Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris Guerlain for women

Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris Guerlain for women
dislike

Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris Guerlain for women Pictures Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris Guerlain for women Pictures

Aqua Allegoria Figue – Iris of the Guerlain house comes to the market in March 2008. it was designed by three renowned noses Jean-Paul Guerlain, Marie Salamagne and Sylviane Delacourte. It is composed of notes of fig tree, iris flowers, luminous citruses and velvety vanilla.

Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris was created by Jean-Paul Guerlain, Marie Salamagne and Sylvaine Delacourte.

Bergamot Grapefruit Violet

iris Fig Leaf

Vanilla Vetiver

Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

I love fig & Iris and all the other ingredients listed in this fragrance. So, I should love it, right?.... Nope. It left me feeling underwhelmed and even frustrated. Fig & Iris are not particularly well represented here. Don't get the realistic notes of either one of them and "the juice" came out smelling some what vintage-like (not in a good way), synthetic & generic. Would not recommend.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Unlike other Aqua Allegorias, this scent is less fresh and more strong, sweet and powdery.

You can smell a lot of figue in it, so if you're a figue fan - this one's for you :)

Long lasting and with a moderate sillage.

ShawnStJames
ShawnStJames

For anyone interested I just noticed 2 bottles of this offered on ebay in the 2.5 oz bottles for around $35, they are missing the sprayers but I'm sure you could use one off of an old bottle.

hunterblu
hunterblu

Does anyone have a sample of this that they would trade or sell? Fig and iris? Love them both, never occurred to me to put them together. So curious...

iivanita
iivanita

this is Insolence mixed with herba fresca!! Insolence EDP but its milder version....add some herbs so you have a feeling its a sweet mediterranean fig :)nice one and so it lasts longer then other from the same line

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

I looked for this for ages - and finally found it in Tenerife!
I love it. Soft and not overpowering. Smells like it says on the box. I already wonder if I should have gotten a back-up bottle....

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

I really love fig scent, that is ripe fig fruit scent. Unfortunately most perfumes feture the fig tree, either leaves or wood, which makes them woodsy or green-woodsy. With two exceptions: Womanity by Thierry Mugler and this Aqua Allegoria. Who's looking for the gourmand version of fig should forget about expensive niche stuff like Phylosykon or the ones from Micaleff and L#artisan Parfumeur. They are woodsy, dry, masculine.

Does anybody wants to give up a bottle of Allegoria Fig and iris? Would make me haaaaaaaaaaaappy ;-)

naheed
naheed

Figue - Iris is somewhat close to skin and if one wants to get noticed then four puffs are not just enough for the purpose, it has to be at least double.

As the name suggests figue-iris and hence these two are the notes that play part in the whole composition. Iris is soft and powdery whereas figue is green with a little hint of wood. Initially starts with a bitter note of citrus peel and soon iris kicks in. Figue note doesn't seem to have blended well with iris and the two notes waft separately side by side. The woody green and a bit cookie like fragrance of figue doesn't last long and soon disappears leaving powdery iris alone, and there, the citrus peel and vanilla notes enter to join iris. So in the end it's a warm and creamy sweetness of vanilla, bitterness of citrus peel and powdery touch of iris.

On the whole, I like the way Figue-Iris develops and since it's close to skin, it's perfect for those who don't like very strong fragrances. I like it in particular.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a bottle of Figue Iris and finally I swapped it - I regret it! :P I shouldn't have swapped it just because of weak sillage :P

The fragrance is very Guerlain-like - I mean I noticed Guerlain likes to put iris into many perfumes and the iris with other notes makes Guerlain recognisable and unique (of course, they put not only iris ;) ) The beginning of Figue-Iris is a bit strange and somehow medicinal and then it becomes an interesting, sligtly powdery fragrance that stays close to skin. Lasting power is medium. All in all Figue Iris makes an impression but lacks sillage. I like it. Come back, my bottle! ;)

Addition: you know, I've bought a bottle again :D I'll write about my newest perception of the fragrance when it comes :)

So it's come!
It was worth buying again. Having Figue-Iris after a year break caused a few more thoughts.

