Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana Guerlain for women

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana Guerlain for women
dislike

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana Guerlain for women Pictures

This fragrance reminds of taking a walk in the mountains, and gentle springtime breeze. It was created in 2001. Bergamot, orange, and Japanese citrus of the beginning are followed by the intensive aroma of orange and pear of the heart. The trace smells of musk and sandal.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men.

Orange Lime Grapefruit Bergamot

Pear Gentiana

Sandalwood Musk

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana Fragrance Reviews

julieekerr
julieekerr

This is a lovey fresh clean perfume, very pretty and slightly tropical. I understand the clarins facial comment. I Have a well stored unopened bottle still in cellophane if anyone is looking for it.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

As it turns out, gentiana is an interesting little flower. Before Gentiana the perfume, I had no idea there ever was such a thing. This is so well blended, I'm having a difficult time distinguishing gentiana the note from its accompanying fruits, musk and wood. There is something vaguely mentholated around this unusual yet beautiful floral opening which is leading me to believe this is simply a facet of the mystery flower. It must be.

If you had all the notes minus gentiana flower, I believe you'd be left with a plain and simple fruity generic scent. This, on the other hand is so special, so dreamy, if you do the math it's definetly gentiana flower setting it apart. It smells deep blue. Gentiana reminds me of the Pacific Ocean on a rainy, overcast day when the wind is strong, the waves are high and the beach is barren. Yes. That's exactly it! This beauty certainly is not aquatic or salty. The connection is in the feeling.

There is something else, on a completely different plane, that grabbed my attention. To my amazement, I quickly realized not only does this smell good, it's the very same scent once found in my grandmothers home. To the T. I'm certain this perfume wasn't the cause because that was before its time. This scent hasn't entered my mind in over twenty years, but I'm instantly transported. It's as if I'm standing in her long hallway again, looking at the pictures on the wall, hearing her contagious laugh in the kitchen as she makes history over the stove. Her long haired white cat Scampi, her polar opposite, looking at me through the bedroom door daring me to take one step further. We kids dreaded that cat. But we loved her. And still do.

This is more than a perfume. It's my two way ticket to memories past at the warm home of George and Martha Miller. Thank you, Guerlain. For inadvertently giving me another piece of her to carry with me.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I received this fragrance in a swap and it turned out to be such a gem I couldn't expect!

Honestly, I have no idea what gentiana flower should smell like. I've seen them before, but either never got to smell them, or their smell never registered in my head.

Anyway, what I get with the first spritz of Gentiana is fresh grapefruit and grass. It's very clean refreshing scent, almost masculine, but not quite so. When it settles, it transcends into delicious grapefruit and floral scent. Sometime later it gets to this fruity stage: it's fruity not in the sense of being sickeningly sweet artificial fruit, but citrus-fresh mouthwatering type, plus clean musk. But mind you, it still retains slight soapy-floral quality.

I simply adore this fragrance, the clean musk and citrus wear very nicely, and the longevity is not bad at all. This is an excellent scent for everyday wear.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Beautiful, light and fresh. it speaks of clarity, like a fresh springtime wind in a forest or garden. The gentian smells wonderful and the rest is more of an eau de cologne bergamot, orange scent but not overwhelming. The pear adds some depth and sweetness that I really love. I have a small bottle, but would love to have a full bottle. Much better than the other Aqua Allegorias IMHO.

kalios55
kalios55

Gentiana ..

Quite sweet and intense when compare to the rests of the Guerlain Aqua series.

In my opinion it's more of an oriental/fruity floral than Green floral. The scent is thick as if you walked inside a greenhouse filled with strong-scented flowers--not a field of flowers where the air is well ventialted. It's not a bad perfume but I feel a bit suffocated sniffing Gentiana on my wrist because it's that unexpectedly heavy and dated.

Also, there is something quite aquatic and/or mentholish about Gentiana. Smells just like Shower to Shower absorbent body powder widely used in Southeast Asia.

It's an aqua with a big projectivity. Lasts a few hours on my skin. I agree with "Aroma rerefill." It can definitely be a unisex scent.

Siv55
Siv55

Quite distinctive for this range, and memorable. Wish I had a large bottle. I didn't notice pear in it but the gentian is what this is about, gentian in a gentle musky way. Can't stop smelling myself when I wear it. Am saving the last drops of my mini bottle and praying I find it in a bargain bin somewhere. Quietly sexy for an aqua. Drew comments.

Aqua Allegoria GENTIANA is a clean and refreshing scent that recalls to my mind memories of Clarins facials (their nonfoaming cleanser contains a good dose of the eponymous note).

From the grapefruit, lime, bergamot, and orange top notes, one might expect either sharpness or fruitiness, but neither is detectably present to my nose. The citrus instead softens the floral, as does the also mildly detectable musk, showcasing the gentiane in the best possible light.

AA GENTIANA is a unique and gently floral edt that would wear especially well in hot weather. I find its clean neutrality devoid altogether of soapiness. Like Guerlain's VETIVER, this fragrance strikes me as suitable for men or women.

inikaurora
inikaurora

Amazing scent, cannot compare it to any other.Strong,fresh,bit soapy at the beginning-bergamot and lime lead.May be too strong opening for many,BUT After some time becomes deeper and developes wanderful bittersweet gentiana trail..Very long lasting even on my dry skin.Bought 3 bottles after it discontinued.Can't find any similar...pity!

Aqua Allegoria Gentiana by Guerlain 3.76 out of 5 based on 97 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Gentiana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Gentiana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Gentiana by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Gentiana by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.