Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Made to Measure Gucci for men

Made to Measure Gucci for men Pictures Made to Measure Gucci for men Pictures Made to Measure Gucci for men Pictures Made to Measure Gucci for men Pictures

Gucci launches a new fragrance for men called Made to Measure in fall 2013. It is meant for the “worldly and refined” man “who demands the very best." This scent is a masculine partner to the feminine Gucci Premiere from 2012.

The composition is oriental-spicy, "tailor-made" like an expensive suit. Its initial notes are inspired by the look and feel of a handmade suit; there are accords of Calabrian bergamot, Tunisian orange blossom, French lavender and aniseed. The heart is eclectic, spicy and textured, including notes of nutmeg from Sri Lanka, water lily, juniper berries, plum and cinnamon. The base is luxurious and sophisticated, made of labdanum, patchouli, leather and amber.

“One further ingredient is required: the man. For a suit is merely a beautiful silhouette until its owner wears it. It is only then—when worn—that it becomes something more. Similarly, the perfume’s refined leather and rich spices combine with the warmth of the skin, the Made to Measure man’s character, and the style in which he wears it.”

Made to Measure is presented in an haute parfumerie quality glass bottle, weighty and statuesque... The color scheme is the distinguished slate and pearl gray of a bespoke suit and shirt button. Like every Made to Measure garment, the bottle bears the signature of house founder Guccio Gucci, here inscribed in jet enamel. Each flacon bears a hand-brushed—thus individually finished—solid metal cap, in an exclusive golden color, featuring the house’s famous horsebit sitting prominently aloft it. The box is adorned with Gucci’s Diamante pattern, which dates back to the 1930s and reflects the house’s heritage. It also boasts a muted gold and gunmetal variation of the iconic Gucci web stripe.”

The face of the perfume is actor, director and writer James Franco. Creative director of the house Frida Giannini explained: “The look of Made to Measure needed to be something extremely special and this is what we have achieved. It is as stylish and cultivated as our suited protagonist.”

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette with an accompanying collection.

Calabrian bergamot Tunisian Orange Blossom Lavender Anise

Nutmeg Water Lily Plum Cinnamon Juniper Berries

Labdanum Patchouli Leather Amber

Made to Measure Fragrance Reviews

At first I thought it would be some sort of peppery/woody "synthetic" nightmare scent, but it soon settled down into something decent. However, I found myself thinking things like, "this seems like Michael for Men [Kors] but with some missing notes." Unfortunately, I like those missing notes! It's certainly not bad if you aren't going to pay much attention to a scent you are wearing on a given day, but I generally like to wear scents of a different type (than ones I tend to wear frequently, such as "fresh"/sport) or "cheapos." I won't totally dismiss this one yet, though, because it may be good if my sensitivity becomes high again and I can't deal with stronger/bolder scents. On the other hand, my guess is that for the designers, this soon will be considered bold and provocative!

aiton
aiton

Trust me on this one, just give it a chance... I started not liking this fragrance just as a lot of people around here, but after using it for a week now, I think It's actually very good.

racim
racim

sexy and elegant a smell not like other parfume very different

gpluciano
gpluciano

Smells basic/generic to me...Gucci needs to bring back the People behind the Scent that made Gucci fragrance Gucci.

periquito89
periquito89

More plain and smooth than Gucci pour Homme. The reviews indicates that is boring, unoriginal and so on. Indeed nothing exciting here, it fits in the cathegory "not bad". As it is weak and just a bit fresh, may in fact take the place of many others "just ok" scents. Well, to my nose at least is better than, for example, D&G The One Sport for men. I know its not a big deal but I prefer it over the original! Of course if you want something with more significative strength and longevity, stick to the original.

Atbinj
Atbinj

very underrated a very fresh spicy smell that gets me a lot of compliments definitely recommend a try
scent: 8/10
silliage: 7:10
versitility: 9/10
longevity: 7/10 6 hours

vbs
vbs

Bought this for daily wear this summer. Light and inoffensive synthetic lavender with synthetic spices and a light detergent musk/synthetic labdanum. Unremarkable fragrance but undeniably pleasant.

20cangfb
20cangfb

Why are you guys so ruthless to this fragrance?I think this is a very good quality fragrance.Ok that's not so longetive but 2-3 hours should be enough.So my opinion about this fragrance 8/10.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Gucci needs to reinvent itself under fragrances.
Generic and bland, seem to lack quality in the materials used, opens with a fresh touch of bergamot with lavender and the heart has something more honey, spicy fruity medium seems cinnamon, but lightweight.
The base gives enhanced with a leather or suede amber touch, which sent me to Only the Brave, lack creativity and boldness, as always.

