Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angélique Noire Guerlain for women and men

Angélique Noire Guerlain for women and men
dislike

Angélique Noire Guerlain for women and men Pictures

For the event of opening of renovated main boutique La Maison Guerlain (The House of Guerlain) at 68 Avenue des Champs-Elysées, Paris, Guerlain launched exclusive line of three perfumes – L 'Art et la Matière (The Art and (raw) Material, a pun after the French expression L'Art et la Manière – the art and manners). Three famous noses were invited to work on the perfumes using the highest quality materials. The perfumes were launched in 2005.

Angélique Noire is the third fragrance of the series, created by Daniela Andrièr. It was an attempt to reproduce the famous compositions of the house. Sweet and strong beginning with spices and piquant freshness of bergamot is mixing with milky bitterness of almond and vanilla notes. Unusual harmony of the fresh bergamot and sweet vanilla is a trademark of classical compositions of Guerlain. Spicy harshness of the beginning is contrasting creamy and sweet base which includes mildly spicy and sugary notes of angelica. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

Angelica Red Berries Pear

Jasmine Caraway

Vanilla Angelica Cedar

Angélique Noire Fragrance Reviews

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Smells like Jessica Simpson Fancy Love on me. Very pretty, syrupy-sweet but still fresh.

israuseli
israuseli

Men's review:
WOW
Quality!!

This is a scent that really amazed me. Smells like a milliard $$. Litteraly smells like a rich person.

A bit feminine, mens can wear it though. Exetremley sexy!!
I mainly smell musk, vanilla(dominate) and a hint of florals, very rich and well blended
The dry down might be a little boring for some people.

Projection is unbelievable, longevity- at least 24 hours

Smells a bit like HYPNOSE for female by lancome

demby
demby

Angelique noir, abre con notas amargas oscuras y rico aroma de hierbas, angelica en su máxima expresión, aroma totalmente unisex y único, sin duda un éxito mas de la casa guerlain
excelente proyección y fijación un lujo al usarlo lo amo

weelylah
weelylah

When I first sprayed this, I loved it. This continued for about and hour or so. Thereafter it began to feel cloyingly sweet and lost the fresh, aniseedy, heliotropy , bitter opening that I had liked so much. The sweetness was distracting and finally unbearable. If you like this perfume, then the good thing is it seems to have incredible lasting power...Even after my shower the next morning I could still smell it. The opening was wonderful and if it had stayed like that on me I would have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

rosecat
rosecat

This is jaw dropping gorgeous, it has that magical Guerlain signature fairy dust notes you cannot mistake. Its a sweet vanilla potion with just the right amount of Angelica to give it a unique exotic touch, i feel its a delicate yet rich perfume, magical indeed. This is something one could wear everyday, for all occasions. I am so upset this is so expensive and difficult to find, otherwise its mine...all mine!

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I'm normally a Guerlain groupie: whilst I can see the attraction of this one and I like the scent, its so different from others in the family. On opening the decant, I was struck by the freshness of it-a punchy, fresh, citrus-herbal note that rapidly evolved into berries. The berry note was very strong on me-smooth and very sweet. This seemed to be far more gourmand than other Guerlains I've had with a very youthful sweet-fruity zesty zing to it. The angelica gives it a lovely powdery note, and then it tails off into a sandalwood-honey and vanilla base. I didn't get any true floral note on me at all. It may be called 'noire' but to me this is a fresh, herbal spring time or summer day time scent. Its light and refreshing, and longevity is good (about 8 hours on me).

henri345que
henri345que

There is something on Angelique Noire that always reminded me of Dior Addict. I find this intriguing because it was, at first, something that i dislike on it but today it's the main reason that i appreciate it. Both have a boozy vanilla aura, but while Addict was heavy and hard to wear and interpret Angelique is more light, leaving space to notice the citrus, spicy, floral and green aromas going on the vanilla's ocean surface. It's not exactly noire, since it has a kind of shiny gold aura, but it's not a word on its name that makes it less likeable. Oh, and i forgot to say that i find intriguing that the combination of notes do make me think sometimes in the smell of an exotic sweet orchid. Another good and solid gourmand on this beautiful line.

