to find. Went back immediately to purchase it and the guy gave me an awesome deal on it. I took one sniff at the counter and i was sold. Sooo goood and very masculine and truly is a masterpiece. I feel like im on another level of suave confidence when i wear it.

Hugged my daughter 30mins after an application and to my suprise she said in her precoius voice "you smell good daddy", that was all the approval i needed :)

czoekbujny
czoekbujny

This is the fragrance I have for few years and it never gets boring!

My father bought me a bottle couple of years ago, he always loved this perfume. Those times I have thought - this is how elegant, REAL MAN should smell. It is very mysticous, woody.
I am giving 5 starts for this masterpiece!

P.S. If some of you need a BIG BOTTLE of it I have great supplier, he have authentic Gucci Pour Homme in stock for price like 60$ with shipping.or cheaper for those who do not live in USA.

I will give contact only to limited people because I do not want him to get "too famous", I will need a bottle in near future so I hope you won't buy it all...
You can mail me, I will give you contact and details: czoekdidus@gmail.com

bartoagung
bartoagung

cant find it here now in Jakarta. i love this. still looking forward to get this again. did they still continuing with this or not?

Vignesh_Dhakshina
Vignesh_Dhakshina

One of close friend gifted me this perfume. I've never been a big fan of Woody fragrances. I really love the way the perfume starts off and then its kinda stays with a log. Not a big fan.

I looked up in ebay the price, gosh its $150. DAMNN R u kidding me

honeykv
honeykv

Was looking for this perfume for loooonnngggg time

Nobody had in stock and ebay was too expensive

To my surprise an old chemist shop near my friends place had 5, 30ml travel spray bottles
and I bought them all and at a very cheap $20 per bottle

Its a masterpiece, sandalwood and incense done good.

Must have in your collection if you are a fume head.

Must try before you buy as its not for everyone.

fabdamico
fabdamico

For those of you who miss this divine elixir like I do, you should try Odin No7. It isn't as heavy on the incense (which I absolutely love about Gucci pour homme) but is quite similar. I wish Gucci would bring this absolutely perfect cologne back. I should have bought a couple of bottles when I had the chance! Ho hum.

CDGfan

Its a wonderful Frankincense and Cedar fragrance.
I actually find this better than TF's Sahara Noir because of its multi dimensional qualities.

Curse the creative director of Gucci Giannini for discontinuing this masterpiece.

kiviivi
kiviivi

Epic sandalwood with light smoky note

dlrayrn
dlrayrn

I love the incense and cedar with plenty of other accompaniment to keep it evolving. My Wife enjoys it as well. This is one of my favorite fragrances. I wear it to work with three sprays on my t-shirt, under my scrubs. I am able to catch a pleasant whiff throughout my 12 hour shift, without projecting obnoxiously. I can see the horror in the eyes of some people that would save this for a special occasion and can understand, given that it is discontinued. I work in an Intensive Care Unit and most days I need something a little special. Sometimes to help me along during difficult situations, sometimes to celebrate.
My only complaint is the note of chalky vanilla that develops later in the dry down. It's ok, vanilla is just not my favorite. To my nose; Comme Des Garcons Man2 is a similar fragrance, but replaces the vanilla dry down with spice notes. It is a shame this was discontinued, but there are other fish in the sea.

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

A lot has been said about this AMAZING fragrance... Bought it back in 2003, and I must say it took I while to grow on me... Time only enhances quality and without a doubt, this is one of the classics. I won't dissect the fragrance, but let me just say that the blend of incense, pepper, cedar and the distant, yet enveloping smell of patchouli creates an aura that can only be described with one word: sophistication. It is truly a shame this has been discontinued. Distant cousins are out there (namely, Fan di Fendi)but nothing comes close to the class of GPH.

Jason Bogie
Jason Bogie

Yesterday in a Lush store I smelled a perfume oil which I could have sworn was an exact replica of GPH.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

This juice is an absolute Jewel!!! It's also a really desirable/attractive and masculine fragrance which Gucci launched. I also agree with everyone who would like to have this frag back in the market. I don't know why they would stop making this BEASTLY frag when so many want it? There are numerous other frag such as original Polo, CK Obsession, Armani classic and Davidoff Cool Water just to name a few proves that someone out there is still willing to buy it.
Now about this AMAZING FRAGRANCE...When I first spray it on my skin I'm able to smell the woodsy/spicy/leathery luxurious aroma which totally reminds me of Bel Ami from Hermes. A lot of the same note are in both which explains why I'm able to make the connection.
The opening herbal notes of basil, bergamot and ginger gives it a real aromatic aroma.
To me the heart of this frag comes from cedar, sandalwood, leather, pink pepper as well incense altogether it gives that woodsy-smokey aroma which is perfectly balanced with the other notes.
Gucci added a combo of floral notes which works well with the woodsy notes with the slight warm/sweet scent from vanilla, tonka beans, musk and finally amber which makes this frag a high quality fragrance which craves attention when your wearing it.
Longevity and Silage are EXTREMELY high-quality lasting well past 10hrs on my skin.
Overall opinion about this fragrance...
This fragrance doesn't need anything else that would make it a better frag. Final thoughts...to me this frag is a real gem, I certainly rate this frag 100% Bravo Gucci. ☆☆☆☆☆
Please bring it back. :((((

Manny44
Manny44

I've used about three tester spray bottles of this over the last few months and was entranced by the clean-clear
cedar woodiness of the scent, so I just puchased a 1.7 oz new bottle from ebay and Its only now that I'm feeling the full blast of the incense....woah baby...this an incense bomb- how did I miss such a powerful note on my initial sprays. Maybe it needed the big blast of juice from a full size atomizer. Smells like a freshly-sharpened pencil.A classic.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Someone I know once said that Gucci PH's 2003 release was "boring" but probably the best choice "if you want to impress others." I always felt this particular correlative comparison of quality to usability was the very definition of "cognitive dissonance," because if something takes pride of place in impressing people, it can't possibly be boring. Sure, it can be unoriginal, derivative, but Gucci Pour Homme is one thing it cannot be. This is a simple marvel, the best reason to pay attention early on in a fragrance's development since Kouros. Incense, pink pepper, geranium, and ginger are up front, eventually ceding way to incense, labdanum, and cedar. Does it do much else? No, but it doesn't have to, because the balance is perfect, the aroma chemicals used are well above designer grade, and the scent is divine.

oscar.mlk
oscar.mlk

Potion by Dsquared2 is a good alternative.

Hmm.......
If I vant to by a cent wery cimilar to G pH....What do I by then ?

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

discontinue in my country.. :((

dubairob
dubairob

Twenty six notes listed, a clearly complex fragrance, with broad acclaim from those who love great scents, and yet this fragrance raises more questions about the fragrance industry and the way we perceive greatness than we may feel comfortable with.

One does not have to be enthusiastic very long about men's fragrances before realizing that Gucci Pour Homme is something of a benchmark for how many other fragrances are regarded. Coming up as a commonly liked item in any search you may undertake on any quality designer fragrance, it has also shaped the appreciation of so many great fragrance reviewers on this site and elsewhere. And yet, Gucci Pour Homme is just over ten years old and has been discontinued for at least the last few years. It is the one fragrance that shows up so severely the disconnect between the priorities of the fragrance industry and the appreciation of the true fragrance connoisseurs.

Alongside this is the question of the greatness of the fragrance itself. Even though twenty six notes are listed, the dominant notes here - incense and cedar - are unquestionably the star players, so much so that it begs the question how do all these other notes play a role...if that is what they do. Personally, I am sure Michel Almairac's almost singular skill is such that only a small handful of people actually know the reason why each and every note here is used - a little like the reason why the specific configuration of instruments is used in, for example, a Mahler symphony.

But what of the fragrance itself? Does it warrant the merit? It is true that it is a beautiful and complex fragrance, coming across as a slightly boozy pencil-shavings and incense combination from the the outset which stays more or less linear through the life of the fragrance. It does smell of quality ingredients and although many fragrances may quote Gucci Pour Homme, none can quite match its singular approach. However, the drawbacks - and they are significant - relate to the performance: it is simply a little too fleeting with projection that does not live up to expectations (at least on my skin).

All said, Gucci Pour Homme is a great fragrance - and one that I was fortunate enough to acquire for a very good price even when discontinued - but in a world of many other great fragrances, the asking price at the moment is simply not worth it.

Gucci Pour Homme is a great fragrance - probably one of the best in the last twenty years - but it is certainly not the Holy Grail of scents that it is sometimes purported to be. At least to me....

Realy love it !
But it dosent last very long..

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

I am glad I could find 30ml Travel Sprays boxed and luckily I picked up 5 Bottles for my future use !!!
This perfume is very good woody smell..
Love it sooo much..Even being discontinued I was lucky to find them her at the local store.

Guys if you are looking up for Gucci Pour Homme 1 30ml Travel Spray in India you can pm me .
I have kept some extra pieces
Let me know thanks

Sirius86
Sirius86

Smells like church incense. It is very similar to Armani's Bois d'Encens from the Prive range probably because of the cedar, labdanum and vetiver for that is what they share. However, Bois d'Encens is much stronger I reckon but this is the next best thing. Don't know why it was discontinued.

tgnetz
tgnetz

This is an amazing fragrance and my first adult purchase. It was a defining scent. Before this I had my collection of minuscule splashes and sprays acquired over the years from various stocking stuffers. Preferred Stock? Stetson Sierra? Jovan Musk? British Sterling? Aspen? That bottle marked "MUSK" and manufactured in Brooklyn from the 1970s?

Gucci pour Homme was different. It was sophisticated. I found the woods and spices to be very heavy but worth it. The mixture of citrus, herbs, florals is complex and with each wear I have a difficult time distinguishing each note. The smell is long lasting and the projection is there.

This fragrance marked a new era. I wore it on my first internship. The establishment of new friendships. Sadly, funerals. This scent has been there for so many defining moments. Perhaps when I die there would be one more dose left to accompany my lifeless body.

Bart Hostens
Bart Hostens

WHY DID THEY DISCONTINUE THIS??? WHYYYYYYYYY???? Is there anything like it out there? Besides M7 (which I also have, but stil prefer GPH)? Or is there a master copycat perfumer out there who can duplicate this for me?

cytherian
cytherian

"Cedar and Sandalwood -- perfect together!"

There are so many cedar and sandalwood focused fragrances out there. But GPH is the only one I've found that brings these two and so many other great notes together so seamlessly.

What I've come to find is that some notes aren't there to be recognized, but more for the purpose of taming others. The vanilla, bergamot, lavender, tonka bean, and ginger keep the cedar+sandalwood and vetiver in check from becoming too harsh. But pimento? Pink pepper? I never would have thought it.

This is "one of the greats". And unfortunately, more people are coming to know of this. I've watched over the course of 3 months (Oct, Nov, Dec) the prices jumping over 50%. My suspicion is that it's just the cold and holiday season that is doing it. Come spring, I hope prices will become more sane. Because it's not like this is scarce. Gucci made a TON of this stuff. So despite it being discontinued, there's plenty of inventory still to be had. Definitely don't overpay for this. I'm running off of samples right now, waiting to buy a bottle down the road. You should be able to obtain it for no more than $1/1ml. 9.5/10.

weaselize

Why do they always discontinue the good ones? Because procter & gamble took over Gucci and focused on developing cheap synthetic stuff for the mainstream massmarket. Quality don,t matter anymore, only the money matters for procter & gamble. An understandable logic for them but too bad for the perfume lovers like us who appreciate some quality and distinctive juice. While Tom Ford left the building because he was too expensive for P&G and went on his own, of course procter & gamble also had to (unfortunately) discontinue the great fragrances from the Ford era to be sure to sell their garbage to the world. well not to me for sure. So why did they discontinue the great ones? Economical, simply economical, thee scrooges

MachoMan
MachoMan

Why do they always discontinue the best parfumes :(
this one is my favourite from this house.. Such quality, such bottle design it makes me think of how parfumes are really really great thing..

Very dry and woodsy fragrance with prominent incense note in it, it will always have special place in my heart.. I'm going through my last bottle of this and hopefully i will find some backup bottles soon, because i'm really nervous of being left without this stuff :(

originaldeftom

In typical manner, successors tend to destroy everything that their precessors left (whether successful or not is secondary) as every designer or CEO wants to leave their own legacy. However, it is horrible to see lion cubs being killed by the new Lion(ess) in the pride...and that is exactly what Frida Giannini did with GUCCI p.h. as it was the last coup that Tom Ford has landed for the brand back in 2003, the year of his departure.
He obviously left with a bang as his collection was snapped up like there was no tomorrow.

