Designers » F-H » Aromatic Green « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Guerlain for women and men

Herba Fresca smells of green plants after a storm, morning walk barefoot on a dewy grass, a smell of unforgettable summer... This is a rare and unexpected fragrance in the perfume world, which amazes and brings joy. The fresh odor of grass lifts up from the ground and mixes with the whiff of mint, trees and wild flowers. It was created in 1999.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain.

Lemon Clover

Green Tea Mint

Cyclamen Lily-of-the-Valley Pear Blossom

Menthe Fraiche

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Fragrance Reviews

Mihail
Mihail

I don't like this green grassy water. Simple cologne also is absolutely not similar to Mentafollia for me. Sadly, I expected another scent.
Only for bed linen.

Kayse
Kayse

On a sticky, miserable hot summer day, this little refresher is stunning! It smells like crushing fresh mint leaves and a collection of other herbs into your palm. I love it. This perfume is also amazing on clothing and turns the dreaded 'sniff test' on laundry day into a delight.

AUNZBOX
AUNZBOX

This one smell like a copy of Green Tea Elizabeth mixed with Dentyne peppermint chewing gum. Simple and quite boring for all Guerlain Aqua Allegoria series : Beehive bottle

Sillage and Longevity are poor like toothpaste
Time: Summer only

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

Beautiful, wet-garden scent with strong notes of mint and citrus. Unfortunately does not last more than about an hour or so.

allbookerka
allbookerka

Ultimate freshness! A little bit of green tea, mint, freshly cut grass and citrus make the heart of the scent. It's very transparent, airy, and gives a feeling of early morning in the fields when you feel the freshness of wind on your face.
I've been scouting for a scent like this for a long time! ..and now it's on my shelf :)
The only disappointing thing about it is longevity. On my skin it lasts only hour or two.. such a pity because I really love it!
Herba Fresca is unusual and surprising, incomparable to others. It brings back childhood memories, gives you a feeling of a new beginning. Unique.

katushka37
katushka37

Quick summary - fresh and green...

It smells like good quality peppermint tea to me at first, then other fresh herbs pop-up.

Strangely enough I like wearing this scent during cooler months, it tames citrus notes and makes it truly unique.

It has a good lasting power for fresh herbal scent - 4-6 hours on me plus the sillage is decent too.

Hoxx
Hoxx

I kind of agree with some reviewers saying that this one is more an aromatherapy scent than a wearable perfume. It opens with a lemon and grass galore, making its way to a mint and tea heart and, later, a light flowery drydown - all of that while being absolutely natural smelling. Sounds therapeutic, doesn't it?

The mint is, I'd say, the main note, but it isn't toothpaste-y in any way. It really smells like a plant, Mentha Piperita. All the other ingredients add to its greenness, as the overall feel of this perfume is grassy, green, fresh. No matter if it's freshly mowed grass, clover, green tea, or whatever you feel here, it starts green and dies green, in a very special and, to me, wearable way.

Now, I do think that it can be a matter of preference whether you find this wearable or not. If you do, like me, you will love this one, as it is a rather unique perfume for summer in the sea of citruses and aquatics. It has more than decent longevity and projection, especially considering it's a summer concoction. Last, but not the least, if you like layering, this perfume could do wonders in various combinations.

This perfume has a lot of value to me for one more reason. We used to have a mint shrub in the garden behind my house and I used to twitch its leaves and rub it in my hands until they crushed and my hands started smelling like mint(I know it sounds a bit freakish, but I was a kid back then), and this one reminded me heavily of that, and, being away from home for some time, made me a bit nostalgic.

Rationally or not, I love this one.

9.25/10

Marciu
Marciu

Light tea with mint and herbal/grassy touch to it. Transparent and beautiful. Charming and alluring. A winner.

Longevity is around 5-6 hours, sillage is moderate.

IMO the whole Aqua Allegoria line should be treated as geared for both women and men.

One of my next purchases. It's a perfect scent for summer.

Lana148
Lana148

Light, sweet herbal. Starts like smell of fresh cut grass & hay. Dry down: mint, green tea & lily-of-the-walleye. The smell associates with a summer meadow, or little herbal garden. I love green smells but this one is not my cup of tea. I wish there was some tart note included, to balance it out. The smell is less "perfumey" and more on a therapeutic side. I think it can work as aromatherapy, for relaxation.

Olka
Olka

It's a brilliant perfume on my opinion. Usually i don't like fresh green fragrances, but this one i love. Very refreshing even at hottest wether. Smells with fresh herbs and some citrus. But i like the herbal note in particular. Also some floral note on the back ground is very delicate and beautiful. Masterpiece.

teadrinker
teadrinker

Oh my word, this perfume is glorious. This may not be the most sophisticated scent in the world, but it smells amazing, and is just the right thing for a sunny spring or summer day. It smells of green leaves and mint, not a candy mint, but mint growing in a garden, leaves, stems and all. After the mint wears off there's a slight floral backdrop. Highly recommended to lovers of fresh, sunshiney scents.

0829am
0829am

I used to work in a cafe that served an ice blended drink made with lychee puree, lemon juice, peppermint syrup and fresh peppermint leaves. This smells exactly like it!

It also reminds me of fresh, dewy cut grass. I am enjoying it on the tester strip but am not sure if I would like to go around smelling like that ice blended drink. However, the scent is unique, refreshing and uplifting.

EDIT: I've been thinking about the drink and feel compelled to get a glass of it soon. I have also added this scent to my Want list :)

tanya.tang.397
tanya.tang.397

I had a dog, every time I wore this scent he would be by my side sniffing the hell out. This perfume is definitely not for everybody, but for me it's perfect. Very green, grassy, earthy. Feels very healthy, outdoorsy and fresh. Love.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

This used to be my signature scent for years.
I wore it since the age of 17, and it was wonderful and fresh and herbal, and no one else smelled this way.
I use to combine it with Le Feu D'Issey and it was a killer combination.

I still love this perfume.
My mother used it for a while and I had a rather hard time smelling it on anyone else (really possessive of me, I know).

It's difficult for me to name a specific herb which is most prominent in this concoction - you can smell mint, of course, and some tea. I'm not very familiar with the scent of clover, but I'm not sure this is it either. And this is not freshly cut grass (at least not the one I know).
I guess this is like the sort of green combination you imagine, like an almost theoretical green scent than one which is supposed to be a close replica to nature.

longevity is pretty fair (5-6 hours), sillage fair as well for a light scent.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

Lush, fresh, clear and sparkling. This is a beautiful non-floral scent that really is reminiscent of cut grass and dew drops in the morning. It delivers its promise of cooling freshness and it is an ideal spring and summer fragrance for the day time.
However, I personally find it a little too clean - I'd like the crisp opening to do something more interesting, the way the Nuit Etoilée by Annick Goutal does. But no, whilst it is nice, Herba Fresca does not develop or change, which makes it hard to love (and also hard to hate, so another reason it would work well in an office when it's hot). And, as with most of the Allegoria range, it fades pretty quickly.
If you can pick it up cheaply (at an airport, maybe), I'd recommend grabbing a bottle for your summer travel bag, or the office drawer for a quick pick-me-up. It would also be a good gift for someone young - male or female - getting into perfumes.

kasper01
kasper01

A very nice surprise! I can't imagine a scent being better suited to springtime than this one.

Dewy grass. Mint. A twist of lemon. The floral notes are also doing something wonderful here by actually staying put in the background and allowing the green notes to really shine.