hanson26
hanson26

This perfume does a weird, total metamorphosis on my skin. It starts out green, wet and herbal on a nice vanilla base. It reminds me of being outside in a garden or something right after it has rained. Really beautiful and evocative, but I'm not sure I'd want to smell like it. But no worries, because it quickly turns into an ultra sophisticated, sweet, perfumey (and I mean this in a really good way) scent. It kind of reminds me of VC&A Orchidee Vanille, but that's sweeter and more gourmand. They are, however, both gorgeous florals based on a very realistic vanilla bean note. This is the 2nd L'Art et Matière I've tried and I'm not disappointed.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

A HUGE thank you to exciter76 for the GENEROUS decant she sent me as a graduation present (XOXOXO girl!) This scent is amazing! I really don't have experience with Angelica but I feel like I can tell it's there. The opening is really nice and very unique. It's a tad spicy, a bit fresh, slightly green or herbal I guess you could say. I didn't really notice the fruit but then again I wasn't looking for it. I didn't get the jasmine, per se, or the caraway, but I got the "emotion" they gave off as the scent progressed. The vanilla and angelica, of course, were the stars of the show, and my skin really picked up on the cedar as well. The drydown did remind me of the typical Guerlain vanilla drydown- the one present in my other Art et Matiere/Elixir Charnel scents- SDV, Gourmand Coquin, Oriental Brulant, and Iris Ganache. Of course each of those scents has other things present that make the vanilla more complex, but the vanilla note is the same (and I love it!). I love that all of the scents in this series have sort of a gourmand component, yet they steer clear of bakery, or foody, just shy of edible yet still scrumptious at the same time. I find this scent a bit lighter than some of the others in the series, but as with the others, the longevity is incredible. I put this on at 11:00 am yesterday. It is now 11:50 am (the next day) and I can still smell a slight lingering on my wrist. This is all with TWO sprays! TWO!!! So A++ for longevity, and sillage is nice as well. Moderate for many (~6) hours, and then close to the skin for the remainder. This is how a scent should be, IMO, and only Guerlain seems to be able to master it! I do love this scent but I'm thinking my ~10 mL decant should suffice, as I already own several others in this (or related) series, they are very pricey, a little goes a loooong way, and I like the ones I already own a wee bit more. It's gonna take me years to get through them anyways. BUT, I would gladly own decants of every single scent in the Art et Matiere and Elixir Charnel series. They are THAT good.

Vickie8895
Vickie8895

Does'nt this sometimes remind you ofJessica Simpsons Fancy? to me and my mom it does alot...I guess because they both have a high concentration of vanilla in them...but I love them both...but will stick to Fancy for now as the other is very pricey and will almost break the bank LOL! most of my fragrances are pretty well priced...but alot of themI just buy the samples especially By Kilian...Ebay has tons of fragrance samples and I like to shop there...that is where I got my 1000 2.5ounce edp spray for exactly about $80.00...good deal or what?!

Eos
Eos

Angelique Noire just doesn't work for me. On my skin this a bizarrely herbal vanilla scent that gave me a stomach ache to smell. I tried to scrub it off and it morphed into an herbal-caraway-cedar scent. This was a huge no for me.

PinoiPerfumista
PinoiPerfumista

I was at Harvey Nichols (Riyadh) earlier and I found my Holy Grail perfume in Angelique Noire. Jeca below nailed it when she described this perfume and when she compared this with the version of Fredric Malle which I also own.

This was love at first sniff for me that all of a sudden it reminded me of a line from the song "Hopelessly" by Rick Astley, which goes: "I don't care about the things I could lose, coz I'm hopelessly falling in love with you."

I am willing to give up all my other perfumes for Angelique Noire. Shame on me for discovering this 8 years AFTER it was launched.

But as they say, love can wait. Thank you for waiting for me, Angelique Noire.