I stocked up and still have 2 mint ones but for those who want a close 2nd, perhaps try the new slightly more feminine "Sahara Noir" or the slightly more floral "Oud Fleur" or the darker "Memoir" by AMOUAGE.

marycon
marycon

Wintertime. The rain just stopped. A walk in the woods inhaling mostly the pine trees. Simply magnificent fragrance!!!
Update: A woman friend of mine said to me that i smell like......church. You know what?? I took it as a compliment!!!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

When I fell in love with Envy I had to look into the other Gucci fragrances from the Tom Ford era and I knew that I would like this one.. Well I ordered a bottle awhile ago.. When I first saw the bottle I was in awe at how gorgeous it is.. Just the bottle shows the quality of this fragrance.. I went to spray it on my wrist and somehow the sprayer malfunctioned and juice squirted all over the bottle and I got a huge whiff of this magnificent dry woody incense fragrance.. It smelled just like how I would picture an ancient church.. It opens with this magnificent dry cedarwood smell that is so exotic and complex but it is hard to explain.. I think the papyrus and cedar is what I am smelling.. It immediately starts to morph into deep smoky woods and lots and lots of incense and a hint of amber.. The incense is definitely frankincense, and it is executed perfectly.. This is by far the best frankincense type of fragrance I have come upon.. There are so many different notes that they become very hard to distinguish.. It is very complex and as soon as you spray it, it shows! Gucci Pour Homme definitely smells like a modern interpretation of a classic fragrance, perhaps from the 70s.. The bottle also gives a sense of nostalgia.. I happened to be watching the TV show The Borgias and couldn't help but to imagine that this is what Cesare Borgia must smell like, living in the Vatican.. Anyways Gucci Pour Homme is very masculine, exotic, sexy but mature.. It definitely is a love or hate fragrance and not for fruit or citrus lovers.. I do not see to many people in the younger crowd enjoying this one even though I do.. I like to wear it on cold snowy days but I have to be in the mood for this one.. I have been looking for a similar fragrance to replace it but cant find any that come close to the quality of this one.. Frida Giannini is truly a madwomen for discontinuing all of Gucci's masterpieces..

jht4060
jht4060

Among several middling to forgettable men's fragrances Gucci has released one masterpiece, Gucci Pour Homme (not to be confused with the completely unrelated Gucci Pour Homme II, which is nice but mainstream). Perhaps it was too strong or too distinctive to gain more than a cult appeal, because the blah perfumes are still in production and this one is discontinued. Humph. By the way, I haven't tried Envy for Men because it too is discontinued and now very expensive (giving me hope that it is a masterpiece too).

This is the scent that started my obsession. I was a blissfully scent-free and carefree Don Juan for a few years and one evil girlfriend was shocked at my lack of sartorial and fragrance sophistication. Among other attempts to reform my ways, she insisted that I needed a "signature fragrance" (what is that!?) and she dragged me off to Nordstroms to spray little paper strips with things (who knew these little strips existed!?). Most of the scents, whose names I can't recall, did little for me, but Gucci Pour Homme rang some deep brain-stem bell and I became a scented man (dear me). For a few years, as I continued to cut a midlife crisis swath in the feminine fields of the Pacific Northwest, Gucci Pour Homme was all I wore, other than clothes of course, and those as little as possible. Then some random quantum event pushed me over the edge and my obsession picked up steam. Now I have no signature scent because I love diversity too much, but GPH still holds a unique place in my heart. By the way, her obsession (remember the girlfriend?) was collecting expensive pens - on the off chance that she reads this, she can be sure of her identity as my fragrance muse (and she wasn't evil, she was wonderful).

The scent James, the scent. The top and middle present a remarkably distinctive sharp bay and pink pepper layered on incense and who knows what else. The scent is fairly linear but eventually morphs into a more subtle cedary musky base. It is all very strong and should be sprayed with caution. Probably not good in hot weather and definitely not a first date scent. The bottle is excellent too in a monolithic heavy block style.

My first, my sweetest, my deflowering. There will never be another like it ...

Critic
Critic

Quite literally smells like pencil shavings. Cedar, cedar, cedar.

If you dig deeper, you'll find a hint of sweetness ala YSL M7. Perhaps it's the amber. There's a fair bit of spice too. Sharp spice. Pepper I presume.

For the most part, it smells like a pencil to me. I went through a phase where I LOVED this stuff. It's nice enough but I don't care for it.

GMK

The cool breeze of Winter , the Cappuccino , the puff of smoke of favourite cigarette brand , the enchanting thought of a beautiful companion and a sweet whiff of the base notes of Gucci Pour Homme. Enough for the lifetime, Just Love it. That's the end of the story.

Denica
Denica

Whenever I sniff this perfume, in my mind comes two burly blokes who cleave the trunk of a huge tree with their axеs, and when they stop for a short break, light a nice cigar. The smell of fresh wood mixed with cigar smoke ... beauty.
Very masculine.

chorando
chorando

Not wanting to use up my reserves I went searching for dupes. I did the same with Lanvin Arpege pour homme. No luck yet with the Arpege but for the Gucci Homme I've found a pretty stellar dupe here in the UK. The company is called perfume parlour. They offer oils and sprays. For the Gucci I've found the spray is better than the roll-on. I'm not associated with the company but because there is so much love (and I share it) for Gucci Homme I wanted to let you all know how I have addressed my own sense of loss that this great fragrance has been discontinued.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Incense, bergamot, amber, musk and beautiful cedar are the star players for me in Gucci Pour Homme I. I just love the "pencil shavings" dry down in this scent... I wore it with gusto during the year 2006, during my travels and adventures in North Africa. It saw me through some intoxicating/wild nights and evokes memories of drinking of JW Black Label in dark smoky night clubs with sexy belly dancers/beautifully exotic women... Seduction, flirtation, sex... A no-nonsense sexy, spicy, dark, woody, smoky aroma that makes no apology for its masculinity... A stunning piece of Tom Ford's legacy at Gucci... So tragic that this beauty was discontinued... A strong, sensual, masculine Masterpiece...

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

how does it smell ? the main accords above say it all...and it smells divine..

BUT

i once owned a full bottle and i sprayed and sprayed thinking this scent would be there forever...until one day i found out it was discontinued...now i only have a small almost empty tester left (max. 2 applies) Lesson : when you find a good edt buy some extra bottles, especially in these poor 'scentology times'

weaselize

I,ve got gucci pour homme and i,ve got a sample of 2man.
Personally i think that PH and 2man don,t have much in common. Only reason i can guess of the comparison of some is because they both have incense. 2man is like incense, incense and incense and incense.... Gucci pour homme is better and stands alone. Much more complicated. Mature scent, do not overspray. Less is more. Unique scent

theodusko
theodusko

Really great woodsy scent. I actually bought it 'scent unsmelled' as soon as I read a review by another poster who loved it and wrote that they thought it smelled like a hampster cage full of pungent cedar shavings and... well hampsters I guess. Strange impulse I guess, but that cedar smell really comes roaring through! Couple that with a peppery, leathery, smokey scent and you have something that's super masculine and absolutely perfect for fall and winter. Actually smells like I wish fall and winter would smell everyday. The only problem I have is that it doesn't project very well on my skin and longevity is pretty low for such a strong woody scent. I'd have to reapply at least once a day, not because the scent was weak halfway though, but because it was GONE. But if you don't mind that and love the manly, outdoorsy scent of a hampster cage, this is for you.

Seanery
Seanery

I love this scent. I love how the smokey inscensce isn't stinky or annoying. I also really enjoy how the wood doesn't dominate the entire composition.

This scent is intriguing as in it makes me want to smell it and attempt to figure it out. It gives me a sense of mystery and power.

It is a beautiful fragrance. A must have for sure

Hassanirq
Hassanirq

Loved it and really sad to see its discontinued ...

لذيذ بالشتاء بشكل لا يقاوم

راااائع

حار

عطر دهني بلسمي و بهاراته حارة رائعه

thegreekone
thegreekone

This is a real masterpiece.A worth having one.Strong and definately mature.Unusual and sexy with sharp and spicy notes in it.Hopefully now that it is hard to find it,I found the dsquared potion to be almost identical,so it is a great alternative!

manos1965
manos1965

What to say about this masterpiece.Perfection in every aspect from the juice till the bottle

stu_spence
stu_spence

Don't know why Gucci stopped, this product. It was by far there best..
I am searching all over the country for some more . I do not want to go to eBay as I don't know what it would be..

Come on Gucci get this back on the market ..

Pour Homey
Pour Homey

Strong masculine, very spicy woody and incense perfume.
High quality in a heavy bottle, great for fall and winter.

For men who don't shave their chest hair (or fur).

Adsnuts
Adsnuts

Have enjoyed this fragrance from the first drop to the now 3rd bottle recently purchased.
Longivity is excellent. The sandalwood is predominantly the key to my love for this fragrance.
I see by other reviews Gucci have discontinued this?
OMG... I have finally found the one fragrance I can wear that I truly love & get great compliments!
I am 45yo but will I have to search for another one?
Personally for me it's a 10/10...

hadrian
hadrian

There are some mysteries in our universe:
Who positioned the galaxies in such a relative order?
Who really killed JFK?
And why Gucci discontinued such a marvelous scent like Pour Homme?!
… An excellent perfume for a man who knows its path. So warm, so tender, a confidence–giver. “A little goes a long way” – type of an aroma. The best of Gucci and one of Top 3 from the master Michel Almairac – along with Rochas’s Lui and Picasso’s Minotaure (… ok, I’ll add Joop Homme also).
Gucci, be wise and bring it back, ASAP. Undiluted, unchanged, neat as it was.
Because it was a 9+/10 scent.

ezequiel91

Men, it's a fact that it has a very weak sillage, but it's very long lasting The key is be subtle, on wearing and appreciating this masterpiece. I would prefer more volume, but is just the way it is.

theloniu
theloniu

I couldn't agree more with hgonzalez. My exact experience. Strong alcohol, then totally disappears. I put my nose all the way against my skin 2 minutes into the initial spray and there is just a faint hint of any fragrance at all.

hgonzalez
hgonzalez

I put my hands on the famous Gucci pour Homme and i am disapointed. The fragrance opens with a strong smell of alcohol (the first seconds hurts my nose) after that the fragance smell like a weird mix between GPH II and M7. The juice is very weak, i try hand to hand with a M7 (reformulated version) and M7 have better longevity and sillage. I barely can smell GPH after 1 hour.

I dunno maybe i have a bad bottle? or could be fake? Please letme know if this is normal or not.

Smyle12

This sillage bar SHOULD be on "moderate" for a masterpiece. No one wants their fragrance announcing their presence or being smelled from across the room. Perhaps you'd prefer JOOP! Homme? WTF?

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

Why have Gucci discontinued this?! It was totally unique and obviously has a large following. Nothing equals it ..although some come reasonably, but not very, close.
BRING IT BACK:( :( :( say me and thousands others......
Why discontinue a classic and replace it with bland market clones? This was one of the best EDTs to ever be made for men. Every morning application was like a pepper-filled cruise missile smashing through the wall and hitting the neck with its mysterious vapour.

Further note. I have just been into a Corte Ingles in Spain to see whether they had a bottle deep in a draw somewhere but the sales lady informed me that "many people come in asking for that so we told Gucci, but that's it, we just have these new ones to sell now. They aren't the same..."

******BEWARE!
If you chose to buy this at elevated prices off ebay or Amazon I have encountered some testers in Spain (hot climate) where the fluid has turned a shade of green and gone totally rancid.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

From GpH, I get generous cedar and subtle vanilla from beginning to end.

Masculine and opulent, versatile yet special...
This is a perfect modern take on classic 70's and 80's powerhouses.
God I love this stuff.

It's so ridiculous that this masterpiece was discontinued in lieu of their current lineup of bland, safe tripe like Guilty, Gucci by Gucci, Made to Measure... Even GpH II, though they're very different scents, doesn't come close to being as great as GpH.

I'm not even a huge fan of Tom Ford, but clearly his departure was the death knell of Gucci, destined for a continual backslide into mediocrity and copycatism.

Smyle12

Yeah, it's real. I bought my 3.3 bottle from my local Sephora in April of 2012. Last one! Hahahaha!!!

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Does anyone know if it was still made by October 2010? I found a tester with the code 0226 which seems to have be made on 10/2010. Can it be real? Does anyone know anything about fake testers? The spray is brownish/copper colour? Thanks, JM

paulzork
paulzork

I just managed to get a 50ml bottle of this. My most expensive purchase for a long time. I agree that Pour Homme smells similar to CDG Man2, but only when you immediately spray CDG Man 2 (first 1-2 hours). After 2 hours, the aldehydes dry away, and what is left is something sweeter, less woodier and more like Dirty English. Luckliy with PH, its wood all the way to the end.

Anyway, I am loving this Gucci scent. Now I have both the envy for men and the pour homme I. So I'll have to wear them only sparingly, because give them another year or two and even the internet won't be able to offer replacement bottles.

Redbeard
Redbeard

The smoke of sweet incense smoldering in a cedar cabin. I read about how this was meant in part to be a throwback to 70s scents, and I can see how they've done this. Fortunately they left out the harsh, nose-burning herbals that some of the old powerhouses used to have. But the main issue here is the pencil shavings. Yes, there's quite a bit of cedar, which interestingly enough has the dry woodiness but not so much of the acrid fresh sawdust smell that I find in other brands, though that may just be because they've covered it up with a fair amount of sweetness. The second issue is that a byproduct of this cedar onslaught is a little sweaty note. As in the sweat of the unwashed old man who's wearing one of the 70s scents to which this brand alludes. Sometimes it's enough to make me aware of smelling sweaty, but often not...the sweet intrigue of this juice overcomes my reticence over the hint of sweat. Don't drop the massive bottle, though, or it'll either smash a hole to China in your floor, or color it orange forever.

edisonchgx
edisonchgx

I LOVE SO MUCH THIS GUCCI , VERY SEXY AND ELEGANT !!!!

I HAVE SOME BOTTLES FOR PERSONAL COLLECTION !!! SOMETIMES I PUT THEM IN EBAY.ES WITH THE SELLER NAME WATXXGUY.

THIS GUCCI MAKE ME SO CRAZY !

Senzadite

Im selling 2, 3.3 Oz. NEW bottles at a good Price. I send them from California.