The only thing keeping it from being an absolutely perfect green scent is its disappearing act. It really doesn't last all that long.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

I absolutely adore every single one that ive tryed this far (about 6) in the line of Aqua Allegoria. I had anyhow, somewhat almost forgotten about it, untill i talked about it with my fragrantica friend 'chanel4747' who was looking for freshness without flowers.
I first thought about d'orange by Hermes , but its to easy, to safe unfloral freshness, in a quite boring masculine range of unisex.
The only problem is the longevity, And the sillage...
All these beutys lacks lastingpower. But for me, its worth it Big time.

Herba fresca is so beautiful, please promise that you give it a go!

This is the best "unfloral" ,fresh,springy,minty one!

headofstate
headofstate

Ladies, I am very interested in this scent but unfortunately will have to buy it blind. Can this pass for a unisex fragrance in your sincere opinions?

katieathens
katieathens

AMAZING!The mint (spearmint to my nose) combined with the lemon is perfection! I usually hate citrus notes but here the result is amazing. I felt like I was in my summer dress by the sea,late evening drinking mohitos with my friends. Summer in a bottle!!!! Definitely on my list.

Update: just bought it!!! There was an offer 35% off at the store, so it cost me about 40 euros for 75ml. Not bad!

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Finally! I've found the fragrance of my dreams lol. I've been searching and buying fragrances for years. Now, I can look no further. I'm done searching. This is the one and only fragrance I'll ever need. Its perfect for everyday. I am complete now. Goodbye fragrantica :D

Dunjica77
Dunjica77

You know that moment when you smell a scent and it makes you happy? That`s what happened to me with Herba Fresca. I understand what people mean about the bubble-gum/toothpaste comments, but for me that was only the first whiff and then it eased nicely into a beautiful minty-tea-lemon-honey gorgeousness! Love it!

leighhannah
leighhannah

I am rolling in fields of minty fresh greenery and lemons and cartwheels...and...and...this EDT is blowing me away with it's shimmery sunshine freshness. I'm so excited because I can never wear citrus scents without them turning sour but this is beautiful. The mint balances everything out without being predominant. Perfect. I wasn't going to buy any perfume this month because of REASONS *ahem* but I must smell like this. I also spray this on my pillow every night and it helps me sleep.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This is such a welcome breath of fresh spring air! When all your olfactory florals and spices and heavy sex bombs are staring at you in the face and you just aren't 'in the mood', this lovely bottle of fresh mint and herbs comes into it's own.
The initial spritz is soft and minty, it smells to me like spearmint, and then there is this beautiful aroma of herbs and flowers and I am immediately in a garden at daybreak, walking on soft dewy wet grass with that gorgeous smell in the air that awakens the senses, makes you inhale deeply and lifts your spirits.
Herba Fresca is one of those perfumes which makes you crave for the springtime during those long, dark, winter, months.
This is a fragrance which I am happy to re spritz throughout the day, it's a skin scent. This is fresh, happy, comforting and utterly Guerlain!!

Juliana6
Juliana6

A wild meadow, fresh cut grass and wild flowers, hot, bright sunshine, a warm pile of hay, a white, light, a bit naughty linen dress and the beloved man next to you. Flirting, raising the temperatures, touching each other, smelling, feeling that dazzling aroma of the wilting flowers full with nectar- sweet as a sin.
***

I tried this a month ago, but didn't buy. I had sprayed it on my glove and every time I wore that pair of gloves, I felt this fresh, but in the same time so sinfully sensual whiff... Lemon, mint, green, green grass of home, wild flowers, sun, mint- so natural and beautiful. I couldn't forget the scent. And today I bought it. So happy I did!

hsd1
hsd1

So refreshing! Like sitting next to a patch of mint leaves. Smells natural and fresh, but also reminds me of spearmint Trident. Could wear this any season for a lift of zen.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

I have fallen hard for this refreshing beauty. This is pure exhilaration and I love it! To me, it evokes towering trees with rustling leaves, fragrant herbal breezes, a glass of cold lemonade with a sprig of fresh mint. Some days, I don't feel like wearing a heavy floral fragrance or a buttery, sugary gourmand, and this is a delightful alternative. When I first spray this on, I close my eyes and enjoy the crispness, the "coolness" of the mint and herbs, and the fresh breakthrough of lemon within a minute or two. This is a lovely green fragrance.

Wow, I didn't expect that. So interesting and fresh! The mint in it feels like smelling fresh mint leaves. The tea and the lemon are very well combined with the mint. And the best thing is - my boyfriend could wear it too!
I am amazed - this perfume smells like happiness.

cirmok
cirmok

Duty free shop browsing in a 40 minutes transit after a 2 hour long flight and just before a 12 hour long one through the Eastern night. I was drained, (+ a headache + having my period), and when I tried this scent, it literally saved me - if not my life, then my day for sure. It's one of the freshest green scent I've ever tried, with the peppermint and green tea, and it just lasts and lasts for days! And it somehow manages to keep its freshness, too, keeping the airy quality. For me, it also has a wellness scent side. For example, this might be the only fragrance I could use when having migraine. I'm simply grateful to this fragrance.

Nice summery scent, but, to be honest, it reminds me pleasant, minty bubblegum. Quite linear, it does not change a lot, only became less intense after some time. Surely it is typical unisex fragrance, even better for men than for women.
I can smell mostly mint, maybe with some tea background. Scent is fresh, recommended for hot season.

A very nice refreshing ultra-light minty cologne that smells like real herb, not a fake. I'm not crazy about, but I quite like it. It fades very quickly.

shushkin
shushkin

I have only recently acquired this scent and I love it. I wanted something fresh and minty. It delivers. It is not like toothpaste or too much like grass which was a concern to me. There is sweetness and softness to curb any harshness.
I am disappointed about is its very short longevity on my skin. I'm now trying to figure out how I can overcome this short coming. The sillage is very poor as well.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

This is a delight in the warm weather and I have used it for years.

It is very refreshing and bright and opens with a little citrus, tons of mint and a very strong green 'grassy' herbal note. The base accord is subtle and slightly sweet but I could not identify the notes separately.

The intensity of the powerful herbal/minty opening only lasts a short time and then it becomes a subtler skin scent with minimal projection, unless you use a lot of sprays, and it is the kind of fragrance that you wear more for yourself than for others. To me it seems truly unisex and for the warmer weather and more suited to casual. Defintely worth trying

mariapapaya
mariapapaya

A true green fragrance!

Kapuzik
Kapuzik

Perfect green fragrance! Absolutely perfect!

dhya
dhya

I love it!

Yes, it is very fresh, green minty fresh.. if you're a woman who likes a fresh fragrance and unisex, this seemed worth a try.

If you like floral fragrance, you must wait until the dry down to get it, and I really like the final fragrance of herba fresca: spicy fresh, blended with the aroma of boiled minty-tea, and a faint sprinkling flowers. It's very unique, and refreshing!

I think this perfume is very well describe the personality of a woman who likes freedom, powerful, confident and independent.

lia78
lia78

Peppermint... yes! Green garden... yes! Florals...No! This is a great minty fragrance! I like wearing this on hot humid days and on days when I'm feeling quite sick to my nose. I spray this upon waking for a livelier day ahead. It's just a happy and pure scent! It's simple, honest and friendly! Don't expect a perfume to come out of this bottle... Aqua allegoria's are simple and fresh fragrances. Strictly Uncomplicated!

