Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Foliflora Guerlain for women

Aqua Allegoria Foliflora Guerlain for women
dislike

Aqua Allegoria Foliflora Guerlain for women Pictures

An incredible feeling of joy and happiness! Foliflora was created in 2003. The notes are bergamot, neroli, white freesia, gardenia, peach, water lily, sandal, amber and vanilla.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain.

Neroli Bergamot

Freesia Apricot Gardenia

Sandalwood Amber Vanilla Angelica

Aqua Allegoria Foliflora Fragrance Reviews

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I overlooked Guerlains Aqua Allegoria line for a long time before I finally gave in to my curiosity. I honestly didn't expect to like them, but that was during a time when light florals and fresh, springy fragrances weren't on my mind. These days all I want are light and feminine florals of different variations. What I have come to appreciate about this whole line is that they really deliver just that. They offer a whole range of predominantly florals, soft spoken and classy, all different in some way from the one before it. Their citrus offerings are also very pleasant. All in all, I can't say a bad thing about these cutesy batootsy bottles because they are filled with sunshine and happiness. Not all of them will appeal to everyone, of course. But I think there is definetly something within this group of fragrances for everyone. My absolute favorite thus far is Foliflora.

Now, there's a lot to be said about a soft, yet well spoken fragrance. Not all in this genre from other houses can do what Foliflora does. They've made such a natural, well balanced, well blended seemingly "usual" floral that even the likes of Acqua Di Parma Gelsomino Nobile pale in comparison. The thing about Foliflora is that it's crisp, slightly green bitter opening is not synthetic at all. Nothing in here smells synthetic. The greenness, of which I believe the source to be neroli and linden, lends itself to broaden the realness of this particular pairing of citrus and florals. Only when I sniff real hard do I slightly begin to pick apart individual notes, but then it closes up again. These notes have been finely woven together, so everything stays in tact all the way through. I should also mention how well it lasts on my skin. Very well, especially considering the nature of the scent. I should not be surprised because after all, Foliflora was made by Guerlain, the oldest commercial perfume brand to stand. I'm very pleased with this finding. Thanks to Vie Cafe, who said I should pay this beauty some attention, I am all set for Spring and Summer. =) I love it so much I'd be absolutely content and satisfied wearing this and only this everyday all Spring and Summer long. To me, that deserves some praise.

Aqua Allegoria Foliflora is more fruity than floral. At least on my skin it is.

The neroli note in Foliflora is fairly dominant, further complimented by tart apricot and bergamot. The scent itself is quite green and fresh, perfect for those Spring and Summer days. Foliflora is also very feminine and classy.

If I happen to breathe hot air on to my wrist and then inhale, Foliflora begins to smell more flowery and less fruity. Noticing the freesia note listed in this scent pyramid, it may be my skin's reaction to freesia that causes this fragrance to wear differently on me than it does on others. With that in mind, do test this fragrance first before making a hasty purchase.

Foliflora to my nose smells like a cross between Versace Bright Crystal and Marc Jacobs Daisy. A strange hybrid I know, but the perfect way to describe what I smell.

In addition to Foliflora being a very pleasing scent, it also has great longevity and moderate sillage. Samples are still relatively easy to find online, however full bottles are few and far between.

SheShe
SheShe

I'm writing the review in December when the weather is cold and I guess Foliflora blooms the best in spring and early summer. Aqua Allegoria series isn't the greatest masterpiece of Guerlain, but I must admit they often have this special something making me want to know them and wear them from time to time (particularly in spring).

Foliflora has a powerful opening, flowery-citrusy one. Actually I was surprised there isn't lemon among the ingredients because the fragrance is lemony-flowery with a quite big dose of flowers (but not overdose!) The drydown is maybe the prettiest, amber gives it a chocolatey touch and this lemony feeling brings Covet to my mind a bit. The fragrance is green-white in my imagination with a brown touch in the base notes. Slightly sweet and slightly sour and nicely done. Thumbs up!

Kchild
Kchild

This is a stunning fresh floral. It's summer on the wind. As if a soft floral gust has just blown through an open window.

It's quite oddly not one that my nose can take apart well. It's beautifully blended and creates a scent that doesn't smell at all like it's notes. It all comes together to create an impression of the perfect field of summer flowers. Not tropical~but it'll transport you just the same.

The sillage and lasting power for this are impressive. This is very much it's own fragrance. An outstanding secret beauty. I don't know anyone who smells like this. Well....except for me of course! Shhhhhhh......

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria FOLIFLORA is every bit as herbal, thanks to angelica, as it is floral. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that this is more of an herbal than a floral composition. The angelica note is by far the most salient to my nose, and the florality is very low-key, making this light, natural-smelling creation perfect for those who feel stifled and oppressed by big fat floral fragrances.

I'm not huge fan of angelica, although here it is used judiciously and does not completely overwhelm everything else and expand to the point of suffocation, which is a problem I unfortunately sometimes encounter with angelica perfumes. I recommend FOLIFLORA for those who appreciate herbal, slightly green, and lightly floral perfumes.

mandelinka
mandelinka

bought this without trying this, nice warm flowery scent, what I get is mainly sweet pea (not sure where it's coming from,maybe just an association because of the picture on the box)
reminds me of 'pleasures intense' by e.lauder.
the staying power is very good, have to be bit carefull with this one as can be overpowering

Cereza
Cereza

Extremely wonderful flowers, so nice, sophisticated and natural. Fell in love with this one from the first minutes. Very, very gentle and special. For the first hour the sillage is a killer and I enjoyed every bit of it, but then after 3 hours it's gone. I understand why do they produce this in such enormous bottles - so you can reapply every 3 hours. Therefore I will say "like" to this one. I dislike reapplying. I use my scent in the morning and I think it must stay for at least good 7 hours. This one does not. But if you do not mind reapplying - go on, and just test. Beautiful flowers.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Of course, it's an eau de toilette with no staying power, but it's a pure thrill to wear! The last dew of this scent stays with you for a few hours, lifting the spirits. This might be the best floral scent I've ever smelled, it smells like the lightest buds before summer, the tragically beautiful smell of spring, of all of the white flowers that don't traslate into a heady sexual kind of smell. This is brilliant delicacy-not sweet, not scratchy, not powdery, not sour, not drowned in herbs and musk ...Aqua Allegoria Foliflora has that flowery smell that I long for during the winter, the smell of fresh gardenia, freesia, and lilies that are still growing, still alive, not chopped and placed in water! This is one of the freshest feminine scents I can imagine-having all the allure of wearing a tulle dress in a very green sunny clearing, an orchard not too far, and a kindhearted friend is pouring you a glass of dry champagne. If I haven't made it clear enough, this is is marvelous!

CaraMia
CaraMia

I like the editorial review on his one!

Foliflora may very well be the brightest and freshest of the Guerlain AA line

I was really surprised to lean that it has an amber and vanilla base, as the scent never goes gourmand on me. The leafy green citrus and fresia is what stays and stays with Foliflora and it does give you the impression of a moist leafy garden. I also expected to see "green note" listed as the composition is a green one, cool and enchanting throughout. Pretty, lovely and lifting, the garden here is one drenched in sunshine and gentle breezes. The florals are present but do not overpower Foliflora with sweetness making the scent appropriate in most settings.

I have a back up bottle of this one!

Aqua Allegoria Foliflora by Guerlain 3.84 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Foliflora fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Foliflora, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Foliflora by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Foliflora by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.