Dad jax
Dad jax

85% full with box .... Ready to swap ppl in europe ping me

Marciu

@Thee Arabian Knight - this fragrance has absolutely nothing, I repeat - NOTHING to do with Kouros. The're totally different. Gucci PH I has a little bit of sweetness, but to me it's pure woody perfume. It has some incense in the drydown, but to me it's not "churchy". So - a little bit of sweet wood in the opening changes into woody frag and then dries down into a woody - smoky one.

hog
hog

One of my absolutely favourite scents. A TON of incense but in my opinion it isn't unpleasant at all. This is a perfect scent in my opinion. People complain about the cedar base but it actually works here. I think the only place where i wouldn't wear this is Sunday church because it would go completely unnoticed.

Washix
Washix

همه نکات تعریفی در مورد این کار تکرار نشدنی و متاسفانه کنار گذاشته شده شرکت معظم گوچی گفته شده
اما تو را خدا بلاخره یکی یک کار معرفی کنه که بشه کمی تجربه پیورهوم را باهاش تکرار کرد
پوشن از دسکوارد که هیچ.. دیرتی انگلیش کمی تا قسمتی
اگر کسی پیشنهادی داره لطفا برام پیغام بگذاره

herreroph
herreroph

Perfect in the drydown, very smoky and woody.
100 % masculine.
The bottle is heavy and beautiful
The incense in very strong here.

Ubercosmic
Ubercosmic

As a an ex-fine fragrance salesperson, I have to agree with the majority of the views expressed above. However, there is no mention of the fecal/indole-civet facet (putting it mildly)to this stonker of a fragrance! Very manly but certainly not elegant...

netorian
netorian

It's a super scent. One of the best. I have one (100ml) if someone interested. (It's in Hungary, Budapest so i have to post it :-S ). Send me p.m.!

evilspin
evilspin

This is becoming hard to find. But for anyone who cant find it and love this then try these imitators, carbon copies or similar fragrances to Gucci Pour Homme:

Black Walnut by Banana Republic (similar with a touch of cognac & nuttier)
Exceptionnel by Mont Blanc (similar with a touch of coffee)
Tommy Bahama by Tommy Bahama (similar & a bit nuttier, coconut & rum)
Macho by Diane Paulen (similar with more cedar)
Potion by DSquared2 (similar with more cedar & cinnamon)
Fan de Fendi by Fendi (this one has a bit of Gucci Pour Homme, Shock by Calvin klein & He Wood by DSquared2)
Man 2 by Comme des Garcons (similar but heavy on the smoky wood & incense)

I keep running into some fragrances that remind me of Gucci Pour Homme. Not just reminds but smell like the same fragrance or extremely similar. so i will add more to this list when I come across them :)

del
del

The mix of spices and woods creates an intriguing airiness in Gucci Pour Homme’s opening. Then the dryness of woods dominates -- the pencil shavings vibe is there with sweet undertone. The sweetness is mellow, and it remains until the end, backing up the wood, which is the main player throughout.

On my skin, longevity is very good, but GPH is quite timid projection-wise, giving out ocassional whiffs at unexpected times. Gucci Pour Homme I is definitely masculine, perfect for a mature man brimming with confidence. Why Gucci had to discontinue this quality fragrance is beyond me.

houstcs
houstcs

Can Anyone speak to sampling this next to lalique equus? They smell like replicas on my skin. Musky, violet, pencil shavings.

Eternell
Eternell

This scent made me fall in love with my fiancé!!

vanjin
vanjin

the best fragrance!!!

pjd1234
pjd1234

why did gucci discontinue this. this is one of their masterpiece and bestseller their current releases now are so generic i mean nothing special at all mainstream releases. i had a chance to snab this in a perfume store as soon as i saw it i told the sales person if you have two i will take it unfortunately he only has one oh well. fresh pencil shavings is what i picture here woody and warm confident and classy, definitely for the mature man. if you find one get it you wont be dissappointed.
longevity 6-8 hours 8/10
sillage moderate 8/10
uniqueness 10/10
overall smell 9/10
price vs quality 10/10 i paid 70 usd for it which i think is a bargain because its discontinue/rare
versatility winter cold weather day or night

baloch 1
baloch 1

Gucci pour Homme is amazing ,One of the greatest fragrances ever.high quality, lasts very long on me.

Scent: 9.5/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 8/10

lcu
lcu

All time masterpiece!

Smyle12

Buy GPHII then, JPCastano, and come back to the original when you're tastes have been refined a bit. Jeez. I like GPHII marginally better anyway, and I'm almost positive that you will too.

brendancollins1238
brendancollins1238

fantastic too bad its no longer in production

DaddysLittleHelper
DaddysLittleHelper

I have to echo everything that JCastano just said, except I knew this about it before buying, wanted it, and was thrilled it smelled this way.

Also another echo, there IS Something about it that keeps drawing you in, I like the honesty of that review, I thought initially sawdust, but pencil shavings is more descript.

Its Pencil shavings and incense drydown, I personally LOVE to smell it, it is also not a fragrance that I would wear over others, but I spray it on my hand at night, and smell it and it is very relaxing to me.

That was a great review IMO

jcastano
jcastano

I bought this blindly and I regretted it. This scent is just so unappealing to me. Normally, I like classic, masculine type scents but this one is all that on steroids. Everyone will say to wait for it to cook on you skin for a while then smell it but even the drydown smells horrid. All you get is pencil shavings, lead, and incense. I made the mistake of spraying this twice and it was so nauseating. I tried washing it off over and over but this thing sticks on you like glue! I figured I'd give it another shot and again it was worse the second time around, even at one spray that time. Unique, you bet your boots, however, who wants to smell like a sharpened pencil?
Okay, okay, maybe it's not that bad but still, it's not something I'd ever want to smell like. I love the powerful incense in this and how well crafted it is but for my tastes, it's too spicy and too woody, and the scorching Texas weather doesn't help it any much either! I will say that there is something about it that does keep drawing you in but still, I cannot say that I enjoy this 100%. My favorite thing about this fragrance is the bottle and the box. The presentation is wonderful and very elegant. The scent though, well, it is not my style.

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

masterpiece

saurabhjodhani
saurabhjodhani

I luckily managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this gem recently. This is true class in a heavy glass bottle. It a very straight forward smelling fragrance with ginger, pepper, wood, sandalwood, and vetiver. I believe that this fragrance is only for the wearer as it does not project like a crazy fragrance but longevity on skin for me is close to 6-8 hours.

silentrich
silentrich

I like this, but I think it's a bit over rated for what it is. I don't get the longevity and projection I'd like out of this which is a bummer. It's a quality amber/woody fragrance, but what really makes it nice is the incense and the way it's all blended together. Good, but not great. 7 out of 10.

StellaAlex
StellaAlex

attention ! GUYS AND GIRLS ! i want to buy one but I can't find it. I need it to be delivered to Germany, Flensburg by May 28. who is selling ? plz let me know. thanks

djews
djews

I seen this at a local perfume store today. It was the only bottle left for $65. I just bought it because if I didn't like it I could easily get a fair bit more than that on eBay. First spray I wasn't real keen on it, to be honest I thought it smelt the same as a bushfire. But over half an hour or so it settles into such a masculine and addictive scent, very very nice. Stays pretty close to the skin for me which is not a bad thing at all, it's very distinct and unusual so any more in the sillage department would be over doing it I think, as it is it's perfect. I'm pleasantly surprised with this one, caught me off guard and I'm happy it did. It really is just a thing of beauty but in a weird and unique way. With saying that but I need to make it clear that it Is quite wearable still, probably dinners and formal occasions in cooler weather would be ideal.
Also maybe the most natural smell I have had in a perfume, if you shut your eyes you could swear you are standing in the middle of a forest on a nice warm day.

Prehistoric_Nudist

i have a 100ml new and sealed plus 3 50ml bottles new and sealed. looking to trade. check out my profile(want list) or just make an offer...cheers

craniumbash
craniumbash

Luckily I found a bottle of this at my local shop at around 55$ and I've got to say I love this scent, such a great woody scent and I dunno if it's me or I get some powdered cinnamon smell in it too, like some garam masala(a traditional Indian mixture of spices used in food), though it would work wonders with a suit. As far as layering is concerned it can be layered with almost any scent in my opinion but that would be a waste.

Mikeyb50

I have less the 7ml left in my 100ml 3.z oz bottle. Its 4 deg here in London and I so wanted to wear it today as I love this comforting fragrance master peace but I just cant bring myself to use it without have a next bottle as back up. Its rare to find now so I sniff the sprayer for a quick fix

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I love this one.. The only one I ever bought from Gucci..
It´s the fragance I was looking for for so long.. The incense, amber, tonka bean, leather, clove thing was exactly what I wanted. I felt so comfortable wearing it.
And I wanna cry for it´s discontinued.. My last Bottle is allmost empty now. :(

What notes can I pick from the list?
Mostly incense, tonka, amber, leather, labdanum, cedar, with a bit patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver and papyrus. What I do smell and what´s not on the list is a spicy and warm clove. But in general the scent is so complex and well blended, it is hard to tell the notes apart.

Sillage was moderate to heavy on me. Longevity moderate to very long lasting (depending on weather).
I wore it year round, even in hottest summer.

borboleta8
borboleta8

this is one of the most attractive magnetic and charismatic fragrance, when i srayed it i could drown myself inside hummmm so good....!

bananas
bananas

Apologies to the gentlemen but I'm a lady & I love wearing this too..... usually in the summer time, day, & when I want to feel gender-neutral, almost animalic but in a 'asexual' way.

I know.... sounds totally psycho but I wear CdG 2 MAN as well, so similar really.

The days that I'm just into me ya know?? NOT wanting to attract the opposite sex, but feeling sexy in my own way.

It's almost a selfish past-time I guess. I sometimes receive compliments too unexpectedly, which throws me.

QasimB
QasimB

One of my Absolute Favourites.

Prehistoric_Nudist

I have a 3.4/100ml and three 1.7/50ml bottles of gucci pour homme 2003, unopened and sealed. pm me if interested. I'm also looking for a bottle of m7...i would trade for chanel allure pour homme and chanel allure homme sport extreme too.

Senzadite

Im trading a bottle of Gucci Pour Homme(The 2003 square heavy bottle discontinued) for a bottle of M7 please contact me if interested.

If you enjoy cedar and scents with only a few strong notes, this may be for you. It bored me after a short period of time, due to a lack of note contrast and dynamism, but I also didn't like the strong cedar. It needed to be offset by something else, and it is not. However, if someone smelled this on you as you passed by them, my guess is that you would make a good impression, assuming it was applied appropriately. I don't see this as an aficionado scent unless for some reason you like this exact composition. Also, I prefer a sandalwood/incense rather than a cedar-oriented incense type effect. I do like the cedar presentation in Black Walnut, though, and the cedar/sandalwood in Centaure Casaque (Blue) by Cardin is very nice as well. If I was going for something less woody, I might consider something like ST Dupont's Signature Pour Homme. The "bottom line" is that Gucci Pour Homme I might be an excellent introductory scent as well as a crowd pleaser, but my guess is that many will be bored by it after wearing it several times, as I was.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

coisa de louco...perfume extraodinario,amadeirado elegante de otima fixação e projeção sob medida.
raridade e exclusividade .

CDGfan

Anybody who says it smells bad, sorry but I question your intelligence, this may not be your preference but in no way does it smell bad lol. This is a deep woody incense fragrance and honestly speaking probably one of the best fragrances from the house of Gucci, the other being Gucci Envy both of which were discontinued under the direction of the moronic Frida Giannini. This fragrance has Tom Ford written all over it, the epitome of modern masculine glamour and you will certainly imbibe some of that after spraying some of this on. Yes the top notes do evoke pencil shavings but after an hour or so, this fragrance blossoms into a very heavenly potion. I highly recommend this fragrance. Girls love it! 10/10

Mamou
Mamou

When my husband wears this, it transports me to a state of near euphoria. It fills me with bliss, erotic feelings, and yet leaves me completely at peace. I wish it were easier to find.

Marciu

This one is the best woody fragrance that I've ever had in my life.

I don't feel all that stuff from listed notes on my skin. For sure, it's very woody and smokey on me - I feel plenty of wood(cedar, I think) and incense. Each time I wore it, I felt like I'm in the old, very old church. Later on the frag gets a little bit sweeter.

The longevity on me is about 10 hours or so, sillage and projection are crazy. I had to be careful applying it. I think it's better for winter and fall, eventually spring and summer nights. Formal occasions? Sure, go ahead with it. Suit? Of course! But for daily use it is also a very good idea.

I'm very sad it's already gone :(

theotherandrew
theotherandrew

A woman stopped me in a store once and told me I smelt fantastic, wearing this. (Yes it was a liquor store, but no she didn't appear to have been sampling anything yet.) Ultimately is there any better review than that?

benpaul12
benpaul12

I admire this cologne no end, I have never smelt something that captures smokiness, incense and wood – with a few softer underlying notes - so well.

The first hour is too much, smells too sharp on the cedar and incense, but let the musk, leather, amber and florals come through and you will see what all the hype is about.

Gucci Pour Homme is to be worn on winter’s night, along with fantastic clothing and a mysterious dark setting. If you wear this during the day or even during warmer times, I think you will risk putting people off with its strength and male domination.

I can see why people don’t like it, worn in the incorrect setting it would be just plain wrong – that’s why it is so special. It requires thought to wear it.

gr8daddyg
gr8daddyg

Smells like treated plywood. Very overpowering cedar smell to it. Had some leak on a plane once and almost cleared the aisle. Everyone, including me, had a headache. Sickly green color too. Smells as bad as it looks.