Kngn
Kngn

I was really excited to try this one. The combination sounded very unique and I was expecting something very crisp, clean and fresh. But I was extremely disappointed when I tried it. It had much more the smell of a mint based dish than a fresh mint garden. The opening notes were strong but they did not smooth out to something I could enjoy.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Sephora sample.

At first, it's like I picked the mint leaves right out of a mojito.

Eating said leaves is a habit of mine, so Herba Fresca's opening is soothing to me. When the mint settles, I smell more lemon, and cut, dewey grass (clover?).

Glad to have picked this up on a whim. This is what a beautiful spring morning should smell like. I'm hesitant to wear it, though.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Mmmm...I love this! What I picture from it at first spray is cold mint green tea ice cream with a slight twist of lime in a clear glass bowl that's been frosted over in the freezer. Delicious! It stayed that way for a nice long time before a lovely floral drydown, the mint still slightly in the background.

This is a very beautiful perfume for mint lovers, of which I am. This is lovely for summer, but I can see myself really enjoying it in the winter as well. I think the icy coolness of the mint note would really stand out. Very decent staying time...I love it!

EDIT: It is Nov. 21 2013 and snowing so lovely today and I am wearing this. Mmmm...I love this in the snowy weather, the mint just comes alive! Fresh, icy cool mint leaves crushed into a steaming cup of green tea...now I am ready for Christmas!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Mmmmm - a lovely fresh green scent of mint and grass. Perfect for a warm day or for a quick pick-me-up on cold days! It's so light and summery.

MarillaV
MarillaV

This is a walk through an herbal garden fresh with dew. A zesty combination of different green scents and a hint of freshly mown grass. In the heart, an unsweetened mint note runs rampant and takes this scent to a new level of freshness. It is incredibly bracing and such a welcome relief in hot weather. I keep it in the fridge and spray when needed. The dry down stays fresh and adds a distinct pear note, a freshly cut pear dripping with juice. My only criticism of this perfume is its longevity. It lasts only a few hours on my skin. Good thing I have a huge bottle of it! An absolutely necessity for me in summer.

yesyesyes
yesyesyes

i was so looking forward to this being fresh, herbal green like a mojito.
unfortunately it is so soapy on me that i can't enjoy it at all.

kirinie
kirinie

On me this is especially herbal at first, then turns into a very true mint leaf (rather than smelling like a sweetened mint), and finally it becomes a very soft, lemony tea with some more sweetness than in the earlier stages. The sillage is soft and the longetivity is on the lower end of moderate, I'd say 3-4 hours. This is very refreshing and light - perfect for hot weather - while being more interesting than your standard fresh scent

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

Strong, lasts ages on the skin, herby medicinal. Not my favourite but it cannot be accused of being boring either.

Destrea
Destrea

This smells SO WONDERFUL on the paper strip. And not bad sprayed on clothing. But on my skin it becomes horrible. Maybe it's my personal chemistry, but it turns almost immediately to a sort of old-lady strong soap smell, and I have to wash it off.

The beautiful fresh mint and grass smells are what I was after, and I couldn't stop sniffing the gorgeous test strip. It's a shame this totally doesn't work for me.

Ninula

cant stop sniffing my wrist - it's sooo nice! first - really grassy, then - crispy lemon, and finally (for the most of the time left) sweet/minty.. mmm!

ckinsobe
ckinsobe

Got this scent as one of 4 in a sampler. My favorite of the 4, very very fresh and clean, with definite Green Tea notes. Scent does not linger, and I got 0 compliments on it, which I usually take as a hint to move on to some other scent...I would like this in a linen water or room spray, LOL! I am now very curious to keep trying more of this line, had no idea there were so many choices.

kris919
kris919

If you want a good herbal minty citrus fragrance for summer, spend the money and get Heeley Menthe Fraiche. Or more economically you can get L'occitane Verveine Menthe which is a limited run for 2013 and smells fresh and minty, although not very herbal. Guerlain's Herba Fresca is a joke. boring, weak, very close to the skin, and doesn't last. I didn't even get the tea note. It's a big nothing...a quiet whisper, flaccid, it's like a conversation with the most boring person on earth. This type of perfume has been done so much better in the 2 fragrances I mentioned above..and I'm sure many others. The mint note in herba fresca wasn't even nice and bright, just dull and lifeless. Of course, everyone's chemistry is different and you may really like this, but for me...I've never exchanged a perfume so fast in my life.

jmestone
jmestone

Can Smell Amazing, just not on me so much -

A woman I used to work with would walk by you and a trail of scent would follow her, the molecular form of relaxation with a side of green tea. The scent was noticable, but it didn't punch you in the face. Instead as described above, it instantly relaxed you. I of course had to ask what she was wearing, and voila, I was introduced to Herba Fresca. I couldn't find it to sample on my own skin, but I saw it sephora.com and ordered it.

On me it still smells nice, and I have gotten compliments, but it's not relaxing. I get more of a sparkling french lemonade with the zing of mint, more energizing than relaxing.

Finally, when my sister wears it, it's very herbal.

I would defintiely consider this a case of try before you buy, but will also say that in the 3 iterations I've experienced on differnet people, including myself, it's a great cooling late spring to even early fall fragrance.

ariadnes island
ariadnes island

Very, very green - the mint, green tea and a grassy clover at the start and then the lily of the valley. On my skin the citrus was very subtle. I didn't get any sense of soapiness or of a chewing-gum sort of mint, but found it very much botanical in nature. Beautiful for a summer day, and I was sad when it faded in a couple of hours.

zenazur
zenazur

Minty and refined at the same time, I LOVE IT!!!! Very uncommon scent with exquisite sillage... amazingly refreshing and soothing in summertime!

magdach7
magdach7

When I wear it I feel really fresh. It is cooling fragrance, good for hot days. Really joyful and relaxing scent.

Siameser12
Siameser12

I brought this with me on a trip to Egypt and it was always fresh and light yet always with me-good staying power.Not cloying; relaxing,herbal and clean. I got bottle no 2 for the wonderful memories of that trip! Best as a warm weather scent- may fade too quickly in cold weather areas. I have a chemistry that usually works best with chypre scents, so this, like any perfume is not recommended for those that favour the floral- the notes you want to come out may not with YOUR chemistry.

yellowmarigolds
yellowmarigolds

I've been itching to try this for a while, and I managed to get a paper sample of it in Sephora. I absolutely fell in love: it's been the exact perfect fresh, springy, green with sweet flowers in the background that i was looking for! Unfortunately, the enthusiastic salesperson loaded me with so many perfume samples that I lost track of which paper held this delicious scent. I'm going to give this a try on my skin the next time I see it, and hopefully buy it soon!

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I was browsing at Sephora and sampling various fragrances on the little paper strips. When I got to Guerlain I got bold and sprayed a little of this on my wrist. Augh!! I'm hoping it is only because I had just smelled some rather sweet scents, but this one came across as much too herbal and much too vegetal, with a strong bitter edge, maybe that is the green tea. I caught a bit of mint, but something else overpowered it (the cyclamen?) and I did not detect citrus. It is definitely unusual and unexpected, but did not bring to mind the clover covered yard I grew up skipping across. I could not wait for the dry down, after less than 10 minutes I couldn't stand it any longer and I borrowed a cleanser and some alcohol off the make-up application tables in the store and scrubbed it off.