Danziger
Danziger

This is a "c" class..

Barco84
Barco84

This fragrance is not THAT bad. It's a very inoffensive fragrance, I personally think it will work well at work or a black tie party or something of that nature! Also I get a very strong resemblance to Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I think this fragrance gets a bad reputation because its been introduced in a world where the expectation for "projection" is something that is very effusive, capable of drawing others in from an arm's length away. This is not THAT kind of fragrance.

Its was designed to smell like the fit of a well tailored suit - close to the skin. It has a VERY pleasant aroma that is smooth, well-blended and classy. My girlfriend loved this on a tester strip over 15-20 other colognes at Sephora. I sprayed it on my neck lightly, 3 squirts, and that lasted me over 10hrs of subtle, but always detectable to me, sillage. My girlfriend wasn't always aware of it, but when she leaned in, she could smell it. So yes - its light, but it lasts. Great smell.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

I cant believe this piece of crap in nominated for Fifi 2014!!!!
باورم نمیشه که چنین جیزی نامزد جایزه فیفی شده باشه . . .

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Mother once told me,

'If you have nothing good to say about someone or something, then just keep quiet'.

OK Ma.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

@ K1 i agree absolutely with you, where is the great Envy,the gorgeous Pour Homme and the legendary Rush??? Guys from Gucci bring them back on the market asap. About this one hmmm this in not a simple disaster this is THE MASTER OF DISASTER (it disappears on me after a half an hour) together with the plastic and synthetic Guilty Black Pour Homme.

supernaan
supernaan

absolutely weak vile scent. the plum smells more like prunes and the drydown is like vomit. seriously avoid this one at all costs. i cant believe they call this a mans scent also it's very floral at points. lasts all of 1 hr or so before becoming a skin scent which is ridiculous for a brand name like gucci. i gave mine away to a girl at work who gifted it to her bf who is also now trying to get rid of it. anyway dont take my word for it just smell it for yourself. you might end up liking it...but most likely you won't.

I sampled it today. And I like it a lot...it is a spicy scent, but the sweetness keeps it quite light, I find it stylish. It reminds me of Chanel Egoiste...I don't get the bad reviews!? This is very very wearable, maybe not in your face, a spice bomb, or sweet as candy, no, it is a good masculine solid elegant fragrance..nothing wrong there!, I guess simply elegant can nowadays be perceived as generic, well I can see my husband pulling it off nicely!!

K1
K1

I get an unwanted free sample card and it's about an hour I'm swearing! What a disaster! lavender/plum/silly leather'ish perfume that smells like detergent and liquid paper adhesive in the opening! What a cockless manly perfume! Be wise and reproduce Pour Homme and Envy back.

Extol
Extol

Got a sample in the mail. While I know it is just a sample, I can at least get a good idea of it. This is partially why I do not say "like", "love", or "dislike" on any samplers I try. Because that wouldn't be fair.

The smell is fine, I guess. I just expected something with more... layers? It just doesn't seem to have a lot of depth to it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's fine. I wouldn't say it's bad at all. I am sure there are plenty of those whom wear cologne and don't want it to be a bomb and this would be perfect for them.

While I cannot speak for the longevity or the sillage, I will just say everyone else is probably accurate in what they say. Weak longevity and sillage.

NINaudio
NINaudio

Super light fragrance. Almost completely gone in 40 minutes. A friend at work who always knows when I am wearing cologne couldn't even smell it. She had to practically put her nose on my wrist to get a whiff of it. Pass on this one.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Made to Fail ,
Bring back Gucci PH1 , Envy and Rush MOFOs!

kigyo
kigyo

Horrid. Thankfully, it disappears in less than an hour.

mfeezy
mfeezy

Nothing special to my nose. I don't think it's bad - just not worth purchasing. It's pretty universal as far as when to wear it...

lil_taul
lil_taul

Between ages 20-35. Its nice. Its different too so I can see the many of dislikes
true story. My cuzin was wit me wen I bought it. She thought it was an average cologne. 3 days later I wore it. She walks n da room. She says...what an amazing smell!!!!! I lied and said polo. 1 hr later I told her it was da cologne I bought she thought was average. She couldn't believe it. Now she is inlove wit it

Catch22
Catch22

I'm surprised at the number of dislikes on this one. I've been wearing this for a couple of weeks now and really love it.

I'm a fifty year old man and perhaps my tastes run a bit more reserved than the younger guys and this one finds the sweet spot between sillage and understatement. I get a good 6 hours with it.

