Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia Guerlain for women

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia Guerlain for women
dislike

soapy

Flora Nerolia was created by Jean Paul Guerlain in 2000. The fragrance is delicate and floral with orange blossom in the centre. The man notes are: neroli and petitgrain (citrus leaves) in the top, and jasmine and orange blossom in the heart.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain.

Neroli Petitgrain

Orange Blossom Jasmine

Narcisse Noir

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia Fragrance Reviews

TillyWave
TillyWave

What a nice surprise, on my skin the jasmine is the most prominent note. The orange blossom and jasmine are sweet, succulent, natural essences that blend wonderfully together, but backing up…
Floral Nerolia (just rolls off your tongue doesn’t it) opens with a woody neroli, a huge bloom of it, and it slowly wears into the jasmine. Now this jasmine is not indolic, but it does have a thick nighttime vibe. I can describe it only like this—it smells like there is something going on beyond the jasmine, something that you can sense but not detect, and you are determined to find out what it is. The jasmine is backlit by the orange blossom, and they work in harmony for most of the perfume. The dry down is woody, with a small hint of incense musk. Like LovingtheAlien says, it is almost cashmere like in texture, nothing is harsh or synthetic.
This doesn’t wear that loudly but lasts at least 8 hours, pretty respectable in my opinion. Fantastically done and perfect natural, simple perfume, just like the Aqua Allegorias are supposed to be.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Gosh-a big, big blast of orange blossom that is soon overwhelmed with jasmine. This has a lot of ooomph behind it, feminine but loud and brassy. I love the neroli and orange blossom, but the jasmine is just too much for me-its a note I can only take in small doses and this isn't a small dose. It starts out very clean and fresh, sharp and tangy then settles to overwhelming jasmine. After about 4 hours it becomes a little soapy. This is lovely for Jasmine fans, but not right for me.

rinz09
rinz09

Just a lovely fume. I adore this stuff. It's bright, bubbly, but has a musky salty edge on my skin. The dry down smells like a flowery ambergris on me, which I love. This is just a gorgeous little orange blossom. I highly recommend.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This one is surely an overlooked treasure. The word "natural" comes to mind immediately. Heady orange blossom disperses right out of the bottle, hyper-realistic and blissful as the real thing. This is good, and I mean it - this is Diorissimo-level realism! Ever so gently, the focus moves from orange blossom to the scent of Thai jasmine. It could actually be any of several of the miscellaneous species of flowering bush that are called "jasmine," but it's not the typical perfume variety. It really smells like a walk in a subtropical garden in the morning. This doesn't make the mistake of being too high-pitched or too indolic - this is the look and feel of real, and it couldn't be more pleasing.

After a while, some base notes must show through! There is a prominent orange flower note in the base along with what seems to be a very delicate incense-musk structure. It could alternatively be cashmeran. It's just the slightest touch, though - an undercurrent to add a touch of darkness to the otherwise blindingly light fragrance. There is no powder or heaviness here; just sunlight and silk.

Gorgeous, unfussy, versatile, subtle, refreshing, calming - this is the best of the Allegoria series. Please do spray this one on fabric so you can really savor its development!

louanna
louanna

This perfume is amazing! To me it's pure white jasmine and jasmine is one of my favorite notes. It is so realistic, like standing next to a jasmine bush. But the best thing about it is, that I can smell jasmine whenever I want, and I don't have to wait for jasmines to bloom...I am so happy to own a big bottle!Woo Hoo!!!

iomel
iomel

How I wish that this water could tap into a pit, buckets of water this beautiful infinity.

fanny
fanny

What a sting you get right after first spray!..
I like it, the way I like most floral orange-y scents: it may not be used very often, but I consider it a Musthave in my wardrobe.