Some may enjoy, but I would highly recommend testing it first and no blind purchases.

I may try again on another day, just to make sure I give it due diligence in case I missed something since Guerlain re-issued it (apparently due to popularity), but will make sure I have removal tools nearby.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

This fragrance reminds me of mint sauce.

In my opinion the only mountain and grass reference relevance would be if sheep had been grazing, later prepared for a lamb sunday roast!

P.s I don't eat lamb or mint sauce, but was the overwhelming note.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Very herbalicious! Unisex too. Crisp mint, tea and lemon. Slight soft floral notes in the background. Pleasant and refreshing scent that can be worn anywhere.
My work is a 'scent free environment', and this is one of those rare ones that stands a chance. Quality composition, light and smells great from beginning to the end. Up to 5 hours.
Purchase highly considered.....

degauss
degauss

I can't believe what I'm reading, and now I feel like I'm merely hallucinating the smell currently on my wrist and on my shirt: a cheap, indeed toothpaste-y smell of air-freshener. It smells like a synthetic incarnation of lemon and mint, and nothing more. There is nothing fresh, nothing natural and nothing redeemable in the scent I am smelling, smelling quite desperately now, hoping it will change to reveal what the positive reviews are talking about, yet it doesn't. A few hours in, and it doesn't, not on my wrist, nor on my shirt. I don't know, maybe it's a perceptional thing, maybe it's relative. Maybe I just remember having bought air-freshener with the exact same 'composition' a while ago, and I'm not impressed.

aficionada
aficionada

I just cannot get enough of it. It's so beautiful, fresh, exhilarating. It's so cheerful. When I wear it: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! In a nut shell: it's divine! To my nose it's mostly about mint and green tea.

Joan Marie Bauman
Joan Marie Bauman

I've had this perfume for years and will always love it. It smells exactly like a place in the Rocky Mountains at the end of the navigable road, a small parking lot for the hikers, giving onto a meadow with a small stream running through it and with a MOST UNIQUE and DISTINCTIVE smell of certain wild plants very strong in the air. I was 10 years old when I first set foot here, and have been there multitudes of times. Each time this fantastic sharp fresh wild green smell awaited me. I've never smelled it elsewhere, with extensive world-wide traveling since that first time. I've never smelled it elsewhere BUT in Herba Fresca! Imagine that! Standing there, in Paris, in Galéries Lafayette, hundreds of miles away from any wild plants! One whiff, and there I was, back home again, transported on the speedy breeze that our olfactory nerve provides us!
Everyone carries on about mint. But the distinctive plant aroma in that magical place in the high mountains is from stinging nettles. A very unusual kind, no doubt. In the meadows beyond are also clover and a multitude of wild flowers, but it's not really mint, but a member of the mint family.
My husband smells mainly the Muguet, but I go home, back to my all-time favorite spot, each time I regale myself with a spray of Herba Fresca. I have lots of favorite perfumes, but this one is the one and only that captures perfectly a truly wild spot! Chapeau, Guerlain! You've done it again! Please, please, please, please keep Herba Fresca forever!!!!

Lali123
Lali123

I tested it today, and even if I really wanted to like it...well unfortunately (or luckly for my wallet) it doesn't. I can smell fresh mint, wich I like a lot, and lemon. But apparently the combinations with green tea, doesn't work for me: too bitter, it reminds me dishes'soap or a bad made mojito. Sorry for that!

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

Favorite summer drink- Mojito
Favorite winter drink- Mint Julep
Favorite summer perfume- thes one!
Love it, and I have to work hard at keeping my nose off my wrist whenever I give myself the pleasure of this luxe warm summer fragrance! Lasts 3-4 hours, and I love the top notes, heart, and dry down scent. All remind me of a fresh summer rain in the desert.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Hmm I have mixed feelings about this one. When I first sprayed it it was so sharp and grassy fresh, way too fresh and sharp edging on masculine. But after maybe a little less than an hour it warms up and softens, you start smelling more of the floral lily of the valley and peach mixed with only a hint of green. It is creamier but still fresh. I like it here but hate the beginning .

Ninula

fresh & soft-citrucy at the beginning, it sweetens on my skin. i definitely benefited from this, since i like gourmand smells :) cant get away from my wrist, definitely gonna buy a bottle.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A very fresh and minty green scent throughout for the warm summer when one wants to really freshen up the mind, body and soul, as well as the surrounding. However, it doesn't work well on me because I've lower body temperature most of the time and this fragrance only make me feel colder. This is most certainly a beautiful and high quality fragrance but it just isn't suitable for me. As a matter of fact, I have this fragrance since 1999 and the bottle is still over 70% full.

Post Note: Just gave my bottle to a friend who absolutely loved the minty freshness of this fragrance couples days ago. Glad to be able to find a perfect owner of this fragrance, finally.

hsmith4679
hsmith4679

I was sniffing around at Sephora a few weeks ago and this one jumped out at me for a few reasons. The first one being how minty it is! Not only do I never smell mint in a perfume, but its a really pretty, soft floral/herbal almost licorice smelling mint, not weird or toothpastey at all. I can smell the lemon and tea in there too. It's cool, refreshing, and so naturally pretty it almost startles me every time I smell it. I definitely need to get a full bottle of this soon for when it gets warmer.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

This is truly a fresh, green scent. It isn’t the perfume that I would choose for a night out, but it’s one that I would choose to uplift my spirits and wake me up for the day. The clover leaf comes out very strong on the first spray and lightly lingers. I was even slightly put off by the strong clover leaf at first because it smells so strongly of cut grass, and I couldn’t detect any citrus to add some texture and zest to the clover leaf. However, when the clover leaf begins to fade, the perfume smells even more dewy and light and refreshing.

I can still smell the lemon as the spearmint and green tea become prominent as middle notes. The green tea is light and hard to catch; I do wish the green tea was more fragrant on my skin. Similarly, the cyclamen must be so light that I can barely sense it, but cyclamen plants aren’t very fragrant anyway. The lily of the valley is what I detect most as a base note, but even that is very faint. In general, this is a light scent and it doesn’t last long on my skin (just a couple hours).

I think this can be unisex because it’s a scent that freshens and uplifts anyone who enjoys a splash of green. If you don’t like green scents, this won’t be for you. My sisters and boyfriend thought it smelled too much like grass and didn’t care for it. After trying the sample, I personally don’t love this enough to buy the entire bottle, but I do like this for the morning when waking up. When summer rolls around, who knows?--I just might be tempted to buy a bottle to freshen me up on those hot, humid days. And I would recommend people trying this if they are looking for that green and grassy fragrance. 4/5

smellME
smellME

The top note is really promizing and the minty tea part in the middle is getting there... , but the base lemon refresher is a little too dull to refresh my senses all the way.
Even for a hot sticky day, this wouldn´t be the one I´d choose. Quite interesting and I can see why a lot from both sexes would love it,
but not for me...
I will get back and try it on that hot summer day, to be sure...
maybe the result ,at that time will be differnt ...?

pbluberry
pbluberry

What can I say about this. "Mint Julep!!" Love it, I like to spray it on my BF and sniff his shirt. lol Very fresh and minty... I'm always a sucker for minty fresh scent.

arcadia
arcadia

I can't do without it in the warm season!!