This is a well balanced, classy fragrance that, like a blue blazer, can be worn anytime of the year in any setting.

juanma
juanma

Un lanzamiento poco interesante por parte de Gucci según mi opinión. Esta fragancia huele masculina definitivamente. No la sentí elegante como la presenta la publicidad, de hecho la sentí bastante cotidiana y para el uso diario. Me refiero a que puede usarse fácilmente en la oficina o para situaciones no tan formales que requieran un perfume mas sofisticado. Es actual pero tiene notas que la hacen que huela algo clásica. No es tan juvenil ni tan madura, quizás para alguien de 25 años en adelante. Se puede usar en cualquier época del año pero preferentemente en primavera, veranos no tan calurosos y otoño. El problema que tiene esta fragancia es que es difícil de memorizar o sea es fácil de olvidar ya que se confunde con otras fragancias existentes en el mercado. La longevidad en papel es buena pero suave y el sillage es regular. No está mal y hay personas a las que le gusta esto pero no es para mí.

ivanposh
ivanposh

I bought it yesterday for a boyfriend. I like it a lot. Fresh, sexy and pleasant. I feel a little little soupiness in this juice. The longevity is very good on his skin as well as projection. I find it very sexy and nice. I would buy it for myself as well but we don´t like to use same stuff. Give it a try.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Made to Forget would be a more appropriate name.

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

Got a sample and popped it on two of the men in my house and quite liked it. Masculine, nothing feminine here.

It probably isn't unique but I find it quite appealing.

I'm surprised at all the dislikes, but I'm a woman commenting - maybe this is one I should leave to the men. I didn't see the ads so not sure how Gucci try to advertise it - sounds like they may oversell and that's perhaps not a good thing to those that have tried several Gucci frags.

I don't tend to like most of the Gucci's either.

I should add unlike many I found a surprisingly good longevity and sillage.

I'd say maybe 6/10

09scottm
09scottm

Boring. Linear. Generic. Weak. NEXT

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

The magazine sample smelled like Windex

usas
usas

Made a 360 on this one.

At first try I liked it: generic but well executed.
After having bought a small bottle, the weird and sharp top notes irritated me.
Yesterday I tried it again and although still weird, I like it right now.

The "weird" topnotes are also present in the new Gucci Pour Homme (same bottle, different colour). They are a bit synthetic and remind me of really cheap fake perfume you find on markets. However, once gotten used to it, it has something.
Compared to Gucci Pour Homme, Gucci Made to Measure is a fresher and lighter alternative. Not too sweet, which I like, but still fruity. Ideal for at the gym.

7,5/10

Elodia
Elodia

It's not a bad fragrance by any means, but like many others before me said, it doesn't break new ground either. It's a fresh scent that's good for casual use, and certainly won't offend anyone within its proximity. It's not particularly powerful and does seem to settle fairly quickly, so it does require occasional reapplying.

Seanery
Seanery

I am quite suprised at how many haters there are. I can only imagine that there are a lot of people who are looking for a scent that is EASY to like or something that is trending. I think people are automatically taking the easy route by hating it instead of trying to contemplate a deeper understanding of the scent itself.

For example: Gucci Made To Measure has introduced Water Lilly as one of the notes in a Mens Perfume. I looked at all the other perfumes by Gucci on this website and this is the first instance that they have done this. I don't know what the ratio is in regards to how much Water Lilly is used, but I can say with certainty that I can detect something in THIS Gucci perfume that I haven't experienced in any of their other fragrances. I believe this to be the Water Lilly.

I think that this is a lovely fragrance. Made To Measure is NOT a fragrance with a bang that gets everyones attention... but maybe that is the point.

My main point is that when it comes to perfume, much like Painting, Music, Sculpture; the Arts: it is a critic's responsibility to put in some consideration of why the artist or designer made, whatever it is they made, the way they made it. I know I personally don't know NEARLY as much as a perfumer does in regards to scent so already my judgements and criticisms have little to no weight to them. But what is important is that I am TRYING to understand the creators intent and desire for the piece that I am experiencing.

I don't mean to be preachy but it felt necessary to share that with everyone.

Giezza
Giezza

The first time I sprayed it, I was shocked. It smells so strong and generic. I don't find anything special in it. After read most of the comments here, I think it's not just me who dislike it. Not many fragrances give me headache but this one is.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Gucci is a very predictable brand when it comes to fragrance releases. We normally expect them to release something generic, timid, and something that lacks character. Surprise, surprise, they've done it again! This fragrance is one of the most timid fragrances I have ever smelled. To be honest, it smelled like nothing. No longevity, no projection, and no scent.