Hayven
Hayven

I can see why people like this one; I can also understand why non-gourmand people might not as it mashes a bunch of different notes together. I rather enjoyed it, and I'm happy to be able to sample. It evoked strong memories in me.

I don't know what angelica is, but based on the picture I'm assuming it's a type of bush or tree. What surprised me is that this fragrance encompasses the smell of my parents' house during the winter holidays. My mom typically sets up all sorts of holiday scented candles around the house, and she might spritz a Christmas-themed room spray once in a while. The pine tree sits naked in the living room,unfurling its branches for a day or two after being released from from the plastic netting netting used for transport. My mom constantly makes sugar cookies during the 2 weeks befor Christmas. Now, I'm not saying this scent is of baked cookies, but rather the air smelling of them along with all the above mixed in. It's a unique smell, and Guerlain captured this moment in time for me.

Feelings aside, the longevity is excellent on me, about 6-7 hours. Projection is not very much, but that's all right by me because I like sniffing my sleeves and wrists to catch a whiff when I want to.

Thank you, Bettany87, for giving me an opportunity to try this beautiful fragrance.

orchid_84
orchid_84

As soon as I opened my sample vial, I knew Angelique Noire was going to be an interesting and addictive fragrance. Freshly applied, it smells bitter, green, creamy and astringent, all at once. It’s not as instantly likable as others I’ve tried from Guerlain’s L’Art et la Matiere line, but equally gorgeous and well-made.

Angelique Noire is rich, thick, and distinctively dark and herbal. This is a rather unique and mysterious floral-vanilla fragrance. Bitter caraway and peppery angelica mix with a fresh, green jasmine in the heart notes. The drydown is a dark, woody and powdery vanilla. Typically I find that deep medicinal accords are necessary to impart a "noir" feeling to a fragrance, at least for me. However, Angelique Noir manages to achieve that kind of rich depth without any medicinal quality - it does that instead with its strange, green, herbal-spicy accord. Personally I find it quite low on sweetness, with no trace of the pear or red berries to my nose.

Overall Angelique Noire is a haunting fragrance in which smooth vanilla mixes with darker, “scratchy” herbal and woody notes, making it a rather addictive combination of light and dark.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is a Guerlain that will appeal even to lovers of sweet fragrances. It is dark and mysterious, but also smooth and cosy.

As described, it opens with the typical bergamot/vanilla - along with the beautiful Angelica which has a spicy/herbal tone but is ultimately sweet and creamy.

It's quite magnificant really. Very unique it it's own right, although very Guerlain-esque.

The dry down is absolutely to die for - woody, powdery, vanilla - with the gorgeous Angelica leaving it's unmistakable stamp of loveliness till the very end.

wbp
wbp

Wow, this is really lovely!!! I can feel the fresh and herbal Angelica mixed with soft Vanilla. Such a beautiful fragrance. Thank you, oxiana for sending me a sample :)

diva90403
diva90403

Soft, sweet, vanilla, cream, innocent, quiet, powdery, well composed. I like it but it's for a different type of woman. Simply not me. No statement. For me it smells very similar to Jil Sander Sensations and doesn't satisfy the high price.

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

ooohhhh this is different, first time I wore it I just sprayed once on my left arm & the vanilla was very noticeable,with a hint of the red berries which reminded me of the smell of my tiny tears doll's head when I was a child - gorgeous & very comforting

second time I sprayed once on each arm & on my decollete whoooosh the Angelica hit me in the face full pout & has stayed the dominant note for the last 2.5 hrs now, the vanilla is only just starting to come through but only in whisps before the Angelica breezes back over it & I cannot detect any red berries at this point

I haven't been able to detect much wood or powder during both wearing's but I imagine the 3rd wearing will be a different experience again

so far Angelique Noire get's my vote :-) I could not imagine this on a man, to me it is a very womanly perfume x

update... this morning my skin smell's beautiful of subtle vanilla & red berries, the perfume has really melded itself to my skin - 15hrs has passed since I sprayed it on yesterday .....BIG THUMBS UP to GUERLAIN for this precious juice :-)

antfarm
antfarm

A very well-composed vanillic fragrance that smells just like L'Instant + wood. Because of that, I would not purchase, and especially at such a high price.