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

I thought this was going to be more harsh, but it is fresh and smoothe! I love the mint tea lemon and flower combo, just a ecstasy in the heat of the greenhouse! A necessary hot summer fragrance. probably would work in humid heat too. Nice and natural, with good staying power, and a bit of projection. I do find the clover and lily of the valley to be more prominent than given on the chart. like lying in the grass and clover, drinking mint lemonade, inhaling the smell of summer. Damp but oh so fresh and vigorously joyful! A mediterranean scent for sure. 4/5 because the juice is irritating to my skin, but dang it could be worth it! Oh the magic of guerlain....

Mia D.
Mia D.

Very nice,fresh scent and I love it. I never get tired from it!

ammebirds
ammebirds

Interesting enough for me to get a sample from Sephora. Tea and mint are all I detect at first application, then the green grass shows up. A lovely garden scent, and I imagine that if it were kept in the refrigerator, it would be ecstasy to mist it on during a heat weave.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Crazy good stuff that came to me by a crazy good friend. What an amazing perfume. Picture the best outdoor day you could have. You're at a park, on the grass, sun is shinig, light breeze, relaxed....you have absolutely nothing to do today. Or, you are at a picnic and it just lightly rained, there is tea with mint floating in it, lots of green grass, some wildflowers. Holy cow, I am in love.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Wear it on a Sunday morning, get on your bike with your sun hat on and Wayfarer...

It's the smell of sun, grass and happiness.

The top is full of mint, and the base is grass, grass and green green grass dancing in the wind...

Enjoy the ride, my friend!

et Merci Monsieur Guerlain!

-Mr. Almond-

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

I never gave these a whole lot of thought because i kinda figured they would be flighty like eau de cologne and naturally be a little pricy and was afraid to fall in love. Well i tried this one in the store me and my boy both thought it opened too spearminty. Then as i was driving home about 20 minutes later i was reviewing the various things i had tried on me and ERMAHGERD! Orgasm. And this managed to survive and cling to the palm of my hand (i was running out of places to spray things) i needsa test this one some more. I think the flora nymphea i also liked but this is by far my favorite of the allegorias @.@

On me this fragrance opens grassy enough. Most of all I feel the green tea and spearmint notes. Not my cup of tea(

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Herba Fresca opens with an incredibly beautiful mint and lemon accord, wedded to the most synthetically awful "aqua" note I've ever smelled in a fine fragrance. The "aqua" belongs in a laundry detergent, not in this scent. It takes a good ten minutes for things to even out, and the synthetic element fades to make way for a lovely melange of mint, green grass, green tea, and a semi-basil (doesn't smell quite like basil, but almost). The tea note seems to anchor things, although it is not quite up to snuff for something as expensive as this. The green tea in Liz Arden's Green Tea Spray is of equal caliber I'm afraid. Still, the grassy fresh drydown of Herba Fresca is very pleasant, and more masculine than feminine, thanks to its bitter backyard nature. Worth a try for fans of fresh green eau de colognes.

Paradelle
Paradelle

Like cutting into a fresh orange.

Only wish the sillage and longevity was better.

Terribruce
Terribruce

I love this fragrance. I was looking for a floral oriental but as soon as I smelled this I had to buy it. To me it smells effervescent - like champagne. It is uplifting and makes me feel very happy. Not my usual fragrance but I absolutely love it.

versepie
versepie

I smelled the different Allegoria fragrances at the Guerlain counter. This one brought me back in time, and I purchased it immediately. I don't smell anything minty. To me, it smells like tomato leaves from the plants in my grandfather's garden. I am instantly transported to being a small child in a jungle of tomatoes. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but is a fresh pick-me-up in warmer weather.

rasia
rasia

I just love this. I love to smell like a botanical garden in the middle of the growing season. It's so fresh without being pungent. During the summer it is refreshing and during the winter it brings me memories of lush green nature.
I want to bathe in this!

Lakamaga
Lakamaga

I blind purchased this looking for something unique. It's definitely that! The first spritz I get a mix of herbal spearmint and verbena. Unfortunately on me the dry down smelled very soapy so I wound up returning it. I really wanted to love this fragrance and would have kept it if the initial scent stayed. Just depends on your body chemistry.

dannysmom
dannysmom

Starts out very minty. Then, within a few minutes it turns citrusy on me. At this stage, it's almost a sweet smell. Bring in the fresh cut grass to mix with the lemon, and finish off with a tea-like scent. This is how it works on me. It will be a great summer scent.

The only issue I have with it is that it is very, very subtle on me. Usually, I just use one or two spritzes with scents. This one definitely requires more if you want to smell it. I just did one on my wrists and was unable to catch a whiff unless I actually lifted my wrist to my nose.

justilou
justilou

I would die if this fragrance were discontinued again. It is my all-time favourite. It is uplifting and light enough to stay close. In spite of this, people notice it. When I couldn't buy it, I tried and tried to find something else and nothing came even close! This is the kind of fragrance that you can spray liberally after a shower on a hot day and immediately feel refreshed. I also wear it in winter, as I find it slightly euphoric, and it reminds me of lush, spring glades!

LANIER
LANIER

What a magnificent summer scent. Light bright and fun .Paris in the spring, there is nothing quite as fresh and lovely. A splash of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca before you head out to a day in the city of light and you are set. Smells of fresh cut grass in the Tuileries and mint tea as you sit under the trees watching the tiny birds feed on crumbs from the surrounding tables. A soft whispering breeze carries in its undulating wake a waft of Lily of the Valley and fuchsia red Cyclamen from a flower stall by the Seine.

The popping of Champagne corks in a chic bistro seems to echo in the opening notes of lemon and clover. This fleeting opening is effervescent and shimmers into the heart notes of mint and green tea. If that combo doesn’t spell summer magic I don’t know what does. As the dry down rounds out the experience you are enveloped in light summer clouds of cyclamen, lily of the valley and juicy sun ripened pear. It is a light airy affair that lasts around four to five hours on my skin. It is what I would call a good afternoon scent for a day of shopping or perhaps any outing in city parks or countryside. Not a heavy hitter and who wants such a thing all the time.

This was my first Guerlain fragrance and was given to me as a Christmas present by my best friend. He has magnificent taste and I would trust him to buy a fragrance gift for me anytime. Pure magic, Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain is musical, dashing and witty in its unusual blend of notes it is a sophisticated and cosmopolitan winner.

Five Platinum stars *****

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Wow, this is SUMMER!
I tested it yesterday (it's really cold in Belgium this week) and I was instantly transported to green fields in the middle of a hot summerday.
It smells like freshly cut mint and grass. Mind you, freshly cut mint, not toothpaste mint, but mint you're about to pop in a kettle of hot water to make wonderfully refreshing tea.
It's just so nice and resfreshing and soooo very different from other fresh fragrances.
This does smell like nature, like something real. And I love it.

gomt
gomt

This one is extremely fresh and relaxing. It makes me want to close my eyes and imagine I'm lying on a field of green grass on a chilly summer morning.

It's rather unique, not the usual sweet bunch of pink flowers, and also rather simple. I can smell no toothpaste or chewing gum, but mint leaves and freshly cut grass all the way.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

This is definitelly one of the best hot summer perfume. Aquatic herbal mint with some lemon and red berries. It gives me feeling of freshness and cleanliness, perfect for hot humid summer day, it's somehow cooling fragrance. I use it a lot, it's almost my summer signature fragance, actually it splits that place with Aqua Allegoria Pomplelune and Aqua Allegoria Orange Magnifica.