It's sad to see a brand like Gucci go downhill because of such uninspiring fragrances, especially since I greatly enjoy GPHI and GPHII. Aside from their fragrances though, their clothing line is quality.

Just like Valfar said in his review, this was made to suck. This is a 100% pass.

carla isabel
carla isabel

Don't understand why so many dislike. Is an amazing fragrance, my husband fave and also mine. Very masculine, sexy ,strong and soft, warm and fresh, is a lovely complex but balanced fragrance .

daviduccio79
daviduccio79

Poor longevity and very soft sillage.
Nothing special.

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

this bottle and name definetely deserve better...good old nobile, envy, ph1, ph2...

kingfisher
kingfisher

Tried it today, Guys this is 99.9% identical to Hugo by Hugo Boss. They are just trying to make few bucks out of young kids. Shame!!

mgbolkent
mgbolkent

I was expecting much more from Gucci, it is very ordinary scent, I like it but nothing special, kinda disappointed:((

Bobster
Bobster

boring, boring, boring....Why in the world is gucci putting out these poor excuses of a fragrances? No offense to anyone here who likes this but come on it's like they took a bottle, put some filtered water in it and added just a few drops of essential oils without thinking twice about it. No projection, No longevity, and it literally smells like nothing to me. Forgive my very thorough but honest review. F in my book.

naipe
naipe

We want Envy back!

SneezeFreeze
SneezeFreeze

Most bashed fragrance of all 2013 releases - Rightly so. This has no character, nothing new. Get well soon Gucci

Senzadite
Senzadite

Whoever vote for strong projection or lonegvity im sure is being paid by Gucci...now to the facts, this is a very poor version of the worst Curve flanker you could think of...not yet? o.k. imagine a meeting where head executives at Gucci are discusing the new product:

-O.k., now how are we gonna get the money out of all the stupid, bland, 89 I.Q., average guy out there???

-Let´s bottle that discontinued Axe deodorant dillut it in alcohol and put it on a nice bottle.

now guys: did you got it?

RIYL: any "fresh" Axe deodorant ,to be robbed.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Perhaps the worst Gucci fragrance: ordinary, obsolete, in a word ... bad.

34THN13
34THN13

Gucci Guilty Pour Homme + Gucci Pour Homme II = Gucci Made to Measure. Ok lets talk about Gucci Made to Measure... This stuff opening similar to Gucci Guilty 30 minutes later smell like Gucci PH2. I smell more Lavander, Cinnamon and Amber. I think this stuff smell like really Gucci PH2 but lighter version. A little bit smell like Prada Luna Rossa but a little bit.. Ok Gucci Made to Measure heavy,fresh and very aromatic scent. Wearable all seasons. 6 Hours stay on my skin. I like this stuff but when I buy Gucci definitely buy Gucci Pour Homme 2 because PH2 still best gucci fragrance. Gucci why use same bottle I don't understand.. I think this stuff office scent but ı don't use this fragrancebecause smell so cheap..
Smell: 3/10
Lasting: 6/10
Longevity: 5-6 hours

Albin
Albin

I think we need the button "hate" in this case.

jason8008
jason8008

i like it,the dry down smells like original guilty..the top notes is medium sweet with a hint of ginger..light spicy..lovable smell but doesnt last so long,but still feel the mild projection throughout the hours..longevity about 6 hours..not bad at all..

Nick M
Nick M

For the (un)confident man who thinks "That's right, I wear cologne... don't you find me interesting?"

Not to be a wise-guy but I thought the initial spray on the sample card was all right; I even tried some on my clothes but it just vanished within an hour. If it were more potent, it might have a chance but it's a bust as is.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

One of the most timid fragrances I have tried so far; it barely registers on me at all - and that's with spraying a healthy amount on cotton! It seems to be taking the industry's current passion for faint scents to a new extreme.

Perhaps it's just as well... if they cranked up the concentration level it would smell undistinguished and conventional. It smells like a leather jacket and perhaps some lavender from about a mile away, caught on the briefest of breezes.

Don't bother. If you have to have a Gucci scent, get the inifinitely better Pour Homme II.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A light floral fragrance which is close to the skin..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 10 secs - Initial spray is lovely - clean, crips, class, debonair posh, sexy

10 secs- 1hour 15 mins - 4 inch projection but very very light and subtle - I would not be suprised if many get liitle to zero projection from this fragrnace. This projects a light lavender with floral fragrance, almost unisex, yet on the skin is a harsh woodys, spicy, generic, masculine smell.