Angélique Noire is quite an alluring fragrance, however I'm not certain as to whether I like it or not. It's very sweet in a gourmand sort of a way, however it's not as vanillary as I expected it to be.

I don't believe I've ever smelt angelica in real life. The dominant angelica note in this composition took me quite by surprise. The opening of Angélique Noire was sugary and dusty on my skin, more fresh than rich.

Fruit accords such as, pear and red berries, gives Angélique Noire a slightly candied feel. It's quite a feminine scent with a youthful touch. I can imagine this fragrance appealing to the younger generation, however I doubt that they would be able to afford it.

Some reviewers have made note of the similarities between Angélique Noire and the pre-reformulated version of Dior Addict. This fragrance is less smoky than Addict, but they do have a lot in common.

Angélique Noire is sweet from the opening to the drydown. I absolutely loved the cedar note in the base alongside the vanilla. The overall result was a smooth and unique blend of sugary vanilla, fresh florals and damp woods.

This is not my favourite fragrance from the L'Art et la Matiere series, but for what it's worth, I did enjoy testing it. Angélique Noire may be expensive, but for your money you get a perfume with excellent sillage and longevity.

Bettany87
Bettany87

I tested 3 different Guerlains (Angelique Noire, Gourmand Coquin and Oriental Brulant), the notes on the Angelique intrigued me the most. All three are gorgeous but the hypnotic scent that lingered on my skin a few hours after ensured my decision of acquiring a bottle of the elegant Angelique Noire.

So creamy and luscious yet it does not overwhelm. The initial spray produced a lovely aura that is unmistakably vanilla with that touch of jasmine and angelica rendering that floral and very mild herbal characteristic. It exudes that feeling of warmth and comfort with its sweetness. The vanilla takes center stage in the dry down and the floral notes are quietly swaying in the background. I can slightly detect the wood note emerge but it does not inundate ... only in perfect harmony with the lush vanilla. Totally glorious!

Ten hours later and I am still cloaked in the beauty of Angelique Noire. I did not expect anything less and it absolutely delivered.

ilovemacchiato
ilovemacchiato

I ordered my decant of this from Surrender to Chance. I love this perfume so much that I just ordered a full bottle from Saks online. I love the warm sweet scent and the lasting power is the best!

Deppaholic

@ Fraize, I have no clue where to get samples, but you can buy this online at Neiman's or Nordy's. It runs about 260.00 USD. I love it!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A combination vanillic floral, but I feel that vanilla, unlike other in the L'Art line.
Angelica creates an aspect of another flower, and is kinda chocolatey, very little powdery, but it must be for her, and vanilla together. I feel a vibe of VCA Orchidee Vanille, and somewhat spicy that I do not know if have pepper, but it seems to have something like that. I only liked it, but in this magnificent line, I think is the weakest.

fraize
fraize

I was just wondering, how do you get samples...?! How much does,it cost? Thank-you!

Deppaholic

OMG....GUERLAIN ROCKS THE HOUSE AGAIN! I am a huge fan of their line, haven't tried any of their makeup yet, but these higher price tag Elixirs, I have both Asian Brulant and Coquin and ADORE them. AN is wonderful also. I agree with the one reviewer that said the cheaper Guerlain is nice, but once you try these, you just cannot go back to regular Champs or Shalimar. So, if Guerlain is reading these posts....do keep up the good work. I don't mind paying top $ for something that lasts all day, smells great and like nobody else walking around. It falls into the sultry sexy mysterious woman dressed in black in the corner of a smoke filled 1940's war era bar room, smoking her cigarette held in a white holder and if you have half a brain, you look around the room and see that she is a double agent and well aware of what is going on with the higher ups as she eyeballs the patrons looking at every detail of every soul that walks into and out of that joint. Her red lipstick, her dark hair and pale skin and as you walk past her table, you try not to meet eyes because you know she's in the know. Mysterious, dark and sexy and on the prowl. I love it! I smell the vanilla, but not over bearing. I am not as adept as explaining things as Sherapop, but I totally disagree on this one. I guess it all has to do with one's chemistry. And at the present moment, my numbers are adding up correctly with this beauty. I have never smelled anything like it.