It is FANTASTIC AND VERY UNIQUE for winter fragrance MIXTURE: I put some Classique Jean Paul Gaultier for the base and than Herba Fresca ower it. For my nose this is masterpiece combination, really special!

debora81
debora81

I just love this frangance, it is light, fresh, soft, does not bother anyone. Reminds me of a sunday in the woods.

danielmventer
danielmventer

I like the smell of a minty toothpaste. Who doesn`t...

But I am just gonna have to put some Colgate minty toothpaste on my wrists untill I can afford it in February. You know ..with Xmas and all that £`s that goes with it.

It sounds like a very unique fragrance.

Mebster
Mebster

.... It does smells like toothpaste.. So what? I like to smell fresh not only after brushing my teeth.. It last about 5 hours but still get a whiff at the 6th hour. Lovely. Headache free:)

Spido
Spido

Smells toothpaste on me...

bp
bp

Brilliantly fulfills the main function who must have a perfume, because it smells really, really, really well.
The menthol and green tea are the main point, two ingredients that I love.
This scent leaves me amazed and delighted.
In paradise.......

I must say that I was not at all expecting to encounter a blast of mint in the opening of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria HERBA FRESCA. I think that I was expecting angelica or culinary herbs such as basil or tarragon. Instead, this composition offers somewhat bitter greens along with a fairly hefty dose of mint.

This 1999 Aqua Allegoria is certainly more natural smelling than some of Guerlain's recent launches in this series, but I do not really find this particular combination of notes all that appealing. I feel in a sense pulled in two directions: on the one hand, HERBA FRESCA is trying to be a sort of aromatherapy scent; on the other hand, it aspires to be a floral green perfume. I'm not convinced that it succeeds as either.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

This makes me think of drinking home-made lemonade next to freshly cut grass on a the morning of a summer day that promises to become a scorcher. Love it, only complaint is that it doesn't last at all...

Mirella7
Mirella7

This is my travelling scent. It eases the headache I always get at the airport and refreshes me when I am tired of sitting and waiting.

Soetkoekie
Soetkoekie

Its gorgeous but unconventional, so fresh and perfect when youre hot and bothered and feel headachy.

carinas
carinas

After years of long search for the perfect hot humid summer day fragrance, I finally found this gem. I haven't had much luck with Guerlain before, but this one is different. I like some other Aqua Allegorias on the paper, but not on my skin.
It's love from the first moment. It's so well balanced between citrus and herbs and flowers. Just perfection. I's fall already, but I still come back to it, I like to spray it on my silk scarf, the fresh-flowery scent lingers there for days and just lifts my mood every time I wear it.
I can't understand people who compare Herba Fresca to air freshener or house cleaning product (I admit, I did smell like Glade after spritzing some Dior Escale a Portofino on my skin). Or maybe I just never came across such a classy, sexy, elegant, expensive smelling and compliments drawing house cleaning product before... Go take a sniff and judge for yourself.

pickledtink
pickledtink

My first take on this was household cleaning products. Then the mint came in so strongly there was really nothing else. Oddly enough then the berries came in and it smelled pretty much like I'd been expecting from the top notes to begin with but that soon vanished.

Mint and lemon remained predominant throughout and not in a good way.It still smells like I just cleaned the kitchen and washed the dishes.

I love pamplelune from the Aqua Allegoria range as a fresh zingy uplifting citrus.

This I don't like at all. Something trying to be clever but the result is nasty and cheap smelling. I can't think of any way I'd find a way to use it except when I go out to clean out the chicken coop.

We can say that this is a very interesting perfume. It has a wonderful smell of wet grass, that is noticeable after the mint that really is kind of strong in the beginning.
After the cool mint, some earthy notes stay for some time.
In my opinion, it's an excellent summer perfume for some really hot nights. It fits wonderful after a good shower!!

GinsTheThing
GinsTheThing

This lasted a long time on me (6hrs ish)..... such a pity that the mint was just a tad too strong and lasted as long !

Really wish the mint was toned down - is there anything out there similar ? Really loved the oversall fresh tones otherwise.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

In my opinion, this is one of the best fresh fragrances around. I can definitely smell green tea and lilly of the valley and a lemon but I can also (somehow) smell linden flowers (???). When I smell this I can imagine running through a green meadow on a sunny day and I really like the spearmint scent in it. When I wear this everyone else around me comes and starts 'sniffing' and saying how great it smells. Definitely a summer scent.
Bad points though too : doesn't last long no matter how much you spray on which is a shame :-(

Maman
Maman

Yes, this is very fresh!

I was working in London with a woman who was wearing this a few years ago. Including myself, person after person complemented her on it- so much so I actually ended up buying it on the way home that night*.

This is a cut crystal pitcher of icy lemonade, swimming with fresh chopped mint and standing on a newly mown lawn. Delicious! On a hot day it can really cut through the heat and stink of the city. That's why I love it! Beautiful!

*(She also said "...and it gets the blokes!"....who knows!?)

Fara7
Fara7

I live in a tropical, humid climate - in which most perfumes quickly become overwhelming especially during the hot summer days. This clean, fresh smell keeps me cool and energized through the sultry hours and is one of my favourites for going to work. In the evening, or in cooler weather, I prefer warmer tones though...

pauluch3
pauluch3

This one is quite tricky. At first it may seem fresh and soft with tea-like zing to it, but eventually it's just mint all over. I won't buy it since I don't want to end up smelling like toothpaste:(

Grottola
Grottola

Mint and grass. That's it, literally.

Kinda reminds me of minty chewing gum. Lasts no longer than an hour.

kalios55
kalios55

Maybe I'm the only one to think this Guerlain's classic is disgusting. It causes my stomach to turn and head to ache. Believe me, I'd really like to love this perfume for my heart skipped a beat when the mail person delivered Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca.

One light spray and urghh .. it's very offensive to the olfactory. There is nothing synthetic about it. Extremely sharp/bitter/sour lemon, strong tea, and fresh natural mint could all be detected clearly but they were in my face at once. I waited and wait for the dry down to come save the day but it never did. The scent remained offensive to my nose--just not as bad. I'm so disappointed that I did not like this scent.

Also .. when I was growing up .. one of my chores was doing the dishes. The yellow liquid dish soap, "Sun Light," we used then smelled EXACTLY like Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca. I just wanted to cry during that 3-4 testing hours Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca lasted on the back of my left hand.

Sillage: 3/5
Longivity: 3/5
Heartache: 5/5

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

out of the bottle smells mostly like cut grass and mint. and on my skin - like green tea. first, i loved the scent and used it all the time. after a few months, it started to get boring. so. now i can't make up my mind - i don't like it, and i don't dislike it either ;) but honestly... it would make a GREAT linen freshener :D

melbritt24
melbritt24

Smells like fresh lemongrass!

agi
agi

This perfume is wery,wery fresh,for me its like fresh cut grass,i would like this perfume better if there was some softness to it,its too sharp,but for hot weather it will be fine !