RickS1169
RickS1169

saw this at a local perfume store for under 50 bucks! since it is discontinued i had to jump on it. what i get from the fragrance is straight up woods and incense. it reminded me of what this cabinet in my closet smells like, except with a dose of sex appeal. you have to be a certain kind of person to pull this off, but if you can then rock it! projection/longevity above average.

kamikaze702k

This needs to come back from the dead! come back and show these new fragrances how it should be done!! this is one of my all time fav scents and bottle designs!!

hesperfume
hesperfume

فوق العاده مردونه و با وقار با یک طعم گس آرامش بخش

merezvan
merezvan

با 300.000 تومان میشه ادکلن های خیلی بهتری خرید گرمی و سنگینی بیش از حد اون بیشتر مخصوص بابا بزرگهاس که میخان 50 همین سالگرد ازدواج شونو با حچ خانم تو یه سفره خونه سنتی جشن بگیرن و بعدش با یه بنز 180 برگردن خونه و... خلاصه کلی مسن تون میکنه.

aliks
aliks

Very good and unique smokey note. I found it masculine, very elegant and orginal. Could be a classic for men above 35. Good at night or on colder days of course. I'm sorry I cant find it anymore here in France.

kamikaze702k

i miss this perfume, its so hard to find, i like in the uk, anybody would like to swap? i have brand new fragrances still boxed and sealed including rare ones like YSL M7

Senzadite

Im trading a new bottle of this(3.4 oz.) for a bottle of M7.

crunkabortion
crunkabortion

This is what I imagine Don Draper would smell like. Classic and impossibly masculine.

ezequiel91

Perfect incense, what a shame the sillage. It´s very very good, excelent. Buy it if you can. Very manly.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

Both sacred and carnal, it smells like kissing an irresistabley good-looking priest.

Deefit
Deefit

The first thing I thought when I sprayed it on was that I wanted to wash it off! After a few minutes, I started appreciating the notes a bit more. But I have to get used to the use of incense I guess. I like Gucci Pour Homme II better, but that's a whole different kind of scent.

beaconaust
beaconaust

This scent is just too much! Too many top notes and middle notes competing for attention. Too overpowering, too intense, too cloying, too everything. Sorry, Gucci, but maybe it is too much of a scent for a mere mortal like me o wear.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Well well well blind bought it after a guy i met here in fragrantica suggested me to(thnx GD^^)...
For some strange reason i missed that one and later found out that it was tom fords,the man who is behind the AWSOME MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE FRAG M7.
The opening of gucci PH reminded me a bit of fahrenheit absolute...
Then the drydown came and oh boy its DIVINE.The drydown is just perfect i cant describe how deep and unique it is...I expected nothing less from TF...
Its manly and its quite sensual.Im sure even the most ugly man wearing this,can have every woman at his feet :D
Now the lobgetivity on this one its really mediocre its 5 maybe 6 hours top...
Projection is BEAST in the first hour and then calms deep into the skin...
This frag instantly became a part of my top list...Its surprisingly good but is it better than m7?The answer is surely a NO...Its close but M7 is one of a kind NOTHING will beat it...And thanx again TF for his truly wonderful perfumes
Overall score 9.2/10

danielresendem
danielresendem

This fragrance that aroused in me the love for perfumes!

I will always remember you Gucci pour Homme...

cerversa
cerversa

En helt fantastisk doft som jag tyvärr alltför sällan sträcker mig efter.
Kvaliteten på Gucci PH är solklar... Mycket bra i mina ögon/näsa.. Men jag har svårt att hitta tillfällen att bära den.
Den kommer självklart att vara en av mina mest älskade dofter oavsett det.
Tror att mina 70-80ml kommer räcka länge länge...
Den får 9/10 pga kvaliteten...
Som en jobbig storebror man älskar..

mariagrazia.moscone
mariagrazia.moscone

Semplicemente fantastico!!!.. è il profumo che tutti gli uomini virili dovrebbero usare!... Sa di caldo,accogliente e sexy... Se spruzzato sulla pelle del torace si scalda ed emana tutte le sue note inebrianti.... E'ipnotico!... Spero che lo rimettano presto in vendita,perchè non esiste profumo che possa sostituirlo!.. Gucci PH ti prego torna!!!!

mersilover84
mersilover84

i did like this at first. but after a few wears it kind of reminded me of a pet store, or home depot. it should just be called eau de cedar. it's a bit much. shame, because it had so much potential if they just tamed that cedar note a bit

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

Gucci PH (Gucci ph 1 as some refer) is one of the best fragrances made by Gucci.

As all smells are associated with emotions and memories, this reminds me of a warm woody smell that used to cheer me up on colder days and evenings of winter.

My opinion - perfect mens perfume - woody, spicy, bit leathery and very dry/warm. Something that shocks you after a first smell and you either hate it, love it, or reach back to it after a few years.

It is a shame that this great fragrance has been discontinued. However it lives, none the less.

uxmanali

I miss you Gucci pour homme

guillermostf

wow it's nice read a lot of us like this fragrance a lot. and is 'cause smells wonderfully nice. mature, manly, woody, is gucci by the way. i saw a few boxes in a parfumery store in my country.

bonegardener
bonegardener

Going to miss this cologne! The best I ever had!

gd15329
gd15329

WHAT A F*CKING GOOD (I MEAN GOOD!!) FRAGRANCE! Michel Almairac did wonders on this one! Too bad it's discontinued!

Hopefully yesterday I found 3 (maybe last ones) 50ml bottles that now I HAVE. (Maybe when I'll have some more money I'll buy some more juice of that IF I find...

The most rich and unique fragrance I ever smell... there is nothing else like it!

One of the best smells for a man... out there (if not the best one)

My Total Score: 10/10

banks1124
banks1124

WOW! This fragrance is not for everyone which may be why its so hard to find. The opening is an old school soapy spicy wood that is VERY mature. If some frags smell like dads this opening is a granddad. Makes me think of some sort of shaving cream. Not long after that it gets woodsy and doesn't come back.
My parents had an old wooden cigar box from a tobacco shop where people had been smoking indoors. GPH to me smells exactly like that box. It had cigars in it and had sat in a smokey room for some time but what you smelled the most was the wood.
I love this frag on a cold fall or winter day. It last all day and projects just the right amount for me (2 sprays). I only have a decant now but am hunting for a bottle.

UPDATE:
After doing some searching for this one I decided I would just buy Tommy Bahama because it was close enough. DistinguishedGent1 reminded me that EVERYWHERE that sells frags may have something to offer. Found a brand new 50ml bottle for $50 at a random no name mall stand.

GMK

the ideal time has started to enjoy this Masterpiece.
'LOVE it' is not enough to describe what it means to me.... Fragrance for the Life time.

nicolecdlc
nicolecdlc

Oh my goodness... This is what a sexy man smells like. I was so sad to see it discontinued. So woodsy and intense! I loved it... I think it may take a certain gentleman to pull this one off, but when they can... It is good.

rolls.oud&cigar
rolls.oud&cigar

warning never wear this in summer, very strong very spicy its a once in while cologne, i was in park sitting on a bench and smoking a cuban cigar and my friend was sitting next to me telling me every time you blow the smoke i smell your cigar seconds later your cologne fights the smell of the cigar thats how strong it is, so careful how many times you spray this just dont over do it.
by the way smells nothin like dirty english they just look the same

word-doctor
word-doctor

After purchasing a mini, I am mildly disappointed. I pick up a lot of cedar and a little pepper from application to drydown; pepper becomes even more dominant than woody notes. Sillage is good, while longevity is excellent. My disappointment is in the lack of other notes that are pointed out; I get no incense or leather.

Cedar is one of my very favorite notes. This dry, spicy scent is nice, but I find it no more fully realized than Quorum Silver's slightly sweeter accord, and nowhere near as beautiful as Bois de Portugal. And it's much, much more expensive than QS.

It is entirely possible that vintage GPH has all the notes listed and is as good as advertised. It's also likely that I'm missing some of the notes, especially in the middle. I "get" the accords listed (there is that!).

Expected more.

Edit: After several more wearings I "get" this a little more. It seems like a weaker but more complex Visit more than a cedar with spices. And it's not a bomb at all. It does blend well with my own scent as opposed to just being eaten up. I really want to like this as much as my favorites, but I'm just not there yet. I might buy this instead of Visit, but instead will probably continue to look for something I love that would be spicier than QSilver.

Sillage: 6/10

braindead83
braindead83

I don't have a review yet, but more a question. I am finding what appear to be vintage bottles of Gucci Pour Homme online, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on those versions, compared to this bottle pictured? Are they the same cologne, and who prefers one over the other, and why?

Please private message me with your responses, if you don't mind taking the time to let me know your opinion.

Brian

jacob.kizirian
jacob.kizirian

Hello im 16 This Gucci Pour homme was gifted to my father like 4 years ago i started appreciating it 1 year ago It's Really a MasterPiece Best Perfume from the house of Gucci Its mature i dont understand why gucci Discontinued Its the best from the line of gucci fragrances
( If you find it buy it cause its rare and worth every penny )

Rating
Longevity 10/10 ( 8-10 hours )
Projection 8/10 ( Not a monster but you will get noticed )
Scent 10/10 ( Masterpiece )

Wear it when going to a fancy places like Restaurant , Hotel etc..
And Specially In the winter its the best

Nicely
Nicely

men men men... now this one, this one is deep,strong,like a tom ford fragrance, this masterpiece let me think when i was a teenager, i like this one allot, this thing is a projector also very good longevity. A many people talking about dirty English or something. Yes i smelled that shit, that is under the skin bad projection and to me longevity also not very good, to me this one has more courage, and also its an good fragrance to wear at special times, Date's, restaurants... overall a good winter time fragrance for everybody (try it, it can be strong for you). Don't spray to much this stuffn cracks the noses is sprayed about 2/.. 3 sprays max!,

Longevity:8
Projection:7.5
Smell:8

Classic..Like if this comment helps you, Write to me if you have more questions, questions are welcome.

kida2010
kida2010

Do i really need to say anything about this? lol

It is everything i want in a bottle, things do not even compare to this.

The only thing i could knock it for is that its so woody, so dry, i only wear it in the cold winter.

Masterpiece.

Kain
Kain

This is a true definition of woody SPIIICCYYY!
This fragrance open up with very strong and sharp spicy scent mixed with strong woods. but the spicy notes are much stronger. this may shock you at first sniff!
Imagine your are in the middle of a big forest with lots of cedar trees in it and instead of rain, pepper, curry and other spices falling from sky!
In the mid the spicy notes settle down and now it's time for woodsy notes to shine!
You can smell strong woods mixed with some incense and spicy notes in the background and also some sweet scent mixing with them to tune down these wild and naughty spicy and woodsy notes!
In the base you have a warm and semi sweet (not too sweet) scent mixed with light woodsy and spicy notes in the background.
There are lots of notes in this fragrance but most of them are almost undetectable.
Woodsy and spicy notes dominating through the whole fragrance life on you skin.
If you like woody and spicy fragrances, check this out!
Average projection and above average longevity.
يه عطر بسيار قوي با بوي ادويه اي و فلفل و بوي قوي چوب كه اولش ممكنه حسابي بوش شما رو شوكه بكنه
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي بسيار قوي ادويه اي هست كه خيلي تند و تيزه و بيني آدمو ميسوزونه به اضافه مقدار مشخصي بوي چوب كه البته در حاشيه هست
در ادامه بوي ادويه اي شروع به ضعيف شدن ميكنه و شما بوي چوب رو راحت تر و بهتر حس ميكنين كه مقداري هم شيرينه و مقدار كمي هم رايحه هاي تلخ و دودي اين تركيب رو همراهي ميكنن
رايحه پاياني هم بوي گرم و نسبتا شيريني هست كه همچنان هم رايحه هاي ادويه اي و بوي چوب رو ميشه توش حس كرد منتها خيلي ضعيف شدن و با اون قدرت و انرژي اوليه بوي عطرُ همراهي نميكنن
پخش بو متوسط و ماندگاري متوسط به بالايي داره

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

Pencil shavings all the way! My high school students asked me why it smelled like squirrels and trees in my classroom. I told them I had no idea! ;-)

Buysblind
Buysblind

Gucci Pour Homme is dark, dusty, and warm. While it opens up with a rather dry, spicy cedar accord of pepper and ginger, it quickly settles into a comforting heart of vanilla, tonka bean, incense, and sandalwood. The heart is smooth, lush, warm and inviting, but Gucci Pour Homme still maintains hints of its dustier opening via the peppery cedar that hangs around for the life of the scent. What distinguishes this fragrance is the excellent blend of woods, spice, and incense and how appropriately and accurately it has been integrated with the vanilla and tonka bean component. The vanilla and tonka bean never dominates or overshadows the other accords, and ultimately play its role perfectly--it softens the edges and provides greater structure through subtle contrast.

This is an excellent fragrance for the fall and winter, that can be worn on either a night out or a night in. It is elegant enough for more formal affairs, yet so comfortable it can be worn casually and with ease.

Gucci Pour Homme wears relatively close to the skin, yet it is noticeable to those close by. Its longevity is good.

BTW, this has been discontinued.

hundci
hundci

Absolute masterpiece! Beautifully orchestrated,unlike any other. Smooth like silk, but strong as hell, the kind of frag you dont get to compromise with, you either have the right character to wear it or you dont. So kids, keep on poking each other on facebook but dont bother to try it or comment about it because you cant understand it, sorry guys.

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

Believe it or not but this one was my highschool-era scent. I wore it during my teenage years and I just fell in love with the scent every time I smelled it. And luckily, I still got the half of the bottle! This cologne is just priceless.

PS: It may not be the best choice for every teenage boy but if you have a characteristic taste, this one won't let you down.

renoir
renoir

Another great perfume discontinued, hope they bring it back..

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

salma hayek, please ask your husband to give an order to frida giannini and re-release this one!

i mean it! do it now, girl!

after that, please report to here @fragrantica!