1 hour 15 mins - 2.5 hours - 2 inch projection but still hardly anything there. Gets soapy-floral-lavender and tame and has very poor quality and common place

2.5 hours - 4 hours. Close to skin and gets harsh and little smoky on the skin - the quality of this fragrance is very low.

I cannot fathom how this passed testing at Gucci?.. are there many there who just say what people want to hear and not challenge? Where are the quality standards? It's as if someone has said just do a woodsy frag, it will appeal and sell - I don't think this will. The initial smell may fool many, but they won't come back a 2nd time

Not for me

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

حضور دوبار یک مرد از گذشته نه زیاد دور اما باخاطرات خاص خود که توانسته است با شروع دیگر مسیر خود را آغشته به خاطرات جدید و جذابی را برای محیط کار و محل خصوصی خود را باطراوت ترنج و میوه های آب دار و ادویه خاص بجا گذارد تا شما بهترین لذت ها خود را در ذهن بیادداشته باشید.

Marciu

Btw, it's made to measure how bad Gucci smells nowadays.

Marciu

Initial spray of Made to Measure really surprised me. It has a very potent plum note, which makes it unique. I really started to think it's something different. And then everything was as usual with recent Gucci "perfumes" - synthetic lavender with flowery notes came in. You can easily tell it's from P&G.

It was my last mens Gucci's mainstream fragrance test, I guess. I have to check Museo Forever Now, though.

dolcethadon

I just received a paper sample of Gucci's Made to Measure in a Ulta magazine.. As I write this review I continue to sniff it and take in the scent.. It opens up very bright and super fresh, almost like an aquatic.. I can kind of smell certain notes like the lavender, bergamot, and anise in the beginning, even though they are hard to tell apart from each other.. All I smell is very fresh and somewhat generic.. Than the middle notes start to come into play, I kind of smell a little nutmeg, plum, and I do smell some cinammon.. But all the notes above are hard to detect because they are drowned out by that generic super fresh smell that is dominating the fragrance.. It is hard to tell what this fragrance consist of and what the base notes are.. I do detect some leather in the base but nothing really stands out.. I cant really hate on this fragrance and I wont, but I guess everyone has there own tastes.. It is not as bad as some people are making it out to be.. It is a decent fragrance for those who appreciate fresh scents.. It does not smell very cheap to me or bad quality, just very generic.. Gucci was known for making masterpieces like Envy, Rush, and Pour Homme.. That is the reason why I am slightly prejudice against these new generic Gucci releases..

matsilversurfer
matsilversurfer

instead I find it very good, at least at the first meeting

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

a Bad Joke from Gucci....

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

Just another generic scent! Very disappointed with this Gucci flanker.

GinoK
GinoK

It smells just like soap, am i wrong?

Idlehands
Idlehands

this is a classy scent. kinda has a smokey, peppery, citrusy feel to it. I would say that it's.....nice. is it ground breaking? no. but what did you expect? you can grab this at your local Dillard's for Pete's sake. it smells familiar. But it really has a nice scent. it's just a shame Gucci isn't doing anything more interesting. I would say if you like scents such as Armani code or Gucci guilty, you would probably find this one to be a good scent for you. smells good. No reason to hate on it...it's designed to be mass I marketed and to sell. it wasn't made to be a classic, obviously. I'd wear it if it were gifted to me, but wouldn't pay 60 bucks for.

Wise-222
Wise-222

it's the cheapest fragrance I have seen.

mse-21
mse-21

This shares a similar structure at the top with Guilty PH. This makes the opening and beginning very similar to that one. But later (probably after half an hour) I get a base which is more like the Gucci by Gucci PH (and the Sport flanker) rather than Guilty. In fact the dry down on my skin is like a cross between Guilty PH and those two.

Smells good on my skin but sadly doesn't last. Needless to say, very elegant bottle it has! Overall: 5 out of 10.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This will be a super short sweet review overall this isn't a bad scent per se, it just smells so generic like I smelled it before, && when I smelled it I even said this reminds me of something else...just boring nothing ground breaking, bit of a tosser really...

bwcw81
bwcw81

The overall scent can be classify as : Simple, Classic and Polite - The first notes is slight powdery/ dusty with citrus and hints of spicy notes, slowly evolve to mild woodsy with hints of floral scent for the rest of the notes. Lasting power great - 5 hours on me. Stay closed to you and quite a formal scent for office wear, not bad at all. This is much better then the gucci by gucci and the flanker sport edition. 6/10 from me.
p.s. The advertisement is somehow in contra of what the scent really is, try it without the prejudice of the ads please.

funnyboy
funnyboy

Nothing exciting here,gone in under 3 hours. I enjoyed the top notes when it is first sprayed but dislike the nutmeg and spice in the drydown.the only Gucci I really loved were the original men's fragrance and the ladies Gucci 111.
Please bring them back as the newer Gucci's have no lasting power or originality!!