Beginning is a bit lacquer-like, I mean as if fruit and flower were lacquered in a gentle and mild, special way. Similar situation is in the opening of Trussardi's Inside. Opening is weird but interesting and all in all OK. Then the fragrance shows me a fig, a sweet fig, a sweet fruit. I'm not a particular fig fan, I'm indifferent about it but here I like it. After the fig iris comes into play.
When I think about comparing them both to marriage... because the idea figue-iris isn't common, is it? such pairing :) It's a kind of marriage where the pair apparently doesn't fit. They both are different still they match somehow and they manage to stay together without heavy fights. It seems figue doesn't suit iris or iris doesn't suit the fig but it somehow works. One partner is different and the second one is too - both are fascinating. They stand shoulder by shoulder, this isn't an ideal marriage, they aren't two halves of one apple, still it works!

The fragrance is sweet and has a beautiful drydown, with a hint of amber or honey - I don't see it listed but maybe fig does so - not a good projection but a good lasting power on me.

Elegant in top and heart notes and cosy in the base.

Bottle: 5/5
Fragrance: 4,5/5
Lasting power: 4/5
Projection: 3/5

Lindy_Mop
Lindy_Mop

So sad that this was discontinued. I have passed my feelings on to Guerlain :) One of my favourites. This is a warm, Summery fragrance. Creamy vanilla and fig with gorgeous powdery iris, all livened up with a bit of citrus and deepened with woodiness preventing it from being too sweet. Delicious. Beautifully feminine. It takes me away to balmy climates. Sadly, I can't find another bottle anywhere.

Coco _Mademoiselle80
Coco _Mademoiselle80

It's a really special, fresh summer fragrance with figue, which I love, but it's lasting power is very poor, so I sold it. Later I regretted it, and I would buy an other bottle, because I can't live without this.

cifirica
cifirica

Such different perfume. Had lots of compliments wearing it. On me it's slightly powdery and has this magical combination of components that tease the nose. Absolutely in love with it!

Given the incredible interest in iris and the veritable fig folie in twenty-first century perfumery, perhaps it was inevitable that they would eventually be rolled together into one bottle, and here it is: Guerlain Aqua Allegoria FIGUE IRIS, one of the oddest compositions I've ever sniffed.

I love fig notes--everything from wood to leaves to fruit--and I love iris-violet notes. But what I find here is a somewhat inharmonic union, like a pre-arranged marriage that was never meant to be, though the unlucky couple suffers it out "for the sake of" their probably even unhappier kids (speaking from experience here...note to parents: your children do not benefit as the collateral damage of your war). But I digress.

My distinct impression is that FIGUE IRIS involves two very different perfumes poured into the same bottle. My concern is not that of those who dislike the Aqua Allegoria fragrances more generally--I like them a lot and am the contented owner of several. I simply do not like the dissonance of the woody-green, somewhat masculine fig with the super-feminine powdery iris-violet. Somehow they just don't fit and I feel convinced that they really should shake hands and go their separate ways. Désolée.

txlavender
txlavender

I am a fan of the Aqua Allegora line, but not this particular fragrance. It's too powdery-sugary for me. I like the fig fragrance but the powder is off-putting, like an old lady perfume.

adele l
adele l

It is very soft and gentle-an iris with a little twist of fig. It isn't too sweet. very pretty but not loud enough for me

Aalia
Aalia

This is odd and familiar at the same time. There is so much going on in this scent, but at the same time it has a very simple composition. At some moments; I think itś overbearing; with other whims, I imagine myself taking a bath in it! The bergamot opening isn't pronounced, itś just a faint, sharp, spice. This light touch of bergamot stays around, interacting with the other notes for quite awhile, yet, very gently, but still stirring up this commotion of conflicting sensations. The fig leaf too. This dry, herby, garden note seems to be a strange tone mixed in here, too. I like the violet in the top notes, and I love how the iris is strong and powerful, and long lasting here. The vanilla is prominent from first dab, right down to the base. That is another mismatch in this scent, this forceful, somewhat sugary vanilla. A cute, playful, sometimes blissful, QUIRKY scent!