-Mr. Almond-

Bierko
Bierko

this guy is amazing, unlike anything, fantastico, with warm notes of spice, woods and amber.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

This is a scent that started my perfume hobby. One day I didn't find it anymore from stores so I started to search it from the internet... and you can guess how things went forward from that.

I think there's something intresting happening in cedar note here. It is first thing you'll notice but I'm not sure if it really is cedar or some molecules doing modern interpretion of it. I like the small nod to vanilla during the development too.

This is the only perfume in my wardrobe that I have more than one bottle.

10-/10

chokovany
chokovany

Unfortunately discontinued...
What a pity.
Awesome perfume, strong & warm incense. One of the greatest fragrances ever. Very long lasting, haunting...
Unforgettable.

fkollmeier

continuing from my previous review:
I sprayed this lovely fragrance today and now it does slightly remind me of Amouage Dia although the quality is not as good and it is less fruity. the incense is predominant

jonnyboy81

Simply love this stuff. Unfortunately, I got into this scent just recently after it being discontinued. It almost smells like cinnamon toast to me. A flashback to childhood. Tom Ford is a god when it comes to perfumes. All are great, Gucci Envy, Gucci Rush, Gucci Pour Homme, and Gucci Pour Homme II. Why must they discontinue all of them. I'm forced to search on EBay for expensive existing bottles.

globalscene
globalscene

two three words. wow.wow wow. now even though may be discontinued...and even after extinction of this.. there is always cdg 2man

mhalo.sophia
mhalo.sophia

very balmy and woody. my brother still has the perfume after 7 years!!! that's because its too strong to wear it everywhere.

Raxiz
Raxiz

Strange scent, that's for sure...
I can understand that many people might like it, but it's not for me. It's best suited for older gentleman in a suit, 40+. It's really a 'grandpa smell' like the lady on the counter told me. Opening too spicy, and the dry down is pure incense. Absolutely not attractive to ladies (that's what I think). The lasting power is great, I have to admit that one...

gregmech26
gregmech26

This is the perfect fragrance for the successful professional over 40. Clean, well-defined, and rich. I highly recommend.

jozemo
jozemo

a powerful frag, it is perfect in cold weather,goes nice with that tweed suit or that thick sweater and jeans, be easy with this one, it will cling like a spider on the skin.

Qupec
Qupec

This is the only colonge that I pumped the bottle dry! The first spray is shocking, but give it an hour and it evolves into warm, unique masculine tone that is masculine and earthy. The bottle is a work of art that is solid, clean, sophisticated. It's for the man that can seamlessly transition from the office, to the Rugby pitch, then to a black tie event.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

@Sacredsystem
The MOST HILARIOUS comment I've ever read on Fragrantica.com!

Thumb-up for the great scent.
Thumb-up for the great sense of humour!

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

A vibrant and manly scent that can make you grow a third testicle! This is what real men wear. Incense, leather, amber, pepper, musk and more..... this is not some melon, orange, rose or cucumber scent with some woods in the background to balance the unmanly notes. Wear it if you dare, or keep on wearing the safe and boring scents like Joe Shmoe.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

This was an amazing scent. Too bad it's discontinued!

fkollmeier

i am so in love with this fragrance!! however i can sense stung sandalwood and possibly some oud?!? very strong on the incense note. overall more suitable for the gentleman 20+ and for a classy night out

muncierobson
muncierobson

this reminds me of autumn walks in oversized and chunky knitwear.

Very old fashioned: warm, spicy, heavy, good projection and lasting power

Its a love/hate fragrance and I loved it, so sad its no longer in production!

I wa sin my early 20s when i discovered it and although many of my friends thought it was.. for a more mature man... i LOVED it!

ash74
ash74

10/10 PERFECT

gatsby

one of the best in my preferances and collection.. Smells perfect on my skin. Simply PERFECT!

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

This is very well done. You want to exude confidence and make a statement this is it. Not flashy so people won't smell you for miles, but very masculine and personal. Drydown is one of the best!

Smyle12

I'd review this, but no words can truly do it justice. It is masterfully created, artfully blended with the finest ingredients, utterly evocative, nostalgic, wistful, austerely beautiful, long-lasting, unpretentious, serious, nuanced, ever-evolving, and entirely masculine. It is well-nigh perfection in a bottle. For those of you who neither own it nor understand it, my heart DOES go out to you. This is quite literally a "masterpiece" of modern perfumery, and as such, regrettably discontinued... With increasing restrictions upon natural ingredients firmly squeezing the lifeblood of the fragrance industry, the likes of designer fragrances like this one will never be seen again. I'd say I was lucky simply to have worn it, however, fortunately, I am in possession of an entire bottle. May I never be without this scent...

Projection: 10/10
Uniqueness: 10/10
Quality: 10/10

johngreenink
johngreenink

A good thought to keep in mind when smelling fragrances: Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm a big fan of niche fragrances, so I wasn't expecting much when I gave this Gucci scent a try. Wow! Never has a fashion house men's scent smelled SO niche! Gucci Pour Monsieur is a very unusual major-label creation. As many others have pointed out, it's a heavy, smoky, incense-y parfum with a wood and pepper base. I was shocked by how smoky it actually is; if you could combine the scent of a burning elm-log fire with church incense, you'd have it there in a bottle.

The inital blast is full-on incense, and after an hour or two, it mellows to something a little gentler, but still carrying the smokiness until the end. There are other notes that help to round out the scent - some balsam and white musk, a touch of lavender, some patchouli. These other notes are subtle and really only serve to make the incense that much more full and lush.

I would not say that this is an everyday parfum - it's most definitely for after 9:00 pm, or possibly during the day if you really want to make a statement. I think a man could wear it in warm weather, but only for a little while in the morning; it's too strong to wear in the full sun.

I'm glad to see a company like Gucci go out on a limb to make such a daring and unusual scent for men. Perhaps they are reacting to the creativity that's emerged from the niche market? Highly recommended.

Jayne58
Jayne58

Fabulous woody, smoky, peppery - this is the most potent aphrodisiac! This on my man's chest sends me wild.

PS I like the cedar here, pencil-shavings and all - Lovingthealien is probably just anxious; being dark and debauched, all he can visualise are cedar stakes being sharpened.

Slayerized
Slayerized

Just got hold of three 100ml bottles of this gorgeous fragrance!
Woody, warm and cosy! The smell of burned wood, mixed with smokey incense and woody pencil shavings makes this one of the best scents ever for fall or winter days and especially evenings! Also best for intimate moments or formal occasions!
Hard to believe there are people truly disliking this fragrance.
I agree that the beautiful bottle is an excellent murder weapon as one described earlier, lol.

Mihail
Mihail

For me it smells as an orthodox church and an orient barbecue. Sometimes I feel tired myself for it. ) Brutal, very strong & sexy.

midos
midos

Sandalwood,vanilla, incense and leather ! if u like these 4 notes then you'll like this fragrance!this is what really smell like!
36+age formal usage eastern perfume!..good sillage & longevity

Senzadite

For those of you that love this fragrance; there´s a fragrance that´s very good with great longevity and projection and is quite alike Gucci pour Homme: 1200°C from L´bel catalog. Smells very similar and God is a great fragrance.

ABRAG
ABRAG

Excellent for use on occasions of marriage
Official

Wooden
Very hot
East

MrMookie
MrMookie

So yesterday i was in the city for shopping and as always i hop in the perfume store to sniff some newbies or to pick up some great cheapies.

Then i was there was astounded with the view of 14 packs gucci pour homme yes the 2003 discontinued version (3.4 oz) on the sale out table!!!
The price was around 35 dollar and i knew after reading and wanting this for the good reviews i quickly grabbed a box... and smiled :-) (gotcha)
Just sprayed on spritz on my arm because is was wearing already something else..so my review for now is short!

For me this smells exactly like a TRADITIONAL SAUNA! the one you can put water on the hot red sauna rocks and the steam fills up the air with wood, herbs and menthol , its deep,fresh soothing, i assume this one is the best scent if you need some relaxation, its a masterpiece and im really happy i could grab a box.

Shahz
Shahz

This has got to be the greatest fragrance of the century. Apart from enjoying it I find it therapeutic and soothing. It helps me focus. Shame it has been discontinued. Looking forward to enjoying the last 30ml or so I have left.

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

@angiedelsur:
there is available online to order (i just did it and got my travel 30ml size and 100ml big bottle) but, if you cant find it and want some very similar but upgraded go for Nassomato Duro, or cheper option would be Dsquared Potion (but the EDP version) i have both so i can tell.

scribs
scribs

ok this is getting a lot of hate from people and i dont know why, i smelled it recently and out of the 10 frags i tested this one mesmerized me it was so different than any other incense based frag i had ever smelled. it was TOLERABLE incense not like LOEWE 7 this one was sweet and mysterious i loved it, i swear as soon as i can gather the cash up imma buy the biggest bottle possible. the longevity was also really good, the small spray that the perfume lady spritzed on me lasted a good 6-8 hours.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

All I smell is suffocating incense and pencil shavings. I cannot believe this is the House that gave us Gucci Nobile. Wear it in the dungeon, or to a witches' sabbath.

LANIER
LANIER

I am a huge fan of Gucci's Envy so I came to the beautifully packaged and bottled fragrance with high hopes. I put some on my wrists......nothing. I mean absolutely no scent at all. I added more and finally there was the faint odor of old thick blotting paper. And that went nowhere. It faded away to zero. I got it online....so maybe I got a bad batch or a fake Gucci. You might be able to get as much pleasure out of a fake Gucci bag as a real one but it won't work with something as ephemeral as a fragrance.
1/8 of a brass star.

newerdeal
newerdeal

This fragrance in just one week is getting close to usurping D&G: The One as my favorite. It's alluring rich and spicy. Projects well on my skin and lasts longer. It is very peppery though. To my nose I think it's great my girlfriend however....whenever she hugs me makes a note of saying I smell like pepper. I wish the sandalwood was more prominent as I love sandalwood but overall it works well. It's a nice wink and confident nod fragrance. If you are a fan of spice just get it you'll like it.

Mikeyb50

I love this winter warmer ever since it's launch in 2003 , over here in the UK it is extremely rare to find and annoyingly every time I google it ie GUCCI POUR HOMME 2003, google still chucks up that awful Gucci by Gucci pour homme. Lovely creation in perfumery even if you don't like the smell the creation of the notes is a masterclass

dad hash
dad hash

WHERE IS THE GUCCI POUR HOMME WHICH I USED MASSIVELY IN MY PAST??
A month back it wasn't available no where in budapest but few days back when i went to Douglas again i saw big sacks of GPH in Gucci section, i just jumped on to it and picked up 100ml but suddenly i looked at the tester whose sprayer looked different(strange color contrast) so i sprayed on my wrist, guess what? FREAKING NEW FORMULA OR REFORMULATION whatever you call it...I got a big punch of leather and woods on my nose reminding me of Polo by Ralph Lauren (green bottle) so i kept the bottle back and went outta Douglas to give it more time,it faded in to a very close to skin some cheap perfume in about 20 mins time though i sprayed 3 very heavy spittz on my wrist and then it completely vanished in about an hour! Only if i put my nose on it and take a heavy snort i felt ....So that means another crap done to another MASTER pEICE !!! wtf
Last time when i went to buy this i bought Dirty English for Men Juicy Couture and trust me guys that cheapy dude is far more better then this new farmulation even though it also has a great issue of longevity and projection! But this is totally blooper! THIS NOT THE GPH I LOVED SINCE 2005 when i first bought it!!!
SO GUYS PLEASE TEST IT BEFORE YOU BUY

When I write a review of a fragrance, I try to avoid reading other's reviews; so as not "muddy" my perspective or opinion. With this (now discontinued?) woody spicy wonder...that was nigh on impossible. As far as the "this smells like THIS" game-that is good to describe a scent to someone who has never smelled it, and may have smelled the closest analog mentioned. As far as the above (and below) comparison references:

CDG Man 2: I absolutely adore CDG Man2, but find it to be a bit more "streamlined" a fragrance than GPH1 is. Both have a lovely incense core, woods and a plethora of spices...yet Man 2 is more "mysterious gentleman" where THIS is more the strong and sexy no games type of guy. This is upper middle class while Comme des Garcons is a bit more upper class. Man 2 says as much (if not more) just as clearly and with considerably fewer notes!

Tommy Bahama: While wonderful (on paper), this turns extremely sour and very wet dog musky "weird" on me, while continually emitting extremely synthetic peppery 'sparks' that make my nose twitch. One of the (very) FEW perfumes that do NOT smell good (or at least half-decent) on me! :-(

Dirty English: I actually prefer Dirty English to GUCCI Pour Homme 1 (2003) as something about the oud, incense, cypress and marjoram makes that smell just a bit more complex than this does...and, to my nose, more "bad boy sexy".