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

Very minty, soapy, fresh, & unique, like a toothpaste but I like it
Sillage is very subtle & Longevity is good over 4-6 Hours on my skin
Very comfortable for day wearing

Scent 4.5/5
Sillage 2.5/5
Longevity 3/5

senisteve
senisteve

It is an interesting choice for those who tend to lean towards greener perfumes as well as those who are in the mood to experiment a little with different mood setting scents. It is quite a simple and bold combination of herbal notes, however i don't believe it would satisfy the olfacatory senses of one who is looking for subtlety and delicacy in a perfume. Nevertheless, it is quite a good complimenting perfume, wear it depending on the mood you are in but wear it with confidence as it will truly let your personality shine through rather than define you as so many other perfumes seem to do.

masboi
masboi

one word... FRESH!

very minty and green opening, really really refreshing for hot summer day, even if it is not the same genre for summer scent. it's recommended for spring, but i really love to wear this particular fragrance in hot summer day.

i think it's a linear fragrance, not much different from top to base notes. but the herbal vibe is quite stronger on the dry down.

and this is the best unisex fresh fragrance i ever smelled. but the longevity is not that great, only got 4-5 hours on my skin.

very recommended for office scent in spring and summer

longevity : 6/10
projection : 7/10
overall smell : 8.5/10
recommended age : anyone

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Very unique one! Smells just like fresh plants, green, cool, fresh, natural and wild. Base is minty, the icy touch ever lasts to the end.

As described, "a rare and unexpected" one in perfume world which brings amazes. Nice to have a bottle, perfect for a carefree summer holiday.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I would say the description of Herba Fresca at the top of the page is quite accurate. It is completely herbal, minty and fresh. I would agree with others that this is not a perfume that oozes sex appeal, but I think that's fine as it's not what this perfume is about. It's more the type of thing you would wear to feel fresh and invigorated.

To me it smells of fresh herbs, spearmint, and a bit of lemon. The herbal and mint scents are quite realistic to me - that is, it seems high quality and not synthetic at all.

Herba Fresca is actually quite beautiful, but I don't think I would wear it myself as it's just too green and crisp for my style.

Stiletto51
Stiletto51

Smells exactly like mint julep helene mask! lol..

If you're not a fan of mint in fragrance (i know i'm not), better not to blind buy this one.. the cleanliness and freshness of it however, worth mentioning, it IS fresh, in a green-minty way. Just like the after feel of chewing spearmint chewing gum (not necessarily a bad thing for me though).

What really put me off is the longevity. Only lasted 3 hour max in my skin. :(

atiet97
atiet97

Finally found and tested this fragrance last week. If you're a fan of fresh scents, you'd love it at the first spritz. Fresh, green, light and effortless. But wait 'till like 1 hour, you'll get a clean detergent or floor cleaner scent. If you don't mind to smell like home cleaner products I recommend this one.

By the way compared to my Aqua Allegoria Laurier - Reglisse (another series from Guerlain Allegoria), that one is...way lot better than this Herba Fresca. It's fresh, green but gentler, thanks to the lovely floral notes that balanced the bitter bergamot notes, which to my nose oddly received as green tea.

chance25
chance25

I complimented someone wearing this a few years ago, and knew I had to have that scent. What strikes me first is the sweet balmy mint, it's very lemon-y and herbaceous. It then goes into that cut grass aroma that you either love or hate. I wish this note were more intensified, but I won't complain.

The bottom notes of cyclamen and lotv wrap up the perfume, making this a fresh light-floral. It still projects, but it's not a sex pot scent. It's a perfume you want if you don't want to smell any vanilla, spice, amber or patchouli. This is the exact opposite, but it's still an interesting, charming perfume.

ralucucky
ralucucky

I love it! It's one of the most refreshing and wonderful perfumes I have ever smelled! I totally recommend it for spring/summer! Great staying power too.

Apparently unpretentious and very simple but skillfully mastered. Mint joined by a super fresh verbena and tea. Nice and delightful.

Killercolours
Killercolours

Mojito in a bottle! The green herbal scent of mint combined with citrus really just creates.. well.. the drink! Mojitos are my favourite so I don't mind being taken for one at all. Hahaha.

No but seriously. This is really crisp and sour, almost cooling. A lovely scent for warm weather, makes you feel fresh even though it's very hot outside. The lemon sure is there, but it doesn't make the perfume smell sporty. Just like the lily of the valley, it sure is there too but it doesn't kill the other scents completely as it often does. It's very well balanced and I feel calm when I'm wearing this. A gorgeous scent!

Siv55
Siv55

Very green, very fresh. You will smell of herbs for a short while. Wear it to your landscape gardener interview.

Amylene
Amylene

Just noticed that it's no longer present on Guerlain's website :(

sofiii
sofiii

Herba Fresca is quite an unusual and realistic herbal scent. It starts really leafy, slightly sour, just like freshly mowed grass in a summer morning, plus a little bit minty tea hint in the background.

After a while, it gets less sharp/sour and blended well with a slightly sweeter grassy hint. It is really nice as if you were really close to nature and the green vegetation.

In the dry down, a tiny bit of discreet floral hint has been added in, which soften the whole fragrance and makes it closer to the wearer.

I would highly recommend Herba Fresca to anyone who wouldn’t mind a little bit realistic nature fresh greenness in his/her collection.

Foma
Foma

The best perfume I have ever smelled! So sweet and crisp and fresh! A dewy grass-perfume. Love it! Beautiful bottle as well.

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

it was terribly hot summer day when i bought this wonderful perfume. i came in in the store and i was so lazy to choose perfume, but then seller ofered me to try this : from the first breath i felt in love with herba fresca. It's cooling like wind, fresh cut grass refresh you and lemongrass gives you energy for hole day.

Maybe the aroma could last longer, but it's not a problem, becouse the bottle is so boautiful, that you're always happy to see it in your purse.

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

have only a tiny bottle so have to be sparing which is a shame.Its very fresh and summery, like sticking your head in a pot of herbs.very different!

mandelinka
mandelinka

I was really looking fwd to this one, but kept it only for few days.
I'm really dissapointed as have been looking for a perfect green scent forever. couldn't smell lilly or grass, this just gave me headache and make me feel ill.
what a pity :(
gave it to my mum

BIG
BIG

i expected to smell fresh mint leaves; i think i smelt synthetic mint, it was a bit too sweet and spiky, unlike fresh mint leaves. The mint accord peels away as time goes by and you get a calm and peaceful drydown.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

Sprayed on the card it's a gorgeous and very fresh scent.

Then I tried it on my skin - yuck. Apparently my skin hates either lemon or cyclamen, or both. I know I can wear the other notes no problem. So disappointing!

On the right skin chemistry, this is a perfect refreshing scent for a hot and humid summer day.

ETA: Tried this one again, and it works very well on me now. Not sure if it's the weather, or if skin chemistry is different at certain times of the year, or what. I loved this so much I had to try it again, so glad I did :)

birdbrain45
birdbrain45

In the search for a summer frag I bought this a couple of years ago. The mint dominates and I feel like I smell of toothpaste. Does not work on my skin

charlottte
charlottte

Absolutely delicious!! It's the perfect summer scent! Love the mint, lemon and tea notes... however it really doesn't last long, so I tend to spray it on myself at home or after I take a shower... when I go out I tend to use a stronger and more long-lasting scent as it drowns in the busy city hustle and bustle almost 10minutes after I leave my home... but I love this fragrance - the scent is so simple but refined.

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

I love this fragrance. It's so light and refreshing for a hot, humid summer day.
I get a heavy dose of green tea at first whiff, then it settles to a fresh grass and hint of mint.
Overall it reminds me of a cool summer morning after a light rain. Simply delicious.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

Not very toothpaste-y, just slightly minty. Not fresh cut grass either. More like a fresh and cool, slightly minty, green iced tea. Perfect for a hot summers day.