nooory
nooory

This has more vanilla than SDV. I am not quite sure if it's my nose or the fact that i've the highest expectations for it to be as complex and dark and sweet as could be, but this smelled exactly like dessert. Exactly. It is perhaps the most gourmand of this line. reading all the reviews made me think that i might tried something that's not AN? Overall, I absolutely adore it, but it's kinda too gourmand for my taste.

dbrii24
dbrii24

This fragrance is a luxurious blend of vanilla, angelica and bergamot. It is a striking oriental floral that is sun-kissed with a beautiful powder note and sprinkled with woods to keep it from being too much. Angelique Noire is a goddess; she's classy, worldy but she's also flirty.

Majesty
Majesty

Tried Angelique Noire at Guerlain's exclusive boutique in Thessaloniki along with others from the exclusive line. To my nose this is pure angelica flower mixted with big dozes of vanilla.No caraway,pear or berries. On my skin it smells a bit bloody,deep,sensual.As time passes,vanilla gets more pronounced and a bit flat.Not the kind of scent I like to wear although I have to admit that the quality of ingredients is superior.Very good lasting power on my skin.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hello,
I got samples yesterday from exclusives and today wearing Angelique Noire, oh boy! This is so beautifull scent with hints of sweetness, and flower. Vanilla is sensed like a soft warm wind on your skin. I consider this is the best scent of this collection. Can`t wait to trying on hot summer evenings. I think this is more feminine scent than masculine, sweetness of this scent makes me think this way. Soft and beautifull indeed and goes straight to top of my purchase list. Love from the first sniff.

darkhorse
darkhorse

Less is More - in terms of the number of ingredients.
One of my favourites.
Very very seductive.

Kchild
Kchild

This does come out at you like a knife blade. It'll make you step back and think twice. It's that second thought that reels you in. It'll have you asking what is that? As you try and place it she will have morphed and will be starting to show her true olfactory colors. Now she's got you......

I love scents like this and have quite a few. Oriental vanille w/a grown up twist. A bit of almond never hurts either. If you love a good rich vanille then Angelique Noire is worth a sniff. Just remember that as with anything ubersexy, it may make you wait but the results are always worth it. Unlike many~I love this from beginning to end. And although I have many in this genre....all of them represent their very original take on these ingrediants.

The angelica in this is present for the full wearing. It gives a beautiful sharp edge to a creamy vanille w/a touch of spice and a hint of floral. AN is sensuous and yet I can see her being worn for business as well......as long as she's applied lightly. Definately a day into night scent and popcorn or opera glasses appropriate. This beauty will not be mistaken for anything less than what she was made to be....an Exclusive Guerlain made for today's woman.....or man.

Natalie467
Natalie467

I got a whiff of this in the store today and it was heavenly on paper, lots of fresh bergamot and almond, did not hang around for the dry down nor test on my skin-I had run out of room already! Will have to get back for a second sniff of this....

floof
floof

I had no intention of buying this but wowowowow I love it! I have never smelled angelica before, and I am pretty sure I can spot it in the notes because there was a mystery note and I know the other 2 very well. I love guerlain, their skincare, body treatments and most of all, their perfumes. I have noticed a trend with their more expensive lines that usually is true of most things but, you get what you pay for. This on reminds me a bit of Champs Elysees but smells more sharp and predictable fruity floral, this is well blended and less obvious with more vanilla. Wrist by wrist it Agelique Noire beats Champs Elysees edp by miles, but there is a slight similarity in the mid notes/drydown. C.E. is floral and almost synthetic compared to this beauty...