DSQUARED2 Potion: have not tried it yet! *Intigued*

Pour Homme ('03) is a far cry from the original GUCCI Pour Homme from 1970, which I happen to love, but it is marvelous in its own right. Although I may not like everything about Tom Ford (the person), I do think everything he has had a hand in (creatively) is simply beautiful. This is a woody spicy (for sure) and, despite the 25 Notes (!!) it contains, it's amazingly refined and extremely elegant without ever being rude or "in your face"; yet it does have very good projection and great longevity. The citruses and petit grain leaves in the opening add a breath of freshness, but it is ALL about the herbs and spices, with papyrus reeds smoothing the edges with their soft vegetal aroma and a very masculine lavender cleaning them up a bit. I am glad that Michel Almairic chose to forego the "usual" cinnamon, nutmeg and clove spicy heart combo here and thoughtfully blended herbs and spices throughout every layer of this composition. When I first sprayed this in a shop I thought: "Eeeh, I have a lot of perfumes LIKE this" and moved on. It was not until I was driving home from the city (with this on my skin), an hour or so later, that I realized I should have gotten a full bottle instead of a decanted sample sprayer! *kicks self* The heart of classic dry and spicy man-flowers (carnation and geranium) give it "lift" without being too sweet and add a lovely floral aspect to the spiciness. Cool orris root balances creamy jasmine as patchouli teases us and we begin the descent into the uber-sexy dry down. Resins, leather, sweet yet nutty nuances, dry greens and thick swirls of incense smoke create something stunning and alluring, yet unpretentious very down to earth. The addition of a sharp sage (along with vetiver and moss) to the base makes sure it never gets "too heavy" but has a woody yet verdant presence. I have no problem with post-Ford GUCCI fragrances, but I do agree wholeheartedly with many who say it was Mr. Ford who saved this house and breathed new life into it. This along with GUCCI Pour Homme II (it's younger fairer brother) and ENVY for Men will be sorely missed.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: Excellent
Overall: 4.25/5

Many fragrances, after smelling or wearing them, often evoke (in my mind) characters, settings or images that typify the qualities of said perfume. When I smell Pour Homme 1, I always think of Michael Westin from the USA show "Burn Notice". He is the sexy international spy in the Armani suit type with brass knuckles in his pocket (should he need them) and speaks softly, but means every word he says. He is witty, intelligent and sexy and not afraid to kick some ass (but only as a last resort). His heart is that of a good guy he just knows when ya fight the bad guys you need to get a little dirty, kinda like this scent! *sighs*

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی ادویه آن بسیار بارز است.شاید پس از چندبار از این بو خسته بشین ولی بسیار بسیار گرم و مردانه و سنگین است شاید بهتر باشه باعطر خنک تری آغشته کنین

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

Fragancia Gucci I, salida comienza con un incienso oscuro y amargo, afilado con insinuaciones verdes, que se mantiene fresco e intenso. Probablemente sea la combiancion del vetiver con el ajenjo en este punto que tiene mucha presencia. Esta salida dura mucho tiempo, hasta que el dulce especiado del sandalo comienza a asomar de a poco, cada vez mas. La flores pienso juegan aqui un papel secundario, ya que producen una amalgama cordial que acompaña la trayectoria de la fragancia, desde el verde y oscuro incienso al polvoriento sandalo especiado. El dulzor de la vainilla que aparece en las notas es apenas tenue, y se encuentra alli sin opacar la fragancia frescura especiada del perfume. Una fragancia que puede ser usada en todo el dia, en eventos nocturnos, situaciones elegantes y románticas.

Annica
Annica

Manly and seductive. A masterpiece!

scottwayne
scottwayne

Gucci's best cologne! Love this stuff. Strong woody, earthy scent. Decent projection and lasts 5 to 6 hours.

dasa
dasa

Smell it. Then, and just then, you will see what masterpiece this is. My brother said to me: its like someone started a fire in the woods and tried to put it out with bourbon. Not quite, but I get his point...

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

Primero me quitaron Sisheido Basala. Después se llevaron "BY" Dolce y Gabbana (aunque salvé una botella). Y ahora se llevan esta... No entiendo alos responsables de perfumes de algunas marcas. De verdad.

First they removed me Sisheido Basala. Later, "BY" Dolce and Gabbana (although saved a bottle). And now they get this... I do not understand those responsible of perfumes of some brands. Truly.

ericrico
ericrico

This is a masterpiece - period. The notes are deep and breath-taking, so well-integrated...how do you "write" a review of Gucci Pour Homme? It's like trying to describe an orgasm to somebody - and I don't mean to offend anyone, please. This is pure, sensual pleasure in a flacon that evokes class and sophistication - and that is what the juice inside radiates. Magnificent. Tom Ford - genius. Of course it's discontinued...Tom Ford would never leave Gucci PH available in production while starting his own line of fragrances. ;-)

If you wrote a negative review here for this fragrance, thank you - sincerely. That means I won't be competing with you when attempting to buy it over the next decade or so while the earth's population of people who actually have olfactory senses are bidding it up as well...

uxmanali

This is like wood & Spice in the bottle, if you want to smell like burnt Cedar wood look no further.

One of the best for winters with decent longevity and projection.

Definitely for people in late 20s and above.

I absolutely love it.I wish Gucci wouldn't discontinue it.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Gucci is really selling its soul to the plastic world of greedy advertising. They dished out gorgeous & original fragrances such as Envy, II, and this one. Now what do they have? Guilty/Guilty Intense. :-(

calyx93
calyx93

Such a pity that this lovely liquid should be discontinued - luckily there seems to be plenty still around on various sites. I've stocked-up just in case.

Not much more to add than others have said. I just really think this is a well-blended perfume with the right amounts of frankincense, smoke, pepper, leather and rose/geranium. For those who haven't have tried it, but like Juicy Couture's Dirty English, this is a more refined, mature version with a good deal more presence and clout.

GugaGaidzak
GugaGaidzak

If God had one smell, i would bet my ass on this one!!!

This is intriguing.... It took me a while to fall in love for this one.... now i have 3 bottles in the closet.
It has that holy eastern church vibe, due to the incense, but so full of sin at the same time..... Very masculine, powerful, with a hint of sex, that only a man like tom ford could capture. If you have a hairy chest, this will enhance your features.

the quality here is amazing, 3 sprays max and youre set!

But i warn... dont blind buy it.... its very particular!!!!

tomerits
tomerits

classic,manly,uniqe and powerfull.well done.
one of my top 10 fall/winter all time fav.
perfect for spacial occasion(wedding),
one big question - why it was discontinued?!?!
i totally love it.perfect for winter/fall.
my rank 5/5.masterpiece.

Ad nauseam

This is my second review for Gucci Pour Homme. Now that it's Fall, this one works for me. Finally a damp and cool day and GPH is brilliantly smoky. Comfortably woodsy, and more musky than vanilla in the coolness of the season. Rich and warm, it no longer smells like someone doused a cedar campfire with vanilla. It's now much more suited to my skin. I REALLY like it! All of the registers are clicking. Smooth. Sophisticated. Smells SO good. I think it will be even better on a cold Winter's night. Can't wait.

jayscotch34
jayscotch34

Smells like a campfire.. thats all I get. I like it, but seriously.. campfire

Jack_Hunter

A great woody modern masculine fragrance that has become a classic.

micrtin
micrtin

This one is not for me. I am glad to see at least I am not the only one ( among all the praise) that feels this is way too old smelling. Its a very subjective matter, so for me it just reminds me of CHURCH, Church!. just can`t stand that smell, its dizzying to me.
Pour Homme 2 is a littles less intense in this area but the church ordor for me is still too presente and can`t stand that one either
Even though I am mid-30`s I prefer a bit younger fragrances. another example of one I hated is Dior Homme. boy, I don`t get that one either

@Endymion

That's right, it has been discontinued. All we can wait for is the next Gucci by Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme or Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme 2.

Hope we don't have to look to Amouage for Incense colognes in the future...

Scentrist
Scentrist

Picture a cool autumn day. Leaves turning color, pumpkin patches, harvest time, the slight chill in the air. If you're with me so far, you have the essence of Gucci Pour Homme.

This is brilliance in a bottle. Gucci has not made anything as good before or since, and it's a good homage to the brand's legacy from its Tom Ford days when he brought style and edginess to the house. Given its vintage, there was nothing else like it on the market as it broke all the traditional rules of the period by going with a richer, deeper, leathery/woody/spicy scent that (for me at least) captures the essence of the autumn/winter transition.

Longevity is terrific. Projection, though mild, is about right. Every time I wear it, it's complimented highly until I break the news that it's no longer on the market (at which point I get looks of "you're kidding" or "who'd discontinue something so damn masculine and superb").

If it's a very well-composed, elegant but masculine woody & spicy fragrance that you seek -- one that won't come across as anything other than refined and elegant despite the outdoor autumn vibe it brings -- this is a must-have.

5/5. Brilliant!

jovejove

I don't know why people are thinking that it's discontinued. It might not be available in certain places, but it sure isn't discontinued. You can even purchase it on the Gucci website.

Ktngrl
Ktngrl

The ultimate mans fragrance. Divine. I love this so much on my Loved One. Uber masculine, spicy,deep and rich and it's a total aphrodisiac especially at the end of the day when there is just the hint of incense left mixed with skin. The incense is spiky though not resinous so it doesnt go dull.I'm devastated this is discontinued. Take note young men, team this with a sharp suit and this perfume is a knicker dropper.

eov8b
eov8b

it's a shame this is being discontinued, gucci's only great fragrance

bp
bp

Just perfect for a man above forty years.
I love this perfume, but I think perhaps a little desadequad for a young person like me.
Still, it's a great work of art.

jonnyboy81

This stuff is unbelievable. To me this cologne smells like cinnamon toast. I love eating that as a kid. What is great about this stuff is at you can wear it as a formal or everyday cologne. Perfect for fall and winter seasons.

jimmy2801
jimmy2801

Putting on a leather jacket while smoking a cigarette in a church, where some people had a sex-orgy before!

Maybe this is what PH is about.

I always have one bottle in my bathroom and i use it like there'll be no tomorrow!

AWESOME!!!

bra_chorni
bra_chorni

haha,very rarely can a perfume bottle be used as a weapon,its a brick.when i first picked it up,i loved da heavy bottle nice dark brown cap dat goes very well with it,its reserved dark and dangerous,sort of taking a walk in da forest scent,a winter must have for me.i dress formally when i wear this,it commands respect.and i am a woman.

Luforge
Luforge

"Women just keep sniffing me" when i wear this!..Such a sexy and potent fragrance that just last for hours..The delicate oriental,spicy woody redlance is a warm and vibrant allure..Definately hit your mark with this one!..*sighs*

Well done, but not something I ever find myself interested in actually wearing. Usually, I find it too sweet and woody (cedar), but overall, boring. I'm not a fan of these kinds of fragrances, but on the rare occasion that I want to wear one, I reach for Timbuktu or Equus, because they have more dynamism and note contrast. If I want "Church incense," I'll reach for Messe de Minuit EdC. When it comes to woody fragrances, I generally prefer pine (Green Jeans, Pino Silvestre) or sandalwood (vintage versions of Woodhue Cologne, Ctalyst, and Zino). The ultimate, for me, is vintage Red for Men by Giorgio of Beverly Hills, with its sequoia note rising out of a sweet, soupy/syrupy, Yatagan-like opening. However, if you wear fragrances to impress others, the Gucci might be the best, but since I don't wear fragrances for this purpose, I can only guess that it might be (probably if used with discretion).

originaldeftom

So sad this true MASTERPIECE has now been discontinued (I am eagerly awaiting 2 units from a mail order) for I think it is THE best of the entire GUCCI range that recently has been nothing short of disappointment.

I guess it comes with the territory of being a mass market commercial fashion brand. This fragrance was designed during Tom Ford's reign and new Creative Director Frida Giannini obviously wants to put her stamp on the brand (she does great in the ladies department but TOM FORD was "god" for men).

Not all is lost: AMOUAGE "Memoir" to me is the "new" perhaps darker more smokey version of GPH and despite being significantly more expensive, I am sure most die hard fans would agree that it is pretty close to being the best near alternative.

Also if you are a fan of incense, there is an excellent cologne by CZECH & SPEAKE simply called Myrrh & Frankincense which is a great base for layering or you can just wear it as a more linear fragrance on its own.

Silvi
Silvi

Resemblance to my favorite .... a Black Cashmere DK is pretty much the beginning, but it passes fairly quickly. Then come the trees ... dry, warm, and at sunset. There is here a subtle sweetness in these trees. I am a woman. I love this perfume. My husband said that the flavor is better for my skin than of his skin.

mukulnagori
mukulnagori

Can't believe all the reviews here....smell it first please...very powdery and loud smell.....gets ok after 3 hrs though...hate it.

twlahue
twlahue

my wife described this one as very soft.
it smells good, of course very woody.
not sure if it is on my buy list yet...

archie
archie

It is my most absolute favorite fragrance for my husband. Masculine, warm, sexy, calm, yet slightly devious.

apostle
apostle

Okay...why is this not on shelves at major dept. stores as it is PURE SOPHISTICATION! Love this fragrance. Definitely for formal events...but it is perfect for any time of the day or year...fall, winter, spring, summer...day, night, etc...again pure sophistication...this is quickly becoming one of my signature scents along w/ Guerlain Homme Intense, Hanae Mori, and Prada Intense...along w/ a few others...how can I have more than one signature scent...hmmm...I guess I'm mysterious and so not status quo...

;-)
;-)

So greate. When my husband bother to wear it, I want him for dessert (or maby just after). Spicy, smokey, masculine. Sounds cheese but I feel secure. It suits him and turns me on ;-)

donsalieri
donsalieri

You know what the sales assistants always say. "You need something fresh and citrusy for the summer." Well, when I was trying Gucci pour Homme a couple of months ago, I realized they were wrong; at least in my case. Gucci pour Homme seems like a typical fragrance for winter: I smell myrrh, incense and many spices (with pepper being the most obvious one). But these 'rough boys' smell absolutely wonderful even when it is hot and my skin is sweaty. I can use GpH as usual (same moderate amount) and it works. After all, wouldn’t it be weird if I couldn’t use the fragrance which reminds me of the smell of wood and resins in a campfire?