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

This is one of the final nails in the coffin for Gucci fragrances. They have now succeeded in taking all their masterpieces off the market and in heroic fashion spent tens of millions in ad-campaigns to achieve it.

It is a zero fragrance that smells of;...
.......a fragrance.

It is, additionally, quite fragrantly non-descript.

Their florid description harps-on about their flacon, the actor branding it and mens suits more than the liquid.

Surprise!

**Postscript (on a positive note they have at least chosen the right colour for it)

marekkalinowski
marekkalinowski

Hi folks. Just seen it and tested it . Like most of you already said it , it is ok. frag . Nothing special nor bad either, sort of office , day scent. Plesant , masculine and not offensive,Wouldn't reject it as a Christmas gift . 7 out of 10

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

So I received a sample of this in the mail, and took a sniff. I honestly thought this would be a drop dead gorgeous scent, as my movie-star husband James Franco is sponsoring it (hey, I can dream!). Perchance a scent that reminisces of a by-gone era where men wore tailored suits and tuxedos.

But alas...it is nothing like what I envisioned it to be. While it is pleasant, it's hardly the kind of scent that if I smelled this on a man, it would pique my interest (or make me go wild with desire, LOL!).

This could very well be the next scent of Old Spice body wash. Like I said, pleasant...but hardly worth the money, or the image it's perpetuated to be.

So sad.

Valfar
Valfar

Made To Suck! This one is so boring and trivial. Plus longevity and sillage suck. Don't even bother trying this one. Really!

spartan
spartan

HMMM, Made to Measure exactly what? How much gucci has become A mass retailer for PROFIT by putting out Inferior products to the Market.
Pathetic.

juaguz
juaguz

I love it... its between Gucci by gucci pour homme and gucci guilty

dozza14
dozza14

weak and nothingy!!

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

Why?? Why??? Gucci! I really wanted this time to surprise me with something that at least in a way reminds me of the HERITAGE and QUALITY of that house, which created almost niche quality fragrances, like Envy, GPH 1 and GPH2..but..
I thought at Guilty that something is going wrong, however I have to admit at least Gucci Guilty is still not bad if you are looking for something ordinary and easy to wear for the hot weather. I could even call sensual. But this?? I mean really?? This is whats made to measure at Gucci nowadays?? This fragrance is the most synthetic s..t I have ever smelled! Im not upset, I am really ANGRY, to see that one of my favorite brand is on they way down to the road, becoming an overpriced and overhyped fashion brand for reach teenagers and barbie dolls. How can it be that this mess hits the market and people even buy this?!! James Franco? Great actor, but I would think twice If I would give my name to this new "fragrance" which smells like my cheapest air refresher. SHAME!!

ravjan
ravjan

How come has this scent come into Oriental Spicy category??? It's neither oriental or spicy. It's generically fresh-aromatic. It's been hundreds of times before. And then the campaign, the face ... how very inconsistent! The ad evokes elegance, sophistication, formality. The perfume does not match this image in an inch. It's more for skateboarding teenagers!

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

Just smelled Made to Measure and what a disappointment.
It smells good but nothing unique and worth spending $$$ on it, terribly generic. I was expecting a nice comeback from Gucci with this one but its a strictly a pass for me. Longevity was no more than 4 hours and sillage was very average. Great bottle though.
2 out of 5.

Marciu

Anyone knows who made this?

Deefit
Deefit

It's not a bad fragrance but it's also not very unique to say the least. I found it very generic and boring even. It hardly projects either. Too bad, because Gucci has made great scents in the past.

m1156943
m1156943

A step up from gucci guilty line!

Gault
Gault

The smell itself is somewhere between a weak Gucci by Gucci, Lacoste Pour Homme and one of the La Nuit de L'Homme scents, although not so dark nor that powdery as those.
Its just weak to be noticable and I have the feeling something really missing from it, maybe some dark spicy tone that would counterweight the sour plum note, now that could have been interesting. I could love the scent if tea would be in it and it would be stronger both projection and longevity wise.
I would not spend money on this, but a revisioned darker/woodier flanker would definitely catch my attention.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

I got a sample decant of Made to Measure, I agree with most of the reviewers that it is highly boring and generic and ordinary fragrance I am not saying it is unpleasant or bad but it smells lot many other colognes and the other thing longevity and projection is bad too. Only bottle and packaging looks nice. The only thing I liked about this fragrance is the top notes which are although generic but they are quite masculine and pleasant to my nose.