But the fragrance its self...
From beginning to end this is more rounded than CE, it starts with a blast of bergamot and subtle angelica after abut 5 minutes all layered with a vanilla undertone. For the rest of the time it is a blend of the three notes that last very well. The vanilla used here is a soft vanilla, nothing gourmand, unlike other reviewers have stated. Totally safe for all occasions I think, including work. Not dramatic, delicate and pretty with good lasting power. It reminds me of their skincare and body creams typical scent only as a gorgeous perfume that smells a lot better. I totally love this smell! I bought it after trying once and NO REGRETS! Love guerlain, I am not sure I can wear CE anymore this one is so much better. I have had the same experience with shalimar and the much more pricey Oriental Brulant elixir, I find the one it smells slightly similar to much less desirable after I have the new improved versions that the price tag always reflects. I am so thrilled with the long lasting beauty of A.N....

Very wearable, one of my favorites!

As a long-time fan of the Guerlain classics, I am really trying to keep the faith, but I must say that their string of plasticky quasi-gourmands are really not working for me.

ANGELIQUE NOIRE begins with such beauty and grace as a vanilla floral that I was sure I loved. Until, that is, it developed to the drydown, where once again, as in INSOLENCE and IRIS GANACHE, the dreaded plastic crept in.

IMNSHO, there is something awry with the idea of plastic mixed with edible elements. It reminds me of the time when I was making a batch of cookies that required a boiling of sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk for a full two minutes. I accidentally dropped the cocoa bag in the boiling concoction, and the edges of the plastic immediately disintegrated before I could fish the remains out. I couldn't decide whether to toss the batch out, especially given that these sorts of things apparently happen all the time unbeknownst to us in restaurants, factories, etc...

But I do not want to *perceive* the plastic in my gourmand delights! ANGELIQUE NOIRE is too gourmand to be rolling in a plastic note and causing me to wonder whether I should throw the whole batch out.

laurafran
laurafran

This perfume is amazingly different and complex. It changes on my skin through out the day and lasts for hours.

Here is my problem!! I am almost out and can not find it in the United States. It was a gift from my sister when she went to Paris. Does anyone know how to get it without a European trip?

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I tested it for the first time today and it knocked my socks off. Absolutely gorgeous! I got a creamy, delicious bouquet that dried into a heavenly piece of dark chocolate. Judging by other reviews, I wonder if I mistook this for something else (?)

alfiecronin
alfiecronin

Give this fragrance a second (or third) chance! It is worth it. The first whiff brings a blast of angelica flower--very strong. Admittedly, this is not the best part of the composition. Wait 20 minutes and you will discover a delicious vanilla, delicately mixed with floral notes that lasts and lasts. Many times I have watched others spray, whiff, jump back and declare, "I don't like this!" And then come back an hour later and say that this is just wonderful, what is it called? In my opinion, one of only 2 in the L 'Art et la Matière collection worth buying for a woman, the other being Cruel Gardenia.

F_A
F_A

Angelique noire was another surprise for me. Why? On my skin it is a twin sister of Guerlain's Shalimar Legere. These fragrances have this bittersweet grapefruit-vanilla scent combination, which makes these both fragrances refreshing and dark at the same time.
Lovely fragrance with a great staying power. A must try for all Guerlain's Shalimar Legere lovers!

raverdudes
raverdudes

Guest Angelique Noire >> I am indeed interested in buying it from you!! If you still have it, I would LOVE for us to figure out a way to carry that transaction... Thing is, I am in Caracas, Venezuela. If you do have it, please let me know at once! My e-mail address is Kenny.Cisneros@gmail.com

jeca
jeca

i like this fragrance most of other perfumes of the line. Mysterious and dark, musky and woody, with beautiful angelique note, which is musky in this composition and almost without aromatic nuances.

For instance, in the Frederic Malle collection, Angelique is herbaceous and aromatic.

There is a pretty woody powder (Shalimar) note in the end, but not so intensive.

Angélique Noire by Guerlain 4.37 out of 5 based on 340 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Angélique Noire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Angélique Noire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angélique Noire by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angélique Noire by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.