Gucci pour Homme is the kind of smell which doesn't bother me no matter which season it is. Sillage is great (I would say it is better in summer) and I would guess the longevity is above average (8 hours on me). I tried Montale Greyland too, but GpH seems to be stronger (and also much cheaper).

oxm
oxm

Gucci Pour Homme is a fragrance that follows the dictates of the old school while being relatively young, it is a woody spicy incense, where the fragrance with a touch austere, brings to mind the comforts of a nice pair of shoes or a shirt haute couture, the fragrance exudes luxury: that with this fragrance gives us the opening perception.In one has the impression of hearing a good vintage brandy, heart softly soapy very good with flowers, and among others in the final vanilla, tonka bean and vetiver, at times I take a whiff of bark to which I can not give the name.
Mysterious, magical, evocative and imaginative.

spoombung
spoombung

I can't believe this extraordinary scent is being discontinued! We'll all have to buy the similar CDG Man 2 which although good, is not as full-figured or luxurious as this.

This is an absolutely classic, seamless blend of exotic woods and pencil shavings. Very masculine and perfect for special occasions and dressing up.

An undisputed masterpiece. Please don't discontinue it!

smokeandspice
smokeandspice

A simliar incense based fagrance to my other favourite fragrance Comme des Garcons 2 Man. But whilst CDG is a more urban modern incense based fragrance, this Gucci scent is a true old world scent that reminds me of the colonial haydays of dapper gentlemen enjoying drinks on the bund in Shanghai's 1930s hayday just down the road from temples burning incense.

TJKM
TJKM

a nice one from gucci but not the best.
It smells like burnt woods, a nice smell but after 1 hour it really sticks to the skin and developments into a vanilla type smell.

Not bad at all. The problem is the projection! after spraying this one, the first hour it projects well but after that it sticks to the skin.
altough it mostly lasts about 5-6 hours BUT very close to the skin.

- Gucci Pour homme 2 is a better choice.

Papi
Papi

Dirty bastards are apparently getting rid of it ! It is low in stock everywhere...

So guys, please stock!

Sillysimon
Sillysimon

I was looking for something to replace my Dirty English as my signature scent. I was tired of the poor quality. I took everyone's suggestion and scored myself a bottle. OMFG, it is perfect. This stuff reminds me of an Italian leather shoe shop. Woody and leathery and sweet (but not too sweet.) I liked it so much I ordered a bottle of PH2 5 minutes after receiving this one in the mail.

IQrodos
IQrodos

Απλα ειναι Super!!!

@Minimephisto
Is that true that Gucci pour Homme is discontinued? I really thought that it sells well.

For me it seems that since Frida Giannini took over the creative director position after Tom Ford's leaving, she (or maybe they) wants to sign the new era by stopping the production of all fragrances that were created under Tom Ford's supervision:

Gucci Rush
Gucci Envy for men
Gucci pour Homme

So they rather promote Gucci by Gucci, Gucci by Gucci Sport and Gucci Guilty. All of which I find inferior to the above mentioned fragrances.

I think it's as a bad decision as it was to discontinue all the vintage releases (Nobile, Accenti etc.).

masterbrush
masterbrush

Bought it because I loved it, used it a lot. That's all over now, in hindsight there's just a line of Tom Ford's influence that tried so hard to rival the brilliance and success of Envy it could only disappoint in the long run. Envy being more than any fashion house could wish for, a true classic. This is too similar and seems to aim for more commercial success rather than an attempt to create another stand-out fragrance.

Minimephisto

This cologne should never have stopped its production. The only possible explanation for it to be discontinued is because it is too good to be true or the fact that it might have been too uneconomical for Gucci to produce a cologne of such high quality.

Disappointed by their decision of making the Crappy Gucci by Gucci pour homme instead.

This version of Pour Homme has a unique smoky character. Reminds me of a trip to Egypt.

1999-2003 (perhaps 2004) was the best period for Gucci, Tom Ford was absolutely genius and everything he touched became gold. After that, Frida came in and everything went "black", catastrophic. Gucci Pour Homme, IMO, was the expression of those creative years when Mr. Ford saved the maison from oblivion. A good spicy, liturgical-frankincense and ginger based fragrance, running on the edge between banal and unique scents (basically it's a perfect "product"). It could be not the most original perfume around but it's absolutely pleasant, above the average and kind of trend setter in the mass market.This was one of the last good releases from the house, after that we've been filled with monograms and ridicolous fragrances and clothes.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

It smells like a burning forest at fall, with a lot of spices sprinkled all over, instead of water.
It might sound a little wired and maybe gross, but this masterpiece smells amazing.
It's unique, but similiar somehow
It's strange, but kinda traditonal
It's mysterious, but very cozy...
It is a definate masterpiece, and I love this fragrance.

lovescully
lovescully

To my nose there's really very little vanilla in this. To me it's all smoky cedar and incense!

I love that this frag isn't apologetic in its quest for the ultimate masculine woody/incense/smokey drydown.

I would certainly agree that this is not for every occasion, but for when the time’s right, this will be just perfect! Wear it with pride!

Ad nauseam

On my skin, it smells like smoldering cedar wood doused with vanilla and sprinkled with talcum powder. I like the initial strong cedar smokiness, but what I don't like is the vanilla note. It gets stronger and stronger until it takes over, and it becomes too sweet for me. I still like it, but vanilla scents are not my favorite.

Speaking of the bottle. I love the thickness and heaviness of it. The top not being plastic adds extra distinction as well.

This is definitely a scent for colder Fall and Winter weather. Perfect perhaps for cool and damp days. The dressier the better I think.

Gucci Envy is one of my favorite colognes ever. I love the incense and wood in that one. Maybe my expectations were too high for PH. I'll keep it and try it later this year when it gets cool again.

DISCLAIMER: See second review above. Definitely a fragrance suited for cooler weather. LOVE it now!

instantjim

I have three fragrances I consider to be 'cousins' due to their similarity, they are:

Gucci Pour Homme, Dirty English by Juicy Couture and Zirh Ikon. I had imagined them to be pretty similar apart from the fact that the Gucci was stronger but as I compared them side-by-side it became clear that my imagining was far from being accurate.

So, to the comparison: Gucci is the the most 'arid' of the three fragrances. It starts with a smoky/peppery woodiness. It is the most definitively woody of the three.

The Dirty English has a slightly boozy/camphorous aspect to it in which wood and spices predominate. Zirh Ikon starts with woods and spices. The spices are sweet, whereas Gucci's spices are sharp.

The Dirty English and Gucci are the two that are most alike at the start.

Of the three scents, Zirh is the strongest at the very start, Dirty English is second and Gucci is last. This is probably because Zirh's strength is largely due to it's top notes - it is the least woody of the three and seems a little soapy compared with the others.

Gucci seems to be the weakest, however, I am convinced this is more of a case of it being the smoothest and best blended.

After 1 hour Zirh Ikon has gone from being the strongest to being the weakest. Gucci retains its strength the best of all. After one week the paper strips I used to test the scents reveal only a faint trace of the Ikon, but quite clear residues of the other two.

Gucci is the classiest of the three fragrances and clearly the driest and the most emphatically woody.
It is, however about 5 times the price of the Zirh Ikon- a 1oz of Gucci costs more than a 4oz of Zirh.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Incense all over the place!

It is elegant, masculine, self-assured, and long lasting. I feel that cedary/pipe-smoking touch with a hint of leather.

feeg
feeg

sweet but woody...not bad choice though

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

I tried to like it because of it's legend, but I failed.

It irritates my nose so bad I got problem eating while having it on wrist. It smells to me clearly like a smoke from campfire, when some wet alder wood is burning. Maybe with a little hint of spices and herbs, but I would rather use these to smoke meat, not to put on myself. And even there's no spruce extract in it, I find the base not only smoky, but also 'resiny' (so absurdly fresh). So additionally it reminds me about funeral (closest 'church' association).

It's an uncomfortable, quite ambivalent scent for me.
Sad and sentimental, somehow fresh but heavy, refined but not that elegant (all this smoke). Sharp, vibrant, strong.

However, I must admit it is a really unique composition, with very great sillage and longevity. I can imagine it could be even tempting on someone else. Not my choice though.

For special occasions, I think.

gatsby

strong personality, beautiful caractere, lovable and unique. I still have one bottle in mu bedroom...still in love with it! I was perfumed with Gucci when I met my love :x :D

Mrgstar
Mrgstar

I think that Gucci- Gucci Pour Homme I, Juicy Couture- Dirty English and Tommy Bahama- Tommy Bahama for Men are very very similar scents. My nose is not very trained yet, but I think I am not totally wrong here. I dont think any of those I mentioned here suits teenagers. 25, maybe even 30 years and up...

Seinku
Seinku

Really good scent, I bought it for my dad's birthday, because I thought it was the perfect scent for an elegant gentleman as himself. I wasn't wrong, every time I smell it the word "classy" comes to my mind. However, I think it might be a little overwhelming for an every-day use, I would save it for special ocassions. It reminds me a little of Terre d'Hermes but better, because you can actually feel the little floral notes along with the spices and heavier notes, and that's just great. And the bottle is simply gorgeous.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is one of those fragrances i love but never ever get any compliments on...in fact, quite the opposite. It is, to my my mind, how a man should smell. Tom Ford certainly understands this as together with M7 he has been behind some fantstic masculine scents(shame Tom Ford for men was such a let-down).The honey/ceder incense is fantastic and the longevity is 'top notch'. This scent gives me a wonderful feeling when wearing it until some tells me i smell like an old man in a church.

guest_ladybug
guest_ladybug

Just blind bought it for my dad, and I don't like it at all. I expected it to be a spicy oriental in the vein of Antaeus by Chanel, but to my nose it is awfully similar to Dirty English by Juicy Couture. The same herbal medicinal smell, fot for a druid but not a gentleman. Big disappointment.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I hsve just bought this for my husband for christmas...I think it's amazing stuff and unfortunately not easily available - his critique to follow after the 25th!! This is the kind of frag I like on a man - kill all 'sports' scents now!!

dkmode83
dkmode83

Fantastic fragrance from Gucci. This smells like campfire in a bottle to me. Warm, Masculine, Intriguing. I get tons of compliments from women when wearing this. One of my top 5 for sure.

Endymion

Gucci pour homme lovers should try Rochas Lui!
In other forums you can read that Rochas Lui is what Gucci pour homme intented to be. Where Gucci can be annoying and too much, Rochas is tamed and smooth. Both fragrances are done by Michel Almairac. They are quite similar, however Rochas Lui is superior to Gucci pour homme. If you call Gucci PH a masterpiece you will fall in love with Lui.
Due to sad facts brand name sells, here Gucci pour homme became a hit mostly because it was released under the house of Gucci, Rochas will never be noticed as much as Gucci even if their scents are better.
Don't let yourself be impressed by the name of the brand but by the fragrance itself. So do yourself a favour and give a try to Rochas Lui (it's even cheaper I guess).

dandy721
dandy721

I love this one i love incense and here you can find a lot of incense. Unfortunately it's not a long lasting fragrance. Very very classy

mehrdad
mehrdad

بسیار خوشبو و گرم و شرقی با رایحه ای ادویه مانند این عطر گوچی واقعا بی نظیر است دوام و پخش بوی خوبی هم دارد و جزو بهترین های مردانه برای کسانی که اینگونه روایح را دوست دارند
بسیار کلاسیک و خوشبو
قدرتمند
خانمها معمولا میپسندند
کاری بس زیبا از کمپانی گوچی واقعا دست طراح و تولید کننده این عطر درد نکند
احسنت به گوچی

'pour homme' woody spicy fragrance. Description eau de toilette spray
100 ml
top note of ginger
heart note of papyrus
base note of olibanum

به نقل از سایت گوچی

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

the downside of this really nice scent is the sillage and mainly the power of it. Decent (moderate sillage) but not much power to it. For an incence perfume, this one is weak, if you compare to Black Tourmaline, Avignon, and most of them. Maybe an eau de parfum instead of an eau de toilette would be perfect.

3.5/5

Vincenzo
Vincenzo

Gucci Pour Homme (version 2003 by Almairac, not to be confused with Gucci Pour Homme of the 1976) is one of the best incense based perfumes on the market. Before using Gucci Pour Homme, I used a lot Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano (both incense based). I must say that I today prefeer Gucci Pour Homme.

The scent has a fresh start but a bit confused: notes of pepper, citrus and vetiver blend. But shortly after beginning, the frankincense emerges and slowly joins the iris.
After 1 to 2 hours frankincense mixed with iris remains making the heart/middle notes.

After 4 to 6 hours is still a sense of incense and beautiful notes of leather, amber, musk (and little sense of vanilla) makes the base notes.

This Gucci Pour Homme, along with Fahrenheit Absolute (Dior) and Black Tourmaline (Durbano), is my favorite scent based on incense.

About incense in my two favorites:
In Fahrenheit Absolute we have a combination incense / oud / violet.
In Gucci Pour Homme we have a combination incense / iris.

These two combinations makes the two scents very different: Absolute is a woody more oriental and more floreal; the Gucci is darker and more "ecclesial".

In conclusion, the Gucci Pour Homme is a true masterpiece.

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

Excelent! This spicy woody elixir is very refined and sexy. It has the smell of the classic, elegant timeless colognes for fastidious gentlemen. White shirt, a stylish tie,+ Gucci Pour homme and you are ready for the day or evening. Very High class fragrance!

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

A best woody fragrance in the World! Gucci 4ever

10/10 in all details

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

after reading so much applaud for this perfume i bought it, but i found it just like gucci ENVY,
it is very light , very hard to notice

i don't like it.