A very close sister of Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, but this is even more a 'one of a kind' type of perfume. It has a vibe of very old times, of simple white cotton dresses (when, if ever, will I start wearing those?) and of rural surroundings, even stables, which is GOOD in my book.

wbp
wbp

My favorite floral. I feel so much jasmine in it! It is just like the smell of a bush of italian jasmine comming from the windows of my house. It is so calming. I use it to go to sleep.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I absolutely love this perfume - gorgeous neroli at the beginning and then jasmine as well. Such a soft clean fresh scent - although it does get slightly too soapy for my liking.

However, still my favourite type of floral. One of those scents where I can't stop smelling myself when I'm wearing it because it's so lovely.

SheShe
SheShe

I had it but didn't like it because it was hard to breathe wearing this. The fragrance has a touch of vintage style in my opinion - I sometimes like it, but not in this Aqua Allegoria. Simply uncomfortable scent (and I like some other Allegorias).

lind2011
lind2011

It is a beautiful perfume, soothening and soft.. subtle and long lasting. Its jasmine notes are too good and they do not change notes over time.

latelittlesleeper
latelittlesleeper

I do recognize a bright neroli note here, but I am grateful when it fades to a skanky jasmine/orange blossom note, because the neroli is almost too detergent-y to me.

When it does fade into jasmine/orange blossom, I get this beautiful frankincense. It becomes both indolic and a bit churchy, a strange balance that in large doses makes my stomach roll. But just dabbed on, it's one of the sultriest white floral scents I've ever worn, gorgeous for the summer.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I took a little 5ml bottle to hospital with me a couple of years ago, together with Pamplelune (yuk), and have just unearthed it to re-smell. It's gorgeous! I get a really REALLY strong jonquil smell, like the famous Erlicheer jonquils. Is neroli a type of jonquil? I thought it was supposed to be orange blossom. As I adore jonquils I'm really enjoying this fragrance again in the current hot weather.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Flora Nerolia is the closest to the real orange tree flowers I could find. The opening is just stunningly beautiful. The neroli is fresh and crisp, it even has a tiny tartness to it! Then it calms down and loses some of that sparkling quality, turning most toward jasmine and orange blossom. I can see the similarity between this and Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia. They are both white flower perfumes,tropicals, but I prefer the tuberose one. Why? Because after a while, Flora Nerolia get a little soapy note. Not much of it, but enough to give it that aura of a "clean" perfume, which I am not crazy about. But it's a lovely tropical scent, without being cloying or boring. I can tell the flowers here are lush and "fleshy".
Silage and longevity are both above average, especially considering this is an "aqua".
If you wanted to love Fracas but you couldn't wear it, give this one a try, you might like it. It's still a bit of a powerhouse, but not chocking like Fracas.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

This Neroli is close to the real thing! I love wearing in during summer, because the fragrance lifts me up & makes me alert during heat-waves.

For some reason, neroli oil and perfumes in which neroli figures heavily always remind me of marijuana. Not that I have been around much of that substance lately, but associative olfactory memory is apparently quite strong!

Guerlain's AA FLORA NEROLIA is no exception to the rule. However, I love the way this simple yet pleasing combination dries down to a calmer floral shortly after the initially surprising spritz. The neroli does, however, dominate throughout.

FLORA NEROLIA is a completely unisex fragrance, in my opinion. It's not a scent that I would want to wear every day, but now and then I appreciate this dry brown grassy scent.

I would advise against wearing this fragrance on days when you are carrying controlled substances on your person...

kewart
kewart

Truly gorgeous! I swoon when I put this on

CaraMia
CaraMia

I think of The AA line as the "eaux" line for women. Pared down Guerlains when you are looking for something simple with recognizeable notes.

Flora Nerolia is IMO the spare female version of Eau de Guerlain it had the petitgrain and citrus blossom and even the bit of jasmine, but it strips out the masculine caraway and basil replacing it with a very feminine orange blossom.

I think of Eau de Guerlain as a masculine office scent and Flora Nerolia and a good choice for women searching for something subtle and not quite sexy. This would be a nice non-provocative scent to wear when perfumey choices would be deemed inappropriate.

Not sure Guerlain was thinking "professional" when they created this, but it would satisfy.

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia by Guerlain 3.85 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.