5 out of 10..

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Really nice scent. Smells sexy and pleasant! The bottle looks great too. It's warm, sweet, and spicy but can be worn by the younger crowd too (20+). Love the amber and nutmeg in this.

It's super versatile as well, this is an ALL season fragrance. I think it's primarily best suited for evening/date/night out wear but it can easily be pulled off in the day. This is definitely signature scent worthy.

The let down is the longevity. I've sprayed some on my arm an hour ago and it's very soft now. I can tell it'll be gone in the next hour…
Projection is good for the time it lasts however.

I think the conclusion is that if you're a fragrance connoisseur then this will bore you. If you're just looking for a great new fragrance then check this one out !

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

It's very boring and uninspired.... Once again, catering to stereotypes for the sake of selling to men that just don't care too much about being picky for fragrance.

It's overdone, and smells like pretty much everything else on the same counter, because department stores only sell the generic, overly-safe junk for men that are terrified of smelling "feminine".

Done & Dusted
Done & Dusted

I was troubled as to why this was so damn bland. Nice looking bottle & nice presentation. Gucci by Gucci is the best of the new line, but I was expecting this to surpass Gucci by Gucci.(and that's not saying much). Zero personality to this! What the hell has happened to Gucci?
Even James Franco looks totally uninspired behind the wheel. There is no feeling to the photo or the fragrance.

Just tried this yesterday in the shop so I've by no means given it a fair trial. To me it smells quite generic, like something I've smelled before can't quite put my finger on it.
I think it's unfair to be critical because its not offensive or unpleasant and is certainly better for me than the other Gucci ones in a similar bottle...which are pretty awful.
It would appear from the ratings here that it has people divided either love or hate...I'll be leaving it well alone not because it's bad, just not my style.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Just smelled this here at work at Macy's. Wow, is this EVER pathetic. Feminine, cheap-smelling, and a mash-up of sweetish notes that makes me want to recoil. Down there with JOOP! Homme on the horrifically abominable fragrance scale.

Riverwide
Riverwide

Absolutely wonderful fragrance...if you want to smell of PAPER. No, I am not exaggerating. This is as close to smelling of nothing as you can get. It smells like the inside of a magazine. I thought the Gucci Guilty fragrances were bland until I smelled this one.

I am genuinely shocked that any sane individual would spend money on drek like this. You simply cannot be a fragrance enthusiast and also like this. It's the very antithesis of "fragrance".

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Very nice opening. Sweet, fruity but masculine. Then it turns very ordinary. Cheap musk with cheap powder.. Started fine but a half hour in turned into a scrubber.

binker
binker

Should be called "made to pleasure" women love it. liked the gucci guilty fragrances & ive got the most compliments from them out of every fragrances I've had including ysl, dior & armani fragrances. Gucci made to pleasure is great & is a more refined dressed up & mature version of gucci guilty.

banks1124
banks1124

I clicked like for this fragrance because it doesn't smell bad. I do not like that it smells like another version of guilty. They both smell fine but c'mon how many times will this be redone. This is not new or interesting.
Update. I found a 20ml bottle at TJ Maxx for under $10 and figured why not. I gave it one good wear and couldn't stand it. I've changed my vote to dislike. I gave the small bottle to a 15 year old who will probably wear the hell out of it and good for him. I'M AN ADULT!!! This stuff sucks

Yes I have to agree. It had that Guilty vibe when I first tried it. Quite humble and easy to forget what it is. Made to Measure makes Guilty seems more interesting, in my opinion. They must have tried to fool us by going back to the old bottle design. Why not just call it L'eau de Guilty or something. Gucci will soon head back to the think tank and find a new direction.

$$
$$

Not bad but not good either.I would have ta pass on this.2 thumbs down!

antonpan
antonpan

Has Guilty really become so popular that Gucci decided to multiply its versions till the end of the world? Thus, Made to Measure during its developement smells like a sophisticated spicy peppery version of Guilty. It opens with a harsh spicy muted mix, soon the specific soapy citrus notes of Guilty appear. The best part of the fragrance is the final stage, when Made to Measure becomes woodier, a bit leathery, the freshness is being smoothed and we get the mild smell of strong black tea with bergamot. Unfortunately, the projection and longevity are very weak, even weaker than Gucci by Gucci has.