19Toni73
19Toni73

This fragrance embodies pure male dominance. I loved it at the beginning but cant wear it anymore. It makes me sick!

carera
carera

i think its could be classifed as arabic perfume

hollycat
hollycat

Tried this at the fragrance shop because I was curious to see how a mans fragrance would react to my chemistry.

Well.. No one knew it was for men on me. The incense is the dominant note on me. I get smoke, smoke and more smoke. I get some wood notes too.

A wonderful composition. Now I know I can venture into male fragrances without people knowing Im wearing mens cologne.

instantjim

I tried this yesterday and from the outset loved it. For a long time it was eating away at me...it was similar to something I had, or at least had tried already.

I realised after a while that it had similarity with Arpege pour Homme (which I had to give away on account of my wife hating it so much)and Dirty English by Juicy Couture. It is in fact much better than either of those two.

The pepper woods and leather last much longer than with Juicy Couture and the spiciness is more refined than with the Arpege. One spray onto my hand was still easily detectable 6 or so hours later. All in all a classy, masculine fragrance.

I had almost given up on Gucci fragrances. I had disliked all the female scents, (with the exception of Envy Me 2) and had little enthusiasm when I came around to trying their male scents.

What can I say? I like all that I have tried so far. Gucci pour Homme is to die for.

This fragrance is spicy, woodsy and masculine; all that a man should be. With such complexity within this composition one might expect a disaster, but have no fear, Gucci pour Homme is so well blended.

The opening is extremely powerful. One should wait until the fragrance has settled and dried on the skin before inhaling this wonderous scent. The top notes are mostly intense spices with a smokiness that resembles the scent of a smouldering cigar. The whole experience is almost aromatic.

Towards the drydown, incense, papyrus, leather, musk, vetiver, vanilla, patchouli and oakmoss become more prominent, creating an earthy and dry finish that is rather sensual, warm and mysterious. The sillage and lasting strength is better than good. It is truly amazing.

I haven't come across anything that smells this good on a man yet. I do more than recommend this fragrance, I urge all men to go out and buy it.

guest_kkkkkkk
guest_kkkkkkk

I dunno about those who say you don't like it but daamn this cologne is the biggest turn on I've ever seen.. or smelled!!!! its something you've never smelled before and like someone said earlier, it definately messed with your senses and puts you in a different world. I love it when my man wears it!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Deep dark and intense fragrance with notes of woods and spices. A great fragrance indeed. Unique and wonderful. excellent projection with good longevity. A very mature fragrance for a gentleman.
Great and elegant bottle.
I give it 8.5 out of 10.

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

A sharply dressed man sits in his office awaiting a telephone call. The phone rings, it’s not good news. They’re coming for him; he has only minutes to live. Death is certain. He decides to live the final moments of his life not in fear and panic, rather, he chooses to be composed and dignified. He pours a swallow of his favourite scotch and reminisces. He is a real man.

Gucci pour Homme is made for the real man. It’s rich, woody, spicy and strong. This is a very woody scent. Longevity is great, 10 plus hours on my skin. Gucci pour Homme is one of a small number of men’s releases (in the last decade) to really be at the pinnacle of mature masculine fragrances.

A word of warning......don’t buy blind. Some find it too much.

aFineNose
aFineNose

Very nice, pleasant, good packaging, summons up images of Autumn. Warm, wearable, comfortable. But, not a classic like Envy.
The later blue version created nicotine-coloured stains on my skin. Not a desirable side-effect.

behzad1280
behzad1280

At first I felt just incense, very strong incense … And now I can’t describe this wonderful mixture of pleasant feelings around me!
It’s obviously super masculine and very hot, Manish and strong. Bette fits for men over 30 years old!

Think twice when you want wear or even test it. The scent will remain on your skin almost forever! Doesn’t matter how many times you wash it.

شاید بتونم بگم گرم ترین ادکلنی هست که تا به حال دیدم
مناسب برای پاییز و زمستون و مجالس و مهمونی های شب
فوق العاده مردانه و سنگین
ممکنه بوی تند اون برای بعضی ها کمی آزار دهنده باشه
دوام و پخش بوی بسیار زیاد
یه مقدار زیادی بوی ادویه و بخور داره که به این عطر یک شخصیت بر آمده از طبیعت رو میده

Cassiano
Cassiano

This is one of those scents that is good since the beginning. From the start it comes a modern sweetness, which is a result of a well blended composition between the bergamot, the lavender and the artemisia, quickly followed by a delicious mix of pepper + patchouli + carnation + jasmine (which was not too evident on me).
This aroma stayed on my skin for such a long time and it is what exhale during its evolution. However, the base notes aren’t asleep. You just have to close your eyes and feel the smell, deeply, to notice the delicious vanilla giving a special touch to this scent, which is very well done with pieces of amber and oakmoss, resulting in a dry and spicy fragrance.

It is a sexy and elegant scent that, in my oppinion, fits better with men between 25-50 years old.

To finish, its bottle helps to make this a desirable object, which shows sensuality and masculinity. I like a lot!

fayez188

Oh my God ... He is a magician seduced. Sexy something really great that I have a core of perfumes...When I wear these fragrance does not stop my nose smells scents

ryvlajo
ryvlajo

The standard everyday office product. Nothing special, nothing out of line, not exactly memorable but quite stable.

guest_Da-One
guest_Da-One

Every one in office is asking me about this perfume !!! Very very high quality, lasts very long. amazing on any man.

One of the greatest men fragrances.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

My dad has this and hates it, I love it! It smells wonderful and screams "POWERFUL" best suited for board meetings and night time occasions.

omega_69
omega_69

Very masculine, yet a wholly holy fragrance at the same time. I completely get the smokey incense from this scent and, at first smell, it immediately reminded me of high mass. I felt the need to genuflect as soon as I smelled it. I love this one.

andy

WOW looks like ph 2 is so similar to this one and a build check out the ross and tj max if u want a 23 dollar bottle, dept stores rip u off

andy

although i think LOTS of big brands try to market themselves through advertising i think this is worthy of a purchase

gucci is a very nice woodsy spice matrix with LOTS Of exotic and unique ingredients and the scents ALWAYS amaze the viewer

nine times out of ten this stuff is what people will WANT when smelling all the stuff at dept stores guccis where its at

ZeeK

Feel in a luxury aroma of burning fragrant woods... while sitting on a luxury leather couch and enjoying the puffs of your luxury cigar... that is what GUCCI PH is all about.

A distinct, luxurious, manly and complex thing a perfume lover should have...

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

its ok to me. i cant get past the doggone wood-wood-and more WOOD!!!! the bottle is slick tho weighing about 22lbs lol

Castor
Castor

Red cedar and amber, quite lineal, IMHO, but enjoyable still.

There are a bunch of scents similar to it: Lacroix's Tumulte comes to mind, as well as CdG 2Man, acoording to perfume aficionados. I can testify as to the first option - prominent cedar notes along its development - but fail as to the second one for I did not have the chance of testing it.

L'Occitane's Vetiver is similar in that it combines the cedar with vetiver. Take in mind that this last note diminishes the impact of the cedar.

ChristyS
ChristyS

Probably I cannot describe this scent very detailed.To me it is very oriental, woody and dark, but in an incredible elegant way! It is masculine, and in my opinion one of the best for men, so bought it as a gift for my bofriend, and he loves it too. Another advantage is that it lasts really very long.

scenturian
scenturian

This is another masterpiece from gucci.
Very woody and spicy with hint of sweetness.
Women love it much, dark and alluring scent.
For daily or summer usage can be heavy, because it is really strong.

Dirty.secretss
Dirty.secretss

Gorgeous, its got this warm feeling to it.
love this on a man

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

Loved the smell personally, fantastic smokey woody scent with sweetness. However I felt it could be pretty offensive and it put me off wearing it casually so I saved it for special occasions when I owned it in the past. Now I'm a few years older I find it a lot less offensive. It's probably the best winter fragrance I've ever had/tried. Perfect for evening/night wear on colder days. As soon as I smelt this with my friend in a shop I knew I wanted to buy it. my first thought when I smelt this was an image of the office in the Godfather movie kind of thing haha. very classy vintage smelling

Brumen
Brumen

i don't know, but i'm wearing it now and i think it's a good choice in warm season too.

kalilax
kalilax

Yum, yum, yum.
I simply adore this scent. The titillating pepper and ginger combine so subtly that they get you high for at least 8 hours. You can get a pleasant whiff of this on yourself for hours on end and it's not just any other smell. I love it so much that I can even wear it on hot summer days. This gonna be a constant item in my forty something collection. I also have to agree with those who think this is a complete turn-on. Way to go GUCCI!

Zocha
Zocha

Oh boy, this is one of my best for guys,deliciously spicy and woody, almost harsh but it is very hard to resist and I agree with "minimalist" totally!
This fragrance on a handsome men makes me faint!
I'm getting one for myself for sure, just cannot be apart from this heavenly scent!
love it, love it, love it...

crfan
crfan

Holy incense is the best description for this fragrance. It lasts very long. Very manly and complex.

minimalist
minimalist

This says: Am strong, hairy, masculine and proud of it. Any problem,son?

Eros
Eros

Rich, warm, yummy, honey-like scent. That is why it is not for "musky sex warriors" and absolutely NON-SEXY for some type of women. My wife insists on definition "caramel", that is "not serious" for her.
It has solid "expensive" scent with narrow spectra.
I found nothing "old" or "ancient" in it. It is very unusual by it's honey-sweetness, but it is not that oriental "halva sugar sweet".
It smells not like kid's caramel but ... much like *freshly baked bread*, with little nuanses of masculinity and "expensiveness", yes, thats it!
I like it and will wear it sometimes for myself, I dont care on anyone else' opinion. I can afford - to not care if I really like it.
This one is much better than the newer "II" from GUCCI.
The analog is also newer "L'instant" by Guerlain, which is *only a bit* more complex.

christian
christian

This reminds me of the smell from inside the monasteries in Romania. My absolute favorite scent!

originaldeftom

What a brilliant composition of a fragrance! While I am a perfume snob and say Guerlain, Cartier, Dior and Chanel are probably the best perfume makers world-wide, I must admit Gucci did a great job appointing Michel Almairac for the job of creating the first male perfumo di Gucci. I love the heavy catholic/ gothic aura of the scent as it evokes early childhood memories of church for me: the smell of incense, the old wooden benches, candles, the dark and somewhat mouldy character of a church's smell is glamorously captured and beautified in this scent. There are leathers and pepper corns and vanilla as well. A great evening fragrance for the colder months of the year. Classic!

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

love it, sweet masculine and full of sparks.... it's like bathing in maple and incenses. it's warm, vibrant, and gives a man the aura of a soft-touchableness.

asfa

wwwusa omg my frend, perfume u buy not gerl :) My englise its not good , not eazy for me tou explains,take it ,pour homme and u b so happy whit this one,its gorgeus strong make my feel sexy and warm,a very mascyline

wwwusa
wwwusa

in top of this page .line 5 explains :

that’s mature and self-confident, well-dressed in refined, expensive tailored suit (a tie is a must, of course). The composition relies on the warm notes of spices....

read plz.

asfa

my dear zeek im respect your love in gucci envi ,and i love it same,the pour homme my frend its for 18-35 and for all style of ppl.the envy its for clasik ppl and for special times.for me pour homme its the beast of guccci and after its pour homme 2 after gucci by gucci and last 1 the clasik envy

ZeeK

Gucci Pour Homme is created in the admiration of the classic perfumes of 70's and like most of the old fragrances it is an intense fragrance containing spices, woods and leather that can be loved and hate at the same time by different people. It might suit the romantic / sensual wear but it is more mature than Gucci Envy which is an elegant fragrance, moderate and good for all ages in comparison with Pour Homme. Noses can entirely different than one another but in general opinion Envy can be more sensual for a female who feels it!!

asfa

the ginger in the top make my crazy i love it,so spicy perfume,im wearing satyrday gucci by gucci and sunday pour home gucci :)

imgcas
imgcas

If I had to choose one and only one male perfume, it would be Gucci pour Homme.
Being a young woman I love it so much that I would buy it for me, not for wearing it but to keep it with me, to smell it when I need some relaxing woody scent. Fortunately, my boyfriend agrees with me and loves the scent as much as I do. This is pure cedarwood and incense and I just wonder why I didn't discover it before.
I highly recommend it if you like scents liks Diptyque Tam Dao, Comme des Garçons Hinoki, Serge Lutes Santal Blanc... This is a masterpiece!

acc
acc

One of the greatest fragrances ever. Very very high quality, lasts very long.
Fresh-flowery opening is pleasent. Floral-woody notes are elegant and alluring. The drydown is so hard to describe, it is that gorgeous. Everyone who smells this on me adores it and asks me what i am wearing. I never got this many compliments...

laurel0000
laurel0000

this is amazing on any man. the oakmoss and bergamont are to die for. it turns me on the second i smell it!

m_pooka
m_pooka

This is a bold male fragrance that goes well with a suite or something really dark. If you want something pop, colorful and silly turn around from this one, since it's almost rude in its pepper/leather way. The bottle weight advises you need a strong grip to hold this perfume. I was amazed by its longevity and use it every now and then for strong romance in cold weather.

finenose
finenose

fabulous!strong,unique,vibrant,warm! the perfect fragrance for a real man!

guillermostf

Using this fragrance is go through the night. Very strong and masculine, very special. People note when you're wearin' it.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

... But Man2 won't make you wanna vomit, especially in the hot weather days. This Gucci scent is too much for me. Man2 is such a brilliant choice.

afraafra
afraafra

pure incense similar to comme des garcons Man2.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci 4.35 out of 5 based on 1385 ratings and 304 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Gucci pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Gucci pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gucci pour Homme by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gucci pour Homme by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.