Antonia Jacques
Antonia Jacques

I think this is spectacular, reminds me of being in the Mediterranean on a summers evening

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

After reading all the reviews here and the coposition of this perfume, i was very excited to give it a try, specially because of the figs and iris combination which i find very interesting and unique...man, was i wrong... i got sick from the smell. If aqua allegoria cherry blossom was way to weak, this one felt way too strong in a bad way. it smelled almost like carpet cleaner. i would never try anything from aqua allegoria ever again.

BethAshley
BethAshley

Figue-Iris is a graceful fragrance that is light and wearable. On my skin the iris and citrus notes are eclipsed by the sweet fig and woody/vanilla notes. After the dry down the iris temporarily comes out and makes it very powdery -- however it later disappears again behind the fig and wood notes.

This fragrance reminds me very much of By Kilian's Liaisons Dangereuses, but it is a lighter, more feminine version of it. Considering it's about $150 less expensive it's also great buy.

lilinah
lilinah

Ah, we're all so different!

On me, this one came on like gang-busters. I like an assertive fragrance, so i enjoyed the powerful aroma of green and wood that i got from "Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris". It was "loud" but refreshing, with its combination of bergamot and grapefruit, fig leaves, and vetiver.

It never smelled the least bit fruity or gourmand to me, in the bottle, on me wet, or after dry-down. Nor was it particularly floral, at least for quite some time.

So i bought a bottle.

Much later, i noticed how very different it had become on dry down. It had a slight sweet-and-sour scent i notice on me from many perfumes. But more dominant was a gentle sweet scent, perhaps fig fruit and vanilla, and the powdery smell of iris. I'm not a big fan of powdery smells. They're not unpleasant, they're just not "me".

However, i have recently learned that my boyfriend happens to like powdery scents, since i've been getting little samples of men's colognes for him to test. So i'll keep using it. Either way, this seems like an excellent fragrance for spring and summer.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Pleasantly surprised ! I love the fig twist to iris, but not in a very strong nauseating way. It is actually light. Have been using Angelique Lilas, but this one is worth recommending as well. So fresh and charming without being sweet :)

CountAnubis
CountAnubis

A magnificent scent! Slightly fruity and green, cramy-powdery and gourmand and absolute not to sweet. Reminds me of the suntanoil/lotion of my girlfrind, the one from "Hawaiian Tropic" its realy close to it. But just a finger tip better and cuddlyer ;D Its just deliciously creamy, sunny and with a hint of coconut. I recommend it for erveryone who likes not to sweet but gourmand/powdry/creamy scents or even Suntanlotion. ;D Mhmmm...

10 out of 10 Points

mimma
mimma

Unfortunately I can't help you, my friend gave me a sample, so I can say that it is unusual wonderful scent! Fruity sweet and green.

guest_jana
guest_jana

i have spent a few days deciding between this one and the more citrusy mandarine-basilic, and deciced for the latter (also i was thinking about pamplelune)-i have worn all three duting these days and they are so full of taste! love them. probably will buy the fing one next

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's like a green- mint fragrance on me. Maybe the fig leaf can do this.

guest_rogersgirl
guest_rogersgirl

My sister recommended this scent so I thought I would try it out. At first I wasn't sure about the smell. Walked around the mall for a while with this scent and after 10 minutes it smelled absolutely wonderful!!! a nice light sweet powdery smell..I do smell the fig and the iris..but not the citrus. The more the scent dried down the more I could smell the fig.Its not a sugary sweet scent or a baby powder scent at all. Very different and I love the combination of the Iris and Fig. I had to buy it, and have been wearing it every day so far. On me it has good lasting power for a EDT but its a scent that is close to the skin. Love this scent and would recommend anyone to try it:)

scenthound
scenthound

Very subtle, feminine and warm. I don't really smell the citrusy top notes mentioned here. Wish they made an EDP of this since the scent doesn't last very long.

Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris by Guerlain 3.90 out of 5 based on 167 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Figue - Iris by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.