Pepa
Pepa

It DOES smell like fresh grass, mixed up with the petrol coming out from the cutting-grass machine ... and, sure, one must really want to smell like this ! The point is that I do not know a single person who is not familiar with this smell and who does not like it. Everybody has at least one reference in their past memories linked to fresh-cut grass and, unless the experience was extremely negative, I dare to think that for 99,99% of us these were happy moments. With or without mint, lily and/or the rest, this really is something special. You just need to know if you want to smell like it. Having said that, I agree on a bit of agressiveness in the top note, however, try it on your wrist and let yourself be accompanied by it during a couple of hours, or a day ... and let youself be amazed. And then please, let me know about it ;o)

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

This, I love. True, it doesn´t last long, but thats why you get a completely huge bottle! Its a very delicious after-shower splashy thing. Gets you in the summer mood. I recomend!

enigmatict
enigmatict

Answer to kittykati: yes!

It doesn't last nearly long enough regardless of how much I love it, like a body splash :(

guest_oh how I love thee
guest_oh how I love thee

Not chewing gum or toothpaste, absolutely not. This scent is unique, clean, bright and purely green. It is mint but NOT pepermint. Imagine that leaf you pick from a mint plant in an herb garden and you smash, mixed with a smell of cut grass in the air, and you have the essence of this scent. It is divine, not sexy that is true, but it is pretty and pure and for me; intoxicating.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I agree all the people saying "toothpaste"...Minty but not fresh as expected, has a very sweet TASTE...

arladanielle
arladanielle

This afternoon I walked into a mall and found myself drawn to this display of class and an aura of serenity. A drop on my wrist and a whiff of it sent my mind drifting to sunrise in my hometown's grassy hills with the dew caressing my bare feet. I was 9 then and I swear I never imagined such memories come to life again.. After 8 hours,this lovely scent stayed on, and since I went back to my present world( and washed it off), I swear tomorrow this beautiful bottle will be mine to keep.I AM BUYING MYSELF ONE!! Wish me Luck!!

Miss Bloom
Miss Bloom

Beautiful, light, refreshing. A wonderful summer fragrant cologne. I am not much for citrus or aquatics so this suits me fine for a summer frag.
It is grassy with a hint of mint, very unique. I would never have thought mint would be good in a perfume until I tried this.
Not very long lasting, but the bottle is so big that it is easy to respray without feeling too indulgent.
This is a really lovely fragrance.

Absolutely fresh, herbal and clean. Not sexy or seductive, just lovely and distinctive, like being outside in a garden after the rain.

curtis.w
curtis.w

A few months ago, I decided to look for something light and fresh to add to my wardrobe (since most of my scents are heavy and sweet or spicy or woody) for what is probably going to be a pretty hot summer. I'd heard good things about Herba Fresca but was sort of prepared for it to let me down. I've sampled quite a few scents from Guerlain since I became interested in fragrances, living within easy driving distance of the Guerlain boutique in San Francisco has helped with that, but, to tell you the truth, I haven't really been all that impressed with their line. Jicky was pretty good but not amazing; Habit Rouge was fair but seemed too mature for my taste; Mouchoir de Monsieur was promising but ended up smelling more than a little off to me; their Vetiver is adquate but nothing special to my nose; Derby was one of my favorites, but I can think of so many other scents that would be ahead of it on my list.

So when I picked up the bottle of Herba Fresca (which is a great bottle, by the way) to test it, I wasn't expecting much. After all, it's part of their Aqua Allegoria line, which I've heard described as a sort of a Guerlain-for-beginners, and after being a little underwhelmed by the greater Guerlains, how could it be that great? Okay, it's not absolutely amazing, but it is pretty darn good. It's not my favorite fragrance by far, but it is exactly what I was looking for. It's wet, light and bright, and fresh and green without being your stereotypical fresh or aquatic fragrance. It starts off with a blast of citrus, which doesn't stick around too long, and mint, which lasts through the drydown. The mint note listed is peppermint, but it's not a candy-like mint, nor is it a toothpaste- or gum-like spearmint note. It's crisp and fresh without being overly sweet or reminding me of a breath-freshener. After the citrus fades a bit, it veers a little toward the feminine side. It's supposed to be a unisex scent, and it is for the most part, but after a while, it gets a little girly. Maybe it's the lily of the valley or the pear blossom that does it, but, as a man, it doesn't last long enough to make me feel uncomfortable wearing it. Once you get to the drydown, though, it smells like sweet, wet, just-cut grass. You can still pick out the individual notes if you want too, but the overall feel is, just as described, like a walk through a dew-dampened garden. It's really a lovely scent all the way through, but the drydown is what sold me. Good stuff.

Eros
Eros

No, no, not a "toothpaste", not a "grass", *not* "for men". It is just very well-balanced perfume. This type of women's perfume I like a lot: it IS green-LIKE, but not cheap "grass", it IS a bit floral, but not powdery. Is IS a bit sweet, but not "sugar" or "definitely oriental". The real name of this perfume should be "untraceable scent" - that means green-floral but very unusual. This perfume is not "house of scents" it is "dance of scents".
As for me - it is definitely above the floral "democratic" crowd. Every pretty woman not wanting sex should smell in a style like this one.
Another one - Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Grosellina.
Amazingly - they intended to and can be MIXED within this serie by yourself, producing exotic absolutely unique scents.
Lasts 20+ hours with no changes in scent.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

So refreshing on a hot summer day! Reminds me of having iced tea with mint on the porch. I wouldn't wear this out around town (and it's certainly not sexy!), but it's wonderful when I'm just hanging out at home, or doing yoga. Fabulous!

arzacu
arzacu

I love this one, I'm going to buy it

smells really like fresh grass, perfect for summer, spring, warm days... is excellent, smells really gorgeous.

Mint and grass. It's simple and linear and that's all you get. Neither does it last long. Still pretty and a nice summer scent, but it is more like a body splash than a perfume.

I can't say that I like it or I've lied,but it's more likely to call it strange or as in some of the other comments it has been mentioned "unique".to me it's just mint and green tea and some herbal stuff that I can't recognize!I can't imagine myself wearing this and going out!I think it becomes overwhelming soon,but you can try it in very rare occasions,like after raining in a summer day for walking a bit.

simo
simo

This scent is my favorite one! It´s such a unique fragrance - very fresh, minty in the beginning, before it becomes flowry, but in a very special way. For me it´s a fragrance for all seasons!

elgab89
elgab89

Firstly, let me tell you I am not a fan of fresh perfumes. However this one is brilliant!
It really feels like you are walking in on a freshly cut grass lawn. The green and citrus minty combination of scents reminds me of spring and sunny days!
I do not think I could wear it in the winter - but definitely welcome it on a very hot day.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I was really surprised when I discovered this one from Guerlain. This Aqua's really simple, lively, fresh, natural and special. When you wake up early, your windows open, your room is full of wind from the forest outside. Last night it rained, leave this moring so fresh and pure, so green and lively. And you realize you're having a beautiful day :)

Natalia78
Natalia78

Summer morning in my Grandma's garden.love it!

Marianne
Marianne

Smells like toothpaste or peppermint chewing gum

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain 4.07 out of 5 based on 886 ratings and 155 user reviews

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
FragranceShop.com
Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain TESTER for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
AQUA ALLEGORIA HERBA FRESCA for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
AQUA ALLEGORIA HERBA FRESCA for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Perfume by Guerlain, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
NORDSTROM.com
Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Perfume by Guerlain - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Perfume by Guerlain - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.