Finally, this one is a decent release for the modern market and especially for Gucci brand. Thank God it has nothing common with 1 million; Made to Measure is not sweet and not loud, being a skin scent. It smells like a son of Gucci by Gucci, at least they share the same mood. The problem is that, to my mind, the fragrance is not memorizable enough to become notable at the market.

pjd1234
pjd1234

Okay here we go another gucci release I finally had my sample of this and believe me when I say this I was hoping for a good one from this house but what I got is another generic release from gucci I get a citrusy sweet in the opening then settles down to a generic amber and patchoulli slight leather combo very much generic and synthetic. My goodness another crap from gucci and the price tag 85usd for 90ml you might as well buy axe or old spice. I will wear my joop anytime than this one or my paco rabanne i mil (you know as a lot hated that one for sure). Is it me or im just expecting more. I gave this one a fair shot and for me its a total fail am I comparing this to the old gucci releases of coarse im not ITS JUST A GENERIC BOREDOM SCENT its not made to measure anything. IF MY REVIEW IS WRONG HERE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON IT.
Longevity moderate 6 hours max on my skin 6/10
sillage poor to moderate quickly becomes a skin scent 6/10
Uniqueness nothing unique nothing memorable nothing to make you come back for more 5/10
overall smell 6/10 I dont usually give a 5 and I seldom dislike or vote for dislike on a perfume this could be the first.
price vs quality 5/10 a total rip off in my opinion 85usd for 90ml if your that of a fanboy of gucci let them take your money.
versatility summer spring hot humid days or night.

Salvatore715
Salvatore715

Not bad.. It settles real well. opening not great but worth the dry down.. Must try

dolcethadon

So I just took my first whiff of this at Macys and the first thing I thought was "Made to Measure" what? My ****! I was pissed and furious! Dissapointment! All I smell is alcohol! So reminiscent of all the rest of those cheap smelling fresh fragrances for men! Gucci what are you doing? You discontinued all your high quality Tom Ford masterpieces to make garbage like this! Niche and Vintage here I come! Thanks Frida!

jhitt793
jhitt793

A great scent, and seems to be a step in the right direction for the Gucci house after the less than desirable Gucci Guilty series. Definitely heavy lavender scent, but the inclusion of plum and lotus flower sweeten things a bit. Cinnamon, nutmeg and juniper berry offer a degree of spiciness, but are well blended. Lastly a warm leather accord rounds out the base offering depth and comfort. I consider this a modern aromatic fougere. Unfortunately this does smell rather commercial/pedestrian and I do not smell anything earth shatteringly inventive here. Despite it all, I predict Made to Measure will be popular amongst consumers. (46)

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I work in a duty free shop so I get to try perfumes early. And I am really sorry to be the first one to press dislike on this one.

The dislike here is not because it smells ugly or offensive... It's completely the opposite. It is generic, passively made, and completely unintresting. You get the feeling that you have smelled that, been there before.

The main notes that I can detect are lavender and bergamot which reminds me of Prada's Luna rossa(Maybe this is the reason I feel that this perfume is not new since Luna rossa is a new release too!). I can also detect a good vibe of anise and just a faint hint of cinnamon. Then, after a very long time, the base notes try to appear but they fail. Only the leather can be somewhat detected. You just know that the composition is not right when the base notes fail to appear after several hours. So, you end up with a strong citrus lavender smell which is not offensive but, as I said, rather generic and flat. The fact that Prada released their own version before gucci might be the reason of this review... But really, I want a unique perfume and Luna rossa is much much much better!

armaniboy

@pjd1234 first of all it's a Harrods exclusive and it's been out there for at least 2weeks now.there are also people that work in the perfume-cosmetics industry who try them first.the same people have families and friends or colleagues and they get to try most stuff first.Oh and by the way,I know it's subjective,but you are not missing anything here.this is Gucci made to lynx/axe measure.AMAZING :)

armaniboy

guilty,1million(traces-middle notes) and original gucci by gucci pour homme mixed together.Another mess from Gucci.after three sprays I was expecting better longevity.hideous bottle.idiotic name..to be honest it doesn't smell that bad.it just smells cheap(and its not),smells generic(and it is),smells boring enough to pass on it and stay away from that Gucci counter for a couple of years.

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

Heavy scent, fairly disappointed, thought it would be like gucci by gucci. Still love gucci pour homme 2

Made to Measure by Gucci 2.63 out of 5 based on 256 ratings and 101 user reviews

GUCCI MADE TO MEASURE for MEN by Gucci EDT SPRAY .17 OZ MINI
Gucci 'Made to Measure pour Homme' Set
Gift Set 3oz
Gucci Made To Measure Pour Homme Gift Set
Gucci Made To Measure Pour Homme Gift Set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Gucci Made to Measure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Gucci Made to Measure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Made to Measure by Gucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Made to Measure by Gucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.